Speaker 1: Former Cowboys coach Jason Garrett was shot by the trading of Michael Parson's I was shocked. You know, the most important player on the football team is the quarterback. The second most important player on the football team is the guy that can negatively affect the quarterback, and those guys are hard to come by. Every since that guy came into the league, he's been a dominant player. He's transformative. He's changing the whole team. If you think about the Cowboys in twenty twenty, they were six and ten, they weren't a very good team, and then it gets defensive Cordiador Dan Quinn and all of a sudden, they're a different team. And if you look at all those interceptions that the dbs are making, bland digs, they're intercepting them the running backs for touchdown and running them back for touchdowns. You look at what's going on around the quarterback on those throws. Micah is the guy causing all the problems, and those guys are hard to come by. If you think about it, in four years, fifty two sacks, he and Reggie White being used in the same sentence. He's an impactful player. I was shocked that they let him out of the building. A lot of people are saying that, and a lot of people understand it was ego. It was the same ego that let Jimmy Johnson out of the building.
Speaker 2: It was the same ego. Credit credit.
Speaker 1: He like I found Michael Parson, I know, I'll go find me another one. Guess what you found the Marcus wearing Guess what you did. You let him out of the building, and he gonna win the Super Bowl with the Broncos. Now I'm not saying Michael Parkson's gonna go win a Super Bowl trying to star what I'm saying. But when you got a guy that's twenty six years of age and he can hunt the quarterback like he can, everybody's looking. That's why Pittsburgh paid TJ. Watt at the age of thirty one, what they paid him. That's why Cleveland paid Miles Garrett, even though he had two years left on his contract, what they paid him. They need guys that can hunt the quarterback, and this guy can hunt the quarterback. Now egos got involved. Hegoes on both sides. Jerry felt that, you know, we had a handshake deal even though he's not supposed to be negotiating within the player when he knows the player as an agent. Michael felt he was disrespected, and I agree, and I can't say that I disagree with him, because you're telling the guy, well, hey, we paid him last year and he missed time, and now all of a sudden, we can't we can't stop the run and we can't do this. It's almost like everything that's going on defensively that's wrong with the Cowboys. He's putting it on Micah as the reason why. And then you turn around and say, nah, you're gonna play on that fifthy option. I'm not gonna say no, I'm not at all. And look at that point in time, Oh Joe, you have to move him. But when you get too strong minded individuals, obviously, Jerry is not going to ben. He's made an abundantly clear he run things, he does things his way. It's served him well, it's hurt him in certain instances. But I'm surprised also because guys like Michael Parson don't drop off trees.
Speaker 2: They just don't.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was surprised that he was he lasted as long as he did because I watched him, I saw him, and I saw gud that was sudden. I saw god that was impactful. I side, I saw a guy that jumped off the He jumped off the screen at you. I said something, no, no, he could play. And then you watch him go to the combine and do what he did. I said, Okay, you a player, because I want to watch him on tape, watch him on the TV.
Speaker 2: Does he jump up? Got damn? Hey, listen, well, let's see.
Speaker 1: Let's see if he runs fast, oh, Joe, Let's see if he's explosive by jumping high. Let's see what type of short area quick does he had in the shuttle in the car.
Speaker 3: Hey, Michael Parsons at Dual Carter von Miller, deepest the ends that are not tall, not six', five not six four and two, whatever, undersize got a nice, toolbox got a nice, mote ladder, movement very good with the. Hands they all got something in. Common Dual, carter gonna be up. Next, Huh you're gonna be the next.
Speaker 1: One, Watch, jerry you built your, team have you had an undersized? Defense the way you built your team is that you were supposed to, score get the. Lead they couldn't, Run so you pin your ears back now when you turn the ball over and you don't race oute to that big. Lead now you got a big offensive line leaning on your underside defense. Defense now you get guys running up and down the field on. You but when you get A Michael, parsons ain't nobody said. Everything nobody ever, said Man Derry thomas can't stop the. Run he gonna hunt your damn, quarterback, though you go get the. Quarterback as a matter of, FACT i want you to play the run on the way to the. Quarterback, now if they handing the ball to him and you headed to the, quarterback go ahead. Tackling BUT i want you to go get the. Quarterback but you could see kind of where this was. Headed jerry was, like wants to prove a point that it's gonna be my way or no. Way and then ONCE i don't think he Left michael much of a choice BECAUSE i, like it seemed to me That michael was kind of hell being on not playing on that twenty one.
Speaker 2: That had a grievance. File he was a. Linebacker linebackers twenty.
Speaker 1: Four the defensive end is twenty, five and so whatever the case may, be he didn't want to play on that number And jerry basically, said you're going to play on that number or you go somewhere.
Speaker 2: Else he, said well send me somewhere. Else did case?
Speaker 3: Closed and matter of, fact and WHEN i, left you said you just got better.
Speaker 2: WHILE i was. There you need to stop the.
Speaker 3: Run so you went and Got Kenny, clark and then you permitted to say that we need to get better in the, run.
Speaker 2: Not realizing who you. Play week won On.
Speaker 3: Thursday so when the game Comes thursday AND i can't wait The thursday night show because the Goddamn eagles run the ass up and down the goddamn field against The, Cowboys jerry, again don't put his foot in it's goddamn.
Speaker 2: Mouth my thing is o.
Speaker 1: CHOE i don't really see the need if we break, UP i don't need to say anything negatively about.
Speaker 2: You never will, ever BECAUSE i didn't say.
Speaker 1: That all those things That i'm saying about you, now you were those the exact same. Thing WHEN i was walking around the arm And army With Kiki ki and showing up To amuse. Together you were all those. Things you didn't do anything that caused us to break up that you weren't doing when we're. Together it seems to me whatever whatever Whatever jerry saying About, Michael, now did he just get that way in the off season or had he been like? That since you got it? Now pretty soon stuff's gonna start coming. Out probably he missed meetings and he wasn't late to practice and he wasn't doing.
Speaker 2: This it gonna come. Out why conna tell you? Now go?
Speaker 1: BACK i want to tell you it kind of slipped out because he's saying something about JAY z about showing up up the meetings and all this and stuff like.
Speaker 2: That but it's some more stuff gonna come.
Speaker 4: Out.
Speaker 2: Stuff you never accept anything in a, win you wouldn't in a.
Speaker 1: Loss, yeah and there are a lot of people that will accept as long as we. Winning, well if you start looking if a god missed, meetings if a god missed practice and you, winning if you start to, lose why is it a. Problem you accepted it when you was, Winning so why is it unacceptable when you're. Losing that's why you don't accept things in a, win and you wouln't in a, loss because you're setting a bad.
Speaker 2: Precedent you're setting The i'm.
Speaker 1: Telling, you you let guys start, missing the guys come in, overweight don't yo and they're powle or two overweight and you. Win he, Like, hey don't worry about. It don't worry about. It sooner or later that two power's gonna turn the five five is gonna turn to. Ten and then when it comes because guess, what most places that do get cold and you don't lose.
Speaker 2: Weight it's easily is what it's.
Speaker 1: Now miami might be a different, Situation, arizona you know some places like. That but you start playing In New york and you're Playing, baltimore you're Playing, cincinnati you're playing places where it gets koldo show and you're not running around like, that it gets harder and. HARDER i think that's one of the best, thing one of the best lessons That Mike shuhand told. Me and it's stuck with me and here we are thirty plus years, later eighty.
Speaker 2: Four i'll never accept anything in a. WIN i wouldn't have a.
Speaker 1: Loss that effort that you gave me, there that ain't. IT i wouldn't accept, no the meeting, punctuality and you can appreciate. That but LIKE i, SAID i got nothing bad to say because a lot of things when when you. Tolerated i'm go ahead say my. Thing whatever, TRANSPIRED i bite my. Tongue i'll be the bigger. Person i'll walk. Away, hey you, right because you know whild shoe is low heaving. Fruit you know HOW i? Know because your boy you looking at, him he little hanging. Fruit and there are a lot of people taking your shot at your. Boy y'all can have. It y'all got, it y'all got, Me, yes all, right it's, Okay it's.
Speaker 2: Okay we're gonna be On jae that tripa and say we all be all. RIGHT i could have told you. THAT i can tell. You i've been telling you.
Speaker 1: That, yeah, everybody everybody want to power. On everybody jump on. Now hey we got him, Down Oh, joe we got him down the best. Time, hey let me get let me get my lick. Now everybody want to get a lick now because where your boy were doing? Good even here a lot of people that have to. Say, now everybody got something to. Say we're gonna be all.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Oh your Former panthers running Back Mike davis talked about his poor experience With Matt rule And carolina On Raw Room. Podcast hell let's take a listen to what he had to say With joe.
Speaker 2: Bro we did live goal.
Speaker 6: One See matt first day from, injury first day back from. Injury that's crazy and uh he gets hollowed.
Speaker 2: GONE i would have been, Gone that's What i'm. Saying it was so. Mad he's so.
Speaker 6: Mad why would that even be a scenario that he would be.
Speaker 2: In it's his first day. Back why WOULD i put him Into?
Speaker 6: Lodger it was just it was just stuff like that that was going on.
Speaker 2: Us it's not college's college they would have you know What i'm.
Speaker 6: Saying and you know how LIKE i don't even think it was like ot like phase, one you know What i'm. Saying you, know we're supposed to be on the, field we're doing supposed to do like walk through, stuff you know What i'm. Saying even if we do, running it's kind of like we was going one hundred. Percent you know how bad it got to be for C mac to.
Speaker 2: Be, like, hey, y'all, hey all, Right i'm gonna say. Something we're doing too. Much that's.
Speaker 7: Crazy.
Speaker 1: Wow but as a college, coach and you know Coach, saban remember How Coach saban, was how the guy say Coach slaban was when he got To, miami.
Speaker 3: But they Wouldn't they wouldn't move. Though and, Boy i'm about the, veterans the, veterans the veterans certain.
Speaker 2: Stuff, statement they didn't have a whole lot of.
Speaker 1: Those they didn't have a whole lot of those there At carolina And mac AND.
Speaker 2: C mac was, young and he even said, SOMETHING.
Speaker 1: I mean if they look practicing the guys like that when in, college you get away with, it, oyo because the guy you can tell an eighteen nineteen twenty year old something that a twenty four to twenty five year old guy too gas.
Speaker 2: Out you know, why oh, Yo i'm already.
Speaker 1: Here you have him an eighteen nineteen year old kid On joe, something eighteen nineteen twenty year old kid, something because he's trying to get. Somewhere you got his undivided. Attention i'm twenty four to twenty. Five i'm already, here AND i make more than.
Speaker 3: You especially what, Happened that's what when you're already there and you put me in harm's. Way now you put arms, Away joe, Doctor why are we going to miles an hour on goal? Line why AM i just coming back from injury and you got me in going one hundred miles an, hour and THEN i get high.
Speaker 2: Low as soon AS i get in, there.
Speaker 1: We were, like you go live goal line in training. Camp, hey but but you know in training, camp you know fai look nine on seven live goal line. Live, hey all, right, hey you, know, hey, HEY i betten down the, hat O. JOE i take, them shoulder, them shoulder pads. Up it's, Live.
Speaker 2: OKAY i expect.
Speaker 1: That i't expect damn line go line during the season unless it's in the. Game damn sure they expected. That you, know training camps a different. ANIMAL i mean we once had we had what we call hell week in ninety, Four Oh, joe we had sixteen straight prac padded.
Speaker 2: Place sixteen.
Speaker 8: Sixteen Padded, no, sir, HEY i would have had.
Speaker 1: NOW i ain't telling if somebody told me they, Had i'm telling you WHAT i.
Speaker 2: Know i'm TELLING i would have had shells on. Bad O.
Speaker 1: Joe you know that third, Day now you know that the old man get in, there you start walking still and hurt to get up by the.
Speaker 2: Bed you're, like, man what time is?
Speaker 7: It?
Speaker 2: Man it's two. O'CLOCK i THINK i could hold this pee till.
Speaker 1: Seven damn, Man, man your needs. Hurt your hips, hurt Oh, joe your, ankles, MAN i ain't trying to get up BATH i ain't trying to get up and walk on that coal as float and go to the bathroom and my. Bathroom we stayed in college dorms and my, root but the bathroom was right there BECAUSE i just walk out And i'm in the.
Speaker 2: Bathroom but it hurts to get. Up, Man like, LONG i, remember, mind you don't forget THAT i. WAS i was there for two. DAYS i know what it's. LIKE i remember them.
Speaker 8: Days, man, please oh, man it was some.
Speaker 2: Days.
Speaker 1: Boy well, YEAH i mean some people that never know what that's, like Oh, Joe LIKE i, SAID i don't. KNOW i haven't been to a training camp in a long, time SO i don't. Know if it's, walkthroughs if it's meetings in the, AFTERNOON i don't know what it.
Speaker 2: IS i don't know how they do. It you.
Speaker 1: KNOW i think you can have on pass for like thirteen practices during the. SEASON i don't. Know we only put on paths On. Thursday we had on pass for like twelve. Plays might have we have plans for twelve plays nine on. Seven that was. It then we come up out the. Past then we didn't have on. Past we didn't have on. Pass On, wednesday we didn't have on. Past after the third team played twelve thirteen, plays maybe, twelve it might have been like nine a, team whatever the case may.
Speaker 2: Be if it was a good nine on, seven you come up out of.
Speaker 1: Them and Then, friday obviously you didn't have you didn't have on. Paths, Now coach, reed we had On we had on. Paths we had on. Paths on had on paths and. Shorts that was Shell that was. Shells we won't over until about week thirteen. Weeks, ok, no, sir.
Speaker 2: That was the old. School that was the old school. Days.
Speaker 3: LISTEN i HAD i had some days WHERE i just didn't feel Like brian, pads SO i put my shells on AND i obviously you know the dbs and the, linebackers they'll be able to be able to tell the, difference so you know there would be no obviously they, know just just a touch below to. Help don't don't hit, Me, YEAH i don't don't hit me Because I'm. I'M i let them know right. AWAY i put give one of them cigarettes like this top tap my head or tap the, show show the pass and they, know all, right we got.
Speaker 4: You ma ain't.
Speaker 1: Man mike wasn't playing. That come, on, man look, HERE i ain't trying to be out here all.
Speaker 7: Day.
Speaker 1: Man let's go ahead make this thing look we ain't nine on. Seven we got like eight plays AND i got like six of. Them let's make it look. Good let's make it look good for the. Camera Jo hey, left, fire thud it up and keep it moving Because, michael start, this mom you don't want, that, man, Man michael started, over and you you go all the way back from, stretching go back to stretching past.
Speaker 2: All the periods over. Again oh, yeah absolutely. Not, okay if from, right if you want to what might they play?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 1: Man, hey, man we say drop drop two passes in a. ROW i dropped, one Then rod dropped. One we might be able to play. Eight start it. Over we started to hold.
Speaker 2: The real run that. Back my bad, guy my, bad.
Speaker 4: My bad.
Speaker 1: Man Dack henry needs thirteen hundred and seventeen yards rushing to become one of THE nfl top ten.
Speaker 2: Rushers in his.
Speaker 1: Career the historic run with Lyft henry from his current nineteen spot propel him past Seven hall Of fame running, BACKS O, joe you could see the list right. THERE i don't think anybody's gonna get image. RECORD i think it's. Safe but you See Walter, pagon you Got frank go Or Barry. Sanders Barry sanders he did that in ten, Years so imagine averaging fifteen hundred and twenty.
Speaker 2: Yards that's.
Speaker 1: Crazy but, anyway you See, Kurti Mark ladani and el Jb.
Speaker 2: Man it's.
Speaker 1: FUNNY i was in the league With, Emmett, Barry, Kurtie MARK. Lg, Bettters, Dickerson marshall. Ed, YEAH i don't THINK i played against. IT i. DID i, Did Marcus, Thurman Fred. STEVEN i don't THINK i was in The See Steve, jackson. DAMN i think he gets. IT i say he gonna be in the top. TEN i think he's gonna be in the top ten by the time the.
Speaker 3: Season thirteen, Hundred, yeah it's gonna. Be it's gonna be the same. Culprits it's gonna be the same copras that are gonna have thirteen hundred plus this.
Speaker 2: Year same.
Speaker 3: Ones and he's one of, them absolutely one of.
Speaker 9: THEM O.
Speaker 1: Joe he rushed for twelve, thousand then he rushed for twelve thousand in high. School he Broke Ken hall's record of over twelve. Thousand he's From sugarland and this man Had jerry, here he had like four thousand.
Speaker 2: Yards, russian real.
Speaker 1: Deal so you think about, It think about all the yards this man is rushed for twelve thousand in high, school another twelve, thousand he got eleven little over eleven, Thousand now that's twenty and then had what two three thousand in THE.
Speaker 2: NFL i mean in.
Speaker 1: College you definitely and to be that durable and to be a collision.
Speaker 9: Back yeah, yeah let.
Speaker 3: Me see talk about we think about thinking about running backs having thirteen. HUNDRED i mean THAT i know gonna have thirteen, Hundred Derrick Henry Sakwon.
Speaker 2: Barkley Jonathan, Taylor Jonathan taylor.
Speaker 3: Because they don't have a choice but to give him the, ball, Correct, Josh Josh jacobs is gonna be right, There.
Speaker 2: Fringy Aaron. Jones he'll hit a. THOUSAND i don't know if he'll get to. Thirteen, yeah he won't get. Thirty on he's more of a dual. Threat he's more of a running at a.
Speaker 3: Catcher let me think who, ELSE i, Said josh, Jakasay, yeah set what you can.
Speaker 2: Think about S? Mac do you think he'd be able to stay healthy all season? Long he's more of a dual.
Speaker 1: THREAT i can see him close to thirteen, hundred but he might have another seven hundred.
Speaker 2: RECEIVING i want to go with V Jon.
Speaker 3: ROBINSON i think DID i seem more like eleven maybe eleven. HUNDRED i want to Say Kyrien williams, too especially especially with him just getting paid over there IN. La BUT i think he's gonna have to split carriage WITH i forgot who who the backup?
Speaker 1: Is, yeah Man Jim. Brown Jim brown had twelve thousand yards and nine.
Speaker 3: Seasons is it With Jim brown that? Good or was the level of competition that?
Speaker 2: Shitty he WOULD i mean he had speed.
Speaker 1: Power you're talking about the guy that was six to two hundred and thirty pounds when the offensive lineman was like two. Forty he was AN mvp in his rookie. SEASON i don't think we'll ever see AN NFL mvp in this rookie. SEASON i don't think we'll see. IT i don't think we'll see ANOTHER NBA. Mvp it is rookie, season like we saw WITH i Think Wilt chamberlain was AN, mvp AND i Think Wes unsel was AN. MVP i Think Freddie linn And baseball was AN. Mvp Jim brown was AN. Mvp we're not gonna see that. Anymore it, was it, was it was so long. Ago we're not Gonna we're not gonna see. It we're not gonna see. It But Dereck henry for him to be a collision back and to still be putting up the yards that he's putting, up, uh kind of Like Adrian peterson was a collision. BACK i, mean you think About Frank gore with two repaired. ACLS i think he had TWO acl surgeons maybe, three and he got.
Speaker 2: Six he's a third all type leading. Rusher, hey that's crazy. Easy just think about. THAT i, mean think about.
Speaker 1: That that Backfield Clinton Porter's Frank, Gore willis McGahee, hm that was your backfield to you.
Speaker 2: And boy with loaded boy. Yep but Stay, Henry, king stay, Healthy, King. Henry what year is this For King? Henry? Eleven ten or?
Speaker 4: Eleven okay mm.
Speaker 1: Hmm for him, to LIKE i, said to be a collision, back to run to that kind of contact with the amount of carriers that he's.
Speaker 3: Had but HERE i, shoot don't nobody don't nobody want to hear a collision?
Speaker 2: Back but don't nobody want to collide with? Him? True? True that's a big.
Speaker 4: Boy.
Speaker 1: Uh Nebraska Dalan riola became the center of a conversation on social media during his squad, matchup with many believing he's trying a little too hard to Resemble Patrick. Mahomes mahomes was also on hand yesterday At arrowhead stated When Kansas city When riola Corn huskers took On Cincinnati bearcats in the video, booth Both arriving And arrowhead went. Viral many pointed out just how Similar riola looked To, mahomes even down to what he chose to wear to the. Game is that the center used to be From? Detroit son the quarterback For, Nebraska Dominique? Royola is that Dealan? Roola is that the? Court is that the? CENTER i think he was a center For? Detroit is that his? Dad is that his? Son there was a? Center is his? Uncle, No, Dominique, Damn i'm.
Speaker 2: Getting your son is?
Speaker 3: Listen is there is there's a person you want to. Replicate there is a person you want to. Emulate you want to be, like, shoot he doing he replicating the right.
Speaker 2: PERSON i mean he can't.
Speaker 1: HELP i mean MAYBE i mean from the, gear the, outfit but he can't help if he looks like.
Speaker 3: You now only, that but copy, him, copy copy him everything he?
Speaker 2: Does why?
Speaker 1: Not they could be worse, people worst, Person they could be a worse people you can.
Speaker 2: Emulate, yeah, YEAH i.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah look at It ay from a from his, mechanics his throwing. Motion he got he be doing all this, too like doing what we want to, play he, got he got everything down.
Speaker 2: The whole nine. Yards, well damn they.
Speaker 1: MAD i guess they were mad At kobe when he tried to be Like jordan's like. Him we talked like if he had, everything copy everything down to the elbow to the The Denise lee pulled out of his.
Speaker 2: Cams. Damn and there were people you can.
Speaker 3: Emulate reason Why kobe is one of the greatest of all time ever.
Speaker 1: Maybe Uh Dominie reel Said Sir, Kobe well Maybe i'd give me a couple of years like. That, Oh Joe Jeremy lynn finally retired. Today WHAT nfl version of lin sanity T?
Speaker 2: Bo, no you think What tibo linsanity said it was the version of it was THE nfl version of. Insanity, temo do you Remember Lin sandy? When? NEXT i remember?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 2: Crazy? Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah And tibo when he went To broncos that one season he got to the, playoffs he had.
Speaker 2: To The marriagest. TIME i mean the, stick, yeah the.
Speaker 1: Slam, yeah, yeah That's lynn. Sanity, okay did Linn sandity do anything anywhere?
Speaker 2: Else he?
Speaker 3: Went, oh he was all right now with The lakers, Too, now don't do. That he had he had a little shine with The lakers.
Speaker 2: Too, now.
Speaker 1: So who's so? Who who would be THE nfl version Of Lynn? Sanity THEN i, said T, bow You i'm not just.
Speaker 2: Agreeing i'm Just i'm Just i'm JUST i, mean But i'm trying to say, this AND i don't want to be.
Speaker 3: Disrespectful go, Ahead, no you Know i'm not Gonna you know what my grandma always told, me if you don't have nothing nice to, say don't say nothing at.
Speaker 2: ALL i don't want to talk about. Nobody. Game what? Game what're you gonna? SAY i, mean what what Was Jeremy lyn's?
Speaker 3: Weakness because everyone Thought Tim tebow's weakness was his inability to do. Constball SO i just when you, Comparison i'm kind of nick picking at the.
Speaker 1: Comparison i'm talking about the oral Because lynn sanity didn't happen In.
Speaker 2: La it didn't happen anywhere else With New, york.
Speaker 1: And i'm saying t bowism and maybe he. Did people say he didn't get a fair of chance or whatever the case may. Be but it was only In denver for that brief period of.
Speaker 2: Time. Uh, remember you know what else are? Special?
Speaker 3: Cleveland this young fellow played running. Back matter of, fact his season was so good he ended up on the cover Of.
Speaker 2: Madden oh you're talking About peyton hillis?
Speaker 4: There you?
Speaker 3: Go, yeah that comparison is better BECAUSE i don't know What peyton.
Speaker 2: Hillis came out of. Nowhere boy that, SEASON i forgot where that. Was oh, My but you got to realize he was in the same.
Speaker 1: Backfield no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: No he went To.
Speaker 1: Arkansas McFadden and the guy that went to the first round to The, cowboy they were in the backfield. Together, yes what's the other guy named running? Back he got drafted the first. Ride he went To.
Speaker 2: Dallas dallas had to be Like. Murray murray Something Marco.
Speaker 1: Murray, no, No DeMarco murrays From. Oklahoma darren McFadden Replaced DeMarco. Murray McFadden got drafted by The. RAIDERS i think at. Eight what was the other guy Named chad what's his?
Speaker 2: Name he played for The? Cowboys, yes not. Married Phelix. Jones Felix. Jones he's In. Jones wait all three of them was on the same. Team, Yep Felix. Jones peyton Hillis darren.
Speaker 3: McFadden god, damn that's a Crazy.
Speaker 1: They drafted him two spots Before Chris. Johnson Remember Chris johnson went To, titan but they also took you, Know jerry does a great. Job he Took Taco. Chalton he left T. J watt on the. Board But jared great at this. Thing, now don't don't Let.
Speaker 2: Jerry you did say he's the he's the best person to run the.
Speaker 1: Team, uh let me ask you a. Question Dale hanson said. Something he was a former. Reporter he's a Former uh In. Dallas he Asked, Jerry, Say, jerry in any other, sport name another team that would hire you to be their general. Manager that's if you could tell if somebody good about O, joe would somebody hire you with another team if you got. Fired name a team in THE, Nfl name a team in NB, Mlb name a team in THE nba that would draft you to pick players for.
Speaker 9: Them m m ain't.
Speaker 2: Happening happened to? Captain? He, hey, listen he, got he. Got he he might miss a, lot but he got a. Few he got a few good.
Speaker 3: Ones now we got a, few especially when it comes to that eighty eight he. Got he got a string of eighty eight he put. Together, well Oh, joe you gotta think about. It he had no choice that were. Gone, holdo did he did THE cd go before?
Speaker 2: After?
Speaker 1: JEFFERSON i think you went after, right because jucause you got to think about. It judy had already been going off the. Board Jaylen wada was already going off the. Board Henry ruggs.
Speaker 3: D, okay well all those before jj, yep, man let me go get in the scouting.
Speaker 2: Department.
Speaker 1: Man, hey you, know Oh joe, man you know When Henry ruggs went to the, combine he ran foe.
Speaker 2: Two you know what that?
Speaker 1: Dude And jude had already what he wanted to belit the coop water as a sophomore saucing people, up so you could understand That Justin. Jefferson people didn't want to Give Justin jefferson no credit because they's, like well he was With Joe, burrow he had, chased he had this and. That, okay turns out he just have been the best receiver in that draft. Class and see he's been, phenomenal But JJ's been.
Speaker 2: Better so BUT i like. THAT i like The peyton hillis In.
Speaker 1: CLEVELAND i like T bow And denver led to a comparable GETTING nfl comparison To Lynn sanity chat what y'all think Former buccaneers now freege and Shalloh sanders was fine forty six hundred and sixty nine dollars for Under sara roughness in the preseason. Game and it's a final preseason game versus the. Bill he ain't made.
Speaker 2: That he got? It he he got? Nah oh he got?
Speaker 4: It he?
Speaker 1: Good they took the man LAST checko he? Good did he did he get? Recided did anybody decide? That did they resign to the practice?
Speaker 2: Squad? No because remember they bought another another. Safety, yeah we. DAMN i was reading that he was doing. Good the next, thing you, Know, DAMN i was, sure hope squeeze out a. Year, yeah, good a little somebody might pick him. Up, Still, yeah you.
Speaker 1: Know what you're, LIKE i kind of like want to Because i've been IN o T, A's i've been in many. Camps i've been in training. CAMPS i kind of know this. System SO i want to hit the ground running BECAUSE i already got a head. START i don't want to have to learn the system all over. Again i'm Thinking i'm. HESITATING i don't, know Like, SUN i, mean you gotta do what you gotta. DO i, mean, hey you don't have a job and somebody give you an. Opportunity, HEY i got to learn on the. Fly it's not what it's not What i'm used to. Doing but You i'm a fast learner and that's why you have to look at. It shallow said this week that he plans to get into, music, acting modeling after being. Waived whatever he decides to, DO i hope it works out for. Him you, know it's always nice to have backup.
Speaker 10: Plans you always gotta have a PLAN.
Speaker 2: B i always got to have a PLAN. B i ain't gonna allow with. YOU i ain't have no PLAN. B, no you ain't had no choice but to make.
Speaker 1: IT i put all my eggs in one basket and PRAY i didn't slip on the way to the market.
Speaker 2: To mess with THE processu AND i like. THAT i like.
Speaker 1: That i'm just. Being i'm just. Being i'm just being one hundred with, you And i'm GLAD i. WENT i went to a perfect. SITUATION i went to a situation and people ask me this all the, Time shanny you, Thinking.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: NO i went to a, team one of the three teams in THE nfl that had the h back.
Speaker 2: POSITION i went.
Speaker 1: To a coach that saw how HARD i worked in, practice even THOUGH i didn't know a whole, lot but he saw how HARD i. Worked AND i never really played special. Team but, hey, son can you can you play? Gunner what's a? GUNNER i, Ain't, no, no damn gunner Was he's, like you got to line out. There we're gonna when we punt the, ball you line out there and you got to. Go you get when they snapped the, ball you can take. OFF i was, LIKE i ain't never done, it But i'll. Try boom you up played kickoff?
Speaker 2: Return? Son, no, sir WHAT i? Do?
Speaker 1: AM i return to the. BALL i said, COACH i ain't never ran the ball. BACK i, mean, no you up here? Blocking oh, Okay i'll do. It you up played?
Speaker 2: Kickoff WHAT i? MEAN i got to go down there and go down there and tackle? Somebody? Like, YEAH i, said WHERE i line up?
Speaker 4: At you?
Speaker 2: KNOW i MEAN i.
Speaker 1: Ain't they asked me these. Questions no, Job where DO i line? Up where we want you to? Be you know you line? Up i'm under? Three so WHAT i?
Speaker 2: Do? Okay this is Your you know you're on the.
Speaker 1: Numbers you got everything anything that comes to the, numbers and you know you see the guy coming the, way you try to knife it from the. Backside. Okay THEN i had a. Quarterback for some, reason he took a liking to. ME i don't know. Why he was patient WHEN i was running the wrong. Routes he never showed me. Up he's like and WHEN i did something, good he would always tell me that's like. You he, said you got you got, ability you can you can play in this. League you just need to apply. Yourself and that gave me so much confidence that he AN, mvp A Pro bowl player telling a kid From Savannah state THAT i can play in this.
Speaker 2: League AND i got.
Speaker 1: TALENT i got a coach that, says, hey we're gonna find a place for. YOU i got a quarterback that believed in. Me, Please that's ALL i needed to. Hear With, YOE i BELIEVE i could. Play BUT i but you know, what but to hear to, hear you, know spank telling.
Speaker 2: Me, hey you can do.
Speaker 4: It, hey hey.
Speaker 2: Remember, hey you remember you went to blah blah. Blah.
Speaker 1: Man but When john told me THAT i could play in this league AND i could be, special he told ME i could be.
Speaker 3: Special that reassurance do something to, you especially especially depending on who you hear.
Speaker 2: From have you hear from the.
Speaker 1: Person a seventh round, Pick ohoe FROM hbcu and the quarterback that just came up The Super bowl said you could be? Special, boy you couldn't hit me in the ass with a red Aut i'm talking about a nice shiny one.
Speaker 2: Too.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Please it takes hearing stuff like that from the right person at the right. Time it makes me thinks the.
Speaker 10: Difference it makes a, Difference uh Who it'll work?
Speaker 2: Out Oh.
Speaker 1: Joe veteran wide receiver Receiver Marquez Valdel scantling explains why he signed with the forty Nine ers over The.
Speaker 2: Steelers it was between here And.
Speaker 1: Pittsburgh, OBVIOUSLY i have a good relationship With Avid rodgers over, there and he wanted me back over. There so it was a toss of fifty to. Fifty had to waive my option to see which one wanted to. Do which is going to be better for my. Career at this, POINT i was excited about. It what'd you, think O?
Speaker 2: Joe he picked the forty Nine ers?
Speaker 1: Instead, YEP i, MEAN i don't want to read too much in what he. Said he had a good. Relationship did he play With? Aaron didn't He.
Speaker 2: Green? Bay?
Speaker 3: YEAH i THINK i think you can get more opportunities down there In San?
Speaker 2: Francisco are You Kurt Ricky purcell is? There Juwan? Jennings Obviously mark is about this and like that loaded.
Speaker 1: In, pittsburgh they GOT Dk calvin at come, on, now.
Speaker 3: They threw the ball more over there In San, francisco they they they throw the ball way. More i'm not sure what the offense is gonna look like In, pittsburgh but they let.
Speaker 2: That thing and fly over there In San. Francisco, yeah, well not as you.
Speaker 1: MENTIONED i, mean he played a number of years with With, aaron but, hey he, said at this point in time in his, career he felt he'd be better served than In San. Fran so he's In San fran and Honor college Football. Week Oh, joe do you remember your first college football?
Speaker 7: Game?
Speaker 2: Oh wha?
Speaker 9: Damn are you.
Speaker 1: Talking About Oregon? State you're talking About? Juco what we were talking about here AT.
Speaker 3: JUCO i definitely don't Remember Oregon. STATE i forgot who we played week, One so you don't, REMEMBER i DON'T i don't ay chat and somebody looked that.
Speaker 1: Up Oh, joe man chad you already this band, saying this band, said we asked, you do you remember your first college football? Game this man, SAID i don't remember who we, played The Oregon, State so therefore one would assume or deduce that statement the.
Speaker 3: State in two, thousand the year we went to the, festival we asked, YOU i don't.
Speaker 2: KNOW i can't. Remember that's that's twenty six years. Ago that's twenty six years. Ago twenty six years, ago not twenty six hundred years. Ago it's about the. SAME i don't remember. Anything at the five years we, played boy, stated y'all. Won we. Won Oh, joe what you DID.
Speaker 1: I caught a bomb and got walked down at the, One Oh.
Speaker 2: Joe Been it was, Embarrassing Oh, Joe, OH i called a.
Speaker 1: Bomb it might have BEEN i don't. Know it might have been like forty fifty. Yards it might have BEEN i don't, know thirty. Six it was thirty, six forty. Eight it was a LONG i got caught at, One Oh, Joe damn how you got caught the safety of the.
Speaker 2: CORNER i don't know what it, WAS O. Joe it felt LIKE, I Oh, JOE i just REMEMBER i run.
Speaker 1: IT i ran a gold ball on. HIM i ran and you, know he was he. THOUGHT i guess he THOUGHT i was gonna do something. ELSE i nodded a. Man he turned, inside and THEN i got on top quarterback through. IT i just run, out, like, Damn Oh, joe you have been out, there think that damn this? Ball take you heard up the Cot.
Speaker 2: Damn, YEAH i THOUGHT.
Speaker 1: I thought he putted, it but BUT i brought, It Oh. JOE i called, it AND i was so. Excited i'm like my first college. Catch i'm about to get touched that, Damn And i'm.
Speaker 3: Mad i'm trying TO i don't want to know who we played my first game At Oregon state in two, thousand year two, THOUSAND.
Speaker 1: I want to know how same thing called my first College my first pass in THE nfl played In. PITTSBURGH i think we played who my first catch the first game we played with The. RAIDERS i think the first PASSION i called was just The. Steelers i've had called it On Dalton.
Speaker 2: Hall Oh, joe down to the one. Again, DAMN i have bad little ojo. MAN i called a past against The.
Speaker 1: STEELERS i laid Out, john throw it, Oo i'm about parallel catch. It they don't touch me. DOWN i get up running. IT i break back. Across SO i got the ball in my left. Hand i'm still. Farming dude like. This, here dude hit me in the. BACK i thumbed the ball in the End zon my teammate up over to get a. TOUCH i did a.
Speaker 2: Down, hey that's what, MAN i.
Speaker 1: Have BUT i owe YOU i had some bad, luck, MAN i supposed to. Have ben had a two hunder yard. GAME i had one hundred and twenty something yard game Again. MINNESOTA i get a false, start peal the, ojo catch, it catch.
Speaker 2: It like a little, End Oh.
Speaker 1: JOE i come out the backside h. Mhm they push him out of the FIVE i game like. Seventy it brought it all illegal illegal motion on. Me damn about?
Speaker 7: YOU i?
Speaker 1: HAT i MEAN i could LOOK i could look at a, PICTURE i could look at a, card AND i can tell you the game THAT i was.
Speaker 2: In, hey you KNOW i could do. THAT i.
Speaker 3: COULD i could do that too my card BECAUSE i wore some different a different, helmet my, socks.
Speaker 2: Mcleeds something was already. Different And i'm.
Speaker 3: Able to to tell exactly what game it.
Speaker 2: Was that's that's. Crazy oh they, said my first game Was Eastern. Michigan y'all win to? Lose what you, know a? Chat WHAT i did Against Eastern michigan in that first? Game you had one catch for four? Yards shop.
Speaker 3: Me that's that's a. Lie the devil is a. Lie SEE i had one catch in four. Yards, no it Was east In. Washington what with my?
Speaker 2: Status? DAMN i only had one casting four yards for? Real?
Speaker 1: YEAH i know they wasn't talking about, me BECAUSE i told you we Played Bullish state nineteen eighty, Six Savannah. STATE i THINK i had a. BOMB i called a bomb On. GEORGE i got yackled at the. ONE i don't know how far it? Was chat how far was? It if you can find?
Speaker 7: It?
Speaker 2: Damn, hey helldo they said one cast for negative four? Yards you had negative for?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 2: Damn when you playing On argusta or you PLAYING.
Speaker 3: I don't know, what DON'T i don't know what happened that? Game, WELL i WISH i had to schedule.
Speaker 2: With IF i. Played if it was that, bad, Well i'm no mean.
Speaker 1: Right well Ask CHACK G b T. Ash it's a battle state by first. Game my first game woulgainst the boys.
Speaker 2: State but, YEAH i did have one for.
Speaker 1: FOUR i mustn't minus. Four stop trying to add minus four?
Speaker 2: Two and well who he played after? THAT i, MEAN i can't even remember. College at what point DID i don't?
Speaker 1: Know we're not going to the second? Game we actually went the first?
Speaker 3: Game, YEAH i mean at some POINT i HAD i had to start cutting, up, hey BECAUSE i WAS i was head At Oregon. State, boy it had me a GOOD i had me a good old. Time you gotta REMEMBER i was a one for.
Speaker 2: One. Huh that was? It this is this is my time to shine on the big. Stage who was thirty yards yards per? Catch how many yards per catch you? Average? Ojoe your senior. Year your what year you have a? Thousand that YEAR i eight something ate and some. Change, dang you got my? Stats one catch?
Speaker 1: Carry oh, joe you had one catch for one yard that god damn why they even throw you the?
Speaker 2: Ball and then you had one care for bout a.
Speaker 3: Spot, hey, hey we had we had we had A we had a nice squad.
Speaker 2: Too we had a nice. Squad i'm, Gona i'm gonna get my. STATS i, KNOW i KNOW i had one cat AND i know it was one point six yards per. Catch who you BECAUSE i? Averaged?
Speaker 1: UH i averaged twenty one point two my senior, YEAR i had sixty one catch up for thirteen hundred twelve yards of eighteen tubs.
Speaker 2: In nine. Games there you.
Speaker 1: GO i won't go ahead and put that out there for yo yo in Nine yeah had three two one of your.
Speaker 2: Games.
Speaker 3: Damn, HEY i Think Oregon state playing right. NOW i think we're losing.
Speaker 2: Two, WELL i know y'all lost that first game with them stats you put, on we, Won we. Won't remember we. Didn't we didn't.
Speaker 3: Lose we were undefeated until we played you Dubb we lost you dubbed by a field, goal.
Speaker 2: And we played in the we almost we were, undefeated. THOUGH i think y'all Beating oredam forty nine where your ring? AT i lost? IT i lost? IT O, yo what if it's in that storage? Unit yount get it. Back it might be worse. Something i'm.
Speaker 4: GOOD i don't need it.
Speaker 2: All, RIGHT O joe start bench.
Speaker 1: Cut florida ride receivers high school Careers Michael, Levitt Andre, johnson And Kwan Bolden Woo. Okay irvin was An All states selection the senior, season had just done one thousand yards twelve touchdowns in nineteen eighty. Three as a, Senior johnson called thirty two passes nine hundred and thirty nine one hundred and thirty one yards and with name Parade All america And kwan was missed football in the state Of. Florida became the first player In florida high school history to go of eleven thousand yards in his prep.
Speaker 2: Career, WELL i know who we keep.
Speaker 4: It BUT q was a.
Speaker 2: Quarterback they moved into wide receiver In Florida.
Speaker 3: STATE i, see, hey, LISTEN i seen, you Said Andre.
Speaker 2: Johnson, Right i've seen j. Play i've Seen dre play At Miami High. Man dre was the real. DEAL i mean almost. Shitty damnar thirty dollars a real. Deal you know who else went to might be? High Remember Roscoe, Parish, Yeah parish went to the high. Too he played. It he was At? Cleveland did he play At? Osco was At? Buffalo you know?
Speaker 1: What you're, right O, joe BECAUSE i remember he hit go a WHAT i was doing the highlights AT cbs And roscoe he scored a, TOUCHDOWN i, Said, roscoe you know Because?
Speaker 2: Roscoe?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah uh but no Q q was mister football in the state Of.
Speaker 2: Plorta if you missed the.
Speaker 1: Football in the state Of, California, Texas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana.
Speaker 2: Ohio, yeah you're At borider At.
Speaker 1: Boyd now there's some state. Aid you missed the football In. Montana i'm, Sorry oh you mister football And Wowoman, Joe i'm. Sorry but if you especially the Big, California, Texas, florida And, georgia if you've put the football in one of those, boats now those are the big. Four now we'll Throw, Louisiana we'll Throw hio in. There you know a couple of but The big Four, Georgia, Florida, Texas cally who you did? SOMETHING i mean you you, you you've really done? Something all right, On, joe we will get you out here on this one final segment of the. Evening it's time FOR q and.
Speaker 2: Eight hey, A Chad kat would to be very excited because what time is it right?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: No what time is it on The East? Coast?
Speaker 3: ALMOST i got bout eight more? Hours Arsenal arsenal Play.
Speaker 2: Liverpool oh, Yeah i'm gonna be.
Speaker 1: Sleep Kevin Norwich. Jr said the. Man how you feeling After texas? LOST i was pulling For texas but it just didn't work. Out, MAN i ain't LOOK i, WANTED i like, sorry but that wasn't Like i'm gonna lose any. Sleep i'm gonna give me a good night's sleep. NOW i don't care who lost. Today, man we got beat. Too, Hell i'm gonna sleep At Savannah state we got the break beat.
Speaker 2: Off. Hell. YEAH i Think Edward ward lost To howard ten and. Nine, Yeah burns coaching at At.
Speaker 1: Howard, MAN i think we lost like. FORTY i Think edward Waters edward waraters In. Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: Right, well that's a that's a SMALL. Hbcu, HUH i guess no stuff we didn't look all these schools that's having they Be Savannah.
Speaker 1: State just know y'all they do nothing WITHOUT i don't know what happening, now But i'm just saying WHEN i was, there so all y'all, talking y'all be jumping in by jumping in chat about we beat, y'all we beat, Y'all not WHEN i was, There Fort, valley all being in More, House, tuskegee all y'all talking. Stop the only way that can brag Is alabama and m BECAUSE i never beat them in three. Years my four, years we played lost to them all three. Times so everybody, else don't maybe me pull the tape.
Speaker 2: Out you still got THAT dhs?
Speaker 1: Tape, NAH i Think, BASIL i Think poe got. It More, house more More, Brown, clark Uh, Ford, Valley, skegee all being the. STATE i don't hear y'all say NOTHING.
Speaker 2: I.
Speaker 3: GOT i got to see the, film O jo it.
Speaker 2: WAS i.
Speaker 3: KNOW i got to see the film because you might be giving me that our bundye, Story, nah.
Speaker 2: Bro, Bro so think about.
Speaker 1: It IF i did WHAT i did in THE, nfl what you THINK i did AT, HBCU.
Speaker 2: I MEAN.
Speaker 1: I was the same sign you do REALIZE i was two hundred and twenty five pounds as a senior.
Speaker 2: College BUT i was cutting. UP i was cut.
Speaker 1: Up uh DOWN formi. Said archie Man in played Like Hart. Garbage he cost this team the. Game not saying he can't, improve but this is his third year At. TEXAS i know. Something when he couldn't beat out Quinn, ewers fans blamed start play, calling but he was Protecting art in his play calling because he looked. Terrible defense kept him and it Gave archie chance right right to the. Wrong but he blew. IT i blamed sports, allaly Especially paul fivebamb Said art is the best quarterback Since Tim. Tebow, bro do you realize how many quarterbacks have been? Better, Cam Joe, Burrow Andrew, Luck, Baker, Mayfield.
Speaker 2: Column say any of them?
Speaker 8: Names now.
Speaker 2: He's the. Best The lord Of, Mercy Jeez.
Speaker 1: Bryce Young god have mercy now now you? Know, Yeah, well bitch jong with before T. Bow T bow came out with two thousand and. Nine so every quarterback from from basically twenty, ten he, Said Archie mannic is. Better so he's better Than, cam better Than, andrew look better Than Joe.
Speaker 4: Burrows come on, now now.
Speaker 2: Better Than Baker, mayfield better Than Kyler, murray Bro Bryce.
Speaker 1: Young, yes look he's in his third, year but this is really only like it this he's really like a freshman because it.
Speaker 2: Only started like four games and he's.
Speaker 1: Played he's starting against teams that you, know it doesn't matter who is the.
Speaker 2: Quarterback texas was gonna win those.
Speaker 1: Games so now he's, started and they're gonna be meaningful. Games they're gonna have the you know, who what What's texas schedule looking?
Speaker 2: Like are they still doing The Red river?
Speaker 11: Rivalry, okay so you Got Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: Georgia, yeah so we'll find out a lot about. Them they Got. GEORGIA i mean they got they got some games they should. Win they got three games on show they should win. Easily, hell you OR i could be quarterback and we probably win those games with me or you OR i a. Quarterback but you, know they Got, georgia they GOT a AND m on their. Schedule they got some you, know Con, Florida. Oklahoma so we'll find out a little. More uh dragging the abandoner forget arch this freshman At, Cal uh this should quarterback Of cal is?
Speaker 2: Insane who the? Cow?
Speaker 1: Wait first of all who the cow play? Today he said he's, Insane SO i GUESS.
Speaker 3: I need to know who they played first before we think he's insane based on the competition you had to play.
Speaker 7: Against pull it uh m.
Speaker 1: Hmm we're trying to pull it up to see what this quarterback of cal. Did everybody be talking that he's the dragon is talking about.
Speaker 2: He better threw for five hundred at least five, hundred, Yeah Blue, Way, oh they're playing your. Team they play In Oregon? State how? Many how many? Yards he then throw?
Speaker 8: Five?
Speaker 4: Eight?
Speaker 2: Oh? Joy do they? Cooking? Yo that? Quarterback thirty one and nine thirty one to.
Speaker 1: Nine y'all? Losing they got a whole, lot y'all because it's week, one that's. All it's week one for them. Too so like if y'all week one for y'all in this week ten for, everybody they.
Speaker 2: Ain't losing no more games this. YEAR i can tell you that probably.
Speaker 1: Than a win any more. Either Big mike, said respect winner's gonna. Win that's what we, Do, Bro that's what we. Do truth speaks one on one, SAYING i believe THE nfl is coming for coach Prime. SON i think the thing is, guys is that we got to realize.
Speaker 2: His son's not.
Speaker 1: HIM i think we we want shallow to be the equivalent of his dad at. Safety we want your door to be the equivalent of his dad at. Quarterback and it's just not gonna. Happen it's just not The The lord has really never blessed anybody that the father and son.
Speaker 2: Was you, know maybe A.
Speaker 1: Brett Bobby hall And Brett, hull but for the most, part you're not finna Get Barry Bonds junior And Barry Bonds senior being, Here King Griffy.
Speaker 2: Jr And King Griffy Sor you're not gonna get. That do y'all? Understand do?
Speaker 1: Y'all So, god you you just Want god to just like just just dump all the talented this family, here y'all just, here just take.
Speaker 2: It brothers probably mh but father.
Speaker 1: Son so y'all guess y'all Expect brady's son to be the equivalent to.
Speaker 2: Him, huh that's a lot of. Pressure, back comeb, ON.
Speaker 1: I go pick me another. SPORT i ain't playing. Football IF i do play, football damn you ain't playing?
Speaker 2: Quarterback?
Speaker 1: Uh Did John donney, said who's gonna have a better? Season Between Bryce underwood And Arch.
Speaker 2: MANNING i, mean that's gonna, be that's gonna. Be i'm gonna have to watch the young man. Play uh.
Speaker 1: UH A bucket called me and told me and say he was playing pretty, well BUT i was kind of focused on the game that we're, uh they'll they'll be a time that we're gonna talk about the young, man and So i'll make SURE i pay attention to him BECAUSE i don't want to, say well he YadA YadA YadA and not having seen anything that he's done on your.
Speaker 2: Soul SO i apologize for that.
Speaker 1: Chat but, oh your AND i take a look at him in the coming weeks because obviously we're going to talk about them when they Play Ohio, state but we want to have a discussion about him before we get to that. Point so, SORRY i can't even give you a fair. Assessment who's going to have a better. SEASON i Watched, ARCH i have not seen Brights, underwood But i'll get.
Speaker 2: Back. Yeah h fans And jay, said Oh, joe Did Carson palmer ever call you?
Speaker 4: Out?
Speaker 2: Yeah hell.
Speaker 3: YEAH i told the story on. Here REMEMBER i told you we were playing we were playing The, stealers AND i think the.
Speaker 2: Ball forgot what it.
Speaker 3: Was ball might have been too far somewhere AND i couldn't get to, it AND i took my chin strap and snapped it walking back to the, huddle And carser was, like if you ever motherfucker showed me up like that, again you'll never get another motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Ball he knew the, camera he knew the camera was on. Me, yeah that was that was the one. Time we never we Never, john we never all that all that stuff like hands up and all.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 3: Yeah, YEAH i, REALLY i, REALLY i, REALLY i really did that. THOUGH i really at one TIME i was HEART i WOULD i was trying to get that, Ball bay.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Joe which team would win if they played against each? Other twenty Sixteen chin o'hels Uh, Jello mellow And alonso or twenty Twenty Montverdy?
Speaker 2: Academy who's on the twenty twenty month thirty?
Speaker 1: Team and he got a, question if you Put miami's two thousand and one defense and the uh.
Speaker 2: That, defense how many?
Speaker 4: Games he who was?
Speaker 2: It who on?
Speaker 1: There Uh Gino hills? Team Was, Lonzo mellow And jello Against Jalen durton.
Speaker 2: Riding them hard And jalen Hoods.
Speaker 1: Casino if you put the two thousand and One miami's defense and the twenty nineteen l S u offense on one, team how MANY nfl games could they?
Speaker 12: Win?
Speaker 2: Zero if they're in THE.
Speaker 1: Nfl, oh you're talking about the college? Zero, zero, bro y'all gotta oho were not had this, Conversation, Man i'm not fingna get my up because people actually think that a college.
Speaker 2: Team, okay got a chance in.
Speaker 1: Here oj og Underscor thano, said it Is kaylin De boor already on the hot seat and say you.
Speaker 2: Apps.
Speaker 5: Oh, joe That's. Alabama they Played Florida. STATE o that man has lost four to four under ranked teams in two. Years coach savan ain't lose that many in two. DECADES i, mean.
Speaker 2: Because you have to understand and what did? It what do they have At? Alabama at the standard is a? STANDARD i understand. THAT i understand That.
Speaker 1: Jay One cow said. High great Would georgia be if they had Both Jeremiah smith And Ryan? Williams they thought ABOUT i, THOUGHT i Think Ryan smith thought about going To Ohio, state didn't? HE i thought him And jeremiah thought about teaming, up and then at last second he ended up going To, alabama.
Speaker 2: Both of. Them jo on the SAME ti quarterback now to get a? Quarterback? Yeah? Where? Where where is the quarterback? From who's the quarterback? Problem? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh JOEF q, said how did both The mavericks and The cowboys manage to trade Away luca And michael in the same? Year gotta feel For? Dallas, well, HEY i don't, know but, look If ad can stay, healthy they did Get Cooper flag with the number one overall. Pick kyrie probably not gonna come back until after in twenty twenty, six so Maybe January february if he plays this, Season kyrie's gonna want to be healthy and so AND i understand.
Speaker 2: That But, luca Know, MICHAELS i Think.
Speaker 1: Luca is more of a IF i had to, say more of a, transcendent, generational transform transformative. Player guys Like luca don't come, around, Man come, ON i Mean michael is maybe is, no, Maybe michael is a top three or four player at his. Position luca is a top five player in THE nba.
Speaker 2: Regardless of. Position uh skeezee C a, said who wins a wrestling? MATCH?
Speaker 3: O jo, O, joe you don't know how to? WRESTLE i trained what could be for two. Years MAN i trained with could. Be it was preparing For connor. McGregor what are you talking?
Speaker 2: About? Man, oh, y'all aintna pick. You it's. Over BUT i put you in THE gid team and choke you about, man don't do. That, man this is WHAT i O. Jo you can't tek nobody out in. WRESTLING i, said.
Speaker 3: Wrestling, okay my, bad my, bad because that mc ground game is. Phenomenal mcgrind you.
Speaker 12: Know I'm i'm just o yoh. YA i would pinion, you oh. Yo Brody white, said what made you hop on the phone and called The National? Guard got the fans In New england was being. Unruly we were beating the brakes off him.
Speaker 2: Too and you, know we had come out of the.
Speaker 1: Game we was, up we are. AHEAD i think it was like probably like ten minutes in the ball. Game we're up like thirty one to seven or, something and might say that's, it and it was like, Sharp, coach it's better than. You at the, Time Ben coach was on The it was on THE uh on The patriots And ben AND i, was you, know LIKE i, SAID i had Known ben since. COLLEGE i was he was the only person THAT i showed around on a. Visit when they came To Savannah, STATE i recommend that he not come if he wanted to play his freshman, season and so he ended up going To livingston And Coach david, said, Damn, holmes AIN'T i ain't gonna have you showed nobody. Around you got them going someplace. ELSE i, Said. COACH i couldn't lie to. HIM i, Said, coach are you going to move me to tight?
Speaker 2: End he said. YES i, said do you think he could beat me? Out? No but he said lie to. Him we got to get we got to get good. Playoffs so my, BAD i. Ain't.
Speaker 1: No so the fans were they were on me saying coach was better than, me and then we were beating. Them SO i was, like you know, WHAT i just picked up the phone and just red phone because you already heard that the president had a red. Phone ain't nobody ever seen, it but they said the president got a red pall like. Damn SO i was, like, hey red. Phone all the phones on the bench is read Oh, joe you know What i'm, Saying but the bitch is.
Speaker 2: Red SO i just like just picked the phone up and AND i hung the phone up and it rang. Back that's what really sold it.
Speaker 1: Though JOE i was, like, LIKE i was talking to, phone Mister, President, hey we need as many men as you.
Speaker 2: Can spare because we are killing the, Patriots SO i need you to call these. DOGS i.
Speaker 1: Please SO i hung the phone, up say, hey help is on the, way and then the phone rings back and THE nfl films catted that.
Speaker 2: Moment it. Was it blew up from. There.
Speaker 1: Uh they weren't very pleased with Mister kraft told me they weren't very happy with me at that, time laun. Said finishing over with the, cowboys doctor, said it crystallizes everything you've been saying About.
Speaker 2: Jerry, uh and lighten the. Chat what else you guys may. KNOW i don't know too. MUCH i just Know. JERRY i just Know. Jerry It's. JERRY i don't. Know creatures are they do what they? Do eagles and falcons offspring their birds are. Prey what do they? Do they're gonna, Hunt that's what they gonna. Do they're gonna. Hunt and you can't break them up that. Habit jerry has been who he's. Been you're not gonna break him up that.
Speaker 1: Habit he just, said he wish he had done things differently in Lah Lah lah and come to find, out at the end of the, day.
Speaker 2: This is Who jerry.
Speaker 1: Is it served him well in, business it served him. Well he's wealthy beyond there's worth twelve, thirteen, FOURTEEN i don't, know fifteen billion, dollars way more money than he'll spend in his, kids, kids.
Speaker 2: KIDS i mean, kids, kids, kids kids won't be able to spend all the. Money but this Is, jerry.
Speaker 1: Just, Say Shannon bartholomew, sharp Uncle Rico lord, said referring back to the topic about people staying together for the. Kids you're, right un and it's our. People For, Shore i'm trying to grow together WHEN i feel like she's contentiously trying to grow.
Speaker 2: Apart and, advice, BRO I, a you don't want no advice from? ME a by. WOMEN i.
Speaker 1: CAN'T i can't next year, now like JE i need it about eighteen. Months give me eighteen, MONTHS O, joe And i'm.
Speaker 2: Back you know right. Now they revoked my. License Oh, joe they took my license to to my marriage LIKE i had a. LICENSE i was kind of you're, Good you're, good, listen give me eighteen. Months. Chat that's too. Long that's too, long that's too. Long, okay next? Year what about next? Year this? Time next? Year, okay, okay, okay twenty, six twenty twenty, six new. Year. Yep you can say whatever you.
Speaker 1: Want, yep, yeap but right now bright now, LONG i get, it you, know but, uh you, know they took my license right now AND i don't want to get. Them i'm trying to get them. Back so twenty twenty, Six i'm gonna have my license. Back so anybody that needs to need some, advice, now, Oh, joe you KNOW i can't practice, publicly but if you come OVER i got. Off i'll offer you some ill use of. Advice Luk At lucas, say don't sleep On Jerry. Land he earned over sixty five million dollars or nine year, career also has a lucrative endorsement.
Speaker 2: Deals New york will always Love Jerryman.
Speaker 1: Lynn, respect no question about, it no question about. It Tebow parlay that has a gig AND i think he still DOES. Espn he does a lot of charitable. Work peyton HILLIS i don't. Know Pegtant hills was on the cover held out a contract and it just never. Materialized after that but, YEAH i mean the guy went To, harvard made a name for, himself made over sixty five.
Speaker 2: Million, hey.
Speaker 1: Great, career great. Career not many can say they. Hadlynsanity so that concludes this episode Of. NIGHTCAP i want to thank you guys for joining. Us we really appreciate you guys tuning in and watching us. Tonight we want to thank our guest contributor who will be contributing all college football sea during the college football playoffs and beyond bowl, Games Johnny. Manzel please make sure y'all hit that subscribe. Button please make sure you hit the like. Button do us all a, favor go subscribe to The nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast. From we'd like to thank each and every one of you that tuned in tonight and like you have so many other. Nights ocho AND i greatly greatly appreciate. That thank you for helping Nightcop nightcap become the phenomena which has. Become So thank you again very. Much make sure you check out My Cognac. Laportier if you cannot find it in a city or stay near you ordered, online we'll ship it directly to your. Door the best taste in premium Vsop kangyac on the. Market don't take my word for, it try. IT i promise you you will not be. Disappointed we have a commemorative addition to celebrate my brother's induction into The Pro Football hall Of. Fame he AND i are the first two brothers in The Pro Football hall Of, fame and out of respect and my way to honor, him we came up with this commemorative box that you box that you.
Speaker 2: See on your. Screen grab.
Speaker 1: It just head over To laportierkogyak dot com to grab yours wild. Supplies, last please go follow my media company page on all of his, platforms Shay Shape media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out.
Speaker 2: Again Thanks Johnny.
Speaker 1: Manziel, look he's way a couple of time zones, away and he's, like, HEY, Nk i'm gonna be. There i'll beat there for you, guys And i'll be there for you every single. Week SO i want to Thank johnny for first of, all being a guest contributor for the college football, season and y'all go make sure y'all check out this podcast YouTube, Channel Glory days With Johnny manziel that's g l o r y d A Ze Glory days With Johnny.
Speaker 2: Manziel i'm, unk he's. Oho we'll see you tomorrow after the. Game thank, you. Guys please