Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Getty and he are Strong and Getty.
Speaker 2: After his groundbreaking trip to the Middle East, President Trump with a warning to her Mass, saying they must disarm as part of the next phase of his peace plan Israel, accusing her Mass of violating this ceased five deal by not releasing the remains of more hostages, threatening to cut desperately needed aid into Gaza in retaliation.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So they gave the live hostages back. They're supposed Hamas is supposed to give back all the deceased. Were they passed away, what natural causes, the people that were murdered or tortured to death or starved to death. They're supposed to give those remains back. And they're like any two bodies Hamas has not returned to Israel. They returned one yesterday that turned out to be somebody else. Yeah. So here's Trump in his own words, key on the word we and wonder who we is here.
Speaker 4: Well, they're going to disarm, and because they said they were going to disarm, and if they don't disarm, we will disarm them.
Speaker 1: How you do that?
Speaker 4: I don't have to explain that to you. But if they don't disarm, we will disarm them. They know I'm not playing games.
Speaker 1: We have.
Speaker 4: Told them we want disarmed, and they will disarm. And if they don't disarm, we will disarm them, and it'll happen quickly and perhaps violently. But they will disarm. Do you understand me, because you always everyone says, oh, well, they won't disarm, they will disarm. And I spoke to Hamas and I said, you're going to disarm, right, Yes, sir, we're going to disarm.
Speaker 1: That's what they tell me.
Speaker 4: They will disarm or we will disarm them.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 3: I should try that on my kids because it clearly works for him, or he thinks it's important to repeat your main message. Oh yeah, like fifteen times. I should try that more often. Anyway, Who's we Hamas will either disarm or we will disarm them, perhaps violently.
Speaker 5: The signatories to the treaty, the accord. I mean, what he really means is Israel with US support.
Speaker 1: Doesn't he? I assume?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it is not going to disarm willingly.
Speaker 3: So it's like if I'm a Dodgers fan and I say, we really looked good last night. I don't actually do anything.
Speaker 1: It's you and show Heo Tani right collectively wanted to.
Speaker 3: Get this on. I actually I haven't heard this. This is one of the freed Israeli hostages talking about if Kamala had been elected. Well, this is back in February.
Speaker 6: He was released at his owner chef told and he's talking about the fact that he was treated poorly by Hamas.
Speaker 3: And then when Donald Trump was elected.
Speaker 4: Much they were they want't uh.
Speaker 1: We're afraid of Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They wanted Kaman to be.
Speaker 6: Each other you talked to politics and that, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: They wanted Kamana to be an active when Trump came into Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, you're waiting to cheat at us, change.
Speaker 3: More food shot.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 3: You know. That doesn't surprise me. Does it surprise you that Amasa crap Trump got elected? Uh? Well, I mean Kamala Harris was sending the message on a daily basis, do whatever the hell you want. We're gonna lean on Israel.
Speaker 1: Leave leave Amas alone, leave them in peace. Right. Yeah, isn't that something that's you know, uh, put aside.
Speaker 5: Your political theories and theorists and talking heads on cable TV. That's real world proof of what you know we've been saying for a long time.
Speaker 3: Speaking of putting away your political theory, I'll just touch on this Tom Friedman in the New York Times. I don't know if you read him, but he's one of the most respected thinkers on the Middle East. I don't always agree with him. He's a super lefty. He always sides with Democrat ideas and hates Republicans for the most part. So that's one of the reasons this is so interesting what he has written today in the New York Times. Mister Trump, on the Middle East, please move fast and break things. And he writes Listening to President Trump telling Israelis and Arabs on Monday that they were at the historic dawn of a new Middle East was like watching Trump selling his bankers on a plan to build the biggest, most beautiful, most amazing hotel in the world on a toxic waste dump. On the one hand, you tell yourself, this man must be crazy. Doesn't he know the history of this place. You can't build a hotel there. On the other hand, a voice in the back of your head whispers, what if he can bring it off. Trump's ability to combine bullying, flattering and exaggeration is truly a site to behold, and it was on full display Monday and his address to the Israeli kanness It and then to more of the twenty world leaders there. I will give Trump this. No traditional diplomat on foreign policy or foreign policy professor would have advised the president to take such risks, to declare that we are on the road to Middle East peace and that he Donald Trump will chair the Board of Peace, then we'll deliver it. But Trump went to business school, not the school of foreign service, and he clearly believes that he can cajole, muscle, and bluster this conflict to a happy ending. And I'm not going to bet against him or for him, but I'll give but I do think he can pull it off. That's an amazing thing from somebody who hates Donald Trump as much as Tom Friedman. This whole recognizing that ignoring the rules of the past can work in your favor. Obviously it wouldn't always work in your favor, but sometimes it can. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about.
Speaker 5: Trump as the proverbial bull in the China Show. And there are situations where the China shop. The China that you're talking about is just the tired out, old expectations and conventional wisdom we've.
Speaker 1: Been talking about.
Speaker 5: It needs a bull because the China shop sucks. Nobody wants the China, nobody buys it, and it just sits there collecting dust. And his point about how Trump, you know, presents a grand vision. In the case of the Middle East and the various actors, the various heads of the countries and diplomats, they are now put in a position of either I go along with that grand vision or I face Trump's cajoling, bullying and bombs. So it's a beautiful example of that if you have an intractable problem, make it bigger. And now they're all in the position of this brave, beautiful new Middle East.
Speaker 1: Am I on board or not?
Speaker 5: I guess I'm on board talking about a big, beautiful, brave Middle East. A couple of years ago, it was the very narrow, just tired out two state solution. We must work toward a t state solution, which is just the worst sort of flip service to dissolving the problem.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be something to watch over the next well, not even months or years, maybe hours and days at least on this whole returning the bodies situation and the disarming situation again, they will disarm or we will disarm them. And he means now.
Speaker 5: Right, I really want to get to the Hamas situation right now. After a quick word from our friends, that is it a Price Picks Michael, Oh yeah, yeah, Oh my gosh. Between the baseball playoffs and the football, it's a great time to get in on daily fantasy sports with prize picks, the easiest, simplest, most fun way to spice up your view in your favorite sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you got basketball going again. Price Picks offers stacks, meaning you can pick the same player up to three times in the same lineup. Speaking of basketball, you want to pick more on Steph Curry's points, three pointers and assist, You can now pick all of them in the same lineup only on Price Picks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Price Picks is really simple to pay play. You just pick more or less on at least two player stats. If you get your picks right, you could cash in. They pay out super quick and are super crazy safe with your information. Join millions the users sign up for America's number one fantasy sports app download the Prize Picks app today.
Speaker 1: Use the code armstrong.
Speaker 5: You get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 1: You don't have to win, just use that code armstrong.
Speaker 5: You get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup Prize Picks.
Speaker 1: It's good to be right.
Speaker 5: So the situation in Gaza right now is crazy. So they're at peace with Israel Hamas is, but instead of laying down their arms and making clear that now is the time for peace, Hamas is quickly real arming, trying to take control of the streets, show that they're still in charge, and they're rounding up anybody who's opposed them now that these Israelis are out of the way, and either exiling them or shooting them dead in the streets in front of crowds.
Speaker 3: Well, they're claiming that they're having trials, oh yeah, and finding them guilty right.
Speaker 1: Of collaborating with the Israelis or whatever.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you've seen some of the pictures and videos, but they are horrific, horrific.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Clashes around a hospital in Gaza City on Sunday left dozens dead, some peace according to the Hamas unit.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: Videos emerge Monday, verified by various news organizations that show Hamas fighters dragging a number of men from one family into a public square in broad daylight, forcing them to kneel, and executing them in front of onlookers.
Speaker 3: Well, there are rival gangs that want to be the people that run Gaza instead of Hamas. Been running it for a long long time, and Hamas's the people that are left are saying no, you ain't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it's interesting the stuff that Trump said right before the quotes that we were just playing. He was asked about Hamas's deployment of security forces and ongoing crackdowns while he was on Air Force one. He said the group had understandably asked to be allowed to secure the devastated enclave. Quote, they've been open about it, and we gave them approval for a period of time. But they're going to disarm, and if they don't disarm, we will disarm them. And that whole bit.
Speaker 3: Have you heard this stat that people keep mentioning that Hamas still has a tunnel system the size of the New York City subway system.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's I heard there are a bunch that remained, but not that that's significant.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, incredible. Yeah, yeah, so there's one story.
Speaker 5: One early target of the Hamas guys was the dog Moosh family dog Mosh in Gaza City, long history of friction. This family backed the Fatah faction.
Speaker 1: Of the PLO. You may remember those guys from back in the day.
Speaker 5: On Sunday, masked Hamas fighters armed with kalishnikovs and pistols showed up outside the Jordanian Hospital in Gaza City. A number of Dogmash family members had taken shelter there during an Israeli offensive.
Speaker 1: Hamas ordered them to leave.
Speaker 5: They also demanded the family hand over ten members it alleged had cooperated with Israel. They said they couldn't turn over its sons. At the hospital gates, armed Hamas fighters threatened to clear the hospital by force unless the family members left immediately. When they refused, some of the gunmen raised their weapons. One pointed a weapon, and a family member threatened to bring the hospital.
Speaker 1: Down on top of him if he didn't leave.
Speaker 5: Another family member shot the Hamask guy dead, and that killing sharply escalated the fighting. Hamas closed off access around the hospital, besieged the neighborhood and open fire with machine.
Speaker 1: Guns, rocket propelled grenades.
Speaker 5: Just absolute craziness, dead ender Islamist, death cult, gang banging scum.
Speaker 3: This could be pretty exciting over the next several days or one thousand years.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, it's a good thing. Trump is a hard ass and Bbe's a hard ass. We'll have to see how hard ass the Gulf States are, because it is one hundred percent gonna take hard assidness to get Gaza turned around.
Speaker 1: One percent.
Speaker 3: Hard ass. Katie Porter, remember her from last week? She became a bit of a household name. I hadn't even heard of her here in California.
Speaker 1: Get out of my fing shot.
Speaker 3: I don't have to answer to that. I'm calling this ah and we got she tried to apologize yesterday, So we'll get to that coming up in just a little bit. I want to talk about that and what was the other thing on to get to Oh geez, we're gonna take a look back at what somebody called the high point in US debac that I had forgotten about. This is just like a throwback Wednesday sort of thing. Oh wow, that I think you'll find entertaining, so stay tuned for that.
Speaker 8: Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez has been accused of drunkenly assaulting a delivery driver before the driver stabbed him. The penalties offset for pete first down. If convicted, Sanchez could be sent to prison or worse.
Speaker 3: Back to the Jets. Those are decent jokes around a horrifying story of a drunken, giant, ex NFL football player who decided to beat up an old man, or beat an old man to death is what he was going to do until that old man, until that old man pulled a knife. Did you see that Sanchez's ex wife came out or X. I don't know if they ever married. X. Baby mom you came out and said I'm not surprised she had full custody of their kid because he's a violent lunatic and said, I'm not surprised at all by this so and degenerate drunk. Yeah, yeah, that's a rough story. So, boy, this is apropos of nothing. I just I was scrolling media and I came across this somebody who's calling this the low point or peak moment of US democracy or whatever. So we all remember the disastrous debate between Trump and Biden. It changed the course of perhaps world history see the Middle East currently. But we forget this part of it. I mean, if you remember watching it, it degenerated into this toward the end. This is not flattering for either one of them or for America as a whole.
Speaker 6: I just won two club championships, not even senior, two regular club championships. To do that, you have to be quite smart, and you have to be able to hit the ball a long way. And I do it. He doesn't do it. He can't hit a ball fifty yards. He challenged me to a golf match. He can't hit a ball fifty years.
Speaker 9: He's happy to have a driving contest. Yet, Kareim, I got my handicapped, which when I was vice president, down to a six. By the way, I told you, I'm happy to play golf. If you carry your own bag, I think you can do it.
Speaker 6: That's the biggest line. When he's a six handicap of all, I was an eight handicap.
Speaker 1: Yeah eight. Oh no, I've seen you swing.
Speaker 6: I know you swing.
Speaker 1: It was worse than I remember. I know me too.
Speaker 3: That's why I wanted to play it, because we all got I mean it drove the guy. It drove the sitting president out of office. It is a world changing I mean from the first moment, so we forgot that happened at the end, but when they got in it, and it goes on after that, when they got into that long conversation of which eighty year old is the best golfer? I mean it was like a couple of todder sitting around the clubhouse after too many beers, and in that setting, it would be embarrassing. Yeah, you're right. If it were kind of getting late at night at the bar there at the golf course and you got a couple of eighty year olds getting into it over who's the best golfer, you'd think.
Speaker 1: Is you were never a six?
Speaker 3: This is the general was this, Can you even carry your bag? I don't think you're good.
Speaker 5: I'll play an I'll play you anytime if you carry your bag, think you can? Alright, fellas, we gotta talk about Marthon else.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh, you didn't see the visual. But when Biden says, and God does Biden sound one hundred and fifty years old than.
Speaker 5: That, I was just gonna say that was the other big impression was that it sounds like two old men arguing about golf. Well, one of them is in his deathbed, right right, Let me die in peace.
Speaker 3: You have to attack my golfing here in the last moments of my life.
Speaker 5: Let my family in here stop yelling at me about golf.
Speaker 3: But when Biden says I got my handicapped down to a six, Trump rolls his eyes and makes his face looks so funny, like he he is actually personally offended by the fact that Biden claimed he had his six handicap. That's what was on his mind during the presidential debate. That guy's lying about his handicap. Oh that's funny.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, low moment, definitely.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Anyway, speaking of bad politics, that simmering ball of angry hate, Katie Porter of California attempting to apologize.
Speaker 1: Oh that went well, we'll have that audio for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I wonder how much she blew up her career. We'll know soon enough. How many times does an apology and I mean not in politics, just in any realm not make things worse? I think only if you like apologize immediately and it's like out of your own mind, as opposed to anytime somebody focus groups or talks to you know, some handler or something like that. Whether it's a corporation or whatever, it almost always makes a situation worse right, fuel to the fire, for sure, almost always. Anyway, we got that for you. A whole bunch of other stuff on the way. If you miss the second, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty. Katy Perry, the pop music superstar Wars spotted smooching a former Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau. What a couple.
Speaker 1: I've been wondering.
Speaker 3: How Canada was gonna exact their revenge for the.
Speaker 1: Tariffs, and this is it. They're taking our women.
Speaker 2: They're not just taking our women, they're taking our astronauts.
Speaker 3: That's a good jo and he's not an obnoxious political weany Kim. It's pretty funny taking our astronauts.
Speaker 1: Wow, that a good joke. Yes.
Speaker 5: So this is just yet more proof, as if you needed it, that the whole green energy climate change thing was a for profit scam. This is some great writing. Holman Jenkins, who I really enjoy he's talking about. You know, during the Obama years, they there was a finding by the EPA. I think it was that carbon emissions that caused climate change threatened people's health, so they could regulate it like mercury in the rivers or smog in the air. And he's writing about how thirty nine scientists from various organizations just signed to find signed a finding that in fact green greenhouse gases are in fact a danger because the Trump administration EPA just said no, they're not. So you got these thirty nine scientists anyway, So to quote Jenkins, read On realized their book length report is concocted for a bureaucratic and legalistic purpose, not a scientific one. The finding in the Obama years came to justify regulatory actions that have zero impact none on climate change. Not only are US emissions too small a share of the global total to matter. In practice, EPA actions mostly just drive US emissions off shore. Whatever they think that thirty nine scientists are part of a machine now defending its own activity and privilege in one of the biggest boondoggles in the history of policy making. And then he points out, and I was totally unaware of this, Michael Moore, the fat progressive film director.
Speaker 1: Why would I take a shot in his body shape it helps us necessary?
Speaker 3: I disagree. I think it was necessary. I think it helps describe who the person is for people who aren't sure. Oh yeah, the fat progressive film documentary guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, the judges will permit it. It will stand. Objection overruled anyway.
Speaker 5: He had a movie come out in twenty nineteen, Planet of the Humans, and he says, remember that, of course you don't. It was shadow banned by the left and film distributors, not because it wasn't climate apocalyptic y enough over the top on climate apocalyptics. It was shadow band for pointing out that the US climate policy was a fraud. Oh so Michael, who actually believes this stuff? Okay, so he actually believes climate changes a problem, we need to worry about it, and that all the stuff we're doing is fake and people need to know that because we're not making a debt. Well, good for him, I mean, you know, that's better than knowingly lying like the al Gore crowd is doing. Right, as Jenkins rights, it consisted of colossal pork barrel spending that was having no effect on the ellection problem.
Speaker 3: That is amazing. Michael Moore, one of the most revered documentary filmmakers of the left, ever gets memory hold on. Yeah, wow, that's interesting.
Speaker 5: They have Richard York at the University of Oregon seen marveling in the film at the self willed blindness of the US policy community to simple question to clean energy subsidies result in fossil fuels being displaced, He says in a voice of wonder, No, they don't even know that that's the question. It reminds me of when Californians found out that not only was there no measure of how effective the bums and junkies billions of dollars spent had been, there wasn't even a mechanism to look into the question. And that's what this guy's saying about the the climate change stuff, you know, and then he goes into details.
Speaker 1: It's totally interesting and good writing. But so like, I'm pretty.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty optimistic that we're on the other side of the whole trans issue and we're never going to go back to it at its peak, you know, from a couple of years ago where things were just off the rails. But I don't I don't have much faith that we'll get on the other side of the climate change thing where people will start being honest. Do you think maybe we're actually our head in that direction.
Speaker 5: That's going to be a tough because a lot of people are completely convinced that what they have been told is correct. Well, I met more on the left is dedicated to keeping that then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I met more in terms of being honest about what things actually are doing something and aren't doing something. I mean, to Michael Moore's point, you need more people like him or saying yeah, climate change is real, but the stuff we're doing isn't doing anything. I'm not worried about climate change the way he is, but none of these things are doing any good. So what are we doing it for? You combine people that don't believe in climate change with people who are honest about it but realize this stuff is phony and maybe we could kill it most of it right, because we can't actually do it. We can't actually do anything about it.
Speaker 5: Reality bats last, as we often say, I feel good that it's moving in that direction. There are a bunch of headlines actually that the entire world Europe is is now put its electric car in backward, in reverse when it comes to electric vehicles. The whole world is saying, you know, this wasn't quite what everybody is saying it was, including even China, which leads the world in electric vehicle use and sales and manufacture and.
Speaker 1: The rest of it.
Speaker 5: So I think, I think sanity is creeping into the issue. But a couple of more stories real quickly unless you add more on that. I love the topic, But the United Nations is about to tax you. If if you know, the other stuff we've talked to about today hasn't boiled your frog already, this will global government voters. Voters are showing their opposition to the net zero climate agenda whenever they get the chance in the US and increasingly in Europe.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't make sense. People don't like it.
Speaker 5: But that isn't stopping the United Nations, which this week is poised to impose what amounts to a global tax on carbon emissions. And yes, if you're wondering, this is the de mission of taxation without representation.
Speaker 1: Here's how they're doing it.
Speaker 5: The International Maritime Organization, a UN body based in London, hopes that it's meeting this week to secure final approval for its net zero framework for shipping, and it would impose charges per metric ton of carbon dioxide that ships emit above certain levels, and the tax would be several hundred dollars per metric ton, depending on various factors. That could translate to an annual tax take of ten to twelve billion dollars.
Speaker 3: And then see how many of the people behind that new rule somehow profit from that. But that's horrifying. So I mentioned that I listened to a podcast.
Speaker 5: And all the money would go to the UN. By the way, oh lovely right.
Speaker 3: I mentioned I was listened to a podcast out of Great Britain talking about what a disaster their net zero. They really took net zero seriously and just destroyed their economy a lot of Europe did. In fact, I got a stat on that that I wanted to bring that I came.
Speaker 5: In poll seventy five percent of Brits agree with the statement Britain is broken seventy five percent just.
Speaker 3: In general, not just around climate change stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I mean that selling out the economy to that cult is one of the main drivers of unhappiness and dissatisfaction of all of Europe.
Speaker 3: Yesterday it was announced Ninvidia is worth more than the entire German stock market. That one company, Mississippis. We had this stat last week. Mississippi's per capita income is almost the same as Germany's. So the most powerful economy in Europe, Germany is roughly the same as our poorest state in the United States.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is incredible. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And one thing we don't we don't have a near enough understanding of in this country is why we have such an engine of creativity and growth.
Speaker 1: It's called liberty, for God's sake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've been the richest country for a long time, but not to this extent versus a relative to Europe. And a lot of it is because of all that climate change crap. They did so much climate change crap to just destroy their economies. That's amazing. Though our poorest state is as powerful as Germany.
Speaker 1: It's incredible. Yeah. It really is.
Speaker 5: Final story that I wanted to squeeze in because it's all kind of related. Note to self by stock In nuclear here's the headline for you. US Army plans to power bases with tiny nuclear reactors. The Janus program fulfills Trump order to start powering military installations with state of the art nuclear technology.
Speaker 1: This is such a great idea.
Speaker 3: Dang right.
Speaker 5: Time to go nuke, Hey, hippies with your no nuke crap and your climate change bulls, and I wish I could use the word your day is done.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: I just pray that JD. Vance wins the next election or whomever there's. I mean, we got so far down the road to Crazyville, it's going to take a minute or two to get our way to find our way back to Sanity Town, or at least Sanity Heights in the suburbs.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 3: The least attractive politician in America, and I mean that personality wise, is this Katie Porter person Michael feel herself out of my effing shot.
Speaker 1: You're asleep at the switch? No what hello?
Speaker 3: We don't have that clipy on this shot anyway. So she tried to apologize yesterday. It did not go well, and we'll have that for you coming up.
Speaker 1: Stay do.
Speaker 3: So the always attempting to make a joke John Kennedy of Louisiana Sorry Alive, did a pretty good at mocking im uh conceptualizing him. Saturday night, John Kennedy, always trying to make a joke, said probably the best way to end the shutdown would be the lock fun and Schumer in a room with Katie Porter and tell them they can't come out until there's a deal.
Speaker 5: That's funny. It is, that is funny. The delightful Katie Porter of California. Have you heard her act? This is what brought her to a lot of people's attention last week.
Speaker 3: And the state could lose.
Speaker 10: You're out of my shot.
Speaker 3: I wanted to tell you that that's actually incorrect.
Speaker 6: It's not that it's electric vehicles.
Speaker 7: It's that you don't need commitment Paris climb report.
Speaker 10: Okay, it does.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: You also were in my shot before that. Stay out of my shot, Stay out of my shots.
Speaker 1: Off and.
Speaker 5: I gotta have a dance remex Come on Internet, what are you doing there?
Speaker 1: Going lazy on me?
Speaker 5: And then the video where she cuts short an interview with a perfectly reasonable reporter because she.
Speaker 1: Just didn't want to.
Speaker 5: Well, she's had seething ball of hatred and anger. Everybody knows that she poured boiling mashed potatoes on her husband's head. She's known as missus potato Head in Orange County, California, et cetera. Well, she realizes that her hopes of being the governor of the most corrupt state in the Union are shaky now because she had really been in the lead, because she's the best water carrier and you know, doer of deeds for the powers that actually run California guarantee unions and the lawyers.
Speaker 3: I guarantee you, in the back of her mind she has inklings of being President of the United States someday.
Speaker 5: Well so, anyway, having realized that her being exposed as an angry her mounculus with a face like a closed fist has heard her chances, she's now doing the apology circuit.
Speaker 1: And here's how it went. We'll start with ad Michael.
Speaker 7: Should California voters feel confident that there aren't any more Katie Porter videos out there, well, what.
Speaker 10: I know is that I could have done better in those moments. I'm going to be focused on earning their votes and earning their trust. That's true in every election. I've only ever had tough elections. So I'm absolutely aware that I'm going to have to continue to show them. I'm going to have to answer every question. I'm glad I got to continue that interview and finish that interview and answer all her questions. And that's what I'm going to continue to do to show Californians not only that I understand their problems, but that I have the will and the strength of character to actually get something done.
Speaker 3: Why are politicians so tiring when they go into there? We know what you're going to say, Spiel just so tiring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was not bad.
Speaker 5: She is reasonably skillful when she's not in the throes of her frequent temper tantrums. But the reporter ed is dog it on her trail and wants to follow up.
Speaker 7: But not just the CBS interview, the interview with the staffer. Can voters be confident that there won't be another one of those videos that's going to come to light?
Speaker 10: What I do know is that I could have done better in that situation.
Speaker 7: Does not to know? So is there potentially another video that we're going to see?
Speaker 10: Nikki? I'm going to be honest with you. I know that that video and that video was several years ago, as you know, And I apologize to the staffer that's super important to me, and will continue to try to hold myself to do better. That's that's what I can promise.
Speaker 3: Stop asking me this question. I'm gonna put potatoes on your head and Nicki Lorenzo the Fox forty reporter is not having.
Speaker 7: It, but not that there's not going to be any more videos, because that's that's what people are wondering. Are we going to see something else like that?
Speaker 10: I can tell you what I've told you, which is that I am taking responsibility for this situation, and I'm also not going to back down from from fighting back for California, from being tough. I don't I don't think this is a moment where the same old, same old is going to cut it. But that doesn't change the fact that I what I did to that stuff her was wrong. I've acknowledged it to her in that moment, and I've acknowledged it now.
Speaker 5: She's ground all the enamel off of her teeth right by now in the interview, trying not to attack the reporter with her hands because she is such.
Speaker 1: A fuful anger.
Speaker 3: If she had had a pot of boiling potatoes handy, she would have dumped them on the potato on the reporter's head.
Speaker 1: Thank god she didn't.
Speaker 3: Her answer was, if you can't read between the lines, yes, there are many more videos out there. I'm a horrible person. I have yelled at children, I have drowned cats, I have done all kinds of awful things, and they're all on video, and they're going to come out and I'm gonna have to answer for all of them.
Speaker 5: What you need to understand, Nikki, is that those incidents weren't exceptions. That's how I live my life. So yes, there are almost certainly.
Speaker 3: That he should have said, do you mean today, I've done it several times today, or a bit DMB video doing awful things?
Speaker 1: So I've got them catalog.
Speaker 5: Do you want me screaming at a handicapped man, a handicapped woman, a small child, a child with a cat or without a cat. We've got it all alphabetized, berating a staffer, berating a voter.
Speaker 3: What would you like me berating? I got my whole berating category. Yes, Katie, and that's Katie. There's actually a video service called Cameo where she could set herself up and people could purchase videos of her yelling at them, and she could give up politics and make a boatload of money doing that. That'd be funny. I have friends who nothing could be funnier, But if I had her yelling at them for their birthday, I'd pay fifty bucks for that. Absolutely. So we used to have Steve Hilton on Now and Then. He's a British guy who you see on Fox as his own show. He tweeted out, Katie Porter just ripped the mask off. These California Democrat politicians are all like this, an arrogant, entitled ruling elite who think they're above accountability for their failures. I think that's very true. That happens in all one party states. It's just the history of one party governance. You end up with lots of people like this who think they can say and do anything right.
Speaker 5: Into paraphrase the great Katie Grimes in this cavalcade of Katie's, you don't rise to the top of California politics by being a good leader or politician. You do it by prostituting yourself to the special interests period, the public employee.
Speaker 1: Unions and the related unions.
Speaker 5: They don't give a crap whether you have the good of the people California and in your heart. No, they just want you to carry their water. So, yeah, you get to Katie Porter's. Can you imagine her being the best choice to lead a state?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 3: I can't believe that she actually went with I fell short. Given the fact that that's Gavin Newsom's phrase from when he got caught eaten at the French laundry door.
Speaker 1: We all fall short. Sometimes thought she would have the same PR people. I'll bet they do. They probably hired the same crisis PR company.
Speaker 3: You'd have thought that she I'm going to hold myself to a higher standard and do better. I know that I fell short. You can't say that when Gavin is the last plitician in California to have a level this level controversy.
Speaker 1: What else are you gonna say? I suck?
Speaker 3: People hate me and I hate them and I hate them. If you miss is like me. Get the podcast Armstrong You Getty on demand
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty