Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and he Armstrong and Yeddy or any possibility that the president would end up hardening his son. No, I just said no. I just answered, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Will you accept the jury's outcome, their verdict no matter what it is.
Speaker 2: Yes? And have you ruled out a pardon for your son? Yes, I'm extremely proud of my son Hunter.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to do it.
Speaker 2: I said, I buy by the jury decision. I will do that. I'll not put Does the President have any intention of pardoning him?
Speaker 4: We've been asked that question multiple times. Our answer stands, which is now.
Speaker 2: President Biden says that he's not partner's son Hunter. Is he going to ask Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: To do that. I don't have anything else to share about that. I'm not going to get and go down a rabbit hole on this. I've been very clear. The present has been very clear when we've been asked this question.
Speaker 2: Well, and then Hunter Biden had December, which it now is circled on his calendar for quite some time, because in the next couple of weeks he had two different cases in which he was going to be sentenced for things he was already found guilty of, and then he had been shuffled off to jail for one to however many years as a wealthy guy in his mid fifties who's not used to that sort of lifestyle. And his dad came through yesterday with a blanket pardon of the last ten years, which he'll keep him out of jail in any trouble from here on out. I was just looking at a Hunter up on the TV. First of all, it's interesting that every news channel I've got leading with the Hunter Biden pardon story since getting a lot of attention. And Hunter, a really good looking guy with good genetics in his background, has meth mouth full meth mouth. Now, kids, don't do the drugs. No matter what you look like, you're gonna look like a meth head after you do it. For a while, I learned from the Bob Woodward book that I almost finished over vacation, that I either would reminded or never knew that Hunter was actually making crack. He learned how to make crack and was making.
Speaker 3: Crack and resourceful, and he had accomplished what is known as a bell ringer, cracks holy grail, which is the ultimate feeling you can get from doing crack.
Speaker 2: And and he had and then he chased that for years. Once you have a bell ringer, it's like your only thing you want is to get another bell ringer. But so that it's like when that that the first time you brew up a batch of home brewed beer, and it's just perfect. The way to go Hunter, way to hang in there and tell you like you're like breaking bad burn down your RV. You get you get to exploded in the desert, but you hung in there, got to go, but got himself a bell ringer. But it doesn't matter whatever he did wrong around not pay any eight taxes is a rich guy. The rich need to pay their fresh share unless their names under Biden taxes, guns, whatever else. Not registering is abort all that sort of stuff. Don't have to worry about it anymore. Your dad pardoned you. Now the Bidens are above the law. Just suck it up, America. So the President has issued to pardon. I'm going to read part of the official bit of it for reasons that shall become obvious. A full and unconditional pardon for Robert Hunter. Biden for those offenses against the United States which he has committed or may have committed or taken pardon during the period from January one, twenty fourteen, through December one, twenty twenty four Why that was yesterday. So presumably if he commits another crime today, they can go ahead and prosecute him. But yes, that is a.
Speaker 1: Decade long pardon for anything that ever comes up.
Speaker 2: I don't know about, y'all.
Speaker 1: I haven't committed that many felonies that I would need that sort of blanket everything I did, pardon for it decade, which dates from almost the week right that he took the gig as a director at Barisma in Ukraine and laundered millions of millions of dollars for the Biden family in ten percent of course for the big guy.
Speaker 2: Wow. So pardon for things he is convicted of and anything he could be convicted of, that's ending.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So the statement from the President today, I assigned a pardon for my son Hunter. From the day I took office, I said I would not interfere with the Justice Department's decision making, and I kept my word even as I've watched my son being selectively and unfairly prosecuted if you're if you're like a comedian or you're doing a live show or something like that, you got to pause for a second. It's called a laugh break, right, isn't that what it's called? Uh, you got to pause for the laugh. And then I go on the idea that he was selectively and unfairly prosecuted without aggravating factors like used in a crime. Oh, this is about the gun charge. Multiple purchases or buying weapon as a straw purchaser. People are almost never brought to trial on felony charges solely for how they filled out a gun for him. The gun charge is actually interesting from a Second Amendment point of view. We've discussed this a little bit, the idea that I can't buy a gun if I have used illegal drugs or end quote unquote an addict who besides that, it's a fundamental right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't have to start quartering troops because you were a drug addict at one point, right, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, somebody could absolutely make the argument that I'm a Scotch addict. I don't think I am, but and therefore I give up my Second Amendment rights. Right, So we we'll table that motion put it aside those who were late paying their.
Speaker 2: Titles because with that, but I am the problem with that is he's not out there making some argument for a change in the federal law.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you're absolutely right. You're absolutely right. I just I choose to focus on the other stuff because it is unimpeachable part of the expression from any direction on any level. The tax stuff is as solid as Gibraltar. Anyway, here's a back to the mummified president's statement. Those who are late paying their taxes because of serious addictions, but paid them back subsequently with interest and penalties. If a weird o rich guy you meeted a party donor decides to pay off your bills psuge Democrat asked kisser and donor, Yes, she paid off Hunter's penalties. Anyway, they're typically given non criminal resolutions. It was clear that Hunter was treated differently. The charges in this case came about only after several of my political opponents in Congress instigated them to attack me and oppose my election. That was your own Justice department who prosecuted the guy that a carefully negotiated plea deal agreed to by the Department of Justice unraveled in the courtroom, with a number of political opponents in Congress taking credit.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: I would love to depart for a moment and talk about that unholy sweetheart Plea deal that the judge said, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, am I reading this correctly?
Speaker 1: And then ask the prosecutors have you ever cut a deal like this before?
Speaker 2: No, have you ever even heard of a deal like this before?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I guess not, your honor.
Speaker 1: So Joe Biden is now claiming that that Plea deal was quote careful and negotiated, agreed to by the Department of Justice.
Speaker 2: Oh, my god, had the Plea deal healthy?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: So it would have been a fair reasonable resolution of Hunter's cases. No reasonable person who looks at the facts of Hunter's cases can reach any other conclusion that that Hunter was singled out because he is my son.
Speaker 2: And that is wrong.
Speaker 1: There's been an effort to break Hunter, who's been five and a half years sober, even in the face of unrelenting attacks and selective prosecution and trying to break Hunter.
Speaker 2: They've tried to break me. There's no reason to believe it will stop here. Enough is enough for my entire career.
Speaker 1: I followed a simple, simple principle, just tell the American people the truth. Excuse me for a moment. Full academic law school scholarship. Only one to get the scholarship, graduated top of his class, won the International Moot Court competition. Graduated with three degrees. His son Bo died in a rock. He was a civil rights warrior, been to a rock forty times, appointed to the Naval Academy, Arrested with Nelson Mandela.
Speaker 2: I'm a truck driver. Spoke to the inventor of his insulin.
Speaker 1: His house burned down, raised in a Puerto Rican community, visited the Tree of Life Synagogue, and track travels. Full Professor at U Penn. Great grandpa was coal miner. Uncle was eaten by cannibals. Stat's at creational baseball game. He's a football start. He was shot at overseas. First to graduate college in his family, Arrested to civil rights process, number of tristed, a number of meetings, recision.
Speaker 2: Paying trunk driver killed his family.
Speaker 1: That is not even the full list of all the times Joe Biden has been caught lying like a rug to the American people, but back to uncle.
Speaker 2: Was eaten by cannibals and still get the laugh out of me. Now I will tell you this list.
Speaker 1: This list also includes the battle with corn Pop. I choose to believe that the story of corn Pop was true because I enjoy it.
Speaker 2: It's like believing in Santa. You don't want it to not be true. Was a bad dude.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I've always told the American people the truth.
Speaker 2: Then they'll be fair minded. Here's the truth.
Speaker 1: I believe in the justice system, but as I've wrestled with this, I also believe raw politics has infected this process and it led to a miscarriage of justice. And once I made the decision this weekend.
Speaker 2: You've made that.
Speaker 1: Decision the second your son was convicted, you lion mummy.
Speaker 2: There's no sense in delaying it further.
Speaker 1: I hope Americans will understand why a father and a president would come to this decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's because your kids a hecke Well yeah, and again people I suppose would do that. But that's a heck of a phrase. The whole I believe in the justice system, but it was corrupted by politics and came to an unfair verdict. Okay, then you don't believe in the justice system. Right, So go ahead.
Speaker 1: I was just going to say, Mike, the lawyer from Chicago says, here's the thought. The Justice Department challenges the validity on the pardon on the grounds that the president lacks the mental capacity to understand the meaning of the war.
Speaker 2: He's a kindly old man with a bad memory, right exactly. I love it The New York Times, Rights of all people. Mister Biden's pardon will make it harder for Democrats to defend the integrity of the Justice Department, of course, because he just said they bend to political will sometimes and stand against mister Trump's unapologetic plans to use it for political purposes, even as he seeks to install cash betel blah blah blah. We all know that story, or we're going to get to it later. It would also be harder for Democrats to criticize mister Trump for his prolific use of the pardon power to absolve friends and ally, some of whom could have been witnesses against him in previous investigations. Right, this does make it easier for Trump to get away with a if he pardon. Obviously, even some supporters of mister Biden, writes The New York Times said his decision opened the door for mister Trump to further warp the system by pointing to his predeces sister's own words and actions. Right, so, yeah, that's obviously true.
Speaker 1: Prosecutors said Hunter Biden invaded taxes by claiming hundreds of thousands of dollars in false deductions, including the infamous writing off payments to horrors and dancers, sex club membership, his daughter's law school tuition, his business expenses.
Speaker 2: And again, the president's.
Speaker 1: Son filed these tax papers after he had become sober.
Speaker 2: And the party of the rich don't pay their fair share. I mean, that's just too rich for me. I mean, I yeah, like I'd have to scrape the frosting off of this cake. It's too rich. I mean a cup of coffee to cut it. You're the part of the rich don't pay their fair share. But in this case, the rich was paying nothing. He was paying zero on his millions of dollars coming in, and his dad pardons him when he gets caught, right, right. Final note.
Speaker 1: Noahrothman National Review points out that when it comes to what he calls Hunter's sordid conduct, the voting public never believed the president, despite the administration's protests and its defense and Hunters, staggeringly large majorities believe the president's son was guilty of the charges against him. A majority said they thought the government had provided Hunter with more favorable treatment. Yeah, than a less well connected figure would receive when a jerry convicted Hunter of the charges against him. Most voters, in spite of the attempt at the backdoor sweetheart deal, most voters approved of that outcome. They told polsters they believed that the president had benefited from his son's indiscretions and that his interventions on his son's behalf were inappropriate. Wow, majorities of all voters on all of those side issues.
Speaker 2: Trump has got to be thinking, this is just awesome. This is awesome. So you just made it clear to everybody that this is a game of the Justice Department goes after people they want to bring down, and then the president can pardon whoever they want. Man, you just played right into his whole bang. Yeah. Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: I am comforted by the notion that Hunter will be alive when all of the Biden money laundering family truths come out eventually.
Speaker 2: As I suspect you think the oil boy I think it's dead and gone. I hope you're right. No, I think it'll come out.
Speaker 1: In fact, I'm very very confident in that how much attention it will get, given our fixation on the politics of the moment, maybe not that much.
Speaker 2: Happy Cyber Monday, everybody. We've got some interesting economic news coming out of Black Friday and a bunch of other stuff on the waistay here.
Speaker 5: Experts tell us that the steepest deals will likely be on Cyber Monday, for things electronics and apparel, and because the online sales for Black Friday were so strong, that boats well for what could be another record breaking day on Cyber Monday as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes, as we know through the years, sometimes money just gets moved around. You're going to spend a certain amount, and you spend it on these days as opposed to closer to Christmas or whatever. So you gotta wait and see how it turns out. What percentage of.
Speaker 1: The population do you believe still thinks the best deals are like Black Friday to today.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I've never thought that. It doesn't make any sense, so I don't know. I never ever thought about it in my lived experience. No, I've just never thought about the so called sales unless it's a doorbuster to just get people in the door, in which you have to roll around on the floor at the Walmart and fight somebody for and there's usually some piece of Chinese crap that you don't need anyway. But did you see some of the fight videos from around America. That's a good time all we in American tradition. People rolling on on the floor of their Walmart beating on each other. It is silly me. I was spending time with family and good friends. Oh so, I don't know if there are more of the manius, but everybody's got a phone now, so there's you know one that many years ago, you could have one of those and it would disappear. Nobody would hear about it. Now, one fight one Walmart anywhere in the country, there's gonna be twenty different angles of it right as people screaming ye and bash their heads against the floor. It's just absolutely amazing. People are animals given the right circumstances. Speaking of Thanksgiving and sales and all that sort of stuff. I just saw this. I'm a doctor. This is the headline in the New York Post. I'm a doctor. What to do if you haven't pooped since Thanksgiving? That holy that's in the paper today is that there's a Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday four days later.
Speaker 1: You gotta go for the big e. I mean, you gotta get things moving. That's wait, what you would since Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: What did you eat? I guess and you're pretty well maybe you ate. I don't know. Did you bring us this? Last week? I saw the headline and over kale, there's a new nutrient in town. Beans. So I saw the headline and thought, oh yeah, Joe told us about the beans. So that's all your hit friends are gonna be talking about. Oh you don't eat beans, you gotta eat beans. They do this and that whatever.
Speaker 1: As Yeah, I brought this story and completely forgot about it. Every couple of years, Oh yeah, beans. Every couple of years they come up with a new one. That's just the Here's here's my tip as a guy who gained three and a half pounds over the last week. Don't eat so much pie and milkshakes and you'll be less likely to gain weight.
Speaker 2: Then that's what I've learned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my house is piloss for the first time since last week, and we I finished off the pumpkin pie last night.
Speaker 2: Dang it, that's it. See, that's it. That's it's the advantage or maybe you're dying. That's the advantage of hosting. As I went to my parents' house and it was fabulous with the kids and my brother was there and stuff like that, but you know, no leftovers to bring home, So disappointing.
Speaker 1: Coming up, the Oxford University Press is named It's phrase or word of the Year.
Speaker 2: And I actually think it's a pretty good one.
Speaker 1: Plus, let's take a look at some of Trump's recent nominations or would be appointees in an unbiased, non mainstream media hysterical way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the new FBI director getting the most attention, so we'll talk about that, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: President elect Donald Trump announcing he plans to nominate Cash Patel as the next director of the FBI, A longtime Trump ally, Patel rising to prominence as a congressional aid pushing back against the Russia investigation during Trump's first term. But Patel's nomination still needs to be approved by the Senate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess you start with naming a new FBI director is not a thing, really like it is having an attorney general or a Secretary of Housing and Urban Development. The FBI director has a ten year term, and if it's up, you pick somebody, but if it's not, you usually let it run its course, which is part of the whole wanting the FBI to be separate from politics thing.
Speaker 1: Right worth noting that the president of letting the guy you know run out his term was broken by Trump the last time when he fired Comy who needed to be fired that one in favor of Chris Ray, he was currently in the gig. Yeah, firing Comy perfectly justifiable. Ray is somebody Trump picked and is respected and liked.
Speaker 2: By a fair number of people. But having bounced around a lot of social media over the last forty eight hours, a lot of you, if you're a maga Trump person, are really excited about Cash Pattel taking on the FBI and doing his thing. A couple of let me hit you with a positive thing before I get into some of the negatives that the mainstream media are putting out about Patel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And if I might just jump in and say we are I am speaking for myself just in a finding out, appraising and weighing mode. A lot of the media, and a lot of humanity immediately leaps to because Trump appointed him, and here's why. Or he's the hero that America needs because Trump appointed him, and here's why. And we're just going to take a look at Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if i'd ever heard the guy's name before, so I went in with no opinion. I still have no opinion at this point. I think Mars Halpern writes in his newsletter today, there are definitely and we'll get to some of the troubling stuff. There are definitely some troubling, questionable aspects of Patel's background that must get scrutiny and explanation. But approximately seventy five percent of what Ruth Marcus and the New York Times reporters have seized on appears to be just nitpicky. Mccarthuried establishment opposition thought that was interesting. That's shock. No, Patel might not make it through the confirmation, but the rallying around him by both MAGA and most Republicans on the Hill is quite a bit different than it was with Matt Gates when he was named for Attorney General. So there's much more rallying going on already. Now. Some of the things that Patel. Well, first we'll play this clip. This was a Patel on Steve Bannon's radio show whenever it was back in the day. He said this, we will go out and.
Speaker 6: Find the conspirators, not just in government, but in the media. Yes, we're going to come after the people in the media who lied about American citizens who.
Speaker 2: Helped Joe Biden rig presidential elections. We're going to come after you.
Speaker 1: Whether it's criminal or civilly, we'll figure that out.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we're putting you all on noticing. So he's going to go after people in the media who said things that were true untrue according to him about the whole rush oaks and there was a lot, but that's not really a thing we do where we.
Speaker 1: You know, put ingregious examples of deliver it to slander and that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one more of these before I, uh, what do I what's that when you a caveat to this, I guess Patel, I'm reading from the Wall Street Journal here. Patel, one of the FBI's sharpest attackers, said in a September interview on a conservative podcast or show. So this was just a couple of months ago that if he were FBI director, he would shut down the FBI Hoover Building on day one and reopen it the next day as a museum of the deep State. He suggested that the bureau had become too powerful and that he would strip out of its intelligence gathering role and purge of it employees. We refuse to go along with Trump's agenda. My caveat would be that in the modern world, politicians and certainly just regular guests say all kinds of crazys that they don't mean or plan to follow through on whatsoever. But he had definitely got to ask the guy about that in a confirmation hearing. Obviously, is your plan if your FBI director in day one to close the building, lock the doors, and turn it into a museum of the deep state the next day?
Speaker 1: Just confirming right, and again the reason my hair isn't on fire in either direction for a lot of these nominees, and Patel reminds me a little bit of Tulsey Gabbard in some ways, which I'll explain a minute, but to your point, because I was thinking the same thing in.
Speaker 2: The modern world of.
Speaker 1: Media, and I just don't mean mainstream media here, but the alternative media podcasts and the rest of it as you move from one role to another to another. From he was a top eight on the House, which one of the investigative committees looking into the Russia collusion hoax. He had a very specific role and he measured his speech in specific ways. And then he was a private citizen and Trump campaign advisor and surrogate and went on these talk shows and he couched his phrases in his speaking as a guy in that role. If he became FBI director, and you know, I'm sure you're tracking with me, fine, but what I mean is he said stuff in a really entertaining it'll cut through the clutter way.
Speaker 2: Then if he's.
Speaker 1: Sitting in the big chair, I'm sure, as a very bright guy, he will readjust again. But I'm glad there's going to be hearing. But you know, somebody said something wild on a podcast. Therefore dot dot no sorry, Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'll have the opportunity there in the hearing in front of a bunch of senators to come off as a know, a different sort of guy or not, and we'll get the chance to see that. Patel, who worked in Trump's first administration, according to the Washington Post, has publicly mused about targeting journalists and government officials, as we just heard, and he published a list of deep state names in a book last year called Government Gangsters. Promotional materials for the book included a quote from Trump who called it a roadmap highlighting every corrupt actor and a blueprint to help us take back the White House and remove these gangsters from all of government. I'm fine with that. Appearing last night last year in the war Room, that's the clip we just played where he was on Steve Bannon's show and vowed to go and find the conspiracies, not just in government, but in the media. We're going to come after these people. We're going to come after you, either criminally or civilly. And we'll see if he stands by that. He has very little management or law enforcement experience. Getting back to what we were saying about hegxeth and Department of Fence. I don't know defense. I don't know what I think about that either.
Speaker 1: Well, the fact that administrative or law enforcement, to me, that's that's a troubling, you know, aspect of this, because the FBI, for all of its sins, does incredibly important work protecting all of us from organized crime, from Chinese intelligence agents, from drug traffickers, from just all sorts of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I was trying to find I've got it here somewhere. The quote from Bill Barr, the former Attorney at General, who people on the left think was a you know, a toady of trumps. When Cash Patel was put up to be the second in command at the FBI, Barr said, over my dead body, this guy is not going to be involved in the FBI. So that was Barr's feeling about Patel.
Speaker 1: Is he a reformer or is he there to lay waste to it out of sheer meanness and retribution?
Speaker 2: Let's ask him. Ah, you know that whole struck and his girlfriend and you know, we've got a backup plan and all that stuff that came out that was all bad stuff. There's a lot of people that seem pretty politically motivated the lying about information, so you could get a warrant to spy on people and stuff. There are some bad stuff that happened there over several years. Is that common? Is our way to root that out? I would like to know that.
Speaker 1: And I could certainly defend the idea, and I'm not defending Patel in particular because I'm not sold on him, but the idea that somebody might come in for a limited period of time and see as his brief his mandate to fix what's wrong, to really go after what had gotten twisted within the FBI.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's not long term leader. Maybe as it turns out, he will just.
Speaker 1: Be the the angel of change and reform and and you know, opening the window and letting the sunshine disinfect. And then he gives way to somebody who's a more you know, a conventional leader that might actually be useful. But again I make no prejudgment. I do, however, have a strong opinion on Omaha Steaks, our beloved sponsors. Nothing delivers comfort and joy quite like the unrivaled quality and taste of Omaha Steaks. Perfect gift to give it to my dad every year. He loves it. Oh my gosh, the quality. And we're both steak snobs around here. Yeah, love the steaks.
Speaker 2: Holy God, that Filame Mignon repped and bacon thingy that they got. And it shows up at your house in the styrofoam thing with the with the dry ice, and I mean it shipped your house so well put it right in the freezer, thought out when you need it, and then the apple tartlets and all the different things. So dang good. So right now you can get fifty percent off site wide at Omaha Steaks dot com, score in extra thirty dollars off with the promo code Armstrong.
Speaker 1: And you know, do you have a big, fat budget, They've got some unbelievable big packages. Or if you know you're a more modest spender, they can absolutely help you out at Omaha Stakes again, get fifty percent off at Omaha Steaks dot com in an extra thirty bucks off with the promo code Armstrong Omaha Steaks dot Com. Remember that promo code Armstrong. Minimum purchases may apply. Omaha Steaks Yum Yum gets your steak on man for some reason, I think, is there anything else important about the mixed response? You got a couple of senators saying, yeah, I'm not sold on this guy, in a couple of saying now it seems like a good guy to me.
Speaker 2: I say, just we hold earrings. Yeah. Well, as Halpin wrote, the entire audience for all of this is the Republican senators. Because you just you need fifty Republican senators to say, he's okay with me, and so you can you lose four and you're done. So that's the whole ballgame right there. How many Republican senators are going to say, nah, I don't want this guy to be the FBI director. Does Trump fire Ray, which again is unprecedented except for Trump doing it one time to fire the FBI director because the way it looks, Does Trump fire Ray before the hearing? And then so you've got an opening you got to get somebody? Is that the way it works? Hmm? Interesting question.
Speaker 1: One more note for me from the quoting the Wall Street Journal editorial board, we'll paraphrasing anyway. They pointed out that and this, I mean this flows directly from Joe Biden absolutely perverting the Justice Department or clouding its reputation by his own Justice Department, convicts his own lawless, tax evating money laundering son, and then he pardons the boy for all sins real and imagined over a ten year period, including money laundering and failing to register as a foreign agent and the rest of it, and then claims in the pardon notice as we were discussing that I had to do this because the Justice apartment is so corrupt and perverted.
Speaker 2: I mean, so come on.
Speaker 1: But the idea that the Wall Street Journal is putting forth is the country doesn't need a GOP version of the worst of the excesses of the Democrat run Justice Department because it's bad for the country. And I know that the temptation among a lot of people is they hit us in the mouth.
Speaker 2: We got to hit them out of the mouth. That's Chicago way.
Speaker 1: But I think a better idea is let's do it right, show America how this is better, and then win elections.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so a number of things. I followed the news a lot more than I probably should over vacation. I got a whole bunch of different, tiny little things. I'd like to get to ging the what is it the word or phrase of the year? Yeah, definitely want to hear that. I love End of the Year lists. I don't know why I've loved him since I was a kid. I also give my son a speech that you gave your son one time years ago and probably used the same words over the break, which was handy. I never had to really go already have it in my pocket since you'd given it. I'm intrigued among other things on the way stay here. I was straight across from Taylor Swift at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday. I waved to her. I don't know if she saw me or not.
Speaker 1: She's probably trying to play it coold, you know, the way celebrities do.
Speaker 2: She's like, hey, there's Jack. Yeah, it's cool about it. I don't want Travis. Oh, it's coolest, freezing. I'm not used to cold weather. I don't think that would have bothered me back in the day. But it was like thirty degrees and then when the sun went down behind it and it got cloudy, I mean when it was getting dark, it was cold in there. There's no question. As a former Chicago boy, you acclimate to cold weather. Absolutely. Yeah. The other locals seem to be fine, but I was dying my sons yeah oof ah.
Speaker 1: So the good folks at Oxford University Press have as is their wont declared their phrase or word of the Year. It is a term that captures concerns. Well, that's you're giving away the punchline. The phrase that won this year is brain rot. Brain rot. It is a term that captures concerns about the impact of consuming excessive amounts of low quality online content, especially on social media.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if I've heard anybody use that, but that is a good phrase slash term that we should all be aware of because I know people who suffer from it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, granted this is Oxford, they're in England, they don't even speak our language, corners, but they apparently usage of the term saw an increase of two hundred from twenty twenty three to twenty twenty four. The praise I tell you who doesn't have brain rot is my daughter, who is home with us all Thanksgiving week. But she was studying for nine ten hours a day for her law school finals, her first law school finals. And we told her, look, we're on team Delaney. We're gonna do nothing to distract you. We're not gonna guilt you into coming down to do this that you tell us.
Speaker 2: How we can help and what did? She work? Like crazy?
Speaker 1: But anyway, turns out actually going to law school is a lot more work.
Speaker 2: Than thinking about it, which is what I did.
Speaker 1: Anyway, brain rot beat five beat out five other phrases on the short list, which included demure. I have no idea why that would be on the list's you know, it's kind of restrained in appearance or behavior, not showy.
Speaker 7: Yes, Katie, this this trans guy made me your takeoff on TikTok about a month ago.
Speaker 2: Oka's why that's back? And what did he do now?
Speaker 7: He was sitting in his car and said, of course, yeah, right where all videos are shot apparently, so I'm mindful and demure, and was talking about how he puts his makeup on, and for whatever ungodly reason, it took.
Speaker 2: Off, right, gotcha, all right, sir.
Speaker 1: Dynamic Pricing also made the short list.
Speaker 2: Which a right, that's a good one. Yeah. I found that out when I got the uh bacon eator at Wendy's and it was twelve bucks because we bought it during dinner time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I still don't know what I think about it. I mean, I know what I think about it intellectually, but.
Speaker 2: Your story or whatever you want, all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And if I don't like it, I won't come anymore. But in my gut, pun intended. If I get there and they've jacked up the sandwich because this is the time of day when people are hungry, I'm like dudes.
Speaker 2: Lore was on the list.
Speaker 1: Romantic a genre of fiction combining elements of romantic fiction and fantasy, typically featuring themes of magic, the supernatural, or adventure alongside the central romantics.
Speaker 2: Or something I would hate and run from as if I were on fire. You're not very well rounded.
Speaker 1: And finally, slop, which is art, writing or other content generated using AI, shared and distributed online in an indiscriminate or intrusive way, and characterized as being of low quality, inauthentic, or inaccurate.
Speaker 2: Okay, slop, Huh? How much time I got, Michael depends on you keep eating like that about two minutes. Okay. So I mentioned I gave my son a speech that you gave your son once. I'm trying to remember if you said this on the air, and I hope you did. Was it the same.
Speaker 1: Speech Pete Hegseth's mother gave him. Oh, we have to do that in our speaking of nominees. I still want to talk about him and Telsea Gabbard and a couple others.
Speaker 2: We have to do that in our three. So I think you said thus in the air, but your your son had a certain hairstyle once and then you talk to him about You are fine with that, but you know you're portraying a certain sort of person and you're gonna get treated that way, and you just need to understand that. And I had that conversation with my son as he always gets pulled out of line at the airport and the full frisk down, which I've never happened. He's had it happen like ten times in his life. And he also talks about people follow him around the stores. When he goes in the store, they follow him around. I said, well, dude, if you're gonna I won't explain his look, but he has a certain look because he thinks it looks cool, the Kim Jong yell look. If you're gonna go with that look, people are gonna keep an eye on you. They're gonna think you might be there to steal or maybe you're a terrorist. And it's just I mean, you say, you can do it if you want, but you're projecting a certain look. And so when people react to that look, the way you're projecting, you can't blame them.
Speaker 1: Is the juice or the squeeze is worth the trouble whatever you're expressing. That that changes through a person's life.
Speaker 2: Right right, right, right right, So I'll see how that lands suggests to be more demure. Exactly exactly, Yeah, Hexet's mom weighed in on his uh whether or not he ought to be Secretary of Defense. That's odd speak tuned Armstrong and Getty