Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Ketty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Hetty.
Speaker 3: Are you saying that Americans could see empty store shelves?
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm not saying that. I'm just saying they don't need to have thirty dollars. They can have three. They don't need to have two hundred and fifty pencils, they can have five.
Speaker 2: That's the odd political messaging.
Speaker 4: It is the you have too many pencils message. Like we said earlier, come on, be honest with yourself. If Barack Obama or Joe Biden had lectured you you have too many pencils, your kids have too many toys, how would you have liked that? I just I don't understand why he's going with that angle. If he wants to go at the angle that we're in a tariff for, it's gonna be painful for a while. Things could be more expensive, shelves might be a little bear, but it'll turn around. We just need to stick it out. I think he'd be in much better shape than you have too many pencils?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, Or if he'd even let's put putting aside the oddness of using pencils of toys instead of all saying the reason your kids have so many toys and they're so cheap is because we've been doing these unfair trade deals with China and they're getting rich and we're flooded with cheap goods, which has been kind of cool. But we can't give away America's manufacturing base. So yeah, things are gonna be a little more expensive, but we're not gonna be enriching the communist Chinese. I would be happy to be a spokesman. I mean, I think that have been really effective messaging.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little Johnny with his two hundred and fifty pencils, you spoiled brat.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, he like writes one word and throws each pencil away. He's so pencil rich.
Speaker 4: By the way, it's the Department of Homeland Security that will pay for booting out the illegals. That's this is breaking news. We had last hour, thousand dollars stipend to illegals who self deport plane tickets and one thousand dollars, so we'll fly you out, give you a thousand bucks.
Speaker 2: Just get get upgrade to first class, get a meal, you're way back to wherever you're going. See if this actually happens or how well it works.
Speaker 4: He also late in the day said he's going to reopen Alcatraz for the illegals.
Speaker 2: So and announced a teriff via truth Social on movies that are made outside of the US. I don't even know what that means exactly, tariff on foreign made movies. This. You know, Look, there's a lot of stuff he's doing. This great restructuring trade deals, fine, especially with China, absolutely necessary, got it, But one guy being able to just announce this sort of thing or call it off or say he was kidding it. There's gonna be a Democrat in the White House. We don't want him doing this.
Speaker 4: Man, people too chaotic, people still jump at the bait. So like the whole Alcatraz thing, I thought it was interesting. I was watching a bunch of news coverage this morning. Everybody took the Alcatraz thing one hundred percent seriously, talked about how difficult it would be to do, and maybe it's not legal and everything. I watched Fox and Friends and they said, of course he's not going to do that. What he's just trying to I mean they dismissed it that quickly. Yeah, they didn't even not even another breath about it. He's just trying to draw attention to the courts trying to stop him from booting out illegals. So it's the whole to take him seriously or literally. Thing continues to be a thing, and the same thing on the third term situation, Trump running for a third term, Well, let's play the clip. He did meet the press for the third time in one hundred and five days. Trump did meet the press, Yes, which is beautiful transparency.
Speaker 2: I mean, we ought to require that not meet the press necessarily because Kristen Welker is obnoxious. But the idea that a president subjects himself to questioning by a hostile source repeatedly, that ought to be a model going forward. It's fantastic. I feel like this is trolling, but we'll discuss that afterwards.
Speaker 3: The Trump organization is selling hats that say Trump twenty twenty eight. Yeah, are you seriously considering a third term, mister president, even though it's prohibited by the constitution? Or is this about staying politically viable.
Speaker 1: I will say this, so many people want me to do it. I have never had requests so strong as that. But it's something that, to the best of my knowledge, you're not allowed to do. I don't know if that's constitutional, that they're not allowing you to do it or anything else. But there are many people selling the twenty twenty eight hat.
Speaker 2: But this is not something I'm looking to do.
Speaker 1: I'm looking to have four great years and turn it over to somebody, ideally a great Republican, a great Republican to carry it forward. But I think we're gonna have four years, and I think four years there's plenty of time to do something really spectacular.
Speaker 2: And then he lays out were the headlines in the New York Times. Trump says, no, I'm cool for one Term's fine.
Speaker 4: Well, he got another news cycle out of it, Like, so it's a tough one, you gotta admit.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that's a tough one.
Speaker 4: Mark Alpernoi's writes in his newsletter that Trump is the most difficult person to cover in the history of journalism because he does jerk people around control. So what are you supposed to do if the sitting president says I'm going to run for a third term, are you supposed to say no, you're not and ignore it.
Speaker 2: That doesn't really make sense. You're right, you're right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean if Reagan or Obama or whoever had said it, of course you gotta make that the first question the next time you get to ask him anything. But with Trump, I feel like you gotta just ignore it and move on.
Speaker 2: Ask about the Terra War reminds me of when my kids were kid and I would make It was a game we played over and over again. I would make some extraordinary and ludicrous claim about, you know, something I'd done in my life or was gonna do whatever, and they'd say, Dad, and I say no, no, really, and they would grill me about it and try to catch me in the lie and whatever. And it was always fun and it was probably good for their minds, honestly. But Trump is doing that. Yeah, I might be running for a third term. Well it's unconstitutional, you can't. You can't do that, Or you say you're well that don't many people want me to dad, Dad, you can't run for a third term. I don't know. I'm looking into it.
Speaker 4: I just he's teasing, obviously to my mind, But again, what are you supposed to do? Ignore the sitting president saying you're going to defy the Constitution and run for a third.
Speaker 2: Term, right, and he's gonna move the Oval Office to Alcatraz. Okay, whatever can be stuck with this.
Speaker 4: The fact that they actually have the twenty twenty eight hats on his website.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's it's a troll.
Speaker 4: It's just I mean, the day four of trolling, the whole I'm gonna be Pope thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he keeps saying.
Speaker 4: Or his own site, they truthed out that AI image of him is the pope.
Speaker 2: You know. Back in the day, my daughter, when she was doing an internship, her her gig was to go through many, many, many news sources and find out which of that firm's clients were being mentioned in news accounts and in what ways. So that sort of thing exists. If I'm, you know, maga media guy, I'm checking to see how many places are talking about the Trump twenty twenty eight hats and how many people are talking about a third term the rest of it. And I'd say, yeah, we're still getting a fair amount of heat from this, and say, okay, put out a new edition of the hat. What the heck, let's keep the boiler going.
Speaker 4: So he does, that gets a lot of coverage, mentions Alcatraze gets a lot of coverage. And I wonder if that wasn't coordinated with Israel's announcement that they're going to go in and take over Gaza, because that would be the lead story. If it weren't for the couple of Trump big things that he popped off yesterday, that might absolutely be a coordinated effort.
Speaker 2: You know that. I would love to know that, just not because it like matters to the future of the Republic, but I would just like to know strategy wise, how they how they look at that sort of thing. I mean, that makes sense because this is a huge move by Israel. They've approved a plan to occupy Gaza and control aid distribution because the problem is and and look, there are people who need food in Gaza, no doubt, but when they allow aid in, it feeds and and and finance is Hamas who is At this point, there's small an enemy, and there's no damn two state solution coming down the pike, and there's not gonna be. And so they're trying to figure out, all right, how do we ensure our security and get these people fed without enriching Hamas, and they're essentially going to occupy the place and run it themselves. I was looking at some of the mainstream media coverage of it earlier today and the New York Times. It was funny. I don't know if this is intentional, just a quirk of the website, but I would look at the website and they had the videos. You don't need to click on them. They're just running like on the front page, as it were, of kids in Gaza clamoring for food. They'd go from site to site to site with kids holding their pans out begging for food, and every article I would read, it would bring me back to that video on the main page. No matter where I departed, like the main website from, it always brought me back to that video. And I wonder if that's intentional or not. But as I was watching it, it struck me that this is if Hamas had filmed this, I had a plan for ratcheting up sympathy for us and anger toward the damn Jews. They'd handle it exactly the way the New York Times did, right. I mean, it was like from central casting and as an after thought in the story, they throw in. By the way, Israel says, you know, everything be cool if they let the hostage. If I'm also let the hostages go. But anyway, in other news like no, no, no, wait a second, I got time, I got a minute. Let's talk about the hostages. Let's talk about why they're still being held. Let's talk about how many of them were killed while hostages. Let's talk about how many of them might still be alive. Let's go ahead and talk about that. Don't just tack that on in paragraphs seventeen and move on like it's an afterthought.
Speaker 4: Come on, Oh, one more thing about the whole pope delio, So the conclave starts.
Speaker 2: I guess I did this.
Speaker 4: Had the story from Kim Commando last week about the just unbelievable over the top.
Speaker 2: Security that they've got there.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's really impressive censors and and signal jammers and everything like that to make sure this stays secret.
Speaker 2: Somebody rohans and lead curtains.
Speaker 4: Yes, crazy, somebody texted and I think very appropriately, it'd have been nice if they to put anywhere close to this kind of effort into stopping priests from raping kids over and over again for decades and lying about it. Yeah, I mean I've been moving the priests around. I am pro Catholic church on all and all kinds of different things. But that is just unconscionable, and they haven't even come close to owning that, in my opinion. I mean, that's a really good point. Boy, we wouldn't want it to leak out ten minutes early who the pope is. But w' move around a pedophile priest and hide it from you and look you in the face and say your kids safe here at our church.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's rough, man, That is rough. Power corrupts and bureaucracies protect themselves. It's all you have to know. And just be on the guard against that. Always. Don't be a naive sap no matter how you know auspicious an organization ought to be. Power corrupts and bureaucracies protect themselves. Yeah, at the cost of children's souls. It's despicable. Oh, on a much lighter note than that, lighter than childbread. Okay, yes, yes, considerably. Evidently everybody involved in the Conclave has actually seen the movie Conclave or is very very aware of it, and they talk about it all the time. Oh really, I haven't seen it. I should. Yeah, Oscar Winner. I can't remember what Oscar, but it's supposed to be really really good. Brutal politics and who gets to be Pope?
Speaker 4: Speaking of movies, I watched two movies over the weekend in my dB and one in the theater that I would like to talk to dB my death bed, ah, because I am. I think I'm not long for this world. Have been sick for a month now you'll be missed. I'm a weak weak man. But that and other stuff on the way state here.
Speaker 2: Next is a pardon for author JK.
Speaker 4: Rowling Jackie Kaki Rally without Jackie, you know, she created a whole wizarding world, a wonderful.
Speaker 2: Place for overweight.
Speaker 5: Millennials to stake their entire identity.
Speaker 2: Well past the point of it being cute. I'm a hufflepuff. No, you work in staples. Let's keep it moving, let's go. It's a little, a little uncomfortable. Uh yeah, but a good point, well well past the point of being cute.
Speaker 4: I like to one of the cast members, and they got a great cast now in sn L. But one of the cast members did his thing during the news bit about how he's not going to get the real idea. I'm just not doing it. And I got in all the paperwork this finally this weekend, submitted and I have an appointment, so I'm not going to get it by May seventh, but I'm not flying.
Speaker 2: Yet, so right well, speaking of JK. Rowling, interestingly enough, I just saw she tweeted this article that Scotland's top social worker is accusing the bosses of that agency of causing quote untold harm by abandoning child protection principles so they didn't have to stand up against the radical gender ideology. She's coming out and proud now and saying we have sacrificed children of this bizarre ideology. More on that another time, but speaking of Trump, and we were talking about is an interview with Kristen Welker, and you know, the will you follow the Constitution stuff we talked about at fair length in hour two the beginning of our two. Not to repeat ourselves, but she was trying to trap him and he could have answered the question a little better. But the question of will you follow the constitution? Give all these people a fair hearing, blah blah blah because of due process. I was just helping my daughter study for her constitutional law final in law school, and the question of who gets due process in what way and what the process is and blah blah blah. That's the stuff lawyers argue about unendingly. So the idea like it's a yes or no question. He answered wrong, just dishonest. He knew she was trying to trap him. He was evasive when he didn't need to be. But anyway, and the other thing we referred to a couple of times, kind of vaguely, is Howard Lutnick's piece. Is it Lutnik or Besant? Besant in the Wall Street Journal? I said Lutnik earlier. I apologize, But he was talking about Trump's three steps to economic growth, and the first is renegotiating global trade. I'm quoting. Now, Tariffs are an effective tool for balancing international commerce. They reduce trade barriers in other countries. No, they don't, unless you mean they cause other countries to go ahead and lower them themselves in return for US lowering ours again opening more markets to American producers, while also bringing back thousands of manufacturing jobs. So that would suggest that a lot of the tariff stuff is just it's bluster, its threats saying, look, you got to come to the table and do better, or we're going to tear a few. But it's not a permanent plan. It's not a long term plan. And he talked about COVID exposing vulnerabilities and the supply chain and the risk of relying on other countries for critical stuff. Absolutely true. And then he actually gets into making the twenty seventeen Tax Cut and Jobs Act permanent, which I appreciate. Great Idea, goes into no tax on tips, overtime, social Security, some of which strike me as somewhat wacky. Then he goes hard at and I wish this had been, you know, more of a priority sooner. But I also need to remind myself it's only May of year one of the term deregulating the economy, rewakening our industrial capacity and raising employment and wages through decreasing the horrific burden a red tape on American industry that I love.
Speaker 4: Great Idea saw eighty percent of Americans want the Trump tax cuts to be renewed. Eighty percent of the rich jack the rich want that. That's what I hear. It's the rich, and that must not be the way most Americans interpreted those tax cuts, even though mainstream media told them every day it was just a you know, a sop to the ridge.
Speaker 2: Well, they saw it on their w two eighty percent are strong and getty.
Speaker 6: We have no reliable heroes, and yet we still need protection. Witness Convincible, stronger than all of the Avengers rolled into one, and soon to be known as Earth's mightiest hero.
Speaker 2: Why would a god take orders from anyone at all? Maybe I need to show you what I'm capable of. Country's gone off the rails and he's dangerous. The Avengers, you're gone. No one is coming to save today. Be the people that are coming wait us? Yeah? Are you why? You got someplace to be? I love that guy.
Speaker 4: So that's the New Avengers and the New Avengers. It's called Thunderbolts. I watched it on Friday night with my son. Thought it was absolutely fantastic. I know a lot of you don't watch Marvel movies unless you've gone with your kids. That's how I ended up into it. I'd never seen one in my life. I remember old producer Sean would come in and say that there's a new Captain America this weekend. I think, dude, what are you doing going to Captain America. You're thirty eight years old.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 4: I had never seen any the movies, but my kids liked him, and some of them are really good. Many of them are horrible. Went to Captain America like a month ago as one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It was just so freaking stupid. They've trailed off badly last couple of years. Boy, the critics who are saying It's reinvented itself with this one, they're absolutely right.
Speaker 2: Thunderbolts.
Speaker 4: And the only reason I bring it up, really is I thought it was It's basically the if you're a film buff, seven Samurai or the American version, the Magnificent Seven. It's a group of people who, you know, they wish they hadn't made the decisions they made in their lives, and they find themselves, you know, not feeling so great about themselves, are feeling pointless, and they decide, hey, helping other people and doing the right thing feels really good and working together as opposed to alone. And I thought it was a fantastic theme all the way around. And then the bad guy and figure it's also hilarious. It's by far the funniest Marvel movie. But I mean freaking hilarious all the way through. Just I laughed so hard. I'd like to see it again because I missed a lot of the jokes. They came so fast. None of us can fly. All we do is punch and shoot.
Speaker 2: What is this.
Speaker 4: But the guy who suffered from depression, who became the bad guy? Briefly, my son whispered to me during the movie, he said, this is the best version of depression I've ever seen in any TV show where movie, which I thought was really something, And we talked about that a lot afterwards.
Speaker 2: So maybe that would strike your fancy. Just that the way to portray that does not sound like mindless, idiotic people punching each other entertainment.
Speaker 4: Such a different theme way, more adult relationship themes, not like in a sexy way or anything like that, just like adult themes of you know, a parent and kid and working all that out and depression and stuff like that. I thought it was fantastic. At the end of the movie. I don't know if I've ever I think I've done this one other time in my life. A bunch of us just spontaneously clapped. I've never clapped at a movie I don't think before my life and I clapped at a Marvel movie.
Speaker 2: I thought it was that good. But so that's enough of that. You'll either see it or you won't.
Speaker 4: But the other movie that I watched over the weekend in my deathbed, sick, and I don't remember what turned me on to it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know what.
Speaker 4: I was listening to the National Review podcast that I do every week, and Charles c to be a Cook, who I love, said, if you've never seen The Bunker with Anthony Hopkins from nineteen eighty two, it's the best of those kind of movies ever made. And I had never seen it. And so we're a lot of this stuff is playing right now.
Speaker 2: The Bunkers about Carol O'Connor and Maureen Stapleton making all in the family right, they closed the bar and it's the end of the show.
Speaker 4: No, we're on the eightieth anniversary right now of the fall of Berlin and the end of World War Two in Europe, so they're rerunning all kinds of World War two movies and that sort of stuff, including this one The Bunker, which everybody keeps asking me, where did you watch it? I watched it on YouTube and unimpen anything for it.
Speaker 2: It was there.
Speaker 4: I don't know how this movie slipped by without being like a movie that people talk about all the time. It must have been one of those deals where it came out the same year as something else, or there were a whole bunch of World War two movies that it got buried. But Anthony Hopkins should have absolutely won an Oscar for this. It's the best portrayal of Hitler I've ever seen. His having the mannerisms of Hitler unreal, the amount of study he must have put into that.
Speaker 2: It's in English.
Speaker 4: I like that, so they do, you know, English with a German accent, which is kind of silly but also much easier to deal with than having actual German. And I read the subtitles. Sure yeah, but when he would lose his s he looked just like all those black and white films you've ever seen of Hitler, waving his arms around and jerking his head around and everything like that.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 4: The main takeaway though, even though I knew this stuff, and I know everybody listening right now, if you're a dude, you probably are into World War Two and you've probably watched or read more about World War Two than anybody needs to, so none of this is new news to you.
Speaker 2: As John Mlaney said, everybody's dad seems to be studying for some World War II exam that's coming down the line. And this is just like the final week in the Bunker.
Speaker 4: And even though I knew all this stuff, I'd never seen it portrayed in such a way of how crazy that was, And a lot of it reminded me of today's weird cult of personality and people too smart for their own good who are insane and don't even know it.
Speaker 2: That last week or so, the commitment to.
Speaker 4: Hitler, even though it was over, the Russians were closing in from one side, the Brits and the Americans were closing in from the other side.
Speaker 2: It was inevitable.
Speaker 4: Everybody knew it, but they stuck with the plan and kept listening to this ranting madman who was just crazy, and some of them to the point of, like Gebels, he should be well known, more well known than he is. He had a and this fits in with so much what we see today. He had a PhD in literature and history, very very smart guy. When he he had like an insanely high q IQ or whatever. But he bought all that crap up until the moment that he and his wife murdered their six kids and then themselves. He had a chance to get out. He and his wife had a plan together. He called up his wife and said, I think now's the time she was out tied to Berlin, someone safe with their six beautiful little kids. She got the kids to the bunkers so they could kill them together, because they were that committed to their kids.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't have to live.
Speaker 4: In a world where Hitler isn't around, I mean, just not job stuff, and a whole bunch of people buying into that ideology. It's like the sort of thing we see now, the way this mania that makes no sense can spread to other intelligent people. It's just you just got to accept it as a fact the life that human beings are capable of it.
Speaker 2: And as I'm always saying, intelligence and wisdom are they they're you know, sometimes they go together, sometimes they do not at all, And sometimes ideology divorces intelligence from wisdom. You use your intelligence toward bizarre and you know, after the storm passes ends that you can't even describe why it seems like such a good idea at the time. It's madness, it really is. Yeah, that's that's crazy. By the way, as I'm clicking around while you're talking. It was a made for TV movie in nineteen eighty one. Oh my god, Anthony Hopkins won the Emmyable It is so good.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I'm aware of the other Bunker movie. I watched that one too, and raved about it when I watch it. That's the one that all the memes come from. Also a very very good movie. But man, Anthony Hopkins Hitler is something else. How human beings can get so far down the road of an ideology and stick with it in the face of all data coming at you. Yeah that it isn't working or it isn't right or whatever. It's just we should all be disturbed by this because we apparently we're all capable of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It occurs to me that as we learn more and more about the function the human brain, and they can put the sensors on and what was the study we talked about a couple of weeks ago. It was quite extraordinary. They could tell one feeling from another that were very, very subtly different. I can't remember the specifics, but the sophistication of that thing is increasing. I can picture at some point them doing a brain scan and saying, oh, he has his ideological madness center going. You can point out any facts you want. He won't process them. He'll deny the validity of anything that goes against his current ideology. And whether there'll be a medication or a beating or I don't know, some sort of detox program, you will realize, oh, that twenty one year old women's studies major cannot be reasoned with at this point. So there's no point in even trying. We need to do this instead.
Speaker 4: So that last week or so in the bunker is one of the more insane things that's ever happened in world history. I mean, when Ava Braun, his girlfriend at the time, moves all her stuff in.
Speaker 2: I mean, and this isn't the last days.
Speaker 4: The Russians are like three hundred meters from the bunker, right, and she moves in all her furniture and her clothes and her fine china so they can have tea parties ever afternoon and listen to music and dance.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's.
Speaker 4: Insane, Yeah, that these people are living like this and they got this story from the people that survived. They're like a handful of them that got out and were able to describe what it was like there in the last days they were there witnessing it. And you either everybody knew that if you could go west you got captured by the Brits or the Americans. You know, you're gonna get it, thrown in jail, get a trial, whatever, maybe service sentence, maybe you put the death depending on what you did.
Speaker 2: But if you went east.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be captured by the Russians, and if you're a woman, you'd be raped and shot.
Speaker 2: If you're a man, you'd just be shot.
Speaker 4: So, I mean that was a pretty stark difference, which you know, of the allies you surrendered to when they all knew it right well.
Speaker 2: And getting back to well, do you remember the name of the movie that launched all those memes. It's a very similar name. Yeah, it's Yeah, Reckoning or whatever. It is. One of the most famous scenes everybody's seen. It is when Hitler is pointing to the map and talking about Steiner Steineler with a steinel let well talking about Steiner, who was a general and his regiment would would intercede and defeat the Russians and push them back. Then they could reorganize. And that was when all the generals were standing around looking at each other like you tell them, you tell them, I'll tell them. Steiner got defeated. He's his men are scattered, He's got nothing unless he's gonna see your lie you have by your liars. I mean he would just lose Hiss then, right exactly, even though they're like yeah, yeah, Steiner and his guys are long gone, and yet still you had people following him in the face of that. That contrast that that that bizarre inability to see truth. They were with him in not seeing the truth that Steiner had been defeated and his men were scattered. Yeah, that is It makes you stop and think about humans.
Speaker 4: And then so there in the last couple of days, he orders Albert Spear, his architect, to go out and destroy all the German towns. I want them all destroyed, everything, the houses, the homes, everything, their own people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there should be no Germany if it's not the Third Ruk, and they don't deserve it, they don't deserve life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he betrayed me. They didn't fight hard. Enough, or they didn't fight at all, so I'm gonna kill all the Germans. And Spear's version of the story, which has since been challenged quite a bit, because of course, he like everybody else, when he was put on trial and then wrote a book he got out of prison. Actually he wrote a book. He he he painted a very rosy picture of the way he handled things that might not be completely accurate either, But he didn't carry out those plans, so it didn't happen, he claims. He told Hitler at the end, by the way, I didn't burn those villages or anything like that, And he says, a teary eyed Hitler looked at me as I walked out of the room. Nobody's sure if that happened or not. And that seems a little self ingrandizing.
Speaker 2: But people are so crazy.
Speaker 4: Human beings are capable of being so violently evilly crazy. Always have been, always will be.
Speaker 2: Ah, I'm glad you made that point, because anybody thinks, well, that was World War two, and that was the forties, and people were very different in the nineteen forties than they are in the modern world. You, my friend, are a fool. You can become not a fool anymore. So don't worry. It's not a death sentence. But you don't understand human nature doesn't change. The lunatics screaming on college campuses right now are those loyal Germans. Absolutely, They're the same people with the same thoughts, with the same little part of the brain lighting up that I hope science can figure out someday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's the orwell thing that the hardest thing to do is to see what's right in front of one's own face is apparently true.
Speaker 2: We'll finish strong next Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: The final mass marking the end of nine days of Morning for Pope Francis, who died last month in attendance. The cardinal electors will choose the next hope. But an ani generated image of President Trump as Pope has ignited a firestorm. The President posted that image on social media this weekend, and the White House reposted it. New York's Cardinal Timothy Dolan, who was a friend of Trump, said it was not great, lended a bad impression, and we hope the President had.
Speaker 2: Nothing to do with it. The fact that the White House twitter posted that picture of Trump as Pope is just we live in a different era. Yes, yes, what what what? What does the future look like? I don't know what. To what extent do we return to something resembling normalcy? Uh? And to what extent do we want to? Well?
Speaker 4: How long do you have to live in the current version of life before it is normalcy?
Speaker 2: I mean, well, yeah, right, yeah, I don't know. I mean, I'm fine with it. I don't care. I'm not offended. I don't think it will cause any trouble. No, it's just so nuts, I know. We'll do Let's let's post a picture of the president as the new pope.
Speaker 4: Now, uh Bill Crystal who used to be a conservative and is now a money grubbing uh phony who hates on Trump on Trump all day long. But he is a phony and just trying to find it forgot a way to get rich, I think anyway, he tweeted it JD Vance, Hey, Jdvan's you're a Catholic. How do you feel about your boss making a joke of the Pope? And JD Vance's response was I can handle humor, I can't handle lying us into a war that kills five thousand soldiers or whatever. Because Joe Crystal was so big into the Iraq Force. YEA thought that was a pretty good clap back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no kidding. So when you were talking about the Anthony Hopkins Hitler movie The Bunker, and originally we thought it was in nineteen eighty two, and I was trying to find some more information about it, and so I was looking at best movies nineteen eighty two. There are many people, Jack who consider nineteen eighty two to be the all time best year for movies. I didn't know that, which I hadn't realized either. Here's your top movies of nineteen eighty two. The King of Comedy. Yeah, good movie, Robert DeNiro, Jerry Lewis, Martin Scorsese movie on an amazing movie. Blade Runner is nineteen eighty two. Sophie's choice. Good Lord. If you're not already impressed, you ought to be. Then, on a lighter note, TOUTSI Tootsie, as I prefer to which I think of one best picture amaze, one selter Or probably started this whole office, and one that's right for his gender bending madness role. You got missing Victor, Victoria speaking of a Genlemann menace, Gandhi. Wow, what a year. The verdict forty eight hours e t the Extraterrestrial. Wow, that's spelling. When Hollywood made movies, they don't really anymore. For variety of star Trek rathakn.
Speaker 5: Con He got my SAGII out what they got through the fireworks? Final thoughts.
Speaker 2: I love that. Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 4: Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty Skeleton Crew today.
Speaker 2: But let's get a final thought from the few remaining here in the Armstrong and Getty bunker, starting with Jack Jack a final thought.
Speaker 4: Uh, I've been quite unhealthy now for almost a month, and I say this all the time. I don't even know what it means myself, but when you're feeling good, you should feel it's more precious or I'll hold it in greater esteem or something, because man, it goes away and everything sucks when you don't feel good.
Speaker 2: Everything. Yep. The healthy man has a thousand dreams. The sick man has one dream. Special guest final thought Mike Hanson. I am truly sorry to learn that you're on your deathbed.
Speaker 4: But Billy the backup and Joe have got this thing covered in the future.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, I'm dead. Everything will be fine. Sorry, Billy, very talented. My final thought also Conan the Barbarian in nineteen eighty two. What a year.
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 2: So many people, thanks so a little time, good Armstrong, getdy dot com a lot of great stuff there the hotlinks. Pick up some ang swag for your favorite Ang fan. Maybe it's you. Drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot. I saw Going In the Barbarian at a drive in theater. It was so dark you couldn't see anything. It was like a black screen for two hours, and you could have heard the dialogue. It would have been perfect. There he goes. It's it's really serious. They're locking up my toothcuts. The devil ain't gonna win. No, No, that's not what I was told. So everybody chills, shut up. Okay, okay, sorry, So let's go with a bang boy, got a smear goose lever on our chests to prevent pneumonia and the consumptions. Kill a bison and split spread the blood on her foreheads and dance around a tree. No, that's not a good idea that I note they saw very much. Armstrong and Getty