Speaker 1: What's that at the bed. It's spooky, jooky. I'm really sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, Hell, I'm ghosted nandaz pe. Hey boo, it's me Roz and welcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the paranormal. Oh my god, I got to talk to Rachel Dratch. I actually I don't know Rachel Dretch. I've never met her, never encountered her, never crossed paths. Been a fan for a very long time. Of course, she was on sn L for all those years and always doing hilarious work. And it turns out she's really into this kind of stuff. So we'll get into that. But first I got a little quickie story here. This is a nice short and sweet beginning, middle and end. I you know, I'm so sorry I forget about our Facebook group. I think, you know, the times change a lot, and I feel like when this podcast started we were using Facebook more, and I know people start using it, but I just I forget about it, and I apologize. But we do have a Facebook group, and luckily the members of it, you know, keep it interesting and entertaining for each other, and I love every time I peek in on there to see the community we've created. And that is just called ghosted by ros Hernandez. How did I come up with that, I don't know, but that's the group. This was posted by AJ and AJ wrote. When I was a kid, there was a small apartment building down the hill from my home. I could see into the windows and would always see a loane lady sitting in the window. In nineteen eighty six, they were tearing it down and the lady was just sitting inside. I ran down to stop them from killing the old lady. They searched the building but found no one. Come to find out that woman had died thirty years before, and this woman I had waved high to and who had waved back had been a ghost. I even did her lawn a few times, and she left money out to pay me. That said, being the survivor of several near death experiences, I am considered a liminal person, not entirely here and not entirely there. This has led me to see and experience things others do not. You know what, I'm so happy that that lady paid you though. That's nice. A ghost that has access to money. First of all, I bet you all the other ghosts listening to this podcast or pissed off that this lady has revealed that ghost can pay. What's up every other ghost excuse? Anyway, thanks for sending that. Hey, let's talk to Rachel Dratch and with the show. Oh my god, I don't believe it. We have got somebody on the show that I have been a fan of for years and I'm just so honored to be joined by I'm gonna say, the legendary Rachel Dratch.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good, I'm happy to be here talking to you about ghosts and all that.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you were a ghosty lady.
Speaker 2: You know what, It's so funny. I was, first of all, so I have this podcast called Woo Woo, and I thought it was like this big original idea, and then I listened to yours just recently, I was like, oh my gosh. First of all, that wasn't an original idea. And second of all, I love your podcast so much, and I feel like, just from listening a bit like you and I might have kind of similar views on the world of ghost because you say, like look, this is just what I saw, Like, you know, right, you don't have to try to convince anyone. And I love how you're like, I believe in science too, but this thing happened, So I think that's kind of I'm in the same sort of section as you are on all that. I think.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm also like, I'm a comedian that likes this stuff. I'm not trying to like, I don't know, I'm not a scientist. I'm not trying to change the world's minds. Right. People can make their own mind up as we go, And to me, I'm like, could this be real? I don't know. Some of this stuff seems like it, but some of it doesn't, and it's just fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I'm the same way. I love all these stories. I love them because I love just like who maybe we don't. I don't know everything and listen, this is crazy, Like I just love it.
Speaker 1: Also, Yeah, have you gone ghost hunting? No?
Speaker 2: I haven't, but I've heard about these recordings and such, so.
Speaker 1: I'm intrigued personally when I hear people's stories, I prefer stories where people didn't go out looking for a goo, like, oh, we went to an abandoned hospital and a machine lit up. Like that's not as great of a story to me as like I saw a person when I was at a hotel randomly and they disappeared, and then I talked to the front desk and they're like, oh, yeah, that's Larry, he disappears.
Speaker 2: Totally. I love when something gets corroborated too. That really makes me a believer. Totally. Two people see the same thing. That kind of blows my mind.
Speaker 1: So, Okay, when you were growing up, did you have any kind of belief on this sort of a thing where you raised with. I don't know any religious beliefs or anything that would you know? Inform?
Speaker 2: No, the only thing I would say is like, you know, I feel like maybe all girls when they're around in sixth grade go through they're like witch book phase, where like you read all these like novels about witches and you're like, ooh, could I do a spell? And like kind of that's sort of a phase, like you know, there's like horsey girls and then witchy girls.
Speaker 1: Maybe.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, just sort of that, But no, I wasn't. I wasn't a big believer. I mean I read a lot of Nancy Drew books, and I always wanted to find a hidden stairway in my house that was built in the seventies. I don't think that was gonna happen, but I wanted some sort of like hidden room to happen.
Speaker 1: You know, that's a trend now on like TikTok and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yes, would people like go to Airbnb and then they find a hidden dungeon or something like that. Yes, I didn't want a dungeon, but I wanted like a secret staircase that led to an old library, you know that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Hell, yeah, that's like my whole algorithm is people that move into like a Victorian house and they're like, oh, we opened up this vent and we found out that there's all, you know, an entire section. Yes, and then of course they go in there and every comment is like, okay, well that's the last we'll ever see these people.
Speaker 2: Right right?
Speaker 1: So did you did you have a wigi board? Phase?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, actually, you know what you reminded me, I did have a wigi board. No. I had this memory, but it might be wrong. I have this memory that when I was going into junior high, I asked the Ouigi board, like, who will my friend be that I meet in junior high. The Ouigi board said Vanessa. And then I made a friend named Vanessa in junior high. Now that's how I remember it, So I believe that that's real. But I guess, you know, I always go the skeptical route. Well did I do that after I knew there was nothing in my class? I don't know, but that's how I remember.
Speaker 1: I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: Well, I listened to your story about your haunted Wigi board.
Speaker 1: My god, yes, the haunted Wigi board.
Speaker 2: This is when I was like, Okay, we might be kindred spirits because I love the way that you told the story when you said you heard the toilet seat fall down, and then you were like and when I went in the bathroom, it was.
Speaker 1: Back up, Like I loved, Like, you gotta give them a little drama, you know exactly. Yes, Well, you know what is funny about the Vanessa story that I've been thinking about lately. The average person, like we all kind of have these beliefs about ghosts for some reason, like oh, let's ask the Ouiji board to predict when am I gonna get married or whatever, And it's like, so, I don't are we talking to like the spirit of a psychic, Like what who are we talking to? Yeah? Like, I'll sometimes have people comment on things like videos of meat ghost hunting or something, and I'm like, I don't think ghosts work that way. I don't know, but for some reason, it's like we all kind of have this belief that ghosts know the future or they know all the stuff that we don't know. But I really think it's just like someone died and now they're just invisible, Like I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, so maybe there's maybe there's like the ghost of the person that died, isn't it now as invisible and then there's like some sort of like spirit guide type of force. Right, maybe there's the all knowing sort of I don't know, I'm just spitball.
Speaker 1: In your no, I think so. I think that's what we think as well. Yeah, or could it be like a Sylvia Brown or like one of these people like when they die, there's still a psychic, so you know, maybe of.
Speaker 2: The psychic then you really hit the jackpot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is the ultimate ghost that you want to encounter. Okay, So when's the first time you had an experience that you're like, Okay, this is something.
Speaker 2: So I've had one and only ghost experience, which to me, that gives me more credence because if I was seeing ghosts all the time, well you know, because you have guests on that have had their one and only. But so I was, okay, so should I tell my story or we.
Speaker 1: Yes, okaya and give up every detail, you know, take us to the slumber party.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So here's my ghost story. So this was in let's see what year was, I don't know, I was okay, this was in two thousand and six something like that. Anyway, I was staying at a hotel in La shooting a movie.
Speaker 1: What was the movie?
Speaker 2: It was this movie called Spring Breakdown. It's with me Amy Poehler and Parker Posey. Oh my god, yeah, I like that. Your jaw just went down, like you want to watch this? Okay, that's what I do.
Speaker 1: I love Parker Poky.
Speaker 2: Okay. Yeah. So anyway, I was living in this hotel for like a month. And this hotel was not a spooky looking hotel. It was kind of like looked like I was built in the seventies, eighties or something, so you didn't walk in you were.
Speaker 1: Like, eh, that's on the gets you exactly.
Speaker 2: But so one night I wake up and I well, whatever, I don't know if I I see these two dudes standing in my and you know that thing where like you think, okay, I'm gonna blink and they're gonna go away because I'm just half asleeper. I'm dreaming, you know. So, but I do, and they don't go away, and they're standing there and they look like they're from another time, but they weren't scary. You had that startled moment, but then they weren't scary.
Speaker 1: What time period they look like they're.
Speaker 2: From, like the early forties or or no, no, with like early fifties. I'd say late forties early I'm not a good judge of you know, costume history. But they were dressed. They were dressed in these like little skinny suits sort of I mean like they almost looked like sort of a John Waters style to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, okay, because.
Speaker 2: One of them was in like a like a greenish suit and one was in like a pinkish suit, and they had like skinny ties.
Speaker 1: And they weren't see through.
Speaker 2: Well that's where I don't really like. They looked like, you know, sort of shadowy. I guess, but I can't remember if they were quite see through, like I knew they weren't real people standing there.
Speaker 1: Were they cute at all?
Speaker 2: Okay, now here's the funny part to me, and this is the part that I always say makes me sound insane, But I just got this sense that they were a couple, Like I got the sense that they were a couple kind of like on the down lowe. I know that sounds so weird, like I'm making up stories around them, but that's just like the vibe I received, you know, without without questioning it. That was just my vibe I got.
Speaker 1: I mean, a fitted pink suit. It's not a far let's go.
Speaker 2: I know, you're right, Rachel, you're not even writing the story here, you're just observing. So anyway, that was kind of that, right, But then they appeared many more times during this month.
Speaker 1: Oh well, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, and it was to the point where again they weren't they weren't scary. The other thing is like usually if I wake up and it's like in the middle of the night, like three in the morning, these guys would have my pals would appear like like if let's say I went to bed at midnight, they'd be like twelve thirty. It was very soon after I fell asleep. So anyway, I think they came back like four or five times.
Speaker 1: Ah, now here's the crazy.
Speaker 2: I keep saying, here's the crazy, like this is crazier.
Speaker 1: But no.
Speaker 2: It was to the point where, like you know, on a movie, you have to wake up super super early. So if I had a really early call, like you're getting picked up at five fifteen or something, I actually said out loud like, Okay, guys, I got a really early call tomorrow, please do not come here tonight. I said that out loud because I was just like, I don't want to be awakened by you, you know.
Speaker 1: And they obeyed.
Speaker 2: They obeyed. Yeah, but but I was joking around to the cast like, oh my god, I've got these gay ghosts. They know they're not scaring me, but this has never happened to me before. Okay, so that's kind of that. Now that's like part A of the story. But then cut to about I don't know, like six months or a year later or something like that. I had to go back for something else to do with this movie, and I stayed at the same hotel and like let's say I was in room five twenty five or something that I was like, oh, please, don't get room five twenty five. Well then I get there, They're like, you're in five twenty six. Like I was in the next door room. So I was kind of like, Okay, that's kind of weird, but you know, I'm not in the same room. Well then this night I had a sinister experience.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So this night in the middle that I and I've since learned this is kind of like a world trope sort of, you know, this thing about someone pressing down on you must have heard this being a master of ghosts. But I've I was wakened by this feeling like someone was like pressing down on my chest like and it was it was not a nice person.
Speaker 1: And ona I was scared.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was scrambling to get up, you know, you that kind of paralysis happens, and scrambling together. And I turn on the light and then I see and I was put this in quotes because you know, who knows, I might have been dreaming whatever, But I saw this woman round the bend out of the room, and she was like she like just seemed like mean or e or something. And she was also of the same time period, like her hair was kind of set, you know how like ladies used to go to the beauty parlor and get almost like the golden girl's hair, you know what I mean, Like, yes, that set hairdo. And she she rounded out of the room.
Speaker 1: What do you mean she rounded out of the room?
Speaker 2: Okay, Like I was in this bedroom and she like quickly like turned the corner out of the room. So that's what I mean. So then okay, so then that's that right. So I was all scared. I was like, oh my gosh, I can't believe something else happened in this freaking hotel because I've never had anything. So then she like go to part epilogue, part eight of the story, because then I got some discovery.
Speaker 1: What was the hotel?
Speaker 2: Okay, So now I never say the name of the hotel, but I can just say that it was a hotel that's in West Hollywood that does not seem like it would be haunted.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, And I talk about this often with especially like hotels, where some are like we got as many ghosts as you want, come on in, and then other ones are like, we have no clue what you're talking about? Gay ghosts? And so the keeping the name out, I get it.
Speaker 2: But no, I can tell you the hotel. I'll tell you the hotel.
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting, Rachel has told me the name of it. I have never stayed there at this one, but now I might. You might have to gay ghosts. And then the angry lesbian next door or whoever that lady.
Speaker 2: Was well, so I was like, wait, has anyone else had any experiences here? So I looked online. I couldn't find anything, and then I just finally dropped it. And then like fifteen years later, dude, do do Okay, I was I was doing press for something and the guy doing my hair happened to mention this Hollywood lady that's a real pain in the butt that he was doing are for and he was telling me all these stories about her, and so anyway, he said, and we had this event at this hotel and my friend is the concierge there. And I was like, whoa wait a minute, your friend was a concierge. I was like, text her right now and ask her if it's haunted. And she wrote back right away and she said, yes, it's haunted. We've had many whatever, like comments here and people coming up to the desk and blah blah blah. So then I actually talked to her on the phone and I said, Okay, what did people report seeing? And she said people reported seeing? Wait what were her exact words? Oh, a dapper gentleman and a mean old lady bump but up. Uh so I'm adding sound effects. So anyway, then I was like, what that made me feel so validated because dapper is a word that I would like. Dapper's kind of a word from another time, you know, so for sure, to me, it described the guy a dandy.
Speaker 1: But they didn't mention the secret lover.
Speaker 2: No, they didn't mention the secret lover. So maybe he just felt comfortable enough, you know, my fan base. Maybe he felt comfortable to bring his boyfriend with him.
Speaker 1: Maybe he was a nearby ghost because a lot of these hotels are haunted. Oh maybe he found him and he was coming in and they kept going, oh, she's still here.
Speaker 2: Oh that's true. Maybe I was intruding on their space.
Speaker 1: If we can be quiet, maybe she won't wake up. Ah, she's up. Did you talk to the concierge or anybody when you were there?
Speaker 2: No, when I was there, no, because I would have just felt crazy. Like I mean, at the time, I was like, I don't know, maybe I'm dreaming this. I wouldn't have gone up and complained to anyone. Oh, but she told me that some people had. She told me that like when another cast was staying there, that like some like representative from the cast came up to like, we're having all these experiences. Lights are turning on and off, the fireplaces are going on, and people are spelling this cologne, which I didn't smell colone. And I'm always a little wary of that Colonne thing. I don't get the sort of old factory hallucination thing, but I guess that's a thing. But anyway, cologne, And she said, and then she said, oh, she said one time some guy came up to the desk and he's like, whoa, things are really jumping here last night. And she's like, oh, yeah, we've got a lot of musicians staying here. No, no, no, I this sounds like something out of movies. No, no, no, I'm a professor of the paranormal and this place is jumping. I don't know what his exact words, but like a professor of parapsychology. It's like the first scene in a movie some guy takes off his glasses. I'm a professor of parapsychology. But those are her additional tales to back up the fact, the fact that I saw ghosts.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this is a good one. I love the fact that they kept visiting you over a month period, but you were never like so scared you would run out or asked for another room. That's really impressive.
Speaker 2: I don't know, they just weren't scary, but the lady was scary though. I don't know what her problem was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was her deal?
Speaker 2: I don't know, But that's that's my tale.
Speaker 1: Wow, very good, very good.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you trust me. Okay, I've heard some stories, and some of them, don't you find a lot of them happen in hotels. Of course you've heard all You've heard all manner, all manner of ghosts. I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, so much stuff goes down in hotels, you know, affairs, people on vacation that are excited, people that go to die, Like, there's just a billion things that can happen in a hotel. And just you know, if you believe in this sort of a thing, the energy thing, where it can just be trapped and you're constantly new people all the time in and out, and I kind of think that sometimes even just people's energy gets trapped, like of the live you know, if if it's a particular room where people are scared all the time, maybe there's just like a fearful energy vibe that stays there, or just anything traumatic that happens in a room. I don't know. So it makes sense that hotels also, when you think of like the thousands and thousands of people that stay in one hotel that's been open for a long time, someone's got to die at some point, like it's just a matter of time, right right, Yeah, So I do think that most hotels are haunted at least somewhere, at least one of the rooms. So have you been to psychics?
Speaker 2: I have been to a few psychics in my time. Yes, have you, honey, honey.
Speaker 1: At least I always say at least one hundred I have Oh wow too.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, do you have like your regular now?
Speaker 1: M Because I give psychics a benefit of the doubt, and I do think that they're allowed to have bad days and they're not gonna be one hundred percent right. And you know, I've been to many, and I've never been to one that every single time I went to them, it was just perfect, you know, right right, never. But so when's the first time you went to a psychic.
Speaker 2: Oh the very first time, I think I was uh. I think I was like twenty three, and I went to someone who had been like she'd been written up in the Boston Glow. I was from Boston, and I went and she was wrong about everything. So I mean, I don't mean like she didn't make any she just gave me like zero information and zero anything. Like you know, sometimes they just kind of know who you are, which is cool, or sometimes they make predictions, which is cool. This was nothing. So then I was like, Okay, psychics aren't real. And then then the next time I don't really remember, I haven't gone to that many, but I did go to one who made this big prediction that came true that that also kind of blew my mind. So then that kind of made me Okay, So you know what, I think. I think some people do have this power, but I think most people can't just turn it on it will, right. I do believe in like someone's like, oh my gosh, like people that solve crimes like they get a vibe. But I think it's hard to do that on demand. That's my take anyway.
Speaker 1: Right, especially if you're like, Okay, I'm gonna pay you for thirty minutes and you have to you know, if someone's solving a crime, they could be like, Okay, this might take me a couple of days. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like right right, So okay, what was this prediction they made?
Speaker 2: So this friend of mine brought me to this channeler who like channels a spirit and for my birthday, I was forty three. So anyway, so she she channels a spirit. So then she's she greets you, and she's speaking normally and then when she like kind of looks down and then she looks back up and she's like, oh, hey, no, thank you for coming to enjoin me. She starts talking in a voice.
Speaker 1: Like yesh wow, always the same voice or just whoever think?
Speaker 2: So I know it's like she channels a spirit named Kendra, and so Kendra is the same spirit. So anyway, she starts talking like this, and she starts telling you about yourself and duty doo, and it's kind of like light hearted, it's not all serious.
Speaker 1: Anna, okay.
Speaker 2: And so she told me a few things that I like, just about myself that I would say were true, like you know, they weren't sort of Google things. They were like ways you feel, and she kind of nailed that right away, and then I was like, oh, okay. I was kind of believing her. Then at the very end, she's like, do you have any questions? And I asked if I would meet somebody, meaning a romantic partner, and she said, you're going to meet someone in three months. Then she's like, no, wait three to six months, and you're gonna have one child. So I was pretty shocked because I was forty three and I was like, you know, in my mind, I was kind of like beyond that point. So then that was kind of it. I didn't really take it much to heart. I just thought she probably says that to every chick and walks in here kind of thing. But anyway, then four months later, I met John at a bar around the corner from my house. By the way, I also asked if I was gonna have to do anything to meet this person, like whatever, go online, I don't know. She said, You're not gonna have to do anything. That's what she said. So then I meet John, and I know John sounds like a fake name or something, but I meet a fellow named John at a bar around the corner of my house, and then we started long distance dating. He was from California, and then lo and behold about. I don't know how long after I met him, but eventually had a basically surprised pregnancy and I have a child. So I had a baby when I was forty four. Off of her prediction.
Speaker 1: Was the baby's godmother Kendra.
Speaker 2: No, but maybe she should be. Kendra was the spirit guide aforementioned that predicted that I would have a kid, which I had long like kind of let go of the idea. You know.
Speaker 1: That's impressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that to me was pretty amazing. And yeah, because when she said that, like I wasn't even anyone. I wasn't gonna go off and like try to have a child by myself at that time. It was just wasn't really my thing that I was thinking I would go do. So anyway, my ghost and my psychic story sort of made me think like, well, I don't know, I like being open to this stuff.
Speaker 1: I guess Wow, I mean you've literally multiple times seen ghosts. Yes, three ghosts.
Speaker 2: Three ghosts have visited me.
Speaker 1: So if you don't believe it's possible, come on, have you considered going back to Kendra?
Speaker 2: I did go back. I went back. I went back kind of soon after, like I think I was. I think I was pregnant when I went back, And I don't really remember like any more earth shattering predictions. She's made some predictions for other people that really came true, and then other friends that go are like, eh, so I don't know. You never know what you're gonna get.
Speaker 1: She was just on that day, she was.
Speaker 2: Very on that day. She was tapped or or a lucky guess. I don't know.
Speaker 1: But yeah, So you know one thing that audience, I apologize because I bring this up often and it's a controversial thing. But people that live in New York that you know usually are on the show are by coastal or you know, they spend a lot of time all over the place. They're in show biz people. I never hear stories from actual New York, where I very rarely. What do you think about that?
Speaker 2: Ooh, that's a good question, because both of mine happened in La you're right. Gosh, that's a really good question.
Speaker 1: And I know there's ghosts. I know there's a haunted hotels and Broadway theaters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. Everyone talks about the Broadway Theaters. I've yet to see anything there.
Speaker 1: Now, what about thirty Rockefellas Center? Is that place haunted?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's so funny.
Speaker 1: It seems like it would be.
Speaker 2: I think people really want it to be haunted because of all the history, But then when I walk in there, I just feel like, oh my gosh, so many things happen here in this place. I've never felt haunted. But then I've never been there, you know, after hours where no one's there, so right, I know, I think people really want there to be the ghost of their old favorite comedians, but I've never I've never felt.
Speaker 1: That because you know, all these like movie studios and that sort of a thing out here, they always talk about being haunted. But like thirty Rock, I'm like, that seems it just seems like it would be. But I also from what I hear, especially with like SNL, it just seems like so much anxiety for me and so much to be worried about constantly that I would I don't think I would be worried about a ghost.
Speaker 2: That's true. Ghosts are the last thing on your mind when you're hoping your sketch makes it in at twelve fifty am. Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: My god. Hey, what do you think the haunted dolls?
Speaker 2: Ooh? I mean, I've never had an experience, but dolls and clowns are kind of inherently creepy anything to do with like kids that are supposed to be fun and idyllic. I think that's what it is, like, like dolls are fun and clowns are fun. Just it's sort of tailor made for one of those horror movies like La La, like the Nursery Rhyme and the Little Off minor Key. Yes, those all just equal a horror movie totally. Maybe it's the fact, oh what about this. Maybe it's the fact that they are supposed to be fun, that it's so easy to flip it into evil or something.
Speaker 1: Well, like a carnival. To me, a carnival is the scariest thing in the world.
Speaker 2: Carnival music played off key.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah, Well, it's very interesting that you brought up clowns, because I do have somebody I'd like you to meet. It's time for a segment I call the dolls are limping. Okay. So what I do is I go to eBay dot com and I type in haunted doll. Ooh, did you know about this phenomenon?
Speaker 2: Well, I've heard of haunted dolls, but I didn't know you were like actively seeking Oh my god, haunted doll.
Speaker 1: No, there's thousands of haunted dolls that are always for sale eBay. Yes. And so what I like to do with my guests is I'll pick one sort of the doll of the week, and we're going to feature one today. And basically, typically the way that these are presented is they come with biographies that the person's selling, whether they do some psychic stuff or weiji board or the ghost just can speak and it tells them. They gather together the backstory of what the ghost inside of the doll is. Usually the theory with these is I guess when you die, you go to either heaven, hell or an eBay haunted doll. Okay, So that's just sort of what we got here. I got one for you today, show us this doll. Please meet mister Binshier.
Speaker 2: Oh oh my okay, I just want to say I was expecting something creepy. This goes like ten times beyond this is. So you're gonna show a picture of this?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, And you can always go to ghosted by ros on Instagram to see.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, there's so much wrong happening here.
Speaker 1: Well, this is mister Benshire, who is a clown doll.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, his eyes.
Speaker 1: Oh tell us, what comes to mind?
Speaker 2: One of his eyes looks happy and the other one looks just like he's off. Like his right eye is okay, but his left eye is showing signs of something.
Speaker 1: Not right that I had seen some things. Yeah, it's definitely like yeah, like a hand painted.
Speaker 2: And his costume.
Speaker 1: I just realized sometimes he only has blush on one side. What is that?
Speaker 2: Oh that too? Oh so see the it's the happy side you've split his he's got He's got a lot of asymmetry happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he also has red lipstick on the top and pink lipstick on the bottom, sort of a coral, which is an interesting choice. And then he's got some orange hair and some yellow pants with suspenders and oh my god, they let you know that I find this relatable. Mister Binchire has a wide, flat ass, and they really wanted you to see that. What else do we have here? He's a little stain on his butt.
Speaker 2: He's a yellow hat. Oh, it's hat, yellow hat.
Speaker 1: So it matches.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, how big is he? Do we see his scale?
Speaker 1: To answer your question, he's tiny. Yeah. They have a tape measurer right next to him. He's less than.
Speaker 2: Six Okay, okay, oh god, oh my god.
Speaker 1: So let me tell you about mister binchiir. He's currently going for fifty dollars. And the person that sold this wrote meet mister Binshire, the clown. This doll may be creepy to some, but it has a heart of gold and is actually very friendly and a kind spirit. I first encountered this haunted doll at an antique shop, where it caught my eye with its eerie demeanor. At first, I was hesitant to bring it home, but I soon realized that this doll is not here to harm anyone. It's simply a mischievous spirit who enjoys moving items around, laughing and whispering at night. See that's one of those things. Laughing I love. I need people to laugh all the time. But if it's coming from a haunted doll.
Speaker 2: No, right, and let's not forget whispering at night, mister Binhot, that's creepy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I believe the spirit was young at the time of his passing, and it always enjoys trying to be scary in an extremely adorable way, like a kid in a monster mask.
Speaker 2: That's not what I'm getting terrifying.
Speaker 1: I have witnessed this haunted doll perform a variety of paranormal activities, from flickering lights to random, unexplainable footsteps. It has even been able to leave out lost items that I haven't seen in years. I came home after being gone for the week in an old pile of my Yugi Oh cards, which is like Pokemon, were sitting on the back of my couch. No one had been in there, and I didn't even know I still had them. Says if you're looking for a supernatural companion, I believe that this is a perfect fit for you. So are you looking for a supernatural companion?
Speaker 2: Yeah I am not. I'm not kidding this. I have bad feelings looking at this guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I would not want.
Speaker 2: To bring that into my home. I think it's weird. She says he's mischievous in health because he doesn't look it. He looks you're on the dark side. To me, what do you think? I mean, you've probably seen it all. You've seen it all.
Speaker 1: It's one of these things where I kind of think that these people just make up backstories and find a doll and sell it. But I'm not taking my chances, right though. I will say I lose things a lot. It would be very helpful to have someone to help me find things. Oh yeah, but it's not going to be mister Binsheire this time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, can I play you some ghost voices?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I would love it.
Speaker 1: It's time for EVP or ev please Okay, So EVPs electronic voice phenomenon. So what I do. I go to YouTube or sometimes TikTok and I find alleged ghost recordings. So these are like people go ghost hunting and they think that they hear a ghost, go, I'm missed it being giant or whatever, and then I find them for you. I want you to tell me what you hear, and then I'll give you an ABCD option. One of them being what the ghost hunter believes the ghost of saying So this first one is from Shadows with a Z paranormal, which is from what I can tell, based in Mississippi, and it's at a private residence in a place Webster County. I'm not sure exactly where this is, but either way, it's someone's private residence and they believe this ghost of speaking to them. What is it saying? Rachel Dratch?
Speaker 2: That was it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: It's let me hear again. Can I hear again?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll play it again.
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: That's a really good guess. Well did they think it was a what a dummy? B? What's a human? C? What are you doing? I mean? Or d e?
Speaker 2: You are e eeee?
Speaker 1: Okay? Are you sticking with what are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm sticking with what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Absolutely one for one Rachel Dratch? Okay, what are you doing? Okay? Here is one more same group and it is in Harrison County. I don't know what state. But what is it saying?
Speaker 2: Yikes?
Speaker 1: Okay, this one's more whispery.
Speaker 2: That one took me by surprise and give me chills.
Speaker 1: Okay, now that you're prepared, sir.
Speaker 2: I don't like whispers. I've learned. Okay, who I got chills again. I can't figure what it's saying. Let me hear again.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Do I get the multiple choice?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you have to say first?
Speaker 1: Does anything come to mind?
Speaker 2: I don't hear anything specific.
Speaker 1: No, that's okay.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Did they think it was a what was they into? Oh? Maybe they're wondering what that non binary person is into? What was they into? B give us a hint. Okay, c it's almost the end? Or d ooh mama, let's get sickening? What's up girl? Okay?
Speaker 2: Oh? I want to say it's almost the end, just because that's the creepiest one. But I don't know what did they say it was?
Speaker 1: They think it was what was they into?
Speaker 2: Oh? What was it? Let me hear one more time?
Speaker 1: Okay, I can kind of hear that when I have it in my head.
Speaker 2: I guess I could hear that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Rachel, Let's do one more thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, this is sort of this is.
Speaker 1: My census taker moment where I'm just gonna sort of go through a list of paranormal things and you know, tell me your thoughts. Maybe it'll inspire a story or a theory or anything. Okay, First up, Bigfoot, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I knew you were gonna say this. Okay, you're psychic, So Bigfoot. I don't believe in Bigfoot?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 2: Because I just think if Bigfoot existed, there would be Bigfoot skeletons, there would be Bigfoot children. There's never you never hear of a Bigfoot kid running around. Bigfoot has to reproduce somehow, and there's never been a Bigfoot skeleton. There's nothing in the fossil. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: I'm being a wet blanket about Bigfoot. But what about you?
Speaker 1: No, I mean it makes sense. That's why I think it's if I was to entertain it, I feel like it has to be some kind of magical creature or ghost of a Neanderthal or something.
Speaker 2: Oh that's interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that take.
Speaker 1: I agree. Where is the where's the facts? Where's the bones? I want to see some bones, right, and I don't see any bones.
Speaker 2: But I like your I like your theory.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What about UFOs UFOs?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know they had the government hearings.
Speaker 1: Right, But I guess what I wonder is like, do you think that they are moved you know, controlled by these alien creatures on another planet.
Speaker 2: Right, that's a toughie. I mean, it's hard for me to believe myself that UFOs are flying around.
Speaker 1: But but you but you got kidday ghosts that come in your bedroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I have to put UFOs. I'm more likely to believe in that than Bigfoot. Let's put that on the scale.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I got you there. What about horoscopes, that's.
Speaker 2: A good question. I'm so wishy washy, just like a Pisce's No, I don't know. I guess I kind of believe. I guess I kind of believe in astrology. I don't quite know why.
Speaker 1: I think that's a good place to be with all of it, you know, like yeah, kind of like yeah, I think sometimes people get too caught up in that and sometimes people are just like that's not real and whatever. But I think it's like good to be somewhere in the middle where it's like, yeah, you know, yeah, sometimes it's real.
Speaker 2: What sign are you? By the way, I'm a Libra Libra Okay, I don't really know anything about libra.
Speaker 1: I know I don't either, but I feel like you have to like have a reaction like oh.
Speaker 2: I know, of course I knew you were a Libra.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I knew that.
Speaker 2: I like trying to guess people's signs though, but no, I don't really know that much about it.
Speaker 1: And you're a what do you say Pisces?
Speaker 2: I'm a pisces.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Supposed to be well intuitive, a little chaotic, imaginative sense. I'm gonna say messy. I don't know if that's a thing.
Speaker 1: Is that accurate for you?
Speaker 2: It is for me? Yes?
Speaker 1: So intuitive. That kind of goes along with this conversation like, do you find that you have like a little bit of I don't know, psyching.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've had I've had some psychic experiences, but I don't know if like any more than anyone else, Like, I don't really I'm not going to claim to be psychic, but I think i'm I think I'm good at reading energy. But then maybe we all are because we're animals and maybe we all are, so I don't know. I'm not claiming to be special, but I think I am intuitive.
Speaker 1: Do you read into like synchronicities or oh, like things that maybe somebody would go, oh, it's just a coincidence, or do you go oh, that's not a coincidence.
Speaker 2: Like whenever someone's like, oh my god, I was just thinking of you and then you call it, I'm like, well, that's a coincidence. I try to keep it a little bit rational. But I do find if you look for your magical but listen, if you look for magical things, then you're you will see them, like I mean in a good way, Like like when I decide to be open to the signs of something like then you then you do see more things coming your way, like that whole the Secret and all that manifesting.
Speaker 1: I guess, right, right, what.
Speaker 2: About you have you had Have you had like manifesting moments?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I've absolutely manifested some things. But I don't know. Sometimes I do have things happen where I'm like, wait a minute, that's so weird that that lined up in that way. You know, one door closes and another opens or whatever. And I sort of in those scenarios, im like, okay, this was meant to be, right. I do kind of do that a little bit.
Speaker 2: Well, Okay, when I was like heavily into the secret, I would do the whole thing where you like get very specific about your order, you know, like about what you want to come your way. And I had did have some weird things happen, Like one time I got this bill, this unexpected bill for like I don't know what it was, like three thousand dollars or something, and I was like, oh, I was expected, and I was like, okay, I need three thousand dollars to run. And then like two weeks later, I get this random check from some residual thing for three thousand dollars, like the exact amount. So things like that. When I when I actually think about it and put my little order in, then I'm then I'm convinced.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing with the secret, like in my personal opinion, because I get it, things can feel culty or people can you know, seem really wacky with it. But at the end of the day, like if what you're doing is like positive thinking, I don't see any harm in it whatsoever. And you know, telling the world what you want, I think is a great thing, and it helps you to go into a direction and have goals and all of that. And and I very much feel like I've had exactly what you just explained where I'm like, this is like I picture something perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah wait, and I thought just thought, say, so I was on this trip this was whatever. I don't even know what year this was, but anyways, this was before all the secret came out. And I was on this trip and I met these these women who like these two sisters were on this trip, and they told me basically about the secret, like a rudimentaryvor like if you think on lack, you're gonna attract lack if you think on abundancy. So I was that was like a new idea for me, and I was like, oh, like I was really into this idea. Well, then we were all on this nature walk thing. This was in Costa Rica, and there were these scarlet macaws up in the sky, like way up in the sky, and this woman who just told me about this like the day before, she was like, oh, I want I want a feather to bring home to my daughter, and then like we all look up right after she said that, and like thirty seconds later, we start to see this feather falling from the sky, like we all see it falling from like way up above, and it like boot like a car chain, it like locks down and the lands right in front of her feet. And then I was like sold, I'm sold on this swim Wood, you know I set up Yeah exactly. That gave me pause for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's also like so interesting because now I realize, like witches have been doing this stuff for forever, like people that practice witchcraft and lighting a candle and setting in an intention, and I mean even to an extent like prayer. Like it's I don't know, it's funny how I got packaged into this like product called the Secret.
Speaker 2: But like, right, that's a really good point. It's been around since the Jahn of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally. Well, Rachel, I feel like I manifested you. I feel like all these years of loving the work that you do and I can't believe I got to talk to you about ghosts and you have stories. You are a very good storyteller.
Speaker 2: Ah, well, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah that you are a dream guest and a perfect guest.
Speaker 2: Go.
Speaker 1: So thank you for coming on you. So can you tell us about this podcast that you have got?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I have a podcast that's very similar to yours, but I didn't.
Speaker 1: Know yours, but it's different because it's you.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and I didn't know your sorry existed and several others of these, but but no, I love I love yours so much. I was just started listening and I was like, I love your sense of humor around it. But no, So it's called Woo Woo with Rachel Dratch and it's about well ghost psychics, manifesting all this stuff anything that you'd be like, you tell a story and you'd be like, I don't want to sound too woo woo, but you And it's the same like talking to comedians or people that I know with crazy stories and chatting about all this stuff, all the unknown.
Speaker 1: I mean, anytime there's a creative thing that's like similar or whatever, I'm like, it's different because it's the Rachel Dratch version and your life experiences are you know, within that and your what you have to say about each story and what it's not the same thing.
Speaker 2: There's room for all of us. There's a lot of room for ghosts. There's so many ghosts to be talked about. They're all wanting to be guests on our shows.
Speaker 1: And I just think it's good for people to have places to talk about this stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, I love you really bring the fun, like I love how I love your fun approach to it all. I'm just sort of getting my sea legs on the whole thing because we just started in the fall.
Speaker 1: So like, and you'll learn, you'll learn a lot about this stuff, and you'll start to see more common things that happen. Like for example, when you were talking about the person pressing on your stomach or your test. Yeah, trend that I started taking note of early on was people that sleep on their back have these experiences with sleep paralysis.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: And now I try to like take a survey when I hear these sleep proalysses stories to find out what were you on your back or your stomach right, right, Because I think that a lot of this, the study of this kind of a thing, trying to wrap our heads around it, a lot of it is anecdotal evidence. It's hearing stories and sort of you know, documenting what could happen in these different scenarios. And so yeah, it's it's fun, you'll yeah, well I it for you, Thank you.
Speaker 2: No, I love how much fun you bring to it. Because as we're going through, like sometimes we have really fun, kooky stories and then sometimes we have some serious ones. I'm like, oh, okay, this is you know, so yeah, I'm sort of, you know, finding out what's what in the whole paranormal world, I guess. But I'm gonna listen to even more of yours to hear more of how it's done.
Speaker 1: So beg you welcome. Do you want people to follow you or anything like that?
Speaker 2: Oh? Sure, why not. I'm at ray Dratch on Instagram. That's r Dratch and that's pretty much the only place I am right now, so you can check me out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me, Thank you, and thanks for showing me that creepy doll, mister bin Shia the stuff of nightmares.
Speaker 1: Yeah, send me your address. I'll uh oh oh no, thank you so much. To Rachel Dredge, Oh my god, make sure you check out her podcast, and thank you for listening to this one. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Okay, back, this has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you, So email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there and follow me Roz on Instagram at raz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at it's raz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Crichton. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the chilling Karen Kilgareff, the Spooky Georgia Hart Start, and the frightening Danielle Kramer.