Speaker 1: If you're looking for the best way to win huge prizes during one of the best NFL weeks of the year, look no further than Draft Kings, the official daily fantasy partner of the NFL. This Thanksgiving, you can play free for a one million dollar top prize. That's right, Any customer, new or existing can play free for the one million dollars top prize with their next five dollars deposit. Make it a really happy Thanksgiving With DraftKings. All customers download the DraftKings app use the code Bobby Sports one word. The code is Bobby Sports to play free for a shot at the one million dollar top prize only on Draft Kings. The crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called win in our gamble in New York eight seven seventy hop takes home one atour six seventy sixt nine and Connecticut helps available for problem gambling called at eight seventy nine, seven seven seven seven of BUS, the CCPG, dot Orgate TEA plus most ultial states by age, fairy punjoristiction and Elgebier restrictionply War prohibit had been a final deposit required reward issued as final or ticket for November twenty eight fans of at one millionaire contest. See DraftKings dot com slash tfs for details.
Speaker 3: A podcast called twenty five Wists so stucking fun ball and they a went a whist So yeah it's too bet but what didn't you expect? It's a podcast called twenty five Whistles wine.
Speaker 1: All right, eddy boy, thank you. I didn't bet that much this weekend, but I lost everything. I bet. I made two bets. I bet our parlay, which we somehow missed all four. We do that, which somehow missed all four, which it's harder to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's almost like a win.
Speaker 1: That's that's hard to do, is winning? I know, actually give us the win. We can go over that in a minute. So I bet that. I didn't put much on it because I didn't have much faith in it. I bet like fifty bucks and missed that. And then I bet five hundred bucks on Indiana plus twelve and then I listen, I was a little bull let's after that first drive, I was like, let's go.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It ended up not being very good. Uh So lost about five hundred fifty bucks this weekend. Not a bad loss weekend, but not a good one.
Speaker 5: No, especially since you really didn't have a lot of skin in the.
Speaker 1: Whole weekend and I didn't bet anything NFL.
Speaker 5: Really nothing, oh not. You just weren't feeling it. I feel like there were a lot of tempting lines out there because like the spreads were wide, and I'm like, I don't know. I felt like, Okay, everyone's going to cover the spread here because the matchups are weird. But no, that wasn't the case.
Speaker 1: Tempting lines. No to me, I know that I shouldn't bet tempting lines. I feel like if I'm only tempted by the line and not really by the game, I tend to not jump in because I realize I am not as smart as the people that are making the line right. So most of the time that's the case. Yeah, I just didn't really I watched a lot. I'll say this, and I'll start with this. You know, if you have Sunday ticket and he goes, it's the witching hour and when he's like when losses become ones and when's become mostly that's when I lose. Like fantasy football, it's not even about bets. That's mostly when like the players I'm down score all the touchdowns and I ended up losing. So it's like it's the there, we're a bunch of buys this week. Ye, so they go it's the Witching Hour. And it wasn't even that crazy until it went absolutely off the rails, like the last three minutes all at once, yes, like all around every game. It was like holy.
Speaker 5: Crap, so much where a red zone couldn't go back and for everyone there was some delayed like we'll get to that in a second. This is crazy right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was bizarre, and we'll talk all the bizarreness of college football coming up with Brandon Marcello, because what a bizarre weekend for college football. But that was like all day again, macro college football. You're drunk, go home. NFL football. Hey, you're having a pretty healthy night at the bar. You're not drinking too much. Good for you because in the past you've had your oh god, no, and you got.
Speaker 6: Drunk at the very end couple shots later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no hard core. Okay, then NFL wise, let's start with the we must with the cow and not even that the game matter for the Cowboys. Dude.
Speaker 5: I went from like I'm not really going to watch this, WTF I have to watch this game.
Speaker 1: WTF. First of all, I watched the game either I did, I kept it on the four box, and then I didn't go back to it and has its own dedicated channel because the Cowboys are always featured for the most part, as like the game. And so I'm like, I don't care because my Cowboys future to win the Super Bowl that Eddie told me to bet is not going to win. Dak who was on my fantasy team is not going to play. Every interest that I have is gone, and it's ugly.
Speaker 5: And you're not like a fan fan I'm not.
Speaker 1: So I'm like not going to dedicate any of my attention or emotional intelligence to that game. Well, they start playing and winning, and I'm like, what is happening here? And then I think, oh, yeah, well the Commanders they have to eventually suck again to the Commanders, as I've declared on this show, they as soon as they're reminded of the other Commanders, they start sucking again. And so that's what happens, right, Like, well, this game's over, games over, blah blae bah. All the Cowboys have to stop that is stop the one play.
Speaker 5: No problem, just stop it. No big deal. Nope, they score on it, dude.
Speaker 1: Not only I mean it was MC it's them right in the It's okay, so the probably like a Nickel package over the first guy who's a defensive backplan linebacker, which is what the Nickels all about. Okay, make the tackle. You're you played your safety, Just make.
Speaker 4: The tackle, dude.
Speaker 5: They've struggled with that all year. Safeties cannot make the tack. Okay, and they were they were yesterday until.
Speaker 1: That play eighty yards something something something eighty yards so unbelievable. I'm like, oh my god, it was Janis and friends.
Speaker 7: Oh God, could didn't believe.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, I'm like, it's the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: It's the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Of course they're gonna lose this. And then I'm like, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the commanders don't even understand that they're the commanders anymore. Maybe it's been so long they they forgot this. They're supposed to suck. So all right, well, let's let's get missed the extra extra point bat snap bad snap, not the but got it up in time. But bad said, Oh my god, did.
Speaker 5: You see him fall like he kicked It looked like like he just did. He acted like, oh god, I missed the stupid extra point.
Speaker 1: And what was unfortunate for him was after he got back up and he turned, he turned to give the camera angle the greatest angle, right into his face and his face mask and his eyes, and like that shot, it was like he found the camera. It was like he's on the office and at the cameras like Gym's like oh yeah. It was like he found it and was like, oh my god. So okay, it's not over. Okay, ball game, baby, ball game, that's it.
Speaker 5: At one point that.
Speaker 1: No problem, ballgame. Okay, well we're gonna kick an outside kick all you got his fall on it. And I'm not saying I would have done any different, which, by the way, we don't talking about the tur kickoff return. By the way, that's not even the great that happened to That was like the sickest spin move.
Speaker 6: That was four.
Speaker 1: It's on the ground, He slowly picks it up, looks around, what a we'm gonna do, Spence, the guy's not even on him, spins still the jukes the guy out from three yards away gone, okay, we had to go back in time for that because think he got crazier since then.
Speaker 7: So then on side kick, all you have to do is jump on it say I'm not better than him. Though I would have run it back. All you have to hear you it is falling. You see him holding the ball after the touchdown.
Speaker 1: He was letting it go. He was. I would have say like, oh god, and then you run and I would have run. But okay, now it's only an eight point game. Now they have a shot again. And then you know what, they've done it before, and they had a shot again. Jane Daniels about the third time he did his little wrap around wrap around. Yeah, I was like, oh my god, here we go. And then finally, yes, it was end. What a crazy end.
Speaker 5: And I remember like kind of when they took that one point lead and like I don't know, third quarters, I'm like, oh my gosh, we're gonna win this stupid game.
Speaker 8: Cowboy.
Speaker 6: We're gonna win Cowboys ten to nine going into the fourth quarter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was it was ten when it was ten to three for a while. Did they score? Did they kick?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: They scored six? And third Commanders is it two kick that? Were they all Fiel goal field goals?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because when I it was ten to three, and I was like, games over because it was it was so boring.
Speaker 5: It was so boring.
Speaker 1: Was it ten to zero for a while? Because at some point I just thought, all the Cowboys are gonna win. Let me flip it back over to see how they lose. Like that's why I went back to that game. Oh they missed an extra point? Actually, okay, what it was? So I didn't see Okay, okay, oh they missed.
Speaker 5: They missed the first one was blocked, and then they yeah.
Speaker 9: And the Cowboys had a block field goal in the first quarter, I believe, right, And I was like, oh, it's gonna be a long day for ready, I thought of you doing.
Speaker 1: I wasn't in that. I wasn't in on that.
Speaker 5: I was smoking a brisket.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: I don't worried about it until like, we're gonna win this game what we want it.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 5: And now we have the Giants, which we could probably win that game, and then we have I think the Bengals. All right, we could win that game.
Speaker 1: The Bengals are thanking god they have you guys, but then we're not, Yeah, it's over.
Speaker 6: Then you got the Panthers.
Speaker 1: The Panthers, Hey, we could win.
Speaker 4: Surgings.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 1: The Baker press conference was hilarious talking about because you know, they go and the Bucks kill the Giants and the Giants suck, and so Baker does the Tommy DeVito and the end zone double and give the money. Yeah yeah, so Baker he does Italian thing. Baker does money.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, oh he's not doing the give me my money's yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so he's doing that and they're like, hey, so why and he goes, you mean when I was had a Baker say it, it was like paying tribute to Tommy because tribute it was the greatest way to handle the press conference. And he goes, oh, yeah, I know everybody loves him here, so we're paying tribute. And they're like, are you a bit Italian? And he goes, I mean I have twenty three and me.
Speaker 6: I mean, he just that's an.
Speaker 1: They were like going at him and he was just there and just like it's so funny. They killed him. Bucks one great job. Dolphins crushed the Patriots. Yep, it's all good.
Speaker 6: She had Drake May touchdown, thom Aawston Hooper fit the yard across his body.
Speaker 4: That was beautiful.
Speaker 6: Zone.
Speaker 1: I don't watch that game missed it line loss Vikings and Bears was a pretty interesting one there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with the Bears coming back, Caleb Williams looked pretty good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, took a bad, bad sack there at the end, a bad sack. Uh. But yeah, the Vikings win again. Look at that, they're now nine and two.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's crazy because because this is what happened for those that have been living in a cave or if you have been in a coma. So the Vikings started off really hot and you're like, wow, look at am Darnold. He's back. And then the Vikings lost a couple of games, and then the couple they won, they wouldn't really win. They're like, Vikings are over. And then you look at the record like nine and two. God dang, like yeah they're here Chiefs and Panthers. Good game was that close?
Speaker 5: It's a close game. I kept checking the score. I'm like, wow, it wasn't close games.
Speaker 1: My homes drove down the field to win it with the field goalty in back, right, Young, let's go Rice Young. Look good. I'm big, bright young guy.
Speaker 5: Yep. Man. I didn't watch it, but I watched the highlights, and they did him dirty. There wasn't one Carolina Panthers highlight in that like twenty five minute highlight.
Speaker 6: Real twenty five minute highlight.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: You know when you do a game recap, Oh yeah, you know, and you can watch all like the major plays.
Speaker 1: They showed you twenty five minutes of highlights.
Speaker 5: All chiefs, like not one, not one Carolina Panthers highlight. Like that's that's dirty.
Speaker 1: Dog Titans Texans. I mean, listen, will Levis didn't look terrible. And again I was only putting it on there occasionally, and I think Will Levis is terrible.
Speaker 4: He had his usual pick six. You know, he didn't even.
Speaker 1: See the guy. I was on the game live when I saw that it was a linebacker. Was it a like a defensive It was like in the middle of the field, right right to them.
Speaker 6: I didn't even see that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I was like, ah, he's there is there is my guy next to play good?
Speaker 1: They beat the Raiders. Raiders you saw I had broken collar bone for a gardener garment.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's season's over. I guess that just like hurts.
Speaker 5: It's just like annoying hurts.
Speaker 1: I mean, just even me, like even if you hit your collar bone like this, that hurts. Broken collar bone, feel like that would suck like a broken pelvis.
Speaker 5: So who's their backup? So they have been Connall Yeah, well he's been the shorter Oconnell.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's my cousin.
Speaker 1: Come on, no Brock parties. The Packers won easily. I think I'm pretty good. Go through the games. Yeah, I mean it's fine. There's it got a little crazy there at the end of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the midday, the Witching Hour is great.
Speaker 1: Wit three minutes, it was crazy.
Speaker 4: They'd say that. Thursday night game was actually pretty cool on the snow too. I love and Magic. That was pretty sweet.
Speaker 1: Did you see the clip that they did and they were like, it looks like a movie and it was Jameis Winz's dive in the zone from It was an awesome clip. Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 6: Like snow the NFL film ball stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Did you see the clip of him trying to get them to jump off sides and he's actually yelling like.
Speaker 9: Move.
Speaker 1: He was so excited to play in this now. Yeah, he's a kid in many ways cool. So he was like a straight a student. You ever see like the story of jamis straight a student, like you'd get in trouble for anything below an A minus like brilliant kid. Yeah, okay, okay, okay, okay. So there's that because I wrote down witching our aka three minutes, that's my favorite. Check it off my list. I'm checking off my list. College football wild. We'll talk with Brandon Marcel about that. But it was just it was just a bizarre, bizarre day. And I didn't plan to dedicate as much time to the games as I did because there weren't a lot of really great games I had set aside to what The Big noon kickoff on Fox is the worst thing to ever happen to the Big Ten because that put their biggest game at the worst time every every week. It's a it's awful.
Speaker 5: They call it Big Noon, but it's eleven for.
Speaker 1: Us, right, you be Eastern everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just throws me off because we're not noon, and.
Speaker 1: And then Mountain time is the way off.
Speaker 6: Yeah, imagine Hawaii.
Speaker 1: It's just bad. I hate that for them because they've had two really big games this year that have had to happen at noon because that's when Fox has the game to air. It's a TV thing. And then I went down and drove first drive. I was like, this is going to be fun. And then it started raining different special teams, bops, nets, what got them?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then also Hio station is bigger, faster, stronger. Indiana was gonna have to play perfect, but they, man, they played so good at the beginning of the game.
Speaker 5: Was that Kanye what bigger, faster, stronger.
Speaker 1: But we'll get into the college football stuff coming up in a little bit. I do want to go over to our our Jets guy, and not so much about the Jets as a team. But I pulled this up. It appears increasingly likely that Jets will places Aaron Rodgers on IR or bench him over the next few weeks. It's also possible the Jets get simply cut him. Rogers still wants to play in twenty twenty five, just not for the Jets. Let's go first with you and the Aaron Rodgers as a whole experiment.
Speaker 4: Utter failure, disappointment. I mean, he basically came in here and just dropped a stick of dynamite. It exploded, and now he's just like, I'm gonna get out of here. I don't feel like being here anymore. Do you blame him?
Speaker 1: Or is it organizational.
Speaker 4: I mean it's organizational. It's definitely woody, but I mean it's he definitely had to say in a lot of things, but the whole thing was I mean, Joe Douglas was thirty and sixty four as a GM. I mean it just clearly he just and I don't want to he like, because I also feel like, you know, Douglas and Sala during this whole thing have kind of gotten like a sympathy kind of card for them because yeah, I mean thirty six. I mean the team sucked with him.
Speaker 1: I think Sla ends up getting not next year. But if Yeah goes, someone is a good defensive coordinator next year, because right now he's just like filling in.
Speaker 4: He was like like a packer, like a packer buddy console.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I think he goes. I think he gets another good job.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I just I blamed Douglas a lot too for this whole thing. I just feel like, you know, everyone's like, oh, Joe Douglass, he drafted soft gardener and Gary Wilson. It's like, but you're supposed to do that when you.
Speaker 1: Have soft gardener, soft gardener funny, it's rude, that's off gardener. Yeah, he's on his own, like jets up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's what the New York media is calling him soft gardener.
Speaker 6: But that kind of stuff changes quickly.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: It's hard to call anybody on the Jets suck you when the whole organization sucks, I know.
Speaker 4: But he's had some pretty spectacular miss tackles. I would say, business decisions. Business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's making business decisions. Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry, dude, It's all right.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I means I'm kind of used to it at this point. I'm just numb, you know, I'm just numb to it.
Speaker 1: I think Aaron Rodgers product of the environment though.
Speaker 4: But who's going to pick him up though? That That's the thing that kind of cracks me up, is like he wants to play again? Yeah, I mean he has a house here.
Speaker 5: He looks Nashville. That don't work.
Speaker 1: He has a house. I mean, I know, it's literally he's building near my house.
Speaker 4: Just chill with Wills and the answer is not, Levis right right?
Speaker 1: He does look good in the uniform though, Yeah, the guy for all my pictures, Yeah, Levis, Yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 6: Did you see Daniel Jones' head on?
Speaker 9: Will Levis's body because Daniel Jones like my cut him tightened or whatever, and I was like, dang, Dane his jack, and I realized its.
Speaker 1: Will Levis interesting. The Browns, Stefansky loves a guy. They can just sit back there and chunk.
Speaker 11: But Jamis is so good with all these quotes, Jamis is not the starter next year. Jamis tv to be a coach, needs to be or coach a super cerebral guy.
Speaker 1: Like he's a really smart I mean he can coach's.
Speaker 4: For DeVante Adams too, right, I mean all this like, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, what's going to be good for Davante's He'll get to go where every once next year?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think the play for him was to get out of the Raider and best case scenario they go win with the Jets. Worst cases, he can go ever he once next year.
Speaker 6: You think he goes wherever Aaron goes.
Speaker 1: No, I don't, I do not quarterback. I don't feel like that. I think, if anything, this is the way to get him out of the Raiders as much as it was to get him to Aaron Rodgers. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think I don't want to have to go through the will he retire when he retires. Saw it that's gonna happen that he loves to do.
Speaker 5: He's gonna dirag that out.
Speaker 1: I just will. I just don't wish Peop wouldn't talk about it, but we will. He's turned into I don't know, four months ago I rooted for him. I can't stand him now. I've never had such a flip on a character like I flipped hard on him. He just seems like the biggest douchebag.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 1: I think my turning point was with Mike Williams when yeah, when, okay, Mike Williams runs the wrong route. Dude, you're Aaron Rodgers. You lost anyway. It wasn't like that was the only thing that kept you from winning. That was basically a hail Mary anyway, And you you want to throw it on him, your douchebag.
Speaker 4: He just doesn't want to get hit anymore. I mean, it's just a little short passes. It's no like Aaron I got just magic anymore. You get what I want to get hit.
Speaker 1: He's old man, Yeah, but I don't like it that he's at a press conference putting it on him when that's not the reason the game was lost. And also you're praying to God on that play anyway. Yeah, Okay, we lost all our parlay so stupid. We couldn't do it again. We couldn't try to lose it.
Speaker 5: We won't.
Speaker 1: We literally couldn't try to lose it.
Speaker 4: No, that was Badhurst.
Speaker 1: Here's our recap, And I do think people were avoiding our bet too, because they just Sam Houston State is not something you bet on. And so we did make the top of DraftKings again, only to embarrass ourselves. Holy Sam Houston say plus five and a half lost? Whose bet was that? It's not me for sure?
Speaker 4: No, it was.
Speaker 1: Georgia minus forty two. That game that was never never going to cover.
Speaker 5: What do you mean I missed it by five points?
Speaker 1: Did you watch the game at all?
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 5: And I was like, come on, you Mass, how are you scoring two touchdowns early on?
Speaker 1: I was like, there's no way even halftime, I think there's no way.
Speaker 5: When you Mass scored early, I'm like, yeah, we're not going to cover that.
Speaker 9: It's like thirty eight twenty one and I saw I was like, oh, no, scored twenty one, score.
Speaker 5: Twenty one fourteen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought it was thirty twenty went at one point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God, who I don't because I would have missed on both of these and I could have met both of them. Which one did you have?
Speaker 6: I had Colorado?
Speaker 1: Okay, Colorado minus two and a half. Uh, they lost the game.
Speaker 6: They got smoke. I mean it was closed in the first half, but they got beat up pretty good.
Speaker 4: I mean got a little intensive at Yeah.
Speaker 9: They were kind of annoying to watch to Colorado, like you could just they just looked privileged in that game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, door shove a ref or something.
Speaker 1: Ye shove would made the term I would use.
Speaker 5: But yes, pushed, okay, like push out of the way because I saw the clip, but I didn't see that in a way that could have easily been.
Speaker 1: Okay, remember when Kirby Smart pushed the player who came on the sideline and Smart and grat and you're like, okay, he was obviously confused at who that was and when it was That's what it felt like to me, like you can't do that.
Speaker 4: But the heat of the moment kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think it was.
Speaker 6: Didn't like seek out for the refs, but.
Speaker 1: Also you can't do that. And I didn't like Kirby Smart grabbing the player and I remember the game, it was like four weeks ago. But again, you go, that totally did not mean to happen. Yeah, that was about and then Alabama minus thirteen and a half just got smoked.
Speaker 9: That had to be the biggest surprise of the weekend because Oklahoma is not very good.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna say this, not that they were gonna win the game they got. I've not seen a bladant robbery of a touchdown be a top back, like, yeah, that was the worst miss call I've ever seen, to where even the announcers and replayer like, we don't see how this was missed. Yeah, he was on the line. The other guys went on the line. He the ref that threw it was on the sideline after the touchdown was caught. You call that right off the line.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'd say hit his hands, he was throwing the flag.
Speaker 1: That seemed shadiest crap, But mostly I would think if it were shady, we're gonna be keep out to make Alabama win, not keep Alabama from losing. But that was and they never came back and explained why there could have been a mess up, even an accident. It was just like, well that was wrong and stupid. Anyway, let's keep going the game. But it would have been a two touchdown game, I think. Listen, I don't think it kept them from winning the game, but I do think it kept them from having a shot to win the game. That's bad. Yeah. And it's a great catch.
Speaker 6: Unbelievable play, kept his foot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a terrible that's.
Speaker 6: I was pissing. I'm not even a Bama fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was watching my wife, she's an OU fan, and you know, and I was rooting for OU for the most part, but I was like rooting for Alabama. If they did win to win the whole thing, and.
Speaker 5: You have a parlay going already lost, then yeah we were down.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I didn't bet the game straight up, so I had no interest there. I was rooting for OU more than I was rooting for Bama. But so I got really irritated for Obama because that was just that wasn't like a holding call, No, that you just see from a bad angle. I just did not understand because they never even came back to make me understand. And then when they showed it over and over again, they were like, yeah, there's no way. And then they showed the guy who threw the flag like he didn't need to throw that flag, and the timing of him throwing the flag.
Speaker 6: I had to have the hammer like furthest away from the able to find the flag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like the lowest one right underneath the MP. Terrible. Anyway, we suck.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: Pick players, You're gonna love this. The pick six is awesome. So download DraftKings pick six. What happens here on pick six is you gets to pick players and decide if they get more or less of a stat. It's a whole different apps, but downloaded. It's amazing. Uh. Tonight's game Monday Night Football, Ravens at Chargers justin Herbert more or less than two sixty two passing yards. You're starting to see quarterbacks still, i mean hit the yards now. Earlier this season, you're it was a lot of low low, but you're starting to see guys now hit two fifty two, seventy five, three hundred.
Speaker 4: And you could throw on the Ravens, which is which.
Speaker 1: Is fun for the viewer unless it's well, Daniel Jones isn't playing anymore anywhere. Yeah, you see what he wants to go to a playoff contender. It's like, what, go be a backup and we'll get your rank.
Speaker 4: I guess right.
Speaker 1: Uh, Like, go to Detroit be the backup. Cool as a Flowers more or lessan fifty eight receiving yards he's been on. Yeah, I'd go more. Get more, Derrek Henry more less than eighty four rushing yards. We'll go more. Lamar Jackson more or les than forty sixtress yards. They go more. We're going on more the Ravens Man, We're going on wars. Just download the DraftKings app. Download the DraftKings Pick six app. It's used the code Bobby Sports.
Speaker 2: It's awesome gambling problem called when inner Gambler New York eight seven seventy hp wire takes home one atour sextevthlty six nine and CONNECTU helps available for problem gambling called at eight seventy nine seven seven seven seven of visits CCPG dot orgate team plus most ultible states by age, fairyes, fat jurisdiction and elgeibrad resrictionlybar. But it had been a final deposit required reward issued as final or ticket for November twenty Fansy Football Millionaire Contest Seed DraftKings dot com slash tfs for details.
Speaker 1: Our weekly regular Brandon Marcelo, who is the best of college football and boy, what a week was it? He's twenty four seven Sports National College Football Rider. Follow him on Twitter, b Marcelo on Instagram. Where I follow him? I guess I follow in both places. He got following home sometimes. Hey, he is awesome. If you love college football, follow Brandon at Brandon Marcelo on Instagram. Read his work twenty four to seven sports dot com. Here he is is Brandon Marcelo. Hey Brandon, where do we start? Because I don't know? Is this a while weekend? Man? It's like Ole Miss Alabama, Indiana? What do you want to do you? Hey? Dealers choice, Brandon?
Speaker 10: I would just say the SEC like falling flout on its face. Ye got three ranked teams all hit the road and they lose, and it's opened the door. I think for the ACC now to get two teams in instead of one and it's knocked. I think Alabama out of playoff race. Definitely all miss out of playoff race. But because of other moves being made around those top twelve or whatever you want to say, I still think there's a slight path for the SEC to get four teams in the playoff, but it's looking more and more like it's going to just be three and the Big ten is going to lead the way with four teams. So the SEC and their biggest moment, their biggest weekend to prove itself worthy of getting a lot of teams in the playoff.
Speaker 8: Just fill with big lut thud this week.
Speaker 1: Then, in your mind, did the SEC's depth as a conference bite it in the butt or is the SEC overrated?
Speaker 10: I think the SEC is a little overrated this year. I do think it's the deepest conference among the Big ten in the SEC. But the problem is is that the Big ten up top is much better than the SEC, and so that's why you're not seeing a lot of Big ten teams in the top half losing on the road this year, whereas with the SEC, they're not as good up top as the Big ten, and so when.
Speaker 8: They go on the road, they're losing. And you'll hear all week.
Speaker 10: You know, I hate politics, but this week and next week you're gonna hear a lot of politicking from all the conferences, but especially the SEC in the media about why they're the best conference in America, why they're so deep, and why they just deserve to have four teams in the playoff, even if the metrics and some of the numbers that they play Off Committee utilizes will show differently. But you're gonna hear that a lot. You're gonna hear a lot from Greg Segi, the commissioner, and the SEC media about well, the SEC is real deep, and only two teams in the SEC have a winning record on the road this year within the conference, and that's because the conference is just so darn good. Yes, it's very, very good, but the top half of the SEC is just not as good as the top half of the Big ten.
Speaker 1: Let's sit in the SEC then for a minute before we go around, and so Georgia is gonna make it, Texas is gonna make it. It looks like Tennessee should make it because they're not gonna have to play in the SE championship game. So there's three Texas, A and M still could make it if they beat Texas and they win the SE championship against Georgia. So there's possibly a fourth. Is that the possible fourth to you? Or is Bama? Or is there any chance in the world? South Carolina somehow backs into this thing.
Speaker 8: I think that's very possible. You know, we don't know what the Playoff Committee rankings are.
Speaker 10: Yet this week, but I would say, based off of recent success and also the metrics, that South Carolina would edge out Alabama for a potential fourth spot if the SEC was in position to do so. But it also depends, of course, on what happens within the SEC and then elsewhere. The best thing that could happen from South Carolina is for Texas to win this week against A and M and then to win the SEC championship game, which would help them potentially. But South Carolina, when you look at their recent resume, they've won. If they win this week against Clemson on the road, they will have won four straight games against top twenty five opponents, and they've got close losses on the road at Alabama and of course at home much earlier in the season against LSU.
Speaker 8: And I know head to head is a big.
Speaker 10: Thing, but Alabama and South Carolina are not the same teams they were when they met in mid October. South Carolina completely turned a corner and has gotten better since then. Alabama has gotten worse since then, as evidence by them losing twenty four to three this week on the road at Oklahoma. So I would say, if there's a fourth team, and if we're talking about Alabama or South Carolina, you've got to give the edge to South Carolina in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Do you think the committee factors in though that the team is not the same team as it was when it is a head to head even though it was earlier in the year.
Speaker 10: They say they do, and they say they will, we'll see and listen based off of even last year, they do, because they that's the reason why they left Florida State out of the playoff.
Speaker 8: Last year.
Speaker 10: They said they Florida State was not the same team because they didn't have quarterback Jordan Travis, who was injured in the last two weeks of the season. So South Carolina, which have been struggling with some injuries themselves, especially at quarterback of the North Sellers, is healthier now and they're playing much better now and they're.
Speaker 8: On a roll.
Speaker 10: So judged off that they should and you've got to consider you we got away more heavily the recent success of a team compared to what they were doing in the first few weeks of the season. That just makes sense. For example, look at the men's basketball tournament. The committee weighs big time what you do in the last ten to twelve games of a season, more so than they do in the first.
Speaker 8: Half of the schedule.
Speaker 10: And with college football, I think you definitely have to take that into consideration. Plus, in addition to that, the injuries of South Carolina were dealing with earlier in the year.
Speaker 1: So let's say Texas well, hypothetical this thing because again I just want to use precedent semi precedent because it can be weren't in a twelve team until this year, but semi president here, Let's say Quinn E Weres, who has to get an MRI, which I saw yesterday, he may not play. Let's say they lose to Texas A and M. Texas A and M goes championship game. Therefore, Texas has a couple losses. They're down their starting quarterback, Jordan Travis. We saw last year of Florida State. However, I think the big difference would be Texas has played their backup quarterback and had success. So do you think the committee would penalize them for losing their starting quarterback if yours can't play even though their backup quarterback has played a significant amount of time and his last name is Manning.
Speaker 10: I think the penalty for them would be more so just losing the A and M no matter who the quarterback is. And also because their resume right now doesn't include a big win, it doesn't include a top twenty five win on that schedule. You know, their biggest win so far really has been at Vanderbilt, and Vanderbilt is not ranked right now, and they just lost again to LSU on the road. Texas doesn't have a great quality win. What's helped them has won their brand and number two, when they've won games, they've mostly won so going away. Heading into this past week, they were tied with Oregon for number one among teams that have won games by nineteen points or more. This season, they've kind of been like a boring team. They just kind of bludgeon everybody. But then in the big moments and they have an opportunity to get that big resume win. For example, when Georgia came to town, they got their brains beat in.
Speaker 8: They were beaten by.
Speaker 10: Double digits in a game that wasn't even really that close, by thirty to fifteen margin, and they don't have that big win. This is their opportunity this week to get that big win. And if they were to win this week, maybe that obviously keeps them in the playoff, and would they would be in the playoff because they could go to the SEC championship game. Even if they lost, they would still get in. But I would argue that you lose A Texas, A and M, you should be out because of your resume SA.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to use that to pivot over to the Big Ten because there are a lot of similarities, the parallels between Texas and Indiana wild like the one game they played where they had to play somebody, which Texas was Georgia, Indiana was Ohio State.
Speaker 4: They got whooped pretty bad.
Speaker 1: So and let's go over to the Big ten and let's talk about that first drive. I was like, oh, Indiana came to play like game on, I was called I called a buddy. I was like, well, let's go Signette and then special teams ended up being kind of the first thread that was pulled, and then it was just a talent difference. Your thoughts after watching Indiana Ohio State and what should happen with Indiana?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I've still got Indiana safely in the playoff. As long as they beap perdue this week, they should get in. Just because of the other chaos that happened with those three other SEC teams that were contention losing this week. You know it hurt them because they gifted fourteen points to Ohio State through special teams, punt returned for a touchdown, and of course that bad snap that was muffed by the punter that Ohio State was able to recover and then score on a short field. Gifting Ohio State fourteen points is terrible doing so when you're on the road at Ohio State, it's next to them possible to come back from that. I think the big thing to take away from this game, though, is that Indiana couldn't do anything offensively after that first drive. The first drive was a seventy yard drive for a touchdown. They go up seven to nothing, and then and the next ten drives the rest of the game, they only have eighty one yards on ten drives ten possessions.
Speaker 8: Very very bad.
Speaker 10: Ohio State's got one of the best defenses in the country. I would argue maybe top two. Maybe it is the best one in the country, but Indiana's offense is no sloush. They've been in the top five for most of the season, have done stellar job there, Curtis Charke at quarterback, Elijah Surratt, who's been incredible receiver, and they completely shut them down. It just hurts because you give them fourteen points and then Ohio State, instead of kneeling the ball there late in the game, they score another touchdown to make it a twenty three point win. So you're talking I know we're playing hypotheticals and subtracting math and all this, but you're talking about maybe a one possession loss for Indiana on any other day, despite your offense struggling, only putting up one hundred and fifty one yards in that game. And the reason for that is because Indiana's defense actually did a pretty good job in that game. They held Ohio State for under three hundred yards all the way up until that final drive.
Speaker 8: They did enough to win that game defensively, also.
Speaker 10: Forced two turnovers a pick and then also a turnover on downs there in the first half. It's just that the offense was their undoing.
Speaker 1: Yes, just a little bit of carnage and maybe none in the Big Ten, especially if Indiana makes it. We almost saw Penn State lose, but we did not see Penn State to lose. That game was probably a little closer than manyone expected. But they won't be penalized for losing that game at all. Right, like they're in.
Speaker 10: Penn State's absolutely in in. Penn State I think has done very well on the road this year. You know, you're talking about the SEC team struggling on the road. Penn State's done very well. They've got really three impressive road victories to me USC Wisconsin and in this past week against Minnesota. You know, against Minnesota, it was a twenty six to twenty five game end up being the final, but Penn State faced a fourth and one i think on their own side of the field in Minnesota territory in the final minutes, and they faked a punt and they got it a big game. And then on that same drive, they had to pick up another fourth and one and they did so through the air to keep the drive alive, and then they were able to kneel the ball, so they were able to convert two big fourth downs on the road at Minnesota in a one point game to seal the win. It was a very good job I think by James Franklin and co to get that done. Because James Franklin, as we all know, is a very conservative coach when it comes to just calling plays.
Speaker 8: And making decisions. Wants to punt to win.
Speaker 10: But he went for it there at Minnesota and it proved huge because they were able to kneel out the clock. If they gave the ball back to Minnesota, they may very well have lost that game and been out of the playoff hunt.
Speaker 1: We'll got to a big twelve. I thought my brain was gonna explode because I just watched the second half and just in general, like that was just a wild day for that conference, even more so than the SEC, I think. But I was watching the Arizona State BYU game that last series, the last two serie, like I was like, what is until the Cowboys the next day. I didn't have a final two minutes where my mind was like holy crap, because you saw the stratgy of with Arizona State basically trying to run the clock out them running backward right twenty yard loss, twenty yard loss. Then we're just gonna chunck it as high and as far as we can and let the time expire, except there's one second and then the fans storm the field. That has got to be so difficult to get all those fans off the field. And we've seen that like three times this year where fans storm the field a bit early. Then BYU catches the hell Mary but on the two yard line. It was the craziest game that ended up being exactly what we thought it was gonna be. Just it took like six extra minutes for it to get wild and crazy. Now for me to ask you, because that's just how my mind was running during it. The actual macro version of this is BYU lost again, Arizona State won again. I believe Arizona State, if all goes well, we'll play. If they beat Arizona will play in the Big Twelve Championship. Is Arizona State good?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, very much. So.
Speaker 10: I've had them like just behind Colorado as the top team in the Big Twelve, and then Colorado obviously lost on the road against Kansas this week. So Arizona State to me is the best team in the Big twelve right now. And there are talking about confusing. There are two hundred and fifty six scenarios for who is going to meet in the Big Twelve Championship game. And we've got one week remaining, and that's it. Two hundred and fifty six scenarios. Nine teams still alive somehow mathematically to get into the Big Twelve Championship game. But the two teams that have the best opportunities and the best pathway through all those scenarios is Arizona State and Iowa State. Arizona State's playing better than anybody else in the Big Twelve right now. They're knocking off the big dogs right now as well. And despite all that craziness at the end, Arizona State really kind of dominated that game.
Speaker 8: They got up twenty one to nothing in the first half.
Speaker 10: Cam Scatibo, their incredible running backs scored three touchdowns during that time, autographed the ball in the end zone got flagged for it, which was funny after a touchdown, But Arizona State's legit. Kenny Dillingham has done a hell of a job there. This is only his second year, and going into this past week, I thought it was really between him and Dion Sanders really for maybe National Coach of the Year or at least Big Twelve Coach of the Year. And I think Dillingham just eked out Deon this past week, but again that could change here in the last game of the regular season because Colorado's still alive in the Big twelve title hunt, as well as Arizona State a wild weekend coming up in the Big Twelve. Again, two hundred and fifty six scenarios. It's incredible. They need to figure this all out. By the way, Bobby, we got rid of divisions and a lot of these conferences, and it's just made things so much more complex than these tiebreaker scenarios.
Speaker 8: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 10: I mean, just last week, Oregon, after winning their game on a Saturday, had clinched a Big Ten championship spot, but the Big Ten said, wait a second, no, they haven't. It took them seventy two hours until that next Tuesday to figure out Oh yeah, because the tiebreaker scenarios we have, Oregon did actually clinch a spot after we said maybe they hadn't, and they announced it on a Tuesday afternoon. We've never seen that before. They need to figure something out here because we can't do this every single year.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 10: It prompts interest, which draws eyes, draws viewers, and draws, readers and everything in all the mediums.
Speaker 8: But it's way too confusing.
Speaker 10: Why does college football, why does college sports for that matter, always have to take the most difficult path to figure out a way to crown a champion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, the Super Conferences are cool, but then when there are so many teams in them and they can't all play each other, which you just can't mathematically all play each other, some suffer because Indiana could have played a couple better teams if they just happen to have been scheduled. Right, them playing like the worst seven or seven or the eight worst teams in the Big Ten, That is not their fault. They beat everybody they were scheduled, and again what gets used against them is something that they had no control of. Now, they did lose to Ohio State, but yeah, you're right, the Super Conferences are cool, but unless more of these teams can play more of the teams in, we're going to have this every single year. It's why I like the SEC having a ninth game. Yes, well, it'll be harder on them, but there's still another option to play more of the teams.
Speaker 10: I will say this, like, but you know, but the Big ten has nine conference games themselves, and we're still having a scenario there. Like I mentioned with the Oregan, this is what we need to do in my opinion, and I'm trying to look out for the best interest of both sides. Okay, both these all these conferences want to make more money. They want to draw eyes and draw interest.
Speaker 8: So do this.
Speaker 10: If you have sixteen teams or more in your conference, do a pod system of four teams in each pod or whatever you got to do, and take the champions from those pods your divisions and have them play a mini playoff of your own to crown a conference champions. So in the SEC, take your top four teams in those pods and play two games, play semi finals, and then an SEC championship game that gives you an extra two games to the season that you can sell to your ESPN conglomerate or whatever make more money. And then also I think crowns a clear and concise champion in the SEC, because at that point, if like you said, not everybody can play everybody, but your best teams without a doubt in your conference would play each other at some point thanks to that two team or excuse me, four team two game playoff system with on your own conference to settle on a champion.
Speaker 1: I think over changing rules, let's change another one too, the overtime rule. I do like that they both get a chance to have the ball right, which is better than what the NFL. NFL doesn't in the playoffs. But I think the NFL system again flawed. But I I don't like because it goes to the two point conversion, which we saw Texas A and M and Auburn. That's just like rolling dice, like that's one play. What I don't like initially about what they do is you literally could gain no yards and score points. Like it's like, okay, let's go. Let's say run for one yard, run for one yard, run for one yard, kick field, go three points. You could win the game by actually doing nothing on offense. If I were changing the rules, I would scoot them back and every time that we went to second overtime, move them up five yards. So so start at the fifty, then second overtime forty five, and we're still getting closer to making it a bit easier to score, So we don't go forever. I think you and I have both seen a couple seven overtime games that went forever and are legendary in our minds. But when it goes to just a two point conversion, that just seems like it's not even declaring a real winner. It's just like we're tired, let's just do something to end the game.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I agree with you. I like that idea.
Speaker 10: Start at the fifty and then bring it in five yards closer with the joe or overtime going in.
Speaker 8: I love that idea.
Speaker 1: You can't kick a field goal right at the fifty. I mean, yeah, if you don't get a first down or maybe even two, you can't kick a field goal. Therefore you cannot score on offense. And again they want to make sure these don't go forever, So move it in five yards every single time, and eventually, four overtimes in you can kick a field goal. But the text Adam got droped the ball felt terrible for him. But again, what a stupid scenario that we're two point conversions. I don't like two point conversions.
Speaker 8: Your thought on that, I I don't like it either.
Speaker 10: A couple of years ago, there was what a nine overtime game between Illinois and Penn State whatever it was, and it was just two point conversion after two point conversion, and it was dramatic, but it was also just like like you said, it was like we're flipping a coin out there on every two point conversion. And also, these teams only have so many two point conversion plays in their in their in their back pocket, and they're starting to call things that they won't even normally call in those type of situations.
Speaker 8: But yeah, I'm with you, I just don't. I don't like that.
Speaker 10: It's a very weird, broken system. I even prefer even the previous iteration of it before all this, when it was just you know, you start off the twenty five or thirty or whatever, and then after the second or third overtime you have to go for two points instead of just a regular extra point kick or whatever. But I don't like them doing this two point conversion thing after the second overtime.
Speaker 8: Doesn't make all of sense to me.
Speaker 1: I have three final questions. I do want to talk about Kansas in that big game.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: And it's not a shock because Kansas is been playing really well the last few games. But as Kansas beats Colorado, and you know, I was watching Coach Prime say, look, we were smelling ourselves, you know, we And I thought I liked what he said after. I thought he was super mature. He was grown up in the room even after that loss. But with Kansas, I think they started two and six, two and four, Yeah, so what so, And we've had the Kansas coach on, we loved him. But going into the offseason for the Kansas program, even though I think they may end up at best be five hundred, like, do you feel like there's some momentum for that program just because of how they've all these top twenty five teams they've beaten its end of the year.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean they're the first team with a losing record in the FBS to beat three straight ranked teams and they've been playing. I mean, they're the reason why the Big twelves in chaos right now because they've beaten the three of the top teams in the Big twelve standings going into this final week. But that also tells you like kind of we're about to lose something year in college football. And from that standpoint is you know, the era of super seniors, like the six year seniors, some seventh year receivers because of the previous pandemic or whatever, you're able to keep an extra year of eligibility. So a lot of these guys for Kansas were able to stay there on the roster an extra year or two, and that's.
Speaker 8: Why they're playing so well.
Speaker 10: That's why Kansas was one of the favorites, one of the top three or four teams to contend for the Big twelve in the preseason, because they had so much experience returning and it didn't pan out early. I think part of that was because they were dealing with a new offense, a new offensive coordinator, and it took them some time to get used to that. They also were dealing with some injuries. But now they've got it rolling and you're seeing exactly what they could have been this entire season, which is going to be a Big twelve contender because they're so experienced. I mean, Devin Neil, I mean, goodness, gracious, he put up like two hundred and eighty seven yards more than two hundred on the ground himself, a senior, a guy who's got a lot of experience, and they leaned on him against Colorado. They didn't punt a scene time against Colorado, and they held them Paul for more than forty minutes of the sixty minute game, just an absolute masterclass and keeping the ball out of that explosive offense of Colorado.
Speaker 1: Two questions left. SMU Miami think they're both then.
Speaker 10: As of this moment, Yes, I think the ACC was able to get two teams back on the map now because of the SEC's problems.
Speaker 8: If Miami wins this.
Speaker 10: Week at Syracuse and gets to the ACC Championship game, yes, and SMU is going to have to be col this week to keep that alive, that two team scenario. I think if it ends up being SMU and Clemson in the ACC Championship game, it'll probably still be a one team in that playoff. But at this point, I think if SMU and Miami both make it, and they do so after wins this week, they both should be in my opinion, in the.
Speaker 1: Playoff final question. You mentioned Miami Syracuse and that's just the rivalry. Week is usually just fun because it's right, but there are some pretty good games that are going to actually affect the college football playoff, which I think makes it even that much more fun. Like I think Arizona can beat Arizona State. Arizona has not played well this year, but I think they have the talent to actually scoop up a victory there. I think Syracuse I think their top twenty five. Now bright are they did they hit this week?
Speaker 10: I think they're just outside it. But they're a borderline top twenty five team and have been most of the years.
Speaker 1: And I think they can beat Miami. I think Georgia Tech, you know, won't be the favorite to beat Georgia, but have shown glimpses of being a team that can actually play with a really solid Georgia. So there are so many of these games that probably would not matter except for the rivalry part of it, that are of extreme value because it's the final week before the conference games. Which one do you see? Which of these rivalry games do you actually see there being an upset and it's shifting it again?
Speaker 8: Great question.
Speaker 10: I think the opportunities there for Texas, Texas, A and M. I think everybody's low obviously on A and M after losing it all Auburn, but they're different at home. They're much different against a rival at home that Texas and A and M haven't played in thirteen years. A and M has been waiting for this forever and Texas has to go on the road, and Texas does not own a big win obviously all season, and they have to go on the road to College Station.
Speaker 8: Very difficult spot.
Speaker 10: And A and M's got an opportunity to maybe play into the SEC championship game, though that doesn't look I don't know if to look at the tiebreakers, but A and M's potential to play itself back into the playoff hunt and Texas maybe to play itself out of it despite being in the top four or five at this moment. So I think that one's prime for an upset. I think if Georgia had to go on the road to Georgia Tech, I'd be much hotter on Tech there because Tech obviously has already BEATN Miami this year. But they go to Georgia and rightfully so are a double digit underdogs. I don't see really there being an upset threat there to me. Another one to watch though is Tennessee at Vanderbilt. Tennessee look like it's in maybe in the playoff right now potentially, and Vanderbilt, as we've seen, they've been giant killers all season.
Speaker 8: That's a very dangerous spot for the volunteers.
Speaker 1: Can I throw one more at your Notre Dame USC at USC super Bowl.
Speaker 10: It is, but I don't trust USC's offense at this moment with the new quarterback out there. He's playing okay, but they just didn't quite get as explosive as I expected this past week against UCLA, and I think Notre Dame is playing as bad as good as anybody in the country.
Speaker 8: They're on nine game win streak.
Speaker 10: They've won those games by an average of thirty three points. They look like to me one of the top three or four teams in the country. In fact, I rated them number three this week.
Speaker 1: Brandon, good to talk to you. It's awesome. I love the college fotball PLAYFF. It has made life so much more interesting, so many more things to talk about, so many more games to care about. And then I do like a beautiful mind, and then I draw myself crazy doing all the note Oh God, what's gonna happen? Thank you dude. Good to talk to you, and we will talk to you again sometime soon.
Speaker 8: See a buddy, all right, see you, Bobby.
Speaker 4: I think it's a.
Speaker 1: Pretty good Christmas gift if your family or friend is an Eagles fan. If not, I guess it'd be kind of laying. But the realist is selling game use grass clippings from Eagles home games. So again that is a novel gift for somebody who has everything.
Speaker 4: Sure, yeah, that's a unique I don't want a game they won.
Speaker 1: And also you really probably can't prove it's really the grasspook cares right, right, But for twenty nine to ninety nine, you can bring a piece of the games home with you. Eagles the Commanders, November fourteenth, that would just happen. You can get some grass from that. November third Eagles Jaguars. I'm not sure if they want to lost these games. September sixteenth, Eagles Falcons.
Speaker 6: They've won eight in a row, I believe.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: October thirteenth game against the Browns already sold out on their website, maybe because they've had a longer order that one without they have no grass. You go look at the field patches, we think too much.
Speaker 6: You goes out there, Huh, who's the guy that goes out there with like scissors and just.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's mode. And then they did in the bay. I think they just take pinches. Probably that's fair. They think there's somebody with those old plastic sisters. He does. Yeah, yeah, But there is a video where they shows them collecting clippings after the game. But my bet would be they're getting the pile of clippings. They're shooting that for promo and there because it doesn't matter. They're getting the pile and then they're putting in the game. You like, it's more special though, if the dude goes out there puts it in a Petri dish, you know you studying it, No dish, keep it safe. I thought that was a pretty good little little gift. There are our guy Rod. It was on TV.
Speaker 6: That was so funny.
Speaker 1: Rod Phillips, Hey, Mike, you sent the picture. It was hilarious. He was at the Texas a Kentucky football game and he's a big Kentucky fan and it's like zoomed in on them, it's just him. It's like they do that whenever the person's famous, and they're like Rob Blow wearing an NFL had the Super Bowl and they're like, what's look at this? He's here promoting a show. But they had that on.
Speaker 5: Rod or like hot girl that's crying.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, Mike, what was the context there?
Speaker 6: It was right after they missed a field goal and then they cut the rock.
Speaker 1: Is he sad guy?
Speaker 5: He was a sad fan.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been on TV at a game. No, I've been sad fan a couple of times. Really, wait were you?
Speaker 6: Was it basketball? Both recently?
Speaker 1: One time basketball, one time angry fan in football? So basketball was lash?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't see. I think I was watching that game.
Speaker 1: Because I was sitting right behind the bench. End up losing the SC tournament, and I don't know if I I don't think I was the saddest because I wasn't like you weren't crying. There was a chance they knew who I was, but they didn't put it up there. So I just say a chance like they knew my job and that I had a little bit of notoriety because they kept the camera on me, and I was like, oh my god. It just it was just strat fan more than.
Speaker 4: It was you.
Speaker 5: Since the camera guy on you because it was across the court.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like whenever they're doing let's do kiss him, they come up right below you in the aisle. Yeah, we're liking an awards show up, They're like gonna put you on. They put the camera right beside you and then you act like you don't see it. It had to be from across the court, and it just stayed on me. The other time was I was on the sideline of an Arkansas Raised back football game and I was with the quarterback's dad and both of us together. I thought the camera at one point was honest, but I thought they were just like recording something to like play into a commercial, because it was like his dad and like me, and I'm probably like one of the more known Arkansas fans of the It's not like we have a lot justin Moore, John Daily me, that's it and so no, but it was mostly because I was just pissed. It wasn't about the quarterback's dad. Oh come on, and so they just captured. So yes, I've been sad and angry.
Speaker 5: But someone like Rod though, that's like winning the lotter. Random, that's like winning the lottery. There's so many people there and they picked him.
Speaker 6: What did he say to you, Mike anything. No, he didn't ever ever respond because he put.
Speaker 1: He just thought it was funny. Yeah, it's weird. I mean he was super zoomed in and focused on Yeah, okay, do we need a break? Another break will be good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when we'll break.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's take a break because I got a couple of things to talk about, and then we'll go. If you're looking for the best way to win huge prizes during one of the best NFL weeks of the year, look no further than Draft Kings, the official daily fantasy partner of the NFL. This Thanksgiving, you can play free for a one million dollar top prize. That's right, Any customer, new or existing can play free for the one million dollar top prize with their next five dollars deposit. Make it a really happy Thanksgiving With DraftKings. All customers download the Draft Kings app use the code Bobby Sports one word. The code is Bobby Sports to play free for a shot at the one million dollar top prize only on Draft Kings. The crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called win in our Gambler in New York eight seven seventy Hope wire takes home one atour six seventy six to nine and Connecticut help Us available for problem gambling called at eight seventy nine seven seven seven seven or bus the CCPG dot orgates and plus most ultile states by age very smart or section and Elgebier restriction pplybar prahabit. It had been a final top pole required reward issued as fighter or ticket for November twenty eight. Fans of aball millionaire contest he DraftKings dot com slash tfs for details.
Speaker 1: So a big shout out to Michigan football billionaire Larry Ellison, who is the Oracle founder, co founder, billions of dollars. He's been married a few times. His wife now it could be a starter fourth wife. I'm not sure she is a Michigan fan. Michigan needs quarterback now. LSU had Bryce Underwood committee. He's a number one quarterback going into the twenty twenty five year. He's going to come to LSU next year, probably start as a freshman. Beat that dude. Larry Allison has billions of dollars. Not so much Colatch football fan himself, but again his wife is now his now a wife is now a Michigan fan. So he ponied up to twenty million and bought Bryce Underwood. I did then il like four year, twenty million dollars out. He wasn't the Bryce Ouderwood was not flipping from LSU even though he's a Michigan kid. He had said, like a week and a half ago, He's like I'm here, I'm here, and then.
Speaker 5: And the money goes to him.
Speaker 1: Like I just think, you, well, it's an I own money. Sure you don't get all twenty million at once, and then you know it's like a four year, five million dollars a year if you stay type thing. But that's like, how lucky you are Michigan fans and one of their people married a billionaire. Yeah, that's baller, Like that's the goal, right, not to marry a billionaire, but to just go that player is awesome. I just want to because again, the scale I do it on is much smaller.
Speaker 5: What if his wife was a fan of Sam Houston State, Like you to Sam Houston State for the five million year? Like, cause that's tough because like that's a career decision.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's it's a lot of money.
Speaker 5: It is a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't even know that it's five million, but I think it was around twenty million. And I saw because Dave Portnoy from Barstool had said months ago, he's like, I'll pay a couple million bucks a year to get a quarterback. There and they were give him the credit, and he came on and I had nothing to do with it. He was like, I would love to take credit, but I have I can't, And so that is awesome to have a billionaire. I say that. Let me back up, why do you think we have John Calipari. Yeah, it's not a player, it's a coach. It's John Tyson. He came in and that's not inn il. This is salaries, and salaries have often been paid by rich people going through the foundation. So that's what happened. But it's it's similar ish. But because his wife is a Michigan fan, they went and got him a.
Speaker 5: Quarterback Jerry Jones giveing any money to uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some and then some probably don't know about. But also like the whole the facilities, Jerry.
Speaker 5: Jones, the names all over it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean they yeah, I mean they spend a he spends a lot of money. I like to make it comparison before we go. And I like Sam Pittman, the Arkansas razorback coach. I like him as a person a lot. And I think the transition that he has allowed us to make from being just god awful to stable has been one they should be admired because he has brought real stability to the program. We're things six and five right now. It's not been a good year, and I was thinking, what who is the parallel? It's Geno Smith. Sam. Just so you guys can understand where you are here, Sam Pittman is Geno Smith, the quarterback for the Seahawks. Stable. Every once while, gon win your game, you shouldn't win. That's Tennessee this year. Every once while you're like, dang DUT's bringing Geno went off. Sometimes gonna lose your game you shouldn't lose. But for the most part, gonna win the games you probably should win. Gonna lose the games, probably should lose, depending on what else is Never gonna win your Super Bowl, probably not gonna get the NTC Championship. Can't be mad at him. Seattle was in disarray. Gino Smith came in and stabilized the Seattle Seahawks, And if I'm a quarterback, I'm like, you know what, I kind of like what they what he's done over there. Pittman had a nine win year. Once we got a little too excited yesterday that we're going to a bowl game. That's so annoying to me. Get's like four bowl games in a row.
Speaker 5: You're going bowling, dude.
Speaker 1: You can be five hundred and go bowling. I know, I know that is not I would rather take big swings and misses on like hot shot young guys than just be for sure six seven wins.
Speaker 5: When did we interview coach? It is in between the beginning of the season or beginning of last season.
Speaker 1: Last year, okay, because Cam was still playing campetal.
Speaker 5: Okay because last season his pret his he said his goal is to make a bowl game, but that wasn't his goal. This year probably better than that this year.
Speaker 1: Huh, I didn't matter.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 5: Here's one bowling though. You know which bull?
Speaker 1: No, you never know, because we could we play Missouri this week. Oh, the funniest thing was the Missouri Mississippi State game. And so it's near the end of the game. And I like them as a Very coach. People are still hate them his own coach. I like them as a Very coach. He got a big mouth, he's hilarious, he's hilarious with us, and he's from Arkansas. He's Arkansas. He's a ticket hold like he is an Arkansas guy.
Speaker 5: That's funny.
Speaker 1: But he's a Missouri head coach. And he told missis Mississippi State because the game is about over, but they were down in the red zone about to score again, and then a half to score again. He was like, MISSISIPI State, shut up up on a score again. Yeah, I saw that drink was going off. So funny. And he's one of those guys like must and basketball, like you love him if he's yours, you hate him if he's not, and then once he starts to not be good, then you hate him if he's yours. But but but what that he has is like I would compare it to who is the basketball player for Ole Miss? That was just so freaking annoying white kid. Everybody hated him unless he played for ole Miss, but he played so hard for ole Miss. Oh yeah, and he says he's name slip in my mind. If you somebody google white kid from ole Miss named white basketball player from ole Miss. That was annoying. And I bet you pops up first first. It's probably like eight nine years ago.
Speaker 5: Let's see case he's on it.
Speaker 6: Marshall Henderson.
Speaker 1: It is Marshall Henderson, Thank you very much. First name, first name.
Speaker 6: I do remember him. Actually, yeah, picture he looks annoying. Picture.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And if he's your guy, you like, yeah, he's not. But my yeah, yeah yeah. My comp Sam Pitman is Gino Smith and the Seahawks probably proud they have Geno and happy they know they're not going to Super Bowl. They can't wait to who the next guy is. They gave him a good contract. Go get get in the playoffs when you possibly again, but it's not, it's not. And I like Sam, and if he gets another year, you know what, one more year, I'm okay with that. But I'd also be okay if he was like, I'm done. I don't really want to see him fired. I would love for him to go. I'm gonna go one more year. This is the next coach up? Is he gonna because he gives some stability of the program. And then I'm out after this year. But I think we have Geno Smith's ourselves and we're there. We are at the height. We could win seven or eight games, but we're never gonna be somebody that competes for the SEC. I don't think we are there. You go, there's my comp If speaking of coaches, will land on this Lane Kiffin.
Speaker 9: Oh, Kevin, I've always been a big fan of Lin Kiffin. Love the style, except for the USC days because I can't stand USC. But I've liked the way he coaches, doesn't care. Like we were just talking about, you love him if he's your guy, you don't like him if he's not.
Speaker 6: And I bought in this year.
Speaker 9: I was ready for old Miss Jackson, dar everybody, let's go, We're going to the college football Playoff.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be a fun year for Old Miss. And then they lose one, all right, what a dumpster too?
Speaker 9: And then they lose two, Yeah, okay, and then this third one, It's like, all right, I'm done with Lane Kiffin, done with the act, done with the whole his whole persona, And I'm done ever believing in Lane Kiffin or what he can do.
Speaker 1: I can see being annoyed with him. I would love to have Lane Kiffin. Ooh, I'm telling you, I can't say this story. Lane Kiffen was Arkansas's football coach before Pittman. Oh, I can't tell you what happened.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 1: I can tell you when the microphones are I can tell you what I can tell when the microphones are on nobody did it. Lane Kiffern was Arkansas football coach.
Speaker 4: M dang, that's all. That's all.
Speaker 1: I can't say anything else. I even want to say other things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can tell you want to say.
Speaker 1: And I know and it's not even like a rumor, like I know a lot of I know specific people that were in. But that's all I will say. And it wasn't that the deal had him been signed, but it's basically been agreed upon, Like lang Kiffin was Arkansas's coach. Yeah, Lane Kifin could be annoying. I Likelane Kiffin. I think if Lane Kiffin for some reason, uh decided he want to be, he's not going to be because ole Miss had their their greatest like two year run and history of the freaking program. Yeah, it sucks for them. I'm happy for him. I'm happy. I'm happy it sucks for them too, because they and ole Miss is a program annoys me.
Speaker 6: I can see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but for ole Miss fans in general who like Hatty Toddy is so stupid, such a stupid thing to say. But someone's Whoopy Dewey, you know, I can see where people hate that. Yeah, but ole Miss just feel like rich snobs for the most part, like their brand. But I have friends that are all Miss fans that are not rich snobs, and I feel bad for them because they had a lot of expectations on this year that a quarterback coming back in Jackson Dar. I don't know what he was thinking those last plays Jackson.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, there's two picks awful, especially the second one of the triple coverage or whatever it was in the end zone.
Speaker 5: That's some stuff.
Speaker 1: There were a couple of times where you're like, oh that this game is over, meaning Florida has won the game but almost got it back again. Yeah, all Miss got And I was like, okay, well, looks like that's bad. If I'm an almost fan of my heart broken today. You're not in the CFP. That was the goal, that was the getting the CFP or bust for a successful season, and they are not in it.
Speaker 9: And after the second loss, you're like, oh, it's done. But then they gave you life a little bit more like they could do it.
Speaker 6: They could do it.
Speaker 9: And then they lose again, obviously to Florida, who, by the way, is playing a lot better.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I'm super happy for Florida. Dude. He was run out of town without being run out of town.
Speaker 5: They're had football coach Napier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was out. And now I think they're five hundred or close to five hundred.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think they're maybe five and six. But yeah, they had one I think three or four and they're gonna play Florida State this week and that's a win.
Speaker 1: Spank.
Speaker 5: That so weird to say that's a win.
Speaker 1: That's so weird that they've gone. I think that what are they want in.
Speaker 5: Ten Florida State?
Speaker 1: Yeahs, that's crazy they want. No. I think they played a bad team this week. I think they played a like a Division three team. They may be two and nine. You may look that up searching, because.
Speaker 5: Definitely didn't watch that.
Speaker 4: They are two and nine.
Speaker 1: Did they play because I on the scroll, I don't watch any of it on the scroll.
Speaker 4: It was like Charleston something, Charleston's Southern Buccaneers exactly.
Speaker 6: Guys, they won forty one to seven exactly.
Speaker 4: Yea, maybe they're back, like they're back cool logos.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they've gotten spank pretty much every game it's been I don't understand.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's why it's such the juxtaposition of last year versus this year. And listen, there are times where you lose and you have to rebuild. But this is not a rebuilding. This is a death. This is like Eric Dickerson just got caught taking a car death penalty SMU and now we're going to watch the program back after ten years. You know.
Speaker 4: This is like Aaron Rodgers coming to a team expecting a lot of things and then.
Speaker 1: A little more relevant. We like that more relevant of comparison. Okay, I think that's it. Thank you guys. What a weekend?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Overall, think it was a win the weekend.
Speaker 8: It's fun.
Speaker 1: It was a good entertaining It was entertaining for sure.
Speaker 5: Which and how is cool?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 4: Which hour?
Speaker 1: H that's it. We'll see you guys later on this week. Bye, buddy, Eddie boy. I got wow. Wow, Wow, that's an upside down whislow Oh thank you? Theme song written by Bobby Bones That's Me and performed by Brandon Ray. Follow Brandon on Socials at Brandon Ray Music. You can follow the show on Instagram at Bobby Bone Sports. Thanks to our crew co host at Producer Ready, Segment producer at Kickoff, Kevin Video producer at Red Arberry, an executive producer at Mike d True, but most importantly, thank you for listening. I'm Bobby Bones. We'll talk to you next time here on twenty five whistles