Speaker 1: I am all in again. Oh Let's kiss you.
Speaker 2: Gilmore Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: Hello everybody, we have some exciting news. Our very own David Galski has been nominated for an Emmy.
Speaker 1: Literally eight thirty this morning, it started. It took really a long time. I'm not gonna lie to get through all of them. And then not only did he get nominated, but the show got nominated. Kristen Bell got nominated. I'm pretty sure I'm checking right now, but I know Adam got nominated. So Adam Brody, we love our Brody trying we really see we do. I know he's really having such a moment.
Speaker 3: He's the best.
Speaker 1: He has always been in a moment because he was a moment on Gilmore, he was in a moment when he was on the OC. Now he's having a moment again.
Speaker 3: He's always the moment. He is the moment when he's on TV. I don't I can't recall a time where he's been on TV where I'm not like, wow, Adam Brody, kudos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm trying to see quickly and we're doing this in real time because guys. We literally started recording minutes after they did all the nominations. If any there's another tie into Gilmore Girls, but I think.
Speaker 3: Maybe Jackie while we're doing this, if you want to just check, Oh, Jackie says Kristen Bell is nominated, so just yeah.
Speaker 1: But she's not on Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 3: But and she's checking the list right now, and she's gonna let us know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm doing my quick scan a lot of my favorites. One of your favorites, Sterling from This is Us got nominated for Paradise. James Marsden.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy they got nominated because that series was brilliant. It was brilliant.
Speaker 1: Paradise is oh good. So nobody wants this, but I think, I mean nobody wants this is very good. Do not get me wrong. It's very very good. But it's like a comedy, right, whereas Paradise is right?
Speaker 3: Whoa so drama? Yes, drama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got lots of twists and turns. Did I talk about the four seasons on this show? I can't remember. Well, the Tina Fey. I feel like I mentioned it for some reason. Weirdly, Coleman Domingo did because I remember I thought it was like I thought it was supposed to be so good, and then I was like, well, is it that good? And then I was disappointed in the ending. But Coleman Domingo got nominated, and he deserves it. He's always good.
Speaker 3: I hate that. The first thing I think about when you say four seasons is the hotel and all this series. I was like, you have not spoken about the four seasons.
Speaker 1: It's so good. Your favorite white Lotus got a lot of nominations. Menendez got a lot of nominations. Oh dying for sex?
Speaker 3: Did Patrick get nominated?
Speaker 1: Don't tell me who Patrick is because I'm total blanking. Oh Patrick Schwarzenegger. No, but my boy Walton Goggins. Did my boy Walton Goggins question? Also on Filmore Girls Adjacent, I wanted so badly to see Superman. But let me tell you what happened. So my big plan was I was going to see F one, then I was going to see Jurassic and then I was going to see Superman. But I went to stay on my swimmin.
Speaker 3: Did not happen.
Speaker 1: Because and here's why, guys. Well, first of all, I threw my back out while watching F one, which is just my neck, which is just embarrassing. I was contorted in a weird position. Menopausemanate at the end. Uh, that should really be the menopausemate number two. Friday, I think it was Friday afternoon. I went to sit in Jurassic got my icy, got my popcorn. The projector broke like six times. So I've been there for an hour and ten minutes and ten minutes into the movie and it broke again. So I finally was like, I'm gonna I'm gonna call it. So then Saturday I went back to Jurassic But I have not been able to see Superman yet, so has anybody seen it?
Speaker 3: What a buzzkill? It?
Speaker 1: Overdeed it the I mean, look, I live in a tiny little town with the fact that we have a movie theater in our town is legit. But yeah, but it's a little bit of an older situation over there. Although the seats not gonna lie. It has those comfortable, allegedly comfortable seats, but when I threw my neck out at F one, seats were not comfortable. I was like, I think I would have been more comfortable in just an old timey not trying so hard seat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Does anyone find those fancy seats to actually have too many pillows pushing your neck forward?
Speaker 3: Well, when never I'm in like a reclining sea to a theater, I'm like, oh, yes, I'm in a reclining seat, but there's something about it that like, halfway through my I don't want to recline anymore.
Speaker 1: And I'm not comfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I literally had to get up and move seats and not recline. I was not comfortable. I'm gonna have to try a different theater anyway, So I cannot report on Superman, but hopefully by next week I will have seen it.
Speaker 3: But you said F one was amazing.
Speaker 1: F one is really good.
Speaker 3: Like and how was the first hour of Jurassic.
Speaker 1: Well, I've gone back and seen the all of Jurassic okay, and it wasn't even the first hour. And I got ten minutes in because it broke so many times that we had to watch the previews like six times. I would just start again, start again, but I'd be so Yeah, they give you like a gift card or whatever a fake. It's not a gift card that makes it way too fancy. You've got like a piece of paper that said come back. Oh wait, Jackie is copra keen news that it's all got nominated and to hit the pause button on that what.
Speaker 4: Casting or cure Yes, Outstanding Choreography for Script.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nomination, interesting though not the only show that got canceled that got a nomination. So Uzzo Aduba you know from Orange is the new Blacker Love He got nominated and show got canceled even though that show was good. I don't It's called The Residents, remember, yeah, not the resident with the zukree, but.
Speaker 3: The the Residence. There wasn't Duba.
Speaker 1: Jason Lee, Julian Man. Oh my god? Another Gilmour tie in? You got god? There's so many?
Speaker 4: Second nomination for a twelve Outstanding for Cinematography for a Series one hour, So let me see if there's more there.
Speaker 1: So there's two so well, and Keiko's castmate Uzzo a Duba got nominated for the Residence. So we've got three Gilmore tie ins so far, got a lot.
Speaker 3: That's it for a twelve, But two is more than Gilmour Girls was nominated, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: How many? How many nominations has Gilmore Girls gotten in its lifetime for.
Speaker 1: An Emmy oh, I think it only got one.
Speaker 3: Right, so I'm saying a tall ar.
Speaker 1: Sorry, not good. Okay, So back in the day, what was Gilmore Girl's nomination? Yeah, Scott told us a million times. Gilmore Girls. It was for costumes. I think for one of those sort of uh you know when they were the okay.
Speaker 3: Outstanding Makeup for a Series nonprosthetic in two thousand and four.
Speaker 1: It was for that episode I think when they were the Art of Living whatever that was called.
Speaker 3: That was there one win for This doesn't list the episode.
Speaker 1: It was the Art of Living paintings or what do you know what I mean, you.
Speaker 3: Guys, a festival of Living arts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, thank you, Jackie.
Speaker 3: It's just insane that that was the only ever nomination they ever got. What in the.
Speaker 1: World anyway, So that's Emmy news for you. With a Gilmore Girl tie ins. You know, I also noticed I meant to send this to Emma because I really want to buy these. I noticed there's this new like, I don't know, how do you describe what that is? Can you guys see that?
Speaker 3: Oh, funko, funko, I need that.
Speaker 1: There's Gilmore Girl's Funko twenty fifth anniversary Gilmore Girl's figures. I'm going to send this to Emma because we need to buy these. So guys, we've got some more.
Speaker 3: You know, speaking of buying somebody on this. Zoom sent me the book, the Gilmore Girls Kids Book, and I've been reading it to my toddler for the last week and he saysed with it, literally obsessed with it.
Speaker 1: I have it here. I feel like the one question that.
Speaker 3: I have for you, Amy. And and because I was reading through it, there's like a black cat that shows up like four times, and I don't know, I don't remember that.
Speaker 1: I see that black cat, Like maybe that's just where the cinnamons cinnaymons in the different place.
Speaker 3: Well maybe on the first page. And cinnamon is cinnamon.
Speaker 1: Right, maybe that's just in the book.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just couldn't. I was like, we're.
Speaker 1: Weirduke is so good?
Speaker 3: Luke is really good?
Speaker 1: Is that Jets in there? Yes, Luke r.
Speaker 3: Ess was the only one that I kind of didn't like. But and then.
Speaker 1: But there's no Dean.
Speaker 3: There is there, Yeah, there is at Doc's.
Speaker 1: But there's no Zukree.
Speaker 3: Obviously I didn't see Zukeree, not that I remember.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, missus Kim. They need to know two of this.
Speaker 3: But I didn't get the cat. I'm like, why is the where did the.
Speaker 1: Cat just part of the book? Maybe it's maybe c.
Speaker 3: Paul Anka is cute, though Anka is real cute.
Speaker 1: Okay, what else do we have to talk about?
Speaker 3: Some exciting news about Kelly Bishop. She was added to the Firelight Event fan fest in Connecticut. Wait, no way, Emily Carrota, Shelley Cole, Heiress Alvarado, Katheen Wilholt, let me see Venessa Morano.
Speaker 1: It feels but it feels like we need to send someone. When is it?
Speaker 3: It's in October October seventeen tickets, Let's check. Let's see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's try and do like live live report live from the Starlight Festival. Which one is it?
Speaker 3: Firelight Event?
Speaker 1: Firelight same thing? By the way, sidebar, did you see that that nutty guy is selling fire Festival for on eBay?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? Like the rights to the festival.
Speaker 1: We started at like one dollar, but it's up to hundreds of thousands. I don't know if it's sold through yet. I haven't been following it in real time, but.
Speaker 3: There's a fun game that I would love to bring on. Oh, I'm ready producers to help us with because we haven't. We don't know the answers or how it all pans out. But there's a BuzzFeed article that says your food choices will reveal which Gilmer Girl's character you are. So I think it would be fun if if the both of us answered the questions and figured it out. So, Emma, Jackie, which one of you want to do it?
Speaker 5: I can take the lead.
Speaker 1: So I just am going to get the questions and I shall answer yep, yeah, and those at home can.
Speaker 3: Play along, and Jackie, you'll fill out my answers. Yeah, yeah, I'll fill out your.
Speaker 1: Do it okay.
Speaker 2: For burgers, the options are classic cheeseburger, bacon cheeseburger with extra pickles free, and caramelized onion on briosh.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's that's definitely suit key.
Speaker 2: Spicy fried chicken burger, and hamburger plum the hamburger, plain, hamburger.
Speaker 1: Oh plain, okay, plain, I'm going plain.
Speaker 3: I'm the cheese.
Speaker 1: I want the cheese, but I can't have cheese, so right, do I go with what I want or what I actually can eat?
Speaker 2: So for pizza, we have Margarita, pepperon meat, extra cheese.
Speaker 5: I can't read what that one says. Looks like a veggie few chicken and meat lovers.
Speaker 1: Barbecue chicken, no cheese. That's me.
Speaker 3: I like. I like Margarita, the one that Amy went Margarita.
Speaker 5: Pizza Okay, Pasta, spaghetti.
Speaker 2: Bolonaise alfredo Okay, pasto, spaghetti, meatballs and mac and cheese, mac and cheese, okay. Pick a breakfast, pop tart, pancakes, French toast, omelet classic, big breakfast.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go French Toast, even though I need my protein.
Speaker 3: Classics big breakfast like.
Speaker 1: Eggs, bacon and a pancake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: Sandwich salad deli, salad deli. Sorry, salad roll, salad salad roll like a veggies and then some meats on it.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's like a protein salad sandwich I'm assuming.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Then we've got a grilled cheese Turkey Club on sour dough.
Speaker 1: And Turkey Club. I feel like I might be Emily.
Speaker 3: I don't know who Turkey Club or Belt I'm gonna I'm.
Speaker 1: Going belt switch it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, blt, I get down with the.
Speaker 1: I hope that poor Emma has two phones going and is entering our answers at the same time.
Speaker 3: Okay, got it, that's that part.
Speaker 2: Pick a soup, chicken noodle, pumpkin, french, onion, potato leak, and tomato.
Speaker 1: I want potato leaf. I'm going chicken noodle. Choose a Mexican food was Danielle's soup Danielle.
Speaker 3: Miamas potato leak.
Speaker 1: Oh great, I hope this is fun for people listening.
Speaker 3: I think it is because they're answering to Okay.
Speaker 2: Good. Mexican food is burrito, nachos, enchiladas, tacos, quesadias.
Speaker 3: Tacos nachos.
Speaker 1: Whoa, it's young, young, and you.
Speaker 3: I love a nacho.
Speaker 5: Pick A type of chicken, chicken schnitzel.
Speaker 3: What's this say?
Speaker 2: Chicken wing, grilled chicken, chicken burger, and baked chicken.
Speaker 3: Girl, first of.
Speaker 1: All, grilled chicken, I think, yeah, grilled chicken.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Pick a type of dessert. How much longer there got more people at home? Okay?
Speaker 2: Pick a dessert chocolate chip cookie, Sunday York cheesecake.
Speaker 5: Brownie, apple pie cookie, picka drank.
Speaker 1: Wait to lose your audience in a podcast is playing.
Speaker 3: You're losing them. Let them go. Let them go. Keep going.
Speaker 1: The game that goes too long is always a problem.
Speaker 3: Keep going, Emma, I'm in it.
Speaker 2: I'm here, Chai, latte, coffee, wine, cola or beer?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 3: What m type of drink?
Speaker 1: I can only have water well with soda because I want soda.
Speaker 3: I'll click wine for me.
Speaker 1: What were they wine, coffee, soda, and beer? I mean I can't have any of those items, but fine soda water?
Speaker 5: Okay? Two more? This one is piorandom food fries, waffle, classic salad, sushi or hot.
Speaker 1: Dog fries fries.
Speaker 2: Last one, pick another random food popcorn, donuts, nuggets, croissant, fish and chips.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I'm gonna throw myself a curveball even though I want the popcorn.
Speaker 5: Okay, what was.
Speaker 1: Yours?
Speaker 3: Donut?
Speaker 1: Donut? You're Rory anyway, I'm like a blend. I think I'm everybody.
Speaker 4: All right. The answer, poor dad yell is Rory Gilmore.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who am I?
Speaker 5: Amy? You are also Rory Gilmore?
Speaker 3: Wait, didn't answer the same thing.
Speaker 1: This game doesn't work. Only thing worse than on a podcast of a game going too long is a game with a dumb ending.
Speaker 3: We have literally maybe answered only to the same.
Speaker 1: I hope the menopause minute pregnancy minute is good today because the people that have stayed with us this long are really gonna need something to help them out.
Speaker 3: Clearly, Rory is pregnant and going through menopause.
Speaker 1: My problem with the Menopause Minute is I gave it away. It's kind of my back going out from sitting sitting in a movie theater and it's still out. It's been how It's like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Anyway, all right, let's move on. Lucy Lee replaces John Hamm as the voice of Mercedes Benz. Wow, John can't do everything.
Speaker 1: Oh John Hamm was a great voice for Mercedes. Okay, how often does this happen to you? There's like a commercial and you're completely distracted because you're like, I know that voice? Who is that person?
Speaker 3: Uh? Yeah? The Lincoln commercials with what's his freaking face?
Speaker 1: Will Arnette?
Speaker 3: No McConaughey.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I have to go to the old Google and go.
Speaker 3: What IS's first name?
Speaker 1: Matthew?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: I can't believe I got that. Who is the voice of GMC? And then it's like Will Arnette.
Speaker 3: The Lincoln commercials and Matthew McConaughey are just too good.
Speaker 1: Joy John Han but Lucy Lou good gig for her. It's probably a mill for more.
Speaker 3: Be the voice of rain Drover. Come on, sign us up.
Speaker 1: Range Rover has that guy that's familiar. I feel like he's like his name is Jamie Actor in the range Rover commercial. I think his name is THEO James.
Speaker 3: Sorry, THEO James.
Speaker 1: I have a James, right.
Speaker 3: I love THEO James. What is he from? He is from that Shyleen Woodley Series's divergent?
Speaker 1: Is it divers like Battlestar Galactic?
Speaker 3: Was it divergent? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Diverrgin. He also was in White Lotus.
Speaker 3: He was in White Lotus. He's really good at White Lotus. Well, there's two big there's two big podcasts that dropped that we.
Speaker 1: And here's what I think. I think we only have time to get one nugget and next week we'll get more. So, okay, Danielle'll explain.
Speaker 3: Do you want me to just pick one more?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: So, we had two big podcasts. One had the Palladinos, right Amy Sherman Palladino and Dan Palladino, and another had who was the guest on the other one?
Speaker 3: I shot the gun brothers, the Gun brothers.
Speaker 1: So Jackie listened to one and Emma listened to one. Give us the best Gilmore thing from each of them.
Speaker 4: I can give you one from the Palladinos.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 4: When they asked about more Gilmore girls, they said, it's always in them. But the reason they did the revival was because of Ed Herman.
Speaker 1: Passing, so that was the main reason.
Speaker 4: And coincidentally all of them had time off in February, so it magically happened. And so it wasn't a no, it's always open for more.
Speaker 1: But that's just what they always said.
Speaker 3: I hate that tease, but that is I mean that is about Ed.
Speaker 1: Would be fine. Yeah, it's good. I can give you one more that I thought was good.
Speaker 4: Please do please do it so you know how we already you know that she pitched it with like one sentence, the Gilmore Girls, and then she got the.
Speaker 2: Show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she pitches one sentence. And then she didn't know that it was going to be in Connecticut. It wasn't until she went to go visit because they wanted to go visit Mark Twain's house to get decorated inspiration for their own home.
Speaker 1: And they went to a bed and breakfast.
Speaker 4: And the concierge there was French, and they went to a diner and people were talking about give me more coffee, and they'd walk behind the counter and get more coffee themselves. And then there was these signs for Pumpkin Patch festival and stuff. And they thought this town is like straight out of you know, casting, or a straight out of a lot in Hollywood. So they because of they wanted decoration inspiration of Mark Twain's house for their own house.
Speaker 1: They found it to be in Connecticut.
Speaker 3: All right. Well, next podcast up from my from Our iHeart Family Sibling Revelry with Kate Hudson and Oliver Hudson had had the James Gun Brothers, The Gun Brothers with James and Sean. So Emma, what was the best in Superman?
Speaker 1: Probably inspiration? But was there any Gilmore Girls news?
Speaker 5: There is, unfortunately no Gilmore Girls nothing.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna need to tell Kate and Oliver how did they miss that opening?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: So they didn't talk Gillmore Girls at all? That is wild? Okay, Well, listen anyway, listen anyway, listen anyway, listen if you want to coming soon. I think this was a good, good podcast we've done let's you know, boring in the middle.
Speaker 3: Amy doesn't even want me to do the last one.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do, Yes, I do, Yes, I do. I just want the people to I just know we care about them.
Speaker 3: This one, Okay, you're gonna have to hang in here with me and really really exercise the menopause brain to stick here.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, Right, So it's this article from screen rant and it's the caption is it's taken me twenty three years to realize how tragic one Gilmore Girl's moment really is.
Speaker 1: Oh lord, Okay, that was a good tease. This would have been something we should have teased at the top of the show.
Speaker 3: Okay, we can always reorder.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, no, keep it going. Those that are with us are going to get a nugget here at the end. Okay.
Speaker 3: As we all know, Lorli got pregnant sixteen, right, So she did not graduate high school, and so you know, later on we find out that, you know, she's going back to school and she has her graduation In Gelmer Girl season two, she finally graduates and all she wants is for Rory to be there.
Speaker 1: That was like night school, though I thought that was like her business degree. That wasn't it is?
Speaker 3: It is, but she's graduating, right, so she's like actually graduating, And so in that episode, Rory's in New York and she takes the wrong bus. Hology is the graduation. Luralyai's graduation is sad, not just because Rory, the only person she wanted there, wasn't there, but also because it was a very meaningful moment for Lorlai, Emily, and Richard. So Richard, as we all know, he wasn't the most expressive man, but during that graduation he was very outwardly proud of Lore. And Emily always presents herself as a strong and you know, in control woman, but at that moment she also was emotional and despite like you know, all their problems and whatever. Lourdalai's graduation was a sad but important moment for the Gilmore girl's family, and Rory wasn't there, so it kind of mimicked what should have happened years ago when lor Lai should have graduated as a young team. Is what this person is saying.
Speaker 1: I get it, such a good start to a juicy thing that has fizzled in the end. So what are we just supposed to understand that Rory sucks.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it was the graduation, even though Lorla wanted Rory there more than anybody else, was really a moment for Laura, Emily and Richard.
Speaker 1: Yes, totally, That's why it was such good writing. But also, like, Rory sucks a lot throughout the series. Yeah, we know, I have another good Rory tidbit. It's oh good, okay, okay. So before they.
Speaker 4: Would always get complaints Amy and Dan that Rory wasn't have enough sex because it was in the time of Dawson's Creek and the OC, and Dan said defended it, saying he wanted to portray a young woman with different interests, especially given that her mom had gotten.
Speaker 3: Pregnant sixty Yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: So that was interesting because it was in that era of the WB of like, you know, Dawson's Creek Happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: And Amy almost told that, almost told them, you know, if you don't want me before the episode, before the pilot aired, Amy almost quit because she kept getting network notes.
Speaker 1: Oh juicy, all right, wait, that was good for the end. Yeah, that was good, good good.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, that was your news for the day, everybody, And don't forget follow us on Instagram at i Am all In Podcast, and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.