Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for being here on a Saturday.
Speaker 2: It's brook and Jeffrey and we've got your back to back classics right now, just a double dose of our second dates.
Speaker 1: Hey, and just a reminder you can always follow us. You can on socials.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say in person, I was going to say you love to pause there.
Speaker 1: I was going I needed new friends. Oh you want them to follow?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: At Brick and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: And if you're not already on YouTube, we'd love you to be over there as well. We do all sorts of videos throughout the week that you can see us and be disappointed in how we look. So again, it's at Brick and Jeffrey and your back to back classics start right now.
Speaker 4: On a dating app, how do you go from getting just one or two matches a month to having over fifty guys drooling begging you to marry them on the spot without changing a picture or telling a bold face. Lie, I want to marry It's not impossible because one of our listeners says it happened to her and all it took was adding three little numbers to her bio.
Speaker 1: Girls, don't give your number out.
Speaker 4: It's not Brooks total body count many more numbers than that.
Speaker 1: Just fine.
Speaker 4: You'll find out what it was when we do your second date update, next second date Update. We're always talking about how much trouble guys have standing out on the dating apps. We never really discussed the ladies and their struggles when they're online.
Speaker 5: They don't have struggles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course they do. They have to deal with you. What I say, I see that it's way worse.
Speaker 4: One of our listeners, Jossy, says that she's been trying for a bit till she finally figured out a dating hack that's worked for her, like a charm.
Speaker 1: Oh where she actually found like a quality person online.
Speaker 5: That's also different, maybe somebody looking for actual love.
Speaker 4: Well, she's gonna tell us about it so that Alexis can steal all the men. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hey guys, it's going on.
Speaker 1: We're interested in what's going on with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have our notepads out so we can figure out what this hack is. But I guess maybe you should start with the guy that it worked on. What's his name?
Speaker 6: His name is Sean?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, And so what's I mean? What is your problem with dating apps? Like, what do you struggle with.
Speaker 6: I've been on dating apps for about six months, and I've heard of all these girls getting like hundreds of messages, and fortunately I am definitely not one of those women. And I don't know why. You know, like, I'm not bad looking.
Speaker 5: Well, I can help with that. Why don't you just.
Speaker 1: Messages?
Speaker 4: She wasn't fishing for anything there. I think she was telling of the problem.
Speaker 2: But it does feel like maybe there's something about your profile that isn't clicking right for people, right?
Speaker 1: Is that what you were thinking?
Speaker 6: Yeah, there has to be something, because again, I don't think I'm like crazy bad looking or anything like. I do all the regular things. I put like what I like in my bio and everything.
Speaker 4: See, I can already see where you're messing up, boring.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 4: Yeah, guys want someone that seems like they're really at a low point in their life, struggling.
Speaker 5: This girl is hot and desperate.
Speaker 4: I can fix her.
Speaker 1: No, No, what did you change? You didn't add more desperation to your profile?
Speaker 5: Did you know I'm so thirsty?
Speaker 6: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Okay, God, what's your strategy?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 6: So I actually added to my profile my credit score?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: That's funny thing right now?
Speaker 9: Really?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's eight o four.
Speaker 4: Dang girl, that's your credit score?
Speaker 5: Girl, we're buying a house.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: It was out of eight hundred. What is a credit score.
Speaker 4: Out of I think it's like eight twenty. You're right, we're not the most funny. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing that Alexis doesn't put her credit score on her I don't know where to find mine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so what you you put eighty four in your profile? That's just what you said.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I put eight oh four and then I put gold Digger instead of gold Digger like g o A, that's funny. Yeah, I got people thought it was clever because, you know, after that, it worked, and I got tons of messages from all these guys who were literally ready to like marry me.
Speaker 5: I feel like you seem like you're immediately smart and driven.
Speaker 2: And despite what you two say, men do ready.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: So it sounds like Sean was one of the guys that reached out to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so he reached out to me and we were just chatting like it was super fun, you know, and we did talk about my credit score and he made a cute joke about it. And he was like, well, I said, you know, I hope just because I have an eight o four credit score, you're not assuming I'm paying for the date, are you?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 6: And he's like, no, you're paying for the first three.
Speaker 1: Oh that's funny, Okay, funny.
Speaker 5: I liked it. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Right, So he seems like clever and cute, So I'm like, why not go to drinks with him?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 1: What was it like when you met up with him?
Speaker 6: So I showed up a little late, I'm not gonna lie, which might have been, you know, not the best. But like once I got there, it was so nice and he was great, and we were getting along really well.
Speaker 2: Okay, he didn't seem put off by you being late, like what like fifteen twenty minutes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was like fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: He didn't seem like mad or anything at me. Okay, But the only thing was that, like we weren't as thirty as I was hoping, and like we did end up talking about like a lot of like budgeting and like, oh, it's.
Speaker 5: Like the opposite problem.
Speaker 1: Where did he come to me financial advice? Because you have your stuff together?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: Literally, that's what I felt like, And then I gave him a recommendation for a tax person. Oh he was so excited.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. All the hosts in the room around me are coming off like this is a bad thing. I think it's sex.
Speaker 1: See I didn't even think it was hot.
Speaker 6: Well we didn't kiss, so you know that also just kind of threw me off instead. You know, I just kind of gave him the tax guy's number, and it was like, can I okay? Thanks?
Speaker 5: So this guy sound you thought you were like a financial advisor.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 6: Like I feel like there could have been a spark if like we did change it up, yeah, moved on.
Speaker 2: I mean you can get stuck on the subject, you know, Like that's easy to I.
Speaker 5: Mean I can't stop thinking about my credit score right now too, now that we've brought it up.
Speaker 4: But is it possible that we may do you think maybe he like had the wrong intentions when he came into the date and just wanted that, and maybe he's not the right guy for you.
Speaker 6: I'm wondering because I texted him, I was like, had so much fun, like just like a follow up tax and now he's not even responding and it's been a week and a half.
Speaker 1: Have you talked to your tax person? Has he responded to him?
Speaker 6: I didn't check it on that, but I definitely should. That's a good call.
Speaker 4: Now that you've fixed him financially, we just have to fix romantically and get you guys on a second date. Okay, guys love to be fixed. That's what I yes.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I am taking notes.
Speaker 4: It's the perfect circle. We're gonna complete it when we do your second date update, next second date update. Do you find financial talk arousing?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, my mom is so excited right now?
Speaker 10: Oh no, my depreciating asset is in a class stock? Am I able to transfer the interest it incurs overseas?
Speaker 4: Penalty?
Speaker 1: People translate? He took a different economic economics class than I did.
Speaker 4: Think or are you more like Jose where every time he opens up his wallet it's like an onion and it makes him cry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm still going.
Speaker 4: Very depressing inside of that wallet.
Speaker 5: I will say when I opened my portfolio, I do cry like that.
Speaker 4: It is awful. But one of our listeners is wondering if she was used for her financial expertise because she posted her excellent credit score right there on her dating.
Speaker 1: App and it works got so many messages.
Speaker 4: Got her matched up with Sean, but instead of getting a kiss at the end of their date, she ended up just giving him the contact info to her tax guy, which I mean, great for him, not quite as sexy and good for her. Yeah, but she's not giving up. That's the good news.
Speaker 1: No, that is good.
Speaker 2: And I was just wondering, did you end up paying for the date or did he because he made the joke. He made the joke that you were going to pay because your credit score was so high?
Speaker 6: We split it.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's also not a sexy move.
Speaker 5: I mean financially responsible but not hot.
Speaker 6: You know it was it was okay with me. I handle my business.
Speaker 1: So it's just like after the joke and then to still.
Speaker 5: It would be a joke and then have him pay.
Speaker 4: You should have bankrolled him for a year and.
Speaker 5: Be paid in bitcoming.
Speaker 4: But let's get right into this call. Okay, I'm gonna dial Sean right now. We'll see what he has to say. Here we go, Hello, Sean.
Speaker 1: Are you in the bathroom?
Speaker 4: Is the Sean?
Speaker 8: Yes it is.
Speaker 5: Are you mining right now?
Speaker 4: Your phone is a little bit echo with Sean. But we're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 8: Did you sound better?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this sounds a little bit better.
Speaker 8: Okay, So I was on my lunch break.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I got that. Hate to interrupt you on your lunch break, Sean, but we do have some important business to discuss with you regarding a woman that you went out with recently, named.
Speaker 8: Jossy a woman. Wait, wait, you women?
Speaker 4: You know they're like men but with different parts.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm familiar with women.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you remember?
Speaker 4: Its confused when I said woman. So I'm just clarifying.
Speaker 1: Do you remember your date with Jossi You guys went to drinks?
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, I do.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool, Well, news flash, she is a woman and other news flash, she really liked you.
Speaker 8: It wants to see Oh oh that's that's really sweet of her.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's a positive to you. Did you not think that already?
Speaker 8: I mean a good vibe. You know. It just was a little not a It wasn't a typical date. Our comic of discussion wasn't you know you get to know someone? It wasn't like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, well I think she wanted it to be.
Speaker 4: I'll be honest. We heard a little bit about your date from Jossy, and she mentioned that the talk went into like finances.
Speaker 2: She said, it was a little stiff and a little bit too much financial Yeah, she was.
Speaker 8: Really money oriented.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, but I don't know. I thought you were the one asking her some of the questions about how she got her credit score so good.
Speaker 8: That was on her dating profile. So you know, you want to pick it off with something in their bio, right.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: It sounds like she got stuck in talking about it and she felt like, you guys never got to be flirty with each other.
Speaker 8: Well, okay, so she was fifteen minutes late to the date because she was trying to find like the cheapest gas, Like there was some gas that was since less than all the other gas stations, and so she had to have that gas someone like.
Speaker 5: That out of their way to save a couple of blocks.
Speaker 1: She said, you weren't bothered by her being late.
Speaker 8: I wasn't bothered about her being late. It was the reason why she was late. And then she stopped at the Dollar Store because they had the best paper towel at the best price.
Speaker 4: She had to get that done before she met up with you. In her defense, those paper towels can be pretty expensively.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they had one more layers.
Speaker 4: Especially doing that. It's friendly kind you guys, why were you asking her about this?
Speaker 8: She was the one that brought it up, Like she said, I was doing this and I was doing that.
Speaker 2: Okay, got a cheap gas and buying dollar store paper towels.
Speaker 4: All right, so she's thrifty and you don't you don't like that, man.
Speaker 8: She could be thrifty all she wants, Okay, okay, but if we were in a relationship, I will not be chastised about paying an extra seventy five cents for some ranch.
Speaker 1: Wait, what what is that example? Yeah, it's like a hypothetical. You're saying, no, no, that happened.
Speaker 8: That's not a hypothetical.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, you chastise you what happened?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What does chastise even mean?
Speaker 8: I ordered some French fries and I wanted to side a ranch.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're speaking my language.
Speaker 8: And the waitress said it'd be seventy five cents. Okay, okay, And she was like, seventy five damn canceled a ranch. He doesn't need it.
Speaker 1: Okay, she canceled your ranch.
Speaker 4: That might cross a line.
Speaker 1: Yes, wait, did you have to eat dry fries.
Speaker 8: On the table.
Speaker 9: Water?
Speaker 4: I feel like Jossy has some splaining to do, and she can do that right now.
Speaker 5: She owes your Hey, I think you come back from this. I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I need to let you know, Sean, Johssy's been on the other line listening, wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 8: What she's listening.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's how the second works, jos joss there, Yes, I'm there. Oh it was it was seventy five cents. Like I couldn't make a whole bottle for seventy five cents. I thought, you know, I was doing a paper. I wanted to make sure he was taken care of.
Speaker 2: Turn a bottle of ranch or however, it's I don't buy the packets.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're on the date and they say this is how much something costs you. You pay that that's yeah, that's.
Speaker 5: Not even rests exactly.
Speaker 4: It's one thing.
Speaker 5: And it was like this steak is fishing.
Speaker 1: I said, you guys, she thought she was hell be okay.
Speaker 6: Right yeah yeah yeah, And I don't know why, so I guess she was up. He was upset out late.
Speaker 8: It's not because you were late. It was why you were late.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Wait, any longer, I would have been out of the paper towels at the Dollar store.
Speaker 1: I bet they go fast.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, they run out by six every single week, and I was on my last role. I needed to stop there. There's nothing I could have done.
Speaker 1: Okay, shut shut, You can look past that.
Speaker 8: You know she should have did she should have taken the napkins from the restaurant. I'm surprised she wouldn't do that.
Speaker 4: Who's the financial expert now, Josh, are you guys gonna just be stealing napkins? That's like a dynamic duel.
Speaker 6: Do you do that? That's honestly not a bad idea.
Speaker 4: I was speak her interest.
Speaker 8: Is she joking? I don't think she's joking. Actually, I don't think she jokes.
Speaker 5: You guys probably keep the ketchup packets too all the time.
Speaker 2: Usually at the grocery stores you can get the ranch dip behind the counter as well for free, where the chicken strips are.
Speaker 4: OK.
Speaker 5: That's a problem.
Speaker 4: We're getting to the same problem that they did, where we're getting too deep into the financial time.
Speaker 5: Let's pull it.
Speaker 4: Back and talk to Sean for a second, because Sean, what you don't know, is that before we called you, she was telling us how strong of a connection she felt the two of you had, yeah, and how she wanted to redo because she didn't feel like it went great the first time. Yeah, I'm just hoping that Jossi still feels the same way as she did before and is still into him. Jossy, are you still up for going out with him one more time? On our dime? That's a smart financial decision right there.
Speaker 5: It's free.
Speaker 6: I mean, that does sweeten the deal, but honestly, like I want someone that looks at my strategizing with my money and and thinks that that's a great thing instead of thinking I'm cheap man.
Speaker 4: That's understandable.
Speaker 6: But he doesn't even hire his and Heie says her nephews to landscape the house so he can write it off like I do. It saves me seventy dollars a year.
Speaker 8: Oh are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Another financial gem from Jossy.
Speaker 8: She is out of control, dude.
Speaker 1: Eighth four that's what her credit score is, A oh four?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have to have to plan anything.
Speaker 4: Okay, worth it?
Speaker 5: I don't think so?
Speaker 4: Not for a couple of bucks from what I'm hearing it sounds like you guys aren't going to match up and meet up one more time.
Speaker 2: No, so uh yeah, whatever, Jossy, I'm telling you you're going to see him at that dollar store trying to get those paper towels from you next week.
Speaker 6: Ya, you better get there because I'm blocking him out if he's there.
Speaker 4: Actually, let's all go to the dollar store.
Speaker 5: Go to the regular store like regular people, pay more, Okay, because convenient convenience.
Speaker 4: We're going to the ranch factory instead. You don't on the ranch factory.
Speaker 7: Bring your cupskins, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Gas prices, paper towel shortages, and child labor.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 4: I think public radio the status of the current dating landscape. People are talking.
Speaker 2: I mean, times are tough, man, people are gearing up, you know, getting ready really session maybe for your.
Speaker 1: Life, gear up to yourself.
Speaker 4: Didn't work out for those two, but I'm just gonna say I do think they.
Speaker 1: Missed out on what a good deal somewhere else.
Speaker 4: Those two they could have teamed up to become one of those ultra successful billionaire power couples who we're good at both money and love, like Bill Gates and are.
Speaker 1: That's about example, like and.
Speaker 4: Like Musk and that robot.
Speaker 1: Is actually I think he's still with Grimes.
Speaker 4: No, right now, let's forget it. Let's just do Love Is Blind Season three Brazil edition. Okay, let's stick with what works.
Speaker 1: He's still with I mean I think he's still alive a.
Speaker 4: Little Rocky too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, where the power couples?
Speaker 1: Never mind.
Speaker 4: If you just want to be not a power couple, just a normal, regular couple who's truly in love, email the show. We'll call that person who wasn't calling you back and check out all of our podcasts wherever you get yours at Broken Jeffrey Brooke.
Speaker 1: And Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: We talk about this on the show a lot that before you go out with someone, always google them first. Oh yeah, and for some reason you don't then definitely google them after.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The one guy did not do that before or after, and he's probably feeling really stupid right now. Because one of our listeners had a little secret. She didn't tell the guy on their date, but she does reveal it to us. Secret you you're gonna hear her juicy confession coming up in a second date update right after this second date up date. It's more and more popular nowadays to go to restaurants and food spots that do shared tables.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the community tables, you know, like the big long ones.
Speaker 1: At the end.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. The upside to that is you might meet somebody interesting sitting at your table. The downside is you're sharing napkins. It's wiping past. That's my experience, and I'm just hoping I'm not fourth in line for the community nap clean.
Speaker 1: He's stealing other people's nap is what I think.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's the way forward. But the only reason that I even bring it up is because one of our listeners says she met a guy while sitting at a shared table. Her name is Donna. That's cute, Donna. Did you have to share napkins at the table like I do?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 9: I didn't share any.
Speaker 4: Okay, just sharing a straw, sip and pass.
Speaker 2: There's probably conversation, jeff That's probably all she shared, right, Donna.
Speaker 9: Yep, that's pretty much it.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's a good start. Well, yeah, I definitely need to know where this place is that had your community tables, because I'm going to the wrong spot.
Speaker 1: Where did you the other ones are so unsanitary?
Speaker 4: Jeff, yeh, where did you go?
Speaker 7: It was a food festival?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you met like a picnic table sitting down? Yeah, yeah, yeah, a fold out table sharing too.
Speaker 4: And who was this guy that you met?
Speaker 8: Eric?
Speaker 1: Erica?
Speaker 4: How did you was Eric eating? Does that would draw you to him?
Speaker 1: Is that how you struck up conversation?
Speaker 6: God?
Speaker 4: Look at that guy.
Speaker 1: I only date guys who eat euros?
Speaker 4: Can I get that napkin when you're done? By the way?
Speaker 9: Where?
Speaker 4: No, how did you meet him?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 9: He was actually a beer garden.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, that's a little bit easier to meet somebody there. How did you do it?
Speaker 1: They're of age.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're trying to like figure out where is it down? And so he had a little picnic table and it was just kind of him and for friends. So it was just kind of this nice, like perfect two guys, two gosic table kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Cool. Okay, So how long did you go to hang out together?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 9: It was like an hour and a half maybe because we were just kind of having a good time. Yeah, it was super natural, Like he was really funny, really genuine nice guy, and I just saw myself laughing so much because you're so goofy.
Speaker 4: Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't call him goofy to his face, but I could see it's a positive thing to say.
Speaker 2: Was your girlfriend like hyping you up? I mean, could she tell that you were into him?
Speaker 9: Yeah? I mean she was like making eyes at me, like this guy really likes you, and she could totally tell.
Speaker 7: And he and I actually did.
Speaker 9: Agree to hang out later, like after the event.
Speaker 4: Perfect. So what did you and Eric do when you met up after the event.
Speaker 9: Well, we had already drank a lot because you're chilling in the beer garden for a while. Yea, so we didn't want to drink anymore. We just walked around the city and talked. We stoppedly got some dessert. Oh yeah, I just really liked him.
Speaker 5: Did you or did he kiss you or anything like romantic.
Speaker 9: Appen No, no kissy stuff, no hand holding it or anything, but you felt the vibe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So looking back now at the whole thing, what do you think the reason is that he might not be calling you back?
Speaker 8: Is there?
Speaker 4: Do you have any idea?
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh, why did you pause like that?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I I don't. I don't like it.
Speaker 1: Why would you not be able to say it? Is it about you?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, well you know how this segment works, Like, you should probably be honest with us now, because if we call him and he says it and we're not prepared for.
Speaker 1: That, you know, you say you're not married, it could.
Speaker 4: Be embarrassing for you. So if it's going to come out anyway, you might as well tell us now. Just close your ears when you.
Speaker 5: Tell us so you don't hear it.
Speaker 3: It might be one of those things like maybe he doesn't know this about me or something, and then it's like when I'm revealing this thing and I'm like, oh god, what if that wasn't the thing I mean orangury?
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, you don't know if he knows or not. Would he be able to find it out on the internet? Yeah, okay, then he knows?
Speaker 4: Well yeah, I mean, well what is that? Can we know what it is? And we won't bring it up to him unless he says it?
Speaker 9: Okay, Okay, I didn't say any of this to him, but I don't know if you found out, Like, okay, I don't even know if I could say this right now?
Speaker 1: Deep breath, you can breath.
Speaker 2: It's probably honestly, like all this stuff is usually not as big of a deal as people think it is in their head.
Speaker 9: Right, I don't want my mom to be listening or something.
Speaker 1: Okay, God, we're big with moms. So kidding.
Speaker 4: A triple murder suspect or what's going on? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hey we are an innocent he'll proven guilty type of show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just tell us.
Speaker 1: I'm not only can you're only fans.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, okay, you know what.
Speaker 1: I bet your mom doesn't even know what that is?
Speaker 8: I hope.
Speaker 2: So Okay, Like how like if you searched your name, would it come up?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: Because he knows your name, he could do more importantly, is like the content?
Speaker 5: Like is it?
Speaker 1: Is it? Is it something?
Speaker 4: Just asked her to send you a link? If you really got it?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: Is it pretty aggressive?
Speaker 9: It's not extremely aggressive, but it's definitely like leaning in derighted?
Speaker 4: Are okay?
Speaker 5: Well, some guys love that and some guys don't.
Speaker 4: It's a personality thing, and.
Speaker 2: You're definitely gonna have to tell him whether whether he knows now or not.
Speaker 4: And we really appreciate you being vulnerable and coming clean about that to us. We will definitely get your information during the break for Jose's sake, But.
Speaker 1: I thought I was getting their information trial I was nic.
Speaker 4: We're very thorough in our research whenever we do this thing. But just I'm now I'm curious. How successful are you with your only fans? Are you somebody who might be more well known?
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, I'm somewhat popular, like I have a pretty big following.
Speaker 4: Okay, wow, well now I guess that has me curious. If you've got all these followers and all the success, then why Eric?
Speaker 1: It's Eric.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, it's a great question. I'm not on any dating apps and this happened organically, which, yeah, it was very exciting to meet him, just like face to face as strangers. It felt like a cute little meet cute, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, How will you handle it if it is an issue for him?
Speaker 9: I don't know. I mean, some guys are scared. Some guys are like way too into it. So it's like, is that the only reason why.
Speaker 5: You liked me?
Speaker 4: I think I know which category we fell into. Sorry, but we will not bring this up again unless Eric says it first, because we're going to come back and call him and ask him why wouldn't he call you back after such a great, unique, genuine hangout and forgetting he.
Speaker 5: May not even know about the only thing.
Speaker 2: It is so nice to have a listener just be honest with us from the beginning.
Speaker 1: How much easier this makes our jobs.
Speaker 5: It did take a lot to get it out.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Is even worse than are So we're gonna find out when we call Eric and get you your second date update right after this hold on. Brooks said it earlier, and I think we all agree it is refreshing to have a listener actually be honest and vulnerable with us up front for real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it makes me feel so much less stressed going into this phone call, even though that's like a big I mean.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a big thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it feels like we're from the same page.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's good to know that information before we dial this guy. And our listener Donna whose Jose's already searched that name fourteen times during the break she told us about so.
Speaker 5: Many Donna's onf By the way.
Speaker 4: I know it's hard to nail it down which one she is, but she told us about her meeting with a guy named Eric. It happened organically when they were both at a food festival and they ended up bonding walking around the city together sharing desserts. He's not calling her back.
Speaker 2: It was such a sweet interaction. It really felt genuine.
Speaker 4: And the whole reason I bring up the honesty part is because she admitted to us that Eric may have found out that she is a successful model on only fans. Yeah, here's the thing is we all understand that that information can tend to freak some people out, and maybe that could be the reason that Eric is avoiding her.
Speaker 2: And if he brings it up, do you want us to admit then that we already know Donna?
Speaker 1: Or is that something then you just want to talk to us?
Speaker 4: Or do we lie and.
Speaker 5: Say that's not her?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: You know, Actually I feel like I would like it if I were to be the one to say it to him.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, if he knows it makes sense, it online fair.
Speaker 4: If he already knows.
Speaker 1: I mean, if I eventually, if you ever talk about work, it's your.
Speaker 4: Well, you can always keep a secret life for twenty thirty years before you havelaim about it.
Speaker 5: I work from home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so okay, he doesn't have to know all the details.
Speaker 1: But that's good advice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really it's totally Donna. This is your decision. We're just gonna call Eric. We'll see if he answers the phone, and then from that point on we're just gonna roll with it. Okay, okay, beautiful, All right, here we go. I'm gonna dial his number right now. Let's do this. Hello, Hey, we're looking to talk with Eric.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is Eric Cis alright.
Speaker 4: Hey, this is a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Here, I'm Jeffrey. You guys want to go around the room and introduce your let's sound off.
Speaker 2: Okay, Eric, she's the fun one.
Speaker 1: Why are you so awkward?
Speaker 4: Anyway?
Speaker 1: I want to hear him talk.
Speaker 4: We're trying to help out one of our listeners that you actually went on a date with recently. Her name is Donna.
Speaker 1: Sounded like a cute date.
Speaker 7: I guess if I had to sum it up, I would say that I just had a different impression of her on her date from when we first met at this beer garden. And I don't know how much she told you.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not much more than that. According to her, was the beer garden you went out afterwards walking around the city.
Speaker 1: I thought it was.
Speaker 2: Really sweet that you guys didn't drink again either, like you shared dessert.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a great conversation.
Speaker 5: I don't know how that even happens.
Speaker 4: How do you stop drinking?
Speaker 5: That was a personal comment.
Speaker 4: But you were saying that you got a different impression from her from when you met and during the day, Like, can you explain what you meant?
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's I want to make it clear, she's a super sweet girl. She's really nice, she's really cute. And maybe it was just because it was loud at the beer garden where we were there, but she seemed a little more outgoing and a little more I don't know wild, if that's a fair word. And when we were on our date, she just seemed really shy and a little conservative.
Speaker 1: Or can you elaborate on that conservative part? Like what made her come off that way to you?
Speaker 7: She just kind of gave off goodie goodie vibes and attractive generally what I'm into.
Speaker 1: And you're really good at reading people, right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 7: Am pretty good at reading people. And to be honest, she just seems a lot more innocent than I.
Speaker 4: Am okay, you think she's too innocent.
Speaker 1: And you are like a wild woman.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't mean like wild. I'm just looking for someone who's a little more adventurous, okay, for an adventure.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow, there is a very adventurous woman on the other line listening in on this phone call. And I'm not sure if you could guess that girl would be Donna no way? Oh yeah, really really, Donna? Are you there?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 3: Eric?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, are you dying on the inside? Donna?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Hey, Donna, I didn't know you were on the other end of the line. And I don't want to seem like a jerk here, like you, you are super sweet. You're such a kind girl, and I have time.
Speaker 6: No, I get it.
Speaker 9: I get it, and I hear you. I literally heard everything he said.
Speaker 6: I totally get it.
Speaker 9: And maybe I do come across that way in when I want scenarios, but I'm adventurous. I do have quite an adventures wild side.
Speaker 7: I mean, that's that's cool for you to say that, And again, I think you're I think you're really cool. But like, you can say that, but I don't know how I'm supposed to believe that based on the signals that I was picking up from you.
Speaker 9: You know, you can just trust me that I'm not as shy as I seem. I don't really meet people in person, So yeah, it's exciting a little weird, and I obviously came off very shy. But I don't say I do have I'm experienced. I'm an experienced woman.
Speaker 1: You do not have to say that.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 1: But she's obviously not shy.
Speaker 2: She called a radio station and is here with us, even outside of the other stuff.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's pretty wild that she called a radio station. But again, you sound innocent to me, and you're just kind of trying to pretend to be someone you're not to please me, and that doesn't you don't do that.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, I guess if you feel that.
Speaker 9: Way and you don't want to believe me or get to know me more than I guess, nice meeting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's a good choice. Donna, h Donna, Okay, I do too.
Speaker 4: I think she should tell him like before before he hangs up.
Speaker 2: I mean, he is so certain who she is and doesn't have an open mind to see anything else, Like Donna, I'm guessing doesn't feel like he deserves that knowledge.
Speaker 4: Well, fine, but at least before we go, I have to ask Eric, would you like to go out with shy innocent Donna one more time? And we would pay for the date?
Speaker 7: Uh? You know again, it doesn't seem like a match. I appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 9: I mean, Eric, I think you made a mistake and maybe I'll see you online sometime.
Speaker 1: He's could have to pay us here?
Speaker 7: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: I wouldn't worry about it, Eric, You know.
Speaker 7: What, can somebody just tell me what's going on?
Speaker 4: I sorry, all right, he's gone. Sorry Donald, we had to hang up on that guy.
Speaker 9: I am glad.
Speaker 8: I'm glad you did.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had a guy assume that about you before?
Speaker 9: I can maybe see why he maybe thought that, but like it was so crazy. They just didn't want to give me another chance.
Speaker 1: I like, how hard for it he thought? He was. Yeah, I know, it's just crazy. I want to be there the day he finds out what you do.
Speaker 4: It's probably the day that he listens to this podcast and it's like, oh my god, the mistakes that I've made.
Speaker 9: He was so sure he knew how to read people.
Speaker 6: That was That's what got me.
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: We're getting a lot of text in seventy five nine to two. On this one, one says, thank I hope Eric's listening right now and realizes he missed out on the chance of a lifetime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's right.
Speaker 2: It's really a learning moment to not judge people so quickly.
Speaker 4: Really, you know, Yeah, don't judge a book by its cover sort of thing.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was the cover that was the problem. It's just like her attitude.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Another text says, I've been trying to date an only fans girl for years. That guy's an idiot.
Speaker 5: Oh man.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of other people on the text board though, going crazy because we didn't tell him and didn't say it. She never revealed what she does too on.
Speaker 1: Her for I agree.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought this would be like Alexis going out with Christiano Ronaldo and just not realizing he played soccer and it's like, you're not my type.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, what are you doing.
Speaker 1: In the world.
Speaker 4: Did email the show after we recorded that, though, and said I thought I'd just send him a screenshot as a party gift.
Speaker 1: She did not.
Speaker 4: I think he knows now.
Speaker 2: She's just trying to get more subscribers.
Speaker 4: Out of this. She probably did. We're hoping to get a few more subscribers. If you like the Second Dates, you can always one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: I still have my shirt off.
Speaker 4: By the way, on YouTube, you can find us or anywhere where you get your podcasts at Brooke and Jeffrey and make sure if you need help with your dating life, email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back.