Speaker 1: Hey there, folks, it is Tuesday, June tenth. Testimony underway as we speak on what is now officially the fifth week, day twenty in the Ditty trial. Welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. We continue to be your one stop every day to get you all caught up. Today, Robes is one of the most anticipated days in the trial with one of the most anticipated witnesses who will undergo a highly anticipated cross examination. So all that's going on supposed to in court today, but rose before we even got to some testimony. We've seen this a couple of times. There was some housekeeping and some pretty important and even entertaining at times housekeeping they had to do in court this morning.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think many of you who've been listening to us will recall that Diddy's lawyers asked for a second time for a miss trial, and the judge gave the prosecution and yesterday to come back with its response to this mistrial quickly. To sum up, the defense says that because the prosecution put Brianna Bunglin on the stand and she claimed that did he dangled her off that seventeenth floor balcony on a day that he was actually in New York and not in la and had been in New York days before and days after that. The prosecution should have known that it was impossible and should never have put her on the stand, and therefore should the trial should be over. The judge disagreed, but it was awesome what the judge said when he denied the defense's request for a miss trial. He did give them a nod.
Speaker 1: And he should have. Look, this was a look they have been. They've done a decent job in the crossing. They're doing their job in cross examinations of all the witnesses so far. This was a moment that all of us said, Holy hell, how did you miss? That? This had been the centerpiece. So much of her testimony is the fact that she said, this guy, this bad guy, this monster, on this terrible night, beating down the door, he comes in and he grabs me, lifts me up, he tosses me on furniture, he lifts me over the balcony. She was specific September the twenty six, twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: You'll probably never forget that date. You've said it so many times.
Speaker 1: But that was the one she's DoPT with. How can you put this important witness on the stand and then yes, did the attorneys presented an actual, real, physical, literal receipt showing he wasn't just in New York that day, but almost a whole week the days surrounding. How can they make that mistake?
Speaker 2: He was on tour, so it wasn't really that hard to figure out. Yes, that's the other thing. I was like, wait, he was on tour, Yes, so those dates would have been readily available. So anyway, what the judge said to the defense was, well, it was a real Perry Mason moment for you guys, but not grounds to toss the case. But he did give the defense team a compliment.
Speaker 1: I thought that was kind of cool. He said, look here, you got them. You got them on this one. I'm not gonna give a mistrial, but yeah, you won that round exactly.
Speaker 2: And the other thing, Alexandra Shapiro, one of Diddy's attorneys, asked the judge if she could go on record to state that the government should never have called Brianna Bunglein to testify to that specific event. And she did that because she's, as most people would point out, legal experts who are much smarter than me on these types of moments, was doing that potentially to set up grounds for an appeal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that was I mean, what a moment in this trial. And again another mistrial. This is twice within the three weeks. Has it been that they asked for another mistrial? You think, what's going on? What's going on? Look, a case this complicated, certainly won this high profile. I'm surprised we haven't had more emotions for mistrial. This is just what they do. You take your chance, why not? Why not? And see what happened. So we probably haven't seen the last. But he had to handle that this morning. There's something that else going on this morning that at least the folks who are in the room, the reporters are in the room kind of scratching their heads about. Can't figure out. There was a big powow yesterday between the attorneys and the judge and the judges chambers. Nobody exactly knew what that was about. They've come out today now ropes and they're talking about apparently a juror in particular is being talked about or discussed. The defense wants to keep the juror. The prosecution doesn't know is what we know at this point. But this is a mystery juror and what's the issue.
Speaker 2: I know we will hopefully find out at some point, but yeah, Diddy's legal team wants to keep the juror in the trial. Prosecutors say they want more time to investigate the juror. So we're not exactly sure what that means for now the juror is going to stay in place, but certainly there could be another announcement about that and whoever. Well, we are listening to reporters who are in the courtroom and they say the whole courtroom was buzzing with conversation trying to figure out which sure what it could be about, but nobody knows. And they said that Diddy himself seemed very engrossed in the conversation with his defense attorneys after they were huddling.
Speaker 1: How many alternates do they have? They usually do about six, don't they?
Speaker 2: They get me somewhere around that they have plenty to Yeah, if they need to get rid of this juror for whatever fairness, they have plenty who've been sitting in and listening to everything.
Speaker 1: You could step in, step right in, and that's the point of having alternates. Folks, you know, wouldn't want to go through this whole process, then you lose one jur and then have to start this thing over again. So they got some standbys, but we don't know what's going on with this juror, in particular now to the actual testimony. There was some fresh testimony this morning that's going on again. Jane. She is a Jane Does testifying under that pseudonym robe. She's one of four alleged victims that the government is really building their case on. She got on the stand last Thursday, and she has been under direct examination up until now, so the cross examination is starting. We'll get into her full day of testimony, which wrapped up yesterday. We want to give folks now the highlights kind of what we've heard so far this morning, which once again continues to.
Speaker 2: Amaze yes, because it has me torn. We'll go over all of the unbelievable details that she testified to on Monday. But today, with the defense having their opportunity to show a softer, kinder side of Diddy and their relationship, it's making you have mixed feelings, which is exactly what they're hoping the jurors will feel like. But she talked about how Diddy was her baby, how she liked to give him foot rubs. I mean some of that is intimate, but also interesting that there mostly was good times.
Speaker 1: It was sweet. Yes, we don't hear any every day, so we do this podcast every day. I don't remember describing anything about him that someone would deem sweet. Yes, he liked foot rubs. His favorite show. Are they gonna Dateline?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know if they want to, but yes, apparently Diddy's favorite show was Dateline.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's going to work in a promo.
Speaker 2: Dateline Diddy loves us, Dateline will be doing a story about Ditty when all but it was okay, he's just like us, That's what.
Speaker 1: They want us to think. He's just like us.
Speaker 2: He likes to watch murder in the evenings. We like murder in the mornings. How different are we? A lot? A lot, a lot please after everything we've heard.
Speaker 1: But yes, that's what.
Speaker 2: They're trying to do. They're humanizing him, they're normalizing their relationship. They're trying to give jurors a fuller picture of what their relationship was actually like.
Speaker 1: Again, folks, that we as we're talking to you here, you have heard so much and read so much about this Ditty trial. Now listen to this. The woman on the stand right now testifying at the behest of the prosecution, so essentially testifying against Ditty is on the stand and this morning talked about this is the man that reintroduced her to religion.
Speaker 2: That was another thing.
Speaker 1: This is the man who got her back into religion connected with God. This is the guy, she says, would watch sermons on TV. They would do this together and have robes insightful conversations about life, love, and religion. Wow.
Speaker 2: She also talked about the fact that I believe they did have the receipts, and she said that sounded about right. That over the course of their relationship, he's given her around one hundred and fifty thousand dollars. He encouraged her business ambitions. She apparently had a clothing venture. He invested twenty thousand dollars into that. He put forty thousand dollars onto her apartment, first and last month's rent and a security deposit. And he also was paying for her legal fees throughout all of this. So they're showing him being this generous provider and that.
Speaker 1: Was in his best interest. The legal fees, I mean because a lot of the lawyers and what she needed was essentially to protect her. She was essentially right robes on his side up until last when that video came out, and when and Cassie's lawsuit came out. This woman, which we should not, has not sued him in civil court and says she does not plan to. But when all of that stuff was going on, she was still fully in a relationship.
Speaker 2: It sounds as though they weren't out of a relationship until after he was arrested.
Speaker 1: Yes, until last September, and she didn't get she was not cooperating with the government. The government didn't have her as a part of their case until after the raids and Cassie's stuff took place, so she wasn't a part of them building a case against them until after the fact. She essentially sitting up there as a woman, as horrific as it is, is someone who seems to be in his camp.
Speaker 2: What's interesting, though, is that to me makes all of her damning testimony that much more credible and believable, because.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to be here. I love and she said that today I love him. She was asked how she felt about does she still love him today on the stand this morning, folks, this woman who went through all that horror that's been described says she loves this man.
Speaker 2: And that makes her so credible to me and I think to the jury. So I don't know if that's going to work. It seems like that would actually work against Ditty because what she testified to was horrific, which we're going to get into in just a second, but to know that she still loves him, and this was one thing that was a little bit troubling for me listening to this morning. So Jane talked about the love contract that she had with Ditty, and that's where she was being paid I believe ten thousand dollars a month for doing freak offs in exchange for freak offs. So they actually have audio exchanges back and forth from Ditty and Jane where Ditty says, got your contract, find yourself a nice little spot, meaning an apartment, and then he said that he was addicted to Jane. He said to her, you are the crack pipe. That's my new name for you, crackpipe or should I call you CP. But what Jane responded to in her own voice in this audio message in real time was this yay to your contract, I am dying at your voicemail crackpipe is so real for the both of us. It's definitely mutual. And her voice was described as giddy by those who heard the audio message. That doesn't sound like coercion.
Speaker 1: So in your last breath almost you said that it sounds more credible because she is talking about how much she loves them and doesn't want to be there so right, So, on one hand, that makes all of her stories more credible. She doesn't have any reason to come up here and lie. But then on the other hand, when you hear that she was happy and excited, it sounds like a woman who wanted to be there experiencing all of those things. What does a juror do with that?
Speaker 2: I am my head is spinning right now, because let's go over some of what Jane testified to on Monday. This was the really hard to even listen to and get your head around to stimony that is in complete contrast to this loving sweet foot rub nights, watching Dayline, listening to your pastor in the morning. I can't put those two things together.
Speaker 1: You know. Yeah, Monday was a that was a rough day of testimony. I mean, we've heard a lot throughout from Mia who's the pseudonym as well, but then Cassiventurifine for several days and all of their stories. Would you not agree this way? Jane testify to reading Cassie Venturafines lawsuit. She says she was reading her own story. Yeah, she couldn't believe the details in this.
Speaker 2: She said, she almost painted it's her life.
Speaker 1: Right there, somebody else experienced and she had no idea.
Speaker 2: She thought she was the only one. She thought she was the only one who was enduring this to try and hope for a relationship with him, for all loving life with him, and realized, oh my god, this is just on repeat. I'm just the next person, the next girl to go through this. But she you know, you pointed this out we were talking. It doesn't sound like in their three and a half year relationship Jane and Ditty's that he ever physically assaulted her until this past summer.
Speaker 1: Correct, she hasn't testified about assaults. She hasn't about him forcing himself on her at any point either. It's just been a matter of the free costs and corrosion.
Speaker 2: Yes, But the assault she described on Monday was horrific. That she was at her place and she was hoping for a romantic night with him. She had candles everywhere all over the house. She brought up a younger woman who she heard rumors about that Diddy might be seeing on the side, and they got into a fight.
Speaker 1: And it's important the date is important. This was in June of last year, folks, So June of twenty twenty four, she was still dating this guy.
Speaker 2: Almost exactly a year ago, with a week to spare June eighteenth, twenty twenty four, she said. When they got into the fight because this woman, I guess was twenty five years younger, she called Diddy a pedophile because she was angry. Through a candle, she pushed his head on a marble countertop. So she admits that she started the physical.
Speaker 1: Oh, this was They spent a lot of time talking about this incident on the stand, and it's a unbelievable, horrific. It sounds like a horror movie night where someone is literally running from somebody trying to kill.
Speaker 2: That they turned into a dateline episode, like actually.
Speaker 1: She did this was absolutely this is nuts. The thing about now, to your point, she said, she unloaded on him she got the worst of it, but she admitted to being violent, which included, like you said, set him off by calling him that name. She says, all this been pent up anger of hers came out. She's throwing candles. There's wax all over the place. But yes, at one point, he was kind of leaning on a marble countertop, and she took his head and pushed it and slammed it down on that marble countertop. She admitted to all this. Yep, but this sounded like full on fisticuffs between two grown, equal sized folks, not a man woman fighting like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Because as she's telling him, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, she said, she was repeatedly saying that to him. She ran to the master bedroom and hid in a closet. He broke down the doors of the bedroom. She tried to run out of the bedroom. She said he kicked her in the back of the leg. She fell, and then he said he put her in a chokehold. She punched. He punched her back. She had bruises. She said she had a black eye. She said, he started punching my head. He started kicking me. He started saying all types of things, and she said, he told her to Well, this is when she ran out of the house, right, So.
Speaker 1: This fight is going on. She goes to a closet, gets away from him. Eventually, like you described, she says, she got out of the choke hold. She gets runs outside. This is where she lives now, and she's hiding somewhere. She's hiding outside for two hours, she said, two hours, hoping he would leave, assuming he would be gone when she got back. But she got back, he was still in there.
Speaker 2: He was still in there, and you know what he said to her, put some ice on those bruises and put on an outfit, meaning some lingerie because he had already called a male escort to show up, and he said, now you're going to perform for me after that horrific beating?
Speaker 1: Was this Anton? I think they even have the male essay. It was Anton.
Speaker 2: It was Anton.
Speaker 1: But she said when she came back, as she was trying to get cleaned up, he was still assaulting her while she was in the shower. He was smacking her while she was in the shower. Now, it's one thing. Do you hear this story, the fight, How horrific that is. This is the first time, right, We've heard a story where it combined two of the horrors until one night like back to back, allegedly beat somebody and then allegedly put somebody through a free cough back to back same night.
Speaker 2: I and I know with all of those horrible details, one stood out to me that maybe doesn't seem like that big of a deeal to you, but as a woman, I just thought, Oh, that's so painful. She's upset. The whole thing starts because she's she thinks that he might be seeing a younger girl on the side while he's got her pinned down. This is what she testifies to. He gets that girl, she's in her twenties, on the phone and starts having the girl hurl insults at Jane, like, so you're so upset that the guy you love you think is seeing someone, and now that girl is on the phone throwing shade on you. Talk about just inflaming your emotions.
Speaker 1: I didn't understand that. I didn't understand why that was Wow, Like, I don't what are people on? I mean, I suggest that's extra met Yeah, I didn't understand. Again, the guy who did that is the same guy who got her into religion and watched sermons with her on television.
Speaker 2: I can't get my head around that when he's.
Speaker 1: Supposed to do that. And this is the date here is very important again, June eighteenth of last year, twenty twenty four is when this happened. A month earlier, Diddy had gotten on social media and made an apology video about the Cassie Ventura Fine surveillance video that had come out. Promised to be a better person, promised to be a better man. I'm gonna do the work. I'm gonna do better. He said that to the world. A month later, he was beating the hell out of this woman, according to her testimony.
Speaker 2: Wow. And that is when she this was in a text she sent him. Correct when she said I am not an animal. Oh yeah, she sent this text. Again. These are real time texts. So again we were talking about this in yesterday's episode. How much more effective they are in the sense that you're not recalling something, you're not misremembering something or adding something to it that didn't really happen. This is exactly where she was in that time.
Speaker 1: She writes to Ditty, I don't have the date on this one because it is important, but just know this was until you. You made this very good point. This is better than testimony because this is stuff she wrote while she had no idea this was going to go public, no idea that she was going to be called to testify. There was one you read from her yesterday. I was really powerful. But if anybody's listening to the sounds of our voices, now stop for a moment and listen to this quote that Robot's about to give you, and it just guts you. Sometimes even worse than hearing some of the details of a freak off of details of a beat. This is so that's just this is a tough one the stomach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is from Jane writing this to Ditty. I'm not an animal. I'm not a porn star. These experiences are desensitizing sex for me. My spirit and my soul is tired. I need a break. I can't be used like this anymore. I wanted to make you happy, but it's creating a war inside me.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, you almost feel your heart crying when you hear that. No woman was pleading with this man. Just please te like she's just saying I need a break, right, didn't want to break up?
Speaker 2: Oh no, she doesn't want to break up a break She does not want to break up. She wants more foot rubs and Dateline Friday nights, you know, that's what she wanted. And candles and champagne maybe, and not ecstasy and multiple male escorts. That's a very different experience. And she was even with him as late as August correct last year in Miami. That's what she testified to and she said, yes, she once again had sex with another guy in front of ditty. She said he only wanted to have sex with her after she had sex with these men.
Speaker 1: Everybody has their kink, everybody has their thing, everybody has whatever it is they're into. Not here to judge any of that, but it is different to hear. I mean, that's just some stuff I don't used to hearing now. I used to hearing on a day in, day out.
Speaker 2: I've never heard anything like this before. And we watch horror movies, and we watched Dateline, and we watch a lot of these true crime shows. I haven't heard heard anything like this before in my life.
Speaker 1: We are going to all that appears, be hearing more about it for the next couple of days. She's expected again. You remind me she's the one that's supposed to have a trip on Wednesday, Thursday, Thursday, so they are trying to get done with her in all this testimony. By certainly she has to take a flight. Is it really just are they saying it's a vacation. They say they haven't said an international flight.
Speaker 2: But I know that the defense said I read this that they believe they had two days of cross examination.
Speaker 1: So it's got to be redirect, doesn't I I mean, how long will that take? A half? It seems like.
Speaker 2: Maybe she could move her flight twenty four hours. It's kind of important, but we'll see what happens. How much that plays into her availability? And do you have the option to say you're not available.
Speaker 1: Maybe they're just trying to accommodate her, you know, it's trying to be nice. This is difficult enough. Probably maybe, and we should notice. Well I didn't think of it until now. There was an expert that testified on the mindset the behavior of abuse victims. I can't remember her name. I think was Hughes. Testified a couple of weeks ago for the prosecution. But she was up there to kind of explain how and why a victim might not leave their abuser. The prosecution has asked to bring her back.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: They want her to testify again after Jane Judd said no, that actually makes.
Speaker 2: The judge said no, just said no, Oh wow, I can see why they would want to.
Speaker 1: But they would want to come back and try to get her to explained Nope, you don't get that option to do that again. So yeah, I thought that was to your point. I saw you react on your faith. Yes, I mean what that's interesting. So they feel like there's some point they need to make that they're missing after Jane's testament, we'll just have to remind.
Speaker 2: Yours of what she testified to in their closing statements. Well, we want to thank all of you for listening and we're going to continue to put out these podcasts every day as long as there is a juicy update, and my goodness, there have been no shortage of those so far, So thank you for listening to us on this rainy Tuesday, but we will be back with more, so stay tuned for that. Have a wonderful day, everybody,