Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe.
Speaker 2: Gatty, Armstrong and Getty and he Armstrong and Getty Strong and.
Speaker 3: Came across a fantastic think piece by a fellow by the name of Tom Klingenstein about DEI in the United States Military. And I've heard various folks, including some of served, talk about how it's hurt readiness, and I believed it, but I've never heard it fleshed out this well. And I wish we had hours and hours, because I'd love to read the whole thing and discuss it with you.
Speaker 2: But his point that is.
Speaker 3: Quite eloquently made, and we'll post it at Armstrong and Getty dot under hotlinks, is that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: He writes, the military is often perceived by well meaning Americans as the last holdout in the progressive march through the institutions. In reality, however, it was among the first American institutions to formally embrace the radical logic of group quotas. And he talks about the difference between civilian society and milliate military society in its values, in its training, in its social norms, and why they're so important, and how DEI is utterly incompatible with the cultural norms that have underpinned every military in the history of time, discipline, sacrificing oneself to the unit, everyone being the same, your only identity, as I'm a member of this unit. It's very, very well written, and it's made me all the more dedicated to stamping out this radical ideology wherever it happens. I was encouraged to see again editorial in New York and The New York Times pointed out by fabulous frequent correspondent Paulo DEI is not working on college campuses.
Speaker 2: We need a new approach.
Speaker 3: It's by a couple of academics from Stanford Law and Stanford University, and they write it in a way that is they are lefties approaching lefties. So it's fairly gentle about how the DEI programs that exist on campuses are not quite what they purport to be and don't really achieve what they've said they should achieve, pointing out the rampant anti Semitism on all of these enlightened campuses.
Speaker 2: And again it's it's very well written and I'd love to go into more detail.
Speaker 4: On it, and anti Asian bias, which we'll get to in a second.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, And we could certainly get into the report that just came out from Columbia University about how miserable failure Dei has been in rooting out anti Semitism there, and he gets into the I'm sorry, these two academics get into the rigidity of these programs and how and again, this is not a revelation to us at all. They don't seem to actually be about diversity, equity and inclusion, whatever those things mean. They seem to be rigidly enforcing a particular point of view, and they seem to just want to see the power at the universities. Well, welcome to enlightenment, my friend. But what was interesting was, and this is what Paolo, the service Paolo provided, which I appreciate very much, he says, more interesting than the article are the generally pretty solidly left New York Times reader's comments. If you view the reader's picks, meaning the comments on the story that got the most thumbs up and that sort of thing, you'll see that they are all critical of Dei, and they run from as a white male is perfectly can be even helpful to ask me to examine my values and beliefs for racism and sexism. But it's not fine to assign me the category of a pressor based solely on my race or gender.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. How about this one.
Speaker 3: As a black immigrant from Africa, the idea that groups are inherently oppressed based on skin color is shocking to me. All races and genders have issues because we're all human beings. I've received far more discrimination in Africa on the basis of my tribe than I have from any white person.
Speaker 2: And he goes down that line for a while. As a staunch liberal and white minority, ally, the only thing that's ever made me consider voting Republican is having to write diversity statements for a university job. It's a blatant tool of discrimination and everyone knows it.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: A couple one more quick one. As a professor at a university, I agree for students to succeed in the university, they must feel that they belong. For a minority student from a public school and a class full of white kids, it's tough to feel like you belong's. Uh, this guy, As you finally get to the point, Oh, it's that socializing with peers, involvement in student groups, for participating with a broad array of people is what breaks down those barriers. Not being set into camps and set against each other.
Speaker 2: That's the opposite of what works.
Speaker 3: So, as I've said many times, this is not the beginning of the end of this neo Marxist garbage. It's the end of the beginning. People are starting to realize, Wow, this isn't about diversity or equity, which is communism or inclusion at all. They just want to take control of things by cowing us into silence, by calling us racists on.
Speaker 4: The racial breakdown at colleges. Maybe you saw this headline. I saw the initial headline over the weekend after Supreme Court ruling against affirmative action. Black acceptance to MIT drops ten percentage points, and they presented it only that way. I think it was The New York Times had it, and obviously it's supposed to be a.
Speaker 2: Horror that happened.
Speaker 4: Sich Lowry actually wrote in The New York Post yesterday digging into it.
Speaker 2: A little more.
Speaker 4: A spike in Asian Americans who were admitted to MIT, who you can only assume were not getting in even though they deserved it before because of affirmative actions.
Speaker 2: So the whole numbers on that.
Speaker 4: So MIT is the first top level college to release their numbers on this. We're going to be hearing more about these in the fall, I assume from Harvard, Yale, whoever else. But MIT released its first post affirmative action admissions number for the incoming class since the Supreme Court ruled the affirmative action in these universities is wrong, and the percentage of Asian American students increased from forty to forty seven percent the first year are the first opportunity to have, you know, merit based admissions. Black students dropped from fifteen to five, Hispanic students from sixteen to eleven, White stayed roughly the same, and as Rich Lowry rights, either the MIT admissions office has been somehow infiltrated by racists who want to exclude as many black and Hispanic students as possible while boosting Asian Americans for some reason, or they were working to keep out meritorious Asian American applicants all these years, people that deserve to be in the school and weren't allowed in because they weren't the right race.
Speaker 2: What could be more racist than that.
Speaker 3: Well, and to take a step back to I think the greater and more important issue is now that we haven't papered over the difference is in achievement by shoving kids in who probably can't make it at MIT, because there's a huge incidence of that the kids who are elevated beyond their level of achievement and stuck into these colleges, they fail at unbelievable levels.
Speaker 2: You're not going to read that in the mainstream media, but it's true.
Speaker 3: Instead of papering over the question of okay, why is a disproportionately small percentage of black students able to qualify for MIT start before they're even in school. Let's talk about kindergarten. Let's look at first grade through eighth grade. Let's talk about middle school and high school and the rest of it. Let's address causes as opposed to these affirmative action at the end programs that enable a people who are profiting from this, the teachers' unions and don't want to solve the problems, and b society that's uncomfortable talking about it. Why do black kids underachieve if you don't paper over the process at the end, you're forced to reckon with the problem at the beginning. And that's why I like these problems as somebody who's not trying to take over universities through my DEI critical thinking or I'm not critical thinking, critical theory, neo Marxism.
Speaker 2: I actually care about little black kids.
Speaker 4: So a doke researchers expecting similar results in other Ivy League schools this fall a big increase for Asian American students, white students staying about flat, and then a substantial drop in Black and Hispanic admissions. Rich Lowry points out here it's the same experience California had when the state passed the anti Affirmative Action proposition in two thousand and nine, I mean two o nine. Back in ninety six, Asian Americans went from thirty seven percent of freshmen at UC Berkeley to forty three percent. White students dropped ten points. So you can't claim it's white supremacy or white power structure or something like that. The number of white kids getting into Berkeley dropped from thirty percent to twenty percent. And this is my favorite part of it. There isn't some giant factory somewhere that's manufacturing generic Asian Americans either, who all have the same backgrounds and attitudes. The category of Asian American includes people from countries that hate each other and always have people from countries that have little to do with one another. For instance, China, India, the Philippines whatever, They.
Speaker 2: Got nothing to do with each other. Some cases hate each other and always have hated each other.
Speaker 4: They've killed each other by the hundreds of thousands in brutal ways. It's not like some monolithic group like you claim white people are, who are trying to take over something.
Speaker 3: Well, and you've got to drop your preconceptions too about elite universities and such. I tell you what, here at Joe's second tier university, you're gonna learn a hell of a lot. You're gonna drink some beer and get laid. It's gonna be great at the superachiever universities will be for superachievers.
Speaker 2: And that's fine.
Speaker 3: And I remind you of the fact that generally speaking, A students work for B students at companies owned by C students.
Speaker 2: As the old saying goes, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you mentioned that, because Rich Lowry did end with as for students who would have been admitted under the old racialized system. It's not like they'll have no future. If they end up at a good state school somewhere, you'll be absolutely perfectly fine. If you're good to ed her off. Probably yeah, very good chance you will be better off. But the idea that your life is ruined or something like that's insane. Took us a long time to get here.
Speaker 3: These affirmative action programs exist in large measure to prevent us from considering the uncomfortable and difficult questions of black underachievement.
Speaker 2: I believe that to my bone. That's really interesting.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Show, Yea or Jack or Shoe podcasts and our hot links.
Speaker 5: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: Oh here's how money actually works.
Speaker 2: Seven dollars beautiful? Are you about to say something?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, So we're gonna do the one on one class first and then two to one class. If this first part is too obvious for some of you, Congratulations on understanding the basics of economics, which is a fairly rare thing in today's world, which is highly discouraging. But first of all, they're talking about who's this writer. I like to ta give credit because this is really well written. Matthew Hennessy in the Wall Street Journal is talking about the fellows in Oasis, the British rock band which is getting back together.
Speaker 2: Wonderwall. He gets back, he.
Speaker 3: Gets into some of the backstory, the Gallagher brothers who can't stand each other and can't get along, but they're the indispensable members of the band Oasis. Last month the Boys Buried the Hatchet announced series twenty twenty five concerts. Delirious Fans were young and relatively poor during the band's heyday are now older and relatively rich. They have the willingness and ability to pay to see Oasis and concert. Economically speaking, that's called demand, but demand is only one side of the economic story.
Speaker 2: Morning Glory for the moment.
Speaker 3: At least, the Oasis reunion is limited to a handful of shows, and the Wembley Stadium is large. It's not infinitely so, and there's no guarantee the brothers will remain on speaking terms beyond next summer. Fans understand that this may be their last chance to see the battling Gallagher lads together on stage.
Speaker 2: Supply is limited now.
Speaker 3: Introductory economics tell us that when supply is tight and demand is high prices rise to an equilibrium, which is exactly what happened. Then he talks about dynamic pricing and how the tickets are significantly more expensive than they seem to be when initially announced. Some accuse the greedy brothers of ripping off their loyal fans. Many more aimed their furia ticket Master, the American ticket Sales BMTH, owned by Live Nation Entertainment.
Speaker 2: The fur revealed terrible.
Speaker 4: Probably not going to argue me out of my anger at ticket ticket Master in general, but go.
Speaker 3: On, Oh the fees, the fees that creep up onto your bill at the end. Yes, that's a different topic and an interesting you're electronic sending me of the ticket cost forty dollars what? Yeah, anyway, putting that aside, because this is just a question of the price of the tickets. The furor revealed a terrible ignorance, even among the highly educated, of what prices are and how they work.
Speaker 2: I would argue to the journalists that know these.
Speaker 3: Are people opposing is being outraged, they're not actually outraged. Like the very Prime Minister of Britain, kir Starmer, told the House Commons that he found it depressing to hear of the oasis price hikes, he promised a commission to investigate what he called extortionate price resalers whatever. Culture Secretary Lisa Nandy told the Bebe that quote, vastly inflated prices would exclude ordinary fans.
Speaker 4: They have a culture secretary, Yeah, why do you need that secretary of culture? And there should be some sort of government intervention in that some things are more expensive than others.
Speaker 3: What, yeah, bollocks in economic terms a concert ticket. And this is the really important part. This is the econ one to one stuff that if you don't understand it, you don't get anything about economics. A concert ticket is no different from a book, a bottle of wine, or a house. It has no inherent value, only the price a buyer is willing to pay and a seller is willing to accept. The market clearing price of anything is where demand meet supply. The correct and fair price is whatever the market will bear. No buyer has a right to a low price, just as no seller has a right to a high price. Then they point out the obvious oasis could be nice guys and sellar tickets for five bucks, but scalpers would snatch them all up. And resell them for much much more. What good would it do for Oasis, for the ordinary fan or anybody to allow third party resellers to capture all that value.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what Yeah, that's what people don't understand about sports, guitar players, whatever, actors and actresses. Somebody's going to get that money because there's a demand for it. So if it's not George Clooney or Shoheyo Tani or the Gallagher brothers, then the company that puts on the show or the game, or the network or whatever, they get the money. But somebody is getting the money. It's just the way it works, right.
Speaker 3: A couple more quick tidbits of music industry guru explained that the acts hide behind Ticketmaster. They want them to take the flack.
Speaker 2: All this stuff.
Speaker 4: That's pretty good, that's probably true.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's not good for your image, but Ticketmaster takes all the flack. And he also writes, here's the dirty little secret. Ticketmaster does nothing that the band does not agree to. So anyway, I thought that was a good little instructional on if there's demand and little supply, the prices are going to go up, and it should.
Speaker 2: And you know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: The gallery good boys are going to put down their fists and open up their calendars and say, you know, I'm a lot to play half a dozen more shows, are you? And supply will increase in the prices will.
Speaker 4: I was drunk in the backseat of an suv that could go. I have one thousand, five hundred stories that start that way, but in this particular one enter my seat. I was drunk in the back of the suv on the way to an Oasis concert Charlotte, North Carolina, in nineteen ninety five when we heard on the radio that they'd cancel the concert because the two brothers had gotten a fistfight backstage.
Speaker 2: So I still have not seen them.
Speaker 3: Wow, Wow, Yeah, that legend not overblown. No, that reminds me when they were like in their sixties, the Davis brothers. It looks like Davies, but it's pronounced Davis of the Kinks. Actually, we're continuing to come to blows and scream at each other backstage in their sixties trying to tour.
Speaker 2: Wow, get some counseling for us or something.
Speaker 1: Let it go Armstrong, the Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 3: I've wanted to bring this up for a while, the real crisis in America's government schools. And I don't want to be the cliched everything is going to hell all the time person like me, that's what I am, because that's my brand, because we already have one of them. No, but I was thinking about it, and it goes back to our discussion of the natural state of things is chaos and poverty and violence, and if you have a civilization, the challenge of preserving that civilization never ends. And everything isn't necessarily going to hell, but everything will go to hell if you don't stop it. Going to hell needs to be maintained. Yes, in short, So anyway, I think one of the things in another principle before we get in the specifics you've quoted George will As saying, one of the essential, you know, elements of being a conservative is you have to deal with reality, recognize what is right. You can't be a utopian, unicorn riding wisher of fond wishes and call yourself a conservative.
Speaker 2: It's just it doesn't fit. So anyway, I.
Speaker 3: Think we have an enormous crisis with America's government schools right now.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's any doubt of that.
Speaker 3: I think it would be a four alarm panic going on in America right now if it were not for two things. Number One, a lot of parents think schools are still what they went to, what they grew up with.
Speaker 2: And the distraction of the Golden Bachelor and the Golden Bachelor.
Speaker 3: And there are three things now that I think about it, And the other one is that there are some schools. It's actually four things, including the Golden Bachelor. There are some schools that are still doing a good job. They're fighting hard, they're in conservative areas, the teachers and administrators are not fully woke.
Speaker 2: So people think our schools seem to be fine, and maybe they are.
Speaker 3: But the fourth thing, obviously, is that the dominant media do not talk about this much at all because it's extremely uncomfortable for them because they are progressive, they are woke, they are pro union, and.
Speaker 4: The heavyweights have their kids in private schools, so they wouldn't know anyway.
Speaker 3: That's a good point. That is a good point in the middleweights too, anyway. So a couple of exhibits in the prosecution of America's government schools, one that you've probably heard similar fare before, But this is a bit of an update. Between two thousand, year two thousand and the year twenty twenty two, the number of students in Marca's schools rose by five percent.
Speaker 2: Five percent. The number of teachers rose by ten percent, which is interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the number of principles and assistant principles rose by forty percent.
Speaker 2: Whoa what? Who had their kid in school in the year two thousand thought, you know, this is going.
Speaker 4: Well, it'd be a lot better though if we had like eight more principles.
Speaker 2: Who the hell thought that?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: And then again, keeping in mind that the increase in students is five percent, the increase in administrative staff is ninety five percent.
Speaker 2: There you go, Samons with universities. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, some we've talked about this in the past, and some folks have said, yeah, the uh, the government mandates on schools is so cumbersome now, the federal and state mandates. You have to have compliance staff, oh my god, that spend their whole days issuing reports and filling out forms that say you've conformed to all of the demands of the centralized government.
Speaker 4: There are so many forms. So I have been through a lot of this and super nice people I'm not complaining about any of these people.
Speaker 2: But I was one meeting.
Speaker 4: That had like fifteen people in it about my son, and they kept using the word rubric. Well, this, this fits the rubric, and it doesn't fit the rubric. And we've looked at the rubric. Everything I get said. I I think I said out loud. I think I cannot hear the word rubric another time. Just we gotta I don't even know what that is. We gotta stop singing.
Speaker 2: The word rubric.
Speaker 3: Please, if we do nothing else here, to refrain from singing rubric.
Speaker 2: So it was a paperwork thing. It was just all kinds of different layers of paperwork.
Speaker 3: So you have this from Jason Riley, who's a great writer and thinker. Biden and Harris worked to crush school competition. He is more opposed to charter schools than any president in recent history. And Kamala has spoken enthusiastically about how wonderful teachers unions are and that everything that tends to take money and influence away from the teachers unions is an attack on public schools. That would be bad enough were it not for the numbers involved. Again, this is fairly oh you know, the National Review actually touched on the fact that the left is now trying to promote or I'm sorry to indict school choice movements as an effort a secret plot to promote Christian nationalism.
Speaker 2: All right, that's one of the attacks.
Speaker 4: I assume you're about to get to some of the results we're getting out of the schools. Uh yeah, okay, But even without that, even if it had maintained what public schools were from the past, why would you need to increase administration by ninety percent and think that that was a good idea, Even if we had maintained the same quality. It's like, well, why are we spending all this money? It was working fine.
Speaker 3: Before, right, Yeah, And I'm looking at the clock. I think maybe we take a break and then come back with some of the results stuff. But the other thing I wanted to get to, and we have a lot of great teachers who listen to the show and communicate to us and blow the whistle on some of the more insane progressive things that are taking the place of math and reading in our schools. The genderbread person, which I'm always hammering about because you know, California is a particular interest because that's where the show is based and the perversity in California schools is just it's heartbreaking. But anyway, Wall Street journal with a big piece. Teachers are burning out on the job, and the subhead is student behavior and mediocre pay are taking their toll from lefty media. It's always about the pay. It's always about money, and there's such a lack of understanding and wisdom. Maybe it's that progressives so fill the newsrooms that that's the only point of view, and a lot of journalists are young these days because it doesn't pay very well.
Speaker 2: But there is such a lack of wisdom.
Speaker 3: If I have a fun, rewarding, joyful job and I get the summer off, I would accept that rate of pay at X. If I have a miserable, discouraging, heartbreaking job, I'm not going to work for that.
Speaker 2: Low level of pay. I'm gonna want a hell of a.
Speaker 3: Lot more to keep showing up very good point, student behavior problems, cell phones in class, anemic pay that's not really true, and artificial intelligence powered cheating are taking their toll on America's roughly three point eight million teachers. On top of the bruising pandemic years the Sheriff. Teachers who say the stress and disappointments of the job are worth it has fallen twenty one points in the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: Doubt that. As recently as twenty eighteen, over seventy percent of teachers said the stress was worth it. Now it's forty two.
Speaker 4: In surveys and interviews, teachers are most any place you work, as they is, they layered in more administration to wherever you work. Did that make things more enjoyable or less enjoyable? Where you work well?
Speaker 3: And we're going to get to the you know, it's more than frustration, it's being physically at risk. In surveys and interviews, teachers are most often pointing to a startling rise in students' mental health challenges and misbehavior as the biggest drivers of burnout. In the Rand Corporation survey, student behavior was the top source of teachers job stress.
Speaker 4: A lot of that, I guarantee you is that whole restorative justice thing where they have no ability to deal with it.
Speaker 2: That's the next sentence.
Speaker 3: You're absolutely right to quote a high school math teacher who says he saw student behavior deteriorate seriously, let yet his school drew more lenient in administrating administering consequences.
Speaker 4: How is the country not aware of what a failure this restorative justice thing is.
Speaker 2: I know because nobody talks about it in the media.
Speaker 3: And this poor son of a gun, So he's dealing with all this frustration and then his district, Kansas City Public Schools, shout out Kansas City, The Great Cities were a privilege to be on. They rolled out a new policy last year. Teachers could not give students a zero for an assignment even if they didn't turn it in and didn't make any effort.
Speaker 2: To It is to laugh. I mean, that is so funny. It is funny. It is hilarious. So say that again. You can't get a.
Speaker 3: Zero even if even if you say, not only did I not do the assignment, mister Gerald, you should shove it up your armors. He cannot give you a zero for that assignment. You've got to get at least like a C. A C one of the things I got when I got into teaching. My one thing was about learning and love of learning, he says. In the end, it was less about the learning and more about babysitting. He left teaching this summer oh yeah, yeah, yeah, And they go into a great deal of detail with many, many examples of classroom stress and violence, lack of consequences for bad behavior, a storative justice.
Speaker 4: I mean, look it up, well, don't look it up, because their description of it won't be accurate as to what actually happens.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: It is the recipe for no discipline and a bullies paradise.
Speaker 2: It is, it is.
Speaker 3: It is tragic for the children and the teachers, and it's part of oh yeah, absolutely true, and it's one hundred percent part of the neo Marxist We're going to break the system. We're going to call everything racist until we control it. And they do control the schools to a large extent now, and anybody who stands in our way will call them a racist until we have imposed our philosophy on whatever institution you're talking about, from public schools to corporations, to the United States government to the military for instance.
Speaker 4: By the way, in Kansas City, we're on FM, so people can really enjoy our pipes.
Speaker 2: I have nothing to add to that, you know, and I don't know to the clock.
Speaker 3: I came across another account a number of school districts in oh it was Virginia and one other state in which far fewer than half of the children were at the minimum level in English, and it was less than a third in district after district were not at the minimum level for math. We sometimes talk about proficiency. This was the well the minimum and the vast majority kids are nowhere near it. And if you say I got to get my kid out of this school, the forces of the left, from Joe Biden, Kamala Harrison down will tell you you're a racist for some reason. B you're attacking public schools, trying to take resources away.
Speaker 2: You're a bad person and a bad parent. It's crazier that this is a bigger issue. It is. It absolutely is arm strong.
Speaker 5: The armstrong and getting shot.
Speaker 2: We got this text out of nowhere.
Speaker 4: Do you know why hippies were Petulia oil so blind people can hate them too?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's that's beautiful. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day.
Speaker 3: Our beloved listeners sent to this to us next.
Speaker 2: To a big picture of Captain America.
Speaker 3: And U and it was Captain America saying this and I understand this is a speech he gives to buck up Spider Man. At one point during the movies, and I thought, boy, this is really eloquent for one of your one of your comic book movies. Did the script write or write write this? And I did a little digging, and no, it's actually a very very close paraphrase of something Mark Twain said.
Speaker 2: Interesting, but I liked it.
Speaker 3: So much I posted it up in the studio so I could glance at it now and again. I will give you the Twain version, which is only subtly different.
Speaker 2: As opposed to Captain America.
Speaker 4: Okay, it does lend it a little more gravitas.
Speaker 3: Well, unless you're fighting off a mob, then I'd rather have the Captain on my side than the scribe. Honestly love Captain America kicks ass. Twain incredibly eloquent. Captain America definitely stronger on the whoop ass front.
Speaker 4: If you're fighting the Winter Soldier, you want Captain America, not Mark Twain.
Speaker 3: I agree completely. Anyway, here's what Twain said. It's a little long, but I love it so much. Maybe we could work in a little email later on. Let men label you as they may. If you alone, of all the nation, decide one way, and that way be the right way, by your convictions of the right. You've done your duty by yourself and by your country, holding up your head, for you have nothing to be ashamed of. It doesn't matter what the press said, it doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. It doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. Republics are founded on one principle above all else, the requirement that we stand up for what we believe in, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth and tell the whole world, no, you move. Mark fing Twain, that's you, people understand, that's his middle name.
Speaker 4: That's really good stuff if it's the right cause or thing. Interestingly enough, and maybe I'll explain later why.
Speaker 2: This has happened.
Speaker 4: I was listening to a speech last night FBI recordings of Jim Jones down Guyana, before he had all those people kill themselves, the Jim Jones cult, that whole thing. He gave a very similar speech there as he had convinced all those numb nuts that the world was out to get them and they were doing the right thing.
Speaker 2: Very funny preach. I had no idea you'd heard that.
Speaker 3: I knew in my heart of hearts you would come up with some counter argument against that thought.
Speaker 2: I'm not it.
Speaker 4: It just you just have to have you just have to just you know, it works when the cause is right.
Speaker 3: Right, But that's irrelevant as an as an observation of society. It's one hundred percent correct as a principle. That some people employ it wrongly is irrelevant, right, I think it's a moral principle.
Speaker 2: Both are true. Isn't that a head scratcher? It is anyway?
Speaker 3: Mailbag drop Snow would your mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com. Oh madd in Honolulu with a really interesting note about the Honolulu getaway pad that those Chinese spies who'd infiltrated New York's government pad. But his sign off is he says, are one more thing yesterday on price controls and gouging should be mandatory listening to graduate from high school.
Speaker 2: I would thank you for the kind words.
Speaker 3: You can grab that wherever you like to get podcasts Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: One more thing, you know, listen to it out again.
Speaker 4: Speaking of counterintuitive price gouging is a good thing and that and it makes perfect economic sense.
Speaker 2: Listen to the One More Thing.
Speaker 3: Podcast, and it's the best thing that can happen for poor people. Yeah, let's see. Wow, what a contrast, writes Joe and Ventura, California. Noticed this on my local freeway off ramp.
Speaker 2: Winner and loser.
Speaker 3: There is a young man appears to be of immigrants, stock selling bouquets of flowers to cars whoever want some flowers on the way home, and there's a scumbag junkie begging.
Speaker 4: Right right, that's a good one. That's a good one. You got people there on the corner. This happens driving out to the farm. When I go home, sometimes you got people on the corner selling strawberries, usually a whole family in the h hot sun, set up their table, got their you know, station wagon there selling strawberries.
Speaker 2: You got people just begging on the street. Yeah, yeah, that's all I see.
Speaker 4: The people that are working their ass off sitting there in the sun selling the strawberries.
Speaker 2: Can't have much respect for the beggar on the street, he says.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't it be ironic if this was a planned social science experiment to see what kind of reactions could be listened from the drivers? I admit I was guilty of making my opinion known A big thumbs up to the winner and down to the loser.
Speaker 2: Care to put your own caption on this photo? Well, thanks, Joe. That's interesting.
Speaker 4: It's also interesting that if you ask Alexa about Kamala Harris, you get a much different answer than when you ask about Donald Trump. Quick question for you, what if you happen to miss this unbelievable radio program.
Speaker 3: The answer is easy, friends, just download our podcast, Armstrong and Getty on demand. It's the podcast version of the Badcast Show, available anytime, any day, every single podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Known to man. Download it now Armstrong and Getty on Demand.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty