Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Gatty, and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: An MSNBC analysts claimed that Donald Trump wants to take anyone in America and disappear them, presumably by booking them as an analyst on MSNBC.
Speaker 2: Low Radio.
Speaker 1: I was just reading this article about Corey Lewandowski and Christy Noms. So Christy Noman is the way too glam for my taste. Department of Homeland Security Secretary. I don't know why she gets hold dolled up the way she does, for like.
Speaker 2: Visiting El Salvador in prisons. But the thing that.
Speaker 4: Bothers me that's way over the top is when she has the I have wet shiny lips lips stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, I don't like the way you said wet. Something off putting about that. Wow? Excuse me? It's called a gloss, you weirdo?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why lips? Wow? Yeah? What's the why the wet lips stuff?
Speaker 1: So is Corey Lewandowski her chief of staff or chief with a staff? That is the question that seems to be going around, is they there seems to be an inappropriate relationship between the two.
Speaker 2: Are we just gonna let that go? Michael, I'm just gonna let it go. I was kind of proud of that, all right.
Speaker 4: So Rich Lowry of the National Review wrote a great piece about the fact that tomorrow is the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the Ride of Paul Revere, Vaunted and story and song and poem and the rest of it. The the poem only semi accurate, and it's fine. For instance, he absolutely probably didn't say the British are coming because everybody still considered themselves British.
Speaker 1: Listen to my children, and you shall hear that one, that poem. Yeah, the Midnight Ride of Paul Revere. He almost certainly said the regulars are coming out, meaning the regular.
Speaker 2: British troops anyway.
Speaker 4: So getting to Rich Lowry's story, sure enough, we've long told our kids and ourselves of the cinematic events in April seventeen seventy five, when the famous silver Smith warned the countryside of approaching British troops and the American Revolution kicked off in earnest. Like all legendary events, Revere's ride in the battles of Lexington and Conquered have been encrusted with myth. It's almost certainly not the case that he yeld the British are coming center, and Revere didn't ride alone, and he didn't even make it to Concord. The British briefly captured him. And the role of the celebrated minute men tends to be exaggerated.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: But such minutia side that day two hundred and fifty years ago still deserves to be celebrated in prose and poetry, and is every bit as extraordinary as you might have learned when you were a child, before we decided we didn't like our own history and heroes so much anymore.
Speaker 2: And you said, it's sooner than fifty years ago tomorrow, correct sir, the nineteenth of April.
Speaker 1: I was there on vacation a couple of years ago, and I did the walk slash drive through the whole thing, Lexington Concord, and it is It's very cool. Oh, I'd love to do that. I can't believe I haven't anyway.
Speaker 4: Hoping to maintain operational secrecy, the British sent a contingent out at night from Boston to capture reputed stores of weapons in Concord. They were immediately noticed and the whole one of my land two of by sea plan that Revere and has we discussed last hour. Roughly thirty other craftsmen and mechanics had come up with a plan to monitor the British movement of troops round the clock and to warn the Patriots if they started to move in an aggressive way. And indeed so the part about the old North Church lantern is absolutely a real thing, and the race was on. It is really Lowry Wright's one of the most dramatic episodes in American history. Paul Revere and others rushing to warn the countryside, and the British troops marching through the night, not briefed on their mission, hearing guns and bells sounding alarms all around them. Lexington was on the way. The militia mustard as a show of force, not seeking a fight. No one knows who fired the shot heard round the world. It may have been an inadvertent discharge, but the British then fired volleys and charged with bayonets, killing eight. Concord was now fully on alert again. There was a wary standoff again someone fired during this confrontation at north Bridge. The British got off a volley, then the Colonials returned fire with deadly effect, and shockingly, the British ran.
Speaker 2: Their rank swelling.
Speaker 1: The Colonials harried the regulars along the narrow battle Road as they retreated back to Lexington, with the places where the fighting was especially intense known by names such as the Bloody Angle and Parker's Revenge. This reminds me a little bit of the opening days of the war in Ukraine of a similar situation, in that the Russians met way more resistance than they thought, and the the home people are much more motivated to defend their families and homes than the Russians that wondered why are we even here? In the Brits many whom we thought, why are we even here?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah, that's an excellent point.
Speaker 4: And I tell you what, if you hear about places named the Bloody Angle in Parker's Revenge and don't get a bit of a chill, You're made of different stuff than me. Members of the militia did not, as popular imagination believes, largely act on their own inspired initiative. They were well led the Americans repeatedly stood in formation against the British regulars during the course of the day. Historian David Hackett Fisher writes it was an extraordinary display of courage, resolve, and discipline by citizen soldiers against regular troops. The more dispersed fighting along the battle road later on was itself the product of a colonial plan to avoid direct confrontation with a now reinforce much larger British force. By the time they made it back to Boston, the British had suffered a true mauling, experiencing roughly three hundred casualties to one hundred for the colonials. The Americans ensured that the words spread far and wide, and the effect was electric. Thomas Paine, who had only recently come to America, felt that quote the country into which I just set my foot was set on fire about my ears. John Adams said that Lexington quote changed the instruments of war from the pen to the sword. If Lexington and Conquered were small scale engagements and the schemes of things, the reverberations were enormous, they sent a message that a defiant American population wouldn't be easily subdued. Wadsworth concluded his famous poem with the lines through all our history to the last, in the hour of darkness and peril and need, the people will awaken and listen to hear the hurrying hoof beats of that steed and the midnight message of Paul Revere. May it be so, writes Rich Lowry. Beautiful job as usual, Rich.
Speaker 1: I wish I could remember what book it was I read fairly recently about this.
Speaker 2: But Revere was captured along with the guy who's riding with They.
Speaker 1: Got beaten real good by like rifle butts and stuff like that by the Brits and got out of there somehow to continue riding.
Speaker 2: But it was way more violent and dicey than you know.
Speaker 1: The poem leads you to believe, right, it was not romantic and gallant and a horse ride of shouting. Yeah, you got the hell beat out of him the But it's just it's been true throughout history, and for obvious reasons. If you're fighting with your own home, wife and kids at your back, you fight differently than if you're a occupying force working for a paycheck. Don't really care that much whether you're there or not, and whether it's shooting, so nobody shoots you Russians in Ukraine or circum circumstances sometimes the Northern soldiers in the South and the Civil War and Us in Iraq.
Speaker 2: There's all kinds of examples.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, I was gonna bring up Afghanistan, and you know that just needs to be remembered. And it's the point I've made many times through the years. You can have the most righteous mission in the world. You can be backed by the majority of a population of a place, but they get tired of being occupied really really fast.
Speaker 1: As we would as well as we were at the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Always remember in one of Shelby Foot's books about the Civil War, he's got a quote in there from some Southern soldier who gets captured after a bloody battle in the Northern Guys Union guys ask why are you fighting so hard? And he said, because you're here just thinking here, you're in arm might you're in my yard?
Speaker 2: Yeah, fight to the death for that. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: We will post a link to this piece by Rich Lowry. I'm not sure the paywall situation. National Review does a great journalism anyway. Maybe you want to subscribe, but that's that, you know what.
Speaker 2: I'm a little bummed today. We got this.
Speaker 1: We'll play a little bit later, this this bit about coloring eggs from Jimmy Kimmel. But my kids are too old for that now. And I love that. That was fantastic there for a while. Ye get some eggs and color them, and it was a little project and they were so into it.
Speaker 2: And the on weight of the teenager is a whole different thing.
Speaker 1: Nothing is fun or cool, yes, certainly, nothing to do with you. Yeah, Actually, there's plenty of things that are fun and cool. Hanging out with his girlfriend seems to be very fun and cool. Hanging out with me not as much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: I was so lucky with my son, in particular that we both love to play golf, and we both love rock and roll music and playing guitar and.
Speaker 1: Bass and that sort of thing. So we always, you know, we could do that. Henry and I played tennis yesterday and lifted weights. It's different stuff, but it's you know, those little kid activities are fantastic.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I was always very bad at dying eggs. I was more than happy to let the kids do it. I just my eggs would come out and look for you.
Speaker 1: But how is anyone bad at dying eggs? There's really the bar is very low. Did the egg end up not white?
Speaker 2: You win? Oh?
Speaker 4: No, it's the other people in the family. Their eggs were much more artful than mine. Okay, I mean beautiful, like rainbows of color and patterns and that sort of thing. Mine again looked like something had gone wrong with the egg. Better throw this one out, honey, it's gone bad.
Speaker 1: Joe's going to tell us why common core mats so sucky? Is Trump going to actually tax the rich?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: That'd be the ultimate populist move? But no, no, let's not know. He's not going to raise tax.
Speaker 2: There's that He's going to a lot of stuff on the way. Stay here.
Speaker 1: Strong and yet.
Speaker 6: So the first time since twenty fourteen, Easter and four twenty will land on the same day this year, which is going to lead to some very.
Speaker 2: Long and confusing egg hunts.
Speaker 6: Where did I did I hide those?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: There are a lot of Peeps products then now this year they have Peep's icies, They've got Peeps flavored milk. The Peeps and Peeps even teamed up with Milk Bone to make.
Speaker 2: Peeps flavored dog biscuit.
Speaker 6: No, at least one stone dude in the peedile at Target is going to see that.
Speaker 2: And just devour the bucket.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: I've still never had a peep, but a peep peep flavored milk sounds awful.
Speaker 4: That is just sugary milk. It's milk with sugar in it. I don't get it. Although I am a big fan of the peep and have been for many, many years.
Speaker 1: We did get one text tying a story of today with our little revolutionary work.
Speaker 2: Yes, Katie, you have a peep related comment.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna let Joe, No peeps are trash, says, trash.
Speaker 2: Is like a low rent treats.
Speaker 1: Is that No?
Speaker 2: There, it's there with the circus peanuts and the.
Speaker 4: I agree, another excellent traait, another delicious treaty.
Speaker 1: You canet them the real cheap.
Speaker 2: They come in packaging boxes as well.
Speaker 4: And you said the peep is a delightful, soft, yet crunchy, It's Easter themed treat enjoyed by generations.
Speaker 1: The fascinating personality that is you that combines country club wine connoisseur, you know, Beethoven with you like peeps and circus peanuts.
Speaker 4: Yes, and if you were more sophisticated you'd understand how it all fits together.
Speaker 1: At home matching his peeps with a nice Scotch. Oh, that sounds delicious.
Speaker 2: One serious thing.
Speaker 1: We were talking about the Revolutionary War and the anniversary of Paul Revere blah blah blah, and one of the stories of the day. I think it's helpful to point out that the true beginning of due process began with John Adams defending the British soldiers after the Boston massacre. He thought it would end his career and ruin his reputation, but was convinced it was the right thing to do anyway, that everybody deserved to due process, even the British soldiers. And if you have not seen that play out, you should watch that HBO series with Paul Giamati as John Adams.
Speaker 2: It's really good.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, Joe brought us some fascinating information about Elon Musk and his many children and how the whole thing works. Did that include you mentioning that, well, I'll just read this text and I don't remember this part or not. Wait, Elon's been getting all these women pregnant with in vitro fertilization.
Speaker 2: Dude, I've got a way cooler method you should try. Well.
Speaker 4: No, I think he does it the old fashioned way. Mostly what he was suggesting to I think it was Ashley Saint Clair was that they combine his most excellent spermatozoans with her delightful ovum ova and implant them in a bunch of mothers because he thought that they were a super great pair to reproduce. But you can't breed an army one kid at a time, so he's going to farm out the project to surrogates.
Speaker 1: I wonder what his goal is if he's on kid fourteen at age fifty three, and unlike women, as a dude, you could keep doing this, you know.
Speaker 2: The rest of your life. I wonder how many kids he's thinking. I mean, is he.
Speaker 1: Gonna like get into Crazyville, like forty fifty kids?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think as many as possible as his goal.
Speaker 4: Wow, within the bounds of And we talked about this yesterday hour four I think gravitfive podcast Armstrong and getting on demand if you missed it. But the way he manages the women and pays gives them a lump sum and then a monthly like one hundred thousand dollars a month allowance to raise the kid, but then he might makes them sign non dispara agreements. NDA's it's all very complicated and certainly odd from the perspectives of somebody with a much more traditional lifestyle like myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the figure you were the reporting was fifteen million lump sum and then one hundred thousand a month to Miss Saint Clair. Yeah, indeed, just that little romulus. Is that for life or is that for till the kid's eighteen?
Speaker 4: Well, she had some objections to the contract, specifically that it wasn't terribly specific about what would happen if Elon died before the kid hit twenty one, because I think that was one of the answer to your question.
Speaker 2: That's kind of easily taken care of. I mean.
Speaker 4: You would think, but yeah, it's a culture of don't challenge him, just play along, and he will make it very much worth your while.
Speaker 1: Once you got your fifteen million dollars, I think you're in decent shape.
Speaker 2: I mean, unless you're really bad, you got to pay it back.
Speaker 1: If you disparage him, you'll break the agreement. Yeah, wow, that's the contract. So you come, you go to TMZ and say Elon's a bad dad and you owe him that you got to pay back to fifteen million dollars which you probably spent most of correct. Yeah, yeah, well, you know, it's an interesting arrangement you got into anyway.
Speaker 2: But so his rockets seem to be very, very good. Somebody brought up last Hour.
Speaker 1: So there's a certain theory with the Mungams and with Elon that his genius and I think he is a genius, will translate to the.
Speaker 2: Kid you have.
Speaker 1: But somebody pointed out last hour. There's not a lot of examples of that. I mean, we just were mentioning John Adams, John Quincy Adams. There's one example, but there's not like regular examples of Thomas Edison's kid or Einstein's kid or whatever, or athletes or you know, it happens now and then, but not usually.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they have different goals and motivations. Of course, they're individuals. They might be really into, you know, writing about opera or history or whatever, and no interest in forging ahead in physics, for instance.
Speaker 1: So you got fifteen million dollars one hundred thousand dollars a month, and you might have a dumb kid. You know, or Thomas Edison's kid just wanted to play the banjo.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Did he have kids?
Speaker 1: So I don't know, right, Yeah, that's gonna be interesting to watch. I'll bet Elon's gonna end up with forty fifty kids, whichard could be crazy, could be so coming up.
Speaker 4: Harvard announced that they need to offer remedial math classes now to the most exclusive university on a plan. And part of the reason for that is because common Core was such a miserable failure. Yep, sure, and you knew it, didn't you trying to help your kids with their homework.
Speaker 2: You're right, all of us parents knew it. You know. Look forward to complaining about this, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: A dozen eggs are going for more than six dollars according to the national average.
Speaker 1: You might have seen the.
Speaker 7: Social trends plastic egg decorating and dying marshmallows, and potatoes. All it takes is a little food dye you probably have in the back of your pantry from last.
Speaker 1: Year, and egg shaped potatoes.
Speaker 7: Both options are a fraction of the cost of a dozen eggs.
Speaker 6: I think to dye potatoes because we can't afford eggs is the reason our grandparents left the old country.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 2: You know what you want, you know what you can do if you can't buy eggs.
Speaker 3: Eggs are suggestions, are good suggestions.
Speaker 6: Just tell your kids you hid the eggs really really well this year.
Speaker 2: How do you dye a plastic egg?
Speaker 4: You know, that's the perfect example of a social media trend that.
Speaker 1: Doesn't exist on Earth.
Speaker 4: It's only nobody's dying blanking potatoes. Egg shaped potatoes, no first social media trend. I don't think anybody's in a situation where that extra dollar from what they cost a year ago is going to keep you from being able to do it.
Speaker 2: And if you are, that's I feel for you.
Speaker 1: But like, sell some plasma today or a steal, do something, but don't make your kids die egg shaped potatoes.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, So coming up a little bingo banngo bongo of headlines, A lot of stuff going on. We'll just touch on a lot of it briefly. But I was struck, as so many were, that even Harvard is now having to offer remedial math classes because our nation's government schools are doing such a poor job of preparing kids for college.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. I can't believe you're qualify for Harvard, yet you need remedial math.
Speaker 4: I've been hearing for years about remedial English and writing in particular courses in a lot of universities for kids who are accepted into what are quote unquote the elite universities. And you know, not to brag or anything, we're the product of our upbringing in the education that was offered to us, and our own driving curiosity.
Speaker 2: But the idea that.
Speaker 4: You could get admitted into well I went, you know, to University of Illinois, for instance, and not the reasonably competent at math and reading is just astonishing to me, especially given and any parent of a high school or can tell you this right now. It's extremely competitive to get into these schools. What does all of that mean, Well, it has to do with great inflation and the dumbing down of education in the country. It's been a miserable failure. But I thought this was interesting. The Harvard is not labeling the new course remedial. The official se that the course quote is intended to support students who face early challenges in their math courses.
Speaker 2: In other words, it's remedial.
Speaker 1: So they quote an expert in the California Globe is Zuomi. Mister is Zumi. What's his first name?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but he does great work, Oh, Lance Zumi of the Pacific Research Institute. He says much of the reason for the poor performance of American students is because of the failed progressive math teaching methods and curricula pushed on schools by the National common Core Math Standards, which were adopted by most states in the early twenty tens. Under common Course math standards that tried and true standard algorithms, meaning step by step operational methods for addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division were de emphasized, while progressive and often confusing methods such as drawing pictures to solve fractional multiplication problems were prioritized. The result was widespread student math failure, with a federally funded study finding the common Core has had a significant negative impact on eighth grade math achievements and that this negative fact effect has increased over time.
Speaker 2: This is not a shock to any parent who dealt with this.
Speaker 1: I was starting roughly ten years ago. My kids got into elementary school and they were doing math like grade school math that I couldn't help them with. And I was a math guy, and I couldn't help them with it. And I talked to lots of people like, Oh, we've gotten emails from people that were like literally rocket scientists who couldn't help their kids with their math because it made no sense.
Speaker 4: You know, that method of teaching makes sense to a small number of kids who, for whatever neurological reasons, see the world that way.
Speaker 2: Well, good for them, you know.
Speaker 4: And I'll go ahead and get to my usual punchline on this, and then there's more information on this, which to me is really interesting. But education is so overloaded with administrators, number one, and with people with phony advanced degrees, masters and PhDs that are completely unnecessary to the task of educating children. They did a hell of a job not very long ago without a bunch of PhDs running around your local elementary school. Well, if you are a would be, you know, a leading light in your industry, you're never going to become one by saying the stuff we've been doing for the last seventy years, it's perfect, it's great. Really, we don't need to tweak it hardly at all. Let's just keep going. You will never become a leading light that way. The last innovation, how.
Speaker 1: About the last seven hundred years when it comes to basic math, right, right, yeah, seven thousand.
Speaker 4: Archimedes is spinning in his grave anyway. So there's this never ending push to innovate, even at the expense of the kids. And it's all supported by the teachers unions who work to quash And I remember at the time anybody who was saying, hey, common course crazy and it doesn't work. You're portrayed as some sort of right wing.
Speaker 1: Fascist, right and then a lot and a lot of something, not a lot, But some of the teachers were completely aware of this because I ended up in a situation where one of my children was struggling with the math and they said, look, look, just to do the flash cards. Do the old fashioned way, the flash cards, okay, some memorizing math facts because they didn't want kids to have to do that for some reason. Yeah yeah, wow.
Speaker 4: So back to mister Azumi, he said, a major study by the ACT Test found that from twenty ten to twenty twenty two, a dozen years, the grade point average in high school English, math, science, and social studies courses among students taking the ACT College Inferance Test increased year over year, while their ACT scores decreased in every one of those subjects.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's we know why that is.
Speaker 1: They lower the ball to get more passing grades or straight a's. You're not learning more. They just make it easier to qualify for an A. It's the what's the good what principles? My favorite thing I've ever learned in my life. Yeah, Goodhart principle. Once a measure becomes a goal, it ceases to be a good measure. And that's exactly what happened there. And there's all kinds of examples through life. Once you think about it, this is a perfect one right there. Once they measure became a goal, the goal was we need more people who were straight a's, or we need more people who pass Okay, then you change the structure to get.
Speaker 4: That result, right thumbs on scales in short. Yeah, final note from mister Zuomi. In my book, I conclude that too many K through twelve schools are putting political ideology over what works, whether it be a misguided equity agenda that seeks to dumb down learning to the lowest common denominator, or progressive curricula and instructural methods that are being used in intellectual defiance of him empirical evidence showing that they are ineffective and are damaging children.
Speaker 2: Then he goes into great inflation.
Speaker 1: How dangerous it is, and then how miserable things are in the state of California, since this is the California globe, and what an utter failure education is in particular compared to Florida.
Speaker 2: But enough of that.
Speaker 1: You're right all along, folks, you were right all along.
Speaker 2: Man. That's frustrating.
Speaker 1: If you spent many hours sitting around the table trying to figure out how to help your kid with their math, they get frustrated, You get frustrated, and it was all freaking a waste of time, complete freaking waste of time, no need whatsoever.
Speaker 2: God, that makes me angry.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: If I was a zillionaire, I would figure out a way to grow some of the great private school the fundamental schools that exist in the world. I'm aware of John Adams Academy. I was just talking to somebody involved in that the other day, and there are a number of worthy examples around the country. But man, I would like to somehow fertilize their growth and their affordability for average American families, because you know, talk shows the talk radio is the land of hyperbole.
Speaker 2: It's like the Internet.
Speaker 4: But I swear I'm not trying to be hyperbolic when I say this is a terrible, almost fatal disease.
Speaker 2: We have in this country.
Speaker 4: How perverse in and effect of our education systems have become. And it ought to be just coast to coast, a national priority to sort it out. But there are moneyed interests who are standing in the way.
Speaker 5: Well it.
Speaker 1: You know, after many generations of you could count on as a parent, you know, my kid waits out there at the bus stop, he gets on the bus, he goes to school, he learns, he's going to learn what he needs to learn. He's gonna come out, he's gonna be able to be a productive citizen in the world like I did. Like I did, you could count on it. You didn't have to worry about it. But those days are over. But it's just it's a lot easier to think you can just drop your kid off at school and they're getting what they need. No they're not, probably, and you've got to stay on top of it. And it's very frustrating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: It absolutely is a few more stories squeeze in the court. A appeal Federal Appeals Court yesterday delivered a striking rebuke to the Trump administration's renewed challenge to an order that is seeking the return of that guy who needs to be returned from the Salvador in prison. The court called it a shocking or is a quote it must facilitate the return. The government is asserting a right to stash away residents of this country in foreign prisons without the semblance of due process that is the foundation of our constitutional order. Further, it claims in essence that because it has rid itself of custody, that now nothing can be done, said the Reagan appointee judge, writing for a unanimous three judge panel of that appeals court.
Speaker 2: This is not over.
Speaker 1: The biggest question mark on that whole story to me is why did his wife try to get a restraining order on it, claiming he was beating her and was so violent and all this sort of stuff. And the quotes are out there from the actual legal documents, and now is saying he's a great man. That wasn't true, I didn't mean it or something. I wonder what's going on there? Yeah, boy, it could be half a dozen different things. Could be lots of different things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fear being cajoled by activists, being bribed, Yeah, some sort of you know, they were about to get divorced when she made the original claims. Who knows with something like that, But not impossible that somebody gets to her with here's a lot of good things that will happen.
Speaker 1: To you if you just say he's a good dude. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well, you know you want your kid to go to school in this country, We can take.
Speaker 1: Care of that, go to college or whatever. Here's a little fun to get you started.
Speaker 4: Our our buddy, mister Soros, who is behind a lot of the protests that are going on right now, as always finances it. But yeah, absolutely true. Go ahead and roll a clip ninety Michael. I wanted to touch on this.
Speaker 8: President has spent eighty seven days at the highest level of its government repeatedly taking efforts to bring this war to an end. We are now reaching a point where we need to decide and determine whether this is even possible or not, which is why we're engaging both sides. We need to figure out here now, within a matter of days, whether this is doable in the short term, because if it's not, then I think we're just going to move on from our perspective.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Secretary of State Marco Rubio there said the US would pause its efforts to negotiate an end of the war in Ukraine if progress isn't made in the coming days, in an attempt to put pressure on Kiev end Moscow to compromise.
Speaker 2: I have not seen Moscow compromising at all. No, No, what is next the next step? No idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Euros are going to hold a meeting that Rubio said, I'm happy to go to if there's any point in it. But this, the prospect of some sort of peace agreement is completely out to see at this point, completely out to see. It was from the beginning. I'm out of order here. I meant to mention that that Senator Van Holland from Maryland met with the deported mister Abrego Garcia. And the only reason I bring that up, or wanted to, was because the wise cracking president of El Salvador Na bo Kelly continued his sarcastic comedy tour, saying that after the meeting, now that he's been confirmed healthy, he gets the honor of staying in El Salvador's custody, so we're not turning them loose.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: So he's still there and will remain so until further notice. Opinions are like elbows, as they say. But here's an opinion for other people saying more earthy version of that that I would say, which I don't say because I'm you know, classy.
Speaker 2: But everybody knows that.
Speaker 1: At least one high profile business saying there are going to be thousands, then many, maybe millions of American small businesses go bankrupt this year if this whole Chinese tariff thing doesn't go away. We can explain that at some point that that's a that's that's quite a prediction.
Speaker 4: And Bertie Sanders spending a quarter of a million dollars for private jets on his fighting oligarchy tour.
Speaker 2: You with us all all the way, stay here. The shooter is twenty.
Speaker 9: Year old Phoenix Eibner, and he's a son of a Leon County sheriff deputy. Our deputy Deputy Eidner has been with the Lean County Sheriff's Office for over eighteen years. Unfortunately, her son had access to one of her weapons, and.
Speaker 2: That was one of the weapons. That's what's found at the scene.
Speaker 1: That's a shooting that happened college in Florida yesterday. Have you heard anything about how kind of trouble this sheriff's deputy.
Speaker 2: Might be in kid getting hold of her gun.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: I can assume a couple of things, But no, not really. The mainstream media, I was just looking at some news alerts is delighted to inform us that this young man had right wing conspiracy theories. It's funny how they were uninterested in the fact that the lunatic who burned down the Governor Shapiro's house in Pennsylvania appears to be not only a lunatic, but a pro Palestinian activist that was not worthy of coverage.
Speaker 2: They're just such lying liars.
Speaker 1: But stop shooting people in burning stuff, you jackasses.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't need to belabor this at all. Is there anything to say about another shooting anything?
Speaker 9: Not?
Speaker 2: Really, I don't know how he getted.
Speaker 1: Another pathetic coward who thinks he gets to hurt people because he's unhappy about this, that or the other. Why are we going to start as a culture calling these people stupids and make it utterly clear to everyone right, like a drunk driver or a wife beater. It's not funny, it's not cool. You're not a hero, you're not scary.
Speaker 4: We're not gonna put your pictures on the news like you're some sort of a character out of the matrix.
Speaker 2: Now you're a stupid coward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder if if we could get all the media to go along with the loser then walked through the hallways and you know, just refer to them as a loser all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, change topic. Luckily that wasn't a whole bunch of dads there. Oh, there were a couple of couple of kids.
Speaker 1: There going to that college that had been at the school in Parkland, Florida when they were younger.
Speaker 4: Then jeez, well you earlier about a shooting in the town where you live, where thank god nobody died, but kids are terrorized and afraid to sleep in their own beds. And often I think we all of us say, Okay, thank god nobody died. But if you've ever a been in a situation where you could have died, like some monstrous lunatic was trying to kill you, and perhaps he shot you, and you have a gunshot wound to heal from your body and your mind are changed forever.
Speaker 1: It's not okay because somebody didn't die, right, Okay, complete change of tone. Here is somebody on Facebook making fun of the whole Chicksterrenaut episode.
Speaker 2: What I know. I hate to see it made fun of.
Speaker 5: I feel love, like live left Love, but like the rich version of it. I hope everyone sees how unified we were go to space in full glam. I hope that in seeing us make the decision to spend that kind of money to leave Earth, that everyone else understands you're not like us. This was important for us to do because tourism to space isn't for everyone. We weren't just going to space. We were making space for all of you to watch us. This is what women need right now, tourism, cute outfits, hair extensions, and zero gravity.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's pretty good. Well, there's a lot to mock in the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whatever that was the point had the biggest backfires in recent memory, but it was delightful. We all needed a moodlift, didn't we, folks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'd like to thank the ladies for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Armstrong and Getty