Speaker 1: The Nicki Gliser Podcast Glaserday.
Speaker 2: Here's Nikki.
Speaker 3: Hello here, I am welcome to the show. It's Nicki Glazer Podcast. Happy new week of shows. It's uh, it's Tuesday where we are still like feel like I feel like it's a Monday Tuesday. Does anyone else feel that way?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like some days we all just agree that. No, you felt like you had a Monday yesterday. Today feels like Tuesday to you.
Speaker 1: It's because it was April fools Day yesterday.
Speaker 3: Is that why?
Speaker 4: Dad?
Speaker 3: My dad is here? Jay Glazers here in studio with me. Yeah, did you get fooled at all?
Speaker 1: No? But I fooled Arlow. But you know, my grandma used to always say, my other day after April Fools, April Fools has finally passed, and you're the biggest fool at last.
Speaker 3: Okay, I love that more anecdotes, But I don't know what to do with that. What is today? It's not even that smart interesting? I know, it's just no, it's okay, But I sometimes don't know what to do with stories that people have where they present them. And then I don't know if I'm supposed to be like I love that or like like you told a story. Dad told a story about his grandmother while we were eating. We were eating Easter brunch dinner, like you know, like a late early dinner. We're all like eating food, putting in our mouths and we're commenting how good it is because my mom made a big salad. But my brother in law mats mom were over at his parents' house, right, my brother in law's parents, So it's like I've never even been there. They've been married for you know, ten plus years. It's just like you're playing on a what's it called when you play you're playing an away game. Yeah, I'm not used to this field, right, and it's different people like I know his parents, but it's just like, you know, you're just on your best behavior a little bit. But I guess my dad had an anecdote to share about his grandmother because he cannot let one pass by. I seriously predicted, like dogs in an earthquake, I start barking. I can feel them coming. I predicted one this weekend that was so good that I heard someone say something and I go and then I literally mouthed my grandmother used to say, as you were saying. My grandmother used to say it was really it was brilliant.
Speaker 1: So I've only got a few stories.
Speaker 3: No, and then this, hold on, I'll get to what you said at dinner. But this weekend you also said a joke or you said a song lyric or something, and I knew the joke. No, I knew the joke. What was the joke that I knew this weekend? And you go, how do you know that joke? Because it was a really obscure joke? And I gase, you've told me a thousands what about.
Speaker 1: The guy who is though you didn't know that one, but the guy Who's.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't know that one. It was a different one. And I got the punchline, and you were like, God, you're just such a great comedic mind. And I'm like, no, I've heard you tell that eight times and you go, there's no way, and I'm like, I would never have figured out this old street joke otherwise. And but this okay. So we're sitting at dinner and we're eating and we're like, God, this is so good, and my what did you say?
Speaker 1: Just know? Well, I just mentioned somebody said to you know, what's what's the secret to it? And I said, my grandma used to say when we'd ask her why something was so good, she said she used to say, I spit in.
Speaker 3: It, but he kept saying it. No, we said it was said twice and there was a final one that really everyone had a full mouth of food and you were like, my grandma just said I would just spit in it. And we're all just like like eating this like salad. It is good and my grandma, but it's not good at dinner. And I'm not one of a person.
Speaker 1: That really you know the family better than you do.
Speaker 3: They know her well, you don't know my aversions that, but I felt I felt gross eating that salad after you said that you didn't do you have that thing where if someone talks about in the gross while you're eating, you can't eat still a little bit, I have it. I didn't think I would have it. And I used to always get really annoyed when people would quit me, quit me, I'm just making up new things. They would make me stop talking about gross things while we're eating. I just feel like, grow up. But it's not even a you can really grow up from. It's not immaturity, it's actual like okay, they're actually thinking about it because some people can change. Yeah, I can change other people can't. I can turn into someone who can be a verb. Yeah, well you can get weirder and more neurotic and worse. I guess is what it is. I think it's cooler to be able to talk about gross things and eat.
Speaker 1: I agree, it's fun.
Speaker 4: I like talking about shut you down if you're like, yeah, you know, I had to go to the doctor and they took blood and then I had to get a sample and they're like, can you not we're eating?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's shame.
Speaker 4: You just stop with shame talk.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I don't want to what's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 3: Like, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Vibe?
Speaker 3: Even though I just did? That's a dad? What's wrong with you for bringing that up? It was just it was just funny.
Speaker 4: Say well, I spit in your food, so now what Yeah, if they do that to me, I go up to people at the gas station and like, I spit in your drink. Just tell them that, even though there's no way I could have. It's a great prink.
Speaker 3: April fools, spit in.
Speaker 4: Your drink before you drink?
Speaker 1: That? Did anyone else anybody else get April fooled at all? Brian No.
Speaker 4: Trump tried to do an April fool where he sent an email to all of his followers saying that he's suspending his campaign. That's pretty funny. Really, yeah he did, God he is.
Speaker 1: He had actually had a sense of humor for a minute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And at the bottom of it it said, I will never surrender, just like just kidding. I'm never surrendered it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what are you doing on the list?
Speaker 4: I just donated a couple.
Speaker 3: Of dollars dollars a month.
Speaker 4: The oil company does it for tax reasons, so the oil company owned.
Speaker 2: Do you get pranked?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 2: A couple of us got pranked on Girls Chap by Kirsten Mom.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that was not God, that was a little too much. She's Kirsten's mom sent her a text that was like, we're over at your house and there's a squirrel loose in the house. The Corey's not home, but dogs are freaking out. And then she just let it sit. She like forgot to relieve the prank. And then Kirston sent us that text and I'm in the middle of talking about something mundane and I'm like, oh no, Kirsten's house is being destroyed, right now I can't really finish this paragraph that I was in the middle of being like, do you guys think my hair would look like cooler if I got maybe some like So the girl's CHD is oftentimes you have to like really read the room first. And that's why we even stated a thing because sometimes you want to go on and just dump what's going on in your life, and you don't have time to catch up on the ninety seven messages that have accrued within three hours that morning. So and that's not even our number, it's literally how quickly it happens. And so you just want to put in your thing. So we we instated a rule where you just say this is a drive by, and that means that you have not had time to catch up. You're just dumping something. So we are not If someone's grandma died and you're talking about how you don't have any clothes, you get forgiven for being out of context because.
Speaker 1: So doing on girls talk, she's not she.
Speaker 3: Just she just sent the text message that her mom sent her and then she didn't tell us that it was April fools. So we're all like, I hope your home's okay, poor girly I know stressed. Yeah, so we were all, yeah, I got I got I got got by that pretty good. I don't like April fools. I don't like pranks. I don't like We've talked about it before, but your brain is malleable to trauma. So when you and trauma can be when you think something horrible has happened, or you think something out of character for someone has happened. So when you see something crazy happen, your brain goes through an event. And then any amount of just kidding, oh my god, it was a joke is not going to repair what the synapse is that just fired to make something new in your brain that will haunt you the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: You know, it's not good for fools. I was starting a company in Denver, Colorado, long ago, and we were selling advertising and we were struggling, and a major sponsor ad was like four hundred dollars. It was a big deal if you sold one. So I went out to lunch and some of the sales reps put a sale in this bin that was a Chinese restaurant that bought the major sponsor ad for Boulder, Colorado, and it was our first map, first thing we had done. So I was like, look at this. We sold a major sponsor ad. So I went up and handed the rep a fifty dollars bill and said, you get fifty dollars. But I looked at the name on the The owner of the restaurant was called was named We Fu You.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 3: It was pretty good, classic, but the races. This guy felt really bad in the seventies.
Speaker 1: Sorry for that.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, that that's pretty good. Yeah, I'm trying to think of times I've been.
Speaker 4: Really on you because We Fu You went on to found Amway Global and now he's.
Speaker 3: Telling you, well, I got got at the Mark Twain Prize. You'll have to see it. Yeah, we got fooled wet. It was really funny. Yeah, yeah, we were What did you say.
Speaker 4: It wasn't actually Kevin Hart.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was. I can't think of someone else who looks like him.
Speaker 1: Gary Coleman.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 3: He's a short black man. No, it was really, it was good, and we all got tricked. It's just so embarrassing to get trick because the worst ones is when you get excited and then you get sad like that. That's what they thought, then the trauma comes after of like, okay.
Speaker 4: Something like if someone told you you got something and then they say, actually you didn't, like that would be just cruel.
Speaker 3: God. I recently lost out on something and I'm not gonna talk about it yet, but I thought I was doing something really really amazing and then it got taken away, and.
Speaker 2: Oh, good ship.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've told you it's not happening. I already told you. Yeah, yeah, I don't care at all, because even though it was the biggest thing I may have done in my whole life career wise, it's like it's just not time. Or like the times I've missed out on meeting Taylor Swift, I thought I was going to meet Taylor Swift, or I thought I was going to meet Travis Kelcey, or you know, I thought, if you want to hear that story, you got to listen to the Diamond Players Special Intrusive Thoughts episode that's behind a paywall five dollars a month if you want to become a Big Money Player's Diamond member.
Speaker 4: Yeah, real gossip about Bosh on this.
Speaker 3: Okay, we don't give it all, right, well we keep it. Get there. If you listen to a truceive thoughts. You know the rules. You keep it there. You don't talk about it on the message board. You don't talk about to other Nicculator podcast fans unless they are like in the Secret of Silence. Yeah, you don't share publicly. It's like our one place where we can really spit fire really is a paywall. It's like twenty minute podcast extra once a month where you get all the time.
Speaker 4: This particular takeaway doesn't hurt as much, I think is because you know, it's not all on you, Like you know, the other people that were involved here are great and are big deals. So it's like fall on me.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, that is true. That softens the blow when it's like a strolective team team failure, I guess or whatever it is, like.
Speaker 1: It's everybody feels shitty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like also, even if it was me, I don't care because I it it doesn't it's okay, I don't. I don't need everything this business has to offer. I think there are some people that are like, I need to make tens of millions of dollars and I've got to play arenas and stadiums or and I have to have my own show like this or have this many followers. I just don't. I don't know why. I don't care about that right now, But I do care about some stuff, and I don't know what the difference is.
Speaker 1: You do care about podcast listeners.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't. Actually, I don't look at the numbers at all. If you know, you might not know this about me, But I don't know how many people listen to the show. It's not that I don't care. I love all my listeners, but it in my mind, I don't even have a number. So if you told me a number, it wouldn't even disappoint me. It would only disappoint me, to be honest with you, because in my mind the number could be infantismal. So I don't like to know numbers. In fact, my dad comes to my shows a lot, and we'll be in the green room beforehand and it'll be like, so, how many tickets you so tonight, which is a normal question to answer.
Speaker 1: Oh no, when it's sold out, I say, so, how big is this theory?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, no, no no, no, this happened one time. Yes, you go, because first of all, if you know your daughter and I don't sell poorly, So it's you weren't stepping into a trap of me being like I didn't sell any tickets, but you did ask, and I was like, I don't want to know. I don't know until I walk out there, because I can't do anything about it. I mean, I guess I could. They asked me to send a video promote my April shows, they being the promoter and company. Yeah, no, the promoter who does like covers a bunch of shows. And they asked me to, like, hey, will you make a video to tell more people about April shows?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And this came through on Thursday, and I had this weekend off, which means no hair and makeup, Like I'm not looking pretty at all this weekend for any reason. And I just don't feel like it. I don't, I don't. I don't know how to make Hey, guys. In April, I'm gonna be in uh, I can't even think of the names right now, Temecula, California. And then I'm gonna be in port or not port Chester. I'm gonna be in New York.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be in Huntington.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Huntington, New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Where else am I gonna be Indiana.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that was just there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, Saint Louis, Missouri, April twenty seventh, Wakekegan, Illinois. It's hard for me to because when I watch other comedians do, though, I kind of go like, how are you gonna make this creative? Because it's so it's just hard to make that fun.
Speaker 1: It's people like it. They want to know, So don't feel don't.
Speaker 3: I did read a good thing about how someone said if you're having trouble promoting yourself, imagine you work for an ad agency and you just got your name in front of you and you like have pretend you're someone else.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that always works. It works for everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really does, if you just do someone else's homework. I used to do with my sisters. This weekend, Anya and I got on the phone and I came up with a marketing scheme for her next album, and she because she was like totally stuck in being like I don't even know what to do and just having those like doubts that you have about yourself, and then I just said a couple of things and she was like, oh my god, that makes so much sense. And I was like, why can't I do this for myself, and then I did. I came up with an idea, but I haven't gotten the video edited yet. I gave it to someone. I had my parents do a review of my show that they saw in Cincinnati to promote. I think that's a good idea to be like, Hey, here's what you're gonna get from Nikki Glazer Good Girl Tour. Final stages of the Good Girl Tour performance and my dad said, I said, what was your favorite part of the show? And my dad said, just you know, having my daughter walk out on stage. Seeing my daughter walk out stage, and I go, okay, well, can you make it an experience that anyone else who isn't fine? I know you just walked in after going to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: I was already interviewed with Greid. If you gave that to people there in your shows, you can let your daughter walk on stage, I.
Speaker 3: Should allow that. For an extra fifty bucks, you can have your daughter come in before the show starts and we can intro her with her favorite song.
Speaker 4: Well, I just didn't want to more than fifty bucks.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to say my favorite part was was My My favorite part was Brian opening. I didn't want to.
Speaker 3: Say that that would have been funny, that would have been good. Yeah, it was, so I gave them that video. But then I realized, like, you kinda gotta be in it to get to get people's.
Speaker 1: Eyes rather than just put up a poster with you.
Speaker 3: Like, if you see just two older people, no offense in a poorly lit kitchen there, no one's gonna be like, what's it like because it's muted for them, right, Like they don't even know the context of it. So I'll have to have some kind of like image first something.
Speaker 4: It's easy. You show you, you show you, yougo, I'm gonna ask my parents blah blah blah. Yeah, and you even have it in the title point of view. You ask your parents about your show or whatever in the title that's on the screen.
Speaker 2: And people want to see your parents, they.
Speaker 3: Do, but they just have to know it's my parents before, like they can't if you just saw them and you're not familiar with my parents. If you know my parents, you'd absolutely stop on the video because they're fucking gold in terms of comedy. But if you don't know them, you just be like, you know, you need shiny things, even I need shiny things. That's why I don't like to be on camera with no makeup and just like a sad gray sweatshirt on it. Just that is not going to catch the eye. That's why I always used to say, like Andrew used to promote his shows or do his cameos like in a dark room, and I'm like, it's fine because you get the job done, but like it does have to be visually interesting. There is a part. Good lighting is essential for good fast oh.
Speaker 4: And fast moving, not really fast, but fast.
Speaker 3: Cuts Taylor Swift, but put her in and I'll get literally anything with her in. It shows up on my feet and people send me stuff all the time.
Speaker 4: What's your feed my feet out? I don't get any Taylor Swift things? Do you not?
Speaker 3: You get Sidney Sweeney's gigantic tits? I get those constantly. Oh, you can teach the algorithm very quickly. They learn that you are fascinated by her boobs. In fact, I have so many they've I've been watching Swidney Swingey so much and her big boobs. But it's not even I'm watching her boobs. I just like her face and like how she talks, like I'm trying to work on an impression of her that was horrible, but I am gonna nail it at some point. But the algorithm thinks I have big boobs because it sent me a targeted ad for ras that are D triple D through like quadruple F and they're like for you, girl, and I'm like, it's targeted ads are so fast.
Speaker 4: What we should do when we get back from break is go into your Instagram, open it up, and then click on the search and see what's being suggested to you right now, let's get care. Yeah, are embarrassing. It can be embarrassing, Like you don't sometimes you don't want your boyfriend or girlfriend to be looking at over your shoulder.
Speaker 3: I read about it on Reddit last night. There was a girl that was like, hey, I saw my boyfriend's Explore page and it was all fourteen year old looking girls. And then every I was like, Okay, he's busted, Like he's definitely looking at that stuff because otherwise it wouldn't show up. And then everyone in the subred it was like, no, they just send me stuff sometimes and I don't even look at that. I'm like, no, I'm sorry. My Explore page kind of freaking nails it. Yeah, okay, so let's look at it when we come back from break right after this. Okay, we're back. I'm pulling up my Explore page. You have to do it too, Brian.
Speaker 4: What does explore it?
Speaker 3: That's like you press on the little magnifying glass right here. Huh. And it has all like different videos that you would like.
Speaker 1: Is that on Reddit? You're talking about our Instagram?
Speaker 3: It's on Instagram? Okay, okay, So my first one is a man in his car and it's like a therapy video and he's it's it just the title is how to Stop Oversharing? So and then there's okay, so let's see there's one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen boxes. I can see how many of those boxes? And thirteen, by the way, Taylor Swift? How many do you think are Taylor Swift? Out of those thirteen?
Speaker 4: Can at least yeah?
Speaker 3: One, two, three, four, five, only five?
Speaker 1: I have two?
Speaker 2: I have two tailors?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, yes, dad, Explorer page.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you pressed a little Paul McCartney.
Speaker 3: Okay, and he's your tail?
Speaker 1: Can I see Christopher Hitchens?
Speaker 3: Okay, he's another tail Richard Dawkins, yep, Okay, you're like coming out of this pretty well. Any any sexy materials?
Speaker 1: I don't have my glasses on written can I.
Speaker 3: See any sexy material?
Speaker 2: Is that what you just said?
Speaker 3: Like if there's any like, oh no, it's like Paul McCartney, Okay, there's one girl that's kind of like hot, but it's like a prank show or something, Billy Crystal, Paul McCartney. You have three Paul McCartney's. You have George Harrison, you have a Ricky Gervais, you have a Jerry Garcia, and you have a Bill Hayter, and you have Eckart Tole who's wow, the power of Now guy who talksk force literally holds the key to my happiness in his brain. And I cannot get through any of the books because they are too they're the wording is just too I don't know, it doesn't connect with me. And then I try to listen to him.
Speaker 1: Talk and like, who is he a self helped Gut yourself radio?
Speaker 3: Let me let me neross.
Speaker 4: Power of Now.
Speaker 1: It sounds like Robert F. Kennedy. I can't listen. Robert F.
Speaker 3: Kennedy is a different Like that's a damage. This is just a.
Speaker 4: Inside yourself, take one step.
Speaker 2: Oh, nailed it?
Speaker 3: Going everyone people like get better because of that voice. Okay, then I have a.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: I often have a lot of people who I've talked about this before, disfigured people, people who are gravely obese and who are living with like bodies that make them very noticeable in public and maybe feel shame, but they're like they're really uh outspoken about it. So like I have really people who are horribly disfigured or really really obese talking about like I love myself. So I have a lot of that, which I think is good.
Speaker 4: Do you have reason there?
Speaker 3: That's a funny choice for that one. Yeah, horribly disfigured. No, that was a safe one because you don't want to make someone who actually is ugly. I have Holly Madison talking about probably Huefner raping her. I have And then I have a lot a lot of glute workouts.
Speaker 4: That's ye.
Speaker 3: That looks like a pervy dude because it's all women and their glutes.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Do you watch workouts on Instagram?
Speaker 3: Tons?
Speaker 4: Tons?
Speaker 3: And do I do that?
Speaker 4: No? What do you mean like a preview of it? Because it's only like a preview or a highlight of a glute worker.
Speaker 3: It's just like mean Irish woman yelling at me about like, if this is the way you're doing your glutes on the right track, you girls are wasting your time in the gym if you're not doing a lean forward, what are you even doing? And she she does not sound like that, but she is really aggressive and really mean, and I love her because she just like yells at you about thinking you're cool at the gym. And and I've become obsessed. We'll talk about it in a second. I've become literally my new obsession is fixing my pelvic tilt, which has a lot to do with my glutes.
Speaker 1: You know what that is? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know about pelvic tilt.
Speaker 1: Yeah you do. Well.
Speaker 4: I had chronic pelvic pain for six years, so I know everything you can do with a pelvis.
Speaker 3: What kind of pelvic tilt did you have?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I just know, posh, I don't know. I just know an exercise, several pelvic tilt exercises I'd have done in the past.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I need to know what tilt you have because I've my dad and I got it from a data we have posterior pelvic tilt. No, it's not a fault. I don't have any pain from it. Let me be very clear. Posterior pelvic pit tilt it's when you're pelvis. If your pelvis is neutral, it's just like this. If you're watching the video right, it's like a board is just floating neutrally in the air. And if you have posterior pelvic tilt, that means that board goes like this and your glutes tuck under and it tips forward. Or no, no, that's sorry, that's anterior posterior is this is back. So if you're if your hips are like a buck of water, there's water spilling out of your back because your pelvis.
Speaker 4: Is tilted, and then makes you look smaller.
Speaker 3: It makes your butt look so small. So this is seriously changed my life because my whole life I've been like, I know, I don't have no butt, but for some reason, when I do have a butt, it never shows up. And why do some girls have like such a small butt but you can still see it. There's like there's their back and then it goes whoop and there's a slope and then their butt. It's because they have anterior pelvic tilt, which is what most people are trying to leave. Posterior pelvic tilt is the other one, and it makes your butt go under and it look makes you look like a banana because your hips are going forward and your and your butt is tucked in. And I am on a mission to reverse my posteria pelvic delt, which I've had my entire life because we saw videos from my childhood.
Speaker 4: You saw the tilt this weekend.
Speaker 3: I had it at eleven.
Speaker 1: Can you achieve that though that's really doable.
Speaker 3: It's going to be so difficult, and it really is an hour of added stretching and rolling out and concentrated strength. Told me, he said yeah, he said he would just say, don't even know. Pretty much everyone told me that it's not going to be possible, like all my teachers and stuff. But I've become like obsessed with Tom Brady because of the rolling out, because of the stretching and pliability method that he's obsessed with. And TB twelve also has posterior pelvic tilt.
Speaker 1: Twelve is this is there a book out that shows Yes.
Speaker 3: There is a book and I got it and I'm reading it religiously and pouring over every word. I'm obsessed with Tom Brady. It's not an athlete. Oh, Brian, I don't even he's going to get his coffee. I got mine too. It's a gigantic book. It is a bible, it's a textbook. Oh he's getting his. I have mine with me too. Mind's a half one.
Speaker 1: Rolling of muscles, the stretching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't literally carry it on. Yeah, okay. So because I'm fixing this posterior pelvic tilt, I always have to be aware of what my uh pelvis is doing and to in order to keep my pelvis in the right position. I always have to be thinking about it. It's not something that I can let go of, Like you have to be focused because I will always go back to tipping. Yeah kind of. But it's very hard to maintain that when you're doing a thirty minute workout on a treadmill where you're like trying to actually exert yourself in other ways. So I went from doing a really intense workout thirty minutes walking on an incline, running on an incline, so brutal, so good, and now I walk at a gingerly three miles per hour at a very small incline because I have to keep this posterior pelvic tilt. It is slowed down. Everything, all of my pilates is now like I look like the biggest beginner because I will not do any exercise in which my pelvis is not in the right spot and it's so hard to keep it there.
Speaker 1: So now your stomach will stick out.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what they say, but I if you tone your abs right, it will not stick out, because you got if you don't have a pooch, it won't stick out, and I'd rather have it stick out. I love that duck walk where girls just have a that butt sloping off and like the belly in the front. I like that look. I want that look. But how did you find out about TV? Because I remember you talking to me about Tom Brady's workout.
Speaker 4: Oh. When I was diagnosed to that heart condition, I was told I can no longer lift heavy weights, and so I went on a search for a resistance SPAN's workout and it just so happened to coincide with when TV twelve came out, and so I got it. Yeah, and so I got all the resistance Span stuff. Well, actually it was a little bit after that so I got the resistance Span stuff in like twenty nineteen, and then if you're a call, the next your COVID happened and all that we Yeah, COVID happened in twenty twenty, and the gym's closed. You couldn't go to the gym anymore. And then there was a run on things like resistance Span, right, and you couldn't get them. They were all this backlock supply chain. My god, but I already had all the TV twelve stuff at home, and I had canceled my gym membership because of the heart condition. What so TB twelve saved me from being able to work out throughout COVID.
Speaker 3: So with all my stuff, how much I haven't gotten way into the book, but I'm familiar with Like he talks about pliability more than like before him. He yeah, he became says he met this this body mechanics guy named Alex something, Yeah, and he taught him about this really important part of you know, athletic healing and training, which is pliability. Like you got to get into the muscles and like mash them up and make them gummy so that they're able to stretch, and then they're able to be pliable so that the tendon that might have the injury on it is not being pulled. All the other muscles are stretched out so that tendon isn't being pulled by those muscles around it. So he does this method. Like I was watching this video last night of him with his other teammates and he's trying to get them on board with it, and they're all just like whatever. Man, he's like getting rubbed out in massage, and I'm just like, why would they not trust Tom Brady? A person that went in and was the one hundred and ninety ninth pick, sixth round draft pick, had no business ever becoming the Tom Brady we know has like not a natural athletic. Bill didn't have really any natural talents that people were like these are. I mean, he has natural challes, but he doesn't have He's tall, but he doesn't have a Bill. Yeah, but he's tall, but he does not. If you look at his draft report, it's abysmal in terms of describing his body.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, they really ripped into his body, it was described. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, you know who else is the athlete that totally did all that? Like Djokovic, who's getting old and he is a big proponent of flexibility and some instructor from his home homes countries. I guess it's he's from Sarajevo or something anyway, but this and has been his mentor for thirty years. And yeah, it's all about stretching and how flexible he is. Now, your flexibility is huge.
Speaker 4: There's this amazing video of Patrick mahomes trainer where he was tackled during the playoffs in a really awkward way where he bent over kind of like a crab walk, you know what I'm saying, Like his hands are protruded and he's on his on it like basically doing a crab walk. And he was tackled and pushed that way forcefully and he just like hopped up and he was fine. So then his trainer posted a video on Instagram being like, the reason why Patrick Mahomes didn't get hurt on that play is because of this, and then he showed a supercut of Patrick Mahomes practicing that stretch over and over again. Yeah, for like five years.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what they do.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 3: That's what Tom does, is like he practices the like you know when you're lifting weights, Like how often are you lifting things like this in your life? Or like like this, we do this in bilodies all the time. You have to do actual movements that your body really does. But do you roll out, Brian.
Speaker 4: As much as I should?
Speaker 3: But I rolling out is fucking next level, dude. Chris has been obsessed with rolling out for so long, and I just have to watch him roll out for like forty minutes, Like We'll just be watching TV and he's rolling out the ball he has so long he could do like a a project, a sixth grade project of the planets with all the balls he has in this bag, the different sizes.
Speaker 4: I swear to.
Speaker 3: God, a diorama, and I'm rolling out right now. I have one underneath my thigh because you should always be rolling out, like I love holding it in a place and sometimes I'm not kidding you, like you're if you are a sober person and you want to trip a little bit, hold on to a pressure point around your hips or something on a lay on a ball, breathe and then become dead weight, Like you don't realize that you're tensed up so much because it hurts. But if you let yourself be you really breathe and let it go and become dead weight and let that ball get into that area. You will see stars and be transported into that solar system that Chris Coffey has in that bag. I swear to God I have. I was in Bloties yesterday and there was one stretch I did that I was just like h and I was just like, hold on, I have to hold it. And I might have held it for like it was probably seven seconds longer, but it felt I just I like I was seeing things.
Speaker 1: This is just rolling out on a foam roller, just rolling your muscles.
Speaker 3: You can use the vibration roller, yeah, or that that vibrates vibrates.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, I don't agree with the vibrating aspect of it. I feel like the vibrating aspect is going to in the future be revealed to be bad for you, sort of like how Lacroix is going to give you some kind of problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would have been revealed by now.
Speaker 4: But no, they just did it for viamin water zero, for the sugar they put in vibin water zero. They said it's always been bad, right, No, they thought that enterteam was bad, and now they're like Oh, by the way, uh, Stevia Stevia. I guess it's it's sort of like Stevia is they Now there's all these studies that are like, don't drink gatorade zero, don't drink vitamin water zero because that sugar is also going to give you cancer. And it's like.
Speaker 3: Mony, you wrote me about an AT and T leak. Did you guys hear about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They got they got hacked, And I go, what am I supposed to do? Like erase my text now that could be incriminating?
Speaker 1: AT and T is going to provide everybody with the software to prevent.
Speaker 2: Class action lawsuit? Baby?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then isn't that like we all get nineteen cents when it's said and done or something.
Speaker 4: Do you have AH for AT and T?
Speaker 3: For what family plan with Lauren and Matt?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So data passwords? I can't choose another password for Christ's sake, like I can't remember all this ship.
Speaker 4: Do a past phrase? Yours is yours should be easy. You should just do a past phrase, Okay, lyric think of a Okay, the first letter of each word is your password. So if the Taylor Swift work is that's good. Yeah, and then just to just to give yourself symbols.
Speaker 3: Or it was good until we talked about it on a live podcast.
Speaker 4: Here's a number in it, and pick a symbol to put on either end or in the middle of it, just like an exclamation point.
Speaker 3: My joke used to be, I'm tired of coming up with new passwords because it's always like you have to have your dead dog's name, and then you have to be excited about it because you had to put an exclamation mark. Be like.
Speaker 4: You has to be.
Speaker 3: Excited about all your dead animals or speedo? Is that you to question mark?
Speaker 4: I should be a question mark?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, what are you gonna do? What can I can't do anything with that. When she alerted me of that, I was just like, I just can I not care? Is this one that I can just sit out and not be like, honey, we need to change everything? Can I just like let me be hacked?
Speaker 1: You know there are like seventy million people that are hacked.
Speaker 3: Seventy three million, Yeah, something that people get hacked like every week.
Speaker 2: I feel like this has happened recently.
Speaker 3: I know. I guess I should just like stop sending nunes send more so because Now this is the time.
Speaker 1: There's a password that I use and I still use it on some things, but it says this password has been breached. You shouldn't use this anymore.
Speaker 4: And I tell you that, Oh my god, I got lots of breach passwords. But all you have to do is on all of your important things, just make two factor authentication and you should be okay. So like, if you on your inst that good.
Speaker 3: Though. You know why that sucks is because if you lose your phone, you're fucked because everything gets sent to your phone. So if you go to your laptop to be like, okay, I'll get in my email on my laptop, we send a code to your phone. Well, that phone is with someone in South Saint Louis now because it got ripped out of my hands and it's been twenty minutes, they're probably gone back.
Speaker 4: And you go that you bring that to the cloud. You know they can, but the tooth off.
Speaker 3: The two whatever AUTHENTI act two factor, it's always sending to your phone. What are you supposed to do if you lose your phone, everything gets sent to your phone.
Speaker 4: Well, your phone should be backed up on the cloud. And then if you get a new video it's.
Speaker 3: Not because, oh, speaking of fucking TV. I just bought uh like thirty more terabytes of storage on the cloud because I just don't even know what to do. They just every so often your cloud is full. What do I do? I spend thirty more dollars a month for more terabytes? Do I need any of the stuff I have? I don't know, because I don't. I'm not aoy who has a computer head. I don't know how to I want to get around.
Speaker 2: I don't know from pictures and videos, it's probably automatically.
Speaker 3: I play a lot of guitar and take videos for like ten minutes at a time, so I bet it's just like really long videos of me playing music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I do go through every so often, but then it's usually when it starts going like it's full, you're gonna have to upgrade. No matter how much you delete, you're always getting that alert soon after again, like once it starts coming. I think people will relate to what I'm saying. You can't escape it. It is like you can push it off, but that Jehovah's Witness is just going around the block and it's gonna be at your door. Again saying you're full of storage, delete more videos, and then you start deleting videos of your niece that you'll never get back, and you know, like that's when I just go I can't. I guess I'm just gonna pay thirty more dollars a month to Google for the rest of my life. But I mean, when will I ever catch this chart?
Speaker 1: Thirty bucks a month seems like a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because the options are two terabytes or ten, so there's no five terabyte range, there's no six you either pay.
Speaker 1: I pay five bucks, fifteen bucks a month.
Speaker 3: I pay fifteen.
Speaker 4: Minutes now, and now I'm gonna pay thirty for Apple.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well now I'm paying thirty a month because I had to go up to ten terrbytes. So if anyone wants to, you can store a bunch of child porn. I mean, what, the only thing I hear terabyte is when I'm hearing about reports of childborn I've never heard of terrabyte in any other context until I got this email. So I'm like, I guess I'm on the dark webling terrorbytes of stuff? What could this be? And by the way, my phone can't hold thirty terabytes, so this cloud thing is an illusion. Every time I try to ever watch a video on any of my stuff, it always has to it doesn't load because it's if it's too far back, if it's more than a year back, it's just loads all day. They get you useless.
Speaker 4: To me, you're hooked. There's nothing you can do anymore.
Speaker 1: And I'm.
Speaker 4: It's like, no matter how much you eat, it's never going to go down that you're up that high. God, you're stuck. You're in the clouds.
Speaker 3: Yep, I just yeah, you buy it.
Speaker 4: Is so much though Nikki, Microsoft has ten terror bytes on their entire service, I think outsource company to get your But I'm tired of.
Speaker 3: Seeing that fucking thing pop up. And I'm tired of deleting things that I might need, like I deleted. I accidentally deleted one of my guitar videos. I remembered was a song that I had written and I had put nowhere else. So now I'm just putting my songs in my voice memos. I'm not filming them anymore. I'm only just filming practices. It's just like, you just can't fucking win. And by the way, who I'm not going through any of this footage. I have like three printed pictures in my entire house. I rarely go through my photos. If it ever happens, it's because my phone has decided to remind me of a memory when I was younger and hotter on a day where my period's about to start and I don't really need to see that shit. Yeah, it's just a year ago. Do you ever get the year ago?
Speaker 1: All the time?
Speaker 3: Message? This is what you looked like, and this is how happy you were or whatever you were doing a year ago.
Speaker 4: And for me, it's always like, here's you when you're in the woods.
Speaker 3: Ah, this is a montage of you. Like it's called in the woods.
Speaker 4: They like name it that among the trees. Yeah, it's like the same thing that would happen if I was missing.
Speaker 3: I speaking of in the Woods or like I was gonna say, stick Season. There's a song I love called stick Season and by Noah Kahn, and I became obsessed with it, I think last year. But it's a huge song, hit song. I played it for you before, Dad.
Speaker 1: He's really good. I saw him.
Speaker 3: He's amazing. Oh you liked him, Yeah, he's so good. But he blew up because of that song on TikTok and I was listening to this podcast that I discovered this weekend. I had heard about it before, and I think they have a TV show too. It's called Song Exploder, and they just talked to a band's about one song. It's like a twenty minute podcast to talk to the artist about how this song came to be, in the process behind recording it and making it. And he was talking about that one and he was in La recording like a pop popish kind of album, which he's been trying to do since he got a record deal right out of high school and it didn't go as planned. And he's from Vermont. He was out in La and putting the final touches on this album that he was not feeling good about. It wasn't like his authentic sound that he wanted to sound like, and he was feeling really lonely and he was and I like him as an artist because in his music he talks a lot about being depressed and like anxious and wanting approval. It's just very honest stuff. And he was saying that he was like feeling I'll finish this.
Speaker 4: Story when I get back.
Speaker 3: So Noah Khan's talking about what this pop. This song that was like one of the best. It was nominated for Song of the Year at the Grammys this year. He didn't win, but it was definitely worthy of a nomination. And he was wanting to get some attention on TikTok because he was feeling lonely in his airbnb in la and he just wrote the verse to this the song, and then he put it on TikTok and it was just the first verse, not even a chorus, and then he went to bed and he was like kind of scrolling and looking at it and like it's getting barely anything, and he's like, I'm such a loser, Like this is a verse about being a loser, because I wanted to be honest about how I'm feeling, and now it's like not even doing anything. And then he went to bed and he woke up in the morning and it was like had five hundred comments, which was like a ton for him, for anyone, and then it just blew up after that and everyone's like, we want the chorus, give us the whole song, and he's like, I don't even have a whole song. This was just like a little diddy thing. So he's like Okay, fuck, I have to like write the rest of it. So then he wrote the chorus and then he put that out and they were like, we love this, and he's like, oh god, no, after write second first and a bridge, and so it was just because of putting it out there, he had to finish it because people were demanding it and thinking that there was more to be to than he was holding something back. But he hadn't even written it. So I thought it was really interesting.
Speaker 1: So if you put something on Instagram like that, it couldn't somebody just steal that song from him and say I wrote this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then it would be archived as him having had it.
Speaker 4: People have done that with my cartoons. I had my big al Ford f one fifty video someone shared on Reddit and it was on the front page of Reddit. It was the number one thing on Reddit for like a day, and they didn't tag me. No one knew it was mine. It got like hundreds and hundreds of thousands of rude and then people in the comments were like, we need to find tag this person. It's this is Brian Frandi's video, blah blah blah, and like let's and then a lot of people like in solidarity, subscribe to me on YouTube because I was fucked over, but like one percent of the people followed me on YouTube that would have Yeah, I tagged.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it wasn't stolen. I mean there's still it was absolutely stolen in terms of that person got a lot of up votes on their account, but no one and maybe people did think that person had posted.
Speaker 1: But what do up votes do for you? It just on your kids, goes back to your credit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like if you post something and get up votes, or if comment gets up votes, you just get It's it's meaningless. It's kind of a joke, just like like on Instagram exactly. It's just like likes.
Speaker 4: It's a yeah, but it all builds towards you having a bigger following.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and your posts helped create what is popular and read it. So I upvote things all the time to be like I'm voting just move. You're pretty much voting of like what you think is cool.
Speaker 4: And encouraging social media capital, which is intrinsically worthless but ultimately leads to real life things.
Speaker 1: Yes understood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I guess. Yeah. There was another song Exploder. I listened to the song I'm currently obsessed with called the Birthday Party by the nineteen seventy five, and I really liked I found it from read it. Actually, I found this song, so I read it suggests threads to look at, and nineteen seventy five is always one that they're just showing me random. I don't listen to the nineteen seventy five a lot. I obviously knew Matt Healy dated Taylor Swift and I like some of their songs, but there was this one that was like, what's your favorite nineteen seventy five lyric? And I always read those posts because I just I like lyrics. And one of them was like I thought I was in hell in a in a boring conversation with a girl named mel about her friend in Cincinnati named Maddie as well, And it was just cool because it was like Maddie Naddy as well, and it was just a cool rhyming scheme. And I was like, oh, that sounds like an interesting lyric. And it's the song called the Birthday Party. It's just about these mundane conversations and like that he's having with people at this birthday party, and one of them is like he runs into his friend and they were like he tells Maddie. Maddie being the guy from the band, He's like, oh, yeah, my friends were gonna go to your Pine Grove show, but they didn't know about all the weird shits, so they just left. And like about I relate to that because people tell me rude things about people coming to my shows all the time. They'll be like, oh my god, I was sitting next to this person who hated you. They left halfway through the show. That was my favorite part of the show, is watching these people leave, And I'm just like, that was your favorite part of the show. Why did you even tell me that? So I liked that lyric too. But he said this really interesting thing in the song Exploder episode about writing that song in particular, is that if he writes a lyric that makes him go like like cringe and go like, oh my god, that's so lame, then he has to keep it in cause he can't do he can't change any lyric to preserve his ego, which I really like. So there's this one lyric that says he goes, can we go somewhere I'll be recognized? Essentially, it's not the lyric exactly, but he's like, hey, I'm feeling depressed. Can we go somewhere well where people know who I am? And he left that and you could tell that was like a placeholder, but he probably left it in because he's like, I can't take it out because if I take it out, I'm protecting me being desperate for attention, which is the true thing. And I thought that was I just like artists being like, yeah, I like that note. You just scoffed at that you don't like when people know it's just great.
Speaker 1: I was just reading Jeff Tweety's book How to Write One Song, and he talks about when you can't if you're struggling with lyrics, just mumble something, and he says, invariably, I leave the mumbles end all the time, and that's where you get a lot of the nonsense sicoal lyrics.
Speaker 3: So everyone writes, I've learned. What I've been studying is that they come up with a thing and they're like, since Bensen the Well and then I got stuck in a bell, like it just comes out from mumbling, right, which is I would never have thought how people.
Speaker 1: Can find some of it. Some of it you just leave in and say yeah.
Speaker 3: Because a word will just come out that you're like, oh, that just fits perfectly, and it just comes out of nowhere.
Speaker 4: Getting stuck in a bell here so hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, well I can imagine that could be a Yeah, that could be a metaphoric thing of being stuck in a bell. It's like clanging around. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it really paints a picture. But yeah, I think that's I think that's a good thing to do, is that if something, if you want to take something out, or if you want to like not say something because it'll be like it'll make you look stupid. Nope, you gotta keep it. And I think that's a cool rule for an artist.
Speaker 1: Crazy artistic rule.
Speaker 3: And it really is, well, it makes it. It honestly makes him look foolish sometimes, and he is like a really vulnerable performer. And I think that's why I'm becoming kind of obsessed with the nineteen seventy five.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of nineteen seventy it's a band.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every song they have sounds different, which I think is actually really cool too. It's like you can't really pin a sound on them. If they're any best that are nineteen seventy five fans I'm going song by song. I'm becoming obsessed with each song as I go. I can't really take on a whole bunch. But if you like a specific If I like Change of Heart, Birthday, Party, the City and Girls, what's the next song I should listen to? That's what I want to know. Final thought, Dad, do you have any recent obsessions?
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, can I kindly interrupt mister Glazer Before we got started on the podcast, you were going to tell me about a certain autographed item that oh we never got.
Speaker 1: Well, I was on a plane. I was flying to the We were lucky enough to go to the can Film Festival for a few years, the Independent Film Channel channel used to take us over there. So we were flying first class over to Nice, France, and we're in the ambassador lounge in LaGuardia and we see Ringo walk by, and we're like, Ringo Stars.
Speaker 3: My dad's a huge Beatles fan, right, the biggest one.
Speaker 1: And then we saw ivon a trump walk by. And then and so we got on a plane and I walked by the plane and Ringo is sitting two seats in front of me in first class service, and so I thought it ruined my whole flight. It's a nine hour flight. My heart was like pulpitating. I'm sitting there like, Okay, when Ringo goes to the bathroom, I'm good. I've got to I'm not a person to bug celebrities, but I thought, when Ringo goes to the bathroom, I've got to go up and stand in line so when he comes out, I'll see him. And so I was sitting in here planning the whole time. You know, they're serving wine, they're serving you know, hot, hot towels on your face and all this beautiful service, and I was just kind of not even enjoying any of it because I wanted to get Ringo and he never surfaced. So then the flight ensued.
Speaker 3: This guy knows how to hold his peace, so he's not bothered.
Speaker 1: So I found out subsequently, and I'll tell the story first. But so my big chance was after they served the meal and they've watched the movies and everything, the lights of the pilot says, okay, we're going to turn the lights out from now so everybody could get some shut eye before we land in Nice. And it's like two hours away from Nice, and so right when the lights went out, if you know the Beatles White album Ringo. At the very end of the John Lennon's song called good Night, Ringo says.
Speaker 4: Good night, everybody, everybody, everywhere.
Speaker 1: Good night. Would that's what I said, you did? So as soon as the lights went out and the pilot said that, I went good.
Speaker 4: Night, everybody, everybody, everywhere, good night, And.
Speaker 1: The whole plane erupted in lefter my section, and I thought Ringo would at least look up and look look back at me. I got nothing. So the stewardess came over. The stewardess came over. The stewardess came over, and I said, hey, so what happened. Where's Ringo? She said, he's he took a drug. He's knocked out. He has headphones on and he has a sleep advisor on and he's been knocked out.
Speaker 4: The whole flight a Nick Laser impression.
Speaker 1: Exactly, So no, he didn't get to see it.
Speaker 3: So anyway, landed in My god, wait, how did did it just occur to you today that when the lights went off? Or were you like I will.
Speaker 1: Just came to me because it was I don't know, yeah, I guess. But anyway, so we landed a niece. You know, after the flight at six in the morning there, everybody's totally tired. It's two o'clock in the morning our time or whatever. And uh, Ringo and Evana Trump are standing there right in front of the baggage thing where the bag baggage is coming out. We're all waiting, and a friend of mine was with us, and I'm like, I'm not going to ask for an autograph. So he said, I'll go get one for you. And he's kind of a goof. He was saying, was Ringo a drummer? And I'm like, yeah, get out of here.
Speaker 3: Oh god, you said that guy?
Speaker 1: That was right. So he walked over and said, hey, my friend really wants an autograph, and so so Ringo Ringo gave hi an autograph and he said would you personalize it? And Ringo said, I don't personalize. He said he'd really like it, and Ringo said, do you want the autograph or not? And I think that was the death knell for Ringo saying autographs. I'll never give another autograph after he.
Speaker 3: Said no more peace and love.
Speaker 1: No. It was shortly thereafter. But anyway, one of the last one, the weird thing was we're all waiting for our baggage. Everybody wants to get the hell out of there, and of course ring Os bag came out first. I've on a Trump's bag came out first. They they both exit the airport and we're sitting there for another twenty minutes waiting for our bags. Right, celebrities get that kind of treatment. It was pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Well, well that fucking dick. I hate. I hate when people get an attitude when they're already asking for something for free and in conveniencing this person. I sort of got our meat and greets. My biggest peppeeve. I only have really one, and you know, aside from people grabbing my ass when they shouldn't or like grazing it when they know.
Speaker 4: What they're doing.
Speaker 1: Good question, bru, that's a good point. Every tenth person is.
Speaker 3: Sometimes if a girl asked, like, can I do no, I would never really want anyone to grab my ass because I'm still working on my pelvic tilt. But it's hard to find.
Speaker 4: You I would, but I'm working on my pelvic tails.
Speaker 3: Well that's what anyone does. Grab my ass, I know it's actually not by accident, like oh I just touched it because it's like you gotta go looking for it. It's it's like you gotta gotta press it under. Yeah, you have to go on. What's pe So my biggest pet peeve is when Matt is Matt is my tour manager, taking these people's cameras to take photos, and he does a good job, and it's always a girl. No offense girls, but what the fuck? I know you have a good side, and I know you like the picture be taken from above. Just say it politely. Hey, can you do you mind if you do a higher angle? That would be so great, Thank you so much. That's how you ask for that, Not higher angle, please? Higher angle? Is this guy new? Has he never photographed a woman before? And then grabs it from him, looks at it and goes, no, not even, and then hands it back and like this is a common I'm not kidding you. It's a common. I would say twice every meet and greet, there is a woman. It's never been a man. I would say it was a man if it's ever been a man. But men do not care about that.
Speaker 1: We don't have good sides.
Speaker 3: Inside your wallet and so that's all you're good for because you make more than us, okay, so, but but yeah, there's always a woman that's like one or two women that goes, this is horrible looking, uh, or we need to do this again and no, please, no thank you, and I will say sorry. I'm sure, besties, it's one hundred percent of you say thank you after you get your phone back from Matt. But I would say ninety percent of people do not say thank you to Matt when he hands back their phone after he takes a picture. And it's like, do you think this person works for you? Do you think this person they work for me? And they're but like, just say do you not say thank you to people when they bring your food?
Speaker 1: Maybe they're just excited and they distrustle, so I.
Speaker 3: Will give them. It's it's time limited, Like it's fine if you don't say thank you, it literally is fine because you're just being you're kind of being rush you have to go get your coat. I totally understand it's nervous. But when you are not nervous and you don't say thank you, because this are always people unclocking that are very comfortable in this environment and like to come up to me and be like I just want to have like a moment with you, Like this is not that big of a deal to me, Like I just want to we don't even need the picture, Like I just want to like hang, like have a real moment. Those there's always a that's men. Men will do that to like make me, I think, go like really, like you want to get to know me. Oh my god, You're so different than the other men. Most of men want to take a picture. You want to just have a conversation with me. That wastes more of my time when I'm hungry and I've been on stage already for an hour and a half and heals and now I'm out here taking a picture and you're the last person in line, and you purposely were the last person because you wanted to get that extra time with me, because somehow it's a gift to me.
Speaker 1: They paid good money to do it.
Speaker 3: No, they did not. They did not pay money to take up ten minutes of my time. At the very end of the line, I'm talking to a very specific man. Don't defend men, and we're trying to creep on me. That's so rude. I am talking about a specific man who waits and lets people go in front of him. So that they can have extra time at the end. It happens probably once every five shows. A man tries to wait till the end because they know it'll be that there's not someone after them. They're being courteous because they want more time, and then they they.
Speaker 1: A well that has happened.
Speaker 3: And I don't mind that, because that's fine, But like if you just if you're trying to finagle for more time, you're not being respectful of my time, because a meet and greet isn't a ten minute conversation. It could be if you're a girl who's crying and telling me that I helped you with your eating disorder or whatever it is, and like we have a moment, of course I'll grant you that time. But if you're just a guy who feels entitled to my time and you're not really a fan of stand up comedy, you just like female comics. I see who you follow, I see the messages like you just like female comics. And not because we have like a different brand of comedy, but because we are more accessible to you than models and pop stars, because we are more desperate for fans, and because we give you more, we talk to you intimately, in a podcast setting. You don't You're never gonna be my boyfriend, and I don't feel closer to you. And this is not to say that people that listen to this podcast would not be my friend, because you one hundred percent would, but this and I am not talking to ninety nine point nine to nine percent of people listening to this podcast right now. It is just I'm done with that creep guy. I'm done with him. I really can't do it anymore. It's going to ruin the met and greet for me because.
Speaker 4: It's been happening on the website. No creep guys, No creeps.
Speaker 3: And sometimes they're your biggest fan. You don't know they're creepy.
Speaker 1: To make sure the last personal lines of female all the time.
Speaker 3: That's a good that's actually a good call. That's a really good call because it always is a man. I mean, Brian. We even had a great, great fan come out to a show recently who has been to many shows. Amazing fan has documentation, t shirts, everything to prove that they've been to so many. I even recognize them kind of, it's true, they have been to so many.
Speaker 4: I don't know about what we're doing. We're talking about it.
Speaker 3: Why I got assaulted. He grabbed my ass, and I couldn't say anything about it because at that point we had already talked to them for ten minutes yeah, and and been like great to see you again. And then we go to the picture and he puts his hand on my ass, not a grab, but a firm hand on the ass, like nothing, because at that point we've built up all this rapport and I just want to go be done.
Speaker 1: And if I were to say his arm and elbow.
Speaker 3: It just wasn't. I didn't think the picture would take that long, and it ended up taking longer.
Speaker 1: So it's just like elbowing right in a stomach no.
Speaker 3: Because then he keels over. Then his wife goes what's happened? And then now his wife is like, wait, you grabbed her ass? Wait what? I didn't know you were doing that kind of thing. And yes, I know this perpetuates it and makes men get away with this kind of behavior, but it's just not my job. I just like, I just want to go eat my dinner.
Speaker 4: This is why the creepy capsha is perfect, because you don't have to know that you're a creep in order to fail the capture for you when you're signing up for VIP tickets to get the meet and great, there should be a capsha, but you have to solve wait, proves.
Speaker 3: You're not a creep, okay, instead of identifying stop signs or or motorcycles. It's women's boundaries. Yeah, it's just like which woman doesn't want to be touched right now? And it's just our different faces.
Speaker 4: There's a woman at the gym with headphones in on the treadmill, and it goes touch this places where you should talk to and then you just have to touch all the ones that aren't her.
Speaker 3: Yes, that is such a good idea, a creep capture. And let me say again, this is not Most people do not come to my meet and greet thinking I Am going to think you're one of these people. Even if you are a man going alone and you are a major fan and you do feel like we're friends, that can totally all be true and you are not a creep. So it's a problem because most creeps who think they're creeps are not. Here's how to know if you're a creep or that you're not a creep. If you think maybe you've creeped me out before, you're not a creep because creeps don't consider that. They really don't. When me was going on, I had so many guy friends being like, I'm really worried that I might have meetuned someone back and I go, no, you didn't, because you're worried about it, like me too, men. And then I was here men that I've definitely done that, being like I haven't done anything, and I'm like, you don't even think you have. So it's really one of these problems that the people that are worried to address it are don't need to be most of the time.
Speaker 4: Sorry, God, can I say something? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So at the in Cincinnati, we did a show at the hard Rock Casino and afterwards, this is the whole family reunion. I went and played and gambled blackjack all night long, I heard and it was cool because there were several people on the floor who came up to me throughout the night, even as late as like two am, and we're like, hey man, great show. And I was like, oh cool, I get. It's almost like I have a little bubble of celebrity on the casino floor because the people had seen the show in that casino.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 4: So that was fun. But there was this guy at the blackjack table who was This is an example. It's not a creep, but it's the example of that mentality where you're just like, what the fuck is wrong with this guy. He's getting defensive about him about even being accused of being something. He was at the table and you're not allowed to take your phone out when you're playing blackjack because the casino thinks that you're using it to film the cards and then you can use a computer to predict what cards gonna come out next. And he kept taking his phone out and the dealer was like, you can't take your phone out. You can't take your phone out, and every time he's like, look, he said the same phrase over and over again. I'm not trying to start a new trouble. I'm just my mom was texting me happy birthday like shit like that. And he's like, Okay, I know you're not starting to trying to start a new trouble, but don't take your phone out. And then he one hand later he'd have his phone out again and like, no more phone out. You have your phone out, and you go, I'm not trying to start a new trouble. And it's like, bro, you literally are starting trouble. Just because you say I'm not trying to start any trouble doesn't mean that you're not. It's like insane and I feel like that's how creeps.
Speaker 3: Reacty, that's a phrase I'm not trying to start any trouble is definitely only said by someone who is absolute slutely starting trouble. That is, that's a total thing. That's never you know, it's like saying like not to be racist, but okay, then racist thing follows. I don't want to start any trouble is always someone who's starting shit. And that thing of like like to and when drunk men just latch onto a phrase and say it over and over, it really is just so disgusting to me. Yeah, you reminded me of like when he was like, I'm twixting my mom Matt my sister's husband this week and told us that when he one time he was arrested for public intoxication, like in college, and it was two in the morning. He was like his phone and the cop was like I had already confronted him and was like get out of the street, and he's like, I'm talking to my grandfather in the morning and he wasn't at all, and the coup like slammed the phone out of his hands, and he's like, no.
Speaker 1: He broke his phone.
Speaker 3: He's like the phone with my grandma. It's like, no, you wann't two in the morning, wasted in the streets of Lawrence, Kansas. All Right, we gotta go. Thank you Dad for being here.
Speaker 1: Plea love you.
Speaker 3: Listen to the podcast tomorrow. We'll see you then. Uh, and don't be cut and bye.