Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Taco Bell AI zite Throughs Taco trend. Naha, fine, it was fine, It was fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do it live. You said you'd do it live and then you bailed on it.
Speaker 1: So so mad at this teleprompter.
Speaker 3: These words to confuse me. I'm jah that's Miles.
Speaker 1: Wait wait so I'm supposed to like read it and say it at the same time.
Speaker 3: Ah, no reference to an old Bill O'Reilly video. Bill O'Reilly was.
Speaker 4: Uh, Tucker Carlson before Tucker Carlson, was Tucker Carlson before Jesse Waters, before Jesse Waters. I could care less about Bill O'Reilly struggling. I want to talk to you about Taco Bell because they just announced they're rolling out their AI drive throughs two hundreds of Taco Bell locations by the end of the year, which is weird timing because the last time we checked in on AI drive throughs, McDonald's had rolled them out to hundreds.
Speaker 1: You know, it was a number. I it was more more than I had expected. At this early stage, they had already tried it and were scrapping it because it just kept fucking up.
Speaker 5: Kept the tripping as they that's the new way. It's not hallucinating, it's the add It is tripping again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, drive through.
Speaker 1: When they're doing like search engine like general intelligence work, they call it hallucinations. Put it drive through, man, it's tripping.
Speaker 5: The reviews are terrible, Like it can't modify orders without just completely fucking up your order. Like someone said I want two chicken ciders at a different one and like then like but purposely told the AI three and then tried to fix it. So I said, I want three, Actually, can I get two? And then instead the AI added a fourth yea, and in two order of chicken rings.
Speaker 3: Chicken ring.
Speaker 2: This is the thing.
Speaker 5: My order at Taco Bell pretty fucking convoluted, especially because there are menu items.
Speaker 2: I like to go off menu. I like to modify.
Speaker 5: So shout out to the human beings that I talk to currently who know what I'm putting down. When I say I need that cheesy roll up at Picohead Beef and then I get my hacked MEXI melt.
Speaker 1: But yeah, well done, extra well done. Leave it on the burner a little extra longer. I need a human to tell this too, you know, otherwise gets fucked up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not saving anything with this.
Speaker 1: Like, have you had a an experience with an AI assistant with a like AI, you know, like on the phone on like a you know, automated phone tree.
Speaker 3: Dancers, an experience the answers.
Speaker 1: Has impressed you in any way or made you feel like, oh, we've made a leap forward.
Speaker 3: No, right, absolutely not. I have not.
Speaker 1: Like I'll tell y'all, I'll be like, wow, I actually had a good one. It seems like they did, like may like incorporate some of the promise of AI into these things. It's not happened yet. It's just a fucking mess and it's a lot of like operator operator, like I try, I tried.
Speaker 5: Representative. Yes, it's like yeah, no, They're like, you didn't say that. I'm like, yes, I did, mother, what how did it say? You didn't you didn't say that?
Speaker 1: You didn't say that? Frustrated everything? Okay at home a little bitch, Like whoa what the little But anyways, Tago Bell isn't alone. White Castle also also recently expanded its AI drive through system with a bot named Julia. And once they name it, you know it's going to be good. Yeah, supposedly, they're like this one's more accurate than humans.
Speaker 2: And that's the one that fucked up the chicken.
Speaker 1: The yeah, yeah that was that was uh yeah, Julie No was fucking that up.
Speaker 5: The fun too is also like being silly, not like you know, harassing someone at the AI thing, but just being stupid, like flirting sometimes. I remember doing that in high school. There was like this one Taco Bell by my high school where like like the I love the voice of the woman at the drive to I'm like, oh, hey, how you doing And they're like, yeah, what's your order?
Speaker 2: I'm like, you know what I'm about to get. They're like, I don't know who you are. Like I would always try to be like you know.
Speaker 3: It's me, you know it just tell me orders.
Speaker 2: Bad, my bad, my back.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I don't mean to waste your time.
Speaker 3: There has been so.
Speaker 1: We've been talking about AI a lot over the past couple of years. Maybe too much, some would say, and specifically you know the fact that AI is not where they claim it is. It can do some very specific things really well, but in terms of like the general intelligence, it seems like it's a lot of hype that isn't really headed anywhere, and We have raised the question of of like because a lot of like Wall Street value is pumped up by people's excitement about AI in the past couple like three years, even like they've been like you know that Google has like a massive AI component to their market valuation. The past week, there's been a lot of talk that the AI bubble is about to burst on Wall Street, and we've been wondering when that was gonna happen, because how.
Speaker 2: Do I someone who knows Wall Street? How do who do I? Who do I bet on? Here?
Speaker 3: You do a big short?
Speaker 1: You're gonna want to a big short the one. Yeah, you're gonna need a million dollars laying around, And what you're gonna want to do is you're gonna want to short the thing.
Speaker 5: I got a best Buy gift card that's got at least twenty three bucks on it.
Speaker 2: Still take that at Wall Street.
Speaker 3: That's the start.
Speaker 1: What I'm gonna do is I'm gonna transfer you over to one of my analysts who's gonna deal with you.
Speaker 5: Can you spot me nine hundred ninety nine thousand, nine hundred.
Speaker 1: Ninety can it transfer you over to one of my automated analysts who is gonna take it from here.
Speaker 2: Hey, Julia, I got someone for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, she's here too.
Speaker 2: You want three chicken rings?
Speaker 3: Fuck? Yeah?
Speaker 1: But Wall Street investors have started to run out of patients, according to this independent article, which I guess that's what it's going to.
Speaker 2: Look like, grand opening, grand clothing.
Speaker 1: There's a wild story out of New Zealand. A family went to see Despicable Me for and snuck in some snack baggage from home containing popcorn and candy.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you.
Speaker 5: Mean bringing your own shit from the house to save money? That yeah, that time honor tradition side.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I've like I guess there have been some times when I haven't planned well enough. But anytime that I think to do it and have the time to like put the snacks in the bags, a burger in my pocket, yeah, yeah, of course.
Speaker 5: I sometimes the food like I'm like already, like I don't wanty popcorn or fucking old nachos, Like I'm bringing a hamburger.
Speaker 2: I'm bringing a burrito in there.
Speaker 1: I'm going to a movie hungry, and then like you just.
Speaker 3: Have to like fill up eat that crab.
Speaker 1: No, I feel like but anyways, a theater employee spotted them. Spotted the family asked them to put the food away. They agreed, but the employee didn't believe them and insisted on sitting next to them to monitor the snack situation. So we're starting off aggressive here. Feels like a bit much. Then one of the kids ate a skittle that was already in their hand, according to the family, and the employee started shouting and the kids started crying the fuck.
Speaker 2: This is so not New Zealand vibes.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm like then, in New Zealand, people are this hype about Despicable me for But the article doesn't say how everyone else in the theater responded to this, But I can't imagine. They were having a good time at the movies. So, according to the family, one of the kids asked, if you're calling the police, are they going to kill my mom? The employee laughed and said, yeah, maybe we'll find out, which is kind of I guess. I don't know, hard to believe for New Zealand, but yeah, it means like mom, so it has to be real.
Speaker 2: This is man, Were these people of color too?
Speaker 5: This feels like the kind of ship, like, you know, like people of color, get policed on. But you're like, uh, did you see the person who brought in a whole pizza? Right yet them they're like I this was like a sweet nose smint. That's my uncle okay, and he's chill. He knows how to be discreet with his.
Speaker 1: They were taken to the lobby where four cops showed up, and yeah, it just seems seems like a lot. I am definitely somebody who will bring in smuggling whatever I think I can get away with.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I remember like as a kid too, Like sometimes there would be like a kid who would do like a like everyone, we're gonna go see this out. And we went to go see Golden Eye, the James Bond movie in the theater and my friend Jeff, her mom, his mom put like one gallon ziploc bags filled with ship for us.
Speaker 2: Like I remember so vivid im like.
Speaker 3: All this gallon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like Barb Barb came through with the two Caprice sons, a Dorito's bag, the little cheese crackers with the peanut butter. I remember so vividly because like, yo, I'm this is better than fucking anything I could have got at the concession stand and that was just that was the norm growing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I respect it, and I don't know, like I guess movie theaters make all their money from food and cinemas are going through a hard time.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but wanting to stop moving in that direction. Sorry he does not and.
Speaker 2: Maybe make better movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and don't fucking don't.
Speaker 2: When my family of four for brick sneaky and skittles, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, don't freaking like kid eats the fucking skittle. That feels like it feels like you are a seven year old in that family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, behave They were like no.
Speaker 1: We said no, We said, mom, no, you can't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Such pedantic asshole ship man.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, some people shouldn't be given a small amount of power because they can't.
Speaker 2: Can't you know what, I'm gonna sit right here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, shut up. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be back. And we're back.
Speaker 3: And Lil YACHTI, oh my god, just said never.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's just play that.
Speaker 5: I've never felt so fucking old, like the old head take incoming. This is Little Yachty talking about the first time he listened to Jay Z's Black album.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised you didn't say jay Z.
Speaker 2: It seems like most rappers always want at least I just like I listened to a Black album for the first time, like three days ago.
Speaker 3: God, dam and God. You just heard the Black album?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just listened to it. What do you think has I think that the reasonable that album was better? In my opinion?
Speaker 1: Obviously I love He's insane.
Speaker 5: There is this yeah, oh yeah, name name another album that you just didn't listen to a few days ago. Now, I don't look this is I think this is like a thing that a lot of older hip hop fans talk about how these this younger generation of rappers like like we were sort of raised on understanding It's like for me to appreciate hip hop, like I'm gonna need to listen to KRS one, Big Daddy Kane, like the Beastie Boys, l cool, like I have to. I have to understand the foundational elements of like hey pop to be like a true fan. And this sort of take is now like really cementing, I think with older hip hop bands because they see a lot of these younger artists who have like never listened to like some of like what we consider seminal rap albums, right this motherfucker.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. And yeah, it's just like wild too.
Speaker 1: For like snipher Beat, they're wrapping over the sipeher beating this mob deep song exactly.
Speaker 2: No, that's not what's happening.
Speaker 5: But like it is interesting, I think because so many people like if you are carrying the torch for hip hop, like at least like understand where it's going. But again, this is I think inevitable with any genre art form changing, like it's they are doing what their version is. You're gonna have plenty of mcs who still respect like or you know, are interested in like the Joey Badasses and things like that, who are really kind of looking back and like, oh, this was like a golden era, like something you'd be inspired by, not necessarily to emulate, but just to know that's where the art form like was at a certain point. But yeah, like this is causing a lot of story on Twitter, people are like.
Speaker 2: You can't fucking speak for hip hop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I I've never claimed to be a hip hop historian. I'm not a famous rapper, and that that is going to come to as a surprise to a lot of our listeners.
Speaker 3: I'm not a famous.
Speaker 1: Rapper, but I didn't do like I just started listening to the rap that I liked, which was around the time of like Wu Tang and Nas and like early nineties. And when I went back and like listened to some of the shit in the eighties that is like foundational, I didn't like it as much, so I didn't. I don't go deep in like eighties hip hop.
Speaker 2: No I don't. And again this isn't to say this is what I think.
Speaker 5: This is where it like people are overly rigid, right, Like people are going to engage with a genre in the way that they want to.
Speaker 2: There's no right or wrong way.
Speaker 5: But like, I think this is where my biases come out where I'm just sort of because I'm a lover of history generally, like I always like to hear everything. I mean, I'm not bumping those old albums now, like I did my duty to be Like I remember in the source they're always referencing this album or like Double Xcel they would always reference this album.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna listen to it.
Speaker 5: I'm like, okay, whatever, But yeah, I mean I think it's you know, it is wild though, I think because a lot of like these newer rappers like old rap heads or like this is.
Speaker 2: A rap this is mumbling.
Speaker 5: It's like shit evolves, man, people thought the bling bling era that will like a lot of us hold on to that was bullshit to a lot of the people that were coming out of the eighties. So things gonna are gonna evolve. You have to accept it. But on Twitter, it's definitely a lot of people are like trying to be like loul.
Speaker 2: YACHTI is not a rapper if he's not heard the fucking.
Speaker 5: The jay Z album, And I get why you feel like that, But Liula Yati is also a very talented songwriter and very talented artist.
Speaker 2: So it's like, you know, the do do with that? Which you will.
Speaker 5: But my old head ass like I'm looking at my Ivizu jenes and tilted brim on a twenty inch ro feeling like jay Z, and I do feel I have to. I have to remind myself people are on their own journeys, and that's fine. Not everyone has.
Speaker 1: To do it the way you do it, Like the Black Album to Lil YACHTI would be like to me the like when I was getting to hip hop in the early nineties, it would be like like the Big Bopper, you know, right, it's like five days.
Speaker 3: So well you do.
Speaker 5: It's crazy because I mean, like you think of I mean like with what Lil Yachty, with how old he was. He was like a young kid probably when like the Black Album came out. But it could also speak to the way we were also listening to music through the years, like before US, pre Internet, It's like everything that was on the radio was just committed to memory because you know, you weren't buying albums all the time, and now like it's much more selective, like you can go like seek out what you want to hear, and if like the Black Album isn't popping at the time that you're doing that, then yeah, you I missed.
Speaker 2: Something like that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I guess the Black Album did come out in like the two thousands. I was think in the nineties for some reason. That's stupid. Yeah, I mean the Blueprint came out on nine to eleven, so yeah.
Speaker 5: So what he's born in ninety seven, the Black Album came out what two thousand and three?
Speaker 1: Yeah he was six yeah, end of that shit. But he's he's built different. Yeah, it is different, Like I could imagine him being like, yeah, I was just into you know, something that I've never heard of, like that was his favorite music growing up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and also like Lil Yacht, he's the kind of guy he's like doing features with like you know Fred again, like he's doing things that jay Z never would do either. So I think that's where we have to have a reckoning with like what we how a genre evolves and being like, look, there's still people that make the kinds of rep you like, but don't also like, you know, it doesn't have to be.
Speaker 1: Like what the fucking.
Speaker 2: I have to really suppress that part of me that is about to be forty years old.
Speaker 3: Brian the editor just fucked me up. He just wrote in the.
Speaker 1: Chat thirty six Chambers came out closer to the moon landing than now, fuck you man, that's not true. And even if it's true, I don't want to give.
Speaker 2: Even if it's true, I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Not a fan of that piece.
Speaker 2: Were wash all right.
Speaker 3: A couple other things.
Speaker 1: There was a story Fred Goldman, the father of Ron Goldman, still hasn't been paid the money he's owed following the civil suit that found OJ Simpson responsible for his son's death. OJ just kept not paying it, and it's now ballooned to one hundred and seventeen million dollars with interest. Started out as just over thirty three million.
Speaker 2: If he had just paid it, then yeah, look what you did.
Speaker 3: Gosh man did Look he did?
Speaker 5: Oj Man talk about another old head story. People like, what the fuck about Fred Goldman?
Speaker 3: Who the fuck is? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Fred Goldman, big mustachioed guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's wild though, that he really was able to just but just look, that's what's so fucked up about this whole ecosystem, is that you like, nah, yeah, actual be.
Speaker 2: Like oh okay, there's no Yeah.
Speaker 1: It feels like a very I don't know. For some reason, the story feels related to Trump. To me, it's just like people, well, first of all, Fred being a name associated with Trump, and uh, just the possibility that people are just like, yeah, I'm just not doing that.
Speaker 3: How about that? So you maybe fuck you?
Speaker 5: When I do that, I get read letters in the mail exactly. They actually fuck up my ability to rent things at Blockbuster, which is something that happened to me in college.
Speaker 1: Now there may be an auction of OJ's junk, including his heisman trophy in order to maximize the estate's value for creditors and interested parties. I feel like there's probably value.
Speaker 3: In that now that he is gone, because.
Speaker 1: There you can like capitalize on the like morbid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like that group who it's like I had, like people who have like painting by a series John Wayne Gacy art. Yeah, that's the guy who did the Clowns, right, John Wayne Gacy. Yeah, yeah, yeah, like that kind of thing. Because I actually.
Speaker 1: Don't know anything about the Clowns. I'm just a fan of his art work. I've always always been a fan.
Speaker 2: Just there's something about it. The eyes are so alive and I look into them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, those are some of the things that are trending on this August. First, we are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, get your flu shot, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye.