Speaker 1: How are you gonna let something listening to enjoying yourself? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Cool, what's the matter? Put on your headphones? Welcome to ball Chat.
Speaker 1: You screaming? Now we're back. It's Wednesday. How you doing, buddy?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: What's the matter today? I was told to stop screaming? Less? Who says that?
Speaker 3: Who are fantastic listener with Jody?
Speaker 1: Jody?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she said we shouldn't argue so much.
Speaker 1: Oh no, she likes that.
Speaker 3: No, she said she specifically doesn't like that. So what she said, you should you You you can't control Scottie, but you can control your emotions. And I thought that was really really a nice thing that she said. Yes, that's a very poignant, So thank you.
Speaker 1: Jody sounds actually heard that in therapy. Why are you what because it's just relaxed. This is relaxed, setting it relaxed. I'm not relaxed. I'm not relaxed at all. I come into the studio.
Speaker 3: This is just me venting. This is just me venting. I'm not yelling, I'm not arguing. I'm keeping my tone at a low medium tone. Okay, I walk in, hmm. I asked you to set up I did.
Speaker 1: The box was set stupid man was also hearty to go.
Speaker 3: Not the box was set up. Yeah, there was a microwave in front of me. There was fifteen boxes of cereal to the right of me. Yes, I would have had a sliver about yay bag. So what you actually sit here? A microwave would have been in my face for the entire thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: That we record there. Then I could have warmed up my meat sauce.
Speaker 3: I don't want you to heat up your meat sauce while I'm doing a podcast, So I'd really appreciate if we just move things. It's a very small space, Andrew, I understand I don't have the room.
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 3: And do you know why why you're a hoarder? Because I'm looking around.
Speaker 1: Now it's all cereal, nothing cereal. It's not all cereal.
Speaker 3: Yes, you have empty boxes, they're not empty bags.
Speaker 1: It's not empty.
Speaker 3: You have a fridge that doesn't work.
Speaker 1: It works. The little cabinet you don't put anything in. Look at it.
Speaker 3: You are choosing to hoard yet again, false, It is not false.
Speaker 1: It is everything in here is needed for this show.
Speaker 3: Okay, Scott, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Why do you rile me up?
Speaker 3: I'm not riling you up. Can't you tell that I'm speaking in a low tone. I'm not raising my voice. I am simply saying you're a hoarder, and you hoard things and you don't put anything away, and so therefore, when we try and record and I'm sitting in front of a microwave, that's not great for me.
Speaker 1: Are you done?
Speaker 3: I am done now, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Welcome to February. Today is the first. It's the first of a new month. What are you doing? You need a windshield?
Speaker 3: Just inhaling and exhaling, Scott, all right, don't do it into the mic. I can do what I want. I own these mics.
Speaker 1: It's annoying to people.
Speaker 3: Well, what's annoying to one person may not be annoying to another.
Speaker 1: All right, So this is Bulchat. It is the sister podcast to Serial Killers. That's the main show. This is the offshoot, even though apparently this has more listeners than serial Killers. Is that true? Yes, Oh, you better go take the call. I don't know, but you know what, you better take it. Take it right here on the air. I'm gonna turn here. Here you go. I turned it up for you.
Speaker 3: What you're really trying to rile me up today. No, you're doing it yourself. Hello Andrew speaking, Hi Andrew.
Speaker 1: Hold on one second, Hello, how are you good? Good? Hm? Oh, yes, he's doing it on the show, like that's what he's doing. He's having a conversation on the show with somebody. Now he's creeping out the door. I'll just keep going. I don't care. So I do have to defend myself with the hoarding thing. I'm not hoarding. People continue to send us cereal, and the space that we have here is probably one fifth, I would say, of the old studio. So yes, the cereals are starting to build up. Because I have a dilemma. So we try the cereals, we you know, take a couple of cupfuls of cereal and then that's it. Then what do we do with it? If it's not the best cereal in the world, it just sits around because nobody eats it. So I don't know whether or just maybe leave it in the kitchen. Do I want to still save the boxes because at the end of the day, while it's kind of cool to have the boxes from every cereal that we've tried, what am I doing with these boxes? I have right now. All the flattened boxes are in the storage clib you, okay, don't trip over that Cereal box. All the flatten boxes are in the storage closet, and I don't know what I'm gonna do with everything. So I was just telling our friends that I don't know if I should save every box. Again, I don't think you should. But it's cool to you, I think to Cereal people, okay, cool, Cereal fans okay cool, which is again a limited audience compared to the people that you work with.
Speaker 3: It's not just about you and what you think. It's cool work in an office with thirteen other twelve other people. It's your space, but that doesn't.
Speaker 1: Mean I've invited you in.
Speaker 3: But the problem is that they can see into your space. But people also have to come work into your space. No, So the more that you hoard you don't need not a horde. Listen, it's Cereal, Cereal, That's what we do.
Speaker 1: It is what we do.
Speaker 3: But we also should not hold on to things that we don't need. Cereal, we don't need it. We eat it for the show, Let's go put it in the kitchen afterwards. Let's give it up to the people who work here. People will eat the cereal.
Speaker 1: I just go to I don't think people will eat it. I think they will. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't go into a shared space i e. A kitchen or something like that and just eat from something that's open. If I saw it.
Speaker 3: I think everybody here knows that we do a ceial podcast. You can't go with the notion of Wow, it's fantastic and everyone knows this for being serial killers, that's why I have to have it. But then also say, I can't put it in the shared kitchen because nobody will know what these boxes are from all these like numerous boxes.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean radio people are a special breed. Radio people will eat anything. So to your statement, yes, we could leave it there. We should, and people will eat it. We should, but I don't. But but otherwise it just sits. There's cereal boxes just laying around. I've noticed the same ones over by the coffee machine. I didn't put those machines. I didn't put those there.
Speaker 3: You have like fifteen boxes in here. I want to why don't we take some and put them in the kitchen. This way it creates a little bit more space. For you here, because otherwise it's gonna get out of control really fast. You're gonna have no leg room, and it's just gonna get to a point where it's like, this is a lot, and why is there so much?
Speaker 1: I just I'm I'm torn with the boxes, okay, just because we've kept them all Okay, so I don't know if I could throw them out.
Speaker 3: That seems like a psychological issue that you should work out with someone, because you can get rid of them. There's no reason why you should be keeping the top these boxes. They What did you do with all the other boxes that you brought home to your house? I don't bring them home in a storage closet. Why are the boxes in the storage because?
Speaker 1: Scott, do something with them?
Speaker 3: What are we doing? It's been thy years. We haven't done anything with them, Scott, almost four. We need to get rid of them, Scott.
Speaker 1: But maybe somebody wants the collection. Wod he wants them? Scott. We really should just get rid of I guarantee you that somebody will right underneath this, okay, I would like the boxes. Okay, great, So then we'll send them to you. Has that sound Oh that's expensive? Okay?
Speaker 3: So then they're heavy, so then there's no solution as problems exactly.
Speaker 1: So that's see. See those are roadblocks.
Speaker 3: That you're putting up. We just really fix that. Yes, so let's get rid of the boxes. Okay, I don't, I can't. We can, Scott. I'll walk with you.
Speaker 1: We'll go.
Speaker 3: We'll throw them in a nice dumpster together. Or we could do like a nice bonfire and use them as cardboard.
Speaker 1: But one day I might need them. What would you need them for?
Speaker 3: Scott?
Speaker 1: When we're reminiscing, I can go home. What do you mean I have this? When would you reminisce on that? Scott's on video and it's audio. You could hear it. I like to reminisce. Yeah, but Scott, your attic have you gone every once? And I do every once in a while. How much is every once in a while? Maybe once a year. I go up into my attic and I sit down, I open a box and go oh, and I look at my things from preschool and I'm like, oh my god, and brings back great memories.
Speaker 3: So what's cool about that, and maybe a little different that maybe we should talk about here is that's pictures of you, and that's a life experiences, things.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but those are nice pictures in my hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So what is a box certificate caramel Applejacks from twenty twenty going.
Speaker 3: To do for you?
Speaker 1: There's in there because it makes me think of you, and I just want to burn them. Yeah, so let's do that. If that'll make you feel better. It won't, and you don't want to make me feel better? Is if they go to a nice home, Scott, nobody's taking the box. I guarantee you somebody wants. You just said if somebody commented under the video, yeah, you would have send them to them. I'll part with them, Scott. You can have the collection. We will tell you question Scott. Yes, it is just boxes. We will interview and find out, Scott. We're not interviewing people because do you know what I've listened to the last Serial Killers episode that aired? Yeah, this week it was great. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Remember when you told me that I could put the email on your phone and then the show ended and I never put the email on your phone.
Speaker 1: I had to leave no, Scott.
Speaker 3: The goalpost keep changing, Scott. You keep moving things and you keep pushing them away. We need to put the email on your phone, because we're not interviewing people to see if they want our cardboard the ceial boxes.
Speaker 1: I think we should. I want to go to the home I want to should the best home should have them.
Speaker 3: I think what I'm going to do is let's start getting rid of some of the older boxes that we know we never want to see again.
Speaker 1: They're all integrated, they're all mixed, so.
Speaker 3: Let's take some that you like. I think you should keep, like your favorite fifty boxes.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, that won't work.
Speaker 3: I think it will, Scott.
Speaker 1: I see. I think somebody like Gabe from Serial Time he would appreciate them, and the ones that he doesn't have, he would proudly display them. And I was at a home. I want them to go to a good home. He's in a homes.
Speaker 3: We are in a not even what is this by five? This is smaller than ten by ten. This couldn't even fit a full size mattress. Scott, we really can't do this. And I'm being as calm as possible, and Jody, please come up to my desk after you hear this episode. I'm really trying my hardest for you, Jody.
Speaker 1: I want them to go to a nice place with somebody that will appreciate that, they'll go to the farm. Bud.
Speaker 3: They're gonna go roam free on the farmland.
Speaker 1: That means they're dead, no, Scott. Yes, when you say they're going to the farm technic, that means they're going to be extinguished.
Speaker 3: Technically you took the guts out of them. Right, So now we're just holding on two boxes.
Speaker 1: People keep saying they're gonna make quilts out of them? Scott, who's making a quill? Scott? Who's making the quilt? That's a big quilt. Who told you you're making the quilt? Lots of people say, oh, make a quilt? Yeah, who can do that? How can you make a qui cardboard? A cardboard quilt? How do you do that? What are you doing?
Speaker 3: You spit the quilt? Who would you talk to you about the quilt?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Are you on the email? Has anyone emailed us about it? Hang them up where Scott? Right? They're looking at up wall, Scott.
Speaker 3: That's not going to happen. Why it's not going to happen, Scott. You don't need more storage. You need to get rid of things.
Speaker 1: I want them to go to a good home. So if somebody wants them, then they can go to a good home.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're going to a good home. I think the home is in the trash where they'll get recycled to make more cereal boxes.
Speaker 1: Bud, No, yeah, I want them to be displayed. It's taking up space in our already limited office.
Speaker 3: How where blood, sweat and tears are in those boxes? My blood, sweat and tears are on the YouTube and what I upload a box? Really, there's no sentimental value.
Speaker 1: My tears are right here, right now, sitting next to you, because because I'm trying to tell you to get over these boxes.
Speaker 3: No, no, we need to get rid of the boxes.
Speaker 1: Great, Okay, We're going to do rambling for twenty minutes. We'll be back right after this. It's been ten minutes.
Speaker 3: We'll be right after the special after school special, Scott.
Speaker 1: That was he said special twice, and we're bad. What's going on?
Speaker 3: You said we rambled for twenty minutes. It's been twelve minutes.
Speaker 1: I said twelve, You said twenty. Whatever. I felt like twenty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because the hard truth sometimes feels like that.
Speaker 1: Maybe why don't you have hard truth? I here's the hard truth. Gotta throw out boxes. It was stupid.
Speaker 3: It's the after school special. We're trying to tell you to get rid of things because when I come into the studio and it seems frequent, now there's no room for me on This is.
Speaker 1: A big difference between me like snorting coke and jumping out a third floor window and then me saving cereal box.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, that's why A and he highlighted both shows in both Hoarders and Intervention.
Speaker 1: It was on ABC. Hoarders After School Specials was on ABC.
Speaker 3: Well, what I'm saying is you're talking about with the snorting and all that other stuff, that's a show called Intervention.
Speaker 1: No, that was an after school special. The girl snorted coke and jumped out the window and died. What I'm saying is it's not the same as saving cereal box.
Speaker 3: Again, and this is what I'm trying to say. There are shows that deal with that, and then there's also shows that deal with hoarding. That's called hoarders. Both are both issues different.
Speaker 1: But look the moral of this story is if you want our boxes, they don't they need to go to a good home. They don't. I want them to be displayed somehow, And I want to be able to visit them should I ever want to. So if you are that person, Scott, why are you going to visit a box? Perhaps if you live in New York about.
Speaker 3: This, Scott, are you're going to visit a cardboard box? I'll deliver it that you're gonna What if the person's in like.
Speaker 1: Are you listening? But gosh, I said, if you live in the New York area the tri State, I'll deliver them to you. You can keep them in your home. That you could be our storage shed. How about that they.
Speaker 3: Don't need a storage shed because you know what's gonna happen. What all of these boxes, You're gonna start saving two So it just creates the same issue. Let me just set the new precedent that we don't do that. We put the cereal in the kitchen. People get to enjoy the cereal after we enjoy it. So this way we share the love. People could come to us now and say like, oh my god, that great value appleforter which we haven't tried yet. That's not if anything, you might need a cereal sack again because I don't want you to see yeah, so that so that could go in the kitchen someone could be like, oh my god, thank you so much for putting that in there.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 3: But instead we're saying like I'm the Cereal Gremlin.
Speaker 1: What's gonna happen to my storage? Here's what's gonna happen. Let me tell you what's gonna happen. So one Saturday afternoon, I'm going to drive my car and I'm gonna go to IIKA and I'm gonna buy some shelving units now, and I'm gonna come in here on a weekend no nobody's around, and I'm going to assemble them here and I'm going to start the car doing that.
Speaker 3: You're not doing that, says Scott. Really ask yourself why you need that to happen.
Speaker 1: Do you see other podcasts that have different themes? Do you really in the background they have things.
Speaker 3: I don't disagree with you sports.
Speaker 1: I've dug the helmets and the footballs and bats? Okay, did you know where there Surreal? Do?
Speaker 3: You're raising your voice, Scott?
Speaker 1: But people don't like that. But we need to have something, at least give me the backdrop. Let's do a banner. Fine, make it. We have the picture of the old place, make it. Do it.
Speaker 3: Let's do like a nice banner or just something serial killer.
Speaker 1: Say it's hot air, hot air. I don't see anything ever, well, Scott, because in the meantime, your hoarding is clogging up the closet and we just don't have nowhere to move on. What are you talking about? What are you talking about? Can we just move on? Please? What else is going on? Just stop? You're breaking it? What am I doing with this microwave? Scott? Why does it bother you so much? Because Scott, I walked in and it was like this. It was on the table. It wasn't on the table. It was literally here, you're scratching it. And you said to me, what's the big deal? You can't record like this? Right, Scott, I'm sitting in front of a microwave. It's a nice microwave, but.
Speaker 3: You yourself has said no one's using your glands for said you don't want to use it.
Speaker 1: I heart read it's beautiful. But where's I'm gonna find a little table. I'm gonna set it up. Okay, we don't have to walk all the way to the kitchen to warm things all the way. I want to heat my soup during the show. I don't want to go all the way down the hall.
Speaker 3: I gotta say, ever since I started using a retinoid cream, I can notice the difference not so much. Aw, that's cute.
Speaker 1: You still have that alopecia.
Speaker 3: I will say, it's actually getting a little better.
Speaker 1: I don't see this, I think. So can we talk about you dressing up as what's her name? And where we can find that video?
Speaker 3: Hold on, let me move this giant microwave.
Speaker 1: I didn't put it there.
Speaker 3: Well, I moved it because you wanted this to be how.
Speaker 1: That we were origining, fingerprints all over it. Why are you doing this? Why do you like to destroy things? Is it being destroyed? It's brand new and not used. I used it once, I did. I warmed up soup in it. Not kidding. Okay, you're gonna break the round thing, the turntable. Well, it's not like anyway. Tell me about the dress up thing.
Speaker 3: It was a murder Mystery part.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what made you dress off? Is my aunt Gloria.
Speaker 3: I got chosen to be Mama Rosa in the Murder Mystery?
Speaker 1: Right? So you figured you just go all in?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean it would be stupid to go because everybody else was getting dressed up. So I don't want to be the lame person. Like I'm confident in myself. I don't care if I have to wear a wig in a dress like that's lame. I bought at Cole's. I went to Cole's. I originally had a dress that I ordered from Amazon. And so you actually lost weight to get into it, which I loved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Yeah, and I felt great when I was able to fit in it. But then the problem was I lost weight here, but not here.
Speaker 1: Nothing beats a great pair of legs, you know.
Speaker 3: The problem was then my dress was a little tight in the bulge area. So that's when I said to myself, I can't go to a party with this.
Speaker 1: It's very uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: It'll be very distracting.
Speaker 1: Remember when I was Caitlyn Jenner. No, oh my god, it was so uncomfortable. Yeah, so uncomfortable. Well, so then I wound up going with my and Amanda to holes. My ball's hurt for like a month. I'm not any kidding, Okay, I don't know why, because they were so they were constricted. I was wearing pantyhose.
Speaker 3: Oh see, I didn't go that far. Yeah, I didn't think that was necessary for me. But anyway, I went to Coles. I got a nice jacket. I got a little black dress to fit underneath it.
Speaker 1: I think you looked great. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I've gotten so many compliments on my legs, so that was that was a really nice confidence booster.
Speaker 1: Can you pick me up a two inch binder mine broke? Do we have any in the storage closet?
Speaker 3: I don't know, hidden under your cereal boxes?
Speaker 1: But where can people see that video? Because I think it's great. Maybe we can post it the wire it's wrapped around my foot. It's like a constrictor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, gosh. Anyway, it was very fun. I had a great time. Murder mystery parties are so much fun.
Speaker 1: I don't get into theme stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know why you dress up for like most Halloweens.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, because I would go to this big Halloween party every year that's themed, like the theme night of the year. Yeah, but that's that is Halloween. I don't like. I don't really go to theme things. What do you what?
Speaker 3: What what you wear cereal shirts on a Cereal podcast? Well, I haven't want a Cereal shirt in a long time.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell me when.
Speaker 3: When it's like certain days or you know someone's coming in, you'll walk in and be.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, I mean, I'll wear the Lucky Charm shirt on Saint Patrick's Day. That's on the way. You'll see. So you get into theme stuff, this is it's the opposite of everything you just said. But I'm not going to go to a theme party. I'm not going to go to a you do. It's called Halloween. I'm not going to go to the super Bowl party and wear a jersey. Yeah, Eagles. I'm like, I'm not that guy.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what you're that's no, No, I don't. I don't know what you mean.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? You're just you're just talking what I I don't. I don't.
Speaker 3: So for the super Bowl, you won't wear a player's jersey.
Speaker 1: No, I don't. I won't wear sports jerseys anyway ever, because I'm not a sports That's not a theme. It is. A super Bowl party is football themed. So do you don't want any of the dessert? You won't go to a super Bowl party if it's shaped like a football. Now, I don't do themes, Okay, Jody.
Speaker 3: If you've made it twenty minutes in. Please please understand this is what I'm dealing with. I'm truly trying to take your advice.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about the lack of snow in New York this winter? I'm so happy? What do you talk We've broken records, like the longest time ever with no measurables.
Speaker 3: Ever been happier for no snow?
Speaker 1: Think about Think about John that owns the local Ace hardware store. Okay, he is so stocked up with shovels and snow blowers and ice melt and picks and everything and sleds and tubes sitting there sitting sorry, John at A's hard Yeah. Well, my friend Todd that owns Trio Hardware store. It's a great store, but he's got an overabundance of winter items defroster iced. Do you lock everything? You know, scrapers? What do you do? Yeah, because that's a gamble. That's a gamble, really is. At the beginning of the season, you're like, h distributor, how much should I buy? I don't know. I give me fifteen cases of ice melt, yeah, you know, and then you're stuck with fifteen cases and who's the storage for that. Yeah, who does. You either have to sell it at a deep discount at the end of winter or hang on to it and waste all that storage based like in our closet until next year. Yeah, it's crazy. You don't feel bad for mom and pops. I feel I don't go to theme stores. What every store is a theme store? Hardware theme, I don't. I don't do that, grocery themed. I don't do themes, pet themed. I don't do themes clothing themed. No, I don't do that. They're all themed. No, I don't do that. You're an idiot.
Speaker 3: No, No, I just don't do that. It's not No, that's not for me. If I walk into a mom and pop shop and there's an actual mom and pop, I walk out. How many mom and pop shops actually have mom and pops? They're all dead usually, let's are new?
Speaker 1: How many? Well, how many new mom and pop stores are popping up Jersey City. There's a ton mom and pops.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's I have the local fish store, I have the local meat store.
Speaker 1: I have a local Dude. When you think mom and pop, you think of like the big fat guy with the apron and the mustache right off the boat, Italian everything, and he's the pop and the mom is like with the broom. You know that's mom and pop.
Speaker 3: That seems a little racist, racist Italian racist.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is not a race. I don't know it could be. Okay, so sorry. You see the guy with the yamaka in the in the in the deli, that's me, my old grandpa.
Speaker 3: That video what meme where it's a little kid screaming, that's racist. I want that sound. It's cowny big hump.
Speaker 1: But no, all I'm saying is that you don't really First of all, mom and pops are disappearing. It's second, well, you don't really see the mom and pops anymore. They've passed it down from generation to generation. And now please don't say stuff about jew stuff. I'm Jewish, old timey deli with the apron and the yama got please old. My grandfather had a shoe shop, he did, but I got that a long time ago. So sneakers. He would bring sneakers one to my dad, and my dad would just show me all you know this six year which was I mean, it was like he showed me pictures of the boxes and sneakers. He still has like one or two pair from I don't know what the fifties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, h I wonder if they're so in good condition? No, okay, no, then answers that Buster Brown. I want to go to Wagamma.
Speaker 1: You know Muster Brown is Muster Buster Brown, Buster Brown. Yeah, I don't know. You don't know who Buster Brown is. I don't know who Buster Brown is. Wow, he's a dude with the shoes and the dog. Look up Buster Brown on your phone. It's a shoe shoo. I don't know if they still make Buster Browns.
Speaker 3: Know what I remember more than anything, hush puppies. Yeah, I remember I had to wear hush puppies because it was a private school and they wouldn't scuff the floors, so you had to get specifically hush puppies.
Speaker 1: Oshkosh gosh. They didn't sell them there. Look it up buster Buster Brown, Buster Brown. Yep, and it's gonna be the guy with his dog and he was the shoe dude. Get an image, go ahead. I don't know if they still have those places. Yeah, that's terrifying. Yep. Well it's it's old school. Look at that right, look at it. Look at the dog.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, that's exactly what he's Liker, that's your dog noise.
Speaker 1: We'll be back right after this, and we're back this. This episode is just I don't I kind of want to just like erase it and start over. Why. I don't know. It's just, you know, the fighting in the beginning, then the fighting on my part, and the Italian and the Jew thing, and you're funny tell me that I'm racist. I know that's the joke of it, but it's also not. A First of all, can we talk about racist for a second. I know that. Look I don't. I'm not getting into racism. I'm just saying people say you're racist. You know, like Italian is not a race.
Speaker 3: Just FYI, well it used to be a race. Yeah, same thing with Irish. So when immigrants first came over Irish Italian, they were all racist and then they just found it easier to just classify that's nationality. Well again, like you checked the box and have your own that would be like Italian, Irish or whatever.
Speaker 1: Show me one of these forms from from the twenties aps. Did you ever go to Ellis Island? I went there once when it was closed, got it? You didn't go to ell it's I passed by it and we went to the Statue of Liberty. Yeah, I went to the Statue Liberty. It was closed, but no, no, we walked all the way up to the crown. We had to see special tickets and we went all the way up the spiral staircase. It was cool. If you ever have the opportunity to do that, do that? What walk up to the crown of the Statue of Liberty. It's very limited and you have to get a ticket, and you have to you gotta be pretty, you know, feeble, because I mean you got to walk up a spiral staircase that's this wide, you know, and what are you doing? What are you looking up? I'm looking enough for you. Oh yeah, I don't know. I know. Well, so like on the nineteen ten census it says race Italian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it wound up happening because again you have to think in like the nineteen late eighteen hundreds, early nineteen hundreds, when all these immigrants were coming over. You had people moving here, but they didn't like nobody was really You went from having the country being all white from wherever people to then all of.
Speaker 1: A sudden they weren't from here. All these immigrants coming white people weren't from here. Well again, you're taking it came from places, yes, but on the name of the Penta and the Santa Maria.
Speaker 3: Okay, now that's Columbus. You're going back even more.
Speaker 1: He's also Italian. Okay?
Speaker 3: What is the marriage of newcomers endangered to national panic and led Americans to adopt him more No, going right here to adopt a more restrictive, politicized view of how to how whiteness was allocated. Journalists, politicians, social scientists, and immigrations officials embraced the habit separating ostensibly white Europeans into quote unquote races. Some were designated whiter and more worthy of citizenship than others. And it all has to go to, like unfortunately, back to slavery, how they viewed black people at the time.
Speaker 1: There's a whole I've just about this nowadays is when people cry racist, it's it's not a race, it's a religion or ethnicity.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, but I'm saying it was a joke.
Speaker 1: It was a joke. Well, ethnicity is a race, isn't it ethnic ethnicity? But nationality is not a race, religion, and nationality are not racist? Again all I was trying to say racist.
Speaker 3: Okay, Wow, we're really We're really going a lot of places in this episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyway, back to snow. Don't you don't you just love like the pure No? No, now, when snow like a fresh snowfall, I need to have at least one good storm, Like if I can't break if I can't break out the snowblower, fail fail, why immediately? Now, then why do you live here?
Speaker 3: I mean, I was born here. It's kind of close. You could have just moved to see the rapids where there's even more snow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great, terrible. I don't like the snow.
Speaker 3: I don't like it because I like when it first happens and because you're got cozy feelings. But then within two hours I'm wondering how I'm going to traverse around this, and then it sticks and then I'm stuck having to like walk around gross black snow.
Speaker 1: Where you live and I work in the city.
Speaker 3: Everywhere I work in New York City, there is disgusting snow everywhere.
Speaker 1: I could see you, like in Santa Monica. No, no, you're not a West coast coast.
Speaker 3: It's too slow slow. Yeah, it's too slow paced. I like the convenience of everything here.
Speaker 1: I think it's pretty convenient. I mean there's no city like New York anywhere you know where you just walk out and things are open. It too like La is way, way, way too big. I don't like that you have to drive everywhere, like Vancouver. I would move to Vancouver in a second. I thought that it was like perfect Tim Horton's all day. I love Vancouver.
Speaker 3: If you are seeing in Canada and you have a I guess an open position somewhere where I could somehow get Canadian citizenship, so I could somehow move to Vancouver.
Speaker 1: Hit me up, and if you live in Canada and you want our cereal boxes, that will be difficult, but I'll get them to you if it's a good home.
Speaker 3: Oh, that would be a fun little road trip. Oh, I would love to drive to road on the road to Canada.
Speaker 1: That would be great. That would be nice. I've only been to Canada once and it was Prince Edward Island, which isn't really Canada. I want to go to like Canada, Canada. I want to go to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls.
Speaker 3: Have you been that's Toronto, Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know the geography. That's fine. I don't know. That's like I want to go to Sascatchwan because I like the name.
Speaker 3: That's I feel like that's west of Toronto.
Speaker 1: I would never know how to spell that. Saskatchewan. Yeah, something with a cue a lot and asks, Hey, if you want to go to Raman, I'll go with you. So we got to end this soon. Rice bowls. I don't want a rice bowl. I don't know. I really love that chili chicken. I just want some differing chili chicken rama. Oh, let me make a reservation right now. Well, that one when you're walking just wants to go see if he's here. He is, I'm to call him.
Speaker 3: Why don't we just ask him after this? Just call him real quick because Nate might want to go.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's still here. Nate still here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh my god, that's so cheesy nineties looking of you.
Speaker 1: Hey, Andrew, and I would like to know if you want to go get Ramen across the street. He does, and he wants to go right now. Oh okay, we'll go another five minutes and then he's all yours no, no, you're just in my ear. They can't hear you where Oh he's okay, So we're gonna go get Ramen. How's the podcast, fellas? It's great, but we didn't do the serial one. This is bull chat. Oh by all right, so we're gonna wrap it up. We're gonna go get Ramen. And what are you looking at? And that's gone too far? And I'm cracking up? What let me hear it? What is it? Is it an actual joke? I'll tell you once the MIC's are Why is it dirty? Well? You know what? Is it racist? Okay? Now you're just babbling? What now you know what? I get what Jody's talking about? Who is this Jody person? Jody sales in sales. Yeah, I know who she is, but I'm just trying to say that for the paint the picture, for the listeners. Who is this Jody person you keep talking about? Okay, why can't you answer me? Why do you explain who Jody is? You just keep saying Jody. Yeah, Jody is a wonderful listener.
Speaker 3: She she actually is a wonderful listener. She listens to every podcast episode. She comes over in my desk after they air and then we talk about the episodes. I bet she did what the secret word was after Yeah, and then after the last episode of Serial Ever, after the last episode of Serial Killers, she told me, just bring it down a notch. So I'm just bringing it down a notch.
Speaker 1: But this is what people love.
Speaker 3: But sometimes it can be a little too much. Even I was listening to it. Yeah, I was listening, and I noticed sometimes I'm just I just gotta take a chill pill yet two seconds and then we're gonna get ramen.
Speaker 1: M Okay. That means we're done now. Andrew say clink. Everybody clan clink.