Speaker 1: Welcome into the Ravens Press Pass podcast. The Ravens had another day of voluntary workouts today. We had a chance to hear from defensive coordinator Mike McDonald and outside linebackers David A. Jabo and a dafe O Way. Take a listen to what they had to say.
Speaker 2: All right, great to see everybody again thinking about it today. It's been a minute since we uh talk last. But I feel like you guys felt the energy out there. So the guys, the guys are here, they're doing a great job. We're mentally we're in the right spot, but we know we're at in the process too, are very very early stages of just trying to build our defense back to you know, to the point we can get rolling and build our foundation going to training camp.
Speaker 3: So here we are.
Speaker 4: With with with David from last year and now this year, we can talk about the killers.
Speaker 5: Where do you think he is physically?
Speaker 4: I know you're very limited what you do after her, but what do you see out that's physically right now?
Speaker 3: Well, I think Jamison.
Speaker 2: The first thing is is he has a full year of the of the program, you know, to to physically get himself, you know, to a spot actually talking to somebody out there today.
Speaker 3: I mean, he looks great.
Speaker 2: I feel like he's put on some good weight, you know, and looks stronger and looks fast right now. And I think, you know, more than anything, mentally, I think he's in a great spot as well. So I think they're gonna see a lot of confidence from him, you know throughout the process.
Speaker 3: That's that's great to see him in good spirits.
Speaker 6: May be ready for train it here first states.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, as far as I know, he's ready to roll today.
Speaker 5: You used a lot of three safeties last year.
Speaker 1: Is that something that you would like to keep doing? Is that was that more of a function of the personnelity you had?
Speaker 7: What's your fault on that?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yes, I ended up being just a function of who he felt like gave us the best chance to win. And to Kyle's credit, you know, he hadn't gotten a lot of reps at Nickel throughout the process. But you know, as we as we got Roque and wanted to keep p Q on the field as well, that was that's just like that was the right decision and obviously, and you know worked out for us and his credit, you know, he kind of fit in seamlessly, so you know, moving forward, that's what this process is all about, you know, figuring out, uh who has earned a job and who who's who earns the right to be out there and uh and play for us. How many safeties we have out there? You know that'll that'll depend on the situation. Could we do three safeties again?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: You know you could have more of a nickel body in there this year. I think, you know, depending on who ends up earning that spot.
Speaker 8: Like what makes Rock you said a good fit for this defense? And I guess even if just from Afar, what your impressions and def as a player?
Speaker 3: Yeah, with Rocket, I mean the best combining.
Speaker 2: He's so he's physical and he's such an aggressive player and uh, just that type of demeanor just fits in great here. And you know he looks great out there moving around, so uh, you know, we're excited to see what he can do and then what he can bring to the table for us.
Speaker 6: Ian how much does this kind of you know, a lot has made about attendance.
Speaker 9: I know this is all voluntary, but before we're only out here a couple of days. But see Marlin, it's his Twitter feed and he kind of lets you know where he is. It seems like he's been around most of the time. How much you see sort of set the tone form something like this by being here every day and being.
Speaker 5: Going for and all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's uh, I mean, it's huge for us.
Speaker 2: And those are conversations that that we've had with Marlon and guys like Roque and and you know, just encourage them to kind of take the team by the horns and and make.
Speaker 3: It their team.
Speaker 2: And some of the conversations we had last year was, hey, it was great that we hit our stride at some at fine you know, at some point in the season, but let's why don't we do that earlier? And having the guys around and building camaraderie and building a team chemistry is is a is a.
Speaker 3: Great byproduct of this whole process.
Speaker 2: As well as you know, improving your individual skills and under the skin of the scheme and all that kype of stuff. But that's really the biggest part in my opinion about this kind of a stage of the of a of the off season.
Speaker 6: My concerns of the rookies trying previous how you Amazin.
Speaker 10: Stood out in the party different film.
Speaker 3: Not really not yet no.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, they got they're in a great spot. I mean their eyes, you know, they got big eyes right now in the meetings, and it's a lot for them. It's kind of they're drinking about it from the fire hose right now, and that's good thing, you know. So but it's a process and you know, they right have the right mentality as of right now. So I mean I commend him on that. But there's nothing really to evaluate from, you know, on the field so far.
Speaker 1: And like, how how different is this process this year compared to a year ago. You know, now you're probably bability on what you kind of put into place last year rather than thinking between some changes last year.
Speaker 6: How different is it?
Speaker 2: Well, I think here in the same language for the second year in a row, goes a long way from the guys, you know. I think they expected a lot of the things that we were doing prior and a lot of the words that we were using stay the same. We end up changing a good bit of vocabulary, so there's a little bit of a learning process to go with that, you know, with any new system.
Speaker 3: So I think there's a lot.
Speaker 2: I think there's more interest things that tweak going into this year as well, So you know, there is going to be a process to go through it and things we need to kind of iron out as we go, you know, But I think you kind of have an envision in mind where last year we're kind of letting it see where I was gonna go, you know, based on who we had and who could do what with going into year three?
Speaker 11: Is there an area of his game that you're kind of focusing on this offs line?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: You know, No, I mean the things we encourage Doff to do is the things he's doing every day. I mean, he's he's coming with a great attitude. He's he's here, he's working hard, and that's all we're asking me to do right now is just focus on the process and let the results happen with you know, the work that you're putting in, and he's doing that.
Speaker 3: So to commend on on kind of his daily approach right now, like, do you.
Speaker 9: Think there were times last year when we're in a saxophonren't coming, maybe some frustration set in with him?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess the obvious answer is probably yes.
Speaker 2: You know, I mean, I'm sure anytime you're not getting the production that you want or expecting your personal goals.
Speaker 3: That's probably a source of frustration.
Speaker 2: But you know, I look back at last year and he's We're putting together the teach tapes and things and Chucks watching them, and we're saying, hey man, this guy's doing a lot of good stuff for us. And you know, does that show up on the on the on the statue. May not, maybe not, But the guy rushed outside, he rushed inside. I thought he really caught a stride at the end of the year. And you know, the sacks, I think that I just I really believe that they'll they'll come. You know, I'm really not I'm not worried about where what sack number is gonna end up at. But I think we're gonna be pleased where he's at.
Speaker 5: Would be more of an inside guy, you know.
Speaker 3: Or gay their job up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I think I think he can rush inside and out. You know, I pay the skill set. Uh, you know, it just gets on you a little bit quicker inside. So that's something you've got to get.
Speaker 3: Used to a little bit.
Speaker 2: But you know, we'll probably start him outside and see where Ghostmari. Similar to what we did with with a Dafe last year with.
Speaker 4: The Jabo last year, it was I mean it was pretty I seemed like he was ahead of the curve. Even getting back to suit up last year, he was an active more than he was what would have went to the reasoning of.
Speaker 5: You know, having him suit up, but I don't think he was only active for two game days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, the outside backer, it's always a numbers issue of just how many reps you can you can get him out there, and we stayed pretty healthy once we got to that that kind of that.
Speaker 3: Critical number around the Saints game.
Speaker 2: So at just at that point of the year, it was just, hey, how can we make sure we're getting the guys enough reps when you know, if we're going to suit him up, it just there wasn't gonna be as many reps for him, and you know, those reps had needed to go somewhere else for us to you know, try to win the game.
Speaker 11: We're just how important was the classroom work last year? You know, does it feel like mentally he's a year two player, you know, he has kind of experience why he is the closer to a rookie. It was that really valuable experience for him in the classroom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure it was.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a lot of things that were there's a lot of carryover from what he had heard when we were at Michigan. So I think just you know, for rookies that the process of not having a this is what you're doing from sun up to sundown, coming to a building like this, talking to guys like Josh Ross and just what it takes to be a professional, you know, and taking care of your body and preparing and things like that.
Speaker 3: It's not an easy process.
Speaker 2: You know, all of a sudden, it's someone telling you what to do all the time to now you know, a lot of those decisions you have to make on your own. And to his credit, I mean, there wasn't really a false step. I mean through all the rehab and stuff. Someone mentioned it earlier. I mean he's ahead of schedule and he was healthy once you were ready to go, But you know, it just didn't number wise, just didn't shake out coming.
Speaker 5: Off of un or either Michael years.
Speaker 2: See, yeah, it's been it's been great to see Mike and I guess you guys you saw the start that he was off to last year, so you know, it was disappointed to lose him. It was an opportunity for the other guys to step in and do a good job for us in the middle. Can rattle off all those guys, but you know, I mean, they do just do a great job. But having Mike back in the middle of defense will definitely be a big, big point of contention for us moving forward.
Speaker 3: But I'm excited to see what he does.
Speaker 5: Like that.
Speaker 12: It was early days, but what's I guess impressed you were shouting out to you about what Chuck Smith was brought.
Speaker 10: To that position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chuck's been great, man, He's just he's a great guy. I didn't really known him much, you know, prior to this whole process, so getting to know him and his family, his background. He's from Athens, Georgia, which is kind of cool. Clark Central not Cedar Shills unfortunately, but we.
Speaker 3: Can get over that. But yeah, he's he's been great, and he's he's added a lot of value to that room.
Speaker 2: And him and we were working great together, Matt, those guys, I mean, it's just really cool how they're blending the skills between both positions and getting it taught on the field, and the guys are the guys are jacked up, and there's a lot of enthusiasm and it's just it's exciting time this time of year, like with here.
Speaker 6: Here a defensive line.
Speaker 11: Obviously there's not too many humans on Earthly plays Campbell, how do you go about kind of replacing him and what are your thoughts on your young accounts and defense on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, obviously we love Glais and uh, I don't think you look at it like we're trying to replace him. You know, there's things that he does that not a lot of people, like you said, can do on the on the field. So you know, there's there's things that will get kind of piece wised, you know that we bring, you know, whether it's interior rush or you know, playing kind of all all across the line on early downs.
Speaker 3: You know, and we have the guys that do it, but we have a great young core d Lineman.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a great opportunity for for Matt a bike, for for Brody to to really step up their interior pass rush game. Travis Jones second year, I mean, he's looking really good out there, so you know, just to get just an opportunity and again, like you know, we're flexible with personnel group, so we could we could sub it out, put put another outside backer body in there. I could put a d B body on the game inside back er, So it's flexible at this point.
Speaker 6: Do you see Piers as I are kind of helving and that subsiding of using.
Speaker 2: Camp that was up Pierce, you said, uh, yeah, just just having another VET guy that's done it at a high level. Man, of course that's gonna help us. Uh, different position, different skill set. But I think I think Michael Pierce is an underrated interior rusher too, So you know, when when the time comes, I think you'll see what he can do, you know, and pass downs as well.
Speaker 10: There're two more guys, Mike.
Speaker 12: The defense really came strong, came on strong at the end of last year, just to fite you guys on having that you know, all our pass rush if you get these kind of you know, year of a year improvements, especially for some of those guys who are a little.
Speaker 6: Bit banged up the next last year.
Speaker 12: But what does it kind of just do for for what this team, what this defense can do in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I think it's about always trying to push the envelope forward and keep improving, you know, so I think I think a lot of the credit that was from our improvement throughout the course of last year. Again, you know, really looking forward to this year. But it's just the guys mentality of trying to improve and trying to keep them getting better until can we find a sweet spot of where we kind of live schematically and we're comfortable with that. So you know, this year, really the mentality is like we want to just keep.
Speaker 3: Taking our game to the next level, whatever the situation is.
Speaker 2: You know right now that the whole mentality is not it's like it's hard to run plays on air against our sof you see our offense, they're running plays, you know, a million plays a day. Like there's nobody out there run plays against for us. So we got to work on our skills. It's a great opportunity for us to work our fundamentals and really build our our foundation.
Speaker 3: Is really the message right now.
Speaker 2: So you know we move into actually start practice OTAs and really training campus kind of a focus right now that we can hit the ground run and we have a solid foundation moving forward.
Speaker 13: Like you go back to jab O Flack College, he's a late bloomer anyway, or got a late start to football. People talk about a guy's ceiling like, you know, having a heinzen. Do you look at him still as being a guy like in ceiling?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, Harves talks about it.
Speaker 2: With all your players, you need we got you have a have a big vision for your guys. And if if they're not setting their goals high enough and your vision isn't big enough for your players, like you're not doing the right things, especially as a coach. So of course, I mean we have we have big visions for for John and the things that he that we want him to be able to do. And you know, I just don't look at last year as a setback. It's just's he's here and he's developed. That he had all this time to to learn the scheme, to learn the drills, to build the foundation to get physically stronger mentally isn't a great spot.
Speaker 3: So I think it's all positive.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. That was defensive coordinator Mike McDonald. Here now is David Ajobo followed by o'dafe away.
Speaker 10: Yeah. Man, it's a blessing man just getting better every day and building camaraderie, you know, uh, building the old brotherhood.
Speaker 5: What you weighted you gain Avid since uh be injury?
Speaker 10: Uh, probably a solid like ten pounds. You know, I lost some, you know, just kind of being inactive. So I put it on a solid by ten pounds of muscle. Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 7: How would you describe your excitement for this year given like.
Speaker 10: Kind of the road that when you was going, Yeah, man, like I said, just a blessing. Uh and uh I just can't wait, you know. Uh, I've never been injured before. Uh, I've never had to just sit down and uh, testing my patience, but uh it was definitely for the better.
Speaker 5: How was that experience for you?
Speaker 12: If you talk about that, that being around everything but not being able to play.
Speaker 10: Yeah, man, it's uh you gotta stay close to God, cause definitely a test uh my patience, you know, just tryna trying to rush things, but also knowing that I gotta do it the right way. Uh. But it all worked out for good man. I'm back hundred and ten percent.
Speaker 6: They mean you when you were.
Speaker 12: Drafted that that was gonna be essentially a red shirt season and and they were gonna be expecting.
Speaker 6: Things from you afterwards.
Speaker 12: Now that time is caught you feel that pressure and excitement and what's that feel like for you?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's never pressure, man, It's just what we do. Cause I'm just excited to be out there, uh with my brothers and just do play football.
Speaker 7: John mentioned earlier this year, you know, critical got off yourself to step up the and with the injury behind you, sort of where do you feel like you're happening process of development and where you want to be getting into the season.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, uh, these OTAs have been critical man. Just uh, you know, the playbook's never been a problem, cause you know I had it uh in Michigan. But I mean it's just getting better day by day. Man. Uh when I see it every day. Uh oh, our whole brother again better too. So it's a whole union effort.
Speaker 5: You know what Chuck Smith brought on him.
Speaker 10: He's a guru. You know, he's at guru. He's he's just bringing the best side of us and he brings a lot of energy.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 10: You know, lets us be ourselves, you know, let's us lets us kind of like dance off the ball. And uh, I'm really excited, you know, just to see how how our development comes.
Speaker 5: And said he goes with the season yet.
Speaker 10: Uh we all we all playing towards the super Bowl. Man, that's it, you know, as a team, you know, and uh, the more close we stay together, yeah, we we gonna do incredible things.
Speaker 5: A At this point, do you even think or feel about it at least at all? Is that even id? Is that anything into your thought process at all?
Speaker 10: The h Yeah, honestly, I'm tired of hearing about it, you know, I'm really tired. I'm in It's in my past. I've grown from it, It's made me stronger, and uh yeah, I'm I'm ready to move on from it. Man, I'm one hundred and ten percent. Uh yeah, physically.
Speaker 7: Where you feel like you are, obviously it's a helpful putting How does that.
Speaker 6: Prepare to where you moved for the and you close to that that.
Speaker 10: I honestly feel better, you know, I swear I feel better, Uh feel more explosive and uh you know, I'm just like I said, right to put put on the show.
Speaker 11: How much did that sack strip at the end of last year and really your only game with significant action, how much did that kind of boost your competence? Say, hey, man, I'm here, I I can play this.
Speaker 10: Level yeah, I mean the only game I really played to kind of just continue doing what I was doing in college. You know it just it kind of as made me feel like I belong and again kind of get me more excited for this upcoming season.
Speaker 5: What are your big uh the add of strength is gonna do for you? As far as you know what you want?
Speaker 10: Do you wanna feel? Yeah, it's it's more confidence, you know, uh, you know, be more stable than myself, you know, growing up against grown men now, so you know it's I just a uh a big confidence boost.
Speaker 9: See how long did you take until after the last season before you started training and.
Speaker 6: Working setting goals for this or?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 10: Can you repeat that?
Speaker 5: So? How long did you take a break after last season?
Speaker 10: Or did you go right into it? Or yeah, I mean y your buddy or breakdown if you don't. So I took a you know, a month break, went back home to Scotland see my family, you know, madech made sure they felt the love, and then I was right back in here and working with my brother A Dafe. We've been crafting all off season, you know, cause we got big goals.
Speaker 11: What are the emotions going back to the UK to to play the game, and is there any piece of advice that you'll give your teammates for gom?
Speaker 10: Uh the emotions, Uh, man, God's plan, you know it just spinning back home and uh being around surrounding my by my people. I know, my people from Scotland's gonna come watch and uh you know any advice, man, Just embrace it. You know it's a lot different, uh than America. You know, the accents, different environment, different, but you know it's gonna it's gonna be a blessed experience.
Speaker 6: You just mentioned adape.
Speaker 8: How important is that friendship?
Speaker 6: Has that friendship been to your career?
Speaker 8: And you thinking about being able to play with him at this level coming this fall?
Speaker 6: You know what does that mean to you?
Speaker 10: Honestly, I see as a brotherhood at this point. You know we we lived in the same dorm and in high school. You know, he went off to Pennsy I'm Michigan and now you know everybody be playing across from each other. Man, it's just everything to me, you know, just you know, make me feel more. You know at home, you know, feel feel the love and you know support, especially through my injury.
Speaker 5: Do you guys ever taught in high school in the dorm. Hey, we'll play together the NFL for baby.
Speaker 10: That's up. Nah, honestly, I mean you gotta realize we we just started playing football. You know, he starts junior that I followed him, and uh, we're just taking it day by day. So that's this kind of just confirmation, like it's all guys playing for real. You know, you know we all met, we met back up, you know, at the highest level, and uh, just ready to see through.
Speaker 4: Is there any kind of motivation for last year where you know you you were for found town for it and said take anything.
Speaker 5: Is there any motivation to show Hey, you know I was saying in the second round, but I'm still a first found talent here.
Speaker 10: Yeah, man, I know I'm here for a reason. So the end of the day is just to come show what I got. And uh, again, like I said, as a team sport man, just win the Super Bowl so we could all win.
Speaker 12: Then you talk about winning the Super Bowl and that's the team's goal and that's the ultimate lever players individual goals like that.
Speaker 6: You also said you and jop Alway have losty goals for this season. Is there anything you wanted to share on kind of some of the personal.
Speaker 10: Stuff I think in particular. Man, just we just want to be impact players. Uh, we just want to be dependable and uh, make sure you do our job at the highest level, you know, so you know hard hards will be happy. Man. That's gonna go back to your college number. David sucks not letting me man. Yeah, yeah, we had discussions. Man. Uh, you know it got a bit shoddy involved a little bit, but that's that's above me is a legend. Uh. So I'm gonna stick with ninety and well you try. I tried. I had to try to try to try, alright, but nah, he's not going for it. I mean, just go to the Bible studying, just you know, just kind of thank God for bringing me this far and uh and just go to sleep. Man. We gotta work tomorrow. So yeah, I can't do too much.
Speaker 6: Is there a a target playing wait for for you and mind career?
Speaker 10: Uh? Probably? I mean two fifty five. I'm comfortable. You know, I've know where you're at right now. Yeah, that's why I'm at. Uh. I've never really been focused on way. Uh, but you know I know our nutrition and strength staff though, don't guide me in the right direction.
Speaker 5: Right. So with your number now is your you know, you have to go to your secondary number. Do you have any kind of reason for that second number?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 5: Is there any kind of reason for for for your number down?
Speaker 10: Nah? Nor? I mean, if I'm being there, I was number seventy one in high school, so not Yeah, number number is not really mean much, you know. It's what you do with the number that you know.
Speaker 7: So yeah, you uh, you know you know that job better than anybody.
Speaker 6: Just how much do you think? How easier is he for this season?
Speaker 5: You show everybody what he could get?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I think, you know, It's like, I'm just so excited for him to, you know, really show everybody who we like, who he really is is as like a player as a person. And I could tell, like cause we were working together in the off season, uh with with my gouy Mo and you you could just tell like he was motivating. He had a enter drive to just prove something, not just to everyone else but to himself. So you know, I'm really excited for what he can show.
Speaker 10: Ohing.
Speaker 6: What's it been like working with truck Spen so far?
Speaker 14: It's been good, you know, working with Chuck, He's like giving us a insight that. You know, a lot of guys like me in particularly like hasn't ha like hasn't had cause a lot of my coaches, you know, they're great coaches, but they haven't really played the position. And you know, he's played the position. He's trained a lot of guys that played the position at a high level. So you know, I'm getting a little titbits that you know, I wouldn't have necessarily gotten from you know, the pastes, past years and everything.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there is a natural you know, it's passed out if you guys presumably example something where you can think of that.
Speaker 14: How you you know, uh, I can't. I can't give you a pinpoint, you know, a way. But it's just the way his approaches. You know, he's obviously like he's serious about getting us better than everything, but he's also laid back and he also like knows in individually how to you know, tap into us, you know, cause we all have goals what we wanna do, you know, me, me and myself. But you know, I think he does a good job of being relatable and you know, being down to earth and everything, but also you know, holding out what we wanna do.
Speaker 6: A dofy, what are some of those goals for your great.
Speaker 10: Freedom, you know, I got those in my head.
Speaker 14: Man, I can't give that to y'all, but you know it's definitely the to be dominant, you know, and and and just you know, help our defense to be the the best thing that you know we can be this year.
Speaker 6: So can't valueate your last.
Speaker 14: Season, say it was a learning season, a year to develop and and and things like that. I got better, not just you know, on the field, just because knowing what I can I can work on, but you know, mentally and you know, as a player as a p professional, learning things you can work on and building on it as a man and everything. So you know, I feel like, you know, it was a good season for me in that aspect.
Speaker 10: When you watch the tape.
Speaker 12: Behind season, you see you're so close on so many plays, you know what were the emotions would kind of reflect.
Speaker 10: On that and it was like damn.
Speaker 14: But you know, like I said, it's like that's how life is. You know, you have you have, you know times that you don't get it, but it's what you do next and you can pick yourself up. You know a lot of times I was close, but it lets me know that you know I when I you know when I when it does click, and you know, when everything goes how how I want to it's gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna sew. So you gotta look at it like that way, not not the negative way. So that's how I that's how I view how did.
Speaker 8: Feel like rushing from the inside, which seems like you flashed quite a bit doing that late in the season, And you know, how is that different than kind of health the.
Speaker 14: Enci It's a little different because he's coming to you right now. And I feel like it helped me because I could use some of my twitch and my length, you know, to create space stuff like that. So once I once I was doing that, it actually kind of freed, you like freed my mind and in terms of like what moves I wanted to do, and you know, I could incorporate that on the edge too. But I really liked it because once I beat it, I'm right in front of the QB, So you know I liked it.
Speaker 10: An ass, But do int your really what is your?
Speaker 7: What is the biggest tectic chap? Whs were as you feel life's been too To get into that next stuff.
Speaker 14: Just making sure you know you have a plan in your head, not just trying to react. You know there's a there's aspect of that you wanna react to, but making sure you have a plan. You know, uh rush angle and then ripping. A lot of times, you know I would get off the block, but it was kind of all balance. So when I got to the QB, you know, I wasn't taking a straight line shot. And it also upfield shoulder. There was a lot of times where you know I missed because of the upfield shoulder too. So little things like that.
Speaker 1: We got that your uh Ropeland modeling kind of setting it telling out there and you.
Speaker 5: Gotta be into better on ds of the suit.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Ropeland, you know, I manage man, you know always you know, the loudest guy in the room. Actually him and Martlely compete for that. But I would say, you know, they're really setting the tone and just being here and letting us know that guys that are established and you know have you know, got to places that we all wanna go are still year working and showing us you know the ropes and everything.
Speaker 5: You know, you know where God lot better than any of us. Will people called out ceilings. What would you say when the good.
Speaker 10: Sealing he doesn't have one.
Speaker 14: You know, he he's he's like he's smooth with his rush and then you know in the run game, he's all he's he's getting better every day. And he's so smart, like that's a lot of things people don't even understand, Like he's so savvy in that aspect as well. So his ceiling's crazy, Like he got a sack and you know he was off a kill one a killes man like y'all gotta think about things like that. So his his ceiling's crazy. Man, we got chucked to teach him, you know, and he his stories like me too. You know he started junior year. Yeah, and you know he's just sore since then. So you know, his ceilings he doesn't have one, you know, you know, yeah, you know, obviously.
Speaker 6: You weren't completely healthy.
Speaker 12: Loss of sage and now it was fiased not it was uh Nowams David, uh just w what is it kind of do for for you guys?
Speaker 10: And how good could this past fresh be.
Speaker 14: Especially on the age you know, we're all just getting to another year to you know, like this is the first year, you know, I didn't have a surgery or something like that. You know, David's coming off the Achilles, uh Ties is coming off the Achilles, and so you know, we're all just I wanna say a hundred percent, and you know we gotta we gotta a lot of time, you know, just honing our skills and not just you know, trying to get our bodies back to where you know, where we wanna be. So you know it's really gonna help, you know, and you know for me it's j It's helped me as well because I can hone in on getting stronger, I can go, I can hone in on you know, getting better in the playbook and stuff like that. So it should be good for all three.
Speaker 6: Did you play wait that you want to play at?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I wanna say, like anything around the two fifty five, two sixty, what did you now? Two fifty seven?
Speaker 11: Yup?
Speaker 6: But you look back at at last few points thousand injuries.
Speaker 7: Like that with data side was the frustration if he looks at the production to his point.
Speaker 14: And if so, obviously you know, as like a pro, you know, you you have things you wanna do, but you gotta understand everyone is injured. So that's never an excuse, but obviously, like you can, there's always levels to where your body's gonna be at. So I know that, you know, when I'm a hundred percent or you know, when whatever percentage I was at, you know I I could do this, But there's no frustration. And then obviously you know there was times where I was there but if my concentration maybe wasn't there and I coulda got it. So and there's guys that you know, we're in that situation that you know still made those plays. So it's it's not it's not an excuse, but I know where I'm at now and I know what I can do now.
Speaker 8: So there's how much communication if you had with Justin Houston this offseason or you still hopeful he could wind up back here?
Speaker 14: Hey man, Justin you know, he's his own man, you know, and he's really driven on what he wants to do. So you know, I'm hoping, you know, whatever he does is for the best for him. But you know, we would love to have him back, you know, and everything like that. But you know, Justin Justin, I know he's gonna make the right decision for himself.
Speaker 11: What are the conversations like with you and David Jabo and just kind of a dream of hey YouTube Russian passers terrorizing quarterbacks to the NFL level together.
Speaker 14: You know, we just wanna we just wanna show, like Baltimore a different thing that you know they haven't seen necessarily, but you know, we know that there's there's it's a real opportunity right here, a real great story coming from like where we both come from being together starting football league, you know, soaring and you know, having trials, tribulations, you know, beating that. So we know the opportunity that we have. You know, we just wanna, we wanna be those guys for Baltimore.
Speaker 6: Okaya, David said, sick of talking about last year?
Speaker 14: Sit?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 6: David said, you sick of talking about last year and everything moving forward?
Speaker 9: You personally, at what point of the off season did you forget about last year and everything that you said you learned.
Speaker 6: And just became fully focused on what death think you're going forward.
Speaker 14: No, I never forget, Like I don't, I don't forget. I use this kind of motivation, but obviously it's like you want to switch. But I didn't really take a lot of like off season, like I went straight to the gym just to try to get strong, because I knew there's no real off season. But you know, obviously you gotta like switch your mode to all right, it's the next page, what are we gonna do this year? But you know, as a competitor, you obviously you remember things that you gotta work on. You remember the things that you missed on so you can bounce back for the next year.
Speaker 6: Patrick Clean had a breakout year three. You kind of look at it.
Speaker 11: Year three is all right, you know, I've got my legs. I mentally physically like it's an opportunity to kind of have.
Speaker 3: That breakout year.
Speaker 14: Yeah. I mean I feel like Pat was, he was, He's always been a dude. But you know, I feel like three year three, you know, it's a year where, like, you know, you had a good year the first year, second year, guys know who you are, they know some of your moves, but the year three, like all right, you start all right, okay, you know some of my moves, but now I got more moves for you now, So I guess, yeah, year three is a year where you probably tie it all in together. So maybe, yeah, defy, are you.
Speaker 6: And David keep a track of who wins those kind of get up competitions.
Speaker 14: I mean, yeah, you know we're competitive, but we also know who we are, so you know, like we'll probably try to be everyone else before we try to be each other. And then once that comes up, then I'll probably sain't me, but you know, may me not do that.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. The Ravens continued another week of voluntary off season workouts and also we had a chance to watch those workouts. So if you want some analysis of what we're seeing out there on the field and what these guys had to say today and over the past couple of weeks, head over to the Lounge podcast feed. Ryan make and I will dive into all of that and give you our perspective on what's happening on the field and what the players had to say.
Speaker 3: About the workouts.
Speaker 1: Also, make sure you subscribe to both feeds and make sure you leave your rating and review. Thanks for listening. We'll be back with you again soon.