Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty and no Hee Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Forty three pounds of fentanyl was seized at the northern border last year, a fraction of the twenty thousand pounds seized at the southern border.
Speaker 2: This is not a trade war. This is a drug war.
Speaker 3: The tariffs on Mexico and Canada are just paused in a month. If they are imposed, Democrats warn prices could go up.
Speaker 4: It's going to affect beer. Okay, it's going to affect your glock.
Speaker 3: The President's team argues that's not as important as stopping fentanyl components.
Speaker 5: Anybody who's talking about inflation right now is dishonoring, dishonoring the men and women and children who have died at the hands of China's Mexican Canadian fentanyl coming across our borders.
Speaker 6: Now, I heard that and I thought, I don't know if that's gonna work, coming out of an election that was all about Inflation's killing me.
Speaker 2: Inflation's killing me.
Speaker 6: People are complaining about Inflationmen are dishonoring people who died because how about you?
Speaker 7: How about Chuck Schumer shuts up? And I think that was Peter Navarro. I tone it down a little, Peter, I hate populism. Is so dumb.
Speaker 6: Chuck Schumer standing there, he actually had a beer in his hand.
Speaker 2: This is gonna affect your beer.
Speaker 6: And then he held up on avocado and your guacamole, your guawk.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh god, how dumb down do we have to get? Where?
Speaker 7: You have?
Speaker 2: Very basic?
Speaker 6: I have an avocado in my hand to make it perfectly, go ah, is this how dumb the conversation is gonna get?
Speaker 2: Apparently?
Speaker 7: Am I a third grader in this scenario? No, you can say this, official aids.
Speaker 6: So yesterday we were talking about being tariff Tuesday today for Mexico, Canada, and China. Well, as you probably know, an agreement was made with Mexico and Canada. So both of those got postponed for a month and some concessions, and you either think they're enough or they don't.
Speaker 2: But not China.
Speaker 6: And as Joe keeps pointing out very clearly, China is a completely different category. It's not apples and oranges, it's apples and semiconductors. But so that ten percent tariff is still on for China as of midnight. Last night is going to happen, and China strikes back overnight at Trump tariffs with levees on US imports. The Washington Post headline being the world's two largest economies did not cut a deal to avert sweeping US tariffs, which came into effect after midnight. Beijing immediately retaliated, including fifteen percent tariffs on US coal and liquefied gas and a slew of new export restrictions and anti trust investigation into Google. According to the Chinese government, we'll see how this all plays out. Ten percent levees on crude agricultural machinery, some vehicles. This is all part of an ongoing negotiation. Who knows where we're going to become February tenth, or a year from now for that matter.
Speaker 7: Well in China employs all sorts of nefarious tactics to screw with our companies too, to get leverage. I mean, they announced a probe into Google and also labeled PVHS, the parent company of Tommy Hillfigure and Calvin Klein, to a list of unreliable entities that they have their eye on.
Speaker 6: I believe I'm wearing some of those unreliable underwear right now. Keeping in mind, I don't think this can be said enough. A lot of this sort of talk about Trump's China tariffs, that kind of talk was being heard first term, and then Biden came into office and kept the tariffs.
Speaker 7: Sure, yeah, the relationship of China. Maybe it would help to come up with a human metaphor that people could understand.
Speaker 2: But I was trying to come up with it. I mean, Canada is like.
Speaker 7: Our good buddy in our next door neighbor and we had a little argument over who ought to pay for the fence because the tree fell on it, and we can settle that and we're still friends. But China, we were in business with them, then they defrauded us and broke the contract and we've been in court now for three years and we've still got to execute some of the contract.
Speaker 2: But we are mortal enemies.
Speaker 7: I mean, that is the situation with yam And and it's it's going to be or you know, maybe an unhappy marriage or whatever, you know, human example you want to use, the disillusion of it is going to be very difficult. We cannot extricate ourselves from decades of thinking China was going to be our buddy without pain. Yeah, I was watching the.
Speaker 6: Couple weeks in a row, sixty minutes has had stories on this, the decoupling. There will be a time in a few years where it's going to seem crazy that the iPhone was ever made in China.
Speaker 2: It's going to see how did that happen?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well it was naivete on our part and and and some brutal cleverness on theirs. We got played. We got played badly. I thought this was super interesting. The Journal had a story written about manufacturing towns that were hit by the China Shock. That's when we really threw our trade open with China, the idea being well so backward.
Speaker 2: Yes, there, their labor costs.
Speaker 7: Are lower, and they'll probably you know, lower the price of goods in America and everybody will win.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 7: As a couple of scientists, economists from M I, T In, a couple of other big schools it doesn't matter, are studying this and writing about it now. Their new research offers an unprecedented look at how the China Shock rippled through the US, hitting manufacturing communities in the Southeast and parts and the Midwest particularly hard. And it shows a remarkable chair in the years leading up to the pandemic. Many of the places that were hit came back, but the people who got hit did not, which we'll get into in a second or two. But and you probably remember this depending on where you live in the world, but the shock to the system for from extra cheap Chinese imports because their wages are so crazy low, was way bigger than anybody anticipated, probably could have, but we didn't. It didn't work out the way that we thought. We thought it'd be more like Japan's rise. China was huge, its labor costs were extremely low, and its surgeon imports took place over a couple of years rather than decades. US manufacturing towns just could not compete. And they go into how hard these towns were hurt. High unemployment, lower wages, food stamps, disability.
Speaker 2: That's got to be brutal. It's funny.
Speaker 6: I was thinking about this yesterday when I was going through all the Star about Elon trying to cut the government, Trump trying to cut the government, and the left going crazy. Just the idea that any government were work or whatever lose their jobs seems like a horror to them. And I was thinking about I read this book one time about Bethel, Pennsylvania in the seventies when the whole thing hit with the steel mills in that these towns that everybody worked for the steel mill and or various places with coal, same thing. I mean, that's just the only that, that's the whole thing. That was just the whole everybody. You and your uncle and your wife and your kids were gonna work there and everybody. And when that goes away, how devastating that is.
Speaker 2: And it's brutal.
Speaker 6: It's absolutely brutal. It happens all the time with different industries. Never happens with government. And if you even like a sliver of.
Speaker 7: That, people scream an owl like it's awful, right right, Like it's immoral to even discuss. So it's I think it's worth running down this list with a little more deliberate pace. So these communities experienced higher on HIM deployment, UH, lower wages, higher use of food stamps, higher disability payments, higher rates of single parenthood and child poverty, and elevated mortality.
Speaker 2: You know, someday I'd love to talk to.
Speaker 7: Somebody really learn it about the phenomenon whereby if men cannot be breadwinners, they tend not to couple or couple permanently, and women who still desperately want children because it is part of their DNA will go ahead and have them anyway.
Speaker 2: Anyway, you have children because there's nothing else to do.
Speaker 6: Oh boy, So you live somewhere where there's nothing else going on, that's why you have children.
Speaker 2: If you live someplace cool, you do other cool stuff.
Speaker 7: I actually, from yesterday's Hot Links, there's a list of fifty life hacks or something like that from some source, and one of them was don't have children because that'll save on your expenses and give you more free time.
Speaker 2: That's true. That is true.
Speaker 7: You're making the assumption that that's my goal, right. I just it was so befuddling. I didn't even know what's to say.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that's funny, Yeah, it is funny. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Don't have a job that'll free up your time as well. So the economist found, Michael, do we have a commercial here?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry? Did you tell us that simply safe visitor? No?
Speaker 7: Nothing, okay, great, maybe later the good folks, it's simply safe, always with a helpful word to keep your home safe. Anyway, stay tuned for that commercial anyway. Don't know kids, it'll give you more free time and be cheaper. What what I thought about that?
Speaker 2: Let me get out of pencil paper three times. You're right, it would be cheaper. Don't have kids. I guess I won't have kids.
Speaker 7: Look, I'm no al een stain over here do anything, but I swear I wish because because I know I can feel you good people are feeling that same weird, oh my god pain that I was when I came across that. You know how they label video games, you know e or or whatever. The ratings are M for mature. They got to do that for like news articles, and they got to have an as for stupid.
Speaker 2: This is for stupid people.
Speaker 7: And like I say, I'm no Alienstein, but I don't need to read somebody saying, you know, you could not have children because that would give you more free time.
Speaker 2: I mean that again.
Speaker 7: It hits me like a punch hearing something that's stupid and lacking an insight.
Speaker 8: Ugh.
Speaker 7: So the economists getting back to this found that starting in the twenty tens, most of the affected economies came roaring back, including the counties surrounding, for instance, Hickory, North Carolina, which we know very well having lived in Charlotte for a number of years, and Dalton, Georgia. But the recoveries did not come about as the result of a manufacturing revival. Instead, they were driven by expansions in healthcare for instance, education, retail, and restaurants, and the manufacturing employees hung on to their jobs as many as they could for as long as they could, but their jobs got worse and their pay got lower. Largely US born, white and black men without any college education, and they.
Speaker 2: Did not participate in the recoveries.
Speaker 7: The new data showed that while some of these workers lost their jobs and struggled to ever find work again, the bulk of them remained unemployed until retirement. But as they aged out, they weren't replaced and their earning earning stagnated.
Speaker 2: What does that mean, You stayed unemployed until retirement. Uh no, they stayed employed.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 7: If I said unemployed, I apologize. But they hung on at lower wages with no opportunity for advancement, and just kind of saw their lives dead end a bit. And different people came in, primarily more heavily women immigrants from asia other people filling service jobs were US born Hispanics, many of them college educated women, and the working class non college white and black men, even of the next generation, just tended to be on disability or not worth they didn't move. That was one of the interesting aspects of this big paper was that there is a class of Americans. And this was one of the most amazing parts of JD. Vans's brilliant hillbilly elogy to me was that there is a certain class of Americans who consider it like wrong or unfair or out of the question that they would move and go to where their sort of job exists.
Speaker 2: They just won't do it. Yeah, I get that, but sometimes there's no choice.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I guess I don't get it exactly, having moved a bunch for jobs.
Speaker 2: But well, I look hard. It's really hard.
Speaker 6: I look at people around me, though, who have got aunts, uncles, grandma's, grandpa's helping with the childcare and picking up kids from school and dropping them off here and getting together on Sundays after church. It looks freaking awesome. And I don't have that because I moved around a lot.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I mean, clearly the argument, but he would argue with it is that if you can end up on disability as a opioid addict unemployable right now, you're better off moving but easy as.
Speaker 2: Hard as well.
Speaker 6: One of your Grammy winners gave a speech about something that got a bunch of attention the other night about how difficult it is without healthcare out there or something I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, they did.
Speaker 7: That's yes, and we will play that sort of right. That's wow, great, I can't it sounds compelling. Plus, the transgender actor is Sir from the transgender Mob Boss movie has been disowned canceled by the left.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I want to hear that. I love that. Lots on the way stare.
Speaker 8: President Trump's making Congress every single day. Our numbers already remember she wasn't too long. But we're dial with ten eleven thousand entries to day yesterday, five hundred and twenty four and not one of them, not a single one was released. They're either returned or detained seeking prosecution.
Speaker 7: Hallelujah. Wow, love it. Policy matters, elections matter. I don't want to get you saw the four years under Kamala.
Speaker 6: Funny you just said that, I don't want to get off track, But I was just thinking as watching the news was all on one TV. It was about border and everything that's going on. When it was about tariffs, none of that'd be happening if Kamala Harris would What would be in the news if Kamala Harris had been elected were a month and now three weeks in whatever it is, what would be going on? I don't even know. Probably status quo, which would be borders out of control. Nobody's obviously trying to cut the government or arrest illegals, so I don't I suppose we'd just be talking about the Grammys or something, because nothing they were going to keep on keeping on.
Speaker 7: Every unit in the military had to have at least three transgender people under a new executive order.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you have to be transgender to get the general Star. Wow.
Speaker 6: Wow, that's what would happened in Gobbelo Harris's world.
Speaker 7: Or can prove you've dated a transgender person? Uh So, I thought this was so interesting. I really like looking at other cultures and political systems just because it's interesting to me and also to see how they're dealing with various problems. And Germany has been really really interesting lately, specifically as the far right party. I mean, you dared not admit in polite company that you were a member of that party, the AfD, they were the only party willing to speak frankly about immigration in Germany.
Speaker 2: Everybody else was too polite.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't want to come off as a racist, and it's a it's good for the economy, and there's no human being that's illegal, and the rest of it is very, very similar, like social pressure on anybody saying, for instance, my town looks like it's a town in Egypt now, and only the AfD would say it. And they've attracted a hell of a lot of support. And now the right wing is becoming more of the center right now. Whether they're going to have to shed some of the real right wingy beliefs, you know, we'll have to see.
Speaker 2: But here is a.
Speaker 7: Heavily tattooed fifty eight year old working class guy who says, there are places here. It's not Germany anymore, it's not even Europe, it's the Middle East or Africa. I haven't read the AfD's economic program and I don't care. I'll still vote for them because of immigration, and they are growing like crazy for the same reasons Americans are saying the things they're saying about their towns and their cities. And the German people were shutting up for the same reason a lot of Americans were, because they were shamed into it by the elite who were making money hand over fist through globalization.
Speaker 6: By the way, we have some breaking news we ought to jam in. The committee voted on RFK Junior. The vote is in just now, fourteen thirteen.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 6: Move on to the full Senate vote fourteen thirteen. That's pretty close a squeaker by a vote RFK Junior. The full Senate will vote on whether or not he's gonna run.
Speaker 7: Things are strong and getty.
Speaker 9: I told myself, if I ever won a Grammy and I got to stand up here in front of the most powerful people in music, I would demand that labels and the industry profiting millions of dollars off of artists, would offer a livable wage in healthcare, especially to developing artists.
Speaker 7: Okay, who is that is the charming and talented Chapel roan at the Grammy's explaining how if one is going to become a professional musician, somebody, I guess the record labels ought to offer you a living wage and healthcare as you attempt to make hit records or not, which is an interesting way to look at the industry or the world, or the society or how okay, So an aspiring artist, So.
Speaker 6: I'm going to decide today, I think I want to be a country singer.
Speaker 2: I am now.
Speaker 6: I am now an aspiring artist. Are you going to offer me healthcare and a living wage so I can continue to work on my mediocre songwriting if.
Speaker 7: They quote unquote hire you. Yeah, I just I don't know. She's a She's a silly young woman who has no idea how the world works. You're right, You're right about that. And I had a lot of dumb ideas when I was her. How old is she?
Speaker 2: She's twenty something.
Speaker 6: I had a lot of dumb ideas when I was young, too. But I'm reading through this Reddit thread that a friend of the Armstrong and go Getty show hit me to fed News, and it's all these federal workers. It's a very similar sort of thing. All these Fed workers just beside themselves at Trump and mostly focusing on Elon Musk, are trying to take away their livelihoods and fire people and how they need to stand up and fight back, and they want us to go back into the office, and there's no way I'm going to do that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I like working remotely. Yeah, well so did a.
Speaker 6: Lot of the people around here until they were told two days ago they got to come in more often.
Speaker 2: And you don't have a choice.
Speaker 6: How if you're whether a musician or a federal worker, how do you not understand the way the real world works?
Speaker 2: Do not have such a divorce from reality.
Speaker 6: Do you not have any friends that got fired out of nowhere or their industry just disappeared overnight because it's no longer needed, and now you got to learn an entirely new skill, do something completely different.
Speaker 2: You don't know anybody like that.
Speaker 7: Here's more from Chapel Roan, who's definitely coming at life from the same perspective as.
Speaker 2: Nancy Flosi, who has no beliefs.
Speaker 7: I mean, I believe I'll invest in that company that's about to get a giant subsidy.
Speaker 2: That's the only belief she has.
Speaker 7: But you remember that hilarious speech about Obamacare where this way someone can become a musician or a poet and not have to.
Speaker 2: Worry about healthcare. I was like, Oh, what did it?
Speaker 8: Were?
Speaker 7: So a chapel's cut from that same cloth nex clip Michael fourteen.
Speaker 9: Because I got signed so young. I got signed as a miner, and when I got dropped, I had zero job experienced under my belt, and like most people, I had a difficult time finding a job in the pandemic and could not afford health insurance. It was so devastating to feel so committed to my art and feel so betrayed by the system and so dehumanized to have to not have health. And if my label would have prioritized artist's health, I could have been provided care by a company I was giving everything to.
Speaker 2: Wow, she's like a child, She's like a child. Going to beat up on her. She sounds like a child.
Speaker 6: I am going to beat up on her. I'll go ahead and beat up on well. So I was listening to Bernie the other day. He was on uh well Well, and he was questioning RFK Junior. So he was on the Sunday talk shows and Bernie's big hang up with RFK Juniors.
Speaker 1: He would not answer the question is healthcare of right? He wouldn't ask as a central question every developed country in the world again. The office health care, the whole healthcare is the right thing is a non starter for me. I don't see how that possibly works as a system where healthcare is a right.
Speaker 7: Might be a good exchange for tax dollars. I mean, you could make that argument.
Speaker 2: I suppose. I don't understand how that system works.
Speaker 6: So so this girl just thinks everybody should get healthcare if somebody should be providing it. Somebody else should be providing my healthcare because I want to be a singer or or do this or not or not work at all or whatever. Everybody should get a healthcare no matter your lifestyle. You get to make whatever life choices you want, and somebody else is going to pay for your health care.
Speaker 2: How is that ever going to work? Yeah, well it's going to be in the US very eighty five people. It's gonna be insanely expensive.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, and and healthcare will be ration seriously, it would be like being in Canada. You'll be diagnosed with cancer and they'll tell you come back for chemo in eighteen months, and you'll say, but won't the cancer grow and they'll say shut up and get in line. So anyway, so also from naive whackadoodle artists who live in the clouds news. This is kind of the opposite. And I don't I'm sorry, I don't have the name in front of me of this transgender chap woman who starred in the Amelia Perez movie as the transgender cartel boss that we've been talking about.
Speaker 2: And a couple of things.
Speaker 7: First of all, I said that it was a different actor who played the cartel boss and the newly minted quote unquote woman version of him. People are telling me, no, no, it's the same actor, actress, actor or triss. And that explains why the cartel boss looked so weird all the time, because it was a dude who threw many painful surgeries, was changed into a human being who looked more like a woman. Then they had to use makeup and such to turn this person back into somebody who presented it as a man. So that explains why he looked so weird.
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, you can use actor for most because it's considered sexist to use the term actress, so you're safe on that ground.
Speaker 2: They're both. They're all actors.
Speaker 7: Now for the Oscar nominations, they haven't figured out a way to have their cake and eat it too, get that.
Speaker 6: Right, And yet they had to hire an actual trans person to play a trans role because that's the new thing in Hollywood, right, you can't have a straight person play a gay role or any of those kind of things.
Speaker 7: Why don't you just start making documentaries then? I mean, if you wait a minute, all right, you got an irishman playing the Irishman. But this guy's forty and the characters of forty six list though gets to agism, all right, a forty six year old irishman. Yeah, but the actual guy was left handed, all right, a forty six year old left handed irishman.
Speaker 2: I don't know, But your guy isn't this and that and the other.
Speaker 7: Again, you just got to make a documentary with the actual people soon anyway. So this transgender person, who is the first ever transgender person nominated for Best Actress because now they present as a woman, apparently they have been canceled now by the left. This is two delicious forewords. This is online commentator Rob Smith and clip eighteen Michael, and I.
Speaker 10: Quote here's honestly, I think very few people ever cared about George Floyd are.
Speaker 7: Michael, stop it, stop it. I didn't realize we were gonna edit it that close. A miscommunication my fault. So a number of past communications, tweets, et cetera have surface that this person made back in the day. And if anybody has any sins online, if you're of the right but not only left, you will be canceled hard. Well, here's the list of what this transgender actor person said.
Speaker 10: And I quote honestly, I think very few people ever cared about George Floyd, a drug addict swimdler. Okay, this is what Carlo Sophia Gascone are great trans woman who's blazing the trail for transactresses as our first Academy Award nominee for Best Actress that is trans. This is what this person had to say about Muslims. Is it just my impression or every are there more Muslims in Spain? Every time I pick up my daughter from school, there are more women with their hair covered and their skirts down to their heels. Next year, instead of English will have to teach Arabic. Yes, our great trans woman trail blazer, Sofia, Carlo Sophia Gascone, our best actress trans not many, is now getting totally canceled by the left for that and Morris. She also called Miley Syrus a lesbian, which I think is actually personally hysterical. But I love the fact that this person was supposed to be some great trail blazer and thought that she was gonna this person was gonna ride the EI all the way to an Academy Award for Best Actress and then is being totally canceled by the left. You live by the rules of the left, you die by the rules of the left. The hypocrisy is hysterical.
Speaker 7: Nobody actually really cared about Georgia Floyd.
Speaker 2: He was a drug addicted grifter. What it's funny, Carl and I could hang out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that's you don't want to say, Hey, I'm sorry. You got the whole gender confusion going on. That must be very painful.
Speaker 6: But on your bond, I found your movie confusing, But we could talk about this other stuff.
Speaker 2: Spain's turning into the Middle East. Huh.
Speaker 7: You can hardly take your daughter to school without the whole culture changing around you.
Speaker 2: Man, I can sympathize with that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we could bond, and I did say, sh e it's very very good in the movie. The movie itself was utterly ridiculous. Good act, Oh, very good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So is this person actually canceled? I mean like, is this becoming an actual problem. We'll see, Like they'll get booed if they win or don't know, We'll see. Because you know, they have this weird ranking system for this sort of stuff. What ranks above what else?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, intersectionality.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's professors who would teach it at school to kids who end up not learning a damn thing worth knowing for their one hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Hey, quick word from our friends at Prize Picks.
Speaker 7: Oh, the big Game is coming up, the big big Game, and Prize Picks is giving away a free pick for the big Game.
Speaker 2: Here's what that means.
Speaker 7: One is the starting quarter of actually needs to throw for one yard and you win on that stat projection and you have to just pick one other one correctly. To win real cash, you have to pick at least two player projections. It's super easy. I mean, sign on, you figure it out within nine.
Speaker 6: Will probably be the fastest guy on the field on Sunday, Xavier Worthy, you have more than fifty six and a half receiving yards. I feel like if he doesn't, the Chiefs won't win the final NFL game of the year. You download the Prize Picks app, You pick a couple of categories.
Speaker 2: You go more or less.
Speaker 6: You can get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool. Yeah, you don't need to win.
Speaker 7: You just you play a five dollars lineup and they give you fifty to play around with. Download the Prize Picks afterday. Use the code Armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup Prize Picks. Use that code Armstrong Prize Picks. Run your game.
Speaker 6: What's the Emelio Perez? Is that the name melio Estebez? What's the name of the movie? Now you've confused. Nominated for the most oscars of all time? Tamelia Perez, Melia Perez, not Amelia. That said, it's completely different movie. Yeah, that's about Charlie Sheen's brother. I don't want to watch that movie. It's completely Michael. He can play that damn sex change song anytime you want it. I should have want to Grammy as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 8: Mama, bless no blessed, Yes, no blessing.
Speaker 6: It looks like RFK Junior is going to go to the full Senate vote. Do they do that today or does that get put off?
Speaker 7: I don't know a Democrat who is vowing to hold up all of Trump's nominees over some nonsense or other.
Speaker 2: Some sort of Senate technicality. I don't understand.
Speaker 6: We will look into that. We'll answer that question. Also, Uh, this op ed. I just came across beating up on Elon for being some sort of unelected dictator and we should all be scared.
Speaker 2: Probably ought to get to that a little bit later, among other things.
Speaker 11: On the way, stay here are strong, but the Democratic minority Senate leader release.
Speaker 2: The Shumers going they be here?
Speaker 4: Okay, most of it Corona here comes from Mexico Democrats.
Speaker 2: Can you please stop ding Schumer out there every time? He's not good at this?
Speaker 11: What is the decision making process here?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 11: Who should we get out there to effectively battle one of the most savvy presidential media manipulators in history.
Speaker 2: I don't know how about Schumer.
Speaker 11: He's uninteresting, but at least he's monotone. Oh wait, Chuck, before you go out there, you look too young.
Speaker 2: Put on these readers and lower them on your nose. Perfect.
Speaker 7: So I've been following some of the drama, the DNC hearings for who's going to be their chair too. The Democrats could not be misplaying their hand more severely. And I just keep thinking, there's no way the rights screws this up, which and you know what that means, there's no way we lose the next four elections.
Speaker 6: So an interesting thing happened yesterday the United States. Trump announced this. The United States is going to withdraw from the UN Human Rights Council and stop un founding.
Speaker 2: That's the UN whatever r WA stands for.
Speaker 6: In that they were that group that had a whole bunch of Hamas members in it and Israel remember how that whole thing went down, And it's unbelievable. The UN is really quite amazing. The Human Rights Council. It's made up of different countries on a year by year basis. They kind of rotate them through, but it's often full of just some of the worst countries in the world, including China.
Speaker 2: China is on the Human Rights Council. China has a million slaves for instance. I mean they committed to a genocides.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, I mean the endless list of things China does wrong and they're part of the Human Rights Council.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 6: So Trump announced yesterday, or I guess Rubio announced that we're pulling out of that, and at least Stephonic put out the announcement. Today's executive order is the correct action by President Trump to deliver. She's the UN ambassador to deliver America first piece through strength and moral leadership. The UN Human Rights Council is a den of human rights abusers and disgraceful and obsessive anti semitism. Unraw unwah must be defunded and dismantled in the United States.
Speaker 2: Will do that.
Speaker 6: Since Stephen Hayes with The Dispatch, who couldn't hate Trump more, tweeted out good overdue. So I like saying to the who you want a stuffund Yeah, you got to be a lot better than you are now. And the Human Rights Council, we ain't gonna be part of that. We're We're not gonna get voted down or up or whatever by China. Let China be the arbitra of what's right and wrong.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 7: I ran in North Korea have been on the Human Rights Council, unless I'm incorrect, Syria, lots of horrible countries.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah.
Speaker 7: It reminds me of the disbanding of the USAID, which we'll get into next hour. I really, I've been aware of them for you know, many many, many years, but I didn't understand exactly how they operate and how perverse it's become. And bring it down, absolutely, bring it down. This is all such good stuff. And you know, the chuck schumers that the world are acting like it's an outrage that will you know, slap mother's milk out of the mouths of hungry babes in Africa. But it's just it's not that way at all. In fact, you know, and this is this is an interesting phenomenon of government and this stuff. It's it's way too complicated and subtle to ever get a hearing from the average voter. But if you, if you have decided it's important to get say, you know, the formula to the mouths of starving babes in Africa.
Speaker 2: Okay, that sounds noble, all right, I'll go along with you.
Speaker 7: Let's do that as a country, because it wins us friends and influences people.
Speaker 2: If you have an.
Speaker 7: Utterly corrupt, perversely motivated, you know, organization that now does that because over the years they become just cuckoo birds. Wouldn't you be on my side of reforming them? Well, it's just it's that people aren't aware, I guess. I mean it's like if the fire department is a bunch of cokeheads who just play poker. They've sold all the equipment, They don't put out fires. They just come to your home and steal your laptops and then leave all the place burns. And I say we need reform, and you say, oh, I'll fight the fires.
Speaker 2: You're you're not paying attention.
Speaker 6: So here's the latest TikTok craze, and TikTok stole a thing I guess for now till further notice. Diy botox. If you can't afford the actual botox face tape. There's a special kind of tape you use to smooth wrinkles, and it shows the places you put it on your head, across.
Speaker 7: Your forehead and not literally jabbing yourself with botox.
Speaker 6: Okay, no, it's uh you uh, it's a poor man's botox. You put this face tape on and it's just regular tape like you get the hardware store and then you put like an X across your face, covering your nose and down underneath your eyes, where people.
Speaker 2: Tend to totally or absolutely work.
Speaker 6: That will totally work. So if you see somebody with that tape on their face, that's what they're doing. They're doing the TikTok diy botox. Better than having your lips all fat. Saw somebody in the crowd at the Grammys with the giant fat lips.
Speaker 7: Oh ladies, ladies, you're great the way God made you.
Speaker 6: There was somebody that worked here not too long ago, remember Michael, very nice, very attractive person, I mean, like top tier beautiful, but like once a month would get the lips redone and they were giant. And I don't know if you're supposed to say something, hey, I mean because you came back to work on a Monday looking completely different than he did on Friday, Katy, are you supposed to say something nice lips? Would they appreciate that or you not? Don't say that, Okay, you just don't say anything. Yes, don't say that. Don't go up to a woman and say nice lips.
Speaker 7: I see your undergoing anaphylactic shock. Is there anything I can do for you? Do you have an EpiPen?
Speaker 2: Shall I jab you with an EpiPen? Look like you're dying.
Speaker 6: I feel like if I came in to work with my ears five times the normal size, just all of a sudden, tomorrow somebody would say something, would they?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Armstrong and Getty