Speaker 1: Hi, Welcome to a Bobycast special about Brian Wilson. So either you're bored and you're looking for any new content this weekend, or you're a music nerd like Eddie and myself and you want to hear us talk about Brian Wilson for a little bit. Brian Wilson is was the lead singer the creator of the Beach Boys, but not always the lead singer because he got out for a while. Correct, Brian Wilson died a couple things, and I want to do to put into context how great Brian Wilson was that writing and arranging. Here is Brian Wilson singing. Can we play this Mike or we go to jail? It's not an official recording.
Speaker 2: Let it related.
Speaker 1: Well we have some isolated Yeah, this is nice of vocals.
Speaker 2: That's not the song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it's not, let it rip, I say just give it. Yeah, go on two, three, four.
Speaker 3: Safing for and then.
Speaker 1: Break wa going across. It's so sad to watch a sweet thing.
Speaker 3: Who can man.
Speaker 1: Knows me?
Speaker 3: So wait too?
Speaker 1: They played that at the funeral. I think I.
Speaker 2: Just just cried. I mean, yeah, it's so sad.
Speaker 1: I didn't know him.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's artists. It's it's tough with artists because like, yes, we didn't know him, but gosh, we feel like we knew a lot about it because we listened to a lot of that music.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: And then I watched the television movie back in the day too, the movie movie, Yeah, they made for television movie is it the Love?
Speaker 2: What was the name of that movie?
Speaker 1: It starts out and then like is the guy drowns?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: So as a kid, I was like, I'm interested. But then as a kid it was full house.
Speaker 2: That's all right, Which he wasn't on Full House, Brian, No.
Speaker 1: But the Beach Boys were. And that's where I learned about the Beach Boys. But Brian Wilson, the founder of the Beach Boys, died. He was eighty two years old. They announced his death on Wednesday of last week. He also was the dad too.
Speaker 2: Rebel Carne Wilson No Rebel Wilson's Australia. I knew I was off on that Laney Laney Wilson, Wilson, Carnie Wilson, who was in Wilson Phillips.
Speaker 1: Yes, someday somebody's gonna make you want to turn around and say bye. So we are stepping away from our usual format to honor one of the greatest musical minds of the last century. What's your favorite Beach Boy song?
Speaker 2: God only knows, go. God only knows what I'd be with that. God, Yeah, it's awesome what i'd be? I mean it, I don't know, dude. Beach Boys to me were such a just like the sound was so iconic. It was like nothing else I know there was, like Jane and Dean. I'd say they were the first vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I say they were the first to beach like, Hey, this artist is a vibe. I think the Beach Boys were the first vibe.
Speaker 2: They were definitely the first vibe and like in order to like. And it may be backwards to where, yes, we associated with California in summertime, because that's what the marketing was. But I think that sound just it made you think automatically of warm sun outside water, beach all that, just by the sound that we heard right there in those isolated vocals.
Speaker 1: Our wedding song, if our first dance was a Beach Boys song, Yeah, it was, wasn't it. It was Brian Wilson singing if tomorrows of it. I do You Forever. Not to be confused, it was sang in Full House by Jesse and the Rippers. Not to be confused, but and although the Beach Boys weren't on Full House, that was Jesse and the Rippers big song. And that was a Brian Wilson song forever. Yeah, he did sing that song. That was the first song we danced too. But Brian Wilson was the heart that sould, the brain behind the Beach Boys. Died eighty two years old. What I learned too from the documentary that I watched on the Wrecking Crew.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because.
Speaker 1: They played They played on a bunch of the Beach Boys stuff.
Speaker 2: Which pissed a lot of the Beach Boys off.
Speaker 1: Well, because they would make the records while the Beach Boys were touring. Brian Wilson wouldn't tour, correct, He would stay back and make the records with the Wrecking Crew, and the band would go out and make the money. But Brian Wilson would have everything. He just kind of set and have all the music and the guys will come in and sing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brian Wilson'd be like, Hey, come to the studio, We're ready. To record, and they show up and the album's done. Other than the vocals that he wanted Mike Love and all those other guys to sing, They're like, what, like, you did everything already.
Speaker 1: So his life, we're gonna go to the little bit of it. His real name is Brian Wilson. That doesn't happen a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brian Wilson.
Speaker 1: Do you know his middle name for one hundred.
Speaker 2: Bucks, Reginald.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it has nothing to do with anything Douglas Douglas.
Speaker 2: Gosh, what if I would have gotten that though.
Speaker 1: Brian Douglas Wilson born nineteen forty two in Hawthorne, California, the oldest of three brothers. I bet you can name.
Speaker 2: The brothers Dennis and Brian Dennis and it is Carl Carl Wilson. And why do you know the other two brothers, Well, they were all part of the band. That's it.
Speaker 1: They'd later would join him, the Beach Boys.
Speaker 2: Dennis was the only actual surfer of the band, and he died, but he was the only one that actually surfed out of everyone in that band.
Speaker 1: By age two, Brian Wilson's hearing in one ear was severely damaged. By age seven, he was teaching his brothers how to harmonize. It only had one good ear. Reminds me a lot of myself with one good eye. That's right, And look what I've been able to do. What did you do? Some would call me the Brian Wilson of visual arts podcasting. Yes, he studied vocal arrangements obsessively. He would take the Four Freshmen, which was a vocal group, and break those records down and reverse engineer what he was hearing and learned how to layer vocals. They credit a lot of him listening to the Four Freshmen. His father was abusive physically and emotionally. His father was also a frustrated musician himself, so they think a lot of Brian Wilson trying to be this perfect artist musician was to please his dad. He pushed Brian really hard, at times too hard. Ironically, the pressure may have actually helped forge really one of the music's geniuses.
Speaker 2: I mean, he pushed the band right. But think Brian was the one that had a lot of the got the talent already, so I think his dad put it all on him.
Speaker 1: But oldest too and the oldest Yeah, I mean I think that's a big part of it as well. If you're the oldest, you go first. You have to be the leader.
Speaker 2: Because I've even heard the cousin, which I think it's Mike. Mike is the cousin.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 2: If Mike Love was the cousin, he would in interviews he would say like we'd go over and we'd be playing, and Dad would just rip on all of us, and I'd be like, this isn't even my family, Like why is he yelling at me? Like listen, you would just go home.
Speaker 1: I think of Mike Love is the face a lot of times.
Speaker 2: He is because the Beach Boys now he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But when I think of the Beach Boys, if I see them singing, it's always Mike Love Yeah in my head. Because for a long time Brian Wilson checked out too, like he wasn't and he just kept it going.
Speaker 2: But and I may be wrong on this, but even at the beginning when when Brian did tour, he wasn't the on tour voice either. He played the bass and he would kind of sing background vocals. I think he took lead on a couple, but for the most part he was kind of a background guy too. It wrote all the songs recorded all the songs, but on stage background kind of guy.
Speaker 1: In nineteen sixty one, Brian formed the Beach Boys with his brothers Karl and Dennis, their cousin Mike Love, and one non family member. It's almost like palme Ley where it's all like brothers and cousins, and they got like one buddy, what is the buddy's name? I know the buddies name because I did the research. You know you know it too, but can you recall it right now?
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: Al Jardine, Al Jardine. Yes, And it started, I will say, as a bit of a gimmick because they were doing anything they could do to separate themselves to get noticed. So the surf rock, as great as it was and as fundamental as what they did, especially when pet sounds, won't get to that to minute as what it did for rock and roll, because they were America's first rock group. Yes, the surf thing was a gimmick and they were like, maybe we'll get noticed if we do this, because all the songs were about girls and cars and waves and you know, we'll have fun, fun, fun, and Daddy takes a t bird away. So they had all these really cool vocal arrangements, and but the genius was and how the songs were being sang. The pandering was what the songs were about, the lifestyle, Like, let's just create something that people are just gonna love it. What were the words we're singing really don't matter as much, But what we're doing is the real genius of it.
Speaker 2: Because like it can't you can't forget. At that time, the Beatles were big too, so like it was this war of American music versus British music and the British invasion, not just the Beatles, and so the Beach Boys were like the front fighters of that American music war, like we're gonna represent American music. And what's more better than in American music than like the beach in muscle cars and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Most stream songs. I just pulled it up Number one, Beach Boys. Wouldn't it be nice if we were older? That's very much. Hey we're young beach surfy song, right, Yeah, then I wouldn't have to.
Speaker 2: Or maybe I just later though that's it is a little later then. So like so like early Beach Boys would be like surf and USA for sure in USA, yeah, surfing, Safari good vibrations later really, yeah, that's all. That's all pet sounds.
Speaker 1: I feel like that the vibration is the beach No, my mind, I'm not right. I just I think about that California Girls earlier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's earlier. Yes, California Dreaming, that's Mama's in the pop business. Okay, how about Bob's that's early Beach Boys. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh so the surf thing was mostly a gimmick, but that doesn't mean the music was made as a gimmick because again they did all this multi layer, a lot of stuff that hadn't been done in music. They were a big part of the wall of sound, which.
Speaker 2: Which is a studio, a studio recording technique that the.
Speaker 1: US.
Speaker 2: Oh what did Charles Manson use that?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, Manson is connected though later.
Speaker 2: But what murderer, Oh specter, Phil Spector.
Speaker 1: Correct, Yes, he murdered right officially, Mike, I think he's in jail. Let me see. I think he got convicted. I think so too, so I could say the murder.
Speaker 2: Don't check that.
Speaker 1: So he was writing, producing, arranging, even singing lead and a lot of the early stuff he was again he was the producer, yeah, and the lead singer at a time where that didn't happen as much because everybody was very specific about their skills. It wasn't like now where you can learn a little bit everything because technology allowed it.
Speaker 2: And what was cool too, is like he had all these ideas, but in order for the record label to just let go and be like, hey man, just do your thing. I know it's expensive to get a full orchestra like you want, but you know, it took him a while, but eventually the label is just like.
Speaker 1: You made us money, so go make us more money. And here's money to make us more money. And he would fill in.
Speaker 2: He would fill the studio with a bunch of string players and like a full orchestra.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was convicted second degree murder and he died in twenty twenty one. Hey Matter murderer. Early success surf and ussay surf in USA. It's hard when I got all these melodies. Everybody got surfing surfing us. I get around round and round, right, I get around. Help me, Rond to.
Speaker 2: Help help me, Ronda, help me, Ronda, get her out of my heart.
Speaker 1: They were a cultural force because they were the biggest thing at the time. So the beach thing was even big and rural parts of America where there were no beaches.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, it's crazy, it's crazy to think about that.
Speaker 1: I think Brian Wilson started to become a bit irritated at the success they had, not because they were successful, but because they got so successful being gimmicky. And that's where Pet Sounds comes in. And so Pet Sounds.
Speaker 2: He was already off the road producing.
Speaker 1: And wanted to be taken way more seriously than just the Beatles sound.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I know that the road too. He also he always said that the Road two made him anxious and he didn't like that. He didn't like playing in front of all those people. He didn't like doing all that stuff. So, which you think about, like what artists would say, you know what, I'm going to stay back, you guys go tour music and I'll write like that's just unheard of.
Speaker 1: Somebody confident, crazy and DGAF.
Speaker 2: I think that's all him to.
Speaker 1: A t so and so confident that if it doesn't work, it's not my fault. It doesn't work, it's awesome. Everybody else just doesn't get it. Yeah, nineteen sixty six Pet Sounds comes out, which, by the way, was not a super successful album. It was not when it came out. So Pet Sounds it was really what they call his first masterpiece. Looking at multiple articles where they're talking about critics not just fake because people were gobbling up the records, but there was a lot of critical acclaim Pet Sounds was, and a lot of times what's critically acclaimed is not consumed majorly by the public. Pet Sounds, though, was critically acclaimed, America did not rush to it, but they really say And Paul McCartney talked about how Pet Sounds directly inspired Sergeant Pepper Wow harmonies. I think Pet Sounds to me was using things that weren't real instruments, because they did that a lot in this record a theorem and they did bicycle bells, Yeah, they did recordings of dog. Yes, they did opening cans, which is like one third of country songs.
Speaker 2: Now that's fine. They took it from Brian Wilson.
Speaker 1: Remember he only had one ear that worked, like even as an adult, he only had one good ear. So he was inventing ways or inventing things to put on and to make music with, like instruments that weren't even real instruments, and so I think he saw it as an art project. He was only twenty three years old when this happened to It's crazy, so still a kid.
Speaker 2: He was twenty three when what Pets Sounds him. Wow, I didn't realize that.
Speaker 1: She was a kid at only twenty three years old. He was reshaping music. But he did have breakdowns, mental breakdowns absolutely after Pet Sounds. He said he was on a lot of drugs during Pet Sounds, too, Smile happened and that very you say drugs, perfect timing, because that was like the psychedelic album that didn't come out.
Speaker 2: Till later, till way later. Yes, and then he toured Smile, which was the first time I know that, which is the first time he'd actually played live again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Smile is listed as an ambitious psychedelic album that never saw the light of the day in the sixties.
Speaker 4: Let's take a quick pause for a message from our sponsor, and we're back on the Bobby cast.
Speaker 1: Brian's mental health was unraveling at the time. Drugs, paranora or excuse me, paranoia, auditory hallucinations also like things he was hearing, hallucinating things he was hearing, and I wonder if it was a combination of drugs and being off like one of his ears didn't work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and whatever, you know, mental disorders. He was high as mental health fighting you know all that, which I'm sure the drugs didn't help.
Speaker 1: Here a song, I don't like the drugs, but the drugs like me, don't like the drugs drugs.
Speaker 2: No, no, who sings that sounds like whoever sings the roof the roof? It sounds like they would sing that so long. Marilyn Manson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh dang, I don't like the drugs, but the drugs like me.
Speaker 2: Did you ever see the movie Love, Love, and Mercy? Is that it might with about what as Brian Wilson, and it's it's played by who played Charles in Charge, Scott Bao. Scott Bayo can't be a Scoto Charles. I'm thinking of say anything John Cusack once he said, bo, I'm like, nah, it's way off. Good movie, but it all focuses on that period of where he was very sad, depressed, lots of drugs.
Speaker 1: The whole movie is based on that period, that period.
Speaker 2: Yes, so it's a very sad movie, very like man like you kind of get an idea of what he was going through. He wouldn't leave his.
Speaker 1: House, so he stayed in bed for months at a time. Bo that's the period, and the Beach Boys kept touring. It really wasn't a story. They didn't want it to be a story. But because he wasn't the front man early on he was, but because they had transitioned a bit and they sort of touring without him, nobody missed the keys player, the bass player. And that's what America would only really see him doing because they didn't see studios. There weren't documentaries of how to make a record, there weren't social media clips of the road. But yeah, he stayed in the bed.
Speaker 2: He stay in bed, And I wonder if he that made him sad that he wasn't getting the credit of making that music, which he was. He's made all that music, but he wasn't touring it, and no one knew who Brian Wilson was really.
Speaker 1: But I think he could have been the and would have been the lead if he'd wanted it. I think he just was this is us, this is just conjecture, sure point. I think he had mental illness. This is the time when mental illness wasn't known as well diagnosed if diagnosed diagnosed poorly. I think he had mental illness. I think a lot of it too, probably stemmed from his dad being abusive towards him, and not just physically but emotionally. And because he could have been the front guy had he chosen to. He did change up the sound when he chose to. That's when they did pet sounds and they kind of got famous again because it was like Beach Boys, huge pet sounds, man smile. Didn't him come out?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: And they still kept creating music.
Speaker 2: Did Cocomo bring him back?
Speaker 1: He wasn't part of Cocomo really?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like.
Speaker 2: A it's just a Beach Boys thing without him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although a jam jammed like that's the first like I knew of hearing it on the radio.
Speaker 2: I think Cocomo resurrected the Beach Boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh so he stays in bed. In the eighties, he fell under the influence of a controversial therapist, Eugene Landy, who controlled nearly every part of his life, finances, music, even medication.
Speaker 2: That might be in the movie I remember correctly.
Speaker 1: Brian came back. He sued to free himself from Landy's grip and by the two thousands, he was touring again. He finally released Smiles, which was the lost album too critical acclaim and won a freaking Grammy Awesome in two thousand and four at time made in the sixties. In two thousand and four he puts it out It wins a Grammy. He began to speak more openly about his schizophrenia, his bipolar disorder, his trauma that obviously made those two mental illnesses even worse than they already were, And somehow dude did it. And like had he was known as being difficult to deal with, But I think he was just his communication style was different. I think he conjecture. I think he much like someone on the spectrum, has a different way to communicate. If it's real autistic. I think because he had all of these mental illnesses that he did not know, he had to create a different way to talk with people, or learn a way that people need to be talked to, and he never truly understood how to communicate effectively with the folks. And I think music was a part of his communication, which is crazy to think that that's like the way that you can communicate most with people is creating something for everybody.
Speaker 2: You gotta think for the band, for audio engineers, labels, all that stuff like had to be so difficult to just trust him and let him do what he did because I would see stuff and probably the same documentary you watched of where he would record stuff and then just trash it all like or not doing it, and.
Speaker 1: That's that's probably this guy's such a dick. But really he doesn't effectively know how to communicate. He was never taught it, and he's dealing with mental illness. He doesn't properly know how to communicate what he's feeling. So here's the communication, no more, next yes, And that easily can be looked upon as that is a bad person, that is an evil, mean person, when really it's the inability to communicate because there was never won the education of what he was dealing with mentally, so you couldn't work beyond that because you didn't understand that.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: I never thought about that.
Speaker 1: Artists for Paul McCarney to Billie Eilish to back to boniv have cited Brian Wilson has a direct influence. People still steal his harmonic blueprint, which is what we heard at the very beginning of the harmonies. Yeah, Brian gave people permission to almost didn't say no to anybody when it came to it, because it wasn't really intellectual property because you can't you don't really own the layering sound. It's like owning a chord. Sure, you don't own a g.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyone can use it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you would hear it and know that it was directly influenced from that. So a lot of the people would be like, hey, do you care We're going to do something that you've created and you've made famous.
Speaker 2: I think it was so cool when Paul McCartney eventually said all that stuff, because I know forever the Beatles would never admit that because they were two different They were doing two different things right, and they were both young, and they were both competitive and they were both trying to be the best in the world. But like, it's great when artists can look at another artist and be like, no, no, that's he really influenced us, even though we acted like we didn't really like each other at the time.
Speaker 1: That's an extremely confident artist that has success for the most Paul McCartney.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, what's cool too about the Beatles and the Beach Boys is that those were two bands that didn't tour. So so I guess the Beach Boys did tour, but Brian Wilson did not tour, so he spent a lot of time writing and producing music and a lot of studio time. The Beatles, you got to think that the Beatles only toured for a few years and then never toured again, and all they did was produce studio albums. So bands that we still look at today as the ones that are the best bands of all times are the Beatles and the Beach Boys. They're always on that list because they did spend a lot of time in the studio.
Speaker 1: Perfect making records, making great records.
Speaker 2: Were a lot of other bands they like, they'd make a record, tour for two years, come back, make a right, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: I wanted to talk about the Charles Manson connection just to the Beach Boys for a second, because that has nothing to do with Brian Wilson, nothing to do with but it does have to do with Dennis Wilson, his brother. Right, So, Dennis Wilson, who was a songwriter and band member, had a close relationship with Charles Manson, even helping Charles Manson in his music.
Speaker 2: Career before Charles did.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he wasn't killing people. Sorry, he wasn't influencing other people to kill people? Or had it started? Not the fault, Yes, this is pre He introduced him to record producer Terry Melcher. The association led to Charles Manson writing and even attempting to record a song called Cease to Exist with The Beach Boys. The song was later altered and released has Never Learned Not to Love, a B side to their Bluebirds Over the Mountain single. The Beach Boys. Brian Wilson has also spoken about the frightening impact that Charles Manson had on the group WHOA. Manson wrote a song called Cease to Exist and hope to record it with the Beach boy but they recorded it but not without him, So.
Speaker 2: The beat the band did record that song, that says.
Speaker 1: The Beach Boys eventually recorded and released Never Learn Not to Love, written by Charles Manson, an altered version of Cease to Exist as the B side. So is he credited as a writer on a Beach Boys song.
Speaker 2: That's bizarre. You have to go in and change that.
Speaker 1: In nineteen sixty eight, the Beach Boys recorded Manson's song cease to Exist rename Never Learned Not to Love, but Manson was uncredited. Afterward, he attempted to secure a record contract through Melcher, but was unsuccessful. Hey, justice for Charles Manson is a writer? Now's stop it as a writer?
Speaker 2: Nah man?
Speaker 1: The whole new song, dude is so if you kill somebody, you lose all rights.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you're not gonna get any money.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's about the money. But I'm saying, if he wrote the song and they took the song, he should be credited as a writer.
Speaker 2: Well, I would take it off the album because I mean, as a beach boy, you don't want that. I mean, you don't even want his name on your album. I can all that I can agree with.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, if the song exists and they altered a version of a song he wrote, Charles Manson should be credited as a writer on the song. Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: I mean technically no, morally questionable.
Speaker 1: Have there been other murderers though, that have put out songs? Great songs? What about all the Phil Spectr stuff? Now? He produced?
Speaker 2: But is he just uh, he's still down as a producer, right?
Speaker 1: Is he a songwriter too? I mean all the stuff he produced.
Speaker 2: He song, Hey man, we've never asked that question even thought about it.
Speaker 1: Can you commit a crime so heninous, you shouldn't get the credit for the artistic work you did before.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think the answer is if you wrote it before and you are credit, you should get the credit for it. His grandkids should get the money. And they had nothing to do with the murders. True, How did they.
Speaker 2: Try to do justice with Charles Mann't know you turn it that way.
Speaker 1: He died though, right, Yeah, he's dead. Charles Manson. You know he never actually killed anybody.
Speaker 2: No, but he told them, yeah, convinced them where to go, what to do. That's a bad situation anyway. Brian Wilson, one of the best man, one of the greatest, to.
Speaker 1: Quote one of his own songs, Love and Mercy.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's the name of the movie Love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's exactly it, Love and Mercy.
Speaker 2: Love and Mercy.
Speaker 1: That's what you need tonight. So favorite beach boy song. It's tough though, because what comes to mind is our wedding song.
Speaker 2: But also Jesse it don't worry about Jess and the Rippers still be choy song. Is it called forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if tomorrow, Uh, probably, I mean God only knows. Without that song, without full House, it's probably God only knows.
Speaker 2: That wouldn't it be nice? Is awesome too? That's all? Like you so good?
Speaker 1: You could literally convince me you have like eight different songs to change my mind on. I mean good Vibrations, not that one though, No you really?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh dude, man, that song? That's that's five songs in one, like just so all the tempo changes and everything key changes. All that stuff's bohemian rahaps Yes, that's exactly what it is. So good.
Speaker 1: If I'm gonna rank them, I'm gonna go forever. God only knows. Wouldn't it be nice?
Speaker 2: Surfer girl lit?
Speaker 1: Nah, it's surfy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that, like the.
Speaker 1: Nostalgia of it, thinking about it being on black and white TV with their surfboards. Like I wasn't a live obviously, but so it's like nostalgia of nostalgia, like watch it that that's cool. The history I should say, that's cool. But if I'm gonna listen, like I still like those three songs that I mentioned, I still listen to them, but they popped up on a play list I wouldn't skip through.
Speaker 2: What about the one you've been singing all day? Which one sloop? John b Oh? I mean, dude, you've been singing that all day.
Speaker 1: Well, I did a bunch of research for this podcast, and that's the one. I was like, what song would we sing out of this? And that's probably the one. But that one's so cool because it's so different.
Speaker 2: I feel so broke up. I want to go.
Speaker 1: That's on pet Sounds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a pet Sounds song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So hoist up the John b cell. See how they made so I may get the word of is it in a captain a shore? Let me go home? Let me go home?
Speaker 2: I want to go home. Yeah, I feel so wake up.
Speaker 1: I want to go so good. Help me Ronda? Yeah, get her out.
Speaker 2: Of my heart?
Speaker 1: All right? That's it. Recipes to Brian Wilson. Beach Boys are awesome. They're way more than just the beach, and they just were. They just couldn't change their name because they're way more than the beach. And they grew out of boys just like Backstreet then on the Backstreet and they're men now.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: So yeah, thanks for listening. If you wanted to Beach Boys fans or people that aren't. They would like to hear this, You can send it, share this with them, shared on your Instagram stories, that would be nice. Tag me. I'd love to see it and send you a thank you for sharing this. He's Brian Wilson.
Speaker 4: Thank you, everybody, thanks for listening to a Bobby Cast production