Speaker 1: It's nine O Gene onegen with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling.
Speaker 2: Well, we're here. We made it back into the airwaves, into the ears of our friends. Hi, guys, Hi, we missed you.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry for the delay, but we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back.
Speaker 2: We're back with a very I don't know how I feel about this episode.
Speaker 3: What Okay, I'm okay.
Speaker 2: It was a little mediocre for me. You can't lead with that, Okay, Okay, I take it back. Let's just talk about it.
Speaker 1: Though. It had mediocre moments with fair some really good juicy stuff. Answer question marks.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The timeliness though amazing. It's like spooky season on nine on two. I know, spooky season for us in real life.
Speaker 2: I know, with the pumpkins and everything.
Speaker 3: It's like we couldn't have planned it better.
Speaker 2: This was it like a Hasoween episode?
Speaker 4: No, but I think it's just like in the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, it's like a fall episode with the pumpkins.
Speaker 4: Although some very bad bad behavior by Ray.
Speaker 3: If I didn't know what i'd know, i'd be like, wait, red flags here, totally.
Speaker 2: Toy all the way up the street. Red flag. Yeah, we're talking about Season five, episode seven. You guys, Who's zooman Who? Aired October nineteenth, nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 4: Question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, Tory, no immedia.
Speaker 3: Yeah is that.
Speaker 4: From Who's zooman Who? Remember that song?
Speaker 3: No? I don't remember it, nope, but can maybe you sing a little bit more of it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think it was gohad Okay, I think it was. I want to say it was George Michael and Aretha frank but like that might totally be wrong, but it was, yep, thank you so much. It was Aretha Franklin, And it was like.
Speaker 4: Who's zoom and who? Because it wasn't zoom.
Speaker 3: I got nothing to you, I don't. I don't know that song.
Speaker 2: Uh you mean this one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We got it?
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: I don't remember it, but I totally remember this song. Remember that?
Speaker 1: My god. I'm thinking the title was more in reference to that I don't remember I mentioned during the episode.
Speaker 2: But I don't get it. What's that mean? Zoom and Who?
Speaker 1: I think Who's Who's kind of liking? Who's crushing who? Who's yeah kissing?
Speaker 3: Who's with who? Because it's so like everyone's like swapping and like not swapping me, you know, I mean like, there's.
Speaker 2: Who's flirting?
Speaker 4: All right, who's checking out?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 3: Oh? Is that literally what zooman meant back then? Back then?
Speaker 2: Oh, we're going to bring this back, this word zoom and zooman. Are you sure on him?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to try and work that into casual conversation. Who zoom?
Speaker 2: I thought it meant they were doing what we're doing, having a zoom zoom party? Yeah, because that's what zooman means to me? Now what would that have been back then? Not who's faxing who?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Totally good call.
Speaker 1: Okay, you guys.
Speaker 4: Like who's starting the zoom?
Speaker 1: Who zoom exactly?
Speaker 3: Question? That's a synopsis tour yep synopsis. Claire's big mouth causes Donna problems when she gets caught Ditch and Ray for Griffin. Ray takes it out on some poor pumpkins. Kelly learned her mom is having a midlife crisis at age forty. That doesn't make us feel old, well, Cindy still a fertile Myrtle. Valerie spills the beans about Dylan's poverty, and Steve packs a powerful punch when he catches Valerie at Dylan's house.
Speaker 2: Directed by Gabrielle Blaumont, written by Karen Rosen.
Speaker 1: There's so much to talk about. I forgot about Cindy and her way hot.
Speaker 2: Second, Cindy and Jim want to have another baby, so maybe that's what the title is. Who's zooman? Who?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: But seriously, what why we knew this? But I do you know this?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I remember there was a comment in another episode.
Speaker 2: Now just remember it's been too long or is it because I watched this episode so long ago? Wait?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, remember remember Cindy was like, maybe there's still a little Yeah.
Speaker 1: They were kind of frisky too. Oh do you you guys know about Golden Girls syndrome?
Speaker 3: No? But are we in it?
Speaker 2: Dude? What's that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think this is an example of it, because so the Golden Girls were like in their fifties or maybe sixty like when they were the Golden Girls, but they look like grannies.
Speaker 3: I think they were in their forties. Someone folded up forties and they looked like eighties.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had the pure.
Speaker 1: The Golden Girls, and they're like, did you know they were actually the same age as Jennifer Lopez. And I think the experiencing that was Cindy. And maybe it's the hair, maybe it's the outfits, maybe it's.
Speaker 4: The whole thing. But I'm like, why am I in menopause and she's not.
Speaker 3: Because she's only forty, but then she had the kids at twenty.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she's a young mother.
Speaker 1: But she looks I'm not being judgy, it's just golden girls like in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Well they you know, they make her look older on this show. They like try to, you think, on purpose, button her up or something. I mean, I do to make sure it's intentional.
Speaker 3: But it's happening.
Speaker 1: Here's why. I think it's intentions and worse because Gabrielle was probably pretty close in age, so they have to dress the parents.
Speaker 2: Wait a second, was Gabrielle even in this episode? Was Andrea in this episode? I swear to god, I watched this last night. I rewatched this last night, and I can't remember seeing her face.
Speaker 3: I think you're right. Wait was she doing her talk show? What was her talk show called Gabrielle?
Speaker 4: Gabrielle? Yeah, when did that happen?
Speaker 3: I think it was maybe I don't know, maybe I think it was.
Speaker 2: She just had a baby in real Life and my show.
Speaker 1: Will you look at that? I have the craziest fun fact that I learned.
Speaker 3: Do it?
Speaker 1: Donna Martin's mom, Belise Martin real life is married to Amonzo Wilder from Little House on the Prairie, also known as Merle the Pearl from Aida Is Enough.
Speaker 3: Wow, Wait, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: I'm really happy that you shared that with us.
Speaker 3: Catherine Cannon is married to did I know this or it happened after?
Speaker 1: Hold on, and I'm making sure it's not it's not. Yeah, I've got this right, I've got this right, Athan Cannon. It's the best Catherine Cannon husband.
Speaker 3: Nothing like Folice Martin opposite human Wait hold opposite.
Speaker 1: Catherine Cannon's husband is an actor named Dean Butler, and Dean Butler was Merle the Pearl on Aida Is Enough. And I'm fact checking myself, but I know.
Speaker 3: I'm having a PTSD right now? Wait are you kidding me? Right now?
Speaker 4: And he's.
Speaker 1: Laura Ingler Ingalls Wilder's husband.
Speaker 3: Wall he was the cute one right wait?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like he was a total babe. And she's Laura Ingalls Wilder because she married Dean Butler on Little House on the Prairie.
Speaker 3: And Shannon was on Little House on the Prairie exploding six degrees of nine o two and oh, here you.
Speaker 4: Go, literally that I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: Look here he is. Okay, hold on, you guys, And how we've gone this long without knowing this? Oh wait, I think where am I?
Speaker 4: Okay? Can you guys see him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Dude, that was a fun fact that made my head explode.
Speaker 3: Wait when when did she marry him? Like after the show?
Speaker 1: Like, did I think, so, hold on, I have that? I have that?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it's all good.
Speaker 1: In two thousand and one, so like before the show ended, right when did you guys go off?
Speaker 3: Two thousand Okay, so.
Speaker 2: Right after right after Felice isn't even in this episode, you guys?
Speaker 1: Sorry, I digres the hed?
Speaker 3: Why were we weren't at the wedding Jen?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't expect to be invited to her wedding? What I was her daughter? I don't think I was even invited to Jason's wedding. Oh my god, you were at Jason's wedding. I had a real good time apparently, right, So just talk about this is the peach pit after Dark's dawning moment like this is when it became a real place, I guess, but I mean they want to buy it, but Dylan doesn't have any money, so I don't know how they think they're going to buy it.
Speaker 1: Well, I think he figured that out right, he's taking out a second on his house.
Speaker 4: I think he took out a second.
Speaker 1: Mortgage to get the money because he doesn't want to was not happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't want every all his friends to know he's broke. But uh, what you make vow kind of weird?
Speaker 3: Beans weird why that he doesn't want his friends now?
Speaker 1: Correct? But also Valerie says, Valerie like sets him up in this because she so in the very beginning of the episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah she does like heya, mm hmm, that's.
Speaker 4: A really not a cool move.
Speaker 3: When she's not cool, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: And then she asks all and confused and conflicted while they're talking about it at the Walsh table, and finally she tells them what she knows. I don't get this girl's motives. I don't understand. She's kind of all over the place.
Speaker 1: Terrible secret keeper too, Like, come on.
Speaker 3: I think she's not good. She's not good at chess, like she's trying to play the game and play everybody. But she's just she's slipping up, or she's too invest it in him not.
Speaker 2: To slip up. I don't know what. It takes a lot of energy to play the game.
Speaker 5: I mean maybe I couldn't do it, so Gabrielle.
Speaker 3: Sorry, going back to Gabrielle's talk show, Her talk show started nineteen ninety five, so I'm just wondering if she maybe did the pilot that's why she.
Speaker 2: Does she leave the show to do that or does she come back? Well, I don't understand, just left with no explanation of where Andrea goes.
Speaker 3: Well you'll see, yeah, I'll see. No, we know, Wait I don't. I don't remember. Why is she leave?
Speaker 1: It's not like she just vanishes.
Speaker 2: No, well, she vanished in this episode.
Speaker 3: It's not like Brenda in London. It's just like but even.
Speaker 2: Got a heads up that Brenda was going to London.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: Wait, he's weird to not see a main character at all.
Speaker 3: I agree, But sometimes, like back in the day, you would have like a series regular, but you would be like now it's like ten episodes, so you'd be like a seven out of ten before, Like, I wonder if it was does she have that thing like this let her out for a whole episode.
Speaker 1: But it's crowded. Maybe she get paid. Maybe it wasn't her choice, Maybe they just didn't have a story for her.
Speaker 3: But she's getting paid anyway, is what I'm thinking. So I would utilize the talent. I don't know, very bizarre.
Speaker 2: Did you guys know this? What oh I was saying?
Speaker 3: Do you think maybe in theory they were like, Okay, this show could go on forever, but these people are gonna get old, so we can't go on with them forever, so maybel or so maybe we set up Jim and Cindy having another baby and then I don't know, any like soap operas where they're like they're two and then like a week later they're like sixteen and hot.
Speaker 1: Or and then it's like the second generation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I don't think so, because she doesn't have a tell me that Cindy doesn't have a baby. No, And I forgot all about it.
Speaker 3: Amy. I wanted to tell her for a second, just pretend for one second.
Speaker 1: That would have sane. That would have been so insane it'd be.
Speaker 3: Cool, though, Brenda Squared.
Speaker 2: Can we talk about the fact that there's no ceiling on the peach pit of course, did you guys Okay, I don't know if you guys know this when you're watching shows like this, But our sets never had ceilings on them. Practically, they were just the walls would go up and then there would just be the abyss into like whatever the lighting rigs were up in the raptors or whatever, like blackness. And I kept seeing off the set in the store, in the peach pit, Oh, in the peach pit when they're having their rave, when they're having their super hot party.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 2: And also when when they're in the when they're in the peach pit. Why does Steve's money look so fake?
Speaker 3: Because it was fake?
Speaker 2: He flashes like money to the the fire department.
Speaker 1: There's like money, not money.
Speaker 2: Did you hear his reference to fire Marshall Bill. That's my favorite.
Speaker 3: What does that name from from?
Speaker 1: Anymore?
Speaker 3: A Living Color?
Speaker 1: Which was also on Fox.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jim Carrey did Fire Marshall Bill?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: In Living Color?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the best.
Speaker 3: Who is the director that used to wait? Remember, oh, looked.
Speaker 2: Just like him. We had a direction. Yeah, it looked just like.
Speaker 3: We do it and like, yeah, firea knowing that Barbie was going to be the hottest thing around.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, there was so much pink in this episode. And you had a baby shirt on baby, but it would have said baby, but it was Barbie. I wish.
Speaker 1: It was kind of amazing.
Speaker 2: Everybody was wearing pink in this episode and Jackie Taylor was wearing pink. You were wearing pink? What's Kathleen Claire was wearing pink? Yeah, everybody's wearing pink.
Speaker 1: We've got to talk about the whole photo shooting situation too, that's like insane. But what do you Where do you want to go first?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about I want to talk about Ray so bummed.
Speaker 4: He's not a good guy. That was my main takeaway.
Speaker 2: This is all happening very differently for me and probably for you to.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, because I thought he was like the night and shining armor, I mean, bad boy, asked. But I gotta tell you I know how to pick him what.
Speaker 2: First of all, he's very strong that he could get that pumpkin up those stairs, the round stairs staircase that goes to the beach apartment deck. How did he get that pumpkin up there?
Speaker 3: That's all I really wanted to know, this manual labor.
Speaker 1: The show could have been different if they made him a great guy, like make Ray a great guy, because Jamie Walters.
Speaker 4: Was a star.
Speaker 1: So I was my main thing because I know what's coming and we're already starting to get foreshadowing of that. Is like, why didn't they just make him a great guy and like have that be a great relationship for Donna, maybe even change the course of the show.
Speaker 3: So how I remember, sorry, So how I remembered it is he was a great guy, and then I thought they just like did that storyline, Like I didn't know it was planned since now I thought he was supposed to be good.
Speaker 2: Well, he doesn't wear a seatbelt. First of all, I think that is very dangerous message and everyone's true. I think he's he's he's.
Speaker 1: Like he was driving the truck though the driving scenes real, pretty real.
Speaker 2: But he wasn't wearing a seatbelt. Just saying they make you wear your seatbelt. Nowadays you can't film anything near a car without using your seat belt. I feel like.
Speaker 3: They did then too, when as.
Speaker 4: The seatbelt law came around that time.
Speaker 2: I mean, because I remember we didn't have to wear him a lot in the show, and then all of a sudden it was the thing that we always had to strap in.
Speaker 1: I mean I remember not wearing a seatbelt and throwing trash out the car window, Like what were we thinking? People would just hurl McDonald's bags? What?
Speaker 4: Yes, people would litter.
Speaker 1: That's why litter became a big campaign, like don't litter, and there's fines for littering because it was like insane that people would just up garbage.
Speaker 2: Why doesn't Kelly like Ray Pruitt, She's because she thinks he's not good enough for Donna.
Speaker 3: I just had to take a moment and think, if you've liked any of my boyfriends on the show, on the show, on the show, I think she likes Yeah, you think she likes David.
Speaker 2: I think she had to because his mom married his dad.
Speaker 3: Like Joe, you like Joe, Joe's gonna come along, he's too nice, and Fanila and and I don't stay with him, but you liked him.
Speaker 1: Cameron Bancroft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's so many boys for Donna. I didn't really ever realize how many boyfriends you had. This is it's counting getting higher and higher. Griffin is weird. He takes you on this elaborator. Okay, he digs an airplane. The airplane, you guys, the airplane scene, please please love it as much as I did. That is so unrealistic looking.
Speaker 1: It reminded me of Linda Carter when she was flying the invisible plane in Wonder Woman. He doesn't even have.
Speaker 2: On the headphones. You have to have headphones. Everybody knows that when you drive an airplane you have to have those big things on your ears. Neither of them had that.
Speaker 3: She didn't want to cover them up. They want him to look hot, so that you jumped.
Speaker 1: In a plane with that guy. We don't know his.
Speaker 2: That doesn't do't I'm scared of flying. I mean it was just that was weird. Okay, they're getting they're trying to show how rich he is, and I.
Speaker 3: Mean I like that part. I'm not mad, but it's just so.
Speaker 1: Stulate him a better guy, you know what.
Speaker 4: Like I have to say, I like this. I love the juiciness. I love the drama.
Speaker 1: Make both these guys great guys, Like, make them both great.
Speaker 3: Cheers us dramatic.
Speaker 2: He's like a great guy. What's wrong with him?
Speaker 1: Well, he gets so sort of bent out of shape when she's sort of like having her moment.
Speaker 3: It's just like, wait, actually, Jen's right though, Actually he says, I'll be a perfect gentleman. I won't catch you. He's the whole thing. Is you planned all this? Wait?
Speaker 2: The guy you guys have you guys aren't like like serious yet. And he just assumed that you would spend the night Donna would spend the night on fantasy Island. I didn't understand why Donna was so upset about it.
Speaker 3: Why because she's.
Speaker 1: Heart ray? Is that the reasons?
Speaker 2: Sure, he is already distracted.
Speaker 4: You're so done with this sweet griffin and I didn't.
Speaker 3: But also he wants her to give it up, right, like he's planned this night.
Speaker 4: I don't know what he wants, don't.
Speaker 3: Know necessarily yeah, true, true, he's hoping. He's a boy, you guys, he's hoping, all right, he's justa like.
Speaker 1: On their plane. Also though, good thing they didn't take the boat. Have you guys ever taken that? Yeah? I threw up.
Speaker 3: I I did that pregnant once?
Speaker 4: Oh god, really bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, But like I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, So she dumps him, how does she get back off the island? It's so it's probably such an awkward chance.
Speaker 4: That barf boat.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope she rinsed her mouth out before she mete out with Ray then.
Speaker 2: Because she goes back and hello, Donna, you are not very smart either, because yeah, you just go out in the middle of the night to a deserted pumpkin patch where they don't even lock the pumpkins us like.
Speaker 3: A hooker at night, Like, yes, you're right, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 2: So I was screaming at the TV.
Speaker 3: How many times in life have you said? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: And what are the odds he's there?
Speaker 3: At it? To my tab like he.
Speaker 1: Doesn't live at the pumpkin patch?
Speaker 2: There have Donna. I've already told you, Donna is my favorite character in the show. I love everything about the way you look, especially in this episode. You look so good. And then there's Ray and I just don't get it. I don't see the attraction. And honestly, he's kind of like Amba with him. So I hope he starts doing something crazy and getting whatever, because maybe it'll make it more exciting.
Speaker 6: Been a.
Speaker 1: Guitar and sang and we all swooned, and she got the great guy. But he's going to.
Speaker 3: Her wait for it.
Speaker 1: But he's a big jerk, and we see it anyone. If somebody smashed a giant pumpkin on my front porch, they're done, you guys.
Speaker 3: He was Why am I king defensive? He was mad? He was mad. By the way, Claire, I'm sorry. That broke girl code, Like she why would she say that? Why would she do that? Listen, she breaks girl code all the time.
Speaker 2: You're right, You're right she does. Yes, damn dating your ex boyfriend?
Speaker 4: What was with the watermelon?
Speaker 2: Godd who ideal with the watermelons thing?
Speaker 3: Sorry, Jen, I'll tell you one thing. So improv thing here. So when Claire says to Ray, sorry, she's on a date, she because we've told her the story, don't go away, mad, just go away. So she inserted that don't go away mad, Yeah, don't go away mad. I was waiting, Sorry, So I was.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for her to say just go away.
Speaker 3: I know. I feel like she probably did it in a take in the music. But okay, sorry, everyone's wondering. Way, that's funny.
Speaker 1: So that was a line that you all said to each other.
Speaker 3: So it was a line from the episode Euphoria when Emily Valentine. There was I don't even know jen she was.
Speaker 2: I think she was like drunk or something, and she was saying to somebody I don't even remember her, don't go away, mad, just go away. And just the way she said it and the way it was written, and it all stuck with all of us, and so we just started repeating it always.
Speaker 3: We would just always say to each other, don't go away mad, just go away. And we told Kathleen the story and she said it to Ray.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: So they had a lot going on. I guess we're jumping off the Ray thing again. I will go back to how did he then lift an enormous pumpkin?
Speaker 3: Wait, why is that your foot over the edge, and why is that the thing that stands out the most to you?
Speaker 2: Because I got that pumpkin was like as big as one of those little smart cars.
Speaker 1: I agree. I lifted a pumpkin that was just sort of this size the other.
Speaker 3: Day, dense, but's a pumpkin patch. This is what he does, is he carries out pumpkins for people.
Speaker 2: He would have had to use a fork lift, okay to lift that pumpkin, or like Arie'll drop it in on a crane, just smashing it. Logistics bug me. Okay, so you want to talk about Claire and and David watermelon? Who does that? Who's ever done a sexy let's squish watermelon and squeeze the juices on each other?
Speaker 1: What the stickiest thing?
Speaker 3: Always somebody? I mean, yeah, why a watermelon?
Speaker 2: Just to get him shirtless? Just to get Oh, his shirt is messy. He's gonna have to take his shirt off, so then we could all see how like lean and muscly Brian was at that time. Hmmm, I don't know. The handcuffs, the handcuffs, Lean it already.
Speaker 3: I was already taken. So they had to do a watermelon.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're really cute together. I actually kind of think that their chemistry is cute together, and I enjoy them acting together.
Speaker 3: But my face looking at you saying that they're cute, I agree with you. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think it's fun.
Speaker 3: I don't like them together.
Speaker 2: You don't really like them together.
Speaker 3: That's because you're it's your personal Okay, fine, fine, fine, that's why you can't.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, I actually think they're sort of cute, and I thought I sort of liked the like I don't know what that word is that comedy of like.
Speaker 2: Loose, like a loose thing going yeah, yeah, I like a loose fun yeah like young, I liked it. I like the pillow. I like when she buried him in the pillow.
Speaker 1: That was amusing and cute.
Speaker 2: And how much do you love Chancellor Arnold and the hilarious faces that he makes? He is cracking me.
Speaker 3: Up, Nichol.
Speaker 1: He's totally a dad.
Speaker 3: He's adorable.
Speaker 2: He's a door bell?
Speaker 3: Is he maybe taking your mind off of Jim Wall maybe for a second, just saying.
Speaker 2: Maybe, yeah, I have a thing for the older gays?
Speaker 3: Yeah, how did you feel that came out wrong? Wait, that didn't sound right. That sounded like you said something else gays. I have a thing for the older case. Well I do actually, so.
Speaker 4: There doing that, June Cindy still, uh, you know?
Speaker 3: Do it?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: You guys? This is what's like getting offensive but not offensive. We don't care. But she's forty.
Speaker 2: No, they are acting like even if they were acting like they were fifty or sixty, they're probably still going to be having sex as a married couple.
Speaker 1: But it was so low.
Speaker 3: What's wrong?
Speaker 1: With that, let's have a baby?
Speaker 2: My god, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: No, I wasn't zoom and who on that. Like I was like, oh, that's like our parents.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: That's the hard part. Like we look at them, we're like, oh, those are parents, but we're older than them.
Speaker 4: An interesting thing.
Speaker 1: Even though we're old. Now when I watch that's still the parents. I'm very much not feeling that they should be messing around and having babies and their parts.
Speaker 2: She should just stay in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: You want her shoes off too? Mm hmm, wait, okay.
Speaker 2: Can we can we go to Vowel and Dylan for a second. Well, it's just really vowl is so cute. I just have the unbelievable urge to button her pants. I just need to come in and button them up. I just want to button them. It's like she forgot to button her pants.
Speaker 4: It's a look.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 3: Wait, you're looking up, you're looking down. You're not you're not looking at the scene.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: She's right. The episode's mediocre.
Speaker 2: Her pants are unbuttoned, and and I get it. It was a choice, but it distracted me a lot.
Speaker 1: It's where we have the whole he wanted to kiss me thing, and I was just like, you know, yeah, this is like you're caught, like at least now own up to it.
Speaker 4: I did not like that.
Speaker 1: I was like.
Speaker 2: What she said to the parents.
Speaker 4: Or yeah, like it was just oh gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's a liar. She is a liar.
Speaker 3: But she's a liar.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's broke, like and it's just like, dude, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: And then they go she goes to his house right on the doorstep, and she he like hips her head off.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, yes, because.
Speaker 2: He's such a jerk these days.
Speaker 3: Because he's strong, he can't handle himself. He's an addict.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness, okay, but he's way too desperate and he's and then she mean, then she abused him, he abuses her, and then she goes for comfort to him.
Speaker 4: Yes, I didn't like it at all.
Speaker 6: And and I know, but she has issues, so like she she does.
Speaker 3: She's been through a lot, right.
Speaker 2: I know, but really, who is going to believe what she has or hasn't been through? Like, I don't know what the truth is. Yeah, you're right with this girl.
Speaker 4: They were better for both of them.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Needs to behave better and Dylan needs to behave better.
Speaker 3: But do we want them to behave better?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm tired of seeing drunk Dylan, like all dishoveled and cranky, and.
Speaker 1: You're almost done.
Speaker 2: Don't worry almost over good because I wanted him to clean his act up.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, I agree. I'm going to agree on that.
Speaker 2: I'm happy that that's going to happen soon. Okay, so we go back.
Speaker 3: We go back to the Kevin and Suzanne thing.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm mmm, which was done with eons ago. People will remember same, Yes, I think people the fans would remember, but.
Speaker 3: It's just been a long gap and now to bring it up, it's just like it's a lot. Are they amy ever?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't want to ruin it, but the money, there's some looking for the money, yes, and there's resurfacing of.
Speaker 4: The characters.
Speaker 3: Kevin two. I can't look at that porn stash anymore. Are you telling me's coming back? I just want to know.
Speaker 4: I'm worrying about the daughter.
Speaker 1: The sister. And then they do get the money. I don't want to run it.
Speaker 2: Well, then stop talking, because you just said too much. They get the money? What?
Speaker 7: What about the relationship between Kelly and her mother and her sister and the jealousy and what.
Speaker 2: Is happening with that. I don't appropriate because for me, Kelly sort of looks shallow and worried about we're She's so worried about not being her mom, thinking she's not pretty and like, why is you didn't ask me to be the model? Like what?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: I think that she's her mom made her feel that way, Like that's her trauma coming out.
Speaker 4: H that's right, Tori.
Speaker 2: Does she feel like, oh, Aaron the new star of the show and I my mom likes her better or something.
Speaker 1: I think she's also just like, wait, this is a mother daughter thing. I'm your daughter whiting. I wasn't Kelly as much as I was sort of like Jackie didn't.
Speaker 4: Yikes.
Speaker 2: Well, she comes clean and is very vulnerable and honest about why she didn't ask Kelly, And for a split second, I could understand that as an older woman with young, beautiful daughters like I could see where she was coming from. She didn't want to look like the grandma because she's so much.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's because your long hair and bangs are gone now and Aaron has them? I'm just wondering if that's possibly it.
Speaker 1: I just don't think either of you in real life would ever behave that way. I think you would be so thrilled to include your daughters and everything you're doing, and you don't really. Yeah, but the Jackie Taylor, Yeah, Jackie's a mask.
Speaker 2: She's she's got big time issues.
Speaker 3: I like the scene with Kelly and Cindy.
Speaker 4: Though, has the ice cream?
Speaker 3: I really like?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree to.
Speaker 1: Happen.
Speaker 4: Very sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that's Kelly always turns to missus Walsh, And I think it's even cuter now that Kelly and Brandon are dating. Yes, although it was weird because we never even saw Kelly and Brandon in the same scene together that I can think of.
Speaker 1: There was the whole thing they brand for the show.
Speaker 2: But she did go to his house and end up with his mommy, which was sweet. It was it was a sweet moment. I was obsessed with her lace cardigan, Kelly's lace cardigan. I wanted that so bad, so good.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're going to aige ourselves here.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 3: Did Aaron not look like Bewitched the doc?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, likeab Yes? Sorry? And I know now that was from the seventies, so I'm really aging herselves. Sorry you guys, but Tabithan bs I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Aaron, Oh what was her name?
Speaker 5: Aaron?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Her name was also Aaron. But the access it was, Yeah, things bothers me and you all may have a take on it. Is Brandon even friends with Dylan?
Speaker 2: Like not at this point valid question because he's not helping, he's not intervening, he's not helping him. He's not he doesn't seem worried about him. He just seems sort of pissed at him.
Speaker 3: So is your boyfriend, Like, how does that make you feel?
Speaker 2: I don't know, because we've earn't any scenes together.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know what it is. I feel like, deep down he's just he's jealous. He gets in the way because of Kelly, and I think that takes over friendship, which sucks.
Speaker 2: But what you're saying that Brandon's jealous of Dylan, not jealous.
Speaker 3: But there's a history and now he's in love with Kelly, and Kelly has a history with Dylan, and I think maybe that oversh I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that it overshadows his ability to bro code like jump in and be like, hey, you're my brother, like literally, like why aren't Why isn't he helping him? He's not helping him, so I guess I'm no.
Speaker 2: I feel like he's tried, like in kind of little bits, but at.
Speaker 3: This point you've got to go back.
Speaker 1: My season five sort of thoughts are one is all these relationships in my mind, Like Dylan and Brenda were together way longer, Kelly and Dylan were together way longer in my mind. And Brandon and Dylan were like inseparable best friend in my mind, like like two best friends that you could dream of, and in the rewatch, I'm like, are they their friendship sucks?
Speaker 2: H Yeah? You think of them as like best friends forever, these two guys when you think of nine or two one, Oh, it was Brandon and Dylan.
Speaker 3: That mountain scene, Guys, I see it right now. I'll never forget it. Hang off the mountain like that was it? Like those were the two coolest best guy friends ever and they saved each other's lots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but now it's just so fractured. Do you think they're gonna come back together?
Speaker 3: It's never gonna be the same. Yeah, But okay, hold on, if I were to step back, if I were Brandon, I'd be like, Okay, Dylan broke my sister's heart, he broke my girlfriend's heart, like I don't know.
Speaker 4: And he's a big drunk right now, yeah, and angry. I get it.
Speaker 3: And Brandon's the I started to say, the principal. No, Brandon's the he's the president.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like that. Yeah, it's the it's weird on the rewatch, it's like, oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It makes you think different of characters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's more banks and sort of more like in my mind, it was all smooth sailing, like except for maybe the the two things that stand out is what Dylan and Kelly kind of did to Brenda and then I choose me, which you know, it's like otherwise it felt a little bit more like these are all just a great group of friends.
Speaker 6: But it's like, right, but that's life, right when we were actually that age, that's how things actually went, and now looking back on it in real life, where like, that's not how our lives went.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I weirdly had a moment this morning as I was getting ready for this, like, man, we got some newcomers coming.
Speaker 3: Like who's coming.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just saying, like, as the seasons go on, I don't know what made my mind do this, but it's like the core group. Really, there's a lot of people that were on this show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's already pulled apart.
Speaker 4: We're in my mind it's friends.
Speaker 1: You know how on Friends they all were there, the whole them.
Speaker 2: In my mind, it's just them too. But yeah, as well, the season started to get later, more and more people were involved.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, because Friends, they banded together as a unit and asked for a million dollars an episode and stuck together. And that didn't happen here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we all broke up.
Speaker 3: Jen I stayed.
Speaker 2: Awa they could afford Friends salary, so we had to be.
Speaker 1: Because they were ten years too.
Speaker 3: But just to say, we stuck around, so you know, we played that and like.
Speaker 1: Look not for nothing, one, two, three, four of you stayed and there was only six friends, So if two more were a stage, you would have been at Friends.
Speaker 3: What are we now then?
Speaker 1: Hmm?
Speaker 2: Will and Grace, I just want to say you always give me so much for my short hairdo, and I don't disagree with you. I don't care for it, but my point is you have the same, she shared.
Speaker 3: Does so wait, no, I can I can justify this.
Speaker 2: You love my hair so much that you wanted to get it cut just like it.
Speaker 3: It is not that due that i'm mad at. I actually look back to that one. The one I don't like is coming. What I refer to in a loving way as the soccer mom do is not here yet. The one you have now I was into and I still stand by that. But it's longer. It's you got the Okay, it gets shorter.
Speaker 2: I just think it's cute how we all have bobs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the bobs get shorter.
Speaker 3: So my six year old was watching this with me and he said, I like your hair short, gench she and I was like, it makes me look old though, and he was like, I don't think so you look great with short hair. I was like, don't tell.
Speaker 2: I'm glad I'm not the only voice of reason. And you're like, I know you look beautiful both ways, but I love you with short hair.
Speaker 1: Okay. So that's it.
Speaker 2: So this is all we have to talk about with this. I don't even I don't know what do you give it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Gosh eight point five?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 3: She's never gonna give it ever anything great.
Speaker 1: It's totally great. Like there's a lot of drama, there's juicy stuff, there's stuff to laugh at.
Speaker 3: Like we're gonna be eleven season that never even happened. You're still gonna be going eight point five.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know how I'll feel when we kind of jump the shark in like another year or two. So sorry, but yeah, I just wish it was a good dude, I would have really, I really like watching Jamie Walters. He's a real star to me, and it's like, oh God, they made him so bad right from the go, yuck.
Speaker 3: Why didn't they do that?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's not smart? Okay, Jen, what what rating?
Speaker 2: I'll give it like a six and a half.
Speaker 3: I'll give it a seven. I don't is Chuck still?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think we need to ask Chuck why they made very bad?
Speaker 3: Oh? Can we ask him?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I kind of want to.
Speaker 2: Let's text him.
Speaker 3: And he'll be very excited for this and the oh oh whoa wait, yeah he was still doing it. Yeah, he was illumining, so he'll be excited about the music.
Speaker 1: So let's ask.
Speaker 5: This is it?
Speaker 2: So we have next week we have uh Episode eight O, Season five Things that go bang in the night.
Speaker 3: Oh God, don't tell me someone's gonna get shot. Oh it's not bumping the night, which it should be banging the night. So something else happens. Oh no, we'll see, we'll see, all right.
Speaker 2: Everybody, Love you, love you, Thanks for hanging in with us. Love you guys.