Speaker 1: Hey, folks, lyle here for today's episode. I am not in my normal studio. I recorded this one in the middle of Washington Square Park in New York City, and instead of taking phone calls, I talked to people face to face like they used to do in ancient times. I just got to say that of all the real life street interview episodes I've done, this one is probably my favorite. Everyone came with something interesting to say about themselves, and the more I do these, the more I'm really amazed at how many great stories there are out there, just in all these random people walking by. It really did blow me away. And I'm gonna shut up because I hate intros, and I hope you enjoy the episode. Hello, I am here in New York City at Washington Square Park. It is a beautiful energy. There's people running all around. We're sweating on each other, spitting on each other, soaking up each other's juices, each other's energies. It's a wonderful scene. It feels like it's Woodstock here all the time, and I love it. I love Washington Square Park. I'm stoked to be here, and uh, I'm ready to talk to some people. So let's get into it and uh do some do some get going then step into my office. The pleasure to have you here, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful day out here out of Washington Square Park, New York City.
Speaker 1: Way outside, it's icy school in the cut. It's nice in here. It's like a Thursday morning and it's like lit here. It's it feels like it's like a music festival here every day or something. Oh yeah, for sure, there's always some interesting going on in this plug. You feel me. You gonna be interesting people every single day. You just is just it's an unpredictable environment, but in a in a good way. You feel me. It's like you want to be here, you want to see what was about to happen. What's your name? Man? My name is Scooby. Scooby. Very nice to meet, Nice to meet you. What do you do you live around here? Do you come here often? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Of course I'm residing in the branch right now uptown, But yeah, I be coming up and coming out here for a little over a year and a half now out bread meeting new people, promoting my music, all party promotions, all that stuff.
Speaker 1: You make music? What what kinds of like themes do you make music about? Like what inspires the tunes I grew up.
Speaker 2: I grew up listening to rap, and my one of my biggest inspirations was definitely Mike my little rest in peace.
Speaker 1: You feel me? But I like missing it up.
Speaker 2: I like and incorporating a little bit of like grunge rock, that type of that type of shay into my rap music.
Speaker 1: And I like just making that. I like making it my own like that ReLit. That's awesome. It's Scooby. Like your your artist's name or do you have a name?
Speaker 2: My artist name is Icy Schoob Icy y Space s c o O B on my all platforms, Apple Music, SoundCloud, Spotify, how much.
Speaker 1: Check it out after this? So, Scooby, listen. I heard you before you wanted to come on. You were like talking with your friend over there, and you were like, Man, should I talk about this thing going on with this person? And you were like debating whether or not to talk about it? How do you feel? Do you want to? You don't have to, but you want to talk about it.
Speaker 2: So, so it's some little spicy shit going on, it ain't I'm gonna just keep it short and sweet, like I said, so long story, Shore, I ended up meeting this girl. She had some little bit of ex boyfriend problems. Whatever the cases me made me try to trust her. Whatever the case is.
Speaker 1: Boom boom boom, long story Shore.
Speaker 2: We had We had linked up one day, did a little song song, took a couple of videos, and then we sent some of those videos to her ex boyfriend.
Speaker 1: You you sent videos to her? She has she has told me to long story, whatever the cases.
Speaker 2: Me and her, we had a little falling out not too long ago, by like a couple of days ago, and I went over to her quairidor pick up like some of my stuff that I had left, a couple of like little necklace, whatever the cases. And when she opens the door, her ex is in the apartment with her, and I'm like, whoaed on? So now I'm just like, yo, I'm not even gonna hold you. I'm not even mad because this nigga.
Speaker 1: Looks like a and you look like a thought.
Speaker 2: Because how you're going to take back the base that you saw her get fucked.
Speaker 1: By the next man? Damn? Were you like now when she so is her idea? You said she said the video? Let me ask yourself when when when she brought the idea up. Were you on board immediately or were you like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That could maybe the first thing that popped up to my head was like, how are you gonna tell me you over this?
Speaker 1: Dude? But you want to do this?
Speaker 2: But also I don't give a fuck because I'm gonna fuck sure.
Speaker 1: Because it's it's an interesting thing, right because if if she were really over exactly what youldn't even want? You wouldn't want that that type of reaction. I don't.
Speaker 2: So, I mean I played my part, did what I did, and I still come out on top.
Speaker 1: Do you like filming yourself? I mean when I'm putting in that work, of course? Okay? Do you when when when the cameras on you, do you feel like an extra pressure to perform? And I know extra pressure because that's just what I do. Is just it's just me. I was just crashing.
Speaker 2: Okay, you were yourself on cameras, of course, because that's a natural shit to do.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. So you're not seeing this girl anymore? How?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Well you you don't even catch me dead ne near her crib? And what is next for you and your dating life? For you meeting you said you're meeting all kinds of people, are you?
Speaker 2: I'm always meeting you people. I'm never I'm never afraid to put myself out there.
Speaker 4: You feel me?
Speaker 1: Onto the next chapter. It is what it is. It was. It was a fling over it.
Speaker 2: I ain't feeling no type of way about it, because, like I said, I still came out on top and they both cloked black clowns.
Speaker 1: Right now, So let me.
Speaker 5: Ask you this.
Speaker 1: Uh, you've been having all these flings, right, Is any part of you like looking for a wife, looking to settle down or are you just you know, having fun.
Speaker 2: You gotta understand, I'm young, I'm only twenty two years old. I'm about to be twenty three. I don't I ain't really looking for no life partners. Something solidified, Yo, if you fucking with me, if you're fucking with my bob and I'm fucking.
Speaker 1: With chores, and we just go from there and see see where blooms. Is there a type of how would you describe the vibe of the type of person that you get along with. I like people who are themselves, you feel me.
Speaker 2: I like people who don't act a certain way because they're with a different type of crowd, you feel me. You gotta you gotta be genuine with yourself, and you gotta be genuine with the people that you surround yourself with, because that's that's the kind of people that you're gonna attract.
Speaker 1: You feel me. Have you always been very much like comfortable being yourself? Of course?
Speaker 2: Of course, obviously growing up it was it was a little difficult to come to terms with like the type of person that I am. But like, as you get older, you just learn to grow into your mold and then you just pretty much just evolve into the person that.
Speaker 1: You need to become. You said that you felt like it was kind of difficult for you to come to terms with the type of person you am you are just now when I was younger, when you were.
Speaker 2: Can I ask why you felt like it was difficult? Well, it was just because I just I just felt so insecure.
Speaker 1: I was an secure type of person, you feel me. It was just like this, uh.
Speaker 2: Growing up with I grew up, I got bullied a lot for my weight and shit, really yeah, I used to I used to be a little heavier when I was younger. I used to be a little tubby, But no, no more. I don't really care because it's just like people like me for who I am. It ain't It ain't about how I look, It's about how I carry myself. So I'm just gonna continue carrying myself the way that I'm going to.
Speaker 1: So in the journey from being insecure about your way and people bullying you and whatnot to where you are now, where you seem very comfortable with yourself, Like, what what do you think was it that kind of got you from that insecure point to where you are now? If you want me to keep it up up with you, I took a lot of LSD. Okay, you know, I know you're not the first person to like, actually literally we I've been doing all these live shows and I just had someone last night come up and be like, yeah, I also on LSD had like a realization that that changed. Tell me about the trip?
Speaker 6: What what?
Speaker 1: What? What was it that made you come to this realization?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I was just I was in my bedroom, I was smoking for my bong, and I was just like, I forgot which anime I was watching. It was either a comic got killed or hunts like Hunter one that I'm too. But I was like I was in my room and it was hot. I was like sweating like crazy. I just I was like, I guess I'm gonna take.
Speaker 1: Off my shirt.
Speaker 2: And where I was sitting on there was like a mirror right in front of me in my bedroom at the time. So I'm just like staring at myself in the mirror with my shirt off, tripping balls, and.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, this is me.
Speaker 2: I can't I can't hate this person because this is literally me. So I just at that point, I'm like, I bet funk all that shit, mink, throw that shit out the window, and now I'm just happy with literally everything about myself.
Speaker 1: That's wonderful, man, it is. It is a weird thing, Like when you're tripping and you're looking at yourself in the mirror and you're like, that's me. I'm a guy. I actually exist. That's my form. You're trying to learn to love yourself. I like that, man, I appreciate it. I appreciate it. Scooby, what's next for you in the future. I know you're working on music, but like, where do you want your life to go? Man? What do you see for yourself? Man?
Speaker 2: In reality, I just see myself swimming this money, swimming this pussy and just swimming in these drugs.
Speaker 1: You feel me. I'm happy.
Speaker 2: I'm content with the path that I'm choosing. I'm content with the path that I'm going down on right now. And I just see a lot of just a lot of success in my future. And I'm just gonna keep following that stall.
Speaker 1: I love that. Man. I'm wishing you success too, so I appreciate it. Anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go, man, just follow me on Instagram, I c O y s x oo B.
Speaker 2: You feel me, run up my streams on SoundCloud and Apple Music, Spotify, ic school, you feel me, and just staying soon because it's not gonna be the last you seeing me.
Speaker 1: I swim. Can I ask one last segal? Where did Scooby come from? Alright? So no.
Speaker 2: Quickly after I turned thirteen, I moved from South from North New York to South Carolina, and I went to there my high school years.
Speaker 1: I ended up meeting this one dude.
Speaker 2: His name his name was Brian, but he went by the name Shaggy, and I'm him all the time.
Speaker 1: Smoking.
Speaker 2: We're smoking every day, eating a lot, munching a lot. He was a white boy, and I'm a little like colored.
Speaker 1: You feel me? So we just ended up being that shaggy. Fuck it, that's Scooby. Okay. I was gonna ask if there was a Shaggy.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be corny, but I'm not gonna hold you your free moss On Shaggy though he got locked up long ago.
Speaker 1: He got.
Speaker 2: You. Just free moss Son though, for real.
Speaker 1: Free Shaggy maybe?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: And then what is your Instagram again? I see y s x O O B I see y yo Shaggy. Thank you very much for talking to man. I appreciate this won't be the last I'm seeing to you. Take care man? How fuck with that guy?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 1: All right? I like this jacket? Is that genuine animal?
Speaker 7: For no?
Speaker 1: I would never you would never know you're above that.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's your name? I'm Jade, Jade, veryness to meet? Sure? What's what's life like? Jade?
Speaker 7: If at the moment is a bit crazy?
Speaker 1: Why is it crazy?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 7: So I was engaged, okay, and I'm not anymore.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's pretty crazy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How long were you with the person before you were engaged with them?
Speaker 7: About a year? Okay, Yeah, about a year and now we're not, and I'm trying to navigate that. I feel like I've gone a bit cold after it.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, did were you like you believed in love and now you don't?
Speaker 7: It was like a complete hopeless romantic and I was like, this is it, this is forever blah blah blah. Then some thing's happened and then I'm like it doesn't exist anymore.
Speaker 1: When you were in your hopeless romantic love, what was like, what were your thoughts about love? Like? What was engulfing you in that moment?
Speaker 7: I was like, I was like the girl that like always like had my dream wedding planned out, like loved like needed like that to happen. And then I'm pretty young, like I'm twenty three, so I got engaged at twenty two.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, did a lot of people in your life tell you not to do that?
Speaker 7: Actually everyone told me to do it?
Speaker 1: Really yeah?
Speaker 7: Because everyone really really liked himself. I won't say too much. He's like, I don't know where this is going, but everyone said go for it, like they thought it was the right idea. They're happy for me, I mean, but then after we ended, they were like, yeah, that probably wasn't the best idea. I was like, well, you guys could have told me that before I did it. But but now I'm like, I'm like meeting new people, but I'm like, it's not.
Speaker 1: Really you're you had now when you meet a person, you're like, I can see this h two years into the future.
Speaker 7: It's red flags and like when they're not even there though.
Speaker 1: So if you're cool with telling us, like, what was it that transitioned you from being hopelessly in love to this new like you know, feelings about love and kind of from a hopeful romantic to a hopeless one.
Speaker 7: I feel like confidence maybe, like and like relying more on myself rather than I felt like I relied on other people before. And I'm like, I don't need anyone with myself, like and that's that's it.
Speaker 1: That's very beautiful, by the way. That's I love that because I think a lot of people they get lost in the trap of like thinking that they need somebody to complete them.
Speaker 7: But actually, because that was me completely like my whole life pretty much, I was like, I feel like I just need this one person. If I get this one person, like because I was such a hopeless romantic I'm like, if I do this, if I get this person, if they love me, like my life would be great, all my problems are going to go away, blah blah blah. But that obviously doesn't work like that. And I feel like it comes from you. You know, and you're born you, and you leave you so like and you're stuck with you for the time between.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like that's that. It's an interesting thing because you you you would like it to be that easy, right, Yes, they're great you come into relationship with them, life's beautiful forever. But actually you need to like do long, hard work on your way with yourself and it's less of a of a sexy notion because it's a long, arduous process that really never ends ultimately. Yeah, but it's all for the best, right because you're full because at the very even though it's a harder thing, you're in control. Yeah, you're like you you in a relationship, You're like, yeah, fifty percent of control.
Speaker 7: Is totally and now it's just like one hundred percent. This sounds so cliche, No.
Speaker 1: It's cliche. The cliche for a reason.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and like but now it's like one hundred percent time for me, and like I'm I'm studying to be a surgeon. So like now I'm like one hundred percent of my time is dedicated for me and my school and my career and my future.
Speaker 9: And it's like.
Speaker 7: I don't know what the word is, like beautiful, it is very beautiful, like it's motivating. Then it's just like my time, like my time is set for what I want to do and I'm not picking up for anyone else or answering to anyone else.
Speaker 1: Can I ass you this? Because so this this relationship, was your idea of love's soured or your idea of this person specifically love? What was it that soured it? Was it something about him or was it something about just the general feeling of being in a relationship.
Speaker 7: I think that my whole life, as I said, I felt like if you had love, that like you had everything or something you were, you made it. You Like when I got engaged, I felt in that moment like this is it. I made it. I got someone loves me, someone you know, And I thought that that was like the epitome of of the meaning of our lives. But over the past few months, like I've realized that family yep end your social life your work life, your personal life, your spiritual life. Like there's so many components to like making your life happy, and it's not just love that makes you And so yeah, I think that, I mean, yeah, like that person specific definitely like soured it a bit, But I think it's just the idea that love is an added bonus onto your life, but it's not the whole part of your Like it's not everything of your life.
Speaker 1: What kinds of things have you been doing that you felt like you couldn't do when you were in the relationship now that you're saying so.
Speaker 7: Much, so much. I've been going out a lot, but like not like in a bad way, like I mean going outs and like seeing my friends so much more. I built my Like my sister's here right now. I've had such a great relationship with my sister lately, my mom more time for like my family. I've been grinding in school.
Speaker 1: Like when you said you're to be you say you're going to be a surgeon, I was like, that's gonna take Are you gonna be working like one hundred hours a week? Which you should, I mean it should be everyone who is studying medicine. It should be really hard to become a surgeon. You know.
Speaker 7: It's just you don't want someone that has like no work ethic working on your brain. But yeah no, uh, time for a lot more time for God, a lot more time for just whatever I want to do. Really, and like I felt like I when I was in that relationship, I was kind of scheduling my things around.
Speaker 1: The other person.
Speaker 7: Yeah, which, like I guess it is like that in a relationship. It's like give and take or whatever. But it's such a huge sense of freedom I feel now. And I think I feel this freedom because I've learned that love isn't Ever before when I had gone through a breakup or what have you, like it felt devastating, but this time around, it's been like so much more like motivating.
Speaker 1: I love that because it is a devastating thing to realize, like, oh the thing I thought was gonna be the endl be all? Actually is it? Because you're like what do I do now? So it starts devastating, but then you're like, oh, I'm not done. There's so much more to your life. It's beautiful, don't.
Speaker 7: Get me wrong. Like did I go on a man expiral after like one hundred percent? I drove twenty hours to Florida, like when it happened to see my family that live down there. But like I got over it, like I worked through it and now I'm like, I'm actually good, you know.
Speaker 1: Jade, I'm very happy for you. This is awesome. Thank you for sharing all this. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 7: You guys can follow me on Instagram. Sure, Jade keo, it's a j A D E K e O g h h. If you go to Columbia, I go to Columbia, so I'll see you around. But uh, that's about it. I do want to end with hit me, love yourself, and the rest will follow him.
Speaker 1: Jade, thank you very much for talking to get that. Thank you very much, Jane. Good luck to you. That was great. Did you hear any of that? Did you hear her talking a lot? That was what she was talking about, Like she she thought that love was the most important thing in life, and then it kind of soured and that was devastating. But then she realized, like, oh, there's so much more to life and it kind of opened her up and that was awesome. I really enjoyed talking to her about.
Speaker 4: That smart girl.
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 10: My name is Spaz Spaz, Yesaz.
Speaker 1: Fast, nice to meet she. Man, what are you all about? What's going on?
Speaker 10: Well, obviously from the name, I'm a Spaz okay, but I make music, you know, I'm a breakdance of B boy I street Befohm.
Speaker 4: I'm actually about to go do it in in a few minutes.
Speaker 1: Oh really, you know, like.
Speaker 10: Show time show Yeah, like, yeah, that's me right there, So yeah, I do that. Actually, today is really like it's really like a monumental day for me, and it's crazy. I get to do this because I've been fighting this case for like a couple of years. I ended up doing like two twenty four months in jail for something like I did for my mom or whatever, you know, try to be a family guy as a young adult. I was eighteen, so I did twenty four months and then I still had to deal with the case after that, and today was the last day of everything.
Speaker 4: So I'm officially a free man.
Speaker 1: Graduation. That's awesome. That's awesome. So you said you did something, and we don't have to get into the specifics very thing, but what's your relationship like with your mom? Man?
Speaker 10: Well now, like me and my family don't even talk so really yeah, so it's like I didn't do it for nothing, but I did it for a reason. If I went and did it, you know, it wouldn't be the way it is now with her, she wouldn't probably be staying where she's staying, or like, you know, I wouldn't be in a position I'm in.
Speaker 1: So so so you don't talk to her anymore. Nah, we don't have to get to that. You don't want to get into. But can I ask why, just.
Speaker 4: You know, just family stuff.
Speaker 10: You come like after doing that much you do twenty four months in jail, prison as a young adult, you're not the same no more come out you know, so like your mentality is different, the way you move, like everything about you is so different. It's just like you getting used to society and society getting used to you. It's just like it takes time to coexist, and sometimes you just have to be away from the people you love because it's harder for them.
Speaker 1: Can I hear more about, like any sort of specific differences in your mindset that you found when you like first came into jail, when you got out.
Speaker 10: I mean, like before jail, I was the love of boy, so you know, I was I was always there for everybody everything. I wouldn't really do much for myself even now, like I'm still like I'm a selfless person. Like you know, I would give people like shoes off my feet, you know, stuff like that. But going to jail made me realize, you know, like being that type of person in.
Speaker 1: Jail wouldn't get you far interesting.
Speaker 10: You know, Let's say, like I had a female that I was with. We was with each other probably a year before I went to jail, and while I was in jail, like she was messing with my.
Speaker 4: Friends and stuff like that. So like like it changed a lot.
Speaker 10: It showed me like people were not gonna always be there, Like even like down to family, they they wasn't always able to send me money or they just wouldn't send me money or answer my phone.
Speaker 4: Calls, no letters, pictures.
Speaker 10: But I had certain people that would and like I would be grateful for certain things. So like I would like thinking after jail, it's just like you know, you gotta just don't even worry about what's there and what's not, just be grateful for it.
Speaker 4: Whatever comes, it comes, like it is what it is. You can't you got a lift for today.
Speaker 10: You can't really think too much on the future, what's gonna happen, or how you shouldn't like, you know, how you should do things, cause when you actually get to that point, you're never gonna do that.
Speaker 4: You're gonna act up for impulse.
Speaker 1: So so when you came so you first started out, you felt like you were very you know, sort of giving, and you're like you would give people the shoes off of your feet. And then you came out You're like, I'm not doing that anymore.
Speaker 10: It's not just like I'm not doing it, just like I was more conscious to it, Like.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, like why I select you with who you're giving your energy too?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Why am I giving you the shoes off of my feet?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 4: If you wouldn't give me, you know, CRAMMEO for your plate?
Speaker 1: Sure? Sure. So if you're not talking to your family anymore, what do you have people in your life that you're cool with that you do feel are worthy of your graciousness?
Speaker 10: I mean, I feel like everybody's worthy of everything. But it's just I don't know, you just got to take the time to you know, come see me talk to me, figuring me out. Let me figure you out.
Speaker 1: What was it like when you first got out of jail, Like what were you doing before? Like were you in school or were you working at all? Oh?
Speaker 10: No, school was never a thing for me. But like I said, I dance, you know, and I make music. So I've been doing that my whole life. I came home, I started doing like like concerts and stuff like that. You know, I do the street performing things. So I still, you know, I stay healthy, I stay in shape. Was going to the gym just like regular stuff. So I had to get into like dating. But it's like it's scary because especially coming out of jail. Sure like you're you're kind of thirsty or so, Like I wasn't. I never really cared about stuff like that. It was just like the fact that I don't want to waste my time. You may show women a certain type of vulnerability and it gets held against you, or you may not and that gets held against you. You can't be too dominant or assertive.
Speaker 4: You can't be.
Speaker 10: Too vulnerable, can't be too sad. It can't be a bitch, Like what am I supposed to do?
Speaker 1: So when you say that you're kind of like navigating the dating world very carefully. Are you like looking to hook up? Are you looking for like an actual kind of stable relationship.
Speaker 10: I mean, I can't hook up with nobody that I can't have a conversation with. Sure, I'm not gonna lie because it's just like a nut might be a nut or whatever, but you know, it's still it's still time and energy that comes with that. Like I'm Native Americans, so like I'm very spiritual, So like I do believe in like when you do certain things and you swap and stuff like that, that's your bodily aways going into me.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 10: You know, I'm going into you like I don't want to I don't want to finish, And the next day I'm fucking depressed. While am I depressed? I just had some great sex, Like you know, it shouldn't like you shouldn't feel like that. So I really like I'm really more like on point with who take my time with?
Speaker 1: You mentioned that you're a very spiritual guy. Do you have like a main sort of fetis spiritual belief that that guides you.
Speaker 10: I mean, not necessarily, it's just like in my heritage and like you know, but at the end of the day. I do trip a lot, you know, So when it do, like when I when I am like becoming like one with myself or like trying to get into my roots or like the deeper meaning of life, I just you know, trip and just think it's it's not really much to it. You don't need religion, you don't really have to you know, worship, but a dominance or anything.
Speaker 5: It's all.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I guess I feel like it's all within yourself. We here, we just we here, see yourself. When you die, it's over, there's no there's nothing, so yeah, I just gotta take it in while it's here.
Speaker 1: I feel that I feel any time I think about that, I feel very inspired to be just in the moments because this is all we got. Exact future's not guaranteed. Fast is over right, right? What got you into music? You're break dancing? How have you been doing that just your entire life? Or do you remember kind of like what started you doing that?
Speaker 4: Funny things?
Speaker 10: It's funny my mom said I came out dancing like literally yeah, she said, I came out like doing the Superman moves.
Speaker 4: So like, yeah, like dancing has.
Speaker 10: Like been in my blood like nobody my family has any talent. I got two younger sisters and I have a older brother. Nobody has any talent, so like they just do like regular stuff, you know, go to school or whatever. So it's like that I took that serious me being young and I I just saw my stuck with my whole life.
Speaker 4: That's the outlet to you know, anything that's going on.
Speaker 1: And you make music too, Yeah, I make music. What kinds of things inspire your music?
Speaker 10: Hurt, heartbreak, struggles, you know, like all the bad stuff, all the bad stuff, like you know, the good stuff is like we could talk about all the good stuff, but it's like like how nonsalant do you want us to be? I'm not like every other rapper or artist that's gonna say, you know, women is the money that because at the end of the women and the money, how are you really feeling? So I talk about all the bad stuff and hopefully bring the bad stuff to life.
Speaker 4: So that way is like more of a like a like awareness music.
Speaker 1: Does it feel like a healing process to you to take all the bad stuff going on with you and like put it into something.
Speaker 10: Yeah, definitely, definitely. And it's not just like it's healing for me. It's also like helping for others, so like, because a lot of people call me or like text me, like fans are like random people tell me like I've cried to your music before it so like, and it's just like like damn, like I had the power to touch somebody, so like, I mean just me knowing that I can, you know, touch somebody else. That's healing in itself. Like it doesn't even matter about the music. I just want to give my point across.
Speaker 1: Dude, What's what do you think the future looks like for you? What do you hope to achieve while you're alive on the earth?
Speaker 4: Everything?
Speaker 10: There's nothing specific, Like I said, I don't I don't dwell in the future. I don't dwell on paths. I'm on today. Today, I'm gonna get fucked up. Tomorrow I'm gonna be recovering, probably Spaz.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: T H A T B O Y L S D T. That's my name.
Speaker 10: Look it up, Spotify, Apple, YouTube, whatever, check me out.
Speaker 1: LL's Demons, your friends with Scoob too?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 4: My boys school?
Speaker 1: Do you guys make music together.
Speaker 4: Yes, to be in the samety.
Speaker 1: And we be fucking up to on them like you already know that. How did you how did you guys meet?
Speaker 4: We met in jail.
Speaker 1: You met in jail.
Speaker 10: That's been my best friend ever since. Yeah, yeah, it's been my best friend ever since.
Speaker 1: Have you got done that? Have you like done a song together? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got music, we got videos.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna check you guys out, man, I got documentaries out to SBU c c U from all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: So it's good to see you guys hanging out and sticking together. Man, that's awesome and it's great to be here. Nice to me too, very nice to meet your man, Scoob. Good to see you guys. Thank you for talking to a get go oh man, that was good. By the way, I love the Oreo shoes. That's fucking rock oh man, beautiful beautiful. Hey, thank you guys. That was awesome. Did you hear that conversation that was so inspiring? Yeah, that was really cool.
Speaker 11: Like I always walked past these kind of like you know, skaters are always right here, square and I never really like even pay attention to them, but it's people are so deep.
Speaker 1: I know I by the way, I just I fucking love the energy in Washington Square Park. It's so cool. I love it here. I want to move here one days, like the.
Speaker 5: Coolest place you live here right, like in the bushes, because you're I will.
Speaker 1: Live here in the bushes and probably cheaper than renting. Oh yeah, what's your name, Joel?
Speaker 5: What's your name?
Speaker 1: Lyle nice Man? What's uh? What's going on on with you in your life? What are you all about?
Speaker 5: Fuck? Fine out? Well, okay, okay, I'm a student.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 11: What do you study at Like many of the other people here, I study musical theater?
Speaker 1: Study musical theater? What do you What is your dream role? Take a second to think about it?
Speaker 5: Please, thank you, Jel.
Speaker 1: Let me think of mine. When I was in high school, I really wanted to be and I chickened out. I didn't do it. But I wanted to be Sebastian in The Mermaid because in the shower I sing under the sea all the time, and I feel like it'd be a fun song to sing in front of an audience.
Speaker 5: I love it. I mean, well, t V Diggs just stole your role? Who did d V Diggs?
Speaker 1: One? The new One? The remake in all the classic movies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 11: So I loved The jungle Book right, the initial jungle Book, and then I just felt like it went downhill from there.
Speaker 1: Right, it remade the Jungle Book, didn't they the remake?
Speaker 11: I'm saying the remake of the Jungle Book, Like the first live action that they did was fucking amazing, and then everything else I thought was kind of it just right.
Speaker 1: It's weird because the timeline they did the Jungle Book back in like twenty like ten or something, and then now they're like, Okay, let's do everything else.
Speaker 11: Right exactly because it's an easy you know, they've already written all the stories, so it's just like easy money Disney Joel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's your dream roll? Dream roll?
Speaker 11: In musical theater, I'd want to play Princeton and Avenue Q. Have you seen Avenue Q?
Speaker 1: I Love Avenue Q.
Speaker 5: Avenue Q's I Love Avenue Q.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 11: That was her favorite musical. So when I was like two years old, she'd be playing, you know, like the Internet is for porn, Internet is for porn. Everyone was Fuck, everyone's a little bit racist, just like in the house while I was learning how to walk.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, so I think have you seen it live? Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 5: I saw it with my mom actually when we first came to New York.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Man Off Broadway before it closed, that's awesome. So you're studying to be musical theater what do you what do you?
Speaker 10: I mean?
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask what do you want to do? I assume you want to go be a an actor? Okay, that'd be cool. What is it that makes you want to do that? What is it about the lights, the people, the action?
Speaker 11: I think everyone's kind of searching for human connection, right, yeah, sure, I mean that's kind of how I feel when I'm in a show.
Speaker 5: I'm connecting with others.
Speaker 11: I'm connecting with you right now, and there's this like sense of love and belonging that I think that I can't or I haven't really been able to find in any other thing that I've done interesting and obviously, you know, like the more I did it, the more I realized like I was actually good at it, and then I couldn't really see myself doing anything else, like if I was gonna go into math.
Speaker 1: Were there things that you tried before musical theater when you were kind of like trying to figure yourself out that like didn't quite work well.
Speaker 11: My dad's Argentinian, right, and so they have an amazing soccer team. And so I did a lot of sports growing up, Like I did soccer until I was probably five, actually did until I was seven. I did soccer when I was seven, and then I did baseball, and then I did basketball. But you can't really play those sports if you're scared of the ball, right, And when you get older, there's this really interesting thing that happens where people actually start to take it seriously and they they've become competitive, and so like that's when like checking starts getting becoming a thing, and it's.
Speaker 5: I'm not for that, Like I don't like pain.
Speaker 1: And you know what's you know what is interesting about what we're talking about here is like there's there's the fear of physical danger of I'm gonna get fucking decked, of I'm gonna get a baseball to the face. That is like, you know, a primal scary thing. Yeah, And then there's the fear of I'm gonna go out there in front of five hundred people and I'm gonna fucking sing a song and I'm gonna put myself out there in a vulnerable position. And that's a fucking scary thing too. That's a fear that you've been able to overcome.
Speaker 11: That's more emotional pain, right, I think, like physical pain like bleeding or it seems a little bit more daunting to me, right, Like I mean I don't really have to go in with a fear of like, oh I could die on stage, right, Like, I mean it's happened, but like that's not really like in my control versus.
Speaker 1: Like when you when you perform, do you get nervous at all? Or are you typically good with the crowd?
Speaker 11: I used to not get nervous at all, really, and then I think when it became something that was like more serious, right Like if now if I go on stage, especially like if it's in front of a New York audience or something like that, I do get more nervous because I know people are there's there there's more of a of a high quality theater scene. He expectation or expectation of like oh this, like is he going to live up to whatever anyone else does? And so like I think it's it's the judgment that probably makes me more nervous than anything interesting of judgment?
Speaker 1: Do you do you do you have a fear of judgment? And is that just like you know, I mean, if you're willing to talk about it, like, is that a thing in your personal life at all? Or is that like just on the stage, Like how are you with like being confident about just being yourself and just in life.
Speaker 11: I think it's it's both. I think I I think I feel it everywhere. I mean, I bring kind of who I am as a person to the stage.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sure, middle school kind of screwed me up.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about middle school. You're down? What's up in middle school?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I had a lot of friends who were.
Speaker 11: They're like fake friends, right, Yeah, they pretended to be friends with me, but it was only as like a oh, like and then we're going to break off and exclude you and do our own.
Speaker 1: Middle schoolers are strangely Mackavelian in that way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't understand it.
Speaker 11: I think like a lot of people want to feel a sense of power in middle school, and like they.
Speaker 5: I don't even I don't even.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm like talking about it, is I know what middle schoolers think when like I've repressed it so far in my memory, like deep down that I don't remember anything that happened. I just know that I have some untapped trauma from middle school that I just I've just chosen to ignore.
Speaker 1: And and like, nowadays, do you feel like you have a good support system, You got good friends that you can count on being true?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, high school definitely. When I became more mature.
Speaker 11: Yeah, like could actually carry myself confidently.
Speaker 5: The right people gravitate towards you.
Speaker 1: It's a When I was in middle school, I also like had you know, I was very nervous. And you grow up and you realize everyone was you know, the people who were like you know, the kids who whatever you could say, they were the popular kids, and like you know, uh uh, they would make you feel a little bit weird. But then you grow up and you meet you ever meet have you met up with anyone from middle school in your adult life? You're an adult, they're an adult, and then you are like, everything that was going on in middle school is so stupid. Yeah it happened.
Speaker 11: Well, yeah, they're all so nice to me after they've treated me like like dirt for the fast, Like it's just the weirdest thing ever, Like people completely change, both on their end and on my end. You know, like I learned more to not really be affected by those kind of people. But they've also realized what they were doing in the past was kind of shitty, and so they've been nice to more people because they've realized that kindness gets them farther in life. And so it's just really wild to see them again if you go to reunion and stuff.
Speaker 1: What I this is a loaded question here, but how do you from the kind of insecure middle time, middle school times and to now what do you feel like? What tools have you gained to help you navigate through life?
Speaker 5: Lead with love.
Speaker 11: Because that's what everyone needs. I was listening to.
Speaker 5: What was the name of the woman.
Speaker 11: Who got who was supposed to be engaged then j Janey she was. She said something really profound about like, you know, after you after she realized that she didn't have love anymore, that she realized that she could anchor herself and family and friends and work, and like, I think that.
Speaker 5: Love exists in all of those things.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, there's like a love pie charge and they all are kind of creating a little symphony. And so she.
Speaker 11: Was actually I think searching for love and other places of her life that she didn't realize it existed. And I just find that fascinating. I'm still trying to find more love and it doesn't necessarily have to be held by the people who I think I need it from, right.
Speaker 1: M Well, Joel, thanks for sharing all of this stuff. Man, this was this was super cool of talking to you. What what do you hope for yourself in the future?
Speaker 5: For myself?
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh oh god, I tokay. If you don't know, I should know. Yeah, there's no reason to know. We don't even know if there's going to be a future. There could be a meteor. Yeah, I just happened to the dinosaurs. It could happen to us.
Speaker 11: I hope that like my future self looks back on my past self and says like, hey, like you made the right decision there. You made the right call there, because there are so many decisions that we're going to be faced with in life that I don't think anyone's really prepared to make. Yeah, and so if I make a few right decisions, then I think that's all that matters.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of this theater before we expected.
Speaker 5: I don't I thought my friend was going to be talking.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was a pleasure talking to you. I would give my Instagram, but I don't really. I don't think I have to promote anything.
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 5: Live a happy life.
Speaker 1: Very nice talking to you, man, Thank you very much for sure. Hey, wishing you good luck?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: Yeah you too. Oh man. Now I'm thinking about my middle school times, and people are gonna listen to you. They're gonna to think about their middle school times. I appreciate you sharing all that, man, of course, anytime. It's a pleasure. Take care, brother. I love the screen dress. This is cool you where'd you get it?
Speaker 12: Amazon dot com?
Speaker 1: I got this on Amazon dot com. BeOS, fuck Bezos, but he got us, he got he won. What's your name?
Speaker 12: My name is Julia, Julia.
Speaker 1: What's what's your life like? Man?
Speaker 12: I'm a student.
Speaker 13: I just came from class and I actually just saw a sticker that said calling face timing your mom is not therapy, and then I ran into therapy.
Speaker 12: Get go, this is my therapy.
Speaker 1: Now therapy Gecko is also not therapy. I wish I'll tack that onto the sticker. When's the last time he facetimed your mom?
Speaker 12: I called her like as soon as I saw the sticker?
Speaker 1: Oh you did?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And uh, how was that? Was that the first time he'd called her in a while?
Speaker 12: No, I call her all the time, but she was busy, so it was a short call.
Speaker 1: What do you typically talk about with your mom life?
Speaker 12: You know, catching up? My dad just recently passed.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sorry to hear that.
Speaker 12: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how how's your relationship with your mom?
Speaker 12: It's it's good. It's a little different now.
Speaker 13: I've come from like a family of three, so now it's just me and her, so, you know, dynamics changed a bit.
Speaker 1: But yeah, can I ask and you know, I know it's probably a certain subject and we have to talk about it if you don't want to. But when he passed, did that kind of bring you guys closer together at all?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 12: We could talk about my dad.
Speaker 13: I love my dad and he's awesome, and it did bring us together. But now I'm like studying away, so that's kind of hard.
Speaker 1: Where are you studying away here?
Speaker 12: I'm from Miami.
Speaker 1: Oh cool, cool? What made you want to come to New York?
Speaker 13: My dad actually instilled New York into me. I was born here, but he really gave me that passion for New York. And yeah, everything I do is because of him.
Speaker 1: Tell me more about everything that you do. What are what are you studying?
Speaker 12: I go to n y U. I made my own major.
Speaker 1: You can you do that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 12: You can?
Speaker 5: What's It's called the Esthetics of Blackness?
Speaker 13: So I basically see the ways that black people function within different art sectors and the way art is representative of black people, and how black people have influence art in return.
Speaker 1: How what what year are you in school?
Speaker 12: I'm like a junior slash senior.
Speaker 1: Okay, And are you when you get to a senior are you gonna have to write like a senior thesis of some kind? Do you know kind of what the thesis statement of the these this is going to be? I don't interesting.
Speaker 13: It's really weird because I got into like what I do because of my dad, and I would always like call him when I have papers and stuff. So now it's kind of like me learning how to fend for myself and discover myself and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are some like kind of central truths or main ideas that you've taken away from from your studies.
Speaker 12: A central truth.
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 13: It's just really interesting how race like impacts everything in America, in the world, everything really is systemic. It's really built off of history, so you have to understand the past to understand the present and the future.
Speaker 1: Is this a subject that you've always been very interested in? Yeah?
Speaker 12: I would say so. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What did you want to be when you were like a little kid?
Speaker 13: When I was a little kid, I wanted to go to n y U, which I do, Okay, and I I think I wanted to do fashion or something.
Speaker 1: Not sure? Do you are you still into fashion now?
Speaker 10: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you like, uh, where do you typically shop at? Is it Amazon? Or do you like thrift stores?
Speaker 12: I'm poor.
Speaker 13: I don't know. I like shopsider. That's a good one for my poor bitches out there.
Speaker 1: Okay. And so your mom is back in Miami, yes, And has it has it been difficult being away from her at this time?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's been pretty hard.
Speaker 1: What what kinds of things do you like kind of do to keep a good relationship with her.
Speaker 13: It's really just important to just check up on each other, you know. Mental health is important obviously, and we're just trying to be strong for each other, so you have to recognize that, you know, there might be a facade behind the stringth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Has it been hard to like keep up a do Do you feel like a need to keep up a facade of some kind?
Speaker 13: I actually do, Like I just I don't want to see my mom cry. My mom doesn't want to see me cry. So I don't know, but we do need to talk about my dad to each other because we're the only people who really understand.
Speaker 1: So it's you don't have any siblings, just you mom and dad. Have you been like talking with any other people that your dad was close to in his life, like any of his friends or people he worked with, or sort of commiserating with other people in his life.
Speaker 13: So my dad was a security guard and he actually died at work, but there was like all the kids at the school like gave us so many notes and letters and like the beautiful ideologies that my dad instilled in them and stuff like that.
Speaker 12: So sometimes like just reading those can help.
Speaker 1: Can I hear any of these of these ideologies that he instilled in them that touched you?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I think one person said that, like on his like last day on earth that he saw like this one kid who looks sad and he was like, what's wrong, buddy, And then the kids like like these kids are you know, bullying me and making fun of me? And then he was like one of the last things he said was to like uplift some child, and he was like, you know, don't ever let these kids get to you. You have to know who you are yourself. And once you know that, like their words won't affect you.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. That's great. That's cool that that he worked with so many, so many people that like would write you these letters and have your stories about him and what Now, it sounds like he touched a lot of people.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he did.
Speaker 13: He has his own holiday in Miami. He is on holiday in Miami December twenty third.
Speaker 1: It is what's what's your dad's name?
Speaker 12: Vasty Doorville?
Speaker 1: Vasty Doorville is? It is December twenty third in Miami. Is Vasty Doorville Day? Yes, Happy Vasty Doorville Day. How do people celebrate Vasty Doorvill Day?
Speaker 13: I mean, I don't know. It's happened last year, so we'll see this year. How we celebrate.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, beautiful what's your name again? Julia, Julia, Julia, thank you very much for talking all this stuff. This is awesome. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 12: On December twenty third, Kiss your daddy.
Speaker 1: Julia, thank you very much for talking to a Geko. I appreciate it, and good luck to you in your mom.
Speaker 14: Hello.
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 14: My name is Sarafina. What's your name?
Speaker 1: Sarafina?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I like that. That sounds like a name of a very nice brand of bold water.
Speaker 14: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 1: What's your life like, Sarafina?
Speaker 14: I mean it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Like I'm from California, Okay, I'm I've been here for like less than a month because I'm here for school.
Speaker 1: Oh really Yeah, how are you finding this to be different from California?
Speaker 3: I mean I like how there's so many just like random people here and they're like all in their own little world. Yeah, it's so fun to just people watch and just like people are just doing whatever they want. And I love it there or I love it here because I feel like in California, a lot of people like to put on like a facade, which like people do here too, but especially in this area in between classes.
Speaker 14: It's just like nice to just people watched.
Speaker 3: Where in California from I'm from Orange County.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool? I mean I'm in town here from la oh really yeah? And I got to say I'm with you. I feel like this is a way better place to people watch. It's a way different energy a lot of places in Los Angeles. I might have said this before, but they kind of look like fake cities that were made to test nuclear weapons on. They don't feel like people actually live there. And here it's a fucking amazing human beings walking by, not cars. It's wonderful. What made you want to come here to New York?
Speaker 14: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I like sometimes I'm kind of like delusional, so I'm just like, oh, for college, I was like, I just want to go somewhere far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, try New York.
Speaker 3: So I only went to schools from New York and California, and I just chose NYU because I was like, that seems like.
Speaker 9: A good school.
Speaker 3: And then I ended up getting in and so now I'm here. M Yeah, I really like it here, and I like the particular school that I'm in.
Speaker 1: What made you want to go far? Was there like a pent up cabin fever of just being in Orange County for so long.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah that, but also like I just wanted to be able to be by myself, like I really like my alone time.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 14: And I didn't like I love my family, but like I need.
Speaker 1: My space of course, of course, how do you how do you think your family feels about you going so far away? Do you think that they are they like proud of you that you're taking your own initiative to go live your own life, or are they kind of like encouraging you to stay home.
Speaker 3: No, they were pretty supportive about me going away far because my mom did the same thing.
Speaker 14: Like she's from or she's from Canada. I grew up in Michigan and.
Speaker 3: Then randomly she just decided to go out to California and I kind of did the opposite. But like it would be a little hypocritical if they wouldn't support that, But luckily.
Speaker 14: For me they do.
Speaker 1: What is your what do you study in school?
Speaker 14: I get to like make my own majors?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, just like Julia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I'm only a freshman, but so don't really know yet. Maybe something in media and music possibly fashioned.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, what do you make music? Are you interested in making music?
Speaker 3: I mean maybe, like I'm I don't make it right now, but like if I've ever were to produce in the future, like that'd be pretty fun.
Speaker 1: Okay. Do you know, like what kinds of themes of anything that you would want to make music about?
Speaker 14: M maybe like some R and B. Okay, yeah, but I don't know, I kind of like everything.
Speaker 1: How are you adjusting to being in the city? Are you like, do you do you know anyone here?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I know a couple of people, like, oh, I just made friends with them, but like going in here like I didn't know anyone?
Speaker 1: Was that scary?
Speaker 3: Like like I like, okay, nice.
Speaker 1: Would you consider yourself introverted?
Speaker 14: I mean yeah, but also depends on my mood.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that's awesome. That's cool that you weren't afraid, because I mean, that's what. It's a fucking daunting thing to move across the country where you don't know anyone, but you kind of fucking brute force it.
Speaker 3: It sounds yeah, I mean it's all right, like you kind of just go with the flow with life.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Was what is it that you hope to do in the future.
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I really don't know. I don't like. When I first was applying to college, I wanted to be more fashion based. I was like, maybe a fashion designer. But now since I feel like I'm more music based, maybe if I were to like plan an organized concert or something like that, But I don't really have like a clear.
Speaker 1: I'm seeing a big theme of all the people I've been talking to today of like everyone's you know, I like talking to people about what they're thinking about doing for the future, but everyone's like living day by day in the moment, which is the smart move, you know, because future is never guaranteed, so it's good to be living now. What's your name again, Sarafina? Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: It's okay to be delusional. That's also a way of manifesting love.
Speaker 1: It, Sara Fanna. Thank you very much for talking to GEcho Man. Take care, good luck you as well. What's your name? My name is Michael, Michael. Very nice to meet che how's life man?
Speaker 6: Life is great. I love life. It's my favorite thing.
Speaker 1: It's your favorite thing? Yeah, it's your favorite thing. Why is it your favorite?
Speaker 6: Because I love living, man, I like having fun.
Speaker 1: Have you always loved to live?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really so, even since you were like a little boy, even when you first started living. You're a tiny, little, single celled organism. You love. You loved it once you experienced your first cell, you were like, I'm in as.
Speaker 6: Soon as I came out of my dad loved it.
Speaker 1: I love that, man. That's awesome.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 6: So what is this? What is this? I've never heard of this?
Speaker 1: This is this?
Speaker 5: Is this?
Speaker 10: Is?
Speaker 1: This is this?
Speaker 6: I heard him say podcast? Podcast?
Speaker 1: This is Yeah, it's a podcast. It's it's it's this. It's where I'm talking to you. You're talking to me. We're alive. We were both once come and now we miraculously have the ability to hold microphones and communicate with each other. You've lived a different life than I have than have any of the other people walking around in here, and we're communicating our experiences of being come.
Speaker 6: So what is this about?
Speaker 1: It's about you, It's about me. It's about life. What is your name? Was again?
Speaker 6: Michael?
Speaker 1: Michael? Michael? What is your life like? Man? What do you do? You say? You love life? What's your life like? What do you do? Are you in school? Are you working? Are you walking around?
Speaker 15: I work two jobs, and I'm also in school. I work for the Nature Conservancy and I also work for Regal Cinemas. Okay, and I'm also in school. I'm an accounting major.
Speaker 1: Oh nice. Yeah, I want to ask about all three of those things. I'm gonna start with the movie theater. Tell me about the premiere of the Minions. How much popcorn did you have to clean up off the floor?
Speaker 6: A lot? Okay, anytime a movie premiere is it's a lot.
Speaker 15: It's a lot to deal with deep perks. Yeah, yeah, I get free movies.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: Time.
Speaker 1: Are you like, are you a centophile? No? Okay, no, not at all. Are you Are you enthusiast of anything at all?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Money?
Speaker 1: Enthusiast of money? Yeah, I'll go while you're an accountant, So your money, your whole your whole life is gonna be about counting money.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be about money. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What is it about money that is so enthusiastic towards it?
Speaker 6: Gives you freedom?
Speaker 1: So let's say you had all the money in the world, Let's sell you just what what to you is an amount of money where if you reached it, you'd be like, I'm good, I'm chilling, I'm free.
Speaker 6: Thirty million.
Speaker 1: Let's say you had thirty million. Yeah, what are we doing on Wednesday? What's the day of your life? Like you thirty million dollars?
Speaker 15: In thirty million, Well, I will never stop working and really yeah no, really no.
Speaker 1: You would never stop working even if you have thirty million dollars.
Speaker 6: No, why because there's more money to be made.
Speaker 15: And I think complac and see is pretty much the death of any man.
Speaker 1: So interesting. Interesting, So at that point when you have thirty million dollars but you want to keep working because you don't want to be complacent, it feels like it's less about the money and like I want a bigger yad, I want a larger house, and more about just you know, you like the grind.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's both like you could want more things and you can also just like the grind because you don't want to, you know, get lazy. I mean you could pursue other things. You could pursue the gym. You know, you'll have freedom to have time to do that. But also like, dude, if I had thirty million dollars, I'll tell you what I would do, honestly, pa, honestly place So I just made thirty million dollars, automatically buy a house, buy all that shit.
Speaker 6: Right then we're clubbing, you.
Speaker 15: Know, we're hanging out with models, we're in the Bugatti Lambo, we're having a great time, and we just wake up in a different country, like and I even in a different state, different country.
Speaker 1: You know. People like to say this, They like to be like, well, one day, you know, hedonic treadmill, you'll get sick of the models, You'll get sick of the cars, You'll get sick of the country. Is never No, No, you wouldn't get sick of it. I think it'd be awesome.
Speaker 6: That's what people who don't have the money saying.
Speaker 1: I think I think that sounds pretty cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you hope to get there one day?
Speaker 6: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, what does the path there look like?
Speaker 15: The path is working extreme, Like, just keep working hard, investing.
Speaker 6: I don't get tired.
Speaker 15: So that's why I work two jobs, and I also go to school because I don't feel I feel a lot of energy all the time.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's an interesting thing. You're you're on your grinds. You're working on all these jobs. But to you, like, you do not get tired. Do you not get like stressed out from the grind? Do you not burn out at all? No, you're just wired differently.
Speaker 15: Yeah, because I don't see it as a chore. I see it towards I see it as like I must do it in order to get to.
Speaker 1: Where I want to be interesting.
Speaker 15: And let's say I got a job at the bank making thirty an hour, nine.
Speaker 6: To five, right, I would literally go.
Speaker 15: I would still go to my regal job immediately after and work six to eleven interesting, fifteen.
Speaker 1: Interesting, and and and there's no like pain points to any of this. You never are like at the end of you know, a six am to two am day and you're like fucking fuck, or the whole time you're like, I'm in and I'm alive. We're grinded.
Speaker 15: No, if it was like six to two, obviously I'd be tired. But I need to do what I have to do regardless of how I feel.
Speaker 1: So have you always been this way or is this something that you you adapted at some point in your life.
Speaker 15: I think after high school. I'm twenty two, I'm about to be twenty two in like a month. So I've been in college for four years now almost. I think after high school I adapted that.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you kind of like could you pin it to anything about what made you make this adaptation?
Speaker 6: Being poor?
Speaker 15: So yeah, realizing that, like, yeah, just people around me, like, if you're lazy, you're.
Speaker 6: Not gonna get anything done.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Yeah, Now, tell me about like your personal life, friends, family are. Do they share a similar mindset to you?
Speaker 15: Or try to surround myself with people who do. Okay, if they don't, I still love them, but my soul.
Speaker 1: Tell me about your family, like your parents. Do you have siblings too? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I have a sister. She's very smart.
Speaker 1: Okay, she like you with with wanting to grind a lot.
Speaker 15: No, but she's like she's taking a simple path, like go to school, do what you have to do. She's not she's not hyperactive, like she's not trying to be like I'm gonna work two jobs, I'm gonna go to School'm gonna run a business, this and this and that.
Speaker 6: But she's like, all right, I'm gonna just go to school, do what I.
Speaker 15: Have to do, and it should work right because our system is set up that way, like.
Speaker 6: If you do what you have to do, you know you don't have to be comfortable.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 6: You know, it's not that hard to lift comfortably.
Speaker 15: But if you want to go beyond that, then it does get That's where it gets difficult.
Speaker 1: Parents, what would you say there?
Speaker 15: Philosophy is my dad same thing, hard worker, was a court officer.
Speaker 6: My mom's a good mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what about your friends? Like did you have did you when you said you made that adaptation right?
Speaker 15: Like, can I make a shout out real quick? Rush rush? Yeah, there's no there's no better fraternity, So just rush capisig shout out to my friends?
Speaker 1: Are those those? Are those are your homies when you're when you have your private island and you're having your big party, all the brothers from.
Speaker 6: Automatically no matter.
Speaker 1: Did you have ye friends from high school? Well you had to not ditch because you love them, but limit your time with them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there was something I had to straight up ditch.
Speaker 1: Is that hard?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: No? No, okay? Did you have was it like a was it a straight up ghost or did you have a conversation with them where you're like, listen, I'm on my grind. I don't got time for you anymore.
Speaker 15: So I always try to converse with them first, like I always be like, yo, you know, you're not living up to your full potential something along those lines. And if they're just like okay, or they just you know, keep doing what they're doing, sure, then no, you know that's it.
Speaker 1: What's your name again?
Speaker 6: Michael?
Speaker 1: Michael? All right? So you understand what this is now? Kind of just talking about stuff.
Speaker 6: Talking shit, stalking shit exactly.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being a part of this even though you don't know what it is.
Speaker 6: I don't have no idea. I heard there's a thing later tonight.
Speaker 1: There is a thing later tonight. I'm doing a show tonight at the Bell House. You're going, yeah, you're going, yes?
Speaker 6: Can I come?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It No, it's not free full.
Speaker 6: How much do I have to pay togain?
Speaker 1: It's thirty dollars.
Speaker 6: That's not that's not too bad.
Speaker 1: It's not too bad, right, Michael? Is there anything else you want to say? The people in the computer before you just kept sick. Thanks for talking to a get go man. Hope to see you tonight Bell House, seven thirty. Were you with Jade earlier? I was, yeah, that was a really cool interview. I loved her energy. Man, I'm glad that she's got a new Okay, did you know the guy I did?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, what's from your I want to talk about you, but just on the top line, what was your perspective on the.
Speaker 9: From my perspective?
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, he was a great guy, and it just came out of nowhere, like he he was like a big brother to me, you know, because it's only me and my sister. She's my only sibling, and he I just felt like he just completely tricked everyone.
Speaker 4: Really, it came out of.
Speaker 1: Nowhere really really, and it's.
Speaker 8: Sad, you know, because she's she has so much love to give and to see her kind of close up like that and distance herself, yeah.
Speaker 9: Because she deserves love. Everyone does.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I I mean I'm really happy for her because I could see, like just in her face when she was talking about how excited she is to like have been like it sounds like it was a roller coaster of like devastation but then like I got a new life to live and I'm excited about it and I'm staked for her. Well let's get into you. Okay, what is your name?
Speaker 9: My name is Isabella.
Speaker 1: Isabella. Very nice to meet you to What are you all about?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 9: So I need some advice?
Speaker 1: I'll try my best.
Speaker 9: So Okay. So I'm in a new relationship.
Speaker 8: Okay, We've been talking for a few months and we just made it official recently.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 8: And So I was really hurt years ago in a past relationship, and I feel like in a way I still have a guard up and I feel like.
Speaker 9: He's a great guy.
Speaker 8: He really is, but I feel like it's hard for me to give myself to him and to completely let him in.
Speaker 7: What do you think that is?
Speaker 9: I feel like I'm so scared to be hurt again.
Speaker 1: Were you you were hurt in the past?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can I kind of ask like a top line of what machining?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 15: Sure?
Speaker 10: Sure?
Speaker 1: Huh? What is there?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 1: Could you describe kind of like the aspect of yourself that you're afraid to show.
Speaker 8: I feel like I can't like fully express my feelings to him because he's a very affectionate guy.
Speaker 9: Okay, and it's hard for me to like reciprocate yu.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you and like this naturally like to your core? Are you an affectionate person as well, I.
Speaker 8: Used to be, but then in my past relationship, I like close that part of myself off.
Speaker 1: Okay. Now now, like okay, looking past that. I know you said you close that part of yourself off, but like you thinking about yourself and how you in this life want to connect with other people. What do you believe for yourself is the best way to do it?
Speaker 8: Just expressing yourself without I feel like I have too much.
Speaker 1: Pride, okay, okay.
Speaker 9: And I feel like I just need to look past that because I like.
Speaker 1: To me, you know, I know you had this past experience with this guy, and I know you're kind of like you know, your your your guard is up a little bit because of the things that happened in the past. But like throwing all of that away and just looking clearly at what you believe is the right way to approach this. Whatever you see is I think what you should follow if you, you know, can summon the courage too. I know it's hard.
Speaker 8: Yeah, just I feel like I just need to be myself and whatever happens happened.
Speaker 1: What's going on in the rest of your life? Man? You what are you studying.
Speaker 9: I'm studying criminal justice. I live in Florida. But I'm moving back to New York.
Speaker 8: I've been here like twelve times in the past, like six months.
Speaker 1: Do you like Do you like New York battle in Florida?
Speaker 8: So I grew up here in New York and I went to college in Florida for a year, and I'm ready to come home.
Speaker 1: What What do you like better about New York than Florida?
Speaker 9: I feel like Florida. It's just it's a party all the time.
Speaker 1: Okay are you not? Are you not a party person?
Speaker 8: I used to be, but I'm I feel burnt out from all the party Okay, Miami and everything.
Speaker 1: Does any ounce of you miss the partying?
Speaker 8: I do, But I feel like it's time to time to chill out a little bit.
Speaker 1: What what do you hope for the future? What kind of life do you want to live?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 9: Go to law school? Okay, hopefully fordam or n y.
Speaker 1: U amazing, amazing campus today, amazing.
Speaker 9: You know, just being happy it's the most important thing.
Speaker 1: So with law, like what's the underlying thing? Like the philosophy that you have, that that you makes you feel like it's an important thing for you to do.
Speaker 9: I just want to help people.
Speaker 8: I like that I like, I want, I want to just make sure everybody's you know, good, and.
Speaker 1: You know, you know, back to sort of this issue you were having with this relationship, Like, was there anything you learned from observing what was going on with your sister that like informed your take on what's going on with you?
Speaker 8: I think that kind of also made me rethink myself. Sure, and you know, put that guard back up a little bit more because of this guy she was with just completely you thought he was such a good guy.
Speaker 1: And then he's just yeah, sure, So now you got like two examples yeah, floating around.
Speaker 9: You know, this guy I'm with now, he's a great guy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and it's not right for me for me to do anything bad to him.
Speaker 9: You know, he doesn't deserve that.
Speaker 1: Dude. It's hard. I'm like, I'm no expert any of the ship, but it's like to me, i'd like to think, I'd like to think for me, I'm like with my relationships to other people, it's like if a person, if I put my us into a person and they fucked me over, it's okay. You know, I'm putting my trust into them knowing full well that that could happen, and if it does happen, that's okay. I signed those terms and conditions, so be it. You know, I'll move on. I got because I'm trying to act from like a foundation of like I got myself. I mean all the shit that your sister was saying of like I got myself. I got my own foundation. I know what's going on, and I'll sign the terms and conditions that are like, hey, listen, this could go wrong, this could fuck me over, but I'm going and knowing that, and if it happens, I'll move on. I'll live life. I got a well rounded thing going on and okay, yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's the most important thing.
Speaker 1: What is your name again?
Speaker 9: Isabella?
Speaker 1: Isabella? Thank you very much for talking to me. Tell you. I don't know if she is around, but tell her. I said thank you again.
Speaker 9: Could I give myself a shout out?
Speaker 1: Of course? Is there anything else you want to say to the computer before.
Speaker 9: We got Word of the day. It's a quote.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love to hear it.
Speaker 9: Okay, So I saw this on TikTok.
Speaker 8: It's like, don't wait because you'll never truly be ready for anything.
Speaker 1: This is true. This is very true. I feel like if you're waiting around, waiting to be ready. You never will be never. The future does not come. There is only now.
Speaker 9: That's very true.
Speaker 8: Okay, So my Instagram is Isabella q o k e og hh Isabella.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you very much for talking to a get Oh, thank you man, you coming to the show. Okay, I'll see you around in the universe, folks. This has been being a gecko in New York City. Thank you all for watching. This was an awesome episode. Oh my god, there's so many things. I gotta go back and and watch this one. This is one of the best ones of these that we've ever done, so many cool stories. I'm like, I'm every time I do this, I'm like, you know, because we normally do the phone calls, and I'm like, oh, I feel like because people are anonymous on the phone, that's gonna make them more willing to share stuff about their lives than if they're here in person. And every time I do this, I'm I'm amazed, I'm touched. I'm grateful that people will come here and they with their face to the world, share shit that's going on with them, and it's awesome. And I appreciate you guys for watching and I'll see you around the universe. Ghat bless you all.