Speaker 1: How you feeling though, I feel great, brother.
Speaker 2: You know, it's been a while since I've gone into basketball games. Like with that feeling, I'm like, oh yeah, we're gonna go just win. And it's been two games. Even nobody's getting ahead of themselves. But I can only tell you how these two games will felt.
Speaker 1: I don't let them know.
Speaker 3: It's just how.
Speaker 2: They feel great, bro, Like you know, and stuff gonna get harder. We don't have to figure stuff out, you know, But I know when it's right.
Speaker 1: I could see it. I could see it. I could feel it. In the Bucks game, you got up for the big time block against Gary Trent Junior. You know they talking about defensive player of the year conversations is back up, Steph got to Stephan got the chefind Jimmy Butler got to serve it. Will and mcbilling post games, Steph's Steph said, Jimmy Butler's impact on him. Every possession doesn't feel as hard. What is the biggest takeaway from these two games since Jimmy is joining.
Speaker 2: The team, that's fact, bro, And that's on everybody though, bro, Like, that's that's on everybody offensively and defensively, Like he need draw it's crazy because in a weird way, he draws so much attention. Yeah, but obviously I've played with Steph for thirteen years, so drawing attention to me looks a certain way. You know. He played for twelve years drawing attention, and obviously with Kad for three years. But Jimmy draw attention differently than in a different once, but draw a lot of attention. And it's crazy because Jimmy, it's interesting.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Again, playing with Steph.
Speaker 2: One of the one of the most incredible things that Steph does is play without the ball. Jimmy has that same thing when Steph said, Yo, you have like opposite games Like it's it's on so many different levels.
Speaker 3: Like when step is.
Speaker 2: Running around like to find an opener to get the ball, Jimmy is like just working on the backside, like nudging it.
Speaker 3: Like it's crazy.
Speaker 2: They break the defense down the same way but different like and man, and so yeah, I understand what Steph is saying. I agree uh with what Steph is saying, Like Steph, just look more free.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna tell you, yeah.
Speaker 3: He looked he got he looked like he got belief. That's all. Like, that's that's all.
Speaker 1: It is, he energized.
Speaker 3: Steph.
Speaker 4: He he looked like he got believed, he said to me in Utah after the trade, he looked at me and he said, man, it's crazy because it just dawned on me that like this is it.
Speaker 2: This is the last run, right, like and I said, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Right, let's right to the hills ball us.
Speaker 2: It was an emotional moment. But yeah, like Jimmy, man, it's crazy. Brother, Wait, it's crazy because people draw, as you know, in this league, people has learned how to draw bullshit files. This dude, Jimmy, he really like he really make people file him like they are actually real files.
Speaker 3: And he got a not for it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: It's it's brought this this balance of like we can really slow our offense down because you got somebody that's like, like Steph said, step dominates from the perimeter. Like we all in the world knows that you got somebody now that's dominating inside the three point line, which naturally slows the offense down. Which I think we need to slow the offense down something anyway, because we don't have the same talent. And I accused that Andre Sean Livingston, David West.
Speaker 1: It's not the same weapons.
Speaker 2: And so it's a little different and allow and Jimmy allows us to slow down.
Speaker 3: So long will you go run?
Speaker 2: Great, but it's cool to slow down and man, and then defensively, it's in incredible. Jimmy, Jimmy we call Jimmy did already earned his name Megatron. Jimmy told her he came to me before the first game. He said, he man, throw me the ball high. He said, if you throw me to the ball high, I may not finish it, but I would get it and bring it down. He said, but nobody, if you just throw the ball, Bro, I just throw the ball up.
Speaker 3: He gonna grab every one of them for sure.
Speaker 2: That's his play. That's his play. And man, he literally he made good. He's just throw it up. I will go get it. Man, it's been so fun compete with Jimmy. And I must tell you to be deep. He'd been kicking my eyes and down the nose, bro, for real, he's been kicking my eyes.
Speaker 1: You trashing, that's not true.
Speaker 3: That's not very competitive game. Very competitive games.
Speaker 1: But then he but away.
Speaker 2: He got a little luck on this side too, Like he I'm up twenty points. He pulled five fives, like, yeah, he got a little luck on this side too, but he been I gotta give him his credit.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Jimmy, Okay, you know, I don't really be speaking on Jimmy. I'll try not to speak on him in his situation. But now that he with the Doves, I can tell you what my observation is. And it hit me before he got to the like before he played his first game, because you're sitting there, You're like, damn, how is this gonna work? And then they were showing highlights, and then they showed a couple of games that he played in the finals, and I realized something. Jimmy Butler is the superstar that's always open.
Speaker 2: He's always always open, right, He's always open.
Speaker 1: Also, he always has a he never gets double t he's always in the scoring position. He's always one or two dribbles away. And all the little little bullshit shenanigans that come with defense, deflections, steals, turn it like like, that's Jimmy's magic. You feel what I'm saying, that's his magic. And then when you take that to what the Warriors haven't had free throw y'all never went to the free throw line. Broy y'all was winning championships, not going to the free throw line, which was like crazy. Now you add free throws. This dude gets filed all the time and they really be following. Right. He a bully, right, not just on offense for USO, on defense, right, He's an incredible health defense. And on top of that, he got a new life. And so him being a villain, right with Dremond who's already a villain, who is just waiting for another villain to come into the room to wake up, and Steph who's a super villain, and people don't understand that Steph is in his best mode when the odds are stacked against Steph. And so now you got this kind of uh, this villain mentality, this hungry mentality, and nobody's gonna punk you, guys. Nobody's gonna IQ out iq you. And you can't just chase Steph around because Jimmy gets two's, dude, he gets two's and ones put backs, right, he don't need the ball for a long amount of time to go get thirty you know, thirty forty. Man, I'm watching this, I'm like, oh my god, hey, when y'all, what was it? What was it the Bulls game Steph went crazy? Right, just him catching fire like that? Right? Yeah, I think you got Jimmy on the back end getting tools and man ones getting put backs. I'm excited. He brings a lot. He brings a lot that all the intangible, all the intangible, all that.
Speaker 2: Shit is what people don't value. But what makes superstar superstar. Shout out to Mike donley man because I'm so happy Jimmy didn't end up in Phoenix.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that would have been awful.
Speaker 2: And what Jimmy has brought here when you talk about like two bullies, it's crazy because he just he's brought that sense of back of a week, we can win, and everybody feel that. And so the bar has been raised, and we know what that bar needs to be raised to, like we know what it and so the bar has been raised so much so that you talk about Steph these last four games, we all feel that excited.
Speaker 1: I got I warned.
Speaker 2: Apparently from the league the other day that the last few games I've been playing too aggressive and that they're warning me.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: I don't know what does that mean. I don't see nothing wrong.
Speaker 2: Exactly, but apparently me being there go win mode is a problem. So another thing we've never seen in a long time. We haven't seen it. Steph went out the game, it was a two point leader, four point lead. When he checks back into the game, it was seventeen. Yeah, he checks back into the game like seven to eight minutes to go in the fourth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the league, the team, that's the impact of jenity, that's the relief. Yeah, Steph gets to really look at the game. Right, Steph Curry has had the biggest responsibility of having to make endgame decisions and change his pattern.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I would say this year has been you know, trying because all lies on Steph. If Steph don't Steph, then nobody else is really open. Or if people not open, then Steph don't get the shots. And so you see him making a lot of in game adjustments. And you brought this to my attention, how people prepare game plans for stuff, and so that's you know, to switch your style up in the middle of the game to be effective. Right, A lot of great like only the greats can do it. But it's hard to how that relief to be able to sit on the bench and say, oh, okay, now I know when I get in, all I gotta do is a little bit more mid raise to the whole, like seeing Steph play not just three point basketball, but mid range, getting to the whole, rebounding, he playing, He playing like he playing in his Jordan there. Yeah, right, these last few games he did in his jordanaire where it's like, I want to play winning basketball, and I can see that, I can feel, I can feel that watching you guys.
Speaker 2: Everybody on the same type of time falling in line. I told the guys after the Laker game, I say, yoh, listen that second half. We don't do more victors around here, but this is about to look different now with Jimmy coming here. I told the guys, I said, this is about about to look different him and Steph. Jimmy's locker was right. Jimmy wasn't there, but then Steph was right. I was like, so listen, this is what we're on. We're gonna follow these two guys. I promise you, if we follow these two guys, we're gonna get there proper.
Speaker 3: Yep. And from that point the bar has been raised and you can feel it.
Speaker 2: Everyone around feels it, right, and it's what we needed Jimmy.
Speaker 3: Like I said, Jimmy on that same type of time. It's good. I like it.
Speaker 2: Calling all college basketball fans, I have some must watch TV for you. In two exciting new document series, Vice Sports will follow legendary head coaches Arkansas John Caliperi and Saint John's Rick Patino as they lead their teams through the ups and downs, triumphs and trials at this long competitive college basketball season eight.
Speaker 1: Series features unprecedented behind the scenes access exclusive interviews that provided intimate look at their coaching styles and how each works to get the most out of their players.
Speaker 2: Caliperi Razors And is airing now on Mondays at ten pm Easter.
Speaker 1: And Patino's Red Storm Rising is airing now on Tuesdays at ten pm Eastern Time only on Vice TV.
Speaker 2: Tune in each week check the Lincoln the bio for where to watch Vice TV. Before we get more to this episode, I want to let y'all know what else we'll be talking about. More insight on playing with my new Golda State Warrior teammate Jimmy Butler the third and I put.
Speaker 3: Quotation marks in an emphasis on the third.
Speaker 2: Jimmy first game with us was the one year anniversary of the passion of his father, which be in Chicago where he started his career.
Speaker 1: I imagine I'd have.
Speaker 2: Had that game that he has, so put an emphasis on the third saying goodbye to Wigs, you know, winning a championship with Wiggs.
Speaker 3: I think Wiggs has been here for six years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, six years, man, and you know to see him go all that always sucks. That is the business DS, Kyle Lindy, those got ye. There's been a lot going on around the league. Also Luca's first game with the Lakers. So make sure you hit that subscribe button so you don't miss any of the episodes.
Speaker 1: That's right. Follow the show on all social media platforms at Dremond Show so you don't miss any of these, I mean huge announcements, right. Steve Kurry talked about Jimmy's passing and how he was tendue you with some nice passes in the Bucks game. Are you surprised with that part of his game?
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm not surprised because Jimmy is a guy who, you know, all his career has gotten triple doubles, has always been a willing passer and all always passed the hell out of the ball, and so I'm not surprised.
Speaker 3: At all.
Speaker 2: And I'm telling you another thing that Jimmy does is teams going to that zone.
Speaker 3: Jimmy go to.
Speaker 1: The middle of the zone.
Speaker 2: Now he got right in the middle of the zone, sit right there. He hit me with some back door passes, working the darker. He hitting guys for threes. But most importantly he turned around and shoot the little minion fight away right and so you every option with that was my role. Yeah, that was my role with Nelly in the zone. Get get in the middle of the zone right by that right underneath the elbow.
Speaker 1: They can't do nothing about it. You one dribble away from Malayum, fade away, dunk, ghost person outlet. I like the l his his basketball IQ is, like y'all just automatically saying.
Speaker 3: His basketball IQ is Tom Tigger here.
Speaker 2: I've been learning from him these just these past few day in a couple of games playing like you just hear different things. He's saying he's so locked in, bro, like he locked out there and then he's smart. So I'm I'm happy to have the opportunity to learn from a guy like Jimmy, But I'm not surprised at all about the pass. And I know he's a great pastor, but I tell you what I did. He came, he came to the Sighine yesterday and he had passed up a shot and he was like, I should have shot that. I said, brother, let me tell you something. This team don't need your passing that hall with this tick. Yeah, it's you to score, Like, we need you to go score twenty five to thirty points. You're a great passor like Steph, so you're naturally going to see the path is there, but we need you to think shoot first, score first, twenty five thirty points.
Speaker 3: Like, that's what we need you to be.
Speaker 2: He was like, all right, he went back off their file, get filed, bucket and one.
Speaker 3: That's what we need, bro, we need.
Speaker 2: To be like, yeah, you need you need Miami Jimmy and shout out the heat for that type of basketball and the way he played that basketball fits directly into what you guys.
Speaker 1: Need because he can be the playmaker for him being aggressive on the offensive. N it's all one on one matchups. Yeah, he gets more one on one matchups than any dude I know, any superstar I know in the league. Right, and his is always fifteen feet away from the basket, catch two dubbles, getting the paint. You know, he's he is tough.
Speaker 2: To god one on one when he is below the free throw line. Something I want to throw out there about Jimmy also, and just what you just said about Miami Jimmy, the dopest thing about that to me is we actually do need Miami Jimmy. And I think every day he's figuring that out more and more, which is father because we here at this place, we encourage you be exactly who you are, bro, like dope and try to like, oh like, be exactly who you are. And I think he's figuring that out each day everybody like no, just go, like y, no, just go, And he's figuring out.
Speaker 3: More and more.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna tell you the dopest thing about that whole dynamic, like he is about to be here and be the Miami he Jimmy for sure. I'm gonna tell you the dopest thing about that to me is the lack of insecurity of Steph Curry, right, just like oh yeah, come on bro, like yeah, Stephan, the party open on, right. So many people will lack the self confidence in themselves in that position that Steph Curry in and have another alpha like number one option, like Jimmy come in and be like oh yeah, Bro, like go do your thing like it's cool.
Speaker 3: Like that is the power of Steph Curry.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I look at it like this. Steph is the DJ.
Speaker 3: He want to party.
Speaker 1: Right now, you got Draymon, Draymond's security making sure nobody messages.
Speaker 2: To DJ and nobody get out a lot. Now you got Jimmy and there Steph play the music. Jimmy can dance to any rhythm.
Speaker 1: Of soult absolutely. So now you got you got the party promoter, you got your security, and you got your DJ.
Speaker 3: And like, man, and.
Speaker 1: You know that that mechanism of Steph wanting a party meaning you know he he encourages success, right, he encourages happiness. He needs that. He needs everyone else to do their job and someone else to do extra work to take some pressure off of him.
Speaker 3: It's fire, bro, love it.
Speaker 1: All life for you. Bro, who's scoring big in the NBA this season? You are all the new ways.
Speaker 5: To get in on the action of DraftKings sports book and official sports betting partner of the NBA Eight Slams dishing the ball, cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite players. Prop bets you can make on DraftKings. It's fun, the home of NBA player props. If you're ready to place your first bet, make it really simple. Pick how many points your favorite players going to score. Go to Draft Kings sports Book. They have an app, download it make your pick. If you're a first timer, here's something special new Draft Kings customers. All you have to do is bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets instantly. So take it to the rack with Draft Kings sports Book, Every point Counts. Download their app takes ninety seconds. Use the code column cli n to get one hundred and fifty bones in bonus bets betting just five only on DraftKings.
Speaker 1: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 6: Gambling problem call one eight hundred gambler. In New York call eight seven seven eight ope and Y, or text ope and Y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario. New customers only bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Wins four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see dkang dot co slash audio.
Speaker 2: Let's move around this league, ah man. Start with what everybody been talking about, and I mean everybody reacting to the Luca trade, Luca ad trade. I saw a meme by the way that it's such a shocking trade. I saw a mean that said, everybody's so shocked that Luca got traded, that we.
Speaker 1: Acting like Anthony Davis's Hassan White's.
Speaker 2: And that couldn't be more accurate. No disrespect to the son, because I think, you know, for a sign to go from second round pick too. You know, if I'm not mistaken, I think he was an all star. If not, he got really close, but I think he was one time All star. But signing one hundred million dollar contract second round pick out the league, g league whole thing workers way back and do that A lot of respect for us signed and what he did in this league. So no disrespecting him. But I thought that meme was hilarious because everyone act like they didn't get Anthony Davis back, like you and everybody like, oh they got they should have got so many picks, bro, they got they Yeah, they got Anthony Davis thirty one.
Speaker 3: Yeah you got ad he.
Speaker 1: Damn there in every county, like he top five right now in every category.
Speaker 2: And no disrespect to Luca, but Anthony Davis is a top seventy five player in the NBA history.
Speaker 3: Luca's not that yet.
Speaker 2: Now he has the potential to be that, and he would be one hundred by the time, you know, top one hundred by the time the next one come out. But Anthony Davis is a perennial offset, a top seventy and everyone acting like.
Speaker 3: Like he's nobody, you know. But nonetheless, I think it was very shocking.
Speaker 2: I personally was at the Warriors Pokers charity night when the trade went down, and I'm.
Speaker 3: I'm steps two tables, you know, me and Steph going Draymond you see this. I'm like, you know, I had heard of a I heard like the Warriors are looking at making some trays and all of that.
Speaker 2: So he goes, you see this, and I'm like, see what he liked the trade? I said, they did it I'm thinking he talking about it something that just came up with us.
Speaker 3: He like, look.
Speaker 2: Luca and a D. I said, huh. I walk around his table. He showed me the phone.
Speaker 1: I'm like.
Speaker 2: The question that everyone had, is this real? I look closer, like it's from shops.
Speaker 3: It's real. It's real. They come from shops. You could meats a bottom dollar. It's real.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I was at a loss. I'm still at a lost words.
Speaker 1: I'm still like AI generated or like for real, like it still has a hit. I think now it's starting to hit. You know, everybody's saying they farewells. But when you heard about the trade, Like, why do you think the Mavericks would do a trade like this?
Speaker 3: I think a couple of reasons. Number one, where were you?
Speaker 2: I feel like this is one of those things that you it's such a big deal that you always remember where you were when to happen. Where were you when when this trade went? Now, I felt like I was at I was chilling with my girls. She shoved me. It's called bullshit. I called bullshit. I was like, man, that's some bullshit. And then I looked and I was like, charms real, it's real. So when I look at this trade. I think it happens for a couple of reasons. Number one, as great as Luka Doncic is, he was not drafted by the general manager of the Dallas Mavericks, the current general manager, and.
Speaker 3: So as great as he is, general.
Speaker 2: Managers have in their mind how they see fit for a team that they construct and how they want it to work, how they see it working, how they see themselves getting to it and winning a championship. Now, the first thing people will say is Luca just went to the finals last year, so they close.
Speaker 3: And I'll say, I agree, Luca did go to the finals last year.
Speaker 2: But what I'll also say is sometimes making it that far to the Western Conference finals, sometimes that can be a little Foods goal. Look at the Atlanta Hawks, was it three years ago, three four years ago? Going to the Eastern Conference finals barely has sniffed the playoffs since?
Speaker 3: Sometimes it can be a little Foods.
Speaker 2: Goal when you make it that far. Now, I don't think Dallas was Food's goal. I think they made great trades. May your last year acquired PJ. Washington Danie Gofford, who helped boost their lineup and put them in contention to compete for a championship, and they got there, they got close, I weren't quite able.
Speaker 3: To close it.
Speaker 2: So now when you look at that as that general manager, you're going back to the drawing board and you're saying, what do we need to do in order to get over the hunt. Quite honestly, I don't think anyone in the world would think the thing to do is trade Luca Doncas. I don't think anyone does that. But when I saw the trade, my first thought was, Dallas must know something that we don't know. That's man, I've been saying that they must know something. They must have some intel or something. You know, Luca's been dealing with a caf right Like, I'm like, they must have some intel or something that we don't quite know that, and so that's that's one of my first thoughts. Yeah, second thought is naturally, like superstar players don't get traded in their prime at twenty five and I'm not even sure if he's considered in his prime yet, right, but at twenty five, and you're right at the trade deadline, Like big trades like that that's don't normally happen at the trade deadline.
Speaker 3: And so when I look at it. I'd say Nico Harrison, who's.
Speaker 2: The general manager of the Dallas Marius for those that don't know, has like when I look at the makeup of his team, he go get to Kyrie Irvin that everybody's afraid of. Everybody think Kyrie's off his rocker. Everybody think he won't be able to be talked to. However, due to being the guy at Nike for so many years, Nico already had a relationship with Kyrie and he thought to himself, I can deal with Kyrie. So I'm going to go get Kyrie. And guess what. It's been stellar. Kyrie's been steller, he's been locked in so operation successful. So there's that you didn't give up a ton to get them right, like, so operation successful super.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: Now when I look at that, and then I take a step back and look at this trade, my first thought is, or second thought, here's a guy who you see the Lakers say, ah, they're worried a little bit about AD's durability. They don't think he's a one a guy, X, Y, and Z. And then you got Nico Harrison who's like, yeah, y'all may not think he's a one a guy. But what I know for sure is he's a one A talent.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so with my relationship with Jay Kidds relationship because he played you know, j Kidd was on the coaching staff when they won a championship in twenty twenty, nuts Jared Dully's relationship with Ade, I think we can get Ad to play at that one A level consistently, consistently, And I think that's the bet that they're making. But more importantly, the bet that they're making is if this ship is going to go down, if I'm going to go down, if I'm Nico Harrison, what I see is him saying I'm gonna go down with someone I trust, not necessarily someone that the GM before me trust. And yes, lucas a superstar, Yes Luca's great, but Luca was never Nico's guy Nikos. Yeah, and now Nico is bringing in his guy and saying, I'm a swing for the fences and if I failed, I fail. But I felt doing it my way, and you got to respect someone who's willing to take that stand.
Speaker 1: A right I man, I agree, dude, he is doing it the way he want to do it. Right. Something about the Luca thing, even though they went to the finals. I think for him it was there needs to be a final piece, right. I think they also experienced like, hey, you know, Dallas got Dallas got cracking, Dallas got hot in the playoffs, Luca got hot in the playoffs. But it was really the team that played so well right that allowed Luca to beat Luca in Luca moments, and then also when Luca was dialed into, you know, the success of the team right, trying to play defense, trying to do the different things on the defensive end, that's when they want. Those are the games that they want. And you get to the finals and you look and you say, hey, man, my superstar is being put on an island by this entire roster. We are vulnerable if he does not defend right, if he does not take up on this leadership responsibility in the finals, we don't have a chance. And I think Nico saw that. And when you see some like ad, you're looking at if I had a D in that game with the squad we had, with the way we play, we got a better chance of winning that series on the defensive end with somebody like a D. And then stacking the deck. Now you're the biggest team in the West. You got the most size you athletic in the front court. You know it unlocks Kyrie to go be Kyrie again. Right, You got Clay over there that can be a great compliment to Kyrie. So I think the eighty, the eighty for Dallas is their upgrade. Now, yes, we need to go now everything, We're putting all our chips on the table. We need to go now. This twenty five year old kid, right, we don't know if this is if we built this team for him. This team is not necessar constructed and built for Luca right and for the future of Lucas. So you would have had to continue to make iterations and keep moving pieces to figure out, Okay, is this the right fit? Because you got not that you got lucky. Last year you earned and deserved everything, But there was some teams that were tired, teams that were hurt, right, and this year is way different.
Speaker 2: You see the fatigue, right, you see the coming back from the Olympics.
Speaker 1: You gotta know something. It's too much wear and tear. Whereas he gonna be at thirty versus ad at thirty five, Like who's gonna have you know, over the next three or four years. Who's going to have that window of longevity and we're gonna see where these dudes kind of measure out.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's the fact.
Speaker 2: And I think when you look at Nico's fresh conference and stuff, the one thing I respect the most is he's standing on it.
Speaker 3: He gave us.
Speaker 1: Reason no, he's standing on it.
Speaker 2: And he said, listen, what I thought was a very very bold statement, and like I said, I respect it.
Speaker 3: He said, listen, we would see if I was right or wrong, pretty much saying, I know that this move is.
Speaker 2: Either gonna get me make me a long tenure, Jim, or it's gonna get me fired. And we'll see if I'm right or wrong. And I respect that. I will say, listen, anybody that make a move like that and they stand on it, Hey dude, Jason Kidd was not. He was in the meeting like I going, hey dude, Jason Kidd.
Speaker 1: I never seen Jason.
Speaker 3: Kidd like that. Jake Jake k looked like he has a ghost. I was like, man, I gotta be here, I gotta be here.
Speaker 1: I ain't got nothing to say. He was a shock that That is the face of a coaching shock. What do you think, somebody, what do you think is going on on? And Jake Kid mind just based off that press conference? You know, what is he thinking? What is he contemplate?
Speaker 2: What he's thinking is he has to change his entire offense That a guy you could just get a ball to and let him go figure it out of school. Yeah, I think he's trying to sit there. He's sitting there trying to process what it is like that's in front of him, what it is that just happened. Like I think Jay Kidd. I think I think Jay Kidd was all over the place sitting there because again also like Nico said it, like Jake Kid didn't know right, So like even being in the dark, like you start thinking about I think Jay can't sit thinking about all of that. It was like you just see the look on his face, which crazy.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you tell me? Just tell me? Men, don't let me like this.
Speaker 2: I respect it though, because they all right, like you see shams get stories and like a lot of people that be leaking stuff these days, Like it's not like you just got four coaches anymore. Like I think our coaching staff may be twenty guys, and so all of a sudden you tell your coach and he tell his guy on the coaching staff, He go tell his young guy on the coaching staff, right, and all of a sudden they get back to Shams and then it don't go through. Now, if you're Dallas and you're secretly trying to trade Luke and it don't go through, now, you gotta be a real issue, you know.
Speaker 3: And so I think I understood it right.
Speaker 2: Like everybody's like, oh, man, like, how could you not say this to Jak, how could you not?
Speaker 3: But like in a situation like that.
Speaker 2: Where you can't tell nobody, I can't tell anybody. And we live in this world where people tell everything. People show you their location exactly where they at when it at right.
Speaker 3: We live in this world where everything is leaked to the media.
Speaker 2: So the one time that something don't get leaked, people trying to say that's crazy, you know, That's how actually things probably should be. Like yeah, you know, like if you're doing something to better your team and you're trying to make a straight it's probably best that you don't say that to anyone. And so I think in looking at that, I think I would hope that one of the main takeaways for people is keep your mouth shut, like that deal got Luka Donci's got traded and it was quiet, which means everybody else can shut the hell up, like and stop sharing every little secret you have to like try to get a leg up or gain a friend. Like, I don't understand it, so I respect the way they did it. Did they get the most value that they could get for Luca? People are like, oh, they could have got three picks, so they could have got four. They got Anthony Davis and a first round pick that you know, we'll see how it goes. Nonetheless, like if they wanted to flip Anthony Davis right now, they could flip Anthony Davis for four first round picks. Yeah, for sure, right, So it's not like they can't get the first round picks if they wanted the picks. But they trying to win now, and they got a guy who helps them win now. Not to mention, they just put him next to a center, which he loves. He lost playing next to a center, and they just put him next to a big ass center and Dave Gofferd and a big ass center and Derek Lively, right, so that kills those problems for Ade.
Speaker 3: Listen man.
Speaker 2: I think in a situation like that where you traded Luca, I'm not sure there's many guys that they could have got back that you're that you you go from wherever they were in the West to like people saying, oh, that's the best team in the West, Like they traded Luca Dungeons and people are saying it's the best team in the webbing. But then on the flip side, like you got people like, oh, that's still dumbons right, well, how are they the best team in the West. But it's the demonstrade. Ever, like I don't I don't quite understand that. Nonetheless, I feel for Luca because you've poured into that community, you have, taking that city on, made it home, and like out of nowhere blindly get traded. I do feel back him. That's the shitty side of the NBA. Like if Luca came out and was like, yo, I want to be traded, There'll be this huge uproar of like, ah, you know what I'm saying, another star player I want to leave the team, and like we need to stop this. But this man gets traded in the dark, in the middle of the night. He literally got traded after midnight after midnight, right in the middle of the night, Luca Donta's got traded and then Luca. It's crazy, like I saw. I feel for Luca, you know. I think Luca, if I'm not mistaken, I think he just had a kid, you know, so like just a bout the house. I heard he just bought a new crib like and that makes sense because his home had just got broken into. So I'm sure he was probably moving somewhere with more security or whatever. But man, I do feel bad for him, you know. And Luca is not a guy that's going to come out to say something. He know, I saw his dad saying something, but Luca not a guy that's gonna come out and say something.
Speaker 1: I do feel a little bad. I feel bad for Luca for sure. Okay, I don't feel bad for Luca. Why you going to the Lakers? Oh that's you're coming to the land. Come on, you an international superstar, a megastar. Now it's rock and rolls on a lot of them games that we was hearing about or didn't see. We get to see that. And you know how Laker fans are, they gonna they gonna take it up times team now with Luca, you got you have time. Yes, the Lakers have bought themselves a great opportunity to build now, to compete now and start to mobilize how they want to be in the future.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, that's around the superstar at twenty five. So I think at twenty five years old. Okay, who do you think won the trade.
Speaker 3: In the interro? In the interro in the interim?
Speaker 2: Right now today, I think that's out of Dallas because and the reason I say that that's a main team. You got Luca, if you're the Lakers now, but now you don't have a big you know, you don't have a starting caliber center. And so I think for them now they have to figure out how to make how to build the team right Like you got bron you got Luca, you got Austin Reeves, you know, but now you got to like figure out how to build a team out. So now they'll they'll need to at some point get a big right. And so I think as of right now, currently, as it stands today, you lace them up, you go out there and play tomorrow it's Dallas. But I don't think this was a move that the Lakers was making to say we're betting right now for today, I think what the Lakers thought was, this team ain't great, We're not winning the championship.
Speaker 3: We got a chance to get Luka Doncics.
Speaker 2: This gives us a chance to possibly sign a couple guys and compete right now with Luca and Lebron. It also gives us a chance to compete to where with Luca. Now that twenty twenty seven draft pick ain't gonna be as high as people thought it was. Twenty twenty nine probably won't be high as people thought it was either a Luca to this roster. So I think, you know, currently as it stands the Max, but this is a this is a right now and long term play for the Lakers, and so I think as they build the team out then that can change.
Speaker 3: But they're gonna need to build a team out now. And also, before we say something else, shout at to my young fellow Max Christie, that's right, you know how hisself into the starting lineup. I think now for Max, Max is going to a team that's more loaded in that position now, you know, so he gotta go figure his way out.
Speaker 2: Nonetheless, he is spartan dog. He gonna do things out there. That a lot of those other guys ain't gonna do because they ain't coach. My time is so I believe he'll figure it out either way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe that was kind of like the the caveat in the deal. Watching Max Christie his evolution, you know, JJ playing him. I saw something. I saw why they drafted him. I saw his potential. And now moving that piece over to Dallas, complimenting of Klay Thompson, right, being over there complimenting Klay Thompson because Max gonna play some defense, Maxican score, he can cut, he cut to the basket, he athletic. Right, So Dallas is now getting not only a d but they getting a young dog. Yes, right, they got another young dog that that can fit into that that ecosystem in what they building.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing like when you look at the NBA and a lot of things that I think fans don't understand.
Speaker 3: It's like contracts. Your contract matters.
Speaker 2: And so for instance, Max just signed a four year, thirty two million dollar deal. He's going to get an opportunity and he'll probably get the opportunity over Quinton Grimes because he.
Speaker 3: Has a meaningful contract.
Speaker 2: And that's where I don't think of that, I said, And I don't think people understand how much that matters. When you're like, oh, that guy should have signed for less, Like, yeah, you signed for less, you're also setting yourself up to get screwed because you signed for less. Their value is no longer as high as it was, you know, So if you're not in a certain position and you signed for less, you can screw yourself. So, Harri's why I think, like Max soign In, that deal actually gives him more security than just financial security.
Speaker 3: It gives him more security to get.
Speaker 2: An opportunity or two or three because he got the contract, and so I think, and I think with an opportunity, he figures it out.
Speaker 3: Spartan dog, that's what we do. I agree.
Speaker 1: I also wanted to dial in the Utah Jazz. Right, they didn't even know that Luca was being traded. Can you explain how is that possible for them to be involved in the trade and then not know somebody being traded? The Utah Jazz, Right, they didn't even know that Luca was being traded. Can you explain how is that possible for them to be involved in the trade and then not know somebody being traded. At that point, do you just wake up and be like, man, the Lakers in the Dallas, who can we call to get some picks? Call Utah, Mom, call Utah, you want some draft picks. Gotta take it.
Speaker 2: Listen, here's what I will say about that bed, Rob Polinka.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. It is a little on the lines of morally.
Speaker 2: Fucked up for what he did, but I understand why he did it.
Speaker 3: It's a little along the line.
Speaker 2: You know how someone do something and you're like, well, they didn't break a law, so they can't go to jail. And I think Rob Pelinka is right there, Teeter in that line. You didn't quite do anything wrong. But Marley, I don't think Danny ain't gonna ever work with him again, because sure, like, who knows if Danny would have did the deal or not, but you didn't give me the choice, and I think that's going to just put a strain on their working relationship because how many times you tell me this, BD, how many times have you seen the wool.
Speaker 3: Get pulled over Danny Ainge's head? Danny Ainge do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, very very seldom, very seldom. In his tenure, Rob Polka and Nico Harrison pulled the wool over his head.
Speaker 1: So and then and then and then it's the Lakers too, So you know, Danny Ainge and the Lakers don't get along, So he ain't trying to help no Lakers.
Speaker 3: He's a Boston Celtic. It's a Boston Celtic. He's not trying to help those down his side.
Speaker 1: That a man.
Speaker 2: So for those people out there, I'm not a general manager, but how I would imagine that happen is if you call and you're just like, yo, we're trying to get off with Chapino. Young guy will give up two second round picks, and Danny Ainge is just going to take him because he's taking all those drive picks right now.
Speaker 3: Then they don't tell wait time out?
Speaker 1: Are you saying?
Speaker 3: Hold on?
Speaker 1: I think I know what you're saying. Did Rob Palenka called Danny Ainge and make the trade and didn't tell him nothing about this?
Speaker 3: One thousand percent? One percent?
Speaker 1: Oh that is?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: But hey, dude.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, though, b d here's why. Here's how he can get away with it. Though I'm gonna tell you how he got it. He can get away with it because in that deal The only thing that went to Utah was Usino in two second round picks from the Lakers and picks and the Lakers like it wasn't like it was Dallas pick or you know Dallas has to give up. Now the picks came from the Lakers, so you didn't have to let him know that there was a third team involved because everything that Utah received came from the Lakers.
Speaker 3: But man, that's a little man.
Speaker 1: He got fleas heydd Ah, that is that is border line. Ah, that is oh way I got said, bd. That's what you gotta. That's what you gotta come knocker daddy age. Man have to see rob be like, hey, bro, I gotta come knock on your door on me. You owe me one. That's that's one of them. You owe me one like you owe me one for sure?
Speaker 3: This is you man. This ain't like they made a trade.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine they ain't make a trade work for like you know they had traded for last year. It ain't like they made the trade work for Rui. This is Luca dungeis man like dude. They went over there fleece and you say, wow, he.
Speaker 3: For show for sure. You don't see that happened to Danny often.
Speaker 2: You don't see that happen to so impress the often right, like, wow, imagine breaking up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was incredible. Good job, Rob Polinka. He got that off, and he really got that off. Hey, Danny Age, I got these two picks and and hood Shavino. Hey what you's thinking? Oh man, what man? Let me just get let me let me let me give you those. He's like, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Let me let me go, let me call, let me call Nico. Niko is done. Niko has done it. It's done.
Speaker 1: I got Utah invall they gonna tell you, Oh man.
Speaker 2: Thirty minutes right, Lincoln had come across danny Ahe taking Luca Donta has traded to the lost.
Speaker 1: You know, Danny Age is hot. Look at he even said it. He basically said he was enough. He had no idea that he was helping the Lakers.
Speaker 3: Crazy Luca. He had no idea.
Speaker 2: Then some time, by the time he found out, it was too late. That is crazy, crazy, bro.
Speaker 1: You can never you can never do another deal with the Utah Jazz. If you the Lakers unless you go give them something, you gotta go. You gotta go get that man. Something back later in a couple of years.
Speaker 3: And be like, no hard villains, and you have to absolutely it's crazy.
Speaker 1: The Warriors begin a six game road trip on Wednesday. I want to do something a little different. I want to talk storylines for each team instead of you know, usually how we talk matchups. Yep, that's cool, yes, sir, all right, let's start. Let's start. Let's start with Utah first, the Utah Jazz. This team is looking to keep drafting picks right. They want the number one pick, Cooper Flag. Everybody is saying, how important is it for a franchise to get the number one pick coming in this draft? And what does that do for Utah with what they're doing.
Speaker 2: It's very important for Utah to get the number one pick in this draft. Not to be racist, but Utah is very white. It's like a very white place. And so Cooper Flag like, I'm sure they're looking at us like their next great hope, you know, and that he fit in there. You know, it's from Maine, you know, and so I think that's kind of a match made in heaven. And I'm sure they're doing all that they can to try to get it, to make that match happen. I think for us, you know, they have good NB some good NBA players on that team, and for us, we just got to make sure that we stay locked in. But you know, going because you can easily go lose that game. We don't have any space to do that. But this is Danny Ainge. Like Danny Ainge rebuilt the Boston Celtics that we know as we know today off of this same exact strategy, and.
Speaker 3: He's proven that he can do it. I think he'll do it again.
Speaker 2: But it's very important for them to get the number one draft because they can't pay anybody to come to Utah. So you got to get the number one pick because they can't pay a number one pick talent to come to Utah. I can't pay him enough. They not getting one of them superstars Atlant zero percent chance. They can't get Jimmy Butler though.
Speaker 1: He could wind up in Utah as the last resort you don't want to go whatever.
Speaker 2: You know what I saying, Bernie and Pat Off is like Jimmy and I sign in extension with Utah.
Speaker 1: He don't really have that emo hair Emo bangs in Utah. Here's a bowl take. If this is not working, Trey Luca, Luca play you make the playoffs? Who knows next year? If this shit don't work with Lebron, what happens? Does Lebron leave or do the Lakers say, hey, this is the final piece to move to figure out this roster.
Speaker 2: For look, I think if anything's going to happen with Brin as far as leaving the Laker, I think it happens this summer.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's the next year.
Speaker 2: Thing because I also don't think I don't I don't think you're gonna he don't have time. But I also don't think you're going to see a Lebron James trading mid season. We were shocked by this one, but I just can't foresee that. Like we made a go at it last year, and the one reason it didn't happen is because you just weren't.
Speaker 3: Going to get a Lebron James moving man.
Speaker 1: See that, you know?
Speaker 2: And so I think if anything happens, it happens this coming summer. I don't think it's wait till next deadline and see it ain't working. I don't foresee that. I don't foresee what what? But what is the okay? So what is the domino effect right of this trade to the n B A nobody's safe U and every and if you're a general manager, you calling you calling you calling on Guy Win, be you calling on we don't even think you have a chance second. Now, if you're a GM, I think the way that this plays out moving forward is you're going to have You're going to now start seeing more young promising talent get traded because you're going to just get more calls and as opposed to before, like nobody's calling it like yo y'all trying to trade Steph or yo y'all trying to trade with nobody's calling us center. You're going to get those calls now all the time. If people just throwing ship out the wall and seeing if it's thick man, that's kind of the way. That's that's the I think one of the biggest impacts on the NBA. And then let's face it, you got Luka, Doncic and Laker purple and gold. That's crazy, that's massive, Like mister Lakers is the Lakers brand. And now with Luka done, and you're talking about globally like it's a real thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's a there's a real community here, you know, and it's a real diverse community for him. That Europe it's a European vibe here for him, it's a more welcoming vibe for him.
Speaker 3: So man, damn yeah, I think it's changing.
Speaker 1: It's a good Yeah, it's a huge domino effect. I also wanted to pinpoint Dallas was smart because they got off that Supermax, because that Supermax is gonna kill a lot of teams. Like you were saying, you're gonna see a lot of young dudes get traded. Because now it's like they coming up on that Supermax and it's like, Yo, in five years, is this dude gonna be worth one hundred million dollars a year?
Speaker 3: You know what? This goes back to bed on the Draymond Green Show before.
Speaker 1: I was blessed.
Speaker 2: To have you come on and partner on this show and bring a whole different life and take to this show when I just used to be sitting here by myself talking.
Speaker 1: To a Draymond domas Draymond Doma.
Speaker 3: Absolutely I spoke about and I went on a tweet.
Speaker 2: Storm about how fucking dumb, stupid the CBA that we were going to sign as players when it when it first leaked that we were going to agree to a deal and they leaked the terms, I went on this whole tweet store and I spoke on the pod about how dumb that CBA was. And you know, you see Luca Doncis getting traded. Don't for not for one second thing that that's also not a byproduct of that dumb ass CBA we signed.
Speaker 3: You put in a hard cap. The second apron is a hard cap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And every time somebody get up that second April, you can bet your bottom dollar they're going to be trying to trade out of that second April. And so you just saw Luca Dontis get traded at twenty five. That is a by product of the second April of Dallas. Like, man, we're gonna have to pay him eighty five million dollars a year, all right.
Speaker 3: He good?
Speaker 1: He great, But ain't no money for nobody else.
Speaker 3: We like, were you about to go into the second April?
Speaker 2: No, we ain't trying to go into the second April, right, And so Luca duntons getting traded. And what I have not seen anyone talk about is one million percent a by product of the cap situation in the second April, it is one thousand percent, and I don't think people notice or realize that, but you're going to see more and more trades like that because that second apron, Man, that's just a it's just a nice way of saying a hard cap.
Speaker 1: It's just a crazy threshold. It puts It puts the team in a back document. Obviously, it's incredible for the player. But if you're trying to build and you're trying to win, and your top two dudes is taking all the bread, you're not, and then and and you're paying them off potential, Yes, you know you're paying them off of Hey, over these next five yeah, we're paying you off of potential. I just think that you know that hard cap and like you're saying that that that second apron, a lot of people are gonna start falling in that second apron, and the it's gonna give the team, Like, it's just gonna be so much player movement because people are gonna try to avoid that, and you're gonna lose loyalty from your young superstars.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Next is the Los Angeles Lakers. Obviously, the new look Lakers being here in La uh Luca won't be playing. Most likely he won't return until February A. Talk about the Lakers as a threat. Talk about the Lakers right now without Luca, you know, they won I think four they went four and one without a d. How danger signed the Lakers? You know, from now and then the next five to ten years.
Speaker 2: I mean, now you have Lebron James and Luca douneons, you're dangerous. Can you figure it out? Can you figure everything out around on the defensive side of the ball, losing a rin protector, like a d all of those things you have to figure those things out.
Speaker 3: But they got Lebron James and Luca Doneons.
Speaker 2: They always have a chance to win the game for the next five to ten years. I think, you know, they're in a great spot as far as getting the Luca in opposite complete opposite of what the problem that Utah has is the Lakers can get people to sign there. You know, you can get people to come signed in LA and so they have the opposite issue of the Utah Jazz when it comes to that. But then saying that the next file is ten years looks great, but it all depends on Luca's health. You know, Luca's health will be the driver of what the Lakers look like in the next five to ten years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need Luca to have one of them Venice Beach bodies. He gotta go out there, you know, and get on Venice Beach. We need we need Luca with his muscle beach body.
Speaker 2: Bron posted a picture of the new Big Three in La Luca Bron Reeves.
Speaker 3: What is your first impression on the new Lakers when Luca.
Speaker 1: It is cracking out here because you got two Lebron's Luca Luca rebound. He passed the ball right obviously you know the game, the game, it was a blowout, but just to know that Luca got all the little Luca magic thing and it's cracky like he was missing some of them shots, some of them air ones, you know, missing some passes. Oh man, Once this dude lock in, you think about same thing with Steph and Jimmy. Lebron goes out the game, Now you gotta worry about Luca and Luca paced is much slower than Lebron's and so when you match their paced together, and then you include Austin Reeves, who've been playing stellar at the point guard position, right, he just he been doing whatever he wants score, get to the hole, shoot the three. And now he's starting to really find reason and make the right plays. The right assistant J. J. Reddick got him rolling. They got they they got some potency. You know, they got a three headed monster in La and they all are creative. And so you powered up in the back court. You powered up, and like your backcourt in the front court, it's really about the other guys that's on the floor front the Lakers who're gonna do the hustling, the scrapping, you know.
Speaker 3: Getting.
Speaker 1: Getting deflections, getting offensive rebound put backs. But you ain't got to worry about too much the way I'm looking at how this Laker thing gonna shake out, Because with Luca, you ain't got to ask for too much for too many people. Give me five, give me seven. I need you know, I need, I need more, I need eleven from you, like you ain't asking for much and you're gonna be wide out there.
Speaker 3: That's what more with you know, what more.
Speaker 1: Could you say about Luca? And they gave him a name out here in LA they call him Luca, Luca the Cribs Son already pocked.
Speaker 2: All right, Luca over the weekend involved in the Los Angeles Lakers, who they were trying to fill eights glaring hole that he left behind with Mark Williams the physical and they said not because of his back that's sideline of the most last season, but because of multiple other issues of concern sources it Hornets are protesting the trade being rescinded. They are the Hornets are protesting the trade being rescinded.
Speaker 3: Right, what is your reaction to this whole debacle?
Speaker 1: This is like Watergate. It's like old school Watergate. This is like when they was messing up the voting polls. Something is not right. This is tricky. Okay, I just dealt you a player knowing, damn well, he don't pass the physical, but he just played two games ago. Absolutely, so that's tricky, meaning, hey, Charlotte, you may be prone to some type of investigation on your damn oh right, depending on what Mark Williams said. Now the Lakers, how do you not pass a physical in the middle of the season when you're already playing What are the Lakers qualifications? And so the Lakers may have had cold feet and knowing that ah, he didn't pass like it could be anything. It could be anything, bro, It could be anything. It could be a spraying finger, it could be a ozgen slaughter. Remember that, Oh you got osen slaughterer. No, you don't pass the physical, So who knows what type of injury or back injury or whatever it is. But you know, we all play. I played with herniated disc my whole career, and you know it is a problem. So it's gonna be tricky to see how this all on fold. But it's definitely an unsolved mystery. And the cole part about it is the players got to go back to the teams that it's traded and now you're gonna have them to perform for you for the rest of the year. So what are you gonna do, especially if you don't connect, Like, if you don't connect, what do you how do you feel?
Speaker 3: If you don't connect?
Speaker 2: You have to be your best job, to be the best professional you can Ye, don't connect, lawyer, you have excuse me if you're a dog connects Asian.
Speaker 3: You have to have your client's best interests at heart.
Speaker 2: Come to son like I don't know how he walks back into that locker room as a shooter and be like, oh yeah, now you're gonna put me in this game. I'm about to go shoot that day, like I mean, hopefully he can, because this can, like going through something like this can really like derail this kid's career. It could do that because it could kill his confidence. Like and when you was confidence in this league, you don't get it back, and so this could really this could really derail Dalton's Connects career.
Speaker 3: It's tough.
Speaker 2: I got Mark Williams is one thing, but Dawn connect he was hooping like they just like go ahead, bro, like yeah, and apparently he was gonna be an a d trade so they kind of was just awful anyway from what it sound like though his And then now you gotta go back there.
Speaker 1: That's tough. He gotta go back. He gotta go back and keep it.
Speaker 3: That's tough.
Speaker 1: You gotta go back.
Speaker 3: And he gonna be open.
Speaker 1: He gonna be open.
Speaker 3: He definitely don't.
Speaker 1: He gonna be He gonna be wide open.
Speaker 3: That's for Luca out there.
Speaker 1: So you know, make a name for yourself, take advantage of the opportunity. If you're gonna hoop hoop, but like d say, he's not. Make sure now that you know that you are the you are a disposable piece to the Lakers, and you should be. You gotta look out for your own best sentence.
Speaker 3: Let's go around the league a little bit. We're gonna move around the association a bit.
Speaker 2: Russ is playing great in Denver Man He's fifteen and five as a starter. Two of those losses can versus elite teams without Joker. What do you think about Russ's your brewing resurgence this year? And really just what the opportunity he's been given, because the reality is he's always played this great when he's had that.
Speaker 3: I've been in that position with that opportunity. But what do you think about just the way he's bouncing back this year.
Speaker 1: One resiliency When you think of Russ, you're just thinking resiliency all the way. He will figure it out. Once he figures it out. He once he's able to play Russell Westbrook basketball within the confines of the team. He's always positive. It's always a positive outcome. And so having somebody like Joker is.
Speaker 2: The perfect match for him, right because he loves.
Speaker 1: Dishing and rewarding the big guy, and he's never had a center that place point guard that allows him to do what he's great at backdoor cuts, get on the offensive glass, right, all those little things from a point guard perspective, puts so much pressure on the defense, right because like imagine you playing Joker out on the five shot, he shooting three, He can just shoot a three just to shoot one. It is Russ down there, right. He is a bona fiing rebounder, right, and he's a force in the inside. So when you look at back door layups, pass and cutting, coming off a pick and roll, getting in the middle of the la, even if Russ is missing, you got Joker there tipping it. And so you know, uh and plant above, plant about of glass. So I think that for Russ perfect fit. Right for Denver, they found their elevated version of Bruce Brown, right, And that's what and and that's what they missed. I said that.
Speaker 2: I said, that's what they missed last year. They don't have that dog that can just go and you know, make some make some ship happen, you know, outside the Joker, outside of Jamal Murray, they don't have They don't have that idle person.
Speaker 1: They don't have that idle person and playmaker. Now you got that with Russ, and he connected with Joker man, they're gonna they're gonna be serious in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: I know that, Yeah, they are, for sure.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody going to want to see them during the playoffs with the way.
Speaker 1: With the way, the difference in the coach, right, Mike, excellent guy, great coach. But in time, usually in times like these, you see teams respawn. Yes, right, two new coaches. Just talk about being in the league and seeing that, you know, also not having that right, having that stability what that means as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now for sure, it's crazy because I always tell people like I am I've been very fortunate in my career to be here for thirteen years because I am like, I am not.
Speaker 3: One that's keen to change. Like I do not like change.
Speaker 2: I don't I keep my stuff the same, right, And so to not have to go through that throughout the course of my career where guys you got some guys that got to.
Speaker 3: Coach every other year or two, I feel like I would struggle with that.
Speaker 2: A lot, you know, even if it's team the team every other year, Like I struggle with that because I just don't adjust to change.
Speaker 3: Well, So to have like this is the thing that you do the most.
Speaker 2: This is the thing in your life that you end up having to put spend so much energy and focus on that to have to make that adjustment every year drive me crazy. And so I'm very fortunate that I haven't had to deal with that. But when you look around the league, the teams that have the consistency are usually teams that do best. And the bad organizations that switching coaches every year every other year that the usually don't work, you know, and the proof and of putting this right there in your face, and so you know, if you even look at teams around the NFL that'signed success stillers coach saying for many years, Andy Reid and Kansas City been there for many years. Bill Belichick is with the Patriots for many years. You know, when you look at the coaches that ive done well, they've been there for many of years. And so as players, we need that consistency, Like you don't want to be adjusted to a different playbook, a different set of coaches, a different philosophy every other year or two.
Speaker 3: And so I think you know, when for the guys in Sack is kind of like.
Speaker 2: The happy medium, whereas you got a different coach, but Doug has been there, and if I'm not mistaken, Doug was there even before Mike Brown got there on the coaching staff. That was there prior to Mike Brown getting there, if I'm not mistaken, And so you know, that is still a level of consistency for them. It's a consistent voice that those guys have heard for years and it's not like it's just some huge change, foreign change. That a voice that they haven't been hearing for many years. And so it makes a huge difference man having that consistency. And like I said, I speak about that from experience. I haven't had to deal with much change. I've changed coaches one time in my thirteen years. Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: And then talk about like those minor adjustments because in that change it was a couple adjustments. And now you know, people give credit to Mike Mark Jackson about the foundation lay when the coaching change over happened, that's when the Warriors took off. And you know, talk about minor tweaks, right, How that how you can fix that Rubik's Q and get all the colors working and the patterns right, you have something special and I think you know, I want you to talk about that as far as coaching, because you know, being with current winning championships, you know your loyalty, right and just having that brain trust with that do as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: So even if you look at like some of the minor changes that have happened, and we've been speaking about the king so in there, in there in their space, like I said, starting Malik Monk, getting Kean Ellis more minutes, putting more trust in here, giving him more confidence, more consistent minutes that he's getting right. Like, that's one of the big changes for them moving month into the start lineup.
Speaker 3: That's one of the big changes for them.
Speaker 2: For us when we switched coaches, we were you know, we had went to the playoffs two years in a row, and some of the tweaks that Steve brought in, like Mark Jackson did do a great job of laying the foundation. But just when Steve came in, the offensive changes that he made was everything for us. Like our defense was really really great and they had got that to an incredible place, but the offensive changes that Steve brought in, the ball movement and player movement, and you know, our offense was a lot more stagnant before Steve came in.
Speaker 3: So I think it's just.
Speaker 2: Him making those changes that changed everything because it unlocked a lot of stuff for us.
Speaker 3: It unlocked the floor for us.
Speaker 2: And so you know, you have philosophical changes like that, you know, where Steve come in with some some principles of the triangle, but not quite running the triangle, you know, And I think you know, so that was kind of our changes. And then obviously when Steve came in, I also became a starter.
Speaker 3: You know, that was a huge change.
Speaker 1: It unlocked your potential.
Speaker 2: It unlocked my potential, and it also unlocked just different things about our offense. Like I played direct in d Lee, you know what I'm saying. So it just unlocks some different things in our offense.
Speaker 3: That really allowed us to take off.
Speaker 1: Recently, Scottie Pippen says he wins six rings without Michael Jordan. This is water. You know. That's when you tell your friends, man, take a shot.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with Scotty?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Somebody got to check on Scotty. Man.
Speaker 2: I'm a I grew up watching them teams.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm a I'm a big Scotti fan. Scotty.
Speaker 2: I don't know what Scotty going through, man, But I send my love because I'm Dad, asked man, because you start making comments like Scotty been making lately, and people start to remember you for those comments and not necessarily for being Scotty clipping, and I don't like that, you know what I'm saying, Like people try to downplay who you are and what you've done because in the comments you made latey, and I just don't want to see people doing that to Scotti because Scotty is for damn sure Scotty. And that's why I say, man, like, I just want like to make sure Scotty good man because saying stuff like that like he said, him and Michael Jordan they never sat down for dinner, Like to me, it sounds like it's coming from a place of pain, you know what I'm saying that, Like MJ. He feeling like MJ kind of never maybe showing him the love that he ultimately think MJ should show, and he's like outwardly looking for that and saying things to like downplay it as opposed to just saying like like I feel like he kind of said it like man, man, Michael Jordany never had sat down, sit down and had dinner to one on one like I feel like he crying out and saying what he's really crying out for and about, and like make that happen, man, Like, like somebody get MJ and Scottie together, because if he feels like he need that.
Speaker 1: Like it ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 2: He no, Dad as though, check it, check it about he bro Chexa's gonna checks this out. I don't think it's gonna happen. I'm not saying. I'm not saying I'm Scottie Pippen. But what I am saying is, if somewhere down the line, twenty years from now, I want to have dinner with Steph Curry, I would hope that I can have dinner with Steph Kurry.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: With all that you've been through with somebody like you go through these journeys and winning championships them, ship's not easy and yeah, to go on those journeys and not even be able to sit down and have dinner, like I feel like that Scotty's outcry and.
Speaker 1: So but Michael Jordan don't need dinner. Michael Jordan do eat dinner.
Speaker 2: Man the black Cat, I hain't never heard about Michael Jordan's having dinner with nobody.
Speaker 3: And that's fine.
Speaker 2: But he also like, it's Mike and Scotti man like, and it don't matter if anybody else.
Speaker 3: I got gott need that.
Speaker 2: I know, No, he needs that, man, Scott for that.
Speaker 1: He is crying out for that. But you know, shout out to Michael Jordan's right, of course, Michael and Jordan's don't kid he fly.
Speaker 2: He ain't tripping at all. Of course you feel me, Hey, Michael Jordan is not tripping. Okay, huh, who what.
Speaker 3: Dinner?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? Are you kidding? I wonder why he didn't go to dinner with Scottie. It's all making sense now when you look at the whole picture.
Speaker 3: It's all making sense now. Though.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm here to who Michael Jordan was, Like, I am here to who.
Speaker 2: I do my job. I'm here to do my job. I'm not here to be friends with you. I'm not here to be.
Speaker 3: On this court.
Speaker 1: Oh man, we family. I love y'all. Until Michael Jordan's defense, every time he speaks in an interview, he always say Scotti. Michael Jordan will never say, Michael Jordan, what I say, Scottie pippun. Michael Jordan's always says Scottie bro Scott always say Okay, I get it. He should Michael Jordan, if you hear me, if you can hear me, now, please bro go sit down with your dumb You know what I mean, y'all, chop it up. We need to see a Michael Jordan. Maybe we can do a Michael Jordan Scottie Pippen interview, right, because.
Speaker 3: Right here on Draymond Green the Bad Day, right.
Speaker 2: Come on, Michael, come on, Michael Jordan. I look, I got my.
Speaker 1: Ball head just like my I know, hey, I know how Mike feel because when I cut my hair off. No, I don't want to have been. These are ballhead thogs.
Speaker 3: These are Mike Dude, black.
Speaker 1: Cat Mike Scotty Scottie Pippen is. He's a legend man. But we we gotta do a better I say this, We gotta do a better job of talking about how great Scottie Pippen.
Speaker 3: Was, for sure, but he ain't gonna get it doing this dumb ship.
Speaker 1: No, he got it. Chill. Let us do the talking, Scott, let us do the compare Scotty Pipping and different people and.
Speaker 3: Lebron jam Man.
Speaker 2: That Lebron James Chase his ring I got like, Bro, you're not gonna say you better, Lebron, Come on, Scotty like you.
Speaker 3: That's not the way to get this is what I say. You're better.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. This is what I do say. Lebron is more of a combination of Magic Johnson and Scottie Pipping than he is compared to Michael Jordan.
Speaker 3: And that's fine.
Speaker 2: But he's a combination of Scotty and Magic, which means he Scotty stopped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Scotty's stop.
Speaker 1: That's how.
Speaker 2: Scotty got six rings man for sure. Nobody taking out away pot he can pop that. No, you can, but like some ship at a certain point, like for instance. All right, so so pretty much what you're saying is this, You're pretty much saying I canna walk around.
Speaker 3: I'm just like you.
Speaker 1: Don't do don't do like I got exactly, don't do it exactly. Don't do that better than now take that, mom, dude, that's not even I'm better than kaw Noo. What you're saying, that's you and Kawhi don't even play the same position.
Speaker 2: I agree, but like it's not that's like like no close stop is.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is yes, youripp I'm saying Scottie Pippen is a three. Lebron is a mode of Scottie Pipping and Me's magic.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Lebron is a mode Lebron right, He's the one on one for sure. But when you look at Lebron's game, Magic, Johnson, Scottie Pipping right, and all of them that make Lebron Lebron right. And so Scottie Pippen is looking at it like, man, I'm a three here, three, you know. And Scottie Pippen puts himself as he should in the upper echelon of three.
Speaker 2: Bron ain't never really even been in three. He really like a point guard. He came in as a point guard. But even if you want to say Bron's the three great, say a three, say a four, I really don't give a damn Brin and Scottie Pippen.
Speaker 3: Is not in the same category.
Speaker 2: They are not the category.
Speaker 1: And I said, I said, Scottie Pippen, he as a three, has won six championship. He's standing on his six championships and he's standing on I killed in the finals. Defensive Player of the Year All Stars he's standing on all that. I think, you know, when he compare himself to Broun, that's just having confidence in himself.
Speaker 2: Bron has had Scottish career, Scotty's career minus the rings twice.
Speaker 1: For sure, Like.
Speaker 2: Minus the sixth rings. He's had Scotty's career twice.
Speaker 1: Scotty messed up.
Speaker 3: If not three times, He's he's.
Speaker 1: Had Scott Scott, Scotty messed up with this. Come on, Scotty, you feel I'm on Scott decided by the way. I got nothing but love for Scotty.
Speaker 2: But come on, Scotty, you're not winning those six rings without and that's if.
Speaker 3: That's the case, then j left. You would have kept winning the rings.
Speaker 1: Scotty, like you would have went back in the game.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Like, come on, Scotty.
Speaker 1: You would have went back in again, and to justify.
Speaker 3: I can't believe you just tried to testify.
Speaker 1: I didn't try to justify nothing.
Speaker 3: I was speaking from his point of view.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm fishing you off today.
Speaker 3: Very accurate magic, Scottie Pippen.
Speaker 1: Right. That is, when you look at Lebron's game, he embodies both of those players. A roll very very not like m J. No, not even close. Yeah, they're not saying not even close to totally Toby m J. Lebron Magic and Scottie Pippen as I don't.
Speaker 3: Stop that magic again. I'm a Scottie Pippen fan.
Speaker 2: Scottie Pippen does not belong in the category with Magic Johnson and Lebron James. I'm sorry, Scotty is is the legend. I'm sorry, Scotty is just going that got.
Speaker 3: That category, Bro, Scottie pipp going category with Lebron jameson.
Speaker 1: I'm not putting them in the category. Come on though, just like greatness Magic Johnson, the greatness of Scottie Pippen, mixed that all together, you get Lebron James.
Speaker 3: I don't know that's that's that's too simple.
Speaker 2: And I'm not saying like like that was, but I'm saying like that ain't gonna get it done.
Speaker 1: Everything think about it, Bro, and then and then it's it's somebody, and then it's and then it's Lebron is right, it's his it's his approach and his swag. And if you think about magic and you think about how Pippin play right like that is the cornerstone of the greatness of Lebron James. What I'm saying, I'm moving equally as great right, like Scottie Pippen's greatness defense all the things he did. Then you got magic with the ooh and just the magic. Then you add what Lebron got with the hops, the athleticism and strength. That's like Bro. He the perfect combination of them two in Karl alone.
Speaker 2: That's I'll tell you what. So I had to just move my mind past category and what I had to allow my mind to do was combine the two players and combine in those two players.
Speaker 3: It's like, that's insane.
Speaker 1: That's insane. That's what Lebron James. That's what I'm so.
Speaker 2: I can follow you a little bit. Then you add Karl Malone and they're like I said, a lot, all right, I rest.
Speaker 1: He built like Karl Malone. Lebron James is built like Carl Malone. He the same He the same size as Carl.
Speaker 2: Alone, which is crazy. That's crappy, no sense, man, that's just crazy. I had to guard him. I have to guarden Lebron. Yeah, he like Garden, car Malone and Magic Johnson all in the same one to be for Broun to be the same size as Karl Malone, for those of y'all that's never seen Carl Malone, the person, that man.
Speaker 3: Man, that's the problem.
Speaker 2: God and bron him and Broun actually is the same size, which makes nose.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, bro, I'm telling you. The volume