Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty, arm Strong and Gatty and Key Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: It's so called President Trump got a space hitter installed in his MRI machine.
Speaker 1: I just let me try. On a surprise appearance by John mcdonne, I'm so cold in New York City. The rent froze itself. Good night, everybody. That's a pretty good Joke's a joke. That's a pretty good joke. The crowd getting so excited about the communist mayor coming out. But that's a pretty good joke. The Rent frozen anyway. Bill Maher the other night talking about how is this a controversy whether or not Mam Donnie is a communist? This is Bill Maher on his HBO show.
Speaker 3: Democrats seem to be having this debate whether or not mayor mom donni is a socialist or a democratic socialist. Let me settle it. He's a straight up communist.
Speaker 1: How do I know this?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm reading between the lines. When one of his major advisors says, elect more communists, it's fine.
Speaker 1: It's a belief system.
Speaker 3: He's allowed to believe it and people are allowed to vote for it.
Speaker 1: But if liberals.
Speaker 3: Deny it, like he's just going through a goth phase, they're going to lose more elections. This is not a communist country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he had, you know, all the quotes from his housing director about the people are going to have to have a different relationship with property and all that different sort of stuff. He went through the whole thing. But yeah, he's absolutely right. The guy who's communists, he's been saying it out loud his whole life. Tired people who say it out loud, How are you pretending that's again whatever?
Speaker 4: I was just going through the Newsweek account earlier in the show of how the Democratic Socialists of America are trying to build bridges to the Chinese Communist Party. I mean, it's like in the minutes of their meeting they have initiatives with names, and they have the guy in charge of the committee and stuff like that openly, and yet feel say, no, he's not a communist, he's a he's a Democratic Socialists.
Speaker 1: A good lord. I don't know how about the one of the leading lights of everything that is left, Bill Maher, at least used to be saying the debate over whether or not he's a democrat or democratic socialist. Here I'll sawve before you he's a communist. Yeah, well he's one hundred percent right ep. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So you were mentioning last hour that the trialt's just go and getting started in LA could be a super big pivotal one about social media and media addiction and children that sort of thing, liability. Uh. One of the other topics that we've called for the Supreme Court to look at over and over again because we need the judiciary to weigh in is the question of sanctuary cities. And finally, finally, I'm seeing some pretty significant mainstream people saying.
Speaker 1: Hey, by the way, what about the whole concept of sanctuary cities? What are we doing here?
Speaker 4: And it's like, wow, thanks for coming to the party. We've cleaned up an hour ago. But anyway, Bill mcgern, who's a very smart guy writing for the Wall Street Journal, sanctuary cities can be deadly to reduce tension and violence. Let local police departments cooperate with ice. Can we please have something like a reasonable adult conversation about that? And he sets the scene with everything that's happened in Minneapolis. We all know we're all up to date on that. He says, the simplest way to make encounter safer is for local authorities to cooperate with federal law enforcement. If ICE could count on this cooperation when its agents sought to arrest someone in Minnesota, the enforcement would be handled quietly and without incident. So true, but with so many blue cities, including Minneapolis and Saint Paul, having adopted sanctuary policies, the rules of the game are changed.
Speaker 1: Blue state polls moralize.
Speaker 4: About immigration while shirking responsibility for the signals they are sending. The main signal is for angry people to adjudicate immigration policy on the streets instead of in course or in court or in Congress. It's a good point, it's a good point. There's a way to do it, a good way in a bad way. And then this in the Free Press, sanctuary cities are built on shaky law. And this is written by Richard Lawson, who has an obvious point of view on this, but he says the mayors and governors behind sanctuary policies are tearing apart the constitutional order by encouraging illegal migrants to enter the US and shielding them from deportation. Sanctuary jurisdictions are directly thwarting federal law.
Speaker 1: These policies policies should be.
Speaker 4: Struck down by the courts, and with the Justice Department's investigations into the efforts of Waltz and Fry to obstruct federal immigration policy, this appears to be underway. Defenders of sanctuary policies claim they are not valid. I'm sorry, they are valid because they don't directly impede federal enforcement. Sanctuaries merely banned state or local authorities from cooperating with the Feds, but that minimizes their actual obligations under federal law. Here it is the US Code lays out strict rules for how illegal migrants must be dealt with, and the rules applied to state and city governments along with individuals. Anyone who knowingly or recklessly quote encourages or induces an alien to reside in the United States may be imprisoned or fined by federal authorities. Not encourages or induces them to cross the border, but to stay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was unaware until the other day that there has been a Supreme Court ruling that the local guys don't have to help the feds. You're not allowed to get in the way, but you don't have to help them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm digging deeper into this Supreme Court recently clarified here you go, that federal law is violated when a person provides quote, assistance to a wrong doer with the intent to further an offenses commission. It's also unlawful annoyingly act and support of illegal aliens residing in the US, or even a conspire to help them remain here. How does that square with that decision that you're talking All right?
Speaker 1: I agree, So how is I'm not obligated to help you not run into I'm aiding them staying here? Me not helping you is aiding them staying here? Obviously it is. But it's a sin of ole mission, not co mission. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's see the only valid legal advice on how illegal aliens should navigate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So here's an interesting polling thing that just came out, Trump approval among Hispanic voters. Oh you know what?
Speaker 4: And then I want to get back to the what we're talking about, But go ahead.
Speaker 1: Because Trump's looking at the politics of this a lot. That's probably why I made the shift he made in the last forty eight hours. So there's two headlines to this. This is a Rasmusen poll. The disapprove among Hispanics for Trump has gone up twenty points in a month, or twenty eight points in a month. That's a lot the disapprove, But overall it's still approved fifty three to forty five. It's just a disapprove was very low before. Still approval though even after all this, he's still just barely above water with Hispanics. That's kind of interesting. Are there why Trump.
Speaker 4: Has got to fire Stephen Miller, who would look very comfortable in an SS uniform, just saying and make them a Nazi. I just think it would fit nicely and appoint me because my advice would be, look, stick to the righteous deportations, avoid anything that looks excessive or brutal to the nice folks who are just working hard.
Speaker 1: Let's work with Congress and.
Speaker 4: Get them to you know, have a vetting procedure, blah blah blah. Just don't go overboard and lose the support we got from Hispanic people.
Speaker 1: But so I'm guessing it's like, you know, among all Democrats, like ninety ten against Trump on all this sort of stuff. But are Hispanics. It's like roughly fifty to fifty. Is that because you got a lot of people who are Hispanic who are here legally and hard working and in their neighborhoods. There's lots of gang bangers and bad people that have come into this country and they wish they were gone, right, that's just well.
Speaker 4: Yes, combine that with a lot of Hispanic people's just kind of generalized disgust with the woke left, yeah, who are just absolutely abhorrent to them, and Trump the guy taken on the woke left. So some of that support may be a little grudging at this point, but it's still there. Oh So, anyway, this guy who's writing about the sanctuary city thing gets to the Minnesota Ice Watch, which that the dead good woman was part of, that encourages creative tactics to disrupt the Ice operation.
Speaker 1: I mean they go in.
Speaker 4: There's quite a long list of the things they do to actively interfere with ice, which is a crime. Similar obstructionist strategies have been adopted in Chicago, New York, and Seattle.
Speaker 1: The acl US.
Speaker 4: Involved with it, And if the government officials are promoting those groups and tactics, then they are actively violating the law.
Speaker 1: Haw so just his concluding paragraph.
Speaker 4: For too long, the debate over sanctuary jurisdictions has been thrown off by the red herring of local authority already to set law enforcement priorities lost in the trees of a debate on our federal system of dual local and national governments.
Speaker 1: We've missed the forest that has sprung up.
Speaker 4: A network of crypto immigration schemes run by local jurisdictions and violation of the Constitution and at odds with the express will of Congress. It is time for these policies to be challenged and struck down. You're going to have to have some really really smart federal prosecutors and a really well run Department of Justice prosecuting that. Because I think I see what he's driving at. But it's a tough nut to crack.
Speaker 1: So on this topic. I bring this up just because I have an interesting story to tell you about it. We got this text the administration, and of course Maga Wacko's defending another murder is disgusting. Ice are President Chaos's private army of thugs, worst administration and President of our lives, And you guys defend this crap all the time I read this text is one We've gotten a fair not I don't know how I'm defending this crap. I wish it was much less chaotic, but we got quite a few texts along those lines. And I just wonder if that all of a sudden, All of a sudden, I just wonder if that's some sort of organized because it just doesn't seem like we would have that many listeners that feel that way that you would just have turned us off a long time ago. And it reminds me of we used to run up. I think the trans thing did this for a while, but the biggest one was years ago. What was the weird ailment I used to mock all the time, chronic fatigue syndrome. Yes, I think it was that one. And I would make jokes about lazy people and all that. There's different sort of stuff, and we would get a hundred texts, emails, and back when we took phone calls, phone calls all of a sudden from people threatening lawsuits and saying they have science and all these different how angry they were, they're gonna boycott our advertisers. And so it was clearly they had some sort of organization where if somebody heard something negative said about fatigue Centro, it's a you know, to the ramparts, all hands on deck, we need to go after this radio show to make sure they're too scared to say anything negative. And I wonder if this is some sort of organized thing there, because I can't believe we've got enough listeners that just today, all of a sudden, people are coming out anti ice to the extent they are.
Speaker 4: I'd like to point out that for chronically fatigued people, it was a very energetic campaign.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Well, what's the deal here? How did you all get up and do this? Hi? Wocme up? You're not so tired hired energetic people to do it for us? No, it's absolutely activist groups. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: I mean I called for firing Christynome, getting rid of what's his name Crewcutt because he's way over the top. And Steven Miller is so completely out of control. Trump's got to stop listening to him.
Speaker 1: He's all gas pedal and no breaks, and that's how you lose the support of the American people and screwed it. It's like anything else in the world. My god, I've spent the lifetime learning this lesson don't go too far.
Speaker 4: So yeah, as I've been ranting and raving about that on a conservative radio show. Yeah, that's right. We're defending the jack booted fascists. So the worst president. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Nice sleep well, little bot, sleep well. Another controversy for Sidney Sweeney on purpose Nonna, is that gonna be her brand? I do the obviously transparently on purpose controversial things. But anyway, I have big boobs in offenda left. It's not a bad act. No, probably pays well, they're not bad boobs. I mean, it's all you know, it's quality. Judges agree with that comment. We have more on the way. Stay here.
Speaker 5: Scientists have a veiled a crawling robot hand reminiscent of thing from the Adams family.
Speaker 1: It's capable of single handed.
Speaker 5: Leap pun intended picking up objects, and even unscrewing up bottle cap all thanks to fingers that bend both ways. It's not designed to scare people, researchers assure us, but to help them get things out of tight spaces. I guess, like when the remote falls behind the couch.
Speaker 1: It looks pretty creepy if you haven't seen it. If you remember the Adams family. It does look like that more or less disembodied hand crawling around. Is that creepy? Well, it's robotics, so it doesn't look like a human hand, but it's it would look like a kind of a robot spider. It's kind of creepy looking. I don't I can't quite figure out what would you would use it for? But what else? So remember Sidney Sweeney, the racist gene promoter.
Speaker 4: Oh, my lord, incorrect America's sweetheart, that whole dumb stores accusation.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was one of your dumber stories. Is this going to be the only thing she can do to stay in the news. So she climbed the Hollywood sign there in Los Angeles and hung a bunch of bras from it, and uh, because she's got a new brawl line out, because she's got big boobs and she's young and hut. And then and she's being charged with some sort of trespassing for touching the sign or whatever, which got her in the news. So everybody's mentioning it today with the point being you mentioned that she's got to brough blah blah blah. Is she just gonna be one of those people though, or it's always some stunt. I find that tiring. She seems nice enough, but I find that whole thing just dumb and tiring.
Speaker 4: I wonder if the La Kenny Sheriff's Department has a department for you know, just where you set.
Speaker 1: Up fake fake crimes. I'll bet there is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we need the star of our movie to get knocked down because it's a movie about a man who's had enough crimes. So we'll be having him knocked down at the corner of Fifth and uh you know, Losiana go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Speaking of movies and TV shows, there's a new Marvel thing out starts tonight. I'm gonna watch with my son. I'm kind of excited about it, called wonder Man, part of the Marvel universe.
Speaker 4: Has a wonder Woman got a sex change? No, oh my god, wonder Woman is transgender. There's your headline.
Speaker 1: We can't have anything, can wait? I don't need to know. Sorry, I don't need a new superhero, but I might need this if a wonder Woman got a Schwontz. I don't need a superhero movie or a superhero, but I might need this if it's well done. It's a sort of meta view of Hollywood mocking the whole superhero trend that has been going on in Hollywood for a long time, in this struggling Hollywood actor who ends up in the middle of it and being cast as wonder Man and just to kind of behind the scenes trials and tribulations, and if well done, it could be very very good mocking that whole thing. So I look forward to it's like eight episodes. It's, you know, one of those things.
Speaker 4: There have been a handful of movies mocking the movie business that are very entertain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. There is a new Marvel movie coming out. My son's very excited about. The Avengers are back. And what's best about it is the old Captain America is back. Not that new Captain America, a cheetah guy. I don't like, not because he's black, because he's a wuss. I like the old Captain America. And he's going to be back. And Robert Downey Junior is going to be the bad guy somehow. They're bringing him back in it anyway. Oh no, yeah, Shifting Alliance. If you a cheato guy, cheat him, cheata, cheatah, cheat him. What's his name guy? Anyway? Oscar Award winning. I don't like him an adult, I don't know. He's not a good Captain America and week week out, Armstrong and Getty's suctified. But you know what, you're doing a big investigation. I want to give the investigation. I'm gonna be watching over and I want a very honorable and honors investigation.
Speaker 6: I have to see it, but I'm gonna step down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a much better tone than what his DHS secretary struck right after the killing.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, I saw a quote from some a former DHS guy who said, look, when anything like this happens, you don't pin yourself to a conclusion right away, because then you've got multiple problem ones when the conclusion.
Speaker 1: Goes somewhere else.
Speaker 4: That's why you give the Look, We've got to let the investigation take place. We're not going to prejudge. Blah blah blah. Not only is it the right thing to do, it's just strategically the smart thing to do. God, I'm as opposed to trying to get ahead of the narrative on Twitter or whatever the hell the priority was.
Speaker 1: I'm watching the video from last night of them attacking that hotel. Yeah, where they think the ice officers are and everything like that. That's insane. The fact that that's tolerated and seen as well, you can understand why they're so upset. Now you can't have that. You can't have cops fighting in the streets trying to stop people from getting in and murdering uh officers who were you know, sent there to do a job, right, it's crazy blue collar Americans by the way. Well, and that is why you know, I've used the word strategic about thirty times. That is why you avoid doing stupid stuff that gives away the moral high ground. Because thanks to the dead nurse who is just an idiot, like anybody who's confronting you know, law enforcement, doesn't deserve to be dead. But come on, but so now he gets shot, Christy Noman comes out with her idiotic statement the rest of it. And so now you say, well, these people are smashing up a hotel room and threatening ice. You've allowed the narrative to take hold that. Well, they're evildoers and fascists, so of course people are smashing the hotel. You lose the moral high ground. Yeah, yeah, and even if even if the shooting ends up being completely unjustified, and these guys are charged and everything like that. You still can't have people trying to break into a hotel and kill ice agents, right, So how about this? This is from ABC News last night. This is one of their top reporters on the street. I don't like the way he approached this story, specially after Alex Pretty shooting.
Speaker 2: More demonstrators could potentially bring their own weapons under the belief they have to be prepared to defend themselves from federal agents who.
Speaker 7: Could shoot them. It is a very dangerous recipe.
Speaker 2: People are scared, but they're also resolute that they have to pipe back.
Speaker 1: That's awful damn close to telling people you better bring a gun, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Wow? I couldn't tell with the edit of that was he quoting somebody here? Now he's not saying he was just saying a lot more people are one of his name is one of your alts. But he was like an ABC News Yeah, yeah, it was George Stephanopolis going to the going to a reporter on the street, Trevor Alt and saying we'll play it again.
Speaker 2: Especially after Alex Pretty shooting. More demonstrators could potentially bring their own weapons under the belief they have to be prepared to defend themselves federal.
Speaker 7: Agents who could shoot them. It is a very dangerous recipe.
Speaker 1: Scouraging people are telling people you need to bring a gun because you might be shot by ice officers.
Speaker 4: Maybe I lack imagination, but it had never occurred to me that, well, this will cause a lot more people to bring guns until that dude just suggested.
Speaker 1: It was a good idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, beautiful, beautiful. Well, those are conventional weapons, and certainly they're deadly enough. But there's a little more information coming out about the discombobulator. Sounds like something out of a Bullwinkle cartoon. But that is the mystery weapon that was crucial to the Venezuelan raid or the American raid on Venezuela to snatch up Maduro.
Speaker 1: The thing that you've referred to as the brain scrambling scrambler.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well Trump, I guess did he use the word Yeah? Yeah, Trump is actually calling it the discombobulator. So Trump, you remember.
Speaker 1: Mention that.
Speaker 4: This mysterious weapon quote made the equipment not work. This combobulator, I'm not allowed to talk about it during that interview in the Oval office. I'd love to before he confirmed it's use quote. They never got their rockets off. They had Russian and Chinese rockets. They never got one off. We came, they pressed buttons, nothing worked. They were all set for us now. Interestingly, Trump commented on the weapon when asked about reports this month that the Biden administration had purchased a pulse to energy device that may have caused the Havana syndrome to study it.
Speaker 1: And that revelation followed the.
Speaker 4: On the ground accounts from Venezuela describing how Maduro's gunmen were brought to their knees bleeding through the nose in vomiting blood, simultaneously vomiting bludo but you don't like it much simultaneously. And this is another quote from one of Meduro's security team. Suddenly all our radar systems shut down without any explanation. The next thing we saw were drones, a lot of drones flying over our positions. We didn't know how to react, saying, then the helicopters appeared about eight. At one point they launched something I don't know how to describe it. It was like a very intense sound wave. Suddenly I felt like my head was exploding from the inside.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: We all started bleeding from the nose. Some were vomiting blood. We fell to the ground, unable to move. We couldn't even stand up after that sonic weapon or whatever it was.
Speaker 1: So we got two different things going on. We got the web, or I think, or maybe we don't, but I assume the brain is different than disabling a piece of equipment. But anyway, we got massive electronic pulses. Yeah, so we got something that kept the equipment from firing off the way as supposed to, and then something scrambled people's brains. This all makes sense because I, from the day this story broke thought, how the hell, how could you possibly get in there and snatch them in their bedroom without more of a fighter before they got out of there or whatever? Well, now it now makes sense.
Speaker 4: Well right, and here are here's one of the roughly three things I retained from my neuropsychology class in college.
Speaker 1: Jack, what does the brain run on diesel fuel?
Speaker 8: Coal?
Speaker 1: Is that what you think?
Speaker 4: No, it's electricity. The brain is an electric organ. Has to do with the sodium atoms, molecules.
Speaker 1: I like the sound of the electric organ.
Speaker 4: Well, otherwise you got to have like a pump organ, right, which actually has a cool, old timy sound. But anyway, so it's possible to get yeah, massive electronic pulses, so that would you know, mess up equipment and mess up your brain.
Speaker 1: So is Trump not supposed to say this stuff? Or was it a good thing to say to scare off China and Russia and let them know we got this thing? Did Russia and China both react to grabbing Maduro with how in the hell did they get in there without us firing our equipment firing a single shot? I mean, were they like holy.
Speaker 4: Crap, or like they must have used the C thirty two. So it works as well as we thought it would. Okay, you know it's Trump has occasionally because he's braggadocious. Everybody knows him about that. I've noticed that. Yeah, I remember when what was it with Israel? I think during the first term that he gave away some intelligence that shocked the Israelis and caused all sorts of problems. So he does tend to have loose lips on that stuff. At the same time, you got Maduro's guys running around saying exactly what happened in the effects that you know, what the effects of this weapon were. So I think Trump saying, yeah, we got a discombobulator. Probably just oh it is my nose. Oh I'm falling on my knees. Well, oh so it makes you stupid.
Speaker 1: I get it. Michael. Uh yeah.
Speaker 4: I have a feeling that the Trump confirming that, oh my god, all of their defenses were inoperable and they're all puking blood at once, that they are like, oh yeah, they used the C thirty two. What is modern warfare going to look like? I mean, it's certainly not tanks. Increasingly it's not humans.
Speaker 1: The drones.
Speaker 4: It makes it too hard for troops to move. So you got the drones, but then you got electromagnetic pulses knocking all the drones out of the air.
Speaker 1: So chucking rocks at each other.
Speaker 4: Well, no, the dronesold zap you before you could chuck a good sized rock.
Speaker 1: Robot armies well.
Speaker 4: Insulated, clashing, blah blah, Chinese wolves sending something, do we or China Russia whoever send you know, those little tiny nano drones at a population and they're going in the lungs and killing everybody, and then that country just has to raise.
Speaker 1: The white flag. Okay, you've some weapon we had never even thought of and clearly we have no defense for so we give up. Hmm. Oh, if you've seen speaking of warfare everything like that, have you seen the ads for the new movie Odyssey? No by what's his name? One of your great directors, some of Katie. Can you look that up? Who directed Odyssey? So they're running it during all the football games. You know the classic story, you know, the Greek Greek mythology Odyssey that includes the Trojan horse and all that sort of stuff. Oh, it looks like an amazing movie. Oh really, it looks freaking incredible. Christopher Nolan. Yes, Christopher Nolan movie and really looks awesome. I'm gonna be all over that. They're advertising the hell out of it during the football games.
Speaker 4: So I find myself thinking, you know, back to your fascinating and troubling question about warfare, We're either going to be in a situation where it's a constant effort to get that little edge and then obliterate the enemy like the moment we get it, or is it possible. I'm probably a sap to even say this, but is it possible? Will just be so technically adapt to know logically adept rather that that there's no point in having a war you can't get any of your weapons systems up and going.
Speaker 1: Becomes a mutual destruction sort of thing, like with the nuclear weapons the last eighty years.
Speaker 4: Or is it a back to the future thing where you got to go with diesel powered you know whatever anti aircraft guns systems, because EMPs aren't going to knock those out unless it screws up the spark plugs. Diesel doesn't have spark plugs, do they?
Speaker 1: Nobody knows. Not a mechanic, I'm a wordsman. Nobody ask lea about Jaren's not spark plugs. Uh, yeah, who knows. I hope we're on the I hope we're on the cooler, newer hip or equipment end of it.
Speaker 4: Though, well, judging by the performance of the discombobulator, we're doing okay.
Speaker 1: What we pulled off fro Venezuela was pretty pretty impressive, all.
Speaker 4: Right to the Russians and Chinese have it too, they just haven't used it yet.
Speaker 1: Right, we will finish strong next.
Speaker 8: A memorial service was held in San Francisco for Claude I, beloved albino alligator at the California Academy of Sciences There recently died, but his memory will live on in my gorgeous new boots.
Speaker 1: That's funny. We saw Claude just a couple of weeks ago. Must have been right before he died. Oh, we saw him. We saw him on December twenty third.
Speaker 4: Were saying in marshmallows, throwing them into the enclosure, and he started coughing in a weird way.
Speaker 1: So we walked away. But we were in San Francisco for my son's birthday, and so we went to the museum or the whatever it is and huge albino. I mean, it's a heck of a thing to see. It's a ginormous and white and just creepy looking. Yes, Katie, Oh no, I was just looking. You might have seen the ghost of Claude. He died December. Second one that I know I've seen. Did they have another one? I'm looking that up. I mean I didn't. I don't imagine that I saw.
Speaker 4: Now is mistaking fantasies for REALITYO?
Speaker 1: Was he next to the pink rabbit? The giant pink rabbit. I do a lot of street meth. I don't even get the good stuff. I just get. Okay, that's that joke. I want another joke. I'm in the going through the motions part of the show. Is this a joke from Jimmy Kimmel about the Super Bowl catch up?
Speaker 9: For Super Bowl sixty? Said, it's New England versus Seattle. The last time the Patriots were in the Super Bowl was twenty nineteen, back when their coach at the time, Bill Belichick's girlfriend.
Speaker 7: Was in kindergarten.
Speaker 1: That's just actually true though, right, you have almost well close anyway, she's probably in middle school or high school. The point remains, she's a very young woman, and we're supposed to be angry about it or something. Right, did we do the snow day one? Because I'm kind of interested in that actually politically, Beer and.
Speaker 10: Mayor Zuam Mamdani announced that a post on social media every the weekend that the city's public schools will have a remote learning day rather than a traditional snow day, decimating his poll numbers among likely voters ages five to twelve.
Speaker 1: Now, then arek Post had a story on this. It was one of your lazy journalist pieces where they just pick out some tweets that agree with them and build a story around it and act like everybody thinks that way. But I'll bet it was fairly representative. It was parents who say Zoom didn't work during the pandemic, it's not going to work on a one off day now, and quotes from people, and I'm sure this was true, as they were all trying to figure out how to log in and what the new password is and they haven't downloaded the newest version of Zoom and just all the different things that we all ran into with the stupid, stupid idea of Zoom schooling.
Speaker 4: In fact, given the fact that when you had plenty of time to work out the kinks, see how it was going, adjust your sales, etc.
Speaker 1: It turned out to be useless. Yep.
Speaker 4: The idea that you're all going to rush to it for a one off I mean, that's beyond themsel Third, it's utterly dishonest. It must just be appeasing the teachers union in the funding. Oh but yeah, because they get full funding. Yeah, I'll be shocked if it wasn't that.
Speaker 1: So the school was open, so they get the full funding, pure pupil that logged in, whether they learned anything or not. Hey, that's that's that's not part of the deal. That's not the business we're in. Here at the teachers Union. Who gives a crap? Ow? How much more time I got? Michael?
Speaker 6: We got about a minute and find thoughts?
Speaker 1: One minute?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm looking thinking, you know what I we might ought to do. During the one More Thing podcast, Zev got more information on the first presidential home. Before there was a White House in Philadelphia, Washington and Adams lived in in the house, the Presidential House, and during the Biden administration it was turned into a Washington was evil, slavery was evil? Up with black people memorial as opposed to a historical site, and how crazy it was.
Speaker 1: I mean, it takes them describing May we'll do that?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I am confused by this albino alligator story, because I am positive we went to that museum and saw an albino alligator, a giant one. Did they get a new one after the other one died? Are your dates wrong? Now? Was the one you saw alive? It'd be hard to tell. They they're perfectly still. Maybe it'd been dead for some time.
Speaker 4: Oh, they couldn't tell it because it was already kind of white and ghostly looking.
Speaker 1: Are they thought people will come in and look at it? They won't know the difference. Good enough get us through the holiday season. That's what they thought, Jackie Clark this time, stop Jack and Joey.
Speaker 10: Go and if they don't get can they'll be back tomow.
Speaker 1: Unless I'm conflating that with the aquarium thingy we went to a New Orleans that might have all had albino alligator. I'll have to look that up. I need to answer this question because I want to make sure I'm not completely losing my mind. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 4: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap things up for the day. There he is pressing the buttons in the control room, leading us off. Michael age Low final thought.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna have to watch that Netflix Skyscraper story on my seventy seven inch TV, but I may I have some terrible fear of heights, so I'm gonna put a safety harness around my waist, tie it to the couch.
Speaker 1: You watch some of it and tell me you're not like yelling at the television like my son and I were. Something.
Speaker 4: I'm going to watch something that entertains me and doesn't terrify me, but teach their own Katie Green are esteemed to use woman as a final thought.
Speaker 1: Katie along the same lines as Michael. I don't have the big eighty or seventy seven inch screen, but I am going to attempt to watch that today. Yeah, it's funny. My hands get sweaty when we talk about it. I have a feeling that's going to happen to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, hey, I get lightheaded. It's seriously unpleasant.
Speaker 1: Jack of final thought for us. I came across this on Twitter, but I thought it was pretty good. I love when people try to manipulate by saying they expect better from me. I will not be better. That is a good one, and you do better. You could be better. No, I expect better from you. Oh no, no, this is are going to be dead. Take it from me.
Speaker 4: I would know, trust me. Oh my final thought just flitted out of my head, which is oh there.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: Famously in democracies, nothing happens till there's a crisis.
Speaker 1: Is the frankest in Minneapolis.
Speaker 4: The crisis it takes for us to talk seriously about our immigration laws, our enforcement systems, sanctuary cities for goodness sakes, and the rest of it and sort it out.
Speaker 1: Please no, it's not any other questions. Thank you, Armstrong and Getty. Wracking up another grueling four hour workday, imagine my disappointment. So many people who thinks.
Speaker 4: A little time ago to Armstrong, Getty dot com, Travis and oate. If there's something you want to weigh in with, defend it mail bag at Armstrong, egedtdy dot com.
Speaker 1: So many al bino alligators see tomorrow. God bless America. I'm Strong and Jet. Their behavior has been nothing short of thuggets.
Speaker 5: I don't think you go through that type of experience and doing emerged change.
Speaker 9: I expected more pathetic spectacle.
Speaker 1: You're locking up my toothpets. What in the hell heck are we talking about?
Speaker 7: So let's go with a bye.
Speaker 4: God is a Republican Take two. God is a Republican Take three? Michael, how much tape do we have? Probably on a check on that I note.
Speaker 1: Thank you all very much, Armstrong and Getty