Speaker 1: Of the Law and Order franchises. SVU is considered especially watchable.
Speaker 2: We are the amateur detectives who kind of investigate the vicious felonies. These episodes are based on.
Speaker 3: These are our stories.
Speaker 4: Done done, Hello.
Speaker 2: Freshot well HOODI international HOODI hoo day.
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh my god, how did you celebrate? Wait?
Speaker 1: Hold on, this is thats messed up. But I'm Kara Klank, one of your hosts, and I'm Liza Traeger. We talk SVU crime. We have no guests, We're busy. We'll have guests soon.
Speaker 2: I've been fuking since seven am, so but it's my own making. So you can't. You can't I mean soul Cycle, Thank God, give me the credit back. I sent them screenshots. I was like, because I was eating a friend, I go just do it, Just do it. I put on the athletic weir and then I kept puking in a sports sprat.
Speaker 3: It's like, I can't make it.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: You actually got up and got the clothes on. That's wow. It's like, you know, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: I actually got roasted yesterday because I go getting the packages that save me money stresses me out because what if I don't make it, and then I'm wasting it and this and that and they go. It seems like you're setting alarms and signing up six days in advance, and you're really.
Speaker 3: Going and you're just scared that it'll like constrict me.
Speaker 2: But basically, look at my I mean, Kara Hi, obviously we have a lot to talk about.
Speaker 3: That video of your kids was amazing.
Speaker 1: But look where I was yesterday, Kasa Chipriani, New York, U La La.
Speaker 2: So you know, I had Manhattan's Oh, and then I went to a Rosebud's Netflix special her hers just came out. I thought, I was like, I'm not going I have research. But then I go to Big Up. Let's just it was at Soho House. I go, how funny to go from one private club to another? And then I had three more of Manhattans. Oh boy, and everyone was like, wow, Lisa, you can do it all. Look at you. You're gonna soul, You're gonna do research, you podcast, You're you're an icon and ha ha, I'm not.
Speaker 3: No my body Manhattans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my body said, are you out of your fucking mind? You old bitch? Get to bed. So it's I'm at Baile at this point Oh my god, I know that's too much. It's too much, but Costa Chipriani, I want you to know. It's like a member's only club. It's very oligarc in there. Yeah, I mean, I would say the chickest place of it. It's really fucking nice. It's gorgeous. It's gorgeous. But when I walked in, one of the door guys angel, they were all nice, and then he was like, let him have it, just fucking let them have it.
Speaker 3: So I really let them have it. But they like it.
Speaker 1: But you were performing, yes for the wealthy. I didn't know if maybe somebody just brought you like, I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope I did well.
Speaker 1: Then on the way out, the door guy was like, the owner was in there. I heard it was good.
Speaker 2: I go, I let them have it, and I go, hopefully they'll give me a membership so we'll see.
Speaker 3: Oh low.
Speaker 2: But I also I know I did say free, Luigi, you all better fucking watch out. You know, I was being crazy. I was like, I live in the East village. It was silent. I go where your maids live.
Speaker 1: Of course, like I was kind of like, check your drinks, check your drinks.
Speaker 3: One guy was in a in a blue button down and I was like, oh, you're in a worker shirt.
Speaker 2: Huh you work for Like it was I had a great fashion girlies model. I mean it was like, but wow, SOHO house is more creatives than like young professionals. They like it's like they try to be artsy. I've never been to a place like this like this was. This was nuts. I felt like, I guess this is where you know Leo hangs.
Speaker 1: Out, but he's I love this as like a niche like market, like a niche like thing for you that you just do, like really really high end corporates where you roast the ship out of the one person.
Speaker 3: I would like.
Speaker 1: I think that would be such a because on the way, you guys want to get your asses red. Get Lisa trigger in here. At the end, I'm like, please make a difference, you know.
Speaker 2: I tried to say something, but at the end, like every server was, the hostesses were like, well that.
Speaker 3: Was fun, Like.
Speaker 2: It felt good, but I actually got I do have a thanks everyone that came from Portland. So listen to this. In the front row a couple obviously I do a little crowd work. He is the CEO and creator of wild gummies. There are the ones in the white container in like those little box. Yes, yes, oh there's the packaging's really pretty right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I go, did you bring me any He goes no.
Speaker 2: I go, okay, I go, are you a millionaire? And he goes and I go, I mean, this is crazy he didn't bring man. After the show he comes up to me. He goes, yeah, this is my fiance. Last time I was at the comedy cellar years ago, you made fun of me and said I didn't deserve love. So on Valentine's Day he decided to be came front row and sat with his fiance in the front to go, yes, I yes, I do.
Speaker 3: I actually did find love.
Speaker 1: Bitch, Oh my god, Why would I say that to him?
Speaker 3: Psychotic?
Speaker 1: He must have been doing something. He had he had his arms crossed in a bitchy way. There was some reason. So that's my fun. I also, I've been talking about this on Stop. You reposted my local news clip, but I went to a karaoke strip club.
Speaker 3: I mean watching you tell those women on local news.
Speaker 1: By the way, like I posted this in the That's myst Up Stories, but it's on Lisa's page two.
Speaker 3: It's so funny because they're like any dance.
Speaker 1: Oh well, we talked to Hazel back in the day the way that you were just like, oh no, like I was doing karaoke while the strippers they were like, oh that was so good. They were like, we get that in New York. I'm like, I'm sure you ladies will go all the time if they get.
Speaker 3: That in New York. But spent hundreds of dollars. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I like throwing money at women. It is something I enjoy. Yeah, it's fun. Yeah I did it. Yeah, I've done it. But but I was cool. We did Backstreet. I know someone there that did mine my back, my back, I knew people did fun and then one person went up and did Enya. And it's like, oh, you're so funny. Like now the stripper's not gonna make money, you dumb bitch.
Speaker 3: Like that is annoying. That is really annoying.
Speaker 2: Okay, now you got to talk. Okay, I'll.
Speaker 3: Talk.
Speaker 1: Well, as this is released, we will have just been back from DC, so a future in the this is past Kara telling you that, thank you everybody who came out in DC.
Speaker 3: And then and I'm sorry, Kara, but I took it I'm taking a train to d C.
Speaker 1: I'm taking a train from DC back to New York. Yeah, but then I.
Speaker 2: See, Yeah, I am never not buckling up my I'm on airplane mode. I'm sitting up right, I am listening to the instructions.
Speaker 3: I am not yeah terrified. Oh yeah, yeah. I just thought I'm bragging about the train, Kara.
Speaker 1: No, I thought you were making I know, I thought you were making a joke about how like you like to fly and that you're taking like the train, and I didn't even put it together with the fact that planes are falling out of the sky at a rapid rate and I'm actually flying on Friday Saturday. So I'm actually like going like l l l like every time people talk about plane crashing because I'm like, well, I gotta go. But we can cut that part. It's maybe too dark. Uh no, oh yeah, it's too dark for a rape podcast. I know it's fine. Well, if this is the last time you hear from me, I died on my way to d C to perform for you, guys, and I love you, yeah, or boeing or Boeing guys.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's a Sassineeah, I'm a whistleblower. I really loved the video of your kids in gender roles, naturally, so I posted this video on my kid's private page of we always go to Rosie's little friend's house, and Oscar loves going there because she has all these princess dresses and she has a fucking tiaras and rings and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: And Rosie's not in any of that shit, and really her friend isn't that much either, So like Oscar just is like, bye, ladies and lets them go do what they want. And he is like he literally kept going. There's so many beautiful things. I don't know how I can't decide. Like he was free, he was having like a stylist crisis, and then he just got into like full you know, sort of aerial Princess Elsa or Queen Elsa drag and was wearing a little clip on earrings and like he looked so cute, and I just was video videoing them because I thought they were cute. And then Rosie comes on with like a pick axe she made out of popsicle sticks, and it's just like pick act pick axe, and I'm like, look at this, you know, I was just like perfect example, like gender is a construct, you know, it's not real. Because Oscar also keeps telling me that what he turns for he wants to become a girl. So we're talking about it, what we're working him through it, Like I'm like, well what does that mean? Because like he's like, I just want to match Rosie. And I'm like, okay, I mean you have long hair, she has long hair. She wears sweatpants. You wear sweatpants? What what else?
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 1: Want? What do you want to become a girl? And he's like, I gotta think about it. So supporting him and supporting him in his quest, I did book a trip. Did book a trip to take the children to Lego Land for Rosie's birthday. So if anybody's got the hot Lego Land tips, please send them my way.
Speaker 3: If you want to talk about that real that I sent you. Oh yeah, wait, that's right. What was it again?
Speaker 2: It was basically this bride the morning of her wedding, she goes to room to see her husband and he is breastfeeding on his mother.
Speaker 1: As a full grown man, and I think she called off the wedding. I would, yeah, because that's.
Speaker 2: The real mentioned, Like the milk's not coming out anymore unless she is really you know, grapes of wraththing all over town straight up.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Yea, and the dad was standing there. No, that's so creepy. I like when you honestly, my phone like.
Speaker 1: Got hot, I felt like I had to drop it. Like when I got to the like point of that real, I was like, oh no, gross ah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like there's a lot of things people go through with on their wedding. Like I heard of a girl I was friends with a girl like through another friend, she was cheating on her on her fiance day.
Speaker 3: They got married.
Speaker 1: The guy that she was cheating with like contacted her fiance. They still got married. He was like, I've been having with your wife, don't do this. They got married, they got divorced pretty quick, but they still went through the with the wedding.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: People like make deposits, they like want to have the party, But the breastfeeding that would be tough.
Speaker 3: That'd be very.
Speaker 1: Tough to still get out there and do your little dance to fucking at last, you know what I mean. That'd be really tough. Oh my god, are you caught up on druggers? Just just not last week.
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 2: I am, I'm really not agreeing with the elimination.
Speaker 3: So uh oh, we're getting down to it.
Speaker 2: Wait, who are your faves right I guess they're changing rules as they please for the edit, Like it's kind of annoying, but I'm also not a professional.
Speaker 3: Who are your faves right now? Who do you want to see win it?
Speaker 2: I am always cheering for an older queen, so Lexi, lex yeahxy Lexi.
Speaker 3: And then I like.
Speaker 1: This one the curls Susie too. No, she has no black curls. She's more magic. Oh oh jewel sparkles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like jewels. Sparkles. Yeah, sparkles is cute. I feel like, yeah, yeah, you didn't watch it? Yeah? Those are mine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like tops are gonna be Susie Anya.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Anya for sure?
Speaker 1: On your nerve is fun And it's funny because it's like, I'm really liking Corey, even though I do think Corey's drag is bad.
Speaker 3: I just think like they have good confessional and like.
Speaker 1: Funny faces and stuff, you know, like I can see Whey they sort of keep some people in there for that.
Speaker 2: No, I'm with Corey, but I mean I watched fashion photo, like whatever, I'm not going to ruin anything. But it's like there was a challenge and she just went. I just decided I didn't like the challenge, so I did my own thing.
Speaker 3: And it's like, that's not I know.
Speaker 1: When she did the egg thing, I was like, this makes no fucking sense wearing moment.
Speaker 2: She's confusing. But yeah, I'm obsessed with her too. I just don't think she should win, but I'm happy with her making top four or five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe she'll be like a miscongeniality or something.
Speaker 3: I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 2: I know she care. Sorry to interrupt, you could say it I saw. I mean this might be I saw the cutest dog I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 3: Are you guys ready? Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all wow with the tongue out. Okay, we'll post it. You gotta text it to me now so I can post it. So it just makes sense. Oh my god, I mean that is really fucking cute. I love that kind of dog. That's really cute. It's like the shadiest at local news. I was there on a dog day there. It's canine Tuesday. Canine Tuesday. Oh they knew how to schedule you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one dog got adopted that was a different dog, and then this, uh, this dog was tasting homemade dog treat segment.
Speaker 3: People are making homemade dog treats.
Speaker 2: It's like, no, I mean people are spending Oh my god, dude, I didn't watch White Lotus yet.
Speaker 3: Being a Walter Goggins's beloved love him.
Speaker 2: So his architectural digest showed up and I enjoyed it. So then his GQ like things I can't live without, and I didn't want to watch it, but I saw backgammon board m hm.
Speaker 3: And so he brings it.
Speaker 2: He opens it and he goes, way, I've been looking for that, and he starts like getting emotional because he goes, we just moved from La back to New York. He goes, I haven't opened this. Backgammon just means so much to me. He goes, this isn't planned. These are things I put in for safekeeping that I've been searching for. He goes, for four years, I've been looking for this stuff and it wasn't planned. And it was like homemade ornaments from his parents.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was in his backgammon setcase.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's god. It had like he travels a lot.
Speaker 2: It had like gemstones and like it just had like like he was truly overwhelmed gemstones.
Speaker 1: Appropriate way. She still loves gems. Oh no, but also he's in the Righteous Gemstones. Rosie still gets hugely excited about gems. I just got them last week. Get at a party. I went to my annual party. Barely keeps she I'm barely keeping up.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 1: TV has finally gotten too busy for me. Yeah. I haven't watched White Lotus yet. I am miraculously keeping up with the Traders because I the stuff that's on Peacock.
Speaker 3: I just don't go to Peacock to get it. I need my DVR.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I am. We're in a bit of a Housewives drought right now. Right there's like nothing that happen. I like Beverly Hills and Beverly Hills. We do have a Potomac reunion. Yeah, and we're gonna I barely care about. We'll get Miami soon.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah yeah, I mean I started Southern Hospitality. Really.
Speaker 1: I like it, you do because the commercials come on and I'm always like, who is watching this?
Speaker 3: And it's you.
Speaker 2: They're dumb, they're hot and they're they're busy at the bottle service.
Speaker 3: What's what city? Are they in? Savannah?
Speaker 1: Where are they?
Speaker 2: No, it's Charleston. It's Leva from Southern Charms nightclub. She owns a name.
Speaker 3: Oh so it's all crossover. It's the vander Pump situation. It's got it, got it.
Speaker 2: So I'm just cheating on each other basically, Yeah, it's just cheating.
Speaker 1: It's sexy people cheating on each other. Sexy people cheating on each other. Which leads me to my next question for you, because I have been following through us through Bravo accounts or whatever a little bit the page and the crag of it all, and I don't get it because it sounded like they came out and they had this like pretty amicable thing where they like where they were like, yeah, we're separating or whatever. But then it turns out he says he was blindsided, and then people are trying to accuse her of having a side piece, and she or a boyfriend or a cheating and already has a new boyfriend and people are like that. She's like, that's not true. What's going on? Give me the quit page?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Of course, I think it's internalized misogyny. It's kind of the same people that were Team sand of all where it's like in what world? And I don't want to insult Craig because I think it was a loving, good relationship. I think she loved him, like, so I don't want to insult her partner.
Speaker 1: She made him much better, because what I mean is a piece of shit.
Speaker 3: When I used to watch that show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and even this season, it's like a montage of him lying and like being rude to his friends and like he wanted a trad wife, like he wanted her and Charleston raising a child. And on an episode of Southern Charms, she says to him, like, I'd like to be allotted the freedom you did at thirty one, like I'm thirty one. And not only that, it's like you're cutting her at her fucking knees, like Pages once in a lifetime talent. I'm sorry, like knowing that like is usually that funny, charming ground and likes Taco Bell in bed like I'm sorry, Like I just feel like she could fuck Obama.
Speaker 3: I really do, Like I am so.
Speaker 2: Team Page And you know they pick up to the cameras and people were pissed she's just a girl's girl too, which I appreciate. But at the end of the day, Craig is a compulsive liar and an alcoholic, and I think she made him better and like he's stop dreaming and I wish him well in his sobriety journey. And I think what pissed her off is like the first moment he had on and any interviewer watch what happens. He didn't have her back and she's like, you know, I didn't fucking cheat on you, and for you to like imply anything like that is fucking bullshit.
Speaker 3: And then but people are like, you let him on.
Speaker 2: He wants that family and he's like a little manchild and he can find a trad wife.
Speaker 1: Also, we it's like we have video of it. We have video of her saying I'm not moving to Charleston. Like it's not like she was like maybe you know, like she's kept saying I don't want kids.
Speaker 2: She's in tears, going I don't want kids and I don't want a baby. He just wants Paige obviously, But like you don't get to rush her to give up on her dreams. Like she's a multi she just said Radio City musical like that's oh for her pod Yes, that's like eight thousand people, six thousand people, like it's a huge deal. And so for someone that supposedly loves her to be like, come on, just move here, have a baby, like I want to get married, I think is disgusting.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And if you do want her to be like the person you have kids with and do this life, you could have moved to New York. But also you could have just been patient. It's a control thing. I'm sorry, but also it's not I.
Speaker 3: Take it back. If you want that, go do that. Go do that. Go find somebody who wants that.
Speaker 1: Go honestly, And now's the time if you want to t if you want to trod wives, now's the time. They're out there like it's happening. Now, hurry before they all really.
Speaker 2: Just show up to your pillows store events like that's fine, but I can't wait. So pages on watch what Happens live and yeah, I'm just team Page And I think the comments that are anti her are like internalized mischlogyny and that like I'm leaving it at that. The same people that I don't know Riana, why won't you just move out then and he's dangerous and it's like, okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just wasn't sure if there was a I wasn't sure if there was a Like they also broke up, no better.
Speaker 2: Like they we broke up around Thanksgiving and Craig was like, Hey, I'm about to do all this press.
Speaker 3: Can I just say we're still together?
Speaker 2: Like I don't want to deal with this for the premiere and she said, okay, fine, But they've been broken up since Thanksgiving, so even if she went on a date with someone, say this to a game or not, does not matter.
Speaker 3: It's I don't know.
Speaker 2: Did you watch the first episode of Summerhouse, No not yet, So like Lindsey, you know, announces for pregnancy and everyone's happy and then the men are like, what's the baby's last name?
Speaker 3: Counting the months being like how's Carl gonna feel? This is? And it's like, who cares how Carl feels?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he dumped her after her wedding shower that he dropped in on weeks before their wedding, and now she can't get pregnant by another man because Carl might be upset, Like, I you know, it's this, It's just these ingrained attitudes of people. That is stupid, especially now. They'll never pick you. They'll never pick you.
Speaker 1: I am gonna I might. I am going to get into Summerhouse if I can, though, because I really enjoy I mean, what I've seen before, I've liked. You know, you got me fully hooked when Lindsay and Carl got engaged and the other girl was acting so fucking crazy. I was hooked on that shit. But I really like Sierra on The Traders. I think she's fun and she brought that energy to the like clip for next week or this week you probably also but like her calling him out at the dinner table and people are like, that's Traders vibes. Yeah, but she learned how to school people. Yeah, she was really good. And I feel like in the beginning she was so quiet, I wasn't noticing her, and then she really came into her own.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I hate to say this, but Tom Sandoval is fun to watch on that show, Like he's you hate him so much and he's such an idiot, like you do have.
Speaker 3: To have kind of an idiot?
Speaker 1: And how about how about literally I was just I was texting you about this.
Speaker 3: I was texting other friends about this.
Speaker 1: I was like, does Sam talk like they've literally given him no confessionals, Like is he okay? Or did they just say, oh, this guy like doesn't actually speak and now suddenly like episode like ten, Sam's like, I listen, I know things like he's like, suddenly this wise man that knows all this shit in the show. I'm kind of I'm kind of into randomly say I'm coming out of nowhere. Although I don't like him because of the Britney stuff. But anyway, let's move on. We have a great episode for you guys today really quick. I do want to give a shout out to somebody that messaged us. We don't do this a lot, but this made me laugh because she was asked, this is Renee messaged us and said, could you give a shout out to my friend Maggie and her daughter paper Clip. I don't know if that's a typo, but I also love the idea that you named your daughter paper Clip on on one of your episodes her birthdays in March. I'm sorry it's a little bit early, but I'm worried I'm gonna forget about this and your friend Renee won't be able to celebrate with you, and she said, she says that our podcast has the thread that's been keeping you guys in touch since you left New York City. So I love that we can be that for you, and thank you for being born. And happy birthday to you, and a great day with paper Clip. I hope that I think that this might be Penelope or something, but I would love it to just be paper Clip.
Speaker 2: Let me know.
Speaker 1: Check out That's messed Up Live dot com for Liza's dates. She's all over the road this whole fucking winter, spring, summer. And then if you haven't had a chance yet, go check out my advice thing that I'm doing with Jackie Zebrowski over on Last Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: It's called Who's the Bitch.
Speaker 1: Some of you are listening, and I appreciate you so much, and we just take advice and give advice. We take, we give advice and tell you who's the bitch in your life. So if you've got somebody bitching around, go to Who's the Bitch dot com. And for now, let's get started. This is a wild episode from the early days. Oh my gosh, what a treat we are doing the second episode ever of SVU. This is season one episode Dose Everybody, taking you back to September of ninety nine, wherever you maybe.
Speaker 3: Were at that time. I was in college.
Speaker 1: But Baby Benson is in the light gray blazer and slacks that she wears in the credit opener Thrilling, and she's at this little like New York style grocery store like Bodie, like you know, it's a little New York grocery shop or whatever.
Speaker 2: This is very Yeah, this reminds me of early Sex in the City because they tried to paint Samantha as like sad.
Speaker 3: I mean, you didn't even get to it. I'll get let you get to it.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Oh I'm bringing up I'm bringing up the Sex and the City comparisons. Oh yeah, they're Sex and the City comparisons all over this.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: Yes, for sure, I'm getting I'm getting to them. But this guy is, like, you know, it is a cutie kind of Sex and the City moment that she's having with this like grocery guy where he's like two tomatoes for a dollar. She's like, I only need one, and like, you know, we're definitely we're telegraphing. She's a single gal on the go. She doesn't need a bunch of tomatoes. She just needs one.
Speaker 2: She lives alone, and by the way she says it, and I just need one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, a cute little and then the guy.
Speaker 1: Goes pity and live goes tragic, like it's like such a cute little it could have truly come out of Michael Patrick King like dialogue.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Then, of course, on her walk home to pop open a bottle of red wine and forget about the horrors of her job, Benson strolls by a full on crime scene. A woman is on top of a car. It looks like a jumper situation. Benson goes under the crime scene tape announces herself as police. There is a funny moment if you rewatch the episode. She flashes her badge at a uniform officer who is not looking at her at all.
Speaker 3: He has his back door.
Speaker 1: She's just like, here's my badge and he's not looking and then she asks is it a jumper, and they're like, well, jumpers open the window first. This woman like smashed through the glass, cleared the sidewalk, and landed basically in a neglige on the car.
Speaker 3: She's like in a little nightie. The owner of the car is worked up.
Speaker 1: He's like, I just parked here for twenty minutes and it's like, buddy, I don't know what you want here. There is a dead woman on your car, Like take a cab, Like you're not getting car back right now. He's just like yelling for the sake of yelling. He's like, great, perfect dead to a perfect day. It's like, I wonder what else happened to you that day. The woman looks pretty hot even dead on top of the car, like her body really stayed intact. It's just like she has streaks of blood, but the usual it's not like the usual thing that you hear, Like I remember I met doctor Immani from Married to Medicine on a show that we did together, and she was like, I used to work in morgues and you cannot believe what happens to the human body when somebody jumps off a building, Like you cannot, but like you can never be prepared for what you see. And this woman's like, you know, eight stories she fell. She's like on a car. She still looks pretty gorgeous. So it's just not what I would expect anyway, liv asks the unis have you notified SVU? And the guys scoff and they're like, oh, because she's not wearing panties. And we have to remember this is the beginning of the series where nobody respects SVU at all. They constantly call them like the panty police or whatever, and Live yells at them just cover her up. So now up in the apartment, Stabler's on the scene into this other like lead lead cop seeming guy filling him in. He's like, no sign of forced entry. Two glasses of half drunk wine, two sets of prints, must have been a lover's quarrel, he says, and Stabler goes, yeah, you usually kiss and make up. And then this CSU guy shows up and he's like, look, I found ultra ribs, like con condoms that are ultra ribs, and the other cop goes, well, maybe they did more than just kiss and lives like not feeling the jokey vibe with these men, She's like, yeah, maybe he read her some Walt Whitman. Then they made hat passionate passionate love, and then right before he rolled over bell asleep, he heaved her out the window, excuse me, through the window, so the guy's like, oh, well, what's this little outburst about. And Live is like rape, it's about rape, and he's scoffing and saying like I said no fourth entry. She's like, I didn't say it was a stranger, bro. He's like, well, she wasn't exactly dressed in her refusal outfit.
Speaker 3: Ugh.
Speaker 1: Stabler's like, I didn't hear you say that. And the guy's like, who the hell are you guys? Anyway, the political correctness squad again this you know, this episode's twenty five years old, same same assles out there. He flashes his badge and intros them as SVU and the guy's like, you want this case, you take it and lives like looking out the broken window holding a beautiful photo of this woman like from you know, her regular life, and then they look down at her dead body on top of the car and it's honestly a wild shot, like and that's the credits. So now at the precinct, Stabler's looking at the crime scene photos. This woman felt eight stories and uh, you know, very sensitive Cassidy as usual goal.
Speaker 3: She looked like she got shot out of a cannon.
Speaker 1: And Craigan's like, maybe the guy was like roid it out, like maybe the void rage thing.
Speaker 3: Are you a six feet Under person? Where are you?
Speaker 1: I forget I started in the pandemic. I'm a good way through the first season, but I didn't keep going.
Speaker 2: Well that because I was I unfortunately what you said haunted me about the person, about jumping out the windows and how they look and now the cannon, and I was just thinking about that, unfortunately. And Six Feet Under did a good job of like showing the bot like what app actually happens to the bodies because the beginning of every episode there's like a crazy death. You know, there's six seasons. Yeah and that, Yeah, that's the only show.
Speaker 1: So I was like, they don't really show that, but not show they do really show the mangle oldness because the least part of the job is to make them look good for the funeral.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you don't. We don't think about them. It's scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these are tough jobs. These are really fucking tough jobs. Like this like Melinda Warner like what the fuck?
Speaker 1: I know? I know I could not be me, but she she does it with Grayson style.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: Craigan thinks that maybe this guy was routed out like a guy that just throws a woman through a window out.
Speaker 3: You know, eight stories.
Speaker 1: Munch is like, nah, the Yankees are out of town, and then he and Stable are exchanged some kind of baseball jabs and lives like it could just be run of the mill male rage, like it doesn't have to be athletes or or like, you know, steroid related. Jeffrey's like, is there a boyfriend and Munch goes? Or a girlfriend? I bet you could toss one hundred pounds and Jeffries goes, I'll toss you, you skinny ass, and Munch goes.
Speaker 3: There's the rage.
Speaker 1: And these early episodes are so good because the pacing is like a sitcom. I mean they are like bop bop bop bo Like they are joke joke joke, like getting on each other. Information is being passed like so quickly, Like I love the early season so much. So nobody knew this woman in her building beside beyond a smile in a way if like she worked at home, she carried a laptop. Munch then immediately gets into a full spiral about laptops. He's like, laptops are a pyramid scheme. I'm like, what He's like, whatever happened to Penns? And it's like it's just such a funny nineteen ninety nine take that laptops are a pyramid scheme. She had an appointment the victim with a doctor Daniels every Tuesday and Thursday. At by point fifteen, the victim was a writer. She wrote an article called street Crazies, budget Cuts and the mentally Ill, another article called designer Vaginas?
Speaker 3: Is this healthcare?
Speaker 1: And I think Sex and the City had premiered just a year earlier. I think this woman is supposed to be a Carry Bradshaw type. Okay, she's a sexually active writer, single living in Manhattan. I think that there's no that's not no accident that this show had just aired a year earlier.
Speaker 3: And it is like taking the world by storm.
Speaker 1: Okay, So they go through the actual rolodex, like she has a physical rolodex, and everyone in there is a man, and they're just trying to act like what a slut, you know, And it's like maybe she's a Samantha slash Carrie. I don't know, but Carrie has sex with plenty of guys, Like I think that.
Speaker 2: They even Charlotte, I think they did the math and Charlotte like fucked seventy guys.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 2: They all have high body count hair, yeah, one hundred, but not even like now I'm even saying more and more of the sex in the city would like caught me because I'm you know, it's always on, But I caught a couple of season one episodes and in the beginning, like Samantha ended up being really empowered and cool, but it didn't start that way.
Speaker 3: They painted her out as sad. Oh at the beginning, because.
Speaker 2: There's a scene, yeah, because like this guy tries to fuck Charlotte on a date and Charlotte doesn't want to and then they get into a cab and she's like, where are you going and goes listen, I like what you're doing here, but I need to get laid. And then Samantha goes home with that guy and it's painted really sad, like she has nothing and he's like, you need to be out in the morning, and she's like, I'm busy, and like it was just blues and not as the Samantha we know. Yeah, and this is very this and it keeps going where it's like the sad Kathy Comic Existence for Ye're Alone woman Vibe too totally totally so they have you seen the reel? There's like a reel It says the reason men don't believe women are single by choice is because men are not.
Speaker 3: Single by choice.
Speaker 2: Oh no, way a pretty good right, Yeah yeah that is good because they're just like you sad women. And these women are like, I don't know, we're kind of doing okay, I.
Speaker 1: Think, and we can have like like single women can have sex as much as they want, Like I think these guys are like, oh, we're just like not getting that either, like these men, yeah you know, yeah yeah yeah. So they find doctor Mark Daniels. He's a clinical psychologist. Munch finds another article, how to build a Better Orgasm, is something she wrote in Cosmo. I mean please, that's Kandice Bushnell written all over it. Munch says, somebody might kill for this, but I feel like they're missing out on Munch saying something like, if you build it, they will come.
Speaker 3: So that's just like a note I.
Speaker 1: Have like guys just like as an alt joke, pass like there's something that could be there with Munch because he's also just been talking about baseball anyway, Hey, Craigan's like, go check the neighborhood. And they're like, Cassidy, you're in court tomorrow for the subway stroker case. Okay, because like they used to do this a lot in the early seasons, like they would just have one of them go off into court.
Speaker 3: Kind of in the middle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't as much of like an actual prosecution at the end, and it was just like, you know, let's go. It wasn't as divided into like first there's the crime part, then there's the court case part, like so you know this is how they got the court into it.
Speaker 3: Well, it is.
Speaker 2: And this therapist is in other episodes of SVU. Yes he is, yeah, Greek last name him and Angie Cassavadas I bet yes could be friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah fourshore oh bah. So back at the victim's apartment, they check her answering machine.
Speaker 3: Her name is Gretchen. She has no messages.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming they already know her name because they've found a bunch of articles she wrote, but whatever, she has no messages. Benson is outside talking to a neighbor. She's like, I heard rough housing, like people throwing things. Then I heard the scream, the crunch, and then the car alarm, and they're like, did you see anyone leave her apartment?
Speaker 3: And she's such a classic SBU witness.
Speaker 1: She goes, yeah, like I was supposed to stick my head out and checks that he could see me, and then she just walks away. And then a yuppie couple approaches Live immediately to go and goes, how long will the apartment be a crime scene because we're next on the list for one bedroom. It's like so sick. They like don't care what happened to the woman. They don't care about anything. They just want her one bedroom. That also feels like very comedy, like very sex and the city, like making jokes about living in New York, you know. Stabler fucks with them and goes, well, I'm went the real estate board and you guys are off the list now, and they're like, oh, so now live an Elliott or chatting she's like half the building say they can't even tell their neighbors from the perp, and Sablers asking live like, well, could you tell? And she's like, I work all the time and he's like, you know, they say the burbs are anonymous and like he's trying to like jab her, and she's like, cause I live in Manhattan and he's like.
Speaker 3: He lives in Queens and she's like saying, Queens is the burbs. It's kind of a stretch.
Speaker 1: But he argues, Wow, we got space, we got trees at a lawn to mow, and lives like, oh fine.
Speaker 3: That's yeah crazy. It's like, no one's mad at you for living like that.
Speaker 2: Why the pressure to like, why the invalidation of someone just kind of wanting something different. It's just so confusing, but such a part of our culture still.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And certain buildings are like people do all know each other, and certain buildings are like people don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know. There's kind of like a vibe I don't think in New York it's like you don't know your neighbors.
Speaker 1: I knew some of mine, and she said, like I at least knew who they looked like and what their names were. If they died, I'd be like, oh, yeah, this is her first and last name, you know. But lives like, oh, I really want a picture of you mowing the law And then she's like, admitted, Kathy does all the housework. You're never home and he's like, yeah, she's the man of the house. And he says to live you're lucky. You got nothing to worry about, no lawn to mow, and she's like, yeah, I'm a regular monk. And then he goes monkket, which is spot on a joke my dad would make. Oh my god, the monkket joke like gave me a full lurch. And they have this weird moment where he's like staring at her and she's like what and he's like nothing. And I don't really know what's going on there, but I also think this is like it's just this is wildly like twenty five years ago, where it's like, oh, your life is so easy because you live alone and you don't have kids, and it's like there's plenty of things to fucking worry about in the world when you're a single person.
Speaker 3: You know, well, not only.
Speaker 2: That, it's just like, you know, it's it's seeing a show figure itself out. It's episode two. You know, it's this new thing. They're coming out from Law and Order. So it's like the tone that's built, you know, there's just this journey and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't that's not a thing anymore.
Speaker 2: And this is the culture like season one of Seinfelder The Simpson's roomn that's like, who knows if it would have gotten a second season or been able to grow into something like it's really just changed so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it's not making the money, the tech guys don't want it, bottom line baby. So he cuts his Stabler at his house and he's pulling shit out of the garbage disposal as Elizabeth plays Old MacDonald pretty badly on the piano, and yes it is an Elizabeth sighting the forgotten Stabler. We barely ever see her again. Maureen is, she's one of the twins. She's twins with Dicky. Maureen is gabbing on a cordless phone and Stabler's like annoyed that they broke the disposal, Why putting too much shit down there? Then he gets it working. He's so proud until Dicky walks in and goes.
Speaker 3: Have you guys seen my turtle?
Speaker 1: I left it in the sink, and then him and Kathy share a look over a turtle murder that he just committed. Like again, it just feels like sitcom Like this just feels like sitcom like moments.
Speaker 3: They're so it's funny to me.
Speaker 1: Now in court Law and Order regular Ada Abby Carmichael played by Angie Harmon, who I've always thought was so beautiful, but then I did here she's a Republican, so I don't know she's questioning Cassidy.
Speaker 3: Where we've got Cassidy's subway stroker case.
Speaker 1: Okay, now this is a case of a professor at Manhattan University assaulting a sleeping woman on the train. Cassidy is a cutie, but he's also such a dope. He like, he knows he can't say dick or junken court, so he quickly is like a genital region and then he has to stop himself from saying, oh, he just did it, until he can't. He can't say finished, his intended result or whatever, Like he won't say it came, you know.
Speaker 3: He's like, he's like a child.
Speaker 1: And now it's time for the defense to question him, and they're like, so you're an expert at sex crimes, which seems like a dig because Cassidy just said he'd only been at SVU for eight months. And he's like, so, what's the psycho sexual name for fondling a stranger? And Cassidy says fromage, and of course that is the French word for cheese. He's trying to say freutage. And then the lawyer reveals that the woman on the train was not sleeping, she was in fact dead, So what is that called? And Cassidy has an outburst and he goes, I don't know what it's called, but I call it disgusting. And the defense guy's trying to make it look like, well, there is no assault because the victim was dead, and he's making Cassidy look like a clown in the process. Okay, so that's like a little side from the rest of the episode.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: In Cragan's office, Benson and Stabler walk in. Stabler says, you look about as happy as a postal worker at Christmas. Okay, No, this woman's got no threats from exes, no messages. They go, this woman makes Jade Salinger look like a shriner, and Craigan says, not one person in her life, even though she's dead yet and if the guy had killed her in her home, she might not have been found for weeks or months, And.
Speaker 3: It's kind of fucked up again to actle.
Speaker 1: She doesn't have friends, she doesn't have anyone that's checking on her, like, I'm sure she has a friend. Benson's like, God, can you imagine living like that? And then Stabler gives her a weird look again and she's like what. So it's like basically Stabler keeps like p acting this woman's lifestyle on Benson, like, Oh, it's so sad. You guys are just single and don't have anyone, and like, you know, you could just get murdered and no one would even fucking notice, and it's just crazy.
Speaker 3: So then anyway, they're like, let's go talk to the shrink.
Speaker 1: So now, Doctor Mark Daniels as Lisa mentioned, is played by Dennis Boots Karis Okay, who is also in the SBU episode Shadow, which is the Sarah Paulson episode.
Speaker 3: I think he's the.
Speaker 1: Guy that she calls, like the family lawyer that she's calling to like fix everything up. He's also in Producer's back End, which we have also done, which is that Lindsay Lohan esque episode with Stevie Lynn Jones where like, you know, she's trying to make Amorrow look like he did something bad and this guy actually has one hundred and twenty five credits.
Speaker 3: Dennis Putzikaris.
Speaker 1: So he's been a working man since the eighties, since nineteen eighty, so you can check him out. He's been in a lot, you know him. He's one of those guys you're like, how do I.
Speaker 3: Know that face? And he thinks that.
Speaker 1: Benson and Stabler are a couple attempting a walk in and they're like, no, sir, your next patient is in fact dead, so you've got some time and they need his help with next to of kin and he's like, I can't do that, and Benson's like, yeah, doctor patient privileged.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah, we can get a court order.
Speaker 1: Then he caves. He opens the file. He's like, Gretchen's parents are dead. She has a sister named Ellen who lives in Denver. She was very private, he says afterwards, lives like did you notice he didn't even ask how she died? And Stabler agrees like, yo, yeah, that guy's stonewalling us. So now they're talking to the emmy, who is doctor Elizabeth Rodgers played by Leslie Hendrix. We've talked about her before. She was the Melinda of season one. She did nine episodes of SVU and then unfortunately Melinda moved in and we never saw her again. But she's quite good. She doesn't even say hi. She just starts listing off injuries from the fall and no sign of a struggle. She says, no sign of a struggle from before the fall. She's like, no contusions, no internal abrasions, and Lives like, yeah, but a gun to the side of the head wouldn't leave an abrasion. And the Emmy is like, girl, chill, I am on your side. So back at the office now. Lives put her hair in a ponytail because she's frustrated and she needs to get down to work and she can't have her beautiful hair falling in her face. She's left messages for everyone that the shrink gave them, including the sister, left voicemails for everyone. They're hearing back from nobody. They tell Craigan that the shrink was uncooperative, and Craigan's like, well, get a court order to stop his pussy footing. And I don't know if you had a feeling on the word pussy footing. That's so yeah, And then Stabler gets a call right there and then on Cragan's office phone. I don't really know how this place works with the phone, where Craigan is like, it's for you, Elliott, and it's the lead. And then the print on the wineglasses matches a guy with a record in Albany, not a prisoner. A shrink done done, Doctor Mark Daniels, her shrink that they just talked to. The wineglass prints are his. So Craigan goes, guess the pussy footing's over. I would love them to name an episode pussyfooting. So now we're talking to the shrink and he's got his brother with him, and his brother is his lawyer, and he's like, legally his hands are tied. He can't help you. And then they're like, well, what about the Prince. You were in the room of a murder, a victim, like right before she was murdered, so we actually can't talk to Youdaniels is about to explain it why he was in his client's apartment when his lawyer is like, he was there at lunchtime upon request to attend to a crisis and live goes or an erection, and I do like that, good one. Daniels is insulted, and Stabler's like, I thought the lack of a boner was insulting.
Speaker 3: So there they're Jabin, their Jim in their Jabin. There's a lot of jokes.
Speaker 1: His brother says he was back at the office seeing patients by two thirty, and at eight o'clock, which was the time of the fall, he was at a lady therapist's apartment having dinner. Got there at six thirty, left at mine, cut to the walk and talk with the therapist. She confirms he was there. They ask if she knows any woman he's getting busy with. She says, our relationship is professional. I have no interest in his personal life, and I'm like, that's wild. I am interested in everyone's personal life. Like anything you want to tell me, I want to hear it, like I would never be like, that's actually not appropriate. I shouldn't be hearing this about you. Outside. They can't tell if this woman's covering for him or not. Stabler gets another call. It's a contact at the New York Ledger, where she wrote and let me just say Carrie Bradshaw wrote for The New York Star, which was a made up version of The New York Observer, which Candice Bushnell wrote for. So the New York Ledger. Here we go at the Ledger Elliott introduces live to his connect there, and his name is Michael Gaston, the actor, and you would recognize him. He's in tons of stuff. He's been in four svus, He's in The Man in the High Castle. The Leftovers also has one hundred and twenty five credits, just like Dennis like, wow, this is like there's so many people I'm gonna name that have a ton of credits and it's just like very classic second episode of Best View. They're just like we got to get in all the good character people that work in New York and stuff. So he's like, oh, this is your new partner. She's better looking than Alphons and I guess that's Stabler's last partner. And I never remembered his name being Alphonse. Now, yeah, good trivia.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The guy calls him a fatso and asked if he died of a heart attack, and Stabler's like, no, he just retired and moved to Florida, and the guy goes, same, diff so love this. They show him the photo of this woman and he's like, I don't recognize her, but then they show her the crime scene photo and he goes, oh, you mean this is the woman that got like defenestrated or whatever. I saw this in the competition. We don't really go for death scenes. So he's acting like, we're not the New York Post. We're like, you know, the better, Like we don't go for that shit. I don't know what the equivalent would be, is the New York Daily News like a little bit better?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: They say her name is Gretchen Quinn and he's like, oh, yeah, no, I talked to her a couple.
Speaker 3: Times on the phone. She'd call me to tell me she liked my columns.
Speaker 1: But I'm not an editor, so I didn't hire her, Like she's just another byline to me. And then he's looking at the picture of her just being like this girl is and then Benson goes, what a stone cold fox a babe? And he goes, no, you're a stone cold fox and a babe, and Benson just like Benson just goes like she just like lash. She doesn't even like roll her eyes. She's just like yeah, I know. And then he goes, no, this is some deep, deep hole you'd have to fall into, like what a waste, like just you know, he's sort of.
Speaker 3: Sad about the woman's death.
Speaker 1: So now Benson and Stable are getting hot dogs from a street vendor, as every New Yorker does for lunch. How many hot dogs have you had from a street vendor since you moved back in February. Well, you know, I famously don't like New York hot dogs. That's vastly like a fat. I've had had them at baseball games. I've had them at events, I've had them in the movie theater. I think already I have found hot dogs, but it's mostly shake Shack because they have Vienna beef. And then there's a five Guys nearby I haven't been yet, but and then Westville if you can get a hot dog for four dollars or two hot dog meal.
Speaker 3: So but not on the street.
Speaker 1: But not the streets like when I lived in New York for eleven years, I maybe had one street hot dog ever, when like somebody was visiting and I was like, sure, let's do this for you. But I don't think I ever did that. But you know people are eating them. They they weren't off the street.
Speaker 2: It is like a chicken rice like I would eat, like halal, like I would eat at a hullal truck over any other street.
Speaker 1: And I would get those nuts all the time. Those candied nuts I would get all the time in pat Central Park. I love those. Oh, I think those are so good, those little roasted nuts that are sugary. Oh love them. So Benson's on the phone finding out that Gretchen had a lot of pricey dinners on her credit card in the last year, and the last one was for three hundred and seventy two dollars at Iel Postovecchio and three hundred seventy two dollars in nineteen ninety nine. I mean, that's pricey. That's a pricey fucking, you know dinner. That's a pricey fucking dinner now, but like now I think that's like five hundred dollars. So now they're at Eel Postovecchio and the host is like, I don't know. So many beautiful people come in the air and then they flash their badges and he's like immediately spills. He's like, oh, yes, she was with one of the anchors, not local, either national. And then a waitress you know, stumbles up and goes, oh, yeah, like she was with Dallas Warner. I got a serious tip and she's there like oh from him, and she goes, no, not from him, from her.
Speaker 3: I guess she was his boss. I love that.
Speaker 1: So there's a little feminism happening in this episode. At the news station Dallas, Warner is in a walk and talk with Benson and Stabler and seemingly avoiding all the questions on purpose. And he is played by another working guy, Michael Nori. He's been in a ton of episodes of All My Children, Damages, you know, my original binge watch obsession, the OC.
Speaker 3: He's got one hundred and thirty eight credits.
Speaker 1: No, no, you know this guy from something okay, And they're like, quit bullshitting, and he's like, I haven't seen Greshion in a month. And then he's like, I was with my wife last night, and the restaurant can confirm, and he hopes they can confirm his alibi without having to contact the wife, like you know, basically like please be discreet. So afterwards they go watch him on air with his newscast and they call him a sociopath and they're like, you know, you know, with a cheating narcissist like this, his alibi is gonna check out. So now they're at the Black Pearl and they are talking to a very sassy waiter. And this man's career did not take off. He stopped acting. He only has like four credits and I'm upset because I love him here and it's just like a thirty second little speech and it's so funny and so like from the second episode, they were setting the stage for what you're supposed to do when you have a couple of lines on this show, like this is what you're supposed to do. This guy goes, oh, yeah. She was having drinks with that gorgeous anchorman what's his name, Warner Warren whatever? Women who knows I should have such problems. She was stroking his arms crying. He was sitting up straight looking around.
Speaker 3: I see this scene one hundred times a week, baby, and the body language it was personal, as in the man was already gonde like.
Speaker 1: It's so good, it's classic. He's amazing. Okay, so now we have to see someone live your dreams, you know. Yeah, So if anybody knows who this guy is, I'm sorry you're quote acting because this is amazing.
Speaker 3: You do a great job on this episode.
Speaker 1: Back to talking to Dallas, he says he was with her Monday night when he found out she was dead. He was shocked, and they're like, yeah, you like lied to us, and he was like, well, I was just shocked.
Speaker 3: I didn't know. And then he was like I was good for Gretchen.
Speaker 1: Before me, she'd been with a bunch of lying psychos, says a married man who is having an affair with her. He said, the last time he saw her, she called crying. They met for drinks. She told him she'd be she'd been banging her psychiatrists. It'd been going on for a couple of weeks. Benson makes a snide comment, did you used the word banging or did he use the word bang? I did, he didn't use it. Okay, that's my edit. That's my edit.
Speaker 2: Because it does say a lot about a person and we needed to know.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, sorry.
Speaker 1: In my quest to make things quicker, I did just say banging instead of, you know, having an affair or whatever, having a sexual relationship. Like she thought it was hot that he knew all of her little like dark secrets and that he was still into her.
Speaker 3: So that's why, you know, which is probably what happens.
Speaker 1: When a lot of people have affairs with psychiatrist with her own psychiatrists and Benson, which should never happen and I think is truly such a horrible act of misconduct. Benson makes a snide comment and this guy Warren goes, well, if you want to be snotty, I'll call my lawyer and stop cooperating. And then she goes, yeah, and I'll call your lawyer and ask him if you killed Gretchen and it's like, lol, he won't tell you, So I don't know. That's like not a that's not a tit for tat Benson. But he's like, why would I kill her? And lives like to keep her from blabbing to your wife, and Stable has to pull Benson out of the room and he tells her why don't you go get an obb started, which I don't know what that is, and outside, Stabler's like, you want me to hit him for you? And then Sin's like, no, I'm the only reason we're not making any progress with this guy, Like he's a pompous jerk. He's not going to deal with a woman like you go in there, you deal with him, and like we're all good. Like so they're not even right from the bat. It's like this is episode two. They're already have such a big trust in each other that he's like, it's just not working with you in there, and she's like, I know, like she's not even.
Speaker 3: Like you're pulling me out, you know, like it's I just I like that. They're already establishing this that episode too.
Speaker 1: So Stabler meets Dallas on the roof now and back to all the info about the shrink. Gretchen said, yes, at first it was exhilarating. He know all my secrets but still wanted to, you know, be with me and attract it to me. Dallas told her to sue him, and Stabler's like, well, we need you to testify, and he goes, no, this was off the record, and Stabler's like, this isn't sixty minutes, Like you can't just like tell cops things off the record. And he's like, well, it's your word against mine, and mine is trusted around the world. And then Stabler lightly, lightly threatens to tell his wife about the affair, So we leave it at that. Back at the house, they're downloading Daddy Kragan. Warner's like, they, oh, sorry, this guy's name is Warner, but he's not Warner.
Speaker 3: Dallas.
Speaker 1: Warner has a solid alibi and he wouldn't offer up a dinner in a public space if he was lying, Like he wouldn't be like, oh, go ask all these people. You know, they still don't have anyone to release Gretchen's body to, and they haven't had a chance to sift through all her stuff. And Craigan's like, you know what a great time would be that to do that, and they have all just started to sit down, and so no, they all stand up because they're going to start.
Speaker 3: Doing it now.
Speaker 1: Munch and Cassidy are walking and talking and Munch is teaching him the Greek like necro is death phelia is necrophiliasphilia is to like, so it's like necrophilia.
Speaker 3: It's cute.
Speaker 1: He's like giving him a lesson because he didn't no necrophilia on the stand.
Speaker 3: So now they're going through all of Gretcham in their desk.
Speaker 1: City is just an embarrassment, I know, I know, Yeah, he wasn't so hot, are you kidding? I know? I think they knew a guy like that was never gonna last on the squad. So they're going through gretchen stuff and they're like, oh, she has a file called penis dot quotes there's something called Biology of the Amazons by Gretchen Quinn. Olivia starts reading a passage about a fish more fear than the piranha, and Craigan just pipes in and goes, oh, yeah the cand ru and interrupts them, and Stabler goes what And they have to explain to Stabler that this is the fish that swims up your dick and like has spikes, so it's like you can't get it. And Craigan learned about it in Vietnam. They told you not to hold your nose, hold your stones. And Stabler finds something. Look at this and overdue library book from Patterson High School in East Bergen, New Jersey. It's like a twenty year overdue book. So they go to East Patterson. There is Seinfeld. Yes, they go to eastburg in New Jersey. They find out Gretchen Quinn's real name is Susan Sadarski and they're about to talk to the shrink and Live really wants to be the one to pull the hair out for DNA. She's like, can I pull the hair out please? So now they're talking to Daniels and he's like, look, Gretchen had classic symptoms of childhood sexual abuse. She was overly promiscuous, seductive, always asking me if I found her attractive. She told him that her father started abusing her after her thirteenth birthday. Lives like be specific and he's like intercourse. And once she graduated high school, she ran away. She moved almost every year, and then she settled in New York. She saw him twice a week. It was must have been expensive, and they're like, and the guy goes, well, she had a trust fund, but she refused to touch it. He says to them that sex for Gretchen was anonymous and joyless. She'd pick any man on the block as long as she picked him before he picked her. She had a history of deranged lovers, and they're like cool arranged more often, Doraine, you are deranged?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got it. Get that into my psyche. Yeah, I'm gonna write it down. Yeah, it could be like the new Delulu is Deray Ray.
Speaker 2: So when are we two hundred something episodes in two twenty Where are we We still don't have.
Speaker 3: A name for our listeners.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, like we'll different babies kind of, but we can't say we can't put that on anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I say murder girls. But obviously I know we're not all girls here.
Speaker 1: Yes, and the murder girls love a lot of different things, you know, yeah, but yeah we we girls When I say yeah, but like it's not a nickname, is it?
Speaker 2: The Deray Rays like, I don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: You guys can settle it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna either call you guys Delulus or deray Rays.
Speaker 3: But no, not all of the deranged dame deranged.
Speaker 1: Well okay, so they're all like cool, cool, great info. You just forgot the part where you're the most recent deranged lover and.
Speaker 3: His lawyer brother.
Speaker 1: His lawyer brother is like, well that's unfair, and Stabler's like, so is sleeping with a vulnerable patient and they threaten to.
Speaker 3: Call the board on him.
Speaker 1: And now Elliott they're at home and Elliott is, you know, bring in his work home ranting to Kathy, He's like, stranger danger. We teach these kids about stranger danger. How are we supposed to warn them about people that they're supposed to trust? Priest Scout leaders therapist? How do you tell kids about this without them being paranoid? And Kathy's like, yeah, babe, We've had this conversation before like, can I talk about my stuff now? Maureen got to be in algebra, Kathleen might not need a whole retainer, which is good, And I just want to say somebody A loyal listener, a loyal de reiree, reached out recently saying that in the episode Pure, which is the Sebastian Valentine episode with Martin Short, I think there is a part of the episode where they discover that he's got files on all of the cops, like he he that's how he knows it about them, And in the file this listener points it out Stabler makes sixty K a year and Benson makes fifty five K a year, And I'm like, okay, I don't know what that episode is from season like seven or something, so that's like early two thousands. That's not a lot to make. But I'm like, first of all, the pay gap is rude.
Speaker 3: That is rude.
Speaker 1: Why are they making different amounts? Probably because he's been a cop longer. I'm sure there's reasons, but I immediately was like, how is that man supporting a family of six on sixty k in New York City?
Speaker 3: Like Kathleen is not getting a retainer?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me, Like, but maybe they're not including overtime.
Speaker 2: You know, like Kathy must come from money. I bet Kathy's parents game money for the down payment. Yeah, they're going to Scarantino's. They're getting Little Manicotti Night down at Scared Like they're going out. They're doing things like the kids are taking piano lessons, they have recitals.
Speaker 3: Like I just am like sixty k.
Speaker 1: You cannot live in New York City, Like that's like crazy, even back with a family of No, not with a family of I mean when I was leaving New York, like even ten years ago, it was like you had to make eighty k as a single person to be comfortable is what they were saying, to be comfortable in New York City.
Speaker 3: And that was ten years ago. This is even longer ago. I don't know. I think this is with a family of six people. I can't. I can't.
Speaker 1: Maybe he lives in an old family house. He doesn't pay any rent or something, but that still like seems crazy. Stabler now gets to the good stuff. He takes his shirt off. Okay, he's looking good. He's got the gray tidy white he's on. But he can't stop talking about the case, he starts bringing up how Gretchen's father was abusing her. Kathy's trying to get horny and change the subject, so she brings up Elizabeth. She's like, and I swear, this is the most we ever hear about Elizabeth. It's like, Elizabeth made you an ashtray at school. And he's like, I don't smoke. And it's like, yeah, duh, she's a child. And she's like and then she's like, it doesn't matter. Dicky flushed it down the toilet anyway. Like I'm telling you, this is sitcom. This is like all sitcom. It's hilarious. And he's like, I just can't drop it. I can't believe a father would do that to his daughter. Like he's obviously it's episode two. They're trying to set up how impacted by his job Stabler is, especially because he has his own children that are you know, the ages of a lot of the kids that he has to deal with their cases. So now at the Precinct tells live Doun Dunn, the big sister from Denver, has finally surfaced. She's in New York City in a two bedroom suite in Midtown, and Munch suggests that the sister is probably a victim as well. So now Cassidy, fresh off of looking like a dumbass in court, is trying to impress the squad with his knowledge, and he goes, did you know necrophilia isn't just sex with dead people? I got it off the net. He's like, supposedly some famous Hollywood actor hires sex workers to sit in an ice bath until they're blue before he has sex with them. And Munch is like, come on, next, quiz compulsive onanism and that is compulsive masturbation. But they move, Munch gets him like, you know, the student away and Craigan's like, tell them that the sister is in the precinct. Okay, so Ellen Travis is there and she is played by Layla Robbins. And I've just seen her in a lot of shit. I thought more s fus, but this is her only SVU. But she was also in Homeland. Well I love her. I mean that's a face.
Speaker 2: I'm on her IMDb right now because I was, yeah, oh, I can't believe it up for this, And then I just saw Sex and the City the Cold War and she was one of the snobbi friends of the Russian Yeah, I was like, oh, do you write for the Times? And then she had to be like, I'm a star, I'm a slash.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I love this Simon's face. I'm obsessed with her. Yeah, she's great. She's got like yeah, she does have like from Money face kind of oh yeahs. Also in a movie from nineteen ninety that I was obsessed with with one on a Rider called Welcome Home Roxy Carmichael, where she plays her mom.
Speaker 2: You got to remember that for Cinematrix. That's a good one.
Speaker 1: What is it called, Yeah, welcome Home Roxy Carmichael went on a Rider. It's really good. I mean it's I don't know if it's really good. I watched it all the time when I was a kid, and it was weird. I just don't retain information.
Speaker 2: I just read this whole article about not Christopher walk and the other weird one Willem Dafoe, So like, I read this whole article about him, and then it was all of his movies and he talked about all of them, and then he's in the Cinematrix and I'm like, I do only remember two of them, and it's like how do I even say, Like, I don't understand why my brain, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, and it's probably the wead I'm smoking twenty two. This is my cina matrix is hard for me. It's like, I know, I cannot recall these movies like that way. That's just not that's not that's not how my brain goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right now, I right now my cinematrix. And this will be a time capsule for when we recorded. I'm still looking for an Atte Benning movie from two thousand to two thousand and nine and Anna Paquin film with more than three words in the title. So that's where I'm at right now for the day we'll see, hopefully they'll come to me.
Speaker 1: This woman, Layla Robins. She's also on The Boys, which people love. She has ninety one credits. So again, you're not on this show today really, unless you're that sassy waiter, unless you've got like upwards of seventy five credits.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: They give her the keys to the apartment in case she wants any family items, but she says, I doubt there will be any. We haven't spoken in twenty years, and she tells them two months ago she called me out of the blue, saying she wanted a relationship and they're like and and she's like, well, it was superficial and then it stopped. She says her sister was a drama queen, and Stabler mentions the funeral and she's like, what funeral. I'm in New York City to sign the papers, go to Sacks and take the next plane home.
Speaker 3: And then she walks out. It is cold.
Speaker 1: It's cold, like your sister got thrown through a window eight stories lives, like for sure this woman was molested, and she also knows for sure. They're also establishing something up top that is very important to the history and legacy of the show, which is that Benson Clock's high fashion.
Speaker 3: She knows where shit is from, she know how much stuff is worth.
Speaker 1: Okay, she sees Ellen's outfit and goes and outfit that pricey. Gretchen's never touched her trust fund, but it looks like Ellen is swimming in her trust fund. And then Stabler goes who's paying so back at the Ledger with the buddy whose name is Buddy, I guess the guy who works at the Ledger. He takes them to some guy who they have and he's got access to some kind of financial computer system that shows them everybody's money business, and like where everybody? I guess it's all public. A lot of that says public knowledge, but where do you get it? You know, Like I don't know if it's all just on the internet, but certainly not in nineteen ninety nine. So they're like, the Sadarski Trust check it. So now they're filling in Kragan. The sisters had separate us set up and Gretchen's just sat there and grew. It's at three and a half million and still climbing, and the trust is a living trust managed by their father, who Done Done is not dead but very much alive and living in New Jersey. And Craigan wants to know the truth about these people. So now they're at Laurel Athletic Shoes in East Bergen, New Jersey, and he's walking them through the shoe factory explaining a couple of things, and then they tell him, well, your daughter's dead, and at first he is so upset.
Speaker 3: He's like, does my wife know?
Speaker 1: And then they explain, oh, yeah, she was tossed out of a window in Manhattan, and he's like, that's impossible. My family is at the shore on Vaka waiting for me. And then when they confirmed to him, no, it's your daughter, Susan, he goes, he sighs, and he goes, oh, Susie was lost to me a long time ago. Such a sad child, such a sad ending. Well then he's literally like, anything else you guys need because I got to get back to my shoe business here. And so they walk out of the factory and Live is activated. She's like, I want to punch that guy face. Lee like she's so mad, and Stabler is like, well, the statue of the limitations is up. Even if we do get the sister to talk and lives like not, if we use Megan's law, we can pump the sister's memory that starts the clock again. Stabler's like, I don't know, recovered memory is tricky. It doesn't really have anything to do with our case. And Benson is worried about the little daughter who is down at the shore because I guess they don't really put this out there explicitly, but we figure out later he has a ten year old daughter who with a new wife, who's down at the Jersey shore waiting for her dad, who is a to them known sex offender against children, and so like you know.
Speaker 3: Benson's like, she's the one I'm worried about right now.
Speaker 1: So Live stops by Gretchen's building and she looks up and she sees the yuppie couple from earlier setting up, like they're at the broken window where the woman's body was tossed, and they're just like measuring for drapes, like it's wild. So now back at the squad, Craigan pulls out a bottle of boothe so that Live can have a drink. It's nighttime, everyone's gone home, everyone's off doing stuff. And she's like, well, I thought you don't drink, and he's like, that doesn't mean you can't, and she goes, yeah, when we leave here, we just disappear into the night, and Craigan tells her, yeah, back in homicide, we used to go out every night, get wasted, fool around. We'd feel like shit the next day, and Lives like, yeah, this is better, and he's like yeah much, And then she goes, so why are you all alone, daddy Craigan, and he tells the story about how his wife was a flight attendant on an Orlando turnaround and he was home scrubbing algae off the pool they never used, and it's the pool that AIB got suspicious about, because what's a cop.
Speaker 3: Doing with an ing ground pool?
Speaker 1: And then the phone rang and it was the phone call that his wife had always dreaded. So he says, so Marge is scattered in bits over some swamp and I'm home in benson Hurst, trying to make sense of the test pattern on our giant TV, wanting so bad to drink again, hoping for surrender, for oblivion. And it's like, really, it's a sad monologue. And then Benson's like, yeah, it's kind of like Susan slash Gretchen. She slept with every guy on the block to try to get to that oblivion. And Craigan's like, you get inside her head and you're gonna get to the perp. So now the whole gang is in the pen and they're spitballing ideas. They're like, well, Dallas has an alibi, the shrink has no motive. Maybe the dad, but he hasn't seen her in twenty years. The shrink is also not stupid enough to like have a glass of wine leave his print, throw her out a window and then like run. I don't know that's like, I feel like he seems smarter than that. So maybe the dad, but he hasn't seen her in twenty years. Craigan is pissed. He's like, why isn't the shrink who is at the crime scene and sleeping with the victim not in interrogation getting the close talking stable action as we speak. Benson's like, I'm telling you it wasn't him, it was the father. She cashed one trust fund, maybe she cashed one trust fund check he found her, caught her banging the shrink or the anchorman. He's possessive and jealous, etc. His focus would be on the new daughter, though, the young one, like he wouldn't be worried about his like, you know, old thirty two year old daughter at this point, that's like out of his you know, realm of attraction. So Live tracks down Ellen and it is the fastest walk and talk I've ever seen. Like she does not want to talk to Olivia, and she is flying down the New York streets and Olivia is like, I'm sorry for being hard on you the other day, and the woman's like, I bet you're wondering why I didn't stay and protect my sister, Olivia is like, do you know that you have a half sister. She's ten years old. You know what's going to happen to her? And Ellen is like, well, that was Susan's drama. It's not my drama, and Live says, but you can help, like please, like please, Like she's begging her just stay one more day. So now they have the dad in interrogation okay, and Ellen's looking at him through the glass and is like, can you imagine being a child in that house? Then she strolls into the interrogation room and starts berating her dad.
Speaker 3: Immediately.
Speaker 1: She's like, you cowardly, disgusting, sick bastard. He's like trying to call her sweetie pie, and she's like, shut the fuck up. And Ellen's like, you killed Susie and he's like, I told the cops I wasn't even near the city. She's like, no, you didn't kill her the other night, and he can tell that she's about to blab about all the molestation and he goes, you're making a costly mistake and she's like, lol, are you threatening me with the trust fund? Stick it up your ass, daddy, And Susie called it blood money. From when she bled, when you held her down when she was little, and it's like horrible. He's like, it's ancient history. Just let it rest. And it's like the audacity, the audacity to be like, just stop talking about it. It was so long ago, Like uugh, it wasn't even twenty years ago. By the way, she's thirty two, it's like nineteen years ago. Ellen's like, I got news for you. It's not ancient history. And that lady detective told me if I remember things now, I can tell my story to a grand jury in New Jersey. And he's like, well, now wait a second, honey, I've got a new family. And Ellen's like, yeah, duh, I know. That's why this is happening. Like no one wants you to molest your new daughter. You creep. And it feels like this happened just yesterday. That's how it feels like every day of my life. And then this is a huge twist. She has a letter that Susan mailed her in Denver that her husband, who you'll never meet, she says to her father, faxed over and it says Gretchen Quinn born Susan Saedarski, a frequent contributor to The New York Ledger committed suicide Monday night. She hopes her death will point an accusing finger at the men responsible. And she keeps reading more. And it's her obituary, she wrote it herself. She talks about the men she left behind, Dallas Daniels, her rapist father. She shoves the obituary. Ellen shoves the obituary in the dad's face, grabs his collar and is shaking him as she continues to talk about how he ruined her life. She took her life, she took Susie's life. She was only thirty two. And she sits there just shaking her dad, who won't even look at her while she's sobbing. And on the other end, on the other side of the fish bowl glass, Live is like staring at them.
Speaker 3: She looks up, she closes her eyes.
Speaker 1: She's deeply affected by this, and she herself is only thirty one at the time Live, Like, if I do the math correctly, in the time of year, she's like thirty one, So she's the same age as this woman who died, and they're clearly trying to draw parallels with her the whole episode. So she's affected by this that this woman like had such a traumatic upbringing live has her own trauma which maybe we don't know about yet, but you know that everybody's trauma is what leads to the decisions that they make in their life. Is like a huge theme of this series overall, and they're setting it up big and obviously they did in the pilot the first woman that cop cuts off someone's dick who assaulted her in Sarajevo. You know, we'll do that episode one day, but listen, well, that's gonna be a lot of research. You got to give us some time for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not doing a whole like a country doesn't exist to I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 2: Actually, this brings me up to this is a really short one. I only found a couple sources. And so Loretta would Berry was in psychological counseling and it prompted her to contact Wyoming authorities in January nineteen ninety and asked them to prosecute her father, Calvin Woodbury, for sexually molesting her and her cousin in the late fifties and early sixties. So these attacks happened in a town called Rawlins. Not to be confused with Rawlins, No was humiliating, but Ralins.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Loretta Woodbury lived with her mom on a welfare ranch before being sent to live with her father and stepmother at age seven.
Speaker 3: So that sucks.
Speaker 2: So the abuse started almost immediately, and then on her tenth birthday, there's like a memory she has of being assaulted by him in his truck that was parked outside of town and then took her home to have birthday cake.
Speaker 1: Oh fucking psycho. That is fucking harrowing. Oh my god, and.
Speaker 2: He did the classic like this is something special between fathers and daughters, like fucking crazy. And the abuse went on for seven years, and he kept her quiet by saying if she said anything, she would be sent to reform school. And the abuse finally ended when woodbury stepped sister came to visit. And this girl is so smart. She wrote a note to her mom, who had remarried, and it detailed the sexual abuse and she sewed it into her sister's coat. So once that letter was found, a few but I don't understand why she's not living with her mom, Like that's what I don't understand. Yeah, so you have this stepsister, like why are you with your father. Maybe the mom is like unfit or something. Yeah, but she has the stepsister that lives with the mom. Oh yeah, the stepsister visited and like she's the one who read the note and then did something about it. But yeah, so I'm curious. A few weeks later, social workers remove the fourteen year old girl from the house, but he was never prosecuted because law enforcement were reluctant thirty years ago to prosecute a case like that in quotes, So they're removing her. They know there's molestation, but they're like, ah, we don't need a prosecutus fucking losers. And then someone they were just like not trained to deal with incest. But it's like, but don't you know this is wrong and someone should be punished, Like I just don't understand that instinct of like I guess we should just that's private.
Speaker 3: It's like, what the fuck are you? Yeahh so gross.
Speaker 2: So then she spent the rest of her childhood in a Wyoming state hospital. Why not with your mom? And then she went to live with her mom at age seventeen. Weird, So then I'm like, it was she's supposed to be in the state hospital so she could get help with the incest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like therapy and then went to her mom.
Speaker 2: But like, I don't understand why should be with the dad, why should be taken by the state. Why she'd put in a state hospital but then end up living with her mom. A few years later, Anne had a stepsister living with the mother. So it's really confusing to me. Yeah, but you know, she's an adult. And finally, after therapy and stuff, she said to The New York Times, I could no longer pretend nothing had happened.
Speaker 3: It was just time to do it.
Speaker 2: And to be clear, this was not a repressed memory that came out, but rather she just like avoided the confrontation with her father.
Speaker 3: She also said she finally.
Speaker 2: Did go to the police after repeated efforts to talk to her father about the abuse, Like she didn't want to press charges, she just wanted some sort of acknowledgment. So she confronted him seven years prior, and this was pre therapy, and she said it was a fucking mess and a disaster. And to the New York Times, she's quoted, I would not advise that anyone do this on their own. So yeah, so she confronted him without any sort of like support and it didn't go out.
Speaker 3: So then she.
Speaker 2: Tried a year before the charges, but he refused to go to therapy with her, and she told him, you know, he would have to deal with me on this issue directly or indirectly. Prosecution was not my first choice. And this is all to the Times. So Kurt Kelly was the prosecuting attorney for Carbon County, and he said to the Times, I filed this case because I had three women in different parts of the country, because it's like the nieces, like the cousins too. So he goes, I filed this case because I had three women in different parts of the country who had not talked with each other about this, and they all said the same thing. If you had asked me a year ago if I would ever ever prosecute a thirty year old case that was not a murder, I would have said, it won't happen.
Speaker 3: Wow. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So this man was charged in August of nineteen ninety with five felony sexual abuse counts with assaults on his niece and then a third girl whose melestation came to light after authorities began an investigation. And Wyoming is actually very special and that's what made this case possible at all because they have no statue of limitations on criminal cases of any kind.
Speaker 3: Wow. So luckily it was just like one state. Wow. Okay.
Speaker 2: The man was seventy three and living in Texas and then pled guilty November twenty eighth, nineteen ninety in Carbon County, Wyoming to have raped his ten year old daughter in the summer of nineteen sixty two and his thirteen year old niece in the summer of nineteen at fifty eight. Part of this plea bargain was prosecutors dropped additional charges that happened with his eight year old niece in nineteen fifty eight as well. Other counts were for assaults of his daughter in nineteen fifty nine and nineteen sixty five as well. So it is three counts of rape and then two counts of indecent liberties were the charges, and so he pled guilty to two counts of rape. And then the judge, Larry Lehman sentenced him to only five years probation and to undergo counseling and avoid contact with his victims. And what the daughter okay, the kids were okay with it. I don't know what to say. Like I'm again like I think he should be in person.
Speaker 3: Wow. Wow, Yeah that's crazy. Yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 1: That's why I said the judge's name so we could hate him. He also can't be around children unless another adult is present.
Speaker 3: And this is for rape, Like probation for rape is crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't care if it was not long ago, but all three victims agreed to the sentence before it was handed down by the judge. So that's why we kind of have to like, oh my god, be okay with it. I would have said at least a year. But I'm sure it's like really complicated obviously. Yeah, I don't know, I don't really know. Wow that's crazy. Yeah, not enough. But also thank god, like Wyoming has the no statue of limitations, you know, not very many people even get this lucky into the justice system. South Carolina is the only other state that I found that has no statue for any criminal prosecution. And then Delaware has no statue of limitations for any sexual offense. And then other states you can have like a you know, up to when you're twenty eight years old or thirty what like Altho other states there's like specific stuff, okay, and then the other states, like for felonies, there's no statue, but like I don't understand if it's no felonies, like rape is a felony. So it's all very confusing. There's charts, those websites, like you can look at all of it, and it's all like really specific and weird. And then some states the laws have changed and it's different laws for different crimes depending on when they happened before after the law is changed.
Speaker 3: So that's another layer to this.
Speaker 2: But also you know, she says, like as a kid, she wouldn't have been able to take the stand or come forward, and only after so much processing and therapy she could even do this. So sometimes she's like I understand, like we need to give time for people to deal with their abuse, to have the strength to come forward instead of trying to like force children on the stand when they can't do it, or like these criminal charges, and so that it's important to not have strict rules so people.
Speaker 3: Can come forward when they're ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ough, horrible, horrible, But we can get into our thoughts and feelings in our post mortem.
Speaker 2: All right, this is a post mortem. I don't know, I don't know what I'm gonna do. I'm not just everyone. Okay, I'm telling the beeps. I'm holding on, but it's both ends at this point, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know what to tell you.
Speaker 1: Listen, guys, I'm committed to my powering through for you.
Speaker 3: She loves you and is powering through.
Speaker 1: Look, the post mortem on this episode is basically like, it's crazy that this episode came out in like what ninety nine.
Speaker 3: This episode came out in nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: It came out like right a Sex in the City was having its heyday, and still people were like, is being a single woman like an okay thing?
Speaker 3: Like how sad?
Speaker 1: Like they're trying to parallel like Olivia with And I do think it's cool how the show has like grown twenty five years and Olivia's still single and she's fucking got an awesome career and she got a kid that she wanted and whatever. You know. So, but it is funny that back in like the early thing, the second episode that they made. But you know, obviously this story does change into like a horrific saga of you know, fucking generations of familial abuse. And I'm just like, obviously, you guys, the intro was way to it be, And I don't want to get into the doom spiral, but I am really appreciating all of you guys that are writing to us with your specific stories about how this tyrannical administration is hurting you and your communities. Like one person wrote us and said, like, I run the only sexual trauma sexual assault trauma center in Oklahoma, and two of our therapists like can't work right now because they're funded by the government. So and if you don't think that there's a lot of familial trauma in Oklahoma, I think you're mistaken. So, uh, it's just fucked up that now we're just taking away resources from the ful people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't care.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if people are still writing you like don't talk about politics, this isn't for you, then no, I know that's what I put that on our belongs.
Speaker 3: I saw that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like they're literally like gutting like violence against women acts, like all these protections against uh that are that help women and victims And you're like what you how can you listen to this show and be like, oh my god, Olivia Benson is my girl and then be like, but yeah, we need to stop giving handouts to victims, like get out of my life.
Speaker 3: We don't like you, we don't like you, we don't need it.
Speaker 2: Don't you don't want to feed children and do medical research and have schools and art and libraries and take care of veterans in the national parks, Then this isn't for you.
Speaker 1: You don't belong here. Go fuck yourself, We don't have anything in common.
Speaker 2: Fuck out of our podcast, like or just keep your mouth shut, like things aren't for you. You do not get to ruin the lives of children, adults, like everywhere. This is gonna impact the whole world, and then fucking everything's for me.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 2: I hope you feel uncomfortable everywhere you go, You fucking nasty fascists. You know the quote, You know the quote and the third we don't look at thirties. Oh those were Germans. You were all Nazis. History do not differentiate. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's so true. Okay, all right, we gotta let Lisa go do her thing. We gotta do the next. I got it, I got it, I got.
Speaker 3: I got it.
Speaker 1: Sorry if this is triggering anybody who is easily nauseous, but I do think it's hilarious that Lisa powered through to come record today, and we love you guys. Okay, so let's move on to what would Sister Peg Do. This is our weekly segment where we point you towards an organization, a documentary, an article, something to give you more info about what we talked about in today's episode.
Speaker 3: Although today we're not really going with anything we.
Speaker 1: Talked about in today's episode because I just feel like there's more pressing issues happening to us right now. In this episode's from nineteen ninety nine, and so I wanted to point you to the National Children's Alliance and the Crime Victim's Fund Stabilization Act. There is a new bill that's been introduced to Congress called and this is a this is a US only. Sorry for our Australian and UK and Canadian listeners. We love you all so much, but we're in crisis over here. There's a new bill that's been introduced to Congress called the Crime Victims Fund Stabilization Act. The bill will stabilize funding for the Victims of Crime Act, which is an act that funds children advocacy centers and services that support abuse children.
Speaker 3: Very timely and actually very.
Speaker 1: Connected to the episode because the poor woman in this episode was you know, very abused.
Speaker 3: Both women.
Speaker 1: With so many government agencies cutting funding and personnel, this is an important time to solidify funding for children who are victims of abuse. So for more information and to find out how you can urge your Congressional representative to support the Crime Victims Fund Stabilization Act, go to the National Children'salliance dot org and that, as always, will be linked in our show notes and we always post are what would sister peg dos in our stories and those get saved forever in our WWSPD highlight on our Instagram page, which is thats.
Speaker 3: Messed Up Pod? I'm back. Do you want to say the last sentence? You want me to do it? Well?
Speaker 2: I also can't believe it? And talk about SNL fifty You love that show? Oh yeah, we'll talk about it next week. Don't worry, we'll talk about it next week.
Speaker 1: Next week's episode, guys will be Redemption from season three.
Speaker 3: Yes, and it will be Liza's redemption.
Speaker 4: Tune in.
Speaker 3: We'll be back next week. We love you, guys. Saw better that wasn't I got a lot out? It makes you feel better, it really does.
Speaker 2: It's I mean, I, Casey, Casey, not to ruin every Karen, not to ruin it for you. On the Drag Race Snatch Game, someone was David Lynch.
Speaker 3: Oh oh yeah, yeah, oh I love that love David. That's really cool. I know that somebody.
Speaker 1: I saw your blue velvet and I said it he's good to do. Oh it's snatch game, girl. I gotta go watch right now. I'm gonna go watch right now. Okay, thank you guys so much for listen to the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, if you listened this far, you're one of the fucking real ones.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Uh, comment David Lynch on the Instagram and we'll know that you.
Speaker 3: Listen all the way.
Speaker 1: Keep keep emailing us, dming us, let us know if you we have episode requests, and we love you guys, and we'll.
Speaker 3: Talk to you soon and see you next week.
Speaker 2: I e That's Messed Up as an exactly right production.
Speaker 1: If you have compliments you'd like to give us or episodes you'd like us to cover, shoot us an email it That's messed uppod at gmail dot com. Follow the podcast on Instagram at That's Messed Up Pod and on Twitter at messed Up Pod, and follow us personally at Kara Klank and at Glitter Cheese. As always, please see our show notes for sources and more information.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to our senior producer Casey O'Brien and our associate producer Christina Chamberlain, and to.
Speaker 1: Our mixer John Bradley and our guest booker Patrick Cottner, and to Henry Kaperski for our theme song and Carly gen Andrews for our artwork. Thank you to our executive producers Georgia hard Start, Karen Kilgareff, Daniel Kramer, and everybody at Exactly Right Media dot dum