Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report. The company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenovak, Romain Bostick, and Scarlet Fou.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get to some of the individual gainers. Hey, guys, you want to say something really cool, Go to NDX Index d ES, SPX Index DES and the four top gainers in both of those averages are exactly the same. Cool Intel regeneron CrowdStrike and is at Palo Alto. I just think that's kind of wild cool.
Speaker 1: None of those names are on this crank.
Speaker 3: Okay, Anstel is the number one gainer in the S and P five hundred Nasdaq one hundred. It's was up more than eleven percent of its inter day high today, finishing with a six percent gain that interday high highest level since April of twenty twenty four. Bond trading volume jumped on this an options trading surge led by those forty six dollars calls. Keep in mind that Mobile Eye Global, of course, buying that human Eye humanoid robot maker Menty for nine hundred million mobilized biggest shareholders is Intel, according to Mobile Eye. So I just I don't know. That was the only news I could find, but I just thought it was kind of interesting.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a stretch. By the way, did you see all the humanoid robots everybody's been parading out at cees. They've moved very very scary. Now did you see the Boston Dynamics one, Yeah, that's one. If I saw that walking down the street, I am cross.
Speaker 3: That guy can that that robot can do cartwheels?
Speaker 1: Is it still the little dog? Are we talking about a dog? This is a it's like your size person. Oh God, probably keep it away from me.
Speaker 2: I doubt that.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Moving along everybody anywhere real estate tickers ah us. That was definitely a gainer in today's session, finishing the day with a gain of about seventeen and a half percent. Compass also higher. We'll bring that one up nine and a half percent to the upside. Anywhere real estate shares climbing to their highest level INTRI date since twenty twenty two after announcing that it's acquisition by Compass cleared regulators. So again that deal getting done. So we saw both of those names to the upside, and then one more for you LG. I Holmes. Oops, maybe we shouldn't bring it up, but we did.
Speaker 2: There it is.
Speaker 3: It was up almost ten percent at its highs today, finishing with a decline of one point six.
Speaker 1: Persons four viewers. We don't know our listeners, I should say. Carol is her job. Her only job is every day to come out and tell you which stocks rose, But very frequently she sometimes has something.
Speaker 3: Is happening.
Speaker 2: This is why.
Speaker 4: Just to note our producers who give me all our time about like why I don't send the names that are down until you know, like three fifty eight pm, It's because I just want to make sure they're still declined, you know what.
Speaker 3: Not happy new year to YouTube anymore.
Speaker 4: All right, let's move on because I've got a few.
Speaker 3: Oh you guys, I have a decliner for you too too, You do you do?
Speaker 4: Let's talk though about defense names. Lockheed Martin, Northup, Grumm in General Dynamics, all down to the tune of more than four percent today. President Trump pledging to block dividends, stock buybacks, and over compensation of executives until defense companies speed up production and maintenance of military equipment. The President said, execs that these companies should not be allowed to make in excess of five million dollars until his concerns are addressed when I see these companies. He talked about defense companies overall. He didn't name these companies specifically.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, yeah, well just actually you or now that you're saying that Trump actually out with the truth social post right now, this on involving RTX. He refers to it as raytheon of course, this change his name to RTX. It was lower by two and a half percent in the cash session, now down an additional two percent here in the after hours trade, and he specifically calls them out basically hitting I'm not going to read this all, but basically hitting on some of these issues with their relationship with the Defense Department or Department of War as he calls it, and wants them to stop based dividends.
Speaker 4: I'm interested in what exactly prompted this. It sounds like delays of or equipment and just how long it takes for this stuff to come. But I would like to hear you know what exactly it was that prompted him to send out this this post.
Speaker 1: And also according to him, he says he wants Raytheon, this is a quote step up, start investing in more upfront investment like plants and equipment, or they will no longer be doing business with the Department of War. And if Raytheon wants further business with the United States government, under no circumstances will they be allowed to do additional stock buybacks.
Speaker 2: This goes on and on.
Speaker 1: I encourage our viewers to go and check out the full truth social post.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we should remind everybody a lot of these contracts are long term contracts. Their years in the making and the fulfillment of these contracts are years in the making. There are not many companies that can actually do what these specific companies do, so I don't know how much like what the enforcement mechanism would be for certain elements of this, but look, it's a story that we're going to keep following, and it's definitely moving. The names of these individual stocks also moving lower today thanks to the President posting on social media shares of companies that are in the space of owning homes institutional investors that own single family homes. So Invitation Homes spun off from Blackstone years ago. I think it's back in twenty seventeen, down six percent today, American homes for red falling four point three percent, Blackstone itself, a major owner of single family homes, down five point six percent. The President said that he would move to ban institutional investors from buying single family homes. He said, well, learn more at Davos. The President said he was quote immediately taking steps to ban large institutional investors from buying single family homes and a pushturd promoting housing affordability. So these companies and more fell today. And finally, how do I have to wait for Davos. That's where we're getting more details, more details.
Speaker 1: When is Dovos? It's coming up soon.
Speaker 4: Soon, Yeah, two weeks okay. Also in the red today, Skyworks Solutions in Corvo down. Skyworks down nine point seven percent, Corvo down seven and a half. Notable laggards in the semiconductor stock says investors await an update about regulatory paperwork for the planned merger of these two Apple suppliers.
Speaker 1: We took a quick look at yield. You did see a lot of activity in the yield space today, but the net effect of at all the shorter end of the curve was not a whole lot. You saw a slight uptick on the two year lead, a slight downtick on the five year and the ten year yield, but on the longer end of the curve when we were talking with Kevin Nicholson about this just about an hour ago. Here keep an eye on that thirty year yield down about five basis points today to around four eight two oh two, and change.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.