Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters.
Speaker 3: At the Star.
Speaker 1: Now your hosts Darry Church, Heckma Harrison, and new he Scruggs.
Speaker 3: Here we are Players Lounge Thursday, heading into Sunday for NBC Sunday Night Football Cowboys Steelers rivalry. Renew to see it. Heckma Harrison in the house. Ema is here the Toledo Rocket burried chime and I am new E.
Speaker 2: Spokes Hey, you do that. You know, I wish understand. I'm trying to get to lead on their bread fall.
Speaker 3: Two fifty, fall that two fifty. I'm just trying to understand. When didn't put you in the hall? They did so there was a ceremony. You went up there, so you went back, had a little.
Speaker 2: Speech and everything.
Speaker 3: What man gave a little speech, you know, no thank a couple of people here and there.
Speaker 4: But you know, it's a good time, good time. I'll be right up in there. Nice picture had hair in the picture.
Speaker 2: It was cool.
Speaker 3: So so at that point where you still remember the team here, oh yeah, I I think it was twenty fifteen. Yeah, twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: I believe they celebrated you right away. Wait wait, wait later.
Speaker 4: He's in love it varsity team, right, so this.
Speaker 3: Is a beautiful honor right there. They proud of him. A man is you know, he's actually claiming the university on the you know, Sunday night football intro.
Speaker 2: You said to university. It's aldo.
Speaker 4: You said he didn't he didn't do the scandrid school hard.
Speaker 2: What do you say?
Speaker 3: Something centralized, stayed on the back, right, he refused. He was so so, he claimed, and my man, could you couldn't even leave it?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't say, like do a Bury church endowed scholarship? Happened because you get five years to endow one. By the way, you didn't do that. You just said, my man didn't even leave a check for the booster.
Speaker 2: It's coming.
Speaker 4: It's coming. It's coming. It's coming, man, it's coming. It's got to figure out who to who to get it. So that's what I gotta go.
Speaker 3: We've been doing the show.
Speaker 2: How many years?
Speaker 3: Half decades?
Speaker 2: What kind of what? What?
Speaker 5: What did Trump say about his playing? It's a what that an outline of a player?
Speaker 3: What is it the concept concept. You know, I gotta figure out Jason Garrett was coaching, we.
Speaker 2: Were doing.
Speaker 3: I gotta figure out, you know, who gets what?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: So you know, Mike McCarthy's on year five, so we've been doing this show since Garrett was his six years.
Speaker 5: It's almost he's gonna get you.
Speaker 3: I mean, you could you do the Sally Struggles? You know, just thirty cents a month? I got what you did that over time? You catch y'all, cat, y'all, Okay, got y'all, Okay.
Speaker 4: I gotta figure it out. The concepts almost their concepts almost there.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm gonna throw a curve ball. I just watched I don't watch first take, but it's all behind us. And then stephen A in the headline says, is it a mistake for the Cowboys not to pursue Adams? This is why I don't watch these shows.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 3: I mean, right here on the players lounge, brought you by Aristocrat Game, we're smart enough to understand there's no way in the world that you can pay C. D. Lamb over thirty million, and you go bringing Dawnta Adams and you're paying over thirty million dollars and you got Michael Parsons on deck, and you know he's gonna want thirty million at least, Where does it make any sense at all? And I'd like to think, I'm not gonna say think I know. Stephen A is a smart guy. Okay, forget all the theatrics that he puts in the He's a smart individual. He has access to the salary cap, he's got access to go to spoke track anything. And just see that it doesn't work. Math ain't math, The math, ain't man, ain't math. Nobody's paying sixty million dollars to two wide receivers.
Speaker 4: Can't do it.
Speaker 3: You can't do it with a with a superstar defensive player that's coming up? Why in this whole? And then, oh, by the way, is going to cost you a draft pick, a high one, either a first day or second day pick. So you're either giving up a one or they get asking for too maybe a couple threes. So you do that. Now, the ability to bring in cheap talent and have it under contract for first round pick five hears like a Tyler Smith who's a rookie contract or second round pick like a Duran Blair, You're you're you're eliminating this kind of thing because the second round pick is gonna be four years. That's why I just I just see they're dedicating time. And it's like you people out there are being fooled by this analysis, and it's like you want you want player. You're not one player away.
Speaker 4: You're just not I mean, I can keep you a being which you're not just one guy away from. If we get this guy, we're going to the next level where it's all year.
Speaker 3: If that's just not going, it's not reality. So why would you hamstring your team like that? Future picks all that out the window for you know, got ah year, you're not gonna have next year. So it clicks right, and you saw the headline said missing piece, Come on.
Speaker 5: No, it's well it's for real, man, it's the futility and the and that whole argument. Nobody's gonna they gotta come up with topics every day, you know, and that's one of the ones that that people have been talking about. Davante Adams is obviously a steal very good wide receiver. And if let's just say, if Ceedee Lamb was I don't know, year two of his career. Maybe you could entertain that the way that you would.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Look, I just think that in the position that the Cowboys are in right now, paying DAK and also paying CD, I don't want to hear that.
Speaker 2: If I'm CD, I don't want.
Speaker 3: To hear that.
Speaker 5: Exactly, I don't want to hear I don't want to hear that if I'm cdee Lamb, I don't want to hear you talking about Devonte Adams. I work my butt off all these years to be the number one wide receiver in the league, to be considered the top echelon. No find me, Tito, find me, Randy, you know, bring me some backup singers, give me some guys in here that. Look, man, when y'all already targeted me fifteen times and it's the second and longer guy that can move a change with me, A guy that can help me get this double team off me. Oh, by the way, why don't we get a running back that can also take the ball on first down and do more with it than pick up two yards at a time.
Speaker 2: I got a better idea.
Speaker 5: Why don't you give me a three technique that can get some stops at the defensive line, so that the office isn't taking up at the time off the time of possession away from us. That's what we opened up talking about as teams having time of possession on the Cowboys. So there's so many different things, and I think as Cowboy fans, you're just you're two and two right now, and you just won against the Giants. I don't care if it wasn't the aesthetics of the win. A win is a win, and you're two and two. There are a lot of teams that wish that they were two and two at this point. But this guy is falling. Get the Cowboys need this guy or that guy. No, you need more than that that one guy, and you need your stars to actually not just get the props on the outside, like go out there on the field and show everybody who you are. I mean, you got some first round draft picks that ain't short mazi, you got got third round draft picks, Oh so you got the second round. You got some guys out here that need to prove why they were picked where they were.
Speaker 3: And so this is really it's a public service announcement from from from the boys here at the players clubs that don't watch this stuff, or if you do watch it or consume it, know that it's just not realistic.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: The I mean, honestly, these are lies that they're putting out here. They're not pursuing it. The team's out there, are coming, but it doesn't make any sense. That's the thing that I don't understand is you put out something that financially doesn't make any sense. And all you do if you follow the team and you realize what they're trying to do, the biggest thing they are doing is we know Michael Parsons has to be paid and they want to retain Michael Parsons. Comes down to that. That is that is the focus of this team.
Speaker 5: And but you know what, nobody would love a disaster more than Steven A. It is hypothetically that absolutely did happen and he came in here and the Cowboys still like that didn't fix the run and then you went on a losing skid and all I mean like literally all went to hell in the hand basket. Oh man, he be he would love every minute of that.
Speaker 3: Soss clickbait TV, because you know what they don't want to do. They don't want to do a segment on the Miami Dolphins and how that thing is off all he okay, I mean what was going on? Or do a segment on what happened to the Cincinnati Bengals. Here's a team that was what had had the ball, could have gone down the field and won a Super Bowl a couple of years ago. And now you're looking at here's here's Jamar Chase unsigned, unhappy, Joe Burrow. You didn't invested a whole lot of money in Joe, he's not living up to it. Or your boy's daddy Duat what what somebody talking about Sunshine? That's the game yet? No, no, brother, no Sunshine got fifty five million dollars.
Speaker 2: Nobody said nothing.
Speaker 3: Right You you questioning Dak every week? Can we look at Trevor Lawrence. Have you seen a guy that's taking a bag that much? Who is delivering so little? So little? My stupid self picked Jacksonville make the Foot Bowl last year. I thought they were on the ride. Hate to see it.
Speaker 2: Man, you talk about hot seat. Peterson is on the hot seat too.
Speaker 5: And then I mean you bring up Miami, which would be a perfect example of a team that overpaid wide receivers and really don't have anywhere else to go. And also out by the way, paid their quarterback too, so that's a disaster.
Speaker 3: Heck, stay right there. Not only paid your quarterback? Is your quarterback going to play again? And do you so you're talking about off season? Is they going to the off season? What do they do in terms of that position?
Speaker 2: You know what they do?
Speaker 7: Is this?
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 3: Coach is coach Soloka? You know you still? I mean, but but I'm just thinking, where are there more legitimate, real storylines where there's real stuff going on.
Speaker 2: It's not sexy, that's what.
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 3: You're right, you're right. One of my one of my buddies, Mike Hill, when he worked up there, I called him one day and it was it was way back when t O was here. It's like three days later, after something had been squashed about Tarrell. They were talking to I said, Mike, why, He's like, oh, we go to show me. He's at every meeting it's cowboys and every I said, really, even when it's something that's you know, mate, He's like, hey man, they want it, so heck it's there. That's why I said, this is this is false television. And I'm sure, you get it, and you get it. Where your friends, your cowboy friends that called you and ask you about you really.
Speaker 5: Again, we gotta get it because I can. I can't come in here with you. Yeah, let's get Davante that with this man. I am not that, not today, not on. You're not gonna put that in my mind, not gonna have it. What I can't do it, I can't do it.
Speaker 2: I gave it in to take.
Speaker 5: I don't even want to hear that perspective because I know in a general football sense that makes absolutely no sense. You can't do it. And I don't care what the salary cap is going to be raised to. I can't do it.
Speaker 3: I God, God, God knows that. Hanging around Clarence too long, got Claires got the evil laugh. Clarience Hill of all City Dallas, He's got the evil laugh. But all right, let's hit our first break up here. Let's talk about some of these matchups as the Cowboys and Steelers get ready to get down here. I'm sorry I got distracted because I'm just just see it. I say, it's just it's so frustrating, and it's so frustrating because I keep the calls and the stop it. How many times I got to tell you this is not believable television.
Speaker 4: Look, Oh, it's not possible, right, It's not possible.
Speaker 3: But that's where I'm just check. Kyle, Yeah, who who has two sixty million dollars, I mean two thirty million.
Speaker 4: Dollars quarterback getting safety? You have, Hey, squad, we don't have.
Speaker 5: Not only do we not have the money, we got two players that we making one. We just call them the Jalens.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about we like the Jalen's here, Barry Churches here, Struggs. This is the player's lounge, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys Deck. Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 8: Kyle Yeoman's here, sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, A brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one hundred Gambler that's twenty hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 6: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 9: Prescott kits.
Speaker 10: It slides with a first.
Speaker 6: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookiecrypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 3: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 6: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 8: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com. Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys.
Speaker 3: VIP that's get Jack Black dot slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: Are you the.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of.
Speaker 11: The Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Back to the players Lounge.
Speaker 5: This segment is brought to you by Yetti, the official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Heck Maharrison, Yeah please launch brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming, Berry Church Exertors Scruggs. We are now deep into conversation about some of the matchups here in the Stealer Cowboys rivalry JJ Watt t J TJJ. I was gonna ask a question, is who's the better one? It was JJ or t J in your opinion and therime. I mean, just just as a player right now, just when you're looking at the crew, he's two. Got who's the better player. That's TOUGHJ. You going with TJ.
Speaker 2: I'm going TJ.
Speaker 5: You going with TJ is the the boy, the master of disaster, his his and look, I've seen JJ completely take over games in his prime also, But t J Watt is like he's put like a man possessed. He is as he goes, Pittsburgh goes, and it ain't even close when he's on his thing.
Speaker 2: Even with the other guys out there. I mean, t J.
Speaker 5: And it's hard for me to see. You know how much I love the bazooka. You know how much I love the bazooka. But when I sit down because I watched still the football because of my family members dog this this this guy is different.
Speaker 2: He's got a different speed, it's a different motor. He plays big.
Speaker 5: He I mean, they design things for him that I think it works because of his size, in the in the scheme that they play.
Speaker 2: I just that's my opinion.
Speaker 3: Nothing against TJ.
Speaker 2: Because TJ is a doult Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 4: It's unbelievable, but we're talking about a three time Defensive Player of the Year short winner in JJ Watt, someone who not only did it on the outside, you move him inside he was just as effective. I mean, this dude was unbelievable, not at just sacking the quarterback, stopping the run, forcing fumbles, and oh.
Speaker 3: By the way, he did it on both sides of the field.
Speaker 4: Offensively, he has multiple touchdowns as a tight end, not only that defensive player of the year three times a point we're sitting there. TJ is great. Don't get me wrong. TJ is an unbelievable player. I should have been you know, here's at the taco But.
Speaker 3: Anyways, is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Let him know.
Speaker 3: But you're talking about a generational player.
Speaker 2: JJ Way.
Speaker 5: Some of that also is recncy bias too. It is, and that's the that's the argument that you have in basketball. Yeah, that argument in boxing is recentcy bias. I just saw him last year. You know, I just saw it last year. So you I mean, as you remind me of how bad this man is. And also a oh by the way, he got multiple touchdowns as a tight end. That's a conversations to limit Aaron Donald. The family reunions be lit.
Speaker 4: Yo, what I'm Derek Watt though, that's wrong. Brothers over here, you playing food.
Speaker 3: Sick, ain't gonna.
Speaker 2: Lie's probably their favorite baby too. That's that's fact. You gotta make up for it.
Speaker 3: He's done a little better than Cooper Man made to leave league, Maydey to the league. We gotta give him that. You know, might have hung around. I don't know if he hung around and got a pension or not, but you know what I mean. So TJ's got how many DEFENSI Player of the Years always got at least one one or two.
Speaker 7: One?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I thought only one one.
Speaker 3: It's at least one. We had at least one in the bad. So when you said you know JJ's three times, I mean TJ's he's He's got at least one if not to And that's that division is also what's that of a division? I don't want to say that JJ was in a weaker division, but we darned sure know that that AFC North is something, man. And you out here playing with Lamar Jackson in your division. Joe Burrow and the Bengals made a super Bowl during TJ's time with the Steels. This is this division and no, no, no punk division.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 3: That's and you're playing outside when it's all said in Dune, it's gonna be I think it's gonna be a pretty interesting argument about how to stack these resumes because JJ's got he's got a resume that he's going to be in the discussion for the Hall of Fame. Okay, you win, and I'm not. I don't know the exact number, but I'm pretty sure since they named that award, everybody who has won it has gotten into the pro football. Yeah, Stephan Gilmore is going to be in the conversation.
Speaker 2: I'm still going yeah.
Speaker 3: So so I would say, I would venture to say JJ is going to be in the conversation, and I expect him to get in. Little brother is putting up kind kind of thing this so uh ultimately back this. Heck, what do they do?
Speaker 5: You have to You have to make sure we talked about it yesterday with Nate. You can't relegate all your attention over there. But as much as you can get guiding some help, get him some help, get him some help, and get him some help early. Try and run at them as much as you possibly can try. You know, this is this is one of those defenses that when they got you in the hip pocket, they keep you in the hip pocket. And if you're not scoring any points against that defense, and that's when they get an opportunity to put you in their fun house and run a bunch of extra men that you, blitzers, whatever you want to call them. But they they have the tendency to do a good job with covering, scheming and hiding their disguises. I think Dak is gonna have to play flawless. I've said it before. He's gonna have to have a really great game against them. And undoubtedly you have to get help from somebody else not named you know, CD or Ferguson with with you know, with Cooks even being hurt. You you have to get some extra production. And on top of that, you have to make them respect the D ball. If they don't respect the D ball at all, then obviously they can bring up a lot of their coverages and play shallow on you and take away some of that quick game that Dak likes to play with. Yeah, you know, I played with a lot of you know, great pass rushers in my time the Market Square, you know, clay As Campbell, all those guys, and from talking to them what they said.
Speaker 4: You know, how to not neutralize them, but to make them, you know, think a little bit more. Was like you just said, run at them. But also the screen game. You know, when you kind of let those guys in and they think, all they got a free Western, you pop it right behind them a couple of times for a screenplay, that kind of slows down the process because they might be the guy and they're thinking in the back of the head, wait a second, is this just.
Speaker 2: A screen Is this fool's goal once again?
Speaker 3: So that'll slow them down just a little bit.
Speaker 4: And I think you have the guys on the office side of the football for the Dallas cow Wis to do just that. We talked about turping earlier. You know, I feel like Davonte or not Davante, Rico Dado. And then you also got a guy by the name of Deuce Vaughan who can go out there and be the screen type of guys. But when you talk we talked to Nate yesterday getting the ball out of his hands quick, the screen game and running directly at those type of guys. They make some plays because TJ. Watt is a you know, like he will be a Hall of Famer eventually, He's gonna make some plays. But if you run at him and have that screen game, I think that'll slow his game down just a little bit.
Speaker 3: Mike McCarthy talking about rookie cornerback Kaalen Carson said quote, he needs to make a big step today. He's getting better. I don't have a strong feeling either way. He was limited in yesterday's practice.
Speaker 4: He was full go today. Like I seen him out there to day I practice. He had pads on twenty one, was out there rolling in the team sessions. You know, I saw him getting that release work with Harris out there. So I don't know if that's, you know, a bona fide. He showed what he needs to go to get to get in that next level because there was no big time thud up that I saw from him, and that's the shoulder injury. So to me, I saw him out there full go practice. He didn't have like a red don't touch me, you know, jersey on. He had the twenty one out there, So I think that's a good sign going into the Stillers game for Carson to get out there and play boy.
Speaker 5: You need something, You need something out of this corner back room. We had a guy last week. We didn't neither one of us knew the name of the guy. Is he you know, twenty seven. Yeah, I mean, and it's cool because he came in. He got an interception in Booth.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you that. But right boot my man Booth. Yeah, yeah, he's.
Speaker 5: That's different. That's different. I mean he got burnt burned on that on that one route. And you know, I want Kayla, Kayla Carson. We need you for another game man, until we can we can get our guy back, because right now he has been We've missed him like that is a big That is a big absence in that secondary.
Speaker 2: You know, when you have an all pro that's missing. This has such an impact.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's funny you're saying, we're in the locker room before people approted him. Can hear people? How do you pronounce?
Speaker 2: How do you pronounce it?
Speaker 3: And you know what I said, young man, you got that interception young man talked about. I was always thought the people to go, I all know you're not playing golf A big dog, big.
Speaker 5: Right, big dog, young man, my man, Chris Chris Pine, help us out, Christy pronounce his name, young young bull, young boy.
Speaker 2: You there to seven go with that? On the show, who said Harry up playing get back?
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, that's that's you. Don't know, man, man, you got it done. That pick Dix was just raving about it. You don't even use the name. It starts referencing Mike Michael was was was was talking on out there.
Speaker 5: Had Now we need him man, especially we start yeah, no, no, no, no, no, we need playing back. You know, we we need playing back to to to kind of settle what we We hadn't been able to see blading digs together in so long. I mean, we don't even know how effective these two guys could be. You just know that there's two all pros playing together. You know, I can't wait to get that combination back. But you talk about this game and Stillers have a wide receiver that could truly victimize your secondary. I mean, he's a he's a big guy. I wouldn't call him a burner, but he definitely is one of those guys. Even if you try and double team him, he has such a catch radius that he can.
Speaker 4: Hog you talking about pickings, right, yes, Well, let me ask you all this question. There is the better match for this game. I know we're going against fields, but would you rather see fields in this situation than a danger russ out there?
Speaker 3: Russell, let's right, because.
Speaker 4: I mean Russe for you know, he could throw the deep ball, that's one thing he can expose the secondary, but he ain't gonna do much other than that.
Speaker 3: So would y'all rather see Rust in this situation?
Speaker 2: Or Fields?
Speaker 5: I know we're gonna play Fields, But yeah, I think the only thing that worries me about Phields is the design runs that Smith puts him in. And we know that this defense is gonna struggle against the run anyway, and especially when you can load up on those Reid option plays on those boots and he's one on one with the guy, you know, I think those those are things that we've seen early in the season where our defense has struggled. And I don't want to compare him to Lamar Jackson because Lamar Jackson is special and you know it when you see it, but Justin Fields ain't but that far off from that kind of speed, and so those are the things that I worry about. We have been able to keep contained on this defense. And when you can't do that and you allow guys like Justin Fields will let his athletic ability flourish, that's where you get into some deep water.
Speaker 2: But hell yeah, I would have much rather rush.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, justin Fields gives me the thought process of Joshua Dobbs when the Cowboys had to deal with him in Tennessee one year, the next year Arizona, and he ended up beating them last year. Just hey, you take a little sleep and next thing you know, man, he's got you. Russ is not going to do that anymore, and not to be just be keeping it real. Russ is like Zeke twenty sixteen, Russ twenty sixteen, Zeke is, They're not the same. Father time is caught up with them. And that's that's just the nature of football. The best football is gone. And if you really think about it, there's a reason that not only did they get Russ, but they went out and got Fields too. They had question marks about you in Pittsburgh. And it's not like Russ came out there just took this job. They were in competition and he got injured and so you know, and nobody's sitting right here, man, we're about to get Russ back.
Speaker 2: No, no, you don't hear that.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, you're not hearing that at all. So it's kind of, oh, yeah, you're on the team, let's right, right.
Speaker 5: But that's in another wordy with with Phiels is third down. Third down is a concern of mine because if this defense is out there for longer than they need to and they can't get off the field. We've seen some third and loans get converted against this defense, and that's what I think the danger is with a guy like Feels. They like to line up in that pistol formation, and you know the defense is going to be reading off what every everything that nag he does. You lose contain, you lose a guy like that, he's able to keep third down going. And we've seen, man something when these defense have been there at their worst, it's when they can't get off the field on third down.
Speaker 3: I've been saving this when I didn't put it in the notes.
Speaker 2: I don't live surplies.
Speaker 3: Next segment, I want to know what the household will be for this game? For you, Heckmu because you got Uncle Joe Green, So how your game watching will be? And Barry Church, you're from Pittsburgh, what will your game watching be. Let's get a perspective from two men who have a clear understanding of Pittsburgh versus the Cowboys. We'll do that next right, here on the players Bot you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 2: Hey Danny mccrage here for Smoothie King.
Speaker 7: You know every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey.
Speaker 5: Drizzle with two new flavors. It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even.
Speaker 2: After you leave the track.
Speaker 7: Scoop up new coconuts smoothie bowls only a Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates.
Speaker 2: But with that Texas heat, it's.
Speaker 10: Crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colsterkne cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Cowboys gear is now available. At stadium, pro shops, concessions, and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys Collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a Boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash hugo Boss, Hugo Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag Beer Own Boss.
Speaker 9: Raisin caineent which the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to order canes chicken fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cut fries, texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day, canes, rules, raising canes, chicken fingers, one love, Go.
Speaker 11: Cowboys to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 5: Celebrate the best of autumn season with Wrangler Fallfests at the Star in Frisco. Join us on Saturday, October nineteenth for a day full of fall. Fund for the entire family, enjoy live, muse country music, hang out in the beer garden, and compete in the Western inspired games. Plus capture fall photo ops, saver seasonal bites, and enjoy Wranglers. Shopping admission and parking is free. Visit to stardistrict dot com for more information.
Speaker 3: Heckmharrison appreciate thereen We are in the players line, watch you by Aristocratic game and got Barry Church here form a Cowboy safety I have knew he scrugs, all right, So Cowboys Steelers Sunday Night Football on NBC. The ratings are going to be off the chain to historic franchises, to teams that are you know, right in the mix of people love watching these clubs. Okay, they got they got massive fans, not just here in America, across the world. These are two legendary franchises. Heckmharrison's uncle is Joe Green, the greatest Pittsburgh Steeler of all time. I'll bite you if you want to tell me anything different Terry Brastaw's nights, but go look it up here. Terry was good in Super Bowl thirteen and fourteen, but the defense set up the Steelers and definitely won super Bowls nine and ten. I mean, Terry got knocked out of Super Bowl ten.
Speaker 2: Terry will even tell you that exactly I was out. That was out.
Speaker 3: So heckma, what will the viewing be like in your home.
Speaker 2: For this game?
Speaker 5: So anybody knows me know that anytime the Cowboys are away, I have my watching traditions. I watched the game in a different room from the rest of the family because I have the remote. I'm always rewinding plays. They hate that, but this is how I'm wired. Okay, But somehow my family decided that they're gonna throw a watch party for everybody to come to. And all of my family is Super Bowl are still a fans. They are still a fan one hundred percent. It's just me and my family that are Cowboy fans. So they're inviting us to roast us. That's what That's gotta how I feel.
Speaker 3: But that's all right.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna step outside of my comfort zone. I don't feel comfortable about it, but I'm gonna do it. So I'm gonna go be behind enemy lines with my own family is gonna be in there still little themed everything black and gold, everything and so.
Speaker 3: So twenty sixteen, did you have the gathering of the family then or not?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 3: No, he didn't.
Speaker 2: I did not. I did not. We watched that separate. They didn't. They didn't want to watch that, but I.
Speaker 5: Made calls though, Yeah, you don't want to see the thing is like, you know, my my Unagnes, bless her soul man, I'll never forget. When we open at and T Stadium, she called me. She's and this is my uncle Joe's late wife. Uh she she calls me and says, oh, I'm walking around at and T Stadium. It's gonna be a nice place for us to go to the super Bowl. And then they came and played in the Super Bowl. When they lost, though, thank you, Mike.
Speaker 3: Pittsburgh native Mike McCarthy. Yeah, it is only victory against the Steelers going for in the regular season, but the guy got the Super Bowl win. All right, Church, you were a Pittsburgh native.
Speaker 4: Yes, indeed he born and and everybody outside of my immediate family, so I'm more growing up, everybody was a slip fan.
Speaker 2: But this just once I came here and became a cowboy.
Speaker 4: My mom's dad, sisters, and my grandparents converted the cowboys and they were like, my grandson's there and my sons, and that's what we're gonna rep But every single individual outside of that steal a fan friends everybody what they let me hear it each and every time I played the Steelers or you know the Steelers.
Speaker 2: Are doing well? What them boys doing Jackson? Oh they went crazy bumble.
Speaker 4: But when I did go up there in twenty seventeen and put the brakes on Ben Rothisberg and all, I took a pick six to the crib everything like that, I let everybody know. I had everybody come down after, you know, after the game's over, you see your family and all that. I'm talking some big noise. I mean, I'm putting posters and pictures up on Instagram. But what I did to those boys and you couldn't tell me. Then we went back to Pittsburgh that saying you're and beat them in the playhouse I got.
Speaker 3: They couldn't tell me that. You say, yeah, I don't want this, you don't want this anyway?
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, it's it's everybody in my family is just They bleed black and black and gold for show, except for the immediate family.
Speaker 3: Shout out to my grandma. Thanks for letting me throw the curve ball at you thought. That's all good.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know you already knew what it was gonna be. That's I did.
Speaker 3: I didn't know, I thought. But it's like you know, and then and then for the people who follow the show, you know that there's this is not a regular game for you know, this is this is right, This is a deep thing.
Speaker 2: This is a family.
Speaker 3: This is a this is a family thing.
Speaker 5: It's separated right right, Young had two cowboys fan. Oh yeah, he got born in sworn in. He don't know what are you talking about? I wish he would, I wish. But but we got a problem though. We got a problem with my daughter. My daughter she believes because she's a girl, she can have two teams, and so her other her other boys, what's her other boys?
Speaker 3: Still was the other boys?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But I told I said, come Sunday night, you better you better pick a side as you staying you staying over there, you better pick out a room.
Speaker 3: You better be pulling with the Cowboys and you want to come back home. Barry you too young for this question, libe out for heckming here as a Cowboy fan, which loss hurt you more? Super Bowl thirteen to the Steelers or the eighty one NFC Championship Game lost to the forty.
Speaker 5: Nine Ers to catch, I'm gonna go with the eighty one catch. I'm gonna go with the eighty one up on a seventy four, So you know that that lows out. Hey, I was still google God got on the blanket, So eighty one. It was one that I definitely remember, just how heart broke. Everybody else was about it. So that's that's why I'm picking that. But I mean, when I hear people talk about the loss, just you know, historically as it was, it was obviously one of those times where when you know the series, but you also know how successful the Cowboys were in the early seventies and then the emergence of the dynasty there in the seventies, is like nobody really believed It's one thing to win the Super Bowl's another one to repeat, but then there's another one to take down America's team.
Speaker 2: And it just did seem likely that, you.
Speaker 5: Know, them brothers out of Pittsburgh would be able to take all that down, and they did.
Speaker 2: They did just that, and they did just that more.
Speaker 3: The most heartbreaking loss, the most damaging loss, I would say it's Super Bowl thirteen because of the opportunity to be a back to back champion, the first three time Super Bowl champion in league history. That's to be the team of the seventies. All that was lost, that was heartbreaking. But the biggest game where I tears cowboy was the eighty one NFC Championship game. When the catch happened. That was, oh dude, that was for for those folks around. I remember meeting Dennis Thurman and he was a defensive back coach at USC and I was working in LA at the time and and just talked him. I was like, man, that game, bro, I had to go to school. I cried, I didn't want to go. I talked so much Cash I just do for sure this was this was gonna happen, because this was they lost in nineteen eighty they lost the NFC Championship game. To the Steelers twenty I mean to the Eagles twenty to seven. And then the Eagles went on and lost Super Bowl fifteen, and the next year like, okay, this is it, this is it. They're gonna get this done, go to Super Bowl six and they were gonna face the Bengals. I was about about to get these dudes, and I just knew it.
Speaker 2: And I remember telling this. He said, oh, you cried you you Yeah, I was hard on you.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's hard for you to go to school. Huh yeah, yeah, thanks, my bad, I'm.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm sorry. And that that developed a friendship that continues to this day. So so Cowboys, Steelers, Cowboys, Niners. These are these games mean something. And by the way, they faced the Niners this year, going back to.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying, Like, it's always surprising to me, you know, in the history of the NFL, how many of those teams have met at the top continuously, over and over and over again. Like the stories right themselves this week. You don't have to put in a lot of work. You just not even google it. It's just like it's just there for you to just tap into.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's the amount of the Hall of famers that you've seen in those those games. That's the thing. It's like, there's there's there have been legends that have played in these games. They're just just rival. Man. You so great players go at it. We do Thursday night football. Not a lot of great players here and between Tampa Bay and Atlanta.
Speaker 2: That not on gold jackets, don't you don't do you like that?
Speaker 3: Like, ain't a lot of gold jackets in this game.
Speaker 2: It's only one.
Speaker 4: Who Mike Mike Evans probably gonna sla. Yes, absolutely, that's one that's fres some respect on that, man. Yes, you're right, that's it. Okay, ring in Atlanta?
Speaker 2: Is it in Atlanta? In Tampa's in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Tampa thrashed the Eagles last week. So let's go ahead, and let's go ahead. By the Atlanta is favored by two and a half.
Speaker 2: Land Seeds, Land Seeds.
Speaker 5: I'm just just lan Seed, Chris, Atlanta being taking Tampa.
Speaker 2: Shaking back.
Speaker 3: That's where you're going, Hack, you're going.
Speaker 5: Shake man, I'm having a hard time. You did, y'all see the Atlanta New Orleans game last week, that last minute drive my cousins to get I'm sorry, that's too. That kicker from Atlanta has the best name in football, cool Young Way Cool. It ain't spelled that way, but I'll let you check it out. I'm not gonna get in trouble today, dere, but either way, young Cool, that's cool.
Speaker 2: That's the best name in football, bro period.
Speaker 3: My producer looks just like him, my man young Way.
Speaker 2: He's that bad bad victory. You know I'm gonna go.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go because it's Division two and it's at home. I'm gonna go with whos the home team. I'm going with Atlanta. I'm gonna go. This is I'm going thirty twenty four's gotta BC.
Speaker 3: You know what I like him for, Kirk, I do but shake and bakeman balling.
Speaker 2: He has a couple of games man defense over there too. Now, damn, I need to make for it.
Speaker 4: I need give me, give me they give me Atlanta, Give me Atlanta, Give me Atlanta twenty eight twenty four Many.
Speaker 3: That's a man shake and baked be balling to Thursday Night, Thursday Night. Sorry, I'm not I'm not looking for a lot of scoring in this game. Here give me a nineteen to sixteen Tampa Bay victory to Todd's defense comes through and they put a little something on there. But I'm just not looking for another.
Speaker 2: You had a bad week last week. You got to come back, Yes he did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just saying I just want to put that in your back of your mind. You may want to stay with the pack.
Speaker 3: You know what, man, I was, I was gearing up from my email trip.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's good Man, Justice, Mercy, well the other one game.
Speaker 3: So it's not like it's a big spread hair Oh good good.
Speaker 2: I just shout up about no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you reminded me. I really hadn't looked. Okay, okay, so you know what this is. Baking Mayfield, shake a Bay bowl. Guys, go ahead and believe in the Kirk Cousins on Prime in Folk. I'm gonna let you ki Folk, Kurt.
Speaker 2: Let's go young, way cool winner.
Speaker 3: I got sixteen, so you're gonna kick a feuder now, way coolkay, day the game. Heck, we're gonna eat a bowl of full while he's sitting here watching this, sir, get cool man. Heck, ma Harrison will do it again tomorrow. We'll just all yettie cool customer of Yeah tomorrow so Barry Church on new Scrush from Chris being Joshi uh Jazz, everybody makes it happen. He will talk to you a high two p m tomorrow right here on the players last come on way cool.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club