Speaker 1: Before we hop into the episode, we have to talk about the strongest, most advanced, dependable, hardest working truck on the planet.
Speaker 2: The Chevy Silverado.
Speaker 1: Football season is in full swing and it's time to up your tailgating game. The available multiflex tailgate with six convenient configurations will always give you a step up on the competition. There's a primary tailgate which opens up with a push of a button on the key fobber from the inside of your truck. The inner gate folds down into a large step for easily getting in and out of the bed. How how great does that sound? You're killing it right now? Oh I am yeah. You gotta you gotta play along with me. Oh yeah, listen to this. There's an easy access configuration where the inner gate folds down, allowing you to reach farther into your bed. It can also become a desk or a surface for your tailgating meal, so you could even do a little stand up bed with the tailgate down. Set it up, get your bit. I don't know, it's a truck and a desk. Yes, I mean, who the thought just looks back?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I uh.
Speaker 1: The Chevy Soverrado is modern advance with a ton of grit, a partner in getting things done. And it is again the greatest truck on the planet. And just like you guys, reliable, hardworking, gritty the Blues.
Speaker 3: Dude, it really is.
Speaker 1: You saw me pull in, You saw that boy pull in. Uh, but go to a local dealership near you. Let them know that the boys sent you. Shout out the boys again at Chevy Silverado. Big oh, man, I almost did a sign off, big hugs, tiny kisses. I just forget. We're just doing an ad read. But let's get back to the episode. He said, Oh, welcome to Buzz with the Boys. Welcome Bust with the Boys. I am your host, Will Compton, my co host today Josh Wolf. Everybody welcome Josh Wolf baby second second time on the bush.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, what do you think? This is a step up? Man? Right, this is nice. And and that thing over there, that other trailer, the airstream that we have astream, we don't know what we're doing with it yet, but we'll get something going.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was still free to ask what's the address, because I couldn't wait to give you a new address.
Speaker 3: It was Yeah, and by the way, seven minutes from my house. Really easy Boa. Did I tell you I'm moving?
Speaker 2: No? Were you moving?
Speaker 3: So, my wife, the one thing that we love about here is everything. The one thing that we hate is the weather. Yo. My wife was like, nobody told us there's only two unred days of sunshine. That two hunter days of sunshine is a wheel. It sneaks up on you, it does. And so my wife is a she likes the desert. So we're moving to Vegas. Oh, you're going to Vegas. I was thinking you're gonna say Arizona or something. You're going to Vegas. Yeah, I'm not nine hundred years old. I don't want to move to Arizona. I mean to go to sleep there. Uh. You know, Vegas is still has a lot of the stuff that I like to do. You know, I can still work there. I can fly in and out of there. I love to gamble and I you know, are you good at gambling? What do you What do you like to gamble on? It completely depends. When I'm high, I like the slots, and when I'm sober, I like crabs. I like craps because I'm a I like the community of crabs. I like the screaming and energy. I love the energy. There's always that one asshole that bets with the house. That dude is the most unpopular. You know what, that dude, the dude who bets with the house, is the same dude who tells you tomatoes a fruit, Hey, tomatoes a fruit guy. Nobody likes you. Nobody likes tomatoes a fruit guy. And nobody likes the dude who bets with the house. You know. But I love craps. And when I was just telling you, when I take mushrooms, I like to play slots because I like the bells and the whistles and rub your nipples nipples when I'm on shrooms. And that's not a joke, by the way.
Speaker 1: I'm not just randomly saying rubbing your nipples. Apparently he says he likes to rub his nipples.
Speaker 3: I do. I do this a little bit when I'm on shrooms. But but uh, and so not only that dude, I'm an empty nester. My kids are old. Like the not the dream, but the idea for Beth and I, my wife is for the next five years, every year we're gonna live someplace different. I think Denver's next. Although she's not gonna like that weather. That's the one I'm picking and then we're gonna find a spot. But like, we've been in LA. We were in LA for twenty years, and I think it's kind of fun to just go live other places. Like what the fuck? Why not? You know what I mean? Like, Yeah, I'm not gonna I can do my job anywhere I can do my and so why not go see and do things that I haven't seen and done. We we're gonna we're gonna head to Vegas.
Speaker 2: So are you keeping a place here though?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Because I want to come back and do my show. Definitely gonna come back and do my show once a month. And I love all the people I've met here, dude, Like I've been more creative here. This year. Nashville brought me back to myself. LA took something from me and I didn't realize it. When I look back at who I was those last two years in LA, I'm embarrassed. Why is that? Because I turned into somebody that I couldn't believe I turned into. You know, I'm a really look I'm a confident, secure dude. I'm confident who I am. I know what I'm good at, I know what I'm not good at. I don't get bothered by what other people say about me, none of that shit. The last two years in LA, you're surrounded by people who you perceive as more successful than you, who have more than you in your own mind, right, and it's on your phone all the time. Nobody's posting their l's on Instagram, right, yeah, post the l you post the w's. So all you think about is why this person has this, and why this person has this. And I was always comparing myself to the last two years I spent in LA. I spent out of gratitude, not grateful for what I did. I've always, my whole life been thought of what I do have and what I can do. I've never been a guy who thought about what I can't do and what I don't have. Anytime I thought about people or listening to people talk that way, I'm like, why the fuck would you focus on that? Why are you focusing on what you don't have? Focus on what you do have, which is like a lot in perspective to other people everywhere, you know, and I'd just become a dude who was wrapped up in other people's business.
Speaker 1: Is that something you kind of knew in that last year like different or there, or was there like an aha moment?
Speaker 2: So it was when you moved here, came here.
Speaker 3: When I got here, I started to feel like myself again, is the best way I can put it. And then I look back at who I was, and I just felt embarrassed. I was embarrassed for some of the things that I had said out loud. I was embarrassed. It's like some why aren't I on this podcast? Why don't I get to hang out with this dude? Why aren't I getting booked here? And none of that fucking matters when I look at my life, Dude, I got a good life. I've done some shit. I continued to do some shit and post that weird shit. Yeah, man, I love it. I love it, And so what am I complaining about? And Nashville brought me back to Yeah, just have fun. You get one ride on this rock. I'm not gonna spend it worrying about how other people are living their lives. I'm gonna focus on what the fuck I do. And I like to have a good time. Du I like to wake up every day and be like, Yo, what how am I gonna? What am I gonna do today? That's gonna be fun. How am I gonna dominate this day? And it's changed back. I've been more creative this year here than in the last probably five years combined to l.
Speaker 1: Was there something about Nashville, something about the people, or maybe it was being around new scenery.
Speaker 3: That I wasn't surrounded by the business. It wasn't people talking about it all the time. I wasn't inundated with it. It's normal people. When I'm you know, when I talk to people during the day, they don't give a shit what I do or what We're just talking about normal things. It's not always talking about what did you hear about this person did this, or this person got this, or how you're gonna book this or I didn't book that. It's just living your life, you know, which is what I always saw my friends doing. I'm like, man, you guys look like you're having a good time out there. Yeah, you know, And that's what it is. And plus Nashville has normal people, normal people. These are normal people. This depends on where you are.
Speaker 1: This is like the date rape crew, like that Ahi falls falls out the back door. I'm not with this crew, man, But yeah, man, so I've really I'm so grateful for what I've got back here. But I've got back here, and uh looking forward to taking that wherever they go. But but like meeting guys like you, man like and doing things like this is a very cool podcast. This is very relaxed.
Speaker 3: When I was here the last time, and you guys, I've never met you before, and you guys were I was making fun of you guys for how you read the and I was like, these are just two normal dudes. These are just too normal. I never met these dudes, and they're okay with me laying into them a little bit, like, Oh, this is normal people who aren't caught up too much.
Speaker 2: You feel like there's not a lot of that in La.
Speaker 3: Everyone's caught up in it. It's impossible. Not even if you think you're normal, you're caught up in it. That's it. Why didn't I get a spot at the comedy store. He's not funnier than me. Help come they got that slot? Who gives a fuck? Go do your job, Go do your job. You can't worry about any of this stuff. And so I had been doing that, and now look, I'm doing my last show, that big show that we do on December fifteenth. Here it's kind of bananas. But this December fifteenth? Yeah, but I are you sold out? I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can use this, you can plug away, dude, just coming out on Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Bro, oh it is December fifteenth, is going to be You've been to one of those shows in Zanies? Yeah with oh jelly roll there. Yeah, you know that was the night you threw up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Waffle shit to bed.
Speaker 1: I threw up, Yeah yeah, waffle shit the bed bed, my bulldog ship the bed. Are you sure it was the bulldog dog? I listen, they're pulling some joke beers when I was telling the story. They're like, that's sad that you blames it on Waffle. Yeah, but I had passed out right, and uh, it already sounds bad. It sounds like I shipped the bed. But I woke up in my pass out. No, but so I wake up and my my English bulldog, Waffle sitting at the end of the bed and I kind of like wake up and I see this stream going down from her buttthold it because bulldogs their buttoles are like exposed and there's like this trail going down from a butt. I like, look up and it was smeared down. I look on the bed ship, on the bed ship all over the floor. She had diarrhea all over the floor. It was and I had. This was one of the worst hangovers I've ever had my life. Was with that night with you guys in Jelly Roll. Yeah you put them back bro that after that little after hours when we were just chilling at zanies and Jelly Roll just comes up with like these double shots at tequila.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we're putting.
Speaker 3: The bad one is thinking that you're gonna hang with jelly when he drinks. That's a mistake number one. Like, and I hadn't drank in five years until I met that dude. I have not had a drink in five years. And you know how he is come on, hey, Josh, come on, Bubba, Yeah, come on. And I'm like, he looks like he's having a good time. But then you're like, you just do one and his one shot is like a cocktail. It's like a full glass of come on yeah, And you're like, oh, well he's calling me, Bubba, I guess I gotta do it, you know. But like and then that guy that show is crazy. This upcoming show I'm being crazy. I don't want to tell you. I can tell you, I don't want There's one something I can just tell you. There's a dude who's coming who won't let me advertise him or put him on the market. That's all he can take.
Speaker 1: Can you say it to us? Now, we'll just bleep it out. Uh, oh the boy, They'll bleep it out. You guys will bleep it out. Yeah, this is for the Boys podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we're gonna write. He's one of the funniest people I know, and I know he's written a ton of funny songs just because he's a funny dude. So he gonna come down, plus some other you know, Phillip Sweet my buddy from Little Big Town will be down there, Brooke Eden, and plus Dusty Sleigh, John Christ Like. It is gonna be a banger and it's the last one. So we're gonna you know, I've been known every now and that to try to take my nuts out on stage and see if people see if people notice him. Do you have your hung brains? Before we used to play hang brains in college. You guys never hang brain, so we have no you never played hang brains. He said you guys hang brains before I'm thinking what was he talking about? So we you hang brains in college, man, we used to take our nuts back out and walk into a bar. This was definitely pre twenty twenty one, where you can probably go to jail for you know what I mean. One we're talking twenty twenty where what yo? So we take our nuts out and and the last person who got his nuts noticed got his drink spot for the whole night. And I will tell you some right now. You know who never noticed our nuts?
Speaker 2: Women?
Speaker 3: You know who always notice our nuts. There was always a guy who was like, hey, your nuts are out, bro, And I was like, yeah, man, I know your nuts are out. Though, I'm like, yeah, what why are you looking? You know? Yeah? Why are you? Why are you? Went on the Chicks man? Yeah, But so hang brains. I've always wanted to hang brains on stage and just see how long it takes everyone to be like, it's nuts, nuts are out. So we might do that. I mean, what are they gonna do? Kick me out? I'm I'm moving. Yeah, yeah, so you're you're moving. You're leaving asap, You're leaving soon. I'm leaving December seventeenth, so two days after the show. Yeah, yeah, listen. The only reason we're not leaving December sixteenth is because I'm assuming I'll be so fucked up on December fifteenth. After the show, We're gonna hang out in the bar. You should come, dude, o'h come, it's a Wednesday. It's a school.
Speaker 1: I feel like my reservation is coming from like feeling like we're building this raport in this little relationship we have going on right now, and you're leaving.
Speaker 2: You're leaving.
Speaker 3: I'll be back when. I'm gonna come back once a month to do the show, and I film things here all the time, like we've been. We've been filming like bananas here, so we'll be back. I filmed my special here like I filmed two specials over the past year in Nashville.
Speaker 2: Where'd you do it that?
Speaker 3: I did one at Zanies and I did one during COVID. I had to do it in a sound and a studio. Sound studio. This was so weird. Sound studio. Everyone in masks, everyone six feet apart, only twenty people. So I just saw their eyes doing this. It was weird. I couldn't tell if they were laughing. Or having convulsions, like it was so bananas I could hear anyone laugh. And I've watched the special and my agents like, why aren't you putting those clips out on YouTube? I'm like, it's telling jokes in silence. I mean, it's I'm into weird and I don't really but I can't even watch it. You know, It's it's a tough thing to ye. Silent jokes is like mm hmmm. Although I did eat shit for a good fifteen minutes the other night, I was trying these new jokes. I don't know what the equivalent in sports to eating shit is. I mean, I'm but it's like you are trying something that you think is going to be great, and it's not like you're Like, there was one joke I was ready to do and I was like, this joke's murder murder crickets. Huh crickets? What are you doing those modes? Immediately my buttthole wonders. I was like, oh no, I basically I you know, honestly what I do. I'm very present on stage. I asked him, I go, what didn't you like about that? Hey, we're gonna take a time. I'm just stopped the time and we're gonna stop this right now. What did you not like about that joke? I go, what didn't you like about that? And one guy goes everything and I was like, okay, well that. I was like, what this is such a I love fucking around on stage, dude. If you come to my live show, every show is different. We on Friday, we were in Huntsville and my buddy Philip from Little Big Town came down and he was playing with me on stage and I wrote six different versions to this one song, and I was like, well, we got a live audience here. I was like, I want you guys to be my focus group. I'm gonna play all six versions and you guys will tell me which one is the best. Like I like doing stuff like that, so I don't mind stopping the show and being like, why did you think that sucked?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh, they'll tell you too, when you ask them, they'll tell I did one story that I love. I go, who thought that was too long? I'm just curious, and like half the crowd was like, way too long? And I was like, I'm sorry. I asked that. I'm gonna tell it exactly the same next time. I thought you guys enjoyed it. But I yeah, man, I like doing all that. I like the fact that when you come see me, you know you're not gonna see that exact show ever. Again, that's my I get bored too easy, Dude. If I did the same hour every night, imagine in the same podcast every week. Yeah, I mean, it seems like it'd be boring. Yeah for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now some people, you're in front of a crowd, Like, we're not in front of a crowd, you know what I mean. Yeah, if I feel like, if if I was doing something like that, I wouldn't mind sticking to what I know.
Speaker 3: Oh hey, they laughed at that, all right, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Forty five minutes comes telling the same jokes ten years later. Man, it's on stage.
Speaker 3: Forty five minutes. Thirty five minutes, you're gonna see the same it's a twenty five I'm not doing a brand new hour, but it's at twenty five minutes. It's what keeps me engaged. It's what makes me have fun. And if I'm having fun, you're having fun. And if I'm bored, you're gonna be bored. That's just it, you know, So how do I keep it good for both of us, you know, bring people on stage with me. I brought this one woman on stage one one night, and her boyfriend broke up with her when she was on stage on the way onto the stage. So I do this bit where I play I Want It that Way by the Backstreet Boys, and then I'll bring three people on stage to do interpretive dance behind me while I do it. It's just weird and fun, and the best dancer wins their server one hundred bucks. I give the server right away one hundred dollars, and I'm like, great job, right. The guy goes, if you go up there, I'm breaking up with here. She came up on stage, dude dumped her from the crowd, dump her from the crowd. Then he get up and leave or yep, left her there? Would you tell her it's all good?
Speaker 2: Joe?
Speaker 3: I go, yeah, she was cute. So who wants to give this young lady ride home? And every dude who looked like that was like me, that's me. I would like to do that. Yeah. Is that a free Yeah, I'll take that one. I've had yo, and weird things happened to my show a couple of weeks ago in Dallas. I had a dude show up and a kilt in the front row, and I was like, why are you wearing a kilt?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: And he goes, I wrestle in East Texas. I do like he had red hair and a red beard, and I go oh and he goes, you know, I do the whole irish thing like, well that's fun. I go, did you wrestle today? And he goes, nah, why are you wearing the kilt? And he started to shake his hips like this, what are you doing? He goes things get sticky in Dallas. I just like to keep him loose. And I was like, oh, what the fuck? And I go he does in the front row. I go, but are you wearing underwear? And he said, I'll tell you what I tell everybody else. You gotta lift it up to find out. And I said, I want to tell you something. You're challenging the wrong guy. I would, Are you telling me you're gonna let me lift up your kilt? And he said yeah. And I go and there's gonna might be human dick under there, and he said that's right, Like I'm in.
Speaker 1: So he leaned, hang on, hang on, there might be human dick in there. Yeah, I'm fucking in yeah, because that's gonna make it weird. I'm on board for making everyone uncomfortable that I like that, right.
Speaker 3: So he leans back and he spreads his legs wide and he goes just like this, he goes get in there, and I was like, well, that's aggressive, bro, but he into it. Yeah, he was trying to Yeah, man, let's go. He was trying to make me uncomfortable, which I can't have. So I tried to make him on him uncomfortable. When he set back and spread his legs, I dropped right to my knees. Then he then he leaned back and he goes, do you have to do that from your knees? And I was like yeah, So I reached down and I grabbed the kilt and on the outside, cool as cucumber. But you know, when you're so nervous, dude, it's like your it's like your butthole's gasping for breath. You know, when your butthole's like, get us, get us out of here, come on now, buttles, like come on, it's like it's eating your underwe yeah, pulling everything in and so so I lifted up. But I didn't know this about it killed two sides, that killed one side is just more killed. And I go, I was just killed, and he goes, yeah, I hide the treasure on the other side. I was like, this fucking shit. And then I d I lifted up the kilt. Human dick. Yeah, human dick. Human dick. And it was a red headed situation. I'd never seen one of those before. It was a lot brighter than I expected it to be. And this dude was all potatoes, no meat, you know what I mean, Like he his dick looked like it fell asleep on his nuts. Just his dick looked like I was blowing a bubble, you know, just decent confidence.
Speaker 1: Thought.
Speaker 3: Know when you have that, you're working with that, and it's like, hey, do what you gotta do. I love the confidence, and you know what it was. And some people were like that was terrible, right, I'm like, are you kidding? It was the opening of the show.
Speaker 2: Kidding.
Speaker 3: I hadn't told a joke that was great. Fifteen minutes in and I'm like, we've the room's blown up. We've seen human dick. I've never seen a redheaded situation and I've never seen I truly looked like his dick was blowing a bubble. I had never seen. I had never seen a situation like that. Like the nuts were tight and large, and the dick was just like it was like just it looked like it was just winking at you. Yeah, just like a tiny little like a belly button, like a double belly button, dude. But it was amazing.
Speaker 2: Yo, We're back to busting with the boys the old days.
Speaker 3: Man. But yeah, I I I like stuff like that. It's weird. It's weird. You like weird shit like weird? Yeah, I don't need to see Dick at every show. Just everybody, everybody who's listening, Well, guess I'll come to it show. I don't need to see that. That was a one time thing everyone, you know what I mean. I don't was it it? I mean yeah, right right right yeah. By the way, you get an invitation to a party in my house, must wear killed what? Oh?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 3: I like it, man, I like to keep things a little weird, you know. Yeah, So come to the show on the fifteenth.
Speaker 2: So how is your Thanksgiving?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: If you like weird shit, how was Thanksgiving?
Speaker 3: Thanksgiving was good? You know my son you met my son? Yeah, he was here.
Speaker 2: He was there, my.
Speaker 3: Daughter was in town. You know, I had a little I've been having this entirely little health thing that I've been trying to figure out.
Speaker 1: I oh, yeah, talk about that. So he, Josh came in with these, you know, his style of sunglasses.
Speaker 2: I guess you.
Speaker 3: Tell me these glasses don't match. These They definitely matched. And you're a weird cat. So it all makes sense. It's all checks right, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was like a creature from Men and Black with those glasses on.
Speaker 3: But I maybe about ten days ago, twelve days ago, I started to feel a little thumping in my kidneys, my right kidney, and I was like, eh, but sometimes the road when I'm on the and I've been on the road a bunch, trying to work this new hour because I just did my hour, and so on the road, I just don't eat that healthy. And I felt some thumping, and I was like, maybe I'm dehydrated and drinking too much car but I just started I was sweating from everywhere, just for no reason. And I was like, that's not healthy, you know. And so I got back home and I had a bite to eat, and my eyes swelled up. My feet swelled up and I'll just get really just tired. My eyes also under here it felt like I had been burnt, Like it was to the touch like hurt. And so I was like, what is going on in big black? Not just normal? Almost like I looked like a WWE wrestler, like I had makeup on and swollen and I was like, this is bananas And it basically was with any kind of meat, salt, sugar. I basically was down to raw potato, vegetables. And uh, one of the doctors and your blood tests, WHI should come back tomorrow. But you know the worst thing you can do is Google. Oh my Google. They might as well just come up and say you're about to die. Yeah, but you don't have long, no everything. I'm not a dude who needed to lose weight, right, and I think I probably lost, depending on what time of the day, six to eight pounds over the week. Fuck man, But you, I mean, you've only known me since I've been here. I was a dude probably stopped pre like at quarantine, But up until quarantine, I was a dude who walked around one eighty nine to ten percent body fat all the time I've been When I was younger, not jacked like two hundred, but I've been jet like my dad's eighty five. Man, This dude shoots below his age and golf. He looks the same, like I got good jeans. This is the first time I've ever felt and looked like this before. So it's really bananas. But not being able to eat is especially high at Thanksgiving. That was a real bummer. Knows he has an issue, gets high and goes into Thanksgiving. Yeah, listen, I'm no quitter. I'm not gonna let a little kidney problem take away my good time. But but my, it's the same.
Speaker 2: Thing with the same stuff currently happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's going down.
Speaker 2: So you already meat, salt, sugar right now, Like no, Dad.
Speaker 3: If you if I ate a piece of meat right now, it would just it's almost immediate. It's almost immediate, like I can feel it, like I can I'm aware of my kidney at all times. It's like a dull. And so the dude gets me my he'll get me my results tomorrow and we'll see. I mean, I've done too much googling on it, so there's a myriad of things that it could be.
Speaker 2: So you're nervous no, you know what?
Speaker 3: And I actually googled it just so I was like, it's almost just for information. But I don't get nervous because there's nothing I can do about it. Do you know what I mean? If I worry about it, I don't think it's gonna make it any better. I'm not a doctor, so I can't fix it. I can just wait until I get the results and go from there, but I'm not gonna spend I can either worry about it and not know until tomorrow, or not worry about it and not know it until tomorrow. And one sounds way better than the other. But I for sure I don't need to I don't need to get down to high school. Wait, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: What do you wait?
Speaker 3: Right now? I'm probably one fifty eight. What's the last time you were one fifty eight? I don't know, man, I would say eighth grade.
Speaker 2: No, I was one seventy five.
Speaker 1: You were one way no, no, no, no, I was I was one eighty As a freshman. I would say I was probably one sixty one sixty five as an eighth grader. So seventh eighth grade middle school was when I was one fifty five.
Speaker 3: That doesn't make me feel great. But yeah, I don't think i'll ever get back. I don't ever want to work out the way I used to work out, so I'll never get back to one eighty and doing that body weight shit. But I'd love to live around one seventy. And you know, yeah, like I look like a sick kid when I put a I put a when I put this hat on too big, like, and when I don't make it tight and it hangs down around my ears, it's like it's a tough look, you know what I mean. Yeah, when I did it this morning as a joke and my wife got down on one NAMEE was like, come here, a little buddy, come on, let me give you a hug. And I was like, that's not funny. I like that, come on, little buddy up. Yeah dude, it's not great swaddles. Yeah, yeah, I don't like that. Hooters is your go to spot for killer wings and ice cold beer. By the way, you know what goes great with killer wings ice cold beer? What goes great with both of those things? Hooters. But football season needs all the big games on all the big screens, and it's the only place that has world famous Hooters girls. They love football just as much as you, and they're better looking than your friends, which is true.
Speaker 2: Do you know.
Speaker 3: My dad try He was like, you know what we should do. I've never been to Hooters, and I was like, come on, man. He tried to make it seem like I've heard of that place, but I've never been. And I was like his wife, my mom was there. I was like, we're kind to go with my come on dude, but we went. Uh. He was like, I like those wings. I feel like it's always the.
Speaker 1: Go to, like to act a little like ignorant about it, like, yeah, you know, I've seen it, seems fun.
Speaker 2: We can go there.
Speaker 3: You've heard. I've just seen that they have good wings.
Speaker 2: And when you're young, when you're a kid, that you're like so stoked to go.
Speaker 3: Come on when you're fourteen and you go to Hooters and you like, you don't go to the bathroom the whole time because you're scared to stand up. Hooters has game day specials to keep you hydrated and filled up on your Hooters favorites all season long. If you can't make it to Hooters for the game, you can still get your Hooters fixed at home. That's true. Say ten dollars with code barstool, that's bar sto l when you order online. And let me tell you something right now, the in game in person Hooters experience is awesome. There's nothing like it. However, the delivery with the wings phenomenal. I'm not gonna lie to you. I've had some Hooters at my house. I'm a big fan of those wings. But if you're using Ranch, you're doing it wrong.
Speaker 2: Blue cheese.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna end the ad. We'll get into some other stuff. But wait, that's fighty Yeah that's a hot take.
Speaker 3: Dude. Wait people, who's dipping Ranch?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 2: Ranch? Bro?
Speaker 3: Who's the blue cheese? Thank you? Oh yeah? Are you psyched to when's when's the baby come out?
Speaker 2: March twenty seventh?
Speaker 3: Now have people given you advice and all that stuff?
Speaker 1: Maybe there's been a couple, but the majority of people do are like, Hey, you're gonna get a lot of unsolicited advice, and you know, no one really knows like it.
Speaker 2: You're gonna love it. You're gonna learn as you go.
Speaker 1: And obviously if you have questions, every friends always like, you know, I'm here to help if you ever have a question. But people are gonna try and tell you you stuff and like, no one's gonna fucking know.
Speaker 3: And baby books are the biggest piece of shit. They just make you feel bad because you're like, wait, a kid, my kids too, and he's not doing this yet, So you think your kid's dumb or some shit, ill.
Speaker 1: For sure, be like I'll be that guy for sure if they're not doing something by the h two and I think they should be somebody, you know.
Speaker 2: So like, hey, we got a problem.
Speaker 3: There was a there was we were in Jacob's preschool, my youngest son, and by the way, they hated me at that preschool. It was a you know, we're Jewish, but we're not. We're Jewish, but we used to call it was a temple, and so I used to call it the jew school and they were they hated it when I called it the jew school. And I was like, hey, everybody, we're having a good day at jew School. And anyone's like, don't call it the Jew school. I'm like, what this is where we are? You know? But there was a kid in Jacob's class who was around two and a half three and he just wasn't that verbal, but physically he was a dominant and that you know, people develop a different age. The mom was so harped on it. She was like, what do you think. I'm like, you know, if he's fourteen and doesn't speak the English, I would call somebody. Right, he's two and a half. He still sticks his finger in his asshole, you know what I mean? Like he give him a fucking break, you know what I mean? Like, what are we talking about? Yeah, he's two and a half. I get so wrapped up. Yeah, don't get wrapped up in that stuff. And not only that, when people if you think to yourself, I'm not ready or I'm not sure if I'm ready, nobody's ever ready. Right when people ask me, do you think I'm ready to have a kid, it's like asking me and you think I'm ready to go to prison. I don't know. I've never been there before. You've never been there either, Like that's the same thing. It's an experience you can't describe to other people. So like, but I would get all the fun stuff you want to do out before March. Yeah, I feel like you know, I feel like I do. I'm more of a homebody, so it's not like.
Speaker 1: You know, everybody's always like, oh, well, you know, you're like, so I was gonna change a whole lot, and people talk about like stuff with busting or you get to do.
Speaker 3: All these things, and I don't know, man, I guess I'll guess I'll find out when that happens. You will. This is the craziest thing. If I told you three years ago there's gonna be a human being who probably is gonna shit on your fingers and pee in your mouth. That's not what I'm not stoked about. That's not gonna happen. But there's something cute about it.
Speaker 1: Like the first you're different though, Bro, you're the first thing I think we've identified you like some weird shit.
Speaker 3: The first time Jacob pete in my face. It was so funny because you take off as diaper and then the pe just comes straight at your face. I was just like, I'm so glad my mouth was closed, you know what I mean. I mean, I've paid for that before. But yeah, the thing, you know, the thing is, it's like the thing is that like you just you're You're like, that's so funny that that human just pete on my face. But it is. It's just something that you for whatever reason. Now it's cute. Yeah, yeah you're not really You're like, yeah, I'm not sure I buy that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my buddy, uh, one of my boys sent me a photo and he had like shit on his arm.
Speaker 3: He's like, oh, you got this to look forward to, and.
Speaker 2: It's we'll find out. Man, I'm buckled in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what what can? What are you looking forward to the most? Do you know? M did you say if it was a boy or girl?
Speaker 2: Girl? Baby girl? Dude?
Speaker 3: What I'm looking forward to the most? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I you know, since obviously I'm not a father yet, Like, I don't know what there is to look forward to outside of the stuff that people already know about, like their first steps or when they get old enough to have start having a little bit of a personality, like in between one and two, all that kind of stuff. But I'm not sure those first couple of months. I'm not gonna lie to you. That's what everybody said, boring. You're like keeping the kid alive. Yeah, people like it's the miracle of life. I'm like, well, the miracle of life is boring, and shit, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: This is all he's good, This is it is the whole game plan, right that first day you walk in and they recognize you and smile.
Speaker 2: Yeah. H Taylor says, I'm in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am one hundred percent in. Like, but I've been keeping them alive. Is that's basically what you're doing right for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Right, And a lot of people talk about the experience when you're first holding them. So I'm looking forward to that, but I'm trying not to hype it up too much because then, you know, then it gets that and I'm like, well, this is this it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Right?
Speaker 3: You know what was weird for me the first time? So I was getting Jacob out of his car seat and he had poop around his neck and under his ears, and I was like, this is when I was like, do I not know where your butthole is?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: How? How? Yeah? I broke him already. So I don't know if this didn't happen with my daughter, but from what I understand, it does happen with boys when they're sitting the poop is so explosive it goes up their back. So he shot up and I was like, oh no, I don't know what I'm doing. I called my mom. I'm like, he's shit on his neck. Yeah. She was like, Yeah, sometimes they're sitting there, it's coming out so hard in their butttholes. It shoots it straight up, shoots it straight up. By the way, I got to tell you something I've always wanted to ship up. I'm like, that is a great skill to have, Like you know what I mean. And here this dude's nailing it two months in, nailing it two months in. Man. But I will say this is my best piece of advice for you. Don't sweat the small shit. Don't sweat the small shit, especially when they get older. You can't correct them every time they do something wrong, because that's all they do is something wrong. Pick your battles. You don't want to be the person who's always saying that they're doing something wrong. Don't do that, man, enjoy it. Pick your battles, what you want to fight for. And then remember that they they watch you. They're not listening your dad. Ever give you those long speeches where they're sitting and lecturing you. Yeah, do you remember one of them? No, not really, but do you remember watching him do things? Do you remember seeing him? That's the thing. There's sponges, So don't think they're picking up what you say to them when you're teaching them lessons. They're watching it. So if you're an asshole to your wife and they're watching it, that's what they're picking up, not you saying you gotta be respectful because they're like I just watched that. Remember that, they're watching all the time, even at a very young age. Besides that, good luck, I appreciate that. Man, Good luck, and don't give up on the edibles. You're gonna need him. Yeah, people like you gotta stop doing drugs. No anymore? No, yeah, need more now more than ever you that's a bad game plan on your Yeah, well I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am excited.
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna it's it's gonna be dope, and it's you know, having a baby girl be will be interesting.
Speaker 3: Do you know, do you how many do you want to have? Do you know?
Speaker 2: We want to have three?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You want to be out numbered? Yeah, I didn't think of it like that, but yeah, essentially brother, you brother and sisters two brothers older, younger, both younger. So you were the asshole. I'm the big dog. You did the ship to them. What's the worst thing? But what's the worst. The middle one was the asshole. What's the worst thing you did? Yeah, but I'm the youngest of four boys. Yo. They just me tell you something. They used to put me in those fold up couches and put me back in and put it back. Oh yeah, I learned how to breathe like a prisoner, real like, real young Like. You could put me in a trunk right now, I'd be comfortable. My oldest brother, he liked, he was the worst. He He used to like to scare me, right because I jazz handed when I scare, and I make this noise a right, and that's their fault because they pete gave me so. But he after a while that noise wasn't enough, so he would punch me in the chest after it scared me. So it sounded like this, and he loved that. He was like, you sound like a donkey. Oh so I know you did some ship to your younger brother.
Speaker 1: Probably the worst thing I did, maybe it's not the worst, but the worst thing I can think of right now is it was fourth of July and I was kind of riffing off the You know how you hold your ear up to a sell seashell and you can hear the ocean.
Speaker 3: I was telling Cody, we had this, Uh, what were they? What are they called? The little the kids basketball goals?
Speaker 2: What brand are those? It's called No, not the little tyke.
Speaker 1: It was like a little tyke where we had the yellow, the white backboard, the red rim, the yellow like shaft. And so I had the yellow two shafts. I like the shaft, the yellow shaft, I mean by itself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you took the goal apart needs to be described with shaft.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't know why that's my word today. Shaft is the word today. But I I, uh, I take that apart and I just have the the the yellow shaft. I just have the shaft now, telling them, hey, you put your ear up to this, you can hear. I forget what I told him. I'm like, oh you can hear stuff. And I had lit like an ninety like fireworks. He put his ears up to that and I closed it in and it went off, and you know, he cries and runs inside and get my ass.
Speaker 2: Whoop, dude.
Speaker 3: But I love how you're like, I don't know if this is bad. This might be I don't know anymore. Yeah, yeah, I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Some stuff could have been worse.
Speaker 1: Like Wyatt, the youngest white, was six years younger than us, and Cody and I were like eighteen months apart, so we're like a year apart, and he was so six.
Speaker 3: It's too young for you to beat up too much. Well maybe not.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm done off right now because I hear these motherfuckers laughing talking about, oh, eighteen months, it's like a year.
Speaker 2: Grades.
Speaker 3: We were a year apart in grades. Anything much is like a year.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's appreciate that, but I need that. I need that win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but uh, Wyatt would come in with like a Sydney cup and stuff, and Cody and I would just essentially bully him out all the time. He blames us for the reason he quit skateboarding because he wanted to like skateboard, and we like made fun of him for being a skateboarder.
Speaker 3: And reading and reading, Bro, I know, brutal. Wait wait a second, you you tease them out of reading?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're like, you know why you're reading, nerds, man? I know, I'm me telling the story. I feel so bad, bro, because we literally did that.
Speaker 3: What's his name, Wyatt? Why? It's like I never learned to read because of you guys. I'm telling you ma why. It brings it up all the time.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Will, Will and Cody bullied me out of reading and skateboarding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one probably worse.
Speaker 1: Than the other, Yeah, for sure. And me saying it out loud right now, I'm like, man, I was an asshole. Like that's such an asshole move. That's a terrible older brother move. Man brother stuff. Man, you know my older brother. Because I can't read, I'm just yeah, yeah, you're like you were you reading?
Speaker 3: Nerd?
Speaker 2: Push him down?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Did you ever do the ABC's? Were like, do the abc No?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, you know the ABC's.
Speaker 3: Man, did you ever do the ABC's, Like or you would hit so you would sit on his chest and just pin his arms down and you would punch.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you would punch him in the chest and so right in the stern them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So my brother would do ABC's of fruit and I'm like, there's no fruit that starts with see. He was like, I guess you're fucked. I'm like, oh, I guess that's not how this is supposed to work. But he would do ABC's and animals and if you and if you pause for too long, he'd start over this dude. He was relentless. But I saw one night I had a friend over. This friend. My buddy's name is Gary Miles, and Gary is my buddy man, but not the biggest dude. And so my oldest brother was babysitting, and I guess he was probably fifteen, and my brother above me was probably twelve. Gary and I are rubbly ten. And so my oldest brother, you may just babysitting. He was torturing the brother about me, just hitting out man, just just completely fucking with them. And so my brother snapped and he runs in the kitchen. He brings back a knife, Jesus man, big old knife, and he goes, you do you touched me? Fucking touch me again, I'll stab you. Touch me again, I'll stab you. And I'm sitting there like this, Gary sitting there like this, and my oldest brother grabbed Gary and put him right in front of him. He goes, fucking stab me. I don't care, go ahead, stab me. And Gary's like, what, don't stab me? Don't stab me? And he was like, I dare you to stab I dare you to stab Gary? And my brother's like, oh, fucking stableman, I'm like, what is going on? Everyone's just yelling. You know. Gary Miles never came back to my house. He was like, at come out on your house. It was three older brothers. It got you know, three boys in the house. Oh yeah, bananas, Yes there. Shit happens like that where you look back and you're like, what were we dude? Exactly, And we were like a wrestling family all the sports. Cody was a wrestler, so we're like, it's funny.
Speaker 1: We would like make brackets and we would have wrestling tournaments and Cody and I would be on one side of the bracket and Wyatt essentially had to be the opponent for us all the way until Coddy and I got to the championship.
Speaker 3: So we would just fucked.
Speaker 1: It would just be tossing Wie, like sixty four man bracket, that's.
Speaker 3: Oh bro, I'm like twelve, so white it's six. Oh my god. We used to play a game in our basement in the basement's concrete obviously called slow mo football, where you moved and never happens that way. Well, my brother always went fast mo when he wanted to get you to the ground, like if you were like trying to struggle and he just go and you're like, oh, that's fat. Looking back at it makes me laugh that we were screaming, that's fast, mo, that's fast. We would also turn out the lights in the and he grabbed two darts and we you'd go, ready, go, and you could just hear and it was with land in something. He'd be like, I heard that one that was so close to me. Somebody got hit one time, my brother got hit. Oh my oldest brother, which was a bad Oh you heard him. You heard a thunk and nothing. You just heard turn on the fucking light. And we were all like, oh no, we turned on the light and there's big bro dart to the chest. Yeah, and now here's the good news. Just in case somebody got hit. Everybody had different colored darts, so he knew who hit him. And I was just like, oh, I'm so glad that's not my color. I was like, this is this is a win for me because my oldest brother get hits with a dart and then I get to see one of my other older brothers get the ship beat.
Speaker 1: Out of him because he just hit one with a dart. It was it was a definitely, it's like the worst the older brother. He wants to play the game, but he's gonna beat your ass if he gets cut.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, nobody wanted to hit yea brother, but he wanted to play because he he threw it the hardest. When he threw it, you could hear it. Broyeh it was and my my dad had put up wood in the basement, so there was wood on the walls. You could just hear that. Yeah, dude, he would stand up because I was probably eight at the time when we were playing this, so he was fourteen. Nobody else had gone through puberty yet, so he was humming missiles and you could just hear him. We all thought I was always hide mine on the couch like, oh my god, like I'm too young. I'm like, this is gonna go through me. Yeah. Yeah, they're gonna they're gonna throw it. It's gonna go through my body.
Speaker 2: Like just wondering, why.
Speaker 3: Do I have to play this game? Yeah, well there's a bunch of games. I was like, why do I have to play? And they were like, come on, you're plane. I'm like, this sounds real bad for me. Yeah, this sounds real.
Speaker 1: Bad for me, dude. A fourth of July. We would have like we would we would just pour gas out lighting on fire and then you just throw you would undo all the sparklers, wait bottle where though, pour the gas where like out in like the gravel, like out in like a gravel street or something like that, like the driveway out behind that, you know, the alley's full of gravel. We'd pour gasoline all over. We'd take apart all the sparklers and like roaming candles and stuff like that, and you would just throw all the fireworks in there and you'd run and like have a shield and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, essentially, yeah, we did that. That's what trash candleids we used were fun during snowball fights because you live you grew up in Nebraska, grew.
Speaker 1: Up in Missouri, but I went to nebrask too, So yeah we had so yes, yeah, snowball fights for me.
Speaker 3: And did you ever hide and throw the cars? Oh yeah? Did you have a car car chase? You No? Never had that? You Oh yeah, dude, when that car puts the break light on and you're twelve, you're like, oh yeah, oh yeah, you were a little too old probably to be. Yeah. Yeah, snowstorm last year all of you. There's a lot of us. Where'd you grow here? They were throwing eggs though not snowballs. Well we did that too. This isn't about me. This is about that you were throwing eggs though. Bro Hey, if an egg hits my car, I think I'm madder. Then if snow hits my car.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, snow, it's snow.
Speaker 3: I've been hit with an egg. I cant hit with an egg and an out there show people were throwing eggs at the performers. No like and again eggs, I'm not if it if it had happened a bunch, I'd have been mad. But the fact that I have a story that I can hit with an egg stage, yeah, I don't care. Like anything that happens one time, like the kilt, that's cool once you know. I've had people throw up at my shows and try to stay at my shows, So throw up in a in margarita glasses.
Speaker 2: This is yo.
Speaker 3: I a swoman in the front row. I've had this dude fingerbanging his girl in the front row like this will okay?
Speaker 1: He yeah, yeah, what kind of show is he running? So people know that weird is okay. But this was pre the talk of weird. I was in Cleveland and this guy was from IF the stages back where those dudes are the back of the bus. His table's here, there's one table in front of him. It's spaced out a little bit, and he and his girl are sitting here round table, other couple behind.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry about that. And so he's not hiding the diddle like it's not like. He looked like a DJ scratching a record. Like that's how far away he was. And I was just like, and he was staring at me when he was doing it, which is some prison shit. I'm like, I don't need you staring at me while you laughing at your jokes too. He was not, which is why he ended up getting kicked out. I told him, I god, I said, I don't care if you finger your girlfriend, but you got to enjoy the show. H No, he did. He got kicked out because he ended up talking at the table. And I told him on the way out, I go, listen, man, I didn't bother you when you were fingering your girlfriend, but you can't talk at the table because that's too far. And everyone was like, and when he got that line, well, because the finger in the your girlfriend of the show is a victimless crime. Do you know what I mean? You're not bothering anybody? Well, you were bothering the other people at the table. The woman the other the woman who sat at the table was like, this was the grossest thing I've ever sat next to the guy who was sitting next to her. Girls, I can't believe I didn't have to pay more for this ticket. But but uh yeah, that I like. I don't want people doing it every show. I don't want to dick at every show. I like something a little different. I'm I'm on board for it. Okay, what are you bringing on December fifteenth?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man. It says like I gotta come Corregg. Just be surrounded. What's everybody anning up in here?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, shout out the boys that Revital Light. You've heard me talk about Revital Light a lot by now, and you know that it is the adult version of a certain drink you find in.
Speaker 2: The baby aisle at CVS.
Speaker 1: They took away the embarrassment we meet at the register by putting their brand in places where you can buy beer, wine, and liquor across the nation. To make your weekend shopping even easier, and you can even get it on the Barstool Store. The boys that revital Light are taking things to the next level and teamed up with us to create the ultimate way to save yourself a rough morning after. Revitalate Black Label made specifically with stoolies in mind for maximum recovery and the perfect compliment for when your life gets a little rough and rowdy. Don't pay for Saturday nights on Sunday morning. Revitalate Black Label pairs perfectly with nightcaps and midnight snacks. Your nightstand will feel naked without Revitalate, so stock up boys pro tip, drink half at night and the other half in the morning for optimal results and you won't have that rough morning after. Pick up your Revitalit black Label today and stores are online at barstools Store and tweet us or tag at drink Revitalate in your morning after stories.
Speaker 3: Were you in Nebraska when Cable Guy did that giant show at the stadium on July fourth? It was July fourth.
Speaker 1: I was probably there, but I never saw I haven't gotten this guten to see what's his What's Larry's actual name?
Speaker 3: Dan? Dan?
Speaker 1: I haven't gotten to see Dan live. You haven't, No, man, I've messaged with him trying to get him on.
Speaker 2: The pod.
Speaker 1: If he's talking about coming on, if he comes to Nashville. He's a really good dude. Yeah, I would love to have Mone. He's a huge Husker fan. The biggest oh yeah, our player are like player entertainment room was it was by him.
Speaker 2: Poning up some cash for the boys.
Speaker 3: His box is like crazy, I've been to see I'd never been to a game. I think I told you this with the balloons. I was not expecting that. And because you went.
Speaker 7: And saw Sue or you saw Sue being at the game, that was that down on the sideline And I told you watching that due around was like I'd never seen a human pick up other humans. Yeah, with one hand, like got double team and he would just kind of pick everybody.
Speaker 2: Up road Sue. Sue.
Speaker 1: One time we were at a Saturday scrimmage. We had this offensive guard, Ricky Henry, badass dude, Like you didn't you didn't really mess with Ricky. He was a wrestler in high school, like just an old fashioned, like you know, country strong type of dude. And he must have held Sue or something. But we're running on a Saturday scrimmage and our coaches, we're talking Coach Polini his staff and they're real like, you know, holding up rules and holding everybody accountable and you know, yelling and all that stuff. Sue man Ricky held Sue or something, and Sue hits this man in the back of the head. As he turns around and starts going back to the huddle. Fop drops him right there. Memorial on a Saturday, and everyone stops and it's quiet. Ricky's like down, knocked out, and uh, they move the ball up, you know, hey, move it up ten yards to go onto the next play. Ricky ends up getting up. Nobody says a word to Sue. Bro, what are you gonna say to him?
Speaker 3: What what's it like to me?
Speaker 1: I know, well, bro, this dude was faced down like a like a family guy moment or something where he's just laying on a stomach, you know what I mean, smokes him in the back of the head.
Speaker 3: What what is it like to play? Because I like, I remember watching Dion Sanders and guys like that where you're like, so you're with the best athletes and you're also clearly the best athlete amongst does is that something that you all are aware of, You're like, that dude's just another level even oh yeah, yeah, like even in the pros right where you're like, we're the best of the best, we are the one percent of the one percent, and that dude is still like is Derrick Henry seems like that type of dude? Also?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean in person, that dude is a monster. I mean, like some people look bigger on TV than they do in person. Derek is like, Oh, that's an NFL player. I remember the first time I saw Calvin Johnson, I was like, Oh, that's a that's an NFL player Megatron for Yeah, the first Cam Newton pre game when we were in Carolina he was out warming up, It's like, oh, that's a fucking NFL player.
Speaker 3: I felt that way honestly, standing next to ground Early.
Speaker 2: He's a big dude, but he.
Speaker 3: I was looking at him, I'm like, this looks like this dude looks like he'd be about this big without the weights, right, Like one of those dudes was just massive. Yeah, he was that. We were doing a Playboy golf tournament. How was that weird? This was this was there was a no cell phone rule, so you weren't allowed to bring your cell phone.
Speaker 2: On the course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. It was an interesting eighteen I'll tell you that. But it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There was one. There was this one woman. She would put a tea in her butthole and let you hit off of her butthole. Hit the you know, tee off off the butthole. And by the way, I've done that before. It's nerve wracking. You've been the one laying down yeah, yeah, yeah, absolute the tea in the asshole.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. With one of those long drive guys. Yeah. At the Ortiz golf tournament. This dude, it hit a ball three hundred and eighty yards out of my asshole. It's kind of crazy. He's just laying down there laughing like that.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: It made me laugh. He was like, you turn over. I mean, like, we're not doing out of the dick, but we'll do it out of the asshole. Yeah. And by the way, not in the butthole. Just clinched in there, like I'm not putting the golf tea in my butthole. You gotta put it in that again, any we got to put it in there a little bit. You know what I mean. I mean, just you know, to rest it right, you got you're clinching it too. Between my cheeks is not in the hole. It's between the cheeks. Okay, so it's not breaking seal. It's not breaking the seal. No, okay, that's all the picture. No, yeah, that tea in a little further No, I'm good. Yeah, but what's his name, Trevor, Trevor, I'm forgetting your last name? Khan con something long drive. Yeah, there might be a video of him hitting a ball. Nice and so this dude, this dude will outdrive you with his putter, by the way, which is really humiliating. He'll put it to eighty three to eighty three down the middle of the fairway with a putter. It's crazy. But my guys are good. This uh, this playboy bunny who liked to let people do that. Some dude missed and just hit her left cheek with a driver oh hard, because you know, he wanted to show off in front of her, and just the noise it made and then the ball just rolled off. But she she made this nice. Her didn't even affect her like that.
Speaker 2: She just took it.
Speaker 3: She ate it. Her ass cheek by the end, because I was like, I gotta go back and see her ass cheek by the end. Dude was Oh, it was so blue and swollen, and she was trying to laugh it off. Yeah, I know, it's good. It's happened before. I'm like, nah, yeah, truly not that bad here he is. He also can swing a stick, dude. Yeah, it's from the orties. It would have been at the Ortiz Golf Classic. He and I have done a bunch of times together, but we met at the Larry the Cable Guy one too. But he's this dude, legit, real deal, legit can just rush them and it's embarrassing to be out driven with a putter, you know what I mean. Yeah, But if that's what he's built for, you know, Nay, he's the best. Yeah, that's true. I'm golf is not my I think it's six holes too long. I would agree with that. I would agree with you there. If it was twelve holes, I'd be out there. But who what five hours? Fuck you right? Five hours? Yeah, this is what he did, but it wasn't me. But look at that swing. Yeah, dude, that he get. He lifts up a lot of torq a lot of club Yeah, just start talking a lot of shafts and yeah, a lot of shit. This, dude's all shaft is what I understand.
Speaker 1: But I agree with you because I'm like, I want to play us scramble. I don't want to hit my own ball the whole time, Like I'm.
Speaker 3: Not that good and it's not that fun to do five hours of that.
Speaker 2: Right, I'll drive over here and hit my ball.
Speaker 1: I'll wait on you to hate your ball like I'm trying to be in the same cart. I'm trying to get some some beer, goings, a cigar, some music. Yeah, not taking so seriously, dude.
Speaker 3: I play preferred lie, which means if I don't prefer for my ball to lie there, I pick it up and I put it somewhere else. Yes, a lot of times I play preferred lie and I'm like, I don't prefer it here, I'm gonna put it on the ring. This is where I prefer. My dad hates it. Yeah, I just want to hit it from here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like, that's not the rules. I'm like in this card, it is right. That's why people have always when they asked me you live in Tennessee, I'm like, yeah, like, is weed legal there? I'm like, at my house.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: At my house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my house.
Speaker 3: It's real legal. It's always been legal. Also, I've said since I've been here, getting arrested for weed and Tennessee would be the best thing that ever happened in my career. Come get me every time I smoke weed live online, I'm like, come get me, everybody you know where I live. Why would that? Why would that be the best thing that happened in your career. It's good price, it'd be funny. I'd make good jokes out of it. I can get a lot of stories from jail. Oh shit. By the way, my you know, my son and I started a podcast together, Oh really called hey man because I say that a lot, and I said hey man, and he when we call each other we go hey many man and so. But he told me the story in this lot. I'm dropping it all. We have eight episodes. He went to that fucking astro World concert. Oh shit, the woman where people are dying.
Speaker 8: Ooh, told me the whole story if his girlfriend at the time, they said, because they were up against the barricade, they got there early to get up against the barricade.
Speaker 3: That was the good spot. And she had bruises around her body from just being smushed. Yo, Jacob told me this story about this girl, and so everyone smushed like this. He's six', Three, yeah he's not. Tiny he was lifted off the ground with his feet just like, this being moved. Around he, said you, know he was looking around trying to find and his girlfriend was push up against the. Barricade and he looked at one point to his left and saw this girl who had When travis came on, stage had thrown her hands up in the air to. Cheer, well she gets, smushed so now her hands are stuck like, this and so and she's Being jacob, said it's like a. Boat it was like watching A boe constrictor because every time she let out a, breath the crowd just. Closed. Right that's why people pass, out because you can't breathe in. Anymore and he said he just slowly saw her starting to just, fall just go, under and he was, like the problem is if you went, down you were, down like if you went down to get, somebody there was no you weren't getting up because they were closing the. Gap and he, said what the? Fuck two guys just reached down and lifted her back. Up but he said there were times where like you were being moved and you could see people underneath you and you couldn't help. Them fucking. Crazy but the story he tells on the podcast is like what made him want to? Go he Loves Travis.
Speaker 1: Scott, yeah but isn't that what He isn't that like not like that and for real because some people say he like uh that Stuff like he's, like we wanted to be, crazy.
Speaker 3: We Want, yeah he wants that. Energy, right that was what bringing those the younger, crowd and that was what he was known. For and and he'd been arrested on stage before In, vegas right or something like, that where he told people to break down the. Barricade he got arrested for an inciting or. Riote but that's good for His who AM i that's good for His but there's only one way for that to end when you just.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 3: So but he loved the music love was he thinking about that, though going into the concert like he was gonna be? Wild well this is what so Trub, scott they rush and his girlfriend said right to, him we got to go right, Now and he was like you're, right and so they had they needed she need a security guard to reach in and pull her over because she was, smushed and the same with. Him but and he said that they just. Help they were helping pull people out and some. PEOPLE i was, like why couldn't they just get over the fence and he was, Like, dad you're smushed from all. Sides you're completely there's no lifting yourself up over the. Fence there's too. Much there's thousands of people of body pressure on. YOU i can't even imagine. THAT i can't even fucking. Imagine but you're like. Helpless he was like they both had like legit nightmares for he had he was, Like i've been waking up seeing faces for a. Week, wow, Bananas.
Speaker 1: Because you like to think like you would just start bodying people, around but it's just too many, Items like there's just it's just nothing you can. Do imagine being on the, ground like on your, back like, Yeah i'm about to. Go that's the crazy. Thing, Helpless even, like, dude you're a grown. Man i'm sure you've never walked into a crowd and been Like I'm i'm gonna be.
Speaker 3: Okay but you would be picked up and. Moved if your feet got off the, ground that was.
Speaker 4: It But, Ben but but to hear, yeh, dude to hear him talk about it was LIKE i couldn't believe.
Speaker 3: He texted me the next. MORNING i went to sleep before it. All i'm so GLAD i didn't hear about it that, night because they get a text the next morning would have just been, Like, yo he saw somebody get shot In. Cleveland he came to visit me at the. Show, Yeah and we were up in the hotel room AND i know he gets. High he KNOWS i get, high but we don't get high. TOGETHER i, mean he's a grown person who's allowed to do whatever the fuck he. Wants i'm just not gonna get high it. Right and so we were high in the room and there was a case of place right across under the, window right below our, window across the alley In. Cleveland AND i was, like go get us some case Of he was, like, hey so we. Go he goes out and get some case Of it is in about five, MINUTES i hear and if you've heard, gunshots you know the difference between a gunshot and a car, Backfire like these are, gunshots and it's right where he was like the gunshot sounds right underneath the window where it was the longest walk to a, window Because i'm, LIKE i gotta, LOOK i gotta. Look AND i pulled back to shade and there was a body in the, alley not, his AND i call. HIM i go, hey he's. YEAH i, go, yo, okay YOU i just saw someone get. Shot AND i, go, dude come back up. Here and he goes. WHY i, go somebody just got. Shot he goes, yeah but they're. NOT i come back and shoot him, again, Right AND i GO i don't. Think so he, goes, Yeah i'm waiting for the. FOOD i, go you, hi, Motherfucker i've got. It i'm goin to secure. This what are you Doing he, goes, yeah everybody else ran so the owner of the place THAT i could have everybody's. Food he, Goes i'm bringing up four full. Bags i'm, like, yeah wait. Around we bring up the four. Backs but it was. Crazy but he was so nervous that. Night he said to, me he just. Grown dude was eight. Nineteen maybe he, goes you mind IF i lay in the bed with. You i'm, like come. On but he was, LIKE i can't BELIEVE i saw something good, shot but, crazy, DUDE i can't even imagine seem sody good. Shot, NAH i don't think. So, Yeah i've never seen you guys seen any of. That get, Shot blas Says Roadback. Activewear, yeah you all Know rowback best, fit, best feel the. BEST i mean it's football, season which is obviously the best, season which means it's also hoodie. Season. Hoodie. Uh luckily for you, Guys roaback just restock their performance. HOODIES i am not kidding when we say these are the absolute, softest highest quality hoodies in the. Game send that over. Here the materials out of this world soft. Day nobody does hoodies Like. Roadback this smells like a camel's, asshole but it is. Soft, yeah you are. Right, Yeah, wow it is, soft.
Speaker 2: MAN i MEAN i have. Plenty i'm just trying to sell it right, now.
Speaker 3: But it is and it feels kind of incredibly so.
Speaker 1: Too this is.
Speaker 3: NICE i like. This now you can have? It CAN? I, Yeah i'm gonna pass on this particular.
Speaker 8: One.
Speaker 3: Uh roadback listen use the code Busting it's B u s S I n on rollback dot com for a generous twenty percent off your first order stealing spelled robock r H O B a C k dot. Com that's twenty percent off your first order on all polos CUSIPs WHICH i don't know what it, is a hoodie and teas with a code busting WHAT'S Accusi it's like, yeah, Quarterszip oh, okay hop on The. Road it's, like uh, Yeah. Quartership that wasna hop on the roadback train now because this take it, Off so go check him out at the rollback dot. Com do it for the.
Speaker 1: Balls.
Speaker 3: Phenomenal my oldest son when he came back from The middle From afghanistan first, tour we throw a party at the house and he, goes CAN i CAN i show a slide? Show And i'm, like, yeah of, Course i'm gonna show you, guys you, know my friends and where we. Were i'm, like that sounds, great. Dude so he puts his slide show together AND i, go you know what WAS i fifteen minutes for the. PARTY i, go let me just take a look at the slide show SO i know what the feel of it. Is SO i just get the vibe where we want to play it party because there's people from age six to eighty at This so the first is like him on the plane and him laying in An afghanistan and him and his bunk and his, bodies and then it just cuts to a video and there's just These afghanis walking near a dry river, bed and then there's a carpet bomb and then there's no more people AND i press. STOP i, go do we can't show?
Speaker 2: That he, goes why?
Speaker 3: NOT i, go that's actual, death, Right he, goes, yeah but no. BLOOD i, go, no that's not the. LINE i. Know the line is not. Blood the. Line let's call it the line of. Death you can't show. Death but nobody. KNOWS i, go, yeah everybody. Knows he knows they were there at the. Bomb, no they're not. There. Yeah he was, like is that too? Far? Yeah he, goes you don't want to see the. REST i don't see. It you don't want to. See but it was so he had just been desensitized to what it, was and he thought the line, was, well it's not, glory so let's just show. It i'm, like this is Not.
Speaker 2: It's a six year old out.
Speaker 3: There yeah, exactly he's a Sixty. Yeah, Now i'm sure that a couple of my brothers would have been like.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 3: But we're not showing that at the welcome home.
Speaker 2: Party that's so. Funny do you guys Know josh is a Big titans.
Speaker 1: Fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah we were texting yesterday during the. Game, Yeah i'm From.
Speaker 3: Massachusetts SO i texted, Him, oh you're not A titans. Fan not A? Titan well WHAT i thought he was the way he was texting. ME i just, texted we should have watched this game. Together i'm not sure if you've read, that you read that the wrong.
Speaker 2: Way that is what he, said.
Speaker 3: And that is WHAT i. BELIEVE i gotta tell you this might have. Been this is gonna sound real arrogant and new egnn, like but the last couple of years With brady up there were boring for. Me this has been my Favorite patriots year in a long.
Speaker 2: Time why is?
Speaker 3: That it's? Exciting it's. EXCITING i feel like like this is what it gotta. Be one of the hoodie's best. Years don't coming. In you know they're in first place The bill with The bills. Team The patriots are in first place With Matt, Jones, like this has got to be first coaching besides that First Super, bowl right up near the. Top and it's. Exciting for fans because you coming, IN i did not think this was gonna be the. Team and WHO i never knew If Mac jones was good or if he just had the two best wide receivers in college. Football, right we're just wide open every. Time i'm just gonna throw this in the air and you're gonna run.
Speaker 2: Under, it right surrounded by An alabama.
Speaker 3: Team, Right SO i had no. IDEA i knew If hoodie is drafting some dude in the front first, round he's. Quarterback he likes, him he's got he likes. It maybe he just didn't Like cam that, much but one of the. Two and so to see him right now playing the way he's, playing and they got their running. Game this reminds me of that First Super bowl team with the defense and they're gonna run the ball and they're just not gonna.
Speaker 1: Let Mac jones throw interceptionist right, Right they're not gonna make a lot of.
Speaker 2: Mistakes they are good for.
Speaker 3: Sure, granted you guys beat a very watered Down. Titans teams got to get healthy And tannehill is not Rot Aaron. Rodgers you can't just throw any receiver out there and he's just gonna be Like, YEAH i can make this work with, him, right he needs nothing against, him, dude but he needs a little bit of. Help like the majority OF, cord the majority OF, cord there's like three that don't, right and so to take every weapon, away like not just, one but everyone has.
Speaker 1: Got to be just, brutal, right no. QUESTION i mean you're playing with backups. Everywhere, like how many guys do we have.
Speaker 3: Out seventeen ON ir right?
Speaker 1: Right we've we Hold, yeah we hold the new record for turnover with different guys on the active roster right of eighty four where we had eighty five. Million but, yeah, BRO i mean they just got to get. Healthy but it's it's been interesting for, sure just Since derek's gotten gotten injured and then they've had you, know you Have, hulu you have aj you have guys on, defense both started backers on, Defense like you, know you just have a lot of injuries right now outside Of Derrick.
Speaker 3: Henry who do you think is the biggest loss for that team that's on THE ir right? Now offensive?
Speaker 1: Defense, YEAH i GUESS i would say defense, man what you Think David long has to? Be that's as it's wild to say after after a, Year but you Think David long probably on, defense.
Speaker 3: He's just he's just fast enough to get to the, edge which is.
Speaker 1: Huge and But bud hadn't been playing, either, RIGHT i Mean Bud, dupree he's a big loss what he did when he was playing defensive line right right when you got all those dudes, Working Jeff, Simmons, Autrey Harold, Landry Budd dupree going to.
Speaker 2: Getting after the quarterback like the team.
Speaker 1: Is definitely they need a pass rush for, sure because when they when they have a pass, rush it's.
Speaker 2: Not like they're they're past defenses all.
Speaker 1: Pro but they're very opportunistic around the, ball and you only get opportunistic when you have all that pressure in your.
Speaker 3: Face how many are going to be back healthy for the playoffs and do they have enough cushion to make it into the playoffs for?
Speaker 2: SURE i think.
Speaker 1: SO i personally think. SO i think with the with the rest of their, schedule they definitely have that. CUSHION i think all the guys will be back by. PLAYOFFS i Think derek can reinclude it because he broke his foot and he didn't like fully break his foot. Either now it's not like a compounded like a compound, fracture like he had a very tough like stress, fracture big hairline. Fracture he had to get a couple of screws put in and stuff like. That but it's not like it's a terrible broken bone and those things take LIKE i don't even want to say six.
Speaker 2: To ten, weeks but more like an eight to ten week.
Speaker 3: Injury, oh this schedule seems kind of, nice.
Speaker 1: Right the only tough part is The niners have been playing, well and so have The. Dolphins dolves have been starting to play good ball, Too so it's gonna GET i think it'll get interesting for. Him and then obviously you'll they'll play The texas again for their last relear season.
Speaker 2: Game BUT i think they're they'll be they'll be getting that revenge game.
Speaker 3: IN i love how people are sleeping on The niners, too because because a year and a half ago or two years, ago they were in The Super, bowl, right and so Like Jimmy j's back is playing better and that that's a good. Team. Man they're running game is, legit, right and running games. Traveled you. Know that's why when When Derek henry's, Playing i'm, like, yeah you get a good defense in that dude right In. December let's, go, right let's. Go are you Has Julio jones not been healthy the whole year pretty?
Speaker 1: MUCH i mean he's been pretty uh it's been his hamsterring, too but he's been out a. Lot i'd say the biggest loss on offense is what aj outside Of derek, Got, yeah a j just having a healthy old line weekend and week, out because we're usually missing.
Speaker 2: SOMEBODY I i.
Speaker 3: Gotta tell, you, MAN i can't imagine playing on either, side either offensive line or defensive, line and ramming my head into some other dude and then being LIKE i gotta do that again thirty seconds from, now damn, It like that's. It the first Thing i'm gonna do is ram my head into this Other dude's. RIGHT i mean you're one hundred and, yeah, yeah, yeah that doesn't make. It yeah, yeah good. Punt, yeah you look like a little giant out, there like geared up and. Everything he telling. ME i would run across the top of that one hundred and. FIFTY i wonder what the lightest dude to ever play professional football is outside of a, Kicker.
Speaker 2: So outside of like a special teams like, kicker, punter.
Speaker 3: Can't be kicker like like one of Those Martine.
Speaker 1: GRAMATICA i mean you you'd have to look at guys Like Tyreek hill and, stuff, right but he's got.
Speaker 3: To be one seventy. Five he's. Jacked how big was that?
Speaker 2: On when you think.
Speaker 3: Who what About Danny? AMANDOLA i Think tyreek smaller than?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 2: Oh ban Is Brandon?
Speaker 5: Banks, yeah this is SAYING i just google light'st down a fol player all the. Time i'm Saying Brandon banks at one hundred and forty.
Speaker 1: Nine originally coming into THE nfl at one hundred and forty nine, pounds So Brandon banks was the lightest active player in the.
Speaker 3: League WHAT i say this every? Week every. WEEK i can't imagine getting. Hit first of, all the FACT i would BE i would be padded up the fact that nobody's got any shin pads. On every TIME i see, someone what's going on that that that looks like that hurts a?
Speaker 2: Lot josh.
Speaker 3: The neck roll have th old School Steve grogan neck. Role i'd have soccer shin pads? On are you? Kidding? Like WHEN i see Because Derek, henry everyone's going like a missile into his, legs, Right, oh you have to. This dude's got no pads from knee down from. Kna how does that Not.
Speaker 1: You're taking a helmet to the, shins, Right, yeah BUT i don't think guys get smoked in the shins a whole lot like with a. Helmet no, what because guys aren't just diving head.
Speaker 3: First, okay we'll call it a shoulder pad at twenty miles an, HOUR i, MEAN i, MEAN i don't. Know, YEAH i, mean, okay, fine two hundred fifty pounds moving twenty miles an hour hitting me with the shoulder.
Speaker 1: Pad you got to think if your, leg if your cleat is in the ground and you take a shoulder pad to the, shin it's probably you're probably gonna damage your knee and not really your, shin you know WHAT i. Mean and then if your leg is off the ground it, hits it's just going with.
Speaker 3: Yeah that probably doesn't.
Speaker 2: Hurt, YEAH.
Speaker 3: I, mean what's the tell me the hardest you've ever been hit on the? Football, though the Hardest i've ever been? Hit, yeah what'd you?
Speaker 2: Say he? Said?
Speaker 3: Shit last?
Speaker 1: Week the, HARDEST i would, say WHERE i looked the worst was Against Roger. Staffold oh you know? What outside of like getting blindsided and like getting the air knocked out of there or something like. That probably against The New Orleans. SAINTS i posted to ave on this like a year ago two going against The New Orleans. Saints WHEN i was on The Washington. REDSKINS i was taking off and tried just throwing my body into this, dude AND i MEAN i went, stiff like taking a metal bat against a.
Speaker 2: Pole. Dude i'm.
Speaker 1: TALKING i went, stiff AND i even tried getting up because as he hit me AND i went, like you, KNOW i went stiff AND i was. Down he's like night.
Speaker 3: Night far did he? Say night?
Speaker 2: Night?
Speaker 3: Oh he, said he. Goes SO i was running right, Oh AND i.
Speaker 1: TRIED i tried taking off and lunging into this, Dudeeah and obviously he smokes. Me and the dude's like over three hundred, pounds just built like a brick shit.
Speaker 3: House And i'm, like you.
Speaker 2: KNOW i like go stiff and down to the, ground and he's, like night, night.
Speaker 3: MOTHERFUCKER I i, know.
Speaker 1: DUD i tried getting up to like talk, shit BUT i got up and it was LIKE i was Like bambi, dude like a new day coming out of the, WOMB i started stumbling.
Speaker 3: Everywhere everybody's, like, hey go, down go. DOWN i just couldn't even keep my ship.
Speaker 2: Together all.
Speaker 3: Right let ME i can ask you a couple of. Questions that was probably the, Hardest LIKE i felt, like, yeah you, know running into a. Body, OKAY a couple. Questions what is worse afterwards from people teasing you in the locker room Going bambi or stand? Down like what are they gonna tease you about?
Speaker 1: More if they're gonna tease you about looking Like bambi because they know that you've gotten up and you were like trying at, least so they know it's all kind of like fair. Game if you're just laying there like you, know When taylor went, OUT i don't think anybody's like, Joking, hey this man's out right.
Speaker 3: Just laying knocked. Out and is night, night motherfucker the best ship talkings you've. Heard it's concise and to the point right, Exactly night, night motherfucker says it. All Now i'm gonna ask you another question because this this what's you your best night, night? Motherfucker, like what is the best you've hit? Somebody and have you ever had a ship talk moment that even Rivals night night. Motherfucker, No and have you heard anybody say anything better than night, night? Motherfucker not really.
Speaker 2: None that none that are so cut and.
Speaker 1: Dry, yeah he did get, me you know WHAT i? Mean like one TIME i broke a pass. Up i've told this on the pop before From Greg, olsen and he's, like what are you?
Speaker 3: Like third?
Speaker 2: String BUT i broke up the?
Speaker 3: Pass was, Pvu I'm I'm i'm doing the incomplete setnal. Man uh, wait do people talk shit about what string you are on the. Field there's an example right.
Speaker 1: There, WAIT i broke up the pass of the middle AND i like did the incomplete thing right in front of, him AND i webbed him Like Spider. Man it's that's a that's there's some backstory. There, yeah but uh he, goes he, goes what the fuck are? You what are you?
Speaker 3: Like third?
Speaker 1: String who are? You AND i was, like, hey, MAN i work with this. Spot, yeah you're like you know WHO i? Am, Yeah i'm the dude who just broke looking dom just that was your? Move, yeah every.
Speaker 3: Time in, Fact i'm gonna start doing. That if a joke, Works i'm just gonna fucking just start.
Speaker 1: It they also are laughing and just start webbing the. Shout but as far as like hitting, somebody maybe who's a little wide receiver For Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Cole.
Speaker 1: Beasley, no it Wasn't. Beasley this was back in probably twenty. Sixteen he played for The. Patriots white, Dude Wes. Welker Not Wes.
Speaker 2: WELKER i think it Was.
Speaker 1: Hogan oh, Yeah AND i hit him once pretty good on third and, short but not a lot of like big splash Where i'm knocking people.
Speaker 3: Out tell me one other, questions what have you ever hit anybody and heard him go like make a weird? Noise? No, yeah have anyone?
Speaker 1: Ever.
Speaker 2: NO i Love josh's fashion fascination with.
Speaker 3: All the Because i'm fascinated with the human. Condition so the human, condition a lot of that is what happens is immediately in, situations so in things you can't help like, this, Right So i'm always in those. Situations i'm always curious how people. REACT i. LOVE i just love that. Stuff Like I'm i'm a strict people watcher at airports AND i just like. It. Dude it helps me in my job WHEN i make WHEN i tell, STORIES i need to put a character in a. Story i'm paying, attention. Dude i'm paying attention to things that people do to make it more. Real IF i need to make somebody, up that person's gonna be. Real SO i need to know the way people, react.
Speaker 1: Y.
Speaker 3: KNOW i bet you for your, job you need to pay attention to that stuff. Too, yeah no question right because you're, like, OH i recognize, that SO i know what's going to happen right after. That and that's what it is for me, Too, like, MAN i like, It but funny noises and people getting jacked, up that's just the asshole on.
Speaker 1: Me LIKE i, like you're DEFINITELY i was curious about what happens like in any, sport like people shit talking or moves that are.
Speaker 3: Made BUT i you, KNOW I i'm buddies With David ortiz AND i asked them the same questions like who on first? Base who's the who's the best on first? Base?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Well guy was? Funny and who was talking? Ship and every to a, man everybody Says Sean? Casey was you get the first base With Sean? Casey is gonna make you? Laugh like? That dude was just straight up, funny like knowing that. Stuff guys Like Kevin, malar, like they'll tell you good. Stories and for most of us who never get to sniff anywhere close to that level of and for most of us dudes who wanted to to hear those stories and be, like they're just people and they react the way we react and they're.
Speaker 1: Doing people would be surprised about how much like people, are, like, oh what's the best ship? Talking and do people should talk a? Lot people will be surprised about how little it actually goes, on.
Speaker 3: You know WHAT i.
Speaker 1: Mean LIKE i am more like a goofy guy out there on the, Field like if there's something in between plays OR i see another fellow white guy out, there you're like Doing you're like doing jokes with, them you know WHAT i, Mean and joking on guys like oh, hey, yes sweet play, man really made your career out, here like stuff like.
Speaker 3: That but that's the good, stuff, man AND i. LOVE i used to love when they used to make Up andrew Luck and because people would hit on me because he would get hit and he'd be, like oh, hey great hit. Man yeah that was a lot of fun for doing. That, yeah this dude is that is. Tree, yeah by the, WAY i thought he would come? Back did you not think he would come?
Speaker 1: Back just KNOWING a couple of friends who were close him and went to college with him At, stanford they were they were set that he would stay.
Speaker 3: Retired but there was a part of me THAT i thought he would come.
Speaker 2: Back there's still a part of ME i feel like that makes me think he would come.
Speaker 3: Back. Right what was? So why were they so? Sure just BECAUSE i don't?
Speaker 1: Know probably his, personality like knowing, him like knowing that his identity wasn't wrapped so much into, football like being a football, player because.
Speaker 2: A lot of it that's what it, is, man it's your connection with you, know what you identify.
Speaker 1: As so a lot of guys struggle with leaving or they want to come back because there's fame that comes with. It there's all these things that make them want to be back in that spotlight or be back in that.
Speaker 3: Identity, Well i've always, said, man one of the HARDEST i remember when people were make fun Of Brett favre for his, retiring AND i was, like, look you have no idea what it's like to be Called superman your whole, life, right and then one day nobody gives a shit about.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 3: Right your whole, life people have been lifting you, up telling you how great you. Are, gunslinger you're, superman you are when you're a professional, athlete you're the superheroes for lack of a better, word on the. Right and now one day like that is. GONE i can't imagine how hard that.
Speaker 1: Is and not to mention when you get replaced by somebody like An Aaron, rodgers like you see that you were. REPLACEABLE i assume that that feeds into it that much.
Speaker 3: More and where you're getting that adrenaline, from like all that. Stuff So i'm that's Why i'm fascinated with all of, That LIKE i can't, imagine especially.
Speaker 2: For guys Like.
Speaker 3: Far and to, Me far was a dude who love football, right but loved the fame as much as he Loves and then when he, left people just. Didn't, right the game goes on without.
Speaker 1: You it doesn't, matter it doesn't matter who you, Are like it's sick that you are who you, are but everyone's still wearing the same colored gear the Next sunday and rooting for just different.
Speaker 3: People, Man and when you're on the sideline that year next year to come, down nobody gives a, ship right.
Speaker 1: The game's out here, now. Right it's like it's, oh it's, cool they want to take a photo or. Something but like you, said the game is going on out there.
Speaker 3: Now. YEAH i can't imagine what that's. Like, yeah so it's a tough transition.
Speaker 2: For a lot of.
Speaker 1: Guys all, right, boys let's take a. Minute we're gonna introduce you to some new friends of the boys over At Ventro. Collective if you don't Know vinceo, yet they make premium watches and lifestyle accessories out In San, Diego.
Speaker 2: CALIFORNIA i bet, YOU i bet they.
Speaker 3: Do it doesn't matter if you're a black tie kind of guy or more of a white tea.
Speaker 1: Dude vinceo has a seriously stylish collection of colorway for every. Look with quality you can, Feel vinceo is perfect for your everyday style. Needs check out their bold newly Released reserve, automatic perfect for the face of the franchise or the rugged rogue if you're more of a grinder in the trenches like the. Boys will be the first to tell. You, guys when you look, good you feel. Good when you feel, good you played? Great DID i say all that?
Speaker 3: Right you?
Speaker 1: Did when you look, good you feel? Good when you feel, good you play. Great vinceero gets, that and that's why they're here to help you, evaluate elevate your, look and up your game on the streets or in the. Office and that's what we love most about. Them we all get that online shopping can be. Frustrating will this? Fit will this really look like? This will it be broken in a? Week vincero's five year guarantee three sixty five day return policy has you.
Speaker 2: Covered vinceo is offering fifteen.
Speaker 1: Percent off to our listeners if you go to V i N c e R O collective dot com forward slash busting and use our code busting at. Checkout so please support our show and check out the boys over At Vincero.
Speaker 3: Collective i'm gonna do that. GOOD i, Mean i'm definitely gonna do. That i'm always on the lookout for some cool news sh for.
Speaker 2: Some style of.
Speaker 3: Stuff, man, yeah, man why? Not for?
Speaker 2: Sure are you.
Speaker 3: Like this part of the podcast and are you kind of approaching this or trying to tackle it the same way you would have getting ready for.
Speaker 1: Season or, Like, howard do you do you have any in? Ways, yeah as far as like putting everything together and like preparing on certain. Occasions, yeah there is a lot of. Carryover but as far as.
Speaker 3: Like seeing a podcast being a game, day, like that's not the.
Speaker 1: Same i'd, say WHAT i get out of the podcast is that comra to report THAT i, KNOW i, MEAN i already miss not playing, ball SO i get that out of.
Speaker 3: This but as far as like preparing and taking WHAT i did in football over to the podcasting.
Speaker 1: World, like, YEAH i very much try to use a lot of the same, analogies a lot of the same, approaches like as far as measuring, things writing stuff, down how you want things to look, like you, know the camaraderie factor with the, Guys like, yeah you try and implement and do a lot of stuff because THAT.
Speaker 3: I mean playing, football and that's pretty much All i've.
Speaker 1: Known i've learned a lot of good, Stuff like you, Play you're in, sports, dude and you, Know i've got to play in sports this so, Long like you learn a lot of you, know characteristics and things that carry you and help you in the real. World it's just getting over that aspect of you, know that fame factor being, gone WHICH i do think every guy deals with on some kind of. Level for, me like WHEN i talk through it in therapy and everything. ELSE a lot of it has to do and comes back to like being in the locker room and being part of something that's bigger than you that you're doing with other guys with, you a band of. Brothers, right you have all this this melting pot of cultures and different, people different, colors different ways of, life and everybody's putting not that not that you're putting inside like there's something, there but you all come together over one common goal and you're embracing the suck with each other every, year all year, round right through training, camp everything.
Speaker 3: Else to go after a.
Speaker 1: Championship there's selfishness in it because everybody wants to get. Paid but when you're able to like sacrifice that stuff and you're going through these gritty days with the boys and you're.
Speaker 2: Embracing the suck with, them like you're saying jokes in the locker.
Speaker 1: Room you're going through those hot, practices those cold ones at the end of the, year late in the year when you don't want to continue to go in and wake up at six am every. Morning it's like doing all of that stuff is that common goal that you have with those. Guys so when that stuff's. Gone it's just it happens like, that and for a lot of, guys it happens before they're ready. To like IF i wasn't, podcasting IF i wasn't doing all this, stuff WOULD i actually be ready to walk away from? FOOTBALL i don't know that, answer Thank. God like When i'm sitting there through those those these last couple of years that WHEN i was playing, ball BEFORE i Started busting with The, Boys i'm like consciously thinking, that, hey this is gonna end, soon WHETHER i like it or. Not HOPEFULLY i play, longer but MAYBE i. Won't it's, like THANKFULLY i started thinking about that. Stuff but even then you think about, it it still happens and it still bothers. You, so you, know being able to sit and talk through it with, people therapy stuff like that helps you kind of figure out like what your attachments, are what you identify with as a full, player like what you're gonna miss the, most and how you can kind of transition into the real world with. It so for, me With busting with The, BOYS i know a lot of my stuff is like camaraderie driven stuff with like other people go chasing stuff that's like outside of us a little bit, more AND i get to scratch that with the podcast BECAUSE i get to sit down with guys like, you people who are out there in the real world. COMPETING i get to sit down with athletes still and still banter with the. Boys all the jokes and stuff THAT i love about the locker. ROOM i still get it out of, That but guys don't have that man likes it's tough for dudes to get out of.
Speaker 3: It do you think it's harder or? Easier so say for a guy Like farv Or Joe, Montana like when you are that, guy do you think it's easier or harder to step? Away then say somebody where you, were Like i'm sure there was people who will never play football again after last, year AND i don't know who they are and have never heard of, them, right, Right do you think it's easier or? Harder it doesn't.
Speaker 1: MATTER i don't think it matters because everybody's got their own everybody's in their own like.
Speaker 3: The HOLE cli. Share everybody's in their own, movie like everyone's in their own.
Speaker 1: Life like people Like farv and these guys who are the guys can sit and talk about like you, KNOW i have all this pressure in this stresses and like it's all gone AND i want, this but everyone just gets so sucked into what their issues and problems.
Speaker 2: Are they're just different, problems. Right it's like the saying that what was, It.
Speaker 3: Alex that you were telling me the worst thing that happened to you the worst thing that happened to.
Speaker 5: Me the worst thing that's happened to you is the worst thing that's happened to. You, Right you can't compare it to somebody else's because you only have your own.
Speaker 3: Perspective, yeah, yeah that's. Right you can't compare, sucks, Right. Right the worst thing is the worst thing for. You my worst thing is the worst thing for. Me and that's THAT i agree with.
Speaker 1: That it's like and people listening like the argument on that, side like having perspective is THESE nfl players are arguing about which person had the harder go of transitioning, out but.
Speaker 3: THEIR nfl, players they're, millionaires they're all this.
Speaker 1: Stuff but it's all the same psychological stuff that's happening in the, brain, Right like you're identified with something and stuff is something is ending the way you don't want it, to so you know it just it just depends on the guy Like Andrew. Luck he's that, dude, Right but he's somebody who can sit there if you listen to. Him AND i don't know him, personally SO i don't fully, know but he talks about he wanted to walk away because the way the mental side of everything was taking a toll on, him with his injuries and always having to be in the training room and all this and, that and it just wasn't worth it to him. Anymore and he could be somebody who just has the perspective that this is not my, life Like i'm going to, have you, Know i'm thirty two years, old, hopefully Like i've prepared all the way up until SINCE i was in second grade for this life That i've been living in, football and NOW i gotta, live you, know HOPEFULLY i get to live until. Ninety that's double a life outside of what All i've known, was and that that was. Football so like having the perspective, that, hey this is going to end and there's a whole life to live that has nothing to do with, this AND i need to figure out HOW i let this go and separate myself a little, bit not BECAUSE i didn't love, it but because what AM i actually Loving and a lot of it is the fame that you get caught up. In but for guys who aren't known, about it's stressful because they want to continue just playing ball and they might not.
Speaker 3: Know what else to.
Speaker 1: Do so they some guys are still out, there still, training they haven't been in the league for two, years and they're still like whether they're going through The canadian system or the arena, system.
Speaker 3: And they just, think, like ONCE i get my.
Speaker 1: Opportunity it's like The Kurt, warner The Kurt warner, effect like he was backing groceries and got his chance from being in the arena and.
Speaker 2: All this other.
Speaker 3: Stuff isn't there a show?
Speaker 2: Out he's got a movie coming?
Speaker 3: Out there, Is but, no there's a. Show so how many people in the? Roster fifty to? Three, Yes SO i think they put together a show called the fifty Fourth man or something like. That took the last person cut basically from every, team and they're putting a team. Together it's a show and they will an offensive. Defense do you know What i'm talking? ABOUT i.
Speaker 2: DON'T i don't.
Speaker 3: Think so they're putting a show together and they're having these dudes just, trained and so they'll have a full eleven on either side and they're like the last person cut from every position from every. Team, yeah something. BANANAS i was reading about. It i'll have to send it to.
Speaker 2: You is it a reality?
Speaker 3: Show, yeah it's supposed to be a reality.
Speaker 2: Show.
Speaker 1: YEAH i mean all that stuff's, interesting, dude because the guys who are the guys right and have all of their ways of having the cope with things and stuff that goes on with them in their. Lives it's like those guys in a world of a guy who's been on bottom halves of. Rosters those guys never partake and worrying about making a team or anything like, that like the day of like worrying about how you performed on film and you're up at night and you're trying to study and, like, man Maybe i'll get this play. AGAIN i wonder if coach thinks this about me SINCE i didn't make that, play does that mean they've labeled me.
Speaker 2: That guy for the rest of my?
Speaker 1: Career what are they saying in those, meetings like you just beat a dead, horse assuming all this shit and fearing all this stuff to where you got to go out the next day and perform and be, like, MAN i HOPE i did that much better to make the team cuts come, around you're wondering if you're about to get that phone call or. Not like they're just they're, different they're different. Lives SO i don't think once harder than the. OTHER i think it's just ultimately it's all about. Perspective do you do you do you in order to have good?
Speaker 3: Chemistry do you have to like each other like in the locker room you and does it matter if they like each other or does it just matter if you play well.
Speaker 1: TOGETHER i don't think it matters if you like each other as much as it matters on if you respect the teammate next to, You like you don't have to like everybody you play, with but if you know they have your back and they know they are on top of their shit and you can trust, HIM i think more so it's about like trust respecting the guys than it is about liking. Them because there's guys LIKE i wouldn't SAY i, dislike But i'm not gonna go out and have a beer with them or anything. Else but IF i trust them and they do their shit AND i respect the work that they put into. It then it doesn't matter IF i like them or. NOT i appreciate playing with.
Speaker 3: Them so tell me, so out of all the teams he played on in the, pros if you if you could think of one where like this team underperformed in a WAY i didn't, think what would it? Be what's the reason for that huge disappointment of a season outside of is it? Camaraderie is that kind of? Question is that a huge? Like does that start to drag a team down if the locker room's just? Sour? Oh absolutely Are now which situation are you talking about to where we?
Speaker 2: Underperform?
Speaker 3: Yeah and does a does a locker room get sour when you're? Underperforming?
Speaker 1: Yes SO i would say my twenty and sixteen, year we had went to the playoffs the year before With Kirk cousins and the Whole you liked that when he had, that you liked that video, great and we went.
Speaker 3: On we went.
Speaker 1: On it wasn't necessarily a run, either like we ended up going like nine and seven and getting into the. Playoffs but the next year we essentially returned everybody And kirk was now the quarterback OVER rg.
Speaker 2: Three they part of ways WITH rg three and we were about to.
Speaker 3: Have Kirk cousins is at the craziest fall from grace of all. Time it's a wild, one for. Sure is that the quickest and. CRAZIEST i saw him commentating in the.
Speaker 1: Booth this, Woman Vince young's one, too, RIGHT i Mean Johnny manziel he, Was, yeah he was Like Vince young was like a rookie of the year and went ten and six right and the into the playoffs LIKE rg was like the same. Thing, yeah, man wild. Wildfall were you on that team with him when he WAS i wasn't on the team where he they went to the playoffs and he tours a C. L i was on the the years. AFTER i was there during his downfall and stuff like, that and it's it's it's it was, Difficult but being on in that organization was the only ORGANIZATION i knew at the. Time so a lot of it is like coming From nebraska from coaches like Coach Bo polini and all those guys and seeing how college programs, ran.
Speaker 5: Like it's just.
Speaker 3: Different politics seem a little bit different in THE.
Speaker 1: Nfl and now That i've been on other, teams you see how dysfunctional it was on The washington football team at the. Time BUT i would say when we returned With kirk and all these guys and these pieces we had in place that year after it might have been twenty, sixteen we ended UP i think eight seven.
Speaker 2: And one and not making the.
Speaker 1: Playoffs and that was a year THAT i would have, thought like we would have got it in the playoffs and done some damage for, Sure like that WAS i thought we had a good team going into that next.
Speaker 2: Year but, culturally.
Speaker 1: Looking, back you just see things that were dysfunctional about that, Team like you see what guys got away, with whether it come whether it came with being a treatment or doing treatment all, time and a lot of things that equate to like small things.
Speaker 3: That you just, see like this privilege that creates with these guys.
Speaker 1: Where you can't really really tell them otherwise or confront them otherwise for being late to something or sitting down during a walk, through like all these like all these little different things and NUANCES i look back on And i'm, like you can see why we weren't a better team than that we should have, Been like we were an underperforming team and that's AND i Didn't you don't realize that until you are around a team like WHEN i was on The, titans like seeing the way.
Speaker 2: Verbel handles a lot of small.
Speaker 3: Stuff but there's there's pros and cons on every. Team what's that locker room like when they're under when you're, underperforming.
Speaker 1: H blame, Game you'll get On you don't know whether to be the guy because LIKE i pride myself on being like a smarter, player like knowing stuff that. Happens and you get on those buses after the game and you see the divide start to happen because whether pass rushers is pass rushers would be the guys that talk about. It but guys want to get snaps because, man why don't they let us just rush For why don't we blitzing? More why don't we Doing they start queshing what the calls, are like why are we calling this them? Call like coach had me in this play when they're probably the ones who mess up the fucking play and begin with because if all eleven guys are executing the same, play doesn't matter if you're in the right call or. Not you can as long as you are all on the same, page you can execute hopefully the way you're. Prepared you can still. Win that. Down but whether or not guys play, well they start you see the blame game. Happening the guy next to, Him i'd agree with. HIM i might know in my mind we probably shouldn't have been in that, Call but is it going To it's not going to help anybody.
Speaker 2: For me to agree with.
Speaker 1: THEM i have to play the other side of, it just because we can't start dividing that. Way we can't start separating like. This you got some guys who are, quiet who just don't want to be involved with. It but that's when you start seeing, it and then it'll leak over in the. Practice it'll leak over into the next days to where guys, are you, know bullshitting or blaming other. Things and depending on what kind of coaching staff you, have like coaches can succumb to the same. Stuff at that time it Was Jay, gruden But i'm talking about position, coaches like, guys, assistants all this, stuff like it's all a collective. Man so it's like you see the divide start happening in moments like, that when you lose and shit hits the, fan you figure out like who you are as an individual and also as a team because you see the way it gets. Handled you see the way teams bounce back and know how to stick together and correct the shit that's going. On and you see teams that divide and play the blame game and and it just gets.
Speaker 2: Dysfunctional that way is.
Speaker 3: So to me when you're a, leader coaches and stuff like. That being consistent and having a consistent message is really parent, too by the, way is really, important. Right and one of the REASONS i Think hoodie's so good is he's, Like, yo he's never had a team that's. Underperformed, maybe but they're still winning eleven games. Whatever but the rules are the, rules and they're consistent and it's team, first and people get Cut. UNCERREEN i remember when he got rid Of Richard. Seymour i'm, like this is one of the best defensive what are we? Doing, Yeah but he's got his rules in the way and what he sticks by and all that. Stuff do you think part of, that like a, cult, sure is the consistency and the one voice and the message and all that. Stuff like what you're talking about is people getting preferential. Treatment AND i imagine that kind of stuff doesn't go over too well in a locker room and you're like this dude like this gets to do whatever he, wants, right and you know does?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 1: Yeah, NO i would say the consistent message is super. Important like that's one THING i. KNOW i haven't been on The, patriots but playing for Coach, rabel who's came from The patriot, organization that's one thing that has always harped, On like there's always a team meeting to start the. Day there there's always clear team. Keys there's always a clear vision at all, times whether it's about the, team whether it's about the, offense whether it's about the, Defense like there's always a certain.
Speaker 2: Message each and every.
Speaker 1: Time and there's always a foundational message of foundational why across the board with everything you. Do AND i think that is super important because whenever you veer off the, path you can always get back on it because everyone knows and it's ingrained in, them like what messages are being preached at all at all. Times the team keys every week might, change but again you're always starting with something very.
Speaker 2: Clear, yeah, always and.
Speaker 3: Getting that with The.
Speaker 1: Titans you look back on stuff With washington and you just, realize like there was never a clear starting point or a clear message other than, everybody every team who preaches we want to win a championship this year or this false below our, standard when it's, like what is the?
Speaker 2: STANDARD i think that's.
Speaker 1: What like the organizations like The, patriots The, titans Those PATRIOTS i just know of through playing with The titans and talking to. Guys but those are organizations THAT i do feel create that standard and live by that.
Speaker 2: Code.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Right i'm trying to think how. MANY i, mean maybe The steelers fall into that, category.
Speaker 1: Right i'm sure they. Do i'm, Sure like you, know there's a lot of great coaches out. THERE i just haven't gotten the play for. Him but it's it's like your favorite. Play oh oh, shit let's go. Dude first ad read for the boys over At Whistle Pig whisky.
Speaker 6: Game the boys are with the. Whiskey the boys are with the. Whiskey that's huge. News that's that's huge. News we think anything. More, yeah great, answer, man great. Answer we think anything worth doing is worth one hundred, percent and so Does Whistle Pig. Whiskey they created the first one hundred percent rye, whiskey perfect for sipping and. Mixing piggyback is made with one hundred Percent rye whiskey for a, bold full spice. Flavor it's bold and, spicy kind of like the Boy Josh wolf over, here not Tailor Josh. Wolf it's a bartender's, dream perfect for mixing up, cocktails, which if you're anything like the, boys you're all about bringing the good whiskey to a tailgate at age six years and has a high ninety six point five to six.
Speaker 1: Proof sign the boys, up trust. Us it's truly one hundred percent the good. Stuff, boys how do you give one hundred? Percent get your own bottle At Whistlepig whiskey dot com or at a local.
Speaker 3: Retailer this is, Huge i'm telling you right, now.
Speaker 2: Boys we're trying.
Speaker 3: There it.
Speaker 1: Is we are trying to sell out for these boys a Whistle big because the boys are in with the all. Whiskey, now you guys know we love. Whiskey go pick up your, whistle your whistle pick piggyback one, rye whether you go to retail. Whatever, listen here's WHAT i. Want you Get Whistle, big you take a photo and you tag the. BOYS i want to see you guys with Whistle Pig whiskey posting everybody who Tags i'm reposting everybody who tags. Me i'm all about the whiskey, train. Dude i'm trying to piggyback with everybody out there by reposting him and piggybacking on with all the with all the, piggyback and.
Speaker 2: We're doing so do.
Speaker 3: That i'm fired.
Speaker 1: Up?
Speaker 2: Boy do you fired up about?
Speaker 3: This do you want to see him take a shot or you just want to see him with the? Bottle i'll see him take a. Shot, Hell i'll take a shot right. Now we got one opened. Up huh?
Speaker 1: College oh if it's college Bo. Plini, yeah there's just no there's no. Question he was a fiery. Dude he was a fiery dude and and you know that was probably that's like his con right is like being a fiery. Dude the dude like blacks out during games because he wants to win so. BADLY i don't think he understood at times of damage like you can do on young players losing it like.
Speaker 3: That, now.
Speaker 1: A lot of us knew where he was coming from because he wanted it as bad as, us and we always knew was out of. Love BUT i would say if he had a con it would always be in those moments of being. Fiery but other than, that, dude as far as standard and preaching just fundamental things and teaching you stuff and carrying over from not being in some of the some of the time guy to being an all the time guy.
Speaker 2: And everything he.
Speaker 1: Preached, Dude i've just ALWAYS i learned a lot From Coach. BO i probably learned the most From Coach. Bo as far as in THE, nfl Oh, man doesn't matter if it's a.
Speaker 2: Head coach or.
Speaker 3: Not it can be either position coach or head.
Speaker 2: Coach, Man i've had some fun.
Speaker 1: Dudes i've had some fun, DUDES i would, say as far as like a leader among like men AND nfl, players like grown men who have lives outside of it's all. Business, yeah Uh Rich basacia from The, raiders he would yeah to. Me he he has the pulse of a of like a team and a group as much as Anybody i've like seen and respect and stuff like.
Speaker 3: That Uh.
Speaker 1: Man my favorite linebacker coach probably coach Ko Kirk. Alvin he was my first one In. Washington Uh and what what you? Like what makes for you a good? COACH a dude who keeps you? Engaged, ends, man you got to be able to relate to a lot of different. PERSONALITIES i think you have to be flexible when being with, guys LIKE i was actually listening to Coach bowing a podcast not too long he.
Speaker 2: WAS i think he was on was It walk The? Line the one out Of? Chicago do you guys know a Barstool chicago, Podcast like is one of Their walk The?
Speaker 1: LINE i know there's a Dog walk one, Too BUT i Coach bo Because bo came ON i want to, say In august and then he was In chicago not too long. Ago BUT i listened to that just to hear what they were talking, about because one of the idiot texts me, like, hey Coach bo loved.
Speaker 2: You SO i was like interested to see what he was talking.
Speaker 1: About BUT i remember listening to him, say, like you, know you could always coach Like, will for, example Like. Compton you can Ask compton LIKE i coached him that way because you could coach him that way and other players would see. It i'm listening to this for the first time thinking IF i had truly fucking known, that, YEAH i wouldn't have been so fearful around making mistakes sometimes as a. Player but like getting in that psyche of a coach saying, like you can coach this guy a certain way because he'll take it the right way in front of other players where other players might show up not and he doesn't know. That in his, mind he probably Thinks i'm taking it so, well but he didn't know. That i'm sitting there, like, Yeah i'm eating, it but at the same, time, like, fuck AM i fucking?
Speaker 2: Up like what CAN i do?
Speaker 1: Better cause SOMETIMES i would be out there playing to not make a, Mistake but hearing his, PERSPECTIVE i think that's WHAT i think that's what makes a good, coach being fluid with a lot of different being able to teach guys certain things and communicate different messages to different, guys communicating the same message differently to different guys because everybody handles it.
Speaker 3: DIFFERENTLY i do, think, though when you get to the point where your message is making people instead of when you make somebody scared to make a, MISTAKE i think you've gone down the wrong path because now they're thinking and so, like and not just for, sports but for, Anything, like you want people to be present in the moment and feeling free to do what they've learned how to. Do. Right but when you get people THINKING i better not make a, MISTAKE i feel like that's one hundred wrong place to be.
Speaker 1: Right but you can, see like in our little example with coach bo talking about me and the WAY i thought of it hearing that message compared to the way he's sitting there talking about the, message you just see that it was just a, miscommunication like a misthought of what happens when that goes down to where if you're able to hit on those things between coach, player you, know parent, kids stuff like, that like you eliminate a lot of those things because you, know, Oh i'm getting coached this way because it's more so an example for other, guys AND i shouldn't be reading into it like my psychotic ass was doing in bed at night hard NOT.
Speaker 3: I had a just watching film over and over like, me, like, man wasn't that? BAD i thought it was. Solid BUT i had a baseball coach in. College my baseball coach in college red line.
Speaker 1: Radio my, fault boys not walk the. Line it's red line. Radio shout out the boys out In. Chicago that's my. Mistake my college baseball, coach he's Just texas and he WAS i don't know if he would say things like. This he talked real.
Speaker 3: Slowly his name Was, slim and we, were you, know we played In San, Antonio, texas and we were planning against his team one. Week he, goes all, right, boys got, Around now this is a different. Team we're not used to playing a team WITH. Hm he goes with, Uh and as soon as he, pauses we're all, like and he, goes let's just say they got a lot of skill. Players AND i was, Like, god he was the most casually racist, dude and we were all, like come, On slim. Leg he was, like their skill, players we don't have any skill, players so we don't have. Any just on, you. Guys he would tell us straight, up we don't we don't have any Skill fucking this guy but not a good, coach because his message was all over the. Place we had a coach, Also Jeff. Brown. YO i could be one hundred percent, wrong But i'm. Not he played linebacker With jack Del rio AT. Usc he was all or catcher in The dodgers farm system When piazza was. THERE i believe he was ahead Of, piazza but he got in a car. Crash he crushed both of his, feet you, know all those little bones in, there and they. Never he ended up gaining weight and he could. Never he was an intense, dude but, big and he would me. Ander this is the best Heckle i've ever heard anyone give a. Coach he's man and he by the, way he had benched. Me he benched me a lot of. Times he didn't like he was, like he was, like there's no room to be. Funny i'm, like what do you think this is the baseball. Bench this we're supposed to be, funny you. Know, yeah he didn't like me fucking around too. Much but AND i had really long, hair which he. Hated opposing players called me, share which was funny BECAUSE i had this big jew froze sticking out the back of My. Yeah but he was meandering out to the mound one game and somebody from the other stance stood up and, goes, hey sit, down, coach your fries aren't ready. Yet AND i was, like oh, no BECAUSE i KNEW i was gonna be the other person who's gonna, laugh BECAUSE i had already been. Benched, Yeah and SO i started laugh and he came back and he sat down on the bench and he looked down at all of, us and he, GOES i don't know why you're not. Laughing that's the funniest fucking Thing i've ever. HEARD i was, like, thanks. COACH i was, like not. YOU i was, like got. It, yeah you did not like, me but but code for, Me like he made people, scared not, me BECAUSE i was never like this just seem like he's gonna punch you or anything like m but you could see people their. Abilities it was. Harder they were. Tense they would go into the, box not shoulders, down but shoulders, up like they were already thinking about what he might. Say, right that's gonna be a tough, right you know WHAT i?
Speaker 1: Mean oh, yeah, YEAH i mean if you have if fear is a factor in while you're playing and trying to, perform like you're you're already at a. Disadvantage, yeah because you're. Not you're not playing with, freedom you're not playing with like the belief in. Yourself you're not playing with none that you're thinking about what it's going to be like IF i mess, Up like what IF i strike? Out, like, MAN i HOPE i don't strike, out or, man you, know If i'm thinking about, what uh my examples is, like, MAN i HOPE i don't miss this open field. TACKLE i HOPE i don't miss this. Tackle and what you grow to learn and understand in like sports psychology and psychology in, general is that like thinking all those, things that's what you're gonna manifest because you're, playing you're playing, scared you're playing in, fear and instead of playing like you, know if you do miss, it it happens forgiving it moving on to the next, play like having that goldfish memory is TED lassa.
Speaker 2: Would, say we'll, see we'll.
Speaker 3: See when you're coaching your six year old soccer, TEAM i come, on, ladies get your come, on lady buns my. Ass let's go.
Speaker 2: Take it away.
Speaker 3: Too.
Speaker 2: Seriously, yeah for.
Speaker 3: SURE i had a bunch of those. FATHERS i coached my kids baseball.
Speaker 2: Teams all the dads.
Speaker 5: Do.
Speaker 3: Man we had one, kid one guy show up in those short gym coach shorts all the, time all the. Time there was one time he said all the, time all the, time. Dude there was one time he was Squat he would watch the game from the from the like the third base, side squatting like in a catcher's, position or one leg up and one day his, kid his kid got hurt on the. Field they ran out to tell him to get, up And i'm out there and we won't say, This we'll just call him Mister. Jenkins he was out there and he was squatting down and he's, like come, on you got to get. Up your you got to get. Up and you know the, kid they're, kids they're nine years. Old they're gathered around AND i just hear a kid from over my shoulder, go Mister, jenkins your penis is.
Speaker 2: Out was just another penis was like the penis joked in the.
Speaker 3: Pod. YEAH i was, like oh, no this isn't a. Joke this is real. Life that kid is gonna have. ME i was, like, hey, dude he's, right, yeah, yeah, yeah you're.
Speaker 2: Penis your dick's.
Speaker 3: Out. Man the baby birds out of The. Newes that's h that's a good.
Speaker 1: Just bringing it all the way back around. There let's go Nice, well, buddy, BRO i appreciate you coming on. Man december, fifteenth go look the boy up.
Speaker 3: At at Zay. Andy's you, know there was rumors that you were going to do some stand. Up did you guys hear? That did you hear THE i brought it. UP i told him there was rumors that he was gotta do SOME i got nervous immediately when we had. That you, Know Steve burns also been trying to get me to come over and do stuff as.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah it makes no sense why you WOULDN'T i agree with. YOU i think it's it's the fear element THAT i ultimately need to get. Over, yeah like, what BUT i do agree with. You, Yeah And i've been. Writing i've been writing some subjects out of my notes now to. See oh, Yeah i've, been you, know, dabbling dudeling a little.
Speaker 3: Bit ye wait to. SEE i, mean it's gotta be a ton of fun because you know what happens on my. Show you do stand up for the first Time i've been to your. Show, yeah and then me And steve take you in the back room and re rewrite your set and send you back on stage with new. Jokes you guys are out there with me, too out there with. You it's like training. Wheels.
Speaker 2: MAN i KNOW i know what you. MEAN i do agree with.
Speaker 3: You. Guys like it's like you, said being a pusky that's. IT i, MEAN i wouldn't say that to your, face But steve said. It he called, You, no we got to figure something. Out, yeah it seems like could be.
Speaker 1: Fun i'm already nervous thinking about it because people want us to do like a live positive And i'm, like, man it's. Different like we're we're on the bus right, now we got the. Boys like it's just it's a different. Element but it's so much, fun.
Speaker 3: Man and then it will open up a part of your brain that you didn't know was.
Speaker 2: There it just.
Speaker 3: Will it's fight or flight in front of a lot of, people, Right it's fight or, flight.
Speaker 1: Man and so you don't got some go tos and you're just standing up there. Sweating Well i'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Pay i'm. Out i'm literally just walking. Out you, Know, hey thank. Everybody what you? Know Kevin, Plans oh, yeah, yeah, yeah they're Doing they're doing a live show In. April, right he's done stand up on my show In New york. BEFORE i was, like just come do some standard and he was like He's he was like, What, like you're so comfortable talking in front of? People he did, Great like this is all it. Is just just think that you're talking to these dudes sixth grade. TIMES i freeze up with them, boys, Dude, yeah that's, right and bring one of the next time one of these guys will get on. Us which one of these guys would be the best? Comedian mm hmmmm. HM i don't, know, Man i'd be better than. You oh that's how that is.
Speaker 1: Right he's. Smart he knows what he's. Doing i've seen him when cameras come. On he freezes a little.
Speaker 3: Bit lives better than. Cameras so you you you think you can stand up? Already? Yeah also you can do. It yeah he.
Speaker 1: Did he bab he called he just called you a pussy and he SAID i could do it better than. You, yeah but he just said he wouldn't do end. Up you guys are boltring a gas like.
Speaker 3: That's more situational. Funny, YEAH i appreciate you coming, on. Dude this is. Awesome this has been.
Speaker 2: Awesome