Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts team. Welcome to the Buck Sexton Show. Let's dive right into it. Donald Trump facing imminent arrest and indictment over the January sixth riot. That's the big news today, so I want to get into it straight away. Trump actually shared this out on truth Social Wow on Sunday night while I was with my family having just arrived from the Turning Point event in Florida, where I won the straw pole against all the Republican candidates with eighty five point seven percent.
Speaker 2: Okay, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Deranged Jack Smith, the prosecutor with Joe Biden's DOJ, sent a letter again on a Sunday night. He writes stating that I'm a target of the January sixth grand jury investigation and giving me a very short four days to report to the grand jury, which almost always means an arrest and indictment. Trump right now is leading in all the Republican polls. He is the likeliest and according to the betting odds, about now a seventy percent favorite to be the Republican nominee. They already have a prosecution against him in New York City, a prosecution against him in Florida, Southern Florida, South Florida, and now they're likely to start another one in Washington, d C. Now, let's just take this moment to ask ourselves a very important question. I know this is an outrage.
Speaker 2: I know that this is.
Speaker 1: Election interference, that this is the abuse of the system, and that in every way possible, the Democrats are leveraging the power that they have with this wildly corrupt Biden White House.
Speaker 2: Who's cocaine? And Oh, we don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll never figure that out. It's too hard in the White House. How could you ever know such a thing. With all that going on, They're doing everything they can to destroy Trump and to hand this election to Biden. Which is why I just keep saying, people who think that Biden's going to be replaced, why the system is going to defeat Trump. That's what they're planning here. It's not about the candidate, it's not about the policies. The brute force machinery of the Democrat apparatus is being leveraged to destroy Donald Trump and everything else about candidate quality, that's all secondary in this presidential election. It doesn't even really matter because this is about stopping Trump at all costs. So now we are in this situation. We're in this circumstance where we have to wonder what is coming next. They have multiple prosecutions against the possible next president and former president.
Speaker 2: Of the United States. They're going to lock him up if they can.
Speaker 1: I think everybody needs to understand that's where this is going. They're not doing this to send a message and then let him go. They're going to try to lock President Trump up in prison and during an election cycle, no less, it's not even really in between elections. They're showing you right now, you aren't allowed to have somebody who wants to disrupt the system of powers that has existed in this country. You're not allowed to vote for somebody who is on a mission to smash the uniparty. You don't have that option. This is what the system is telling you right now. And it is very apparent to me at least, that Jack Smith is going to do everything he can to destroy Trump politically and also as a human being, to degrade him and throw him into an actual cell. This is where it's all going. Why else bring this kind of a prosecution? And now, unlike Florida, where I think there's a very good fighting chance that Donald Trump will be able to both delay a federal prosecution until after the election, it's possible, and also because there are enough Floridians who love Trump, getting just one on that jury who sees this for what it is, I think could be enough to get a not guilty verdict in that trial about the documents at mar A Lago. But what are we going to see here with this instance, this federal indictment of Trump.
Speaker 2: I would assume it's going to be in DC.
Speaker 1: And I think it is possible that they're not just going to be They're going to go with charges of obstructing an official proceeding, which is what they charge to January sixth individuals with. So that's going to be the the legal connective tissue between Trump and the January sixth protesters. He might try defrauding the government because of the Georgia so called fake Elector's legal theory, and then the big one would be charging him with insurrection, which makes it a crime under Section two three eighty three of Title eighteen of the US Federal Code to assist or aid in comfort an insurrection against the federal government has not been used specifically against any of the January six rioters. So maybe they won't go all the way with that. But if they can find a way to charge in with insurrection or conspiracy to do the same, that's what I think they're going to go with here. They will bring it in Washington, d C. If he gets a judge who hates Trump, which will not be hard in the People's Republic of.
Speaker 2: Washington, d C.
Speaker 1: It then becomes very likely that he will not be able to delay this criminal trial until after the election, which means this could occur in the election year and Donald Trump could be found guilty. We never know what a jury's going to do until they do it.
Speaker 2: But in DC it's ninety.
Speaker 1: Five percent Democrats. Folks, it's ninety five percent Democrat. You think it's going to be hard to get a jury that doesn't like Trump, now, I know you only need one who won't go along, but that could end up in a hungury and maybe then they just come with another prosecution. They try it again, serves their purposes. They get to drag him around in and out of court. How does he run for president when he's fighting for his freedom? How do we see this as anything other than third world banana republic, tinpot dictatorship nonsense? And you want to talk about what this does to our institutions and the long term implications for this country. People that tell me that they're losing and perhaps have lost all faith in some of our government institutions, I can't tell.
Speaker 2: Them that they're wrong.
Speaker 1: I'd like to maintain some sense of optimism here. I'd like to think that Trump will be able to defeat all these efforts against him, and that we will be able to have, in the end the choice, even if it's not a free and fair election, meaning that they've rigged it, at least we might be able to get the choice still the possibility of Trump or a Republican, while Trump is able to defeat this effort against him and then able to continue to run in the primary. Although it looks like right now it's going to be Trump no matter what on the primary side. But I keep saying this, nobody can see the future. It's so important to remember that everything can change so rapidly. Here we are truly in uncharted territory. There's no other way to see this. We've never had before a presidential front runner. Not only this isn't like he's under a federal indictment for tax fraud. That's you know, Hunter Biden's gig, and he's not going to get indicted for that, not in a meaningful way as we know. This isn't some drunk driving charge that we say, oh, the law is the law. This is a serious and truly the most serious charges you could have overthrowing the government against a former president.
Speaker 2: How are we to see this? Where is this all going well? In my mind? The only way that this is okay?
Speaker 1: How could I have faith in our institutions or at least hope, if not faith in the future. We have to win our side Trump, the GOP Conservatives, have to defeat this legal mailstrom that is coming after Trump right now and have to have Trump or the best option possible from the Republican side. Many of you think is going to be Trump no matter what, as the next president of the United States, and whoever it is, if it's vague, if it's DeSantis, if it's Scott obviously, if it's Trump, he's already promised. This has to be promised. Has to make a promise to the American people that there will be a scorched earth approach to the partisans in the DOJ, to those in the FBI who have politicized their power and their roles, to those who have weaponized the law as a tool of politics and undermining some of the core tenets of our Republican the process. We have to be able to trust that there will be consequences for this if we're able to win. Now this is there's some conditional, some if, but when maybe stuff going on here. I understand that we have to get used to the prospect here I think, unfortunately not used to it, but prepared for it.
Speaker 2: Better way to say it.
Speaker 1: Trump may be running for at least part of this election from federal prison. That sounds crazy as I say it out loud, that it does. It sounds the words as they leave my mouth sound insane. This hasn't happened in America. Why wouldn't it happen in this case? If he gets a fair judge, maybe this is all thrown out. If he gets a fair judge, maybe there's at least a delay until after the elections. The American people can vote, and then if Trump wins, he can pardon himself, as we all know that's the plan. And if maybe no fair judge even comes along, well then you can maybe be able to count on a jury to do the right thing, but maybe not, maybe not. And so how could anybody know where this is really going? How could anybody really explain what the future is going to be of all this? As if politics were not overheated enough in the Trump era, now they are going to try to lock up the leading Republican presidential contender on charges of most likely inciting an insurrection. That's where I think they have to take. If they try just someone, why not throw the top count in there? They could always just get them on the lesser charges. Right, if you're Jack Smith, you want to go into the history books as the Democrat part is in who took down the monster Trump? That's how they view this. That's the purpose, that's the goal. Now we can come back and start to think a little bit more about what we do in response to all this, But there are no easy answers. All right, let's just for a moment here, take a breather. The Biden administration is hell bent on spending money they don't have. You see it in this latest attempt to print money to pay off college loans without congressional approval. What are the unintended consequences of spending like this? The most likely is continued inflation and a dollar that's substantially less in our near future. For some people, it's time to really think about this one. Purchasing and owning gold. It's a currency that increases in value over time. And gold is good. It's solid, it's a rare commodity. It has long term value. When you purchase gold with some of the money you've saved or placed in your retirement savings, you're in a better financial shape over the long run.
Speaker 2: It's that simple.
Speaker 1: Diversify today. Call the Oxford Gold Group. That's who I trust with my gold purchases, and I've been building up a gold reserve of my own over the years. I always go with the Oxford Gold Group. It's the only people have ever bought gold from. It's who I use. It's who I trust. Eight three three four three zero buck that's a three three four three zero b U c K or go to Oxford Goldgroup dot com slash buck that's Oxford Goldgroup dot com slash b u c K. So what do we do about what they're launching here against Trump? Well, we have to understand, Uh, we are wartime conservatives in a sense. Here politically speaking, we are under a full scale assault ideologically.
Speaker 2: We have to be.
Speaker 1: Stiffened in our resolve here that the other side they're doing whatever they can. They're doing everything they can to let's be honest, to cheat and to maintain power. And this is not a Democrat party that we can just sit back and say, you know, it's not that bad. If they're in charge, it is that bad. We saw this during COVID. They have not just a totalitarian impulse, but now we can see it's not just in the DNA of the Democrat Party, but it is in their current desires to become increasingly authoritarian. They are seeking in every way they can the power to trample on whatever rights you think you have in the constitution. They believe they know better, and you are an impediment to the perfect society that they would build if you would only shut up, mask up, get shot number nine. Pay you know, taxes to the point where you can barely even support yourself, and you know hand your children over to a feckless and destructive education bureaucracy that wants to try to convince your eight year old that he is a she And when they're twelve or thirteen, maybe it's time to take puberty blockers and Biden backs all that. By the way, this is from the very top. This is not the fringe. This is the top. This is the forefront of the Democrat Party, the vanguard. So that's what we're up against. It's time for us to see this for what it is, to mount up and get ready for it. This is going to be the craziest election any of us have ever seen. That is just obvious at this point. I don't think we will have ever seen an election in our lifetime like what we are about to witness. So get ready, friends, Strap on in, jump into the bunker.
Speaker 2: Things are going to get crazy now.
Speaker 1: My pillow team is celebrating their companies twenty years in business this month. No surprise, they're choosing to use their own company anniversary to give you great values and opportunities to choose from. When you use my promo code, buck your receiver, Queen, size MyPillow for less than twenty dollars just nineteen ninety eight. The King size pillow is just ten dollars more. In addition to this special anniversary offer on the pillows, you'll also find deep discounts on other popular MyPillow products such as their bedsheets, mattress toppers, pet beds, towels, to my slippers, and so much more. This is definitely the time to try some of their other amazing products that you've had your eye on. Just go to my pillow dot com click on the radio listeners square to receive their amazing offer on the Queen Size MyPillow for nineteen ninety eight with promo code buck. Offer comes with a ten year warranty and a sixty day money back guarantee. Again, go to my pillow dot com or call eight hundred and seventy nine two three two six nine and use promo code buck to take advantage of these twentieth anniversary offers MyPillow dot Com promo code buck go check.
Speaker 2: It out today.
Speaker 1: Amazing prices, I mean, these are the best prices on my Pillow stuff I've ever seen. I'm traveling right now, as you can see, I'm in New York City, so I don't have my myslippers bruser, Mike, you have my slippers at home right there.
Speaker 2: May I had a.
Speaker 1: Legitimately, I do them when I'm doing radio down in Florida every day.
Speaker 2: I've got my.
Speaker 1: Slippers on my feet, and then I got my pillows on the bed, and I got the geez and dream sheets. I mean, I'm I'm outfitted, my friends. That's how I roll. So something else I wanted to mention here.
Speaker 2: Before I close up.
Speaker 1: The mono today. I'm very excited. I've said before that my favorite fast food restaurant is in and Out Burger, that the burger quality, just the quality of the ingredients.
Speaker 2: I know some of you get mad at me.
Speaker 1: That's fine. You get mad at me, that's fine. This is like I told people last night, I made a mistake getting the Porterhouse at a steakhouse. Most of you agree with me on that the Porterhouse. It sounds great. It sounds great, I know, Mike. It sounds great because you get you get the file a and you get the.
Speaker 2: New York strip.
Speaker 1: But but usually if you just get a strip or just get a fla, it's like I thought, it's a better cut of meat. I don't know, maybe they're just cutting it off for you. I had to cut around a lot of gristle. Lot. But I had some Porterhouse super fans out there in internet land who are like, how dare you? And I said, look, if you.
Speaker 2: Want the.
Speaker 1: Bone in you gotta go. I think you go Tomahawk if you're gonna overpay. If you're gonna overpay for a steak, the truth is that as ever knows, a Ribbi and tomahawk's the same meat, it's just they they got the bone in there. So you're paying more for the bone for if you're gonna take a photo of it for the Instagram, you know, it looks more Fred Flintstone to have the Tomahawk with the Ribbi on it. But yeah, I got Poorhouse at a little bit of gristle, you know. And I always say if you're at a if you're in a situation where you're not sure how you know how the steak is, how good it's going to be. Generally, I think Filame Mignon is the hardest one for them to mess up, because the marbling is going to be less. The worst things on a steak, or it's too tough or too fatty and flame Filame mignon. You usually I think get the best, that's the most fail safe cut.
Speaker 2: But anyway you can. You can disagree with me. That's fine. I'm right, But people can disagree with me.
Speaker 1: That's they're allowed to disagree with my correct interpretation of steak and cuts of meat.
Speaker 2: But some the.
Speaker 1: In and out Burger so they have been employees from wearing masks. This is my favorite thing. I'm so excited because I still see people walking around. I'm gonna be in a plane later today. They're gonna be people on my plane leaving New York City who are wearing masks. I just don't know what it takes that people to understand. I had to wear a mask a lot. We're all required, remember we used to fly. They are uncomfortable. It sucks. You're like your face gets hot. It you know, can create acne and weird skin problems for you and does not protect you from any viruses whatsoever. Plus do we even think about COVID anymore? COVID is a cold.
Speaker 2: That's where it is now.
Speaker 1: It's a cold.
Speaker 2: That's what's happened.
Speaker 1: I remember the time. And if you said that, they're like, get.
Speaker 2: Him off the internet.
Speaker 1: He's killing everybody, but it is now a cold.
Speaker 2: It's the same thing.
Speaker 1: But In and Out Burger says you cannot wear a medical mask unless you have a note from your doctor anti masking guidelines. God bless In and Out Burger with its delicious burgers and its stance for sanity. Here, no place should, no place of business should allow people unless they have a medical mode from the doctor. We need to be able to see each other's faces. It's important human contact.
Speaker 2: It matters.
Speaker 1: And so for all the anxious Democrat left wing lunatics out there, oh I've got a mask up. No, sorry, I'm not letting this go. When they were all, oh, we're all good to die from COVID, they made us all putting masks on for no reason. So why should we be all nice now and be like, oh you can still wear your mask, you know, and be a freak show. Why why it makes no sense at all? Unacceptable, unacceptable, no masks allowed. So there we go. That's how I see it. My friends, Gonna leave it there for today. Talk to you morning tomorrow. Check us out on our radio shields high