Speaker 1: If you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name Flame, my bro also known as my ro Flame.
Speaker 2: Come in with last and come in with you love loundest baby. You better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now comics, just paying homage. What's up? Tests? Yeah you know she raised shout towns on speaking to the grown a second year. We're gonna laugh, cut him and kick it and at the end we leave it with just a lift of spirits. But do you want to revisit so your first like a listen, young folks say it's list Oh folks say we dig it?
Speaker 3: Good? Hey, No, this do what you do?
Speaker 2: I know, peas, do what you do?
Speaker 1: Cany No?
Speaker 2: This do what I do?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: This well?
Speaker 1: Hello, welcome, I'm sorry, Welcome to this week's episode of Left and Learn. I am your hosts and comedian Flame n Rowe, and I'm here with my lovely co host and beautiful Bobby Cliffords.
Speaker 2: I don't know about beauty. We had a little rain and I got a little shorts first thing in the morning, and I never got it together to slap on a little extra pretty today.
Speaker 1: So you have to set up with me, I have on one AirPod. Let me put the other one on.
Speaker 2: I think that was the other AirPod on. Tell them about your T shirt says, because I think that's hysterical.
Speaker 1: My T shirt says I love God, but some of his children get on my nerves.
Speaker 2: Right, and some are related And some of my children get on my nerves.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks, Speaking of which, my son got on my nerves, let me tell you how I'm grateful these children. On this quarter, I just bought my son a car cost me five thousand dollars, Thank god I had it or whatever I did to do to get it. And then don't ask me why I be as in shall But then after I buy him the car, he turns around and says, my twenty one year old son says, are you gonna fill it up? Bobby? I was highly offended. I was not gonna even lie. I just looked at him like, what did you just say to me? God had to walk it off because I wanted to start swinging. Where did we go wrong, Bobby? Where did we go wrong? I don't know?
Speaker 2: But so what's making me sad people is I don't know if you know his age, he's not sixteen years old. He's a big boy, and I could see my son setting something. I am highly offended. Anyway, don't get me started, because it's we'll go right down a rabbit hole and we'll ruin the whole episode.
Speaker 1: Listen, it's been a great week. I am in New Orleans, lady, and I know we are day late. It's my fault, but I'm in New Orleans. This is the time that we have the annual King and Queen pageantry system, which is Saturday the fourteen, and I am the official host. So if you guys are in New Orleans, come to the Civic Center. We're going to have a great time. The paget starts at seven o'clock. The ticket prices are fifty bucks and it's worth for about three hundred dollars because it's going to be a great time.
Speaker 2: Are you doing something Sunday that you can still sell tickets or is it sold out?
Speaker 1: No? No, no. We're also having the brunch at the Bourbon Pub right on Bourbon Street in New Orleans at two pm in the afternoon. The tickets are ten dollars. Is runch for the reigning Court and some of the formers, and I host that too. And that's where we really get to cut up because at the pageant I got to be semi professional, but at the brunch I could be completely ignorant. She get ready for it. Oh my god, Blue, let's say the word. The word is blue, Bobby, It's blue. Speaking of blue. This past Wednesday, I did a show with Changelo from RuPaul's Drag Race. Now djis DJ and Chandela and he's getting back in to stand up and we had a great time myself, him, Jonathan ooh yeah, and a girl named Kathy, and Jennifer Lewis was in the audience. Lena Waite was in the audience and loved the show. Loved me that I was hysterically funny. And DJ was really really good Shanda, because you know, she's been going through a little bit in her personal and now she's coming back and now she's doing stand up as DJ. Very good, very consistent. Was a lot of storytelling, but it was funny. The way she told the stories were funny. So she kept moving for forty five minutes. I thought that was well worth it, and she was very good. So thank you for that. So you gonna get a career back, you know, y'all get mad when somebody do something or say something. I don't know all the particulars of what had happened, but I just wanted her to know that as a friend, I still support her.
Speaker 2: And I think that's all that you can do, and the truth ends up coming out. I saw something. Actually, it's funny that you said that about Andrew Cuomo. The person who was bringing charges up against him. The day before, the last day that they could bring stuff forward dropped. It dropped the case.
Speaker 1: And after all of this and we lost him as the governor, Bobby, So I just can you see me, I can see you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, sorry that I do not disturb on. I don't know why I'm being disturbed.
Speaker 1: Yes, that that is, and that is and that is what they you know about To hear you say that, it's just like they played that that part like a chess game. So wonderful to get him removed out of the seat of governor with a whole sack of bullshit, because there was just a bunch of Now that person didn't even come forward. It's just a bunch of bullshit. But he lost his job. His credibility is shattered, you know, his reputation is it's just it'sus, Bobby, it is hit before we get into our real topics.
Speaker 2: Oh God, I.
Speaker 1: Think you're going to mention yes, my opinion how I feel. I do not think that jay Z did any of these allegations that they're accusing him of. You would have left you what.
Speaker 2: A different way? Well we'll see that too. I mean, so here's the good news. With both Andrew Cuomo not necessarily Changela, and with jay Z, the two of them, two of the gentlemen have the money to get good, good litigators. So I think the truth just like with Andrew Croomo, she had to bring forward the person who was bringing the case had to bring forward, you know, reliable evidence and had no evidence to bring. I think the same thing's going to happen from for jay Z.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I think that it'll all come out in Lawash if he is innocent, which I've never heard anybody say anything bad about him. I think it will come out Inlawash. He was involved in those parties. But you know how they have the two tier ones they have like the evening party and then they have the I can't even think of the expression they used anymore. The crazy ones.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was necessarily about powers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the after but this is quiet him being married and everything. He was only I think he was in the late twenties or whatever, so he could be at the after hours. He wasn't. He didn't have to speak up to anybody.
Speaker 1: That story has been unfolding. For the bits and pieces that I have seen, I'm just going to say this as the father of a teenage daughter, and I went to school with a girl named Tracy Faulkner in the eighth grade. This girl was in eighth grade, and I promise you she looked like somebody's mama. She was built like a brickshit house bobby she was, and she had she didn't have an adult face, but her body was so we were mesmerized that her body looked like man when I was thirty and man was you know, yeah, man man made. But she was so she was so curvacious and big booze. So I'm sure that older man was hitting it. And so remember that jay Z was still jay Z in two thousand, which is where she said it happened. She could I'm not saying that he didn't do it or that he did do it. But she could have been one of those young girls who was built like that. And it is jay Z. And I'm not gonna tell him my real age. That's not this is just my mind speculating because you have to look at but you have to look at all the variables. I don't want to just say him was guilty, and I'm not blaming her, but until we get all the sorts, because people are so crazy to convict, the court of public opinion will put you in jail long before the sentence or the crime, even the truth comes out. So we hass off to jay Z. I support j Z over here. And by the way, jay Z and Beyonce, hats off to you for letting Blue Ivy shine on the red carpet the other day. She looked like a young, beautiful young woman. She's a young lady. Yes, she was so nice and she was dressed age appropriate. And I love that Tina Tina Nose ran over, the grandmama ran over to fix the hair. And I've been hearing so many negative comments about the young girls dress. And first of all, let me tell you all what y'all don't understand about her doing an audible book I'm fifty, she's twelve. I complained about it because the work was so hard. I can only imagine what it was like for her to do a whole movie and have to sit in that booth eight nine, ten hours, because y'all, y'all just don't know the other side when you're so quick to throw somebody up under the bus. So I had to get that off my chest. Let's go, Bobby, let's go, let's go, Let's go.
Speaker 2: She's a cute combination of both of her parents too. She's not I thought she always looked just like the dad, and they went, oh, we'll see what she's like when she gets older. She was adorable. I could see in there too. So she's the nice combination.
Speaker 1: You know, Like to Reby, she looks like the sister Soldge.
Speaker 2: She actually, yeah, you're exactly right. And she's a multi bazillionaire as it is because her parents had her. They had her involved in what was his one of his songs or something in her voice, and they took her money that she got from that, and they invested it and you know, compound interest. You know, she's a gazillionaire right now from that, So she doesn't need to screw everybody else. She doesn't need anything. She can laugh all the way to the bank. I thought you were going to say when you said something was preponderous.
Speaker 4: I thought you were going to say that that Trump was named person of the Year by Time magazine for the secondary when I tell you, because we know that he loved he's an attention whole.
Speaker 1: I know they got his goat. Oh my, I know he was walking around the house and his tidy white. He's with her erection all day. Good god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even know what they what they were, but I was a little flabbergasted. And then because there's a criteria, and the criteria is they said it's a group or person who was deemed to have wielded the greatest influence on global affairs. This is the kicker for good or for ill. So you don't have to have so some of the people in the running were Kamala Harris Netan Yahoo. Oh there was somebody else in a blanket on his name. There was somebody that we kind of would have gone. And then Trump so and he did. Hey, he he left all the way to the to the polls and one you know, he ran the most racial misogynistic, negative campaign in the history of all campaigns. Literally, you know, I'm not saying it nicely. This is CNN, and I've heard Charlie Sykes and about a dozen other pundits say it. And he still won. We still voted him in, So they.
Speaker 1: Still they still voted him.
Speaker 2: I'm saying we as the collective, as I know, I know little and a little disappointed.
Speaker 1: So and let's just show you how fair we are over here at let alone. Congratulations to President lake Donald Trump for four acquirement Person of the Year. I don't know what, I don't know who how all those angles that he came in worked, But they did work because he would do worse than he did the week before, and I was like, oh, this is gonna be his nailing his coffin. He was like impangible. Everything he did just worked. It just worked.
Speaker 2: Think of it even now though, flame you know, I was saying this to my mom earlier because I.
Speaker 1: Uhh uh.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, calling there, I catch it go. Have you ever heard or do you remember, any of the last five presidents will say that will maybe even five is too long for us age wise to think, because some of them had eight year terms. Do you remember every one of their cabinet choices being announced, them being in the time from election to the time of inauguration, in the in the news cycle twenty four to seven. He hasn't stopped. We know everything that he's doing. He knows how to manipulate. So anybody doesn't think that he's bright enough. I don't think he's savvy with presidential stuff, with world affairs and all that. I don't think he's got the attention span for it. But he certainly knows how to be the best marketer, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. He's I mean, he's got He has Chris Ray, who he appointed for the FBI, who said he absolutely wasn't going to leave, has now announced that he is. He's only going to sign. He's only going to serve out the the Biden term. And so whatever Trump did or said, or the harassment that he has been getting from it, He's going to be able to appoint Cash Battel just like he wants. And this was his guy. This guy has I think he's got three more years on his on his contract. He doesn't he didn't have to leave, but Trump's been able to force him out, so out he'll go. And he's angry because of the documents. Right, So Chris Ray had to go along with the with the with the subpoenas and whatnot. Let his house be served. That that was it. Now Trump could have just handed the documents in and avoided all of that. I swear half of that was so that we saw him as a victim. And you know, it made people more outraged and whatnot. I think you've put it like and on that.
Speaker 1: You mentioned the name that cash retail is more than a nocean. Yeah, I'm gonna get ready, cause that cash retail is more than a nocean. He looks like a man too.
Speaker 2: He he absolutely is. He He is the one that is holding strong with this retribution stuff. You know, it really makes me nervous. I saw. I don't know if you had a chance to see the Trump interview with is it Kristen Welker that is on Meet the Press She interviewed him. I watched probably two thirds of it before something happened and I didn't get to watch it. But the way he's wording it is he said, I'm not looking for retribution and I'm not going to bring any cases fluid, he said, But if Bondi or Patel like you know, if my if the people under me find cases to bring forward, I can't do anything with that because I'm not involved, you know, in the d O J and Babby Bobby Boo. So you better buckle up because we're going to see a lot of We're gonna see a lot of crazy stuff that's gonna that's gonna kind of come down the pike.
Speaker 1: Is that is that? Oh? I forgot what I was going to ask you, Bobby? Is that overplay for the underplay? For the overplay? I can't do it, but my crony can't do it.
Speaker 2: Get it, But it won't be me. I'm not going to take responsibility. I mean. The one thing that we did see is that the FBI was not involved in the January sixth riots. There was some talk about them being out like, you know, having undercover people out in the in the field. That came out this this week that no, they didn't. The one thing that they didn't do they passed some information on but they probably should have known a little bit more of what was going to happen prior to what happening. But that's all they You know, that's kind of all it came out came out on that. Did you see that the drones? People are losing their bananas over the drones in New Jersey? There are drones that have been that have come out the Pentagon and Homeland Security says that it had they had nothing to do. They're not outside influences. People are losing their bananas. I guess they're flashing green and red lights and they're they're not happy. I think it's people screwing with other people. I think it's personal people that own the drones and they're just they're just coming out and just being pills just because.
Speaker 1: And what's the name of the FBI director who just stepped down? Is that who you were speaking about?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's Chris Ray. He's going to he's gonna So if Biden is in until the nineteenth, he's into the nineteenth.
Speaker 1: Bobby, It is what you said about all of these appointees. He hasn't even gotten in office yet. And when I tell you, he gets the president gets way more game time on TV, way more coverage, way more footage than the sitting president Joe.
Speaker 2: With boy Biden, we were not even hearing. I mean the one thing that So I've been hearing a lot of bullshit about that too, and it makes me angry. Oh, we haven't heard from from Harris. She's gone, Biden's gone, they've stepped out. And then, you know, I read other articles that are telling me that Biden and his administration are desperate to try to get some sort of peace deal back on now that now that the head deal deal was underway with with Israel, I don't know how successful it's been. He's anxious to get something with per Gaza on the books prior to Trump coming in. So he's behind closed doors, so you're not seeing him. I don't need to see my president all of the time. I want him doing the workflame, I don't care what you know. I don't need to see his puss every two seconds.
Speaker 1: So well, you're going to wait, wait to day, wait to jay way to twenty first, this fool go bo TV every single day. Oh yes, and.
Speaker 2: Chalk and smack. I'll tell you the other thing that Biden was doing. He's he's done fifteen hundred commutations and and pardons for nonviolent crimes. So he's been a busy boy. Not only his son, other people if they if they had any type of non retribution, I can't even think of the word, you know, if they're showing showing any type of improvement, he put them on the bar, the pardoner list, so.
Speaker 3: He might.
Speaker 1: He may as well do a mass part because Trump is all he promised to partner all the people from January to sixth and is thousands of people.
Speaker 2: Thousands he says they were it was too harsh, not but they all didn't get Everybody kind of got a sentence that was keeping with what their role was to play. So the people who got actual time were the people who orchestrated it, who are injured, people who had the the pepper spray and all the other stuff. So we'll see. But he is he's been saying that he's trying to President Trump is trying to align that to President Biden pardoning his own son. And the only reason I think Biden, what we all think is pardoning his son is because of this retribution. If it was if he actually could get a fair shake, I think that that he would let President Biden would let it go. But he's too nervous of Trump, you know, investigating, continuing the investigations, even though seen nothing with burisma and all that stuff. But that said, he kind of put us in a in a sticky wick at President Biden by doing it, because you know, Trump's gonna manipulate that a million ways from Friday.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, do your thing, do your thing Trump. It's so hard to stop getting hostile or to keep getting hostile about the mere fact that we didn't want to make We didn't want him. Some of us didn't want him to be the president. You know. The jail thing was like I never thought he was gonna go to jail, and now he's nothing. What ever happened to him like that? But just for him, I didn't want him back in public office. But what our money and what and what they wanted is very different.
Speaker 2: They want to change Franker. I just don't think he's the fella that is going to you know, he's an agitator. He could go in and and speak what people that are unhappy want, But I just don't think he's he's he's going to be the guy. So he was on he was going to take inflation down. He is putting the tariffs in. He's already started to backpedal on the tariffs. He's already said to the American people now this week, Well, I can't promise that it's not going to raise prices for stuff. Well that was the whole reason you were putting it in, and that's what you said while you were while you were running. And now even though the economists, the best economist, Nobel Prize winners, people from Wharton where he went to graduate school, he's backpedaling on it because of course it's not true. You can't raise the prices on somebody and nothing that they're going to raise the prices so they can get their same their same money back on investment for stuff. So what I'm disappointed is some of the people I know he puts in are absolutely crazy. But some of these departments, So we have the dojure department that Ramaswami and Muscar got run and now I never thought we were going to hear this name again, and I was kind of happy he's got carried late as the head of this new department. The Voice of America, she know my voice. I don't even know what she talks about like she is. She's crazy.
Speaker 1: She's Trump with a vagina, She's.
Speaker 2: Trump two point zero with the vagina, because she actually she will.
Speaker 1: See Trump to point o vagina period.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it, that's it. Yeah, on a nasty one. Oh I kind of I'm gonna get gross. No, I'm not going to because I think she she would have the nerve to do a lot of stuff that he won't because he does care. The one thing he wants is people to love him, and so he does kind of care what people think. Now, I don't think she gives a Ratcherry ran in who thinks whatever? But what this I would love to know a little bit more of what the voice of America means. Please Jesus, don't want to be over there talking to the Middle Eastern people. Oh my god, can you see her? Her with the dog killer.
Speaker 1: He's creating all these physicians for all of these really really out of the trow individuals that will unfortunately have a bearing on the collateral damage, which is the American people.
Speaker 2: Wasn't he supposed to save money? Isn't that what Dojia supposed to do? They're supposed to save us money. You can't tell me he's not paying these people at least two hundred and fifty thousand dollars, which would be huge money for a government job. I mean, they're not going to do it for free. So you're creating higher level executive positions. But you're gonna that's probably four or five jobs, well four because they get benefits, you know, of the people he's that he's willing to cut. So I don't know, but they're all Hagspiths, they're all shaken, the they're all up on Capitol Hills shaken the Senators and trying to get trying to get in this week.
Speaker 1: Oh no, have you said that Matt Gates is starting a podcast? Oh?
Speaker 2: I hope he doesn't take our people.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's things will go over there. I think they're a little too bright to go over to that it's going to be. And they say it's already foolishness, just out of control. But listen, and I think if more people afford the opportunities to see what they could do, Like Matt gaz you just got this new point and it's just not with some of these cabinet picks that he's done, then people be like, oh my god, yeah, they were not good for this position. They're not good so they made the right choice. But unfortunately it's not going to go down like that we're going to have to live through a lot of foolishness, Bobby foolish.
Speaker 2: No, we are gonna We're going to have to We're going to have to pay attention to there's too many of us that do things or say things and believe things. We've talked about this before. Please get a reputable news news cycle and news station to watch, and don't just watch it that it was something else. I know people don't have a lot of time, but we're in our cars, we're doing all sorts of stuff that we can listen to. Reasonable people, not necessarily like the Matt Gates, like some there'll be somebody that will believe. They'll listen to him and believe everything he says, and then that's gospel and it's not God. Blessom. He'll have a following though, because you know the mega people, that's a that's a large population, you know. And if he if he does nothing but uh support Trump, even with the craziness, you know, the crazy talk, the crazy masks, then he'll do all right for ratings. Bless his little heart. But yeah, Chelsea Gabbard, they've all been up there, they've all been up on the hill this week blessed their little hearts, trying to trying to get their their positions.
Speaker 1: Who gets in the ring. Has been heavy this week, Bobby, it's been heavy.
Speaker 2: It's been awful. When he's talking, we already said he's talking about pardons. I mean, he's he's saying that day one that that he's going to be pardoning. He he was outlining on that Chris Welker Christian Welker uh interview, like the things that he's going to do. He's on day one, they're going to go after obviously the criminals first. As far as immigration, he did say something about working with Democrats for the dreamers because people must be screaming about that with him, you know, so he actually he actually said something about that. Something that's actually in the fourteenth Amendment of the Constitution you can't do anything about is getting rid of the birthright. So if you know you were here and you had a baby, that baby is automatically an American if you want want it to be. And he's saying, no, no other country does it, that's not true. CNN came out there are thirty three other countries that do it. So there were a lot of countries that do that, so.
Speaker 1: He's get rid of that. Him spitting misinformation is how he actually won the presidency. So this are we are we shocked at all? Yeah, but is he going to.
Speaker 2: Be able to do it like like the like the tariffs, He's not going to be able to do He's not going to get it across the line.
Speaker 1: So well, the terroriffs that get have me afraid because we must say that it's going to be tight for a while. If he raises the terrors, they're going to raise the tears on that spotty food. Everything is going to be astronomically high and scared our mission. I already told my key, y'all gonna get used to soup. We're going to be listening.
Speaker 2: It's not a lie. They came out this week. So jobs went up again, I think two hundred and twenty seven thousand, but inflation is rising a little bit, and we were kind of tamping it down I think by two point seven percent, and it's on vegetables, and who picks the vegetables. The migrants, and a lot of migrants are self deporting themselves to get out because they don't want to get they want to be able to try to come in another time or so, I don't know how they're they're going back and forth, but this is he's rising prices and he's not even in yet, Like you know, because of what he's saying. The prices are rising. We complain that on him, this on him, but sort of his rhetoric is sort of getting them, getting him to where we are. But I think, is it that time?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, because the fear of the migrants is if they get caught, they are banned from coming back to the United States for ten years.
Speaker 2: That's what that's what their part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I get that they're running. I get that. Speaking of running, let's talk about Luigi.
Speaker 2: Say his name Bobby, he says me, but the Italians would say Mangoni. So I can't even I feel such a certain way.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get Bobby charged up so she can give it to y'all the way y'all need to have it, because he is he was a he is a handsome man, and he was very irate because his dad, of support of supposed to his father and grandfather or something died. The healthcare department, the health care didn't come through. It was just it's so many stories. So you don't know where to go. But so Bobby was explaining to me, because you know, I'm learning too. This is laugh and learning. I'm learning too. Bobby was explaining to me about how the healthcare system works, only back in of what he was going for. But then then Bobby hit me in the head with a hammer. Oh Bobby, please tell I can't tell it like you tell it, Bobby, please tell it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the first thing I'm going to say is that his so obviously he's Italian. I'd say if I was making a joke, I'd say, Luigi Mangioni is a nice Irish boy. He was wealthy and brought up in privilege and some of the best private schools in Ivy League schools that you can have, on the back of his grandfather who came in. I think he might have been a mason, but I don't know quickly. But he didn't like the way that healthcare was going, so he started nursing homes. So he was in healthcare himself and made a fortune.
Speaker 1: On you.
Speaker 2: He did the right thing. He had nice nursing homes blah blah blah, And so that trickled down and then the father took over the company and whatever. And I had heard that the mom might have had some sort of neurological whatever they've said since United can't find any connection between this young man and their healthcare company, is what it's coming. They're still looking, but they can't find a connection. The only thing that the authorities are thinking is that because it's the largest company, that maybe he was going after the largest first. So what I can tell you what flummis me with this and see a lot of people are finding him, which will go into a little bit more later that he's this big hero. He's not a hero. He stopped him in the dock and shot him in the back when he didn't even get to see what he was doing. This man, this man who was a husband and a father of two children, and he works for United. And what I know about United through my healthcare experiences is that they're a TPA, a third party administrator, and that means for self insured groups, they choose somebody to handle their day to day operations, maybe collecting of premiums. Not everybody does all of these things, but there are some things that you can actually do, so they can they can collect premiums, they administer the claim, so they adjudicate them, they go through them. They look at the guidelines that have been set forward from the either the what the employer chose, because they probably have some sort of menu, or what they create themselves. I'm going to give you an example we have. We had a bunch of Catholic hospitals that were here in the Massachusetts, in Boston area, and they were a self funder group through I don't know who did their administration could have been united, but I have no idea. And of course they didn't want to have contraception abortions vyseectomies included because in Catholicism they don't believe in it a man and woman have whatever reason, it's because we were the Bible, we were populating the earth and nobody updated. They're to say, yeah, but we got to feed because half of the people died, we're going to feed them and all that. Anyway, they chose to eliminate those two particular bands because it wasn't within their guidelines, within their the Catholic doctrine. So they could because self under groups, self insured groups can make up these rules. So anyway, this young man shot the executive of a TPA who wasn't even telling people that they couldn't have claims. He's only going by what's outlined for them. So I just don't if he was looking to have some sort of change and we needed. The healthcare in the United States is awful. We have the care, we have the knowledge, we're smart. But as far as doing it in a cost effective manner, I think we are. It's eighteen point five percent at least when I got my masters five or ten years ago, and I don't think it's changed. It's eighteen point five percent of the GPA of the gross domestic excuse me product. I can't even get my letters out GDP of the United States eighteen out. That's huge, just healthcare alone. So we have to be able to do it better. So, but if he wanted to pick up his his grandfather's torch and carry it forward shooting somebody in the back, that's not the way to do it.
Speaker 1: Bobby. When you started off telling this story just right now, talking about he came from privilege, he was rich, it is a great go back to the adage of money does not make you happy. Being wealthy does not make it. Because it's Bobby, he was and he was the valedictorian of this really high end high school. Double what was he a double masters or double ba? He had double degrees.
Speaker 2: Double dom is what he was. He didn't sink this out.
Speaker 1: He was afforded all the luxuries that so many of us wish that we had, and and his grandmother and his inheritance was enormous. But because of these criminal charges, he might not be able to get their inheritance. I'm like, what are you gonna use it for a commissaries?
Speaker 2: Right, because he's gonna be he shot somebody and an absolute you know, cold blood, he's not. And he didn't try to have a conversation as far as anything that was that was completely premeditated.
Speaker 1: He thought this man that that should be a lifetime appointment, you know. But money and privilege does different things. Because you see that she was trying to get the Minita's brothers out, and everybody he talks something, well, they did thirty five years. They killed their parents. Let's remember that they killed their mother and father and they were rich. Yeah, and to do it shot the mother, went out to the car, reloaded and came back and shot her again. That value used to get on my nerves. It was a couple of times I wanted to do some things to her, but I was scared about it. And people say, well, why didn't Why didn't they go stay with friends? They couldn't go stay with any of their friends. They had broken in all of their friends' homes. These were bad people. They are bad kids.
Speaker 2: They are and could their attitudes and whatever changed. Absolutely, But you don't have to go home, do you know? Like he could have said, start a podcast, gather information, but first of all, get the right people who are responsible, and then there's only oh please the insurance company and companies make me crazy anyway. But he doesn't even have there's not even some clear case that we could look at for him and see sort of where where he got.
Speaker 1: About it. Yeah. Well, here's what really blows me out the water. If he thought that he was doing something to heroic. The people that have made him the minern day Robinhood are the ones who are really baffling me, because I'm with you, Bobby. You didn't even face the person that you were going to kill. You shot him in the back. That was in the cowboy Western era. You would get hume for that, because if you had to have a shootout. You shoot out face to face, you have this altercation faced face, you stop this man waiting for him walking away, didn't say anything and just shoving back and killed this man. Like you said, Bobby, he's a parent, he's a dad, he's a husband.
Speaker 2: He's absolutely and he might have done things we don't agree with. He might he did this kid, but it turns turns out he's not. He doesn't. He might have had something valid to say about how he handled the business.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't see it. Yeah, I don't. I don't think he's a hero. And what I'm more disgusted with playing and I really am, is that some of these people that are coming through is a Pierce Pierce. Oh my god, who's the He's English, He's he does like some news. I was gonna I was gonna say, rast didn't. I'm like, I know, that's not right. He had a few a few people on younger people, they were in their twenties. And this one girl, beautiful looking girl, dark hair, was saying that she found this joyful that all of the people that Thompson, he's the CEO, had killed, And I'm like, he didn't kill anybody you know, it's oh my god. He might have handled things, maybe the way you want, you didn't want, But again, he's not making the actual decisions. He's not down holding it, you know, holding their feet to the fire or saying no. It's based on what their insurance, what insurance they actually had some of these, it's ridiculous. You're paying a fortune. United does have a higher cost sharing, meaning you have more deductible copaid co insurance than some of the other plans, but they all seem to be catching up with it because there's only so much money in the pot. We're heavy and unhealthy, so we need a lot of insurance. In this country.
Speaker 1: The mindset of America is sit back. It really is, because it's just crazy. Bobby. I don't understand. And I'm not saying that we our logic is always completely right, but good god, do you just not see the pitch in the frame? Why does the picture have to be outside the frame? No?
Speaker 2: I don't get it. And you know what I found as a weird which kind of keeps popping up in my mind. So this was a guy who didn't really do anything. He did the wrong thing, and he thought he was making some sort of statement and people were rah rah rah rah rah. And then you have Daniel Penny, who was found not guilty of killing kind. I know Nealy is his last name. I cont to Jordan, but he was somebody who when for Neely who I think. I think at the bottom line is that the healthcare system filled him with mental health because he had such mental health. He was going up to people on the train telling him he was going to kill them. He doesn't care if he goes to jail. He wasn't begging for money. That's what they thought in the beginning. That wasn't what was happening. It was somebody that was so desperate that he was going to make some sort of something. That's what Daniel Penny thought, good or bad. And maybe the charges should have been written up differently and he would have been found guilty on something. But he is somebody that took action to help others, and he's a villain, and the other one shot somebody in the back and somehow he's a hero. I think there's some weird juxtaposition.
Speaker 1: Daniel Petty is a villain in my eyes because he's a trained marine. My partner is in the military, was in the military, yeap, and they tell you you cannot use that choke hold because that choke hol will kill you in a minute and a half on civilians once you get out of the military. This is what my partner just told me. So I'm like, okay, it wasn't that he didn't subdue the man. He had the man subdued, but he would not let go. He kept the same hard choke hold on this man the entire time that you could have released once you had him down and he nodded out of the way, you could have released, but you continued to choke hold him, and then you got off, and then you went to a bar celebrating with your lawyer in public. People took video of it. You know, big brother sees everything.
Speaker 2: Now, Oh no, I thought that was I thought that was distasteful. Would you go up, maybe go go a few things over to have your celebratory luncheon or whatever you're gonna have. But I'm just saying he took a risk, and he wasn't the only one. There were people holding him down with him. But then, but and we think he's terrible, But a guy who shoots somebody in the dark in the back we we think he's wonderful, but we're joyful that he did something about the healthcare.
Speaker 1: Again, the mindset of America is a setback because there's a setup for a said.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're both wrong. I don't want you to think I'm just I just it's it's how different.
Speaker 1: I don't know well that prayers to Prayers to the Jordaneeley family, Prayers to the family of mister Thompson's. Yeah, so listen, Bobby were episode number twenty eight. We're coming up to the end of the year. I know you guys have had a fabulous twenty twenty four because twenty twenty five we're gonna really have to brace ourselves to see what is coming down the pike. We can run, we can hide, but if you're an America and then you live here, what we do is dig our heels into the ground and we just stand up against the wind and battle the wind because the wind is coming. But we thank you guys for supporting us here at Laughing Lane because we could not do this podcast without you. And you can follow me on Instagram at Monroe Flame and follow me on all social media platforms. That's Flame. Monroe TikTok Flame, Monroe one two five. I'm still banned on Instagram by the way, at Monroe Flame, and you can follow Bobby Clifford at Clifford Bobby on Instagram and Bobby Clifford on Facebook. We are here because you are here with us. Please sell your friends to well. I goutted us. Five new fans said they Bobby on the plane. By the way, a woman sat next to me. She's coming to the paget behind her sister's sows. She watched me on coffee time. I told her to listen to the podcast, so she's coming to the pageant. We appreciate you guys. I know we uh, we're not always consistent with coming on, but sometimes I'll be moving around, sometimes Aaron be moving around. The only one that's always really ready and willing to go is Bobby. But uh yeah, we thank you guys for riding with us, and we apologize for not always dropping on Wednesday. But here's the propogerous part. A lot of times the information really hits on Thursday, so we probably should be taping on Thursday because something seems to always happen the day after we take But right now, we just hear it to tell you, thank you, we appreciate you, and we will see you into it what we will see you next week. But Bobby, Bobby, you you don't have any clothes and words before we hit them. When i'm when i'm, I.
Speaker 2: Don't have anything. The only thing I do, the only other subject matter. I want people to kind of look at it because I'm thinking of our situation now, not that I'm saying that we're going there is. You saw that that Syria had a civil war and they foul, they pushed out Asad that whole horrible family. So just you know, when when you do your work and you and you keep fighting and you can get you can't get the bad people, uh you know, out of the chop seats. So just keep that in mind. And you saw putin welcome dinner and with with open arms.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen, pood to be having dinner at the White House come February.
Speaker 2: Wait Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: He's coming to see his sweet haul.
Speaker 4: Yeah plea.
Speaker 1: Never hear left. We are not trying to get you to change your mind. The model will never change. We are not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind, because why Bobby, because.
Speaker 2: A mind and a volt are a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 1: And you damn sure them wasted some of your votes. But so let's just let's hold on to the man because the vote is gone for at least for the next four years. Thank you guys for joining us. Thank thank you to Bob.
Speaker 2: You keep saying to Toms because if we could, if we don't do anything, they could win, they could be solid, but we could get the House in that and the Senate back and make things really miserable.
Speaker 1: Well that's where on that that's really pushed the ladies and Joe, if you are listening to us, we got two years to really get back our house and got said, if you want to get into politics, please do, please do, and please vote locally because the steps to get to where he's at now. He's the only person who didn't have to do anything local. Everybody else had to be something else. He just had to be a reality TV star and y'all voted for him. Shame on, y'all. Thank you so much for joining us this week. Thank you baby, Thank you aaronduces. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn, Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, ALI Heart Radio, app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you, guys, this is Flaming Road. Don't forget to laugh. Listen and learn.