Speaker 1: Who Do Who? Two brand new show announcements today, brand new shows, I repeat, do not skip this. First of all, if you could not get tickets in time to my special taping on April first at the Slipper Room in New York, I just added a late show and tickets are available for that now and they are only ten dollars. And second, we are doing our first ever Lesbio Lab live at the Bell House on April sixteenth in New York. All queer woman lineup and each of them is going to bring us a lesbian topic instead of a straight topic to teach us about. It's going to be groundbreaking, it's going to sell out, So get those tickets at the Bellhouse's website April sixteenth. And once again, if you want to go to my special taping and weren't able to get tickets for that first one that's sold out, the late show is now on sale April first at the Slipper Room. Tickets to everything are in my bio and in Straighter Labs Instagram bio. And that is it.
Speaker 2: We have ya.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 3: Podcast starts. Now, what were you saying, George that sweaters Yes, well, it's my needless to say it's vintage, I would assume, well, it's vintage, of course, but it's my boyfriend's dads from the past.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm so glad you brought this up via an answer to a question that I.
Speaker 3: Posed, because here's my question. Stop trying to take credit. It was my answering.
Speaker 1: God, I asked that question. Otherwise we would be silent and have nothing to talk about. And thank god, I'm the one carrying this podcast on my back by asking questions.
Speaker 3: If I didn't have the amazing and accurate answer of who it belonged to, we would not have anything for you to jump off.
Speaker 1: If you don't think I did my own research and you that that would be the answer so that I could bring up my prescripted topic, you don't know anything about all these years later. So here's my question for you. I recently there was a shirt hanging in our bedroom. I put it on to go get the takeout. First of all, obviously so sexy, so far would you agree? Of course, it's a shirt that does not belong to me.
Speaker 4: I'm putting it on, I'm sort of buttoning, only only buttoning one button, needless say bottomless.
Speaker 1: My coccus fully out I go get the takeout and I come back and I'm like, Matthew, I've never seen you wear the shirp before, like is it new? And he was like, yeah, it's actually my my dad's old shirt. And I couldn't decide whether that was.
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Am I meant to feel about that? You mean like, yes, it's like I'm like, well, I was in my mind, I was being so Cameron Diaz sexy by wearing my boyfriend shirt. Suddenly it belongs to my father in law. No, it actually broke my brain because I'm like, oh, well, okay, then.
Speaker 3: Like, well, well I think it's well shirt.
Speaker 1: Well we should we should see your dad. I haven't seen him in a while.
Speaker 3: I think you're allowed to feel You're still out to feel Cameron Diaz about it. Really, I'm actually like transient property, like feeling like it's like when I put this on, I'm like, like, and it fit like a glove. I was like, God, it's meant to be. I was like, I was like my boyfriend's dad sweater if it's so perfect.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, see, even as you're saying that, I'm like I feel uncomfortable. Yeah, but it does look really good on you thank you.
Speaker 2: And I've worn his shirts in the past.
Speaker 3: I don't even remember I had the It was this like sort of hawaiianish, like small green leaves and like a blue shirt. Oh I know. It was a staple of my wardrobe, my summer summer wardrobe, and that was his shirt and I wore it till it was torn and shredded.
Speaker 1: So there's something about our state to be monetized. I think one of those brands should release a father in law shirt that is like specific you know, boyfriend jeans whatever. This should be specifically like ever so slightly unfashionable and you know, seventies targeting women.
Speaker 3: George, this is so genius.
Speaker 1: The father in law, the father in law sh Beverlaine, the father in law shirt, the way that you're like tapped into sort of you know, New York media fashion, et cetera. Oh, I can make it happen tomorrow. Literally give me two seconds, I'll send I'll send three texts.
Speaker 4: Within a week, you.
Speaker 1: Will see the father in law shirt I advertise you on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Well, I just find it scary because like there's something about you know now you I don't live in New York anymore, so I'm like, so you could never make it happen and I couldn't even imagine it, Like yeah, the way that you're like, oh my god, that's a brand deal that is like and not even just like any that's not like, oh, get twenty percent off. You're like, no, I have a new line.
Speaker 1: I'm you know, the way I'm full of good ideas but not full of follow through potential is something that should be studied in research labs across this great nation, including at Johns Hopkins Columbia, various universities. But I do think that if I think my ideal career for myself would be like if I was the Oracle of Delphi, but for branding opportunities, so people if they want it, if they were like, you know, our brand is getting stuff. Who we need new ideas, got to go. I'm smoking some opiates.
Speaker 4: Of course, and then I sort of I'm just like father in law collection really on Valentine.
Speaker 2: I feel the exact same way about music.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, like God, if only like music didn't take like learning instruments and no one being able to sing, because other than that, I like really get it, and it's like.
Speaker 1: Music is really interesting because you actually it takes so much true effort and talent and like follow through to make it, and it is the one art firm that is never rewarded because the music industry is shockingly even worse than the film and television industry, which is really crazy about you have to work so so hard and for nothing.
Speaker 3: Which is why I think I could be so good at it, because like because like I'm not going in with being like I have the talent.
Speaker 2: It's like I'm not I'm skipping that part.
Speaker 1: So what is an exit? Not to put you on the spot, but what level of abstraction are we talking about? Would your idea just be like Shoe Gay's Revival, like just that, like you're you're having a meeting.
Speaker 2: Mine's even less specific.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm literally I'm the gladiator thumb up, thumb down.
Speaker 1: Oh, like I'm you think you can predict if something will be a hit?
Speaker 4: Basically Okay, yeah, am I allowed to talk? I don't know, I know, I keep looking at you guys, look at me, like what do you have to add?
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 4: We're trying to We're trying, like I don't want to be rude, We're.
Speaker 3: Trying to engauge whether or not what we're saying is funny at all.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: And you're the only audience member we have express and so both of us will like say something in the glance, and say something in a glance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exact funny.
Speaker 4: I find it very funny.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you think your secret talent would be?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: Like people can pay you to get a little I.
Speaker 4: Can't share that on the air. Come on, now, well we were just talking about your should we introduced our guests? Oh yes, yeah, yeah, please welcome our dear friend ros Hernandez Hi, Hi, and listener, listener of this pot for a long time, A long time.
Speaker 1: I we met in San Francisco. We're staying in the same hotel.
Speaker 4: My favorite thing in the entire world is seeing people not at home.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, in a different city.
Speaker 4: If I see someone like at home, like in my home city here, I'm like hiding. You know. Look, if I'm in the grocery store, I'm like get this, you know, Lacroix tower in front of me. I don't want to see. I'm not here to talk.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, cause it's like seeing someone at home. You're like, I'm at home. This is like you showing up to my door. Yeah, yeah, and I'm trying.
Speaker 4: It's considered considerate and it's invasive, and it's like you're a you're going door to door or to.
Speaker 1: Like do Jehovah's witness to me stop Mahovah's witness, Whereas like, to me, our hour together that we had in that hotel was like the platonic friendly equivalent of like having an affair at a work conference. Like it's like it's like two you know, kind of unhappily married people meeting at a dental technologies conference. One of them is giving the presentation. He's being kind of bumbly and like he drops his pencil and then picks it back up. But then the woman, whose name is Megan, is actually really charmed by it, and she kind of makes eye contact with him as he's giving the presentation. Later on, at the official lanyard event where everyone's wearing a lanyard, she goes up to him and is like, well, glad you really get that pen from the floor. It was really touch and go there for a second and he's like, oh my god, like you saw that, like I thought no one was looking. And she was like I was looking and.
Speaker 3: He feels attractive for the first time in ten years.
Speaker 4: This is okay. I didn't pick up on it. So for you, it was just like a random gig guy that yeah, yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: That meeting was amazing. There was a point when in San Francisco because we were there for Sketch Fest and so there were a lot of people we know where it did start to feel like I was running out of that lobby with like my hand over my eyes. There was like enough enough running into people.
Speaker 1: Well, you left, and Roz and I walked back to the other hotel together, just the two of us, which is what I'm referencing.
Speaker 3: Oh, so when I met Roz, it didn't matter.
Speaker 4: No, that definitely matters.
Speaker 3: So that matters.
Speaker 1: You're like, I had no connection with you, but that mattered.
Speaker 2: That was when we met.
Speaker 3: It was electric.
Speaker 4: It mattered for sure, especially because we were all going into an elevator and then but there was an act too where you went to the Eagle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Roz introduced me to Rachel Dratch.
Speaker 4: Rachel Dratch was there.
Speaker 1: Okay, we sort of replaced you.
Speaker 4: We actually leary cast you with Rachel Dratch and she did really she was great.
Speaker 1: She was phenomenal. That's amazing.
Speaker 4: I can't remember because it was like the same week I was in Portland, and I can't remember if it was it was after you opened for Joel of Portland. Yes, so I did that before you were.
Speaker 1: We were talking about Joel.
Speaker 4: Because that was such a weird week because as I got out of my uber at the hotel, famous iconic drag Queen Monae Exchange was walking into the same hotel as me, and then we hung out. And then a couple like three or four other friends of mine happened to be in Portland and we ran into each other at the strip club. Oh yeah, and then we and then and then I had a layover because like a flight got camp. It was so weird whatever, and two of my friends from LA were at the layover. It was like so weird and so fun.
Speaker 1: I was telling Sam, I had that exact experience this morning. So I this is my first day in LA during this trip, I ran into two of my closest friends upon waking up today in two different locations, and I was like, maybe this is a small village after all.
Speaker 3: Well, there are the thing about Los Angeles, California, as someone who was born and raised here starting one year ago, is that there are around seven restaurants and maybe four coffee shops, and so when you go to any of those, you will run into at least four people you know totally.
Speaker 1: And this is also why people are always seeing celebrities out in the wild. And then you know, if you when you first visit, you're like, wow, how lucky am I that I saw Drew Barrymore And it's like, not that lucky.
Speaker 3: Actually, it's like, no, that's she has to go.
Speaker 1: That has to go there.
Speaker 2: She wants a coffee, that's where she has to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally. What part is? Do you say?
Speaker 2: What part of the that I'm in?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm in Silver Lake.
Speaker 4: Silver Like, okay, I'm in the valley, but yeah, I'm like, it's very spread out, but you there's certain central locations where I see there. Used to be the arc Light was the movie theater.
Speaker 1: Which I would always run into people at the ark Lay.
Speaker 4: The arc Light is where you see everything. To me, that used to be center of l A but now it's not. It's been out of isn't it. There's so funny Okay, whatever, whatever, whatever, None of this is this is not enough about me. Okay, and I'm here and you're here in I love it here. We were just talking about your proclive proclivity. Proclivity. You're fetish, you're fetish lenses. Okay, I already told you these are not transition lenses. I am that I am being inappropriate because I'm transgender. You're assuming my glasses are then, by default, transition lenses. I would never and now I don't feel comfortable looking at you. And I want it to be clear that these lenses are fully transitioned, but they stay transitioned.
Speaker 3: So they're cisgendered glass.
Speaker 4: They're trans but they're all there's no transitioning.
Speaker 1: They're not in the process of transitioning, is what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Correct, They have transitions and they are like this and this is how they feel most comfortable.
Speaker 1: I see, got it. Just to confirm if you were to go outside, they would not transition any further.
Speaker 3: George, I don't Did she make herself any clearer?
Speaker 2: I don't want transitioning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would be like yeah dead, naming my glass. Oh, I'm so sorry, and making, you know, trying to force them convert them. I see what you're saying to de transition. They don't. They've transitioned. They've made their mind up and they are happy this color and these ones are yellow. I have purple ones. I have pink ones. I love them. That's so inclusive that you have all of those three colors, as they're all fully trans I don't have eddy transitioning lenses and nosis ones either. No, I have a ton You have a ton of on of course, And how are they doing? They're fine, but they have been collecting dusta I am in my transitioned lenses era. I can't stop wearing them. I just love them because I feel like I can kind of like it's like baring sunglasses, Like I feel like I'm like hiding a little bit from the w And it also it's kind of like instant I makeup, like I don't have to do all that. Oh yeah, especially when I wear like pink ones or like whatever, I'm lazy. Okay, that's like it is a real shortcut to glamour to wear transitioned lenses, to use a correct terminology transition. And I apologize for what I said before. That's okay, but it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you you have just a nice like sheen of mystery, but not all the way, not all.
Speaker 3: The way, not all the way.
Speaker 4: That's the thing because if people they are fully transitioned, they're fully transitioned. But the eyes are the window to the soul, yes, and so you want to see the soul.
Speaker 3: Peeking through a little bit.
Speaker 4: And I think that these transitioned lenses really bring my soul out because it's my self actual. Yes, it's authentic. Yeah, I am so much.
Speaker 3: Do you guys remember like being a child and like Bono, like Bono wearing glasses, transitioned glasses and being like what is up with that guy? Like I remember me, like when's he going to take those off? And now all I want is to have them.
Speaker 1: I feel the same. No, this is so the reason I brought up initially your transitioned lenses when before we were recording, is because I have been really wanting to try that look like I want to be at the club. Not quite as much of like statement frames as you have now, but more like kind of Y two K like rectangular or oval, Yes, very thin frames, just those and we're talking like a tank and jeans.
Speaker 4: That's hot.
Speaker 3: I had Okay, over the summer, I was going to a birthday party that there was like on the imitation it was like dress chic or something, and I was like, okay, well I don't really know what could elevate all my normal clothes. And then I was like, I'll wear transitioned lenses. But like they are on trend.
Speaker 1: They are, yes, They're definitely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't realize that, but I'm seeing them all over the place.
Speaker 3: I see them.
Speaker 4: But that I had an original idea. I really did think. Like I was literally looking on a website to my glasses and I was like, that's a fun thought. And then now everyone now I'm not saying I started it, yeah.
Speaker 1: But maybe you did.
Speaker 3: When you started.
Speaker 4: It's sorry, how long have you been living this lifestyle transitions? Just the past like maybe five six months? Oh, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: I no, no, no, But basically these are trending. And I was like, so I'll just go to a store and find them.
Speaker 2: Yea, why is it? Why is there?
Speaker 3: She goes, Why is it that when something's trending, you can't just go to a store and find it, right?
Speaker 4: So first of all, then it wouldn't be trending anymore, because then everyone would happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh you want it before it's at everline, Like, sure, Everlin is going to have father in law jeans and father in law sweatshirts soon, but for now, you actually have to go directly to your father in law to get that sweater vest.
Speaker 3: Okay, So this is a curse of being a little too on trend.
Speaker 1: You have to go to the correct videos to find nineteen ninety nine like Prada sunglasses that are like purple tinted.
Speaker 2: See, this is something I have, this thing.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I'm humble first and foremost, one of the most humble, one of the most.
Speaker 2: Humble people around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in Los Angeles, and so I am. But so when I feel like, oh, I've noticeding this, it's time to go get some myself, I'm like, the trend's probably already in Everlas. But I guess I was just too ahead of the curve on this one.
Speaker 4: I do that all the time, Like I really wait way too long, which like, oh, some record will come out that everyone is listening to and I'm like I don't want to, and then a year later I'll listen to it and I'm like, you guys, or do it with TV shows or something. Nobody even remembers it now, so I'm like, who do I talk to about this?
Speaker 1: I do the same thing, And I actually think it is chic to do that with film and television, Like I think in a year, if I'm watching Amelia Perez, like that would be very chic. But I don't think it's cheek to do it with clothing because with clothing you actually have to be on the cutting edge, that's true, or you have to have such a like uniform that you're the guy that wears blazers and you know whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean just picking for me again, it's because I'm lazy. I am just like I'm gonna wear what I feel like wearing. Yeah, and then it'll just never go to style to me, if you're picking, if you're always trying to shop the trends, the current trend, then you end up with so much shit and you gotta figure out what to do with it, and you gotta find so like, I don't know, I've got My closets are packed to the brim with things that I wear that are they're already out of style, so I'll never have to worry about that. It's my advice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, George, you are famous for recently not listening to songs when they come out, right, not listening to albums when they come out. Yes, and I guess I want to gotcha journalism. You hear and ask if you have listened to Abracadabra.
Speaker 2: Yes, like okay, right, because you watched it. I watched it premiere me.
Speaker 1: I texted you that it existed.
Speaker 4: I have also, and that's very me to not yet I have this time.
Speaker 1: I so in my not in my defense, but what happened was I actually happened to be watching the Super Bowl halftime show live and it premiered, literally, wasn't I'm sorry sorry, Yes, I happened to be watching the Grammys live and it premiered during the Grammys, which I didn't know was going to happen, So it was actually forced off.
Speaker 4: So you were duped. Yes, I was completely duped, and.
Speaker 2: I if it hadn't been.
Speaker 1: If it hadn't been, then it definitely would have taken me like two weeks, because I I don't I don't like having the cacophony of people's opinions in my head as I'm trying to enjoy something for the first time, right, and it's hard enough. I always want to be up to do not the Oscar movies, and it's hard enough to do it with the movies. I don't need that for the new.
Speaker 3: Movies are two hours plus the song is so short.
Speaker 4: First of all, that needs to be in executive order. Movies cannot be longer than an hour twenty five. Oh well, people get very upset when you say that they want long movies.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, film film people will.
Speaker 4: Be like, leave them wanting more. Pt Barnum people literally if you say that, they will be like, so you're a complete dumb ass.
Speaker 1: They're like, you just like cannot appreciate art ever and you basically are illiterate.
Speaker 4: Then I'm a dumb ass with transitioned Lenso.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they'll literally be like, oh, so you want every restaurant to McDonald's.
Speaker 4: Then yes, I do, because you know what, it's consistent. I can find it when I need it.
Speaker 1: On Rezi?
Speaker 4: Okay, wait, should we do it for a segment?
Speaker 3: I want to know a first. But wait, did you say people do bots on Rezi?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's like a big thing.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: There's like actual investigative journalism about this. So I don't want to misspeak, but One of the reasons why getting a reservation right now, especially in New York, is so difficult is because people have automated. People will like automate getting reservations that they then basically like give out in the black market.
Speaker 3: This town makes me sick. I'm disgusted by this town. We mean sort of every every city, I'm disgusted.
Speaker 4: By this Yeah, I mean, it's uh the thing with like another reason I go to McDonald.
Speaker 1: Yes, another reason I go to McDonald's, although give a time. No, it's everything that should be simple is getting more difficult. Everything that should be difficult, like let's say, committing large scale financial crimes has never been easier.
Speaker 3: Wow. And then you know what the worst part is, It's like I know my ass is gonna be the on think it's like audited. Yeah, like the moment I'm like bad at taxes, it's over for me.
Speaker 4: Let's just talk about taxes. I love them.
Speaker 3: Do you what's your favorite part?
Speaker 4: Just like like what do they call the forms where they don't take any money out until later and like a ten night a W nine so fun.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I can't wait till like like ten years from now, be like God, I really really do know.
Speaker 1: Like I'll be like, we'll never learn.
Speaker 2: I'll be like, I'll just have to know I'm ready.
Speaker 4: But we're always like you make sure you you keep a little bit of that for when they come calling for bitch. Absolutely not you pay me money. I spend the money.
Speaker 1: I would like to not even be involved in looking at how much money I have. I would like I would like other people to be in charge of my bank accounts, my paychecks, any kind of paperwork. I don't want to even be able to log into Chase and see what my balance is.
Speaker 3: George, you're so speaking my language. I want essentially chastity play. But for my own money.
Speaker 4: I would like to maybe have a personalized little newsletter, preferably and kind of a fun voice, to be honest, that has sent to me once a quarter, let's say.
Speaker 1: Because Spotify wrapped, Yes, Spotify wrapped. It's like, this is what you've sort of done this month. You gagged on some Chipolt exactly, and then maybe at the end even like two or three very kindly worded suggestions like so it looks like your uber spending is kind of through the roof, Mama.
Speaker 4: What is this, Mama?
Speaker 1: What if you, uh, you know, keep this number in mind, try not to go over it in one week. Yeah, that I can handle.
Speaker 4: That would be nice, but that's not how it is. That is not hire someone.
Speaker 1: And I actually think, you know, so many creatives are out of work in this day and age, so many writers, graphic designers, et cetera. Actually, graphic designers have ever been doing better based on what I'm seeing on Instagram, but writers certainly are unemployed. I think we need little personalized magazines. It's like I I shouldn't have to do any research into my own financial history, but I should get a magazine that is as glossy as Vanity Fair that tells me everything I need to know about what I've done.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's what writers a little gig they exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would be really nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like how I think everyone should have a personal assistant, even if you can't afford it.
Speaker 1: God, it should be funded by the government.
Speaker 2: I'd be so good at having one.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I treat them so well. I would give them the biggest Christmas bonus you can imagine.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. And I like to pay them money, like, oh my god, go home early.
Speaker 3: Seriously, could you imagine.
Speaker 4: I bet you would be really good at having an assistant. Oh my god, I'm so unmanageable. I'm not an adult.
Speaker 3: What so adultings hard? Am I right?
Speaker 1: We've talked about this. Adulting is hard as a concept. Is so, you know, laying cliche millennial and yet damn if it ain't true.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. She got popular for a reason.
Speaker 1: She's been that girl from day one.
Speaker 3: Yes, And it also like just simply used to be easier, Like you used to just have your one job and then you go home at five pm, and then like now it's like you're always doing this random stuff and it's like, yeah, I can't do all my random stuff and my taxes.
Speaker 1: I know, if I say one more sentence, I'm gonna sound so stupid.
Speaker 4: Like I know, I can actually know I'm getting to that point where it becomes, you know, there's a way to be charmingly dumb and charmingly incompetent, and then you say one more thing and you actually seem like a complete loser.
Speaker 1: And I know I'm getting to that point.
Speaker 3: I have a sentence that is the dumbest thing I've ever thought. So whatever you say, Okay, I can one up you Okay.
Speaker 4: Well, apparently it's dumb to say you want movies to be a reasonable time. So now you all.
Speaker 2: Well, I want you to know first, because I really don't.
Speaker 1: I didn't have anything in mind. I just it's like, I'm aware of how I perceive people when they talk about how difficult life is for them, and they have all the privileges in the world, right, and so I'm doubly aware when I am doing that because I know how it comes across, and yet I can't help it, Like it's just the state I'm in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, okay, I can say mine. Okay, this is my dumbest thought and sentence ever. When you said the word magazine, I was like, Maga, and then I was like Zene, like Magaz. I was like, I was like.
Speaker 4: When he learned at the Eagle that night.
Speaker 2: Mago, I'm scared.
Speaker 3: Zine.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, oh, wow, magazine is actually very interesting because it shouldn't be a magazine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how have they not thought of that? Because they're not very smart? Are they geniuses? No one knows, but I think magazine. Okay, here's a great ready, all right, Maga very right wing as a term. Zine is the most left wing possible. You're like fairy, you know, you're kind of like a non binary freelance guitarist in Seattle, and you are self publishing gazine, right, right, So there's something so beautiful about the word magazine because it combines the two elements of American Society's our future.
Speaker 3: It's the only way forward.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and yet publishing is dead. So magazines are dead, which means party worship is dead.
Speaker 3: Which is why we're collapsing as a country.
Speaker 5: That's right, thoughts our first segment Shooters and ras, you know the drill.
Speaker 1: Basically, we are gauging your familiarity with in complicity and straight culture by asking a series of rapid fire questions where we have to choose this thing or this other thing, and the one.
Speaker 4: I'm allowed to ask questions I allowed to ask RAS stop right there bybe I was special.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go. Okay, upholding law and order, or.
Speaker 4: People listening at home. They add the song later, just so you know, because I'm like, where's the song? Yeah, it comes later, So just picture this. I'm I'm doing this right now in silence.
Speaker 3: Okay, upholding law in order or seeming tall.
Speaker 4: Oh then shorter that one and then shorter. I'm six foot one.
Speaker 1: The importance of being earnest, or the disturbance of your home office being unfurnished.
Speaker 4: Oh, of your home office being earnest.
Speaker 3: Okay, healing your inner child or hunting a crocodile.
Speaker 1: Crocodile, wow, Simon says or Simone Biles biles Okay.
Speaker 3: Reheating your nachos or repeating your mantras. That's good.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's cute. Reheating the natos, skims shapewear or Grim's fairy tales. Oh, Grims fairy tales.
Speaker 3: Okay. Going to the Philharmonic, or voting no on a bill that's moronic.
Speaker 4: Oh, bel well, fail me Va Las Vegas or Diva that's major. Diva, that's major Las Vegas. I have a love hate with.
Speaker 3: I don't get it. I've never been and I don't get it.
Speaker 4: Well, you should go and then make up your mind.
Speaker 1: Have you been a lot?
Speaker 4: A ton that actually tracks?
Speaker 3: Wait, white tons, because it's not far. What do you do when you go there?
Speaker 4: Go to the Burbank airport, you're flying, You're there with them before you even realize that. Wow, they don't even come by with a drink cart.
Speaker 2: What do you like to do there or dislike to do that?
Speaker 4: Well? What I love is like there's areas off the strip which are like where the locals are. I like that because.
Speaker 1: What kind of bars and restaurants and stuff or.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, well and I'm a big antique store kind of and there's good antiquing and they're really Yeah, they've got antique malls that are more towards the downtown area, and I have a lot of fun with them.
Speaker 1: Do you gamble?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I don't. But have you have you both seen The Last Show Girl?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Here's the thing with The Last Show Girl. No is the answer. But I've been absolutely waterboarded with so much footage from that film that it's like, I can't imagine that there's something I would be surprised by if I were to see it.
Speaker 3: Would something about it is like sometimes I'm like, is it actually a movie? Like sometimes it's oppressed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a big part of it.
Speaker 1: Because it's like and by the way, I support that narrative that Pamela Anderson deserves. I'm down for a second or this like sort of third act if you will, like I I'm down for it. I'm excited for her to do more movies, but sorry, I know when a movie looks like a flop.
Speaker 4: I'm visually not happy about this. I love real well. I did a thing in Los Angeles that was like this. One theater in Century City was like showing it for a month before it came out, and you better believe I bought my tickets and I loved it.
Speaker 1: Really, it's been this specter because we've actually had this conversation many times and potentially even on air that it like is a press tour in search of a coherent movie even though we have not seen the movie. And it would be funny, after all this time we watched it and both loved it.
Speaker 2: That would be kind of a fun twist.
Speaker 4: There's fun to be had with it. I've heard Jamie Lee is really something and there's like Bob Magee costume, and it's an interesting story of like what do you do when the gigs up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What do you do when the gigs up?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm trying to find that out right now.
Speaker 1: We do need to rate you on a scale of zero to one thousand doves.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say nine hundred and forty two doves.
Speaker 1: And I have to agree wholeheartedly.
Speaker 3: Should we get into the topic.
Speaker 1: I would love to, because we gave you the option of telling us ahead of time what the topic was, and you opted for the second option, which is to surprise us on air.
Speaker 3: Which obviously comes with risks. What if we get upset and.
Speaker 4: Rewards like a risk?
Speaker 1: Okay? And that's why you love Vegas.
Speaker 3: That's because of all the gambling.
Speaker 1: Ro is your straight topic? And what is straight about it?
Speaker 4: UFOs?
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 4: Have you done it before?
Speaker 2: We did space?
Speaker 1: But very different?
Speaker 4: UFOs is different?
Speaker 1: Okay, go what is straight about it?
Speaker 4: Okay? So I have this podcast, it's a comedy podcast, but it's called Ghosted, and I talk about ghosts. And then I've like, over the years incorporated more UFOs as like part of a concept, and I've never been I've never been as interested in UFOs because they feel straighter to me, Like ghosts to me are gay. Okay, yeah, you it's it's cars like it's they're they're.
Speaker 3: It's power dynamics. It's like the destroy are we going to destroy them?
Speaker 1: It's war?
Speaker 4: It's war possibly, but it's also like, first of all, to know what things are in the sky, to me is very straight. Okay, to me, everything up there is an unidentified flying object. I don't know what the fuck any of that ship is the only thing.
Speaker 1: Sorry, go ahead, but.
Speaker 4: You know a lot of people will be, oh, that's uh AS fourteen flying. I don't know what the hell. Yeah, I don't know what that is. But so to me, I don't know, Oh that's a drone. I still don't know what a drone is, Okay, and I'm not afraid to admit it. So to me, knowing stuff in the sky is straight. I think that UFOs. Also, I'm obsessed with alien abductions, and especially like ones of it's weird because they used to be in their butt era and like they're not anymore. They used to be really into sticking things in people's butts, and I think that that's a very straight thing to like to think that that's like a statement.
Speaker 3: It's like fear of it.
Speaker 2: It's like, that's the weirdest thing that could ever happen, right exactly.
Speaker 4: I can't tell you how, but I can't tell you how many straight identifying people I've talked to you They're like I'm kinky, and I'm like, well, what does that mean the butt, girl, that's the kink, you know what I'm saying. But so aliens are straight in that way because they're like, ooh, this is really going to get them talking something on the butt. You know, they really are. They think they think they ate okay by going to the butt, So that there's that, I mean, there's just it's also kind of like are they if so words to believe these aliens are like they're just kind of flying around peeking like that's very like going for a drive with my buddies. You know, it's very that and I don't know, it's just to me. The culture around it is also very straight. It's a lot of conspiracy culture. It's yes, That's part of the reason I'm not like obsessed with it is because like like ghosts aren't as much conspiracy culture. But you start talking about UFOs, it turns into the government, it turns into the military, it turns into like all of this. Before you know it, it's like full on, they want our resources and we get like what girl.
Speaker 1: And there's a barrier to entry.
Speaker 3: You have.
Speaker 1: It's like an entire mythology you have to know to be part of the conversation. Whereas with ghosts, you can kind of be like, did you feel that chill? That's kind of all you need.
Speaker 4: Did you feel that chill? Is like one of the more gay things a person could say. Yeah, Like it's fun to be like, ooh, I just like I just felt something bigger than what you can see exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is sort of what I wanted to This is my way into this topic, which is I think this goes for things up in the sky and also supernatural supernatural paranormal, sure, both paranormal phenomena. I think that the gay approach to the sky and to the paranormal is to be almost like fascinated in a romantic way with the mystery, whereas a straight approach is to want answers deeply, scientifically and violently. So it's like you were saying, like the sky is straight. I think, for example, astrology is very like queer and that's like the sky for or or like stargazing, like just being sort of in wonderment of rainbow yes, exactly exactly, rainbows, going to Iceland to see the northern lights, like all that stuff is very like God, isn't the world just so beautiful? But it stops there, it's just like how amazing, how amazing to look to gaze at infinity, to gaze at all the unknowable, and how great to sort of like be liberated from my small, tiny problems on earth by accepting that I am part of this larger context. So that's like the sort of queer mentality. And then the straight mentality is like what are they not telling us?
Speaker 3: Us?
Speaker 1: And and and then to make it so literal, as there is a literal alien spaceship that is coming down to Earth, it's like, can you be a little more kind of like abstract with it. What if it's a little what if it's some purple sparkle in the wind, What if it's a smell, What if it's you know, a flash of a light.
Speaker 2: Well, this is what I do.
Speaker 3: Like about UFOs is like I love a little sort of writing prompt yes of course, like where it was like, oh my god, it could be anything. What does it look like? Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's fun. I always like, people are always coming to me looking for answers, and I always tell them it's called the unknown for a reason unknown, And that's fun. If we knew these answers, I would be out a bit, I got nothing to talk about on my podcast, and so I have to start out RuPaul's drag Race podcasts or something. Okay, someone needs to fun, someone needs to do that. But I so I have this podcast where we talk about things that none of us know the answers to, which is fun. It's fun to ponder, of course, and to just sort of think about what could be possible. And then you hear these stories of things that kind of imply that some things could be real. But I do agree that there is a type of person that is very much like I need the answers, and I'm like, it's okay to not know everything.
Speaker 1: And actually it can often be more productive to just ask open ended questions and sit with the uncertainty rather than like need something to end with a satisfactory answer. And who knows, maybe maybe there will be answer down the road, and maybe we're just part of this multi generational interrogation. And it's like with each with each passing day and with each passing generation, we learn a little more. And then maybe, you know, I'm assuming a lot of things change in those countries. We live long enough to see another generation, and then you know, our grandkids learn some.
Speaker 3: I do think it would make sense. You know, we're at a point where there's got to be some sort of discovery when it comes to.
Speaker 2: Either ghosts or space.
Speaker 1: Oh you're ready for answers.
Speaker 4: I'm ready for Like we've been asking for generations and time to get to the next one.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sort of like I'm ready to be the generation where, like, you know how there's like the pre Internet generation, You're like, oh my god, those guys are so fucking stupid. Like I'm ready for the pre go to be like the pre ghost generation, the pre UFOs generation, where it's like, can you believe they literally just thought they were like the only people.
Speaker 1: It's like people that used to believe in phrenology and people that used to you know whatever, before various advances in science and medicine, people used to do things that now seem so primitive, And so you want that but for either ghosts or aliens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm also feeling like right now our timeline is like so linear and so like technology based. It's like this game, then this came, then this came, and that made society like this, and I made scided like this where I'm like, we need like a third option, like we need like something to come on on a z axis and sort of spin us in a different direction. What that's very interesting?
Speaker 1: You think that discovering something about paranormal phenomena would like shake up the almost like technological determinist Yeah, like path we are on and then suddenly we could take down Mark Stuckerberg.
Speaker 3: Literally, I think it's the only way forward, to be honest.
Speaker 1: That's fascinating and actually like honestly is very like in conversation with sort of like mysticism and like alternative queer.
Speaker 4: Histories and her stories. Of course, because I'm so used to listening to the two of you, I'm like I'm just sitting here listening and I'm like, whoa. But I'm like looking at you as you're doing the podcast. It's so we can sometimes bringing the guests into the conversation that they themselves. No, no, no, I'm loving it.
Speaker 1: So okay. In your you do sometimes discuss alien related things in your work.
Speaker 4: In my work, yes, and the research.
Speaker 1: What have you like?
Speaker 4: What narratives you found, like, what narratives about.
Speaker 1: UFOs interest you and what and what is sort of straight about them?
Speaker 4: Would you say, well, to me, I'm never super interested in like, here's the story. I saw something in the sky. I want to hear the people that got taken up there and some stuff happened to their butts and then they came back down.
Speaker 1: Do those stories exist.
Speaker 4: Yes, they do documented cases. Now I'm not saying I'm not saying that makes them real, but I'm saying documents. But there are people that have gone to the press and said I went up there. You know what I've heard even more than that is like men that get taken up there and they're like, and then the hottest lady came out of the UFO and she started red in me and she was she was like really hot. They really like they really keep going with the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so these men get back to Earth, go directly to the Precinct to tell their stories.
Speaker 4: We tell everyone, yes, but it's you know, a lot of theories are like that they're trying to like get human.
Speaker 1: Sperm, oh, to make mutants that are half alien half human.
Speaker 4: I guess I don't know.
Speaker 1: See this to me is.
Speaker 4: Like again almost like too literal, Like you think they reproduce the same way we reproduce aliens. I don't, Well, they're humanoids.
Speaker 3: They're humanoids, George.
Speaker 4: So who knows. But I mean, here's the thing with me that I always need to make clear is like I'm not saying I believe any of this stuff. I'm so here for like anything as possible, let's let's explore it, but especially things that are documented. I'm like, let's just talk about it and see if it's.
Speaker 1: Really what we think.
Speaker 4: It's fun to me, I think it's fun to talk about in.
Speaker 3: The documented in cases that you've read, is the trope true of it's like always in the country.
Speaker 4: It seems to be. But I will say there's a Netflix one that documentary like maybe it's a two or three parter about a woman that got taken out of her window in Manhattan. Oh, and multiple people claim that they saw her floating in the air out of her window.
Speaker 3: Well, can multiple people be wrong? I don't think so.
Speaker 4: No, it's never happy. This is interesting.
Speaker 3: I want a city girl who goes to sea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like it's like Harry Bradshaw, Like it's so often it's like in the country and it's someone who, like you know, hasn't seen another living soul in five weeks and hallucinating. But if it's Kerrie Rapshaw. I mean she just went to an opening last night.
Speaker 3: I mean the new magazine just drop.
Speaker 1: The new magazine just dropped. She was in the middle of texting this really cute cartoonist for the New York.
Speaker 4: It's not going to make something up to you.
Speaker 1: She has enough going on in her life.
Speaker 3: I mean, I couldn't help, but wonder if the alien could prove me? Could I probe BIG's heart?
Speaker 4: There you go, that's we're at the precinct. She said that, that's a documented statement she gave to the police officer.
Speaker 1: God, and then she waltzed right out in her little tou tou.
Speaker 3: In a city where all the women have seemingly everything, is the only thing that makes me unique that I've been to space.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 4: That's good. So I'm just saying it happens all over the place.
Speaker 3: Well, that's cool.
Speaker 4: It's a space.
Speaker 1: Could I hold space for Big?
Speaker 4: Holding space is I would not say straight no, no, that's definitely not holding. The idea of holding space is like a classic example of queer people just like fully hallucinating.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, you're not, what the are you talking about?
Speaker 4: But I will say holding someone in your long humanoid fingers and taking them up to space is straight well kidnapping.
Speaker 3: Well you know what, Okay, you know what it gets me about UFO stuff. What I really like, it's just like in like infinite everything's infinite, right, Okay, there's so many things.
Speaker 2: There's so much so it's like they're there.
Speaker 4: Oh, it makes sense, but they're gonna be there. A lot of people think it's the ocean.
Speaker 1: How broad is your point of Yeah, like if you broad on your the aperture of the camera enough then it's like, yeah, everything.
Speaker 3: They're there, and it's sort of like are they here? But yes, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: Also, what is the thing that Elon Musk believes in where it's like where do we start? No, this is a non uh, this is like more sort of sci fi. It's like this theory that there are many different simulations of the world and so statistically speaking, we are in a simulation.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hate that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot of people that think that kind of stuff about ghosts, that there's like an alternate, different dimension and sometimes they kind of get a little yeah and so like like kind of the the others. Remember that movie where it's like oh, we're the ghosts. But you know, it's like that kind of idea that the ghosts don't they think that we are ghosts in their house.
Speaker 3: Well, I just want to say, there any ghost listening, you're the ghost? Where are the people?
Speaker 4: We're exclusive about a lot of things, and crystal clear, yes, we're the people.
Speaker 1: Are the ghosts?
Speaker 4: Yes, I agree with that.
Speaker 3: Because I will not have people in my comments saying, well, maybe you're the ghost. I'm not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: We know it.
Speaker 1: We can see ourselves in each other. We're sitting here, where the hell are you? Probably in the other dimension, literally in the other dimension. You're knock knock knocking. We're saying, not right now, ghost, ghost scum, ghost scum?
Speaker 4: Yeah, nerd, nerd, what.
Speaker 1: If we did have a ghost lister or a noo. They're like really.
Speaker 3: Offended though, I mean, they're gonna be in the comments.
Speaker 1: But even worse though, okay, you're in your real reputation now I'm now I'm playing with it. No worse than them being in the comments, which I can handle, is like, what if we really offended a ghost and they're just like really sad and crying and they're like, wow, I thought I was part of this straight bitch grow some bones, yeah, literally grows some bones and flash and.
Speaker 3: Then you're not You're not pay rent like the rest of us.
Speaker 4: Are you, by any tant familiar with the most important moment that's ever happened to me in my life, which is the time a ghost called me the f slur?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: Okay, so you that hasn't reached your algorithm? Okay, because it just recently went viral, like this past week. It's been going viral again, like because multiple people have posted it over the years, or like that it's only been a year. Whatever, But yeah, ghost calls me that and I get into a fight with the ghosts.
Speaker 1: Where was this?
Speaker 4: It was at a strip club in Vegas.
Speaker 3: Real cl comes backtraight club.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do want to talk about strip club has gay people's strip clubs? No?
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Vegas on the other hand, but that's like a thing with Portland.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: They everybody like Portland like famously. It's like, what is it about Portland that makes it as the strip club cap There's just like this rich history of strip clubs important to where they're like, well, we have to go to the strip club. It might be like most strip clubs per capath interesting, but there's at least two that I know of that are male strippers, but not in the magic mic way. No, they're like queer yeah yeah, yeah yeah, and they have like trans dancers and they're fun. Okay, so let's put a pin in that, okay. And so a ghost in Vegas called you the f slur.
Speaker 4: Which is funny because I, okay, listen to this and I know it sound like I think I'm famous or something. But so I was at the strip club in Portland. One of the strippers goes, oh my god, are you Ross from the clip from the show, and I'm like, yes, that's me, and could he was You couldn't believe that I was there. I felt very famous.
Speaker 2: Well that's amazing.
Speaker 1: First of all, congrats, thank you. And I think because obviously the story which you're absolutely edging us about wait wait, I mean about I'm sure it's like especially viral among.
Speaker 4: You don't even know and from if you just watched the clip alone, you don't know it's in a SKay because we were actually in the dressing room of the strip c is not really whatever. But then not two days ago So I went to the strip club twice on this last Portland night, two different nights. The second night with this other stripper. I'm at he and they called himself stripper. I don't know if you want to dancers whatever the term. But he messaged me he goes, hey, are you in a video where a ghost calls you a fing? And I was like, yeah, that's me and then he's like yeah, I just saw it and I'm like where like so then I got a link to somebody else had posted a because people just love to do that.
Speaker 3: Well, spill, Oh, what's the story.
Speaker 1: It's just that a ghost showed up called you the F slur and then left.
Speaker 4: Yes, so I thought that the well, we were like doing a machine where it like allegedly makes got speak to you. Oh I say, and I thought I heard it say fat and it clarified, It clarified, it clarified, Oh I see, I see yes, And then I ended up kind of going back and forth and getting in a fight with them. Go to Instagram dot com.
Speaker 1: Now, sorry to make you recount a story that has already gone viral.
Speaker 4: It's already been viral and back and now it's viral again.
Speaker 1: What would your ideal interaction with a ghost.
Speaker 4: Be, well, the cameras better be rolling, because I'm not doing that stuff if it's not for content purpose.
Speaker 1: You don't want to just have like a private moment where the house is like I.
Speaker 4: See you and you're like, Nope, don't care.
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 4: It's not romantic for you. You just so I started this.
Speaker 1: Your brand is Ghosts, so you need to so you need one of my brands?
Speaker 4: Yes, But so I started a YouTube series where I go to haunted hotel rooms by myself, but I have no budget, so it's literally just me with camera going to haunted hotel rooms and I invite a guy from Grinder to join me to ghost hunting with me, and so that's been really fun.
Speaker 1: So you want a ghost to be on camera while you're doing your YouTube series? Yes, and then that's the you know, that's the TV deal right there. Roz she was called the f Sler by a ghost. Then she saw one with a grinder hooka. Yeah, now that's iconic.
Speaker 3: Do you hook up with the grinder hook?
Speaker 1: No? On camera?
Speaker 4: That's it could be brand that's behind a pay Well, okay, what is the creepiest hotel room you've done. Wow. I don't know there was a place. So that clip of me being called that word was from a short lived television show I was on called Living for the Dead, which was Kristen Stewart's ghost hunting show.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: Yes, and we stayed in multiple haunted hotels, but there was one that we stayed at in a tongue called Bisbee, Arizona, which is such a cute place.
Speaker 3: Love it.
Speaker 4: They have their own pride. It's very like, it's very like an artsy community.
Speaker 1: Flock to those communities.
Speaker 4: Well, it's an old mining town, so like the miner, not not that kind of minor. Different, you're bad, you're a kind of minor.
Speaker 3: I didn't know how that would come out. I was thinking, my favorite show is Chernobyl, and there's an episode where all the miners go into to fix Chernobyl and they all have to get naked because it's so hot and they're so hot. Wow. So that's what I was thinking when I said a minor, But it sounded like I was saying like, ooh, the person under eighteen.
Speaker 4: A minor and a minure. Yeah, isn't it an R and O R?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, So that place.
Speaker 1: See Arizona to me, isn't what's the ghost place rosin the uf that is in Arizona, correct, New Mexico, New Mexico. Of course that's literally in the title of the show. Yeah, okay, so fine, Arizona and New Mexico are the two UFO places from like the two aliens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they love the desert. I have a theory that the aliens might just be like middle aged white ladies that they want. Yes, that's what I think.
Speaker 3: You know what they yet or maybe they have sort of sort of the same thing where it's like we're actually the ghosts and they're the people. Have they done yet that, Like we're actually the aliens and they're the.
Speaker 1: The native native? Okay, that would be interesting because it would also be sort of a metaphor for colonialism.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: Like we're talking like cool you know all sci fi movie where it turns out this entire time we've been aliens.
Speaker 4: We don't spoil it an Yeah it's me again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he made the village, but for aliens. Sorry to spoil the village.
Speaker 4: Oh god, oh my god, I still haven't seen either.
Speaker 3: I actually was so happy when it was spoiled for me because I was like, finally, I don't have to go see it.
Speaker 1: But by the way, sorry, but that's a genius twist.
Speaker 4: Wait what is the twist there?
Speaker 3: In like modern world?
Speaker 1: So you know it's a skip ahead a few minutes. If you don't know, it's a it's a they're living in it looks like they're living in the olden times. Okay, okay, but it is. And there's all the and there's weird sounds happening all the time. So you're like, is it aliens? Is that?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: Turns out it's just that it's like planes and trains and they're just like living in a secluded community where they don't have contact with the contemporary world. Well that sounds nice, right, well living in that community. Yeah, you know, it depends. I think I would imagine that people in power are not people that sort of value.
Speaker 2: That's social value.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: Let me be empower. Okay, be fun.
Speaker 1: No, this is always you wanted to be old fashioned?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I'm plugging, put away the phones. Yeah, we're always on our phones.
Speaker 2: The seriously, let's go back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you think there will be a breaking point where there's a real genuine backlash and you see like a an actual significant group of people like abandon smartphones. I hope, because so far it's almost like it's just like the vinyl trend, like it. You know, it's like there's a few people that are doing the whole like using a dumb phone or like putting your phone in a different room or whatever, but it's not a real social movement.
Speaker 3: I think social media will like really change, Like I think it will be like you will use it if you're trying to make a career in social media, but you won't really use it as like a way to be funny to your friends ever.
Speaker 1: Like will we look back on this period of time the way that we look back on people smoking in restaurants? You know, it's like it reached this pinnacle and then now only a few people.
Speaker 5: Smoke, only cool people, only cool people, George, I I hope.
Speaker 3: So yeah, But I don't know.
Speaker 4: That I cannot predict. But oh my god. There's this woman I talk about NonStop, but I'm like basically her publicist.
Speaker 5: Her.
Speaker 4: She's in England and she's she makes predictions with asparagus. I'm always talking about her on my podcast because she's made like accurate predictions.
Speaker 1: How does she use the aspara?
Speaker 4: I don't really know. She like just like throws it down. Okay, I'm gonna tell you what's gonna happen on social media. But she's this British woman and they or the asparamouncer, and she does it raw, but then she cooks it later and eats.
Speaker 1: It's nice that she up cycles it. Yes, you can use it raw for predictions, but then you can make a delicious.
Speaker 4: Side and then your pee is a little pea smells to it. Yeah, but she she's great, the asparamancer. If we ask her, she'll tell us the future. We have to have her on Yeah, yes, girl, I've been trying.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: By the way, it's a pretty expensive habit because asparagus one of the fancier vegetables. You know, it'd be one thing if she Oh I do too, of course, but it would be one thing if you were making predictions using you know, a prepackaged baby spinach, but to get asparagus each time, you know, I hate asparagus really.
Speaker 4: However, she did predict that Kamala was gonna.
Speaker 3: Win, so she was sort of a Kamala as Brat type person. She was.
Speaker 4: I just I think that that particular that was Yeah, need pest aside on that one.
Speaker 1: You know what, though, this is interesting. It's almost like a metaphor for the elite liberal establishment because it's like she's using asparagus. Asparagus is such a liberal, elite coded vegetable, and it's like we're looking back on the last the whole decades exactly, Like we're looking back at the last three decades, and it's like, oh god, the entire time we were using asparagus, and like.
Speaker 2: It's time to use like frozen, frozen.
Speaker 6: Something accessible to all you too, you too are smart, Like we have to write that down, like the entire time's using asparagus.
Speaker 4: Okay, our final segment, no, I don't know. I don't know what time there was a pause. There was a pause. I got scarred.
Speaker 2: I think, you know, it could be.
Speaker 4: There was dead air having fun final thoughts on UFOs.
Speaker 1: I actually sorry, I know I asked a question immediately didn't let you answer.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm struggling.
Speaker 1: I'm like, have we discussed the actual topic at hand UFOs enough or did we go to aliens to ghosts? You know, like UFOs a big part of it is also literally flying like a flying ccle. It is a vehicle. It's also kind of giving, giving, it's also like cruise ship like it's a large part of what makes it majestic and scary is how big it is. It's a different fear than the individual alien who looks weird, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, something that can But it's so disappointing to me.
Speaker 3: It's just a vehicle, Like I if I'm not thinking about an alien driving it.
Speaker 4: Now, there's definitely somebody driving.
Speaker 2: If there's somebody driving it, I like it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If it's a self driving UFO like that just here to take pictures.
Speaker 2: Then I'm a little upset.
Speaker 4: That's boring.
Speaker 3: I don't like to know that the other life forms out there are playing it so safe. Yeah, you know, have some have some courage and come here take a picture of yourself.
Speaker 4: What about crop circles?
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's another m I trouble on.
Speaker 4: Class now a lot about I shovel on.
Speaker 1: I obviously think crop circles are kind of fab.
Speaker 3: I think they're fab. I'm still confused, like what's the theory on what they are?
Speaker 1: Just that aliens make them aliens?
Speaker 4: Yeah, come down, and it's like it's like Arrival but arts and crops. That feels crop circles to me feels a little bit more queer because it's artistic but and sustainable.
Speaker 1: They're using here's the thing language.
Speaker 4: Being obsessed with mel Gibson, nor.
Speaker 1: True being obsessed with Joaquin Phoenix.
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 2: At least you know what can I another?
Speaker 3: I'm chalk full of stupid sentences today?
Speaker 2: Another thought.
Speaker 3: I've always thought of crop circles. I thought it was like a spaceship taking off and that was like the market left.
Speaker 4: Oh that could be a two, but I don't think that has Actually Yeah, it's also like there's no right answer. Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: Dumb ass?
Speaker 4: Is that dumb?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I think we should do a final second. That's a final sec because let's be honest, we really covered it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm actually so hopeful for the I'm still like, the more I keep thinking about the more, I'm like, No, I do think UFOs A gonna kill them. They're gonna change everything for the better.
Speaker 1: And I know you think it'll be more alien rather than ghost.
Speaker 2: I think it really could be.
Speaker 3: I think I think it could be alien.
Speaker 4: Right, I'll tell you the closest thing I have to a belief on this stuff. Okay, I believe that they are good. I don't think that they are. I think they have They are so much smarter than us, They are above us. They have the capability to harm us. But I don't think they are. Sometimes I think they want to.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I do think they'll farm us and like eat us. And then I'm like, but like you know, everybody, I've eaten so much chicken.
Speaker 1: Friends in a giant pot. It's like the last day on earl.
Speaker 4: The last hot tub, absolutely you got.
Speaker 1: And then each time the aliens are like going in and taking one of them, and you're like, oh.
Speaker 4: My god bye, I'm telling you right now, dip me and some top of too, and you can have me. Yeah that's but I'm ready to go up there. If they're looking for if they if they started like we we're looking for people to teach us about people by yeah, it's nice meeting.
Speaker 1: Maybe the most radical position of all is to just be optimistic about aliens, to be like they are not a threat, they are a thing, and they can in fact help us, and like why is the unknown inherently scary why can't it be inherently excited.
Speaker 4: No, it's exciting for sure, because it can be anything but but okay. One of the most convincing documented cases of all time was from the nineties.
Speaker 3: Of the nineties.
Speaker 4: The aliens were very big in the nineties, but there was a case in Africa of this school of children that believe that a UFO came down and an alien came out and spoke to them telepathically. And they were interviewed by the BBC back then and they've been since reunited and interviewed about it as like millennial adult.
Speaker 1: All of them agree.
Speaker 4: They still are all on the same page. And what they say that the aliens, the message that they had was you need to take care of this planet because you guys are killing it. I truly believe that the aliens look down at like this earth crumbling and they're like, bitch, you are our neighbors, and we got to look at your ugly ass house, so fix it.
Speaker 1: Do you think they look. It's like when they look at the Earth, it's like us watching like a trashy reality show and we're like, if only someone could teach that woman that you know, she can't be constantly like ignoring the things that she's suppressing. She just has to like embrace her flaws and then she could finally reunite with her friend or whatever. Like they they they want what's best for us, and they see usself watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, maybe it were fun for them.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sure we're fun for them.
Speaker 3: Some of them's more than others.
Speaker 4: But yes, I definitely think that.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fun to be watched.
Speaker 3: Oh, to be watched, to be observed. Even so, they're good.
Speaker 4: I think they're straight, but they're good, which is the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could be straight and good. Yeah, there's many documented cases of that.
Speaker 4: Actually, there's a lot of document.
Speaker 3: Case like Tom Hanks.
Speaker 4: Yes, and Hanks is a great example.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Julia Roberts, Yes, well.
Speaker 3: Let's just do this.
Speaker 4: Wait, let me tell you what I like what Elon Musk.
Speaker 3: That was? As that was if you stand him? Yeah, that would be funny. No, I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I brought the room down. Wait let me say it's straight? I'm I Oh fuck, who's a straight?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Stephen Colbert is a great he's yeah, I was so good and Strangers with Candy so good in that he's so nice and funny. Yeah, never matter. But he seems nice.
Speaker 2: You'd love him.
Speaker 3: I like get him and he is a laugh riot Catholic.
Speaker 1: But should we do our final segment?
Speaker 4: Let's do it a terrific final thing.
Speaker 3: So you may be scared because the music is also put in afterwards.
Speaker 4: That's not fair. I'm a listener to do acapella.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but our final segment is called shout outs. In the segment we pay homage to the grand straight tradition of the radio shout out and shout out to anything that we are enjoying. People place those things ideas, George.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll do it. Yeah, okay, okay, what's up, world travelers, travel bloggers, anyone who is boarded a Delta flight recently? I want to give a shout out to those biscoff that's what they're called, right, yep, those bisc off cookies that they give you, and especially when a gay little flight attendant gives you two and sort of does a little like, you know, wink, as though it's your little secret. Because let me tell you somethings, those cookies, unlike some other things you might be served in a travel experience, they have a real kick to them. There is flavor there. They have put they have put the ginger snap flavor. There's it's like the right level of sugar. They are crunchy, They're not like stale.
Speaker 3: Like you might expect.
Speaker 1: There is also actually enough of them. There are two per pack, and if they give you two PACs, that's four. That is way more than the sonships that you get if you order sonships in that same dumpt flight, which is approximately two and a half chips in one bag. And I actually had a really shocking experience the other day. I brought home one of those bisk Off cookies and as a kind of little surprise gift, gave it to my husband, and two days later I see it uneaten his bedside table.
Speaker 4: I say, I make some joke. Oh you still haven't eat and you'r a gift that I got you. He goes, yeah, I was sort of gonna throw that out and hope you wouldn't notice. I said, I'm sorry, does it not sound appealing to have these crunchy, delicious ginger snapish cookies that I got from my flight? He's like, no, actually sounds like really bad. I would never like willingly eat those. I only eat them because they're the only thing available in the air. I was like, oh, so we basically are completely different people and everything in comment so like, just am I allowed to talk at this part?
Speaker 1: I mean, this is you know, sort of the comedy is coming from the fact that I'm still talking. But anyway, so I want to give a shout out to biscop and uh and to everyone who enjoys them. But now I would love to hear your thoughts.
Speaker 4: Well, so you're saying that you enjoy them on.
Speaker 1: Land, Yeah, actually, And you know what else. I recently had a job where one of the office snacks was those little packets of busin companies, and I would eat them in the office.
Speaker 4: I didn't even know those existed, Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 1: You would do you disagree with me and think they're just sort of like something you have on the air, but then you would never have them in real life.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: To me, it's kind of like when you get fries and you like eat them without any sauce, like when you're I mean maybe as a New York or you can't relate, but like when you're driving home or something like, oh, I'll just.
Speaker 1: That's different than good fries you get at a restaurant or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like I would never eat them without a sauce. I just like because the situation, it's like whatever. I don't know. But anyway, see now I have many times been like, I'm not really in the mood for that right now, So I put it in my purse and then I get to the hotel or home or whatever. I'm just not interested soilently, I know, but I love him.
Speaker 3: Where Matthew's coming from.
Speaker 4: Is right, it's right though when you're up in the air.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm also sure the gesture was still fun, Like I bet he liked the gesture. But it's also one of those things it's like getting a gift from like a toddler, where you're.
Speaker 1: Like, I mean, I know it is I know it is like a not a good gift strictly speaking. But to me, if someone gave me one of those, they'd be like, ooh fun, and I would did it on the spot.
Speaker 4: Was this be honest? Was it his birthday you?
Speaker 1: Or is this an annivers like our anniversary? And that was my gift to him.
Speaker 3: Because so I do understand where he's coming.
Speaker 1: From and get it. But I actually recently was looking at a recipe where the pie for a pie where the pie crust was made of bisk Off cookies, and I have wow, damn, I guess I'm just a stand.
Speaker 4: I love them with a coffee and it just exactly ELTs in your mouth. Yeah, and I just like the ginger.
Speaker 1: I like the crunch and I like the ginger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love ginger.
Speaker 3: Okay, I will go now, Okay, this is complicated. What's up everyone around the globe, whether you are driving an unidentified flying object or simply a car. I want to give a shout out to knowing how to parallel park. I have learned how to be good at parallel parking in a way that feels against my character and it feels against type. And I used to take pride in the fact that I'm bad at driving and be like, look at me, bom, bom, bom. I'm flying around and I don't know what I'm doing. Now I'm whipping into parking spots like you wouldn't believe, and it looks like I do it with the hand, and I'm one hand, one hand, I'm flying straight in this parking spot, and I'm like, this makes me feel very straight. Honestly feel very masked when I do it. I feel very like high school jock even and in a way that is like it gives me a crisis of identity, but also is like makes I'm like, damn, I can really rest easy now because I can drive around and it's not scary. So I want to give a shot out to my driving ability. It's sort of like, you know, sorry to bring him up, Harry Potter finding out he's a wizard. You know, it's a it's a pressure, and it's also, you know, a gift. So I will not be spitting on my own gifts. I will be accepting them, and I accept that I'm a good driver.
Speaker 2: Xoxo Sam.
Speaker 3: That's beautiful.
Speaker 4: I mean, I have somebody to say that is it's gonna get me in trouble. Oh I've gotta get cancer. So I used to be so good at parallel parking pre transition.
Speaker 1: That so I'm saying, oh my god, that is so funny.
Speaker 4: I started taking a baby be I don't know if it's just a coincidence, but I can't you know how many I've hit I've hit cars, of course, I've hit cars.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's the clip.
Speaker 4: Wow. I'm sorry, but I don't know if they're related. Maybe it's because I usually have I don't today, but I usually have jumbone nails.
Speaker 1: And that also coincide. You feel like the jumbon nails maybe are.
Speaker 4: Be something. But I'm very bad at it. Wow, very bad. It's interesting and I was so good at it interesting. Yeah, well, well small price to pay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the world is so mysterious. Okay, would you like to do a shout out whenever you are ready?
Speaker 4: Hey people, it's hard to think of a name for the people. Hello, people at home listening on the air waves. This is RAS and I want to tell you. I want to give a shout out to the to the Easter season. Specifically. We know Jesus is back, but another thing that's back this year tootsy roll eggs. Yeah, they burst onto the scene, at least in my knowledge last year. They're Tootsi rolls, shape like eggs with a candy coating, crunchy and chewy at the same time. They are so delicious. From what I hear, there is an egg shortage in this country right now. There is a tutsi roll egg shortage as well. Because I can't get them up my mouth. Tootsi roll eggs. Wow, I love that.
Speaker 3: Wow, I love that as well.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest with you, that sounds absolutely disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't really sound.
Speaker 4: Like my style, but I really appreciate the like innovation in the food space that is taking and I.
Speaker 3: Just love a new thing. Yes, it's fun, it's fun.
Speaker 4: Egg shape.
Speaker 3: Oh, we deserve a new thing.
Speaker 4: But by the way, they're like little, they're not. It's not like a big egg.
Speaker 1: I mean, can you imagine a giant ass totsuroal egg.
Speaker 3: You're stretch all like.
Speaker 4: I would do it.
Speaker 1: You like the taste of a titsurol. Yes, having the exact same conversation as with the biscough thing, where both you and I came into it so like so ready to be right, and then the other two people are like.
Speaker 4: I don't know, now I'm right. I don't give a ship. They're fucking good.
Speaker 3: Wow, you're maybe the first person I've ever heard that loves.
Speaker 4: To meet tsuls are such a classic, flopping insane you people need to get the inner child.
Speaker 1: Here's what here's what titsu rolls are to me. It's like before science was advanced enough to make good candy. That's what they made.
Speaker 4: Lost your mind? Okay, I feel very attacked right now. We need We're doing a survey at stradio lab dot com. What do you think we'll do disgusting or delicious?
Speaker 1: Delicious? And we'll do a we'll do a pull and release this episode. Yeah, I'm curious. I have to say, rise. I don't think it's going to go your way.
Speaker 4: I believe it is.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: They came up in a conversation earlier today with a friend of mine and could name drop, but I'm gonna choose not to.
Speaker 2: Is it someone with a big public influence?
Speaker 4: And this friend of mine said, I'm ordering them right now on the internet because that sounds like the most delicious thing of a h.
Speaker 3: Sounds too famous to go into a store and buy them.
Speaker 4: So I'll have you know, I'm not the only person in this world that thinks tootsi roll eggs sound like a delicious thing to me.
Speaker 2: That's like a tax fight off to keep making it.
Speaker 3: Because they just need to say, like so much money this year.
Speaker 1: They're also like purely aesthetic season hard to find.
Speaker 4: I'm not kidding you. There is an egg shortage. They're hard to find.
Speaker 1: And like a in like a Halloween bowl, It's like you need a few TITSI rolls just for variety, but not because anyone actually wants them.
Speaker 3: They are I'm saying exactly No, that is necho wafers, candy corns like that kind of ship is actually.
Speaker 4: TOTSI rolls.
Speaker 3: No, well, candy corn if it's around Halloween.
Speaker 4: Can we can we ask the two of them?
Speaker 7: Okay, do you guys like yes, Olivia, Yeah, this podcast their allies.
Speaker 2: This podcast is officially over. Thank you for doing Wow.
Speaker 3: I'm like, wait, can we end on that note?
Speaker 4: Can I give a shout out about something I want to tell people about?
Speaker 1: No? No, where can people find you?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 1: Can people listen to you? Or can people get more of your infectious energy?
Speaker 4: Well? Yeah, so I got that podcast. It's called Ghosted by ros Hernandez. I'd love for both of you to come on some would we love to I talked to you like funny people, cool people, famous people, whatever about just ghosts and we have all kinds of fun conversation ghosts, aliens, psychics, whatever that's up everywhere. Get podcast every Monday. But then this is very straight gay on topic. I had this genius idea about you know how like stand up comedians, like especially like straight stand up comedians can just like go to like the haha room hole in like the middle of like smaller cities. I can't do that, okay, but I want to. So I have this idea where I'm going to do that at gay clubs. So I'm doing like these eight o'clock shows at gay clubs like all over the country. And I'm literally driving and I'm hoping to do dozens.
Speaker 3: That's so fun.
Speaker 1: Are you planning them as you go?
Speaker 4: No, I'm planning them now.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's like a full tour.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I haven't announced all the dates yet because I haven't confirmed all the dates yet, but there's definitely quite a few confirmed all over the country.
Speaker 1: And so and this is stand up stand up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just like doing stand And.
Speaker 2: I'm like, where are you going in Chicago?
Speaker 4: But I'm like, maybe we need to all do this more, like I want it to become a thing.
Speaker 1: Here's what I'll say to you.
Speaker 4: Okay, performing at gay bards is easier for women than men, it is, but it's also very different when it's a special event that is ticketed, and that's true.
Speaker 2: If it's ticketed and you have to.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm doing. No, No, I'm not just like showing up. I'm like you, this is a ticketed event.
Speaker 3: Okay. Some of the worst shows of my life have been at gay boards.
Speaker 4: I know I have also experienced that as well, but so yeah, I'm just like doing this fun tour that's like going to be super gay and like, you know, give everyone, just like you know, a good hour and a half to just sort of be gay and take our minds off at more than.
Speaker 2: More than twenty five so longer than a movie should be.
Speaker 4: With free meet and great included.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you can leave if you.
Speaker 2: Well, that's interesting your transition lenses.
Speaker 4: So go to Instagram dot com slash ros Hernandez for all of the info.
Speaker 3: Thank you for that.
Speaker 4: Shout out form and shout out to everyone who makes this podcast who loves tutsu rols.
Speaker 1: We are grateful.
Speaker 2: We love twittsy Rolls as well. We've never said anything about it about them.
Speaker 1: We are so happy to be part of this community, of the tit zierol community and family.
Speaker 4: When's the last time you both had a totsyer roll nineteen ninety four. There's your problem.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe it is an acquired taste and we didn't like it because we were kids, and kids can't appreciate something that's.
Speaker 2: Not what's going on here.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's end, Bye bye podcast and now want more.
Speaker 4: Subscribe to our Patreon for two extra episodes a.
Speaker 1: Month, discord access and more by heading to patreon dot com. Slash Stradio Lab and for.
Speaker 3: All our visual earners, free full length video episodes are available on.
Speaker 1: Our YouTube now Get back to Work.
Speaker 3: Stradia Lab is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network and iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 4: Created and hosted by George Severis and Sam Taggart.
Speaker 3: Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Han Soni and Olivia Aguilar, co produced by Bei Wang, Edited and engineered by Adam Avalos. Artwork by Michael Failes and Matt Grugg.
Speaker 2: Theme music by Ben Kling