Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Gatty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Tonight's speculation mounting over whether Taylor Swift will perform at the Super Bowl. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell saying maybe when asked about it, referring questions to jay Z, the show's producer, Stay tuned.
Speaker 4: I love that David Vier uses as serious foot I know, stuff.
Speaker 2: Like using the same voice as he uses for hamas Israel. Talk about Taylor Swift, whether or not she'll be the super Bowl. I like the way Goodell handlet Yes, she could be. I don't know. Jay Z's producing, that's him. The super Bowl is this year, seventy miles from my house at Levi Stadium. I'm gonna go commit to going no matter who's in it, because I've never been to a super Bowl, and I've always wanted to have the experience just to talk about, like on the show and everything like that. So I'm going to commit to going this year. I love that idea great idea. One way or another, I'm gonna figure it out. Speaking of the NFL.
Speaker 4: Why are the Eagles so good and have stayed good and are going to be great again this year?
Speaker 2: It's because then a counting trick we can tell you about. And with the season starting tonight, who does Vegas think are the best locks for being in the Super Bowl? We'll hate you with those odds. Excellent. So I came across the Wall Street Journal's editorial board writing about, as the headline puts it, Trump's gun boat war on drugs, the blowing up of that Narco boat and it's eleven crew members the other day, and we were talking about it yesterday in case you missed it, and how it's interesting as his maneuvers go, because you know, there's not the death penalty for transporting drugs, but we blew that boat out of the water. And before we get to the Wall Street Journal, let's see a couple of notes. First of all, listen, let me throw in a couple of the facts from Marco Rubio that might be helpful before the people start replying to what happened. Secretary Start Market Groupe, Secretary of State, Marco Rubio. We're not in a hurry. We have four hours. I don't have to fit all the words into one sentence in one second. Marco Rubio said yesterday that Trump chose to destroy it. We could have arrested him, but Trump decided to instead of interdicting it on the president's orders. We blew it up and it'll happen again. Rubio said yesterday, Ah, interesting, Yeah, and he said that the vessel, like others carrying drugs, posed an immediate threat to the United States, which gave the United States the right to destroy it. The president has a right to eliminate immediate threats to our country. The President's not a talker, he's a doer, and he's going to do it. Rubio argued the strike was justified because use anytime we just stopped stopped drug smuggling boats, it yields in sufficient results. It hasn't worked Cartel's factor in a two percent loss from interdictions, he said, arguing that drug seizures won't stop them. What will stop them is if you blow them up. The president, the president is going to wage war on narco terrorist organizations.
Speaker 4: I need to get that on a T shirt. What will stop them is if you blow them up. Yeah, I'm not sure I'd buy all of his argument. There are flaws there and assumptions, but I like the maneuver, and I thought I didn't know what the Wall Street Journal board, which side of this they would weigh in on.
Speaker 2: And I was very very curious in reading it.
Speaker 4: And long story short is they're like, yeah, it's kind of interesting. For the reasons we mentioned, you could go aboard for search and seizure, making arrest for a trial little later date.
Speaker 2: That's the way civilized countries do things, to mister Trump's critics, but Venezuelan coppos don't follow the Marcus of Queensbury rules, and the US does not have to refrain from sending them a more convincing kinetic message. Wow. And speaking of facts that ought to be known, they point out that in Venezuela, the transnational criminal cartels, in their range of grizzly businesses which include kidnapping, extortion, human trafficking, and murder lots and lots of murder, are also the tools of the Maduro dictatorship. Maduro uses the cartels and that stuff to repress the population, gives them impunity for their organized crime, profits from them, and in fact, the Maduro regime owns the cartel. The Cartel delos Sules or Cartel of the Suns named for get this, the Insignia Venezuelan generals earn as they move up in rank. Wow, it's like if a the branch of the mafia referred to themselves as the four star Mafia because all the generals in our army were in on it. That's all interesting, but it's not supposed to be. According to a lot of us, our role to determine that that country's leadership sucks, so we should play a role in overthrowing it or hurting them.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, we're not supposed to do that. Well, according to whom you innocent boy, come on anyway. So the US is designating to a foreign terrorist group and it's known to run cocaine operations from coca leaf to distribution on the American streets. They're in league with Trendy Arragua, and beyond drugs, they specialize in extortion, human trafficking. Is there evil, evil, violent scumbags?
Speaker 2: I don't doubt it. But man, there's lots of evil scumbags around the world, and we don't and we got to kill them all. Are you against that? We don't bris, Larry, We don't drone all of them. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna lose it any minute. I Am not going to lose any sleep over these eleven people that got obliterated on their drug boat. At all. Of all the things I got to worry about, this is way way down the list. But it seems like if you're going to go with bringing drugs into the United States counts as a death penalty threat, where we can just drone you out of nowhere. Can't you expand that to a bunch of different stuff. Yeah?
Speaker 4: Possibly, And that was the part of the Rubio argument that I wasn't buying.
Speaker 2: Do you have that in front of you still? It was the very first part. Okay, and this was in Mexico yesterday when he said this. He did it again.
Speaker 4: I just I don't like bad arguments, even if I agree with the policy.
Speaker 2: US forces could have stopped the boat that officials say was carrying illegal drugs from Venezuela, according to Marco Rubio, but President Donald Trump chose and said to destroy it, killing eleven people instead of interdicting it on the president's orders. We blew it up and it'll happen again. When asked if they warned the crew, Rubio said, the best, like other carrying drugs, posed an immediate threat to the United States, giving the country the right to destroy it. Yeah, that's that's the rub right there, in immediate indirect weeks later, probably.
Speaker 4: When the drugs got distributed on the streets. Threat that might kill people.
Speaker 2: That might kill people, right, or it might just make them really high, so they hang over at the waist on the streets of Seattle, drooling from the mouth and ruining their lives. These people are evil and horrible. And as we're discussing yesterday, if somebody does precisely the same things as say, an Islamist extremist organization, they kill, they maim, they bomb, but they're doing it in the name of profit, like the cartels, or control like Maduro in league with the cartels. Terrorist isn't the right name for them. But in terms of moral, legal justifytion for snuffing them, I'm pretty comfortable with it. Well, I don't want to sound like I'm on the that I'm really concerned about this, because I'm not. But the Islamo fascists their goal is to kill people. I would assume the drug dealer's goal is not to kill people. They would love it if you all stayed alive and get buying their drugs. So their intent isn't to kill people like the Islama fashions is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what if it is reckless endangerment the size of Mount everest fully knowing that what they do will kill It's not their intent per se, but it's the inevitable result, and they know it sure well, clearly this administration decided, Yeah, that counts for us. Also, as I mentioned yesterday, and again, we don't want China to set the standard. But you think China allows other countries to mess with China if they can stop it. If anybody who's sending anything into China that she didn't like, they would freaking destroy them.
Speaker 2: Obviously, right, right?
Speaker 4: Have we gotten a little too sweet and gentle and principled to survive as a republic. That's actually a question worth asking. It's kind of uncomfortable for an American to ask that question because that's sort of right to kill people because well, they're a danger well the world.
Speaker 2: But that's always abused. The world is heading toward uglier, not more peaceful.
Speaker 4: A couple more notes. We got some emails this from some connection of letters. Once again, you've not done the research. I will enlighten you.
Speaker 2: I like the tone. I like the tone right off the bat. Oh it gets better. Please read the DoD Department of Defense Law of Law of War Manual, Chapters ten and eleven provides the authority. By the way, yes, before you go further, i'd like anybody who didn't hear. So this person's responding to what we said yesterday. And if you weren't listening, yesterday, we had a discussion just like we did. Now we we're going back and forth and neither one of us are sure. So this person's responding to us having a discussion where I don't know, you know, maybe this may be that it's not like we came off hardcore one way or the other.
Speaker 4: And testing each other's arguments, because that's what you do. For instance, and I've said this many times, if you send us an email and say, guys, I think you miss this because it's really important we remember blah blah blah, that's not insulting or hurtful.
Speaker 2: You've done me a favor. You've helped me form a better argument. And so we were going back and forth just as we were trying to think. All right, where do we come down on this? Anyway? So, once again you've not done the research. I will enlighten you. Please read the DoD Department of Defense Law War Manual, Chapters ten eleven. It provides the authorities and duties of our President, Donald J. Trumpe in times of war. We are at war, guys. I don't I know you two may not believe it, but martiall law was declared in his first term. Okay, so we're question the question of when we are actually at war? Given the Constitution, Congress is right to declare war, military opp special military opera, police actions, blah blah blah. Is a decades, practically centuries long fascinating conversations that Americans have had. But you, my friend, have figured all of that out. And anybody who doesn't is a stupid idiot who should be lectured. I congratulate you on your solemnnic wisdom, you mouthy prig. I shouldn't I retract that I aspologize? So which war is he referring to the war on terror? The war are on drugs. But that's not a war on worduro. The war on drugs is a rhetorical war. The war on terror is an actual war, is it? Well, there is the uh that Armed Forces Agreement thing that got passed after nine to eleven that they use for every attack on any country in the world for the last quarter century. But at least that's legislation. There's no military legislation about a war on drugs that I'm aware of. That was just verbiage, like the war on cancer. On I don't really.
Speaker 4: Even want to talk about it anymore because it's impossible to come to an answer of whether we are in fact, quote unquote at war with these people unless you're this guy who knows it with certainty.
Speaker 2: And then are you gonna use his logic the war on drugs? You could? You could drone strike Nestley because chocolate has sugar in it and leads to more cancer.
Speaker 4: Or obliterate immigrants as they line up at the border, right, I mean, if we have a war on immigration or whatever, let's see. I found this interesting from Byron Watch for Maduro his next movie. He'll begin placing innocence on his drug boats, whether for real or simple statements suggesting that they've been placed, a simple way to draw soft heads into a rebellious position against Trump's attempt to well do what he's obviously doing.
Speaker 2: Is opening move yesterday was to say it's fake. It was ai it didn't actually happen. Byron sums up with to hell with the soft heads, grow a pair and realize what the face of war looks like? Well again the war? Who are we on war with? At work?
Speaker 4: So harden up your head, grow some testicles, do the research, and read the DoD Law War Manual, Chapters ten and eleven.
Speaker 2: Man, I got a busy afternoon, so I'll have a really hard head and two sets of testicles. I don't know if that's gonna help my life. Oh, like you already have a nobody that believes that, shild Okay, Well, I'm to talk a little bit about the NFL season and a couple other things. Stay tuned. Hey do you see this? A c Span announced that they will start streaming on YouTube TV and Hulu. People who watch YouTube TV and Hulu are like, what the hell is he span? Well, people who watch sea Span are like, what the hell is YouTube t It's a good point we're gonna talk about. We're gonna break down the NFL season coming up. We all actually, what the Vegas odds are for Uh, who do they think are going to be the best teams? Excellent? And uh and I'm not gonna go. I'm gonna go to the super Bowl this year, So I'm looking into that.
Speaker 4: Young men of America. Does it seem like all the chicks you know are on drugs? It's because they probably are, but not like the drugs, drugs we used to enjoy back in the day. Uh, they're all on beta blockers. Specifically this drug pro proanolo.
Speaker 2: Ask for by name.
Speaker 4: It looks like pro pro pranolol. That's how you've probably pronounced.
Speaker 2: Is that what Michael Jackson took to get to sleep? No, that was the milk, silly? Which one was that?
Speaker 4: That was?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What? What is this drug women are taking? What do they take it for? It's a beta blocker originally developed for dealing with cardiovascular disease. It lowers your heart rate and your blood pressure, and it can reduce the physical symptoms of anxiety, although it is not approved by the FDA for that. I wish Katie was hero, but she knows all about that. Yeah, so it's interesting.
Speaker 4: This article opens up with as Erica's Fisher's Erica Fisher's nuptials approach. She's trying to decide should she take a beta blocker before she walks down the aisle.
Speaker 2: You're going to drug yourself at your wedding. You're going to drug yourself at your wedding because you don't want to feel the feelings that a company getting married. Some of them completely natural that everybody's had throughout history.
Speaker 4: Which is my objection to a lot of this, honestly, is well, Well, they talk about how loads and loads of people are taking this. Most people take it situationally. Musicians and actors, for instance, have long relied on beta blockers, like pro pronologue.
Speaker 2: That's funny because I was just about to say, there are things you're suppose You're supposed to be anxious before the game starts, before you walk on stage. That's the normal reaction. That's what gets you all geared up to perform so or your wedding day or whatever. So people are taking drugs to not have the normal human reaction. Well, that's interesting.
Speaker 4: And they talk about Robert Downey Junior during the twenty twenty four Golden Globe said I took a beta blocker, So this is going to be a breeze, and at this year's Academy Awards, actress Rachel Sinot's red carpet advice was take that beta blocker, girl, swallow it down and lock it in, and their sound bite became sort of a rallying cry for women who report experiencing anxiety disorders at higher rates than men.
Speaker 2: Now, I can see that it would be helpful if, for whatever reason, you have paralyzing anxiety at the idea of just walking into work or something like that. But but for things that are you know, legit anxious, you know, and events that are gonna make you anxious, why would you want to block that?
Speaker 4: I could name a couple of like, truly gifted musicians who stopped performing because they were so miserable they couldn't walk out on stage.
Speaker 2: Miles Davis used to throw up before he'd play he gets so nervous. Mmm, I do that before every show?
Speaker 4: Should I guess?
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty? Well, listen, we've got to do this. Let me hear you all saying he ow ge s meggs, let's go birds. We enjoyed that last year's Timeless when it was the Eagles were going to be in the Super Bowl, which a lot of people predict they will be again. And they played tonight against the Dallas Cowboys to kick off the NFL football season. They're supposed to be really good again. Would say, are they so good? And how do they last?
Speaker 4: How they continue to be so good? You want me to talk about that here?
Speaker 2: Why not? All right? I'm kind of interested in that.
Speaker 4: It's an accounting trick essentially that everybody can do, but the Eagles do it way more than others for reasons I will trot out in a moment or two. It's the basic formula has to do with the salary cap. Every dollar paid to a player has to be accounted for on the team's books. But you can get creative on when that cost hits. And so what they're doing now is they add dummy or void years at the end of a player's contract. They might be on the team or not, they might be retired or not, but they have these dummy years at the end, and they spread the bonus money out along the entire structure of the contract, the entire entire time of the contract.
Speaker 2: Here's how it works.
Speaker 4: When you sign a contract, two primary components your salary and your bonuses.
Speaker 2: The salary counts. Again, it's the cap for the year it's paid, obviously, but the hit from a signing bonus is spread over the length of a contract, which is then super stretched by these dummy years. I mean, in the case of how did you have that handy wow, And in the case of Jalen Hurts, I want to make sure I get this right. He's one of the highest paid quarterbacks, highest paid athletes in the history of the world. But his salary is the NFL minimum. Wow. Okay for a player of his years, but he has a ginormous signing bonus. Okay, that's pretty interesting. And the NBA's got its own scandal going on if you haven't seen that in the last twenty four hours, one of the best players in all of the NBA, Kawhi Leonard, he's got like a reasonable salary even though he's one of the best players. It turns out he they crafted some sort of deal where the twe he's getting twenty five million dollars from a local endorsement. That and the team kind of figured out a way to do the accounting where the money goes to that endorser who's paying him, so it doesn't show up as a salary cap. So they learned from the Philadelphia Eagles that you come up with the counting tricks because you if you had if you if you didn't have various salary caps, the richest team would usually win, usually not always, but usually win. Yeah enough to want to make them want to go ahead and do it. I will quibble.
Speaker 4: The Kawhi Leonard thing is just flat cheating. This is something everybody can do and does openly. But you have to have an owner who's willing to part with enormous amounts of cash up front. And also much like the United States government say, well, what the.
Speaker 2: Hell's gonna happen when we've got all of this stuff, all these obligations pile up in seven or eight years. You gotta have an owner who says, I don't care, let's just win a Super Bowl. I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often. Where you got the billionaire owners like Paul Allen and the Portland trail billers, the Portland team where they just have so much money that you know you're over the salary caps. You have to pay the penalty. I don't care what I care, Yeah, I want to win I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often, but it has been proven over and over at the Yankees and the Dodgers and different teams that haven't the most expensive payroll doesn't guarantee you win it all. It gives you much better shot. Obviously. By the way, Philadelphia is tied in Vegas for the best odds of winning the Super Bowl again with the Baltimore Ravens. So the Baltimore Ravens and the Eagles both have the two best odds according to Vegas, who is often very right, followed by your Packers, your Lions. Then you get down to your Chiefs and Bills. Those are the teams with the best options. Although as we pointed out yesterday, there's no way to factor in injuries, and that always plays a huge role because in this sport, some star players are going to get really hurt.
Speaker 4: What size, it's a different team six weeks into the season.
Speaker 2: What sucks is if you root for a team that the ownership doesn't actually care about trying to win. I mean they're running it as a business rather than as like a fan who wants to have the best team. And the Dallas Cowboys who played tonight America's team. There are more Dallas Cowboys fans than anybody. Troikman called out Jerry Jones, the owner, for clearly not being set on winning, at least in the immediate future, as they traded away their very best player over the summer, and then another player just like last week, one of their top players. So they're just and then that's tough when you're a fan, and you know that because there are other teams that are hell bent on winning all the time.
Speaker 4: Speaking of tough, I think we're all really excited looking forward to the release of ESPN and Spike Lee's Colin Kaepernick documentary series.
Speaker 2: I know I was.
Speaker 4: I was gonna watch every minute of it, but it has been quashed. It has been dropped because, according to his statement, ESPN, Colin Kaepernick Spike Leeve collectively decided to no longer proceed with this project as a result is certain creative differences. In essence, Kaepernick hated what Spike Lee was doing, Spike Lee hated what ESPN was doing. ESPN couldn't stand Colin Kaepernick, and nobody could agree on anything, and so they just said to hell with it and buried it.
Speaker 2: Hey, where is the game tonight Philadelphia. Doubts not where they're playing, but he no, But where do you find it to watch it? Can you look that up Michael while I'm talking. Maybe it's on ESPN. I don't know, but I know this year it's going to be harder to find your your games, and in some case you might not have the channel that is carrying the game of your favorite team, and you're gonna have to pay more for it. And that's just what the future of everything is becoming. Obviously, I had another football thing is going to throw out their persis. Oh so you told us not that long ago that they outlawed the tush push, right, the fact that the Eagles have the most big giant asses. They can't do that anymore. Uh yeah, I think that was the ruling, right, So being the team with the biggest asses is no longer. It's not the size of their asses that's fundamental to the success. You're a non fan. You sound like a chick.
Speaker 4: Oh that was sexist, and I apologize deeply. There are many women who are hardcore sports fans and they have my respect.
Speaker 2: Showing it on ABC right now, the toush push, the big giant asses pushing everybody over and then not the ass. It's the push that's the problem anyway, It's not the relative size of their glutes. So they they they they they outlawn that though, right, yes, okay, so now because it's dangerous and it's impossible to stop, and we talked about that. When they so are smaller, ashed teams will have shot. Okay, yes, Michael, you have the switch for his microphone. Michael, you know what? Yeah, where do I find out now? NBC tonight, NBC. Okay, it's on a regular network that I get. Don't have to pay extra. I don't have to go find it on like Amazon three and pay forty dollars a month to have it or something.
Speaker 4: This one's on BritBox. You have to be subscribed to Paramount and then the BBC to watch the Kings.
Speaker 2: All right, come on. It is by far the number one TV show in America, though I remember at the end of last year, I think nineteen at the top twenty shows were all NFL games, maybe a presidential debate in there or something. So in terms of everybody, in terms of a community thing that people watch, this is about the last of it. Yes, yes, I would like anybody who has any tips about going to the Super Bowl to email or text, because I am going to commit to going this year since it's at Levi Stadium in San Francisco Santa Clair, not that far from where I live. Because the travel. One of the things always stopped me from going is the travel, because he got to travel there, and you got to get a hotel, and that adds many, many more thousands of dollars. If I can have that, Since it's not that far from my house, I'm just a freaking get a ticket and figure out a way to get there. But I just still think it. I was talking to some of the other day who's gone to many Super Bowls, and they would They said it cost many tens of thousands of dollars each time. They went, Wow, that's a lot. Wow to see your favorite team play a football game. Yeah, guess why.
Speaker 4: I'd be tempted to just stand around the stadium, wait for the game to start and see if anybody wants to give them away.
Speaker 2: You know, I have scalped tickets for a lot of supposedly you can't get a ticket events in my life. I don't know if that works for the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Or not though, right, Yeah, I've I've just failed completely once at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think me too. No tickets, but I think me too. And I went to a bar across the street and watch it on TV. Now that's perfectly fine. Ruined my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm mostly different about going to the super Bowl because the actual experience washing the game is so much better at home.
Speaker 2: Did you go to a Super Bowl?
Speaker 4: No? I was going to, but yeah, the tickets yanked away from me in Ah.
Speaker 2: I remember that story, and it was your team that was playing. I almost would like it better to go on a year where I don't care who wins than if I got a super routing interest. But I don't know. I don't know. If you know anything about that, text or email please, I would like that. Of course, if it's going to cost many tens of thousands of dollars, I better get my financial life together. And one way to do that would be to have a trust and will. Courtesy of trust and Will, you can put that together with a plan starting at one hundred ninety nine dollars. You do it online. What's the difference between the trust and will? Do I need one? Do I need both? They will help guide you through all of that, and again you can create and manage your custom of state plan very reasonably. And you know you need this. You don't want to doom the people you love into long, ugly legal fights with the government taking a chunk and the rest of it. No, avoid those lengthy, expensive legal battles or the state deciding what happens to your assets. You'll have all your important documents in one place with bank level encryption. And I love really nice. I love the fact that you can get all that peace of mind starting at one hundred nine nine dollars and live customer support. If you have any problems, chat phone or email, they're going to help you out.
Speaker 4: And yes, of course it's state specific wherever you live, secure your assets, protect your loved ones with trust and will get twenty percent off on your state plan documents by visiting trust and will dot com slash armstrong. That's Trustendwill dot com slash Armstrong.
Speaker 2: The amount of betting that goes on around the NFL, in terms of legal and illegal wagering, is just insane. I was listening to the numbers this morning and it's a growing thing. It still is growing more and more people every year that are that get into that and enjoy it. So that's its own kind of side sport. I've never done that, but for some people, that's what the NFL season brings, is all the fun of the betting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll spice it up depending on your preferences. So we ought to talk about Florida moving toward to end vaccine mandates for school children at some point.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure I want to, but we certainly can. And that looks like that's actually going to happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, Yeah. DeSantis is on board with it, as is his surgeon general. I'm kind of surprised by that. I am too. I am too, So it's probably worth talking about.
Speaker 2: Plus an update on modern warfare number one military analyst and expert analyzing what was on display in China's big parade the other day. Plus AI is now is now on the battlefield. Fantastic. I love that sort of stuff. We got all that on the way. Stay here.
Speaker 4: We bring you the scintillating and revealing discussion between incredibly annoying Oregon Senator Ron Wyden and RFK junior Senator.
Speaker 1: I didn't politicize. There's Congress, but he's all.
Speaker 5: Over the country, mister secretary, scientists and doctors are saying otherwise. They're all wrong too, They're all lying.
Speaker 1: According to you, a scientist, doctors are supporting me all over the country. Oh there is division on opinion.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't get letters from thousands of people who are not political saying that this set of changes is going to damage American healthcare and particularly these healthcare agencies for decades to come.
Speaker 2: I don't get any.
Speaker 5: Letters, so I'll say, Oh, they're going to make a big difference forever.
Speaker 1: And maybe you're listening to a selective group of people.
Speaker 2: You get, you get me.
Speaker 1: And I will find I will tell you what Senator got. I will put my mail bag against your mail bag.
Speaker 4: I got a day way thirty seconds, you know, and we ought to use that clip before mailbag every morning.
Speaker 2: Hanson an hour one of the show. I don't want you. I don't want to watch you two guys put your mail bags against each other. But it's not his fault. I realize whatever happened with his voice RFK Junior, I find impossible to listen to just because of his voice. I just I can't. It's so distracting, and I just ah. Anyway, a doctor friend of mine texted, so we're gonna get into the whole. Looks like Florida is gonna do way with the mandates for vaccines for school. Wow, entirely. I thought they would just narrow it down to like the Big ten or something like that of the stuff that everybody agrees on. But they're just gonna do it away with mandates. But anyway, a doctor friend of mine texted, there are now seventy two vaccines required from birth to age eighteen. Seventy two vaccines you get between birth and eighteen. That seems like a lot. Yeah, are all of those strictly necessary? Can't be? It's impossible that they are. I don't know.
Speaker 4: And it's also of those boosters or that's a lot of shots.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of shots, I know. I was always said during COVID's It just it just strange credulity to think that when there are billions and billions of dollars on the line for somebody to check the box. Yes, let's make this mandated, as opposed to know that, right, that doesn't play a role. Right.
Speaker 4: There are some childhood diseases that are mostly just annoying. But you know, as long as you get in seventy shots, how about let's have another one in a booster. Seventy two billions of dollars will change hands. Yeah, I agree. And as we were discussing earlier, having utterly shredded their credibility, Yeah, during and after COVID, the CDC and the other you know, vaunted institutes of health, a lot of people are either neutral or negative about hearing what they have to say about anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Did we make it clear that are RFK Junior is being questioned by a committee right now as we speak, and we'll have more highlights from that if there are any. But part of RFK Junior's opening statement was the CDC lied about all kinds of things during COVID. Why do you believe them now? Yeah, well, fair enough.
Speaker 4: That's why you don't want to chuck your credibility if you can avoid it. So, Florida is proposing to eliminate all vaccine mandates, including for school children. It would make it the first state in the US to end immunization requirements.
Speaker 2: That doesn't sound very rond desantasy.
Speaker 4: It does not. His Surgeon general and I should have asked for this audio because the Surgeon General, Joseph Vlatipoe, who I'm sure is a fine fellow and a fine physician, goes a bit al Sharpton on us with every la is talking about the vaccine directives issued by.
Speaker 2: Or a Department of health. Every last one of them is wrong and drips with disdain and slavery. Who am I, as a government or anyone else, is a man standing here now to tell you what you should put in your body? Yeah, the drop.
Speaker 4: Outfits safely and effectively eliminates deadly childhood diseases and protects other children from getting it.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, and then just don't be using the slavery thing as a don't disdain and slavery. See, yeah, no it doesn't. We're throwing out that. Probably the most libertarian the government has no right doing anything person I know in my life is Tim Sanderfer, and he's fully on board with mandates for various vaccines because of the way it affects the overall population.
Speaker 4: Right on the other hand, having shredded their credibility and perhaps over required an unreasonable number of vaccinations, here we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, on a slightly different topic, watch the hearings today. If you're into politics, an interesting subplot is what's Bill Cassidy going to say, the Louisiana Republican senator who's a highly respected physician, he's a liver expert of all things.
Speaker 2: But he was one of two I.
Speaker 4: Can't remember how many senators Republican senators voted to convict Trump over the January sixth attacks. But since then he's been quite a loyal supporter of Trump's programs and policies and that sort of thing. And so they have a detant and he's running for re election I think is it next year? And there's been a ceasefire between Trump and Senator Cassidy. And if he goes too hard after RFK Junior, what will that mean politically? And also, because Cassidy's a smart guy and a respected and caring doctor, I'd like to know what tack he takes.
Speaker 2: Even more than that, he was a holdout vote and they needed all the Republican votes to get RFK Junior approved. He was a holdout vote and got RFK Junior to swear that he would not go anti vaccine if he got the job. And RFK Junior's gone pretty anti vaccine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and both he and Susan Collins in particular have said, hey, he has not done what he promised me he would do, so.
Speaker 2: This could be interesting. Yeah, and we'll bring it to if it happened Armstrong and Getty