Speaker 1: People when you make up the the new kickoff rules and whether you see uh uh a better opportunity for returners like you.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's kind of well, like, looking at it is kind of weird, but I feel like on on the side of we don't force the returning team, I feel like we have ah a real big advantage of like you make one got missed. I mean, it's it's just you and a kicker, and nine times out of ten the kickers not making tackles. So I'm pretty sure like people will try to turn like skill guys into kickers at some point if it continue to go just so, they'll have a last line of defensive tackling.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure.
Speaker 1: How much the change it like make you wanna do it more?
Speaker 2: I mean just looking at it, it's just like you know, I feel like at some point, like if it, if it don't got to this point, I feel like in a couple of years or so, it won't probably won't be a kick return or s uh anything along those lines. With I feel like it's gonna be a lot of touchdowns coming from not just us, but from other teams as well, cause I'm pretty sure other people got a lot of skilled guys.
Speaker 3: That's you know, really good in space as well.
Speaker 1: U did you see the finished product of the REI receiver? Uh?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: George Kittle was talking about He said he was pretty happy with the way he came out. What about you?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure, I kind of you know, we kind of seen it before everybody else got to see it for sure, cause we have to approve everything. But I think it came out wonderful, you know, shout of payment and all the guys that you know, included me and Kidling the other guys.
Speaker 3: In it, and I thought it was a great show.
Speaker 1: What was a why did you decide to do that? To let peoples just see more of what you're really like?
Speaker 2: It was kind of brought to me late my my marketing Manager's like, hey man, it's show call receivers coming out.
Speaker 3: You know, do you wanna do it? And you know, I was just like, yeah, why not?
Speaker 2: You know, kind of just see the ins and outs of you know what I'm saying, not just what we do on the field, but at practice. You didn't get a really good glimpse of stuff we do in here cause you're not supposed to.
Speaker 3: But uh, but.
Speaker 2: Just like practice, how we interact with the guys, how well how connected our team is. I just thought it was just a great opportunity just to show the world what kind of team we have.
Speaker 1: How come you don't have to wear the Guardian cat at right?
Speaker 3: Well I technically do, but I don't.
Speaker 2: I uh now, my special helmet to be here uh next week, so I actually really don't have to wear it then, so just waiting on it.
Speaker 3: So whenever it get here, I really don't have to wear it. But now I'm supposed to wear it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean it's the same helmet but different, like different kind of type, but the same face, mas, same everything. It's just a a different type of type of build on the inside of the helmet.
Speaker 1: You known, what's been a key for you to kind of maintain focus, you know this time of year when when you know the expectations for this team or to play deep in the January, February all that, when we're.
Speaker 2: Sitting here at July, I just leak me personally. I just take it day by day, you know, from offense to defense. You see like you see the same things you've been seeing.
Speaker 3: From year and the year out.
Speaker 2: Uh, Gods flying around, God's making plays, defense, playing at a high level, offense, playing at a high level, and just going against our guys every day. It's just gonna make us better. It's gonna make them better. And you know, it's just always that one goal that that we got. But we're gonna stay where our feet are, take it day by day and just get better day and day out.
Speaker 1: And you practice against this sch this cornerback group is this is this group? Uh maybe have more quarterback depth than.
Speaker 3: You've seen here for a while, Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: And like from top to bottom, like got a lot of good guys and it's gonna be you know, it's gonna be tough to see who make it and who don't make it, but you know, we just take it day by day. And you know, you see a lot of young guys who making plays and a lot of old guys just doing what we know they do and it's just gonna make us better.
Speaker 3: Good reps against Isaac Yadam? What's that battle being like with?
Speaker 1: What's your impression?
Speaker 2: He pretty nice, long guy, smart, you see things well, and he's pretty cool, got his break.
Speaker 1: People are the receivers a little different? What do you think of cowing? What do you think of Piersau so far?
Speaker 2: Pierce I was on a recovering from a hamstring, so he'll be back next week. But the things I was seen in l ot As when I was here, very fluent, very fast. Jacob you know's flying fast guy. Just watching his tape from college. He's still tough with decides that he have. And I think if you're in well with.
Speaker 1: Us, do you were back to the kick? The kick returns real quick. I mean in years past you would do it usually when there's high stakes and they really need it. I I get the sense you want to do this from go.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't mind doing it from the get go. You know, uh, you know what I'm saying. I'm a I'm a team first player. So if col was like, hey man, we don't want you to do it full time, we just use you whenever we really need it, and I'm fine with that.
Speaker 3: But if you wanna use me full time, and I'm off for that as well.
Speaker 1: You right, you changed vocally in terms of your role as a leader, especially so many young.
Speaker 3: Guys coming in. I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 2: I'm more of a like, lead by example type guy, go out here and work hard. So that's my way of leadership. I'm I've never been like a a row rode guy called a team up and like yell at somebody this, that and the third. But if somebody drop a ball or make a mistake, you know, I'm not gonna yell and we're gonna pull it to the side and we'll chop it up that way.
Speaker 3: Far as like not making the.
Speaker 1: Scene's more, you see more vocals guys coming.
Speaker 2: Up to nah, Yeah, that's just that's just part of the game. Like you know, Uh, you go out here and make a play, you gonna che your teammate on. If you make a bad play, you still gotta you gotta be the leader and chop him up and tell him what he did wrong.
Speaker 1: As a teammate and a as a friend. You know, how can you support Brandon right now?
Speaker 3: Kind of way he's going me personally?
Speaker 2: I know, I know what it feels like to go what he's going through right now, And the only thing I can do is just tell him keep his head up.
Speaker 3: Things is gonna work out.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just day by day, like it's a long process, like real long. It's frustrating. All I can do is tell him keep his head up, be where his feed are. Just continue to do the things that he do for his communication on his end and the end, and hopefully things just pay out. Huh, try to turn all the time. Alright, I don't know you call an accent.