Speaker 1: What's up where you at?
Speaker 2: I'm in Kansas City right now? Yeah, okay, okay, yeah, what's up? What's going on?
Speaker 3: We got a time to welcome my very special guests. He's a cornerback at the University of Tennessee, a twenty twenty five second team All SEC pick projected first round pick Colton Hood Coton.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, I'm living so joining us.
Speaker 2: What's going on.
Speaker 3: From Alabata, from Auburn to Colorado to Tennessee. What did you learn that each stop along the way that prepared you for this moment?
Speaker 4: I would say, just, you know, just how to be where your feet are, you know what I'm saying. Each East spot was you know, different in their own ways, but just learning to be where my feet are and just you know, be able to jail with new people at each spot, you know, definitely taught me that. And you know, I feel like I can take that, you know, into an NFL locker room, you know, being able to go in there be myself, you know what I'm saying, and be able to jail with my teammates.
Speaker 5: So hey, speaking of NFL locker room, what has the process been like? Obviously, the schools have been at and then learning from different coaches, learning from different players, getting insight watching NFL players that you you might mold your game after.
Speaker 1: What has the process been like so far?
Speaker 4: I would say it's been like a dream come true. You know, like as a little kid, you dream of, you know, being in this position. So it's been a dream come true being able to, you know, go to the different different teams and see all see all the different places. So it's been a dream come true.
Speaker 2: And you know, I'm definitely excited for draft night for sure.
Speaker 6: Hood, what's going on, Man, tell me a little something about your game, Tell me about yourself or who you model your game after. Guys you enjoy watching, you know as you was growing up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you know, my uncle played in the league. His name Rod Hood. He played nine seasons and we got done. He was a passion Peterson's personal training, So you know I got to grow up grow up watching him a lot around him, even seeing like a lot of his you know, all twenty two stuff. So Patri Peterson's a really big one someone I looked up to trying to model my game after. You know, his patients at press, you know his ball tracking ability, return ability as well. You know what I'm saying, So definitely that.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what's up.
Speaker 1: When its starting, I'm going to just ask.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm a huge fan of DV play, even though obviously I play receiver. But if you had to talk about your best asset, your best attribute, your best strength when it comes to playing defensive back, what would it be?
Speaker 1: Man and man off ball skills? Technique?
Speaker 2: I mean, I would definitely say like my technique.
Speaker 4: And when I'm playing man and man, you know a lot you see a lot of guys backing up when they're pressing, you know, a lot of the receiver to dictate to them. I'm kind of like the opposite now, I want to dictate to what to the receiver. You know what I'm saying, may come do what I want him to do, you know what I'm saying, that type of thing. So I say, definitely my press man ability would definitely be seeing my.
Speaker 2: Biggest strength the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember seeing you up.
Speaker 4: I remember seeing you up at Colorado a couple a couple of times. You know what I'm saying, And we gotta line it up, bro.
Speaker 1: I'll be seeing you talking that.
Speaker 2: Up. That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, see hood let me let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, hey, I think Monica who soon got that song?
Speaker 5: Ag ain't nothing but the number Aliah, Aliah, okay Aliah. But listen to see let me tell you something real quick, right before you get drafted. If you want to get some work in my feet?
Speaker 2: Did age? I did?
Speaker 1: So if you want some of this work, we.
Speaker 2: Can go line it up. You want, hey, play that song? Welcome? Yeah, yeah you are.
Speaker 3: You leave then CEC, you go to Colorado and then you return to the you return to tennessee, back to the SEC. In your time with Colorado and Coach Prime, what would I because that's what Coach Prime was the best d beat to ever play the game. And so I'm sure that you you took something. What did Coach Prime teach you about how to play this position? Obviously, like look, the thing that you can't do with the corner and we see a lot of corners note you and I was talking about this.
Speaker 2: Is that they panic.
Speaker 3: That's the thing, and you get a pass in the face with all you have to do is you turn around. But they panic because they feel their beat and they don't trust their instincts, they don't trust their technique. So what was some of the things some of the nuggets that Coach Prime.
Speaker 4: I think, honestly the biggest thing I learned from Coach Prime was just like how important watching film could be for you, you know what I'm saying. Like I think he would harp on you know, film, watch you know what I'm saying, And I would watch film before, but like the intent that he taught it to us and how to watch it, you know what I'm saying. I think could definitely take somebody's game from being good to being great, you know what I'm saying. And I think that was the best at the biggest thing I would say that I learned.
Speaker 1: From him for shure.
Speaker 2: Athletic.
Speaker 3: I mean, you tell you tested off the chart. How did you think that changed? Uh, the perception of you coming out because of what you were able to do it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think, you know, I think a lot of people were I guess doubted you know, my speed, my you know athleticism and things like that. But you know, I was always taught like if you're a dB and you running full speed, and that's how ten you beat, you know, what I'm saying, So I guess kind of that's kind.
Speaker 1: Of why hey say that again.
Speaker 4: You a d B and you know you running full speed at some point, then you not how ten you beat.
Speaker 3: Like that?
Speaker 4: So you know, like I guess on tape, people don't really see me running full speed a lot.
Speaker 2: I'm not beat a lot of this time.
Speaker 4: So you know, I got to go out there and show that at my prote and my undercommind So I think that was the biggest thing.
Speaker 3: Because when you look at your speed in your four to four, which is plenty fast enough, the forty and a half inch vertical and the ten and a half long jump, so lets me know that you're spoke.
Speaker 2: You dropped.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I did a little bit in high school, but baseball is my main, my main second sport.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Oh so you you are. Yeah, yeah, that was my favorite.
Speaker 1: But that was my favorite player growing up.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah I was left handed too. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey see you played four you played four sports.
Speaker 4: And high Yeah, I played football, baseball, basketball, track.
Speaker 2: I just did the four by one.
Speaker 4: I only did it my senior year though, because because you know this day that yeah, they are the same time in baseball season track at the same time. But then like so like we got knocked out of the playoffs early in baseball my senior year, and so the track coach was like, somebody got hurt and they needed me to come run, and so, shoot, I just ran the last leg on the four by one?
Speaker 2: What what was y'all? What was y'all four about? One time?
Speaker 4: I can't remember the exact time, but we got a runner up in state, so we did pretty good. Where you're from from Georgia, I went to Eagles Landing Christian the Pate School.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Man, Georgia is a melting I'm talking about. Man. They got so fun talent.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, I'll be trying to tell for us. Man, Georgia boys Shoot were different.
Speaker 2: Yeah you hear that on different were different.
Speaker 4: I know we're gonna see what we bro I mean you, but this this is a thing. Though you don't got my number, you don't got me on Instagram. You feel me, so I feel like you're just talking. You know what I'm saying. You got to go ahead Instagram. We can lace it up about this.
Speaker 1: Hey, we have we have your information.
Speaker 4: That's how Okay, so you know what I'm saying, though, Let's get it, let's get it lined up.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying when I don't even you.
Speaker 1: In Kansas City, when you back in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be back home, be back home. What Wednesday, I'll be back home Wednesday. Okay, Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact, i don't even have nothing to do this week. I'm already in shades I play.
Speaker 3: So if you need me to come to come to Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Got a camera, got I got a cameraman.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, because you're.
Speaker 2: Not me that just put I'm putting a man on his change. I don't want to do to put a man in the change talking about.
Speaker 1: Changed.
Speaker 5: Hey, listen, hey, brotherhood on all eighty five of my kids, ain't nobody ever touched me off the line of scrim is. I live for that when we talk about listen, I ain't take no lie. I got my uniform at the drag cleans every Sunday with a crease.
Speaker 1: In it for a reason.
Speaker 4: Hey man, I ain't gonna do too much more talk. I told you what it is, what it Then we just gotta lace it up.
Speaker 1: Hold on, you start you start to talk you're talking to a real crash talker.
Speaker 3: But physicality you mentioned like you like the press. Physicality is is kind of what you're known for. And I think the thing is that Look, a lot of people don't want to be physical anymore because they're afraid of the initial surge of the wide receiver.
Speaker 2: These guys are really good. They got I mean, you look at it.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to be dealing with Chase and Pooking the Core and Jsaing and Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 2: These guys are really really good.
Speaker 3: But if you are what you believe you are, you can't let the name how you play. A lot of times guys dictate that. Let the name dictate the type of covert man man. No no, no, no, no, you got Regardless of who you go up against, you gotta believe, like I ain't gonna lie. You're gonna have to show me you better than me. You know what I'm saying. You feel me if I'm going out there, I'm not you feel me. I'm not thinking nobody. I think I'm the best thing out there. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to show me. Like my first every start was against Taro McMillan.
Speaker 4: He had to show me and he ain't showed me.
Speaker 2: So mmm, I like that. I like it. Through this whole process, what's been your biggest.
Speaker 4: Motive, I would definitely say like my family, My parents, they sacrifice a lot for me, you know, just going up, just waking me up early morning, taking me to the hills.
Speaker 2: My dad would do that all the time.
Speaker 4: My mom, she she worked hard, she worked well, she's a doctor, so she'd be up. I'll be seeing her up like three am doing charts and stuff like that. So definitely them, Like I want to, you know, make life easier for them. You know, I think about them all the time. And then I would say my siblings too. I got seven siblings. I got older brothers, three older brothers, and then five younger siblings, two younger sisters, three two younger sisters. I'm in four younger some younger siblings. I have two younger sisters, two younger brothers. So just them for real, like setting an example for my younger siblings. And then you know, my oldest brother, he told us he tore the cl four times, so he didn't really get to live his dream. So I definitely want to you know, go out there and you know, be able to allow him to live his dream vicariously through me for sure.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Man, that's that's that's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Man. Check this out.
Speaker 3: You say your brother towards a cl four times. Did they find out what the imbalance was? Because there have to be an imbalance for you.
Speaker 2: To tell you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it was whether the mechanics was it's hips, was the hips on the line, his need the us quads two dominant hamstrings too weak to ham strings too dominant quads two week? Did they find out what was wrong? What was calling me?
Speaker 2: I don't really know exactly.
Speaker 4: I know that, like I know that after the first time he did his surgery and he tried to come back too fast and that caused the second time, and then like once you get it like twice and it's just like, you know what I'm saying, Everything is kind of out of whack, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So did they how did did they use a cadapha or did they partially take the tele.
Speaker 2: I don't know none of that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know he he seenhood.
Speaker 6: Checked this out. I already you talk about your family, your pomps.
Speaker 2: I read that.
Speaker 6: Uh you know he made you write down your goals at a young age. How how were you when you started doing I.
Speaker 4: Was like I was like eight years old. I think I was like eight years old. Me and my He made me and my brother like make a vision or with like five years, five year, playing ten you're playing fifteen year planning twenty years?
Speaker 2: And so how often? How often? How often did you look at it?
Speaker 4: It was in my bedroom, in my walls, so it was like every day I see it. It was in like on the walls, like a big poster board. So it was like you know, like those portal boards people taking from like school, like a big poster each part of the section. Hag Like my five year plan was here, ten year, fifteen year, twenty years. And every day I woke up, I'll see it.
Speaker 2: So and that's dope, bro, that's updated.
Speaker 1: I got I'm the idea. I'm going to steal an idea for my younger kids.
Speaker 5: I like that that they're five, ten year, fifteen years.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: Can you decided, like when you get that first when you get that first big check, what you what do you want to buy?
Speaker 2: What do you want to do. Shoot, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty modest, I would say, like, I'm not really a big I guess spender. I do kind of want a new car, know so if anything, I'll probably get into the car.
Speaker 2: What you get, what you get? What I don't?
Speaker 4: I don't even I don't even know yet, to be honest, like I'm kind of all over. I don't know if I want to Benz, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I want to be honest.
Speaker 6: I'm saying you you had a need for speed.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not really I like to be smooth.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 3: Cool, it is chilling, Yeah, when you was growing up, when you was growing up, Like, man, if I ever get some money, what was the first car that you say, Man, if I ever get some money.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not gonna be able to get the car that I said, like off my first contract.
Speaker 2: But the car the first contract, Halloween, I know.
Speaker 4: Be able to get that off the first contract.
Speaker 5: I gotta gotti. I think I gotta gotti at least one for a year. I think I was in year seven. I think maybe year seven or eight. If I'm not mistaken at least at least one six months. Did it for six months, and I think I got fine.
Speaker 1: I tweeted on the sideline in the middle of the game, I got hit.
Speaker 5: I came to the sideline and I tweeted that it's okay, guys, I'm okay. And the NFL find me like thirty grand for that. And that was one of my demons. And at that point when the season ended, I said that. I said that back because hey, we want to talk about an experience and doing some one time, just to be able to say I did it. Yeah, not getting caught up in the lifestyle and the image of.
Speaker 2: Having to keep it. Thank God, Charance Greaty for sure. Wow.
Speaker 3: Man, well congratulations tell your family, I said, hello, congratulations on all your success.
Speaker 2: Remember now you get into the NFL.
Speaker 3: That's not the end the yeah, yeah, yeah man, So congratulations one Georgia boys.
Speaker 2: Hey, keep doing what you do. Keep making it.
Speaker 4: Hit my phone, hit my phone, I got you, I got you, Hey.
Speaker 1: You know the saying I get open in the.
Speaker 2: Phone, what you Hey?
Speaker 3: Make sure you played this song Welcome to One of the main remaining unanswered questions for the NFL this offseason is whether Aaron Rodgers will be back with the Steelers this fall. The Steelers have indicated that they expected answer before the draft gets underwell April twenty third, and it doesn't sound like he shared any hints with one of the team's top offensive players. Jayleen Warren said he's not making any bands about whether Rodgers will play or retire at this point. You know, I'm not really expecting anything. Whatever happens happens. I'm rocking with whoever that quarterback at the quarterback position. But if he comes back, great, If he doesn't, then we'll miss it.
Speaker 1: Hey, I know Aaron Rodgers is loving this. Any quarterback is loving this.
Speaker 5: We got we can have a team by the balls being for it forty two Wait hold is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Forty yeah, forty two ye.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know you know. And this this lets people know, those in the chat that are watching, those that are fans of the NFL game on how important the quarterback position is because they understand how valuable Aaron Rodders is, even though he's not the same Aaron.
Speaker 2: Rodgers of old.
Speaker 1: Yes, the other options that you do have aren't the answer.
Speaker 2: They don't have no options.
Speaker 1: I mean that too. Well, will how will Howard is that.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure Will Howard is is the answer for the foreseever the future. But I mean, Aaron Rodgers is Aaron Rodgers. Even though he's not the same one, he still gives you your best chance to win.
Speaker 1: I mean, he just does.
Speaker 5: That's why he can pull the Shenanigans that he does. And you know what, I'll let y'all know what. I'm ready to come back. Know I'm good, and well you know you're coming back. Why even why even play this game?
Speaker 3: But even if he's not, let them have an opportunity to go get somebody in free agency.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody to get.
Speaker 3: There was somebody. Maybe maybe they want to make it. Maybe they make a trade for somebody.
Speaker 5: Oh yo, no, because they're making a trade for somebody. They're making a trade for somebody. That what about Kirk Cousins. Kirk Cousins was available, Where did Kirk go? Kirk signed somewhere to Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right, that's right. Right, he gonna mentor Mendoza.
Speaker 3: Maybe a he could have meant, he could have mentored Will Howard.
Speaker 5: Listen, I don't know why Aaron Rodgers playing these games, but it is what it is. He did it last year, He's doing it again this year. He'll probably do it again next year as well. If the Seal is gonna find you know, his successor, he's gonna keep doing it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The one team that he didn't do it with Green Bay the Jets. The Jets and not we good.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, AG wasn't playing that.
Speaker 3: No, they've seen this for far too long Green Bay. Green Bay said, nah, but it he should have known. He saw it play out with Roger I mean with Brett Farr. Right, they got tired of playing Brett Farr's game. You thought, because you want he was a three time league MVP, won a Super Bowl. You thought they were gonna get tired of Yo Shenanigans. Oh yeah, they drafted you to replace him. Why do you think they draw drafted George Love? This it will have been for the next ten years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right, but but listen, this is this is the hard part. This is the hard part for the Steelers. When Ben Roethlisberger was there, they didn't draft for George Love.
Speaker 2: They didn't draft one.
Speaker 5: Even as close because they didn't want to piss Ben off. Not quarterback purgatory look at somebody else. We have to rely on the forty two year old, forty three year old quarterback to let you know when he wants to come back, and let you know if he's going to come.
Speaker 3: Back, and if he does come back, what you got him for another year. And all you did is kicked. All you did was kick the can down the road, and you haven't addressed the issue, which is finding.
Speaker 2: Your long term quarterback for the future.
Speaker 3: Yep, all you did was the delay it. It's like, hey, hey man, look here this tie. Well, we can patch it. They don't even patch tires anymore, but hey, they put a little donut on it.
Speaker 2: He did a little donut. The donut tied the little donut tie.
Speaker 3: They say, driving a slow rated speed and you probably got fifty to sixty miles of distance in it. And then you see people driving around two three weeks on that tie. And then it was and when it put him do outside the road, well, I don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: Well, what happened was this was a temporary fix. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No matter how great Aaron Rodgers was, and he was great, he was historically great, he is a temporary fix for the Pittsburgh Steelers, and if somebody sees him as anything other than that, they're sayingly mistaken if the Steelers. But I don't know why, and because I don't know why, teams are so afraid you got there. I mean, especially when the quarterback get to like year fifteen, oh show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on now, man, we got to have we got this.
Speaker 3: You got to have start having serious discussions right about the future.
Speaker 1: There's really nothing to talk about. There's no discussion to be had.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about I'm talking about after an organization. We ain't discussing it with you. Right the hell? What decision your grandparents made that involves you? This is what Hey, here's the list of what we think about buy what you're in on this, or here's what we think about putting in the house.
Speaker 2: Roll ups. Don't make no my grandfaend you always say, boy, don't brash you what a child? You tell the child what to do.
Speaker 3: So at a situation like that, I'm not informing Aaron Rodgers that.
Speaker 2: Look, I would say, look.
Speaker 3: Now, we'll say this so we don't get them all blind side, because you know, the most sensitive, the most sensitive players on.
Speaker 1: The football field, a quarterbacks always.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're agreement. We're looking to draft a quarterback. How high is the determined whether or not somebody falls. But I said, within the first three rounds, we're gonna take a quarterback. Boom, that's it.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: You're gonna piss him off, That's.
Speaker 3: All right, he'd be okay, he still want to cast them checks. Because guess what, you don't imagine if green if if Green Bay didn't have a Jordan Love, how pissed thought they would be. Look at the teams that that waited, Look at look at what Miami did because they didn't have a secession plan with Danny and they didn't have a secession plan.
Speaker 1: Uh uh.
Speaker 3: And so everybody doesn't have a green Bay situation where you go Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Jordan.
Speaker 1: Love, that's that's luck.
Speaker 3: But that's because choice. They didn't have a choice. Oh, Joe, Brett kept jocking them around. Aaron Rodgers, Well, I'm thinking about retiring. I don't no, you know, I just want to be in a quiet dark room and I just don't know. So I and so the team didn't have a choice.
Speaker 1: They got tired of that.
Speaker 5: Yes, and that's the only position depending on who you are, you could play them damn games like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah you ain't. You ain't playing that game. And no other position they get you, they getting you up out of there. I don't care how great you are other than that guy. Yeah, that position not not he said, guy, that guy, because first of all, you're going to be that guy to play those type of games. No, average guy ain't playing those type of games. No, but to be that guy you and you know you have the leeway you are. You're an m v P or you want m vps, or you're that level of quarterback. You get a lot of leeway, a lot of leeway that other players and the other positions don't get.
Speaker 2: No, but you I understood that. Who I know that.
Speaker 1: I didn't take advantage of it.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't take advantage of it.
Speaker 3: Quarterbacks have a pre religion and the star players have a privileges, and I'm like you, I didn't take advantage of it. That's the whole part of being a leader is not taking advantage of the privilege that you've been given.
Speaker 5: Mm mm hmmm, Old Aaron, Well you know you coming back, man? Because if he decides not to come back, Oh my goodness, boy, they gonna, they gonna, They're gonna be in a heap.
Speaker 1: Of trouble over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're gonna be in a heap of trouble. But it's all on fault because when they could have, when they could have did something about this, they saw Ben wasn't the same guy. He had taken too much punishment and he was starting to slow down. You saw it right before your eyes. But not to tick him off. Okay, he's still happy when they ain't really replace me. Not look at you, dang penning all your hopes on a forty two year old that probably by this is his last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or you might try to keep hitting.
Speaker 5: You might try to keep hitting them one for one because you got to think about.
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm moving on. I'm moving on after this year. I've got to find me a long term fix.
Speaker 2: Ojo.
Speaker 1: There's no where's the long term fix?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 3: If I got to go into the draft and draft one.
Speaker 1: Man, I got me, I feel.
Speaker 2: I feel so what just keep going?
Speaker 3: So just keep going these one year deals with Aaron Rodgers and not getting the future and then when he when he decides to retire, what about where am I?
Speaker 5: Hey, you're finding that successor now you go into the draft, you can't.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it ain't. Ain't nothing franchise quarterback. Have we seen anything like that?
Speaker 3: Look, just because you don't think a guy right now looks like that, Oh Joe, I got.
Speaker 2: To try, right.
Speaker 1: You seen Aaron Rodgers at Cow Yes, he looks like that.
Speaker 2: You seen.
Speaker 1: Texas, but he looked like that.
Speaker 2: Let me ask your question.
Speaker 3: If they brought Aaron Rodgers in right away immediately and played him, how you think he's looking.
Speaker 1: Nah, it's a good thing.
Speaker 3: He sat behind Brett exactly, and my homeboy, my homeboy was sometimes it's great to come in and get a bird's eye view and see how people do think, how that position is played, how you're supposed to play the position, and whodo. Maybe Aaron Rodgers is still that guy, But I think he benefited from having an opportunity to sit behind bred Fair.
Speaker 2: For three years and learn.
Speaker 3: I think mahon boy had an opportunity to sit behind Alex Smith for a year and learned. Some guys, Hey, they get to see it. Carson got to see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they're making too much money now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the rookies are making too much money, especially if you draft from high. Anything picked one through five is not sitting We pay you what thirty high, you're probably forty dollars guaranteed. They throwing your ass out there to the sharks. You better figure it out because I'm paying your money. Not sit down and sit behind the veteran quarterback. Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, you're right, and it's ruining them because you saw they did.
Speaker 2: Anthony Richardson ooh, yeah, he was a top five pick.
Speaker 3: You said he was a project, and instead of developing in that project, that project up with a strong foundation, you threw him out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no patience.
Speaker 5: Huh. They're going instant gratification. These owners and gyms want instant gratification and instant success right away, especially if we pick you high. You the person supposed to change our franchise. That's why when it got you, you are answer. You are future. You are ten year future. We don't have to worry about any position. We're supposed to build around you. That's basically what it means.
Speaker 3: It does. But have you set me up for success? What do you look like from an offensive line standpoint? What if my receivers look like, from a receiver standpoint, what is the system or the coaches? Have you set me up success with the structure in which I'm gonna be in most of the time. Nor No, they just think guys are supposed to come in. Everybody everybody in Age Reid, everybody doesn't. Everybody doesn't because in order to do things, some things you have to have solid footing. Kyle Shannon has how many quarterbacks you think could have made that? And you give up all those draft picks for the number three pick in the draft and he gone after a year? Tree Lance, Yeah, see, you got to have strong footing in order to do that. I mean you think about it. You take out you got Alex Smith, when's the playoff game? And you're like, you know what, uh yeah, yeah, yeah, we take it a quarter me Alice Smith's playing well.
Speaker 2: But and it just felt this office.
Speaker 3: Could be so much more dynamic if I have a stronger arm quarterback. And those are the decisions that you have to make. See, it's not that it's a lot of times, it is those decisions that really defined.
Speaker 2: GM head coaches and things like that.
Speaker 3: It's the tough decisions you winning on Joe, You're like man, hey, we win.
Speaker 2: We winning tenlevemn games a year.
Speaker 3: But there's something that's deep inside of you said we could be so much more, though, and seven seven AFC Championship games later, five Super Bowl appearances later, three wins later. It's hard to argue. It's hard to argue. And so we'll see what they do. But I think they have to. I think the still is going to have to get a quarterback.
Speaker 2: Now. Maybe you're right.
Speaker 3: Maybe they believe in Will Howard, but they believe in Cody Pickett, and they believed in Mason Rudolph.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: With AJ Brown future uncertain, the Philadelphia Eagles had added to the receiving core head of the twenty twenty six draft, Oh Joe. The Eagles are sitting Green Bay Packers a twenty twenty six fifth round pick and a twenty twenty seven sixth round pick in exchange for doan Terario Dante Wicks. Wicks, who's signing who's going into the final year of his rookie contract, will reportedly sign the one year contract extension for twelve point five million dollars. Wicks twenty five with a fifth round draft pick in twenty twenty three draft. During his three season with the Green Bay Packers, Wick has caught one hundred and eight passes on one hundred and eighty targets thirteen hundred and twenty eight yards eleven touchdowns that averages twelve point three yards per catch.
Speaker 1: I mean, the rightings on the wall. Can we see it now?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 2: Maybe it's in hieroglyphics, the writings on the wall.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's been that way. It's been that way.
Speaker 5: And I said it last year. I said it during the season, I said it in the off season. Anytime we do talk about it. You know, the Eagles are planning to make a move, and there's a certain situation that's going on, and people are talking about integrity and talk about ethics and talk about this person.
Speaker 1: I mean, blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: Listen, nobody moves the needle or make decisions outside of the GM and the owner. They are not influenced by anybody else.
Speaker 3: Talking about it. You and this person talking about it. Yes, the media, man, you think the moonals give it down? What the media say. The dam don't care what me, oh Joe, what anybody say. They gonna do what they're gonna do.
Speaker 5: Always, always, I mean, I mean, we talk about franchise, we talk about billion dollar entities. You really think anyone outside of that has influence on their decision making?
Speaker 1: Like, come on, let's let's be serious. People.
Speaker 3: Come on, they don't e let the playoffs that's playing for him influence. What the hell they do it? How they gonna let somebody outside the building that's not even inside the building influence it?
Speaker 5: Come on, man, but outside of that, you, I mean, it's been enough. I think it's time to move on. I think AJ doesn't want to be there. We've seen enough enough of that. He was frustrated this season.
Speaker 3: The same year in the row, he was frustrated even after they won the Super Bowl, and he was frustrated. So he's even frustrated more frustrated now because guess what you see what those guys doing. He say, changed, don't miss a beat, he says, jsc and done. Come on now, look at Pookah Man, Devonte Adams come over there to a whole new team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and lead the league in touchdown past it all.
Speaker 3: Somehow, all these great guys, these coordinators can find ways and their quarterback can find ways. They call play and they can get me the ball somehow here we still haven't found a way to consistently get me the ball. Now, I ain't putting it on nobody. I'm not saying it's the coordinator. I'm not saying it's quarterback. But all I do know is that I play a dependent position, and I'm dependent on the quarterback and my coordinator put him in the situation and the other guy throwing me the ball. And I've been damn if we can't do that consistently.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I understand a he was real, I mean frustrated, frustrated first before that, he was reading the book to keep himself calm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, relaxed.
Speaker 5: So we think this year, I mean, same thing again. So that's two years in a row. You think he's gonna sit around for a third year of the same? Absolutely not. It got so bad, Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: The owner had a conversation with him, and people like to say that that got out. Had it not gotten out, how would you have known that Jeffrey Lewie and AJ had a conversation.
Speaker 5: Somebody always leaking it, of.
Speaker 3: Course, but it had gotten to the point that mister Lorie didn't It was felt some type of way about it, probably saying you know what that your a Let's try to make the both of the best of this situation what we have currently. I understand your fresh frustrations. Uh, how he's explained it to me, x Y and Z. He don't know no plays, but anyway, how he's explained it to me. Yeah, And let's try to make the most of this season and then after the year, we'll try to make a decision that works both, that works best for both of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think this is the second move I think they've made at the receiving position, if I'm not mistaken, Even with A J. Brown not there, I think they'll be able to make.
Speaker 1: Up for some of the production, maybe not all.
Speaker 5: Of it, But the Eagles will still be a dominant team. They still in the in the NFC. Wait, no, it is N's ain't it NFC? Yeah, and was Washington and the Eagles Eagles. Yeah, they still they still gonna make their head. They're still gonna do what they want to do.
Speaker 1: But I mean A J.
Speaker 5: Brown and he just he needs a new change of scenery. I said long ago before, although you know what was going on, I said it would be the Patriots. I said it would be vailable because of the situation in the relationship that they had when he was in Tennessee.
Speaker 1: So he just needs the most sense.
Speaker 5: Him going to New England. So we'll see what happens June first or the June twentieth.
Speaker 2: June first, Yeah, June first. That way, you just spread it out over two years.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is not as significant as it is, right, Yeah, So I look, I just think the thing is od y'all.
Speaker 2: We've been talking about it. I just think everybody, everybody just want to just move on wan a fresh start. It's okay.
Speaker 3: There are irreconcilable differences, and we choose the part on amicable terms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not a bad thing.
Speaker 3: Ill reconcilable differences and and this split is amicable.
Speaker 5: Mmm. I don't know them boys good though, Man, them boys good.
Speaker 2: I ain't happy. Have you seen the situation?
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, how have we seen many women in situations They got everything fly private and you got diamonds and you get cars, you get X y Z.
Speaker 2: And I'm just not happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it happens all that at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: What about my happiness? I'm I mean, hey, no crime from the yacht. But some people mm hmm, yeah, it happens.
Speaker 5: You can get, you can get everything you asked for, and it's still not enough. Not enough, Fly egos Fly. I don't know the rest of the song, but I love that.
Speaker 3: I just I just, I just won't look. I just hope AJ get somewhere he could be. They give him an opportunity to play like he thinks he can play, and then go from there, because right now he's not happy now, and I don't think. I don't think he's the best he can be. H It's and it's hard to be when you don't know. I mean, you go from one game you might catch nine, the next ball you might get three ball thrown at you and catch one.
Speaker 2: It's hard to play like that. You know.
Speaker 6: In basketball, you're gonna practice two hours out the day. You got the rest of the day to yourself to chill. Game night on the road. I don't give a damn what it is. We ain't got to stay in the hotel, you know what I mean? Yeah, roll, you might got a little something something come through.
Speaker 2: You and oh game before the gat.
Speaker 6: Hey man, you gotta get it. How you live winning different cities almost every other night? Man, you god yoke man. I'm just saying, I ain't. Don't don't see him act like it.
Speaker 2: Ain't. You know it ain't easy, now, you know, I mean I ain't.
Speaker 1: I ain't, No, Joe, I ain't never did nothing like that. But go ahead.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, you know, he ain't not the day. I mean maybe the night before the game, not the day other game.
Speaker 2: Joe. You ain't trying to do nothing like that before the game.
Speaker 6: But the joke I'm saying, Okay, if I'm in the city for only one night, you know what I mean, I ain't coming back. We only play this team one time in their building.
Speaker 2: Well you know, you know, like Luther, if only for.
Speaker 1: One damn joe y'all.
Speaker 5: Done, Not that I think about it, that is a whole lot of cities eighty two games.
Speaker 2: Man, Listen, listen. They won't do no room check. They won't do none of that. Y'all do no room check.
Speaker 1: They got no curfew, Joe y'allly't got no curfew.
Speaker 6: Hell, not only persons gonna be room checking you is your damn girlfriend or your wife.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 5: Damn.
Speaker 1: Oh lord, I ain't know that joke.
Speaker 3: Man. They got security on the hall right by the elevator and the dost.
Speaker 1: Hey, you better be in your room by eleven o'clock.
Speaker 3: I'm just they gotta come out of chuck, come coming by. Check there are rooms now, you know, guys might be in the room playing video games or playing.
Speaker 2: Cards or something like that. Ain't ain't ain't no man.
Speaker 6: I got like, for instance, like it's cities that you know you go to. You know people. I ain't necessarily saying that it's just you know females. I'm saying you may know some cats you went to school with, high school with, college with, and you know you only go, hey, man, we go out, we get something to eat, let's go bowling, let's go do some like it's this.
Speaker 2: Ain't try to see nobody went to high school with Hey, hold on, you ain't double back over nothing. You went to high.
Speaker 5: School with no well, you know everybody go to high school with back maybe after year by the time you made it, they didne got kind of big Joe.
Speaker 6: No no, not not early in your career.
Speaker 2: O Jo.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying. It may it may be something in high school. You know you thought were nice. You ain't you ain't touching high school so you like hold on.
Speaker 5: Nah, Joe, everything nice in high school and got a little fluffy their little bell pepper.
Speaker 6: Joe, that's ten years. That's that's your ten year reunion. That's after that's ten years, but two three years to move from high school.
Speaker 5: Man, Please Joe, think about this, Joe, think about this. And I'm sure people in the check at the test of this, those that was fine as hell, that used to be, Oh they was, they was them, you know, as far as female.
Speaker 1: They don't it, don't it don't be that years down the line, Joe.
Speaker 6: I'm saying ten fifteen years down the line, they may not be like that, but you still you're still gonna have You're gonna have a few ojo. They're gonna really take care of themselves and keep themself up. I don't know where y'all where y'all from, you know what I mean, what y'all got going with school?
Speaker 2: Y'all went to where I'm from.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Hey, I'm just telling everybody, get you know, get a little healthy, little wait on them. It ain't nothing wrong with that. I'm just saying, it's never what it used to be. That's not how I remember you in high school. Man, it was that one, like I couldn't wait to come out in the hallway and see you walk by because he was that one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I mean, I give what you're saying, o Jo, but there is a few. There's a few. Look, look you know, because you know, you know, like in high school, they may be a little slim, you know what I mean, three years out of high school, they then got a little weight, good weight, right, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel I mean, I ain't really seen nothing like that, Joe. Most of the time you graduated there and had two three kids, and you know they be a little bell pepper Joe, not all of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean maybe not where you're from. I'm talked about dying here.
Speaker 2: Man conversation and Joe.
Speaker 3: I hate to go against you, but you're right.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm telling you.
Speaker 6: Look, two three years out of high school, let's say you at Savannah State, you a junior in college. Yeah, mean to tell me it ain't no girls in high school that you done seeing or you be like, boy, Look.
Speaker 2: I ain't backtrack in high school. You didn't know. I mean, I ain't acting like I did.
Speaker 6: I'm just I'm just saying I ain't acting like I did. I'm just saying, but hey, hey, oh Joe, Joe, I saw ay, I saw big things in the future in high school.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about, you know, a job promotion. I saw big things on the horizon. Just saying, he Joe, Now you got me thinking. I'm trying to think who was who was that?
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, you you're from Florida? What now y'all got some what? No?
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm trying to think who is who is the Joe?
Speaker 3: Most was having baby Joe. They was having babies. I mean a lot of them had babies while we were in school. Yes, I mean the youngest was thirteen. She got pregnant at like thirteen. I think she had a kid at fourteen. She got pregnant in seventh grade, had the baby in eighth grade.
Speaker 2: Damn, I ain't you in the eighth grade? Thirteen thirteen?
Speaker 6: Hey, I had some girls in my elementary pregnant in sixth grade.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Joe, joey, oh you know what you're out there in Arkansas?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, project girl. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I'm I'm like, oh no, no, no, no, no, no, Joe, that was it? Yeah, ain't on that track? Y I ain't had no pretty girls in high school, bro.
Speaker 3: They were pretty in high school. I went to college for four years. That was high school that four years ago. And you mean tell me all the printiness gone? Yeah, Joe was interested. You weren't interested? Then are you interested? Now?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 5: Listen, they always interested after after what they choose don't work out exactly.
Speaker 2: You want to go a drink and smoked weed. You ain't want me.
Speaker 1: And look now you want me two three kids later?
Speaker 2: But hold hold up, you a little more experienced? Now?
Speaker 3: What you ain't trying? What you trying to white? You ain't trying to I don't want to know. I'm good?
Speaker 1: What we trying to do?
Speaker 6: Joe May didn't tell y'all something a Little Rock Central where I went to high school at. They didn't tell y'all something. We had all the pretty girls that I at Central, Bro. Like if you went to another high school in Little Rock before our bell ring when school was out, you see dudes driving through that, you hear me, Damn, yeah, dudes come through that. They because they a lot of the girls that I went to high school, especially the pretty ones, they probably dated somebody at a different school.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, yeah, but we had them. Boy, we had them you hear me, Well we didn't.
Speaker 5: And I mean, hey, Joe, I think we had them too, Joe. I mean it's Miami, you know. I mean it's a melting pot. Of course, everything everyone is gorgeous. But things changed in a short amount of a short amount of time from by the time you graduate the four years later.
Speaker 6: So you ain't had like no little skinny girl in high school and then two three years later she gained some good weight. Yeah, I'm saying, Oh, Joe, I mean, Joe, me my high school, my girlfriend in high school when we broke up, I had my girlfriend in college.
Speaker 2: I ain't looked back.
Speaker 3: I ain't mess with no I ain't mess with nobody from all right, Okay, And.
Speaker 1: Now you got me thinking. I wonder what I'm trying to think?
Speaker 2: College is a different story. College something else. Boy, who.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to joy?
Speaker 2: Joe?
Speaker 1: Joe, you got me, Joe.
Speaker 2: Tell the story. Hey, yeah, Hey, college got me thinking, Joe? What I got you thinking about?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: I'm trying I'm trying to I'm trying to think back, who is fine back in high school? And I wonder where he at and what they're doing now, and what do they look like? Now?
Speaker 3: You ain't worried about nobody right now. You might have been worried about it when you got out of where you got.
Speaker 5: An organic were on the topic. Uh, that's all. The fact that we on the topic, and like it's jogging a mirror. I'm like, damn, I wonder we're so and so had from nineteen ninety five nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 3: And when I had this one boy, Hey, she went to a rival high school boy, she was.
Speaker 1: So fine like that, what what's her name?
Speaker 3: Un?
Speaker 2: I ain't telling.
Speaker 1: We might be able to find them.
Speaker 3: I know what she is, my sister see all the time? Oh real, yeah, looking boy?
Speaker 1: Okay, my bad?
Speaker 2: She still five? He don't want to say. Man, she pushing sixty here, Ah.
Speaker 1: That might be. That might be the one. Now, man, we broke up? What you did wrong?
Speaker 2: I ain't do nothing wrong.
Speaker 1: You just said, y'all broke up? We did what percent of the time?
Speaker 3: It's look here, see if I if I tell the story, everybody gonna know who it is. And I don't want people to know who it is. I don't want to put up business out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, okay, my bad bad.
Speaker 6: The people you went to high school, go no, everybody go yes?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, hold on, y'all was together and it was private.
Speaker 2: Ain't no, ain't no, hey, man, look at your man. You know what I'm saying? You know? Are you a creeper? I had patty feet? You couldn't.
Speaker 5: Okay, I got you, I got you, I got you, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: We we quietly broke up and uh yeah, I know, man.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 6: Some of the best times of my life, bro, if I'm keeping it real, which I was in high school.
Speaker 2: Bro. Oh yeah, high school with fun bro. College College.
Speaker 6: When I got to college, I could I could see my dreams right in front of me, meaning like the NBA. I was so focused that it wasn't nothing gonna throw me off my pivot. Same thing in high school. But in high school I had so much fun because I went to high school with a lot of cats who I really grew up with.
Speaker 2: High school was fun. Bro. You threw caution to the wind. Boy. I am so glad.
Speaker 3: There ain't no way I could have survived with social media now in school witness.
Speaker 1: He with that, with the access and over exposure and what you talking about.
Speaker 6: No, sir, hey listen, because when I was in high school, boy, you had to you had to go check. You had to go home and check the call. I did see who called you? You know what I'm saying, Yo, What you know about that? What you know about that call out?
Speaker 1: The joke?
Speaker 6: Hey, O Joe, I should be I go straight home and check it, trying to see, trying to see it.
Speaker 3: Let me see if she hit me up or something. Let me see what going on. Yeah, but that was a good old Yes, you fined, O Joe. You're talking about I'm talking about I'm talk about the.
Speaker 6: Girl had bodybody because he because because you know, when you're in high school, they fined for no reason.
Speaker 2: They ain't got to work out of nothing, man, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you you you you me for a minute. Then let me stop by getting myself j lose we loose wig