Speaker 1: Hello everybody, Welcome to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football Podcast, brought to you by League Tycoon, the Dynasty first dannasy football platform. I'm Ryan, warmly joined by Scott Bogman. Just Scott Bogman this week because our friend and colleague Pat fitz Morris is probably a few beers deep in Canton, Ohio at the Fantasy Football Exfo with our colleagues. I wish I could be there this year. It's been a couple of years since I was there. Actually, super fun time the one time I went hanging out with friends, fans, people in the industry, and of course our colleagues. We have quite a few Fantasy Pros folks there. Wish I could join them. Didn't work out this year, but we're carrying on the Dynasty show without fits for just a week here. Paus jealous.
Speaker 2: I'm jealous too, So wish we could be a couple of beers deep. But hey, talking some football. Not a bad runners up prize. We'll take that.
Speaker 1: We will certainly take it. We're talking some football, some polarizing players we struggle to rank. This is in Dynasty, of course, as a reminder, all of our twenty twenty six consensus rankings and tiers can be found at fantasypros dot com slash rankings. You can navigate to our Dynasty rankings from there as well. Bogman, you put together eight names for us here today. We've got quarterbacks, we've got running backs, we've got wide receivers, and we've even got a tight end. At the end of the show, I say we dive right in here with the quarterbacks. Now, just quickly, with the two quarterbacks that you put together, is it struggling to rank them in general? Is it specifically in super flex versus one QB format in Dynasty, or just kind of in general you struggle to rank these two.
Speaker 2: I think with all the players that'll pick today, it's that they offer an immense ceiling and an immense floor. So it's really just hard on where to rank them. The two guys in particular at quarterback that I have would only be hard to rank in super flex and not really hard to rank in a one QB league because they're not in the top twelve qbs for the most part, the top the QB ones. You'd have to be a very deep league to get these guys in a QB one. So for me, it's really guys that offer a wide range of outcomes in my opinion. You know, obviously some of those opinions will be mistaken by the end of this season or in the future. In Dynasty, it's you're not talking, you know, you talk about four year windows on one day, three year windows on one day, however you want to say it. But yeah, I think that's just kind of my thing with all of these players. Some of them I'm high on, some of them I'm low on. And with the quarterbacks, I got one in each category here.
Speaker 1: First up, we'll talk about Malik Willis. He is quarterback twenty four in ECR, twenty seven years old. You know, gonna give his first chance to be a starter kind of at a later age. We obviously know what the rushing ability is, you know, pretty much at the highest level you can possibly have, like just shy if prime Lamar. I mean, his legs really are special. But will he get the opportunity to be a long term starter to show off that rushing ability. Will he be able to throw to anybody in Miami this year besides your boy Chris Bell. So again, QB twenty four right at the back end of that super flex starting range, you know, very back end of you know, not even closest starting if you're going based on that ranking in a one QB league. Where is he ranked for you? And why does he make this list for you?
Speaker 2: I am at seventeen. His range, I think from the ECR that I saw on Dynasty is sixteen to thirty four. So I'm definitely on the high end having him at seventeen here, And it's the rushing upside that that makes me want to keep a guy like Malik willis ranked this high, you know, at Liberty in two seasons, and it's Liberty, it's a smaller school, but twenty two, one hundred and sixty three yards, twenty seven rushing touchdowns. You know, obviously had a cup of coffee at with a couple of starts for Jordan Love and he's looked good in those, So you go to Miami. But Miami is a much different situation, obviously, specifically with the talent around him, there's really good quarterback. We should have improvements on the on line last year, which was a disaster in twenty twenty five, so we should see some improvements. But the wide receivers stink out loud. I mean, I don't know how else to say it. They are not good, right, It's a it's the island of misfit toys here. So the potential upside for Malik Willis this season is capped, and it's tough to be capped this year because you and I and fits have been talking about the immense twenty twenty seven quarterback draft class. Right, so if you don't show that you are definitely the guy this year, then you could be replaced. But it cuts both ways because if you show you are definitely the guy this year, there's some really good wide receivers that ay be on the board for this team to pick. They have ninety nine million dollars in cap space, which I believe is third most as it stands today for twenty twenty seven. So you can spend some money on some pieces to help Malik Willis, whether be on the offensive line or at wide receivers. And if you are keeping him beyond this year, so many picks coming out. I like the upside for a guy like Chris Bell, specifically if he's a number two in this in this offense, I mean, you know, for him for fantasy wise, it'd be better if he's a number one, but I don't think that. I don't think Chris Bell has that in him. I think he's probably a number two. He could be a high end number two for fantasy. But I think that it just just cuts both ways, so largely for him, because it's easy to get out of this contract for him. He is after twenty twenty seven. He is easily dumpable, right, not not a large contract, So it's this year and next year. But if you look bad this year and you're not being set up for success either right, rough offensive line, rough wide receivers, you're gonna have to show it with your legs. You're gonna have to not turn the ball over as much as we expect, maybe only in those scenarios where you know you're trying to play from behind him catch up. That's when you throw your picks. Even if it's a lot of picks. We can handle those. But if you're making mistakes early in the game in the middle of the game constantly, you're not going to keep this job. So I just think there's such a wide range of outcomes for Malik Willis, But the rushing upside makes me want to keep him pretty high. In my ranking, So I'm gonna I do believe in Malik Willis, but it does make me a little queasy to be one of the higher rankers on him knowing that the floor could drop out.
Speaker 1: Well, I do think that on field, right, because there's there are other guys who have a wide range of outcomes due to injury or off the field issues stuff like that. On field only, I don't think there's a player on your list that has a wider range of potential outcomes in terms of dynasty value because the upside genuinely is like a top three quarterback in fantasy, which sounds insane because he is nowhere near that as a real life quarterback. But if he is truly as special as he has looked as a runner, that is just such a cheat code where it does not matter if the passing isn't By the way, the passing is pretty good at times in flashes last season, but the running is that special. Like if you guaranteed me health. For every quarterback in the NFL this season, there's like maybe four guys that I would say, okay, I expect them to generate more fantasy value from their legs than Elik Willis. And two of them are Alan and Hurts, which is only because of the touchdowns that they're gonna bring. But in terms of like the yardage and the explosive plays and then possibly also touchdowns. For willis from his legs that is going to carry him when he ever every game that he has the opportunity to be the starter so far it raises both the ceiling and the floor. And yet this time next year he might be a backup. Like so, it is just the most remarkably wide range of outcomes for him, I think is a perfect option for this list. You know, we call it polarizing players to rank. You have ranked him on the high end, but still, you know, relative to that range, still hard to get, you know, kind of really put your finger on it, I think, and feel confident about it, honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, he is, like you said, just a wide range of outcomes. But it's those legs, man. The legs just give us so much for fantasy, and that is what I'm banking on. So and he should with a bad O line and tough wide receivers, you should have plenty of opportunities to run, which you know also increases chance of injuries. So wide range of outcomes for Malik Willis, but give me the upside, man, that's what we want in fantasy.
Speaker 1: And if you want to lean on the more optimistic end of that ranking long term, I mean, I think it's worth remembering that this was you know, front office and head coach that just saw him every day in practice and decided that that was the guy they wanted to bring with them to Miami. And part of that is there are not a ton of options out there for a starting quarterback and free agency every year. But like, if they didn't think he had it in him, I don't think they would have given him twenty million dollars a year. So right, that carries some weight with me, even if it's not the only thing that matters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: If you play in a serious dynasty league, you should check out League Tycoon, the official dynasty football sp of the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Podcast. It's a modern fantasy football platform built specifically for dynasty leagues, not redraft standard. Dynasty leagues on League Tycoon are completely free. League Tycoon has tools for serious dynasty leagues, slow auction drafts with twenty plus players at once, trade auctions, draft lotteries, compensatory picks, and league history import with no ads or sportsbook clutter. And if your league wants to go even deeper. League Tycoon also offers Contract Dynasty with multi year contracts, extensions, rookie deals, tags, and restricted free agency tenders. Standard Dynasty is free for everyone and for contract Dynasty leagues use Promo code Pros to get your first season free. Start your free Dynasty league today at League tycoon dot com and for contract Dynasty leagues that's Promo Code Pros to get your first season free. League Tycoon the official Dynasty football sponsor of the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Podcast. All right, Bogwin, who's your other quarterback you want to talk about?
Speaker 2: Let's talk about Kyler Murray right in Minnesota because this is such a great opportunity for Kyler Murray. But is Kyler is still good enough to keep this job? And I'm not gonna sit here and tell you that I think JJ McCarthy is going to win this job, right. I know they're calling it a competition. I'm throwing up air quotes in uh, you know, in camp and everything. It ain't gonna go that long. I think even KOs even said it shouldn't be too long before Murray is the guy, and so I'm not saying that McCarthy is an option for this year. But I'm also not very convinced that they're completely done with McCarthy. I don't think the KOC is. So I do think that Murray is gonna have to impress this season. Can he do that? Absolutely? I mean, the KOC has been known as a quarterback miracle worker, and if Kyler Murray is good this year, they won't possibly let another quarterback walk like they did Sam Donald. He cannot do it again, right, So maybe it plays a little more in his favor, But I just don't know. I think that I think that it's probably the starting quarterback of the Vikings in twenty twenty seven, in my opinion, is probably either gonna be McCarthy or a draft pick, right, and we'll see. I'm just not convinced that Murray is good enough to hold this job long term. Last season he was okay, right, but I think he was QB eighteen in points per game in only five games. He's missed big chunks of the last two seasons. Now there's a little weirdness of that too, which again makes this dude hard to rank in my opinion. You know, when he was shut down after five games because of a foot injury, was that more because the Cardinals were done with him and they didn't want him to get hurt again and then have to pay the insurance and all of that stuff. We heard that narrative going around a lot of people thought Jacoby Prisett was just playing better and that the locker room liked Jacoby better, right, And then there was even you know, after they fired Gannon and we're looking for coaches, they were even considering bringing him back. They said they're definitely gonna trade him and all of this nonsense before he ended up getting waived. So I he has an opportunity here. I think the legs are they're not gone, but they're not the danger that people will give him credit for. He's a smaller guy that has had injury issues, and I don't really I don't buy that he was actually hurt last year, to be honest with you, I just think that the Cardinals were done with him. So I'm not really concerned about the injury stuff for him, But it was a concern coming into the league for him might shorten his career, and I just he wasn't successful with Marvin Harrison and Trey McBride and you know, a decent offense in Arizona. We saw Michael Wilson break out as well, Right, So this was a good offense that he had the keys to and was mediocre with. I feel like he might do the same thing in Minnesota. And if that's the case, I'm not saying that Kyler Murray is not going to be a starter. There's gonna be plenty of teams looking for quarterbacks next year, right, I mean a lot of teams looking for quarterbacks next year, either in the draft or in free agency. My team is one of them. The Jets are definitely looking for a quarterback, and you can go through and run through a bunch of teams that are maybes. Right, I could have put Tyler Schuck on here as well, Like if he has a down year. You know how c J. Stroud had his great rookie year and then a down year and everyone is down on c J. Stroud now a little bit where he was a top five You know, Tyler Schuck could have that as well. So I could have put him on here. But this is such a good opportunity. It's such a good place to be with a coach that is almost a miracle worker with quarterbacks, I could see it working. I just don't know if Kyler is going to be the guy so and I believed in him coming out of college, you know, even though he was a sooner, I still liked him right. Got to stick up for the short guys when I can, of course, But I just don't know if he hasn't in him anymore, will he be successful. I think he's gonna have a decent year. I have QB fifteen in my twenty twenty six rankings.
Speaker 1: Well do you think the what's like the true upside, like the I don't want to say, like one hundredth percentile outcome, but like a realistic best case scenario lists he's a starter all year, you know, with QB one magic, not.
Speaker 2: QB one overall AHAB one like QB twelve to ten. I think somewhere in that range is probably the realistic upside, because I don't think that he has the rushing upside of the guys that we mentioned earlier, the Josh Allens, the Lamars, even Drake May and Jaden and guys like that. I think he's you know, Trevor Lawrence rushing upside, you know what I mean. Like, I think that part is gone, but you don't need that when you have Justin Jefferson, you have Jordan Addison, you have TJ. Howkinson. If they can get that run game going a little bit better. I did think the run game will be better just because you don't have either a non NFL level quarterback in Brosmer or banged up and probably should be retired Carson Wentz or Jaj McCarthy who clearly wasn't ready. Like that quarterback situation for the run game last year was just a disaster. So I do think that the offense will be better under Kyler. There will be market improvement, but is that good enough to stave off Koc's obsession with McCarthy or his obsession with one of the prospects coming out in the twenty twenty seven draft, right, So I just I question whether he holds this job long term. And there's just a difference between playing with the Vikings and Koc then you know, going to sign in Miami if Malik will Willis doesn't work out, or going to New Orleans or Pittsburgh or wherever it's so much better in Minnesota. This is the job you want, And I don't know. I think he's a coin flip to keep it, and I would I would say he's probably sixty forty on the not keeping it side.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the running backs. I want to start with Zach Sharberney from your list, and I want to kind of pose the question to you. Is this more because of the inj and you never know how guys are coming back from an injury. It's a long timeline, you know, big season ending injury, or is it more about their draft to Jujeri and Price and we don't know what team Charbones that's going to. We don't know what the workload split is going to look like between those two when they're in the same backfield, and we don't know Charbonnese's long term team that he's gonna be playing for. Is it more the uncertainty of the environment or the uncertainty of the injury.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm actually positive on Sharps, so I have him at twenty two where his ECR is thirty. So the thing to me is that you know, is it gonna be great this year? I don't think it is. I think this is a bi low opportunity all the way through until he comes back, right, which I would assume is closer to you know, probably Thanksgiving than it is Halloween. But let's just say it's in the middle of November when he comes back from this uh torn acl Right, if the Seahawks are anywhere near a playoff spot and gliding towards one, they're probably gonna baby him back in. Right. They're it's gonna be working with Jeri and Price, which probably means they don't need to keep Sharbonay because he's a free agent after this season, So it's probably working with Price and you can baby Sharbonay back in. But Zach Charbonay is a three down back. I think he's a true three down back. This dude can catch passes. He had ninety five catches in three seasons and twenty touchdowns over the last two in the NFL. You know, there's not a lot of cap space for this team. I think he's going to go somewhere else and be a three down back. I think the worst case scenario, honestly would be that he re signs an extension with the Seahawks and now it's him and Jedarien splitting things up, just like it was with Kenneth Walker and zach Scharbonay maybe more positive on his end because he'll be getting the touchdowns, But I think if he looks healthy at the end of this season, I think a team is going to spend on him in free agency to bring him in and make him a three down back in twenty twenty seven. So this is rare for me because I usually like to look more in the here and now in Dynasty. I like to look in the three year window, and this is yet another guy that I am lower on the ECR for twenty twenty six because I don't think he comes back anytime soon, and I believe in Jadarian Price. But when he does come back, I do believe in charbon Ay more than I do in a lot of other backs to be a three down back for another team. I think he can do a full Javonte Williams and as a younger man as well. So that is my positivity on Sharbonay. You know, I would say by him in the middle of the year, when guys start getting hurt, il spots ir spots start filling up right and teams are frustrated with holding this guy. That is when you trade for him. Specifically, if you're a bottom feeder in your league in Dynasty, you go get him this year because he's going to be very cheap. Gonna be frustrated holding a hurt guy, and that's where you go get him for cheap, and then in twenty twenty seven he could pay off very well and you're not gonna have to pay anywhere close to that price for him specifically in season.
Speaker 1: Jendarium price is RB twenty in ECR in Dynasty, Zach Charbonne is RB thirty, So they're exactly ten spots apart. What should that gap be I have?
Speaker 2: I have Sharps at twenty two and I have Price at twenty one, So so I had out a.
Speaker 1: Gap at all, no gap, I because I think that like Fit isn't quite as high on price, like even for this year. I feel like because I feel like when I look at Jendarium price that he is going to have such a long runway with Seattle to start his rookie season that I mean, if he just is flat out bad, then obviously yeah he won't have value, but he will have so much opportunity early on that I really am viewing this as like it's his his backfield this whole year. I know that there is a world where during the Fantasy playoffs, Jarbonne is now the lead back again and Price isn't getting that opportunity anymore. But to your point, like he's not going to be back until like Thanksgiving, and then you're just talking about a few weeks they're gonna want to ramp them up for the playoffs. This is a team that is their eyes are set on February, not on December.
Speaker 2: Like, I also don't know what Price is so much opportunity, We don't know what price is true ceiling is right, like because he had yeah, yeah, and Jeremi I Love has said, hey, look Jared Brice can do everything I can do. I think he definitely deserved to be a first round running back. So you know, I know that's caping up for your teammate and all that stuff, but yeah, I mean, let's look at the teams that might have ourb issues next year. Right. The Colts and Bengals both have JT and Jamar or Chase Brown excuse me, as free agents. What's going on with the Bears is if Swift is gone. Is an on guy the guy maybe the Commanders, the Vikings, the Titans, the Jags. May not have a primary running back on their team right now. Your boy Derrick Henry is long in the tooth. If the Ravens win the Super Bowl, maybe he hangs it up. Montgomery is old. Is there a guy in Carolina right now? There are plenty of running back situations that could use a Charbonne next year. So I think that specifically, if he looks good at the end of the year, he's going to get a job. But I think even if he signed as a flyer, he will earn a job. And he is a three down back in my opinion, so I think he gets just cheap right now, and I have him much closer to his higher end. I believe his range from the second highest is twenty one to thirty eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, definitely on the higher end here. Yeah, I do you want to see him stay? Like, where would you be his ultimate landing spot in your ideal scenario Carolina?
Speaker 2: You know they have a new quarterback next year. They have tet going and maybe Jalen Cocher is something you bring in. Darien Mensa or somebody to this team and watch them go bring in Leonora Sellers. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Next class, would you trade a twenty twenty seven second for sharbone if you're a team that's looking at the future.
Speaker 2: If I'm pretty sure I'm a contender, I would do that. If I'm rebuilding, I think I might hold out and see what happens with sharbon A. And because there are some good backs in this class as well.
Speaker 1: Okay. Today's show is brought to you by our presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet Sportsbooks. Some sports fans call this the slow period until football season, but on hard Rock Bet we call it baseball season. There's a full slate almost every day for you to bet on your favorite teams and players, build epic same game parlays, and even live bet every inning from first pitch to the final out. However you like to play ball, hard Rock Bet has you covered. And if you think baseball is too slow, think again. The average first inning last just seventeen minutes, making first inning bets one of the fastest and most exciting ways to get in on the action. Will there be a run or will it be a no run? First inning? You can even parlay first inning bets for an even bigger potential payday. So if you're ready to step into the batter's box, sign up with hard Rock Bet today. In place a five dollar bet, if it wins, you get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets on top of your winnings. That's right next to one hundred and fifty dollars in your accounts. Plus, hard Rock Bet gives you new promos every single day. We're talking no sweat bets, profit boosts, bonus bets and more. Open hard Rock Bet now and see what you've got today. And sure, hard Rock Bet is Florida's only legal sportsbook, but you don't have to be in Florida to join the party. Hard Rock Bet is also live in Arizona, Ohio, and New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, Colorado, and Michigan, with more states on the way. So download hard Rock Bet and swing for the fences today. Payable in bonus bets, not a cash off or offered by the Seminole Tribe of Florida. In Florida offered by Seminole hard Rock Digital LLC and all other states must be twenty one and over and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida called one eight three to three play wise. In Indiana, if you were someone you know has a gambling problem and wants to help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. In Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia called one eight hundred my reset gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, and Tennessee. Bogman, You've got another running back for.
Speaker 2: US, Jordan Mason. And this is this might be a point of contention between Welsh and I because I've never been in on Jordan Mason. And you know he's drafted by the Niners. Welsh liked him all that stuff and got traded, Welsh being a Niners fan here. But uh, look, he had a shot to take this job last year. Now, I will granted all this stuff I just said about Kyler Murray, you know, and him, he's going to look better than what they had last year, right because they had a guy that wasn't ready, a broken guy and a guy that will never be ready at quarterback last year, so he faced I believe I looked this up BEFO. It was the most eight men in the box for the Vikings since KOs took over, right, obviously, because the passing game wasn't working, so you stack more guys in the box. So let's just say he didn't get a fair shake last year? Right, is he going to get one this year? There was some nice Fantasy Points numbers on him. Thirteenth in explosive run percentage, ten and success rate, eighteenth in stuff percentage, and eleventh to miss tackles force per attempt. Those are pretty good. But he is a one dimensional runner anyway you cut this right. He is not a pass catching back at all. He had twenty five. He's had twenty five catches in twenty eight catches in four seasons as a pro, and he had twenty four as a collegiate athlete, a collegiate running back as well. So you just take him off the field at that point. So what are you getting? Maybe the high end I think of what you could get from Jordan Mason is probably what charbon Ay did last year, which is you want him to score twelve touchdowns? But is Jordan Mason gonna score twelve touchdowns? I don't see that in him, you know that. I like dem and Claiborne. Obviously, there's been a lot of positivity on him early in camp. I know his teammates have called they're taken to calling him Lightning, and somebody said it's the closest I've seen to teleportation in real life, which is all just you know, talking up your guys and everything. But I think Claiborne fits this offense a little bit better than Jordan Mason does. I think Jordan Mason's long term outlook in the NFL is as a short yardage back, a goal line back, something like that. I don't He's definitely not a three down back, and I don't think he can sustain being a lead back for a team. I think there's just too many good backs in the NFL, too many guys that are better than him. And whether that is coming in after the season or during the season, or if Claiborne beats him out, or if Aaron J. Zones doesn't have to fight through hamstring, toe, shoulder and hip issues, which he might, he is you know old they let him go and then brought him back. They weren't really worried about losing Aaron Jones. I understand that, but he is going to be the lead back again to start. So I'm just not a Jordan Mason guy. His range is thirty three to fifty five, and I have him at fifty two. His overall ECR is forty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just look at him and like some of the rankings are like, he's forty five, like you said in ECR. Right behind him, Nicholas Singleton, Dylan Samson, Chris Rodriguez, Emmett Johnson. You'd like those next four names? All I see more upside than with Jordan Mason.
Speaker 2: Give me EMMITTT Johnson, all dang man, give me timms Jampson.
Speaker 1: I like Sampson a lot last year and Judgingon's coming off the injury, give me Chris Rodriguez to maybe have a good, nice little touchdown run hot and ye scoring the season. Like I I it's hard to envision it with Mason short term man long term for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just it. It's like, is he good enough to hold off them? He wasn't good enough to hold off from them drafting and running back this year. So if none of the running backs work this year, work, well, they're definitely gonna go after somebody next year. So I just I don't see it. With Jordan Mason, I never really have. I kind of always thought he was a jag and I think he's gonna prove to be that this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're in agreement on this one. So let's move to the wide receivers here. First name up, Rashi Rice. I actually just did a show with Tom Strachan earlier today. It was a redraft episode, not Dynasty, but we talked a bit about how ra she Rice is sort of a make or break player in drafts this year. So it's funny for me to then see you put him on this list of polarizing players to rank in Dynasty, which basically confirms that, yes, kind of a make or break could go in a couple of different directions. Here. The ECR rank is I believe wide receiver twenty five. You got him a bit higher than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I talked about him as a landmine potentially for twenty twenty six as well on a show on the regular NFL channels. So in Dynasty though, I was surprised to see him as a wide receiver three because it's just bizarre to me that for this season is ECR and twenty twenty six is wide receiver eleven. That's a wide receiver one. That's your first wide receiver off the board. I can't trust this guy to be a wide receiver one for my season. He's had injury issues and obviously off the field issues, but to bury him as a wide receiver three, I you know, first in YAK per reception fourth, and targets per route run eleventh, in receiving yards per game fifteenth and mistackles fourth, force per reception fifth, and PPR points per game at eighteen point eight. He's a UFA after this year, So maybe that is what people are worried about, like the Chief's not bringing back He's got this off the field stuff. You know. Okay, but what quarterback can't throw the ball short to a guy that makes guys miss and has the most YAK per reception. I think he can succeed in any offense that he's put into. All it is with him is staying on the straight and narrow off the field. If he can do that, then there is a lot of upside, So I was just surprised to see him as a wide receiver three, even if it's the first wide receiver three, you know, and not a wide receiver two. I think in both instances, I think for this season and for Dynasty, he should be a firm wide receiver two. I wouldn't push him down to three, and I also wouldn't push him up to one. So I just I was kind of surprised both ways on Rashi Rice this season. So I'm lower on him in the ECR for twenty six and higher in Dynasty. Again. Another weird one, which is, I mean, this guy's gonna be on the cover of our SEO stuff for sure, it's for Shehi Rice. This is a show made to talk about Rashi Rice. He is very polarizing.
Speaker 1: When I was talking to tom or earlier on that episode, I wasn't really considering the Dynasty angle. I was really just thinking about this year, and I felt pretty strongly that I was going to be lower than consensus in twenty twenty six. I find it harder to rank in Dynasty for the reasons you laid out. How do you feel about the chiefs in general? As an offense to target or not target for your dynasty rosters, because there was a time when it was like, Savi, you're worthy getting pushed I know, your Texas guy, but getting pushed up because he's paired with Patrick Mahomes like anybody. You know, Clyde Edwards deals didn't pan out.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but you.
Speaker 1: Know, people, oh opportunity with the Chiefs. You know, I mentioned this on the other show too. You listen to a lot of these like off season you know, NFL head co rankings podcasts from folks in the industry and as well, does Andy Reid still have it? You know, getting older, offense feels less innovative or is it just the up and down the last couple of seasons of Mahomes And it's not really Andy Reid's fault. Is it the lack of pass catching weapons, which, of course you know over she Rice can be one of those weapons. It's just I find it hard to sort of put my finger on the pulse of how invested I want to be in the Chiefs going forward. Not that I don't want to be invested in them, I'm just not quite sure like kind of where they stand in terms of the offense, is that I want to get as many pieces as I can and what I expect them to be long term, because I think there's still a world where was she Rice's long term if he gets on the straight and arrow, you know, in terms of the off field stuff, where he is you know, the new Travis Kelcey for Mahomes just that wide receiver instead of tight end for the next six years, and you are thrilled if you got him at a discount in Dynasty. But I think there's also a world where, even setting aside the off field stuff, which of course does that is a huge thing, where maybe the offense has changes and Andy reid uid isn't what he used to be and it's just less creative. And I know he said, do you think Rice can survive in any offense? It'd be good in any offense, but it just looks a little different. So how much do you want to be invested in Casey in general?
Speaker 2: I mean, as long as Mahomes is there, I still want to be involved. And I think that I think we did this in fantasy a little bit. If you remember when Brady towards acl right and things weren't going the right way for fantasy wise, for Brady and for the Patriots. I think we did this a little bit. And I'm not saying Patrick Mahomes is Tom Brady, but I am saying that we have done this in the past with some of these top upper echelon quarterbacks in NFL history, or like we've overlooked them and thought, ah, here's comes the big injury, here comes the slide, and even you know, maybe Andy Reid has gone all of that stuff. But I want, you know, I want whatever wide receiver is attached to Patrick Mahomes because I've seen them be successful. I've seen Travis Kelcey have an enormous career. We've seen Rachi Rice have monster fantasy seasons. I still hold out hope for my guy, Xavier Worthy, not as much as I had coming in, but I still hold out hope for Xavier Worthy with that explosive speed, for it all to click, because we saw how dangerous Tyreek Hill was with Patrick Mahomes, right, So I still am in there. The town is on thee there will be it'll be tough when Andy Reid leaves, and you know what has he got left? At most four seasons, you know, probably less than that I understand that at some point Andy Reid is going to be gone during Patrick Mahomes's career. I get that, But the town's on the field. Mahomes is the guy, so I think they'll build a nice offense around him. And you know, I don't like the fact that they have to keep adjusting his salary and all that stuff to fit the other guys around him. Maybe that'll keep him more lukewarm than I'm expecting. But I expect Mahomes to bounce back decently, and I think long term, I want this is the opposite, right, I want Richie Rice in Kansas City with Patrick Mahomes. But again, even if he's not a guy that can catch it short and run with it, I think can succeed in any offense. So as long as these injuries aren't constant with him, I think he's going to be okay. So but you know, you bake in the off field risk. I get that. I'm just I guess I'm not as risk averse in that. For Rashi Rights, there's still a lot of upside here. Again, can't get him a wide receiver one his range is nine to thirty seven, right, So I'm definitely on the high end at sixteen. I just can't get him down as wide receiver. Three.
Speaker 1: If today's show has changed how you value any of these players ahead of your startup drafts, make sure your rankings reflect it. With the cheat sheet creator, you can build custom rankings, move your favorite targets up, push risky players down, and create a board that matches your own strategy. Go to fantasypros dot com slash sheet and build your custom cheat sheet today. A couple more receivers here at Bogman do you want to go to next?
Speaker 2: Let's go to Denzel Boston, another player I'm lower on for twenty six but higher on in dynasty obviously, I think most people are. But how will the ball be distributed in Cleveland? And who is the quarterback? I think is going to matter a lot. And I think you know, obviously the Browns still have Harold Fannin, but they had nobody else last year, right, it was him and the ghost of Jerry Judy or whatever we want to call what he's doing now. It's not being a premier NFL wide receiver. I know that. So they bring in Casey Kncepsion, they bring in Denzel Boston. I'm guessing Deshaun Watson is going to start the year as disgusting as I think that is. I think he is done. I don't think he's the same guy after his Achilles tear and all of his off the field problems. I would love to see Shador get another shot at this and then you go in next year with all of these options in the draft. That's what I would do. But we're gonna see Shador get it. Look, because he'd been paid so much money, they want to at least see a little bit of him. How is this ball going to get distributed? Because everything was going to was funneled to fannin last year because they didn't have anybody else, Right, So will Casey kceptsi On step up? Will Denzel Boston step up? Who is going to be the main guy in this offense? Is still gonna be fan in That is more than acceptable to me. He was great. But Denzel Boston, I think I think people see the way that he works and they see some Keon Coleman in there, a tall, fast guy you know where there's big swings in this type of a player, right, But he was seventh in PFF receiving great and receiving touchdowns out of one hundred and ten qualified wide receivers in college last year third and contested catch percentage ten for thirteen. He went there twenty ninth in yards per route run, sixteenth in a dot as well. Concepcian was twenty seventh in the yards per route run. Pretty good metric that transfers pretty well to the NFL. But he is hard to rank to me because I don't know how the ball is going to be distributed here and nobody does. So his ECR is forty eight. I have him at thirty six, but his range, dude goes from twenty four, and I think that's Debro if I'm not mistaken. I think Debro is the guy that had him at twenty four and it goes all the way down to sixty seven. That is a massive range, even for a rookie to have. So there's some real real believers to push him up to a low end wide receiver two. I'm pushing him to a low end wide receiver three, like on that wide receiver three four border, and I kind of feel like that is me waving the white flag a little bit on him. But his ECR is wide receiver forty eight, So I'm definitely more positive. Maybe I'm being a little too Pollyanna, but it might not even be in twenty twenty six that he succeeds. It might be when they get a better quarterback. Maybe Sanders doesn't work out, maybe Watson. They don't figure anything out this year and they take somebody else, then how is the ball going to be distributed? Right? So there are It seems to me that there are so many ranges of outcomes for every pass catcher in this offense that it makes him a little more difficult for me to rank.
Speaker 1: Debro is the high man. I just looked it up. All your talking he is having currently Maybe that's not updated, I don't know, but he currently has him wide receiver twenty four, so.
Speaker 2: Buying in probably higher than he has conceptsi on then, and I think feel like there are camps building right like Conceptcion is maybe more of a play guy. Maybe that's what we're thinking. I talked to Tara today in a Q and A. She seems to think that Casey Conceptscian is more of the possession guy. That's kind of how I see him as well, with big play upside. But I think Boston can succeed as well. I'm a little fearful that this takes away from Fannin. Do you think it takes away from Fannin or do you think it's no, we know what we have in Fannon, so let's get the ball to him.
Speaker 1: It's a good question. I just think when I look at this receiving room in general, it's like it's a new offense, you know, first time head coach Todd Munkin. We don't know what the long term quarterback allocy is. They're probably gonna give you to her chance, right obviously, but like maybe Shaun Watson's getting Like also, if you just said about the quarterback situation and from mouths to feed right, two guys drafted inside the top forty plus a tight end that just broke out last year. So it's like, it's not that I see it as any one like, oh, this makes it worse for Fannin or whatever. It's just for all the pass catchers that you would consider fantasy relevant, dynasty relevant, and on this team, it's just like there's there's not just one question mark, right, It's not just the quarterback. It's not just that good. It's just a lot of question marks, So that makes it hard to feel like it's easy to invest in any of them. Not that you shouldn't invest in any of them, but that it makes it, I think more difficult to try and play whack a mole with who the right investment is at cost.
Speaker 2: And it might be that on a week to week basis as well, specifically with those two stud wide receivers being rookies and one of them can float to the top, one of them could not work out. It's it's it's gonna be a long season in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: We know that I think Fannin will get his opportuity, like I think they will. They know what that they found something with him last year and got lucky that they got him third round, and we'll kind of continue to take advantage of him breaking out last year. Is my guess, you ever know. I mean again, this isn't the head coach that drafted him, right, this is you know. So it's hard to say for sure, but my guess is that he'll be fine. And it's about Boston versus CONCEPTSIO and for who can get the those other targets. Let's go to your last receiver here. Earlier, I said, I don't think there's a player with more on field wider range of outcomes than.
Speaker 2: You stole it. I was gonna steal it back.
Speaker 1: This guy might be the way. I didn't want to spoil it by saying this, but I think Travis Hunter might have a wider range.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, what is the plan here? Right? Like his ECRs wide receiver fifty five, I mean I have him in the seventies. His range is twenty five to ninety one. I had no idea who would put him up at twenty five. There's three guys in front of him right now, right it is BTJ, Jacoby Myers, and Parker Washington are all in front of him. They're gonna play more thirteen personnel this year. Obviously they went out and drafted Porkshire and Cozy All. They extended Brenton Strange, right. I think the biggest question in this offense is who is going to be the main RB. He's gonna be Sea Rod. I expected to be Touton, but Sea Rod is in there as well. But Travis Hunter plays on the other side of the ball, and he could be a premier corner. And if you get that from him, with the way this roster is built, I think it is more important for him to play on the defensive side than it is on the receiving side. But my whole thought process of Travis Hunter coming in was, this is shot con. You know. I don't know if you saw the thing about him ghosting Patrick Graham in a head coach interview a couple of years ago. But the guy owns ecw Right, Like I thought, Okay, you trade away picks to go get Travis Hunter to sell Jersey, so you're clearly gonna put him on the offensive side. Well, then Parker Washington broke out last year they traded for Jacobe Myers. All this a sudd worked out. But let's just remind you of why he might be. Travis under might be the best wide receiver on this roster today. When he won his heis been fourth and receptions fifth, and receiving yards eighth, in receiving grade eighth and miss tackles force twelfth and contesta catch percentage nineteenth in YAK in the Nation, playing both ways right, playing both ways every game, every play for most of it. I mean, this dude was putting up one hundred snaps a game. It felt like most of the time. So Travis Hunter is an elite athlete. He could really do anything he wants, and it's just really difficult to know where to put him. I just don't think they're playing him on offense much this season, And if they don't do it this year, how's it going to translate? Because I think wherever you put him, he's going to succeed. So if he is a corner, I think he's gonna be an elite level corner, right Why would you take him out of that spot? That's why I'm lower on him. But my god, he really could be a stud on offense if that's the way they decide that. I just think it's too big of an if, and I think he got to keep him on the defensive side. With all these stud wide receivers that the Jaguars currently have, we're having a hard time ranking Jaguars wide receivers for twenty twenty six because it's a bundle of them, don't you know. There's BTJ camps, there's Parker Washington camps, and Jacobe Beyer's played more snaps in Parker Washington when he got traded and they extended him. So I this is a hard situation on its face to know, but when you dig a little deeper, it gets even harder. Throwing Travis Hunter into this.
Speaker 1: Mix, it's also like it's so extra tantalizing because the last game we saw of his was his best game. Fourteen targets, eight catches, hundred one yards and a touchdown against the Rams, who were really good. Like that's what a lasting memory to then carry you through the rest of his rookie season despite the poor start. And I just, like I've said this before, I just don't want to be the guy riding this roller coaster. I want to let somebody else have the headache. I want to let somebody else wish on the upside. And the upside is obviously there. I mean there were I saw people comp him to like a shorter Justin Jefferson when he was coming, Like if he was just strictly as a receiver when he came into the NFL, like as elite as it gets, as an athlete, like you said, but also smooth and like a good receiver, not just an athlete at receiver.
Speaker 2: And fluid and really like tracking the ball man.
Speaker 1: And if they just said, if they just said, hey, he's the best receiver on the team. We think receivers more valuable than the cornerback. Let's just let him be a stud there. Like it there. I don't think it's totally out of the realm of possibility that he would be like a wide receiver one that there's so many things that would need to happen to get there. It's obviously not likely, but like that upside is still in him. I think we would all agree and just base Peroly on talent. But it seems to the team's roster construction, like you said, it would be better for him to play on defense.
Speaker 2: And I think we're going to see him succeed there quickly, right like very quickly, and that it's gonna be hard to pull him off the field. And monterak Brown was great last year as well. Look at his PFF grade. He was awesome last season. So this secondary for Jacksonville monterak Brown and Travis Hunter, you might have two shutdown corners, two lockdown corners if you led him on offense. If you have that, if you.
Speaker 1: Were the one who you know, drafted him in your rookie draft with like the fourth overall pick last year. And it feels like this a lost asset, would you rather hold and hope that we see the upside and just kind of hope for I don't want to call it a miracle, but hope for like a really fortunate outcome, or what is the draft pick capital you would sell him for and say, let me just get out from out of here and at a loss, because it would be at a loss.
Speaker 2: Obviously there's variance here as well, because I think that the team that trades for Travis Hunter is a team that is struggling this year and you're just looking for the upside play. You're waiting, you know, a lot, like we talked about with Sharbona, someone getting frustrated. This guy is on my bench or on my ir and he's just eating up an IR spot and I have three other guys and I just, you know, let me trade him for a third round pick and just get him off my roster so I can make this work. I think Travis Hunter is one of those guys as well, right where if you're rebuilding, trade a third, trade a fourth, go get him, you know, see if you can go get him. Trade a piece that is not a long term option that on your team that is popping, like say, let's say Bill crossky Merrit's having a big year and he's sitting on your roster. I don't think whatever Bill krossky Merrit does, I don't think it's going to be earth shattering this year. So trading for Travis Hunter and a late pick and see if it works out for you, you know what I mean? Like that is the team that needs to go acquire him. If I'm rostering him, Do I want to trade him if I'm winning and he's clogging up a spot? Yeah, I would say. But the deeper my benches are, the deeper my benches, the more you know spots I can hold, the more likely I am to keep him. Just to see right, So if you if you're in a dynasty with a particularly short bench for whatever reason, that is the case where you know, if my team is good, I'm probably looking to move Travis Hunter. But I think everyone that turns into a bottom feet of this year should at least be trying to go get Travis Hunter, even if he's not playing a lot of wide receiver, because you never know what could happen, right, And specifically, if he's not traded playing a lot of wide receiver, he's gonna be ultra cheap, so that is where I would go get him. But like you said, like we've just gone through this, this is you know, you could put Rashi Rice or Travis Hunter on the cover of this show's art. So because these are very, very polarizing guy, it's not surprising to see them on a list like this.
Speaker 1: All right, let's wrap things up by talking about your favorite tight end here, Bogman, Dalton Kincaid. Why did he make the list for you?
Speaker 2: I think because I have to acknowledge the upside of Dalton Kinkaid, right, Like, there's been a lot of down talk about Dalton Kinkad from me and fits here, but we do have to admit that there's a little bit of upside here. I still think he's the best receiving tight end in Buffalo. If he does truly feel the best that he's felt in his NFL career, that would be huge for him moving forward. But what we've seen is a guy that has not been able to stay on the field the last year and a half, right since the I think it was Week nine in twenty twenty in twenty twenty, for he has not been really healthy since then. This PCL injury, which again this offseason he decided to not have surgery for and just kind of rehabit the same way. I think, you know, the way that I see it just could be a little flawed because with McDermot done, it's still Joe Brady calling the plays on offense, right, and they love Jackson Hawes as a blocker, they really do. And Dawson Knox is more complete than Dalton kin Kate is. I think, so you know what is Dalton Kin Kate's true role here right? Is it to be one of the main pass catchers. You added Dj Moore, you added Skyler Bell as well. Kean Coleman has not popped yet, So if more and Shakir both work, then there might not just be a lot for any of the tight ends in Buffalo. But if Dj Moore is a little washed, like a lot of people are thinking, and Shakiir is not going to take another step, Skyler Bell's a rookie, right, is kin Kid going to be a major part of this offense. I do think that that is within the realm of possibility, and that is what is keeping his ECR high in Dynasty Still tight end elevenies tight end one. To most people, his range is seven to twenty three. I have him at sixteen, so and that's after moving him up because I felt like I moved him down a little too far earlier this year. So I just I don't know. Even in Dynasty, I feel like I give me Brenton Strange still over Dalon Kinkaid, maybe even Mark Andrews for a couple of years, and then I'll go find in the tight end later. I just don't know. I don't know what Kinkaid is going to be. You know, he's going to turn twenty seven this season. He's had injury issues, he hasn't been a major factor in this offense for a year and a half, and he played in over fifty percent of snaps in four games last year. It's just not getting it done. That's definitely not tight end one territory. I would say that it's still in there if he is healthy, but I don't know if I buy that he feels as healthy as he has without surgery for this PCL injury that's dogged him for a year and a half.
Speaker 1: The only pushback I would give is like, does it feel right that dog Kinkaid is ranked as a tight end one. No, but you get past the top eight and I'm not sure who is supposed to be there A good point, pretty locked down in in my opinion, Bowers, McBride, Loveland, Warren Kraft fan in the port of Pits, quibble with the order. All you want to me, those are the clear eight names. Then it's like just an ECR. I'm looking at Kenyan, Sadik, Eli Stowers are nine to ten. We've never seen them play a snap and they're both in you know, we don't know what their situation is going to look like. Stours with the tight who's in the tight end room? Sadik, what the quarterback is long term? Kinkaid at eleven, Ronda Gadsden, who had a really hot month and has pretty much done nothing else as a fifth round rookie.
Speaker 2: I got at twelve and still so.
Speaker 1: I mean Isaiah Likely, who I love and have talked up a lot, But like you know, I don't know what the offense is going to look like in New York this year. I think there's a lot of question marks there and he's never been a number one guy before. Kittle, who's older and coming off the knee injury. You know, ferguson, how much upside is there? Strange, You already mentioned Chicka Kokuo, I like a lot. He hasn't done it. We're not getting down to like tight end seventeen. It's had an eighteen. Is Mark Andrews, who's older. The point is, I don't think there's a very obvious tight end nine. So if somebody wants to have Kinkaid in that nine ten eleven range, I think I think it's okay. But that's more because there's so much uncertainty with the guys outside the top eight than it is me wanting to plant my flag on Kinkaid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have likely Sours, Sadik Kittle, Strange Andrews Ferguson, those are the guys that I have ahead of him, right, But I have the guys in the tier above are only likely Sours and Sadiq, And that is witsh casting on the rookies, right. We know tight ends are really finicky and where they work. You know, I would have had if Ben Sinnett was coming out in twenty twenty six here, I would have had Senate ahead of him as well, and he has not worked out at all, right, I Gunnery Helm probably would have been close to that as well, and Gunnar helm Saw has a chance to easily surpass him. I might be too low on him and Delp right, So you know Aj Barner, you know Fitz is the biggest Terrence Ferguson fan.
Speaker 1: We know all these guys maybe equals by me. We talked about every time we do one of our streams when it's just the two of us. I love Ferguson to fits my likeing more, but I like him a lot too, I would say Bogman like in just looking at this exercise and thinking about Kinkaid's ranking, like, I really do feel like if I was in a startup right now, I want to get one of those first eight, or I want to wait and take a swing on like a terrace Ferguson or a position I need or take like you know, a late round Mark Andrews in a dynasty startup because of the age and just say I'm going to address this position next year.
Speaker 2: Take a book, take Andrew Ferguson and this year and Ferguson for the future.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not want somebody who's currently in tier three at the position. It's just it's not appealing to me in a startup draft.
Speaker 2: Agreed. Yeah, I'm I'm I'm with you, so you know it, uh we I I understand the upside for Kincaid and like I said, that's why I put him here because I've also had him on you know, hate shows. Uh, but I do have to acknowledge there is still upside for Don Kinkaid, and as you mentioned, after the top eight, it does get real hairy. It's very very opinion based at that point.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yeah, the players we struggle to rank that could have been the six different tight ends in this like that are it's a struggle to rank. So I think that's yes to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, So, yeah, those are those are my guys that I've had a tough time with.
Speaker 1: I would say we'll go ahead and wrap things up there. Thanks everybody for checking out the polarizing players we struggle to rank. For Bogman and for Fits who's hopefully having a great time again right now, I'm Ryan warmly. Thanks everybody for tuning in. We'll see again next time. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review. On Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros