Speaker 1: Should we do some Housewives University? I think so okay. So I always think of Chara when I think of business because I just remember she by Charrette. I love Chara when she said, who go and check me boo? I fell in love I when they let her go. I always said to Andy, what the fuck? Why would you fire Charat I just have always found her to be wildly entertaining. So I don't know, Charae doesn't have a great business sense. She's smart, she's funny, she's entertaining. She's a great reality TV character. She doesn't realize but to her to her credit, like Sonya, in some cases, when you're on reality TV, you got to fucking fill the airtime and you need quote unquote storylines, and if you don't have enough going on, like you gotta kind of find things to go on. And also if you feel like the train is leaving the station and you're not on it, like people are making all this money which no one really was or is because of businesses like I'm going to describe. But you know, when you hear that I had the fastest going look, or Brandon History, or I was on the cover of Forms, you're gonna be like I need something.
Speaker 2: Jill used to call me and say I need something.
Speaker 1: Carol Radswell used to say I'm looking for white space, and I don't even know what that meant, but she meant like.
Speaker 2: Where there's It's just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: But so charre Uh hasn't had a lot of success in business that I like her, so I hate grading hurt. I'm like, I want to fairly grade her test. But I guess she had a book called Fiances and Side Chicks of Hot Lanta.
Speaker 2: That was a fiction book. So she published a book.
Speaker 1: Publishing a book alone is positive, but I don't think it was a big, big success and a big seller.
Speaker 2: It's not that easy to sell books. There have been very few housewives.
Speaker 1: That have been successful at selling books, and the timing is important. Brandy did well, Teresa did well with books. Listen Beyonce, I had Darian Jean's. I don't think they succeeded. Like you could be really famous and also not good at another thing or not hit it in everything.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Kim Gardashian had quick trim the diet pills. They had credit cards, they had hair extensions, they had tanning stuff, they had makeup. They've been in ten thousand businesses that failed, So even billionaires fail, Kylie Swim, we don't hear about that that often, So even billionaires fail.
Speaker 2: So it's okay.
Speaker 1: I'm not being negative if I say that Arre's had some fail businesses because she has chres not making a living at She Buy Charat her first fashion show. Uh had no fashion, there were no designs, so the samples were missing up until the day of the show. And she did have a twenty piece collection for the show, but you could tell it was being pulled together and it's pressure.
Speaker 2: Fourteen years later, she started she.
Speaker 1: Buy Charrat back up and it was live and the site crashed.
Speaker 2: I'm sure she said it was due to overwhelming use of the site.
Speaker 1: But like, I don't, I've I don't think that really happened. You know, that's something that's a great that would be something great to say, I don't think so. Now she's doing ath leisure wear, T shirts, hoodie's leggings, yoga mats, hats, and people say it's Sheen look alike clothing, which it probably is, but that doesn't mean it's not successful.
Speaker 2: You know, everything is everything.
Speaker 1: Every lipplus is the fucking same it's in a different package, So don't get it twisted. Everything is sheen like clothing. Everything is sheen like Lipplus. She could have sheen shit with her own tag. Everything's branding. There's no difference the really expensive shit and the cheap shit. For the most part, I'm finding and makeup and in many areas, so it doesn't matter if it's to look like clothing. I just don't get the sense that it's a massive success. She's probably making, you know, tens of thousands of dollars. She's not making hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Speaker 2: She's just not.
Speaker 1: I'm just I just I know too much about this and what the margins are, and she's not. But she might be making nice, good change on the floor during just sold mugs and sold T shirts, and she makes thousands of dollars on it, I know she does, But she's not making millions of dollars. She's not making hundreds of thousands of dollars. So and maybe sure we can make a hundred thousand dollars, that's still a lot of money. So we have to talk about what success is. But it's not a very successful, scalable business where I can find all these things that she's doing so well that like we can scale and somebody else can can do and she's gonna have, you know, a major, major brand. That's just what That's my own opinion based on what I'm seeing, and I don't know everything about it. She had a boutique, Bella Azula boutique from two thousand and three to two thousand and six. Kyle had a boutique. Nini had a boutique.
Speaker 2: It's a dog.
Speaker 1: It's a difficult, difficult thing, and she says she closed the shop to take care of her kids and focus on her clothing line.
Speaker 2: She buys Charee. It's twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Three online and direct a consumer. She's got a retail space, she got to pay that rent, she got to pay someone to be there. If she's not there, sounds like a shit show, nightmare. And it's definitely it's not a chain store by now, so that's been pretty much a failure.
Speaker 2: These are rumors.
Speaker 1: Allegedly she didn't pay corporate employment taxes to the state, and she owed sixty six, six hundred and forty seven dollars and twenty five cents to the state. A tax leam is filed against the corporation. You know, these are just not great clues. So it's a shit show to open a store.
Speaker 2: Not her fault. She tried. Like, I give her credit for trying.
Speaker 1: It's not easy to run a business, have a family beyond the show, and sometimes you got to be on the show and get paid to be on the show.
Speaker 2: It's hard to have a side hustle. It really is.
Speaker 1: My brand is not as strong when I'm doing that kind of television as when I'm not. I can't pay Baby's didn't pay attention much. Plus all these businesses suck. And then she's the executive producer of we TVs selling it into atl She pitched producer Carlos King, who I think I've met before, a show about African American real estate agents in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: I like that idea show is canceled. No season two.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've had many failed talk shows and shows season two. She got a show sold. I'm not going to call that a failure. She got a show sold, it was on the air. Maybe it wasn't great, but like that's not a failure because she did it, she got up, she did it, So I'm gonna give I give Sharrey a lot of credit for trying a lot of different businesses. I'm gonna give her a C minus, maybe a D plus because of getting to have those problems, I'll give it. So I'll give her a C minus for business. And this does not count getting on the Housewives and being good at that, because that brings everybody's score up, So her score would be, you know.
Speaker 2: A B plus or something.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna give her a C minus at Housewives University,