Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to and that's what really miss podcast. We are in a Q and a episode, Yello, everybody.
Speaker 2: We have to stop ourselves from doing these every week because we love them. We could just do this.
Speaker 1: Questions gotten better and better, So you guys rock Okay, let's get started. Okay, Kevin, Yes, there were a lot of questions. Oh no this time around about your debut in a musical and you you've gotten cast in one of my favorite musicals of all time, twenty fourth Annuel Putnam County swelling me, I'm not gonna lie. I'm very jealous. There's a part for.
Speaker 2: Me, absolutely non you could play any part in the show, Jenna when I.
Speaker 1: There's a few, Yeah, but there's It is so good. I'm so excited. Things people are asking what was your audition process? Like, oh, and I know about this, but you want to tell them.
Speaker 2: Well, I talked to you. I actually when we had ali on, I had just gotten in the audition I think, and she was actually in it, which we talked about in the interview. So go back and listen to that. Right, my audition was I just put myself on tape and wow, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: What a dream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I as someone who has never done theater before. I for some reason, it's been coming up a lot this past year a lot, and that nothing ever comes from it, and so this was I was just happy to audition. But hey, guys, I'm open to doing this. Austin, my boyfriend is obsessed with the show, obsessed. It's the best show.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Of course, both of you are obsessed with the show. What I have now learned is that everybody is obsessed with this show. Yes, definitely, which is terrifying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it, such a good show.
Speaker 2: But he full on I said that we never do this for editions. We'll obviously put each other on tape sometimes, but full on it was like, okay, sit down, watch me and coach me. Oh wow, oh and he fully coached me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I have Austin to credit this because he's he's a great he's a great, great teacher, and he knows the show very very well. Yeah. I'm very excited to do it. This is your stage debut. Yes, oh, get tickets if you want. We're doing it. Okay the Kennedy Center starting October eleventh to October twentieth in DC. So I mean, come see.
Speaker 1: Yes, Kenny Center is amazing. What a great theater to do it in, a lot of.
Speaker 2: Brilliant people in the show who are much much much more talented than I. You know, don't say that in the theater legends. I have to really show up.
Speaker 1: And we've got some Tony war there, cry He's there, Noah's there.
Speaker 2: You got a crew like you got a crew who can sang saying saying sang sang and like act sound.
Speaker 1: And so it's gonna be so good. I saw the cast and the announcement and my jaw dropped.
Speaker 2: Really, I was, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not surprised because they stacked the Kennedy Center shows like this. It's a limited engagement. Putnam is like such a big show, but like it's it's like the best company. It's the best company. I'm so exciting to announce it myself. I was like, one of these things is not like the others. I snug in there somehow. So I'm very very excited to do it. I'm going to work my little butt off, and yeah, I hope to see some of you there. I think it will be fun. It's going to be so much fun.
Speaker 2: I haven't talked to you about this yet, Jenna, but I will be coming over and you'll be rehearsing me.
Speaker 1: Oh great, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: You can whip me into shape.
Speaker 1: You got to go memorized.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't worry, as has the schedule for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, I'm not worried. But it'll just you're doing yourself a favorite.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do love, though, I will say like when I found out I got it, I texted Jenna and immediately she's.
Speaker 3: Like, Okay, here's what you need to do. And because that's that's what I love, I need to know what. Yeah, you need to tell me. I've done these shows before and they're like, they're like so fast. Yes, they your head spins two weeks. It's not a lot of time.
Speaker 2: No, it's a very quick rehearsal, very kick setup and very quick run. And so yeah, it's over exactly, but it's so much fun. It's like summer camp. You you'll thry Jesse Tyler Ferguson, who's in the original cast, Oh my god, very good videos of kids and spelling beings?
Speaker 1: Is Noah? Is Noah playing leafy? Okay? Got it. Okay, that makes sense, going to smash it. Everybody's going to smash It's such a good show. Okay, I'm so jealous, so so excited.
Speaker 2: I did originally, I will say I did tell Jenna as soon as I got the audition, because like, you need to be in this, but you know, the baby, I can't really do it, no, but but I think I got to do the show at some point though.
Speaker 1: It's my dream and it's like it's so fun because you're playing a kid, but you can play it in any age where you don't eat out of this show. Like that's the fun part about it. You don't eedage out of the show, so you could do it at any point in your life and it would work. And Deborah Craig, the genius comedian, originated the part Marcy Parks that I want to play. I also really would love to play Olive who Selly Caan and Bulger originated as well. Her voice is like fire. But anyway, I'm digressing. It's such a good album. Go listen to it if you haven't, and go see Kevin in it and then tell me how he is.
Speaker 2: You would crush either. All I really want to see it.
Speaker 1: Do it. I really want to see this production. I'm so mad I can't go.
Speaker 2: I'm sure will give you updates.
Speaker 1: And also, please, if people go do bootlegs, no so I can see it, do it. Do it for me and then send them to me. Okay, look at the Kevin. Here's the joy about theater. It goes away. You do it, and aside from bootlegs, you do it, and it may never have to see it again. Never. It doesn't live, although these days they're like taping them for movies. But okay, all right, so let's get it to some of your guys' questions. Aside from Soli spelling me now that we've kind of conquered all of those, Nora Snorra wants to know, how do you guys feel about the Quinn erasure in the later seasons and her lack of solos. And I will say, look, I will have Quinn back and Quinn anytime, obviously, but this was like kind of her, like this is what she wanted, Like she kind of wanted to be off the show at some point and like didn't and wanted to come in and have a moment and then leave. So I don't I wouldn't call it an erasure. I mean, sadly she wasn't there, but I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 2: She's like, yeah, I don't think it was the show's conscious decision to do it exactly. That schedule, like we've said, was hard and crazy and prevented you from doing other things, and so when people started to want to venture out it, you know, it's like that seems natural. That makes sense. Somebody asked if Corey and Diana dated. I do not think so. No, No, that one's been so weird, so weird. I don't know. That makes me uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Some of these like it's because people of Sequin and Fin together and you're like, well, obviously they would have been a great chemistry, but in real life you're like, I don't want to see that. It's like watching a bird sister. Yeah, okay, what's your favorite memory of when you guys filmed in New York? And also maybe one of my So New York was really fun because aside from shooting, we watched the Royal Wedding. I staying up like late late to like watch the Royal Wedding live, and it was like, obviously the most talked about about the year, and so you're like, we were like, we gotta watch it, and so it worked out with the timing that we were able to see it in our hotel room.
Speaker 2: I also just loved like the ability to film in these iconic public spaces was really cool. It was mayhem, yeah, but it also felt very famous. Like it was one of those perks of like like, oh, this feels crazy, crazy we feel it was. Yeah, you're shooting in Central Park and the section of Central Park is shut down for you, and you have all these people watching.
Speaker 1: I mean we shut down a lot of New York City and there was paparazzi and there were hundreds, I mean hundreds of fans who would show up. This wasn't just like another set that you like drive by in LA that you're like, oh, they're shooting a movie there or a commercial or whatever. Yeah, it was like we shut down parts of Manhattan.
Speaker 2: It was cool. And I think we maybe mentioned this before, but we also because it was a field ship basically a a lot of the crew from LA got to come. We got to hang out with them after we were done shooting, so like nights having like dinners and drinks together. That was probably the most special and having people like Jenna and Leah who are from New York sometimes organize these things the places they love to go was also just really really great and it really felt like summer camp or like a field trip where we just got to do really fun things.
Speaker 1: Our families got to come visit, Like my family came to visit, and when we shot at Lincoln Center and my brother and sister in law extras in the woman dancing around the fountain, and then my dad also is in it, so like it's just like little things like that. We were like, Wow, they get to actually come and see not visit. I'll come and see us, like shoot somewhere on our home turf. So that was really fun.
Speaker 2: Somebody asked if you and I will put out a duets album.
Speaker 1: Anytime?
Speaker 2: Okay, great, sorted, look for that at some point.
Speaker 1: That's funny in the distant future songs we would put on. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: You know what I've had a real struggle not listening to Like I've been listening to it a lot is whenever I call you friend, so.
Speaker 1: Have I really? Yes? Is that weird?
Speaker 2: And like it's so embarrassed. When I opened my Apple Music and Spotify and it's right there.
Speaker 1: I've been listening to it a lot too.
Speaker 2: That's so weird.
Speaker 1: That's really funny.
Speaker 2: It's so good one.
Speaker 1: It's a really good one. You sound really good on that. You were like, they really made you sing on?
Speaker 2: Well, there's something I was ruining my voice at the end.
Speaker 1: I was like, wow, he really theyd because I went in and I was like, oh yeah, like I'll do the chorus verstly a couple of lively whatever done. But I was like, oh, Kevin really had to like sing on.
Speaker 2: This is my favorite part of me. That is just how we sound together.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a good one. It's a good one.
Speaker 1: If Glee had a spin off, what should it be centered around? And which character should you be focused on? Look, this kind of Season four feels it goes spin off to me a little bit.
Speaker 2: But you know when shows do spin offs and they do like the backdoor pilots. Yeah, and it feels like New York could have been a backdoor pilot. It feels like the college episode it could have been a backdoor pilot.
Speaker 1: Sue and Becky could be back.
Speaker 2: I feel like.
Speaker 1: Curtain Mercedes could be a backgroume.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yeah, I just I think maybe just kids and the people in New York maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know me, maybe I'll just say Fondou for two.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a good one. That could be a digital series though. That could be a short digital series like daily or weekly.
Speaker 2: Should we pitch Ryan and the Kamala Harris campaign to bring that back for the next six weeks and Pakamala and Vondu for two?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be really funny.
Speaker 2: Should we?
Speaker 1: Would everybody get it?
Speaker 2: I don't know a workshop it. I'll text Ryan stop texting me this.
Speaker 1: Year If five shows are right, I know, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Who would have the biggest brat summer? Oh honestly, Kurt.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm exactly. Next season is very controversial. Five is lost. Somebody said five is lost and six is amazing, but haunted by five?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Same? I mean I would be haunted by five to two. I get it, but six amazing? Is that true? Is it? Five? That's really bad? And because I have like, okay, so aside from obviously the loss of Corey and like kind of going through that whole process, there are some fond memories I have of season five. There are some really non fun memories I have a five as well that have nothing to do with Corey. Yeah, but there's also some fond memories that I have a five, like, like we do Katie Gaga roar right, that was great? We do beatles? We do. There's like there's just moments that it really clear in my mind that are actually like fond yeah versus poor.
Speaker 2: I'm going to need us watching it to really trigger all that back because I I think I have like a block on it, and probably because like this morning Corey that I do not really remember a lot of it, and it sounds like maybe that's for the best.
Speaker 1: I hear that, I hear that.
Speaker 2: I'm actually I know people are warning us against it, but I'm actually excited to watch it because of like because I don't remember just like we were season four. Like it's like a big black hole. Yeah, it sure is, aside from like a few because I like I'll scroll through my photos and I'll come through one and I'm like, oh, yeah, I remember that, But like it's a big black hole, which it should be.
Speaker 1: I think in some ways it's protecting ourselves. Somebody wants to know do you record duets in the studio at the same time or after one another, very rarely, if at.
Speaker 2: All, almost ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, would you record a duet everybody's schedule yet different times, different days, whenever the schedule, filming schedule allows, and so they could be recording music for two or three episodes simultaneously, and you're just going in to do your parts on a single.
Speaker 2: Songs usually whenever they can squeeze in. Someone asks Favee Srina Carpenter song on the new album n I haven't answered. I have answers. I love Slim Pickens and bed Kim. I like a lot of this album, though, I think a Lot of Girls is also really good. It's a great album. I think have you listened to it yet? Jenna, No, it isn't like a genre she does sort of, there's a bit of everything in there, but the writing is pretty great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I'm gonna get it's it's not obviously it's massive and I just haven't had the time to do it, which.
Speaker 2: You mean you haven't had the time.
Speaker 1: And then I'm just listening to podcasts when i'm going or like books, and I'm like, I am I'm so out of the loop, and when I'm in the car, I'm usually listening to kids music, so like I'm just like out of it right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and also like out of what you're missing a couple of songs pop songs.
Speaker 1: No, no, I know, I just I feel like, like, what's happening in the world. Okay, what direction are you given when they film your reaction shot to someone else singing? Very rarely are you given direction about that now, And that's not to say on any of the director's part, but they're focusing on like the person the soloist, and also like we know our characters so well at this point that you got to know how you feel about this person, how you feel about them at this moment, and so it's kind of like up to us. It's kind of your job on a long series like this to like do your homework and like do your part. And if there's a specific moment that the director needs that they're like, oh, I got to get coverage on that, they'll direct you. But otherwise you're kind of on your own. There's like eighteen of us, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's very rare instances where all of us needed to have like an overwhelming response to something like when Blaine is singing these songs and people are like, what is going on that sort of thing. Sure we all might get like a general group note.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, okay. So on the switch from film to digital, were there any comments or observations. I think we've talked about this before, but obviously film is like so iconic and it, but digital cheaper and faster. So we switched to digital, and we had to have like makeup tests before the season started so that we could test it because it's so bright and everything is so different. I don't know how to explain it visually, but like you see everything in digital, and so we had to have like heavier makeup and clear our tattoos. Coverage had to be better, Like there were just things like that that we had to do in order to adapt to the changing of the guards.
Speaker 2: I also wonder if Ryan has talked about I don't know if you talk about it publicly, but oh well then because you know, we were younger when we got on the show, and like I had pretty bad acne sometimes all of us had like skin issues. Yeah, that he would have them remove it and post and I think like when that takes budget, and it when you get to digital all that is even maybe we had grown out of the acne by then.
Speaker 1: But but Falchuk said that like tattoos on people, if they weren't fully covered, that took a lot of money to also go in and cover. He said, it's crazy they don't. They very rarely did it unless they really had to. But there were some that were just kind of like we probably had covered earlier in the day or the day before, and like.
Speaker 2: Right it looked.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We always tried to because it was really hard to like wash off you unless you used alcohol, so even if you bathed a lot of times, it would still stay on there. And so because to save any time, we'd be like, well, it's just go over it, yeah, which never really worked out.
Speaker 1: I had a lot of tattoos at this point that had to be covered because they were mostly on my arms, like there's ones in my back, but generally you like don't see that because you know, obviously we're not naked. And I would have to come in probably earlier than most people because my tattoos for some reason, my skin doesn't take to that makeup all that well as like other people. So I would have to come in like a half hour earlier just to like do the tattoo coverage as well. But Molis actually started to show me and let me like help her do it. My makeup art is so like I learned how to do it enough so that on the indie films that I would do where like we didn't have a lot of budget. After glean like, I would do it myself prior to coming into work. No way, I would just cover them myselves because sometimes it'd be like so much faster, and I'm like, I've done this before. I'm a pro at it. I know exactly what colors need to be applied.
Speaker 2: Oh that's brilliant.
Speaker 1: And so anyway, Yeah, so I learned a lot with Melissa and I would just help her do it. She would do my one arm and I would together.
Speaker 2: I that does not surprise me at all. It's so smart. Do you prefer a TV series with twenty two episodes or the newer style that usually have around.
Speaker 1: Eight for purposes? I think it's different for different purposes, right, Like for financial purposes twenty two for eight scheduling, that's really nice for story eight, yes, I find is much more effective eight.
Speaker 2: To twelve eight to twelve, I feel like tells her. But sometimes even in a twelve episode series, you get like a filler episode sometimes. Oh for sure, I think ten is maybe perfect. You can really yes, tell a com back at all fleet story agreed. And it's also fun because then you get if you can do several series in a year, if you're lucky.
Speaker 3: If I.
Speaker 1: Would either of you do Dancing with the Stars if they asked you, I would absolutely do the Stars if they asked me, I would do any of those show.
Speaker 2: I was asked and I turned it down years ago, like a long long time ago. I know what it was. I think it was right after Amber.
Speaker 1: One, and I was just like between Amber and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, I Amber this, I'm not going to It was in that time at the end of the show where we were just so done, tired. And also I will say, I don't agree with the sentiment now. I was think the world has changed, the landscape has changed. But like back then, if you did Dancing with the Stars, it, yeah, it felt like that. But then seeing Amber go on there and that absolutely was not the case. Yeah, it did start to reframe that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, for sure, I get it, though I know you. And also it was like, it's such a thing that we're surrounding reality TV for a while. Yeah, and then we got to do the awesome one, which was the roof. It didn't matter that way, but yeah, I see it.
Speaker 2: I think back then I was totally like more, you know, wary of what you're taking myself too seriously, probably.
Speaker 1: No, but it's a different time. I get it. I get it.
Speaker 2: And also Amber is a phenomenal dancer. I would just throw out my back immediately.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I would definitely get injured, but still I would do it. She brought that bad mirror ball in. We made her bring it to that one day. She brought it.
Speaker 2: I just I love how everyone was shocked that she won. I was like how.
Speaker 1: She was shocked though. I have that screenshot of her when she won as with the Stars, of that crazy face that she made. Sometimes I send it to her just to remind her, just humble her a little bit.
Speaker 2: And then she one Mass Singer.
Speaker 1: I mean just a wall of trophies.
Speaker 2: I would love to be on. I would do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would be really good at Mass Singer. Like I think, like show.
Speaker 2: Up, I don't have to do hair and makeup, just put me in this sing a song. Yeah, have people guess who you are? Yeah, I don't think I last long. I think people would know. Yeah, you have a very just and it's like we know the judges, so though that doesn't really help. No, but that's anyone I know who've done it it said, it's been who's done it has said, it's been a great time. If you guys are going to do a theater show together, what would you want to do?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Spelling by spelling is a new one. We used to say little little shop, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, shove a horse.
Speaker 2: Also that I'll do anything with Jenna.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, no, me too. I'm down whatever she wants. Yeah, whatever, we'll do whatever. We'll be like, yes, I agree.
Speaker 2: Somebody said they need to do more covers from Chicago because I know.
Speaker 1: Why didn't we do more of that? Well, we did do nowadays, not enough they did, I know, not enough. We didn't do both Reach for the Gone. There's just such a good one we didn't do. I can't do it alone. That would have been a good one for like Rachel to do. Okay, why no bts of recording sessions? You guys, there was no time to have bts of recording sessions. Also, that's where the magic happens. I don't need people hearing my real voice. I only need to hear the computer generated Glee version. But also there was really.
Speaker 2: No no we literally we got picked up in a van from Paramount Shift over to the studio. You go in there, a sip of water, and you're in and out in like forty minutes. There was no time to talk to a camera. You like, you don't want the camera catch all your bad takes because a lot of times you're also learning it as you're doing.
Speaker 1: It, you're also cursing.
Speaker 2: Oh, it would be unusable. The amount of horrible things that we would say in those recording boots just.
Speaker 1: Really just the most vulnerable, our most vulnerable.
Speaker 2: And also everybody works differently, and so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I would like Alex and Adam to like yell at me and make a fun way because I wanted to be challenged, like I worked better under that other people. Yeah, and so like you don't want people saying that to sell that. Could you imagine the hell that would have right, like we would have raised if they try to do.
Speaker 1: You know, forget it.
Speaker 2: That would have been a full stop I'm glad that No.
Speaker 1: I won't sing today. You guys, these questions are only good. We're going to do another one and we're going to answer some more. So keep writing in your unhinged on Moll questions because we love them. And if you didn't hear a question answering this one, say tuned for the next. Yeah, we saved them. Yes, we save them, so don't worry. Thanks for listening to you, guys, that's what truly missed.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.