Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today with US as Bloomberg News cross ass that reported Taniza.
Speaker 3: Sikova patiently waiting for us.
Speaker 1: Let's start with one of the few stocks that is under pressure today, and it's a megacap.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, big megacap that is under a lot of pressure. Amazon. We've been talking about it since the earnings, the decrease. Amz and stock is down more than seven percent. Really, we're seeing such a big recovery among all the losers of the last few days. But this is not the case for Amazon. The stock is already down ten percent year today. The number that everyone has been talking about is that two hundred billion investment. Data centers chips have obviously investors surgitory about ANYI spending, especially in the last few weeks. We saw similar reactions to micros of alphabet. That's that Microsoft is up today, But what we saw is that the COO is setting that the money will go to the cloud business, to the Amazon Web Services cloud business. But the important number that everyone is looking at is their projection for profit. It was about sixteen to twenty one billion, and it's lower than what analysts were expecting. So obviously that's the big issue investors have been looking at, and the moment it's denting profits, you can see that investors are really punishing the stocks. Amazon has been doing a lot of layoffs thirty thousands since October. That's about ten percents of the corporate workforce. But the company has had a pretty rough stretch and is not caught in that big recovery that we're seeing today, and as the buyers are emerging.
Speaker 3: I got to say, I think it's safe to say that Mark Mahoney over at ii ever Core a pretty positive spin these hyperscalers big mega cap tech companies in terms of the spend and buying for dominance in this world.
Speaker 1: If you missed that an interview, check it out on our podcast feed.
Speaker 3: We like to do same plugs. Why now, Matt Miller is not the only one who can do them all right, So Amazon AMZ and of course is the ticker. Let's go to another one, a subject that we've been talking a lot too, and that is the crypto universe.
Speaker 4: Complete reversal, and cryptolink stocks are on the top of this. They're obviously bitcoin retracted. We almost had like a fifty percent drop from its peak. Now we're around seventy thousand, and all the companies that are associated with cryptocurrency pretty much moved in line with that.
Speaker 2: Bet.
Speaker 4: We're looking at Strategy, mar Holdings, Coin Based, Robinhood, all of those names really big reversals. Say Leading the Games is a company that just reported earnings, micro Strategy. The ticker, of course is MSTR. The stock is a twenty five percent year today. But this is not about dirnings report. Actually, the fundamentals from the earnings reports were pretty weak. The bitcoin hoarding company confirmed a net loss of more than twelve billion, but obviously investors are not looking for that. It's a very strong sentiment day. That's the company is now down about twelve percent. The company say Word has said the company faces no margin calls. Everyone is asking, obviously are they going to sell bitcoin? So far we're not seeing this being the case. But another trend where you're not seeing is the company is not buying bitcoin at the moment, So perhaps that is telling, but it's.
Speaker 1: Like on sale for them. That's what exactly.
Speaker 3: Perhaps if you're a believer, right, this would be the time. That's an opportunity.
Speaker 4: If you like it at one hundreds, you should like it now, right.
Speaker 1: If you like it one d and twenty five thousand dollars, you'd love it. It's seventy thousand unless unless the money or I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Do you think it can go even down?
Speaker 4: More people?
Speaker 1: Who knows? Who knows what way it goes?
Speaker 3: You're into cosmetic companies, are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Especially big one way or the other.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I did that. Uncomfortable While we're in this business, we all have to Yeah a little bit quick? Yeah, should we talk Cody, Cody?
Speaker 4: It's an interest. So the brands under it, Kayli Cosmetics, Gucci, cover Girl, Sally Hanson. There are quite a few different one even if you haven't heard the name, shares are sliding those Today's stock is down fifteen percent. The beauty company scraps its FISCO twenty twenty six Outlook, this is not the first company that's reacting like that. We saw a similar reaction by a still louder just yesterday. The stock actually tumbled nineteen percent. Beauty industry is obviously an interesting space to water when it comes to the economy, So that kind of weakness we're seeing could be telling indicator. And the company, it's said that they're seeing heightened promotional environment and weakness in its consumer beauty business. They recently got a stake in haircare brand Vela, So it's an interesting company too. Lunch under a lot of pressure, and you know, everyone is looking at the consumer and what's been happening to it, and this perhaps is a good indicator that maybe some of those discretionary spending is not doing so well.
Speaker 3: I don't know. And you don't have a lot to spend, you know, they talk about, you know, you have money to buy a lipsticks. It's a small purchase, Denisa, Thank you so much. Stockmovers Podcast check it out by minute episodes, Big winners, big losers in the stock market. Find out on Apple, Spotify, or anywhere you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: The Stockmover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business App.