Speaker 1: It's the Best Bit of the week.
Speaker 2: With Morgan Part two, she's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bone Show this week.
Speaker 3: Hello, everybody, welcome to the Best Bits. It's time to catch up on the Bobby Bone Show together. We've got a lot of stuff that happened this week. If you're sticking around and want to hang out, you can check out Part one and part three this weekend with Scuba Steve. Part one we talked about Valentine's Day and some fun life moments that have happened for us recently. And then part three we always answer listener questions, so check those out if you want to get to know Scuba Steve and myself a little bit better.
Speaker 4: If not, you just want to catch up on the show, that's cool too, So let's do that. The guys admitted household fights that they get in.
Speaker 3: There's a study about the things that cause the most fights in households. So maybe you're gonna listen to this and be like, oh, crap, this is what's happening in my life. Well, maybe you can also relate to the guys because they shared what's happening in their houses, and you know, everybody's got stuff going on, so just know you're not alone.
Speaker 1: Number seven.
Speaker 5: A study found out what household issues couples living together fight about the most. So I have the whole list here, we'll just go to you guys they live with somebody lunchbox. What do you fight about the most household issues? So money, I don't think counts, okay, go ahead, Dishes okay, laundry, Oh, there there's a list. What do you fight about?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 5: Like you not doing them?
Speaker 6: It's more of a hey, when are you gonna do the dishes? Well? Why aren't you gonna do the dishes?
Speaker 5: Like it's a it's stalemate.
Speaker 6: It's a stalemate.
Speaker 5: Do you guys ever just leave them forever?
Speaker 6: Yeah, like you'll have them. You'll tell the kids put the dishes in the seak what's overflowing, and put it on the counter so it spills out onto the counter because no one wants.
Speaker 5: To do the dishes since of their dirty dishes all over the counter.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I got it. Clothes like laundry, there's clothes all over the place. Who's gonna pick those up? Who's gonna do the laundry? Who's gonna put the laundry away?
Speaker 5: Will you guys, do the old Mexican stare down?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 5: Is that what it's called that? No, So if my Mexican friends haven't heard about it, possibly not a thing they say in Mexico. Eddie, what about in your house the air?
Speaker 7: How cold it is, how warm it is? I like it so warmed it. So we're always just arguing about the temperature. And then UH just kind of like, uh, she doesn't like that I set my alarm so early. She kind of mentions like, you know, or things like leaving the TV on, going to I love to go to sleep with the TV. Stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Leaving lights on around the house is number one. Number two is the temperature. We used to disagree on temperature, but now she likes it freezing cold. For some reason, I think I've converted her. It's it's one of the feathers of my cat. That's good because I would love it freezing. And now she's totally in on that. Most of our stuff is dog related, Like dogs go outside, they come inside. Who cares if it's wet outside? They can track everywhere. I don't give a crap, but she does. And so she's like, if you knew the dogs were out yeah, maybe wap their feet or something. We're now a no shoe household, which I was really annoying for me because everybody take their shoes off, and I'm embarrassed to tell people to take their shoes off when they come to the front door if they're coming in, I'm embarrassed to go, oh, take your shoes off. I don't know why, but that always feels weird.
Speaker 7: It just seems fancy. It's not, but it just seems like you're being too fancy, like take your shoes off, please.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 5: I feel it's the opposite. I really feel like it's not fancy at all. Like it's just total redneck oh, like bare feet everybody. So, but now it's weird if I go to someone's house and I'm wearing shoes because I'm like all the crap that I've bought on my feet, I'm not tracking all over their house. Yeah, feels dirty. So that was one. So she's converted me in the shoes. I've converted her in the air. We still disagree on dogs sometimes because I really don't care what they do their nature.
Speaker 9: Definitely try to wipe their pulls.
Speaker 5: Leaving the toilet set up is number three. Not really an issue in our house, maybe because I think she just sees it up and puts it down. I don't ever think it, really, I never think about it. I haven't been trained to think about it. One time she fell in the middle of the night.
Speaker 9: Huh.
Speaker 6: But I mean, I don't.
Speaker 5: Really think about it when I pee, not doing dishes at four, starting but not completing housework is at five? Whose turn is it? Clean the floor at six? Okay, dirty clothes on the floor, Yeah, I do that when I think about it. In the bathroom, just the bathroom, only in one spot, and I will leave towels up on the sink instead of hanging them, yeah, or putting me the dirty clothes. And she's like, you're gonna use that tally gangs I've used a couple of times. No, I've used it a couple of times. Well, why is it still on the sink. Well, you never know. I may decide to use it again. And then finally, not making the bed, which she's a big bed maker. I leave so early in the morning that I'm never there to be part of the bed making. But if i'm there in the afternoon, it's not made. I am told to go in and make it with her because it's easier with two people.
Speaker 6: You still have a lot of pillows.
Speaker 5: Oh dude, there's like one hundred. It's awful. Yeah, it could they cover the whole bed. It's not even a pillow. I mean, it's not in a bed. It's a pillow, it's a pillow holder.
Speaker 7: It's a pillow with a bed.
Speaker 5: She's put three new massive pillows on the bed and they don't stand there when you sleep. They go off the bed, but they can't go on the floor because that would be gross to take pillows that have touched the floor to put back on the bed. So on this little stand. And then secondly, she has this little blanket she puts at the very bottom of the bed that we don't even use. It's just there for look, and it's not even.
Speaker 9: Less, Like, why do we need this for decoration?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I know, but I don't.
Speaker 6: We don't.
Speaker 5: We never use it. And it's not like people are going into our room. Why decorate where nobody goes It's my whole argument there. But yeah, those those would be ours, Mike. What about you guys? What do you guys fight about?
Speaker 10: I'd say I make a mess in the kitchen a lot, and then I don't restock anything, Like I'll see something that's empty or almost empty, and I won't think to get any more of it.
Speaker 5: My favorite thing is still much boxed. Does dirty closing in the bathtub?
Speaker 6: Yep, that's where my hamper is is the bathtub. Because we don't have a hamper, so we're you gonna put them. You don't want them on the floor, throw them in the bathtub. Then when it's trying to wash them, take them out of the bathtub, take them to the washer and dryer.
Speaker 5: But you can never take a bath.
Speaker 6: Never take a bath. Bath is off limits.
Speaker 5: Why not get a hamper? What if we got you a hamper, would you guys use it?
Speaker 6: I think my wife would love that. I think it's like five bus nothing. I'm honest. I think my wife would be over the moon if you got us a hamper.
Speaker 9: She's like her whole marriage. She's like, I've been wanting to take a bath.
Speaker 6: I mean she does. She gets so she's like, I don't understand.
Speaker 5: So that's a you thing that puts dirty clothes.
Speaker 6: And I'm the one that started it, but she.
Speaker 8: Started to join in because I think it's sort of like you can't beat them, join them.
Speaker 6: I think I wore her down, for sure, wore her down.
Speaker 5: That's a weird one though, Like the air thing. I wore my wife down, the shoot thing. She wore me down. Dirty cloths in the bathtub, that's the weirdest one.
Speaker 6: Hey, you know what I mean. You got to You've got to start new traditions.
Speaker 5: Not really a tradition, but okay.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week. With Morgan number two, there's.
Speaker 4: All kinds of national holidays.
Speaker 3: Now, well, we decided to create our own national holidays, and everybody went a different.
Speaker 4: Route with this. It was kind of all over the board.
Speaker 3: So listen, let us know what national holiday of ours that you may be joining into.
Speaker 1: Number six.
Speaker 5: Hight everybody follow me here. Imagine this, if you could create a new holiday that was to be celebrated by everyone in the world, you have full control. What would that holiday be? So a brand new holiday, you get to create it. Everybody has to celebrate it because it matters to a lot of people. What would that holiday be? I'll go first. I would create National Left Handed People Day. Our life in many ways is way more difficult than right handed people because Let's say you have a pencil or a pen and you got to write. It's all in the back of your hand. And that's just the start of it. A desk built for writing. A person scissors right handed scissors, you have to go track down left handed scissors. Who even has those? Playing ball baseball, we go to Walmart to find a glove. You have to go through five hundred glove before you find one. Left handed playing guitar. I never get to play my friend's guitars. Nobody plays left handed. It is playing baseball and has a pretty good baseball player. There's only really one position in the infield you can play. Otherwise you got to play in the outfield, and that's if you don't have it like a can of an arm, So you can only play first base. You can't catch. You can pitch, but that doesn't count. That's not really in the infield. Like that's that's the pitching is different. But you can't play second base, third base, shortstop, can't catch. Being left handed is very difficult. And I would like to have a day to celebrate the marginalized left handers of the world.
Speaker 9: But then the right handed people participate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they celebrate us. That's about us.
Speaker 7: Everyone do everything left handed.
Speaker 5: No, you just celebrate us. You get us treats. It could be like cupcakes, or you get us a gift for like a massage or something. I don't know. National left Handed People's Day is my holiday that everybody celebrates because you have no idea how hard it is for us. Thank you, Amy.
Speaker 9: Oh gosh.
Speaker 8: When you said massage, I was like, okay, you run my mind because my holiday would be for adoptive.
Speaker 9: Parents adopted kids.
Speaker 8: It's a national holiday where you go and any place that offers a massage, you go in, you show proof of adoption, and bam, you get a free massage.
Speaker 5: Does it matter though you chose to be an adopted parent because I didn'tchoose to be left handed, And I feel like that's why I should be celebrated. I had no choice.
Speaker 9: You should still be celebrated.
Speaker 5: We're speaking up holidays, but I know, but I think I would make up a holiday. I'd go adopt a kid to get a free massage.
Speaker 7: Noah, you can do that.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you, Lunchbox National prom King Day.
Speaker 5: No, just celebrating ourselves here, No, no, no, and that.
Speaker 6: Knows me all the prom kings in the world if you were voted prom king, and I guess you.
Speaker 5: We could include the queens. But that's like something good. You already got something good.
Speaker 6: I didn't choose this right, but it was bestowed upum me. And let's not forget. Let's not just leave it in the past. We need to remember it every year, how much we sacrificed and how awesome we were to get to that position. We go into restaurants on National prom King Day, guess what, free meal?
Speaker 5: Oh that's not a hardship or anything difficult, Like you were already awarded, so you want to get awarded again for your award one.
Speaker 6: I don't want you to forget. Okay, that's what I'm saying. We forget about a lot of things, like presidents. We've already given them their their flowers, but we celebrate them every year.
Speaker 5: It's because they did things that probably did things.
Speaker 6: We made your life better. What do you think prom king is? It's everybody wanted to be around us. They looked up to us.
Speaker 5: Do you guys remember your prom king?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, because you weren't it. That's what I'm saying. We got to bring it back. You've got to call your prom ging be like this is called.
Speaker 5: Peaked in high School Day. That's how we call it, Peaked in high School Day. Okay, Eddie, National Outdoor Grilling Day. It doesn't matter if you've never grilled before. This day, you are grilling.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 7: The firefighters should probably be ready to go just one case, because I think there'll be more fires than usual.
Speaker 5: And we'll follow that day with National Firefighter Day. There we go celebrate them. Yeah, and then you know there's a lot of like PSAs on how to grill. Yeah, the whole education I grew it. Okay, that's that'd be fun. That's pretty good more than anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it would be similar in yours.
Speaker 3: It would be National Short People's Day because I am five foot tall and I'm always made fun of. There's you're always the butt of the joke because you're the short person. You can't ever reach anything. There's never a place for you to be able to reach sing. Nothing is made for short people.
Speaker 5: Gladders everywhere, every score you go into on a sale on cell step ladder, step ladders to get Oh, now we're talking like.
Speaker 9: We all have to lower ourselves.
Speaker 7: Oh, we have to get down on that.
Speaker 3: You have to help every short person you see and you cannot make fun of them for doing it, like when you're in the grocery store.
Speaker 5: Well, no, short is not. I would say average hige anything below average high, like you can define that. I think most of these days are people that have given up something or not been given something, and it's an education. And then the other days peaked high schoolday, which I do find we could do. It's like you're a quarterback in high schoo football team and then you kind of flamed.
Speaker 9: Out like Uncle Rico.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Uncle Rico haters hate day.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, there was an anonymous inbox about a mother in law driving our listener crazy, and it propped in the guys on our show to talk about their mother in laws, and it even went to the point of them sharing their best and worst parts about their mother in laws.
Speaker 2: Number five, it's anonymous sin by.
Speaker 6: Anonymous sinbar. Here's the question to be because.
Speaker 5: The well, hello, Bobby Bones, my wife and I are expecting our first child, but my mother in law's making everything about her. She's planning a nursery at her house without asking us, telling everyone she'll be taking care of our baby after my wife returns to work, even tried to come to doctor's appointments. My wife says, this is just how her mom shows love, but it's making me start to dread becoming a parent. This is supposed to be the happiest time in our lives, but my mother in law is ruining it. How do I set boundaries without causing family drama signed trouble with the mother in law? So I will say this, You're very lucky to be annoyed by this. You have somebody that cares. I can for sure see why you would be annoyed, because at times people can be a bit overbearing, a bit controlling. But why I would be fortunate in this situation is that it is totally out of love. So, first of all, temper your annoyance, because this mother in law is doing this out of love, not out of spite, which I'm sure is going to happen at different times and for different reasons. So that's what I will say.
Speaker 6: First.
Speaker 5: Now, we don't have kids yet, so it's hard for me to do the whole having a baby mother in law hopping in Eddie. What would be your advice.
Speaker 6: Here, get it early.
Speaker 7: You have to set those boundaries early. I remember when we had our first son. It was my parents that were kind of the tough ones. They would just show up unexpectedly, and.
Speaker 5: I remember from different states.
Speaker 7: No from San Antonio, which was like an hour and have drive, but they would just.
Speaker 6: Ding ding, we're here, where's the baby?
Speaker 7: And we just had to draw that line early, like, you know, this is our family, let us know when you're coming.
Speaker 5: That kind of.
Speaker 7: Stuff, because grandparents do feel I don't know what it is. I'm not a grandparent, but they do feel like ooh, once that grandchild is born, like yes, they're mine, we want to love them, we want to spoil them, and it's really hard on the parents. So I say, just set those boundaries early and let them know immediately that this is how it's going to be.
Speaker 5: Never did I hear you say how fortunate you were that your parents or her parents cared so much. No, I'm just annoyed it.
Speaker 7: You don't feel that, man, You're just like, what are you doing showing up in my house?
Speaker 5: Lunchbox?
Speaker 6: Listen, man, I'm gonna tell you what I'm gonna be the exact opposite. You are so lucky that you have family closed by. You know how much money you're gonna save by not sending that kid to daycare. If they are willing to watch your kid for free, Oh my gosh, when the baby is born and your wife goes back to work and you got free daycare, you should be thanking the heavens. Dude, your pocketbook is gonna be fatter now coming to the appointments. Tell her to kick rocks, like this is for me and my wife and our baby. If I can't make it, you can go to the appointment, but we don't need you showed up to the appointments. You can tell her straight up, but say we thank you make a nursery. You are gonna be such a good grandma, and you're gonna watch that kid for free. Wlah, whah whah.
Speaker 5: Maybe she comes to an occasional appointment or so so she doesn't.
Speaker 6: That's right, and I'm gonna say it like it's great. I know mother in law's gonna be annoying. In law's gonna be annoying. My mother in law's annoying a lot of the times. But the fact that they are willing to watch the baby for free and they are already all on board.
Speaker 5: That is awesome. Yeah, there you go. I think it's a pretty good little selection of opinions. All that kind of say the same thing. You need a little boundary, but appreciate right now what you will for sure appreciate later, and that would be these people, these in laws, these mother and father loving the baby and wanting to be there. The best thing about your let's do best and worst best thing about your in laws at EGO.
Speaker 7: First, the best thing about my in laws they are very sweet and kind. They're like I can talk to them very easily about things. That's awesome.
Speaker 5: Should we do best thing about mother in law specifically since it's mother in laws. Okay, besting about mother in law?
Speaker 3: Go.
Speaker 7: My mother in law loves me.
Speaker 5: That's the best thing about her. She loves you.
Speaker 6: She loves me.
Speaker 7: Out of the three son in laws that she has, I'm her favorite.
Speaker 5: Does every son in law feel that way?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 7: It's kind of on them though they're like they like they just don't get close to her. She loves me, We talk all the time. She's awesome.
Speaker 5: So the best thing about her she loves you. Got it. Lunchbock's the best thing about your mother in law?
Speaker 6: Oh man. The best thing about my mother in law is she cares. She does care. She cares about me. But I would say about the kids, like, I mean, she's willing to, like if we want to take a weekend away, she's willing to travel here to watch the kids. Like, she's willing to do that. So that's from Texas, from Texas, so she's willing to be involved, which is awesome.
Speaker 5: I would say the best thing about my mother in law is that she is wildly funny. It's where my wife gets it. My mother in law is cutting funny. No prisoners by the way, nobody is safe, all for the sake of being hilarious. And she is very consistent, meaning she's been very consistent with her kids, my wife her whole life, like the one thing that they have had through their parents' consistency. So that would be my mother in law worst thing.
Speaker 6: All right, that's good.
Speaker 5: We gotta do best. Worse Eddie worst.
Speaker 7: You know, she kind of like makes herself at home a little bit too much, Like she she comes, she comes to our house and she's like, all right, this is not in the right place. This is no, you don't need that. She throws stuff away things like that. She can work on that lunchbox.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she overstays her welcome and she is definitely miscorrection. Oh you're not doing like you're not doing the lawns. You're right, you're not doing the dishes. You don't put the dishes in that cabinet. You don't want the cups are too high? How are the kids going to reach them? But I mean, like we have a stool the incliment, Well, you don't want them up on a stool, because what if you're.
Speaker 5: Not the room.
Speaker 6: It's like, all right, look, we get along without you being here, so when you're here, we don't need to change everything.
Speaker 5: Mine's probably she's not around enough. I don't get to see them enough.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well we meant that too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like there's not like a direct flight, so they don't ever you know it, it's a whole process to get over here. They don't come here enough. When they do, say, they don't stay long enough. Oh man, that's the worst problem. She's got to work on that, I know exactly, and it hurts me to say that, but I want to be honest about it. Okay, trouble with mother in law. Just be grateful for what you have. If you need a boundary, set them very gently because you're gonna really need them to be around later.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: This has become a fan favorite Tuesday Reviews Day where we share a bunch of TV shows, movies we've all seen, and our ratings on them.
Speaker 4: I think it's because there's so much out.
Speaker 3: There to consume, and when you get on all these different streaming services, you're like, what am I going to watch tonight?
Speaker 4: That's actually worth my time?
Speaker 3: So this is what Tuesday Reviews Day is for, where we share our thoughts and if you should watch something or maybe skip it.
Speaker 5: Number four Tuesday Reviews Day, What did you finish? We finished The au Day Murders on Netflix? Anybody else watched this?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 9: Okay, I've been reading it as are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's a different country. It's got two little dots. It's called The r Day Murders. Okay, So it's Swedish. We did English subtitles and made them speak English even though the mounts didn't match. And so it's based on this book. That's all I want to say. It's on Netflix, five episodes only. For the whole thing, I give it three and a half out of five snowfalls. It's a detective it's like a thriller detective murder type series. Okay, and it's spelled aar but it's the Auday Murders. But then the other language it's a day mota one word. So we did that and then we watched and we finished Say Nothing on Hulu, which it was crazy good. And it's real life too. This was based on the IRA, the Irish Republican Army and how they were fighting to get Northern Ireland back from the British and it was the story of basically these kids that were in the Irish Republican Army. I don't want to say too much about it. You have to put the sub They speak in English, but it's Irish, so you don't know half the craft they're saying, so you have to put the subtitles on to read along. And it's all true. And the story is about Gene mccombell, a single mother of ten. The first episode, she's abducted from her home. All her kids are there, and the whole time you're trying to figure out what was up while actually learning about the history of that war. It's really good.
Speaker 9: I made note of that.
Speaker 5: There are certain things that they say the late like I means yeah, oh yeah, lots of Irish. I give it four and a half out of five forour lead clovers.
Speaker 9: I'm Irish, So.
Speaker 5: There's not one forty clover in the whole series, and I think it's like nine episodes, but Irish four leaf clovers. I give it four and a half. Really really great, and then especially when you learn something like that makes it even better. So that's what I got there.
Speaker 4: Amy Anything chiefs Aholics.
Speaker 5: You watched this documenting Gosh.
Speaker 8: My homework Assignment, and I give it three point five out of five.
Speaker 4: Wolves.
Speaker 5: Oh, this is the documentary on Amazon about the guy who would go to a way Kancity Chief Games. He'd rob banks on the way to fund his lifestyle.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Crazy.
Speaker 8: I just felt like in the beginning it was a little bit slow, we could have gotten there, and then I felt like it was really dramatic towards the end. So three point five, I don't want to give anything away.
Speaker 5: Kind of blew your mind. That was real though, right, Yeah, Like I.
Speaker 8: Knew nothing about this, Like, if y'all talked about it, I have one to hear out the other because I was just not familiar with the entire story, and it is kind of crazy how it all played out.
Speaker 5: He's a super fan of the Chiefs and wanted to have money, so we'd rob banks on the way to games.
Speaker 8: And what's bizarre to me is people were actually online trying to support him and.
Speaker 5: Sheer for the other Chiefs fans Chiefs Kingdom and they stick together.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know, but I mean, at some point have to realize this has gone too far.
Speaker 5: Mike d did you watch the new Marvel movie New Captain America movie Brave New World Theater? Yeah, okay, thoughts, I think after thirty five Marvel movies, my expectations they're a little bit higher. It was really average, and it kind of felt like a bait the switch, Like the whole trailer was like him fighting the Red Hulk.
Speaker 6: It's a very little part of the movie.
Speaker 5: Who's him the New Captain America? Anthony Anthony Mackie got it, Morgan, did you watch it too?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I went to it. I'm opposite. I loved it. I thought it was great. It tied up some loosens it. I feel like it started a new side of the Marvel movies that's coming, and I really like him as the new Captain America.
Speaker 5: All right, Mike your review you're rating.
Speaker 6: I give it three out of five shields.
Speaker 3: Morgan, I give it four out of five pills.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't get any of the references and pills. There's been thirty five movies. Thirty five you've seen them all?
Speaker 10: Seen them all?
Speaker 5: Could you pass?
Speaker 6: Ten times?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Multiple times?
Speaker 5: Which one have you seen the most?
Speaker 10: Probably Avengers Endgame? I rewatched that one every few months.
Speaker 5: Wow. Yeah, it wasn't that one like three and a half hours?
Speaker 10: Yeah, you just put it on, come back to it later, rewatch it.
Speaker 5: All Right, there you go. Tuesday reviews days. We'll put those up up on Bobbybones dot com.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week. With Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: Working in country music for years, all of us have some really awesome stories that involve country artists. But we decided to go back to the origin of things and everybody shared the country artists that made them fall in love with country music. Maybe it'll prompt some stories and memories for you and to think about who inspired your love of country music.
Speaker 4: If you're here for the music.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're here for the talking, but if you're here for the music, this will be a good one for you.
Speaker 5: Number three saw this on Audian's Instagram story. He had posted at what artists made you fall in love with country music? I mean I felt like, I know yours. Yours has got to be George Strait.
Speaker 9: Yes, he would be correct, Okay.
Speaker 5: And how so what us just say yes Georgetrait memory?
Speaker 8: Uh, probably my uncle will looking for him, like as a kid and my dad always listening to George Strait and me finding out, Oh that's where Uncle Ted works.
Speaker 5: That's very personal. That's a good memory.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So, and he was in South Texas and I just feel like we listened to I mean, my earliest earliest memory is my dad and mom being at home, which I have very few memories of my dad living with us because he left when I was like nine, But they would listen to a lot of Kenny Rogers. So I hear that over the speakers in my living room. But if I had to say for me how I fell in love with it, it was Amarillo by morning two, stepping with my dad like I would stand on top of his feet and he would dance around the living room and that's probably my earliest memory. And we just loved George Strait and then we would He was probably one.
Speaker 9: Of my first concerts.
Speaker 8: Amy Grant was my first verse, but George Strait was probably a second.
Speaker 5: So my grandma when she would teach me how to play cards aka gamble, because I started learning how to play cards at five years old, like gambling. She had a record player and it was like two records. It was a Johnny Cash gospel album. I guess there she had Andy Griff gospel album too, but I don't know that's country although Johnny Cash. But then she had Ray Charles Modern sounds of country music, so we listened to that. That's what I remember listening to as a kid kid when I didn't get to choose, like I thought that was what current country music was. But when I got to choose, it was. But the first time I heard Don't Take the Girl, I was like, this is the craziest song I've ever heard. Oh yeah, I was like, this is the deepest song. I'll never be the same after I heard Don't Take the Girl.
Speaker 9: Was that ninety four nineteen ninety.
Speaker 5: Four, maybe maybe ninety two. I'm bad on Yours could have been. But I remember listening to the radio. I'm Kissing ninety six and Don't Take the Girl came on at night and I was like, oh my god, I can't believe they told the whole story he had ninety four you nailed it?
Speaker 9: Oh really?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 8: See well, I remember we used to have these dances and when that song would come on, I feel like we'd all just gasp and be like, somebody could ask us to dance.
Speaker 5: Oh, I feel like I just wanted to like did you live? Like it's a whole story. It was the first time I'd been told a story in a song where I felt like I was I was like bonded to that story. Artists wise, it was definitely Garth Brooks, just because he was a monster solid. Every song was just banger after banger. Never really saw him in concert, I guess until I met.
Speaker 7: Him yeah later in life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I never got to go to a concert. But it was Garth Brooks as far as the music part of it. But my grandma way early. It was kind of forced upon me, which I appreciate now. But then when I got to pick. It was don't take the girl on Garth Brooks Edi year.
Speaker 7: Same with me man Garth Brooks. I mean, I was such a fan. I was in the fan club and I remember asking my parents like, can I please have this world tour Garth Brooks jacket. Never went to a show, but I want that jacket, and my dad sacrificed. He got me the jacket and I wore it everywhere I went and it was shiny. It was cheesy looking, but I guess it was like the crew jacket, the ones that they would the crew would wear on the tour.
Speaker 5: How'd he get it?
Speaker 7: His body was online?
Speaker 5: Like it's well, I guess it was kind of been online.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I think they would send you like in the mail, a catalog or whatever, and that's all the stuff. All the stuff was in it, and I'll never forget it. Black sleeves and it was green, was shiny and it said.
Speaker 6: Garth Brooks World Tour on it.
Speaker 5: Did you ever have any of the Garth shirts?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, the Mobetta shirts? Well yeah, all the colors. It was always jealous. I had the checkered one, the n pieces one.
Speaker 5: On the front of the album one. Yeah, like the picture on the front right. Yes, I was legit. Yeah, Garth was awesome. He's not dead now, but I'm saying like there were kids like he was like a rock star for country music people.
Speaker 7: Well, and when that TV special came out, you know where he broke the guitar and theire No, it was early, early on, and that was so big because it was like on CBS or something. It was on national television and here was this cowboy breaking guitars fired behind them and rain coming down as he's singing thunder rolls. I'm like, it's just this is amazing. Never seen anything like it, Morgan, what about you?
Speaker 4: So my dad introduced me, Mike.
Speaker 3: The first very vivid memory I have is Reba McIntyre. He would play her all the time, fancy night of the lights went out in Georgia and he would sing her.
Speaker 5: Our dog was named Reba, Like, no way, he was such a fan. Your dog was named Reba.
Speaker 3: Yes, he was obsessed with Reba mcintar. She was my first introduction because of him, and then when I chose it was Shania Twain. She was the first CD I bought, first concert they took me to, and then I think Revo was the second, So Riva and Shania were like my whole upbringing of country music.
Speaker 5: What's the best Garth Brook song?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 9: I love the River. He has so many good ones. I think the River it's nostalgic for me.
Speaker 8: That's what my sister and I we would road trip from Texas, Alabama to see our grandma and she played that on repeat over and over.
Speaker 9: So I just have memories of the river, the River.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, Lunchbox is headed back to court. So you may remember last year something happened in his neighborhood with a drunk driver. He's going to explain all of that in detail here, but that incident has now led to Nashville Court calling him and him having to make a decision.
Speaker 5: Number two, So is this Lunchbox clickbait or is it real? He claims that he wants to do this segment about him having to go back to court because he got subpoenaed.
Speaker 9: I mean that sounds legit.
Speaker 5: Okay, what's the audio we have here?
Speaker 6: The audio is the original confrontation when back around Halloween we were having a block party, had barricades from the city.
Speaker 5: A guy in your neighborhood saved the drunk guy. No, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 6: The drunk guy went around the barricades and came within you know, feet of hitting children, and we confronted him. He was walking back to his house. And this is the interaction we have. Yeah, but this is your neighbor being here being a hero. Got it here we go. Excuse me, sir, where are you going? You just ran through a barricade.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, sorry, Your car is parked up there with road tones underneath it.
Speaker 6: I get toad in the morning.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, why is it being towed in the morning.
Speaker 6: We need to talk to him. We need to talk to him in a no wal manner.
Speaker 5: But what you did was not acceptable.
Speaker 1: Okay, hell was fight?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: So going?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, You're not.
Speaker 6: Gonna go to your house. We're gonna We're gonna wait for the police.
Speaker 1: You left your car in the middle of the street.
Speaker 6: Your car is in the middle of the street. Are you are you okay? Have had a stroke?
Speaker 5: So you've had a stroke?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you hit sit down if you've had a stroke.
Speaker 1: He sit sit down, Well.
Speaker 6: Like we'll call him paramedic. Come sit on the curb.
Speaker 5: Please, Okay, So I do remember that now, and how could you forget? You were great as Robin in that rule? You were a great Robin.
Speaker 9: What did you say? We need to talk to him.
Speaker 5: The other guys I got control, so you stop. Hey, when you talk to him needs to be controlling.
Speaker 8: I liked it.
Speaker 6: No, no, because I'd already yelled at him and that wasn't working. So I thought, hey, maybe being a calm.
Speaker 5: Tone will work. You're Tonto for sure, Like Lone Ranger was rocking. Tonto was right there and you did a great job. So was it? He was drunk?
Speaker 6: He was drunk, he got arrested, all that boom, you know, police take a statement whatever. And I got some subpoena of the court.
Speaker 5: What does that mean?
Speaker 6: That means they they have a robo call. Now I guess it's not even the district attorney calls you, and the same number calls me like six times in a row, and it's like a number, and I answering it goes in this long speech about this is blah blah blah about the incident. Are you willing to come to court and testify if you are press one?
Speaker 5: So that's not a subpoena. Then that's if you're willing to come to court subpoenas, like you get your support a run from subpoenas.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and they'd be like, are you lunchboxing you?
Speaker 5: Was the word subpoena ever?
Speaker 3: User?
Speaker 5: Did you just throw that in here?
Speaker 6: No? No, that's what it says, like a voluntary spoena or something. I think it's a maybe that's what. But it's interesting because I never heard. I'm a witness, so I don't think they serve you with the sabina. I think you only get served if you're like trying to run, like if you're being charged with something. Yeah, yeah, I think I don't know. Because it was a robo call and it was like a five minute long speech about the whole process.
Speaker 5: I would hung up immediately. I would have known what it was. And as soon as the computer starts talking them out.
Speaker 6: And it says, press one if you are willing to come to court, and I said one, let's go.
Speaker 8: It was like press one if you want some peanut pasta for lunch? Pina some pina Like did it say subpoena or like.
Speaker 5: A definition of subpoena? I feel like a supena means if you get a sipoena, you have to go to court. Having a robo call call you and ask you if you don't mind coming to court, like if you've got nothing else going on, which am I swinging by? Feels a bit different. I'm glad you're going, yeah. A subpoena. It's a it requires a document or other evidence to be submitted to a court of law, and you're not really required. But I'm glad you're going yeah, so I may get to take the stand.
Speaker 6: I mean, my statement to the police must have been so good that the district attorney saw It's like, this is the guy we need on the stand.
Speaker 5: Being subpoena it means you've been legally ordered to provide documents or testify in a legal proceedings. So you haven't been subpoena. You got a robo call going, hey you busy on Tuesday?
Speaker 6: Which is but isn't that? But now that I agreed, I'm required to go, right.
Speaker 5: A voluntary witness can get a voluntary subpoena.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 5: Okay, I told you, yep, you're voluntary.
Speaker 6: But I got subpoena? Did I get? Says Pina I didn't realize it was a difference.
Speaker 5: It's just funny here you said the word over and over.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't realize there was a difference. But man, guys, get ready.
Speaker 5: I bet you. You don't even go What do you mean why they end up settling this and the guy just takes whatever?
Speaker 7: Oh, like a plea bargain. I hurt that in those court TV shows. Yeah, are you gonna submit this audio for court evidence?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: That guy gets celebrated.
Speaker 6: No, this, this audio doesn't No, No, this.
Speaker 5: Audio is great. It should be on the news. That guy that took over what's his name?
Speaker 6: Your neighbor? You called him Alpha Adam.
Speaker 5: Alpha Adam, Yeah, Beta, lunchbox Alpha and Beta.
Speaker 6: But yeah, when is it? It was March twenty fourth. I believe it's a Monday. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Good. You know if you need to take off, take off?
Speaker 6: Well, I have no choice. Well, I mean it is court ordered.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, since the court has ordered you, you're free to go.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Do I bring a briefcase?
Speaker 7: You're he's not a lawyer.
Speaker 6: What do you think your role is.
Speaker 5: In this case? I mean probably a star witness, got it? You think they'll bring you into the back like to the doors. We'd like to bring in this next witness and then you open the door.
Speaker 6: Who you got him?
Speaker 5: Like wrestling? He just comes out. When do you leave to do your thing where it's like you said, you're doing some tea April seventh. Okay, so that those don't conflict. Oh no, I would say if they did it too, No, won't testify, so you would ignore the subpoena.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I meant it.
Speaker 5: I got it. Career is more important, right, I don't know. Okay, let us know how that goes.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 6: Number two.
Speaker 3: There's been lots of Easter eggs happening on The Bobby Bone Show, but one very very big one. Amy is dating someone. Yeah, that's what you're gonna get right now. Of the entire scoop, well kind of well not really most of it, but a little bit.
Speaker 1: Number one has.
Speaker 5: Been brought to my attention that Amy has left Easter eggs for us prior about having a boyfriend. Because remember the big drama last week was you and you said on your podcast and I was like, oh, how about that? Amy said you had a boyfriend? Or podcast because a listener left a voicemail and the listener was like, oh, Amy said you had a boyfriend on a podcast, and we were like, well, thanks for telling us, Oh you knew, but not on the show.
Speaker 8: I know, because on the show would be different. I haven't given any details about anything.
Speaker 5: But we didn't announce on the show. But that was the whole thing, right, Like she's on a podcast going you know, full out.
Speaker 9: It was very casual.
Speaker 6: It was awkward. Yeah, yeah, but we're.
Speaker 5: Like okay, okay, all good. So but here is something else because we got flooded after Amy did that, because she goes nobody heard it. Wayami's four Things podcast does pretty well.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 8: I didn't say nobody. I just meant it's a different audience. It's not announcing something here.
Speaker 9: Is It's not. It's a much larger, bigger deal.
Speaker 5: Right, which is why we would have thought it would have been here for the announced It.
Speaker 8: Would be here the actual announcement with more details.
Speaker 9: So here's Amy, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Doing a commerci shoal that someone has picked out here because our listeners are a little sleuths. Yeah, so we were flooded with messages about Amy on our podcast. She may have already been talking about it Here she is referring to buying ugg slippers for a gift for a guy in our life and a Macy's commercial. Here we go, ugg slippers.
Speaker 8: You know what, Now that I think about it, m I think that person that I'm trying to shop for, I do think he mentioned wanting some ug slippers, So boom, I think I just solved that problem. I mean it was over there looking at the gift guide earlier and I was thinking, what would I get him? That's like not too much but still thoughtful. It makes sense, And now I think I just solved it. Here ug slippers you can wear around the house and whatnot.
Speaker 9: That was after I recorded that commercial.
Speaker 8: After after what after you played a voicemail out of nowhere calling it up?
Speaker 5: No, I had one hundreds about how many voicemails we have about that?
Speaker 9: Oh my god, it was nowhere that it was out of nowhere.
Speaker 5: You just played it without the same you did the announcement on your podcast out of nowhere. You just were like, here it is.
Speaker 9: It wasn't a full announcement.
Speaker 6: Did you say I have a boyfriend. That's a full announcement if you your honor.
Speaker 5: She's stumbling and bumbling on understand.
Speaker 8: But I just thought it would be different, and I have expressed you I was how.
Speaker 5: Would you talk about how would you have done it different?
Speaker 6: Let's now we're right now, right now.
Speaker 8: No, it would be different in that if there were any questions y'all had or details like I have said nothing about him.
Speaker 7: We have questions.
Speaker 6: I had a question you didn't answer.
Speaker 5: Also, what was your question? No, you guys hooking up. I don't know why I even went to I don't even know why I want to do that. That's on me. I don't I just didn't remember what he had asked. That's on me. I take that one. So if any other listeners can find any other little easter eggs that we've been left a little trail here, let us know. Okay, it's like severance. I'll see like severance.
Speaker 6: TikTok.
Speaker 5: We're like, you didn't catch this, you didn't see this. There you have it. Any other questions, let's walk not that one slumber parties?
Speaker 6: How many nights a week?
Speaker 5: No, Okay, there we go.
Speaker 6: That's a good question.
Speaker 5: On answering questions.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, I mean none to answer that question.
Speaker 5: Well, then there you go. You get your answer.
Speaker 6: There. Whoa, that's weird.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan.
Speaker 6: Number two.
Speaker 3: That's it for me this weekend, everybody. Thank you for joining me catching up on the Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 4: If you want to.
Speaker 3: Check out our YouTube page at Bobby Bone Show, we have a lot of content up there. You can watch things in video form, which is always a good time, and then check out part three. In part one, I did those in reverse this weekend with Scuba Steve. Some fun content up there, or you can check out my podcast. Take this personally. I have some fun stories and conversations going on over there that might make you feel seen and less alone in this world.
Speaker 4: And now I'm packing up. I'll talk to you guys next weekend.
Speaker 2: That's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social.
Speaker 9: Platforms and follow at
Speaker 2: Web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.