Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: This might be the best crowd that we've had this week.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, certainly, top three, Top three, no doubt, Top three, no doubt. It's a meat Friday. And walked in, I saw the Rectec grills. They were lined up. They're fired up, literally fired up. So let you know what our meat Friday menu is. Spiced maple bacon candy. I'm not quite sure what this is, Paul, can you do some research? Yeah, of course, plice maple bacon cans.
Speaker 4: So they take strips of bacon and kind of smoke and char them and they slatter them with maple syrup.
Speaker 2: And that's the entire expl slather it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, Porterhouse steaks with garlic tallow that's a bougie butter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like they render beef fat. But tallo sends sounds a lot nicer.
Speaker 2: Okay. Peach glazed grilled bone in port Chumps.
Speaker 4: Peaches are found on trees.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you. Smoked wagu brisket.
Speaker 5: That's waggo means expensive beef.
Speaker 2: Is that what it is?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: The official definition all Meet this week provided by Heartland State Co. Who has it better than we do. No, no, nobody. All right. Our stat of the day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick. So for some reason I've been caught up on this. That Judarian Price, who was drafted by Seattle at the end of the first round. I don't think he had any career starts at Notre Dame, and I was wondering, have we had a first round pick without any career starts? Antonio Cramarti may have started one game at Florida State, he missed his junior year with a knee injury before being a first round pick in two thousand and six. But I'm talking about players who didn't start in their college career. Lucas van Ness, taken thirteenth overall by the Packers in the twenty twenty three draft, didn't start a game in two seasons at Iowa, and UH Josh Jacob's three career starts at Alabama first round draft picks. All right, pull question from the first hour. Dylan and Uh. By the way, our starting lineupa our fab ish five. Uh. The Minister of Humor, Fritzie. We have Dylan, we have Paulie. We have Marv and Fritzie has a rhyme time coming up a little bit later on. Didn't go well in the first hour, as he was trying to get some momentum from the prest that it didn't.
Speaker 7: Go well, Just so you didn't know, no one's really helping, you know, support the cause a little bit.
Speaker 2: It was his statement on a question.
Speaker 5: I thought they were kind of fun. Hopefully they'll get better. I did.
Speaker 7: I wrote thirteen of them, the first three.
Speaker 5: I guess about just how about it?
Speaker 2: Just asked the audience what they thought of rhyme time in the first to get some supported I'm just gonna ask them, what did you think of rimetime in the first hour?
Speaker 5: That about says it.
Speaker 2: Do you want to try to get us one more rhyme time?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: There will be a big payoff in the final hour of the program. And the audience does like rhyme time. I think they kind of feel sorry for you.
Speaker 7: I prefer them if they could like me and they don't like rhymes.
Speaker 5: I could live with that a lot better than.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so give us another rhyme time, explain it, and then we'll we'll move on.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm gonna give you two clues and the answer those two words rhyme and the answer like we did. Particular Pigskinhead was choosy Nardozi, which everybody seemed to love so much. Okay, here we go, police stargel, police stargel.
Speaker 5: Yes, cops, pops. There you go, cops and pops. That's fun. That's fun. I don't know why people want to have fun on a Friday, and I need.
Speaker 2: Product pandering to the pirate fans here. Okay, that's all right.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of go ahead.
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 2: One more, one more and that ship for.
Speaker 5: The rest of the show.
Speaker 2: I have no one more for this.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 7: Fourth and long decision Mel, Fourth and long decision Mel so something no.
Speaker 5: Mel like cowboy hat last night? Fourth and launch punts.
Speaker 2: Blood okay, yeah and Mel, Yeah, punts blood. I think. Yeah, I don't know what I think you're. You're maybe a Bronx cheer that yeah, I don't know if they really you know, I got said.
Speaker 5: To them, and I don't want to be crying all the way flying back to Connecticut.
Speaker 2: Uh Ty Simpson got drafted and I mentioned that Sean McVay did not look comfortable at all after he met with the media to explain that draft pick. You know, sometimes when you're close to a fire, like you back up a little bit. And it felt like Sean McVay sitting next to Les Sneid, the GM who made the pick, and it felt like Sean was leaning away as if to say, I didn't make this pick. He made this pick. Here is the Rams head coach on the drafting of ty Simpson.
Speaker 5: And there was a lot of.
Speaker 8: Players that we liked, you know, but when.
Speaker 9: You do look at it, I think the thing you liked about the body of work is no. Let's make one thing clear. This is Matthew team, and you get a chance to be able to address you know, the backup quarterback.
Speaker 10: You know, we've got stets in.
Speaker 9: We've talked about the importance of Jimmy, so to be able to add somebody that you can evaluate a body of work where he was asked to play the position and a lot of things that do translate in terms of concepts, reading with his feet, some of the different things in the drop back, in the play action game, the movement game. So there's a lot of things that Coach Grubb did that's very similar to kind of how we operate, So it made it an easier evaluation to be able to kind of say, all right, what would that look like if he did translate it to our level.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a word salad there. It's nice to know the system he ran in college, he'll be running with the Rams. Best case scenario is he doesn't play this year because if he plays, then something happened to Matthew Stafford. But that's what I think Sean McVay is looking at this short term, because I still feel like his window might be a couple of years, maybe another Super Bowl run and then go relax and do TV for a couple of years. Les Snead is the GM felt like he's saying, Hey, I'm going to be around here, probably longer than you. And this might be a Jordan Love situation where three years down the road, I'm still here, but the head coach won't be here.
Speaker 4: Yes, Pauli, But if you're a Rams fan, you may look at this and say, this is not a smart pick. Now, they don't usually pick in the top fifteen, not in the recent history, and they're not going to pick in the top fifteen next year and probably the year after because they're so good, and because they're so good right now, they have a little bit of luxury to set up the quarterback of the future. So it's frustrating last night, but could be great in two years.
Speaker 2: But could you have gotten him lower later in the first round. That's what I want to know. And Tom Pevelsero of NFL Network will join us coming up here in a little bit, because that's what I thought, that's what it felt like, that he's going to be there. My source, who's a scout, said I don't have a first round pick, but that doesn't mean he's not going to be a first round pick.
Speaker 11: Yes, Dylan, all the mock drafts had him like very end of the first round or second round, So unless they got kind of an inkling that maybe someone was gonna try and take him like it took him early.
Speaker 2: Well, as soon as I saw him in the green room, I go, he's going in first round. Because they don't like you to sit there. You know, we had Aaron Rodgers do that, Brady Quinn do that where you're just kind of sitting there. They don't want that anymore. Those live on forever, they do, They don't they don't want cameras on you where you're sitting there and all of a sudden, it's awkward. Where was it? Ceed Lamb's girlfriend was trying to get into his phone.
Speaker 5: Oh oh the second phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah from our phone, Yeah, the bad phone. But yeah, watching last night and I saw ty Simpson and then even when the Mothership went to him and they're like, well, you know, Rams are on the clock, and they went to ty Simpson and being I'll be damn, ty Simpson's going to the Rams, you know, why else show him in a situation like them. Also, keep this in mind, Jeremiah Love gets the most guaranteed money in NFL history for a running back. He hadn't even taken a snap. He gets fifty million. Now the Cards have Trade McBride, who's a great tight end, Marvin Harrison Junior still waiting for him to evolve, and this will set up nicely for their future quarterback. When the Cardinals drafted Jeremiah Love, I immediately thought of Tyler Algier and you go, why, Well, he had a thousand yard season as a rookie in Atlanta. What's Atlanta? Do they draft Bjon Robinson? So then he goes to Arizona this offseason, and then they select Jeremiah up so don't know where his next team is going to be, but chances are they're probably going to draft a really good running back. And then the Cowboys trade with the Eagles. Should you ever trade with your rival when they have a shot to add to one of their bigger needs? Now, the Eagles got Devonte Smith in a trade with the Cowboys. In twenty twenty one. You got the rumors about AJ Brown. I think we're all on the same page that by June first, he'll be a Patriot. The Eagles traded up to twenty overall from Dallas and took mackay Lemon out of USC Philadelphia traded picks twenty three, one fourteen, and one thirty seven, so there were some movement there. It was a far more entertaining draft, I think than people thought. I think the atmosphere added to that. But then you start to look at draft strategy. Kansas City going up because they lost their defensive backs and Monsieur Delanne might have been the best dressed guy on the night and they went up and got him, and I'm like, wow, that one surprised me because I thought this might be a draft where we don't have somebody from the SEC drafted in the first ten picks, but they went up and got him LSU defensive back. Yes, Marph, this.
Speaker 8: Is more so for me and Pauli. I'm not sure if I like Carnel tates like tank top unneath the blazer.
Speaker 5: Did you like that it was a tank top? Yeah, it felt like leaves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 8: Maybe me and Pauli paid much at tention.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't do the fashion Paulie does, but Paulie does that to us. Like I wore a coat that I hadn't worn in two years, Paulie goes, new coat.
Speaker 4: I go, no, I checked my records and it had been in the rotation.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then he's like new watch and I go, no, I just haven't. I haven't brought it out in a while.
Speaker 8: Coming back from Christmas break, got on new sniggers, new kicks.
Speaker 2: Now when I need a corduroy intervention, everybody knows that. But Paulie would be like new chords, and I'll go yeah, Facebook, Facebook is dangerous, man.
Speaker 11: Your age on those chords is getting thicker and thicker.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, but my wife, my wife said we have we have to have an intervention. I said, no, The intervention is for you to get quarter Royce Hunt. Yes, Pauli, your chords were like angel hair.
Speaker 4: Now they're like Linguini.
Speaker 2: They're getting thicker every day.
Speaker 12: The Bucatini chords.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Bukatine.
Speaker 4: And I will say on draft night, though, you want to look clean and smooth and a look that won't be made fun of five years from now, sunny styles. That guy was jacked and had a perfect suit on and just so clean and simple.
Speaker 2: A couple of those linemen had the specially designed sport coats. There suits there, some big du some big big dude. Taylor, Yes, absolutely. What other poll questions do we have, Dian.
Speaker 5: Well, we can go with the Ty Simpson one.
Speaker 11: Okay, which what are your thoughts on the move? I like it, I don't like it?
Speaker 2: Or just got to wait and see? How about this who has a better career Ty Simpson or Fernando Mendoza out. I like that because I made the argument. Well, I didn't need to make the argument with Lewis Riddick. He said, hey, I could see that happening, that Ty Simpson is in a better situation with the Rams, Sean McVay, the weapons that they have, they're the Super Bowl favorites. Mendoza going to take a couple of years probably before you start to see just how good he's going to be. But Ty Simpson's not going to play, at least for this year. I thought the Rams were trying to bring Jimmy Garoppolo back, and that's what confused me with the Ty Simpson. And didn't they have a Georgia quarterback? Was Gunner Stocked down them? Stetson Bennett Gunnar Stocked. It is almost the same name now, and if they both walked in, I I wouldn't be able to tell the difference, like, uh, Gunner No. But I thought they had a Georgia quarterback on the roster there, and then they were going to bring back Jimmy Garoppolo. Sean McVay was like, we're still trying to bring Jimmy back, and then they went out and got Ty Simpson. Yes, Dylan, I mean I.
Speaker 11: Feel like, not that long ago, it was basically a foregone conclusion that McVeigh was retiring, well.
Speaker 2: Not retiring but going into TV. Well, he were retiring for coaching. He had a down year and I think people you know he was Mike Tomlin. Before Mike Tomlin, It's like, oh, we got to go get that guy, and he would have a lot of suitors. I think now, I don't know anything. I don't have any inside information, but I my thought is Sean McVay will leave coaching when there's a vacancy at Fox, stay in LA not go to New York, Connecticut for NBC New York for CBS. You can do Fox and you can stay in Los Angeles. That would be my thought. If Sean's going to do when he does TV, it'd probably be with Fox eight seven to seven to three. DP Show email address DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle the DP Show. Good morning if you're watching on Peacock our streaming partner John in North Carolina. John, thanks for holding what's on your mind today?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got a question for the dan nets. Last night in the draft and it seems it seems it's everywhere. Guy hits a walk off home run, first thing out of his mouth at home plate, let's go.
Speaker 2: Last night, Kobe.
Speaker 3: Gets drafted by the Dallas Cowboys, sitting on the couch with the family, First thing out of his mouth, Let's go. My question for the dants do you know where let's go originated from?
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask you this first. Do you know, John?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, John's a note all big brain John here? Yes, Paula, Do you.
Speaker 4: Mean like in the history of the Earth, the first person to say let's go?
Speaker 2: Why do you don't think a caveman was dragging his wife out of the cave going, come on, let's go.
Speaker 5: There's a t rex here, let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's go, let's go, Let's effing go. If there's a t rex here, Okay, John, where is let's go?
Speaker 3: It actually comes from sports, and it was notably in the nineteen seventies in West Virginia University they started chancing let's go. However, it became very popular with society between twenty eighteen and twenty twenty when a character on Big Brother Corey coined let's go. Since then, it's used everywhere. Mike Trout pulls his rookie card with his son, first thing out of his mouth let's go. So my question to these guys are is do you guys use the term let's go? And Fritz I think you're your rhyming thing. It's definitely not let's go.
Speaker 5: Oh he got a shot.
Speaker 2: He all right, let's blow. Uh, well thanks John Paula, you're calling you're throwing the BS flag on John in North Carolina.
Speaker 4: I don't think anyone in our recent generation just said the phrase let's.
Speaker 2: Go, and I think they invented it. Well. Tom Brady had let e fing go. Yeah, lefg. He would come out, uh pregame and yell a run down to the end zone.
Speaker 8: Yes, Mark, So everyone's getting let's go from some guy on Big Brother?
Speaker 5: Does anyone watch that? Yeah? Who watches Big Brother? And it was twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: John in North Carolina got a lot of free time.
Speaker 8: I'd rather listen to the guy to Seattle Deck called the other day.
Speaker 2: Oh is that Carl and Seattle? Yes, called couldn't land the plane? Yes, Ton.
Speaker 7: If you think about it, doesn't really make much sense because it's a contraction, So let's go.
Speaker 5: It's like let us go, like they're.
Speaker 7: Trying to be freed from something. What does that got to do with one of your team to do something?
Speaker 5: Well, it's kind of silly let us go.
Speaker 7: If you say it like that, you're like, why would that be a way to get your team wild up.
Speaker 2: Yes, boy.
Speaker 4: I found some details from the history of Let's Go. It was used in US Navy recruiting posters in nineteen forty two and in Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors, which is way back when the phrase let's go hand in hand, so let's go as old school.
Speaker 11: So he was just completely wrong, complete wrong, Yeah, John, John John, Let's go?
Speaker 2: Oh you hung up? Okay, he admitted defeat there, all right, thank you. Paul Shakespeare gets credit for way too much. Yeah, but I think Shakespeare was a group of writers writing under the name, just saying yeah, you say it was. I am an insider and un literature.
Speaker 8: Like his brother John Shakespeare was like, what about me? Yeah, okay, I hear that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but you say it now he's got no chance to respond.
Speaker 2: I know, Billy Shakespeare took credit for a whole lot of things there. I think it was a group of writers just letting you know. I read the book who wrote Shakespeare and they give you all these conspiracy are you really? Yeah, well there weren't any pictures in that book. Just to let you know, how about we take a break here. Tom Pelasaro is going to answer all of our great questions that we're going to have as soon as we come up with those great questions, We're back after this on The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio w app.
Speaker 2: Sotig outs here.
Speaker 13: I have a podcast empire. It continues to grow, and I have brought it here to iHeart. I'm also doing a live radio show from three to five pm Eastern because.
Speaker 2: My wife wanted to kick me out of the house.
Speaker 13: It's called Stegodzi Company Live, which is available on podcast form right when the show finishes every single day. Some of the biggest names in sports, a lot of phone.
Speaker 3: Calls I love you guys show It's one of my favorites.
Speaker 13: A lot of interact shit, guys not taking themselves too seriously. Those are just some of the things that you can expect from Stu Gottson Company and Steve Gotson Company Live. So listen to ste gods and Company Live and our original podcast. Please subscribe, rate and review Stu Gotson Company and God Bless Football. Taylor's livelihood depends on it.
Speaker 2: You do it today and you can.
Speaker 13: Check all of those out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: I think this crowd just went from the draft, stayed up all night, and came in here. They're ready to go well. Broadcasting live from the Distillery Complex in Pittsburgh all week long with the rooftop views, great food, cocktails, great cigar lounges that I took advantage joh the last three nights. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards for the Dan Patrick Show. Paula, you look puzzled.
Speaker 4: You mentioned something in the break. We've been in Pittsburgh a few days. You think that Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh fans may lead the league in merchandise sales.
Speaker 2: I am amazed at the amount of merchandise that everybody seems to have. And it feels like old school when you when you look at tradition. You can go back to the Steel curtain. You can have you know, Franco, you can have you know, my Terry Bradshaw jersey I have behind me. But then you get modern day as well. But it feels like when you see people on the street. Now I know it's the draft here. If you don't have something on Steeler related, I'm surprised. Yes, Marmon, I saw Plasical Burr's jersey.
Speaker 5: I was like, whoa man? You are?
Speaker 1: Die hard?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: All right? Yes, yes, uh Dylan.
Speaker 11: There's someone in this city getting surgery today by a guy wearing a Steelers jersey.
Speaker 2: You think so? How would you feel though if you showed up now your dentist could have that, and that'd be kind of fun. But let's say you're going in for some kind of surgery and all of a sudden, you know the scrubs do they make like Steeler scrubs here? They do? Of course they do, Yes, yes, of course they do. Years probably, yes, the nurses probably have Steeler Steeler gears. Yes, Ton, I.
Speaker 5: Don't think i'd like that. This guy's about to open me up, and I guess I want him to be wearing like the medical doctor stuff.
Speaker 12: There's a time and a place where you can go to the game.
Speaker 3: You can wear the jersey.
Speaker 2: Why are you a buzzkill?
Speaker 5: Is that a bus kill? I think they will.
Speaker 7: You went to the operating room and someone's got a Steve for Nest Jersey's like, what are you doing.
Speaker 8: You're about to.
Speaker 2: Okay, resecting my intestines with that thing?
Speaker 5: Got what are you doing?
Speaker 2: If somebody came in with the John L.
Speaker 5: Wade jersey even that, I'm like, this guy, does this guy take himself? Seriously? This this guy's going to be operating on me. What is he wearing? Like broccoli? What a Myle High Stadium? When the third floor of the medical center.
Speaker 4: I guess, Paul, these fans love their players so much. You could walk in for a search and it's Palamalo doing you. I that's fine, knows what he's doing.
Speaker 2: He'll figure it out. Figure it out.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Tom Pelisaro, NFL Network insider and part of the coverage. It's Day two starts tonight. It's seven Eastern with rounds two and three. We make way for the NFL Network Insider Tom Pelasero at lolog at the hair, look at the suit, the socks. I mean, you got it all going on. And the thing is, is you get out of bed looking like this? You sleep in that, don't you?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 12: The lacker sometimes does stay in. I gotta kind of sweat it out over the course of the day.
Speaker 2: Well, it's great to have you. Where do you want to start.
Speaker 12: I mean last night, I think the story of the night's Simpson at thirteen, which surprised plenty of people, but not the people who knew the dynamics that were taking place over the last several months. This was Less Sneed's guy. He was absolutely committed to Ty Simpson. There were a lot of conversations that going all the way back to December when Ty Simpson was deciding whether to come out or take six point five million dollars to transfer to Miami. One of the people that Ty's dad, Jason Simpsons is the head coach at UT Martin leaned on was Less Snead and Less at one point when they were all out in LA for the Rose Bowl and mom and dad are still trying to figure it out and give him advice and why should Ty come out? And Less said in essence, I'm going to take Hi at number thirteen. There's still a whole process they went through over the next several months here, but the tape, what they saw, the way that he functioned, an offense that bears a lot of similarities to what they do in LA. He wanted to solidify that position for years to come, which doesn't happen very often when you got the raining NFL MVP on your roster.
Speaker 2: Okay, but the GM is all in. The coach didn't sound all in here, Tom.
Speaker 12: I don't think that any coach with a team that was as close as the Rams were last year is big on drafting a player who, in the absolute best case, doesn't play a snap this season. That goes for virtually any coach. I mean, I go back through everybody points to Green Bay. But it's true. Brett Farve wasn't real thrilled about Aaron Rodgers being drafted. Aaron Rodgers wasn't real thrilled about Jordan Love being drafted. And when you're in those windows, the coaches naturally are going, Okay, that's great. We solidified it.
Speaker 5: I got to win.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 12: Every year, if you don't win, you could be fired. You could have you know, the team could go completely sideways, the plan could change. You know, Matthew's never to be the guy this year. Ty Simpson's in the absolute best case scenario for him going into that style of offense where he doesn't have to play, He gets time to develop physically, he gets to learn from one of the best to ever do it. But in terms of Sean McVay, that's one less player you've got to help you win right now, barring some type of an injury that could thrust Ty Simpson into action sooner than expect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I talked to Lewis Riddick. This felt like less need is going to be there longer than Sean McVay. I want to make sure that I have my quarterback of the future, not Sean McVay.
Speaker 12: I mean less has been there. Less was the GM in Saint Louis. He's been with the Rams for a long period of time here. But no, absolutely, I mean Stafford's ad a point in his career. He's thirty, he's been year to year. Was anybody going up like you drafted him? It can be the right guy. I thought it was the wrong time, and I think that there's some fairness to that. You know, when I was mapping it out, I put Ty Simpson at thirteen to the Rams because I knew the dynamics and I thought, one way or another, they're going to get him. But I also thought they'd probably be able to maneuver around the board, maybe trade back, get another pick. Now you're addressing both, right, You're addressing the future as well as getting somebody that can help you now. But the thing is with a quarterback, and I would always say this, if you believe this guy's a franchise guy, don't worry about the slot. Don't mess it up, even if you're wrong in the aggregate. It's like, well, we could have had that quarterback, but I didn't want to give up that fourth round pick. No, it's a quarterback, Like, go get the guy lesson he believed it, believes in ty Simpson is such a great degree. Yeah, he envisions him being the quarterback for years to come. But that's not to say this is Stafford's final year, that it's out or mcveigh's not going to be around. It's more so this was the right guy that they felt like for what they do in a college football environment where it's skewed so far toward even for Fernando Mendoza toward it's shotgun, it's RPO, it's college style offense Alabama. You know, the Rams started over sixty snaps last season where ty Simpson turns his back to the line of scrimmage on play action. That's like a fundamental in the mcveigh's scheme that might be more than that other top ten quarterbacks combined to college football. You see it make NFL throws, NFL reads, We'll see. I mean he's got a you know, the concerns on him, where the durability, the size, you know, six' one playing around two hundred, pounds and then the guy only had fifteen. Starts he's going to have time IN, la which is what it.
Speaker 2: Needs, OKAY i went you on record who has a better, Career Ty simpson Or Fernando.
Speaker 12: MENDOZA i mean it's hard because you would say the tape would tell you so far It's Fernando, mendoza just in terms of the, volume how the arrow was pointing up on, him this. Situation but this, situation you, Know fernando's got a huge. Transition let's start there going Into Klint kubiak's, offense which is a lot Like sean mcvay's. Offense So, fernando he's got to learn a ton and you know the. Pressures Kirk cousins is, There he's going to be the. Starter he may be the starter for the whole, season but you know the moment That kirk throws an interception where they have a down, game you know where the questions, are, like no one's sitting, there going we got a Bench Matthew stafford and Put Ty simpson in because The rams start oh at, two that's not going to. HAPPEN i think that the, Environmentally Ty simpson is in the best place to. Succeed but in terms of what you, have in terms of the evidence so, far AND i don't, Listen i'm not breaking down. Tape i'm talking to coaches and scouts and executives all across THE. Nfl there's a lot to like With Fernando. Mendoza he wouldn't have been the number one pick in another. Draft he wouldn't have gone Above Caleb williams Or Jaden, daniels but he still would be a first round pick in any. DRAFT i don't know That Ty simpson would have been a first round pick in any draft if less seeds. Picking, probably but he's not somebody who was graded widely across the league as a first round or people had him in the second or third. Round in this draft where there's not that many first round grades to begin, with and it's a quarter, back you go and get the. Guy there's just it's much more. Projection one guy's. Developmental the other one In Fernando mendoza's a guy who you knew who he's going to.
Speaker 2: Be help me understand. This it's the most important position in all of, sports and we had one legitimate quarterback in this.
Speaker 12: Draft they're getting paid more to play college. Football For Ty, simpson if he had taken The miami offer at six point five, million and this is part of him decided whether to come, out six point five million to play At miami is more than the signing bonus that the first pick in round two will get this. Year that's the difference right. Now if you look at the number of players who had another, YEAR i mean before, Nil Dante moore From oregon would have come out and he would have Challenged Fernando mendoza to be the number one. Pick Brendon soresby From cincinnati now transferred To Texas. TECH i don't know that he Challenges, mendoza but he's a first round pick probably in that draft. Too next year you're going to have, potentially you, Know Arch manning could be in that, Draft hoover who just Transferred. Indiana there's there's eight or nine. Quarterbacks if you talk to people who all could be first. Rounders, now there were times where we Thought Carson beck was a first rounder And drew at And Garrett, nutsmayer and we're going to be wondering about those guys when they go, today and in some cases if they even go today in the. Dress so things can. Change but if you're projecting it, out that's the biggest fact is that the best players are now getting paid to play a, fourth, fifth, sixth in some cases seventh college season instead of going into THE, nfl where if you go On day three in THE, nfl you're getting a fraction of what.
Speaker 2: You'd make in.
Speaker 12: Call you're going to make more for one year of college. Football if you're a day three, quarterback then you would you know in your entire four Year rockie.
Speaker 2: Kids, Well Trinid Dad shambleiss like another one was he was fighting legally to go back to. College it's amazing to stay in. College usually they're fighting to get out of. College now he's fighting to go back To Old.
Speaker 12: Miss The tennessee quarterback suit as well last year obviously. POBVIOUS i mean the number of, lawsuits that's an entirely different, discussion but it's the, truth which is guys want to you, know keep coming back to multip players last year who are like twenty five years old and they're suing for additional. Eligibility, like my head, Explodes i'm writing up the. Quarterbacks i'm, like so he played two years At juco and then played here for two. Years now he's here for two years and he's suing for a seventh. Year what are we? Doing but it's because you can make. MONEY i can't blame.
Speaker 2: Him Tom, PELSARO Nfl network In Cider day two coming up tonight starting at Seven. Eastern who had a great night last? Night team?
Speaker 10: WAS i?
Speaker 12: MEAN i started with The, jets the fact that they got the best pass. RUSHER i, know there was the drama publicly and they weren't going to say whether it Was David bailey Or Rvel. Reese they knew it Was. Bailey and if you talk to ten people around THE, nfl nine or ten are going to say it's you have to Take David. Bailey he's the best pass rusher in the. Draft Arvo reese really talented, player but it's it's a.
Speaker 2: Projection but why do you actually use? Him handsole his?
Speaker 12: Visit they didn't need any more information on. HIM i, mean that's, it like a he's a clean. Player usually use visits if you got medical or character stuff that you. Need some teams philosophally do. It The, rams for, instance don't do any thirty, visits which is why when everyone's, like how Could sean McVeigh not have Met Ty Simpson Because seawn doesn't go to the combine and they don't do thirty. Visits he's not flying across And evian dinner with the. Guy but in terms of what The jets ended up, doing, Yeah David, bailey he just he was a clean. Prospect he was the obvious. Guy maybe on some level you're trying to keep it live the intrigue of, hey we might take the other, guy make us an, offer come up and get, him and then you can always claim when you trade, back well that was the guy we wanted, Anyway it Was David. Bailey it Was David bailey for a long. Time the fact then they Get Kenyan sadek And Omar Cooper, junior both in the first two guys who if the board falls, differently LIKE i, thought there were scenarios For sadik could have gone fourteen or. Fifteen they might have Taken Omar Cooper junior at, sixteen said they trade, back they got, him AND i think it was, thirty you, know for The jets needing to give a you, know an influx of talent on, offense build out those playmakers for whoever the quarterback is going to. Be and we'll see what they do in this. Draft you, know obviously next year they got three first round picks in twenty twenty seven as, well they're going to get the franchise, Quarterback, Breisall Garrett, Wilson Kenyan, Sadik Omar Cooper. Junior this is how you build the nest for that guy to.
Speaker 2: SUCCEED i was told this morning that there was a guy who met with the front office of the team and they couldn't understand why he was so angry and they wanted to draft him and they didn't draft. Him last. Night they they they couldn't understand like when you come in and everything's great when you meet with a. Team BUT i was told that this player just wasn't happy or like they didn't understand, it but they wanted to draft. Him have you heard stories like this that when you show up for your. Visit you screw up the visit by how you, are how you present.
Speaker 12: YOURSELF i, mean look no further Than Shador sanders going in the fifth round last. YEAR a big part of that was that people walked out of meetings just, going we DON'T i don't know that we can have this as the backup. Quarterback you, know in terms of those, interactions like every team uses them, differently in terms of like the formal visits of the combine or thirty visits or, whatever it is the biggest. Thing AND i Remember scout saying this to me one. Time is even while you encourage, players for, instance to work out at the, combine is, HEY i can explain a bad number better than an empty. Box the same goes to, character where IF i understand why in this case the player you're talking, about IF i can understand why you're angry and HOW i feel, LIKE i can come up with a plan to put a support system around. You not every player is going to be the. Same if you had fifty three of the same personality in your locker, room that team probably wouldn't be. Successful you need different, guys you need those. Dynamics but if you can't figure it. Out if a player lies to you about, something we, know hey there's something in your. Background you got arrested for, this and the player's, like, NO i. Didn't the team's, like yeah you. Did that's a huge red flag if you can't nail. Down just like, medical it's the same. Thing it's, like all, right why Is jermad McCoy still on the. Board he's a top ten talent in this draft The Tennessee, corner and it's because there's an unknown related to his Medical it's the same thing with character or, personality which is we can handle different. Personalities there's some guys who are gonna need a certain type of coaching. Style some guys respond to that people screaming in your. Face other guys need you to love them. Up but we can't get underneath to the root of what the issue is so that we can come up with a plan that there's guys who get you, know if not removed from, boards but lowered on boards all the.
Speaker 2: Time for that Is Mike rabel a football.
Speaker 12: Story Mike rabel is a cultural. Phenomenon at this. Point you can turn On Good Morning america and see stories about. It you can open The New York post or don't open a look at the back page twice a week and you see stories from a football, PERSPECTIVE i would say, this the fact that he's not there On day three of the draft does. Matter we can laugh about day three of the. Draft you know what happens on day three of the. Draft teams are recruiting undrafted free. Agents who is a better recruiter in THE nfl to come have you play Than Mike? Rabel And i'm not, gonna you, know try to speculate on what the, therapy the or the session that he's doing with his family this weekend. ENTAILS i guarantee it doesn't involve make it a twenty minute call to a kid FROM Ut chattanooga to get convinced them to take a fifteen thousand dollars. Bonus so in that regard as a football story and the fact that he had to address it with his, team it's it's an uncomfortable situation for somebody who preaches all the time about make good decisions on and off the. Field the fact That Mike, rabel multiple times in the weekly and up to the, draft had to get in front of his, team get in front of his owner get in front of the media and SAY i didn't live up to my. Standard that does create a football, story albeit one THAT i think even though we continue to have sort of a drip drip of information that continues to leak out by the time we get To, SEPTEMBER i don't believe that it's going to be at the forefront of many people's.
Speaker 7: Mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah the only THING i was concerned, about football, wise is is he loose with? Information giving out information two.
Speaker 12: Reporters there's different people within THE nfl who are loose with information for a variety of different. REASONS i would say that this is obviously a unique.
Speaker 5: Situation.
Speaker 2: Dan you haven't been in a situation like, this, though.
Speaker 12: HAVEN'T i, mean if somebody took a photo of me holding hands With Andy reid on a, ROOF i think he'd have a. Problem i'm Pretty i'm pretty.
Speaker 2: Sure ply bring up the. Photo, yeah there it, Is, yeah, Exactly you And? Andy Uh, no you're. Busy thank you for joining us. Here, tom always great to talk to. You, Absolutely Tom PELLISERO nfl network.
Speaker 1: Insider Fox Sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in the. Nation catch all of our shows At Foxsports Radio dot com and within The iHeartRadio app SEARCH fsr to listen live.
Speaker 2: During the commercials if you're watching On peacock OR Nbc Sports. Network we played a Clip fritzy's singing to the Late Glenn fry from The. Eagles he died like six months.
Speaker 7: LATER i was very upsets accusations about.
Speaker 2: That, No i'm, Not i'm not connecting the. Two but he did, Cringe you're? Singing what were you? Singing you belonged to the ninth Of.
Speaker 5: Miami vent?
Speaker 2: You, NO i could be dying in six months after.
Speaker 7: That that was a really good song UNTIL i ruined it For Glenn.
Speaker 5: Fry he.
Speaker 7: Cringed had that on my playlist and once in a, while IF i get on the treadmill for fifteen, Minutes i'll have.
Speaker 2: That you're not on for fifteen. Minutes and you know.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 5: WELL i tend BUT i BUT i do a little.
Speaker 2: Incline, Okay paulie, said let's do rhyme. Time. NOW i. CAN'T i can't hold this audience. Off they want rhyme. Time we got. ALL i do have a question, though, okay you have a. QUESTION i see on the occasion.
Speaker 7: That i'll go to the Gym i'll see someone with like a big thing Of hawaiian punch while they're doing like one set of like you, know bicep.
Speaker 5: Quotes what is that?
Speaker 7: About like you can't be Drinking like awka, me, NO i. Stopped my wife, said like you're really gonna bring mountain dew instead of water to the.
Speaker 5: Gym she kind of put a.
Speaker 7: Bot but this guy had like this big thing of like iced tea or and then someone had literally had A hawaiian punch or something that looked like a topical fruit drink to work. Out then he's got these idiots now that's set up a tripod and they're filming themselves working. Out they're like making a.
Speaker 5: VIDEO i don't know what. That's, well have you seen?
Speaker 2: That you're cutting into rhyme?
Speaker 7: Time, sorry there are people that have Filled there are people filming themselves at the.
Speaker 5: GYM i don't know what that.
Speaker 4: Is, Yes, Well todd critiquing people at the gym is the ultimate. Irony he goes. Once he goes once like the. Cicadas once every seven. Years he goes to the. Gym he looks at, girls he does some, arms and.
Speaker 5: Leaves it's a social.
Speaker 2: Experience they could have like power. Drinks it's Not hawaiian, Punch, Todd, no.
Speaker 8: They look Like hawaiian.
Speaker 5: Punch, okay but that Was, yeah that's WHY i notice.
Speaker 7: Things instead of working, Out i'm like watching other. People so that's Why i'm not getting much out of.
Speaker 2: It it's cold, stalking that's what it.
Speaker 7: IS i did have somebody to the front desk called me into the parking lot and, say you, know whatever you're, doing like leave them alone while they're working.
Speaker 5: Out SOMETIMES i like to chat people up to be. Friendly i'm trying to pick anybody.
Speaker 7: Up i'm happily, mad But i'm, like, hey you, know you're really your traps are looking really?
Speaker 5: Nice is that? Freebee is that terrible to say?
Speaker 2: That is it a man or a?
Speaker 5: Woman sometimes it's a, man sometimes it's a.
Speaker 7: WOMAN i, Say i've noticed, That, like you, know whatever you're doing for the, triceps keep it.
Speaker 5: Up i'm just trying to be like the. Supportive next, thing you, know they want to take my card.
Speaker 7: Away he's, like you can't be saying these things to the people that work at the.
Speaker 2: Gym coming what happens to the work? Out oh, yeah he blew by.
Speaker 5: That you, say, like nice. ARBs i don't talk like. THAT i just say, like let's keep doing The pulley. THING i don't. KNOW i won't do that. Anymore, okay, well let me back in the. Gym, okay we're doing, this, yes rhyme.
Speaker 2: Time here we, go, MAN i can't.
Speaker 5: Wait, okay here we.
Speaker 7: Go Our Santa monica hang, out Local, Ace Our Santa monica hang, out Local, Ace.
Speaker 2: Big, Deans deans And.
Speaker 5: Skins we're just gonna keep keep it to one. Word that was, Fun, Okay deans And. Skins that's, something all.
Speaker 7: Right Chris simms injury angry seventy, Five Chris sims, Clean, green yepes clean and.
Speaker 5: Me And Joe.
Speaker 7: Green there we. Go now we're getting somewhere not, fair but to hold that that's the first.
Speaker 5: Part and they're, terrible.
Speaker 7: Foul all to not false super, skater not, false super skater true all got like four or five not lighter, cobra not lighter. Cobra if it's not, lighter it's Darker Parker. Park and of, course of course.
Speaker 2: You can say that score.
Speaker 5: Chuck, Score, chuck.
Speaker 7: No, No and we've got to think just three. More Japan official currency steeler signal Caller ja Big ben and Big ben Big, ben crisp tasting beer mullet, pen crisp tasting.
Speaker 6: Beer mullet pen like on the on the. ICE i think we Heard Logger yogurt yogur and the last one put you guys out of your. Misery skier Linn BEN pauli help.
Speaker 2: Me with this.
Speaker 7: One you could blame Him Skier Lindsey stalwart and Him Skier Lindsay stalworth and him Von.
Speaker 5: Swan, okay that's it at time.
Speaker 2: Time, yeah, man that was well worth the. Wait could you give us a little bit of Talking pittsburgh as?
Speaker 5: Well, OH i don't have the, Words.
Speaker 2: Okay todd came in this week and he, SAID i wrote a song about talking, baseball but it's it's to the words are a tribute to the city Of pitcher.
Speaker 5: Need like ten, SECONDS i need? Eight, OKAY i got.
Speaker 2: It, okay here we.
Speaker 5: Go we're Talking.
Speaker 10: Pittsburg nothing could be fine or Talking. Pittsburg mazarowski And Ralph, Kiner Bill, madlock Bru keys And Phil gonner. Too when he's standing In Omar marino knew what to, do Especially clemente.
Speaker 5: The cobra And. Pops that was like the first first. Last in other, WORDS i don't, Know i'm not.
Speaker 4: Suying, YES i like how it vacillates between talking and.
Speaker 2: Singing, YEAH i.
Speaker 5: Know Three rivers was the place to be in seventy.
Speaker 7: Nine we are family, there responds before the juice To.
Speaker 5: Covey they'd let loose seeking. Continue that's, It, yeah that's. Good one more, sacking bed, sacking, Right.
Speaker 2: Final, Hour friday is coming, up coming, Up Meet, Friday Last, hour The Final, Hour Final, Hour yellow and The batt'll be. It The Final hour coming. Up minister Of, Humor Fritzie, Dylan paulie Mar beyers truly