Speaker 1: This guy.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome to Thursday Show Morning Studio Morning. I have a story here from the Dance of Anger by Harriet Lerner the number one husband gripe. Now, these are gripes by husbands, and I'll read you the story and I encourage the guys on the show. What is your number one husband gripe? I'd love to hear it. The question is what's the number one complain of married men. The answer is being criticized by their wives. Nagging husbands tend to say, I'm tired of being the target. Nagging psychologists say a solution to the problem is for wives to dial down the criticism and make sure that positive comments out number the negative ones by a healthy margin. So what that sounds like to me is you can still nag, just make sure you're doing the fake comment the positive stuff first.
Speaker 1: I think for every negative, try to give five positives.
Speaker 2: There just aren't that many positive things about me, So I know that would just be a lie. If she's like, hey, I got all the I'm like, that's not true. I'm not that So what is your number one husband gribe to the husband's in the room, Let's go to lunchbox. I would say, my wife was like, oh, you unload the dishwasher.
Speaker 3: So I started unloading the dishwasher and I put a dish somewhere.
Speaker 2: Well, actually I.
Speaker 3: Would do it this way. Something tells you that, and then she tells me how to do it. She doesn't like the way I'm doing it. It's like, if you want me to do it, let me do it my way. Or like she wants me to help her cook. Every once in a while and I start cutting something up, She's like, well I would cut it this way. Well, then do it yourself. It is so annoying. I just can't help myself. And she says it every time. I can't help myself. You can help yourself. But is it something?
Speaker 2: Because if my wife does something like that, like I'll load the dishwasher in a very unconventional way at times, and she's like, this doesn't get cleaned if like stacked on top of each other. Probably do it this way. All she has to just tell me once and I never do it wrong again once. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying I know nothing. I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: Something like that, yeah, because I don't want to have to hear it again.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought that y'all don't have that thing where you continuously mess up so you don't ever get asked to do it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a whole different thing. That's different part of our life.
Speaker 3: Or if there's like papers on the counter, I'll get papers and I'll put them there. I wouldn't put them there, I'd put them over here. Well, if you want me to pick them up. If you wanted to put them there, then why didn't.
Speaker 2: You put them there? But then if you do it again, does she tell you again or do you learn? Because if you're if you learn, then she can tell you that. Once I'm done doing it, you're gonna criticize me. I'm like, all right, look, then do it yourself. Got it? I felt that? Oh man, we only get to do one. You're fired up, dude.
Speaker 3: It irritates me too much as a hole in the wall, okay, Eddie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Mine's more of the expectation, like she always expects me to do something Like if I, for example, when.
Speaker 2: I leave work, I usually call her right.
Speaker 5: Say, one day I just don't call her and I show up and they're like, where were you?
Speaker 2: I'm like, what do you mean? You usually call me when you leave at work and.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I have to do the same thing all the time, Like why is it my fault that you're expecting me to do something without even asking.
Speaker 2: Me to do it. That's a question I would have for you back in college. If you had a class on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and you sat in the same seat every time because we all did well, because you're to have it, you'd set you know, third row fit seed over that you sat there every time, every time, every time. Yeah, and then you walk in it's saying people in the class, but somebody sits in that seat, how do you feel it's okay? I just didn't. I mean, it's all right. They decided to sit there one day, even though you've said it every single day, you're not it at all, because I would be like, I know, this isn't really my seat. We haven't like taken and wrote down this is my but I feel like that's my seat. Like I'm there every week and you're always in this class, But why are you sitting there because you've always had your seat. I feel like there's an expectation that over time, that that expectation when it becomes not only is it met, it's expected. Then when you don't meet it, because you have set that standard, and I can understand why there would be concern or irritation. But everything has to run the same every day. It's only because you've made it. You've run it the same every day. So when you don't run it the same, something must be awf or different, which raises concern, which they can manif I self into other things, anger, sadness. So that's why.
Speaker 5: So if I fall asleep on the couch because I'm tired, she in the mornings like, did you just falls from the couch?
Speaker 2: Are you mad at me? Like? What's going on? Nothing, I fell asleep on the couch. It's not a bus.
Speaker 4: Do you have to answer that way? Or can you say, oh, I was just tired.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm just I'm just being yea this devil's advocate there, I would say, I would understand if you do something the same every single day, then you don't do something the same. I would think something different in your life, and that could concern me because it's not so interesting anyone anything. Yeah, And I just used the school chair thing because that's what I think about, Like if I'm in that same chair, I don't own it. I never declared it officially, but if someone's in it, I'm like, well, that's that's my chair. Yeah, I've been doing the same way every single time, and that's weird, and weird is uncomfortable. You're the whole building.
Speaker 3: If we partnered where you parked every day, you wouldn't have pulled it like I want to park.
Speaker 2: Spot. What do you have? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Mine or two huge gripes. It's the meal thing, and it's because I work different hours. So either we can choose to be on the same meal schedule or we're not. So if I come home and eat it too and I say, hey, do you want to eat? I can put you something up and you say no, then that means you have chosen to not be on my meal schedule. So at four o'clock, two hours after I just ate, you cannot say, hey, what do you want to do for dinner?
Speaker 2: I just ate? Yah. It's fair. We have chosen to be on different meal schedules. That's fair.
Speaker 6: So that's my biggest one. My second biggest one is with the TV. So I don't tell you, Hey, I'd love for you to come watch football with me. So why would you love for me to come watch a movie with you. I can watch a movie if we both are just in a room together and a movie comes on and we're both watching it. Why do I have to give up my football to watch a movie when I would never ask you to give up a movie to watch my football.
Speaker 2: Interesting, that's valid. Well I did. There's a lot of factors in that, like does he spend enough time with her in general, Like the football.
Speaker 1: Is on Thursday, Friday or no, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, actually every.
Speaker 2: Day of the week and then Friday.
Speaker 4: If you got on Friday, it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be a dynamic where he works all the time, doesn't It's not really about football to movie Ratio, it's about Raymundo hanging out with Why Ratio, it's just not a war against football.
Speaker 6: I would never criticize a movie, but I don't make you watch my football.
Speaker 2: Why are you making me watch these movies? Hey, listen, nobody's wrong. We're just talking good, We're just talking through them. My number one husband, Gripe is probably uh no, no street clothes in bed ever, like even like sit on it, that's like like nothing. She is so particular about what touches after I clean my feet, even though I'm walking out his barefoot, I have to clean my feet, and I get it, like it makes sense, it makes sense, but it's like it's so much work. Like if I'm wearing a pair of shorts and I've had outside and I can't sit on the bed, She's like, we don't have no no, Dan, It.
Speaker 5: Is weird though, if you like in your bed with jeans, it does feel weird that you're on the bed with jeans.
Speaker 2: You know, when I was single, not so weird. And then again, I now am just trying to go in, wet a washcloth and wipe my feet down before I go to bed every night. So she's like, you've been out, you take the dogs out of the peene ready barefoot.
Speaker 1: You should get a little like wipes to keep by your bed that you should have to wet a wet cloth. You can just get like a little white like I have them for my dog in her paws.
Speaker 4: It could be like your sea.
Speaker 2: No thanks, you have like a little bowl of water. Anyway, Thanks for sharing, guys, I appreciate. Let's get the show going here.
Speaker 7: Anymous sin bars.
Speaker 2: A question to me? Hello, Bobby, bones. This question is a sad one. A wife and I are seriously at odd about how to handle it. Our twenty three year old daughter is living with us. She has a pet cat. Yesterday she went off on a ten day trip with some girlfriends. Today her beloved cat passed away. She's had this cat since she was a kid. It's been an amazing fifteen years. I think we should tell her. My wife doesn't want to because it will ruin her trip. She's even suggested just burying it and telling her that it ran away. I feel like she's an adult, she can handle it. What's the best way to deal with this? Signed bearer of bad news? So I have a lot of answers from personal experience. I like first share a story with you. I was doing some work a few weeks ago. I was hosting an awards thing in New York and get a call from We always have somebody at our house watching our dogs. It's a double security dog thing, right. If we're gone, somebody's at our house because like Pat mahomes house got robbed, you know, And if there's somebody who's like Pat Mahomes, just me. Yeah, in every way except all so the person watching our dogs called and they were crying, and I was like, what calmdowncom dot comdown. My wife's me so I know she's fine and I'm like, what's up? And she's like, Ella's gone. The dog's gone. But she's calling me. Not to tell me that just she's gone, because I wouldn't be able to help find her from there. But we track her on the Apple lot on the air tag, so she's like, can you look on your air tag? Got her right, Luckily we found her. Everything was great. So I needed that call in that situation, so because I could help. Now if I couldn't help, it's a different story. I went to South America to tape a show called Snake in the Grass and we had to go live in the jungle. Miserable experience. Fine show, miserable experience is a living but we were there and the people that stayed at the house, can they stay there for a month and a half. I told them, if any the dogs die for any reason, do not tell me like they're dead. I can't do anything about it. Don't let the dogs die. But if the dogs die, there is nothing I can do that's going to help that. And there's only news that's going to affect me in a negative way while I'm here, like, there is no gain for me knowing that when I can do nothing about it. Luckily dogs didn't die and I would check in and be like, do the dogs die or how the dogs? They would say good, and I'd be like, I don know if I can believe you, because I had already told them, but there was no benefit to it running what I was doing. Now. Number One, you do not need to tell her until she comes back, because you will remove joy from her trip over something that she has no control over in any way whatsoever. She will get to mourn exactly the same way. But let her have her fund first. Secondly, you don't lie about the cat running away, because that is a different kind of anxiety, like, well, let's find it. Will it ever come back? Well, there needs to be closure with this as well. The cat was fifteen years old. It sucks. It sucks like when my last dog died, Like it's awful. Makes me so sad, sad thinking about it now. I dedicated my second book to my dog that died. I remember right on the front of the book, failing till you don't. I was like two dusty, but a great dog. Blah blah, you bet. I know you'll never read this because you're a dog. Was after like, I loved that dog, but it would have done me no good if I could do nothing about it, And I say the same thing. But you do need to tell her. It's gonna be tough. The decision is going to be do you freeze the cat until she gets back and let her bury it, or do you bury it yourself and say this is where the cat is. I think that's what it is. You freeze in your freezer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, somewhere in a box, Yeah.
Speaker 2: A cooler, like a place you think a cooler lunch. She's probably right. You put it in an ice in a cooler because you don't want in your fridge or freezer.
Speaker 1: But if you put it in a bag in a box movie your friend has a deep freezer, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Something like that's fine, but don't tell them what it is like. That's the decision you'll have to make knowing your daughter. If she wants to bury it herself, or if she's because she's not gonna be cool, it's gonna be very sad, or if you think she'd be better just knowing this is where it's buried. That's the decision. The other ones you do not tell her, and two you do not say it ran away when you say when she's back, your cat died. This sucks. And you lead it with going, I have terrible news for you, and then you tell her the news immediately. You don't go, hey, let's talk. Hey, you come to the house when you talk about this. Nope, when she gets there, you say the following, I have really bad news for you. Fluffy died, and then you can do the rest. So good luck. That sucks. That's a very sad story. It makes me sad to think about it and talk about Thanks for asking, though, And don't adopt a cat super fast to replace the other one. That's what I'm going at. Yeah, I want to say that, give it a minute. Don't don't ever adopt a dog or a cat after yours dies to immediately replace the other one. You need time to mourn if you love to. Just like a human, I guess we don't adopt a new humans, so do we. One one dies, though, it's not like an uncle dies, you adopt a new uncle. You don't really do that. Don't do it, but you could is there an adopted uncle? All right, you close it up. There's Brittany from Ohio.
Speaker 8: Bobby was talking about how he wasn't feeling well and he thought he had a stomach bug, but wasn't sure, and it wasn't sure. If he knew there is an e Coli outbreak with certain brands of organic full and baby carrots, that might be something he wants to look into.
Speaker 4: He might have cool.
Speaker 8: I love the show.
Speaker 2: Why would you say that? Oh geez, have you eaten?
Speaker 4: I had the carrots.
Speaker 2: I've had carrots. Oh, not only that, we give Ella. Ella loves carrots. Our dog like she will take a carrot and keep it for two hours, like treasures it. And so we have a lot of carrots. My wife like puts, is she sick too? I have a bola no e coal? I? Oh sorry, yeah, I got a little.
Speaker 4: Ket It's an outbreak.
Speaker 1: But the dates were like you had to buy on between this certain time. But I just went ahead and I had the brands, So I was like, I'm just getting rid of.
Speaker 2: The scary when you see a recall and you have that brand. I'm texting my wife right now because I had a It's I'm still not all the way down the stomach bug, and like, let's make up our mind, guys, is it a twenty four forty eight hour? Seventy two hours? Like I think people just say it about on how sick they are. I had the sixty eight hour stomach bug. That's a thing. Never heard of that? Or that's along you had it. But I'm texting my wife. Did you see the E Coli outbreak carrot story? I don't know if there's a story. I'm just trusting a listener here there is. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if you hear the symptoms severe stomach cramp, I've been there, diarrhea, vomiting yep.
Speaker 2: And the day one was when I was up here, I was vomiting. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The symptoms usually start three to four days after swallowing the carrot.
Speaker 2: I've swallowed carrots there four days ago. Great, Oh my goodness, whole carrot man, the whole thing. I probably just have a stomach bug. But thank you for that. But I am going to check a pile of stories.
Speaker 1: So apparently some psychologists is saying that if you already have your Christmas lights up, you're a self absorbed narcissist.
Speaker 2: Agree what you don't agree with that. Yeah, well, well no, I just don't have mine up. And I'm often called the self absorbed narciss That's the only way I can go. See I'm not one. Got it.
Speaker 1: They're saying, it doesn't mean you have narcissistic personality disorder, which would be like you check a lot of the narcissistic traits.
Speaker 4: This is just a trait.
Speaker 2: I would just say it as a look at me trait, especially way early light look at me. I don't give my fancy lights up. I'm Christmas before you are. Even if it's just like sub gone, just like I think about that, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't get this at all, Like what is not a doctor?
Speaker 1: Like we have the joy of Christmas and wanting to spark it up.
Speaker 2: It's not Christmas and spark it up? Interesting term there four twenty all.
Speaker 1: Right, not that, but I mean just like, yeah, just as.
Speaker 4: You know, light it up, exactly, light it up.
Speaker 2: Would you say, Bob Marley, what turn them on? I would just say, put your lights up early for Christmas? It's fine. I love people do that if it makes them happy. I don't care if it makes you happy. It doesn't hurt anybody. I don't care, but I do feel like there are some of our neighbors who went hard two weeks ago are mostly like, we want to be the first ones to have it up, so everybody sees we're the first ones to have it up. I think that's part of it. Somebody real hard, really hard. But I also do that in different ways, so I'm not hating. I'm just dating well.
Speaker 1: So in addition to the whole narcissistic trait, decorating early may also quote fill a void, making people feel happy when they otherwise wouldn't be.
Speaker 2: And you also are like sealizations were.
Speaker 1: Trying to portray that you're this picture perfect family when you're not. Well, it's just Christmas deep yeah, okay, Speaking of Christmas, kit cats that are shaped like Santa Claus have hit the shelves for the holidays, and this is the first time they've ever done anything other than their normal kit cat shape. And if we know anything, from an awesome candy putting things out in cute shapes like hearts and santas and footballs like with reeses the reeses trees and pumpkins and stuff, they taste so much better and kit Cat says these are even crispier and wayfier, like the ratio is they're.
Speaker 2: Still chalkol Like they're just like a cacolic because if they're doing white chocolate, yeah, like any benefit from them doing a standish shape is lost in white chocolate. Like white chocolate is not as good as dark chocolate. It's a novelty if I happen to open up a white chocolate harshy kiss, because sometimes you get into that. You know, it's like sixty percent of the fun. Is it supposed to taste the same because they tastes different? Okay, here are my ranks of chocolates. Number one milk chocolate, number two, white chocolate, number eight hundred and ninety nine. Dark chocolate kill me? Really terrible?
Speaker 4: That part, Dount, Yeah yeah, that part okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, so check them out there at their in stores, limited time only. And then I have some personal info, just reminders to keep off social media because the holidays are here. You may be traveling, and this is just stuff to keep in mind. USA Today did a whole article about it, and I think it's just a good reminder, Like if you have vacation plans, wait till after you get.
Speaker 4: Home to post about them that happen on home Alone.
Speaker 2: They posted on TikTok they were leaving and they got rocked home alone twelve right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, videos of you talking like they're warning people of doing that, Which what do you think that they're still.
Speaker 2: That's what they're doing, but they're not really doing it, but they are like a couple of people had done it, so they're like making stories going. If you put yourself talking on social media, they're going to steal your voice. What are the odds? Probably not good. I probably wouldn't listen to that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your relationship status like widows or widowers, they may be big targets. Or if your recent divorce, are single and you announce like I'm alone in my home and no longer.
Speaker 2: Announce though it doesn't matter the holiday. Don't do a post of I'm alone in my home. Right.
Speaker 1: Expensive electronics that you may be selling, your walking, hiking and biking routes, your kids' school activities, and where they.
Speaker 2: Are social Security number, Like they're getting weird.
Speaker 1: I mean the kids' school stuff could be a thing because like then they know your kid's name, then they can show up there and be like they the.
Speaker 2: Killers man paranoid. Most of these days are from like Zimbabwe or it's not Harry and from home alone who are coming.
Speaker 1: There was someone that wanted to abduct their child or kidnap, like if they look at you know.
Speaker 2: You're gonna do it anyway.
Speaker 4: Mostly they can find help them. They're like, oh, I just want to.
Speaker 2: Get it done quicker. That's why I'm gonna do it. Like, if you're gonna do it, let's just go.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's the list.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that's a great list. We can post it.
Speaker 4: Stay safe out there.
Speaker 2: I just it makes people extra paranoid if we're constantly talking about all the things that will go wrong if you do something that probably won't well manifest itself into something being wrong. So I want to avoid that super paranoia. But I also want to go like look out and it's a fine line.
Speaker 1: The main part was because of the holidays and traveling, so just that's the takeaway.
Speaker 4: The other ones were just extra.
Speaker 2: I would just say, don't build a fire under the Christmas tree. That's safe. That's that's my note.
Speaker 4: This was to keep off social media that has nothing to.
Speaker 2: Do with them. More of a realist the fire is really bad than.
Speaker 4: It is okay, I'm Amy.
Speaker 2: That's my file. That was Amy's pile of stories. It's time for the good news.
Speaker 4: How much Box.
Speaker 3: Chase Thompson is nine years old. He lives in Idaho. He's at home with his mom and in the morning, his mom falls out of bend.
Speaker 2: She's like, Chase, I need you to call nine one one.
Speaker 3: So Chase is looking everywhere for his mom's phone and she's like, I can't find it. She must have left at the store last night. So he needed to call nine one one. So he went and got the family's Alexa and told it to call and it didn't work. So he's like, what am I going to do? I don't have a phone. So he ran down to a neighbor's house banging on the door. Hey, my mom needs help. Call nine one one. Call nine one one. Amblance came. She was having a stroke.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't trust that thing to call that that's all he had. Yeah, and we were careful not to say hey, I like said do the thing because we thought it might do the thing. Yeah, but I think if that's all you and your nine that's all you have. Sure know He's like, it didn't even play the song I want most of the time. That's a good point. And lastie doesn't love around.
Speaker 4: Maybe need to send her update yours and mine's pretty well on the fact.
Speaker 2: That she got her phone somewhere of the night before. Not good.
Speaker 4: Oh, you know all the time, especially with a relationship a SiO, you know, it just gets it.
Speaker 2: It gets dicey one those one gets jealousy the other and multiple they're pulling hair. Yeah, hey you that's that season for you. Good for you, good story, that's what it's all about.
Speaker 8: Good kid.
Speaker 2: That was telling me something good much about you. Were with Bailey Zimmerman yesterday, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And we were talking about like I used to fill out the free applications for credit cards so I get a free T shirt And so then Bailey told me the first time he got a credit.
Speaker 2: Card about the big mistake he made. J C.
Speaker 9: Penny's one and only time I ever signed up. They're like, hey, you could save this and and we'll give you this for free and you won't have to pay for that shirt today, Like, oh, well, what is it And they're like, oh, it's just a credit card and all you got.
Speaker 2: To do is just sign up. Signed up.
Speaker 9: Never paid for that shirt because it went on the credit card, which I didn't understand what a credit card was, and then I ended up paying like two hundred and seventeen for this.
Speaker 2: So I think we've all been there. Oh yeah, but it's funny to hear Bailey talk about it. Listen. I love that kid. I guess he's not a kid, he's a man. He's a young young man. He's kind of a kid. He's a kid. And I knew and I knew him before he got like big big when he just started being viral, and like we talk and like he grew up very similar to how I did. Like he's a good kid. He's why it gets kind of wild, which I would to have had all that faming. But he's twenty four years old and just he's killing it right now. Hit that all this between a rocket place. Well, and you know what I tell him most, And it's not because he does this, and and it's not because there's a reason for me to tell him, but I'm like, do not get anybody pregnant. That's what I tell him. That's what I tell him most, Like, dude, you're on the road, you're having fun, but do not get anybody pregnant, like that is something you won't be thinking about and it'll affect ever like that. That's it. That's the one. It's not like him. Man, work on the craft. But you got clarify, like get married, you love one day, get somebody pregnant. But and I'm not even saying he's around doing that, and like hook, I'm not at all in anyway. He may. I don't even know if he's dating anybody right now. I talked to him a couple of months, I guess. But that's the advice, like these young artists that all of a sudden have fame and money thrust onto them, because with that comes girls sure clears, and it's like, do not get anybody pregnant. Even if I like see him, like he's like, what's up, Like don't get pregnant. That the first thing he says, do not get anybody pregnant, because that'll that'll set it all back. Oh yeah, I love that kid or could.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't know. I like to look at the game the bright side.
Speaker 2: We don't need to be a bright side, and there's no sad side. Don't get pregnant. He's not doing it first and odds are if you don't know the girl and she gets pregnant, if that ain't gonna be good for life, that's gonna be good. Yeah. I think you can turn it into something good later whenever. Yeah, if it does happen. No, No, you don't want that. You just don't want it. You don't want there to be a bright side, because that means there's a dark side, you know what I mean. Yeah, Anyway, the lottery has four hundred and thirty eight winners because the pick four for four four four four. Much actually play the lottery a lot Do you ever play all the same number at anything? Ever? No?
Speaker 3: Never, because if I miss it then I'll be really upset.
Speaker 2: No, I'm talking about Do you ever play like one one one one two two two two?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: Because I don't play those weird games like where youre going to have to get three balls. I only play the Mega millions and the power ball.
Speaker 2: That's it. It's not enough the weird games. Yeah, Like it's like you're too good for those.
Speaker 3: I don't know how those work, and they're confusing and I haven't looked into them.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're better odds. I don't know, they are much better odds, but oh yeah, he's only playing three or four numbers instead of seven numbers. I mean, mathematically that's much better odds, But you don't win as much money if you win. So four four four four all hit a combined pad of one million dollars and so, but four hundred and thirty eight people won.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: That's what is so divided by so prizes like a few grand which is which, which is great, But you also have to know if you're picking at four four four four to a lot of people are probably doing that. Yeah, it's crazy that the odds of it being four it would be one in ten times one in ten times one and ten times one and ten. Oh so that's a lot of no no, no, no, mayban like try to do that? Wait next to park visitors on a ride are stuck mid air for two hours. This is happening too often, man, I saw it was terrible. More than twenty riders were suspended mid air for hours after a Nott's Very Farm ride. But I don't think they were hanging upside down though, because that would be the toughest. That's good. Guests at the Southern California Theme Park were stuck on the Soul Spin ride. They forced to stop at two pm local time. The twenty two riders were evacuated pretty close to five o'clock. It's one of those things that you like, how did you describe it? You like, are on it and it's strapped over your chest and it lifts you up and it spins you. Yeah, I've seen those of the carnival. Yeah, I like spiders kind of. Yeah, like if you were to draw a circle around it, it'd be like a.
Speaker 4: Like a carousel, but lifted in the air kind of.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's like a windmill. Yeah, that a windmill, but flat okay, okay, not like an umbrella. Yeah, we're really trying hard. But they were just held up there for hours. Oh yeah, yeah, that sucks. I would worry if that were me up there, since it's broken, you know what else is going to break? That thing holding me? Because it's also it's also on a latch, because it's not like a buckle, it's on like a shoulder thing comes over that's latched that a button locks it, and I I'll be worried. Well if that broke, Oh god, what if.
Speaker 4: I didn't think about that part?
Speaker 1: Because like when you're when you buckle it yourself, you like you and you see it and you're like, that's but yeah, if.
Speaker 2: It's a button, if something breaks, why wouldn't something else. Yeah, yeah, that would suck.
Speaker 10: It's time for the good news, So.
Speaker 2: Just tell me something good. Is not a news story. It's from me. It's not about my life. It's about something that could affect all of you guys, and it is a probably now. For a long time on this show, I've been I've been anti doing a cruise because I don't want to do a cruise because I get see sick. I just don't want to do it, like I want to go on the boat and get see sick. And so you guys have been like, let's do a cruise for three years. I've been like, Nope, I don't want to do it. I don't want to do it. Yes, there's a really good shot that that because of some things that I have requested to help me in case I do get sick, that we could be doing cruise.
Speaker 9: Show.
Speaker 7: So nothing is official yet, And I will go I will go places. I will go places, or I will be on tour and they'll be like will you Listeners have been saying forever, because you guys have made such a big deal, will you please do a cruise? And I'm like no, no, no, no, no, And I think that.
Speaker 2: Seventy chance that's good. So we're head of the multi coast. I don't know, we don't know where we're going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's all the coast the world really far.
Speaker 2: What we're doing. I'm not giving any details. There's no details. No, probably because I don't want to like set an expectation that's not met.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's not do that. It's probably going to be landlocked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're not going car right, be called the road trip. But they tell me something good for the show is I was only saying no because I didn't think there was a way for me to make it happen, because I get so boat sick anytime. But I think we I think we're gonna be able to do it. Not anytime in the next couple of months or anything like that, but soon we could be doing a by bunch of cruise only because you guys have been asking for it. Meant has been asking for it. I tell me something good, that's all I have. Tell me something great, that's all. Yeah, that's all. I have for now. Okay, everybody, Amy anything, Amy, you excited.
Speaker 4: I have said a lot.
Speaker 2: She was debating on car Ride.
Speaker 1: No, I was going to start setting certain expectations, and then Bobby's expect multi coast.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's ridiculous. I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 1: I just see it on What I said is that sounds great, and I'm going to wait for more details.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you. Already got a picture in my head. Keep it in your head though, okay, not in your mouth. Out of your mouth, all right, thank you. That's what's all about. That was telling me something good. I was looking at pictures. I was not able to go to the CMA's last night, regretfully, I was. I've been sick the last few days, even here on the show. So Amy looked great. Thank you. Eddie looked great. Oh thanks. More than I saw your video. You're like, I'm just just a girl, just kind of wet if I'm a shower and I'm not going out, and you did your hands white boom, and then she's like in her dress, you know, one of those things is good. And then you guys can help me. Because I only saw a picture. It was Lunchbox in a hoodie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like a sweatshirt hoodie. But it was an It looked is nice.
Speaker 2: I just saw the group picture and every not just our show, but like they did a picture of like everybody who won, and every single person's in a suit or like a really nice dress, and Lunchbox is in a hoodie. But I would I'm not judging yet. We all love to judge on this show, but I would like to hold back for a second. What what was that? Well, what do you mean it was an outfit? It's called style. Uh. No one told me that I had to wear a suit. No one said there's a dress code. You've been to that many We've done that many times.
Speaker 3: Justin Bieber goes to something, he wears a hoodie and people say, oh fashion, I wear a hoodie and it's like the worst thing in the world.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's the worst thing in the world. No, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: He's not judging you yet.
Speaker 2: I'm not asking you to be defensive. I'm they are not jumping in because they've already all made fun of you behind your back, so I'm but they.
Speaker 3: Made fun of me in my face when I walked in. Morgan did a double thing and goes, are you wearing a hoodie?
Speaker 2: About?
Speaker 3: And then I'm gonna Eddie says, are you gonna change? Then these white first things she says to me goes, I see you got your nicest clothes out.
Speaker 2: And here's my thing. If I went up to Morgan and said you look like crap. No, but Morgan was dressed approaching it doesn't matter for like what they they say, you know, it's like whatever they can what the style of dress like, this is what I like to do. Everybody else shut up except for lunchbox because he's gonna get mad at you guys. And I'm not trying to talk to him like I'm upset or irritated.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 2: And see here's the thing a boy, Now, no, let's take it out. Let's think it about half. Not she's me and you talking.
Speaker 3: If if I went up to a girl and said, why are you wearing that crap? I'm a jerk, right, But Morgan does it to me and it's oh cool. If I told her your dress looks like trash, how would she feel?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: I don't think I liked your hoodie by the way. See here's the thing there. I don't give a crap what I liked your hoodie. I did think that it was a bit underdressed for the occasion, but I just wondered what your thought was.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a nice event. It's a nice hoodie. It ain't some trashity that I wear every day. I think my hoodies are nice. You wearing here red Kleistrace today.
Speaker 2: I love that I wore today because I saw them last night. There you go? Uh so, yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought it's no one said anything about a dress code or what you're supposed to wear, and just said, hey, we're going to the Cmas. I'm like, cool, man, this is a nice hoodie that.
Speaker 2: Is expensive, and I love you for being here.
Speaker 3: And I wore it and I wasn't worried about it. And now one person was like, oh my gosh, we can't let you in because you have a hoodie on cool.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, yeah great. I have said nothing to the fact that I'm upset or irritated. I just saw it and thought, is that real? I thought, like a fun picture he took like after he changed out of his suit, scuba. I want to get everybody else mouth shut, please, yeah, yeah, what's up. It's good. But you're the executive producer of this show. Yes you know, of course my name's on it. But like you run this thing, no doubt about it. You're well as that guy. What were your thoughts?
Speaker 10: Well, I guess my first question would be, you get the CMA emails right lunchbox. They come through about to vote for this, and here's information for this, and I voted, gotcha. So in one of those emails, there's an important line here says attire and additional information. It says the CMA Awards encouraged you to honor the tradition of country music's biggest night, but dressing in black tie or formal attire.
Speaker 2: I say that I didn't know that. I just see everybody else doing it every year, so I, well, yeah, and everyone else is doing it as well.
Speaker 10: I will say it's a it was a really nice hoodie for him, it was it was more of an upgrade for what we normally see. So I could see in his eyes he's like, well, I wore a really nice hoodie. This is like my black tie, and it is okay fair to the audience.
Speaker 2: In a suit. No one's seem to complain about that, and I wore.
Speaker 10: Sunglasses, so I kind of like didn't care a little bit myself. But I still wore like a suit and looked somewhat nice. But I just think maybe he doesn't understand in his world he thinks that was awesome.
Speaker 2: That's on our you know what, that's on me as the leader to not go and say, hey, be sure to wear a suit. I mean, I got not even norse from rack. But also I.
Speaker 10: Think to solid he wasn't sure he was gonna make it as well because his wife was doing something, so I think he was like scrambling last second to put something together his best hoodie.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's on me, And I knew it.
Speaker 3: Matched because it was black and white, so I knew that the match with black jeans.
Speaker 2: What's what's on you? I don't understand, Well, there's a mistake. There's a mistake that happens with this show. And because even one of our executives reach out to me saying, was this a bit oh the hoodie? Yes? And I said, not that I know of, because I didn't.
Speaker 4: Got he looked he looked nice just for him.
Speaker 1: He had jeans that fit like really the jeans were nice.
Speaker 4: The hoodie was you could tell he just where he bought it, and showing up.
Speaker 2: To a funeral and a tank top and jeorts and you're like, well, I'm wearing clothes, but I hear you. I hear you.
Speaker 4: But it was still up level for him.
Speaker 2: Yes, I it is my fault because I because I will take and I will message that executive back because listen, no, no executive is st our show. They only care about us when we get in trouble. Nobody cares. So I'll message executive and be like, you know what, that's on me. It was a bit. It was like, because Lunchbuck, what was the nicest hoodie he could find to wear? And that's We're good. That's on me. It is my fault. I thought you look great. I thought you were a bit under dressed for this occasion. But that's on me for not explaining that everybody needed to wear what the email said in the official rules of black tie. Yeah, I still. I mean, I'm looking through this email and I don't see that anywhere. But also, can I have one other thing? And I mean this because I feel this way about me too. You're not jolly roller Justin Bieber oh, oh really he thinks he is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but here's the thing, people, fashion is different for everybody.
Speaker 2: I agree, and so like for you to say, oh, you can't wear this, I did. I didn't say that. I'm saying that's I think the hoodie looks great. It is my fault that I didn't explain expressed to everybody that you need to do what's traditionally done that you guys have seen for like, I don't know, eight or nine years in a row, many longer. Yeah, And the bit that I suggested of lunchbox, can you wear the nicest hoodie you can find? Was not the greatest idea for me to do that bit clink link. I don't want him to get in trouble because I have a feeling that they're going to be like you guys with disrespect, you know, these executives are. So that's my everybody, that was my bit. I made it up. Okay, it's bad taste.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 10: If you think that was bad, he should hear he heard his speech. He took over and to the speech at the awards in the hoodie, in the hoodie front and center and doing a speech. We got an audio of it.
Speaker 2: I don't play yet because I don't think I'm in the place to hear it. Well, I don't. I'm on the place. Hold everybody hold, we can play in the next segment. I just I don't I need a.
Speaker 3: Break, Okay, So can I tell Like when a woman says that to her, I'll be like, well, why are you wearing a trash bag?
Speaker 2: Isn't it? It was? You were under dressed according to the dress code.
Speaker 3: I mean showed me a dress code would.
Speaker 2: For the past ten years. But it doesn't matter. It's my fault. It's my fault. Please everybody, thank you for remaining quiet during this segment. And it's my fault. Okay, that's all. I will play George Burge this cowboy songs, and then we'll come back, and then we'll here's some stuff I don't know about the speech though, Okay, all right, we'll be back. I would like to propose that we hold off on here in the speech until the morning tomorrow show. Okay? Is that okay with you? Guys? Yeah? We live just because I'm I know, I'm gonna I'm in a space. I'm gonna good move. You already had that on depart I've been sick for a few days. I'm finally feeling okay, and I just wanted to do I'd rather do it tomorrow. That smart put up. How why did you guys let him do it? Though? Oh? Well, like you're the leader.
Speaker 1: You were sick, yes, And last time we did this, I gave the speech, so I felt like we should chair. But I was there last time. I think I was all, yeah, but you had to be on red carpet. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what you were there. But then I had to do it, and so then I feel like we should chair that.
Speaker 2: So then then just official ruling from here. Okay, you are the leader when I'm not around, Okay, you do it next to it, I know, But I'm just saying generally, she was nice and the leader decided that should do it, and maybe if the leader decides you should do it, that's great. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now I didn't know it wasn't official ruling.
Speaker 2: So this is the official I'm having to be official now to people what to clothes to wear and what you're the leader. But what if you liked the speech though? Where that change? Yeah? You might. I still think she'll be a leader, but she'll be like, oh was she the Lunchbox again because you crushed it. But if I'm not here, Amy is the leader. I mean that's what I assume.
Speaker 5: When we walked up there, I was like, oh, Amy's gonna speak no, oh Lunchbox okay, oh really yeah.
Speaker 2: It was like that we'll do tomorrow. No more than because I'm almost play I do speaking to Lunchbox. Chase Beckham apparently has inspired Lunchbox to quit the lottery. Now, Chase Beckham, I Chase has Do you have a song? Ray of chases? Like a clip we could play. I knew Chase from back in American Idol. I mentored him for weeks and he didn't win in the show, which was crazy. Our second I think he won and he has a great song. Now that's called like if I was thirty, we'll play clip. But this is twenty three. Yeah that's what it is, twenty three play it. Yeah. So this is Lunchbox and you were talking about the lottery. Yeah, I asked me if he ever plays the lottery? Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: So speaking of a fiance, you know you had to propose, you know, get down on the knee, say oh you marry me, and you know you're kind of a musician now that has money. Did that mean the ring had to cost a lot more money? Because they say that the rule online is like it's like three months paycheck is what you're supposed to pay on the ring.
Speaker 2: I mean, God, did you live up to that? Chase? I mean, I can't get her a million dollar ring like that, you.
Speaker 3: Guys, breaking news, breaking news.
Speaker 2: Chase back up his rolling in the cash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, No, I mean this year I had a solo right number one, So that means no more lottery.
Speaker 2: I just need to write a song. And that's where the lottery. I don't know where this was going.
Speaker 3: Yes, because he said all you do is write a song and he got millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is solo, right then this is well, uh, he's a solo.
Speaker 1: That's being specific because he doesn't he didn't have to split it with another writer three ways.
Speaker 2: But that's what he said.
Speaker 3: He goes, I couldn't buy that big of a ring, and I'm like, I did not realize if you write a song you get that big of a check.
Speaker 2: I think for a number one, depending on the amount of weeks, it's probably like a million bucks. Like generally speaking, if it's taxes.
Speaker 3: Though, hold on, if it's number one for one week, you get a million dollars.
Speaker 2: It's not about the one week it's number one. It's about the many weeks it stays on the chart, climbing up, and then once it hits number one, it's being played so many times. I guess all that in. If you're like a top five, it's close to that, oh, top ten, little less because it takes a long time to climb up. You don't like that? What I will do? Let me ask one of my friends how much a number one is worth? Okay, hold on, if you I guess too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you wrote it and he's saying it, because then you're not sharing it.
Speaker 2: It's a different it's a different royalty. Cool completely, okay, hold on, So so we gets money for writing and royalty? Yeah? Well no, no, no, okay, nember for singing. I don't know. Hey, man, question and I'm not going to say it to you. That told me. But we're talking about a number one song. What is generally speaking, let's say it takes thirty five to forty weeks to be a number one. What is a number one song? All in? If it's a solo, right, what will that pay total? All right? Thinks I get an answer. I just thought it was interesting. I was like, man, so now you want to write a song. I'm like, why don't I just write a song? Then?
Speaker 3: That seems like a better option than the lottery?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah? Here is I love a good exercise. Today is November twenty first, so we'll have this month and then we'll have December and December obviously we'll be here for a few of the weeks we've gone for Christmas. When we come back, and that could be like January fifth, or sixth or se fourth, I don't know. Have that song for us. You have two months to write a song, one song, and if it's good, I'll get somebody good to record it.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, yeah, because that will make all the difference in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean he's not gonna sing it. Well, there's no chance. Yeah, you'll sing it in here. Yeah, but you can't if you write it with anybody, you lose money. Oh so I got to write a solo, that's what That's what you just said. Yeah, you know you kind of have to have a melody to like with it, don't you. Worry about me. Okay, so write it. I mean write a song, yeah, and then I could have Abby sing it. You wouldn't do that because you mean to have yeh, you're right, because I wanted to go number one.
Speaker 4: But if he sets himself up for his own jokes.
Speaker 2: If it's good, I can probably have somebody produce it that does number one song, probably get someone to sing it.
Speaker 4: So verse chorus, verse, like how long is already?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I would say it needs to at least be like two and a half minutes on the short side, all right, and no stairway to have it, No like thirteen minutes, no guitar solos. But you have to write it. I'll write it. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 4: This would be amazing message.
Speaker 2: I just got a message back here. Come on. I'd say a solo, right, he says, lots of variables, would be about half a million dollars a solo. Right. Lots of variables though, so it can be more, it can be less. This person has like forty number one songs that I'm messaged. That's only half a million. It's still worth it, that's worth it. But then Chase sang his two so he would get more money on money on top of that.
Speaker 4: Then Lunchbucks Lobby said, there's lots of variables.
Speaker 2: It could be higher, could be higher. You can sing it and.
Speaker 4: Then what if it stays at number one.
Speaker 2: For oh gosh, multiple weeks. No, it doesn't do that. Sometimes that doesn't do that.
Speaker 4: Hey it does.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's on like the Hot one hundred flights seventeen weeks in a row, number one.
Speaker 4: It's exactly right seventeen.
Speaker 2: So maybe I'll go Hot one hundred instead of country. It don't need to be country. But if it gets so big here, then that's like Morgan wall and songs. They're sober tree.
Speaker 4: He has the prose of her vibe. You have that energy.
Speaker 2: Nobody has more of her appeal than this guy. Yeah, I agree. So January, when we come back, have a song. Have the song, okay, and I'm assuming you're gonna sing at acapella? Yeah, would sing it? I mean a guitar player. I could write it then have a player play it with you. They just can't write it with you. Yeah, I don't hire someone, No, no, no, I'll do it for you, but you don't have to pay me. But you got to tell me how to avoid that I don't want to, yeah, cause there's gonna be fights. So if you want to get some lawsuits and stuff, no, no, no, they'll be fights.
Speaker 4: Just so shere at my daughter, she's been learning guitar.
Speaker 2: Don't subject heart of that interesting. You can find it if he wants to find a guitar player, I don't want a guitar player. Okay. So he's going to do an acapella. It's going to stand on its own. Okay, I love it. Do you know who doesn't have guitar players? Pentatonics? That's right, what they do it with all their mouth. That's what I was doing. Then someone else was spool.
Speaker 4: Are you going to help them with a theme or like a.
Speaker 2: Nope, because I don't know why would I be writing? Would be the creative process. I don't need help writing it. He doesn't need help. Cool, All right, Well, guys, good luck. He's got a couple more this. What if it is that I have changed his life?
Speaker 4: I mean, this could be that's what it could be.
Speaker 2: Amazing, Okay. And that is the end of the first half of the podcast. That is the end of the first half of the podcast. Theirs the podcast. That is the end of the first time of the podcast. You can go to the podcast to or you can wait till podcast to come out.