Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Happy, top of the week, top of the top, another week, another pod, you, sir, Happy, Women's Month.
Speaker 1: Is Women's month, Women's Day. It was Women's Day? Right, was it Women's Month?
Speaker 2: I was looking at the marriage.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm heterosexual. Socialis Women's month.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that. Calm down.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just saying every day every month is Women's month.
Speaker 3: Well, happy, but lated International Women's Day to me?
Speaker 1: Of course, that's what it is, International Women's Day.
Speaker 2: But isn't March Women's Month as well? So there's Women's Day in women's.
Speaker 1: MOUs Women's month because Valentine's Day.
Speaker 3: Obviously, no women's Women's History months the March International women Day. Yes, Women's History Month is March like Black History Month. But Women's History Month is March. International Women's Day was the other day when y'all didn't wish it to.
Speaker 1: Me, we weren't with you. We're supposed to like call you and.
Speaker 3: Text you, y'all text everything else in the group chat.
Speaker 1: I've never texted Happy International Women's Day in a group chat in my life.
Speaker 2: You know, next year could be I've never mayby solo text you.
Speaker 1: I've never No, I've never texted anyone happy International Women's Day.
Speaker 2: Well I don't see it on Google calendar here, so you should blame them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then it was Daylight Saving so it was kind of like, yeah.
Speaker 2: It was all out of whack at one hour.
Speaker 1: Threw everything off. Everything is completely out of control.
Speaker 2: And they got rid of the d I shit, So you know, yeah, is it even a day?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know what day it is.
Speaker 2: I can hear you humming over.
Speaker 1: Somebody told me the new year starts in March. I'm totally confused. Just everything I was told as.
Speaker 3: A kid, spring starts, that's spring, and airy season is technically the beginning of the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well I've seen those YouTube conspiracy rabbit holes of like when the calendar year really starts. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on anymore.
Speaker 2: To simulation, I know, the first is every month.
Speaker 1: This is what I do know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know in this neighborhood they celebrated New Year's Eve at different time. So it's really confused.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what's going on anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're here.
Speaker 1: But whatever you believe in, you know, congrats, yeah, and good luck.
Speaker 2: Congrats congrats on International.
Speaker 1: Women congrats on you know, International Women's Day, Women's History Month. Celebrate that, celebrate women in their history.
Speaker 2: We appreciate all that women have done for us, including birth.
Speaker 1: Us, and continue to do this for us. Thank you, this Earth.
Speaker 2: You guys are awesome.
Speaker 1: I think the great James Brown said it's a man's world, but it would be nothing without a woman.
Speaker 2: He said a lot of things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said a lot.
Speaker 2: You want to continue on with more things, but he said yeah he did.
Speaker 1: He said a lot and did a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, how was your weekend?
Speaker 1: Weekend was good man?
Speaker 2: Where you got crazy in the streets. That's what I was told. I got crazy. Yeah, I love a little text message that you was outside.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I was outside. That was definitely Oh I just made that up. Look at I caught him. No, I was outside, but I wasn't like outside. Well, it was a little bit outside. I went to the I went to the Catholic High School Championship game at Fordham University. Oh fire, it was at Sunday. It was. It was against Saint Rais and Stepping Act.
Speaker 2: Okay, not much has changed. Getting raised is still sat race?
Speaker 1: Well? No, this is the Samet race. First time in the championship about probably thirteen years. Really yeah, so it was like their first time in the championship about thirteen years. Stepping Act has been dominating. They this is their third straight Catholic high school championship. It was a really good game. Saint race had it. Man, it was up six with like a minute ten seconds left in the fourth quarter. Gave up a three and they came back down and got an a one on the layup tied. The game went into overtime and they Stepping Act was able to win it overtime. But shout out to Saint Ray's shout out to my to my guy beach Stares, his son, Brandon stores juniors now the all time I'm leading scorer at Saint Raymonds. So you know, it was good. I was hoping they wanted, you know. And he ended his high school career with a championship, but they lost by two. But he still had a great high school career. He's on the Georgia tech Man, so good luck to him. Shout out to shout out to my family, beat stars in his entire family.
Speaker 2: Did you see any It's gonna sound crazy, any young men you wanted to invest in you know, like all the drug dealers find the basketball player, guide them so they can eventually extort them. Did you say, did you say any potential talent out there? Oh, it was a lot of talent, man, There was a lot of good kids. Theo Ratliff's sons they played for Stepping Act. They're probably about seven feet already. Oh my god, I'm getting there. I think the Ratlef's son is in high school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're both like seven feet tall. Of course I think they're junior. So that whole Stepping Act team I think is coming back again there. I don't think they had any seniors. I think they made maybe maybe one sediear. But yeah, they've been dominating. They've been dominating the Catholic High School League. It's usually Stepping At and Christ the King in the championship, but this year Saint Ray was able to make it. But they just felt a little short, but it was. It was a good game. And then we went out. I went uptown. They had me doing things I really don't do no more.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I went to all I went to like two spots I haven't been to in probably seven years. It was Hookah. It was TVs with the games on. It was bottles of champagne coming. I was like, I have not been outside in New York City like that in a long time. But it was cool to catch up with some of my homies that I haven't seen in a while.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, we gotta I gotta hit loy On and see see what's up with the bill? How many sparkles you had cent your way?
Speaker 1: No, I was literally the first spot we went to. We was in there for no. I was in there for like ten minutes and then a fight broke out and everybody tried running out the front and I looked at my man. I was like, I'm hot, let I don't even do that as soon as I'm in the spot and it starts getting shaken and I'm only there for ten minutes. And my thing is it was probably four point thirty.
Speaker 2: In the morning.
Speaker 1: No, it's like like five o'clock in the evening. Yeah. Yeah, but I'm just like, who was fighting at five o'clock inside of a lamp? I was like, who's doing that?
Speaker 2: I mean, Daylight Savings hadn't happened yet, so it's getting a little dark. It was on Sunday. Yeah, I got statued. Yeah, it's kind of whild.
Speaker 1: It's five o'clock sunshine, a nice day out, and you who's fighting at five o'clock.
Speaker 2: Some of those hookah spots, especially like the hole in the wall ones, it can't get darkened there even during the day.
Speaker 1: So this wasn't a hole in the war. This is like a known spot.
Speaker 2: Uptown when when fights break out in those spots and I'm more in the back, I think it's safer to just duck under it table like a pussy and let everyone. Oh no, I trying to get out that. Oh no, I'm just gonna go down.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Me and my boy was in the back, and as soon as it calmed down.
Speaker 2: In the front trampled and then shot.
Speaker 1: No, we left. We had it. As soon as it calmed down, everything cool outside, we out of here, and we left and went and got some meat, and I was home by eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was my dad's birthday on Saturday. H He drove up in the camper, saw the camper for the first time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's possible. So now I got to ask dad. I got to ask how's dad and the camper?
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean that's all he talked about the entire time. But yeah, it's great. I mean, I see why he got it. He's on his way now, he's doing the whole East coast. Then I think he's gonna bust a right at New Orleans and go all the way west and up and back. So he's just gonna do like a square.
Speaker 1: He gonna do like a loopy loop. Yeah, okay, so I'm going up all the way up to Seattle Portland area.
Speaker 2: Maybe, Yeah, I'm sure. I'm sure he'll do that. I'm connecting with LEXI.
Speaker 1: Is he document things? Is he like recording? It? Is? He just like everything here? He's still one of those everything.
Speaker 2: Here's even know how to open its fun. He should have a flip phone, really he should. He has like the iPhone C from like twenty fourteen. Yeah, and I don't think he knows how to take a single photo. But it was fun to see him hang out with Lamara.
Speaker 1: That's so dope, man. It's just like living a camper and just you know, travel to us Man's that's a real American dream right there.
Speaker 2: Some of some of the leftover weed I had at the spot that you put me onto. Yeah, had had some forum and yeah, watched him get a little too high. Yeah, that stuff is a little.
Speaker 1: I mean he needs it, man, he's gonna be on the road, you know, I mean he needs the clips.
Speaker 2: Headed No, no, it needs to pay attention to the fucking This is him and Bob Dylan on the road.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: But you know, went back to the indoor playground, through around some kids, trying to mess with Themrow. I hate the weekends. The big kids are there. Yeah, but the big kids I feel comfortable, like, you know, he can just just push them, he can. The little ones are top heavy. It feels like it's unfair.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Not big kids though, Noah, Yeah, fucking ten year olds from Jersey City are like eighteen year old men. Yeah, get out of here. You get a little rough with a ten year old. It's okay, Jamrish was in these streets.
Speaker 3: Nope. Home. I on't leave my house on weekends. I'll know that.
Speaker 2: You said Friday, you're gonna stop at my crib? Never did what time did you get home Friday? Because you didn't tell me when you got home. You were here recording MKIB with our money.
Speaker 1: I got home. That was early though, Yeah, it was out of was out of here boy, like three o'clock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I picked up and why I went right to Jersey. You just gonna understand you.
Speaker 3: But you never You never told me when you were like, yeah, IMNA, let you know when I get home from the office. You never know when you got home from the office.
Speaker 2: This feels like gaslighting you.
Speaker 3: When you eventually, when you originally asked me, you said you were he was like, yeah, when I get home from the office, like, I'll just come through. I'll let you know when I get home. You never did, so I'm like, oh, maybe you didn't want to be bothered. You had recorded that entire week. You got filmed Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. I just figured you want to be left alone.
Speaker 2: Almost I wanted to helped so you could watch Mars so I could sleep.
Speaker 1: That's what I almost woke up and came here on Saturday, just like Muscle Memories. You know, you've like been someway all week. I'll be like, oh shit, and I don't have to go in today, like I'm good like people that have regular job. Yeah, exactly, this is a regular job. I don't know if you know that.
Speaker 2: Listen, last week was exhausted, but I'm not gonna sit here and say it was some crazy thing like demas giving us credit. You guys, Monday through Friday you worked.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But what I'm saying is you talk for a living story. You talked one day through Friday to go and talk again, like that's a lot of fucking talking.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. No, yeah, I be all talked out, like I don't have much conversation for like family and friends anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh That's why I felt bad when HARMANI came in here because I didn't seen him in a while. We're friends or whatever. I just was not a talking moot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just shut up, perform and get out.
Speaker 2: But as the day went, you know, and we kicked it afterwards. Yeah, that morning, no, I didn't want to talk to anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yoh, what's.
Speaker 2: Up man, I haven't seen it?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything's just the mic is right here.
Speaker 1: We're ready for you. We're ready for you. Do you do your a little rappy rap thing that you do shout out to all mini white though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm excited to put that one out. We have on my car's beautiful. We have they coming this week, which was a really cool conversation and today, Yeah, I'm excited for that one. Yeah, we got a lot, a lot of cool. My Karma's beautiful already in the tuck recorded. But other than that, it was a very very light weekend. I mean, I looked at the timeline and saw Lebron going fucking crazy and had a full blown debate with my dad about the entire thing. And I'm coming in here upset with myself of how I'm on the fence with the entire thing.
Speaker 1: All right, So Lebron James obviously confronted stephen A Smith at the Lakers game last week about some comments that steven A has been making, you know, throughout I guess the last few months since Bronnie James has entered the NBA. It is obviously steven A's job to, you know, talk about sports and analyze the game and analyze athletes things like that. So Lebron, the Lakers were playing I want to say, who is Lakers? I forgot who they were playing that night, but it was at just at the Crypto Arena, And after that time out, Lebron had left the bench and stephen They was sitting close to the Lakers bench. So Lebron saw stephen A courtside and decided to approach him and what Stephen they calls a confrontation, He didn't call it a conversation, called it a confrontation. You could tell by the.
Speaker 2: Body language in the video that it was a confrontation. When you're six, I'm confronting you about some shit.
Speaker 1: When you're six eight two eighty, it's usually a confrontation when you step to another man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean, Lebron, we've definitely seen approach people, but you can tell it's not in a crazy way. This one felt like all energy above the shoulders, I'm looking down over you purposely type of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now when I saw this, I thought that maybe I missed something that Steven they may have said about BRONI. But then Stephen A addressed everything on you know, first take, and then he went on his his podcast as well and went more into depth about the situation and what had happened, and basically, you know Lebron, He said, Lebron, that wasn't an athlete. That was a father that approached me. That was somebody, you know, talking as a parent and you know, kind of defending their child. Now, you know, this situation is very unique because Lebron is Lebron James and obviously Broni being his son, is under the same you know, incredible microscope and you know scrutiny that Lebron James is under. And people have been vocal about their feelings about, you know, Bronni being drafted and you know, obviously the nepotism that people have spoken to, which we support and we applaud.
Speaker 2: But it's not just stephen A.
Speaker 1: Everyone everybody has chimed in on this. Everybody has had something to say. I think that Lebron just got to a point where he's kind of tired of stephen A making it a talking point, Like Okay, obviously you said what you said, but it's like you may continue, you continue to bring up Bronnie and continue to have this conversation.
Speaker 2: Well he's on TV all day, Yeah he has to.
Speaker 1: But you know, I think Lebron felt like, yo, like talk about something else, like we get it, Like Bronnie is drafted obviously because of me, He's not playing that well. He should be in the G League now. While I do understand Lebron being a dad and kind of like holding his son down, you know, on the opposite side, I understand what Steven is saying, and Steven is basically saying, like, you know, Lebron, you put a lot on your son's shoulders by comments that you made saying that, you know, Bronnie, can you know, play over some guys that are in the NBA right now. He's a comments that Lebron made before Bronnie entered the league. Yeah, so he kind of like put a lot on it. He put a lot a lot of pressure, as if there wasn't already a lot of pressure on Bronnie just being who he is.
Speaker 2: Which we discussed even before the draft, when Bronny was going in to answer for the draft, we said, did Lebron as a father put way too much pressure going into this situation the way he supported his son, Which who's gonna be mad at that? Right, But with the tweets and everything, it started to be like, all right, he is put setting his son up to have a bullseye on his head with everything that they've been talking the same way we talked about how the Ball family is so incredible and you know their dad put a fucking target on Lonzo's head before he even got to the Lakers, like everyone's gunning for him based off his dad talking all that shit. So I think Bron has to take some accountability in this entire thing.
Speaker 1: I think, And that's what Stephen they kind of spoke to. I think he was saying, you know, because he has said, you know, Lebron, stopped this, not stop meaning have your son just out of the league and you know, like you know, stop putting more pressure on the situation. Stop saying making these comments that you know he belongs here, Let him develop, Send him to the G League where, yes, there's gonna be cameras on him, and it's gonna be analysts at the game watching Bronni. Again, he can't get away from that spotlight because of his last name, well his name, so he you know, Stephen they was saying, let him go to the G League where he's been playing well, where he's been, you know, he's been, he's been, you know, playing well, developing his game. And then maybe one day because Stephen, Ay, from what I've seen again, maybe there's something that Lebron heard that you know, we don't.
Speaker 2: Know about the group chat that we weren't pretty too.
Speaker 1: Or just something that Steven. They may have said that Steven, they can't even remember what he said, you know what I mean, But from what I see, well, yeah, but from what I can see, Stephen, they seems to have always supported Lebron and you know, his family and everything that you know, he does. I just think that it got to a point where Bron was like, Yo, you're making it a point every week to talk about Brownie and talk about him not playing well and him not you know, highlighting his numbers and him you know, not really living up to the pressure and the height that comes with his name. So you know, Lebron saw him and was like, yo, listen, keep my son, you know, stop talking about him.
Speaker 2: Let him just be keep my son's name, not your motherfucking out.
Speaker 1: But it's not But here's why it's not fair because at the end of the day, Steven A is an analyst. He's on you know, First Take, He's on a bunch of shows on ESPN talking about athletes and sports every day, and obviously your son is now in the NBA, so he has to take what comes with that like every other player has to take it.
Speaker 2: That's and we're speculating what was said in that conversation despite deliberator shit, But I'm with you Lebron is actually proving stephen A's point and everyone else's point with some of the nepotism and some of the exceptions that Bronni gets because of his dad. Now, I understand fully Bron's father energy in that regard. Fuck this whole NBA shits my son. You're not gonna play his name. But as a father, you also have to accept now that your son is a man and you wanted him to be in a position where he will be critiqued no matter what.
Speaker 1: Because here's the thing, and.
Speaker 2: You need to teach him off someone that has been critiqued since he was in fucking I don't know what middle school. Lebron has been in the public eye, has probably dealt with more scrutiny than most athletes in history. You got to show your son how to deal with that type of stuff. Yeah, because in this regard, now you're asking to move the goalpost. Now we can't talk about him.
Speaker 1: But here's why I really don't like it, because if Bronny was playing well and putting up incredible numbers and Steve when they was talking about him every day, bron wouldn't approach him, and like, YO, keep my son's name out your fucking mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So, now that your son is not playing well, he's you know, he's not even he's his We're not gonna talk about the numbers. It's that doesn't matter. He's just not playing well. Your son belongs. Let him develop in the G League. Keep him there, because if you allow him to travel with the team and all of these things and this, that and the third, you know, it's like, Okay, we know the nepotism is real, we get that, but now it's like we're adding on to that, and it's and then he's not playing well on top of that, whenever he does get an opportunity to play, he's not playing well. Versus let him stay in the g L where he's been playing well, putting up really good numbers in the G League. Let him stay down there and develop his game, and then when the time comes, let him come back up to the to the to the to the league and did show us what he's been working on.
Speaker 2: I mean, my original point is a little bit meaner, but I think fairer, if that's even a word. I forgot what episode it was when I was asking you, why do people keep talking about this kid. I understand his last name. I get this story, but what he barely gets any playing times before he went down to Gliue, Like he scored one basket and it was a headline. They talked about it for three hours the morning it happened. Yeah, this is a non story. Yeah, stop talking about him. He doesn't deserve to be talked about. Yeah, that's really where I think these analysts should be taking it. Why do you guys can see you talk about somebody that has not proven a fucking thing. When he starts balling, which we are confident he will get better, and developed talk about him, then, I mean, I think about somebody that doesn't travel with the team.
Speaker 1: And that's what that's what Lebron was saying, Like, you know, like a game, we know he's not playing well. You don't have to keep saying it every day. But then again, it's a professional athlete, right, But that's what I'm saying. It's not fair because if he was playing great and they would talking abou Hi every day, Lebron would he would welcome that with open arms. So I get it. You know, on one side of your dad and you want to protect your son but your son is a grown man now, he's in, you know, in the National Basketball Association, So he has to take what comes with that. With every other athlete has to take if they're not playing well, people are gonna say that, They're gonna tweet about it, they're gonna post about it, the analysts are gonna talk about it. And again, his last name, the name on the back of his jersey, only magnifies the situation because he comes from basketball royals.
Speaker 2: If stephen A was some about's personal life or some shit, then I could just fully understand. But no, it's basketball. I hate that we always have to compare Lebron in Jordan. But I've never seen Jordan confront Shade Room.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's the I'm sure somebody has reached out v.
Speaker 2: On behalf of the Jordan family.
Speaker 1: Absolutely take all this shit. Jordan can't wait to see Justin Leboyd wait to catch He can't wait to catch Justin's sideline. He gonna run down Justin. Has nothing to do with Shave Room. He's still gonna run down on him. Keep my son's name about, your fucking mouth man.
Speaker 2: Perez Hilton being his stephen A is fucking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, it's is gonna be interested now to see stephen A like, Hi, the game the other night, Lebron's name came up and he was like, listen, let's talk about Jason Tatum.
Speaker 2: Does he have kids?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, Steven Ay took that shit off Lebron. Really, he don't even want to talk about Lebron could go out there and have a better game than yokicch had the other night, and stephen A is not gonna.
Speaker 2: Talk about Skip over that talking boy.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Jason Tatum and what the Celtics are doing.
Speaker 2: I could have been trolled that I strolled past it. Forgive me. I should have done more research. Did I see that steven A and Skip were doing an episode together or is that like a fake the back?
Speaker 1: The band is back.
Speaker 2: I think it was just an episode on steven Show or Skip show.
Speaker 1: I'm not completely Oh man, you don't want him steven A and Skip talking about that Lebron shit. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And I mean, listen, don't don't quote me because Roy Maul don't know ball. But I did see somewhat if a flyer after this whole thing, and I wasn't sure if they were just joking because obviously Skip hates Lebron and like, now this is what brings them back together after all those years.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see stephen A on Club Shasha. Now.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, they have an episode that came out two hours ago, so yesterday for people that are just nowt here.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to watch that when we're done here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the return of two goats.
Speaker 2: That's kind of crazy to see though.
Speaker 1: The Skip Bayley Show with Steven A. Smith.
Speaker 2: This is a huge moment though. Yeah, like pretty much the history of of what sports broadcasting is now is based on how these two shifted everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, it's just funny because if stephen A, you know, if you know his he probably worked harder than anybody on the sports analyst side of the game. So when this situation happened, I was like, damn, he gonna have to do everybody show now because they all want to talk about, Yo, what happened with Braun? What happened with Braun? I think stephen A handled it as well as he could.
Speaker 2: Good blessing with the timing, with his new deal and everything. Now the press run we really have something to talk about.
Speaker 1: Listen. It helps man, I know, I know, you know people saying, oh, Stephen A, you know, Lebron ran down on you. And but I said, what is Steven A't supposed to do? Fight Lebron?
Speaker 2: I just think this is beautiful karma, even based off some of the comments here. Never disrespect the boy. Now it's twenty v one against Braun. Now you know what the energy like. Now everyone teaming up. I mean, but nobody, you deserve it all. Yeah, but nobody disrespected Braun. Of course.
Speaker 1: That's see, that's the thing. And that was the thing about the whole the whole thing. I was like, but I don't again, unless Lebron heard something that Stephen, they said that. We don't know about that. He took a little personal Stephen. They has always seemed to be fair when it comes to Lebron, fair when it well most people, honestly, Stephen ay conn of except the Kyrie thing. I still don't like what he did with Kyrie during the pandemic. But other than that, Stephen they always seems to be fair. He seems to be when you're doing well and you're playing great, he supports you when you're struggling. Obviously, he has to talk about it and and and you know, cover it as well. And I think that's the case here. I think that it was a little extra because it is Bronni. But again it's Bronni, so people are going to talk about him, and you know, lebron just was like, nah, man, we're not doing that.
Speaker 3: Do you think that? Do you think that takes are more are found to be more disrespectful when they're entertaining because a bunch of people couldn't talk about the same thing. But if you make a niggas laugh at me, it tends to sting. That's a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Usually what it is, like, No, there's a non story shit that ends up going viral because whoever said it delivered it so well and now you're the butt of the joke when it's not even really a big deal. Yeah, that makes it worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but people gotta stop because again, if he was playing well and steven A was talking about it every morning on first take, it wouldn't have been no step to me on the sideline and it wouldn't have been none of that. So you gotta take it when you're not playing well. That goes for any athlete, like when you're not playing well, you gotta take what comes to that. People gonna start cracking jokes because y'all on the twelve game loser streak and you struggling, and y'all to butter the jokes. Now, you gotta take that. If y'all on a twelve game win streak and the hottest team in the league and they're talking about that, y'all gonna love that as well. So you can't. You can't. You gotta take what comes with it. It's part of the game, it's part of the territory. But I think overall, if we look at steven A, he's always seemed to be a fair guy. He's always seemed to be fairs. I don't think stephen is ever meant to be malicious and disrespectful. I don't get that energy.
Speaker 2: That's a skip thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't get that malicious, you know, disrespectful energy. Again, aside from the Kyrie taking the vaccine thing, I thought that Stephen A was completely out of line.
Speaker 2: With Kyrie about that. He was on a different side. How do you, guys martial wors.
Speaker 3: Handle people criticizing your family or you're super super close friends, Like, what do you take? What do you think is the difference between criticizing and disrespect.
Speaker 1: Criticizing is as long as you're speaking to the actual what's what's actually happening. I think disrespect is when you start to gossip and start to throw things in the mix that are not true and just trying to push a false narrative. I think that's when it becomes disrespect. But I think if you're speaking to the facts and what's actually happening. When you if you feel disrespected as somebody speaking the facts, it's usually because.
Speaker 2: You feel bad about the facts, feel bad about the fact.
Speaker 1: It's like damn like. But I don't think that if it's you know, if it's facts, it's facts, like it is what it is. Because now if Bronney go out there and it has twenty five tomorrow, you know what I'm saying that Stephen, they covers it, it's what all it's forgiven at the point, you know what I'm saying. So it's it's it's a it's just a weird situation. But again I understand Lebron. Want you know, in that moment, like Stephen, they said that was a father, That wasn't Lebron James the athlete that wasn't Lebron James. You know the basketball legend, that was Lebron James, the father protecting his family, protecting his son. Because obviously Broni is probably affected by He's never had well, he's had a spotlight his entire life. But now that he's on this stage, you know, he's every morning it's on the biggest you know, sports outlets. People are talking about him. So Lebron, you know, Bronni might be in the house and he Lebron might see that it's really affecting him. It's affecting his son, it's affecting his mental health. He's probably you know, out there noticing that. You know, Broni is struggling because it's so much on every time he's on the floor, so many eyes on him. Why to know what he's going to do. But again, you know, this is part of what comes with that territory of being a James junior.
Speaker 3: Rory, what about you the difference between criticizing your family and disrespecting your family.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think family personally is off limits and everything. Brownie is an exceptionaire because he's a professional athlete, so that kind of takes him out of that Sarah. So, I'm kind of on the side of family period. But that I mean, especially in the media genre now has that rule has been been gone for a long time. I'm not naive, but I still feel that way.
Speaker 1: Like I wouy, I don't.
Speaker 2: I try my absolute best. Sometimes I will slip up, but you know, not backtrack, but try to fix it. If I feel like, oh I brought up someone's family, I shouldn't have done that. I still try to live by that rule because I personally believe families win. Like that shit is off limits.
Speaker 1: It's off limits.
Speaker 2: This isn't a url battle or rap battle. Like I get that that's part of that game. I guess it's part of this game now, but that doesn't mean I have to participate in it. I mean, if you go at my family, yes there's going to be something that will happen, but it's not going to be a back and forth of the family off well to me, I don't know. Does that not make y'all feel like your stomach hurt a little bit when you to talk about someone's family, Like, you know, people have nothing to do with what the fuck is going on around I'm not.
Speaker 3: With that at all. That's why I was going to try to make it more more realistic for real life. Let's say no, in real.
Speaker 2: Life, this whole genre disrespects everyone's family. But I'm not, which to me is insane. I'm not talking to kids every idea. I'm not talking about media. I'm talking about normal people.
Speaker 3: If someone in your life has a critique, Let's say your girlfriend has a critique for your mother or a critique for about Maul, where you draw the line between criticizing or you know what I'm saying or saying how they could be better, complaining to you how they could be better, and disrespecting.
Speaker 1: Like if my family starts talking about Rory.
Speaker 2: Yeah or either, or when my mom called Maul gay, I did tell her to stop. That's not true, Okay, don't I said, don't say that, mom.
Speaker 3: See no doubt you said, don't say that, mom. Or mom, that's not true both. Okay.
Speaker 1: See that's see, that's what I'm saying. See that's like sweet, that's disrespect like to call me gays.
Speaker 2: But she didn't mean it.
Speaker 1: She meant that she thought I was gay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that was wrong. She was just like, you know, nothing wrong.
Speaker 1: With being gay, but you know. I just I was disrespected by that, That's all it was.
Speaker 2: It was more so her reasoning that made me laugh, Like where I kind of stopped defending. It was like, this is just funny. She was like, I've never had a girlfriend. I was like, well, that doesn't mean no, that just means that just means you pump. That's you pump. You did pump that you pumped that narrative. We know about one Italian girlfriend from the nineteen.
Speaker 1: Seventy six I got, I got, I got, I got a bunch of girlfriends.
Speaker 2: And to me, my response to my mom in that regards, no, that doesn't make him gay. Just see slanging these toes like there you go, just different one every night, like hope me that with the fib. Hold me down with your mom and tell tell her I get pussy, Tell.
Speaker 1: You I get pushy? Man? What's up?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Holpe me down in the living room.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think there's been instances of which I told you about before with I wouldn't say a mutual friend of ours, but somebody we both know front of the show. She she's called in before, has DMed me things and I'd be like, yo, don't talk about mal my DM, like I will block you in this situation. You're not going to talk about mal in front of me. I'll tell you. It'll make total sense the moment I tell you. But yeah, in instances that I'm not trying to be super confrontational, if somebody says something discreptful about my family that isn't like super egregious, I'll say, hey, don't talk about them in front of me, like I'm just not. You can't do that with me. It won't be even if it's a valid critique. No, if it's a valid critique, we can have a conversation about it. I'm talking about disrespect. I don't think a valid critique is just I think it disrespect is when you start talking about people's personal shit, their appearance, lies about them like that type of stuff to me is disrespectful.
Speaker 1: But if somebody as is not disrespectful, though I can't. If it's the facts, the facts can't be deemed as disrespect.
Speaker 2: And even let's not even say facts, let's just say their opinion, like say, if somebody came up to you like yoah, I think Rory is a bad podcaster, which obviously we all know impossible one of the goats. But I wouldn't. I wouldn't expect you to be like, yo, chill fuck you. Like if somebody said it to you and you talk to them, I wouldn't really care because that's not disrespectful. That's just their opinion. They don't think I'm a good podcast and they ran into someone on the podcast and said, y'all, I don't really think he's a good podcaster. Okay, cool.
Speaker 3: It also depends on how you delivered that information because my reaction to that information. Let's say, if my sister called me and say, yoh, I'm listening to the podcast Rory sucks, like I would listen to her critique, right, But if a stranger on the street walks by one walking away and be like, yo, let a pop of Rory's trash. I'm trying to I'm saying my deck like it's going to be complet It depends on how you say things and who's saying it and where you're saying it.
Speaker 1: I'm just I don't know. Again, I'm on the opposite side of all of that shit. I don't if somebody says something disrespectful, like disrespectful is like again, making it an attack on personal shit, like I don't like Rory's face, like you should like darken the light on his face or something like that.
Speaker 2: But that's that's a valid critique.
Speaker 1: But again, but again coming from somebody else with you man, like you know what I'm saying, chill out. But I wouldn't. I don't know. I'm just not I don't think that it would be a confrontation, though I would. I would look at them, and most times I just look at people like they're crazy anyway, and just stare at them. I give them that blank stare like I didn't ask you for that. But anyway, like all right, cool. So I don't really you know what I'm saying. I don't get into that, but I do understand how people, you know, can cross the line of critique and disrespect. It's a fine line, especially if you don't know what you're talking about, and you know, if you're if you're speaking to the facts, which what people should always do anyway is kind of lean more towards facts instead of gossip. Then I think, you know, everybody should be able to, you know, listen and take things into account, like okay, maybe I could. I was wrong. I could see why you say that. But if it's just gossip and lies and you know, bullshit that people are speaking to, that's when disrespect comes in and it's just like that conversation is going to go left.
Speaker 2: Nothing is more awkward like the scenario that Damaris brought up, Like if you're passing a listener and they'll say something, have you ever been in like a TSA line or something that's not moving?
Speaker 3: Oh, you can't.
Speaker 2: And you're right like next to the person, and they'll be like, yo, yo, what's up with moll In uh, Drake Man deal, Kendrick this and that, And you're like, haha, cool, And then you just have to You now have to sit there in silence, knowing this person is just staring at you wanting to talk about a show.
Speaker 3: It's the worst fucking thing in the world. The airport is always the worst place to see like listeners or fans.
Speaker 2: And it's not even like I would be upset I would talk to them. That shit just gives me wild anxiety. Now that I'm just sitting in this TSA line and there's someone next to me that just talks about the show and wants to continue talking, and I don't want to.
Speaker 1: But you can't say that because if somebody in the TSA long talk to you about anything, you're gonna be awkward about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh for sure, you don't talk to for sure. But now, like the show is like an uh not a closed conversation, Like we could keep talking about the show, but I'm clearly showing I don't want to. It's not like a hey, can you pass a bin situation? It's it's like, you really want to talk to me about how Kendrick B. Drake and I just don't care. Yeah, like at all.
Speaker 1: I understand that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I appreciate when people show support, but nah, not what we're getting into criticizing and topics like let's let's just get through pre check the fastest we can.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you reminded me that mom said that about me. Next time I see, I'm gonna hell her. Keep my name, maha mouth. I'm pressing them all. Let's it. I pressed the Chicago wech other in elevator. I didn't even know she was dead, Hotel. I should have pressed her right there, like, yo, keep my name matter of fact. Now get on the next elevator. You can't you say that, But what happens if she stalled off on you like Solange? I ain't gonna lie one of my mom's elevator against I'm respecting that. I'm respecting like you're roy. Your mom just popped on me.
Speaker 2: Now what if my mom played corners and you were the fifth person your.
Speaker 1: Mom, your mom playing corners growing up? I can definitely see her getting down in the elevator punching the girl in the face. Absolutely, I can see that. Shout out to mom's moms, I'm not gay, love you, wow.
Speaker 2: But I mean to close this. In my younger years, which I mean Peage can attest to as well, I didn't take criticism of my friends very well, and I tended to always be the person that would go out on a limb and be the one to confront everything, which then ended up like making me the asshole at the end of the day. And then then you see friends get back cool with somebody union of the issue with. But you're always the person that has to go confront everything, and yeah, it's exhausting and.
Speaker 1: Your personal life, how do you how do you tell one of your close friends that they shouldn't be friends with somebody like that, but like, you can't but you can't say it like that because they don't. They're not recepted to that. They kind of like they just hear you, but it just they paying no mine, Like, how do you do that? How do you have like sit your friend out by yo? Why do you? Why are you cool with this person?
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a mid thirties thing. At this point, they're an adult, Like I can express how I feel about the situation and why I don't think that person is a good friend to you. But that's your choice. Man, that's you're an adult. I'm not gonna sit here and harp or continue this conversation. I said what I said because I care about you. If you don't listen, I don't take it as disrespect, but I'm just not gonna sit around all day and tell you how this person is bad you. You are a grown human being that can make decisions on your own. I said my piece, and whatever happens, I'll still be here as your friend. I may give you a little I told you soone in my breath, but well I love that. Oh No, that's first of all. You may give a little I told you so. That's your fate. If I had a fucking penny for how many I told you so, maybe you should listen to me more.
Speaker 3: We wouldn't need this fucking deal like everything something like I'm that issue here. I told you so, I told you that wasn't your friend. I told you I was in your friend every five seconds.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's helpful to have somebody from the outside looking in third party viewing of friendship because I've had friendships I thought were real ended up not being real multiple times. I've been a bad judge of character multiple multiple times. Sometimes you need that friend that's not in that situation to just look at the facts of what's going on and go, no, this is not a good situation for you.
Speaker 1: How many stories are are you the villain in?
Speaker 2: Probably a lot? Yeah, yeah, not like I don't think anything like egregious, but yeah, probably Do you care to like clear it up or you just let it be again mid thirty stuff. I do care less about clearing things up, like at all. I'm only asking you kind of not at all, to be quite honest.
Speaker 1: No, I'm only asking you because I've been through like that that phase already that you're now in.
Speaker 2: It's just like, try it's relieving, like of not even caring. I went it went through a very very weird phase. Started the way most people are pretty mu everyone in the beginning of trying to clear up everything, and reputation means the most, like this is it. That's really your stock, is what your reputation and what people think of you. Then I got to the point of not caring to clear it up, but it still bothered me. So I was carrying the weight and the anxiety of it, but I was still like, no, I'm not taking the energy to go clear it up. Now I'm at the phase that I do not care. You can think whatever the fuck you I'm not even going to clear it up. Matter of fact, keep telling the story.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm gonna hear how way it goes, Let me how good, let me how creative you are.
Speaker 2: Like And what's funny is sometimes when you don't clear shit up and they continue with the narrative, everyone starts to see how the narrative changed the story they had originally keeps having different factors.
Speaker 1: Now me and you've been through that, and that was at the time. I'm like, dog, but I don't care, and you used to like no, but we have to. We have to address things because narratives get created.
Speaker 2: And I swear that was a general statement, by the way that there's been multiple times that this happened to me, even absolutely, but yes, you are definitely have said that and can say I told you so.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah to me, my god, with plenty of times.
Speaker 2: Just let that stop. Trying to fix you can't just let things be, man, Just let things be.
Speaker 1: But hopefully lebron James, Man, listen, man, you know, hopefully BRONI plays well again. I think that he's he should be in the league because he's been playing really well in not the D League, G League, He's been playing really well in the G League, and I think that's great for me. He needs to be in game situations, you know, getting getting some real bump underneath his you know, his belt, and just you know, developing the skills. Man, there's nothing wrong with developing. I think that. You know, obviously we got the moment that we probably would never see again with NBA son and dad on the court together, you know. But now it's time for Bronni to really develop and hone his skills and become a solid NBA player, which I think he has the talent to do that. He just needs to they got developed.
Speaker 2: Luca was a missing piece. Brinni will be back on the regular team. He just needed someone on the wing. And Bronni is an all star, he just needed Luca. That's all.
Speaker 1: You need a little more than that, just just a little more. Luca is a great piece for the team. But Ronnie himself as the player I think that he had. You know, he will have time to develop and get better, and I think that he will be a solid NBA player.
Speaker 2: Before we get to this DOCI topic, I will quickly ask, is steven A and Skip the best sports duo in media history?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 2: Uh, it's first Take, the best sports show debate show. I guess if you will?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: I mean we have to give respects around the horn. Pardon the interruption. Is one of my favorite sports shows every but I just don't know if there was ever a better time than stephen A Smith and Skip.
Speaker 1: That was like the goal.
Speaker 2: It replaced Sports Center. Yeah, like Sports Center came on at ten, Yeah, when it used to come on at fucking six.
Speaker 1: You know what with stephen A and and Skip were able to do with first Take? You know, they brought in culture to sports, and they just magnified, you know, the debate level. And I think they kind of birthed a lot of debate platforms because of what they were able to do. But yeah, they were special that what they were able to do, and Bill was you know, I don't think we'll ever see something like that on a major network again. Like they were legendary with what they did.
Speaker 2: Speaking of duos, I want Miss Milan shouts to Miss Milan front of the show and DOCI to have their own show together because I love watching the timeline go to fucking shambles over absolutely nothing.
Speaker 1: So I saw that. I saw that DOCI made a comment was that hot ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's different forms of hot ones. It's not always shown in a guest like they'll they'll play games and shit. I saw everyone saying, they're like, oh, she couldn't even get the real ones, Like now they've done this before. Yeah, obviously Miss Milan is her DJ and they're really really close friends. So she did it with her and they were asking each other questions and Miss Milan asked or whatever. The topic was the biggest red flag in dating, and DOCI had put straight straight men as her biggest red flag.
Speaker 1: Okay, and that threw that threw socials up in shambles. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The amount of think pieces from men that have never thought made me laugh all fucking day. The think pieces were absolutely fucking insane.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Why do people care so much about a joke? And I told him, Marius, I was gonna come in here, and I'm I'm already prepared to be the pick me here even though I truly believe this and don't see the big fucking deal. She made a fucking joke. Yeah, straight men, ha. She's also queer, right, yes, so yeah, that would be a red flag in dating. I'll tell you this. A gay man would be a red flag for me, not because he's a gay man, but in dating. I don't date gay men, so that would be a red flag for me. Wait, doci's gay, she's queer, so she what does that mean?
Speaker 1: Dates?
Speaker 3: Probably everyone, and she dates anything. If I'm not mistaken, that's her sexuality. I'll have to double check on that.
Speaker 5: But she is.
Speaker 2: Why are you looking at me like that? Queer is that's not a new thing. That's not one of these new adjectives that we added yesterday. Queer has been around quite some time, that's the Q and lbgt Q.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, so it says that she's openly bisexual, which would mean that you're a queer or you're a queer.
Speaker 1: Okay, so she's about sexual Yes, she dates men and women. Yes, but it's just the way Demarus framed. But she says she dates anything. I just didn't know what that meant.
Speaker 2: Well, isn't there actually a sexuality that dates like they would date this table if they uh dead ass or something like whatever. The opposite of a sexual the people that don't have sex at all, there is somebody that would like, they'll date whatever they're feeling that day. It may be a girl, it may be a side table, maybe a couch, but like that's their that's their person for the day. A dog.
Speaker 3: Mm I don't. I don't pay bull shit like that. I don't pay attention to.
Speaker 2: But to me, that is some type of version of statutory right.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to understand because said the dog wanted to be dated. Like, I'm just trying to understand. It's okay, So Doci is queer, she's by sex, and that dog is underage. Right, So yes, I saw this. I saw when you know, DOCI said what she said, and you know, I laughed at it. I didn't take much into it, but I did see people posting and saying like, oh, you know, she's pushing the agenda. You know she's you know Grammy Winner. Now, Now, this is what they have her doing. They programmed her to push it. I think people, I think everybody's just bored. I think people are bored and people are looking. Everybody has victim mentality. Everybody wants to be a victim. Everybody feels like they're a victim. I just think everybody needs to relax, enjoy life, live your life, mind your business, have your fun, and do the things that you like to do. I just don't think that it's that series of doc he says straight men are a red flag when dat yeah, I would laugh at that as well. It's not.
Speaker 2: And then all of a sudden, this brings in the group I hate the most, the preference police.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If she would have said if a guy got up there and said that a red flag for him is Latino women, he would be canceled. I'm like, I don't understand how you can tie those two things together at all. And like they thought they was like really landing points of like why men are under attack because a man couldn't make this joke or he would be canceled. Okay, even if I agree with you, So I believe in double standing. This world is full of double stands.
Speaker 3: Plenty of them. But plenty of men have come and said that bisexual women are red flags to them, plenty of That's a regular thing, they say that all the time.
Speaker 2: Mau has had some skeptical shit of dating bisexual women, and we've had that conversation. If I walked in on my girl fucking another girl, I'd be fine with it, And he was like, no, that's not cool. So yeah, that's a normal thing for someone to think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and again, I also think that she was joking, and even if she wasn't, Even if she wasn't joking as a bisexual woman, a lot of bisexual women prefer to date bisexual men because they understand a little bit better. So I don't blame her.
Speaker 2: They're acting like she was across from Gail Kings with her friends on a show that is about jokes and hot wings like Sean Evans asked Great Questions, one of the best platforms ever salute to him, but are we going to act like that show is not also about laughing at someone eating hot wings while they're trying to give an answer. It's a it's a comedy based show. Even though Sean asked real questions, right, they lead to humors.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of human that. But back to what we didn't asked.
Speaker 2: Call about Palestine. He gave him a hot wing and he started crying, and then we started crying.
Speaker 1: So he said, now you know how Palestinians were. See, I'm a bad I'm sorry I went too far. Sorry, sorry, But back to what Damara said, bisexual women prefer.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't say by all bisexual women. Some bisexual women might prefer bisexual men because they understand the queer experience a little bit more. And also, if I am around a lot of queer people, whether it's for work, which I'm sure she is, whether it's for work, whether it's for that's the community that I have. Straight men may not be as comfortable in those same communities as somebody who is also on the LGBTQ spectrum.
Speaker 2: And also at fair point, but I think it's hilarious that we're trying to give a serious breakdown of a fucking joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's like the world, the world forced us to do that. Everybody was upset, everybody was raging. I saw some protesters. I was like, oh, okay, Well.
Speaker 3: They said heterophobia is a real thing. People are afraid of straight people. I'm afraid of some straight people, yeah, but not if they're straight. No, not because I'm generally afraid of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just don't like. I just don't like some people. Like it is what it is. Yeah, I don't know, man, listen, man.
Speaker 3: They were using that as an excuse. It's like the tie ins of like why she's pushing that agenda and she's also a plant, Like all of this just ties in. Like it's like Doci is not a plant. Dochi has been putting out bangers for a while that people weren't like, really paying attention to, like, and she has talent. She's not a fucking plant, no.
Speaker 2: Fucking with her. Since twenty nineteen, I've watched this whole entire thing, and she was very pro queer in twenty nineteen as well. Isn't a new thing because she ate a hot wing yeah.
Speaker 3: Or because she want to grant me like that's just who she's.
Speaker 2: Been and listen to her music of who and when she's dated. It's been all over the place like this isn't a weird thing at all. Well then say after all of that, like you know what straight men aren't for me?
Speaker 1: Well, we was talking. We had a conversation last week about the industry and when they push a button okay, and when they you know, they put the Oh no.
Speaker 2: I'm here to be objective just because I was a pick me on the DOCI conversation, don't this is gonna be you know, I support that that young lady. I think she's incredibly talented. We support Doci over here. Sure you can continue.
Speaker 1: So it was some things, some things hit the time out over the weekend that I was just you know, putting on Rory's radar. I saw some things. I saw some things and I was like, you know, sending it to Rory, I said.
Speaker 2: You hubered me to own the raidar.
Speaker 1: I had to ooh. I was like, yo, this is the button that I'm telling you about. When you see Doci, you know now taking pictures with Pharrell, it's like, okay, they're in the same rooms now, they're you know, Obviously the you know fashion we get that Doci just walked with uh what was the line she just walked walked for uh D squared? I believe, yes she did that, looked great, looking credible. Obviously, we know Pharrell's the creative director at Louis, So now her and Pharrella are in the same space. They're in the same room, take a picture together. They know what the talk is obviously. Or are we getting some music together? Dochie's a Grammy winning artist, now Farrell's a Grammy winning producer and artists as well. Are we gonna collab or are we gonna work together?
Speaker 2: Okay, first of all, I want I don't think that's pushing the button whatsoever, because again we've watched Dochi for five years put in her work. Finally she's starting to reap the benefits of that. TD is doing what they're supposed to do as far as making sure this girl is in front of us at all times post Grammy, I think being in that fashion line makes sense. And let's also not pretend like Fharell has not worked with up and coming acts his entire career. Farrell has never been one of those producers that's like it's I only fuck with hove. Farrell will work with somebody we've never heard of, and not even if they're signed to him, like Farrell is one of those producers. To see him with a new chick that could actually wrap that is a breadth of fresh air based off a lot of stuff that we've heard. I don't think that's that's the industry pushing the button. I think that's Pharrell being Pharrell and Dochi being doci.
Speaker 3: And also, did we see them together in a studio or were they together impair us that fashion week?
Speaker 2: No Ma was saying, you know, that question came up when they when they posted that photo. It wasn't for the fashion shit. They knew all those comments would be music.
Speaker 1: This music sure. So now my thing with the whole button thing was and I'm a you know, I don't particularly care about numbers. I don't know what sells what. But obviously that's a talking point here. So Dochi wins best rap album? When Dochi's album came out, she only she did what eleven thousand first week?
Speaker 2: Here's here's where I won't give you push back on the button thing. I think you can make a huge case to question what the Grammys do to decide. I know they have the committee everyone, So I'm going back.
Speaker 1: This is why I'm going back to the Grammy. You do eleven thousand your first week again, I don't care about numbers. I thought the album was you know, was good. She had some good, good joints on there. Before. We support her. But now you go, you win the Grammy. We all we all know once you are a you don't even have to win a Grammy. Once you're a Grammy nominated artist, different things start to open up.
Speaker 2: It's right in the bio.
Speaker 1: But when they get this right, but when they give you the Grammy, you have to understand that there are other things. It's not just the Grammy. A whole other lane in the world is now available to you, opens up to you and to me, that is what I call the button. Now eleven thousand not the greatest numbers, but who cares when the product is dope?
Speaker 2: I mean's post now she's smoking well because they got her in front of some of the eyes again, so that.
Speaker 1: Now the numbers are gonna go where they're gonna go because I have a Grammar Grammy winning artist.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, so let's let's not just paint that because even before yes the Grammys.
Speaker 1: Aren't win a Grammy, everything goes up, Yes, but the.
Speaker 3: Numbers were going up already before the great Because now first week numbers don't really matter. It matters that the big artists are arguing about it and the fan base are arguing about it. But we've had this conversation where first week number doesn't matter. What are we doing on the back end? What are we doing that next week and that next week after that after this music video comes out, or I do this late night performance, And.
Speaker 1: Again, I don't really care about numbers for you all the time. I don't know what albums that I like, so I don't know what they saw.
Speaker 2: And even even with the industry and TDE and Universal doing what they're supposed to do as far as getting their artists in front of people, let's also not act like all of twenty twenty four DOCI with every performance every festival put together one of the best shows. Not only that, did every late night shit? Did like seven Denial is a River videos? Did one with Lisa, did a real one? Did every live performance out of the like she went and got herself in front of so many people, and it resonated, So that's where the post numbers are coming from. Of course the Grammy helps from there, but let's not act like we didn't watch her on video put in all this work. Anytime she got an opportunity she over delivered. Tyler wanted her on. The album was one of the best albums of last year, most anticipated. Smoked her verse went out of control, and the industry's not pushing the button for Tyler to go, Well, if you guys want it, I'll put her on my album. Then Nah Tyler thought she was dope and she smoked him.
Speaker 3: On that verte And that's why I came to cause I know what you were lean were about to lean into with Lauren Hill.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm gonna get to that.
Speaker 3: This is not a button push. Laurence Hill doesn't do shit, she doesn't want it. Laurence Hill doesn't show up to her own shows.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, and I wasn't gonna say the industry pushed this button. Oh okay, I was going to say, is it deserving? What do you mean is it does her being on stage with Laurence Hill. The only person that could decide whether she deserves that or not is Lauren Hill of course, and I love that Laurence Hill loves Doci. I think it was an incredible look. I could never imagine if Lauren Hill wanted me to go pick up her laundry, I would go do it. I'm not here to shit on doche in that regard. I think that's great. But back to the legends thing. When we talked about superstars, mega stars, I'm talking about just straight legends, I feel like maybe you need to put in a little bit more work as far as proof to stand next to certain people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but nah, but don't do that. I feel like, don't do that because when it happened for Carti, everybody was happy. What what happened for Carti? Everybody was happy praising all this ship.
Speaker 2: Lauren bro Cardio, what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: She might she may have.
Speaker 3: I don't know what legend has Carti Everson. I can understand if you say that with Beyonce and Megan, but what what Cardi? What legend has Cardi? Evers the next to on stage with that like kind of like gave her like that stamp.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean, it's been so many years since Cardi has been lit. I'm pretty sure one of these legends have had her on stage at some point, had her at their concert like somebody.
Speaker 2: But this was a moment and I understand also the connection. It's just Carti, Lauren, and Dolci that have rap album in the year female. So yeah, I see that connection there, and I see what dot she represents, even as the image that's out there connections with Lauren.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying from a music standpoint, allegaty mixstape is fire. I just don't know if that solidifies you to stand on stage with somebody that doesn't do shit and has that type of status, Like of course Lauren gets to decide that book.
Speaker 1: Come on, Yeah, but when you're all in the same you know, it's only like you said, Cardi, Lauren and Doci to have that best rap album as a Grammy M. I mean, it's a you know, it's a it's a small club.
Speaker 2: And I know I sound like I'm Hayden. I liked the moment. I loved her doing the second verse, but just the hip hop nerd in me, which is sometimes a bad thing, is looking at that, like all right, man, Like, do you know what Nicki Minaj had to do to get on that song with Beyonce, Right, I didn't know what that but solidified, Like but we've talked even with that, conversations with Jaye and behind closed doors, certain people and other legends don't look at it disrespectfully, like I know what I put in to get to this point. Not anyone can just stand next to me like, right, this is solidified for a different type of person, I mean and grat if they're signing to you, then you get a look. But yeah, that's a button. Yeah, but just anybody, Nah, that's that's a different type of thing. And I'm not mad at the button being pushed, of course, not because I don't want that to I don't think that's a button pushed. I think Lauren know.
Speaker 1: That it's cool to recognize husband when the button was pushed.
Speaker 3: But we haven't acknowledged when a button was pushed for Like we were talking around this, but when has a button been pushed for DOCI? When did the industry push a button on DOCI?
Speaker 1: I think it was pushed Grammy Knight.
Speaker 3: Pushing a button would would initiate or signify that she didn't deserve her Grammy, do you not think that she not?
Speaker 1: I'm not see and I think that's the con that's kind of like the negative tone that comes with the button being pushed is that you say, oh, somebody doesn't deserve it. I'm not That's when I'm saying the button was pushed. It's not because an artist doesn't deserve it. When I say this, meaning like they recognized that, Okay, we like this this artist. We think that this artist has a good thing here, good talent. Let's magnify this, let's amplify this, Let's let's make sure we get this out to as much people that may not know about this artist as possible, because we think that this is dope. That's what I mean. Why when I say the button was pushed, meaning like now everything is get ready to go up, like okay, cool, we like her, boom send up or boom, we like him send them up like that, to me is what the button is. But not saying the artist doesn't deserve it and it's not talented. I don't want that to be the tone that I'm I'm pushing. I'm just saying that we know when an artist is like okay, we see them at sobs, we see them at these smaller venues and then it's like something happens to where it's now like, yo, they just sold out fucking you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like, but it goes back to our original Grammy host Grammy episode when we were like, we don't really understand if it's numbers what it is, but if they're gonna go this route, at least they did get it right, Like yeah, if there was some type of shit behind the scenes where TDE did pay or whatever, the fuck, all right, they got it right though, Like it wasn't like there was a bullshit album that sold eleven thousand copies and one right there is still matching with talent level and music here. So at that point I kind of stopped caring. It's more so like the Lauren stuff with my nerdy brain that I'm like, Okay, that's a that's a look, look like look a Grammy. Lauren Hill brought you ONTs to how many people on earth.
Speaker 1: Can say yeah, but why are you so surprised by that?
Speaker 2: Can't even say that?
Speaker 1: But why why are you so surprised by that? When she's in a very small club with Lauren Hill. Now it's only Lauren and Carti that have best rap albums as female as female rappers.
Speaker 3: And on top of that, the type of female rap that though she does is like the type of shit that Lauren Hill would out. Granted, though she does, people will get it misconstrued. Does she does rap about a bunch of did you shit? But she does it in a way where you don't hear pussy, pussy, pussy, pussy pussy every five seconds, which I'm sure Lauren as an m siege has been waiting. Has Lauren has been waiting to hear somebody like that? Like acknowledging Nikki, you don't have a choice but to acknowledge Nikki because Nikki put the work in over time and showed her her versatility. Nicki has a lot of pussy rap all pussy rap, No, but she has she has a lot of pick And also Nicki was very sexualized throughout her career. That's not something that hit. Nikki was the one that made the big fake but a thing, so she has she was very sexualized in her career.
Speaker 2: But well, there's videos of Lauren and Nikki Yah together backstage when she was bowing down, which I YEA get it.
Speaker 3: What I was saying is it took Nikki a long time to get to that spot. When we're talking about why she might have gotten there faster, I think Lauren Hill might identify with a little bit more. I don't think it's just because of VI Grammy. I think it's I think Lauren really likes her and likes her music. I think that that's what it is. So when it comes to that, when it comes to a Colt sign, no matter how legendary the person is, you can't you can't really take that away or say they're not deserving that because I, no matter who I am, I'm a legend whatever I say that I like this artist and I want more people to listen to this artist. That's what a co sign is. That's like somebody if somebody would have said that Sierra didn't deserve her Genet co sign at the time, like it, or Megan didn't deserve her Beyonce.
Speaker 2: Colt, No, No, I get it. I did see a lot of people saying it was similar to when Game Snoop and I forgot what other West Coast artists where there gave Kendrick passed to torch to him like in la that whole and everyone's like, oh, he only had section eighty out at that time. While I agree, I don't think they're comparable Section eighty and no respect to alligators, I think I had a number one of my favorite rap album last year. Section eighty is Security NUM's Fred of You. Section eighty is Section eighty. Like that was a moment in there, as if we knew solidified at that point, Kendrick Lamar was different and this guy wasn't going anywhere. I'm not saying no, she's gonna go anywhere. I hope she stays. I can't wait to see her growth, But that to me was way different. And even then I was like, damn, that was quick snoop and game co signing off your first your first tape, Yeah, I mean technically the one that broke.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought that was even a little crazy. So I was pulled up this nod shit because this is kind of what I was talking about. This was on hip Hop is Dead. Eight years in the game. I'm sorry on your four years in the game. We can have a conversation eight years in the game. I invite you on vacation ten years in the game, after I enjoyed my fame. Only then I'll even let you pick my brain right, Like you you have to be four albums in to even talk to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand, I but I get that.
Speaker 2: And again this is totally but this is the type of music and point of view that I grew up on as far as how rappers did their co signing or like even being a like, yeah he nice, but he can't be next to me. Yeah, he has to prove a lot more to even get in this rund.
Speaker 1: But we spoke about that like it's it's a real thing when it's like yo, like you got to prove that you're gonna be here while like we talked about the average lifespan of a rapper being what a year? Two years?
Speaker 2: I maybe?
Speaker 1: So like you think somebody like Nads is gonna open up his his bandwidth and his fucking you know ip to somebody that's only gonna be around for like eighteen months and give them like it's like, no, you got to prove that one you respect this culture. One you're gonna add to it, enhance it and help grow it and push it forward, and then you can sit down and kick it and be like yo, like so nah's like when you did, it's like that's a rite of passage to people that care about this culture that you know, they know that they have to protect it and they have to you know, leave it in better hands than they they found it. So it's a lot of these rappers. Yeah, you don't get to sit down and kick it and talk to certain people unless you prove that, Yo, I'm in this for the right reasons. I'm in here to enhance this, I'm in here to grow this. I'm in here to push this. And I'm dope and I'm talented, and you know, I'm not just some person that just caught a record and went viral and now I think that I'm you know, it's like, no, that don't.
Speaker 2: Go like that.
Speaker 3: I hear that. And if we were talking about, like you said with nas, that makes sense. We can't really have that conversation in regards to Laurence Hill because everything that you just described, Why do I have to prove that I'm gonna be here for a while when you ain't proved that you won't be here for a while. You had one classic album, we got up out of here. And that's not me disrespecting Laura Hill, but Lauryn Hill had once that's well known. She had one solo album, amazing album, legendary album, and it dipped. So why would I have to prove to you that I'm gonna be here for ten years when you didn't do that?
Speaker 2: Okay, and it's hypothetical. Laura Hill is still Lauren Hill, and even though she hasn't put out music, she's still Lauren Hill. And if she wanted to actually go and.
Speaker 1: That when album is better than people's entire catalogs.
Speaker 3: For sure, No, for sure, I agree with you, but I'm just like you longevity and so does does quality matter?
Speaker 1: Does long jevity? Okay?
Speaker 2: But both?
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: Let's let's also like not pretend like there's not a Fuji's catalog for sure, Like I understand Blood Off Reality is probably not everyone's go to, but let's not act like the score doesn't exist. And who carried that motherfucking album right into miseducation? And I know you guys cloud me for this. I think her unplugged performance of completely original music is a classic fucking album.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 2: I think it's amazing, So yeah, I get the critique, but let's that's Lauren Hill. If she wanted to go and fucking sell with Barclays tomorrow, she's doing it.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: Now we're saying all this, who really earned the spot and who Lauren Hill should have brought out? Bad Baby.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something that would never happen. Bad Baby will never touch the stage with Lauren Hill. Would never happen.
Speaker 2: Alaband would have some problems.
Speaker 1: Foggy Row too. Foggy Row popped out on that show with Lauren as well. There another artist that I I really I fuck with. Shout out to them and Laura Hill for bringing them out and sharing the stage with some some up and coming and pretty dope talent.
Speaker 2: So you don't think bad Baby was snubbed at the Lauren Hill performance.
Speaker 1: No she she She's not snubbed her new disad, No she will. She will never ever touch the stage with the likes of a Lauren Hill. Love, love the Love the diss record, love what she's doing in that world. Though.
Speaker 2: Listen for those that that don't know, that aren't on Patreon. Our episode that came out yesterday, we played and got Mare up to speed on the Bad Baby Alabama. What's her last name? Bar She put Barker there, Okay, I wasn't sure she had a different name. She didn't want to be an Nepple baby, Alabama Barker beef and over the weekend after Maul heard all of those flames, all of that gas, that kerosene, that ether ship that makes you burn, You fucking can't even speak ninety three. Let she got that ninety three form makes your soul burn?
Speaker 1: Slow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, bad baby said, Oh, you're taking way too much time, and teased a twenty second snippet of her This would be the fourth this at this point, third, this would be the third. You know, I love I love the Barkers.
Speaker 3: Crashed.
Speaker 4: I'm playing one A shot you the crime, baby, you call it a by.
Speaker 1: The lastest that I dropped running back to your daddy, I don't know when I last seen my pop.
Speaker 5: I just killed you.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait, you said you keep running back to your daddy. I don't know when the last time I seen my pops. She's talking now, she's she don't tapped into a whole different type of You know what I'm saying with that talk, You're going to a whole different fan meet the Barkers. Yeah, she going to that's coming, she going ship And she got the Alabama Barker looking like in the video that.
Speaker 3: One's still hot bottom.
Speaker 1: What you've seen in my last video, you posting up big Mama like she with you, bitch? You weird.
Speaker 3: This could used to be fat for the Ozimpics.
Speaker 1: You was a bot bop Ye, you was a bop bop bop Yo. This is yo. Why, this is why I don't fuck with y'all because now y'all got me invested in this type of bullshit. Now y'all got me looking for the for the Bad Baby Alabama barka like y'all got me about to jump into that part of the social world.
Speaker 2: You didn't see that the group chat yesterday. Me and Marison Pach have our notifications on, like we're waiting for this. This snippet was too crazy. I need to know. The moment this shit drops, I'll go, you know, and they do the countdown for premieres. I'll be in her super chat donating.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Bad Baby is writing this, but she's delivering the hell out.
Speaker 2: Of this like she she sounds why you will question her pen I.
Speaker 1: Mean, she sounds very comfortable. I have to believe that she's writing it because she sounds very comfortable rapping and like really delivering these bars like she's talking spicy on this ship.
Speaker 3: You keep running back to you, daddy, don't know when I last seen my pops. It's crazy as fuck when I heard that ship my bit says.
Speaker 1: She said, she's saying it like it's a bad thing to see your pops, like you keep running back. I don't know when the last time I seen.
Speaker 2: That's not a I was sitting next to my dad when I listen to this, that's not like a.
Speaker 1: Good like a bad baby. We shouldn't be like saying that like it's a bad thing that somebody sees their dad, like she said.
Speaker 3: I blink and then one eighty two shots.
Speaker 2: Travis might Travis a different type of drum now, Travis.
Speaker 1: Might be on the clock now, different type of drum.
Speaker 3: Yoda, that was her, that was her crazy.
Speaker 2: That's how just I don't even catch it.
Speaker 1: Travis might be on the clock now. He might have to get in this. He might have to get in there now.
Speaker 3: He can't lebron a situation.
Speaker 1: He talking with it.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do a drum solo about her.
Speaker 1: She told my blink one eighty two.
Speaker 2: Okay, see now, because we talked about this on Patrio Metro got in.
Speaker 1: It made a beat. He said, I can't rap, but yeah, he made a beat. Travis might have to get you know me, like he gonna have to do something.
Speaker 2: And we did talk on Patreon. Subscribe now because.
Speaker 1: Alabama getting washted right now, let's just keep it a beat. Alabama was getting.
Speaker 2: Travisy start acting like Lebron and fucking confront some of the.
Speaker 1: Keep my daughter's name otter, fuck your mouth. He got to run down on bad baby like, yo, keep my daughter's name out your fucking mouth.
Speaker 2: That baby being stephen A and the same like real talk man. But Jamaric says, make a good point because we were saying, yeah, Travis's gonna stay out of this, like that's his daughter's business whatever. I mean, they they said your name, yeah, what's the lead singer in the bass player? You guys on the clock too, blink one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You know they all got to get back in because she didn't what's my age again?
Speaker 3: She just said, I blink and it's one eighty two shots Like that's not that's not a diss, that's.
Speaker 1: A just yeah, but don't put me in your Ontoendrews though. That's why I'm mad a if I'm Travis Balker, don't even make me a party. I'm not playing this game with y'all.
Speaker 2: No, because I got the drum.
Speaker 1: The kit is right here in the garage, like, don't play with me. I was going past the kit.
Speaker 2: It's a different type of kit. But now you have to stay consistent because after the like that verse when Kendrick didn't say anyone's name, he just said it's big me and then did the K nine for all the dog shit you said, he they got a reply. So yes, Bad Baby did high level elite rapping on Sondras, but it did say blankewn Eddie too in that bar. Just because it was some shit that was, you know, like cannabis level, doesn't mean that she didn't say anyone's name. She said Blakeney too. It's on the clock, all three of them.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm just thank y'all for you know, making me away of this situation. But I hate that. I'm like really looking forward to like these rhymes and these late songs now, like I'm really waiting to hear with Bad Like I'm mad she's just teasing us with this little twenty clips that she just gave us Noah, drop the record. I wanted to hear what you say because if that's the ball, well, I don't know when the last time I seen my pops. All right, man, all right man, she we now we dealing with somebody that don't care what they like. I'm let y'all know everything she cares. Yeah, she don't care about shit.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: If you want to know what we're talking about, if you're completely lost right now, please sign up for the Supervisor level of Patreon, where we break the beef down. We do lyrical breakdowns like everything we really get into it. Somebody popped over this like it's real.
Speaker 1: Gradyst Beef of all time doing a lyrical breakdown on Bad Baby and Alabama.
Speaker 2: Barker is so fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: Look what y'all got me here doing.
Speaker 2: And we've been wrong a lot with these brad battles. We even said with the Draken Kennick, sy oh, it's'd be cool to just stay on wax and that went off the rails. Kanye already cleared a sample for Bad Baby. I think Travis is now going to get involved because just Code of the Streets said your name, you gotta get you have to be there wait till Kanye West show up in her video. Wait till we get a Bad Baby Kanye WESTDP.
Speaker 3: Now, Kanye already came out and put out his statement. Kanye said, I don't know. I just cleared the record. I do not have a verse. That is false because it was rumors going on that Kanye had a verse on Bad Baby song, and he was like, I do not have a verse. I just got off the phone with Travis Barker and I have nothing to do with this.
Speaker 2: I can think of one. I can think of one person on earth that has a Kanye West sample. I think it's j Cole on workout. Yeah, also saying by something who has a Kanye West sample? So many fucking samples. He knew exactly what the fucking fact. Yeah, the fact that he cleared that is crazy. He just thought it was a song. No, you didn't, you know, you knew what tom it was.
Speaker 1: I can't believe Kanye cleared that sample.
Speaker 3: Kanye, because Kanye heard that ship and was he doesn't clear samples.
Speaker 2: I'm saying this is this is deeper than rap.
Speaker 1: No, I understand what you're saying now, but that's why I'm just like, just just that alone, is like Kanye really cleared a sample for this. Yeah, yeah, that's wild.
Speaker 2: There's children involved. Yeah, this is deeper than rap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it. I'll get it now.
Speaker 3: But yeah, y'all can check that out and check that out on Patreon. Unfortunately, bad Baby get.
Speaker 2: His kids back. Then with when bad Baby get his kids Kanyan.
Speaker 3: Kanye's kids shut up stupid.
Speaker 2: I mean, he put it on us and we didn't do it. So I feel like she owes him.
Speaker 3: Bad Baby's house was targeted by gunman after we're not keeping it.
Speaker 2: Wrap no more.
Speaker 1: Now we're gonna move it to something else. Yeah, just that fast. The house has been targeted by gunman, Like all right, man.
Speaker 3: The three gunmen attempted to into her home in Los Angeles just minutes after her baby father got to the house.
Speaker 2: Okay, I known nothing about her baby father. Also, one of my favorite parts of Patreon was breaking down that legend. But you have to subscribe to hear that. That's the motherfucking goes their baby father. Yeah, I mean his name Lamar Lavon Levon. So now they after he obviously he is. He's into some ship that we know nothing. That's I don't think this has anything to do. We joked about the rap battle being involved with the shooting. But I think her baby father is he's in over his head on something currently and they are not happy about it. Yeah, so I don't think you don't think Bamo was sent of the goons.
Speaker 1: No, I think that bad Baby should stay away from whoever his dud is because he obviously got some shit going on that is now coming to her home.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we don't want to child is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't want to see. We don't want to see any of that ship. So please, man, I just let's have jokes, let's have fun, listen to some raps, break down some bars. Last, but we don't want to open our phones to see that something happened to anybody, especially not Bad Baby like this is. That would just be absolutely fucking crazy.
Speaker 3: Of course, not other new music came out before we move into our next topic. We had predictions about the Jello and Glow really stop looking at me, and last, what the fuck it's funny.
Speaker 2: Y'all'm laughing at myself.
Speaker 3: We had predictions about the Jello.
Speaker 1: I still didn't hear this record, so y'all take it away.
Speaker 2: Have you have you heard Tweaker.
Speaker 3: Yes it okay, No, I won't even say that because I like Tweaker. Y'all know I've been a big tweaker. I like to tweaker was good. This is not good.
Speaker 2: It's a diet tweaker.
Speaker 1: Oh, not saying y'all not jacketing. Because when we heard this was coming out, y'all was like, oh, this is gonna be.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's why I said on it, this is gonna be.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought.
Speaker 1: And now that shit fell flat.
Speaker 2: Oh I was completely wrong. Yeah, that's why I was laughing. I came in here on birthday. It's on record. I said, this is a certified hit. There's no way Glowilla got on this yellow ship if it wasn't something that was pro pech.
Speaker 1: This is shit. I don't like about them.
Speaker 2: Oh, apologizing accounability, not that.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the apology, not that, not that, because one hand, how one hand can he say, oh, you didn't hear you heard tweaker?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: So basically it's the same record. How is this trash?
Speaker 2: But in Tweaking it's a shittier version of Tweaker that we didn't need.
Speaker 1: Man, both of them records is fucking terrible. I didn't even hit his record, and I know it's trash.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was a it was a waste of a good glow reverse. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the taker of everybody that somewhere, every always trying to chase a viral moment. You went viral with the tweaking ship. But me as a music head, a music fan, I'm listening to it, I'm like, oh, this is Chad GBT, cash money, hot boys.
Speaker 2: This is I mean, that's what they did again. This one just had a way shittier clip.
Speaker 1: Then when I seen them at All Star Weekend we seen him perform, It's like, fam, just go sit now. You're still trying to chase this viral moment. We get it. The Jello, the Ball Brothers, NBA All Star week and they're trying to tie al that in. I get it. But I'm a music fan, bro, this is your disrespecting the ecosystem of hip hop. It is bullshit. Go sit down. You went viral, salute, work on your game, try to get back in the G League or something.
Speaker 4: Do that.
Speaker 1: This rap shit stop, Bro, it's not It's very seldom that ballplayers are great rappers. Shout out to Dame Dollar, shout out the Shaq even cob Ai, those guys. You know who's the guy that the kid, the Christian rapper in the NBA. What's his name? He went to Duke tall Kid? I forgot his name.
Speaker 2: Disciple, Jeff Disciple, Jeff.
Speaker 3: Call back to Patrearch callback Sorry, Marvin Bagley?
Speaker 1: Is it Badley?
Speaker 2: I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I think he I think he's Christian rap. You know, he tries to do his thing, you know what I mean. But it's like, just sit down, man, Jello, sit down. I know they're trying to recoup that deal, y'all say anything. I didn't even I wouldn't even press play on this record. I wouldn't even press play.
Speaker 2: I don't really see. I think Twiggers are going to continue to play for a few more fur months. I don't know if this song is going to make any mix. I don't think we're going.
Speaker 1: So you don't see Jello being on stage with nas at Radio City in front of them.
Speaker 2: For I mean, I think it's deserving. Yeah, I mean I would help it.
Speaker 1: You think he made his bones already.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, January's past, so we couldn't award him Album of the Year with that one. But I think even if he doesn't have a rap album for next year's cycle, I think we should still give.
Speaker 1: It to Okay, yeah, I mean well, I mean no surprise, dah. I know that it would be trash because the first one is trash as far as I'm concerned. But y'all seem to like it and had y'all little moment with it and made tiktoks and all.
Speaker 2: This other shit. Okay, yeah, we was tweaking.
Speaker 1: It wasn't no tiktoks. It's not no tiktoks. There's not no tiktoks to this one.
Speaker 2: I'm sure. I'm sure def Jam is going to put a dance together and pay influences on TikTok to do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, but that's what everyone does that all right, Well.
Speaker 3: Would y'all watch I know y'all don't want to see Jello. Would y'all want to watch Antonio Brown perform?
Speaker 1: Put that shit on?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: That record? To me is better than tweaking. Antonio Brown record is better than tweaking. I don't give fuck with y'all talk.
Speaker 2: Okay, which version?
Speaker 1: Wait? Version?
Speaker 2: Let me let me let me see, like how deep a music head you are with AB. The live version with the DJ doing the ad libs in the back is the one that was hard. That's like, if you're a real music head, that's the version you listen to, Like day twenty six, I want You for Real ballad, like the ballad live performance, that's the one we listened to. You don't listen to the album version. So if you're a real a B fan and you really into the CT shit and let me die by it, you only listen to the live DJ version.
Speaker 1: And you got to have a concussion. You say you had to have had a concussion at some point your life, you.
Speaker 2: Know, talk about like certain Pink Floyd songs or even certain like Beatles songs, Grateful Dead, led Zeppelin, that you had to be on acid or be on a subst stuff like it's good as it is, but wait until you take this substance, run your head into a fucking wall, and go listen to AB. You'll see the whole.
Speaker 1: Whole different experience, a whole different abyes, the same conversation, same conversation.
Speaker 2: Dark side of your brain, right, I get it. I'm I was gonna want to go to Firefest anyways.
Speaker 3: You've been saying that We've been saying that for a while.
Speaker 2: Me and Justice are are very very serious about going with the like just as as as patrons, like just ticket paying people. We didn't even try to like reach out. We just want to go.
Speaker 3: Well, it's supposed to be in Mexico. But the director of tourism for Islamuher said that they have no knowledge of this event or contract only person.
Speaker 1: They don't genius.
Speaker 2: This this the rollout. They don't have no knowledge of fake story. They let y'all know that.
Speaker 1: How don't come to Mexico mad when you niggas get blogy and cheese sandwiches. Again, that ain't got nothing to do with Mexico.
Speaker 3: He said. He continues to suggest that there are red flags all over the place, including the coordinates of the festival location on his website, which just lead to the ocean between Cancun and Isla.
Speaker 2: Mohair is all right, I'm gonna put it this way for a yacht party, no disrespect to the locals of the Bahamas. I know they get it shaken as well. It's not just a vacation resort. Get shaken in the Yeah, that's one thing. If Billy starts fucking with the carts out. That's gonna be a different documentary. You could play a little bit and get out of the Bahamas quickly. It's closer to Florida. Yeah, dog, they are going to put Billy's head on a fucking stick in the middle of town.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't hey Billy to check this out.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: We liked the hustle, We respect it. I respect hustle. Man. Do not go to Mexico with this ship playing games. If you're gonna do this festival, do the festival. Because I like Rory, I would I ain't go lie if it looks like it's really gonna happen, I would want to go just to see. Hell how y'all put it together? Because I do think that. You know, he had intentions on getting the first one. They just got out of hand, became a bigger, you know, load than he thought.
Speaker 2: Pause.
Speaker 1: Now you know what to expect. You should have everything in order to make this thing a real event. Don't go to Mexico playing with these people and have them have all these tourists come there and then it ain't no event and it's boloney sandwiches in styrofoam plates. Don't do that. He was Tom an.
Speaker 2: Do you follow Billy on Instagram?
Speaker 1: No, Rory, I do not.
Speaker 2: I don't, but he still makes my algorithms, like when he does videos about Firefest too. He his parole board is gonna have to have a conversation with him. He's learned nothing, he was not rehabilitated whatsoever. He's sitting there like all the vip Combata packs are done now, all sold out in one hundred, one hundred of them in five minutes. Like, oh, you learn nothing and you don't even have a location.
Speaker 1: He's doing all that In the directive, Tourism is saying he has no knowledge of this. The coordinates are in the middle of.
Speaker 2: The ocean, and Billy just walking around the West village gloating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Billy, Billy, Billy boy, Billy boy, you on your waits jail a kind you on your way direct the tourism don't even know what's happened. Is he even allowed to go out of the country. He's got to still be.
Speaker 2: On Parole's a federal crime. Yeah, you can't leave the fucking country.
Speaker 1: How long? How long was that? Though he might be he might be good now.
Speaker 2: He got out posts COVID though he was in during COVID.
Speaker 3: They're like two years he's been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he probably good. He probably not on restriction no more. He probably not the.
Speaker 2: Only I feel like the only setback with those like white collar crimes where they go to a resort. I feel like you're just on probation forever because you don't really get any years.
Speaker 3: But then also like it's technically if it's for work, is it does?
Speaker 2: Like you think Jordan Belford is still not on You think he can still trade?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no no, let me tell you what. Jordan Belfer can't do it. He can never trade a stock again in his life. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know if Billy can just run out there without some parole officer saying it's okay.
Speaker 3: Well, let's plan a trip to Mexico. Whether it happens or whether it's.
Speaker 1: Not, we cover it. What is that May thirtieth they said.
Speaker 3: They see from May thirtieth to June something.
Speaker 1: If I'm not mistaken, this sounds bad. Don't feel like nothing is happening. Yeah, we ain't seen a picture a flyer.
Speaker 2: Y'all know how close May thirtieth is. Yeah, that's what you don't have a location. I think this is a rollout honestly for what though? What is he rolling out Firefest too? I think planting these stories of their going through the same thing or whatever, knowing they have something legitimately booked and done that they're going to announce in a week could be a strategy. No, because this is jowing more attention like that the way we're talking about, like damn Billy, he ain't learned fun And then you see us certified it's sponsored by Verizon, like all this shit where it's like this is.
Speaker 1: Legit May thirtieth through June second, May thirty through June second, and Directive Tourism has no idea what is going on? We have no knowledge of this. This ain't happening, man. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: We're gonna bring John Rule with us too.
Speaker 1: Job play games if you want another time you got you got out of the first one, the second one on. They might tell you to go in that same cell with Billy board Ya. Y'all gonna be sellies now for sure. Either way. I hope it does go down though, because I think the idea of this this festival was dope. It was, it was amazing, but they need to make it happen just the.
Speaker 2: Right Waystically, it's a fucking night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 2: Of course the idea is amazing.
Speaker 3: But throwing a festival in another country is just.
Speaker 2: And like on an island, people camping. It's yeah, it's not like Coachella where there's a real infrastructure. They didn't have fucking plumbing, let alone food, So imagine drinking the moment you land. They sent them all to that bar because they still weren't set up. You watch people pouring tequila down, they fucking throw and have no room. Then then you get there and it's a tent and an air mattress that's soaking wet, wake up with your hangover and there's no water.
Speaker 1: That's bad.
Speaker 3: That's I cannot believe that the fact that that really happened to people.
Speaker 1: People that have nobody, nobody that went there. Have they ever been on a podcast and talked about it that they experienced.
Speaker 2: There was the one guy, there was one Ginger guy that was in the dock, the one on Netflix that talked he was just someone that bought a ticket about the experience. But podcast wise, I'm sure there has been that. I just haven't seen. You haven't seen anybody do a round table and just go find them. No, I'm just a lot people are embarrassed. They didn't want to say they was there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think that but everybody having a you know, a studio and pot and podcast now, I think that we would see more people saying, like, yo, that ship was absolutely Aside from the documentary, I've never seen anybody on social media talking about the experience. At the first one.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like those people are probably embarrassed because that's probably stuper as fucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but at that point you laugh at yourself like, yo, they got me, Like, I've just never seen anybody talking about this shit. But whatever, Hopefully the second one is actually happens, and you know.
Speaker 2: It's conspiracy and we should look into that. Maybe it never happened, Maybe it's all just a everything is in a conspiracy. Or I'll tell you what's not a conspiracy whatsoever? Billy trying to put a B on the island. What happens when you put a D on the island?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 2: That was a great segue.
Speaker 3: Fuck y'allag Have y'all spoken to Clay lately?
Speaker 1: Nah spoken to.
Speaker 2: On DM probably like a month ago.
Speaker 1: So a D from love is blind I forgot which season that was, but obviously a D and Clay were to breakout and start a couple of that show.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we had Clay on our podcast and had an incredible conversation, one of accountability, one of laughs, one of redemption. I feel like a real learning experience. And I was not aware that his former fiance went on another show. Is this the same show? I know, Nicholas, she is running a racket? Is blind?
Speaker 1: Love Island? Is this love? Fiance is from Love is Blind UK? His name is Ali, And I'm not sure if this was on A Lover's Blind show or not, but they talked about it on the reunion yea, and they showed it and so congrats to a D. She is now engaged love That to Ali from Love is Blind UK. Now, while we are happy for a D, she's been down this road before. She's been engaged.
Speaker 2: She's been down that aisle, if you will, she's been.
Speaker 1: Down that aisle. She's been engaged, you know, she's she's been happy, you know. So you know, because we we love a D and we support her, Hopefully this is going to go all the way through and she'll actually be married and be happy and you know, have a beautiful family. Because she seems to be a deserving and deserving woman. So congrats to a d getting engaged.
Speaker 3: I think it's real because everybody is like crying, and they don't do that often. So I feel like it's like she finally love.
Speaker 2: They cry in the pods when they haven't even seen the person.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not talking about them, I'm talking about the other peoples are kind of like, I'm so happy for her, like she got her true love. So I think it might be real.
Speaker 1: I hope so. I hope so because Ad she seems like a sweet, sweet woman.
Speaker 3: So how you think Clay Handling?
Speaker 2: I do want to say, our brother, our brother in Christ, Clay, we loved blindness. Clay, I'm on your side, he said, he loves Ad. I'm on your side. Bro. You know you know I give it up. I think now finally, after this happened, Clay is ready to make an honest woman out of her. Of course I think now he's like, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Probably right now. I don't do that, man, Clay, Clay, he.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't have been ready if they didn't get engaged. But since they got engaged, I think Clay is ready. Now.
Speaker 3: Now you gotta wait until they get married and she gets pregnant. Then he could like that. I was supposed to be my baby.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: Nahe Clay is not gonna do that.
Speaker 2: He's not that.
Speaker 1: This is what Clay ain't gonna do that.
Speaker 2: Man, after they post like the wedding video, I could see Clay going in the d MS saying something cryptis like, but does he make you laugh?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Man, why are you paying Clay to beat this douchebag like that? Man?
Speaker 2: Nicholas paid him to do that.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I think Clay is. I think he's happy for I think he's spoken.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he's happy.
Speaker 1: He's spoken about being the woman. And you know, he just wasn't you know? He wasn't ready? He was I think Clay was. We don't give Clay well, I did, but we don't as a whole, don't give Clay enough respect or you know, praise for being honest with his true feelings. Like y'all, I just wasn't you know? I was really I wasn't gonna I respect.
Speaker 2: Him and worse if he went through it again.
Speaker 1: It's crazy that he left her at the altar. I'm like, damn, bro, you could have did that the day before, the night before.
Speaker 3: But then we wouldn't be talking about him.
Speaker 1: But then we wouldn't be talking.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It is what it is, and that's not shame to Clay. Me and Claire are friends, and I.
Speaker 2: Don't do that.
Speaker 3: We are friends now.
Speaker 2: I know he was happy when he saw Dant for her happiness for Clay's misery.
Speaker 3: Clay is not gonna be miserable. Clay is currently in some pussy right now. He hasn't even woken up instantly the news yet, Like what are we? Why are we act like we don't know who we talk about?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 1: Clay Clay, he's happy, He's I'm sure he's happy.
Speaker 3: For he says he loves her. And when you love somebody, really love them, love, especially when you love them enough not to be with them, you are happy when they find happiness. They're probably a little.
Speaker 1: Bite but great the Great May said, I want to see you happy, girl, even if it's not with me. What I'm saying, yeah, you wasn't you wasn't come. You still eat spaghetti sandwiches.
Speaker 2: When they said that, and then and then fifty remixed the song and said, I don't want you happy if you're not with me, I identified way more of a fifty on. Oh man, that's so that's a bullet wound, bitch. I ain't yea a.
Speaker 3: Never ya ain't never like had to watch somebody you love be happy with somebody else. Oh yeah, yeah, for sure. I think that's a saying to be happy for them. I was happy for them, Okay, like genuinely happy. I'm in the crib nobody around you're still happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm genuinely happy for any girl I've ever dated that it's happy now, Like I don't.
Speaker 2: I've seen people that have done me wrong be miserable, and I can't lie that I didn't sit alone in my house with a smile. Oh but the opposite of if I cared for someone in love, Yeah, of course I want to see them happy. There's one them fucking miserable because we're not together.
Speaker 1: Like I dated women that after we've dated and you know, broke up or whatever, they start dating dudes that I know any ship, And I'm just like, but wait a minute, how you how you was having all of this with me and was? But now you sit here front like you happy with this?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 1: Cut it off?
Speaker 3: Lot better you learn how to dress it up, dress it up and make it real for me?
Speaker 2: Is dirty back okay? Is internal dirty mac?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: What do you mean is I felt the same feelings Malls had, but I didn't express them because that would be dirty macking. But I didn't feel them.
Speaker 3: No, So then that that's just feelings. You're free to feel whatever emotion.
Speaker 1: I expressed it to the woman like, No, I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Internal mutual friends.
Speaker 3: Was getting that off, right?
Speaker 1: No, I never said it to like a mutual friend. I'm just I just like, look at the related I'm just like, I know he ain't shit, Like I know you're not happy because he do shit and he got shipped with him that I never had in our relationship. So how to like what?
Speaker 2: She went up to Tomkins to see the dudes to trust just.
Speaker 1: Like baby mama, drama shit like that, Like he's probably alcoholic, you know, coming home, we probably done smacked you a couple of times, like oh my Jesus Christ, yeah, that type of shit. It's like you still like you ain't happy.
Speaker 3: There are women not me, but there are women who would prefer domestic violence.
Speaker 2: Over There are women that there's a term of that of whatever Stockholm syndrome or whatever the fuck it is with victims start feeling okay with their abuser. That doesn't mean it's good. No, they're not happy. They think that okay, but they're not. No.
Speaker 1: Some women, again, just to clean it up a little bit, some women do prefer toxic environment, toxic energy. They're used to it. That's what they used to when they have a healthy When they have a healthy environment, they don't know how to accept it and be like, Yo, there's nothing wrong. Everything is fine in.
Speaker 3: This scenario, you were the healthy environment.
Speaker 1: Well in comparison to Homie. Absolutely, Now I got my ship with me. Everybody got this shit?
Speaker 3: What do you think your shit is? Let's dive deep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talk about mind every episode.
Speaker 1: Probably lack of communication, like when it comes to certain things that I'm just like when in a relationship that I just wouldn't address maybe like things like that. I know how that could be like strenuous on a relationship not addressing certain things and not talking about certain things yet, but I also do make it a comfortable space to talk about it. I may not initiate the conversation, and there's certain things I mean I want to talk about like, I'm not going to keep trying to prove my you know, loyalty and honesty to a woman, Like if you don't trust me, let's just not deal with each other. That's my result. Okay, you don't trust me, cool, we can go goss every ways. I'm not gonna sit there and keep being on probation, Like, yo, home by eight thirty.
Speaker 2: If you communicated, you could be trusted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not. No, but I but I do. But I'm not going to communicate my every move. I'm not hood. I'm a grown man. I'm not gonna be like yo, stopping here, Hey, stopping here, shared my location, going here. I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe she just wanted you to communicate at the times you weren't just trying to be instead of a like, yeah, what you're doing tonight, It's like yo, yo, you're still.
Speaker 1: Out question mark at the times I wasn't trying to beat yeah.
Speaker 2: Like that was the time you would communicate best is when you were trying to fuck or have her coming through. Lady of the night.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, Rory, lady trying to paint me. You pain me as gay, and then now you paint me.
Speaker 2: As a guy to this, my mother did that. I mean, I know I'm affiliated, yeah, but you're with her.
Speaker 1: But you set the screen though she shot the shot, but you set the screen for Mom to get.
Speaker 3: That, because I guarantee you ain't getting angry like mom, fuck out of here, like MAM's not gay, Like you don't even say no shit like that.
Speaker 2: You need to that.
Speaker 1: That would probably make me even more gay. Like if he defended me to his mother like that, like talk like that, my mom would look at me like your old fucking.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I about to say, somebody up be like yo, wait, that was a little too too aggressive, like you I y'all good over there at the studio, like what y'all be doing?
Speaker 2: My mom's when those older school Irish women that just puts gay on everyone, like that's I like it grew up in the church.
Speaker 1: Yeah I'm familiar.
Speaker 2: She you know, well, give him to college, but they do freshman orientation in the summer before and like your parents can be I guess there for like the beginning part of it. And I was hanging with someone that was gonna be on the track team as well, who I didn't think was gay. But my mom, as she was leaving and I was saying goodbye, said, oh, I'm so proud of you. It's like, for what, hanging out with somebody gay? Like that's cool that you don't care. I'm like, I don't think he You spent like thirty minutes with him. He was just at our orientation.
Speaker 1: Moms. I respect mam. She know her gay dolls up?
Speaker 2: Okay, in her defense, he was gay. He is now a flight attendant.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, if you're a flight attended, you're definitely Flame from soul play. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: What's funny.
Speaker 1: The fact that you.
Speaker 2: Remember his name is crazy. I didn't even know that that was his name, and soul plain.
Speaker 1: Flame was the name of that.
Speaker 2: It wasn't aware that character even with.
Speaker 1: Like afought that was just the gay flight attendant. I know his name Flame?
Speaker 3: Did you just grind at me a little?
Speaker 1: Crazy?
Speaker 3: That's a class.
Speaker 2: He was hilarious, man, That ship was hilarious.
Speaker 1: Right, Are you automatically gay? If you're like a male flight attendant.
Speaker 3: Trying to get us out of here, trying to get us out.
Speaker 2: To be honest, that's a cool gig. Like, I don't think it's I didn't don't. I don't think straight man. See this is what he does.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that's cool, gig. I never said it wasn't.
Speaker 2: I'm saying I think straight men should pursue that more like that's a really good gig. But I think everyone has in their mind that that is more of a woman in gay men job. But there's a lot of straight men that do that.
Speaker 1: And yo, this is what he does. Man. He tried to leave me on the island by myself the whole time. He got a commander here too, Nigga, you got a command it right next to my Yes, you feel like male flight attendants are gay.
Speaker 2: I've definitely seen a straight male flight attendant more than once.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you could count them.
Speaker 1: That means he counted yeah, straight male flight.
Speaker 2: Statistically, yes, women, then gay men. I'm sure if we looked up those stats of who works as flight attendant would be women, then gay men, and then straight men. But there is straight men.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's definitely straight menn. Yeah, because I've flirted with a flight attend.
Speaker 2: We have to bring actually, let's bring back d uh more straight men need to get those jobs. I think I think we are being oppressed. I think dot she oppressed us yesterday. I think the flight attended schools are oppressing us d I is important for straight white men to get that job. Well, maybe you want to we want to be sky waitresses.
Speaker 3: Maybe y'all don't apply because y'all think it's a gay job.
Speaker 2: You how much pussy you could crush?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say a heterosexual man, he don't want to be cracking open ginger rails on a flight. You want to fly that motherfucker.
Speaker 2: That's I don't think that's the only thing that should be cut out of this.
Speaker 1: What why should that be cut out?
Speaker 3: There's nothing wrong we're cracking open ginger rails.
Speaker 2: Yes, nothing wrong with that at all. And there's plenty of straight men that do that already at as bartenders.
Speaker 3: Except they don't get to fly for free.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the flight You know, remember the Christen in the video when they were the only two straight guys at uh the all girls school?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: You would those numbers you crushing pussy. I'll open a ginger rel for that.
Speaker 1: I just think that statistics would show that there's a very low number of heterosexual male flight attendants. Yeah, I agree, Okay, that's all the numbers on.
Speaker 2: That's all you were saying, number that's the only thing that you I'm concluding. I'm just saying the numbers are on my side. The conversation is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I think that the numbers support what I'm saying, is all I'm trying to say here, that's it, Okay.
Speaker 2: I also don't think there's a high number of gay men on oil rigs in the North Sea. I hear you. Yeah, there's just you're playing the stackers. That's all exactly.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm doing. Your numbers got the marriage hip bartender.
Speaker 3: So there is around seventy nine percent female flight attendants and twenty one percent male flight attendants.
Speaker 2: That's what they don't higher number one.
Speaker 3: I thought, Yeah, they don't say how many of them are straight.
Speaker 2: But that would be a great, like retirement job. I would do that, just get to travel every where.
Speaker 3: Why not become a pilot because that's a lot. Why not, because that's like if I say I want to go because history, and you're like, yeah, I want to go into dentistry or I want to be a dental assistant, You're like, hey, why not aim for the sky and go be a Cardiac's fucking surgeon. No, like I don't want to add an additional five years of school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really, I would love to do hard transplants. I just don't think I'm the one that should be doing think I think.
Speaker 1: I think in order to get your pilot license, you probably need just as much flight I as logged in as a as a flight attendant.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: No, And it's also way more schooling and way more pressure.
Speaker 1: It's way more pressure to flat this thing than the crack open a ginger raid the marriage.
Speaker 2: Don't do that because I know a lot of flight attendants, and that school is about safety. They're not teaching you how to fucking give peanuts. They're part of the flight crew. No. Of course, we know being a pilot is tougher than being flight attendant. A podcast or anything along those lines. Yeah, but let's not act like they're not safety experts of the plane. That's really why they're there. Just when there's not an emergency, which thank god they don't happen that often, they give us strikes. Yeah, but their role is really to be the flight crew to help in an emergency.
Speaker 3: And there's been a lot of emergencies lately. So let's not act like they're not earning their keys. Yeah, they're on the front lines right now.
Speaker 1: I mean it's not been a lot if we think about how many flights take off and land every but you never know. Yeah, no, listen, I'm prayers to anybody that we've lost. We've seen a lot of tragedy this year with flights.
Speaker 3: So yes, in shout out to all of our flight attendant listeners, I am not disrespecting your job at all.
Speaker 1: I'm not respecting your job or I'm just sending the numbers lean towards was it twenty mail, Yes, and.
Speaker 2: I think we should bump those numbers up. I believe in equality, gender quality. I think that should be something we should look into.
Speaker 1: Before we go any further. I want to send the rest in peace of Dwayne Wiggins, one of the founding members of the legendary Tony Tony Tony lost him over the weekend. He lost his battle with cancer. So we want to send a prayer to the entire family. You know, you talk about just legendary bands and music and groups, Tony Tony Tony is right there at the top of a lot of those lists. So preis condolences to Dwayne Wiggins and his entire family. And we also forgot last week to send a prayers and condolences to the family of the legendary Roy Airs.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can't count how many times his music has been sampled some you know, most legendary music that we've had and continue to listen to and continue to sample and continue to hear over and over. So prais condolences to the family of the legendary musician mister roy Airs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. And I felt terrible that we forgot about that. Yeah, I mean we said it on Patreon right after, but still you need to say it on the regular episode as well. I guess before we get to possible voicemails, do we want to discuss this juicy thing or just wait to see if more comes out.
Speaker 1: It's not much.
Speaker 2: I mean I don't personally from what I've seen that it feels a little off. But I mean Odell and Drewski came out right away and was like, oh, this is stupid, this is not real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know it's not to me. You know, a lot of that stuff we're gonna hear about that case and around it is not even talking about. It's a lot of bullshit. I mean, and some of it is true, but I think this situation is just something that you know, it's just somebody threw these guys, these individuals names out there, and because it is a court case and it's it is documented that you know, their names came out. But I don't think that there's much much validity to any of that.
Speaker 2: How was how is a lawyer still like allowed to practice after that? Because Drewski made a very logical point in regards to everything. I was not even famous at this, I was broke in my mom's script. How on earth could I be at Ditty's house doing this? Yeah, I did not know Diddy? This is insane. How how does that even get into it? But that was how does that one go? Hey, this there's no fun way they should even be printed.
Speaker 1: But this is going back to the Jay Z situation and the lawyer Tony Buzby. This is what Jay was saying, like, there should be some penalty for lawyers that just, yeah, do things like this and put people's names out there without if.
Speaker 2: You want to risk it, yeah, you have to have some risk.
Speaker 1: You have to you have to stand behind the risk of just throwing my name into into some bullshit. So I think this is one of those another one of those situations, and I don't think there's much to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do we have voicemails.
Speaker 3: We have one, our first one in a while. It's a really simple voicemail. If you guys want to listen to it, just a guy asking for advice.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah, got mail.
Speaker 5: Hey, what's up, pod family. It's Malcolm from South Africa.
Speaker 4: Again shout out to the podcast as always still listening, still supporting. Uh So I come to that not to discuss politics and economics like in the loss of voicemail license.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you remember that.
Speaker 5: I come today because I need some advice on a woman.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: So I'm in the Miami area and there's a girl I started speaking to. And when I say this is generational talent, I mean this is Steph Curry fused with Lebron James. She is absolutely breathtaking. And we've been speaking for the past, you know, a few months, not exclusively, and I prefer that we're still doing you know.
Speaker 5: We're still speaking to other people, doing our own things, but we go on dates and the sorts. Now, I'm a gift giver That's one of my love languages.
Speaker 4: Like I love giving people Like if I see meet a woman and I see a genuine future, I love like gifts that make her life easier, like a spa da go to your nails.
Speaker 5: Sheres uber eats money, here's groceries, that type thing.
Speaker 4: But obviously I'm in the Miami area and she has attracted like a lot of athletes, the interest of a lot of athletes, a lot of celebrities, et cetera, et cetera. So the question I have to you is how do I ensure that the sentiment behind the gifts that I give doesn't get lost on her, like that she doesn't just view this as another nigga that's love dumping or just wasting splurgeing cash on her. Everyone's perspective would be appreciated. Baby D as the the the the spokesperson of a woman. I'd love to hear your point of view. As always loved the podcast New Oian.
Speaker 2: More Fever Shut Up. I heard they do a lot of love dumping in Dubai.
Speaker 1: That's what that's where it originated.
Speaker 3: First, we're going to get into that too, because I saw an article on that. But let's answer this gentleman. I'm sorry, I was laughing when he said the N word. Peage looked at me like Peach didn't believe he should be saying that. But it sounds like he's African. I like he's South African.
Speaker 2: So maybe definitely, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, you can be a white South African. But I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 2: All right, before we get to the question, his name is Malcolm mac Miller's name was Malcolm?
Speaker 1: Is that mac Mill's real name? No, it is, yes, Malcolm. Yes, that's fucking Hillo.
Speaker 2: There's white malcolms. There's not a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Malcolm in the middle was white, wasn't he?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wasn't he his crazy?
Speaker 1: What did you think he was?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah made Yeah, not many white man, But there's a couple out there.
Speaker 2: When you've ran into a woman that is gorgeous and you're trying to find a way to describe her beauty. All your friends.
Speaker 1: Always compare these sports. Always she's Kobe and Shaq And.
Speaker 2: Then could you imagine Iverson's handle with Tim Duncan's height.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's usually the ability with Jok's passing ability.
Speaker 3: I don't think he was describing her looks just who she was.
Speaker 2: She's the goat, she's the greatest.
Speaker 3: He said, generational talent. I'm sure he was referring to something else.
Speaker 1: What do you think, I mean, it probably was some of that in there too, But he says she's absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 2: But to me, that's even nastier if what Demaris is insinuating here is that also described based off two crown men in the NBA.
Speaker 3: Generational talent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she said, well listen, I've met some generational talent in my life, saying I can understand what this gentleman is saying. So his question was, how does his his gifts his you know, I guess love language. How does it not get lost upon I guess what other guys are trying to do for her trying to Yeah, he.
Speaker 3: Wants he wants to know what type of gifts to give so that his gifts stick out and it's not something she's just like another one. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean we can't we can't really answer that. The only answer would be to pay attention to details and specific things. Yeah, what type of more things that she would like and appreciate. I mean there's plenty of women.
Speaker 1: Well, we just did an episode two weeks ago where a woman didn't appreciate the small gesture of what was it? How much money did that gentleman? Thirty dollars? Yeah, so it's not the small she got a teach her a line out of it. Yeah, but you gotta, you gotta, you gotta just know your woman, know who you're dealing with, know what she likes, know the type of woman she is. I can't, we can't really speak to it because we don't know this woman. And you're saying that she's getting the eyes and attention from you know, athletes and you know, rich rich men.
Speaker 2: So I think it's actually an interesting question because there are we've all dealt with that situations with women that deal with men that have money far greater lengths in them, generational wealth, if you will, based off those contracts. The way to stand out is really your personality and the smaller things that you do. This whole generation is completely fucked because every girl's been to Tao, no matter who the fuck they are. Every girl's been flown to Turks on a girl's trip. But like that shit is so regular now that the things that would stand out, those huge gestures most regular women have had before based off Instagram.
Speaker 3: It's okay, let's easy's not say that. Please.
Speaker 2: First, well, I don't think there's anything wrong with.
Speaker 3: That at all. No, let's but let's not say that because our regular listeners who listen to this podcast look at y'all like y'all are fucking insane when y'all say that most regular women have.
Speaker 2: I know so many regular women with followers at one thousand at most that have been flown out by very rich men just because they're pretty. Chose guys that scour the internet.
Speaker 3: But that's not the base. Those women are also extraordinarily beautiful, that's not the those are not regular.
Speaker 2: All right, let the flight attend land his fucking point. He's dealing with those type of women clearly because they're interacting with famous people and athletes that have that's for resources. All those women have probably been flown out. All those big things that you think would be the greatest shit to do for women is regular to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the very small gestures that I think used to get clowns are the stuff that stands out m hm. So I would just focus on that instead of trying to compete with somebody that has one hundred million dollar contract and could take her to fucking fashion Week tomorrow. She feels like it, Yeah, go make her laugh and pay attention to what she actually likes in real life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's that's the key. You gotta. You gotta tap into something outside of just you know, love bombing as he said, gifts and things like that. Like she has to like your personality obviously she does just somebody that you're dealing with, so she likes something about you, I think. Just yeah, continue to be yourself, man. You can't worry about all that other shit and kind of factor that into how you move in your relationship with her, Like you know, it is what it is like. Either she's gonna be with you and you know, you have her undivided attention and y'all are gonna enjoy each other. Or she's gonna get bored with you and you know, maybe her likes and her needs you know, turn into something else and you can't really provide that for her anymore, and she's gonna end up, you know, somewhere else. But that happens even if she isn't catching the odds and attention of you know, rich guys, Like if you're a woman, isn't that type of woman? And she's bored with you and you're not, you know, like feeding her wanting needs the way she wants to, She's gonna find somebody else to do it.
Speaker 2: So and I mean, for example too, outside of like gifts, even though I know that's his love language, if she's used to like fancy restaurants or whatever, and you know, a really cool local spot that has way better food and it's more low key, like nice little food truck, like, if she doesn't appreciate that type of stuff, then maybe she's not the one for you. And I don't think there's anything wrong with women that just want five star Michelin shit like that's fine, not knocking you, but that it's not a girl that i'd probably want to hang out with. We could do that sometimes, but if we're not going to a concert of a half unknown artist with only two hundre people in the crowd and then getting a taco truck, I know, and you can't have fun in that, then you not really for me. But that can make you stand out because you're not doing the typical South Beach restaurant like you're showing her your world and once you're into that stands out the cool shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not just things that are cool on social media, like the real cool shit. If you know, you know this, this place is known for this specific thing. Like you like pizza, I know, crazy pizza spot, best pizza in the city. You know you like pasta, you like you know, little things like that. Just feed her intellect, feed her, you know, teach us some new things, show us some different things that she may not know about. I think that's how you kind of tap into a woman and kind of stand out amongst you know, the other guys that may be trying to pull at her attention.
Speaker 3: When it comes to gifts. Since when it comes to gifts and women, if you're going to regular since you said gift giving is your love language, we love a gift giver, make sure that you can maintain whatever level of gifts you are doing. So if you can afford, if you regularly want to give gifts, because that's how you show love the most, make sure you can maintain the level of gifts you're buying. So if you can't maintain turks trips once every three four months, then don't even set that standard, because then that's what she's that's going to become what she's come to expect and what she's gonna attach to you. And then once you can't do it anymore, it looks like you were fronting and that's more unattractive than anything. So make sure you can maintain whatever energy you start with, and most importantly what.
Speaker 1: You just said, Because what if he can't afford to go to Turks, what if he can afford to go to Disney World.
Speaker 2: No, but that's what DeMars said.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm maybe you can finally afford that Turk trip. That can't be something that's just in your wheelhouse at all times, like the gifts you give. That's not fair to say I can aford it right now. Welcome to being a man like yo.
Speaker 1: Like Yo, we never care. I could book a nice we can go to the Kymaniles, we can go to Turks, we get, But right now in my life, y'all, I can't, Like we can't. We can spend a nice little week and show aw it though just because I introduce it to you doesn't mean that I have to sustain it. It's like, Yo, Well then I could afford it right now.
Speaker 3: I can't if you can't do it, because I'm just talking.
Speaker 1: But that don't mean he should never do it because he can't sustain it.
Speaker 2: I'm saying a consistent thing. If throughout the year he's like Yo, takes her to Turks like three times in a row, she's gonna expect that as this relationship continues.
Speaker 1: Who the fuck is going to Turks through Tom?
Speaker 2: I don't know who would have the time to do that, But I understand the hypothetical of what it is. So is did I get it corrected?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 3: My point is not never that you shouldn't do anything for her that you can only do once. That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is when because he said his love language is gift giving, That's the only reason why when it comes to gifts, whether it's diamonds, whether it's a fucking bag of double stuff, oreoles. Make sure you can maintain that gift giving throughout relationship and that you're not love bombing me with gifts and then just to get my attention and to try to separate yourself, and then you can't continue that energy because that's now what I've attached to you.
Speaker 2: Let's let's even make it less of a money thing and more of an attention pattern thing. If you give if you send roses to her job every Thursday with a card of saying thinking about you, and then you have to continue to do that, Like six months in, you can't stop the roses on Thursday. You started this pattern. This is what's expecting. And when you stop doing that, she's gonna question if you even like her.
Speaker 3: And on top of that, most importantly, like I was saying, most importantly, if that girl likes you, it don't matter who else is buying anything else for her. Granted, she's gonna have a bunch of standards that these are standards that she wants met, and those are different for every girl, right, Like those are all different for every girl. But if she likes you, you don't worry about standing out. Continue to be you and you will stand out. And if you don't, then you were not the person for her. And another thing on top of that, your love language doesn't matter when it comes to trying to win somebody over. Your love language does not matter. Her love language matters. So how you show love. And we've had this conversation before. If you're a gift giver, and gifts don't mean shit to her, then your love language means nothing to her because she's not feeling loved because that's not how she received love. If she's a words of affirmation person and you need to tell her you love her, but you're not doing that, you're just buying her a bunch of gifts, she won't feel loved because that's not what she recognizes as love. So that's something that you need to have as a conversation with her to make sure that her love language is receiving gifts. Just because she's a bad bitch and there's a bunch of people buying things for her doesn't mean that that's her love language. That just might be what she's used to. You need to get to know her and get to know her love language. But apparently y'all y'all have time for that because you said that neither one of y'all are exclusively dating each other right now anyway, So y'all are still.
Speaker 2: He got hosts. Yeah, he'd give everyone a gift. He dumping on everyone, And if it doesn't work out, just always remember still be though.
Speaker 3: No, just remember that it wasn't meant to be and that's your person that's coming for you.
Speaker 2: It's not the same thing and still be there. Yeah, I think that's the same, that's the exactly exact same. Yeah, that's saying the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's still hit like it's another one coming. It was another chick coming ten minutes. Don't worry about it, nah, I guess for her. Yeah, all right, Well this has been another cool episode. It's a good seeing y'all after a weekend away from y'all. We saw each other every day last week, Rory. Yeah, it was good not to see your face a couple of days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and tomorrow we won't see each other.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. I feel like I'm just so many activities I can do when I don't see your face. Facts get so much done, Rory.
Speaker 2: I'm the one stopping it in your face.
Speaker 1: Face is something with It's here. Let's go to hooka spots, Marow. I don't want to see you. I don't want to see you, don't want to talk to you. Leave me alone.
Speaker 2: I get so mad, don't want to scale with me anymore.
Speaker 1: No, Rory, you don't understand. When I'm home and I see your name pop up my phone, I get so frustrate.
Speaker 2: What does he want? Laugh?
Speaker 1: And you call me like, yeah, so did you see this tweet? No, man, leave me the fuck alone. I don't want to see no tweets. I'm not gonna leave me alone with your got into some fucking activities. Man, I was I multitask, okay, yeah, just stop hitting my phone on off this I man DN D wow.
Speaker 3: Put that shit right on D and D. Nobody could get through.
Speaker 1: Oh BABYD while we're here. I do want apologize last week because you were upset at me because I laughed at a post, and I didn't want you to think that I was laughing at you. I was laughing at the post because we had just laughed about the post. So it's I don't want you to think that it's not love is always loved for me to you, I love you and I support you. I just thought that the post was funny because we said that it was gonna end up being a post. Rory said it was gonna end up being a post. So I don't want to apologize publicly.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like you did something wrong?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't feel like I told him.
Speaker 3: Then why are you apologizing.
Speaker 1: Because you felt like I did something wrong. I told you that, well, your energy felt your energy spoke to me. I mean, my energy spoke to.
Speaker 2: You language I read nythy well, I read energy.
Speaker 1: So you know, they brought it to my attention. Me and Rory spoke about it, and I was like, but I didn't do anything wrong, like I have that thing in me, I know when I'm doing so I think any healthy mental person knows when they're doing something wrong. At no point did I think what I did was wrong. So when me and Rory spoke about it, I was like, yo, but what did I laughed? I got laughed at. Nobody got laughed at in twenty twenty four more than me, nobody. I was laughed at more than anybody on the planet Earth.
Speaker 4: Last.
Speaker 3: I ain't laugh at you what I laughed. Hold on, wait, I laughed at you to your face. I laughed at you to your face.
Speaker 1: I laugh at you to your face because we weren't together when that happened.
Speaker 3: But you had already laughed pool. You had already laughed at me to my face about it. We already had that conversation.
Speaker 1: And then when it made a post, when they post was made, which Rory said it probably was gonna end up being a post. I was laughing at that, like, so it was just all I thought, we were all laughing together.
Speaker 3: I have a question, Okay, if when niggas was saying disrespectful shit about you and making fun of you on the internet, if I laughed, if I had hashtag dj had, if I had retweeted that and laughed, would I have a job?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, this has been another a laugh at you on the internet before.
Speaker 3: No, I have not not when it comes to not when it came to all that ship people calling you a dick rider and all that ship, but nobody.
Speaker 1: But that's where I think we was. We was on a different page because I didn't think that that post was disrespectful. Nobody said nothing disrespectful about you. It was just kind of like laughing at the you know, the wish wash. She switched side and it was like that energy. But it wasn't like, Oh, this fucking girl's a fucking get her out of here, she's a fucking clip rider.
Speaker 3: Even after the second post, you still didn't feel that way. What was the second post I got posted again? Did you another Yes? I did another out of context clip Oh yeah, I laughed at that. But I didn't laugh on the post because that wasn't that. It was like, oh, it's another post, but that the first post I laughed at because we had just spoke about that being a post.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't like I wasn't laughing at you. I was laughing at the post. You get what I'm saying. So that's why I didn't feel like I didn't the wrong. But because you felt like I did something wrong, I have to apologize and let you know that it wasn't a personal laughing at Demaris thing. It was just laughing at that becoming a post. That's all that was got it?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Do you accept my apology?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 1: We ain't doing sure, we ain't doing Sure? Do you Demarus? She gave you an answer, except like I don't. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't, I don't. I don't know what you I don't know what you want for me.
Speaker 1: I'm asking you, do you accept my apology?
Speaker 3: I don't know why you're I don't, I don't know. We have been in this office how many times since that happened, and how many hours? Know how many hours. That was only one time that we were off camera that you could have did this apology. That's number one. Number two, you're not sorry. You're not You're not sorry because you don't think.
Speaker 1: That you say I apologize, it's a difference. I'm never saying.
Speaker 3: So then what's the definition of I apologize? What are you apologetic for?
Speaker 1: I'm apologizing if you took what I did as something that was like, you know, laughing at you, now that it was weird, Like laughing isn't weird. Just laughed at a post like that's not I laugh at everything, laughing shit about me like a laugh. But it wasn't. But because you took it personally and you took it like I was laughing at you, I have to clear it up and let you know, like, no, that's and I wasn't laughing at you. I was laughing at that actually becoming a post after we spoke about it becoming a post. That's all it was. And we only saw each other once after that happened.
Speaker 3: You saw I saw you Wednesday, and I saw you Thursday, and today is Monday, so I saw you twice. This is the third time. You also, I have my phone number.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I gotta apologize publicly.
Speaker 2: I can't, you know, so then apologies not for me, It's no, it's for you.
Speaker 1: But I'm apologizing because it was something that was public. It was a public post that you felt the way about, so I have to apologize publicly to you. You see what I'm saying. I could have called you behind the scenes, like yo, my bad, but that don't really It's like, no, nigga, You're still laughing on the post though, So I could have done that, but then I would have had to public apologize publicly as well. So I'm just apologizing publicly because I don't want you to feel like I was laughing at you. I'm never laughing at you, And if it was something disrespecting you, I would have never laughed at it. But I didn't think that that was disrespecting me. I thought it was just a funny post, so I laughed. Okay, I love. This has been another beautiful episode. Why are you looking like that, looking like a nigga in HR that's trying to sit there and watch two nothing's on your all day on your laptop. Close your laptop.
Speaker 2: You didn't pull up shit, close that fucking laptop.
Speaker 1: Said another beautiful empisode. We'll talk to you in a couple of days. Be safe, be blessed. I'm that nigga. He's just ginger and I just laught.
Speaker 3: No Willian now