Speaker 1: Julie. Hi, Julie, this is the Gecko guy.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Hello, Please to meet you, Julie.
Speaker 1: Please to meet you too. How's life just fine?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Although you know it's always interesting.
Speaker 1: What's been interesting about it lately?
Speaker 2: Well, last night I had an experience, as I traditionally have from time to time through my life, of what I guess I would call maybe not an alien abduction as much as an alien encounter. I've had these through my life, as have the other women in my family through generations. We have had from time to time constant miscarriages and things of that sort. And as I have aged in my life, I used to have difficulty accepting it. But now that I'm old, I'm fifty eight years old, I've come to accept it. And last night's experience, I think was perhaps the culmination of my awareness and spiritual acceptance of this phenomenon. And it has come full circle and has been very difficult in my life to deal with this. But what has happened through my life is, and it started when I was quite young, when I was about thirteen years old, was what would appear to be very vivid dreams of being abducted in what is sort of the traditional way of being abducted, where oh, you're laying on something, you can't move, you're helpless, you know something's happening, maybe you get some messages telepathically. Things of that sort used to cause me fear. But last night was the first night that I had whatether you want to call this a dream or a visit to a parallel dimension, I don't know what it is. This was the first time I was able to on my own willingly walk and enter. And the significance of that is this is that I believe, now that I analyze what has happened to me through my life, that they have in essence befriended me and have helped me through my health a journey. And I've had some very odd medical things that have happened in my life. I have had cancer that turns on and off, and I have been at the mail and they couldn't figure out why it would turn on and off. But come to find out I had some special genetics. They figured it out, and somehow now they know a gene that can turn cancer on and off. During the time that I was having this cancer coming on and off, I would be having these vivid experiences, and then when I would go and have my blood test after that experience, my tea cells and neutrophils and so forth would be reduced and they would be mystified why that would happen. Also, during this time in my life, I would have a series of miscarriages. I've had eight documented miscarriages. I always wanted to have lots of children. I had only two children. One of them is a girl. She's an adult. Now I'm kind of concerned about her journey that she will have because I am aware that this has been multi generational. How I know it's multigenerational is an experience that I had with my aunt's, my grandma and my mom and I'll never forget it. But basically, I was explaining, I have this issue, it happens, and my mom and grandma looked at each other and the aunce said, you gotta tell her, and they said, no, she doesn't need to be told, and they said, yes, it's her body, she needs to know. That's how I found out. But I guess that's kind of just basic of my story. And here's where I kind of am going with this. And when I'm sort of wondering, am I having this experience and realization because I'm supposed to do something about it. Am I supposed to tell somebody about it? If so, by the way, you're the first I have told about this. But maybe this should be something that I should let others know. Maybe this is something bigger than myself. And this is the reason why I have this ability to recall this, feel this way and know it. I will say this from my experience last night, I feel one hundred times better. I had some back problems and so forth, and they're fine when.
Speaker 1: I woke up.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what do I do with this? Where do I go?
Speaker 1: So you had an experience last night where you are So you've been having these like, uh visions of being abducted by aliens throughout your entire life. Correct, yes, and last night and normally when you have these visions, you're it's like sleep paralysis in a sense.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but yesterday you were having one of these visions and you were able to actually walk walk around and uh interact with these creatures and Okay, and this is just this is just me trying to recap and understand what you've told me thus far. Is that you believe that you've had a recurring relationship with these creatures throughout your entire life. These creatures are here to help you, and they've done things such as put your cancer into remission and fixed your back and helped you with health problems. Is that my understanding what you're telling me correctly? Yes?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay. So here's the thing. So I'm gonna I'm gonna tell you very honestly where I come from on things like this. And it's for me a bit of a dichotomy where it's like, look, I'm not a big, like what you know, spiritual, I mean, I I am spiritual in a sense, but uh, I don't, I don't. I'm I'm I'm a bit skeptical when in matters such as these, and so I approach them with skepticism, however, which I'm sure you're you're familiar with telling other people about this stuff if you have. But on another hand, I am kind of like, well, what the fuck do I know about anything? You know? Because like what you know? If if you're telling me that you've you know, had these these these health issues change, I'm not going to say for sure that they changed because aliens change them. But I'm not going to say that. I know I have an alternative explanation for any of this stuff. And so well, okay, let me ask you this. So you told me that I'm you said, did you say just now that you haven't really talked to a lot of people about this stuff?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't because of what I do for a living is very high powerfile and profile in public, and I can't probably afford the scrutiny unless I have animinity to speak. Okay, I don't mind calling you because nobody's seeing me, okay and can identify me.
Speaker 1: Nobody can identify you like your voice, You're not high profile enough that nobody can hear your voice.
Speaker 2: Some people would, but they probably be watching or listening. I'm sorry to your show.
Speaker 1: That's okay, there's not a lot of I'm gonna assume that you're uh, I don't know, maybe you're like the That wouldn't that be crazy if you were like the governor of Alaska or some shit, and it was like because I would have nobody listening. I don't think a single person listening to this show would know what the anonymous voice of the Governor of Alaska sounds like, but anyway, who gives a shit about any of that? Okay, So, but in your personal life, you haven't talked to anybody about this.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I've talked to my husband, and I have been with him since I was sixteen years old, and I always told him about this phenomenon, and he has now seen and witnessed enough to where he believes it is probably true.
Speaker 1: Interesting Okay, So I was going to ask what he thought of it.
Speaker 2: He believes that it's probably true that my miscarriages have been fetuses that are grown so that they can use genetic material to form a hybrid race. And its yes, okay, yes, and that is based on what I have seen and what they have shown me in some of these experiences.
Speaker 1: M Have you ever looked into this on the internet and seeing if there's any other people who've seen similar things.
Speaker 2: I have been reluctant because I don't know if I want to have my computers have that information stored as a search.
Speaker 1: Okay. Have you ever talked to a therapist or a doctor about this?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: It like just because you haven't gotten around to it, or because you're afraid to.
Speaker 2: Well at the mail when they were looking at my DNA and they had found this gene that they can trigger on and off. I said, well, it's my alien DNA, kind of in a joking way, and they didn't laugh, looked at me, and then he made this interesting comment, well, you are own negative, but that has nothing to do with this gene that would turn on or off. However, I have heard, just from seeing like ancient aliens on TV watching that program, that people with own negative blood have special blood characteristics. Okay, and that's the closest I've come to talking to a doctor.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you have a daughter, you have two two children? You said, yes, and have you talked to them about this?
Speaker 2: My daughter knows generally, but I have not explained in depth all of the experiences that I have had because I am worried that it would cause her unnecessary concern and fear as she sleeps. But now I've at least come to understand that there is nothing to fear, and maybe my journey has taken me to the point where last night I have had that experience, so I can share that with her.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So I guess that brings us to what you're asking is, like, what do I do with any of this information, that's what you're trying to figure out? Yes, okay, yes, well, well I have my own personal suggestions. I don't know if you'll like them, but I'll save them because I want to hear what you're thinking first, and then i'll tell you what are you thinking you're going to do with this information.
Speaker 2: I think that this is beyond myself. It's probably something that maybe other people have experienced or can relate to, or or at least would make them think. For instance, women who have many miscarriages their own negative perhaps there could be some linkage. Maybe there is a camaraderie that is necessary to occur here on earth so that people can understand that, yes, this is happening, but it's okay. At least whatever group I'm involved with seems to be okay, all right, Who knows if there's multiple groups out there that could be. But I also don't want to be subject to public ridicule, humility, things of that sort. I am a very logical, well educated individual, and this is a subject matter that, for the most part, at least historically, has not been accepted, although there is a more recent acceptance, especially now here we're in disclosure or so it appears for the government to disclose that we're not alone. Maybe this is my time, I don't know, or maybe this is just something you keep to yourself on your journey and it is what it is, and there's no reason you need to share.
Speaker 1: Well, here's what I was going to say, is I know that you have apprehension about talking to a doctor or a therapist about this, but and I'm not here to invalidate any experiences. I told you, you know the way that I'm kind of coming at this from. But you know, there exist, as you know, people who spend their whole lives studying the brain. I'm sure people even who have spent their whole lives studying the brain as it relates to these kinds of experiences, you know. And so if I were you, this sounds like something that's like kind of bothering you, and I think it might continue to bother you until you are able to talk through it with somebody who understands that, whether that's people who've experienced the same thing as you that you find some way, or whether that's you know, with a therapist, a psychiatrist, a doctor who kind of specializes in helping people who've you know, experienced these kinds of things. And I know you're afraid of of you know, I don't know who you are what's going on, but I don't think you should be afraid of getting help with this big thing that's going on in your brain, you know, And I don't know what's I'm not you, I don't have your central nervous system. I don't know what's exactly stopping you from doing that, But that is what I would do if I were you, is to to find some assistance from somebody who knows what the hell they're talking about.
Speaker 2: But just seeking those individuals, doesn't that in a way commit me to not being mentally stable by the fact that I share that information? Isn't that how it is viewed from a therapist or psychological point Who gives?
Speaker 1: Who gives?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: First of all, who gives a ship? How it's viewed? You know? That's that's a that's a like, you know, who cares? Who cares how it's viewed? And also you know what look like whether you're mentally unstable or not. Who it's It's like, why the the real I guess the reasons that you're giving me to not do this are founded upon like fear of what other people might think, And I don't think that's a good reason to not get help.
Speaker 2: I agree that makes logical sense.
Speaker 1: And if there's like if there's like a fear of like even to yours not even okay, And even if we were gonna say, like, okay, you know what, this isn't about what other people think. This is about my understanding of myself. And if I go further down this route and I start to now have this understanding of myself where like I'm not mentally stable, it's like, one, we don't know that, you know, we're jumping ahead to conclusions that we don't even know. And then two, even if that is the case, so fucking what everyone in this fucking country is mentally unstable? You know, it's not the worst thing to be. So I don't. I I understand where your fears are coming from, both in how leading down this route might make you feel about yourself and how going down this route might make other people feel about you. But I don't think that either of those are good reasons to not go down the road of getting some help with this thing that's bottling in your brain. If that makes sense.
Speaker 2: It does. Can I share one other fear?
Speaker 1: I have, go ahead.
Speaker 2: The other fear is, what if by sharing this that somehow it gets shared to whatever group within the government, if it is within the government or elsewhere, that may want to know this and exploit it. I'm not a conspiracist theory theorist. I try to be logical, impartial, view things openly.
Speaker 4: But in the.
Speaker 2: Event that that could put my self in danger or my bloodline, I don't know if that's a reasonable fear.
Speaker 1: So you're afraid that, and I'm just let me. I just want to understand. You're afraid that if you go seek help or assistance with this, that the government will take notice and people within the government will put you or your family in danger as a result.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it may not be with the government, it may be you know, some other group or entity. But correct.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I look, I'm I'm an optimistic guy. You know, I'm gonna try. I like to trust when I can, and uh, I I do not think that that will happen. I still don't think that's a compelling reason to not get help with this issue. You know, I just think the likelihood if we were to just like be logical about this. The likelihood of that is significantly lower than not, I think so. Again, I understand these fears, but I hope you're able to overcome them and get help with this issue for your sake and for your family's sake.
Speaker 2: Thank you if it can be. But yes, I don't know how they can help me get over a fear. I think I've come to acceptance that I shouldn't be afraid, and that just recently happened. But I'm just wondering if maybe it's not a therapist I should speak to, but somebody who does research in this area, that I could share this story that they might be able to learn from or share or find commonalities with under other stories and therefore help progress mankind and their relationship if we have any with those that aren't from here?
Speaker 1: Do you know anyone like that? And also also, god damn it, Jules, I'm gonna say something crazy. Why not both? You have those twenty four hours in a day. You could go to therapy on Wednesday, and you know the alien scientists on Thursday? Why not? Why not both?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: There's just so much much time, though, and I have quite a commitment of work obligations, and so I have to decide where to spend my time. But I'd love to if this is something that is important enough share it because I can share it unclouded based on what it is that I do for a living. I'm very objective, so I don't know. Lord puts you places for a certain reason at certain times, and I don't know if this is my time to do something, and so I kind of look for guidance. When I saw that you're on I thought, okay, I will just text and say and if you call me up, then it was meant to be. And you've helped me explore this, help me feel more comfortable with talking about it, understanding I shouldn't be afraid. The fact that you didn't laugh at me or scoff or criticize or ridicule provides me some hope that others wouldn't as well, and gives me greater confidence dealing with and exploring and talking about this.
Speaker 1: Good. Good Jules. Your friends and family and they want you to live happily and peacefully, you know, and I think you would be happier and more peaceful if you expressed these things, and particularly express them to the people out there who could help you. So I'll say that much and I hope that you glean that from this conversation.
Speaker 2: I have, and I thank you very much. I appreciate you and everything you do and the advice that you give gave me and as well as others.
Speaker 3: Pluss you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jules. There anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go, Hey.
Speaker 2: Y'all rock We're all in this together. I'm glad that we're all here watching and learning and expanding what it is that we know, and uh, in doing so, finding out that the world is smaller and more relatable. That would be all I'd have to say.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, having.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you you too, you too. Yep, bye bye.
Speaker 1: So this is interesting. We had a there's another caller on this show with something kind of similar. I got maybe these are maybe this is similar, Maybe this is similar, but I don't know. There's a because there was this guy. I don't know if any remembers this from a few podcasts to go, but there was this guy who was afraid that time travelers from the future were out to get him, and he was convinced that there were like time travelers from the future that were at to get him and I. After that call, I like, I went, I looked around on the computer about it, and there it's like a thing for people too. It's called like gang stalking or some shiit like that. And I was like looking on Wikipedia and it was like, oh, this is a thing that people experience. And I'm not a conspiracy guy. I'm a pretty strong face value guy, and I'm I'm sure there the truth is somewhere in between the conspiracies and the people who take things at face value. But uh, anyway, I don't know, I would think if Jewels were to go talk to I don't know, I don't I don't know. I like to always think there's like someone who, like, you know, has worked with people who've had visions like this or or more specifically, people who had like uncomfortable paranoia and and uh fear based off of this. You know, She's obviously not the only person ever in the world to you know, have have these kinds of uh fears and paranoise and experiences and and and there are people out there who've helped other people who've experienced this stuff. So I hope she finds those people. Whole I I have of sneeze. Yeah. Ough, the government acted. This activated the sneeze chip in my brain just now. I hope she finds those people, and I hope everything works out. And yeah, I'm a I'm a gecko. I don't know. That's the thing. I don't. I don't. I don't know. I don't. I don't know. There could be aliens. There's probably aliens. I mean, there's shit, it's a huge world we live in. There's probably aliens. I don't know if they're hanging out here on Earth. I certainly don't know if they're like little green guys who are visiting us some fucking more. I here's the boring answer. I think there are aliens, but I think that the aliens are like single celled organisms. Like it's not anything cool. I don't know if there's other like intelligent life. I think there's mainly just like fucking like bacteria and stuff. It's very it's kind of lame. It's not like a science fiction thing. But anyway, all right, thanks for calling Juels. Hello, Hi, what's your name?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, no fucking way, what's up. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'll give you a name, Todd. Okay, that's up, Well, Todd, how's life? How's how's sounding like? Rgie Plaza?
Speaker 3: How's sounding like?
Speaker 1: Who never minds? Todd? What's up? How can I get you today?
Speaker 3: Well, it's fucking two thirty in the morning. I'm like really anxious about going to work tomorrow.
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 3: I'm a teacher?
Speaker 1: Oh? What a what? What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Level? What like? Age group?
Speaker 3: I teach kinder through fifth grade?
Speaker 1: You teach kindergarten through fifth grade?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 3: I teach art?
Speaker 1: What like? So you teach multiple different grade levels?
Speaker 3: I do. Yeah. When there's an art teacher in a school, usually they teach like a whole group of kids, so like either K or five or K th eight or you know, all of high school.
Speaker 1: I don't want to sound offensive when I say this, and you can tell me if I do. But I would think, like the fact that you're gonna have like less brain power tomorrow because you stayed up until three o'clock in the morning would actually be helpful for your job because it would like dumb you down to the level of a fifth grader and you would be able to like understand their artistic visions a little bit better. Does that Is that fair?
Speaker 3: To say honestly, maybe it's it's tough, but it's just like I feel like, as an art teacher, I shouldn't have to have this stress that I'm having because you know, I chose to be an art teacher because I was like, I want to be chill, I want to be I want to make my kids, but like this has been horrible.
Speaker 1: Why like it's it's been hor How long has it been horrible?
Speaker 3: This year? So I teach like in an inner city school and the kids are just insanely disrespectful, and it's just like it's crazy and I've been, I've been. I fucked up. I talked shit about my school to perhaps the wrong people, and the vice principal came up to me and she was like, I heard that you've been talking to shit and should we look for a new teacher.
Speaker 1: I heard basically talking and you didn't think that I would hear it.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I keep going I love that, but no that now I'm just like anxious to go in tomorrow. I'm like, what am I going to walk into?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you were let's get a handle on this. Who were you talking shit to that? You shouldn't have been talking shit to and what did you say in your shit talk?
Speaker 3: You know what, I can't even answer that because I fucking hate it there so much. I don't even have a classroop.
Speaker 1: You hate it there so much that there was so many different things you could have been talking shit about that you can't remember which one it was. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 3: I no, I mean, I never truly said that I hate it, except like to my friends, but I have said like, you know, I'm tired of it, or like it's been noted that I'm calling out often even though look, listen, listen to this. I got ten days off in the beginning of the year to take ten days off. There like this either your ten days off, and then they reprimanded me for taking seven of the ten days off. They're like, we haven't even been in school for seven months, so why give me the days off.
Speaker 1: I was gonna look, I here's the thing. If a teacher, I think, like, all right, so the vice principle was like, maybe we should look for a new teacher. But wouldn't somebody who hates their job and yet continues to stay. Wouldn't that be isn't that like a sign of perseverance. Isn't that good thing? I mean not, it's not a good thing for the person staying. But like you could flip it, oh yeah, like that you could.
Speaker 3: Be like, I hate the school ship job.
Speaker 1: I hate these kids, but here I am all right, good luck getting a new fucking teacher.
Speaker 3: That's the worst. I'm constantly like, suck these kids. But also at an individual level, they're so great, they're so sweet, but like as a whole, they really do suck.
Speaker 1: Why do they suck?
Speaker 3: Do you think there's no type of parenting going on?
Speaker 1: Why do they suck? Why do you hate them?
Speaker 3: They're just I like, for example, I have like this one class that and it's it's art. It should be fun, it should be easy, it's elementary art. It should not be stressful, like I said, but like it took one of my grades like two months to complete one art project because they wouldn't just shut up and let me talk or get materials out, or like I'm bringing materials out and then their brick coming back broken and then I'm can't I'm unable to get new materials.
Speaker 1: Do people ever like throw shit at you, because there's a lot of things to throw. There's like paint. Is there ever like pain throw paint at you or anything?
Speaker 3: No, I think that would be it for me. I'm like on such a laugh line that I'm like, I feel like it's one kid just strokes beIN brush at me.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: I'm walking out.
Speaker 1: I when I was in high school, there was a kid in one of my art classes who like, she made the teacher cry once because he was like acting out in class, and so the teacher sent him to the principal and he was like leaving and he yelled at her and he was like, yeah, I'm not a fucking art teacher, and we left and she cried. It's kind of sad.
Speaker 3: That's awful. I mean, I felt like crying. Not anymore now I'm like, okay, passed like the wine to cry stage. But it's like I've also I'm realizing maybe I'm not meant to work full time. So something else that I texted you about is like I was I used to be an airbnb host, maybe not like in a completely legal way.
Speaker 1: Oh did you do? Did you do that airbnb arbitrage shit where you like rented a place and then airbn beat it?
Speaker 3: Kind of I lived in the apartment and then we like rented the second room in that apartment.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you you did the Airbnb arbitrage shit where you rented a place and then airbn beat it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we didn't like fully airbnb the place, like we lived there at the same time, so it was like half illegal. Maybe it definitely said in our leaset to not airbnb it, and we still airbnb to room.
Speaker 1: Now totally illegal, totally. You did the Airbnb arbitrage thing where you rent the place and then airbnb it out when you're not supposed to. Yeah, I know that because I before I started doing this, I I like, I had a solid few months of time, like right before I graduated college where I was like, oh my god, what am I going to do for money when I graduate college? And so I I schemed a lot. I looked into a lot of different schemes, and this was a scheme I got pretty close to doing.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's not scheming if you're surviving. I feel like it's nothing happened. But the whole point of it, the whole survival aspect. It allowed me not to have a full time job for like yeah six.
Speaker 1: Years, yeah, six years. Yeah, Oh, so you were chilling doing Airbnb arbitrage for six years and your landlord didn't find out for six years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know how.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah we were really lucky.
Speaker 4: Did that?
Speaker 3: My waitress like to like support myself, but like I wasn't fully chilling.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you did the Airbnb. So you did the Airbnb thing to like, all right, this will pay for my rent, and then the waitress thing, yeah, this will pay for like other random bullshit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I was still our teaching. I really enjoyed what I do.
Speaker 1: And you were doing this for six years.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How how old are you know?
Speaker 3: COVID hit?
Speaker 1: I'm thirty man, So do you why did you quit? Did the landlord find out?
Speaker 3: No, COVID happened. And actually we when COVID hit, we had a an Arabian geek. She was from Greece and she was like eight months pregnant.
Speaker 2: About to pop geez.
Speaker 3: I think she did some like conducting and our fear was like, oh my god, we're going to go through this pandemic with a fucking baby, that this Greek lady's is going to happen our apartment, Holy shit.
Speaker 1: But she left, so that was good that wasn't A baby was not part a Greek little baby was not part of the scheme.
Speaker 3: It was not.
Speaker 1: So why did you quit? Like the pandemic just kind of fucked up the scheme.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like pretty delicate, like healthwise. So my boyfriend was like, hey, let's not have random people in here. Don't get sick and don't die.
Speaker 1: Okay, But but the pandemic is over in some states. It kind of never even happened, So what would you go back to doing it? Now?
Speaker 3: I no longer live in that apartment, so we can, okay. So I had to, Like after the pandemic happened, I was like, shit, graduated college and it was to find a real job. So there's only like my third year working full time, and tonight I actually had the realization. I was like, maybe I'm not meant to work full time.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: There's a same place for five days a week.
Speaker 1: There's lots of schemes out there if you want to keep scheming. There's I looked into several schemes, and who knows what the future looks like for me. I might have to go back to fucking scheming at some point, But like there's if you don't want to work a real job, you can scheme. I know, no scheme, I mean you can ski. You can. Like, by the way, when I about when I say a scheme, I don't mean something illegal. I just mean, like, you know.
Speaker 3: I'm relating scheme to scams.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no no no, I'm not a scam. I'm just saying like, like, okay, I'm talking like ed ed the shit where they're like, let's build a water park out of cardboard to make twenty five cents for a job breaking Like that's a scheme. Like I'm talking, you know, a little little rascally shit like buy a fucking you know, jet ski and rented out kind of shit, just like schemes.
Speaker 3: It's cool. I like that jetski idea.
Speaker 1: Do it? God? You know what, it's easier than ever to not work a full time job. You just got to scheme a little bit. Do you have money saved up? Do you have a little scheme capital I'm trying.
Speaker 3: I'm like working like four jobs right now and I'm going to school. It's I'm working myself like a fucking horse.
Speaker 1: I mean landlording. You could do that. That's a scheme.
Speaker 3: I mean, we want to have like a little Airbnb business. But yeah, that takes money. Yeah, I take down the road money.
Speaker 1: Well, well let's see. I mean I'm kind of doing a scheme right now. Again. Scheme is not a scam, the scheme, but it is like a scheme. Like to me, a scheme is like just let any kind of wacky thing that one may do to avoid getting a real job.
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I have really weird part time gigs, or I've had weird part time gigs, like I write a bunch of envelopes for this person to enter some sort of sweepstakes, and I write like a thousand of them.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry you worked for somebody entering sweepstakes for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: That's such a fucking scheme, dude, somebody you could literally hold on. How much did they?
Speaker 3: Can?
Speaker 1: I you don't have to talk, I want to be can ask how much they paid you?
Speaker 3: Shit? If you did the math, it was like maybe like ten dollars an hour. I no longer do that.
Speaker 1: Did they? Did they ever win the sweep stake?
Speaker 3: If you do the math? Because you, oh, I don't know. So I think he like hires writers to do it for different people, so you're doing it for the third person. I think he's doing the scheme, and.
Speaker 1: I know he's scheming hard. He's like, absolutely, he's scheming because he's dude. The idea of like, all right, let me pay, let me spend fifty dollars to have somebody spend five hours submitting one thousand entries into a sweepstakes, so that my fifty dollars, you know, flips into like, I don't know, ten thousand dollars or whatever, the sweep stakes is work. I mean, that's you know, you could do that scheme.
Speaker 3: I literally felt like I was getting carple tunnel, and I cannot get carple tunnel because I'm a painter. So I'm like, this is not happening.
Speaker 1: But you could do that. You could be the person paying somebody fifty dollars to enter the fucking Nickelodeon Hotel sweepstakes.
Speaker 4: For you.
Speaker 3: That feels fucked up because he paid me. Shit, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: What what would be what would be an ethical scheme for you?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I never thought about scheming.
Speaker 1: Schemes for six years.
Speaker 3: You schemed, well, it kind of just happened. We just had the room and we're like, why don't we just do this? And it just happened. I know, it was great, it was beautiful. I loved it.
Speaker 1: I loved people go on. You just go on YouTube and search like a hundred ways to make money.
Speaker 3: I just deleted YouTube.
Speaker 1: Just deleted YouTube. By the way, those guys are scheming, the guys who because here's the thing. You go on the YouTube fucking channel of the guy who made the video of one hundred ways to make money, and that video is a scheme. He's fucking making money.
Speaker 3: It's like a yeah.
Speaker 1: He makes a video with chat GBT on how to make money, and then you watch it and he gets ad sense for everything, like everyone's it's a fucking giant fucking it's the circle of scheme.
Speaker 3: Scheme.
Speaker 1: It's just a scheme, universe.
Speaker 3: I think this is an excuse for me not to go to work tomorrow. Just pondering the scheme of it all.
Speaker 1: Dude, just yeah, call out of work and uh here, okay do this what no, I mean, don't do this. Don't do whatever you want. But you know, you know, you could call out a work and then just spend you know, five hours, uh looking on the internet. For various scheme ideas. Don't buy anyone's course. Get You're gonna run into a lot of people selling courses on how to do their schemes. But the course is the.
Speaker 3: Scheme my friends told me to. That's so funny. My my my friends told me I should I should start streaming myself painting. But I'm painting with my feet?
Speaker 1: Can you do that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I was you have? Oh no, I was going to ask you and you do?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Well? No, I was gonna do you have the skill to paint with your feet?
Speaker 3: I don't think I do. Oh well, I've never tried. I don't want to try.
Speaker 1: Well shit, uh no.
Speaker 3: I know what I can do for money, But I was just like, I don't want to. I think I want to quit teaching after this year.
Speaker 1: Do you like any of the kids? Like any of them? Cool?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When it comes down to it, and I'm like really looking at them at an individual level, they're all really great kids. But like, you can't stuff thirty something kids into a classroom and have it be like a valid environment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a you're not gonna win a thirty v one that I'm.
Speaker 3: Fighting his I'm like, I literally asked him, I'm like, why are we arguing right now?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess you got to like appeal to him, like what like I you know, I remember like when I was in high school or even in college even and you know, it's just in the educational system. Like here here's the thing. I guess nobody ever and maybe this won't work, but I'm just saying what I remember from my time in the educational system is I just wish like before, you know, you got up there and started talking about the Civil War or you know, chemistry or the quadratic formula. I just wish like every class started with a little bit of like, hey, just before we this no textbooks, we're not going to do anything. Just does everyone, Just if I could just talk to you guys, this is people right now, just real quick. Here's why you should give a shit about what I'm talking about. You know, just give me that first so that I can go, Okay, here's why I should learn Spanish, Here's why I should learn about American history. They don't do that. They just go right into it. They just were supposed to do shit. Go ahead, what were you gonna say yeah, no, no.
Speaker 3: That might have worked when you were a kid or when I was a kid, but I feel like now the kids are so like on the shorts on the TikTok on like the high dopamine thing that like when they go into the real world, that dopamine is not there anymore. Oh yeah, and they're struggling. Yeah, terrifying, Like that's the true issue there.
Speaker 1: Terrifying, terrifying.
Speaker 3: Oh that's why I just quit YouTube and like I quit, I'm off all social media right now, and that like withdrawal.
Speaker 1: Holy shit, I mean, especially the fact that I mean you're talking about like I mean you are you running into like first graders who are addicted to TikTok.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. So I walk into my classroom, it's all just like TikTok sounds.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's horrible.
Speaker 3: Like they'll just run through it all, damn.
Speaker 1: And it's so depressing because it's not gonna get better.
Speaker 3: It's not and it's not even their faults, like right, I know, it's just like I just feel like this is now no longer my issue, and it's like I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Deal with this, isn't it crazy?
Speaker 3: I love what I do, but like, not here is Isn't.
Speaker 1: It crazy that all this shit is so like like kids being like TikTok's only four years old, Like yeah, widespread smartphone usage by every person on the earth is like only really like you know, fifteen years old maybe, and yet we're we're yeah, we're little guinea pigs for it. It's fucking fucked up. It's really crazy.
Speaker 3: It is fucked up, pandemic it. I don't know, I don't know, like like yeah, actually, when I was texting, I was like, am I going to get myself into deeper shit for wine and texting and call in? I was like, there's no fucking chance it's going to call me, and now here I am spat up on my bed in the middle of the dark.
Speaker 1: I might regret this, Well, are you going to go to your job tomorrow? Are you going to call out? And are you going to call out?
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, I have run out of my days, so I just have to do it. Well, they gave me ten days in the beginning of the year, and unfortunately I used up all of them. I didn't even mean to use one of them, like I had them all carefully planned out, but then that earthquake happened, and I was a pussy and I ran home.
Speaker 1: Well, Todd, was this conversation helpful for you in any way shape or for him?
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 3: I'm going to scheme.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go scheme. I'm really like, let me know what you came up with, because if you're just like like, I would love to get a like an Instagram DM from you a year from now, being like, hey, I sell chess pieces on Amazon now.
Speaker 3: I mean, I do a whole lot of shit like I can instagram DM you right now, and I just like I have my own paint business, like I do like paintent tips for like his and adults. I sell my paintings. Well, I'll try to sell my paintings.
Speaker 1: You're an intermediate schemer already, so you you'll be fine if you decide you want to schemer.
Speaker 3: I mean, I was born and raised in New York, like born and raised schemer, well born and raised trying to do what I can for money and survive.
Speaker 1: Todd, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: I've always thought about the delete your TikTok that doblvine like downward spiral. That's bad. That's not something we should be feeling. Take care of social media, thank you, Jack.
Speaker 1: And here I am conducting the biggest scheme of all time, dressing up as a gecko and convincing people to quit their jobs so that I could put ads in between the calls. Hello, folks, it's Lyle here. That's the end of this episode. But get this, I'm releasing a bonus episode this week. That's right, an entire extra hour of the podcast that you can listen to by becoming a premium member of Therapy Gecko over at Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. Supercast subscribers get access to bonus episodes, they get a completely ad free podcast feed of the regular show, they get recordings from my live shows, members only streams, and they help support my ability to continue doing this podcast. So here's a clip from this week's members only bonus episode, Why did you move from Africa to Canada?
Speaker 4: Job? So, yeah, that's not going pretty well. I'm unemployed right now. I moved like ten months ago to Canada and I'm just so miserable. I regret it so much, but it's like a big investment for me to return my life, So I don't know what to do. Go back home or keep struggling here mm hmm.
Speaker 1: If you want to hear this full conversation, you can sign up to become a Premium member at therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com, or find the link in the episode description that's therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. All right, I have nothing else to say. They goes on the line thank you song every I'm teaching your life