Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong is Joe Getty Armstrong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Yetty. Yesterday we tried to decipher what Trump was saying Wednesday. I think when he talked about two weeks, Putin's got two weeks, I didn't know if that was like an ultimatum. I mean, in usual Trumpian fashion, was kind of vague on that, but a number of news organizations have pointed out since then he has said two weeks at least four different times in the last since he took office about Putin's got two weeks and then we'll know, as like a deadline. So I guess that doesn't necessarily mean anything, although the rubber meets the road in that we are either going to back the sanctions in Europe and or add on to them like eighty two senators want to do, or and and continue to arm Ukraine and give them intelligence, or we're not, and that decision is going to be made at some point.
Speaker 1: Right right with perhaps you know, historical significance, Yeah, I mean like serious historical significance significance, not like people throw.
Speaker 2: It around all the time. That term, the term this is history making a historical day because Katy Perry went up near space exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for instance, Katy Perry, Gail King and others been up in the air for a little bit.
Speaker 2: This is a historic day. Yeah, No, a real one. I'm said.
Speaker 1: So, a lot to squeeze in the last hour of the week. Can't wait to get started, Let's do it. It's the Friday tradition. If I look back at the week that was, it's cow clips of the week.
Speaker 2: But in this moment, this morning, my god, strato frappucino, which is the week. And I don't know what the hell happened to Putin. I've known him a long time and something happened to this guy, and I don't like it. I don't think Pootin has changed.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the president's talking about negative rites.
Speaker 2: I only know of one really bad thing, World War three. I think this four is about to get a lot dirtier now. It looks as though the war in Gaza is raging on a level that we haven't seen present posting on truth social that he may take quote three billion dollars of grant money away from fairy, anti Semitic Harvard, the.
Speaker 4: Staggering setback for President Trump's aggressive trade agenda. The White House rebuking the court, saying it is not for unelected judges to decide how to properly address a national emergency.
Speaker 2: I think it both can be can be can be big, or it can be beautiful, but I don't know if it could be both. Republicans on the House Oversight Committee are ready in subpoenas.
Speaker 5: We want to ask him, who gave you the authority to use Joe Biden's signature.
Speaker 2: We never got somebody that said we should never have done this. I can't believe we did it. Yeah, there's gradations of honesty. Video of President McCool and his wife Frigie pushing his face is going virals. The gaugeous piece dis lose are staying, you loser, get dressed. We're going to kill kid. Cuddy Clarker called combstaelling her, but the rapper wasn't home at the time, and prosecutor say that John Wells proceeded to essentially torture him, demanding that he give up his Bigcoin password.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lay down, I'm not to get in the bed, I just want to call tell you that night mostly.
Speaker 6: During power can change the definition of the words we use to describe reality.
Speaker 2: Shut up, your word is a clar.
Speaker 3: C small A cla e C O A I R C I S S E M e U.
Speaker 6: That is correct.
Speaker 2: Stumping the joy out of life Armstrong and Getty. Yes, if you missed our segment stumping stomping the joy out of the spelling Bee, that was an hour one, you can find the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: To quote an American Idol contestant from many years ago. Actually it was the mother of a contestant where he from French?
Speaker 2: What are they giving.
Speaker 1: Clarissimoon? It's the English spelling b for Indian kids. What are you doing with French words?
Speaker 2: Well, because they all study fifteen hours a day all summer long. Rather than have a childhood. You have to get, you know, pretty deep into the weeds on words to finally get enough people to miss. Do you get a champion the word weeds? Waste of time? Anyway? Consult our one. So first, this a little self aggrandizement from Timothy Timothy Sandefer, our friend, tim the lawyer who we had on yesterday with an excellent segment, as always, about a number of things. Read the law he was responding to. So he tweeted out his segment on the Armstrong and Getty Show. Somebody had responded to him saying that they gave upon political radio years ago, and Tim responded with, I sympathize, but at risk of giving my friends Jack and Joe big heads. What makes their show special is that it's political without being angry and overbearing and just a bunch of echo chamber slogan airing bs to a chet responded the same person, fully agree it was more the overall news cycle becoming absurd, But Jack and Joe are absolutely the best, and I'm glad they're still out there. So, oh, thanks, it's very kind of you. Thank you made me feel like I'm not completely wasting my time getting up, getting dressed and coming to work as I often feel.
Speaker 1: And to reassure Tim, I think we are both so constantly and acutely aware of our failures that.
Speaker 2: All right, the big head thing is just not danger not worried about that happening.
Speaker 1: I can hardly take in my creative output because all I can see are the flaw. So don't worry about that that overstates it, that overstates it. But I'm very aware of them.
Speaker 2: I know this for a fact. Psychologically, people tend to be one of two directions, and then it's a it's a continuum. So you might be like, way out there. I am way out there on one of them, I think. But you tend to be either a person that thinks everything that happens in your life is your fault, or a person that thinks nothing in you that happens in your life is your fault at somebody else's fault or circumstances. And then you're somewhere in between on that continuum. And I lean pretty far toward everything that happens is my fault. And I hadn't considered this until I came across this premise. Every relationship that's ever failed in my life, I have only ever looked at or thought about the things that I did that caused it to go bad, as if they had no role whatsoever, or it couldn't possibly be something they did, or they have any flaws. I've never even considered the other side. It's always been me, and just so I lean way toward that for some reason, huh. And I don't know why. Yeah.
Speaker 1: My daughter, my youngest, she had a college professor who used to like to hit them with pissy thoughts right before they started exams.
Speaker 2: I have no idea why. It was just his thing.
Speaker 1: And remember, and he'd lay something on him And at one point what he laid on them was, remember the only commonality and all of your failed relationships is you?
Speaker 2: Anyway? That started so where I look at everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And because Delaney really liked this teacher, she she connected with him for a coffee or something down the road and said, boy, that really stuck with me.
Speaker 2: And he said, I said that that's a terrible thing to say. I really said that. Wow, that's funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Some of a friend of mine hit me with that the other day because there was a point where all three cars that I own had a dent in them, which is incredibly low rent. I mean said, happened to stupid people keep happening to me. And they said, what is the common factor one, young Michael, just take it from me. Once you start blaming others, Jack, you'll feel very comfortable. It makes it easier and easier. Yeah. Interesting, speaking of uh pithy thoughts. I was on the shower thoughts Reddit thread yesterday and grabbed just a couple because most of them sucked.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we've run out of good shower thoughts, but we did this as a feature on the show for a long time. Yeah, fun these are they start to suck? Yes, yeah, these are.
Speaker 2: I think one of them is funny, but maybe but just kind of interesting. I didn't know this where uh, every this has been true of May, and May is almost over because we so you missed out. But every day for the next ten days was going to be same, the same backwards or forwards. And this was true during five twenty twenty five through five twenty nine twenty five. So it all ended yesterday. The fun ended yesterday. You missed it while it was true, But so forward or backwards five two oh two five, or read it backwards five to oh two five, and then the same way for five two one two five five two one two five, Sassin, isn't that fun? And you missed out on it? It ended?
Speaker 1: Damn it.
Speaker 2: When people yearn for a simpler, worry free time, they don't yearn for an actually simpler time, but for a time when they were kids and their parents did the worrying for them. That is often true of you know why, it was a simpler time because I didn't have to worry about the bills or anything else interest rates. I wasn't thinking about any of that stuff. Ugh, yes, yeah, yeah, that was a sigh of deep on WII.
Speaker 1: Well, I was just thinking back to the period of my life when that truth hit the most powerfully.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, very challenging. And then this one. I definitely not care free. No, I thought this was really a good one and very true. If you're walking around thinking with Israel, Hamas and Ukraine and you know, China on the rise or whatever it is, all that stuff that we talk about. Whooping cough what oh, still getting over it. I wonder if I'll have this for the rest of my life. No, no, you will. I won't.
Speaker 1: And we've got a friend with the long COVID Holy cow. He's correspondent with a couple of doctors who've been recommended by friends who are connected to medicine, and they've all said, look, all of my patients have gotten better, but sometimes it takes a couple of years.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. Oof. The world isn't falling apart, it's merely exiting from the odd most peaceful era of human history and returning to long term normalcy. That is very much true, returning to the mean. It is returning to what it has been throughout world history. We had a lucky period here, partially because of the United States was so dominant that it could keep world order where that might be going away, and then it's just back to, you know, the way the world always was, which doesn't make it, which isn't comforting as the bombs rained down or whatever happens. But yeah, convincing people who have grown up in liberty and affluence that this is incredibly delicate and we need to protect it or it's going to go away, it's very difficult to convince a lot of people of that truth. It's also apparently almost impossible to convince people of some we have it great other countries or people would will be happily take this from us if we don't stop them. Yes, that has always been true, right, they don't care, you know that whole I built this house on the land once owned by these so and so Indians that can come back again very easily, and somebody made someday, I built this house on the land that once was California, but now as a Chinese province or whatever, like they would care anyway. We got more on the waistair.
Speaker 5: It was December twenty eighth, twenty eight year old's Cameron McDougall, a Canadian citizen, allegedly assaulted someone on a Coopa Airlines flight from Panama City, Panama, to Toronto. Authorities say he was taken off that flight, but not arrested and allowed to book on another airline.
Speaker 2: He was back at Miami International Airport the next day.
Speaker 5: He passes through security and hides behind a wall before he's seen punching a man walking by. Then he storms back to the TSA checkpoint, where security cameras catch him throwing several punches at TSA officers until he's knocked down over a luggage cart and pinned.
Speaker 2: Down until law enforcement arrives.
Speaker 5: McDougall has pleaded guilty in federal court to assaulting TSA officers.
Speaker 2: Oh, the end of the story is the important part. He like one in December, beat up passengers and air waitresses on a plane, and he didn't go to jail. He's still out. Then he attacks people yesterday. It's a yet another example of somebody showing you who they are and we think it's a one off or let's give them a second chance or whatever that happens.
Speaker 1: Just these bizarre utopian notions of justice right are so popular.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so obviously freaking nut job should have been in jail before. Yeah, don't we need more jail.
Speaker 1: It's not fere So I'd like to congratulate Florida Man, who after you know, a bit of a down period. I mean, Florida Man really led America in aberrant behavior for.
Speaker 2: A long time.
Speaker 1: But in recent days California junkie or Louisiana inmate has really.
Speaker 2: Kind of seized the mantle. But here's a good comeback attempt.
Speaker 1: Here's a Florida man way whacked out on mes Okay again, going back to the things that made Florida Man great mess, forty two year old Timothy Schultz dance with the drug that brung you exactly. He first came to the attention of folks in his part of Florida because he was swimming across a lake. I don't know if you know much about Florida or the Deep South in general, Airs is saying, if you want to know, if there's a gator in the lake. Stick your finger in it. Bring your finger out if your finger is wet. There's a gator in it. So he's swimming across a lake and the neighbors are like, hey, dude, there's a gater next to you. So they call the authorities. The authorities show up. This guy's swimming across. He gets out of the lake. His arm has obviously been chewed up by an allegation. Oooh, that of very little interest to Florida man, who hardly even noticed.
Speaker 2: He's so messed out.
Speaker 1: And he arms himself for some reason with some glipping shears that somebody was using in one of the yards by the lake. And oh, one of the bystanders throw him a life preserver. He ignored that.
Speaker 2: He emerges with his gator chewed arm.
Speaker 1: He grabs a pair of garden shears, then tried to break into a vehicle by throwing a brick. According to the sheriff, when deputies arrived, they say they jumped out of the vehicle saw mister Charltz walking between holmes with a set of shears. Then he charged at the deputy and attempted to trim them. Oh, they tried to de escalate and tased him twice, but he continued to be aggressive, all mefed up and everything. Then he jumped in the passenger seat of a running patrol vehicle and tried to grab the shotgun out of it. Oh wow, at which point, unfortunately Jack Florida man met his end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta shoot him at that point. Yeah, yeah. By gives you an idea how difficult it is for cops dealing with or anybody dealing with a with a meft up person. If the gator chewed arm and being tased twice doesn't slow him down, that's a remember that if you ever get in a fight or might get in a fight with somebody who's on math, you ain't You ain't got a chance.
Speaker 1: Coming up next segment, absolutely brilliant essay why Americans don't Undersland understand Vladimir Putin?
Speaker 2: Really good cool. I want to hear that myself, armstrong and getty. I pay a tremendous amount of attention to although you Ukraine Russia War. I check in on the Telegraph, the London newspaper, their daily Ukraine podcast at least part of it every single day for an update, mostly on the diplomacy stuff. They also do a great update on the military part. If you care about that, it's a Russia's losing fifteen hundred men a day killed or wounded, but off the battlefield fifteen hundred a day. That's a stunning number.
Speaker 1: So on that topic, I'm gonna read part of an essay I've come across by Constantine Kissing. You know Constantine he is. He's most often described as a comedian. He does commentary. He's a commentator, he's a podcast host. He's a thinker and a writer. He is a brit he is of Russian extraction. I think he may have emigrated as a child, but he's absolutely a first generation britt who's also an American of file, as you'll hear. But he goes into how prompted by the wave of Missilan drown attacks on the Ukrainian towns, Trump said what he said. I've always had a good relationship with Putin, but something's happened to him. He's gone absolutely crazy, and the other things he said. So that's what Putin's writing about. I'm sorry, not Putin Keisen Kissing. That's what he's writing about. Why Americans don't understand Vladimir Putin. That's an interesting theory. Before we examined it in detail, it's worth pointing out that numerous American presidents have attempted to believe Putin could be reasoned with, and then he goes through the George W. Bush looked into his eyes, saw soul, Bill Clinton, o Ama. It's just the reset, all of it. US presidents prefer, at least pretend to believe because it pretends them from having to face the reality of who Putin has always been and what that means for America in the West. But far more importantly, this belief is also a product of the American psyche, which makes even the most cynical US politicians susceptible to manipulation by those who operate within a different moral framework. You'll not find a bigger fan of the United States than me, he writes. Spending time in the US is always a joy. One cannot help but be inspired by the culture of openness, cooperation, and positivity. The story of America is that anything is possible, especially when good people get together to do business, make money, and thrive. While most Americans take these cultural traits as given, the reality is that they are rare and are in no small part the foundation of America's success. Americans are widely regarded around the world as extremely friendly, welcoming, proactive, and constructive. But every coin has two sides. The trade off of this business focused, open minded, good faith, let's make money approach is a consistent failure to contend with the reality that not all cultures and not all people are like this an extremely important point in my education learning this stuff, not just my formal education, but education in general. I think my Western friends often say that I come across as intense, unsmiling, and even angry in interviews by American standards. They're certainly right, which is why they're always surprised when I tell them the story of showing a Russian family member a school photo of mine.
Speaker 2: Why have you all got that idiotic American smile? She asked. Wow.
Speaker 1: The open, welcoming and positive attitude that is the default setting in America is widely regarded in many parts of the world as evidence of gullibility, un seriousness, and naivete. It is seen, sometimes justifiably, as an attitude that leaves people vulnerable to deception, not because Americans are stupid, but because their desire to believe in the good of all makes it harder for them to recognize when others are not in fact good. And to fully grasp the cultural chasm between Russia and America, you need to understand the history of the two countries. I will summarize this, though it is fabulously written. The US is a nation of people who conquered a continent. It is filled with the descendants of those who left their homelands to seek a better life on the other side of the world. Goes through the hardships, the triumphs, the centuries of newcomers, the work hard, go get it mentality, a high trust, collaborative society. We have no comparable genetic memory of being invaded by powerful enemies. The Great Depression was merely a precursor to the country's explosion into an economic and manufacturing superpower.
Speaker 2: Pearl Harbor was followed.
Speaker 1: By overwhelming victory in World War Two and then the period of American dominance.
Speaker 2: That's what's formed us as a people.
Speaker 1: Anything is possible, problems or challenges to be solved, and the future is bright now. Kissing Rights consider the history of Russia. One of the founding experiences of the Russian nation is being occupied by the Mongols, the descendants of Jengis Khan, wiped out anyone who resisted and subjugated everyone else. Those are horrors equivalent to your country being invaded by Isis or Kyl Drago from the Game of Thrones. They butcher, rape, and torture their way through every major city and force everyone else to bend the knee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't have that experience. I think about that a lot, even without getting into Genghis Khan, just like we've never had been invaded by Nazis like France, or been bombed like England, or lots of different places that have you know, been attacked like that.
Speaker 1: We have not. In Russia, this period is called the tet Mongol yoke, a yoke being a device joined like oxen to pull a load. That period of time lasted around two hundred and forty years, as long as the entire history of the US. To this day, the Russian language contains many Mongolian words, especially those related to taxation, weaponry, and war. Another formative period in Russian history is called the Smuta or times of Trouble. Ivan the Terrible, infamous for killing his only viable air and a fit of rage passed down his crown to a feeble and incapable son. When that son, Feodor, died without an air, Russia was thrust into fifteen years of chaos, in which a succession of usurpers and false claimant battled over the throne, combined with famine, disease in a series of foreign invasions, a series of foreign invasions, the Times of Troubles saw at least a third of Russia's population wiped out in fifteen years. One of the key conclusions Russians drew from this is that, whatever else he is, a ruler must be strong to maintain order. A weak ruler leads to chaos, and chaos is to be avoided at any cost, how poorly this is understood in the West. Is ironically and perfectly encapsulated in the different names Russians and English speakers have for Ivan the terrible. The word terrible is a telling mistrans his moniker in Russian is much more accurately translated as fearsome.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Surprise. I haven't come across that before all the Russia stuff I read. But yeah, that's yeah. If you have chaos and gangs running the street and It's like Haiti or Russia during that period. You'd be happier in hell to have a dictator come along if it restored order. So at least you could, like, you know, work your job and have your kids go to school. Yeah, we have through the years.
Speaker 1: On this show discussed at length the concept of UH liberty or compassion versus order, and how order without compassion is fascism and brutality, and compassion without order is chaos and ugliness. And so Russians culturally are extremely fond of order. I mean, can you imagine being slaughtered like the Mongols did and then still the same people in same country sort of, I mean, obviously not the same governmental structure, but the same cultural people being slaughtered again, two thirds of them because a week leadership and then kissing gets into In the centuries since that crap happened, Russia's repeatedly been invaded by its western neighbors, including the Swedes, Lithuanians, Poles, Finns, and famously Napoleon Bonaparte and then Adolf Hitler. While these attacks were ultimately repelled, they left deep scars in the Russian psyche. There's little triumphalism about defeating Napoleon, whose evasion saw invasion, saw Moscow burn to the ground.
Speaker 2: Well, victory war in peace if you want to know what that was like. Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And while victory in the Great Patriotic War, the Russian name for WW two, as much celebrated came around the it came at the cost of around twenty million lives. By contrast, we the United States lost Joe just over four hundred thousand people in the same conflict, twenty million to four hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: And then he goes into the revolutions on civil wars and not on our turf, with our homes going along with the lives of being lost and everything right right then, Compare also the revolutions in civil wars which took place in the two countries. Russian Revolution, which sparked the Russian Civil War, resulted in the installation of a tyrannical, murderous communist regime which exterminated its enemies, expropriated private property, and instituted decades long reign of terror, ending in economic collapse in Cold War defeat in nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, the American Revolution is a story of a successful fight for independence, while the American Civil War, although bloody and painful, is seen as the price of progress on the path to ultimate unification. And I wish we had more time for this, but you get the idea. Let me skip to his concluding paragraph. In his long telegram, George Keen and the great American diplomat, famously wrote that Russia was quote impervious to logic of reason and is highly sensitive to logic of force. This is why I had high and so far false, false hopes for Trump's ability to end the war. I assumed you would understand the obvious that bringing Putin to the negotiating.
Speaker 2: Table would require a carrot and a stick.
Speaker 1: So far dangling only the carrot of ending the killing and sending a starry eyed, historically and geographically illiterate lawyer to be bamboozled for hours in the Kremlin has predictably produced nothing. That's Trump's friend, what's his name? Who's in charge of the Russia negotiations and the Middle East? It's complete waste of time. By the way, the only way Trump will get serious negotiations going is to threaten Putin with ramping up not only sanctions but high grade, extensive military aid to Ukraine. As long as that option is not on the table, Putin will keep calling America's bluff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Trump will. Putin will stop when he's forced to the end. Yeah yeah, you know. A good summary of that long piece would be wake up or grow up?
Speaker 5: Grow up.
Speaker 1: America's great failing is that we everybody thinks like us, over and over and over again.
Speaker 2: That was George Bush's George W. Bush is great failing. We'll just give him democracy and tell them how great it is. Then they will do it. Yeah, we we We hate the idea of US culture where the strong can just take from the week whenever they want. There are a lot of cultures that think that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Get what's coming to the only conceivable choice, right like like anything else is an interesting thought experiment if maybe you're stoned or something. But let's be realistic. The strong do what they will. The week do what they must.
Speaker 2: Okay, we had to leave time for this, so Hanson, our executive producer, crafted an AI tune about Joe earlier in the show. We'll play a little of that for you to smash hit. And now he's crafted a song about me which I have not heard of him and not looking forward to that is coming up next. Oh my god, I just got my final thought from a CBS news headline. I saw, okay, that'll be my final thought. So earlier we were talking AI and got on the topic of like songwriting for one thing, because I I asked chat GPT a question about a song I was writing last night, which makes me feel horrible. I'll never do that again in my life. And I did not use the recommendation, but like, what is the point AnyWho? Executive producer Hansen decided to craft a few songs through a I and crafted one about Joe that goes something like this and you just frank this up a little bit, and this is my favorite kind of music. He gets up every morning. Tell me why not. Everybody's dedicated his home magistanis.
Speaker 3: That's right, everyone to hear him last.
Speaker 2: That's all last.
Speaker 7: He's a master of metaphor and the wordsmith supreme.
Speaker 2: But don't ask.
Speaker 1: Him to work to hall.
Speaker 2: It's right, all of leisure. He's the king. There I go, I'm a chorus. Come on, Joey.
Speaker 6: Joke.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great, it's a fault man joke, Getty joke that could have been on he haw ah, beautiful. So that was Joe's song, which we heard earlier. I've not heard anything we need to know about this answer. I went with a more contemporary feel, okay, but I think the music is something that you'll dig. All right.
Speaker 1: He's a true all America, a patriot, father, gentlemen.
Speaker 2: He's weary.
Speaker 7: He did just start this shoes and never finding him drinking booze.
Speaker 2: A family man, a hard working man. He grew up in a heart land. He's no food.
Speaker 7: He won't be fighting old bad boom.
Speaker 1: The whooping cough, My get o, my gidd.
Speaker 3: Unless he stops eating that greasy food.
Speaker 7: Jack control whooping cough, My get o, my get unless he stops eating that greasy food. Jack control whooping cough, My gett.
Speaker 2: Who because he stops doing that before the purser. But know it's better than the fighting. He unless he stopped seating that greasy food. Jack cowstrat lo.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 2: That is a very modern country song. Whooping cough might get him wow handsome. One of the points being that, like, how long did that whole thing take you once you wrote the lyrics, which you could have had AI write the lyrics, but once you wrote the lyrics. How long did it take that cross? It was seconds and it gave me two versions. There's another version, but we liked that one better. That is just amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the irony, as we were chatting about earlier, So AI is going to free us up from having the works that we can write songs or whatever? What the hell's the point? The AI is doing that too, right, which they'll free us up to what grow tomatoes?
Speaker 2: All right? I was compelled by an emotional situation to want to write a song yesterday, and then what I'm gonna have chat GBT write it. The whole artistics expression thing is generally too I mean, what are you doing letting it out?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Hey, chat GBT? Could you ruminate on my life for a while while I scroll through Twitter?
Speaker 1: And I've talked to people a lot through the years about you know why I bother writing and producing songs that you know people will hear. It's because the process is so satisfying. You start with silence and you end up with a complete song and arrangement and everything and sounds good at least in my ears.
Speaker 2: And if that was just handed to you, well, then what are we doing here?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Or substitute writing same sort of thing. If chat g BT, can you know, fix your poem in a way that you can't, well, then what is the point?
Speaker 1: Look what I wrote kind of sort of but I didn't. Yeah, yeah, I got a bad feeling about this. Yeah, well, so does that that one book I read which was deep in Thorny.
Speaker 2: What was the name of that book I had for you earlier? Deep Utopia by Nick Bostrom. I mean, if you're really into this topic, he goes really deep on the meaning of mankind and how this could possibly disrupt it and how rough it's going to be if we don't need to work. He's assuming the sort of worst case scenario, although plenty of people think it's best case scenario, which I think you're nuts. The people out there who think best case scenario is AI can produce better than we ever could, will provide enough GDP and we can all stay home and you know, play the guitar and write poems and grow tomatoes. Our only purpose will be pleasure. That'll right, right right, There's no chance that works out. Final thought Great songs and gee oh yeah rocket, here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty. So flascid.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew draft things up for the week.
Speaker 2: There is our technical director, Michaelangelo. Michael final tallet.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm on my way to a college graduation and I'm going to be sitting on bleachers for several hours, so hide outside.
Speaker 2: It's one hundred and two of that.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: We're going to see how this goes. Oh my god, people will literally be passing out.
Speaker 1: Hi Kramba, Wow, Katie Green is off this. He can't wait till she's back on Monday. Jack.
Speaker 2: Final thought for we speaking of graduation is the thing that made me so angry is I just saw the CBS headline about how the Harvard president, speaking to the Harvard graduating class yesterday, got a one minute standing ovation from the class for his blasting the Trump administration. No mention in the CBS news headline that Harvard finished last this previous year in terms of academic freedom by the people who ranked that sort of thing and their own report about themselves showed them to be discriminatory and antisemitic. Yeah no, that didn't Well, they didn't have time to mention that in the news. Year you're in one minute standing ovation. What are you talking about? My final thought. To claim that a normally reasonable, rational and pragmatic Putin with whom we can do business has suddenly become a different person and gone crazy is insane in his self. Putin is what he is and has always been. Armstrong and getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday. So many people, thanks so a little time. Good Armstrong you Getty dot com. Great pleasures, await you. God bless America.
Speaker 5: He's no food, he.
Speaker 7: Won't be fighting old bad boom.
Speaker 2: The whooping calls my gettle, my giddle. Let's he stop seating that greasy food jack.
Speaker 7: Constro whoop and call my gettle, my giddle. Let's he stop seating that greasy food check contro op and call my ghettle my gettle.
Speaker 2: Less he stop seating that greasy food jack.
Speaker 7: Constro whooping, called my gettle, my get unless he stop seating that greasy food jack.
Speaker 2: On strone and done,