Speaker 1: Hello, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 2: This is the Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who is this?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: This is uh? Aaron?
Speaker 1: Aaron? Aaron? Are you what are you doing right now? There's a lot of activity going on.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am putting away equipment at the moment. Okay, but uh, let me drop what I got going real quick.
Speaker 1: Yes, if you could just put your entire life on hold to have this conversation with a get Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, alrighty, how's it going going good?
Speaker 1: I forgot your name already?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 2: Aon?
Speaker 1: Aaron? Aaron? What's going on?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: What do you what do you want to talk about today?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: Now, I just thought i'd uh, I thought i'd mentioned kind of what I do for work. I've been trying to call for geez. I want to say, yeah, i'd say COVID. Since COVID I gave up, honestly, probably like two months ago, a little more than that. And then I was like, you know what, I'm gonna see send a text and see how it went. I can't see why everyone I see why everyone says it says they get nervous.
Speaker 1: No, it's just you and me, dude. I'm I'm alone in my house. You're alone wherever you are yeah, tell me about your job.
Speaker 2: Oh man, So I'm a janitor or custodian for a elementary school district. Shit, I've done it for a little over ten years now, and uh yeah, I didn't know if you'd want to hear some some crazy stories.
Speaker 1: I would love to hear some crazy stories. I bet you've seen truly horrific things.
Speaker 2: I could honestly say I've seen some shit. Literally, yeah, yeah, no, it's it's crazy. So now, so I used to do like subbing, so I'd go to different schools. There's like junior highs and elementaries and stuff. The junior highs, you would think as the kids get older, they get they get better, but nope, they don't. I have friends actually who work in like colleges, so it's grown adults and they they've seen some horrendous things that just from what they describe, I'm like, oh, it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: Do you. But look, I'm gonna tell you. I'm gonna preface something for you. Okay, I want you to know that this this is, this is uh, you know we're on the Exam Network, all right, this is you can graphically describe whatever fountain of piss and ship you desire to describe what were some of the biggest messes that you encountered.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I was a sub This was about I want to say, like ten years ago. Nine ten years ago. Uh, they shut down one of the restrooms and so I got there, I got my keys. They're like, okay, here's your map. It was my first time at the school, so I had to get acquainted with where all the supplies everything was. They're like, oh, by the way, we want to let you want we want to let you know.
Speaker 5: We shut down.
Speaker 2: The boys' restroom and I'm like, oh okay. They're like, yeah, you got a little surprise in there. I'm like, all right, cool. And so one of the og custodians, I forgot what he called it. He had a certain name for it. But it's where they they'll get a shit and they use it as a marker and they'll just write whatever. And then mind you, these are elementary school kids, and yeah, just some of the things. Some of the things they put is like how did you, for one, know how to spell this? And then for two, they kind of got lazy with it, and like they're running out of running out of ammo with it. So they just kind of started just spreading the shit. Literally, it was pretty horrible. And that was my first time at the school. That was my first time having a cleanup like that, and uh yeah that that fucking sucked. I wanted to leave. I wanted to leave. But uh yeah, so, I mean there's that the junior high.
Speaker 1: Hold on what what what did they write with this ship marker?
Speaker 2: I don't remember the teacher's name for the ship marker, I don't remember the teacher's name, but they wrote one of the teachers is a bitch. And then uh they said, I forgot the principal's name, fuck so and so, and then uh, mind you that side of the school was probably like the first or second grade side. So yeah, it was, it was. It was pretty Uh, it was pretty crazy. I'm trying to recall what else too. It was it was like more than that. But then, like I said, towards the end, it started just getting getting a little uh they just got lazy with it and started wiping it. And yeah, that was fucked up. That was pretty fuck.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's kind of depressing that at the It's kind of sad that at first they were, you know, putting some kind of artistry into it and then they just got lazy and started smearing the ship everywhere.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, it was definitely, uh, it was definitely pretty crazy. But uh, junior high kids, it's they'll go in uh man, So how do I put it? They'll get like we call them a barbie box and that's where they get the uh how do you put it? Like like basically like you know, like the pads or whatever, you know, use pads and they'll go and and fucking slam them up on the mirror or slam them behind the uh like the stalls the door, so you wouldn't even know it's there, but if someone sat down, they're just staring at this frightening, bloody mess. It's it's pretty crazy. So there's like different protocols you have the queen because it's different disinfectants and and whatnot. At the same time, they're not trying to get you know, anything on yourself either, so it's pretty uh pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: What's the absolute worst thing that you have seen in your ten years?
Speaker 2: Ah? They like it's a reverse waffle stump of a vent. So there's like a vent above the big handicap stall and it's like a gritted vent and someone just got like a patty of ship and just chucked it up there, and uh that was pretty uh pretty nasty and we had a Yeah, that was that was that was pretty fuck. That was probably the worst. You have to take off. You have to see the vent off and there's only so much you couldn't get on the vent, like you know, so you have to like physically take it off. And then whatever's inside the walls of the duct cleaning that as well.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, I have a lot of respect for you because the second I saw that, I probably would have quit.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, uh yeah, I thought about it. There's times and then uh yeah, I I honestly there's times I'm like, fuck, I should have done something different in my life, but you know, I'm trying to make money, trying to you know, live. But uh, there's I've heard stories, There's there's were stories and stuff I've come across, so I know, I don't got it so bad.
Speaker 1: What is it that kept you going for the entire ten.
Speaker 2: Years aside from money? Family? Family?
Speaker 1: Well, like I guess money for your family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, basically, you know i'd say that, yeah, there's Daisy coming. It's like you know, crazy, it's just small. You'll you'll get like a fool, like just fucking mister Hanky in the year and all, and like you'll just come across different ways to you know, work, work smarter, not harder. You know, I'm not trying to like physically. But there's other dudes too there. You know, they don't care. They'll just like double glove it, grab it and then you know, jumping down the toilet or whatever. I'm just kind of I still you know, it's still kind of like, oh yeah, that's crazy. It's crazy. Job. You know, it's not so bad. But like I said, once you get to the high school, junior high is kind of bad. High school and college is worse though.
Speaker 1: So as the kids get older, the ship and piss mess uh messes actually get worse.
Speaker 2: Oh definitely colleges. I mean you you go to a fucking Walmart. You know, you go to a random Walmart somewhere. It's horrible there. That's another thing is I've I've come across because I when I go on life, I'm on vacation, whether it be a hotel, wherever I go, you know, you go travel. And that's another thing is I'm looking at cleanliness of everywhere that I go, especially like the whole COVID and everything kind of kind of made it crazy because a lot of how I put it, a lot of supplies they give us new, different stuff, new chemicals. They had like some backpack you'll see at like baseball games and stuff you put like a solution and you got to like sanitize ship during a whole col It was crazy, you know. But yeah, it's pretty you know, it's pretty pretty good ship some days and ship the other days. It's pretty pretty cool, pretty chill.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: Do you ever are you ever on vacation or just kind of out and about in the world and you see a horrible diarrhea mess all over the stall and you think to yourself, thank God, I don't have to clean this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, yeah, definitely. I feel definitely feel bad for whoever has to ah blessed their little spirit. But uh, yeah, no, it's it's pretty it's pretty crazy. I feel like not like put it on the spot, but you know, like, uh, how do I put it? I don't even expect to get a call, so I'm just like trying to think of what else because there, you know, there's a whole bunch of stuff and a whole bunch of ship that goes on.
Speaker 1: But uh, I got to ask you this before we go. Were the kids the kids themselves, were they dicks to you?
Speaker 2: No? No, they're you know, they're they're pretty cool. You'll see them. How's they go, mister Eric? And uh, you know, they're they're really uh you know they're they're they're cool. You know, the kids are cool. JUNIORI kids, of course, they're you know, peop little. It's just like getting snotty little shits. High school kids. Haven't dealt with high school kids. But from what I hear, you know, some of them are cool. Other ones they you know, glassholes. But I guess it's on the on the parents too.
Speaker 1: Have you ever unintentionally created a diarrhea mess in a public bathroom?
Speaker 2: No? No travelers pills, man.
Speaker 1: Traveler skills.
Speaker 2: No, the traveler pills.
Speaker 1: What are the traveler pills?
Speaker 2: There's like traveling. Uh how do you put it? Because you never know, you know, like you ever go on a trip and it's like your stomach will just fucking hit you. So if I go like long travels, I don't like having stomach issues, especially because I don't know the way restrooms are and stuff. I'd rather wait till, you know, if I get to the hotel, and then of course I keep like Clorox wipes or shit like that, you know, because I don't of course they clean the restrooms and stuff, but you don't know if they really do. Other people don't have the same standard of cleaning, you know, so I just kind of I kind of don't, not that I don't trust whoever's cleaning it, but you know, you never know. You know, they can say they cleaned it and you have no idea who's who's fucking using it before you.
Speaker 1: Do you think that you will continue to be a janitor or do you desire to ever transition in careers?
Speaker 2: I have thought multiple times of pursuing like doing school and then being on the other side rather than getting cleaning classes is being on the other side of the defense, because I've heard a lot of stories like that too. I just don't like schooling, you know, I don't. For me, It's like, how do I put it, I don't know, just the focus. As a kid, I was pretty you know, I was more focused, but as I got older, I was just like school kind of I don't know, but you know, I think about it. There's times I've almost enrolled. I've thought about switching actually moving out out of a like going to a different state and trying to find something there, you know, and you know, something different. But there's also managers. You know, you can get managerial positions and you know they request at least ten years experience, so had over over ten, about twelve.
Speaker 1: That sounds now, that sounds fun. That's I think after ten years of cleaning up diarrhea, you've earned the right to tell other people to go clean up diarrhea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just takes the I'd say it's that taking that step to just do it, growing up the set and the same fuck it, you know, to to you know, of course, pick up, move out, and then you got to put away, you know, and then and then you know, stack enough to bring family over and you know, so it'd be about a two months solitude kind of arc.
Speaker 1: Being being we're we're talking about we're talking about like being a manager of like a sanitation like thing.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, Like well yeah, because i I've found like in different states, you know, they pay, they pay. I mean I could find around here too, but it's just you know around here is not so well. It just depends. You know, you go to a different state when you have to travel, and you know, it's like picking up and starting all starting all over.
Speaker 1: But it's kind of you know, it's kind of cool because you're gonna have intel on which states in America have the worst diarrhea.
Speaker 5: Lay it out a map, you'll have a whole Yeah, don't go to Texas.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've heard stories of barbecue.
Speaker 5: What's your name again?
Speaker 1: Wait, hold on, hold, don't tell me. I'm actually all right, Eric. Well, Eric, thanks for talking about all this stuff. This was this was fascinating. I didn't know that you could do a reverse waffle stop. That's something that you really need some true malice to pull off. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go, Eric.
Speaker 2: Ship, it's pretty crazy to have that. Ask don't do reverse waffle stumps, and uh, keep your local restrooms clean.
Speaker 1: Thanks for calling Eric.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well.
Speaker 1: We got to make like an ASPCA style commercial, a very sad janitors asking please do not do a reverse waffle stomp.
Speaker 4: Hello, we reconnected.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: This must be the therapy?
Speaker 1: Get go Yeah, yeah, is this Robbie.
Speaker 4: This is Robbie Man. Glad to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Robbie. What's what's up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: How's a go on?
Speaker 4: Good man?
Speaker 1: How's how's your life? I'm actually feeling pretty nice right now. It's always kind of our roll of the dice depending on the phase of the moon, but in this particular moment, I feel pretty good. What about what about you?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 6: You know lunar cycles, whatever transpires. Glad you took my call, man, So I did follow you. I've been watching you for a little bit.
Speaker 4: I wanted to pose a question to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, all right.
Speaker 6: So I have the opportunity to go, you know, travel the world, use disability finances and X y Z from military.
Speaker 4: So I was just to give a little backstory.
Speaker 6: You know, previous Special Special Forces got injured, got out.
Speaker 4: Went to school.
Speaker 6: Really hasn't been my things in tough going going back for biology. So I kind of just want to go travel the world. But my conundrum is if I go travel the world in this crazy state that it's in, I'll leave my family behind.
Speaker 4: So it's curious, it's a year insight on that.
Speaker 1: Well, tell me about your family. What's your family is? It your mom and dad? Is that a wife and kids? Who's in the family?
Speaker 4: Sure, No, it's just mom and dad. Five siblings. Mom remarried added two more this year. We lost his oldest brother to an overdose.
Speaker 1: Sorry to hear that.
Speaker 6: So yeah, yeah, it's a tough. It's been tough for all of us. But it's part of the game, I suppose, part of the game of life.
Speaker 4: So you know, it's been hell of a year. Quite frankly.
Speaker 6: I broke my neck on a TV show last year, actually twelve months almost to the date.
Speaker 4: Since then, you know, fiance had left.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry before you continue, you you broke your neck on a TV show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, survival TV show.
Speaker 1: What survival TV show were you on?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, right, uh no, no, it's out there now.
Speaker 4: So the things, Yeah, it's called Fight to Survive, something like Roku or whatever if you have that.
Speaker 1: How did you get involved with Fight to Survive?
Speaker 6: I actually got recruited from it from a different survival TV show.
Speaker 1: How many survival TV shows have you been on?
Speaker 4: Just those two and then a couple other like low level productions and.
Speaker 6: Like Amazon Prime, things of that nature.
Speaker 1: Do they find you because your special Forces.
Speaker 6: Guy that was the initial reason they brought me out, and then they you know, because my I don't know chrismon camera or whatever you might want to call it.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's odd hearing you talk to me while I see you on the background flying away above space.
Speaker 1: That's cool though, all right, So I'm you know, I'm sure we could talk forever about these, uh, these these reality TV experiences. But so okay, so you broke your neck, you were kind of running down with for me all the things that happened to you recently, right right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So what had inspired transpired?
Speaker 2: After that?
Speaker 4: Fiance left? Found out?
Speaker 6: So I moved to a different city to be closer to her, just to find out she had a different boyfriend here left for him.
Speaker 4: Makes sense. I just left her brother. I was in a dark spot m hm. A couple months later, broke my race and locked up. Still in school for biology.
Speaker 6: Doing my best left handed. I'm a right handed dude, so that's stuff. And I recently just got the cast off, and my best friend is out in Southeast Asia just exploring like Nepal, Tyland, Vietnam, hitting all those spots, and he invited me out there to go, you know, come and say what's up with him?
Speaker 1: M hmm.
Speaker 6: But my only like drawback is like, I'm gonna leave my family in this type of situation where you know, they already lost one son.
Speaker 4: What's it like.
Speaker 6: If I have to go overseas and they're gonna lose another for a.
Speaker 1: Bit, Robbie, I am, I I hope. I mean, you know, dying and going on vacation or two very different things, okare I I think that how long you plan on being away.
Speaker 4: From for indefinitely?
Speaker 6: Mmmm?
Speaker 1: So you're just gonna go and see what happens.
Speaker 4: That's kind of my game plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me get into your head about this, Like, are you who like I can't ask how old you are?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm twenty six and.
Speaker 1: Has family always been? Like I guess, I guess I want to hear about like family is clearly important to you, you know, because if it wasn't, you would be gone. You wouldn't be calling a gecko to talk about this. So you know what, what how did that come to be? Like, tell me about the role of the family kind of plays in your life, you know, throughout your life.
Speaker 4: I guess that's a hard question. You know, I grew up with five siblings.
Speaker 6: You know, I got my hand me downs from my cousins who ended up with my older brother who ended up with me.
Speaker 5: I guess I've.
Speaker 4: Always had family around. But I also joined you know, military Special Forces to But nobody ever said the same things that they say now, really like oh what about your family? Like are you abangoning in your family to go do this?
Speaker 6: I get that from them now, but nobody said that when I went to leave for you know, Special Forces, they were all totally fine.
Speaker 4: Look at them. Mhm.
Speaker 6: It's it's it's a strange conundrum that I found myself in that.
Speaker 4: Thank you for allowing me to talk to you about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I find this fascinating. Hmmm. So well, okay, what kind of like do you do? You live with your parents?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm on my own, okay, So what kinds of like stuff do you do for them? Where that there are? They are? They dependent on you for anything?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 6: They're dependent as far as that community goes.
Speaker 4: So any day that I'm not in school, so I study biology one day a week at school and the rest are online classes. Ah, but I.
Speaker 6: Go home pretty much every opportunity I get to spend as much time with family, especially considering this up you know, this future operation that I might.
Speaker 4: V mm hmmm hm.
Speaker 1: And how many other How many siblings.
Speaker 4: Do you have? Well? Now I have five?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: And are they all?
Speaker 1: Are they all around? Is everyone everyone's around?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Two of them pretty much? Stay? You know Colorado? Are you familiar with Colorado?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm familiar with well are you? I?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know Colorado. I don't know if I know everything. I don't know, like landsdown Colorado?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well no, I don't worry about it, the big numbs. So I got two in Bolder.
Speaker 6: My two brothers live together in Boulder, my sister lives in Colorado Springs, and I live in Denver.
Speaker 1: Okay, so everyone's everyone's pretty close.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not more than an hour and a half.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, look, I mean all of that aside. Man. You know, uh, this is an interesting one to think about because I don't know if there's a right or wrong answer. You know, it all depends on, like what you value, And I don't think there's.
Speaker 4: Help me out with that. Worth of value.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well worth of value to me? Yeah yeah, Well to me, family is very important and and and Robbie, You've spent a god damn good amount of your life, a good amount of your adult life too, servicing the value that you have for your family, you know, but clearly you also have a you also have a value. You also value adventure, You value experience, do you not?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: And you gotta you know, serve those values as well. And I think, I mean, you've never have you ever been out side of the country before?
Speaker 6: Yeah, probably, like I don't know, thirteen fourteen countries or.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, yeah, cool, I've been out in the cool cool cool. I mean, look, man, you're first of all, you saying and that the way you said indefinitely, it was as if the gates would close it. Well, it was, Oh, you're trying to expatriates in. You'd like, you're trying to renounce your American citizenship.
Speaker 6: Not in the sense of renouncing xt you know, you don't have to renounce your citizenship, but you know, if I never come back, you know, it might be for good reason. Crazy shit's going on in America. I'm sorry, Am I allowed to say that crazy stuff is going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You can, Yeah, you can say crazy. You can say whatever you want.
Speaker 4: It's going on in America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hmm, well, this could get very political, but what what is it about America that you're trying to escape?
Speaker 6: You know very well could and it could also get very scientific, but which also, unfortunately is politicized. So I don't know how much of that I'm allowed to disclose with you.
Speaker 1: Look, you can say whatever you want, but you know what, we don't even really I don't even know if we need to get into specifics because okay, okay, fair whatever, who gives a shit?
Speaker 2: Who cares?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I feel you too, I feel you too. I feel you too. There's a lot of.
Speaker 4: Uh thought, that's my same thought.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of believe, there's a lot of reasons to want to leave America for whoever you are. I mean, why does it have to be so I guess what I'm lost on is why does it have to be so dire? Like you can come back drastic? Yeah, you can come back.
Speaker 6: I guess I'd love to come back, you know, if I sell it in a spot where it's.
Speaker 3: Where it's the fuck that I want to be, and it's not. It's just so detrimental the stuff that's going on. I don't want to participate in it.
Speaker 6: You know, I say, like our tax dollars are going into it, whatever.
Speaker 4: It might be.
Speaker 6: If I'm a non participant in that, you know, it's like I hate to use this comparison.
Speaker 4: It's like the matrix, right, you know, red belt, bluepill.
Speaker 6: You can be ignorant and bliss or you can recognize what's going on in non participant, be a non participant in that fact.
Speaker 4: Yeah, M I don't know, man, I don't know that, you know. That's why I'm calling to talk to somebody about it.
Speaker 1: Sure, but I think I think we're getting I just if I could say something, and this is just like how I think about shit, and I might be wrong, but whatever, I think it's more important to think about you than it is to think about like society and culture at large right now, right because what I'm hearing, and I know that there's you have some cultural political whatever hang ups with with America is a place that you want to you know, not participate with you. But what I'm reading more into this argument you have with yourself about wanting to go and live your life for yourself an adventure versus wanting to you know, be there to support your family. Because both of those things are very important to you. And yeah, so second, yeah, no, you're right, correct, that's the hangoup. And so look, I guess what. I guess I don't understand why. And maybe it's the has something to do with the political cultural hang ups that you have. But uh, I don't see why this is a drastic, indefinite move. You know, you you can go. Many people will go to Southeast Asia for a month, two months, three months, four months, five months and then come back. You know, it doesn't have to be the most you know you can you can you don't have to live your life decades at a time. You can do it a couple days, weeks, months at a time. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: No, I totally do I get it. I'm concerned, Yeah, concerned about you know what is the next decade, weeks, months of you I mean even this current nation.
Speaker 4: I don't want to get political with it. We already talked about that. That's not.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, well let's let's let's do here. Do you you are you you're collecting disability money? How are you making money?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, that's correct. And then I collect money to go to school? Okay, are you dropping out relatively handsomely.
Speaker 1: Are you dropping out of school?
Speaker 4: I might transition to online to complete my degree.
Speaker 1: Cool. Yeah, and that you can do from anywhere. So okay, great, So you're entire so you're in Thailand, you're living the laptop lifestyle, as they call it.
Speaker 6: Well, I would do that and then also train mixed martial arts NonStop.
Speaker 4: So I have a couple.
Speaker 6: I have one profession from a fight, you know, numerous amateur Yeah.
Speaker 1: It kind of sounds sick.
Speaker 4: It's it kind of sounds like a sick life, right what I do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But the only thing is like I got my family here and they just like we all just lost one of our five to suicide m and I would hate for my mom.
Speaker 4: Really, That's what hurts me. It's like thinking my mom's gonna lose another one.
Speaker 6: And I'm not. But at the same time, I also don't really want to come back.
Speaker 4: If it's that awesome out there.
Speaker 1: I will say, I will say I've never I'm the most out of shape person that you've talked to, at least in the past month.
Speaker 4: And dude, I see you saying it.
Speaker 1: You're good even I even I have had weird three am fantasies about going training martial arts in Thailand. It sounds cool. But anyway, anyway, have you read so have you talked to your mom about this? I'm curious.
Speaker 6: Yeah, mom knows, Grandpa knows. Siblings all know that this is where my heart's at. This is kind of where I want to go. And we'll just be completely forthcoming. I tried calling you a couple of times prior, but at this.
Speaker 4: Point in time, taking your book and I'm sending it.
Speaker 1: Oh so you, oh so you you're going. This isn't even I'm a decision.
Speaker 6: It's more of a it's more of a like, hey, can you cancel me? Counsel me in a spot? Where is there anything that I'm doing wrong?
Speaker 1: Look, I don't. I don't. I'm not in the business of telling people what to do or what not to do. But this is a tough one because I've got a big adventure bug myself, and when I do that kind of thing, I really do think to myself, like, oh man, this is this is really just living your life to the fullest, and if that's what you want to do, that's the way to do it. Just to travel. It's very scary, it's very scary to live your life to the fullest in that way.
Speaker 4: Do you what do you think about that type of fear of the unknown.
Speaker 1: I think it's so funny that you're like a badass, fucking special Ops guy and you probably could fucking kill me by touching me, and uh, the only thing that you're afraid of it's not you know, guys with guns or big alligators, it's the unknown.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's an interesting that's an interesting thought, right there, Get go.
Speaker 1: It's very it's a very funny observation, the fear of the unknown. I don't know, man, I have a lot of the fear of the unknown myself. I have a lot of the fear of the unknown myself. And I think, here lately, here's how I've been dealing with the fear of the unknown's if you know, I try to be grateful when I'm facing the unknown, because well, a lot of the fear of Like when I have fear of the unknown and I'm like, oh man, life's been cool so far. Is it going to stay cool or is it going to suck? You know, it's either the bad things that it could do is not stay cool and suck. But I try to be grateful. Right, So I'm like, well, even if the future isn't as cool as how things have been, or if it sucks, it's like, well, I got to have everything, I got to live everything that was cool. I got to already have all these great experiences. I got to have this time with my family, these other good experiences, this time with my friends. I already lived so much great life. So I'm grateful for whatever great life I got to live. And so I'm not anxious about whether or not there's gonna be more, because if there is, then that's a beautiful bonus and I'm thankful for it. But if there's never any again, then you know, I already already had my feel of life being good.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if any of that makes sense, but that's one thing.
Speaker 4: Can you yeah, can you? Can you like keep me with bullet points of that? I get hit in the head a lot. Can you hit me with bullet points?
Speaker 1: Oh God, bullet points of that. I guess what I'm trying to say, in short, is that I'm grateful for my life as it has been so far, right, and so that makes me worry less about the future because I'm grateful for the past and the present enough that it quells my fear of the future. Does that make any sense?
Speaker 4: It absolutely does.
Speaker 6: Do You you must believe in some type of defining power, then.
Speaker 1: I don't really believe in Not really, I don't believe in God or karmic forces or any any kind of higher power that exists to intentionally move things around to make them the way that they are.
Speaker 6: What about I mean, you believe in yourself, right, you can move things around to make things how they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do. I believe. I believe in myself in terms of.
Speaker 6: And not as far as it goes as far as belief like what can change things?
Speaker 4: It's just strictly your third dimensional entity.
Speaker 1: No, it's well, I have a little bit of control, and then there's a lot of other forces that are outside of my control. And those forces outside of my control are a little bit like God, you know, like, uh, okay, the weather man is kind of like God. He controls the weather. It is a control the weather, but I don't know, I'm not in control of what I'm not in control of what weather he reports. So I guess that kind of makes him like God. Hm hmm.
Speaker 6: You know your psychology I mean, if you want, if you're gonna call it, let's call it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, ends up cool.
Speaker 1: I was I was gonna say, I was gonna say, what about the unknown? Are you afraid of.
Speaker 2: Failure?
Speaker 4: To a chief? Potential?
Speaker 6: Would be my greatest fear, And you know I can smack mad potential here in the States if I really sat down and like worked it.
Speaker 4: I guess I'm afraid of real work. I just want to do what I like doing.
Speaker 6: And what I like doing is training and traveling and meeting new people.
Speaker 1: And Buddy, it's so yeah, yeah, yeah, Well finish your thought before I interrupt you.
Speaker 4: No, that was that pretty much?
Speaker 6: Was? I like creaning, I like traveling, I like meeting new people, and I.
Speaker 4: Like I'm pretty much just experiencing the world as it is.
Speaker 1: Buddy, I'm also having fun. I'm also afraid of not I'm also I'm also afraid of a real job. That's why I'm wearing a Gecko costume right now and why I'm asking people to subscribe to my super cast accounts. And I'm also afraid of not reaching my potential. And actually, what I just told you, what about the whole being grateful for the what I just told you about being grateful for the past and the present has kind of helped me quell my fear of not reaching my potential because I can look at my past and my present and be like, well, I did these things. I tried in this way, I kind of gave it my all. So maybe maybe maybe in that sense, I did reach my potential, you know, or does potentially even exist?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: Or it is potential just like a completely made up thing?
Speaker 4: What would mean potential is a made up thing?
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't, I don't, I don't know. These these are not fully formed. These are not fully formed thoughts. This might be just kind of a bunch of bullshit. But with me, I kind of feel like with like like say this right, like I'm I'm not in great shape. Okay, So let's say I had the potent. Let's say I have the potential theoretically to become an Olympic athlete, right, But did I ever really Because at the end of the day, there's certain and I don't know. This is where I reconcile with like what what is and not of my what is? And what is not in my control? Right because at the end of the day, there's certain fucking things in your brain that you don't really even understand that ye have influence over you and the decisions that you make and the way that you live your life. And in a this is what's fucking weird to me is in a way, like I do believe that brain chemistry and just shit going on with you psychologically, in your environment and whatever influence you to make the decisions that you make. So in some way they are your decisions, and you were in control of whether or not you went out and became an Olympic athlete, but also in some ways you kind of weren't. But the it's also I get wrapped up to this because the more I feed the side of my brain that I think I'm not in controller, the more I feed that idea that I'm not in control, the more I get complacent and want to.
Speaker 4: You're not in control of it, than what is in control of it.
Speaker 1: I had no fucking idea.
Speaker 6: Got to be subconscious. It's got to be some type of chemical reaction. And if you break down chemical reactions, what causes chemical reactions, what causes the mechanics, what causes you know, micro electronic If you really break it all down. I would you know, I hate to counter you on this one. I feel like it comes down to creedive force, a destiny, destiny, oh, like a god consciousness, Yeah, like a god.
Speaker 1: They could be there could be. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, we've gotten I don't know either.
Speaker 1: We've gotten so off track here, we're actually no, I don't even think. I don't even I don't even know. No. I totally take back what we said. I totally take back what I just said. I totally regret saying that just now. That's antithetical to how I feel about this podcast because there is no track or whatever track we were on was the track.
Speaker 4: Okur, dude, this is a great combo.
Speaker 1: So look, well you bought the tickets. That's awesome. Yeah, dude, I think, I think. I think when you're when you're fucking dying, I think you're going to be happy that you left your comfort zone and went and to experience the world. And clearly that's what you want to do. You want you want to be out and about, you want to be meeting people, doing things, awake, alive in the universe. That's where you want to be, you know. But the only to get you I'm the same way normally.
Speaker 6: Concurrence is that damn my mom, like our whole family had just lost a sibling to something stupid. I want to man if I did that twice. That's my only fear. That's my biggest fear. I don't care about if I got eight by a great worshak. I don't care. Well I'm surfing in Australia or got bit by snake in Thailand, Like, I don't get it. But what I'm really worried about is like, how is my family going to deal with maybe two losses?
Speaker 4: Because that's dangerous out there. It's not the.
Speaker 1: Same as when you say, dude, when you say two losses, do you are you referring to yourself, yeah, leaving America? Are you are you referring to yourself leaving and not coming back? Or are you referring to some possible danger that.
Speaker 6: You'll die like I get knocked out, Like I get knocked out of the game, Yeah eliminated?
Speaker 1: Well, well in that in that case, before you fucking get in your car and drive down the street, you could think that about yourself. Man, I mean you're gonna you're gonna die, and you could die. You could die at home in America, or you could die in Thailand.
Speaker 4: Damn, that's a good thing you could.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't realize that's what you were talking about. If that's what you were talking about, then that's you know. I mean, that's crazy. You have no control over whether or not some random fucking thing happens to you that kills you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, that's kind of why I say.
Speaker 6: It always happens, and God hands I suppose I should have died maybe three or four times already.
Speaker 4: I know that's not your game, which is cool. I won't push that. No politics, no religion will do that. That's cool.
Speaker 1: Doh well, I are you? Were you trying to say that you feel like like God is watching over you to make sure that you don't die.
Speaker 6: No, I just know that every single person has been put here for a purpose.
Speaker 1: And what do you think?
Speaker 4: Dude? Who am I to say what my purpose is? You know what I'm saying, like, I have no idea, not the chance do. My purpose for a little while was to make people laugh with syd up comedy.
Speaker 6: For a little while, it was to entertain people with this with this TV show. From before that, it was it was for a little while to entertain people with an MMA fighting career.
Speaker 4: Before that, it was I guess learning probably before that. I don't know what my purpose is.
Speaker 1: It's very funny to me that you're about my age because you talk like you're forty seven.
Speaker 4: Yamn. Is that good or does that mean closer to death?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: No, I think, Uh, I don't. I don't know. I don't. I don't know what that means. It's uh, it's cool. You're a cool guy. I imagine I imagine you to be about about twice my height. Yeah, you're probably about what that would make you seven foot two, you're about seventy six.
Speaker 4: I'm like five to eleven point eight.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Yeah, Man, go to Thailand's. You're already there. You're alady about the tickets?
Speaker 4: Send it? Yeah, send it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I That's what I would do. That's what I'm probably going. That's what I'm probably going to do. You know, I can do my stream from anywhere. I always think I'm calling ass over.
Speaker 6: Up, get your ass out there, because I'm going I'm being honest, I already have my heart set on it. I was trying to call you for a couple of months prior to this to like, you know, deliver it a little bit, you know, deliberate, excuse me a little bit, try to figure this whole thing out.
Speaker 4: But uh yeah, I came to my own conclusion. I'm I'm sending it. Yeah, if you ever want to like connect thoughts too.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, if you ever, if you start, if you ever start a fucking dojo out there, you let me know. I'll go. That would be a fun That would be a crazy ass video if I if I trained in the Gecko suit, you could.
Speaker 4: Do that with yo. How far away are you? I'm c Springs, Colorado Springs.
Speaker 6: You know, if you ever, if you ever feel like swinging through, shoot me a message. You got the you got the numeros souh Yeah, absolutely no joke.
Speaker 4: That would be a fun podcast.
Speaker 6: Plus, I feel like you can you and I could have a long form type discussion.
Speaker 1: All right. I appreciate you putting that feeler out there. I Uh, one of these days, I'll one of these days I'll put down the fucking touts your roles and go try to what you're doing.
Speaker 4: Bro, do what you're doing. You are doing.
Speaker 6: Thanks, you are doing great things. Thanks Robbie, I love listening to your podcast. You're catching all stars on your podcast now, fire Bro, you are literally catching fire.
Speaker 4: I'd love seeing it, love listening to it. Thank you for taking my call. I know I'm not supposed to say that. You got you rock.
Speaker 1: Thanks Robbie. And and look, man, you're you're a good guy too.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: I hope that you make Just do me a favor. You made the decision, you made the decision, you're going, you're doing it. Feel good about it. Feel happy about it, because making a decision, that making a definitive decision, and then feeling bad about your decision. It's the opposite of having your cake and eating it too. It's like taking your cake and diarrhea ing on it and then eating the diarrhea cake. Just eat the cake with no diarrhea.
Speaker 4: You you know what, You're a smart man.
Speaker 1: Geka all right, you take care, Robbie, Thank you man.
Speaker 4: Love brother, take it see ya.
Speaker 1: I think he was trying to say I love you at the end, but he just couldn't do it. And I feel the same way. I love you too, Robbie. Thanks for calling. Good luck. Hey guys, it's Lyle here. I'm about to do some ad reads, but if you're a premium member of the podcast, you will not hear them. Premium members, or gek Legends, as I like to call them, get access to every episode of this podcast ad free. They also get bonus episodes, recordings for my live shows, members only streams, and they support my ability to keep doing this show for a long time, do it in cooler, more interesting places, and also eat food, which is important. If any of that sounds cool to you, you can go to Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com to become a gek Legend, or find the link in the episode description. All right, let's do some ads.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hello, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Is this?
Speaker 7: Am I speaking to the Gecko right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You are? Am I speaking to Tyler?
Speaker 5: Yes you are, Hello, Tally?
Speaker 1: Can you get off discord real quick? Tyler?
Speaker 5: Can you?
Speaker 1: Can you turn off every single appliance in your home except for your phone?
Speaker 7: Okay, I will make sure my refrigerator is not running good?
Speaker 5: All right, what's up man?
Speaker 1: It says here that you wanted to talk about how you feel like you're a hoarder.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so basically, I just collect anything that I get my hands on. H I got a collection of those stupid little five nettet Freddy's figures. I got little Minecraft figurines. I got posters all around my room. I don't know if you remember that one promotional item that McDonald's did with that one clothing brand where they had the four eyes, But I have all of those figures. I have a box of Cause Cereal, I have a lot.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's a difference between just being a hoarder. I feel like there's a difference between being a hoarder and just decorating your room with stuff that you like.
Speaker 7: I guess so, but a lot of it is just unnecessary. Like I have a collection of mountain dew bottles. Mind you, they're filled with food coloring, so it looks like it has the soda still in them, so it kind of looks cool, but it's still just like garbage.
Speaker 1: Would you consider those mountain dew bottles to be trash or decorations.
Speaker 2: Or memory a little bit of both?
Speaker 7: Probably?
Speaker 4: Mhm.
Speaker 1: How many mountain dew bottles are sitting around your room right now?
Speaker 7: Are we going to count the actual bottles? Because I have.
Speaker 1: What do you mean by actual bottles?
Speaker 7: All right? So I'm I'm kind of addicted to mountain dew as well as hoarding things. I have four separate boxes of cans, a mini box of Baja Blast, and eleven different bottles of just soda.
Speaker 1: Are these like special bottles or are they?
Speaker 7: Oh? Yeah, these are these are limited? These are limited?
Speaker 1: Okay? How many of the mountain dew bottles are limited edition collectors items? And then how many of them are just regular mountain dew bottles?
Speaker 7: Technically all eleven?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: Wait, are we talking about the ones that are filled with the soda or the ones that are filled with the water?
Speaker 1: How many of these are filled with soda? How many of these are filled with water?
Speaker 7: I have? Let me let me count them. Three, six, nine, twelve, fourteen, sixteen, seventeen. I have seventeen filled with water.
Speaker 1: Why do you have seventeen mountain dew bottles filled with water?
Speaker 7: Well, it's it's color. It has food coloring in it, so it's like it looks like the soda is still in it.
Speaker 1: Did you put the food coloring in it?
Speaker 7: Okay, hold on somewhat, mister Annoy just said and how many pisss? So I have a funny story with that. I'm sorry, I'm getting sidetracked. There's a flavor where it's lemonade and there's another flavor with peach.
Speaker 2: I don't like either flavor.
Speaker 7: But when they're mixed together, it is very good. It's like a peach lemonade and it looks like piss. So I have an empty bottle of mountain dew with the word piss on it, and I fill it up with my like piss yellow soda flavor and it looks like piss. I just thought it was very funny.
Speaker 1: I think that crosses the line into hoarding.
Speaker 7: Yeah, see, I told you.
Speaker 2: It was hoorting.
Speaker 1: How hard would it be for you to throw these away?
Speaker 7: Oh, it's gonna be hard because I have another.
Speaker 1: Six I can.
Speaker 7: I have another sixteen empty cans?
Speaker 1: What do you feel like you have an emotional or sentimental attachment to these bottles?
Speaker 7: Not really, I could probably throw them out easy, But my friend got me into it, so it's like kind of like a duo, me and him. I actually went to his house one time to try a flavor. He got, like a birthday cake flavor, and it was like terrible.
Speaker 1: I hated it. Do you think that your life would improve with the absence of these bottles or is it better with the presence of these bottles.
Speaker 7: I mean, I feel like it adds character, But if I stopped drinking the soda, it would probably be better.
Speaker 1: I'm not a nutritionist, but I think that's probably true too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, is.
Speaker 1: There anything just while we're on the phone and you're looking around the room, is there anything that you're like one hundred percent sure you don't need that you can throw away?
Speaker 4: Hmm?
Speaker 7: I'm looking around now.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 7: Actually, that's not true. I ate a whole bag of potato ships last night, can you think? Yeah? I just do way, I got a little case of the munchies.
Speaker 1: You just throw it away?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just threw it away.
Speaker 5: No more like just now, just now it's here.
Speaker 7: And listen, it's it's in the garbage.
Speaker 2: Don't worry.
Speaker 1: We made some progress.
Speaker 7: We're making progress. I don't see anything else. It's probably just little papers on the floor that I could pick up later.
Speaker 1: Tyler, you said your name was yep, mm hmm. Is there anything else that you want to tell me about this?
Speaker 7: So I wanted to get into this a little bit. I have a flavor, the birthday cake flavor. Yeah, I love riding my bike around a lot. It's like she like, my bike is my little baby.
Speaker 1: Mhm.
Speaker 7: So I ride my bike to a friend's house sometimes when I collect Mountain do with and we sit on this front porch like King of the Hill and we just drink SODA's. It's it's pretty chill.
Speaker 1: That actually sounds awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's really cool to see.
Speaker 1: Now that you told me that, I understand. Okay, now I understand why you keep the bottles because it's like they remind you of of this time that you have with your friend, Like like you were kind of explaining to me, it's like a it's like a thing with you and your friend. You're not just collecting trash around your room.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 7: And they're neatly organized too. It's not like they're just in some peep it's on a shelf and the all mice and meat. I could probably text you a picture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll look at a picture.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh cool.
Speaker 2: I could just.
Speaker 7: Let me see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is my collection I have.
Speaker 1: I have a lot. What's the most valuable bottle the you have in this collection?
Speaker 7: I don't really know. Most of them are just filled up with water, so probably none of them the red Solo cup was the cake flavor.
Speaker 1: Wait, so these have these have? Oh you have some kickstarters in there too, So these are none of these are actually full? Do you just put food coloring in them? Uh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, if you in the back or fall because of their diet And I don't really care about diet.
Speaker 1: I like that the diets are like worthless to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a worthless well.
Speaker 1: Tyler, thanks for sharing this with me. Man, is there anything else that you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 7: There's this kid in my school. His name is Paul. He's a really he's a really nice guy, and I just wish I was able to be friends with him, And I don't really know how I can be friends with him.
Speaker 5: Give him a do you have.
Speaker 7: Any little kid pits of advice? He's really chill, he's really nice. I just want to be friends with Paul.
Speaker 1: Why don't you invite him to come over to your house and look at your rare mountain dew collection.
Speaker 2: That's not a bad idea, all right? Thank you, Lyle?
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you. You made mine have a wonderful night.
Speaker 2: Wait a man better?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tyler, if you're still listening. Dude, If if, if, if someone came up to me and was like, hey, me and my friends are going to go drink rare Mountain dews on a stoop like they do in King of the Hill. Do you want to come? I would accept that invitation immediately. That's a good invitation to put out into the universe. It's a good activity to invite someone to. If I were if I were Paul, I would want to be a part of that activity. Hello, folks, it's Lyle here. That's the end of this episode. But get this. Yes, I'm releasing a bonus episode this week. That's right, an entire extra hour of the podcast that you can listen to by becoming a premium member of Therapy Gecko over at Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. Supercast subscribers get access to bonus episodes. They get a completely ad free podcast feed of the regular show, They get recordings from my live shows, members only streams, and they help support my ability to continue doing this podcast. So here's a clip from this week's members only bonus episode. You texted me something. Can I read what you texted me? Of course, you said, Hey, Lyle, my name is Drew, I've become obsessed with the idea of becoming the guy that gives the best head, to the point where I am considering breaking up with my girlfriend so I can get better at giving head.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's pretty much accurate.
Speaker 1: Tell me more about that. If you want to hear this full conversation, you can sign up to become a premium member at therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com, or find the link in the episode description that's therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. All right, I have nothing else to say.
Speaker 4: Goes on the line taking your phone calls every night.
Speaker 6: They goes to who's teaching you amory life?
Speaker 1: Not an expert