Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: How you?
Speaker 3: I am all in with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in Podcasts one of Love Productions. iHeart Radio, iHeart Medio, I heart Podcasts. A season gosh, it's season six, episode eleven, The Perfect Dress. I am joined by my bedroom crew.
Speaker 3: I know you have to explain what's happening right now.
Speaker 1: So this is like, okay, So I'm in Columbus, Ohio, because I'm a galaxy con right, and it's eight am, and it's five am California time, where Amy is right, she's in California. Same thing, Susanna, she's in cal She's a Calie girl.
Speaker 3: Four fifty five? Do you set your alarm for? Sz an?
Speaker 4: I actually set mine for four thirty because I had to put some rescure on.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. First of all, you look so normal and good. You have res I set my alarm for four fifty five. At five oh one, Scott called me and he's like, wake up, like he's al cheerio, wake up. We're on And I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, man, I get to I went through security and customs in Toronto to get to my connecting flight which was domestic coming to Columbus, which is on the very other side of the airport. I mean it's as far on the other side of the airport as you can possibly get. Ran run around, had carts, had had all kinds of staff, airport staff helping. It was an amazing It was like mission impossible, ghost protocol or something, and.
Speaker 3: Your life is so tough. We finally a bit seven fifty.
Speaker 1: Who had you get up at seven fifty yesterday? No?
Speaker 2: Yesterday? I what time did you like three am? Ooh I don't like that early flight out of Halifax. Oh yeah, no, no, nobody is who is?
Speaker 1: Who is? Except for Johnson? Somebody else does twenty nine thousand rip curls at this hour.
Speaker 3: So we had jingle Ball last night. So for everyone listening on Monday, this is Saturday. So we just this is two days ago. So there's a reporter, this adorable woman named Colleena, and she works at Channel nine in Los Angeles. I asked her what time do you go to the office, because she does the morning news two thirty in the morning every day, My god, every day. I was like, how do you even do that? Like, what time do you go to bed? If you wake up at two thirty every day six pm maybe seven twelve one to six pm.
Speaker 1: At least six pm, Yeah, six pm, you could do it. You could go to about a six pm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my gosh, Well it was worth it to wake up this hour because of the Perfect Dress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm in bed, Amy's in bed where she is.
Speaker 3: Suzanne looks totally normal because of her mascara.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had to put mascara, and also my husband's in bed, so I couldn't be in bed. Also, so I'm downstairs in the guest room and had to kick the cat out. So she's probably gonna join us at some point.
Speaker 1: All right, let's rock and roll gang.
Speaker 3: So this episode, Oh wait, Susanne, you have to do the synopsis.
Speaker 1: We're all discombobulated here me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody's gonna want to stay tuned because you don't know what's going to happen this episode. Because we're all like, it's in the middle of the night.
Speaker 4: We're probably gonna say some really stupid things. All right. This is a season six episode eleven, The Perfect Dress. It aired on January tenth, two thousand and six. Lorlai finds the Perfect Dress and it sets everything in motion for her. In Luke's wedding day, Rory is back at Yale, but not everyone is happy about her new apartment with Paris and Doyle. Plus, Logan makes a big confession to Rory which makes her feel a little crazy, and Luke confronts Anna Nardini about April.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, a lot in this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a busy episode.
Speaker 3: So I will begin, we will go in order. But it is the perfect dress.
Speaker 4: What you don't like it? I liked the dress that she held up back in season five. I guess it was when Emily was trying on dresses for the vow renewal and loss. Okay, okay, there was a dress she held up in that episode that I thought was perfect, and I think.
Speaker 3: I actually thought she looked stunning. Well, Scott, don't tell us what you thought until we get to that scene, but I thought it was pretty amazing. So the episode starts pretty funny, with Kirk literally in the diner getting up and getting his own coffee, and Luke saying, what in the hell do you think you're doing? And I don't know, that made me laugh, Like that little bit just sort of made me laugh.
Speaker 4: I have read in articles somewhere that that was kind of the inspiration for Amy Sherman Palladino, as she and Dan were on a trip back east somewhere and they were in this little diner and it was that kind of a place where the customers would just get up and serve themselves their own coffee refills, and that was sort of the impetus behind, you know, this whole small town stars hollow thing. So I thought it was a cute little throwback.
Speaker 1: What did you think of yourself, Scott, I thought I quitted myself well as a diner runner. I'm very proud of that betrayal. I find it odd that I didn't rip him a new one the way I did Suki when she went behind my counter.
Speaker 3: I know, but you did rip him, but maybe a little.
Speaker 1: Less, a little less, Luke. Huh.
Speaker 4: It was kind of a kindler jettler.
Speaker 1: Luke, Well, I think he's happier, he's getting married. Yeah, it's like, let it.
Speaker 3: Go, bro, and then they have their moment. Oh, only people you're sleeping with get to come behind the counter.
Speaker 1: Basically, yeah, yeah, it up and I know you exactly.
Speaker 3: So then we get the fun pay off, which at first it took me a second with the girls coming in and they had gone to Atlantic City to do the birthday and that was pretty great because I'm glad they did it.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, leave it to them pick up every kitchy little item and make every quippy, little clever comment about the entire experience. It was just all of Palladino opining about Atlantic City.
Speaker 3: I laughed so hard. We couldn't see journey with the fake for the fake lead singer, or in excess with the fake lead singer settled on.
Speaker 1: It's a great look line to Tony Danza said, I don't know. I think I just kind of rolled my eyes. I said something. I hope somebody can. I can put that up because this is because I do have a Tony dancer story. Actually, kid.
Speaker 3: Talk to me about Tony Danza. I love me, I love Tony Danza.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess I won't tell this story.
Speaker 3: Have you ever worked with Tony Danza?
Speaker 1: No, I never worked. It's just a situation in a nightclub that I kind of got into a thing.
Speaker 3: You're not alone because people have been getting it too in getting into Tony Danza.
Speaker 1: But this was like, this was like nineteen eighty five, and was it the height of Who's the Boss fame? I think it was. Yeah, And there was a place called Carlos and Charlie's on Sunset, which on I think Wednesday nights or Tuesday nights, had a big thing going on upstairs. It was the restaurant down below. But then they had a club upstairs, so everybody went to that, right and Yeah, got into a little sort of standoff. Oh, a little standoff. I like it over twenty bucks iurisode so oh and I got my money?
Speaker 3: Oh good. I think I've said this before when Tony Danza must have come up in pop culture, but I can't help but think of the friends when Phoebe's like, oh, I love the song, the Elton Johns song about Tony Danza, and Rachel's like what She's like, hold me close, young Tony dance.
Speaker 1: But then he went on to do uh he was he became He's a song and dance man.
Speaker 3: Now yeah he's yeah, he's dancing his way.
Speaker 1: Singing and dancing and telling jokes and the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Dancing in New York.
Speaker 1: He's just got to entertain.
Speaker 3: We go from there to I'm pretty happy because I was ready for Rory to go back to school, so we sort of have the moment where she's we realize she's heading back to school, and I think there's a line that Laura Lai says, you're gonna live with Paris in her apartment, so we get that, so you're gonna live with Paris again again.
Speaker 4: Did you guys notice in that scene where they were outside the art that it was clearly filmed either on two different days or in two different locations or something, because Rory was in daylight, but Laurelai looking the other direction, it looked like the fake daylight, like when they shoot it at night and try to light it like it was daytime. But sometimes you can tell it was really weird.
Speaker 3: No, I don't have to.
Speaker 4: I live for that where they're outside the house and they're getting like Rory's putting her stuff in the car and she's getting ready to drive back to Yale and she's going to Paris's house and all that, and.
Speaker 3: She got to see the school psychologist, and you could tell I didn't realize Laurelai was so anti therapy. Obviously she needs to go to the school psychologists, Like, are you kidding me? She stole a yacht and dropped out of school, like no one's been needing a school psychologist more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they all needed psychologist.
Speaker 3: I wonder if they started too late in the day and lost the light.
Speaker 4: It could have been, but it was clearly two different two different shots.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, they'll set up a big white silk screen and then blast some light off it. M you know, there's there are many techniques. I think that's one of them. If yeah, it's getting into dusk and they'll do that to brighten it up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because there was a lot of shadows behind lorele ied, so it looked like it was at night.
Speaker 1: Later.
Speaker 3: Well, not to be a wardrobe litpicker, but I loved Rory's coat, the red coat. I don't know what that's called, like that pattern, but you know that pat, it's it's almost like tweed or I was going to say, I think it's tweed. Yeah, I commented to my husband on it. I thought it was really cute me too. The coat was amazing. They kind of distracted me too much with the blue scarf. You know how they are with scarfs. It's cold, so put a scarf on. That's how we indicate it's winter and starts all out, but I love the coat. I was like, oh, this coat is pretty iconic.
Speaker 1: The reason they do that is because it's one hundred and fifty degrees in Burbank and they got to play winter. So it's like, can I just please just put a little scarf on very same and then and the audience will get it it's winter. But I don't want to sweat all day. You know, it's brutally hot in bird Bank when we're shooting that stuff. Brutally hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually can't imagine having to shoot in a coat in Burbank. Almost anytime, everybody.
Speaker 1: In every town hall meeting, every extra everybody was sweating our brains out in those town hall meetings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for people listening that aren't in California, it's December right now. And if I was wearing even a wool coat like that during the day, I would be the guy. I'm wearing a T shirt during the day. Gets cold at night, a little chillier at night. You could shoot those scenes at night maybe without being miserable, but during the day like this.
Speaker 1: Is this is the sissies they turned you into and acting. They treat you like royalty, and then they make you dress up in winter clothes and gloves and hats and jackets and thermals and go into a tent that's one hundred and twenty degrees in there, and they're paying you gobs of money and you still complain. But it's like, you know, people do this all day every day and they get scott wages and they don't complain. So yeah, yeah, you know what I mean, It's like, just deal with it, bro.
Speaker 3: We got a little glimpse of Paul Ink in the car. I was cue you ever played Paul Anka. It is a good dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a good boy.
Speaker 3: So then the next scene is Suki and Laurai at the diner wedding planning, which we can talk about. It threw me a little that Lane was so mad, but I'm just assuming she's just got like remaining anger from Zach. It's not that Lorali.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: I think she was just still in a funk because they broke up and the band kind of disintegrated.
Speaker 1: So every every time I'm in a scene, and it's not often with Melissa, I always feel the same way. I said, how did a guy like me end up doing a scene like this with somebody like that in a place like that, Yeah, because it's like I'm acting with like one of the big movie stars of the world, right, one of the most talented movie stars of our era. Let's face it, she'll get a star on the Walk of Fame, you know, she's been nominated for Oscars, you know, the whole thing. It's like there, I am exchanging dialogue with her, and it's just it's just really cool to see. That's that's the thing that takes me out of the show and I and I just you're a fan fanboy. It's like, because I'm such a fan and it's like I'm working with her, It's like I worked, but I could tell my grandkids if I live that long, that I worked with Melissa McCarthy on a semi regular basis.
Speaker 3: A very regular basis. I saw an interview I think she did the other day talking about how she was almost thirty and it kind of wasn't happening for her and this show was the career changer for her because it was really the first regular job she'd ever had and she didn't have to ask her parents. I think she said for like twenty four dollars to pay in the electric bill all the time. And yeah, I think it probably is the reason we have the Melissa McCarthy we have is because of this show, because I think she sort of admits she would have gone into She wouldn't have left the entertainment business, but she would have gone into producing, which obviously she does do now. But I don't think we ever would have maybe had the Melissa McCarthy we know.
Speaker 1: And it just makes me a man. It makes me think of how many people like her we didn't get to enjoy, that didn't that gave up that you know, it was like or you know, their circumstances, their family circumstances required them to pull out a Hollywood to come home and take care of your mom, your brother, your dad, your sister, you know, this kind of thing. And it's just, you know, she's the one that was in the circumstances and hung in there, you know, because at thirty and if you started, you know, from the time you were a little kid and you did your high school programs and you did your college programs. It's just such a feel good story. I love the Melissa McCarthy's story. It's a it's a it's a it's an American feel good, stick to it, stick to itiveness, determined, I'm going to make it. I'm not going to quit. And if you're thirty, you've given your your entire twenties to try and to make it in this business and you haven't popped yet. That's courageous to hang in, you know. I mean I was twenty six or twenty seven in baseball and I just screw it, man, I'm not going to waste any more time with this. I gotta start something new because I'm still young enough and have the energy and the termination to relaunch something. You know.
Speaker 3: How long was it for you from going from baseball to actually like being a working.
Speaker 1: Actor you mean Gilmore?
Speaker 3: No, I mean like when did you have Seinfeldt where you were starting to get things that were like, Okay, I'm getting jobs.
Speaker 1: I don't know that probably took jobs to god jobs probably took five years.
Speaker 3: I mean that's a long time.
Speaker 1: No, it took five years to really kind of get you mean, you know, film or TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I feel like, Okay, I'm doing this job.
Speaker 1: I was in New York doing theater, so I wasn't. I was, you know, I was auditioning for stuff and almost getting it. Films and almost getting it, not quite getting it, that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: What's worse almost getting it or not almost getting it?
Speaker 1: Seems almost getting it is not a bad thing. It's a good thing because then people in the casting community know who you are because they all talk.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: If you go in for something really big and really good and classy and you almost get it, it's like, I think that one of the better things that happened in my career, early in my career was I almost got the Mister Blonde browl in Reservoir Dogs, Quentin Tarantino's first film. It came down to Michael Mattz and me right and I was four auditions later. I was crushed. I was absolutely crushed. Went back to New York with my table between my legs. But you know, my teacher was like, Scott, you know this is huge for you. I mean, now your name is being bandied about in the casting community in LA in New York. It's great, said something. Now, something's going to pop now, and it did. So wow. Yeah, So that's it's always good to be in the running. And I'm sure Melissa felt the same way. She was probably getting super close to everything, and that's why it was with Gilmore, I was nailing auditions and just like thinking I was going to get the offer for two solid years before I got Gilmore Girls. Everything I went in on, I was like, I'm going to get this. Yes, of course, the offer's coming. And then something at the last minute. What happened. It's like, well, listen, he did great and blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: But well, I don't want to get ahead of ourselves. But I think there's going to be an interesting conversation coming up about cheryln Fenn, because it's pretty well known she was almost Lowerli, right, I won't get ahead of ourselves, but because I sort of, well, we're gonna get ahead of ourselves. I don't like that she played two parts to like really important roles a lot.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I take all the Cherylyn Finn, I get the same, but I just you know, she's lovely, she's delightful to.
Speaker 3: Yes, except it's for me, yeah, and maybe other people. Suzanne, I guess I want your take the most, and we'll get back on track. But she is in the episode very prominently as Jess's dad's girlfriend. She is that whole episode, and she's very major this isn't like playing a you know, background actor one liner and then she's back again in a completely different role that's really really major. And I get it obviously, because that pilot didn't go they wanted to use sheryln Fenn again recurring, So I get it, but it's a little hard for me where I'm like, that's literally a different person in guilt.
Speaker 1: So that there's something my mom used to advise me on, you know what she'd say to me, and I'll I'll extend this advice to you. Yeah, get over it, thank you.
Speaker 3: Moving on, Susanne, what do you think? What do you say to it?
Speaker 4: Well, I will admit that the first time I saw, like my first viewing of the show, I didn't even realize the actress. I didn't even notice it. It doesn't really bother me because she was one of the major characters in that episode, but she was only in that episode, like, we never saw her again after that, right thing, you know, that full California thing didn't take off, So I think if she had been in more than that one episode, it probably would have been like, well, wait a minute, what's going on here? But since it was just that one isolated episode, that kind of didn't really fit into the rest of the story. It didn't bother me as much, but I.
Speaker 3: Was yeah, look, I mean, I guess you're she can be a new character and it look, it's better that episode than any other because that was sort of a weird You could skip that episode and kind of be fine with you're not missing anything really, And she was.
Speaker 1: Also in the spinoff pilot for Milo and Roberst.
Speaker 3: That's what we're talking about. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's sort of a weird, isolated episode.
Speaker 1: And she was great that she showed She showed her range in that role too, and this.
Speaker 3: Character is very different from that person ish ish But anyway, I may be alone that I'm like, oh, I just wish she would have been only this. And also people hate her. So people really do not like Anna Nardini, which we'll get to well, there'll be a lot to talk about.
Speaker 1: They don't like anything Nargini. They just don't know. Yeah, they don't want Luke's past. And you know what, if God bless these fans, man, they're so protective of Laurelia and that relationship and the Luke Laurelai relationship that it just makes me I don't know. I am honored. I am honored.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So okay, so before we get to Anna, we go to Charland.
Speaker 1: Friend is freaking awesome.
Speaker 3: I know you must have loved working with her. But we'll get to that. We'll get to that love. And she's so cute and she is very Laurelai.
Speaker 4: Ish like you.
Speaker 3: We get why Luke dated her. Mm hmm she was so First we get to Paris' apartment, so I don't know, you guys give your thoughts on the apartment.
Speaker 1: You know when when I my first year in college, I lived in a place like that too, but it was a house. It was a house filled with graduate students.
Speaker 3: And me, it's not even bad that apartment. Why, it's not that bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the apartment was garbage. What are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: It's not that bad.
Speaker 1: It was garbage. It's big, Come on, big, what are you talking about.
Speaker 3: Well, as college apartments.
Speaker 1: Go, already, they had the space, but they it was in a bad area. Man.
Speaker 4: It was like, I would not have been happy if my kid moved in.
Speaker 1: No. Yeah, you know, you know the Willem Dafoe was going to show up and any minute on a motorcycle. The devilish grint. I mean, come on, man, it's like gangs in New York.
Speaker 3: So we do in our house have a dog on a thing, you know, like you know how they had the dog playing the dog on the radio or whatever. They have that radio that has the dog on it. So we have to have that because it scares away bears. So in Tahoe that you have this somehow it sort of knows movement so if like a bear comes towards the window, the dog barks. So I was like, oh god, it's not bigger than That's not that big a deal. I'm okay with that. And Paris is like literally wrestling Doyle. I was just like, what is happening? What is happening? Have you done Krav McGaugh.
Speaker 1: Ever, Nope, I have done many things, but not that.
Speaker 3: Neither Suzanne, have you?
Speaker 4: Oh my gods.
Speaker 3: I still say it's not a bad apartment.
Speaker 1: But I do a couple of deep knee bends. Call it a day.
Speaker 3: There you go, Okay. So then we go to town a town, which all I wanted to do was figure out what town they where? They were in LA.
Speaker 4: I was like, where Montrose, Montrose?
Speaker 3: No way? Random?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I didn't look it up, but I think I remembered that from the past.
Speaker 3: Because it definitely not stars Hollow. It's not a lot. It's like a studio lot. It is they're shooting somewhere. Was it a real wedding dress shop? They went to Suzanne like an actual.
Speaker 4: It looks it looks like it. Yeah, it's a maternity and baby boutique. It looks like I'm trying to read the signe a unique maternity, baby and breastfeeding boutique belly.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's kind of amazing that they decided that was the place to turn into a wedding dress shop. But okay, so you guys do not love the dress. I actually thought that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like the dress. Now we're talking about the dress like it. I thought the dress the.
Speaker 4: Dress, Scott what?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, she still hasn't tried it on yet, so first we just see it and she sees it.
Speaker 1: I think it was perfect for her. I think it fit her personality. It was a little on the riskue side because it showed, you know, back and in arms, but it just still was classy, I thought, and she pulled it off so it had a nice balance to it. And you know that I wasn't acting in that scene when I.
Speaker 3: I believe it. She looks amazing.
Speaker 1: I thought she looked great in that dress. And I totally agreed with the dress. All I'm all in on the dress. Oh yeah, I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it. Okay, So we get the dress and we'll talk about how that Suddenly the wedding's planned and we're done. But first we go to we realized Laane has sort of moved back in home again. M So, what did you all think? She's in a cute hat and she's kind of sort of her mother's daughter for sure, So what did you all think of that?
Speaker 1: I thought she was, you know, it was like her late adolescent rebellion was delayed until her twenties, and she was doing the things that she should have done when she was fifteen and sixteen or whatever, fourteen or and very strong, and I just felt bad for missus Kim being such a caring and obviously overbearing, admittedly overbearing mother. But that's just, you know, that's just how it is. Coming into the United States, a lot of you know, cultures come in and it's kind of terrifying the freedoms that are we take for granted, are scary to people that just move here and it's just like what is going on? Yeah, it's like it's frightening to them, and they want to make sure that their kids are a safe So, you know, I empathize. And she was so back on her heels now and Lane was being so aggressive with her own mother. But it's just a rite of passage. It's just what a child I gets must do. I think we all did it in one form or another. Everybody does, so it's you know, but I think we.
Speaker 3: Can go out of order a little bit and just talk about the payoff from it, so that she's sort of very missus Kim like with the customers. But I was really happy to see that scene that comes a little bit down there down episode where she gets the alcohol out and she know, she sort of acknowledges like you've had your time to sort of mourn this almost says I'm sorry it happened, and like here now we're gonna wash away.
Speaker 1: Our Yeah, but you did you feel that it was almost like an acknowledgment that missus Kim's job was done for all tents and purposes, that she raised a strong, fierce daughter, and now you are my equal you are Yeah, this is the end result of all my efforts. And I have a smart that's interesting, smart, strong, determined daughter who has fire in her belly and a backbone of iron, just like I wanted her to have. And let's drink two shots on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't job there. They had turned a corner from that mother teenage daughter relationship to an adult to adult relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I write a passage, right, yeah, and kind of like yeah, we're we're sort of bonding.
Speaker 1: It's like she doesn't need me anymore in the old sense. She needs a newer version of me. And now we're equals almost and we're friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, almost friends, not quite, but like almost.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: It was just a very sweet moment between those two. It was my favorite moment between those two because it was the sum total of six years of strife and anxiety and here we are and she's actually sitting down partaking two shots of alcohol with her daughter to commemorate the moment, and it's a huge, huge moment in their lives.
Speaker 3: Was finally acknowledging something that her daughter was feeling. Rather than like bossing her daughter, she was sort of saying like I'm going to acknowledge you and and what this is for you.
Speaker 1: But here's here's the really interesting part about it for me is that Elaine was raging at her mother, dictating to her mother with her voice, with her anger, with her force, like she was a she was a little missus Kim. Yeah right. She wasn't married yet, she didn't have a child yet, she hadn't raised a child yet. But now it looked like she was ready to settle down and raise a child because she because now she had the timber. And then Mama Bear reversed and I said Lane can't come down here right now, and reminded her who the boss was, and and Lane got very childlike again and said yes, Mama, and she came. They went and drank. Yeah, so missus Kim's still in control, still the Mama Bear, still more lessons to be learned or to teach Lane, but she's kind of ready to go out in the real world. Yeah, it was beautif, it was beautiful.
Speaker 3: It was beautiful.
Speaker 1: Beautifully for me, that was the most moving scene of the of the episode.
Speaker 3: For sure, and clever for those characters so that it's like we're they're evolving. We're not just like keeping up.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, beautiful beats in that scene.
Speaker 4: Because if you were, it was there was finally some satisfaction in that relationship like that we've been waiting for for six years. And I I thought it was really well done how they were really communicating with actions and there wasn't a lot of dialogue between the two of them, but you could see the whole doing the shots was a conciliatory gesture from missus Kim that I thought was it was just really well done because it communicated so much without dialogue. I thought it was great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's talk about Logan. So we have the first Logan sighting at the coffee cart he's waiting for and she just bails him. She's just now. So she's sort of walking with that professor, really trying to get in that class, and then Logan and she's just now, I'm happy he's back. Look, I am, it's out.
Speaker 1: You got to have some matty sure in your day, you know, for sure, you know terrified doctors actually recommend her.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you, I do. So then we have that blip and then we now kind of find out that the wedding is planned. She found the dress. It all fell into place that she's got the invites, she's got the RSVP list handled, she's got the church, she's got Pastor Todd, she's got the carousel. We're done. And then it starts snowing, which was a sign. So I don't know, it's like it's all too good to be true, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I have to give a shout out to June third because June third was also Rory's court date, so there's a lot of discussion about why is June third so important too.
Speaker 3: That's interesting.
Speaker 4: So one year French for the Wind and what I've read, I don't know that this is true or not, but what I've read is that June third was hell knowledge.
Speaker 3: Wait what was June third?
Speaker 4: Was what Helen Pye's birthday? One of the producers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like like there's there's Amy and then there's Helen Pie and Helen Pie and Amy are interchangeable. Oh wow, they both talk fast, they both have all this hyped up energy. To be around Amy is one thing, but to be around Amy and Helen Pie at the same time, it's like it's like, you.
Speaker 3: Know, so I've never heard this name before.
Speaker 1: Oh, Helen Pie.
Speaker 3: One of the executive producers.
Speaker 1: Helen Pie is a legend. She's She's a total legend. And her husband, I believe. Wait a minute, let me. I'm gonna Susanne French. You're right now, I'm gonna drop an.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: Her husband's name, I believe, and I could be wrong.
Speaker 4: It's David, Oh my gosh, yes, job Scott.
Speaker 3: My god.
Speaker 4: And one one more fun fact. If you rearrange Helen Pye the letters in her name, you get hep Alien.
Speaker 1: That's French again.
Speaker 3: These are what we call easter eggs, right like, these are sort of little easter eggs. I love it, alright, alright, juicy, Helen's beautiful. So before we get to more logan, we do have the scene in the newsroom. Paris is bossy. She's given out beats World. According to Doyle.
Speaker 1: I think you know, if Amy and Helen Pye went on tour together, they could sell out arenas are They just give him a couple of microphones and just like let them do their thing on stage. I don't even have to have an act. They just talk. It's hysterical. You should see these two. It's hysterical.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to see what Helen Pie. What are the shows she's done.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think she was Amy.
Speaker 3: So she works with the Palladinos on she probably works on bun heads too.
Speaker 1: Oh. I think she's yeah, she's uh uh huh. Yeah.
Speaker 3: All right. So Logan is back at the paper, which I'm happy about, and I thought that was kind of funny. Paris sort of barking at him and he's leaning back to see if he sees Rory and he just hear her voice.
Speaker 1: I really I like that scene. I liked Maddie in that scene because because it's just like he's dealt with this level of anger and you know, hey, you're a loser, get your act together kind of stuff from his dad. It was just like getting it from her.
Speaker 3: She's pretty funny. Keep your personal stuff at home. We want to talk about your future. And he just does the lean back from the and we don't even see Paris at that point, like we're only here. That's a good scene.
Speaker 4: I had a tiny flag on that scene at the beginning when I can't remember exactly how it came up, but I think she was handing out the beats and she said something to Rory about you know your boyfriend, and Rory told Paris were not together anymore. I thought it was weird that Paris wouldn't have already known that they weren't, because it's been like six or eight weeks since they broke up, and now Rory and Paris are living in the same apartment, Like, how how would they not have had a conversation about that in that whole wind.
Speaker 3: I fully get it, but also knowing Rory and how nuts Paris is, I also could see them not talking.
Speaker 1: About it, right me too?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I guess, I guess I have to pick up the probably not come up? How did she not notice that Logan wasn't around or was never missed?
Speaker 3: She doesn't notice that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: I just think Paris is so obsessed with her own path. Yes, she in her little world and building her empire and her her trajectory. She's she's not fully a friend yet in a in a real sense where she would she would ask, you know exactly where she would she would look beyond her own nose and empathize with anything that that Rory's going through, would ask about it. How you feel?
Speaker 3: I agree that.
Speaker 4: It was just one of those weird little things that kind of it.
Speaker 3: Is weird if it was like Blaine. But Paris and Rory are best friends who like don't talk about anything, best friendly, right, yeah, like doesn't.
Speaker 1: Rory doesn't have those expectations of Paris that she's going to be close close girlfriends with her and share share.
Speaker 3: That's not because she has Laine and her mom. Now Paris shares more with Rory because she doesn't have anybody else.
Speaker 1: Right, But it's but it's a one way street.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly, so okay. So then Lourlai comes to the apartment and just the no no no no no, no, no no no. There's a lot of news there, which all right, so okay. So then we skip to they're still at school but eating the fries, and we do get the line from Loralai like that apartment is a hard no called daddy, which is like because now that Christopher has money, she can't make him pay. And then they talk about the wedding and she sort of says but.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, wait a minute. Also, Rory and Laura I may have had a missus Kim Lane Kim taking a shot moment with the French fries representing the shots where Rory is asserting her independence by placing herself in a sort of a dangerous situation in a bad neighborhood. But she's making that decision.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, good call out, and does say that.
Speaker 1: Overruled her mom with all the noes. No, you're not getting your way. I'm my own person and you have to let me be my own person.
Speaker 3: Good note, she does, And I did. I sort of was happy to see that.
Speaker 4: And there's maybe also an underlying current of if Laura I doesn't let Rory have this, though, Rory will run her way again. So there may you know.
Speaker 1: And and Rory's developing this this tough exterior now, like she's telling Logan to go, yeahy a kite, she's stolen a yacht. She's hey, back off each your French fries. Dummy up, I'm staying in the bad apartment. You know, don't worry about it. I got this, you know. Trust. So she's neat, So it's good, it's good.
Speaker 3: It is good. Yeah. So then and then they sort of talk about the they're eating their fries barely a bite, which I did notice, like a tiny little bite to eat her. And then they talk about how Lorelai has not had this sort of freak out, this freakout circle and marriage isn't too easy and this is all too easy, and kind of you know, Rory started talking her off the ledge a little bit.
Speaker 1: H well, you know, so you know, looking over her shoulder, I mean, turn into a pillar assault.
Speaker 4: More of my self sabotages a lot, and so I think she was realizing that and kind of wondering like, wait, why am I not sabotaging myself?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Hang on, after the Fries we meet Anna Nardini, So now we get to it, we get to to Luke going to Anna's. So I mean, this is sort of some really big scenes for you, Scott, both of them with this situation.
Speaker 1: You know what I liked about that scene. I liked that it showed that we did have a full relationship at one point and that we still we agnote that if things don't work out with the self sabotager that we know and love is Laurelai. That maybe and I think that's maybe what the fans were reacting to, Like Chryl and Fann, she's fantastic. Oh god, now look and laurel I are jeopardized because she's fantastic. He could go back to her and this she's and Laurel I is self sabotaging and the whole thing, so that, you know, the panic setting. I get it. So we got to play that like, like, let's keep that open the possibility we don't hate each other. Right, Well, we got to be respectful. She's got to be respectful in my relationships. I've got to be obviously, you know, I'm in love with Laurel I. This whole thing. Well, and she can't show too much feeling, but I gotta show a little feeling.
Speaker 3: She's quirky. We see that in her we see that in her house. She's so cute, she's so pretty. She looks like Loralai, like there's a lot there that's sort of like, look, she's really not bad. I sort of like her, but I don't want.
Speaker 1: To like her. Yeah, you gotta like her.
Speaker 3: You got sort of, although I still don't get why she didn't tell him. We don't really get a satisfactory answer there. She does say she's she's sorry.
Speaker 1: Let me, can I ask you something? And this is going to sound a little you know far afield, h do you think that mate is there? Has have you guys ever seen a theory posted in the chatwomsor online Gillmore World where people thought that Luke didn't tell Laurel I about April because he also knew what Suzanne pointed out, that Laurele I can sabotage any situation. I want to speak, I want to speak negatively about Laurel I really don't. But given how many times he's been through the mill with her, without their guys, without the situation, that delay here, this and that things not the stars not aligning seemingly all the time between these two, that is there a fan theory that Luke didn't tell her because he was keeping his options open because if it didn't work out with Laurel I, maybe he's got a kid, Maybe he's going to head back and be with it. Anna.
Speaker 3: What's your take on that, Suzanne, I've never seen that.
Speaker 1: I never seen it. Just don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't think that's really I mean that doesn't mean that nobody thinks it, but it's it's not like an overarching theory. I always just saw it more like he was so confused by it himself internally that he had to work through that before layering on how Laurela I was going to feel about it.
Speaker 1: But wait a minute, wait a minute, what about how he felt about it?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: What about how Luke felt about it?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: And that's his that's potentially his family. Do you think there was any part of him that said, oh, gosh, you know, maybe I should delay the wedding. I have a family. I have, Yes, I have. Maybe I get back. Maybe there's a scenario who thought about where I get back with April and we raise up this daughter because she's only twelve, we got six more years before she goes up, five more years.
Speaker 4: I think that.
Speaker 1: I think you can think he as a man or somebody who who maybe feels this oh weighty responsibility to return and take on the responsibility and be that guy like, hey, Anna, I want to let's get get back together. I want to raise up this child, a child that's a big deal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think he definitely. I think he definitely felt a responsibility towards April and wanted to have a religionship people. I don't think he ever contemps getting back together with Anna.
Speaker 3: I think so too. I think it's what I think, it's what you said, and that he needs a minute. This is very overwhelming for him, and he does feel like this sense of obligation and wanting to be a part of all her life. I also think he's terrified that it could ruin this thing that he's wanted for so long that's finally happening. And I think that they acknowledge that a little bit. First of all, Sherilyn Fenn is so cool, her outfits cool, her house is school, everything about her is cool so far. But she says, are you happy? And he says yes, and she says me too, So you kind of get this acknowledgement. Like I don't even get a flirt with them. I just get that like he wants to do the right thing and he's trying to figure out what is that right?
Speaker 4: And we know, oh, because remember back when he had that conversation with Liz, he told her he didn't want this to ruin his relationship with Laurea Isaac. We got a good thing going here. I don't want to mess it up. And Liz told him, she said, it's not gonna mess anything up unless you let it. So that was like some foreshadowing there that you know, Luke was concerned about how this was going to affect his relationship with Laureli, but I think that was only in the setting of April and not really related to Anna.
Speaker 3: Someone on our Instagram did make an interesting point, being that anyone in a very serious relationship would have immediately told their significant other some girl came into the diner today and plucked my hair out. Yes, Yeah, which I thought was like, Oh, that's sort of true. That's like I almost think he had a moment there where he could have brought Lorelion. Now it's a little trickier because he's sort of trying to figure out where he's at with all of it, But I think the right move, easier move would have been tell her from the start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think. Okay, So this goes back to how much he trusts Laurla to follow through on the wedding.
Speaker 4: M hm.
Speaker 1: Does he really believe it's going to happen? I know he's hopeful and he's happy, but does he really believe it and his options open with Anna and April.
Speaker 3: I'm more on the take of he's so nervous something's going to mess it up and this is so major that he's just like, oh.
Speaker 1: Man, right now, I'm going to mess it up. I'm going to be I'm the sabotager.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think she's still completely devoted to Laura I and he's just confused by this new development and how.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't he tell her?
Speaker 4: He said he needed a minute, he just needed to process it. And then you know, then she's shows up wearing the running dress, and so now that's not the right. Something always happens that prevents him from telling her, And then it gets to the point where the longer it goes on, the harder it is to say something, because obviously the question is going to be, well, why didn't you tell me before? And it just kind of snowballs from there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think on a conscious level it is his fear of losing her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, yes, I think so too. He's just he doesn't want to be the one to rock this boat.
Speaker 1: Or he's in over his head. He knows that, you.
Speaker 3: Know, and maybe even a little bit like she's been like.
Speaker 1: Come up, guess like being at a horse. Come on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she's been through she get there, exactly, She's been through a lot too, right, But she's been through this whole situation with Rory, right, and he doesn't want to be another thing that causes her pain and stress.
Speaker 4: Right, it's like Rory's back. We're finally getting things on track. I don't want to be the one to mess.
Speaker 3: This upright, So okay, So now we have a very pivotal scene with Logan at the apartment and he says, you can't live here. She's kind of acknowledged you broke up with me through your sister. She says it was a fight. People fight, and he says, I love you, and it's just like, oh my goodness, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very desperate move, wrong time, sad for him.
Speaker 3: I mean, but he sort of gotta do it.
Speaker 1: Oh it's not the right time. He uh. He went from sublime to ridiculous. I'm sorry, you just lost the whole. You know. He was a cool, alluring dude, had all the cards. Now he's got none of them.
Speaker 3: What does Suzanne the tiebreaker say? Because I wasn't mad at Logan here.
Speaker 4: I thought it was a little over the top, almost like it went from zero communication to just trying, you know, like confronting her.
Speaker 1: Can't break come on, I thought, But that's what young guys do, and they're in bad situations. And they know they've blown it and they're about to lose or have already lost, like the one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean maybe. I mean Logan he's had his typical relationship pattern is not monogamy, right, He like doesn't have these these long term quality relationships, and so this is this is new territory for him. So I mean, I do kind of see that perspective. But at the same time, neither one of them communicated with the other, and so clearly they had two different understandings of what was happening. And so rather than I just wish they had kind of discussed it more, I don't know, maybe that might be expecting too much from twenty one year olds or she was twenty one, he was older.
Speaker 3: But it felt Yeah, I'm glad you said. It felt kind of collegey to me, and I wasn't mad about it. That is what a college guy does. It's like they are in college and he's over there, and I wasn't mad about it. I more have a flag on the next scene with the therapist. So I want to see what you guys say.
Speaker 1: But it's a write a passage for all young men to get the Matza ball in the face after you know, you deliver and I love you and it just hangs out there and it's not returned. So that was his so we got to see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, true, true, she's being fairly sort of tough with him, but we learn in the therapist's office she's totally unhinged. Now I have a question about that scene. But first you guys, say what you thought of that scene.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a therapist. I thought it was some of Alexis's finest moments as an actress on that show.
Speaker 3: Really, I have so the opposite.
Speaker 1: Take, thank you, thank you. I don't like that.
Speaker 3: I don't like the scene at all because it just feels so fake. So I have an acting question for you.
Speaker 1: Scott, but it yes, go ahead, sorry, So.
Speaker 3: Because this is like Gilmore Girls, right, yes, and it's Gilmore Girls. Is a is a comedy drama to me? Okay, comedy first.
Speaker 1: I know what you're gonna ask me, And yes, it did skew comedy okay, yeah, yeah, And that's what I so appreciated about it, because it showed a real ability on Alexis's part to understand that this was a comedic moment. Yes, okay, this is not a dramatic moment. This is a comedic moment, okay. And she'd made all of the right choices the entire scene. It was impressive to.
Speaker 3: Watch, Okay, So that helps me a lot because I was I was sort of aware of that, like I'm watching this expecting this to be.
Speaker 1: You know what's a very supposed to laugh.
Speaker 3: Right, like I wanted it to be. Like, I can't think of some very dramatic.
Speaker 1: Who no, come on, that would have dragged the whole episode down into like you know exactly, so we're not doing Tolstoy or sol Janison for let's sake.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're answering my question perfectly, because say, as an actor, you get that scene right, So you just get that script for the scene, right. Do you play it differently if it's for Gilmore Girls as opposed to again, I can't think of like some very serious drama.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you play it different. It's a different tone, it's a different style. And it was discussed, all discussed beforehand, and the director talking and Amy and the a Lexus are talking. Listen the tone of this scene, YadA YadA, YadA, right, and she nailed it. She hit it part.
Speaker 3: It was perfect all right, fair, because I, for some reason, when I wanted it to be my god, why can I not think of any like huge drama Gray's anatomy.
Speaker 1: Let's just say, right, I, it's not that.
Speaker 3: It's okay, it's supposed to be that.
Speaker 1: It sets in the city light light in the light light light, comedic.
Speaker 3: There more sitcomy, almost like it felt like it was to be funny, which is why I was like, this scene is two fake?
Speaker 1: It was. It was intense, it was fast paced, it was comedic. I thought she handled it beautifully. I was so impressed.
Speaker 3: All right, fair that change? Does that change your take on it?
Speaker 4: It does? I I thought it was humorous, but not necessarily funny.
Speaker 3: It fell campy, and it fell campy to me, a fake.
Speaker 1: It was supposed to be.
Speaker 4: It was funny when she had like one tissue and she's got like forty tissues and that was funny.
Speaker 1: But that's it was supposed to be campy. It was supposed to be right.
Speaker 3: But I would maybe like to see it be be serious.
Speaker 1: That's a different cha.
Speaker 5: I kind of agree that you should tune into Sullivan's crossing. Yeah, okay, okay, that's all it is. Yeah, yeah, okay, it's like tears are flowing.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: So we sort of talked about the scene with Lane and her mom obviously very much talked about it. So we now get Lorelei in her room getting the call from Rory. Guess who's crazy? You know, by the way, her room does look amazing. But they sort of have this talk about doctor Shapiro and how she exploded, and I really liked that Loralai paid no attention to any of that, but wanted to know if she believed Logan do.
Speaker 4: You believe them?
Speaker 3: So I thought I thought I liked that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought that was a good moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we learned that Rory's going back to therapy what she needs to and oh my gosh, I don't even need best lines because when she says blame it on Grandma, that was awesome. So and I love her. I love her room. So, oh, I think we have the moment where is the scene where Luke gets with Kerr to try and find the signal the Wi Fi and we're like, what are they doing? And because he wanted to see her website.
Speaker 4: That's right after the therapy session.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, So we're right sort of in there with that, and then we get the scene with Anna again and he says, you know, you should have told me, and I want to know my daughter, and this is you know, like's like me.
Speaker 1: You know, having a kid is one thing, and being there for that child it's everything. Yeah, and to find out, you know, you have to imagine you find out you have a child twelve years after the fact, Oh my gosh, it's just got to spin your brain around a few times. Like, boy, yeah, you know, it was probably just frozen, couldn't make a decision on what to do. Well, you guys are totally right. He's still processing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean if he always spends your roll around like everything.
Speaker 1: Now you know how that's that could blow up the entire relationship. I can't. I can't be hard on my guy.
Speaker 3: With fans hate for this whole situation, I do think they're not giving the situation enough credit. Like, come on, this guy just realizes he has a kid, Like, who knows how to handle that? So maybe don't handle it well, but like that's why you know what to handle that.
Speaker 1: But define handling it well. He goes to Laurel I as soon as he finds out she pulls the hair out of his head. She goes off to du the DNA test. He goes to Laurel I. He's effectively in his mind ending the relationship by telling her right right, kid, And that's that's what you know. A certain percentage of people who are in serious relationships thinks he should have done right.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So long term, he's the good guy who copped to it right away and didn't withhold, But he loses the relationship potential. He's really but it comes down to a question of trust and respect. Trust in your partner that she's going to make the right decision, and respect that you did that, and that you gave her the benefit of the doubt, and you gave her the power of the having the information to decide, because it's her life too, and she deserves that information. So I see both sides. She deserves that information to process it herself, because that's a bomb in her life, to personally and to the relationship. But at least he gave her the respect to make the decision. She want to continue with this? Does she want to process? If our love is truly real, then she'll process it. It might take a day, it might take a week, whatever, it might cause an upset a delay in the wedding, but she'll come back to me because I know she loves me, and I know I want her to trust me, and this is a big trust thing. So I see both sons.
Speaker 3: I do too, because I also see this is the most overwhelming, unbelievable, shocking, life altering news where Luke has all these complex feelings too, like should I have known? Why didn't she tell me? I'm sure you've got sadness, anger, shock, just bewilderment, like you don't know what to do? And Joy, that's right exactly, Joy.
Speaker 1: I have a charge, not really, but I think.
Speaker 3: Not letting Luke have his experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's wrong with me that that Anna didn't tell me? Right? Right? Right?
Speaker 3: Scott? You make such a good point there. What's wrong with me that she didn't tell me? Because you get you would totally be self conscious, like am I not good enough to be a father? Is that why this woman would have rather done this on her own? It's not like you are a one night stand, right Like she knows you, so she made a conscious choice to not tell you, which is a ass move by the way, in my opinion, she should have told him immediately that's like so gnarly. But as the Luke, you would feel like, am I not what's wrong with me? That she didn't think I could be a dad. She'd rather do it on her own than do it with me, And that would mess you up so bad.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, like that's when you would turn to your current partner for support. I if you're in a trusting relationship like that, then the plan is that the two of you would face any obstacle together.
Speaker 3: We can I throw out one. And you know, I love Loralai more than anybody on the planet, well or equal to many people on the planet. But I love Lorlai, right, But this is a harsh thing to say. Maybe subconsciously this is not really to say, I admit it. People might get mad. Maybe he knows that Laura I sometimes tends to make things about loral And truly this isn't about Lorelai, Like this should just be about Luke. And maybe Loralai would do the right thing and be fully supportive of just whatever Luke needs. But maybe she would make this about her. It's not crazy to say she sometimes does that.
Speaker 1: Interesting interesting point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, I mean.
Speaker 1: That's why they call this in the business a complication because it is complex. It's really complex. Yeah, and we're just scratching the surface here. You know. It's wow.
Speaker 4: I think statistically speaking, she would have been more likely to be supportive of Luke and to try to help him through it than to make it about her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I agree with you. Maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I feel like his fear that this would break them up was unfounded. I don't think it would have broken them up.
Speaker 1: I think, well, I tell you, you know, there's nothing more boring than perfect people.
Speaker 3: Exactly. That's Scott. I was just about to say, for everybody that sort of gives this storyline grief, I think it's so meaty, and I think it was with all good intentions that the creators gave us this because so meaty. It's so it's like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: They acknowledge that flawed characters and flowed personalities are far more interesting to watch on television.
Speaker 3: Totally.
Speaker 1: You know, a bunch of perfect people behaving. It's like everybody does the right thing all the time, like click, and I don't it don't make sure about people like that.
Speaker 3: I'm not a Season six hater. I'm just not.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I'm not yet. I'm waiting, you know, because.
Speaker 3: It's like I don't expect him to do the right thing. Also, all the time, this guy doesn't always he never does the bad thing, but he doesn't do the right thing with all good intentions. He just messes it up.
Speaker 1: Because I think I listen, I think the power and the complexity of the Luke and Lorelei relationship is so aspirational for the fans, and it is presented in I mean, the whole thing is such a tease for so long, and that it is so fraught with danger, and the fans have gone through all of these vicariously because they've gone through it themselves in their lives, and they really want this to work out. They're so invested in it, so they kind of maybe forget that these are flawed people and this thing could blow up up in our faces. And I think the Palladinos are brilliant in the sense that, you know, they toy with people the way they toy with the people's emotions by throwing in these complications, and I think they always knew, like, listen, there's going to be an inn and Nardinia there's going to be a kid. The fans are going to hate them, like aspirational the Luke and laurel our relationship isn't how devoted the fans are to this relationship. Ye that we must, we must drop a little fly in the ointment here, if you will.
Speaker 3: So it makes me laugh because there's this video that I think it's kind of floating around TikTok. It's a blooper ish between you and Lauren. So there's a scene I think it's way back on the bench. You're having a conversation. I don't know if you've seen this, Suzanne.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: He sort of messes up and says I love you, and you know, they giggle, giggle, and Scott says something funny like, oh, he's showing your feelings whatever, and she says something like and the show would be over. And it's like, you guys like literally acknowledge that if there's no bumps in the road, there is no show. This is The show is watching these two people navigate complications.
Speaker 1: You know what. I think this is at its core. I think that this is and they can't show it on this show because it's a family show. I think that these two are wildly attracted to Na.
Speaker 3: Laura, not Anna, right.
Speaker 1: I think that Luke and Laurelai are wildly attracted to one another, and they are both of them are are living in a state of high anxiety and need for that chemistry, chemistry and energy to have it more than they have been able to have it, right, to consummate, to enjoy each other. And there's a lot of because I think maybe deep down they both know that there's a lot working against them in this relationship. She's from a certain class, he's from another class. You know what I'm saying. But it's a kind of a it's it's it's it's Romeo and Juliet, and it's this it's the sexual tension between these two characters is so incendiary that it causes all of this anxiety all of the time from both parties. And I think any complications, their hesitations are going to be met with the fear of losing this connection, because I think it is so powerful and so magnetic yea, that they would be ruined if they couldn't have each other or they you know, they eventually get over and deal with it, but it always be in the back of their minds, and they'd always want to be with each other and get back together with one another.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's an interesting take you're sort of saying. It wasn't like, oh no, we're going to ruin the friendship.
Speaker 1: It's a little bitship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get that. I don't think that there's something to what you're saying.
Speaker 1: It's a about ruining the opportunity to turn the lights down the Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get that. The like sort of more just this intense connection.
Speaker 1: I think it's a very it's a very intense connection. We got to keep that in my mind, Yeah, because that makes people. That makes people a little nutty.
Speaker 3: That's right, and maybe making Luke especially sort of making these decisions that aren't just the most logical, right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So we sort of end with he's going to tell her, He's coming back to tell her, right, and he wants her to come downstairs so he can tell her. And then she's in the dress, right, and you can't tell her. I get it. He can't tell her.
Speaker 1: And he looked like and Luke looked like he wanted to eat her right then and there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean right, he can't he can't do the right thing because he's doing the right thing in that moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, because because there are times in this show you got to ask yourself, why in the heck is she hanging with us? Dude, and vice versa.
Speaker 3: I never asked. I never asked. I don't never ask I never asked that you might be alone because I think there's nothing more us for the reason.
Speaker 1: That's the reason the chemistry is so powerful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shout out to Judy Bloom and Deini. But also what is what do you guys get? I mean, give your favorite lines. I gave mine if you want, and then we need to like rate this.
Speaker 4: Ah okay. My favorite line was back at the beginning of the episode when they walk in from going to Atlantic City and Luke mentions that he's been going to bed at ten fifteen and Laureland calls him Grandpa.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Mine is the Tony dancing line. Whatever I said, I don't know what I said, because you know, again, it just demonstrates the Pallatinos weird knowledge of your life going back and I never told that story. It's a long listen. I gave you the annotated version, but it's like, this is a long drawn out story and it's a great story. And look, I have the utmost respect for Tony Dance. I'm not trying to but back in the day, you know, there was a little almost a little dust up over money. So you know, it just something that happens to certain people when they're in Los Angeles. That's all I can say. I like it, but I like that line because it's like, how did Amy and Dann know that? And it just it can't be a coincidence. You know, all of a sudden he's in this Tony Dances in script and then look kind of like this is them a little bit, and it's the sight. It's just wild. That's why it is. All right, what's the So what do I give it?
Speaker 3: I give it, give it?
Speaker 1: What's the measure?
Speaker 3: Well, I can't decide if I want to give it fries krav Magaw or fake journeys in the words of I think Andy Cohen, journeys without a lead singer. Let's go with journeys without Steve Perry. Uh eight point seven? Eight point seven?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, So so I'll give it eight point five wedding dresses.
Speaker 6: Oh good boy, we're in the eights huh yeah, it's yeah, solid, but not my favorite. Yeah, yeah, I think I enjoyed it a little more.
Speaker 3: Y'all, and call it as you see it.
Speaker 1: I'm done, right, Do I have error not.
Speaker 3: Give us what you got? I?
Speaker 7: Uh well, uh, I don't want to part too much from my colleagues, but I enjoyed this very much.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give it. Uh, I'm going to give it a nine point one eight seven. All right, all right, nine point one eight seven. Tony Danzel cap shoots good stuff, good stuff. Everybody don't know.
Speaker 3: Do we even know?
Speaker 1: We don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm because we don't. Oh, thank you, Susan. Did you just do that? Produce her today? Because we don't have we don't have our normal team. Wait, Susanne, what is the next week?
Speaker 1: Episode twelve? Season six is entitled just.
Speaker 4: Like Gwen and Gavin?
Speaker 3: Oh and ouch ouch because we'll.
Speaker 6: Episode yeah, okay, all right, all right, anyway, have fun.
Speaker 3: At your convention, Scott. Maybe people have seen you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's gonna be uh, it's gonna be a big shoe, big shoe. I love you guys, best fans on the planet, and we'll see you next time. Stay safe, everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at i Am all In Podcast, and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com