Speaker 1: Brooklyn Boys podcasting reactions.
Speaker 2: This podcast all depends on you, baby.
Speaker 3: Three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's Lifetime for Brooklyn Boys, episode three thirty eight.
Speaker 2: And beyond what's going on, it's the episode about the episode, and he's scary, I'm brody.
Speaker 4: And we're happy to have you along. Thank you for listening to the iHeartRadio app to experience the Brooklyn Boys, because that's where you click on the microphone and you leave your talkbacks as you are about to hear for the next hour or so.
Speaker 2: And if this is your first time listening, welcome aboard. Go listen to a regular episode and then listen to this exactly.
Speaker 4: Welcome yeah, because you'll be lost. My friend Nicole from Brooklyn clicked on a slice time. She never heard us before. She goes, oh, well, check out your podcast, and she she sends me a message slices question Mark and I said, yeah, they're that's like think of it as like home slice or slice of pizza. I said, they're slices there, Slice for life there. That's our fandom, part of the puzzle, their fandom. Yeah, and fandom. And then she goes, oh, she's well, because it's all them and none of you guys I said, well, you're clicking on the companion episode, the episode about the episode, I said, go listen to a real episode of Brooking Boys.
Speaker 2: It's called Slice time. Exactly is your time? All right? Without further ado, this is your time? What do you got for us?
Speaker 5: He broken boysy bahama, and it's always broad answer. Carry So old lady named controversy. Well, ever since the invasion of the Internet, women and parents in general research popular baby's name, so that's what they named their daughter. Now, when I was age of having children, the names were Brittany, Brittany, Karen. So as I grow older, they become all ladies' names.
Speaker 2: But I still miss a good you know, Elsa.
Speaker 5: Elsa's old lady Gertrude, which in Spanish will be her through this, which is my actual grandmother's name, and I missed. I wanted to name my daughter her Trudi, but my wife said, no, that's an old lady name.
Speaker 2: So good move by your wife. But you have classical you have like rosa day. See, those are always all right, thank you. By the way, Jan Valdez did not name his daughter Brittany. Guaranteed then no shot, no shot.
Speaker 6: This is her name from I'm gonna agree with thisz on the Slice time here about the people having kids not looking older, because I'm going to say a lot of people that are single, the majority of them scary, I think actually look older because they go out party, smoke and stuff.
Speaker 7: Not all of them.
Speaker 6: And I don't think you can really single out any group. But I think you really need to watch how you say it or like, no, I don't like it becomes the snowflakish.
Speaker 8: But uh, bird now.
Speaker 4: This is you know, general generalizations are what make this podcast great.
Speaker 2: Would you agree, Brody? Yeah, Uh, I think Scary talking out of his ass is always uh, it's always fun. Otherwise there'd be no fun on.
Speaker 4: The podcast and we would just speak in fact and we would be AI robots.
Speaker 2: And just to reiterate and I and I hate to defend scary. You guys know that he was just saying, at least he meant to say he personally would have aged poorly if he had kids us of thinking about marriage. That's correct, coffin, even though he already has a headstone. Yeah, and she was.
Speaker 4: She continues on, She's about to make a comment about being a snowflake.
Speaker 6: Here you go, this is Rene again. What's scary really should say is that he's more carefree, and that's what he should attribute his uh looking younger too, I would think, like the children aren't really the factor because I know people with or without kids that look younger or older. And and so anyways, thanks for the show, guys, always a good laugh.
Speaker 2: Thank you, I love you anyway. But welcome.
Speaker 4: I got you to leave a talk back, didn't I. So my mission is accomplished, the two of them two, right, that's why we do what we do.
Speaker 9: Hey, Brookelyn boys, what it's your boy?
Speaker 3: Mike the Asian guy?
Speaker 10: Yeah, so I don't.
Speaker 11: I was just about caught up.
Speaker 9: And then like, you guys just like released two new episodes for the holiday week. I thought you'd probably take the week off or something like that, but here you go, you released two week episodes and now I got to catch up again. But anyway, going back to the last talk back three thirty six, someone mentioned about kids. Well, I got like three kids of my own, two ones in college and the dirt one's gonna be starting college like maybe next four. But uh, and as you know, I recently lost my job. I got laid off from my last company for because they were downsizing and shit like that, but like I didn't cry about it, and I just went and let's started hustling again. I'm like, I'm driving Uber Eats. In the meantime, I updated my resume, but I don't know how it goes on like in other places, but in New York, we just keep on hustling.
Speaker 12: You know, I do from another side.
Speaker 5: Job that I do as a real.
Speaker 9: Estate salesperson, and I'm actually working to clo up on a few deals that like, if that goes through, I could probably be all set for the next three years or maybe even possibly retired, and.
Speaker 13: I could get myself a.
Speaker 9: Louis Vuittona luggage suitcase for myself and her boys. I just realized I was listening to three Dirty six Akin and that Brodie's AI song wasn't like the end of the episode, and you guys continued on about the meetup.
Speaker 7: I just want to say that, oh.
Speaker 9: Man, I love you guys. Man, you guys like bros. You want like great? What do you mean you didn't hear it trying to send me up with Maddy from Brooklyn the Bronx.
Speaker 2: But if I if.
Speaker 9: We do make make it to the meetup, Maddie doesn't have to pay.
Speaker 3: I got her.
Speaker 2: Nice. Okay, did did you guys not hear the merse song? I wrote that, you know what, I want to mention that other people heard it? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 12: Hey, guys, Laura from Connecticut.
Speaker 14: I did work for HMS posts myself on the Throughway and eighty seven, not.
Speaker 12: In eighty seven, but I worked off of eighty seven for Starbucks.
Speaker 14: You still have to start follow Starbucks rules. You may be hired outside, but you still have to follow all the rules of Starbucks because that is the company you're working for. Technically, you still follow all the rules of Starbucks.
Speaker 12: Just like when I was a manager at Target. I started in Starbucks first, but you.
Speaker 14: Had to follow all the rules under Starbucks. I got hired from Target, but Starbucks rules apply throughout any Starbucks anywhere it is.
Speaker 12: They have certain standards.
Speaker 14: That they're supposed to meet, et cetera, et cetera, And it's obvious that inside the company Target Airport, they're just not following the standards.
Speaker 12: Hey, this is cute from all over the map. Gonna get Brody. Time to finish all right?
Speaker 15: Hey, scary was wondering are you going to bring the jingles back, because you definitely could have played the Brodie is Wrong jingle the last two episodes.
Speaker 12: So yeah, come on, lady and bring the jingles right.
Speaker 2: You're right, you know now that you bring that up, maybe don't bring them all.
Speaker 15: Hey, this is cue from all over the map game. I just want to let you know that you guys were talking about old names. But I guess I bet you never heard my name. It's spelled out q U E T C. Why that's how you spell it out. Now, let's see if any of y'all can pronounce its Cucci.
Speaker 2: It's it's Quetzi. But if she's Hispanic, it might be quite something. And I don't know. Quiriti quarty, it could be quets I don't know. But you could have told us how to pronounce it before you.
Speaker 7: Hung out over the map.
Speaker 2: Oh I forgot, thank you?
Speaker 7: The actual pronunciation. Yes, in Spanish it's guess and English is Ketsie.
Speaker 3: Also, let's see Gary Cutsie.
Speaker 7: You still old Brody a steak dinner?
Speaker 2: Yeah, blah blah, thank you, moving on, She's back on my side.
Speaker 16: Any Brooklyn boys, it's Eddie from Oldbridge. On episode three thirty six, when Scary asked the question to Brody about what a place you have to go south to head Canada.
Speaker 3: He never said state, he said sit any the area.
Speaker 4: So Brody, yoda, yep, thank you so much, sir, you are a little.
Speaker 2: Bit behind Brooklyn boys.
Speaker 17: Lisa from Delaware, first time caller listening to Splice Time from three thirty seven, talking about names that sound like old people names. I have a daughter, she's thirty. Her name is Pauline. It was one of the names you said was an old name.
Speaker 7: It's coming back.
Speaker 17: It's coming back.
Speaker 2: Maybe has it come back? He named it thirty years ago. She's bringing sexy back, Pauline back. I'm saying, if you just named your daughter Pauline and there's other Pauline in class, it's coming back, right, she's part of the names of thirty years ago, then it's already thirty years past. Now. I like the name. I had an aunt Pauline who I really liked, but she'd be like one hundred and twenty now.
Speaker 18: So yeah, Brodie is scary Jrmy and Brodie a long time listener, first time call her. What another one easy year? But about the names? I think is episode three thirty seven. The names that people like call their kids. Now, I work in school food and I see all these kids coming through the registerars with these whacked out names. It is just insane, Like what happened to like just me.
Speaker 4: Right, setting yourself your kids up for some success for the future.
Speaker 2: Well, give us an example of some of these names you're hearing. You gotta give us some.
Speaker 12: Hey, guys, Laura from Connecticut.
Speaker 14: When I first heard about the Wednesday wedding, I was thinking to myself, who the fuck gets married on a fucking Wednesday.
Speaker 12: I don't understand. I feel like there's some underlying reasons for this. There isn't There has to be.
Speaker 14: There's no way that people could come on a fucking Wednesday.
Speaker 12: It's in the middle of the week. You can't take off.
Speaker 14: It's not like, you know, Friday, you take off maybe Thursday, Friday, whatever, So there has to be some reason.
Speaker 12: It was cheaper, It's where they wanted to be, so they decided to go there on a Wednesday because it's cheapa youth today family in Italy. Maybe it was cheaper for them to fly here during the week then a weekend.
Speaker 14: I just feel like there's some reason behind this. When you find out I need to know. I need to know why they're fucking getting there on a Wednesday, like it like pisses me off for you ask me to.
Speaker 2: I gotta find out.
Speaker 4: I gotta find the right time to break the ice with my boy and tell him that we've been talking about it for the past couple episodes on the podcast and invite him onto the podcast.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't tell him, I will say, I would just have them on, just like, Hey, I was curious, why don't we have you on? Yeah? Uh, here's what I'll say. Just to add to it a little bit. I'm not working right now, so I don't have to get up in the morning, right, speak for yourself. And I played when I played pickleball on Wednesday nights, and I am not giving up my pickleball to go to some wedding on a Wednesday.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so that queens here. You guys have a beginning of episode three thirty eight that when you do the podcast, you're talking more to each other and not really us spices. Well, the way I describe the podcast that people who don't listen is that it's basically two guys from Brooklyn who have been friends for a very long time. Just catching up on their week, and there happens to be microphones and equipment recording the conversation for people who listen.
Speaker 2: I like that. That's nice. We should change that as just to be a description. Now as a follow up, Jamie, do any of those people then side to listen? That's the key. Yeah, you're explaining the podcast to them, but you did very nicely. But then do they listen and then agree with you or disagree with you or like it or not? You know, we we need we need the Slice army to keep spreading the word. Yeah. I want to hear some talkbacks from people saying just started listening thanks to this other little Slice who got me to listen exactly?
Speaker 19: Hey, broken boys, you know who listens? Three guesses where I'm from?
Speaker 7: Uh huh?
Speaker 19: You guys will talking about the vitamin water commercial that's supposed to be sent New York. No fucking way is a New Yorker almost getting hit by a cab saying hould your horses?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 19: Yeah, if I'm a shitty driver, even if I'm not talking to him, in my head.
Speaker 7: I'm adding the exploitives.
Speaker 19: I'm looking at him going, let's give a fucking asshole guy doesn't know what a red light is.
Speaker 4: Or at least hold your fucking horses, not just hold your horse.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, don't get your panties in the water. I'm crossing the street here.
Speaker 19: Hey, it's me again. So just ask my dad if he thinks the New Yorker is gonna say hold your horses. Now, my dad's from the Bronx, and he told me that he watched two cab drivers go for the same fair one day in Manhattan and the first guy ran the second guy off the road and second guy's.
Speaker 12: Car hit a building.
Speaker 7: And he said, you think the second guy he's getting out of his cab walking over.
Speaker 11: The first one and say hold your horses.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's a great example. Thank you, Jamie. No, he absolutely fucking wouldn't. Thank you.
Speaker 9: Well, save Brooklyn boys, What up to your boy?
Speaker 3: Asian Milake?
Speaker 7: Donnie from CT.
Speaker 9: I appreciate your gesture, But Maddie from Brooklyn, the Bronx has already acknowledged me and has shown grace employees with her replies, and I am content and satisfied with such. So I'm relieved she didn't rip me a new one like she has. What a slices and I don't want to sound stalkerish or creepy, like how Scary creeps on OLIVI right, Oh yeah, Brody, I didn't mention the type of Asian I am. I already mentioned before a few I don't know how many episodes back that I grew up in the Lower East Side, which is now basically known as Chinatown. That makes me Chinese and Cantonese to be exact. So I know all about your favorite type of Chinese food, Brody. You love Cantonese Canthony style food, which plo Maine and.
Speaker 2: Bring it. I'm let's I have a I have a I have a Chinese food story about where Scary lives when we come up on the Brooklyn episode.
Speaker 4: I never asked you how that food was that I sent you to. Okay, So yeah, yeah, saw Offter be careful.
Speaker 20: Hey, guys, this is Frank from Connecticut. I just want to say, Brody, you are freaking hilarious.
Speaker 2: Dude, thank you.
Speaker 20: Oh my god, Like on the last episode when Scary was like oh like like my click and You're like nice, very nice, nicely done, it's those little things like it was just so funny.
Speaker 3: Oh God, love you guys, Thank you, Scary and Brody. Brody and Scary Scrody the knee from CT commiserations for TD. It's all Darren on not becoming the new Chief Erotic Officer. I guess he came up a little bit short and couldn't measure up to the others. I'm sure the hiring process was hard and stiff, but he simply couldn't rise to the occasion. I'm hopeful he can stand tall and blow the competition away in another career.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Gunny, well done him.
Speaker 12: Scary and Brody.
Speaker 7: This is Maddy from Queens Brody the true.
Speaker 14: Questions our rainbows sprinkles more popular because you can't get chocolate sprinkles?
Speaker 2: This where they sell more because the other is not available. That was deposits a very good question. Oh yes, are the sales higher? I think it was more. What I read was a survey of what sells more and what's more popular. But I like where you're going. If the chocolate sprinkles were available at Target, they would sell more thereby uh, you know, proving your point in mind.
Speaker 21: Brodie is scary and never scary and Brody it's well from CT. God damn, it's scary you are so gullible, my boy man, believe anything on TikTok.
Speaker 22: I'm about to make a TikTok and send it to you and be like what if I told you did?
Speaker 21: I have a bridge to sell you. It is the best bridge you will ever go across or live under.
Speaker 2: Call me now, Thank you Will? Part two?
Speaker 22: Well from CT again. I was watching TV the other day and I saw a commercial and I merely was like Brooklyn boys. It was a spruce weed and grass killed. Yes, yes, I was like Brooklyn Boys.
Speaker 21: Also, I have an idea.
Speaker 22: Why don't you guys do an episode that you have a slice call in live and interact with them. I know you have our numbers, you know, have someone call in that good idea?
Speaker 4: Thank you Will from CT And yes, that's spruce commercial, the weed, the weed killer spruce.
Speaker 2: I think of spruce all the time. Yeah. I got this sound from that, But then I lost the audio, which I'll talk about again on the next episode of Booking Boys. What happened to the audio? Okay, let's continue here we go.
Speaker 23: Brody about the parodies. Sorry if there's a stupid question, but you still do them with AI. So what's the difference from when you had your singers your company, and when you do them with AI again, it might be stupid.
Speaker 24: But is it more or less expensive one way? Is it more or less restricting one way? Can you explain the difference?
Speaker 2: I will yep. So a parody is when you take the original song, the music, or a copy of the original music, and you change the words and have somebody sing different words to the same music, like what weird al does. That's a parody. AI is writing original music to lyrics I write. So it's an original creation. But I'm not taking a Pink Pony club and making it, you know, stink Finger club. It's I'm taking my words and saying, write a rock song, and I have to do it twenty times, and I picked the one I like.
Speaker 4: So basically he's a recording artist. In those cases it's original.
Speaker 2: As an astronaut, then I'm a recording artist. What I'm hello, scary, Hold hold the buttons, dude, hold the buttons. In order for me to do a parody, since I don't sing, I would have to get the music, which is easy enough to do online, a karaoke version or instrumental version, and then to hire somebody who sings parodies to sing it, and then I'd have to produce it, and that would cost me hundreds of dollars to pay a singer.
Speaker 4: This is part part two of his he might he was He was in the middle of his thought, so he part two long thoughts. I thought that was okay, all right, here you go.
Speaker 3: And about the drink commercial of New York.
Speaker 24: This might be stupid too, but I don't get why someone would want to drink something because New York people drink it.
Speaker 3: Like a long time ago.
Speaker 24: I don't know if you remember, there was a Snapple commercial where the guy said.
Speaker 23: Hey, America, new Yorkers loved to taste of Snapple.
Speaker 24: Like, why would someone in Iowa want to drink Snapple because New York is a drinker?
Speaker 11: That never made any.
Speaker 2: Sense to me. I'll answer that as well. Number One, the vitamin water commercial that I said was from New York. My guess is is targeted geotagged and targeted for New York area, the Tri state area. I doubt you're going to see that commercial in Iowa. However, to answer your other question, why would anyone want anything that people like in New York? Well, not speaking for everyone, but New York is a cultural touchstone for the country and for the world in many aspects. So if you like, if you if clothing is popular in France, people will buy it because oh this is very trendy in Paris right now. It's no different than Seinfeld. They were like, oh, Seinfeld will never work. It's to New York. But New York is an is. A is a is a global culture that people can relate to or laugh at her, or or relate or or just enjoyed. People.
Speaker 4: People look to New York. They for for you know, whatever it is. But we look up a lot of people look up to New York. I mean, you know that that's why we feel bad for Philly, you know, because Philly, Philly sometimes is like so close, it's like ninety miles from New York, but lives in the shadows. And I hate to say it, but that that's why they can't. That's where they get their attitude from. I love you, Philly, but you know, I'm you know, I may be you know, it'serting my foot in my mouth here, but you are no, no, but you know what I'm talking about. I'm actually you know, being a little playful about it. But you know, Boston is the same way Boston Philly. You're not New York, you know. And that's also why if you.
Speaker 2: Ran that commercial in Boston and you said, hey, you should drink this vitamin water because they love it in New York. In Boston they would they would pour it down the toilet right right. In Philly they would pot down it. But in Miami they might not, right because in Miami there's a lot of New Yorker's, a lot of New York culture down there. They might embrace it. And it's not Justifornia might not because California's has a rivalry with New York exactly, and a lot of people look to again New York, La, Miami, Vegas. There are these there are these places that are super popular around the world that everyone likes to not emulate, but they get they take their cues from it. They're interested in what's going on in those cities. Now, the reverse, unfortunately may not be true.
Speaker 4: I don't think I care much about what's going on in Bozeman, Montana.
Speaker 2: What you know what, there's a lot of great TV shows that take place in Montana and different parts of the country. Now, if you saw if I saw a commercial Now, look, if I saw a product that made sense, like if it was like, oh, this barbecue sauce is huge in Texas, different might be apt to try it. Yes, because Texas is known for barbecue. Correct. I don't necessarily think New York is known for vitamin water. However, New York is known for water. Annually, New York City usually wins for best tap water in the country. That is usually or it's one of the best tasting tap waters in the country. So I guess it depends. If this was the best corn in Iowa, I would be like, oh, this is approved in Iowa. I'm eating it. So I think wherever you're from in the country, if you're known for something and you sell that product Idaho potatoes. Can you think of any other place in the country that sells potatoes. I'm sure there are, But when you think of potatoes, you're like, I gotta get night of potato. Why what do you know from potatoes? They come from Idaho. So if I see a commercial, Hey, I meat n Ido potato over here, they're like, oh, it's approved in Idaho potato. It's very very true. All right now, I apologiz eyes to any other states around Idaho that grow potatoes.
Speaker 4: It's a great way of putting it without making us look uh like we're trying to be holier than thou.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: But this commercial again, I think was a New York the I know, and please don't don't take what I said the wrong way. People are like, well, what the fuck was scary? It's like shitting on my small town. I'm really not so remember.
Speaker 2: If so, what have we learned in the last couple of weeks. If you are married and have children who are living Philadelphia, Boston at things, you can go fuck u up exactly.
Speaker 24: So I believe it was the last slice time you were talking about Fiddler on the Roof.
Speaker 7: If I were rich, so they got it.
Speaker 24: Right, and then when it's the fun he comes along and fucks it all up.
Speaker 7: If I was a rich girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know why she did that. She did it on purpose to be cute. Now, I don't think she was paying attention. I don't think pay attention. She didn't write that song.
Speaker 25: Being from Ohio scary your eyes only dilate to food.
Speaker 2: That's very true.
Speaker 4: I should have used as the excuse. I'm like, you're not the only one my eyes are not dilating.
Speaker 2: For and just as a reference point, because you didn't explain the comment. Scary's girlfriend said, if you love me, your eyes would be dilated and your heart would be a flutter, and neither of those things was exactly.
Speaker 25: Brooklyn boys name from Ohio. I sleep on my right side or flat with my head to the right.
Speaker 2: Brainwise, if you sleep to your left.
Speaker 21: I did research.
Speaker 25: I found out over the years, sleep to your left, you get creepy dreams. But you sleep from your right, you get better dreams, happier. Really, just do your research.
Speaker 4: That's why I always get happy dreams because I always sleep to the right.
Speaker 2: I gotta follow up.
Speaker 25: On that, Liam, again, scary reason why your eyes aren't dilating as you don't.
Speaker 2: Like you said on the Big.
Speaker 25: Show, you you're like a black mind, blank page, and that's why you know you're in a moment. Maybe think about her before she shows up, before anything or during the day, and then cut too bam, their eyes dilate and she'll notice.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Liam.
Speaker 25: Now, Liam, you're on Hondi's podcast. You have zero chill over there? Uh, kind of scared of them. Just let you know, all right?
Speaker 2: So Liam, I don't think you Maybe you're not listening in order or you haven't caught up yet. But I think on the last slice time or the one before it, I mentioned that, whoever you are, because I didn't hear your name the last time. When you hear this and you leave talkbacks in the future, don't do whatever you did to do that. So you're.
Speaker 4: So if you'd if you can whatever, God, bro, you sound like a bad Liam.
Speaker 2: I sound like Liam. You know you sound like a subway announcer. No subway, by the way, They just so. I'll tell you a quick story. At the pickleball place I go to, they now have now that the summers here, all the all the college kids have gone back home, right, they're not all right, and so they're they're getting real jobs for the summer or whatever, and they've hired adults now to work the front desk. Oh boy, how's that going to the adults? Well, the adults have to be very like, I have to do my job right, so they have to they check you in. I'll get more into this on the Slice time. I'm Brooklyn boys. But they they've discovered there's an intercom system. Nobody understands what she's saying, but she's taking her job so seriously. So I'll talk more about that when people take their jobs's stop stop with the sugar. Everybody, everybody is playing it. Stop with the sugar.
Speaker 21: It's not healthy.
Speaker 25: I know I drink beer, but I'm just saying I feel smarter, sharper, healthier, more cognitive, not tired.
Speaker 2: Just be healthy, eat healthy, all right.
Speaker 4: And Bertie Greens, I'll never do that exactly that he's he is so deficient in so many vitamins and minerals. If if he was to like, if they were to look in his body, and I think, Brodie, Bertie, how would you how? How would actually what do your doctors tell you about.
Speaker 2: About how how you have life insurance?
Speaker 4: Exactly? Eat your greens. Listen to Liam, eat your greens, to eat greens.
Speaker 2: I would go out on a limb. You're sixty something, No, I'm not. I would I would go out. I would put money on this that I am in far better shape than you are. Lester all weight, b Am.
Speaker 4: I you probably are because you're playing pickleball. You're much more active than I am. I am right now negative two quarter scary. So if you'd like, you can have all the vegetables you want. But I'm active.
Speaker 2: I'm working out four days a week, and I'm down a shirt size and three or four sizes in the paper. You look great. I told you I gave you your flowers. What more do you want?
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, I say, listen to limb and eat your greens, eat some vegetables.
Speaker 2: Listen, scary. What when you called me before and now this is unprepared. I'm not telling you what to say. I told you I was making dinner, which is why I missed your call. What did I tell you I was making for dinner? What? I don't know? I wasn't paying attention. I said I was making a salad for dinner, salad, And I had a salad tonight with lettuce salad. No, don't. It was lettuce and tomato and grilled shrimp and cashew nuts and Asian sesame dressing which is low fat. I'm gonna say that Asian salad. And I put a couple of croutons in and that's it.
Speaker 4: All kidding, aside, all kidding aside. You've actually you have improved. You have improved greatly. Uh, yes, since I've since I.
Speaker 2: First met you. On on what you eat.
Speaker 4: So but but the whole green thing with the broccoli, and then you don't like the string spinach.
Speaker 2: Uh so necessary? But okay, that's all right.
Speaker 4: You're doing other things.
Speaker 13: Henry Brooklyn Voices and Maria Fermanian City in regards to how someone from New York or I would say in New Jersey would respond to someone in their ways like get the fuck out of the way. No one says hold your horses here? Who No, that person's not local. Also shout out to Cowboy Trucker. I heard you on a talkback for a sauce on the side, but you didn't you know, you didn't say, Hey, I'm cowboy Trucker.
Speaker 11: I see you. Also, please don't need during your talkbacks. Thank you.
Speaker 14: Love y'all.
Speaker 2: Is he's cheating on us? Huh, we are. It's part of the family.
Speaker 11: We love Hey, BROOKEM Boys, M Jacob m j Ay scary. You could dance.
Speaker 10: I don't care how you dance, just hop around if you feel good?
Speaker 11: Who cares?
Speaker 10: With Jon dra If your arms are up, if they're down, if you're feeling good, who cares?
Speaker 11: Who thinks? How old you are? You look forty to me? Yes, I agree about the stress thing. I'm gonna be do.
Speaker 10: Hey b boys MJ from NJ. Yeah about looking young, Yeah, scary, you do look young.
Speaker 11: I know you don't have the mileage.
Speaker 10: Like you said, because you have no kids or a wife and not horrific stress.
Speaker 11: We're all a lot of people are stressed out.
Speaker 10: We were working and everything, have kids, husbands or whatever. Yes, that can definitely.
Speaker 11: Age you, but also you have it's also your lifestyle.
Speaker 10: If people did drugs when they were younger, they could age them when they're older. I mean, but I mean, you know, you could look really had you did drug it could be.
Speaker 11: Only sixty and you look like eighty.
Speaker 10: But yeah, so I think stress that's the main thing that that ages everybody. So we should just you know, sometimes stay calm or do things that make us happy and stay positive.
Speaker 2: Appreciate this.
Speaker 11: Sorry to me again.
Speaker 10: I just want to comment on David Brodie's song the Country Song with.
Speaker 11: The Merse that was while earlious, that was funny. I liked it, I really did, all right.
Speaker 10: Also, I love Trucker's I forgot to comment at Truckers sing on Lifetime on the list time with his song his songs great he's got to get together with you, David Brody.
Speaker 11: All right, pea sale, guys, Bye bye.
Speaker 2: She's sounding a little tired right now. That that's a more tired m J. Ferman. No technical problems and throwing my first name around like it's uh bonus points. Yeah. I love that.
Speaker 4: She didn't say that, Not one, not once did she say I don't know if this thing is recording.
Speaker 2: She's she's sure of herself these days. Nice the Glyn Boys Podcast.
Speaker 14: We will be right back.
Speaker 4: Okay, we uh wow, we're still about maybe thirty more of these maybe more Wow.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the for the overwhelming response to these episodes. Let's see what are we got going on here.
Speaker 26: Brooklyn Boys?
Speaker 2: This lame again?
Speaker 26: I follow This pizza place is called Crispy Pizza on utail and Facebook we grew up on and they're authentic Italians and I'd always tell them just email me a slice because their piece looks amazing. Let me know what you think to check them out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go, the original one there in Brooklyn that they filmed for TikTok. I would go after school three times a week. That was my neighborhood, hometown pizzeria. Crispy Pizza, thirteenth Avenue, seventy second, seventy third. It was awesome and it's still a stoning I had as a kid. Ah, now you have it in New Jersey.
Speaker 10: Yeah, hey Brooklyn boys listening into this lifetime, I forgot what the hell episode I was doing my walk, my gum got st out, and I paid myself because the trucker, Holy Craft, with the merse, with the Johnny pare Sean, he is fucking name.
Speaker 11: Oh my god, he's got to do more. He just made my day. I was so miserable. You guys make me happy, doesn't track me up.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 2: If we made one person smile, we've done our jobs. By the way, kudos to MJ for giving so many props to a cowboy trucker. But then remember it at the end of saying, but you guys do also like me. Oh, by the way, props.
Speaker 5: If my name were to have been Pony, I'd have the greatest pickup line ever.
Speaker 2: I could just go up and say, hey, you ever ridden a pony before?
Speaker 6: You haven't?
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm pony boy. I stay golden. Okay, well it continue And to those who.
Speaker 5: Might be saying, oh, but what if she has written a pony before, then you can come back with, well you haven't ridden this pony, how's it going?
Speaker 21: All right?
Speaker 23: Hey?
Speaker 2: That might work on someone. He broke, hold on, hold on, hold on, the phrases stay gold, boy, stay gold, stay gold.
Speaker 5: He brookenh and it's always brodie and scary. A for a car what's about to hit me? It would be like you know, one one by that's underneath them, the staying where.
Speaker 2: I don't think they will stop.
Speaker 5: I mean I've never been run over, but and if they stop or say like, motherfucker, you what.
Speaker 2: Okay? Broken? Just so you know, the past tense of run is.
Speaker 5: Run hey, broken, and it's always brody and scary. So told Darren unemployed, let's just call her what it is.
Speaker 2: Motherfucker had no job. I don't know.
Speaker 5: And this economy and this transition, in this period of time, you take any job you can get.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: To Darren, I think in a year and a half, call us back and say, you know what job did you actually get? Hey, tol Laren, this is now nineteen fifty where it was frown upon to work in the porn industreet.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe you would have gotten some stripes. Maybe you get in some accomplishments. I don't know right now, you're just unemployed. Good luck to you, call Darren, good luck to you. A broken posyfore and it's always Brodie and scary Brody, Brody, you're my guy, You're my man.
Speaker 2: I don't like care of that at all. There is a treatment. I hate that.
Speaker 5: I heard that you drained it because if you don't take care of it, it becomes chronic. I have had two friends from your age girl with the chronic liquid in the knee and uh, not good outcomes. I don't want to jinx you. I'm I'm gonna use the lingo. I don't want to drink you. Just take care of it, eat well and keep your knee up.
Speaker 2: Is solid for dinner, not have and let's talk back. Brodie.
Speaker 5: So, I know you don't want to do live video. I know you don't like video podcasts.
Speaker 2: But I don't know if you've seen it. But there's a I baby filter. Would you be a baby?
Speaker 5: Will be a baby?
Speaker 2: Would you try that and give us some segments?
Speaker 5: But with the AI felter, yes, we.
Speaker 2: May, we may do AI baby, but it's only like ten seconds clips, So it's not anyway we might Yeah, hey o Brooklyn Bays, what a boy Asian? Mic?
Speaker 9: So Donny from CTF Chinese.
Speaker 7: By the way, one more thing, yeah.
Speaker 9: So, uh it's how does that saying go?
Speaker 7: It's it's the drill of the chase.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying? Yeah? Perfect?
Speaker 9: I was also thinking of things. Am I the only Asian slice that listens to Brooklyn boys?
Speaker 22: See?
Speaker 9: If there was an Asian slice?
Speaker 2: Would I just be called Chinese? Chinese? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You would be called Chinese now you you're Asian. Mike, you'd be Chinese. They would just Mike. Yeah, they'd be Mike because you assume the name first.
Speaker 8: Hey Dan, this is Risa from Wisconsin. I would just like to share what I think that commercial would sound like if it was played here.
Speaker 2: Oh my golish? Would you say, guy?
Speaker 8: Was it dear Jason? See me? Oh no, it's it's actually okay. Let me just soft yeah, let me just scoo tray pass here? And how how get out of your waier body? Yeah you are?
Speaker 2: You have a great day.
Speaker 8: Watch alfred O skinny round cows.
Speaker 2: Nah, that is spot on? Okay, hold on a second. First of all, it sounds like the impression Bethany from our the Morning Show, our old co host what she used to do impressions of her family in Wisconsin. I need you to play that again now that I have a chance to anticipate it. She's doing her impression of somebody almost getting hit by a cab, but in Wisconsin. So play it again now, Hey, guys.
Speaker 8: This is Teresa from Wisconsin. I would just like to share what I think that commercial would sound like if it was played here. Oh my gosh, what'd you say? Guy? Was a dear dave and see me? Oh no, it's it's actually okay. Let me just so yeah, let me just scoo tray past here and how how get out of your way there?
Speaker 14: Body?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Uh, you have a great day. Watch alfred O Skinny round Cows.
Speaker 2: She's got my vote so far for talk Back of the Week. That's great.
Speaker 4: Maybe we should start with the assignment so far she understood this Back of the week. The assignment was what would the commercials sound like?
Speaker 14: You're from right, hey, guys, Laura from Connecticut originally from Queens.
Speaker 12: So if somebody goes.
Speaker 14: To hit me or hits a camp, whatever the fuck it is, I'm gonna say, what the fuck are you doing?
Speaker 12: Why are you fucking going? Just like that, probably the louder and.
Speaker 14: Then I probably punched this fucking car or something like that. But those two females did not sound like New Yorkers at all. If you're trying to sell something from New York, use New Yorkers. It's pretty easy to get them. Yeah, there's plenty of people in the street in New York.
Speaker 12: Hand them a vitamin watar say hey, say this line. Whoever says sit the best, then put them in the freaking commercial.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 12: Don't use random ass peopall.
Speaker 14: But maybe, like Scary said, they're just putting it all over, maybe all different states. It's Texas, whatever, more and more California, because the first girl sounded like she.
Speaker 12: Was from Cali to me.
Speaker 14: So they're just trying to sell some water. But don't use New Yorkers unless you're gonna really use New Yorker.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: Danielle from the Big Show and I talk about this all the time. When they're looking Unfortunately, they go to the acting pool, and the acting pool happens to have a lot of la types and people from other parts of the country that just want to be actors.
Speaker 2: I do a New York accent. Yeah, I do an accent right terrible. You'll you'll I say this as a New Yorker because you'll you'll notice this scary when I say it. But if you ask a New Yorker to mention, like so she was mentioning, like trying to mention states all over the country. So she picked the classic Midwest state of Texas and the classic West coast state of California. Nothing in between, right right, Like or if you want to say to south, people will probably say Florida. Right, those are the touchstone states for a New Yorker, like you were, like, oh, I was probably all over like you know, Idaho and Portland. You'd never say that. No, No, Texas, Texas and Texas. Really people don't consider that the Midwest, even though it's the it is the Midwest Midwest, like Nebraska, Oklahoma, right you know. But anyway, I just love the New York, Texas, California, you know, all over the fas. Those are the go tos a mooys.
Speaker 27: It's Owen from Philly. I he's all this new thing called wonder Uh. It's it's like it's kind of like those ghost kitchen scary, but like it's you walk in and you can order from any of I think it's like twenty different restaurants, Like they got anything from like Bobby Flay to Marcus Samuelson to just random shit.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they're all over the place here. And but it's it's actually a brick and mortar and there's several restaurants under one building. Not really a ghost kitchen because it does exist. It's on a map and you can walk into it and you can order from them there, so that doesn't make it a ghost kitchen. But I think they do a great job. I've been finding myself ordering more and more from Wonder. Hey, Wonder, maybe you want to sponsor the Brook and Boys podcast. Eh, yeah, I would tell you. They used to be a food truck.
Speaker 2: They were just trucks and you have to live in a certain zip code and if the truck came to that zip code, then you could get the food. And so they had to Faris pizza, which is there was at one point the greatest pizza in the world, and I couldn't get it at my house, so I had to order it at my friend's house and go over there to get it because it wouldn't come to my zip code. Now it's brick and water and you can get the food and he's riding. It's like twenty restaurants all in the same place, and yep, it's excellent.
Speaker 4: You know, they just rolled them out in Philly recently, but they've been here for a couple of years now in this area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I was I was saying at the beginning. Before I was saying, I was saying it because it's not They're not a ghost kitchen scaries, right. A ghost kitchen is when you have, like somebody comes in and takes over a kitchen at someone else's location and sets up a restaurant temporarily goes on.
Speaker 7: Oh from Philly Part two.
Speaker 27: So add this wonder establishment or whatever you want to call it. There's they have the Fara's pizza saying it like that, not the Faras. But do you guys think that it's gonna be good or like even remotely on the level of the real paras?
Speaker 7: Just wondering.
Speaker 4: I could tell you that it's not. I've taken you're wondering, nice wonder you're wondering it's not. Sorry, continue, Okay, there are certain dishes they do well. Theas is very hard to recreate.
Speaker 2: I had it, it was, it was, It was fine, But I wouldn't I wouldn't like if you if you wanted, if you were somewhere not in this area, and you're like, I want to try the pizza. You like, Oh, it's a good pizza, but it's not Thefaras because you need a certain yea certain it was.
Speaker 10: It was good.
Speaker 2: But the Bobby Flay, the Bobby.
Speaker 4: I've had their foods, some of their items, and they do match. The Bobby Flay steak in Atlantic that was in Atlantic City.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have very good things about the steak products.
Speaker 11: Sorry.
Speaker 7: Part three.
Speaker 27: Oh and for Philly, so real quick on the whole dialect thing that I just did with Deafaris, uh Lapper and Wopper, Yeah, they're different in a Northeastern kind of accent. But there are people that say that are differently for different or the same rather for different, Like the John applications of it.
Speaker 2: John.
Speaker 27: One prime example is the prime example that I've kept you in suspense for is John versus John. So John is a name, John is a person, placer thing in Philadelphia, whatever the fuck you want it to be.
Speaker 2: It's the John.
Speaker 27: However, my roommate from like upstate Pennsylvania like the mountains. He says them both the same, like he says, you know, past at John, and like, who the fuck is John?
Speaker 4: How crazy is it though that I use the same example that he's.
Speaker 2: Trying to win over the Philadelphians. Now, after you insert I read his mind by the right, Yeah, you can mispronounce Cindy Lauper's name. Now, look, if you think Wopper and Lauper are direct rhymes with each other. And so if you say whopper like Lauper, if you say whopper, if you're like maybe in the Midwest, you know, maybe in Wisconsin, you say I'd like one of them whoppers, and whopper sounds like Lauper. But you can't put an accent on someone's name and then decide that's how it's pronounced. Her name is pronounced Lawper. If you say it's Lapper, that doesn't make you right. You can't accent her name. It's Lawper. Hey, what's going on? It's me?
Speaker 28: They will cowboy Trucker here one more time, ya SII Barbarino. You know I'm gonna go back to the episode three and thirty six or three thirty five. I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: No one tweeting me on that.
Speaker 28: I don't have a tweeting account, but you know, I'm going to go back to the old Tuesday or Wednesday winning.
Speaker 2: You know, scoot it.
Speaker 28: You're the one that chooses to run in the circle of boushiness, So you.
Speaker 2: Should be expected.
Speaker 28: You should be expected to do a Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday wedding every now and then. You know, it's like when you uh, it's like baseball. You know, sometimes you're in the playoffs, they have the championship games or the games they got them during the week. How many times have you gone to a baseball game during the week?
Speaker 1: Did you?
Speaker 2: Did you complain?
Speaker 14: Then?
Speaker 28: Especially available as buck to the tickets, I guarantee you're gonna go. You're not gonna complain about that. I guarantee A lot.
Speaker 4: More prep goes into getting ready for a wedding than a baseball game. You just throwing a high of t certain jeans and you're out the door. For a wedding, You've.
Speaker 2: Got to take a shower, you gotta get dressed. It's a whole prep.
Speaker 4: No, you don't even you can't even compare a trucker.
Speaker 2: Don't even go down that road. If it's a baseball game. You could any time you want, right and got to work in the morning. Yeah, you can't do that at the wedding.
Speaker 4: Come on, truck, or I expect better out of you and that and you're calling me bougie. First of all, these people are not boogie doing this wedding. These people are not boogie No, not on a Wednesday no, And bougie people only have Saturday night wedding. So the opposite is what of what you're saying is true? Come on, truck, is this really the trucker or is this someone else?
Speaker 2: So suck it up just to go to the wedding. You asked for it, You got it, Toyota, all right. Uh, you're the one that chose to be.
Speaker 28: Bougie and you should be expected to hold up your into the margin. You can't just do it whenever you feel.
Speaker 12: Like it, when it's convenient for you.
Speaker 28: Okay, So what happens if Maddie and the agent Mike cook up and they have a Tuesday wedding?
Speaker 2: Are you not going to go to that?
Speaker 28: Come on, I know you're gonna have to go to that because you don't be man of the people.
Speaker 4: I prote it now, Maddie, Maddie, Maddie's a hardcore Italian. I guarantee she'd have her Saturday night wedding. Her family wouldn't have.
Speaker 2: It any other way.
Speaker 4: The Wednesday wedding is not Italian, certainly not, although these people are, which is again a mystery to me.
Speaker 2: Boggles my mind why they're doing it. Ah ah, Italian, you just said it. But when Maddie's dying, these people are Italian also. It's an anomaly. That's why I brought it to the podcast. It's an oddity. It doesn't happen hearing when Scary goes to a wedding. How it's different from a baseball game is he drinks like a fish. Okay, he doesn't drink like a fish at the baseball game because he's too busy, stuff in his face with food so he can go home in a food coma and get up for work the next day. When Scary goes to a wedding, he gets he drinks a lot. That's also why it's different than a baseball game.
Speaker 4: Sir drinks a lot, so it drinks a lot all right, you said your piece.
Speaker 28: Yeah, be amount of the people like Crody. You don't take a paint from Rody's book. He's a man of the people, all right, Because I guarantee you if film is invited to you there's some fancy shin being during the week, you wouldn't think fast about it. You'd have that man first hanging over your shoulder the second he meted you.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, gos So you know, just do a threat thing, all right.
Speaker 4: And he's in a watt over here. It sounds to me like he had a Wednesday wedding the way he's talking. Brodie, you're a man of the people. How do you feel about the Wednesday wedding? Because because Trucker seems to give you a lot more credit that I'm about to, you would be like, fuck this, I'm not going.
Speaker 2: Well, you're not gonna give me credit, No, because you.
Speaker 4: Ain't gonna He's giving you credit because he's thinking that you have no problem with it, and you would go to a Wednesday wedding, and I'm calling bullshit.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't. I already said I'm not giving up my pickleball on a Wednesday. So what are you talking about? Trucker is Brodie still a man. He's not a man of the people in this case. On hold on, hold on. I'm a man of the people in that if I didn't have pickleball, I would go to the wedding. Now that being said, if they came to me and they were friends of mine and said, hey, listen, David, this is we're getting married at this place because it's our anniversary, or this is my fiance's dream location to get married for fifteen years and this is the only day of the ninth, there was some reason behind it. Yeah, and just what if they can't If they can't afford a wedding on another night, that happens to people, That's fine. I guess what.
Speaker 4: I would have the same response. I would have the same response if they said the same If they said that to me, you and I would be the same. But what Trucker's saying here is that you'd be like, ah, you're.
Speaker 2: Mad at the people. You would absolutely you love Wednesday weddings. No you don't. You don't. You loathe them the same way I do. Trucker is wrong. Trucker is wrong.
Speaker 10: See you.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing. Scary slices you know this, Scary Jones hates Wednesday weddings on principle more than the fact that it's an inconvenience, just that they had the audacity, no inconvenience Scary on a Wednesday. It's like taboo. It's right, but Scary has done a lot of inconvenient things on a Wednesday night. It's a trucker's right. You've gone to events, You've gone to charity events.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but once again it goes back to the original argument.
Speaker 2: You know, you got to put on a tuxedo, you gotta dress up. I get all that. I get it. It's a pain in the ass, and I'm not a big fan of it, but I gotta be honest with you. I would still rather dress up and go to a wedding with a beautiful woman on my arm and spend the evening.
Speaker 4: She may not even come, she has not she has not given me the go ahead, and then she's gonna be my.
Speaker 2: I meant Robin going with me. If I could take a beautiful woman like Robin out to a wedding on a Wednesday, I would feel honored to go to this wedding where my girlfriend was my wife. Whoever you're going with is all dressed up and looking great.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think that's got a trump overwhelm any anxiety you have about a Wednesday, even though you can't go to this wedding because you have to be at work at five o'clock in the morning. I get while you're upset. But as a man of the people, Uh, you know, I would go and if my if my wife wanted to go and dress up and put on a nice outfit and smell nice and look great the way she does when she goes to functions, if it was away, I would be so excited to go with her. Then I wouldn't care as much A was on a Wednesday. And again, let me point out, I don't have a job, so I don't have to get up the next morning. So I understand why you have anxiety about it, because you, scary Jones, have an odd job where you have to get there five o'clock in the morning, have so much anxiety. I'm aging. Look at me, I'm aging. I'm aging like you aged, like you have kids.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I look like I'm sixty two. My boys podcast, All right, last segment.
Speaker 2: Here we go. We're in the home stretch.
Speaker 29: Guys since days. I mean, we can't find truncolate sprinkles here either in Connecticut. I mean went to Dairy Queen and roll up to the drive through trying to get my kids some ice cream, and I'm like, you've got any chalcolate sprinkles. They're like, no, We're sorry, we just continued that. I'm like, what, how do you just continue truckle sprinkles? How does that happen? And by the way, we do call them Jimmy's and Wednesday wedding Wednesday gift.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I don't care.
Speaker 29: It's closely acceptable if it's not. Guess what if I'm coming to your wedding and it's on a Wednesday and I got to drag my ass to work in the morning after that, You're getting a Wednesday fucking gift.
Speaker 12: I don't care, don't care.
Speaker 29: You're right, scary Wednesday gift, No Saturday gifts, no booze gift.
Speaker 2: Brushed me on the morning show. They made it up.
Speaker 4: They made it a federal fucking case against me, and they turned they tried to turn the whole listeners, all the listeners on me, because if I had the audacity to think, yeah, the morning show thought, how dare I have the audacity to even think that I would give a lesser gift?
Speaker 2: And that how awful that is, and how they want you to give a Saturday gift.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you have no idea what the flak that I caused? And Elvis had a stopped and said, scary, Sometimes you say things just for the radio, just to get a rise out of people. I know you, I know you're such a You're a wonderful guy. You're you're a good man. And he's talking to the audience about me, trying to defend me.
Speaker 2: How embarrassed he was that I made these comments. Wasn't he wasn't defending you. He was saying that you would never do such an awful thing like that, to put it, put a magnifying glass on the fact that you were doing something so awful. He's like, no, no, he.
Speaker 4: Was like, He's like, scary, scary, you're talking out of your ass. You're trying you're trying to get a rise out of people. I'm like, no, I actually honestly feel that way. What is it about you Italians?
Speaker 30: You know?
Speaker 4: Then it came in that that into the chat. You know, it's like the you know how Italians they show up with the open envelope and then in the blank check the blank check, and they wait to rate the meal and the place and the atmosphere, and then they put them on. You know, they write it in afterwards. I just come on, I don't go that far.
Speaker 14: Hey guys, by from Connecticut, scary, I'm with you on this. I was always told to sleep on your right side.
Speaker 12: It was better for you.
Speaker 14: And I have a history of high blood pressure and my doctor told me it was better for me to sleep on my right side if I was going to sleep.
Speaker 12: I'm more of a back sleeper now. Years ago it was different.
Speaker 14: I always slept on my stomach, but having four children that changed.
Speaker 12: But I was always told to sleep on my right also. And by.
Speaker 14: Hey lord from Connecticut, Brody, I know exactly how you feel. I've had knee surgeries on both my knees toward meniscus ligaments. I've had injections, Geil shots, cortzone shots, and after my knee surgery on my left.
Speaker 12: Knee, they had to put a huge ass needle in there to drain some fluid out. They said there was.
Speaker 14: Fluid in there or blood from the surgery, and they put this huge ass.
Speaker 12: Needle on my knees and then they leave.
Speaker 14: The doctor leaves the room for fucking like twenty minutes, and there's all fluid coming out.
Speaker 12: There's just blood knee. I thought I was going to vomit or.
Speaker 14: Pass out, but me was umongous after the surgery, and uh, I feel for you, buddy, because it really sucked.
Speaker 2: Thank you very descriptive. I'm not going to read the whole thing, but if you google is it better to sleep on your left side or right side for your health? It gives a very detailed explanation. The beginning of it is, for overall health, sleeping on your left side is generally recommended, especially for digestive health, circulation potential reducing the risk of neurological diseases. However, if you have heart problems, sleeping on your right side might be better for you. Is it can improve heart health, and then it goes on to talk about if you have acid reflux, you should sleep on your left side, circulation, left side, pregnant brain health, left side, pregnant left side, heart function, right side, back and neck pain. Sleeping on your back or side can help alleviate back pain, while side sleeping can help with neck pain. Anyway, it goes on and tell you blah blah blah. So depending on who you are is a better indication of what side you should sleep on, not what Scary told you he saw on.
Speaker 30: TikTok Case by Case Base Brooklyn Boys episode latest episode, It's been from Home State. Just got to the end of the episode and I made a terrible realization. Scary mentions his penis way too much over the years. I've been listening to you guys for over twenty years, and when you guys are talking about the tree that slands to the left or whatever it is, Brody said, oh, like a penis, and before Scary says it, I said nope. Also, Scary bent from upstated cut off in reference to your car, and I don't mean to. I wasn't planning to come back to this, but I was playing catch up on a fifteen minute morning show and I'm like over a year behind. So I just listened to an episode today where Scary says that he keeps hitting the same pothole over and over and over again, and the first thing I thought was, well, that's why you need the tire service. Why the fuck can't you hey been from upstate? Again, in reference to the commercial about New York or whatever they were advertising, I think the female voice could be from Manhattan, because you know, manhatt don't really have a specific accent to it like a Brooklyn or the Bronx. And that's true. Even still a lot of times when you say that's a Brooklyn accent, people are really saying it's an Italian accent, because you know, that's pretty much what it is.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yeah, Brooklyn by itself, if it was its own, would be, if it was owned city, would be the fourth largest city in America. And there's lots of accents in Brooklyn, but the Brooklyn accent is the Italian Brooklyn accent is what He's correct. That's when people think of Brooklyn. They think, here's a hey.
Speaker 4: This is this talkback is from commenting on episode three twenty five only feats.
Speaker 30: And I could be wrong about that, but that's just my opinion. A lot of times when people say, oh, that's a Brooklyn accent, even like you guys, you say sound like you're from Brooklyn, or somebody talks like they're from Brooklyn. And usually when I hear it, Italian, an Italian or New York Italian accent. A lot of times A reference Danielle as having a Bronx accent. I believe to me she has the same accent as you guys. And I'm from the Bronx. I'm from the other side of the Bronx, and I don't think we talked the same. Nothing wrong with it, I just don't think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cut off.
Speaker 30: Yeah, I know a lot of talk back let's finish, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Know at finish first.
Speaker 30: Yeah, I know a lot of talkbacks. This is probably gonna be my last one. But Brody, I give a scary shit all the time, trying to give you a little bit of shit. You fuck on the last slice time. I appreciate you explaining why you need a step and repeat, But in that explanation you uh said that you use it for when you do your video podcast what we chopliver exactly.
Speaker 11: Shit.
Speaker 4: Brody does video podcasts for everyone else except these slices listening to this podcast right.
Speaker 2: Now, and I want answers. I've explained the difference. The difference is when I do a podcast with six other people, most of the time I'm not talking. I'm sitting there and When I talk, I talk for fifteen twenty seconds and then I don't talk again. This is non stop uh yelling and hand waving and animation. And I don't feel comfortable with what I'm looking at right now when I watch myself and scary getting all upset. That putting that out is video. Sitting calmly and talking about Star Wars or Marvel movies is a lot different.
Speaker 9: Boys, Your boys, Mike, so we day video. Well, I can tell you that, uh, Chinese people and Jewish people have several things in common. And it's not just Chinese food on Christmas Day.
Speaker 2: You guys love weekday weddings. We talked about this.
Speaker 30: They also have.
Speaker 9: Their weddings on weekdays as well, but not right. So what goes into the wedding plan is they have a astrologer that matches up the Chinese zodiac animals that the way the year they were born, you know, so each year represents a particular animal, and then they see the compatibility and then they figure out what they's best to get married and or is the luckiest day of get married?
Speaker 19: You know?
Speaker 9: So yeah, so if the day lands on the weekday and they choose the weekday, they tradition have their wedding on that day ritually. I've been to several of my friends' weddings that they had on the during the week. But if it was me, you know, and uh, I'm not going to say who is, it's going still assigned to old creepy. But my wedding is going to be land on a week weekend to just everybody's schedule, thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that's true. And and and once you get married on your lucky year of the rat day, right fifty, you still get divorced.
Speaker 4: So well see, but that's attaching a reason to having it on a Wednesday, which I'm okay with. Once again, I'm going to go right back to this. These are two Catholic Italians who decided to do this for no rhyme or reason, and it's not attached to a special date in their life.
Speaker 2: They hate their friends.
Speaker 12: Hey, this is jenn Fer Hannibal. I was commenting on episode three thirty seven.
Speaker 31: I don't know if my last one says or not, but about splitting the check, what if your friend has a difficult financial situation and they're unable to pay one hundred dollars for you know, splitting the check evenly. I feel like some people would be maybe excluded from the friends group and it would be difficult for some people.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think we've we've taken that under advisement, uh, into consideration several times with people over the years. And if somebody was in between jobs, no they weren't.
Speaker 2: Working, or they they were down in.
Speaker 4: Their luck, we would we would actually talk about them kind of behind their back and kind of like rally and say no, we're just going to get the check. So when the check came, we pre planned it. We've pre planned that they they they should.
Speaker 2: Not pay, and then we would if you are so down on your luck that you that you're practically a woman, they will pay for your dinner like they would pay for a woman.
Speaker 4: No, if you happen to be if a guy or a girl that's in between jobs and you don't have to pick up a check.
Speaker 2: For women and poor people, nothing wrong with that, Yeah, of course we don't. We would not.
Speaker 4: Want someone to feel like they couldn't hang with us because they couldn't afford it.
Speaker 2: Right, So the women should feel like they're being pitied like an a poor person. That person should feel like they're being treated like a woman either way to get a free meal, So I'm fine with it.
Speaker 32: Reggie here, thank you so much for asking for my bio. Okay, so I started a social media account that was purely used for stalking. It wasn't serious, but it was advertising my ability to take people. But now I've been getting orders for it, so I can't even tak you all so much because I'm just constantly doing the order. I also spend a lot of time pleasuring strangers with my hand in my mouth, and I won't leave anybody.
Speaker 12: Out, and that's kind of the essence of me really.
Speaker 32: You know, if anybody has any tips on how I can make these two and I am a huge podcast band. I don't even want to lessen music ever ever. Reggie from New Jersey, thank you for asking me about who I am. I'm a loyal listener who's been here before episode zero. I'm so glad this became The Brooklyn Boys instead of the off air show.
Speaker 12: I have a PhD in.
Speaker 32: Educational technology and I'm a special education teacher. I also work for Amazon and Instacart, and in my spare time, youth basketball coach and a special Olympics basketball coach. I also volunteer for a great organization called Care about the Strays, which is acronym cats, and they care for community cats in Rockland County. I also foster a ton of cats and.
Speaker 2: Dogs, so that's so cute, and that is mostly.
Speaker 32: How I spend my time. I've been published in a few journals for education related to educational technology. I wrote one young don't book called A World of Misfortune, and two of my cats he wrote their own books available on Amazon if he'd like to check them out. One is Cooled Sebastian and the other one is Cold Stanley. And you know, about five years ago, I was pregame scary. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease, and I became overtime scary.
Speaker 12: But now, after about four.
Speaker 32: Years of treatment, I am back to like first quarter scary, and I'm hoping to get back to where I was. Reggie here Skyler has a PhD. Really wow, I wouldn't have thought she was smart.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's how we're gonna leave it this week, Brody with an insult from one size to the next.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you for that. Reggie.
Speaker 4: Spotlight on Reggie, Yeah, spotlight on scary.
Speaker 2: Not remember who Skyler is.
Speaker 4: Skyler is is Reggie's alter ego. I didn't say that, so so she's dissing herself.
Speaker 2: I didn't say that. I'm good, You're good. Slices hit the yeah, all right, lots.
Speaker 1: Of stories from a couple of boys.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we got something for you.
Speaker 4: I saw a ghost like reactions.
Speaker 1: This podcast all depends on you.
Speaker 2: Baby Free