Speaker 1: Nothing says summer like long days, clutch plays and firing off a few bets on the game, all with Draft Kings Sports Book. Never bet on baseball before. It's easy. Pick a guy to go yard, hammer some live odds mid game, or just ride with your squad and hope for the best. No spreadsheets, just vibes and dingers. Here's something special for first timers, new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly. Download the Draft Kings sports Book app. Use Cold Shannon. That's Cold Shannon for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us again for another episode of Night Cam. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite Off Shannon Sharp, my partner and co hosts Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame, Honoree Madden, Adjuster, Pro Bowler, Allpro. That's Chad O Chosenko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and guys, do us a favorite. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We'd like to thank each and every one of you for your eyes, ears, and your word of mouth for helping make your Nightcap the success it's become. We greatly appreciate your support and your continue support. My Kanyak Lapotier has a new drop, and this one is very personal. I created a limit edition release to honor my brother Sterling for his induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. It's not just a bottle, it's a tribute, a celebration of a legacy, and once they're gone, they are gone. The Hall of Fame Edition is officially alive. Just head over to Laportier dot com to grab yours while you still can. Don't miss this chance to own a piece of history and a very very special moment. Go follow my media company page on all of its platform Shayshape Media and my clothing Company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned in the chat. Okay, we saw the debut today. Travis Hunter Ojo saw action on both sides of the football in his preseason debut the Jags versus the Steelers. On offense, he had eleven snaps, two receptions nine yards. On defense, he had eight snaps with zero targets. Ojo, I might have to get a couple of more jobs like you because the way they got these games spread out and how you're gonna have to pay. Damn there, you basically got to pay to watch each individual game.
Speaker 2: Oho, I mean, listen, you know what you can do.
Speaker 3: You can use YouTube TV. You can use YouTube TV when you get most of the games. And also I have an NFL app on my phone, so the NFL app allows you to be able to go back and forth through some of the games you want to. You can't see them all at the same time, but just the preseason, it's just the preseason, so it's kind of difficult to be able to watch the ones you want to watch based on location, right and when where they are.
Speaker 2: Most of most of them are regional games right right right.
Speaker 3: But once once the regular season gets in gets in, you know you'll be able to watch multiple at one time, especially the one o'clock games obviously, the four thirty games, and then those that are stated at seven thirty, right.
Speaker 1: He did have eleven snaps, two receptions for nine yards. Uh, nothing deep, nothing significant. He came up leverage on one play. He'll learn these guys are really good. Hey, if you got leverage and he had leverage and let the guy bounced out side, you ain't you ain't get you ain't catching those guys. You got to maintain your your laying the responsibility, integrity. But like I said, it was it was you know, I just wanted to see what you know, we saw what we saw? What whatn't you know what I'm saying, if I mean, how do we rate it?
Speaker 2: He caught three pans for nine yards and eight snaps with no targets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the one thing is it's kind of it's not it's not nippicking. One thing that he will learn too. On the two pass that he get he did he did catch. I called it. I always call it that Marvin Harrison, remember Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison always having that.
Speaker 2: Under that short six yards and coming in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did so well in college that the players and the dbs in college didn't do. They would over commit so much. He'd be able to spin out the back door. He'd be able to the back door. But now now that you're at the next level, they don't over commit. They come to ballance right away and they make the tackle.
Speaker 2: So you got to be careful with that. But you know them big guys, big guys trailing now.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, you know hey.
Speaker 2: Because what happened when they see that ball throwing? What do they do? They coming? Yeah, they're coming. But but this is the thing you gotta remember.
Speaker 3: He's coming from outside the end and trying to spin back outside. Yes, heb is out of control, but most of the time they're not out of control. No, so they were under control. Let's say you you you spit the man in half. When your attack coming to tackle, you always hit the target.
Speaker 2: So I mean, if you.
Speaker 1: Keep going off, you don't let him get on your outside shoulder because a lot of times, like you said, they over commit and the outside shoulder inside demand.
Speaker 2: Now he spins out.
Speaker 1: Now you see, as long as my outside shoulder free, I could tackle you bingo.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, so that's it. That's it. He'll he'll see.
Speaker 3: It will be much more difficult to be able to do some of those tricks that you did in college because these were out of control they over commit, they attacking the inside shoulder, you know, and all you got to once you spin back, it becomes a foot race and you running down the.
Speaker 2: Side, racing to the corner.
Speaker 1: Now I got my inside, I got my steal farm. Free to steal farm. You'll pick up yards. But yeah, that those are things that you know as you play at this at this level, you will learn a lot of the tricks of the trade. You'll know when to get down, when you can fight and struggle for extra yards. Because I'm telling you, those big guys and those lacks hurt when them three hundred pounds hit you. That's different than a dB tackle you. Now, Yeah, because he hitting, he putting helmet.
Speaker 2: On you, and we're.
Speaker 1: Putting three hundred pounds exactly so and on on defensive side. Like I said, he just had that one, that one play that I saw that he gave up leverage. But other than that, nothing you know, really made you the right home about I don't think it's going to be really hard to judge Ojo unless he gets significant snaps, you know what I'm saying, and they give him an opportunity and we see him, we see them like game plan to get him the football.
Speaker 2: It's hard. I mean he caught two passes nine yards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, I thought I thought, obviously the hype around Travis Hunter second sickon round, I mean second.
Speaker 2: Pick in the draft. I thought they were going to feature him a little bit.
Speaker 3: But obviously they allowed trepor Lawrence, they allowed the offense to flow. Whatever they gave him. They just they didn't feature him. Who first played the game Brian Talma Jr. Goddamn hits on the right side. Then I thought they would come to him at some point and just get him acclimated and then then get him going.
Speaker 2: But nah, now they just waited.
Speaker 3: When the opportunity to present himself, they threw in the ball and you know it was it was simple.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Me personally, I think he's going to spend more time on offense than defense. But hey, that that remains to be seen. But I do think you're probably get a lot more. You will see a lot more of Travis in what he's capable of doing once the season start. I don't think they're going to, you know, try to prove any point and make anything, you know, do anything, have him do anything spectacular in the postseason, because the thing is oh, Joe, I want to you know, you try to keep most of your stuff under wraps. Yeah, I don't want to show you too much in the preseason because these games don't mean anything. I'm just trying to get timing. I'm trying to get the guys, you know, get the guys in football shape, because.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Now with three games, you play the third game, Now you got it in the week, a week in.
Speaker 2: Between when you play again.
Speaker 1: It used to be, you know, we played that Thursday Friday, and guess what, we're playing the following Sunday.
Speaker 2: It's not like that anymore.
Speaker 1: So now you play, now you got another weekend between before you go play. And so I'm just trying to get the guys as conditioned as I possibly can, let them know what it's going to be expected, you know, the timing and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: But I think Travis fine.
Speaker 1: Like I said, eleven snaps, two receptions, nine eight snaps, zero targets. He got nineteen. He got nineteen, which is probably about what you would think if he was just a rookie playing on one side of the ball. That's probably what you thought he would get. Nineteen snaps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm excited for him, man, But.
Speaker 1: The most outstanding thing in the game happened when Jaguars kicker Cam Little nailed a seventy yard field goal as the first half expired in Jacksonville's preseason open against the Steelers that would have broken the NFL record had it been the regular season. Justin Tucker kicked a sixty six yard field goal to beat the Lions September twenty sixth, twenty twenty one at Ford Field. Now it's a lot different. It's a lot different kicking outside than it is inside because you got control conditions. You don't have to worry about win, you don't have to worry about rain, you don't have to worry about anything. That Feeld goal, that this gentleman kick looked like it had been good for him about seventy two because he boomed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did, he did. He boomed it. He boomed it. Look, I don't care. I know it's preceded done. Cal Well, you go.
Speaker 1: Out there, you go out there to the high school field, the kick and simply yard.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, it's very difficult.
Speaker 3: I don't think people understand how far that is, even for those who are professionals. You have to understand being able to kick it from that far one. Most people do have the leg, but the problem is it's not it's not about having a leg and act. It's about having the accuracy to be able to kick from that far right. You have to understand the uprights have been have been changed. They're a lot more narrow than they used to be. Yes for the room for era, the room for error when kicking. You know, most of the time the ball depending on if you have the consistency yes, yes, yes, that you have to consistence and you follow through. You can't swing to the left or you can't leave your leg open and then it'll go wide right.
Speaker 4: You know, everything has to be perfect. That that that finished, that.
Speaker 1: Policy when you kicking it that far, Yeah, because if anything is off you kicking that far and ain't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you wait the time one way or the other.
Speaker 3: And the funny thing about it is most people, most people say it is the preseason. There's no pressure as well in this in this kick, there's no pressure. The circumstance that that you're in.
Speaker 2: You know, it's it's preseason. You know what, we're gonna allow you to kick?
Speaker 3: Will they allow me to kick from seventy maybe in a regular season game where it actually counts. Probably, Now, if you're thinking about it, if you do miss you got to understand the team is already in.
Speaker 2: Steelers didn't even put anybody back. That was my point.
Speaker 1: They didn't even put anybody back there, right right, So they're like, hey, don't even worry about it.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing. That is the thing.
Speaker 1: What you're saying is that they normally have a guy back there, and if you miss it, you got really only two guys maybe your wings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that can tackle tackle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're normally linebackers are tight end, so those are really you only really got two guys that can tackle. You got offensive linemen mainly offensive lineman. Now you might have a defensive lineman on there, Ojo, but he ain't tackling his face.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Now, you know the kick, what's the likelihood of the kick or the hold of getting somebody down Because we saw it on the kick six Auburn versus Alabama. We've seen Antonio Caramarti run those things back. We've seen Devin Hester run it back. I think OBJ ran one back in college. So when you put people in situations that they're not used to being in, which is offensive lineman having to tackle kickers and punters having to tackle, especially with.
Speaker 2: That kind of space.
Speaker 1: Now, if you get him hemmed up on the sideline, you could try to put him out of bounds. But that guy got a head of steam. And you know they're taught in lineman don't really know how to get lanes on yo, Cause you know they followed each other. They followed me right behind one another, bro spreading our ass out.
Speaker 2: We got lanes now that you have to get in.
Speaker 1: But that was I was like, and why not, like you said, oh Joe, why not try something like this? Okay, Now I got the confidence because if it's if it's a latent ball game, instead of trying to help Mary, hell, I might, I might let the kickers come out there and try it.
Speaker 4: Out there, either the tire game or the win a game.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Actually, if we're an Endy or Houston, those are indoor arenas.
Speaker 2: And there's no factors from the outside elements.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yeah, so congratulat, congratulations. It does not count towards the record. But you know, you know, now I got the I got the leg. The coach knows you have the leg. Hey, you know you gotta think, oh Joe, that's a kickoff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, you kickoff and hold on, wait a minute, now, you do know your co hosts can kick just as far.
Speaker 2: Right now, you never kicked that far. Hold on, time out, time out, time out, time out.
Speaker 3: You know there's video, there's visual evidence, there's video evidence. I don't know, ash is there you have you have a great team of people that can pull things up.
Speaker 2: No she on vacation. Oh for real?
Speaker 3: As can you please show on me kicking from sixty sixty five yards please and having even more room to go once it goes through. I think I might have been with during this time. I might have been with Bleacher Report. We were doing something. It's online.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about in the game. Now, if you kill I saw you make a pat in the game?
Speaker 3: Listen, is sixty five yards in the game and then or just just doing it, you know in hard practicing, it's still so.
Speaker 2: So so it got catched up.
Speaker 1: So got catching the ball in the Turkey Bowl to to save it's kicking the ball in the NFL hunt.
Speaker 2: Well, we're not talking about a guy.
Speaker 3: We're talking you're actually referring to an actual player who plays, you know, in the NFL, or played.
Speaker 2: Played right many many years ago.
Speaker 3: Right, but I still can mentally, I know what to do. Now, the body might not react the way it should.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I know what to do. I know how to run.
Speaker 1: I know how to like swing my arms and put one leg in front of the other. But doing it is something to get entirely different, entirely different.
Speaker 3: I was just trying to give you a small example that your codes can kick sixty five seventy yards as well.
Speaker 1: No, maybe once one time my co host can kick sixty five seven yards.
Speaker 3: You failed to realize. Gotta play soccer every weekend. I'm part of I'm part of a soccer league here in Miami.
Speaker 2: Out Let me make your question.
Speaker 1: You think you think messi leg speed is the same as it was, say, fifteen years ago.
Speaker 3: No, No, his speed easy, like being able to break out and get away from people.
Speaker 2: I said, his leg speed. Oh no, absolutely not. No, No, why not no? Because he's much older now. Oh okay, thank you very much. We can move along.
Speaker 1: Cam Ward NFL preseason debut tonight in Tampa. Five of eight completions, all completions coming on the second drive, sixty seven yards passing at eighty nine point one rating led his sixty five yard touchdown drive. Oh Joe, the little bit the limited action that you saw like what you.
Speaker 2: Saw, Yeah, absolutely, absolutely.
Speaker 3: The funny thing about it is, oh, you know what is these players are infer ready. Some rookies that I saw today are so poisoned the pocket most of the time. They get happy feet when pressure is put upon them. But they look like them and planned for ten plus years. They look like veterans. The pocket presence, the relaxedness under the rest. Cam Woard showed it. Jackson Dart showed it as well.
Speaker 2: Obviously we saw you.
Speaker 3: The door last night who also played with that same calmness and poors. And you can see the leadership qualities in the way they carry themselves as quarterbacks and cam small sample sized that we were able to see tonight, and he didn't play much, but you can tell. You can tell he's sharp, you can tell he's been coached well, not just here at the NFL level it was at now because it doesn't just happen that fast. It's not that fast of a turnaround to look that comfortable like you know what you're doing. So he was coached very well obviously when he was at UM and so it's carried over into the NFL. And I'm excited for Tennessee Titan fans, you know, and what they had with the number one pick. I just don't like the fact that he's been overshadowed since his pick because everyone else has been talked about. This is the least talked about number one pick. I think maybe whatever ever, uncle, you were number one pick, So it seemed like he's went under the radar. No one said anything about him when most of the pressure is on a number one.
Speaker 4: Pick to perform because you're going to good.
Speaker 2: That was the worst last year. Like you said, I can fly under the radar, right.
Speaker 1: The difference is now, Oho, these guys come in they've been coached by throwing coaches since they were in high school.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, there freshman.
Speaker 1: So they're not like the guys that came in twenty five years ago. They were just coming to the NFL and they're okay, Hey, you get you hire a coach right before you getting ready to go, you know, the up to the combine, and then you work wait them up until your pro day, and that's it. These guys have these guys all the time. It's just like basketball players. They got shooting coaches and they got trainers now in college, so they have an upper hand. That's why they're So when you find a guy that's ready, he's really ready to play. Yes, Yes, these receivers they work with guys. So when you find a guy that's ready, he's really really ready.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So guys are not coming in like you. I mean, like I came in. I mean, guy, you know time. I mean guys would go down there for like maybe six weeks that work with a speed coach. But these guys got professionals basically training them.
Speaker 2: Sometimes they have them in the high school o jo.
Speaker 1: So just imagine you going through the process and they give you any they're giving you pro style advice.
Speaker 3: Right, and you know what, I think that's why so many different quarterbacks obviously they look the part, but don't have all the other intangibles to be a starter. They looked a part, But cam Mood not only did he look the part, but he had everything else. He had all the other qualities that make him the number one pick. Obviously, should do it fall into the fifth round. Not only did he look the part, but he has all the other tangibles that made that made him a top pick despite him fall into the fifth round. Right, they polished, They're polished, that's all it is. You're who's been prepared for the NFL level, So you look the part once you're in a structured environment in a real live game. Yeah, God damn, how the hell are you dropping back? So goddamn calm. Everybody rushing trying to knock his head off, and he's sitting there chilling.
Speaker 4: Progression one two three, Okay, three is not there?
Speaker 2: Let me shoot back to one. That one ain't there.
Speaker 4: I mean to throw out of the bounds or on the tucket around.
Speaker 1: Hell, now you better not if you if you go one two three and try to go back to one, they're gonna hitt you. Put your put the help right up under your chain. You better take that check down. Yeah, hey, one two three, check down one two three, throw it out of bounds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of the other take off with it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh And I think, oh, Joe, I think that's what we're seeing. If you look at these quarterbacks. I mean, it used to be a quarterback throwing for twenty touchdowns in a season was like, oh gosh, he really did man, this guy throwing for twenty five thirty touchdowns? Yeah, easy, it's a look. And I understand the rules have a lot to do with that. The way they protect the quarterback, the way they protect the sever, the way they throw the football now is more conducive for quarterback having better stats.
Speaker 2: But I do think these guys are a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Advanced than when the older guys, the Montanas and the Lways and the Marinos when they came out. I'm not saying they're better, but they're coach more and so I don't know John, probably never.
Speaker 2: I don't know Danny or John. To be interesting, man.
Speaker 1: You had a pro coach, you have a Tom House, or you have a what's Carson Palmer's brother name?
Speaker 2: Oh Jordan Palmers? Real deal, you have a Did you have a Jordan Palmer? Did you have a George Whitfield?
Speaker 1: Did you have any of those guys to to help you all these quarterbacks, they have those offensive lineman, they're working out with offensive line coaches, they're working out with former great NFL linement. So they're a little bit more advanced than say the guys you know, even if you want to say ten years ago, fifteen years ago, definitely when you go start going back twenty thirty years ago, they're more advanced. Just like the guys are coming out in basketball. You see how even baseball, these guys you know fathers played and so they got you know, hitting coaches, they got pitching coaches. They're looking at biomechanics and they look at all It's.
Speaker 2: The funny thing about everything.
Speaker 3: You think about the time and the time change, and yeah, technology is advanced.
Speaker 4: And everything evolves.
Speaker 3: They have better resources, they got unlimited to get better at said position, whatever it may be, whatever they respect respective craft may be, to.
Speaker 4: Hone that skill set.
Speaker 3: So when they make it to the highest level right to part now, it's one thing to look the part everybody. I mean, the D factor can get you in the door, but you got to have all the other stuff that comes with it to excel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I totally, I totally agree.
Speaker 1: But I thought Calboard played really well, especially like second drive. You got the ball to Calvin Ridley, you know, really, hey, that's somebody he could lead lean heavily on because he's one of the premium route runners and he started to get you he started to look like Calvin Ridley again, because you remember that last year that he really played in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: He were cutting, he was doing it. He was really doing it.
Speaker 1: On the other side of the ball, Rookie Shiloh Sanders delivered multiple big hits, including one on Brandon Allen on the Blitz. First round draft pick Mecca Ibuka also showed off his physical attributes, leaping twenty one yard grab backup quarterback Kyle Trash. I mean, she doors played really well. I mean I've seen footage of him in camp. He did a great job of in the one on one team one on one period against the tight ends.
Speaker 2: Job, He's on it. He was on it.
Speaker 1: Because you have to understand he started out. He started out as a corner. Yeah, so he does have instinct. He started out as a corner and then moved to safety.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, but when yeah, yeah, I thought he played well. We know he's a thumper. He's looking to get looking, get downhill and put big hits on him. Now, yes, sir, yeah, but I thought he I think it's going to be interesting, O Joe. How many special teams can he play?
Speaker 2: Right? Because that's going to be the key. He's not a state now.
Speaker 1: He could be working his way until the starting lineup, but as a right now, I don't think he's a starter.
Speaker 2: So now what other ways can you contribute? Right here?
Speaker 3: He'll be on He'll be on special teams, whether it be field goal, whether it be we be kickoff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, put return. Can you can you be a jammer? Can you be a gunner?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, m hm. Can you be on the front line? Can you be an L one two, three, four five on the front line?
Speaker 2: Uh? You definitely gonna be on kickoff obviously.
Speaker 3: Is it me or does it seem like kickoff is is much more, much easier as as opposed to how it was during our day, you know where you had the wedge buster, you had the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they don't.
Speaker 1: They don't really want those type of collisions, so they don't if you see, they're not letting you get that kind of running start all right, right, Yeah, it's different, it's not. It's I mean, I think Hester said he'd have probably more return touchdowns had they had it in like that, So it's interesting to see what would have happened. But the advancement, I don't I don't have a problem with it though, Joe, I mean sometimes like.
Speaker 2: I understanding, it's different. It's very different. It's very different.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: The guy that you really like in the first round the Bucks selected in Mecca a uh Booka. Uh, you you like him, you like McMillan Carolina.
Speaker 2: And they both look good.
Speaker 1: Like I think whether the Golden go in the first round or the second round for Green Bay, Matthew Golden, Oh yeah, Uh, McMillan, I.
Speaker 2: Think go to winning the second round. Ran for the first number twenty three.
Speaker 1: Then they had Jade Higgins win the second round, Luther Burton the third win the second round, Trey Harris went in the second round, and Jack Beach wit the second round. So they were in the first two rounds. There were seven receivers that went in the first the first two rounds. Yeah, who do who do you expect to have the biggest impact?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Probably honestly out of everyone you just named, I know, matt Matthew Golden is good.
Speaker 2: He's phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Obviously they do have Dubbs, they have Jaydane Reid, so I don't think he will get the number of targets necessary to be able to showcase reed Dobbs Washington.
Speaker 2: It's it's so many of them over there. I think he will he will contribute.
Speaker 3: But I really believe T mac McMillan over there with the panther, you know, and with with what he's able to do, and the show very small sample size. Honestly, it's been one preseas game. But again I've been high on the pants. I think T is going to be the one to show showcase his ability and what he can do is a mismatch every time they leave in one on one. He's very tall, he can run after the catch and the fifty fifty ball turn.
Speaker 2: Into eighty twenty when it is him.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited for him. He's the one I'm highest on and hoping that not just him, but collectively as a group offensively as a receiving corps. I think they make the difference in Bryce Young taking the next step in his career.
Speaker 1: I agree, I think him. I like uh Ibuka also for the simple fact how healthy. It's what God would be his return right right is he only is he gonna I don't think he's gonna pup, But so it's gonna be interesting to see how he used you know, we know Baker can throw it. Hey, you got missed consistency on one side. Evans Mike Evans and then so Booker could really have a huge year. But I but I but I like mc millan also, long angular guy. What he's like six three six four, make tough contested catches. He's good run after the catch. Yeah, yeah, I mean I think these good. I think Matthew Golden, I mean you look you Okay, Romeo Dobbs, you mentioned Kristin Watson.
Speaker 2: You meant Reid.
Speaker 1: They got they got a lot of receivers. They don't really have a guy that like, Okay, this is the guy that you gotta worry about. You kind of got to worry about them all because at in a given moment, because you know it might be Dobbs weeks one week and that it'll be Christian Watson.
Speaker 2: Watson's biggest thing is staying healthy. Yeah he he canna put him up and put him down, pick him up him now quietly.
Speaker 3: The goddamn damn Packer's got a four about one team. Uh m h Yeah, they got a four about one team. Yeah, Dove Watson, Reid can fly, Dobbs, Golden can fly.
Speaker 2: Man stop playing.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, I think McMillan and Abuka would have the biggest but I'm not going to sleep on you know, Luther Burton, A lot of people thought he'd be a first round draft pick receive out of Missouri. He goes, he goes to the Bears. They got DJ Moore, they got Roma Doomsay. Uh, they drafted a tight end in the first round. They still have Cole Comet upgrading their offensive line.
Speaker 2: They should be and they got.
Speaker 1: Detroit so old offensive coordinator as the head coach calling the.
Speaker 2: Players called him creativity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they should definitely be better offensively. And if they are better offensively, well big number because if you look at Detroit, you look at Jamison Williams had had a phenomenal season. You look at armand Ross Saint Brown, Yeah, yeah, had a big season.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny is Almond Ross Saint Brown.
Speaker 3: He's one of the top five receivers depending on how you put him in the left order in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Well, I really think it.
Speaker 3: Didn't matter who was calling the goddamn plays because he's so good at just route running in general, he's a polished one. You know, I don't have to scheme you open. He's one of those where officer coordinators in your head, coach, you know what, I could sleep at night.
Speaker 2: Because I ain't got to worry about that one. It don't matter who we plan. I don't have to worry about him. I know what he can do.
Speaker 3: So you add what he can do in his skill setting, his DNA, and then you put that with the creativity that Ben Johnson has.
Speaker 2: Yes, get what you saw last last year. You get magic. You get magic.
Speaker 3: And I don't know if there's anyone like that, but that type of skill set similar to a Mom Ross Saint Brown on the Bears.
Speaker 4: But DJ Moore is damn good. He's not that far behind.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have that short area of quickness like that. Yeah no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: That's not what he is. He's can you play this lot? Yeah, he's an outside the number He and Roman Dunes is outside the number type of guys.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna be all right.
Speaker 3: The good thing about it is is Ben Johnson is going to understand and know his player of strengths and put them in position to be able to make those plays and not allow them to be exposed in whatever that we can see is that we can't see watching from home.
Speaker 2: We don't know it. They know it, right.
Speaker 1: Jackson dark shining in his NFL debut twelve of nineteen, one hundred and fifty four passing yards, one touchdowns, zero interception.
Speaker 2: He led three scoring drives.
Speaker 1: The TV came on a twenty nine yard strike down the left side line to Lil Jordan Humphrey with pressure in his face. He also rushed three times for twenty four yards. Old, Joe, you like what you saw?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Shoot, listen, we wasn't even know Jackson Dart and now started to show off. But how good he looked and being in season ready, being polished, you know, look really good in the look really good in the.
Speaker 2: He wasn't ratic most of the time.
Speaker 3: You get rookie quarterbacks in an environment like that in a game, and everybody got happy feed.
Speaker 2: Everybody got happy feed.
Speaker 3: They look, they look at the first read, the first rding in there, they take it off and they're gone. But no, he did everything. He did everything the right way. You can tell he's another one who's been coached up and was ready.
Speaker 2: For the moment.
Speaker 3: The moment wasn't too big for him, even though it's just the preseason. So it's like going on your first date. The first thing you want to do in your first eight is you want to be impressionable. You want to do everything possible to do all the right things.
Speaker 2: You want to open the door. You want to let her order curse. Huh.
Speaker 3: He did, He did every He did everything right. Shoots, as did Camboard And obviously we saw your door. Who had a bigger plate to be able to show what he can do. Hell he didn't got he got the third base in the first night.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. And he played. I mean you get all the quarterbacks played.
Speaker 1: Rush was six and seven, James was seven of eleven, sixty two yards touchdown, Tommy Devido ten or fourteen seventy three yards a touchdown, Jackson Dart twelve of nineteen, one hundred and fifty four yards and a touchdown, thirty five and fifty one three seventeen three touchdowns. So clearly they had a plan. They were going to throw the football. Oh yeah, absolutely, they were going to throw the football. Absolutely yeah. And I thought, I thought, I thought the guys played really really well. Jackson Dart threw the ball well. Little Jordan Humphrey been in the league for a while, so had some a consistent player outside to.
Speaker 2: Catch the ball for him.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Jackson Dart looked, he looked extremely well. You know, he's went the old miss playing Kiffin laying Yep, great offense in mind the quarterbacks does a great job coaching quarterbacks. So maybe I'm not as I'm not surprised that he played so well given who he totally under.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, absolutely. And the funny thing about it is, I believe.
Speaker 3: Russell's going to be starter. Russell Wilson's going to be the starter for the New York Giants, I can tell you that. But they wanted to see what Jackson Dart would look like once the keys had turned over to him. Now, it could be this season if things aren't going well for the Giants offensively, But Russell Wilson will be the starter for the New York Giants for the foreseeable future. Unless things aren't going well offensively, well.
Speaker 2: I'll see about the start. I don't know if he's going to be the finisher.
Speaker 3: But listen, there's a chance he stays the finisher because of what he has around it.
Speaker 4: You get that ball, you get that ball to the other who knows, Yeah, you put.
Speaker 2: Him in positions to make plays for you. It makes your job a lot easier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but you're all bad.
Speaker 3: Hey, somebody in the chat making fun of me uncle with that. They talked about that I got the same thing I had on last night on last night's show.
Speaker 2: Well, actually I do.
Speaker 1: I ain't taking a showers, but I mean, look, are you gonna keep Are you gonna keep two veteran quarterbacks in the rookie.
Speaker 3: Yes, Jameis Winston is not the one. He's great, great, great.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying. You're gonna keep two veteran quarterbacks. You know what you're playing, Russ. You're probably playing James. What are you playing? Jamis five to seven million? And you know Jackson Dart's not going anywhere.
Speaker 3: No, but you keep, you keep, Russ, I mean, you keep Jameis Winston in great locker room presence, a great presence for the team in general. He's just good for the locker room in general, and just if it comes down to emergency situations, we understand that James, James can go in there and have some fun, not only have some fun, but be consistent kind of turnover prone depending on how long he's in there at the position, but outside of that he can make plays as well.
Speaker 1: But because that's a tough divisional Joe, oh, very very, I mean you got the Eagles, you got to what the commanders? You got the Cowboys. I mean, people say the Cowboys is gonna be better? How much better? I don't know. We think the Eagles are still the cream of the of that division based on what they did last year, what they brought back. Yeah, listen, very, Washington commanders, we expect, we expect Jade and Daniels not to have a sophomore slump.
Speaker 2: Now they do have someone that's disgruntled.
Speaker 3: Okay, McClory, I was gonna say, I was gonna say, listen, having your number, having your number one target, having your security blanket paid and happy would help prevent having a sophomore slump. But hey, maybe they know what they're doing over there in Washington. But there is no room for error, There is no room for era in the NFC East.
Speaker 2: When it comes to quarterback play.
Speaker 3: You got to be consulted weekend and week out because everyone else is so good, everyone else got so much better. Hell, the Eagles coming off a goddamn Super Bowl win. You think they don't want to go back. They didn't do anything but improve as well.
Speaker 1: YEP, I agree, So Jackson Dark, say Sudre Cuche Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Brian dave Ball on what he thought of Jackson Dark's performance, It's about what I thought it would be. Efficient, effective, aggressive, confidence in the pocket. Still stuff can work on, but he's doing good. Brian dave Ball is a great coach. I mean, I like his offensive mind. I don't you know, there remains to be seen offense as a head coach, but we saw him in Alabama. Now, he didn't have the great success at Cleveland, but hey, I ain't a whole lot of outside of a Paul Brown. There hadn't been a whole lot of coaches that had success in Cleveland. Well, Marty had some success. He got the AFC Championships a couple of times with the Brown Sam Retigliano.
Speaker 2: That was before your time in the early eighties.
Speaker 1: But Brian Dayball's offensive mind, I mean, he was the guy that really got Josh Allen on track. Now then people because proud of him getting there, people like, I don't know, the jury is still out on.
Speaker 2: Josh. And then Brian day ball comes there.
Speaker 1: And not only he was so good, he parlayed that into a head coaching job for himself. Yeah yeah, and so uh yeah. He said he was efficient, he was effective. He was aggressive of the confident things that you like for the quarterback. You like for it to be officiing, you like for it to be effective. You like for him to be aggressive. Don't be a dunking and dunket it on here because you're scared to throw the ball.
Speaker 2: Non throw the ball down the field.
Speaker 3: It was it was third down. It was third down, and he took the three by one side, the three by one side. He take the deep ball instead of throw instead of throw a short for the first down. See he said that third is third or whatever. Hell he went deep touchdown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's when you're not afraid. You're not worried about your completion percentage, You're not worried about your quarterback for rating, you're not worried about your QBR right, just score points by pushing the ball down.
Speaker 2: Down the field. Yeah. JJ.
Speaker 1: McCarthy said he was emotional in his first game in three hundred and sixty four days. McCarthy said there was a little tear drop during the national anthem before he took the field for the first time since a torm and niscus in his right knee that ended his rookie season.
Speaker 2: It was just the.
Speaker 1: Journey that any injured player goes on to get back out there and doing the things that they love.
Speaker 2: It just shows how much I care for this game.
Speaker 1: He completed his first three passes, all to wide out wide receiver Jordan Addison, and led the Vikums to a field goal on their opening drive before Kevin O'Connell pulled him. McCarthy four of seven completion. He was four completions of seven attempts thirty yards. He also converted a fourth down with an eight yard run. Oh, Joe, did you like what you see from JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, absolutely. I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it. I was kind of I was kind of nervous for him. I was kind of nervous for him.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be able to I wanted him to be able to get through a clean game. No mishaps, no mistakes are going to happen, but the things that we were not going to be able to see, but looked like he handled it. He handled the offense very very well. I would have liked to see Justin Jefferson out there. Obviously he's I think he's nursing something, trying to make sure he didn't have any mishaps or sup ups either with whatever injury is bothering him. But JJ looked good, Jajy looked good, looked like he looked like the quarterback of the future Addison. Everyone else around him look good as well. So I don't see any problems. I don't see them missing the beat offensively as long as JJ does.
Speaker 2: Exactly what we're supposed to.
Speaker 3: Hell if Sam Donald could do it but what he had last year right, and JJ McCarthy can do it as well.
Speaker 1: Sam Howe came in and was eleven or thirteen fo one hundred and five yards o't Joe Brett Ripping was one for four. But the guy that we wanted to see, like you said, he tore up in Niscaus last year and he missed his entire rookie season. So to see him get back out there today and he says it's emotional, and that's that is that's true. The more the more you care about something, the more it hurts when you don't have it or you can't do it right.
Speaker 2: So it's.
Speaker 1: It was great to see him out there because they're lost the expectations.
Speaker 2: They're there. You know, they're in a good division.
Speaker 1: Look at I mean last year they went fourteen and three and they started on the road because the fifteen and two Detroit Lions. Yeah, we think Chicago is going to be better. We think green Bay is going to be better the Bear excuse me, Detroit. I mean, we don't think they're going to take a step back.
Speaker 2: They do get Hutch back, yay, miss the motor.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but I thought JJ McCarthy played well, you know, it's really you don't want to say he's a rookie, but theoretically is because he didn't really really get anything done last year because as soon as he you know, I think he got hurt in practice.
Speaker 2: You know who?
Speaker 3: You know who I didn't see when we were talking about the Giants game. Yeah, but did brother abdu card to play today? You probably had limited snaps.
Speaker 1: Huh if he played at all. I mean, we can go back and see if I can find him on the.
Speaker 2: On the.
Speaker 1: He played, actually he did play okay, okay, but you know, as a D lineman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a rhythm. Man.
Speaker 1: You just can't go out there the first player gets a sack, man, you gotta be. You gotta you know, you gotta set the guy up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta be. You know.
Speaker 1: Now unless you did that like that? Uh that jedr defensive lineman number seventy eight. Well he made the game. He made the team tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Two sacks, fum fumber recovery for a touchdown pressure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he on the team. Yeah, yeah, yeah, hey, he's like, yes, sir. He had snick. He had six snaps. Abdual Card has six snaps in the preseason debut. Three snaps were rushing the passer. All three rushings resulted in the pressure and the hurry per PFF and next Gen stats. So he did what he was supposed to do. He flashed. But like I said, I think the thing is with d Limany, they working on stuff. D liman are basically like a wide receiver because he's setting you up for something that he's gonna use at a later day and time. So if you think the move that you see that he starts the game with is the move that he's gonna finish the game with, you're sadly mistaken. It's just like a wide receiver. If you think that ride I ran on you to start the game, it's going to be the one I finished on you. You said I'm gonna give you, I'm gonna give you the illusion, and that's what I'm ging it's going to be that. Yeah, But it's not gonna be that. Yeah. And Justin Field's preseason debut against the Packers, Field was ultra efficient. He was three or four passing forty two yards, ran the ball twice for fourteen yards, and didn't take a single sack. Feels orchestrated a sharp opening drive against the Packers starting defense, Kappa get off with a thirteen yard rushing touchdown. This set the tone for the excellent preseason open for Aaron Glenn's squad. Does Field remaining calm composed in the control pocket? What do you think, O Joe? Do you think did you like what you saw from him tonight?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Listen, we saw we saw flashes of brilliance when he was with the Bears. We saw flashes of what he can do when he's with the Pittsburgh Steelers. So what we saw tonight is what we expected from fields. It's all about him just being consistent and being able to do it week week two week.
Speaker 2: He's always wanted us to be a starting quarterback.
Speaker 3: I think he wasn't dealt a fair deal in Chicago because when you look at the Chicago Bears in that organization and the way they conducted and handle quarterbacks throughout the years, it hasn't been great at all.
Speaker 2: It hasn't been great at all.
Speaker 3: It just hasn't. Now things are a little different. Got Ben Johnson or Kata Williams. Things are different the way they're running the system. Obviously, in Pittsburgh, russ was promised the starting job Ruskins Hurst. Justin Field comes in, he plays phenomenal, He plays phenomenal. But obviously, once Russki is healthy, Russe, I mean justin Field is bench.
Speaker 2: Boom damn it. Can I just get opportunity?
Speaker 3: Can I get an opportunity to shine and show what I can do at the quarterback position. I can be quarterback number one if you put me in a situation that is advantageous for me at my skill set. Now that in New York with a players coach that played the game and understands exactly what you can and can do and can it do what he needs to do to make sure you're successful. You got Garrett Wilson. I don't know who, and I can't remember his last name. I meant to write it down. I don't know if it was a fullback that kept making those plays tonight or tight end. I think he wore forty seven. I think it was wearing forty seven. Hey, young bull popped out on film. He popped out on film to the point where, well, I don't know who this is, but I guarantee you he's gonna have a starting job.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it was a fullback or a tight end, but he was balling.
Speaker 1: Just had four hundred and three yards total yards. Green Bay had two turnovers. Time of possession was thirty eight forty one, Jets twenty one to nineteen. First down was twenty one to twelve in favor of the Jets. Like I said, I think his name is Jay too Fairley. He made a team tonight.
Speaker 2: He did two sacks. Yeah, and he had a fumble recovery for a touchdown. Yeah, you're gonna be all right, But.
Speaker 1: I think that's that's the key for him. The Jets showed that showed justin Fields that they wanted it. Oh yeah, they gave a two year deal. They put him in. He's the starter. They do have ty Rod to be his backup. But that's what he wanted. That's why he didn't go back to Pittsburgh. He said, now y'all already showed me what y'all want. Y'all already did me. How y'all gonna do. Listen, you're not gonna do me dirty twice?
Speaker 2: No, absolutely, listen.
Speaker 4: Pittsburgh is the situation where there's a young lady that wants you.
Speaker 3: She wants you, she doesn't want nobody else to have you, so she puts you in the friend zone until the dude she really won't get his act together.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I'm gonna put you off on the bench. Now I'm gonna go deal with Russ. That's whatever.
Speaker 3: That's the situation last year, right, So listen, you get smart. That ain't the situation. That's ideal for me, and where I want to go. New York is perfect for him. He got somebody that actually wants him. When you have somebody that actually wants you, you're able to play freely understanding.
Speaker 2: Okay, they have to look over my shoulder.
Speaker 3: I don't have the pressure of having to do everything perfect and do everything right.
Speaker 2: I can just play football, That's the thing.
Speaker 1: And I think ag you know they moved on from Aaron Rodgers basically for Justin Fields.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he made it easy for him Rogers, Yeah, he made it easy. No, you have someone like ag ag Ain't playing with that. I'm not sure if I'm ready. I don't know if I'm buying in. I don't know if I'm be there for training camp. I don't know if I want to take it down. Ag Ain't got time for that. I'm trying to change the entire culture. I need players that are boarding. Whether you've been playing five years or we've been playing twenty. I need you on the same page to me and hej he just wasn't.
Speaker 1: Only if you're a relative. Do you have tolerance for BS as a person age, Yes, sir, Yeah, you know you you a if that person not related to you know people like yeah, man, you know old people and you know, look at this juncture, ag coming in as a new coach, he needs everybody to be bought in. Yes, Aaron being as great as he is and being who he is he can easily sway a locker room. So I think for AG to looking at it, like for me to make sure I still have control of this locker room. Let's just move on, because I'm not so sure if Aeron dip would there was something that did AG want to hear Aaron say something? Unless Aaron came with that thing, turning back flips like yes, sir, let's let's go a g I'm ready right, unless he got that, they probably was gonna move on anyway, Oh Joe, they probably gonna move on. Yeah yeah, and uh, but hopefully Justin can seize this opportunity because this is a perfect opportunity. This might be the best opportunity because you know, when he went to Chicago, you knew he was gonna be the starter.
Speaker 2: They just didn't have the pieces around him. And I don't know if that.
Speaker 1: System was conducive and the coach was conducive. Now he has another defensive minded head coach, but I think AG has has an offensive guy that can put Justin Field's in position to be successful.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and listen, you would do.
Speaker 3: Let's let's understand what Justin Field has at his disposal over there with the Jets. Well you got breist Hall, you got brother. Uh but Alan, Alan who looks like who looks like a Derrick Henry who looks the part? I mean, I'm not saying he's der Derrick Henry. I'm just saying they have a one two punch of the running back position. We have one of top ten receivers in the NFL depending on where you slay the Matt, depending on where you want him. Matt and Garrett Wilson. Well, goddamn, who's the number two? I don't know who they damn a chat who's the number two at receiver man with the Jets?
Speaker 2: It's slipping my mind? Damn you think I mean he look.
Speaker 1: Uh? Alan Lazar still there? Alan, Josh Renolds, Josh Reynolds. You remember Josh Renolds. I think he played for the He played for the Rams. I think he was in like Tennessee. So was he in uh or was he away?
Speaker 2: Is he in uh?
Speaker 6: Detroit? I'm almost certain he was with the Rams. So hold on Lard and Josh Reynolds. So that's the that's the two and the three.
Speaker 1: Gary was Yeah, he's trying to find out. We know, Gary Wilson that were trying to find the other receivers. But that is Josh Runner that he's with the Rams. I think he's with Tennessee or.
Speaker 2: Or was it a liars? Okay, yeah, he with the Broncos. You like a You think Ag is the right fit for the Jets' Joe Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely absolutely. Listen, you need a player like that that can deal with that media. Forget in the house, forget the football stuff. Give me somebody with a mindset and the mentality that can deal with all the bullshit and the stereotypes that come along with being the head coach in the market of that magnitude. Want to get something that's ready for that. Okay, Now I can work on everything else. I can work from the top on down. And Ag is the right player for that.
Speaker 2: And he played in New York, so he definitely understands it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but hey, listen, one thing about it. Even though he played in New York. You understand how those newspapers are. You ain't getting no cut either. We ain't give me your no break either. But the things ain't going right.
Speaker 2: We're gonna hop on YouTube, yep.
Speaker 3: But hey, the newspaper, the newspaper outlets and media outlets are ruthless and I don't know who creates some of the headlines sometimes, Boy.
Speaker 2: They so creative. Definitely, they say, if you can make it in New York, you can make it anywhere anywhere, make it anywhere.
Speaker 3: Hey, just sitting here talking about all this quarterback play man, it just reminded me of my day man at beachid Man.
Speaker 2: Remind me of my days at beachid Man. You know, I was one of the best in the state. Huh huh. Give me. I wanted the best. You want the best delivered the city. No, no, no, no, in the state I'm talking about in the world. I was one of the best in the world. I remember.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny to yeah, hey, for me to have played quarterback at Mimmy be Senior High in nineteen ninety six. I still remember my receivers, my number one and my number two, Dwight Ster and Richard lucell my lit.
Speaker 4: That's my little Zoue, Dwight Dwister. I mean, Dwight was my homeboy.
Speaker 2: Joe as he was good. Oh Joe, huh.
Speaker 1: You think Joe Montowna could tell you who is what I receivers were in college or in high school.
Speaker 3: Probably you only had two or three? Oh Joe, damn, we probably can't. But see my my my two. Dwight stir for Richard Lucelle. That's my Zoe. Richard lu said, that's my zoeop, I say, Richard, if you see this, you know, hey, we was at that doing work.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen.
Speaker 3: My running back was Tobo Wilson. Oh my goodness, boy, Toby he was. You should have saw me out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, named the offensive line, name your five offices.
Speaker 2: Live and at Oregons at Oregon State. At Oregon State. Yeah, I played receiver. I don't know exact exactly, that's my point. Hey, I was running the office like this, blue Eddy Blue. Hey, Mike, you're hot. You're hot. You get too you get too off, Mike, you hot? Boy? Yeah, Chad, he ain't say none of that.
Speaker 4: Alert alert alert alert alert alert alert.
Speaker 2: And then I go to the gunt, do none of that.
Speaker 4: Hey, Hey, well I used to be he I used to be killing that thing.
Speaker 3: A quarterback. I had had on the number two too. And you got to remember, remember I was the baby when I was a freshman. These starts with the quarterback. SA Mari Rolle was a receiver Terry Cousins was playing running back. So you got to you gotta understand, y'all won seven games.
Speaker 2: No, we was good.
Speaker 3: Now, hey, you got to understand who We played seven games and we played against some good competition.
Speaker 2: Now what damn?
Speaker 3: But hey, Miami Northwestern, Miami Central Edison High School.
Speaker 2: Them boy was stacked back then.
Speaker 1: I ain't hear none of them players. I ain't hear none of them name. But y'all name all the guys that you played in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Yeah they did.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm just telling the quality that my school had. We had good quality.
Speaker 1: So what happened to the Winds? Tell me the quality wins? I know y'all had quality players. What about the quality wins?
Speaker 3: Had some quality wins. Now, I just don't remember the records from back then. That's a very long time ago.
Speaker 1: You know, your record were y'all fourteen and one, fifteen and Old thirteen to two. Obviously, No, y'all lost in the state championship. Y'all lost in the semifinals quarterfinals.
Speaker 2: Damn, I can't remember, but I did score. What I can tell you is I scored four touchdowns in one game.
Speaker 3: And nobody, nobody's done that. Nobody scored four touchdowns in one game.
Speaker 2: Did y'all win that game? Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, matter of fact, we almost beat Miami Northwestern the year they won state.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest, one of the greatest high school receivers.
Speaker 3: I saw with my own eyes, Marvin Snoop Minis out of the Scott Projects that played for Florida State, played with Kansas City for a little bit before you got hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never seen nothing like Snoop Minutes boring high school.
Speaker 1: Uh oh my oh yo. Yeah, what am I supposed to do? We all wist beat the team that won the state? What am I supposed to do it?
Speaker 2: I know, I'm just I'm just trying to I'm just trying to relive my story of high school. That's all. I'm just sharing that story.
Speaker 3: Since we're talking football, it's taking me down memory lane. Can we talk about the young bulls that's going into the NFL, that got an opportunity to start at the highest level and it just brought me back to where it all started.
Speaker 2: That's all. I'm just sharing my feelings in my story. That's all. My bad man, man, it sucks. It sucks being you. Oh you it sucks being old. You want to be young so bad to go back out there with the boys.
Speaker 3: No, I do.
Speaker 4: I'm doing because listen, I'm really not old like it. Kind of it makes me upset.
Speaker 3: And it kind of bothered me when people call me unk and I think about it, well, why you calling me unk? And I look younger than you sometimes, like you know, you know, it's like what you mean, uncle, Ye look at you, but you look fifty. You look sixty, you know, because you're drinking your life away and you're smoking and all that.
Speaker 2: But my body feel good. Huh. Give me.
Speaker 4: I ain't never been hurt. I don't have no injuries. I take care of myself and.
Speaker 2: Go back out there. You will be hurt, you think so. I think. I think. I think I have the the.
Speaker 3: Self awareness and the IQ to be able to protect myself if given the opportunity to play at the highest level.
Speaker 2: You think so, Yeah, I don't. I might not have the speed. I still have my ladder of movement. It ain't the same. It ain't the same. But even if it's not the same, it's still better than what's out there. No, it's not. You don't think so.
Speaker 1: You done lost too much of it, your fidy sence. It don't tingle anymore. Yeah, because they ain't been on. You ain't turned them on in a long time. It's like a car. You could have a bad car, you could have a bugatt it pays six million dollars for it.
Speaker 2: But don't let it run.
Speaker 1: Put it in, put it in your garage, and don't cut it on for twelve years, fourteen years, fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Right, you're right, right, you.
Speaker 1: Think it's go crank, Yeah, it should, it should, No, it won't. And then and then you're gonna have to then you have to go take it to the shop. Get all the fluid flushed. Oh I realize, don't yo you you haven't run like that, Yeah, like that like you used to run.
Speaker 2: In a very long time. Yeah, you're right, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: I think there's a greater chance that you will hurt something then you go out there and look like your old self.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Hey, able to chat on my head. Boy. They called you all kinds of names.
Speaker 7: Chad hurts, Chad Leaf, Yeah exactly, Hey, Chad Chad bletsoe, Chad to beato?
Speaker 2: Yeah bad?
Speaker 1: Oh, Joe, did you see did you watch any of the Rams Cowboys game. Ceedee Lamb get rocked by the official on the sideline. He was watching Joe Milton throw a deep pass, but he's watching on the jumbo tron. He knows that Joe Milton has an arm. I think I saw something other than he threw it like seventy seventy five yards, so he got his hands up. So he's watching it. He's watching the jumbo tar like, yeah, this touchdown?
Speaker 2: Literally does he know? He forgets that there's a side judge, O Jo that's running right and.
Speaker 1: Man, he ran dead in to the back of CD. And you know, if you triple official, that's unsportmh like conduct.
Speaker 4: Wait the official, well he wasn't on the field of place, so how could he?
Speaker 2: How could it don't matter. Didn't y'all have a get back coach telling y'all to get back, get back, get back, get out the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because what happened if you tripped the official, that's a fifteen yard pennoty that's exactly what CD got. He lucky didn't get hurt because he relaxed. Don't Yoe, he don't know the guy coming. I mean right right, right right, Maybe that's a blessing and a curse because he was relaxed and he didn't tend what's up?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 2: This wasn't a touchdown, was it? No? No, no, no, no no no. Oh man.
Speaker 1: But that you know, that's why they have that's what you know we get. We call him to get back, coach, right right, get back, because you know, you got to give the official free run of the line of the sideline because if you trip him or something like that. It's not like basketball that you can you know, you can run into the official officials part of the court. But in football, you trip it, that's a fifteen yard pillow.
Speaker 2: You got to get out the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got together, you got it. You're supposed to be five you're supposed to be. First of all, you're supposed to be five yards from the from the sideline. That's what you're supposed to be because you remember, they got the tarkoh Joe and the targo. You got the grass and four to five yards open space. And then you're supposed to stand on the tar. But you know everybody be standing on the field. Yeah, and that's when they get back, get back. He was penalized for a foul on the official. I think it's some sports with like conduct.
Speaker 5: But uh.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he definitely get well, yeah, you can't go past the third, you can't go that far down. He like gillyber Gilly had Gill.
Speaker 2: Run down the field and the Philly games and then spiked the ball.
Speaker 1: Hey that was funny. Yeah, hey, good a lot. Uh walla, say man, cuz I don't think you're supposed to did that.
Speaker 2: Beg Yeah? Yeah, but uh, I mean I've seen I've seen I've seen it call before and see he had nothing.
Speaker 1: I mean, oh, you know, that's the worst feeling to bump into something that you don't know that's there. H you know somebody you know, you running and somebody running running to you. Oh my bad because they used to be the notorious for that on the football field.
Speaker 2: O y, can't you slip it? Oh my bad? Shop. But doubt you worried about it. Bro, you right it don't he worried about it. I'm gonna get you back. Don't worry about it. If I don't get you up. Man, man, what was that for? O?
Speaker 1: Because he got me, he got I can't get him because he's smart. He know he did some chicken ish, So I can't get him. You didn't know anything about it, so I can get you because your guard was down. I gotta get somebody. Oh yo, yeah you got you got to I gotta get somebody. Somebody go get god. Uh man, I ain't got nothing to do with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do. Your teammate, you should have, you should uh.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: He made a lot of the situational I g oh Joe on his face. He posted, see he got decked by the rail. I feel like everyone needs to laugh.
Speaker 2: He got your uh.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 1: Hey, And yeah that was an official I mean, dude probably in his fifties, forties, fifties. But the matter of fact, he didn't see CD. CD didn't see him. He probably was mad, probably wanted to throw two flags on CD.
Speaker 2: Probably, And you know why, you know, you probably know why.
Speaker 3: Also, CD didn't get hurt because his body was relaxed, because something was coming up. Yeah, when you always think about I don't mean to bring this up, but John drivers, do you you always notice that the person that's always intoxicated the most, who's always in a relaxed state, in a high collision crash for some reason, it always walks away.
Speaker 2: It never gets hurt. You're right, you're right, Yeah, I hate you. You can see the chat. Uh no, what they is saying? What they call you? O Joe Mahons man. Hey, but it's it's so funny, Chad, Chad Or Losky Hey, you know you know the chat. You can't let the chat eight on my head right now? Man, they on my head.
Speaker 1: Sad Or said all the right things last night, as as expected at the Great preseason debut.
Speaker 2: Let's take a listen to what you do or had to say.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean God's patient with us as humans. We mess up that time, but I don't feel like he threw us away as individual. So it's different things in different life lessons, you know, you got to go through and I haven't went through this situation you know that that I'm in ever, So it's it's really just a test, you know, I feel like from God or whoever it is from, it's just a test anyway. I'm just thankful that I was able to see the day of light and get out there and be able to play, so you know, they didn't have to let me play, So anything and everything you know is good for me. So then you know, the kids looking up the kids definitely inspire me, of course, of course. More it's a lot of people incarcerated that that definitely talk to their friends and talk to me to tell me. My friend and my friend from jail was, you know, watching you play and watching everything that's going on. So it's just like the world, the world, you know, I say, is so small and everybody sees everything. And I'm thankful to be able to inspire people through everything.
Speaker 2: Because the lady just told.
Speaker 5: Me, Now, when I'm having a bad day, I just think about your door, and I'm saying, I gonna act like you're doing. You know, like that's so cool, you know to me that that I'm some format inspiration.
Speaker 2: Is your door.
Speaker 1: The only thing I'm gonna disagregate with you. They had to let you play because everybody else was hurt. Now, you ain't had no choice if they didn't let you play. They brought they brought a guy in. They brought in a Snoop Huntley. Yeah, because black or wasn't gonna play and the other two couldn't play. So but you did your thing. Oh yeah. All you could control is what you could control. What you could control was how you played, how you handled the how you handled the situation. That you've been placed in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he did it. He did very well. He did it. He handled it well.
Speaker 1: He said all the right things, he did all the right things. And that that's that's control what you can control. What you can't control, don't worry about it. Mm hmmm, control what you can control. Uh. He went through a storm, something he never If you'd have told him a year ago he would be in this situation where he's at right now, he wouldn't have believed that. His dad wouldn't have believed that. Nobody your I didn't wouldn't have believed it. No, absolutely not, based on But you're here, man, Now, forget how I got here?
Speaker 2: How you're going to get out of here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because a lot of time, you know, we spent a lot of time without your bad how we got into the situation.
Speaker 2: You're in the situation now, how you gonna get out of it? Yeah? And and I think you've done a great job.
Speaker 1: Look, you know, if I'm sure he talks to his dad, even though his dad is not there, he still talks to his dad daily. Dad gives him great advice. He doesn't put any more on this that we can handle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely not. And sometimes the situation they put you in. They're not advantageous for you. It's not the best situation for you because you got people in the situation you win that don't even believe in you.
Speaker 2: And that's when it heard worse most of the time.
Speaker 3: If here's someone, oh, I'm a part of your organization and you say, well, hell, I don't want you though, Yeah, that's that's meant to break you.
Speaker 2: That's meant to break you. You didn't Bill.
Speaker 4: Career, come on, come on, man, But everybody's not built like that mentally.
Speaker 3: You're right true in this era, in this era of of of sensitivity and oh he said this about me, And no, everybody not built for that. That's meant to break you. And if they break you mentally, it affects what you do in between the lines on the green grass. But that's neither here know there he played well the small sample size we got to see a brother Sander's twelve.
Speaker 2: Look good, you look good.
Speaker 1: You're right, Oh, Joe, you're right. Everybody are I mean? I mean sometimes, I mean sometimes when things are not going your way and you're feeling down. Yeah, man, it's hard to stay positive. And I think the thing the best thing for him is that he has a dad that's really positive. Yeah, he sees the positivity and everything. Even when it's all negativity, he'll find something positive.
Speaker 2: He'll find something good to say that os, that's so Joe. What do you want? Mhm? Make him bark, make him bark, make him bark. No, no, we don't want to. I tried to deter in from barking.
Speaker 1: And the thing is, I put Titus up, Titus asleep, so I ain't gonta worry about Titus coming and hear me him growling and going crazy.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's a good combination, bro.
Speaker 1: And then I took the bones up because him and Teddy fight. You wanted all the bones. He didn't want Teddy to have none, so he had three. I gave each one of the bone, right, so he had his, and he barked at Teddies. So once I gave him, Once I gave him Teddies, it was all good. So I just took all three of them because he gave he had two. At first, Teddy just had one, but he wasn't satisfied with that. He wanted all three. So I said, no, we're nothing to do that. You got to take We're gonna take the bones up for tonight.
Speaker 2: You got a little thug on your hands. Over there, man, you want to go stay without jo Hey, yeah, come on over here, Thanos. I'm gonn tell you. I'm gonna take you down to the city. Boy. They got a dog. They got a dog park downtown.
Speaker 1: He said, I can go to the dog park. Yeah, he said, you know, I got I got. You know, I had a little mitter procedure about a month ago.
Speaker 2: Wait what happened? Good? Yeah, what's wrong with him? We got it fixed up? Oh, why are you exact? Look? He said he heard he heard about them child support payments. He said he want none of that. No, okay, okay, okay, get out there and have a little fun. Man. Yoh girl ain't having no fun. But uh, you're doing look good? He looked good.
Speaker 1: He looked really good last night. He spoke really good after the game. And the thing now is to build excuse me, it's to build on what he did last night. He also spoke about gifting. Team made some new cleats. Check this out on Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just excited for them.
Speaker 5: I gifted. I gifted a lot of receivers. The prime DT ninety six is you know, a couple of them had them on. So I just I just get to a couple of like the main receivers going into this game. You know, I gifted them some some warm, some didn't. But I was like, okay, this is just my little appreciation gift to them because they don't be having a lot of stocks.
Speaker 2: So I couldn't.
Speaker 5: I couldn't do everybody I wish I could, but yeah it's great.
Speaker 2: Hey, the ones he won the game were dope. Yeah, those the one you talk about in the game with They had the orange lining like yeah, yeah, the brown color scheme, color weight. Yeah, they were nice. They were nice, I think.
Speaker 3: Also as a receiver. But for me, I wouldn't want to cleat that heavy. I mean they're they're heavy even based on.
Speaker 4: The way they're made. I want a lighted shoe as possible.
Speaker 2: So I mean they look good. Time could have been out there in TMS and run full three. Oh yeah, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 1: But uh it all depends. I was, uh you know, I will I wore uh uh TD bottoms. Okay, so I will wide receiver cleats at tight end.
Speaker 2: And tape your ankles. So he was he was good. Yeah, just come up my hard planner.
Speaker 3: Right me, even though I'm a hard planner on It's funny Reebok obviously was a rebark back back then, Rebok, take all the lining out of my shoe. I don't want any support. I want my shoe to be just like attract shoe like attracts you.
Speaker 2: I need to feel the floor.
Speaker 3: I need to feel the floor when I stop, when I go, when I try to cut and transition. I don't want anything restricting my ankles when it's time for my letter one and and movements. So all I had was the shell, some shoelaces and cleats at the bottom.
Speaker 2: That's it. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: But you always were molded, Bob. You didn't You didn't you You wore a tempo Bob, Yeah you didn't. You didn't we Yeah you didn't wear seven studs.
Speaker 3: No, I had to have a choice but to wear seven studs. When we played in Heines Field. I think they let the field be messed up like that on purpose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, soggy, My goodness.
Speaker 4: It's like, I don't know, I don't know that that was an advantage for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure for them.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's the only time I wore seven studs. Is when we played in heines Field.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Uh. There's a video that's been making its way around Curtis Yield Bucky. It's him confronting Brown's reporter Tony Grossi, but not having anything positive to say.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, let's take a look at this video. Yeah, you go.
Speaker 1: To you.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's dope, Bunk. I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it because most of the time those interactions like that, that's not how they go when it comes to players.
Speaker 2: Most of the time to come to a beat reporter that's been.
Speaker 3: Established for that long as a Cleveland Beat reporter, you know, when it comes to saying something negative, most of the time, the player challenges him in that manner because you've never said anything positive. And I could just imagine, I haven't read any of the arkle. I could just imagine if the rest of the world has been somewhat negative towards the door, I could imagine with the person that's in house that seas him every day writes so the fact that they were able to do it with a smile, with class, with grace, in understanding, with god, damn, do you have anything nice to say? Because everything I've seen so far has been negative. I did nothing to you, but obviously the dude had the job to do. You understand how to get the views, you have to understand negativity. Negativity, It would create traction, clickbait. How can I get people to read what I'm writing when you talk negative about the biggest thing going on right now in Cleveland outside of Lebron James when he was there right now is Shador Sanders.
Speaker 1: Robert Lattail Black Sports Online, GROSSI has been like this for thirty years. Baker couldn't couldn't handled it, couldn't I guess he's saying, Baker could not have handled it. Shador disarmed him in sixty second and changed his energy. That's a gift not all people have for negative people.
Speaker 3: Hey listen, they'll smile me your face, They smile your face obviously at that point and in that moment with Shador greeting him the way he did with class, with grace, But god, damn, are you gonna say anything?
Speaker 2: Was waiting on you to say something nice? Yeah? Something?
Speaker 4: So the guy has no I mean, what can you say, especially after that performance?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What what can you say?
Speaker 3: And I know people will say, oh, it's the preseason. Oh, it's a small sabbit size. Let's see what he does in the regular season.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's still this is all we have to go off.
Speaker 3: So we're talking about what we saw in that specific case, in that moment. I'm curious to what he wrote the day because I'm sure he had something to say today.
Speaker 1: I think it's different for a quarterback because you know, the eyes are all on you. But I really never had no problem. I was saying around draft pick. I wasn't supposed to be ish anyway. So anything that I gave, anything that I gave him twenty catchers, that was good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But as I got you know, I had never had a problem with with Mark Kissler, never had a problem with Woody Paige. I never had a problem with who else. Jim Armstrong, he was a he was a columnist when I was there. He's in he was with The Indie Star. Now I forget his name. Uh, Chefton. I got to Denverer at the same time. Adam Shefton was reported Denver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boy, chef, he's been at this thing for a minute. Boy. Oh yeah, who's the guy?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: But for the Indie Star, Nah, he's the he's the columnst he's the big guy. H uh huh no, no, no, no, no, no, who's the big But he was in he was in Denver when I was there the first half. I hate when I can no, come on Denver, help me.
Speaker 3: I know, y'all in the chat, somebody in the chat say, Teddy, look, I mean they don't look like a skump his color way, Teddy, I mean dannel.
Speaker 2: And like this.
Speaker 3: Huh you know how to whistle like this, hunk? No, it should be loud to hear. I want to learn how to do that. Probably too late now, well damn, I can't. It's too I got this a certain age age.
Speaker 2: Are we? Why you trying to whistle like that now? Because I just I just never. I just I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm going to a NASCAR event soon, and I want to be able to make sure I could whistle like that at the NASCAR event I'm going to. They don't take it. Oh yeah, yeah, I remember I told Bubba. I told bubb I was coming, So I'm actually coming. We got everything aligned, so I'm going down there. I got my I got my my flannel, my cut off sleeves, I got my George.
Speaker 2: I'm serious. I got my George.
Speaker 3: I'm ready, the only problem is that I don't drink as long as they got hot dogs and I'm having my coke with no Ice.
Speaker 2: Two hot dogs. A nice little date of my lady friend. I know she probably watching Man. What's the good? He can't think of his name?
Speaker 3: Man? Hey, chat, I got a poem. Y'all want to hear it or you want to what? You want to save it for later. We're gonna save it for later, Okay, Okay, I'll think about it all right, Yeah,