Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: And now we got DJ Head on the line.
Speaker 3: Come on, had say, West Coast, West Coast, let me tell you about DJ Head. Me and me and had was together on Saturday night. We was at dinner. I'm fishing trying to see what's going on with this Kendrick show. Now once did he tell me he was opening up the Kendricks show? Now, once did he say I will be on that stage? I got a whole set. He ain't say nothing. Boy and West Coast guys stick together and they're sneaky.
Speaker 1: They sneaky.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, you know, according to certain people, you you the leak over there with with the other sides.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne, Yeah, we know you joking, you know Charlamage don't goddamn it. He hate light skinned people. So had break down the show last night. I know you were there. We heard the energy we seated online break down the show and everything how everything came together if you can, hey.
Speaker 4: Man, listen. I got the call on the bat line and they was like pull up and top secret. So that is true. I did go to dinner with charlottm Magne. We did have a break two day conversation and I didn't mention none of this because I couldn't. It wasn't my place too, But it was a beautiful show. You know, a couple of people that they were questioning as far as where these people are. These people are on the road. But that's whole point for doing this is to unify everybody and get everybody together from the southern California perspective and all the way up to the top that's coming. But right now you've seen what you saw, Now.
Speaker 1: What does that mean for la head? Like, like, what did that mean last night?
Speaker 3: That picture that all of y'all took at the end, what's the significance of that?
Speaker 4: Well, the thing is, our politics is a lot different than anywhere else in the country. So when you see certain things like that, that's not normal. When you see certain clicks, crew sections, certain people, a collection of people, especially people that were on my set. You know a lot of people from different sections that don't necessarily collaborate with other sections. So for us to be able to do that, shout out to all of the homies and the homegirls. But you know, for holding it down when we're having rehearsals, I just kind of huddled everybody up and was like, look, bro, I know where y'all from. I know where you're from. But the next ten, the next week, we're doing this like we all in the same game. And so everybody got on the cord and it was beautiful.
Speaker 2: Bro, Well, hold on, let's let's talk to some let's talk to DJ Had some more when we come back. Eight hundred and five eight five one on five to one. Djhad, of course, he was one of Kendrick Lamore's friends performing on that stage last night. He opened it up.
Speaker 1: We had had his own set, had set a different artist.
Speaker 2: Now now I got an ass head was performing not like us six times part of it? Or was it just a feeling because it just felt like it was just such an amazing feeling, like he just had to do it over and over and over again.
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 4: Now Here's the thing. I knew about my set. I only knew about a couple of things on his set, but a lot of stuff we didn't know, Like it was kind of compartmentalized. I had a lot to worry about from my set. It was a lot to wrangle everybody, and you know, be a contributor, So I didn't really pay attention to what he was doing for his rehearsals and his sets and stuff like that. So it was a surprise to me, and I think it was off pure energy.
Speaker 3: Honestly, man, you had me googling a bunch of artists last night ahead I told you this. I was googling people because there was a lot of these people that you brought out I had never heard of.
Speaker 1: But they had some slaps.
Speaker 4: Hey, slappers, blaffers, and blammers. That's all We're doing, joints and jams for the rest of twenty twenty four. That's what you're gonna get from the West. Slappers, flappers, blamers, joints and jams. Envy, I need that in the People's Choice Mixed.
Speaker 1: I like Gray Bond and I like all them dudes. That was flamed up. Dude, what's that? What's they called.
Speaker 4: You talking about? The homie jay Worthy and the wolves?
Speaker 1: They called me wos Yes, sir.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah they are. You know, you had his old so I'm gonna do his thing, kleb for real, for real, cheap rio. It was a bunch of people on there that I'm sure, like a lot of people wasn't familiar with and they were just learning in real time like you.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask, you know, with all those different artists from so many different hoods and so many different sets, how do you keep the peace like that? Because you know, you know how it is. Last night, it's all peaceful, and then tomorrow we go back to the block and things never change. So how do we make sure that it remains like that?
Speaker 4: Well, I think you have to leave by example. You know, Charlotte Maine always tell me the best apology has changed behavior. So I think the best way we can do that for ourselves has changed the behavior that we've seen in the past, where we return to those to return to that negative energy. And so I think from now till for the foreseeable future, you're going to see a lot more collaborations. Even after the cameras went off, you know, the Homies was in the parking lot, like, yo, man, maybe we can do a feature, Maybe we can do this. Oh yeah, we never thought about collaborating before because this person is from the other side of the track. So it was just a beautiful thing to see.
Speaker 3: Well, hey man, I told you, man, the West deserved it, you know, y'all, y'all deserved that moment and I'm glad that y'all.
Speaker 1: Put on for the city the way that y'all did yesterday.
Speaker 3: And I was I was even saying this weekend when I was out there, it felt like that wasn't a concert for outsiders, Like it felt like.
Speaker 1: We were supposed to watch it at home on Amazon.
Speaker 3: It felt so la, so West Coast, so Inglewood, so comptent, so watched like that moment was for y'all.
Speaker 1: And I'm glad the world got to see that.
Speaker 4: Man, absolutely what man, I am too. I appreciate y'all supporting us. You know what I'm saying, West Coast?
Speaker 2: Now, had I got to ask one last question. Now we're seeing everything that went down like we've seen it with Nas and j. We've seen it with fifty in Fat Joe, We've seen it with Beanie Siegel and Jady Kiss back in the day. We seen it with t I and a bunch of other people. Do you think that Drake No, and I'm not asking you no. Do you think Drake and Kendrick could ever be gold and cordial? Again?
Speaker 1: Do you think you don't want that? I'm not talking you. You hate light skin people. I'm asking light skinned people want that? Only the brigade wants that you don't want to ask it.
Speaker 2: I'm just asking you ever think that they could happen, that they could be cool again, that.
Speaker 1: We don't want to be around you beage niggas. No, you.
Speaker 4: Let me. Okay, I'm gonna answer that question. Answer that question, what as you want? Is it possible for a country ass Negro from Month's Corner, South Carolina, with a list to talk for a living and being a radio hall of fame.
Speaker 1: It's possible.
Speaker 2: It's a slim chance, but it was possible.
Speaker 4: That's my answer.
Speaker 1: So it's possible. I hope not. I don't want to see that.
Speaker 3: That was one of the things that I was worried about last night, that Kendrick might have went to go see his therapist. Kendrick might have went to go see his spiritual adviser, and he might have came out there and chose peace. When he started with euphoria, I was like, oh, yeah, dot this yeah, yes.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, I mean, this is this is him just you know, staking his claim. I heard you say earlier, you know, undisputed, you know, taking this crown. I told him that, you know, before the show, we was talking and I was like, bro, don't run away from it, lean into it.
Speaker 1: On it.
Speaker 4: This is your ship. And he's like, yeah, I'm on it all right.
Speaker 3: Well, the one thing I heard you say it earlier, but you said Snoop was on tour. That's why he wasn't there. You didn't say it nowhere.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know where Snoop is, but I know like when I asked, like where certain people where, there's like, oh, certain people's on the road. It wasn't. It wasn't down who told me. It was just other people who was working. I was like, Yo, we're on so like, oh, they on the road or you know, they couldn't make it or whatever the case may be. I don't know what everybody got going on.
Speaker 2: All right, Thank you DJ head, Peace, my brother peace, wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 1: Breakfast Club