Speaker 1: That was frustrating, capital f other bedwords. Birdland is saying tonight as the Oils let it get away. They had a three run lead at Anaheim and a winning road trip at hand, and they could not close the deal. They lose today seven to six the Los Angeles Angels. So they come home with the off day Thursday, thirty eight and forty four.
Speaker 2: They're back to six under.
Speaker 1: Every time this team starts digging themselves out of a hole, they never finish it. And now we're past a halfway point, which you know that happened in Anaheim, and now you know games are you know there's less than eighty one to play. It's what I'm trying to say here after a frustrating day of orio baseball, guys, Let's start with the decision to take Trey Gibson out that frustrated me.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: I saw him through a great fourth inning throw ninety seven plus twice strikeout to batters sixty six pitches. The argument that the Beat media was saying on Twitter they needed to pitch some guys bullpen fully rested off day tomorrow makes sense to me. What doesn't make sense is this kid was dealing after he gave up a first inning homer, and maybe you know if you didn't wanthim to face the third time of the order. He's good enough to face the Yankees, he's good enough to face the Dodgers. He should have been, in my opinion, good enough to face the Angels up three after four innings today, but he didn't get the chance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's frustrating. I mean, there's there's no other way to describe that. Friday night hurt. Today hurt even worse. I feel like it was you felt like the game was in hand there, they were scoring some runs, and then the offense just kind of went silent, and I think, on top of taking Trey out and kind of maybe a questionable decision to trying to get fifteen outs out of your bullpen that needed to work, it's just not adding on. And I feel like that's been kind of a running theme, is is they get leads and they're just not able to add on and make it more comfortable of a game where maybe that decision wouldn't have come into play. But it's to me, it's just kind of after watching that fourth inning that might have been his best inning all year, and to take him out after that I don't know. I know the bullpen needs work. It's I think the bullpen back in April and May, when they were rolling good. I think it's maybe a different discussion. But as of late, it hasn't been as rock solid as it was earlier in the season.
Speaker 4: And it's it's tough to get fifteen outs.
Speaker 3: It's tough to ask five guys to go out there and get three outs.
Speaker 4: To finish that game. I know being part of bullpends.
Speaker 3: No matter how good a bullpen I've been a part of, you just know it takes one kind of missed link in the cog there and a loss goes away. And that's I mean, a win goes away. And that's kind of what happened today. It's just a very very frustrating loss to watch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it really was. And it's just one step four, one step back. I feel like I'm saying that every single episode. You know, you get that great series win against the Dodgers, you win Monday, Kyle Bradish was dominant in that game. You just needed one of these last two to have a winning road trip. And last night, Ryan Johnson, a guy that's been getting shelled and he no hit the Orioles. You know, through the first five innings or whatever of that ballgame, went six shutout innings, just faced two batters over the minimum. And then today, you know, Trey Gibson, we were talking about live, you know, doing the show on the fan today, and I had a feeling that there was definitely going to be a quick hook for Gibson if he did get in trouble. But kind of like what you guys were saying, that was a really strong inning, and Craig Albern has acknowledged as much in his postgame press or that he got better as the game went on. You know, had scuffled a little bit the first inning. I think he entered that game knowing that it was kind of a pseudo bullpen game because they really haven't pitched much over the past couple of days. Albert Suarez went three inning yesterday, Rico Garcia only threw one inning. But Brad, I think you bring up a good point, like just look at some of the guys that have pitched Wolfram Wells, they were fantastic and heck, even Helsley, I'll throw him in there. But Rico Garcia, he's hitting a bit of a wall here and that was inevitable, like he was on this magic carpet ride for so long that he was going to face some adversity. You ner Cano, he didn't have his command. He walked a couple guys, Keegan Aiken. I was probably the best we've seen him in a while. But yeah, then it gets back to the defensive blunders, which has been a season long theme, and it kind of settled a bit there for a while. But boy is rough and shoddy defense really reard tot ugly head in the past week or two.
Speaker 1: Yikes, let's talk about the ending one out to get ground ball. Why the first Peter Linzo makes one move to second, and that changed everything because now he couldn't get to the fir Aken is trying to get there, not knowing his Pete's going to get there, and it was a cluster and the ball was not caught.
Speaker 2: If, as Palmer said, if.
Speaker 1: He catches it, it would have been a really difficult play. But the game's over didn't catch it. So now the runner advanced the third Sammy tries to tag him, he went wide. I didn't hear anybody mention out a base line, and I guess that didn't factor here. He went wide to that tag and he could have thrown the first maybe gets and maybe he does. And all these are split second, game on the line decisions that all didn't work out today, at least two of them didn't at the end for the Orioles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's I mean that ground ball the second base.
Speaker 4: That game has to be over like that is as.
Speaker 3: Routine the big league play as it comes. And you know, play with Pete. He's been phenomenal at first base this year. Let me say that first.
Speaker 4: He's been unbelievable.
Speaker 3: I think he's been way better than anybody of the Orioles expected this season. To me when I played with him in New York, that was kind of a tendancy he had was to take a step or two towards second base. You knew that as a pitcher, so I think Keegan aken did get there in time. But when you see Pee coming at you, that's a big man coming at your first base, and I think that was a hesitancy to keep going because it did look like he might get there. And it's just that it I mean, it's just that game has to be over there. It's just frustrating, and it's, uh, you know, I kind of going back to Steve what you said about, you know, the beat writers calling for you know, guys that get in the game.
Speaker 4: To me, it's not spring training. These games count, they matter. You need work.
Speaker 3: There's a bullpen out there, you can throw one hundred pitches if you need work after the game. And that's what bothers me about the way baseball is kind of being played at this point, is that it's almost like it's a pseudo between Triple A and the major leagues, and it's we got to get these guys in because they need work, because we have today tomorrow. He's had four days off. There's always time after the game to do these things. And it's just when you see the pitcher go out there in the fourth inning and dominate like he did, there's no reason to have to throw five guys in the game today to get the win. And I know I'm kind of off topic, but it just kind of bothers me when I hear people talking about, like, well, the bullpen needs work.
Speaker 4: They've had a lot of rest.
Speaker 3: It's just the game, Like when the game starts, that stuff goes out the window and you have to get the win. And to me, it was just a tough strategy to go about that game today, to try to get that win in to salvage this road trip, which was so promising on Monday. Like you said, Kyle Brad is dominated. And unfortunately though the plays at the end of the game too, is kind of added to the frustration because we've seen those types of play all year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't buy that argument either.
Speaker 1: You asked the bullpen today to cover fifteen outs wound up being more because we went to the ten.
Speaker 2: They needed fifteen outs of work. They couldn't get it done with seven.
Speaker 1: Or eight or nine, because each time you turn to a new guy, he may not have it. And so I just today was if this was about analytics or third time through or all these decisions that are prevalent in baseball today, sometimes you got to look at your picture and what is he doing? And like you mentioned Tim, they needed work. If he had given up runs in the fourth, maybe I'm more open to what happened. But he gave up runs in the first, and then he pitched three scoreless, and then he's throwing ninety seven and then he's striking guys out and then he's.
Speaker 2: Out of the game.
Speaker 1: It doesn't add up this If this was analytics, then analytics today when oh And won for the Orioles. I mean, it's just, you know, why not just leave the kid in the game who's throwing ninety seven and striking guys out. He's your best pitching prospect. You started him at Yankee Stadium. He was good enough to do that. You started him in Dodgers Stadium, he was good enough to do that. Why is he not good enough at sixty six pitches to take the mound in the fifth against the last place Angels leading by three runs. That's as calmly as I can say that.
Speaker 5: Well, and Brad I think makes a great point, Like, guys, we're past the halfway point at this point, and the Orioles heading into today, they're five games below five hundred. Despite that, you're still two games out of the Wild Cards, so you have to do everything in your power to win games, and style points are out the window, you know, getting guys in to get this type of work, because each of these guys that you throw in bullpen wise, which what they threw seven guys. I believe the variance continues to add up because I think Brad or Steve, one of you guys said it not everyone's gonna have it today, and they didn't. You know, we went through it. Cano wasn't sharp. Kitchridge, it's been a little rough for him. Rico Garcia it's been rough for him of late. Like each one that you add, you're adding more of a probability going to the analytics of that guy's not gonna have it, you know. So if you can prolong that and have Trey Gibson get an extra out two, three, four, then that brings that probability down. You're gonna have to use one or two less bullpen arms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the other thing to consider here is at the back end of that, you had Helsley, who threw a really good inning, but he's coming off an arm issue. You didn't want to pitch him a second inning, so you got to remember that, I don't have him for thirty pitches today. I got him for fifteen, which is when he threw sixteen I think, and he was really good, but because they use so many guys to get to him, he didn't really have a late inning back up there.
Speaker 2: And then Aiken did enough to win it, and they didn't.
Speaker 1: Win it, so frustration in Birdland today Man times ten. It just was is a tough day for fans to team everyone connected with the Orioles to see that one get away and not have a winning road trip. We got more to do. We talk about some happier things here. Stay with us on at Birdland Territory.
Speaker 2: Time out for.
Speaker 1: Daily Dingers, presented by a fan dol And you know, guy had to home run. Say this young man, Samuel Basio, turns out he's pretty good at twenty one today, hit that first ball four thirty four. Guy hadn't given up a homeer on a split all year, and he hits one halfway to La impressive man. So he's going to be a good pick for Daily Bingers and fans of that, I think anytime, because he can hit one out of any ballpark against any pitcher. So that was a special game for him today. It's too bad at then resulting the win, but it's got to do a lot for his confidence.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely. I mean those were two amazing swings that he took.
Speaker 3: It it's clear, I think the sky reporters out if you leave anything out over the plate, it doesn't matter if you have zerox or base hits given up on that pitch. Samy can hit it a long way, and I think it's kind of it's out there now that if you make a mistake out over the plate, he's gonna make you pay in a big way. And I mean that first ball was absolutely hammered. It was absolutely no doubter. And then the next one hit a line drive that, as Jim Palmer said, it was going to go through the wall out there in right field. So God, I think he was a big factor in all five of those runs. I think it was all five RBIs or if not five, it was four, and just got him on the board there early, and it was looking like I thought he was gonna have a three or four home run game the way he was swinging the bat, and he took a couple of really good swings his third at that two that I feel like he just missed a couple of those pitches. But it just goes to show that the talent this kid has. I mean, it's still twenty one years old and he's doing everything. He caught a great game. He took a bunch of balls off his mask and off the chest protector, stayed out there and you know, that last play. It was one of those last second decision plays and you can't second guess when he goes out there to make that play.
Speaker 4: He thought his best shot was to get.
Speaker 3: The runner, and unfortunately he was too far out of range to tag him there. But he's been doing a phenomenal job on both sides of the plate and really showing some of his toughness through He had.
Speaker 4: A lot of foul balls off of himself that I.
Speaker 3: Stayed in the game and there's really nowhere else to go. He was standing in there the whole.
Speaker 5: Nine well, he had the one moment where the ball went off his head and he's waving like, don't come out here. No, I'm good, I'm good. I'm staying in this ball game and talking defensively Brad Trevor Rodgers over the weekend Saturday, after the game, he was really singing Samuel Besillo's praises after he just threw seven shutout innings one hit ball against the Dodgers, and he credited the twenty one year old. But he's doing a ton of damage to fastballs. He's doing a ton of damage to off speed pitches, and I do want to make mention that Steve did hit his daily dinger last time out with Taylor Wards, so I say, hey, you know, yeah, trying to start the street.
Speaker 1: Well, Fasio hits one, I'm not gonna take any credit because he's gonna hit a lot of and so you know, just keep predicting every night you're gonna run into it. That's like he's going to run into it. But really impressed with this kid's handling the challenges of the last few weeks. And it seems like the manager's working hard to repair if that's the word anything that was needed here. Yet whenever you see him in the dugout, they're laughing, they're talking all the time. And I said Tim on the show, I think if the kid struggles for the next three weeks, we're all going to point back to that. But I don't think he's going to and I don't think he is. So he's not tearing it up like he was until today. But he's going to be fine. And what a nice player to have under contract for about eight more years.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, having him at twenty one, get him all the way through is twenty nine and thirty season. That's the hope. I mean, that's kind of when you have the Orioles and you don't have the biggest budget. These are the guys you got to hit on. And it just seems like he's going to be that kind of player for it in the mainstay for a while now, and he's showing it at a young age.
Speaker 4: And we've even.
Speaker 3: Seen it just in the first three months, how much he's matureered on both sides of the ball. Everybody who's going to hit, and like Steve, you talked about the Orioles, were sure this kid could catch, and he's proven that. He's showing that he can handle his staff. He's getting praises from his pitcher, which is that's what you want to hear on the defensive side of things. And he's got an absolute cannon. So he's a big guy, big target behind the plate. He keeps all the balls in front of him and he throws base runners out. What else more could you ask for?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 1: And he flashes that smile that lights up the room. I've seen that since I started interviewing when he was in a ball So thrilled to see Samuel Bissio had the game he had today. First of a few birdland, He's going to hit a few two humbre games over his oil career. Just happened to be number one. Happened today? Hey, Head on over tofanduel dot com Slash podcast to opt in for daily Dingers and make your free pick on who's hitting a homer? Playball and swing for the Fences on FanDuel and official partner of Major League Baseball.
Speaker 6: No purchase necessary, opt in required. Bonus issue does non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager amount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com gambling problem caller tax one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 2: So, guys, how do they bounce back this time?
Speaker 1: Is this bounced back number twenty or twenty five of the year we've called for and they've had to do. I mean, I thought they were gonna get rolled after Friday night at Dodger Stadium. That was such a brutal, bitter loss. I thought, oh man, how they beat the Dodgers after this? And then they did. They gotta do it again. At least they got an off day every group and they're coming home. But I'll tell you, we have heard some blue birds this year at the yard and if this team doesn't come out playing with fire and passion from the get on Friday Night with their neighbors from the Natch, if the Nats come into Baltimore and make them look bad, there are going to be some startup fans at Oriel Park.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's you know, kind of referencing Mark Trumble the other day when he was on our show. It's just kind of it's go time there. I mean, it's it's the middle of June. This is this is absolute go time. This is you have to put the best line up out there every day that you think can win games, because it's gonna get to end of July and you're gonna be so far out of it it's not gonna matter. So it's just to me, it's just the sense of urgency needs to be ticked up just a little bit. Like you're saying, Steve, I think Friday, they just got to come out on fire. Baseball is not that kind of sport. But it's at a tricky stage here from now to the All Star break where it's the season like it's gonna be made or broke in these next couple of weeks, and it's I know, we said this a few times on the show. I'd say over the last month, but I mean it's they push themselves into the corner. There's nowhere to go except to fight their way out of this and to show some emurgency and show some fire and just go out there and just play their best brand of baseball. Because if you go into the All Star Break ten games under five hundred, where's the season going to go? I mean we're gonna be having episodes on here, who's gonna be getting traded, who's gonna be getting sent here and there? And that's not what the fans want, that's not what we want, that's not what this team wants, nor that's what nobody deserves.
Speaker 4: So it's just kind of got to just put the throttle to.
Speaker 3: The floor right now and just go out there and just put your best foot out there every single night and play the best bit brand of baseball you possibly can.
Speaker 5: And if we're just looking in this immediacy of these next two series, where obviously heading into the year, everyone thought that the Orioles would be contenders. Vegas thought Theos would be contenders. And you look at a series against the Nats, you look at a series against the White Sox and you're thinking back in March, Hey, these are layups, but they're not. You know, baseball has been crazy, and the Nats have been an upstart team this year, basically in this same stretch since May twenty second. The National starting pitching has been the best in baseball. Their bullpen's been an issue, and we saw that the other night against the Phillies. But we know that that lineup can mash and it's going to be fun to see this Orioles starting lineup and the bullpen going against that team. But also the White Sox. Guys, a couple of years ago they were the worst team in the history of baseball, and now they're leading to Al Central. So it's pretty unbelievable what both of those clubs have done. And now obviously Captain obvious calling that both of these series mean a ton to the Orioles. He got to find ways to stack series wins. Guys. They got to get the four straight wins. They got to get the four straight wins. At some point they've they've won three straight games six times, and then each.
Speaker 7: Time that they've fallen, and I go back to last night's game, guys, and these these games aren't playing on paper, but you're you're thinking, Wow, Ryan Johnson, you have a good matchup and Shane Bose he's been really rolling.
Speaker 5: Then all right, we're gonna break through at this point. But the offense was silent. They have to find ways to stack wins, stack series wins, and especially coming back home to Camden Yards.
Speaker 1: I want to get back to Trey Gibson for a second, because I'm an onabashed Trey Gibson Homer. I think fans know that Steve loves his prospects, he loves his young players, and I got to know this kid so well last year on the farm, and I was so impressed by him as a person and a pitcher that I felt this might be one who actually has success at the big league level. I think we might be seeing the early sign of that. To me, it's a trite phrase to say, but I'll say it. I think he came of age a little bit on this road trip, two different tough situations. You know, he did some things we haven't seen him do really to this point. We didn't see him for ninety seven and today did it and what turned out to be his last inning, we haven't seen him unleashed the death ball with such quality as he did in Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: Here's my worry.
Speaker 1: Just as he's coming into his own Dean Kramer is about to come back and somebody has to go. If you're the Orioles of three years ago, the rebuilding Orioles might have said, we need to let a young kid just pitch and grow. The Oriols who need to win every night, might say we can't keep him here now. But then again, he's not a bad option to keep here now. Someone mentioned to me today, six man, maybe they consider doing it for a few weeks or the break or something to see how that would look and not take a kid who's getting better and send him back.
Speaker 5: Well, Steven, I think there's multiple layers to that. Where Kevin Brown brought this up on the broadcast Monday when Bradish was pitching. Kyle Bradish this year has thrown more innings than he's thrown the last two years combined, and there was talks prior to the year. Kyle Bradish openly acknowledged during spring training and innings restriction and what is that number? How do they handle that? The All Star breaks coming in a couple of weeks. That's always a built in spot for teams in the past. I think they're going to a six man. I am very confident at some point they're going to a six man, in part because of Kyle Bradish, but maybe in part Brad because of Trey Gibson too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's just kind of it's almost an unfortunate time right now to start looking at his innings, and you have to. It's just the nature of baseball today. But man, is he rolling Kyle Bradish. It's just it would stink to get him out there once every six days when we're trying to win games, because right now it's I mean, I put him up there with most pictures in the big leagues. His last two starts have just been unbelievable. But yeah, I think a six man makes sense. And honestly, I was thinking when you Steven, you just said that that last inning that was a reliever inning. To me, I mean, Trey, that was ninety seven ninety eight, that was electric stuff and the bullpen that could use a big arm. Right now, I know he's never really done it, but it's I just feel like you want him to learn at the big league. Love and I think he's gone past that point of going back down to Triple A to get work and continue to progress down there. There's a certain point where certain pictures I think you just need to have them in the big leagues, whether that's in the rotation or in the bullpen. To me, Trey Gibson has proven himself over these starts that he's had. It's there's something that could be special there, and I just would hate to lose that down on Triple A and kind of have him bounce him back and forth and feel like you're part of the team but not really on the team. And it's just kind of a weird spot to be when you're in that sixth man and kind of on the fringe of the roster thing. And I just think he has a lot of confidence.
Speaker 4: He's shown some.
Speaker 3: Big time I'm cahonis, there's no other way to say. I mean, doctor Stateium basically nobody out. He gets out of that with no runs. And then today I think he had another big time visit with Frenchy when he came out and was kind of like, hey, you got to kind of nut up right here, and he did and went out and was got the next guys out and went one, two, three, and it's just there's something there that I agree with you, Steve, that I think that needs to be at the big league level in some capacity.
Speaker 1: Let's keep talking about a six man rotation because we've got some thoughts on that.
Speaker 2: We'll do that in a moment here on Birdland Territory.
Speaker 8: You know why you're enjoying this minute because we're happy crats. We're happy because we're wearing Mac Weldon.
Speaker 9: Yes, I'm six foot five and nobody can give me tall clothing, but mack Weldon allows me to have it, so I don't really have to care about how I look, and I still look good. Because I don't put a lot of time into what I do to pick out my clothes, Mac Weldon takes care.
Speaker 2: Of it for me.
Speaker 8: Classic always in style, made from the world's most comfortable performance materials. You get sweaty, don't let unnecessary sweat spots emerge. Mack Weldon's air Knit X fabric helps you out. Their lightest fabric is fused with nylon mesh for maximum airflow skip the midday wardrobe changes. The barely there feel also keeps you feeling more dry and fresh. Don't sweat the heat this summer. Feel as effortlessly.
Speaker 2: Cool as you look.
Speaker 8: With Mack Weldon, go to Mackweldon dot com and get twenty percent off your first order of one hundred and twenty five bucks or more with promo code foul. That's m A C K W E L d O N dot com code foul.
Speaker 1: I think you guys talked me into the six man there, or I like also what Brad just said. Trey Gibson stays on the roster even if he's not getting the ball, and he gets the ball on relief and we see what he can do there.
Speaker 2: But the six man could work.
Speaker 1: Keeps Trey there, limits Bradish, maybe a six man and the off day he pitches once a week for a couple of weeks. Then you push him on the back end of the break. You just try to without taking them out of the rotation or skipping them.
Speaker 2: You help this alone.
Speaker 1: And that might be the way they do it here, and maybe with the all star break in just a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: It's a let's look.
Speaker 1: At it and then we'll reevaluate over the break what we're doing here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that it makes sense. I wasn't thinking about six man. I knew Dean was on rehab assignment along with Kate Povid, so you knew something was going on, and I didn't put all this together, but it really does kind of make sense if you, I mean, you have to limit Bratish at some point. It's going to happen, whether it's now, whether it's September, there's going to be a limit somewhere. So if I think if Tray could slide in there and kind of give, like you said, Steve, maybe once a week to Brash, maybe once every ten days, just to kind of limit that the inning's getting too far up there, it seems like a viable option at this point.
Speaker 5: It seems like, and this is not confirmed or anything, I'm speculating, it seems seems like Dean and Kate Povich will be back before the All Star break. Dean Kramer, he just had his first rehab as Sigmon and it's been a while since he's been out, but he's for sixty six pitches in his first outing, so that that's a decent load right there. So maybe two three more starts and then he could be up with the Orioles. Kate I think was in the mid forties if I remember. And look, let's discredit Kate Povich either, because Kate Povich at the beginning of the year, I know it was probably only a handful of outings, but he was an effective arm for them, and especially a left handed arm. And Chris Bassett he seems you know that that return is not imminent. He hasn't even begin unthrowing yet. But look, I hate speculating about roster spots because it's tough, but I think Albert Suarez has been in a tough spot. Guys where he pitched what yesterday and he was great, He was awesome. Three innings, he had thirty pitches. He was awesome. But that was this his first time he pitched in ten days. And with how they've sort of used him, he's kind of been the wear it guy, right, like when there's been blow up starts. The last time he pitched was when Gibson struggled against the Padres. He came in eight four innings, saved the bullpen. Like that's been his spot, and I don't even know how fair that is for him, you know, just pitching that infrequently. Look, he's on the Major League roster and that's what he wants. But I don't know. I think that there is certainly a way to make a six man rotation work, and I am very convinced we will see it at some point.
Speaker 1: I think we're making good arguments for it. We'll have to see if the Orioles agree with our arguments here when they tell us what they're going to do with these guys and how they're going to try to get them all in and get them off some rest too. A couple more minutes to go and a few more thoughts to pass your way on Birdland Territory.
Speaker 10: Big Bed Morning Show, Finny and Haiti, Inside Access Live on YouTube weekdays six till six, Search Baltimore one O five seven the Fan, Subscribe for daily Short's right to your phone and never miss which you missed one five seven the Fan.
Speaker 2: All Right, So a couple of notes here.
Speaker 1: This would have been the first winning road trip of the year if they got it. They didn't four and five. They had a couple five hundred road trips three and three to Pittsburgh and the White Sox and then later to Boston and Toronto. So chance for winning road trip didn't get it. Pitchers for the Oriols this weekend home against the Nationals. Trevor Rodgers Friday, Brandon Young Saturday, Kyle bradish On Sunday. That's a pretty good trio there to see if the O's can beat the Nationals. And once again they got to get off the mat.
Speaker 2: No other way to put it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think that team you said it before, it's Mel said at the end of the broadcast today. They're one of three teams who haven't had a winning streak of more than four games, and it's just hard to make up ground and the standings when you can't you can't stream together at least four games in a season, it just means you have to win so many series in a row, you have to have so many stretches of going ten and five to just get back to five hundred at this point, they'd have to go twelve and six or something like that. It's just if you can't stream together those which I feel like it just it's not making sense because I feel like they've had the starting pitching, they've had the offense. It's just obviously not going together at the same time. And it's just it's been frustrated I don't know. It's just been a weird season at this point. I feel like we've talked about it at nauseum that it's just kind of what you think is going to happen doesn't happen. And I would just love to see this roster, with the amount of talent and the starting pitching going right now, to just put a street together.
Speaker 5: Well, it's crazy, Steve, I didn't realize they haven't had a winning road trip yet. I guess it is believable when you look at the record, but you think of these last two road trips. So today and brought it up earlier, you win one of these last two games against the Angels, you finished with a five and four road trip. Look at their last road trip, guys, it was Boston and Toronto and it was six games. They started three and one. You just had to win one of those final two games. And remember who were on the bump. It was Bradish and then it was Shane Bose and that was the Ernie Clement situation running outside the base paths. So you needed to win one of those two games to have a winning record, and you lost both of them. It's very similar. It's very similar with this team, and at some point you're gonna have to go on a run to get to October. That that's the only way. Like you're gonna have to win four games at the point. At some point you're gonna have to win some of these road trips. At some point you have to find a way. It's go time, like Trumpo's going back the Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yep, most definitely. And you know you got the All Star break. You have to trade deadline things are coming fast. Decisions you're gonna have to be made. They don't have eighty games. They got about twenty games to figure out if this season's gonna go where they want to go, or at least have a chance thanks to and I'll give this final stat last ten games, oh starters ther two nine seven. They're really pitching well lately, and so they don't need six runs every night. But they have to put some things together. And obviously at the end of the road trip today they did not three errors seven walks as they lose the final game to the Angels and head home after Thursday's off day, ending in on a sour note. But what can we do, you guys? We can only talk about what we see happen on the field. Hopefully it'll be a little more show with more successful things to talk about when we meet you next time.
Speaker 2: But thanks for watching today. Please subscribe and
Speaker 1: Follow us on YouTube and podcast networks, and thanks for watching Birdland Territory being