Speaker 1: The best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: It's listener q and daytime.
Speaker 1: We're Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions.
Speaker 2: What's up? Everybody? Happy weekend?
Speaker 3: Excited to be joined by Mike d You are here for a listener QNA Mike, how you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm doing pretty good? Yeah, yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 2: Well that's good. We are about to head into the weekend.
Speaker 3: You guys are at your weekend and hopefully this will get you through your Saturday. So we're gonna start off with some shout outs, okay, because those are always fun.
Speaker 2: Stuart says, you're my favorite guy on Bobby Bone Chokes. You always seem super level headed.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't really consider myself a level headed person, but I don't think I've ever had that compliment, So I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Stuart. That's you that way. So you're rolling with it now. You are both so wonderful. Thank you for all you do. That's from Jill.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that one.
Speaker 2: Very sweet ones to start.
Speaker 3: Now go and pull our opposite direction. Money is no object. What adrenaline junkie adventure would you do?
Speaker 2: This is from Susette.
Speaker 1: Oh, adrenaline junkie. I love getting my adrenaline up.
Speaker 3: You do, And I think this is why this question was because you're a bit of an adrenaline junkie, but not all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know. I heard Zach Brown, he was on a Bobby cast recently talking about doing like that diving where you dive with no equipment.
Speaker 2: What like so not.
Speaker 1: Uh, I don't think he had his. I guess you'd have to have something to breathe or in a tank or something. But it's like free diving.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me look it up, because there's scuba diving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's like free diving. Maybe it's like you have a tank with you because I think scuba diving you're attached to something, right, You're attached to some kind of oxygen source. Yeah, and you can have to stay like probably close to them.
Speaker 2: Oh no, they're not free diving. You're not with anything.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, okay, uh free This is from Wikipedia.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Free diving, otherwise known as breath hold diving or skin diving, is a mode of underwater diving that relies on breath holding until resurfacing.
Speaker 1: See I always try to see how long I can hold my breath and I think I have pretty good lungs. I think from one of the benefits of running is like just me being able to hold my breath, to control my breathing is pretty good.
Speaker 2: What do you think you're at? Like, how long do you think you can hold your breath?
Speaker 1: Ind I mean it's probably like a minute, so not that long, but I just a minute is really long. I feel like, but not to go free diving, I feel like you have to be able to. I feel like you have to be able hold of like five a lot longer than that.
Speaker 2: Do you think people actually can I think so.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess it's something you would train, but that's how long or have a panic attack?
Speaker 2: You put me underwater that long? And I like would forget to go to the surface.
Speaker 1: A human can hold their breath.
Speaker 3: I didn't say here, we're just googling answer.
Speaker 1: The world record is twenty four minutes and thirty seven seconds. That's the world record. So I feel like five minutes would probably be like a skill you'd have to acquire.
Speaker 2: How do you even.
Speaker 3: Like with your your brain without oxygen your how do you get your nose in your mouth to stop breaking?
Speaker 1: Get some of the risk you could have a seizure. You could you could injure your brain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you need oxygen to your brain, and the way you get oxygen is to your brains to break.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That sounds wild to me, but I think I would just like to explore the ocean, and that seems like a fun way to do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, free diving. There you go.
Speaker 1: So I just don't know what you're going to encounter out in the ocean.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 1: It's just like you and a spear.
Speaker 2: Well, so, now there's a spirit.
Speaker 1: That's what Zach Brown said too. He just goes down him and his spear.
Speaker 2: It just sounds so like he sounds like Aquaman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's some thing. It sounds like Aquaman, but just so like old school like adventure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Okay, never had heard of this, Zach Brownman, you're crazy wild. Kristen from Canada.
Speaker 2: Would like to know your favorite book to movie adaptation.
Speaker 1: I think for me, like I didn't read all the Harry Potter books when they came out, like that was like right around the time that I was like the same age as Harry Potter, and I feel like that's why it was so popular with millennials because he kind of grew up with them. But I didn't really read those books. I just watched the movies. I tried reading the first one, and I think I read that one, But I don't think I've read all those books.
Speaker 2: Okay, So have you gone back and tried to read them now or not?
Speaker 1: I thought about it. I was at a book store the other day and I saw like a nicely collector's edition of them. Yeah. I don't know if it would still hit the same as an adult. But the one book series that I read every single book, devoured and loved all the movies was The Hunger Games.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 3: I do feel like they were really great visually, like connected with the book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were really good. And that was the only time I've ever said that the book was better than the movie. Yeah, because there's just so much more in that world when you read those books than what happened in the movie, especially because in the first one they didn't have the budget, I feel to make that movie the best they could have. Later they got a little bit more money and they were able to look a little bit better. But I just felt there were so much more in that first book that I was like, oh man, it did really live up to my expectations.
Speaker 2: Dang movie, Mike, like in a book over a movie as wild out.
Speaker 1: Of every book that I've read, because I don't read a whole lot, I tried to like more comic books and graphic novels that I've seen turned into movies. But that's the one where I read every single book and it was like before the movies came out, so I got to experience that too, have read it and got to go see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a long stin of them.
Speaker 3: I'm not much of a book person now I wish I was, but like there was Harry.
Speaker 2: Potter, Twilight, Divergent, Hunger Games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's like one other one, but I just remembered those being so I was like, I read all the books, went to every movie, and then I just stopped because it'scause they stopped doing it.
Speaker 1: But that was kind of the Yeah, I guess, I guess Twilight kind of kicked that off more. And then Hunger Games of like the dystopian teenager like series that was so popular in the twenty tens, and then once a couple of them started to fail, they stopped doing it. But I feel like every series, every book series like that, people bought up the movie rights to hopefully have like another hit.
Speaker 2: I guess that's true. If you have, it's kind of like the Colleen Hoover stuff.
Speaker 3: If you have so many series or books that do well, it's like immediately licious.
Speaker 1: Buy I want it. It becomes hot. Everybody wants to buy something for cheap and then try to get a lot out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why. Have you seen the New It.
Speaker 1: Ends with that? Yeah, my wife saw it, but I was like, I don't know if I'm really too into it.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: There are some movies that we just don't go see together, Movies like that that's based on a book that I'm never get to read. She'll go watch those on her own. I'm all in for horror movies on my own.
Speaker 2: Okay, So she.
Speaker 3: Won't go to horror movies you don't go for some of the book out edits Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: What is your guilty pleasure movies of movies that you watch over and over again?
Speaker 2: This is from Devin, And you can't say Twister because we already know that.
Speaker 1: Oh guilty pleasure that I watch over and over.
Speaker 3: Again because I do feel like your answer would have been Twistered, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I don't think that one's a guilty pleasure. I put that one as one of my top ten movies of all time. I feel like I feel like for some people, they think it's not a great movie, but I don't feel like that's a guilty pleasure for me because I'm so open about loving that movie.
Speaker 2: That's fair. Okay, then take it back.
Speaker 1: You can say Twister, but you'll see pleasure. Though. I would probably have to lean towards something that I watched as a kid and then I go back and rewatch a lot. So probably the first Pokemon movie.
Speaker 2: I did see that one coming.
Speaker 1: And the reason is because like I hadn't seen that movie in years, and it's not on any streaming service or anything. So pretty recently within the last few months, I like went and had to rent the movie. It was like four dollars to watch it, just to relive my childhood. And I was like embarrassed to tell my wife that I had spent money to watch the Pokemon.
Speaker 2: Movie you've already seen.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen a lot as a kid. I had the VHS, but I was like, I gotta watch that again. To see how it holds up. So this is some one.
Speaker 2: This is the one that's about Mew too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that right?
Speaker 2: I'm looking.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've seen any of the Pokemon movies, and it's just popping up it just as the first movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So it was huge at the time because Pokemon was like at the height of its popularity, and then when you went to go see the movie in theaters, you got like the exclusive cards. So I still have that to this day. I was like, this is gonna be worth a lot of money, but mass produced not really worth a whole lot of money.
Speaker 3: They aren't even still like because this came out in nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that was that never really went up.
Speaker 3: In value well, because you would think most people probably didn't hold on to it either.
Speaker 1: So I still have mine. I have the one from when I went to go see Detective Pikachu too. I haven't even opened it because I'm like, someday that's gonna be worth a lot of money, but probably not.
Speaker 3: Just a bunch of in cases. Yeah, I see. How good is your Spanish? Do you use it less? Being away from home? That's from Daniel.
Speaker 1: It has gotten worse actually because here I don't really speak it to anybody because growing up in Texas, it's just it's everywhere you go to any store or any restaurant, there's people there who speak Spanish. And really the only time I get to use it now is whenever I call my parents, sometimes when I'm in an Uber, and then other times it's just like randomly seeing people out and somebody needed to translate something. They see me, They're like, hey, do you speak English and Spanish? That happened like a couple Like last weekend, there was like a Uber driver trying to pick up an order when I was going to get a smoothie and they were trying to communicate what was happening, Like there's blenders were broken, and it was having to communicate to him what was going on because he didn't speak English and they could really explain it to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh gosh, I was taking a chance to like ask a strange right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean they would have seen me. They assumed that I would speak Spanish too, and I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Luckily, yeah, but not so great anymore.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm still fluent in it. There's just sometimes that I think what it comes down to is. There is a lot of words in Spanish that are like spanglish words that I've learned on TikTok that aren't actually real words. There's like these words that I grew up saying for so long, knowing that those are the words, But it turns out that it was people who came here trying to speak English and just didn't say words right. So, like the term troca is truck, but that's not really the real word for truck. It's kamuneta, but I grew.
Speaker 2: Up it doesn't even feel like similar at all.
Speaker 1: But it was people who are Mexican saying trying to say truck like you know you would in English, but making it sound like Spanish, and I grew up thinking that that was the actual term for truck when it's not.
Speaker 3: Wait, so there's actually slang words in Spanish that are ones where I'd be like boxo, like yeah that kind of thing, yeah, that kind of.
Speaker 2: Thing that actually has turned into like slang words for.
Speaker 1: The But it's what I believe now is like the real word because that's how I grew up saying it. But it was really just us trying to assimilate to English. But we made up our own language. So it's like Spanglish wow, And there are these words where I'm trying to translate and I'm saying words differently because it's like, oh, that's actually not the real word. There's another word that's the actual definition. It's also the way I learned Spanish, because I learned it from my parents from going to Mexico. A lot of things kind of made up do so like the actual like what you would find in the textbook definition are not all the definitions I know, So sometimes translating is hard just for that reason. And also like writing it, I was never like fluid and riding it.
Speaker 2: I feel like writing and speaking are so many different things when it comes.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, writing was tough. That's why I still took Spanish in high school. But it wasn't the easiest for me.
Speaker 3: Well, at least you can communicate in person, though. I like that if you're gonna choose one, that was the better one to choose. Yeah, Okay, we're gonna take one quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: This one is from Kristen.
Speaker 3: She would like to know if you and Bobby ever fight or argue, and if so, how do.
Speaker 2: You work it out.
Speaker 1: I don't think we've fought or argued in a while. The one time and the last time I remember us fighting was I think at the height of Dancing with the Stars and American Idol, when we were traveling together all the time, and I remember we were on a flight back to Los Angeles and we were both just fried and tired, and we had to land and go into the radio studio, and somewhere in between getting off the plane and getting to the uber, we got like separated somehow, and then I couldn't find him, he couldn't find me. It took us forever to get out of there, and it's always just the pain from landing in lax driving to where our station is there it's like an hour, so it added on probably like ten to fifteen minutes of just trying to get out of there, and that whole drive we didn't speak a word to each other. We got into the studio, did the show, and then went back to our small apartment maybe we're probably in a hotel at that time, and didn't say anything. And then next day we're good. We got over it, and.
Speaker 2: It was all because of just like the stressfulness that.
Speaker 1: We were just so stressed and tired that it was kind of like two cats fighting and just being like you're kind of just annoyed with being with somebody for so long when you are, and just from being exhausted from all those things. It just kind of combined into us just lashing out at each other for a little bit and then needing to go to our separate corners and then just come back and be good.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know that ever happened. That's interesting.
Speaker 1: That was a while ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's been a long time concerning how close you guys work together too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was probably twenty eighteen, so that was like the last real time. I mean, there are moments like on the show where stuff happens, but it's it's never anything crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like just in that moment, it's just over.
Speaker 1: I think in any work environment you have that. So but that was the only time that I would really consider like that we fought with each other.
Speaker 2: Okay, good question. Good I want to say, good Kristen question, but good question. Kristin.
Speaker 3: Rachel from Australia asked if you ever wish you could play in the games instead of making.
Speaker 1: Them sometimes but kind of like what I've learned from doing this podcast with you. It's totally different when you're on the other end of it. My mind goes blank, and I find that I'm much better at making them than I would be playing. Even things that I know from doing the trivia all the time, I would probably forget it just because once you're in that moment in that seat, everybody else's because they're all seasoned. Like it's it's totally different when we're playing like a music game something else. There's more more comes from that experience of being in that environment that I don't think I would have, so I probably wouldn't be as good unless it was something so specific to me.
Speaker 3: So you're giving me an excuse for why it talks about is I'm not as seasoned as all the veterans.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's tough, it is, no, but it's just.
Speaker 1: Something about your mind going blank of like I know this, and it's just the pressure of it being a radio bit you being on the clock that you just forget the simplest things. That's why easy Trivia works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so tough.
Speaker 3: I'd be like I knew that, Like where the one that still gets me to this day and I think they're haunting me now is from Lunchbox, and I played that final round of Elder versus Millennial, and it was my little pony question.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have seen like ten my little ponies.
Speaker 3: I'm like, it irks me so bad because I'm like, I knew that I played with them, and now I see them everywhere.
Speaker 2: But in that.
Speaker 1: Moment, it stays in your head forever.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, so totally true. You are good at making them, though, You're really great at making them, and I think you would be good at playing them, especially all the movie games that I could do. You'd have like the expertise Eddie has a music, but with movies.
Speaker 1: I think I could hang an easy trivia just because I've been making that game for I don't even know how long now, six seven years, and I feel like if anybody else were to take over making those questions, I know exactly the questions you would find and be things I've been finding for years.
Speaker 3: That's true, It's just as much it's just does your memory bank take them all? Like?
Speaker 2: Are they still going to all be in there by the time you get asked you question?
Speaker 1: And it'd be the one that I can't remember that.
Speaker 3: Gets asked, Yeah, because I told you I have been like I've been training, like i'd quiz myself on different things, and then the time comes to actually do it, I'm like, I just remember.
Speaker 2: That and now it's gone already.
Speaker 3: So you know, the adult brain likes to push things out. It doesn't need What is your favorite city to go on runs in? This is corn Wisconsin, favorite city ever.
Speaker 1: We're just in California, and I think California in general, southern California always has perfect weather. But I feel like my favorite city is New York City.
Speaker 3: Running in Central Park, Oh, that's probably that's probably hard to beat.
Speaker 1: I think that's hard to beat because you can go in a random Wednesday Tuesday on the weekend, and running in Central Park always feels like you're in a race because there's so many people there running at all different types of levels. It feels like you're running in a marathon when you're there, because everybody around you is just just looks so elite and just the environment of being in a park. Then you're surrounded by huge buildings and then you kind of forget that too because you're just kind of walking till you get there, and then Bam, there's the park and it goes on for a long time. I've done like the whole circuit there, and I think that's just my favorite city to run in. And it's also colder, so you don't.
Speaker 2: Get as hot even in the summertime.
Speaker 1: Even in the summertime, it's not bad.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 3: Well, Danielle on that she would like to know the furthest you have ever ran.
Speaker 1: Furdest I've ever ran was twenty seven point two miles. That was whenever I did my first marathon here in Nashville.
Speaker 2: That's so wild, And.
Speaker 1: It's because whenever I was going where it split from where people finished the half marathon to continue on to the full marathon, I missed and went on the wrong gate, so I had to do like a mile loop to go back around to get into the regular course.
Speaker 2: No, so you did an extra cause what is a marathon?
Speaker 1: Twenty six point two? So I did an extra mile because I had to go out of my way, come back around, get back on course.
Speaker 2: Were you like I could just walk here, it doesn't count.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was so I crossed the finish line like I went so in the wrong direction that I crossed the finish line people were congratulating me, and I was like, no, no, like I need to continue, Like how do I get back there? And it was so hard to get back there that it adds in a mile and that, Yeah, that crushed me so much. So other the next time I did it, I thought I was doing it again. I thought I missed my turn because I was like, I don't recognize these people anymore, and I think I'm going in the wrong direction again. But luckily I didn't do it a second time.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, if you do it a second time, that is some interesting kind of lucks to do it twice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's like sometimes you don't. You're so in the moment in the zone, you're not paying attention to the signs of when it splits off, and then you'll go the wrong way and you'll end up where you're not supposed to be. So I learned the hard way. That's fordst I've ever ran.
Speaker 2: Are you ever gonna try and beat that length?
Speaker 1: No? I don't think I can. I think you could because running a marathon, it's not so much the whole twenty six point two that's tough. Once I get to twenty that's when I feel like the real race starts. That's when it starts to become a mental game. Like I can do twenty. It's weird to say that I could do twenty, no problem, But that's easy. It's those last six miles that you're like, oh my gosh, this is terrible.
Speaker 3: No, it's definitely interesting, Mike, that you can just sit here and say casually, twenty miles, it's no big deal.
Speaker 2: I don't think a lot of people can say that.
Speaker 1: But I guess maybe if I walk, because I don't, I don't stop ever, so maybe if I walked, took like a little break, and then continued, I could go further. But I don't really have an interest in going further than that.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, We never know.
Speaker 3: There could come a competition one day where it's like one hundred miles and you'd probably like.
Speaker 1: You know, I've seen like a fifty mile or one like race, and it just seems like a lot of doing what you just did again.
Speaker 2: That is true. That is true. All right, this is our last one.
Speaker 3: Hannah from Idaho had emailed me because she really wanted to talk about this one since we are both I'm vegetarian, you're vegan.
Speaker 2: And she wants to know how we would handle this situation.
Speaker 3: So you go to a restaurant and you order a breakfast skillet that typically comes with meat. You ask for no meat, but it still comes out with meat. Do you eat around it or send it back?
Speaker 2: And the service is known for being ridiculously slow.
Speaker 1: Ooh dang, that's tough. If they're going to be slow. Sometimes I don't really like sending stuff back just because I'm worried what would happen to it. In that case, I think I would probably eat around it or not eat it all.
Speaker 2: Really, you just starved because.
Speaker 1: It's happened to me before. And most times, like, if I can't easily pick it out, I'll ask for a new one.
Speaker 3: I feel like meat is hard to pick out because not only that, the flavoring of the meat gets on everything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it depends what level of meat it is. Like, if it was just chicken, I could probably pick that out and not worry about it. But meat, like, yeah, that's going to make everything else taste like meat.
Speaker 3: I can't tell you how many times I've been in the drive through at Taco Bell to get the veggie Mexican pizza and they always end up making it. This was before they had a designated veggie Mexican pizza, and I was the one who's going to be like.
Speaker 2: Hey, just make it beans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I would every time i'd have to check the Mexican pizza because almost every time it would have beef in it, and thankfully, like I know what it would look like, the texture was different, and every time I'd loop back around, like give me the actual Mexican piza I can eat, because I can't even eat that.
Speaker 2: So I would send it back every time.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I'm necessarily as worried in these scenarios because I'm.
Speaker 2: Really kind about it.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, hey, i'd ask for this without me any chance we can make this work, because it's one of those things that it's not one, it's not worth me getting sick even just having the flavoring of anything in it. And two I'm like, I'm gonna have to pay for that if I don't say anything, yeah, And so I'm gonna pay for it not eat and like sit here and be crappy because I'm hungry.
Speaker 2: Like the process of those is not good for anybody.
Speaker 3: So I think almost every time I send it back unless to Mike's point, like I can really, I can move it out, no issue. If it's just separated on a plate and it just happens to be there, no big deal. But if it's in the food that I'm eating, I'm probably sending it back.
Speaker 1: The one that usually happens to me is they add cheese when I say no cheese, And usually cheese you can scrape it off because they'll like be right there on the tob or it's like one you can pick out like that I can usually get away with.
Speaker 2: But what about like shredded cheese in a dish.
Speaker 1: If it's not melted, you can that dumps out pretty easy, Okay, But if it's melted, yeah, I'll probably ask her another one.
Speaker 3: Dang, Mike, Mix's a lot nice and I'm like, just send it back.
Speaker 2: Let's go around to.
Speaker 3: All right, Mike, thanks for joining me. Tell people where they can find you and hear you all I get stuff.
Speaker 1: You can listen to my podcast Movie Mike's Movie Podcast, new episodes every single Monday, and you can follow me on everything at Mike Distro.
Speaker 3: And you can check out my new podcast Take This Personally. Anywhere you listen to your podcast and you can follow me at.
Speaker 2: Well Girl Morgan. You can also follow the show at Bobby Bone Show. There's lots of content up.
Speaker 3: There every week, not even just the bits that I talk about here on Best Bits, but there's more up there from there.
Speaker 2: Mike's Think, Mike's Mike, We're.
Speaker 1: Going to go to jury mis Morgan Monday Podcast, Monday Podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's lots of moneys happening in a little all right. Well, thanks for joining me, Mike. I hope you have a go weekend.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms. Show and followed web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.