Speaker 1: This is the Rogue Recap with Linda McLaughlin. She's unfiltered, unforgiving, and understandably annoyed by everyone. Make sure you like and subscribe to a podcast and follow her on x at Rogue Recap.
Speaker 2: What's Up guys, Linda hear from Rogue Recap at Rogue Recap on x AT Lynda Mick. Make sure you like and subscribe and all the cool things you know. Make sure you keep on listening. I am doing my best to get these podcasts up here, and for those of you who are regular listeners, I want to just let you know that you know I'm producing, editing, finding all the clips. It's midnight on a Tuesday and that's when I'm recording, So I promise you. I want nothing more than to tell you how much everyone's pissing me off. But sometimes it's hard to get here at the end of a.
Speaker 3: Really long day.
Speaker 2: So having said that, let's talk about the dumbest person of today. Super special person is Governor Tim Walls of Minnesota.
Speaker 3: You might remember him.
Speaker 2: He tried to pretend to be vice president for like three seconds with Kamala Harris, which was truly the blind leading the blind in that campaign, so his appointed Director of Natural Resources, Sarah Strawman. They drained a lake after they accidentally left a valve open, and now it.
Speaker 3: Is a field of dead fish.
Speaker 2: She was just celebrated as the first woman to lead the Department of Natural Resources in Minnesota. You stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid woman. These are the people who are so concerned about the fact that they were born as a woman, and this deibs that they literally can't do their job. She drained a lake. She's the director of natural Resources. It's truly the antithesis of being good at your job. She's actually so bad at her job that she killed an entire lake of fish. So I think that we should celebrate her firing. I think she should go like five minutes ago, and whoever is the best person for the job maybe should get it back.
Speaker 3: And maybe we should.
Speaker 2: Stop hiring people because they're women, or they're black, or they're Asian, or they're Indian or they're whatever. I am so sick of that shit. It is so irritating to me. Why can't I like you and hate you just because of who you are as opposed to what you look like. What a crack of shit you don't mean people I know that I don't like, and it has nothing to do with the color of their skin. It has nothing to do with whether they're a man or a woman. It just means you're an asshole, that's all. It is a very simple thing. I mean, it's really gotten to a special place where it's like, oh, look, we all think alike and we can hang out and yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: Sure, birds of a feather, right.
Speaker 2: I think that that cliche exists for a reason without question. But sometimes there are definitely people in the group where you're like, bro, no, you're really dumb, like you're bringing down the average.
Speaker 3: You got to go. In this case, she's got to go.
Speaker 2: And you know what's funny is that I have no doubt in the coming days she'll have like a really good reason why this happened and it won't be her fault, which is even worse because you know, the sign of a good leader is somebody who can make a culpe of the moment, you know, for your team, like listen, the buck stops with me, all those sorts of things, and instead, now we've got a situation with this yo yo, where we're talking about how excited we are that she's a woman. Hi, if you're a woman, maybe you could learn how to put the cap back on, just saying, you know, simple things, little things, you know, just thinking out loud.
Speaker 3: And now we're.
Speaker 2: Upset that Trump is federalizing DC. Yeah, Trump is making the right decision. We are at a place right now where we have over a hundred one hundred deaths in DC already this month.
Speaker 3: Really, is that where we're at. That's what's going on. These people are insane.
Speaker 2: They think for one second that they have a right to somehow say that this isn't needed or is it necessary. People are afraid to go out of their houses. We've got carjackings, we've got extreme, extreme homelessness, we've got encampments. And let me tell you something, DC is not alone. This is happening all over the country, all over the world, and it all has one common theme. Do you know what the theme is, Well, there's probably two themes. There's this ridiculous, an incestuous amount of migration, all of it illegal, all of it from third world of countries and Islamic countries that could give a shit less about Western culture, and all of it is liberal leadership. Because you see liberal leadership has one thing on the agenda and one thing only power. They want power, They want to keep their power, and they want to make sure that they have you under thumb. The problem is they're so busy trying to keep their power that they're losing everything around them. When you burn everything around you, what do you have left to govern? I mean, honestly, I always say that to people when they say, oh, I can't believe that you're getting so upset.
Speaker 3: I can't believe that you're outraged by X, Y and Z.
Speaker 2: Well, how would you feel if it was your mother's son, child whatever. That's what I do whenever I'm trying to think of something and I'm trying to understand how someone else is feeling, or put myself in their shoes when someone is reacting or they're freaking out, that's when I have that moment and I say, you know what, I get it because if someone came over to my child, if someone came over to my husband, if someone came over to my mom and did any sort of I don't know, extremist behavior like shove them, try to rob them, slash them, whatever it is, nothing could stop me from taking care of that person. Myself with my bare hands. And that's another problem too. Number one, not enough people know how to defend themselves. Please take a self defense class. Go out, learn how to use a firearm and protect your home. Learn how to use your hands when you're out in public and you can't have your firearm if you don't have a concealed carry, or if you're somewhere where it's not allowed. And last, but not least, get off your damn cell phone. What are you looking at? Have you not spent enough time gazing down? Look at your neck? You have tech neck. It looks bad. Take a break, touch grass.
Speaker 3: Look up.
Speaker 2: This is a massive issue in our culture. There is nothing on that phone that is more important than your life. But I see it every day. See people on the subway looking down. They're not paying attention, and then they get shoved on the tracks. And you're like, I don't know how that happened.
Speaker 3: Oh really, I do.
Speaker 2: I'm looking around, I'm looking really close actually, and I'm watching people asleep.
Speaker 3: At the switch.
Speaker 2: This is the issue, and that's why Trump is saying it's not right. Number One, there's a ton of people dosing people and giving out the addresses of officials and senators and and radio and.
Speaker 3: TV hosts and all sorts of things.
Speaker 2: Right, So that's that's wrong, because you should be able to do your job and feel safe and all the things. But in addition to that, they're fire bombing their homes, They're fire bombing their cars, you know. There there they're shootouts all over the place. And these are young people. And for all of this bullshit about how we care about the minorities in this country, the amount of black kids that I saw that were killed in the DC metro area in the last I don't know, six months, it's frightening, and it's a really you know, there's there's this sort of.
Speaker 3: This underlying, this underlying issue.
Speaker 2: And I work on another show with some friends and it's all about reaching inner city youth and it's hosted by a bunch of really great guys and they work with you know, the police Athletic League and other groups like this. And one of the things that they always point out is, you know, we got these fatherless homes.
Speaker 3: We have these cycles of abuse of.
Speaker 2: The government as system programs, whether it's welfare, food stamps, housing, whatever it is, and they encourage you to have more kids more families, because the more kids you have, the bigger your family is, the bigger the space you need, the more stamps you need, the less time you have to work, obviously because youve got to take care of your kids. But you're not having you don't have a family structure. You're having kids because you're trying to dupe the system. It's just not a way of life that we should be supporting. And I really do appreciate now that President Trump is doing different things, like taking all of the funding away from groups and organizations that promote and fund things that have nothing to do with the American dream, have nothing to do with a government that wants to help its people when they're down on their luck. There's down on there's down on your luck, and then making your own luck. And there's a huge difference. And it's it's a long standing problem since you know, the seventies and the abuse of the system. And today you know, we're moving the homeless out of d C. And people are saying, I heard this one guy and he goes, where do you want us to go?
Speaker 3: And what do you want us to do?
Speaker 2: And I thought, you know what, it's a really interesting point because Muriel Bowser, who is.
Speaker 3: The mayor of DC.
Speaker 2: You know, she's made a lot of mistakes, and there's no question, and she's got, you know, a black chief of police and a black chief of staff, and you know they're doing all of these hires and it's all about you know, diversity and equity and inclusion and all the things. But your city's a hot mess, and these people that are leading these divisions of your government are doing a really bad job and everyone is paying the price for it. At some point, there's got to be an understanding of the fact that you have made this massive mistake and now the National Guard needs to come in and help you police your city because two things. One, you called yourself a sanctuary city in twenty seventeen when we tried to do different things to protect the you know, the DC state. And two, now that you have so many illegal immigrants in your city, you don't have space, you don't have housing for people that are American citizens. And now, whether they fell on hard times, whether you know the mental institution that they were housed and closed, whether they you know, had a bad accident and can't afford the medical bills and it bankrupted.
Speaker 3: Them, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: But these are the things, these are the issues that these people are facing. So when you say, well, I don't know where we're going to put them, and I don't know what we're going to do, and I don't know what Trump's solution is, I know what.
Speaker 3: The solution is.
Speaker 2: Get the illegal immigrants out of all of the housing, get the illegal immigrants out of all the low income housing, Get the illegal immigrants out of our country, and then we will have the funds, the resources, and the housing to take care of our homeless and are mentally unstable.
Speaker 3: That's what we need to do.
Speaker 2: And instead you making this grand standing thing this is our state, We're here to protect it.
Speaker 3: No you're not.
Speaker 2: People are getting murdered and carjacked and raped and stabbed. I mean literally every day. It's not like once in a while, it's all the time. What are you doing? And now you want to say it's Trump's fault. You want to hire protesters because you don't have enough people there. Even the protesters are afraid to go to DC.
Speaker 4: They don't want to be protesting at night. They're afraid to get shot, mug jumped. This is a this is a serious issue. I am sincere about this. It's all over the country. And there's another major problem that I see and I just saw it tonight too on x Is everybody is filming these horrific scenes where people are getting grabbed, raped, beaten, held down, children, adults. You know, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the trigger is and what is going on, but I can tell you one thing.
Speaker 3: It's not good. It's just not good.
Speaker 2: And the idea that we think that we can fix this without some sort of federal intervention is kind of silly. We're past that point. We need the help, and we need to have some sort of moral clarity, and I don't know how the hell to get it. I'll tell you that because there's definitely not enough people in church. We need more God in the house, we need more families as a unit, we need more God in school. And I don't even care if it's denominational. I just wanted to be hey, guys, there's a higher power they're looking over you. Please try to do the right thing. You know, maybe you don't know the Ten commandments, but there's got to be some part.
Speaker 3: Of you that knows. Hm.
Speaker 2: Maybe I shouldn't totally beat the shit out of this stranger and ask my friend to film it. It's probably not a good idea. And that's really I mean, I'm not even kidding. That's missing. I saw this little girl today in New Zealand. You know, young Arab kid comes up, starts to call her all kinds of names and starts to beat her up. Somebody starts filming it because the little girl kicked his ass, God bless her. But the idea that there was a bunch of other little kids standing around.
Speaker 3: None of them jumped in to.
Speaker 2: Help the little girl. They let the little boy try and hurt her. She's in her school uniform, her little skirt and her sweater, and this kid's coming up behind her, and I mean they're really fighting.
Speaker 3: I'm like, where are the teachers.
Speaker 2: Why is there no other student that's like, hey, don't do that. That's what's missing in our culture. And when you look at something that happened in Cincinnati and you see this woman Holly, who jumped in to help this man and was like, you got to stop, you're going to kill him. And then they beat the shit out of her and nobody helps her. Only one person in that entire group, called nine to one one. I mean, where are we as a society and yet we have these really disgusting marrors. Whether it's you know, Hochel. I don't want to say it's Adams because I think Adams probably would welcome the National Guard. I'm not sure about that, but I think he might. But you know, you look at Hochel, you look at Mom Donnie, you look at Karen Bass in LA. You look at Gavin Newsom, you look at what's happening in Chicago at Brandon Johnson and Pritzker, and then you look at what's happening in DC with Bowser, and you have to say to yourself, this is all wrong. We have to stop. We have to start protecting our own. There's nobody in their right mind that's out there going, oh yeah, this feels good. Everybody. We have to be done. And you know what, We've got to start helping each other. If you see an elderly person getting attacked, call on nine one one, tell them it's an emergency. Then run over if you are okay and well enough, and try to intervene protect the elderly person. Now, if you are elderly yourself, or you are physically disabled in some way. I'm obviously not telling you to do that, but if you're a young, spry person and you can help this person, do it because we've got to change the culture. This can't be the way that it is. And these are those defining moments where you really realize what kind of person you are. Are you the kind of person that stands on the sideline and films the horrible event when you could have put your phone in your pocket or stood it up somewhere and filmed it and then went in and jumped in and tried to help. You could be the difference between somebody living and dying. And there has to be a national outrage, there really does, and it can't just be a few of us.
Speaker 3: It's got to be a lot of us. We have to get organized, we have to have.
Speaker 2: Structure, and we have to bring moral clarity and a high ground back to this country.
Speaker 3: We can do it. I sure shit.
Speaker 2: Don't want to end up like London or Paris. They are unrecognizable. Do not let that happen to the United States. Please please, please, please find it within yourself, take the high road, do the right thing, make good choices, Stop letting the bad guy win.
Speaker 3: It's enough already. I am Lynda MacLaughlin. Guys, we're traveling this week.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be on the road, but I'm going to do my best to get a couple more shows up this week. Wish me luck. I'm going to Alaska. I've never been there before, so here. It's a very, very long trip, but I thank you as always for listening.
Speaker 3: We will see you next time. Never check me out. ACTU the make tact Cavity and stay safe.
Speaker 1: The right thing
Speaker 2: Of the doings thing