Speaker 1: We're here. We're down to the top three. This is crazy Your best second dates of twenty twenty five, and this is number three.
Speaker 2: Out of all the places where you could meet someone at coffee shops, grocery stores, crime scene clean up training and nothing says compatibility like wiping fake blood off of a floor, trust me, but you really do love those. Oh yeah. But for one of our listeners, it got even weirder when he met a good looking gal at a furniture store. Oh yeah, Now you don't hear a lot about those, but you're gonna find out the unique way he managed to get her number in your number three second date Update of the year Right now, Second Date Updated. I saw a video posted by a bridal stylist recently, and she talks to brides all the time and always asks how they met their husband.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 3: A feat.
Speaker 2: What's the number one way single people are finding their spouses right now? The number one answer, she says, by far is on.
Speaker 1: Hinge ye, not like bumble or.
Speaker 2: Like specifically his she says, Bumble is second. Nobody is on Tinder. If you're seriously trying to find Number three was a little bit surprising, though, she said, college Sweethearts, not a website like people who actually met in college Sweethearts, people who.
Speaker 1: Met women looking for sugar Dad.
Speaker 2: It's like the relationship lasted beyond graduation.
Speaker 1: That's weird one.
Speaker 2: And then the rarest is meeting somebody naturally out in the wild. And I don't know if I hear animal noises right now, but that's exactly what happened with one of our listeners, Chad. He was a lone tiger loose in the jungle roman free till a certain frisky feline caught his eye. So let's learn about it.
Speaker 4: Chad.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks, Hey.
Speaker 3: You're welcome.
Speaker 4: Chad.
Speaker 1: You sound like a frisky feeling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, he's the prowling tiger. Yeah still well, yeah, a big feeling.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: And tell us about the girl that you met. What's her name?
Speaker 4: Her name is Lucy?
Speaker 2: Okay, and we're out in the wild. Did you meet Lucy?
Speaker 4: I met Lucy at a furniture store.
Speaker 3: Why did that scream awesome? Because like shopping for furniture, I could see girls out and about.
Speaker 1: Everyone at the furniture store is married. Yeah, I've never stepped in. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, they got money, because furniture is not she you're spending a couple hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you were.
Speaker 4: You were like a legit store. This wasn't like Assemble.
Speaker 2: One of the nice shots fired at Ikea. So how did you and Lucy? Like, how did that interaction happen in the store?
Speaker 4: Well, I was walking around the store. I was just there looking to upgrade my place, and I had zeroed in on this one sofa. But then Lucy came in and was looking at the exact same couch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, style arm wrestle.
Speaker 5: Who for?
Speaker 1: Whoever's gonna buy it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean I wish I could have. I mean I would have loved to have done that.
Speaker 3: Did you do the gentleman thing and buy the couch for her?
Speaker 4: I don't have that much money.
Speaker 2: I'm what was your move?
Speaker 4: The move was just to kind of like, what do you like about the couch? And then it just kind of got to a level where we weren't just talking about a couch.
Speaker 1: Well, and eventually you're gonna have to spoon on it together to see if two people fit. That's important you want to.
Speaker 2: That's a really weird way of flirting.
Speaker 3: I will say, I feel like we shouldn't have heard.
Speaker 4: A yeah, yeah, it didn't get too racy. We just kept like trying it out.
Speaker 1: Okay, shocked it didn't get That's cute though. That's a really organic way to have conversation.
Speaker 2: It is good because you're kind of playing like you're a couple already by like shopping together. It kind of like plants that image into your mind in a in a subtle way, so.
Speaker 1: Not like that. It's important for him to know if women like this couch?
Speaker 2: Yeah, fair, Were you able to spin it into a date?
Speaker 4: Yeah? It come to find out we both wanted the couch. You know, there's shalespeople at these high end furniture stores, and so it's like, okay, we're both interested in the couch, and the guy's like, this is it. There's just the one Yeah, and then you guys started a fight, So what's the move. I was like, okay, well we both want the couch, but if you want me to let you have it, then why don't you give me something in return? You know, like your phone number?
Speaker 2: Okay, because they also sell beds over here, so that's.
Speaker 1: A good way to get her number. Did she like that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean good enough to give me the number. I mean she got the couch, so yeah, the couch.
Speaker 3: Wait hold up, hold up, you got the number, and now she's ghosting you.
Speaker 1: I think they went out out.
Speaker 2: Did you go?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: Like fast forward to like the next three days, and we're texting a lot. I mean like and I say that a lot, I mean like fifty times a day, well a day.
Speaker 2: Wow, you haven't texted anybody fifty times in my whole life.
Speaker 3: I really like each other.
Speaker 1: Day.
Speaker 4: So we scheduled a date and then she backed out and I wanted to reschedule, and then like she backed out again the night before, Okay, are you okay?
Speaker 3: Convincing herself not to go on.
Speaker 1: So it's weird that you guys were talking so much though via text. I don't know someone who can't say no. I would probably give up my number and talk for a few days to not feel bad, and the couch is delivered and not my home, and then stop text and then you finally be over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, chat are you feeling like? Maybe the only reason that she said she would like give the number and go out on the date was just to get the couch, Like that was the whole point of it.
Speaker 4: That thought has crossed my mind. But then there's all these texts in between. So then like I did like a little recon, I like googled myself and I was like, all right, nothing weird came up here.
Speaker 3: That was good.
Speaker 1: I mean, here's the thing. She gave you her number, but she could have easily given you a fake number.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 1: You know, she didn't have to give you her real phone number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird that she's backing out all of a sudden. We're gonna call Lucy and try and get to the bottom of this, because if she says no to going out with you, then you deserve that couch.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, that wasn't the deal. It was just a phone number. Jeff, Oh.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that was on you chat improve your negotiations.
Speaker 4: Still, I know I thought it was a fair deal, but it turns out not so much. Yeah, but anyways, I need your help and hope you can help me out.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we're going to try our best. We'll come back and get you your second date up date right after this man hold oncond date update. I'm not a lawyer, but Chad, if we're not successful in getting you another date, what about at least getting you visitation with the couch just like one week A couch doesn't need to be much, just one weekend a month. Maybe split it on holidays. We can negotiate something.
Speaker 1: Yeah sure, Oh you know, shared custody is what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay. Chad seems to like that idea, because if you miss part one, he met Lucy at a furniture store recently when they both liked the same exact couch, but he generously let her have it if in exchange she gave him his number.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean that was the deal that they made.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was a smooth move. But she keeps backing out of dates now and now their initial flame has pretty much gone completely ice cold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're losing chemistry fast.
Speaker 2: So we he doesn't know why, we need to try and help figure it out.
Speaker 1: Can I ask Chad the one thing I never you know, we never really got into you said, you guys texted back and forth a ton. Was there any like inappropriate text scene or something that could have or could have been red wrong? Even you know, sometimes you said something thinking you're joking and the other person doesn't read it right.
Speaker 2: Can you read some inappropriate text to Brook right now, she really wants.
Speaker 4: To do something. Lead.
Speaker 1: Is there something that stands out in all of those conversations that you had.
Speaker 4: No, I mean it was flirty, but without crossing the line. It's the way I think about it. Asked about the couch. You know, how's.
Speaker 2: How's the couch doing?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He really did that though, that's what he said. Okay, he laughed, like to be an innuendo, like the couch. I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, he like, how's the couch doing?
Speaker 1: How I heard it? Okay?
Speaker 2: See, this is what text messaging is like right now. You can't tell tone.
Speaker 1: Someone text me how's the couch? Ha ha.
Speaker 3: I would not understand that.
Speaker 2: All right, it's okay, let's call Lucy and uh, hopefully it's not what we were talking about earlier too, where it was just all a big scam so that she could get the couch have him back off of it.
Speaker 3: Because it is very smart and percent your fone, that's the case scam.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean she just said, oh well, thank you and smiled and gave you your number. That's all that you asked.
Speaker 1: There's no one in the room that wouldn't agree with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's hope that.
Speaker 4: The case. Then I don't know why she would even agree to go out with me at the start of it.
Speaker 1: It's a good point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true, So hopefully there's an explanation. Let me dial her number right now, let's see if she picks up. Here we go, Hello, Hey, we're looking to speak with Lucy.
Speaker 4: H Yeah, we're.
Speaker 2: A radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Hey, Lucy, your morning.
Speaker 1: You're on the show, Lucy.
Speaker 5: Okay, what's this about.
Speaker 1: It's our couch review segment in a way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we're doing a segment called second Date Update.
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Oh, you don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: It's a segment we do where if someone's in like a dating scenario and a person blows you off or you're not getting back to them, we'll reach out on behalf of that person to try and figure out if there's a reason for it, just to like help them understand what's going on.
Speaker 1: And this one's kind of out of the norm because you never actually went on a first.
Speaker 2: Date, right, yeah, because we're talking about a guy named Chad.
Speaker 4: Are you sorry?
Speaker 2: We didn't need to explain more like, couch guy, you know exactly who we're talking about. Yeah, we are noting you. Chad says that you guys met at a furniture store and you exchange numbers.
Speaker 1: It seemed like there was like some flirtation there. Did he read that right?
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, I have a good reason for it, but it would just be super uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Tell him, oh, you.
Speaker 1: Have a good reason for not calling him back or going on the date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he said that you guys had scheduled dates and you kept bailing.
Speaker 5: Yes, I did bail.
Speaker 3: Wait can I ask her just blunt like, did you scammer boy?
Speaker 1: Did you just get I think the question is did you ever have any intention of actually going on a date?
Speaker 2: Okay, then now let me ask did you ever have any intention of actually going on a date?
Speaker 3: Edited? So I sound smarter, thanks Jeff.
Speaker 5: I mean I wasn't to go on a date with him. I didn't, Okay, I didn't.
Speaker 4: Have a problem with him.
Speaker 5: It was just like I got the whole couch thing. And then a few days after I met Chad, I came back to the furniture place with some of my friends to pick up the couch because one of my friends the pickup truck whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta have a friend with the truck delivery.
Speaker 3: Yeah you have not evere can afford two thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Probably would have got Jeff doesn't have truck guys in his friend.
Speaker 3: He's like, I just have one of my assistants make me a new couch.
Speaker 1: You want me to come by with my escalade, So.
Speaker 2: You guys know how it works. Okay, you went to the store to pick it up yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was some friends and then what happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I went inside to pay, and who do I see? Chad?
Speaker 1: Why is that that he needs a couch?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you took the couch that he wanted to buy, so he probably had to get a new one.
Speaker 5: Okay, No, he wasn't like shopping. He was asleep on one of the couches, like in the back room area. I didn't even know what to do. He didn't see me, Like he was asleep, he didn't see me.
Speaker 1: Maybe he was just trying to couch out too hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, way, too hard.
Speaker 5: It was so awkward. So I was just gonna leave, but I just asked the cashier. I was like, hey, what's the deal? With that guy on the great couch and he's like, oh, that's the Napper, but like he just said it, like it's a nickname, the nap na what. Yeah, they called him the Knapper.
Speaker 1: The Knapper okay name for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So like apparently he comes in during his lunch break and he takes off his shoes and he takes a literal nap.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Oh, he comes in that often.
Speaker 5: He said that the boss, like the manager lets him do it because like once a month he buys all the employees lunch.
Speaker 4: Oh let him do it.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's a hack.
Speaker 1: So he's sleeping during his lunch break.
Speaker 2: What's going through your mind as they're telling you.
Speaker 5: This, Lucy, I don't want to go out with the napper, like, especially that he has a nickname.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he liked it, Captu. You were on he's tried to all out at the store. Yeah, like he just happened to be talking to the expert and he has a house, like he just goes during his lunch.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it takes money.
Speaker 2: But you're turned off by the idea of a guy who spends every lunch break going into a nap store and hanging out at nap store, well sorry, sorry, furniture store, and earned earned a reputation as a napper.
Speaker 1: Honestly though, rebranding a furniture store to the nap store.
Speaker 2: So well, then everybody's gonna doing.
Speaker 1: I think you should give him a second chance on that line.
Speaker 2: I think you should at least hear him out on what he has to say, Lucy, because he is on the other line right now listening, unless he fell asleep in his sore Yeah, I'm here, Hi, Yeah, hi.
Speaker 5: Chat is so weird that you have a reputation of a guy who naps in public?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't understand what the big deal is.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's like going into a subway and making your own sandwich. You just don't do that.
Speaker 4: And I could go and wait and make my own sandwich. I do it, but I mean it. I mean it's right near my work. They have nice employees, obviously, they have really comfy furniture, so they get new furniture in. I get to test like the couches, and I know which ones are like the softest and the best. And that's why I was like zeroed in on the work you bought.
Speaker 5: You nap on the couch that I bought.
Speaker 4: Ye so much. I wanted to buy it. I told you it was soft the day. I mean, skin cells are gross. We're going to go on a date. I mean you probably have your tongue in my mouth.
Speaker 1: Whoa strong?
Speaker 3: Too much?
Speaker 1: A good nap is really.
Speaker 4: Life? Yeah, that's the way I live. Man.
Speaker 2: We're not talking about if naps are good or not. We're talking about if Lucy is attracted to a man who does that.
Speaker 3: I don't understand so much that he has a moniker, his own nicknacks.
Speaker 1: I still haven't heard a solid reason, Lucy, why this is a turnoff.
Speaker 2: Explain it to Chad.
Speaker 5: Guys, it's weird and it's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's only the Kyle guy who knows about it. You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're not going on dates at the furniture store.
Speaker 5: If you really aren't that embarrassed by why didn't you say that when we met? Why weren't you like, Hey, I really like this couch. I've been sleeping on it for the last three weeks.
Speaker 4: Maybe because you know that's weird. Coach.
Speaker 3: That doesn't sound right.
Speaker 1: You guys sound like you actually have some chemistry here. I don't think that you should let this like get in the.
Speaker 2: Way, And if you're willing to not let it get in the way, then I guess we're willing to pay for it for your next date.
Speaker 5: No, because if I like him, now I'm dating the napper, and I just don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: But he's resourceful, he's friendly, you.
Speaker 2: Know, he knows where tongues go, and hopefully he has enough money to get your couch officially clean, too, Lucy, with all those dead skin cells that he's left.
Speaker 1: On, I would be more worried about the slobbery. Bros.
Speaker 4: Hey, look, I just want to let you know I did not leave any residue on your cat.
Speaker 2: Pretty, you have to say it.
Speaker 3: I tell every girl I talked to you. I did not leave residue on your.
Speaker 2: Couch Jeffrey in the morning. You know, it was interesting to hear broken Alexis' take on.
Speaker 1: That why you were so anti.
Speaker 2: I'm not anti.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it felt like it though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it was just if it was me. And I walked into a store and I saw the person that I was scheduled to date sleeping there, and I found out all of the employees know that person as the sleeper during break it would it's still that would be like, this is kind of weird. I would take a step back.
Speaker 1: And reassessing it's because we've all slept and taken naps in our car before. I feel like he's actually taking a one up from us. But do you know we didn't add Yeah, do you know what we didn't ask those if he was an ugly sleeper because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I also didn't really understand Brooks point that she'd saddle up next to him and spoon him.
Speaker 1: That was testing out of the couch. That's what my husband and I do. We need to know if we both fit on the couch together when were walking TV.
Speaker 2: It's really sweet.
Speaker 1: What is that important?
Speaker 4: I see?
Speaker 2: It's just when I'm looking at the Textport seventy five two, it is split. Some people thought that it was weird. Some people are like, that's awesome. Good for that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Edny buys the employees lunch. Yeah, they're taking it, taking advantage of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why they let it.
Speaker 2: Let's normalize napping and random We're on board.
Speaker 3: You see Brooke a sleep at Old Navy today, Do not judge.
Speaker 2: She wants you to cuddle up right next time.
Speaker 1: Put one of those scarves around now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Goacha had all of our second Date updates where you get your podcasts are available online have broken.
Speaker 1: Jefferson Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning